Speaker 1: Don't want to be an American back half the week, got a love It Sloanly seven hundred WLW and a big sports weekend head More on that a little bit later and news involving Joe Burrow will have that covered for you this morning.
Speaker 2: Could be maybe possibly will we see him in action against the Patriots of New England on Sunday. So you're saying there's a chance before that. The city wants to move forward on a plan to finish the banks, but the county says we're broke, it's not a priority, and we've got more disagreement between the county and the city. The plan calls for up to eight hundred million dollars in redevelopment over the next fifteen years to complete the five remaining lots at the now twenty year old banks. And we have a new twist Council unanimously approving four million to buy the former free store food bank location on Central Parkway that's next to TQL that's causing speculation as a possible site for a new arena. All this and more. He is the development guy on City Council. That would be council Member Seth Walsh on the Scotsland show seth.
Speaker 3: Gomore, Scott.
Speaker 4: See how Man, Yeah, doing well.
Speaker 2: Lots to unpack here, and this is so in your wheelhouse obviously, let's start with this new information about buying the four million dollar a lot. I'm looking at the aerial on Google Earth of this thing. I'm looking at it, going okay, well, uh, it's next to public television, public radio. Across the street is Queen City Radio, so it's in the shadows of TQL Stadium. But I'm trying to see how you fit an arena in there? Can you do it if CET goes away? Although I know they just spent a ton of money on their their remodel. The other side of this is a Duke Energy substation that's not movable. You've got houses behind it. The neighbors don't want this going across Central Avenue and keep it on Central Parkway. Is this the site for a future arena?
Speaker 4: I mean it could be very well, could be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one of the sites, and you know, Scott to take a look at it. You know, it's identified in the arena study that was done last year in twenty twenty four as one of the four central sites for where we could be putting an arena including the existing location. And that's why this acquisition is so important. Even if it ultimately doesn't become an arena. Let's get control of the land so we can have that conversation and we can drive this conversation and make sure that we are evaluating all the options and we don't ultimately get strung out with somebody having control of a valuable parcel that we want if we want to put an area there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it absolutely could be an.
Speaker 3: Arena possibility there.
Speaker 2: So moving some stuff right, of course, you know, we know what's going on with the public public media. CET owns the building in the air rights, the city owns the land itself. Cost about fifty million dollars to move this thing, and you know you've got to come up with fifty million.
Speaker 3: Dollars to do that.
Speaker 2: If that's a possibility, then certainly you could put that right next to TQL Sadam and almost like what you know, putting the arena next to pay Corp, which I think would be great, But we're not going to do that obviously, because now you can share facilities, you can share infrastructure.
Speaker 3: That that's good, But.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that then take away what we're talking about here from the Banks, because I'm sure that the entities at the Banks, and now you're negotiating with the county on this, want to keep the arena in its present location. A new arena if they're to build it, why spend all the money in the Banks. If you're going to build an arena in the West.
Speaker 5: End, well, the Banks, regardless of whether there's an arena there or not. They already have two stadiums, so it's not like we would be taking all the supporting opportunities away from there if it did move, which again is not even close to being decided. And I think there's a very real conversation you have about the arena staying at the Banks, and there's some interesting renderings put out about that recently. But if it moved off the Banks, I think that's part of the larger conversation we need to have about the Banks. This is the front door to our city and it's the last great frontier of how we can really rebuild the downtown right on the river, how people are coming into the city of Cincinnati, and the opportunities there. I think we need to be envisioning in a way that is more than just expecting sports teams spill to keep it alive and active.
Speaker 4: Frankly, which is what gets me excited about the plan.
Speaker 2: Is this also maybe leverage because the county stand we're broke, it's not a priority. The ferris wheel will screw up the Freedom Center on all these other things. And you guys so far to the man and women on city Council. You want to move forward like yesterday on this bank thing, and the County's not going to go anywhere you need both entities to go. Is this possible? This four million dollar land by at the Free Store in Central aven has had a way for you to go. Hey, listen, we've got some leverage here.
Speaker 4: I don't see this as a leverage play.
Speaker 5: I see this as having a vision for what we want Cincinnati to become, and I think for the future of Cincinnati for the next ten to fifteen years. To really put us on the national stage, we need to have an arena and we need to have a thriving banks. I don't think it's an either or, and I think either location, any of the locations for the arena helped solve that problem. But we can't just build an arena and not be solving the banks situation. Yeah, and likewise we can't solve the bank situation and not hav an arena for the city.
Speaker 4: So my opinion on this.
Speaker 5: Is this is called vision and this is called leadership, and it's not trying to leverage or play anybody off each other. It's trying to move our city and our region forward. And I'm really excited about that because that's what we need. We need that type energy right now.
Speaker 2: Seth, You can't control what you take your contemporaries over at the county are doing by they stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 3: You don't control them. But can you do an arena?
Speaker 2: Can the City of Cincinnati do an arena without county involvement?
Speaker 4: You know a lot of people say no.
Speaker 5: My answer would be, you know, Scott, you and I have talked of development a lot. Every development project you begin on is hard and it's complicated, and it takes a lot of creativity to figure out how you get there. It's a lot easier for the counties at the table. But if it's not at the table, then that means we have to get more creative on how we solve the problem. And I think it's something we have to commit to as a city in the region and then figure out the answers to it regardless. Look at what we did with the convention center, three hundred million dollars. That wasn't found overnight, and it wasn't found from one source. And that's what I think is going to take to the arena. I would like the county to come to the table. I would like the county to be part of this conversation. I would like them to be driving the conversation. But I also think that the city should be prepared to figure out ways to fund it even if the county doesn't come there.
Speaker 2: What does that look like relative to financing? Is there significant private money involved? As there was a TQL that you can be confident in saying we got enough private money to pull that on.
Speaker 5: Well, you're asking a question much further down the line than is the reality right now. Again, we're at the very beginning stages of the arena conversation.
Speaker 4: But in the Arena study it does specifically call.
Speaker 5: Out that modern day arenas are being built with about one third of it coming from private money. Yes, I mean, man, that is in the tunes of hundreds of millions of dollars. So no, this would not be a pure public funded project, and it would be a project that would require private EFTs to get involved. It require figuring out how we keep it occupied throughout the entire year, so it's not just sitting there vacant. There's some really good questions to it, but again it's something we have to commit to. You commit to it. It's like anything in development. You say we're going to do it, and you figure out how you're going to do it from there, What.
Speaker 3: Is the timeline in your mind?
Speaker 4: So it's up to me.
Speaker 5: As Jerry said, it would have been two weeks ago, you know, we had been doing this. I think this needs to be the priority of the next term for city Council, for the mayor.
Speaker 4: So I think by twenty.
Speaker 5: Twenty nine we need to have answers and I'd love to see shovels in the ground by then.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm talking to council Member Seth Walsh of Cincinnati City Council on the show. With the news that the city's purchased land at near TQL Stadium, speculation is that maybe in Arena could go there. Seth Walsh not rulling that out money is the question because typically as a county and city enterprise. But we can move forward without the county involvement here, which is interesting because Commissioner Alisha Reese said on the show, you know, we're kind of broke right now, We're gonna have the money, worried about tax payers and property taxes going up on all this other stuff, and other members said, it's not even on our radar right now. Denise Dreehouse, the President said no, probably not. And that's just the best banks let alone arena. The banks have come before in arena. If they have money, do the banks? They certainly don't have money to do an arena. Let's focus on the banks thing. How do you move this forward if they're reluctant or just say simply we don't have the cash.
Speaker 5: That's a million dollic question, isn't it. The banks has never been done exclusively by the county. It has always been done through a partnership. I think the conversation that needs to be had and is happening now there's a steering committee that brought this plan together. If there's a steering committee that suggests these ideas, it is a lot of stakeholders ranging from members of the Bangles and the Reds to those who are on the banks. Already two members of the city in the county, so it's not like that. This is not a conversation actively happening between the city and the county. What we have to do is keep pushing and as from a city perspective, continue to provide support. You challenge the leaders who are in the room, who are doing the planning and making these things reality, to go out and find us these projects and these developments and then come back to us and tell us what it takes to get to happen. The resources exist for development, we see it all the time. You have talked about a number of times. Right to do that, we need the projects being brought to us. And so there are people including Phil Becker, came presented about this who this is their job to go make the plan the reality now and that's how this happens. And when they come to us and they say, hey, we've got a building, this is what it takes, then we start answering the question how we get there, whether that's through subsidies, whether that's through cras, whether that's through whatever.
Speaker 4: We start answering at that stage says Walsh.
Speaker 2: Denise Treehouse, the commissioned president, said this thing would be twenty four up to twenty four stories, and she was reluctant to agree with that because she worries about blocking daylight. This sounds like I don't know Hyde Park on the River, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: And that's my comment that I made during council. Obviously we have different meetings to discuss the same topic. But downtown is designed to be built big. It is designed for these tw It is you know when you walk around the banks.
Speaker 4: I was walking around it this morning.
Speaker 5: You know, these eleven twelve story buildings feel small because they're dwarfed by the towers that we already have downtown. And so I don't agree with that assessment. I think that the reality is we need to build height and we you know, the bigger we build it, the more people are going to live there, the more bustling it's going to be, the more successful our downtown is going to be. And I think that we need to keep that perspective of what is built already feels small, and it's not if you took what was built there, you drop it in say Hi Park, as you were just alluded to it'd be you know, twice so three times as tall as what we're talking about building in High Park already. So it's not small, but it feels small. We need to do better on the banks. We need to do better.
Speaker 2: Okay, the specific plans for this thing, it's going to be up to a twelve hundred new housing units, obviously high rise and condos and stuff like that. There's gonna be hotel there, plus retail and entertainment, as we mentioned, up to twenty four stories tall. The new lease with the Bengals allows for the taller buildings. Couldn't do that before because they had rights to the airspace or so ungodly reason. But you're talking about over these five lots doing a lot of different things in that regard. People are hearing this and go away in a minute now. Unlike what you were talking about with maybe new arena in the West End. This is taxpayer money. And how would taxpayers feel about subsidizing luxury housing?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: Will they be pushed back in the city on that?
Speaker 4: There certainly could be.
Speaker 5: And again you're we're going down a pathway of assuming what is going to be there. What needs to be there is housing and what that type of housing looks like is a question that developer needs to tell us. I'm a big proponent of just adding density to it and what that looks like, Let's.
Speaker 4: Figure it out, you know as well as I do.
Speaker 5: The more density you have, the less usually end up meeting per unit because it can support it. That's why one of the big questions I asked was, let's not captus the twenty four stories. You keep saying up to twenty four stories. It may need to be bigger than that. And I think we should be okay with that, and I think we should be open to that conversation because we want these projects to work, and if money is tight and being we want.
Speaker 4: To be protective of the public money.
Speaker 5: We make sure that these can cash flow and make it make sense and the developer wants to take it on. I mean, ultimately that's the goal here. And if we make it difficult for the development to happen, then yeah, we're gonna have to come up with a lot of subsidies and so there's a balancing actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's really cool.
Speaker 2: Is my daughter last month was in Minneapolis visiting a friend in her place. Is like looking literally looking over the stadium and the ballpark, and I was like, man, that's really really cool to be able to look down and you know, and a lot of people, a lot of young people especially love that, And that's kind of what you're proposing here. I know a lot of cities, major League cities have that, and I tend to agree with disass Stars watched on that as like it's twenty four to two short. It may and not be tall enough in that regard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, when I walked around downtown, one of the things I think about it. Maybe it's just because you know, this is what I think about. I guess it's like, man, it would be so cool to them there. When we were designing the downtown, when we were building the towers for the first time, and we were creating the skyline.
Speaker 4: That's the opportunity that's in front of us. And we're talking.
Speaker 5: About five plots of big acreage right in the heart of downtown, literally two blocks south of you.
Speaker 4: Know, the core of downtown. We can do that.
Speaker 5: We can build the next one hundred hundred and fifty years of what Cincinnati is going to look like and feel like, and what young people are going to want to be part of you're right overlooking these stadiums.
Speaker 4: You're you know, going out on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Night because they're living right there, like really making it something cool that people are traveling around the country to see. That's an amazing opportunity. Like, let's not lose sight of that. It's not just five parcels. It's like a huge opportunity for the next hundred years of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Okay, A legitimate question here about the timeline is the banks is already twenty years old. The stadiums are over twenty years old. At this point, we know everything has a certain longevity unless you're talking maybe I don't know the Horseshoe, Fenway Park, Wrigley Field. These are not those kind of facilities Great American and pay Corps respectively. So we're already twenty years into this thing. Another fifteen years makes it thirty five. At some point, are we building something for the future when the future with those stadiums may.
Speaker 6: Have to change.
Speaker 5: Well, And that's that's the point that I made earlier. You know, what we need to be designing the banks for as longevity, and it needs to not be just exclusively is there an arena? Are there stadiums there. What's the sport team doing for this day? It needs to be designed around a place that people are going to want to live and stay and be part of. You think about four Street or we're seeing a lot of development and activity happening, people moving to it. You know, they're there because the buildings are beautiful. They're there because they're walkable to everything that you want to do in the downtown area. And that's always going to be the case with downtown. That's the same question we have to be answering with the Banks. It's not just.
Speaker 4: About pay Court Stadium.
Speaker 5: It is about the future of who's going to stay and want to live there. Again, that's a really cool, exciting opportunity for me.
Speaker 2: It is at the same time, you know, in circling back to the question about the arena, with the purchase of the property Seth Walsh at near TQL Stadium, that a new arena could go there and you could do it without county participation, which I think is causing a lot of people to maybe give the radio their speaker's side eye this morning and their heads on the little side eye right now and go, WHOA, that was a bomb? How much weight do the Reds, the Bengals and the Banks Working Group have in this whole equation. Now we know that the contract was needed negotiated to allow twenty four stories or more to go up because the Bengals would control that. But there's a lot of stuff these lots, it looks like, you know, talgating lots and things like that that the Bengals have a say in. The Reds obviously carry a lot of weight in this equation too, as well as those who invested with the Bank's Working Group. And what's already down there regarding that, whether it's expansion of what we're talking about here or the arena, how much do they have a saying where or else it's going to go and how it's going to work out.
Speaker 5: I mean, when you say how much do they have to say are you talking about the arena?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, well, development the banks, but also let's factor the arena. Let's start with that seth. I mean, can they just say, hey, we're you're not going to put this in the West End, You're going to put it at the Banks and you're gonna we're going to tear down the tired Heritage Bank Center and maybe it's two years, but we're going to put a new one here. And that's what we've decided because we're the power brokers. I think a lot of people think that's the case inside the inside city Hall.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 5: Well, when you talk about the arena, and as we talked about the arena study earlier, you know a third of that, you know hundreds of millions of dollars that are probably gonna have to come from private entities to make that a reality. And that's gonna be a big part of the conversation. If if the private money that's coming to the table says we're not building it at this location, X, y Z wherever that is, guess what, it's not gonna be built there because you're not gonna get private money.
Speaker 4: If they're saying that's not where it can go.
Speaker 5: So if the power brokers quote unquote whoever that is in this conversation.
Speaker 2: The illuminati said it's the Illuminati, we'll call it what it is.
Speaker 4: Whatever we want to call it. If they want to go a certain location, they're gonna have to come to the table too. I mean, that's the thing for the arena. For the banks.
Speaker 5: We're not adversaries here. We all trying to run the same direction. And if you have a vision where you want to go, you're gonna have to step up to the table with the money and the resources and help makes that happen. None of these are gonna be cheap, but you know, the future in the vision of Cincinnati is going to come at a cost. And I think that's a good investment for us because this is something we're going to be talking about, you know, for an arena. We've been talking about arena for fifty years from the banks. Hopefully that the next one hundred years of success. People are proud that we did not saying, man, these guys really messed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, And then I think the same is probably true when it comes to the redevelopment down there as well. They have a say, but they don't get veto power.
Speaker 4: Correct. Yeah, that's exactly it.
Speaker 5: You know, we're all a team, but ultimately we got to be looking long term about what's being what's happening here. They have a seat at the table, they've been very involved in that. My understanding is they're very supportive of what the plan is. That's that's exactly what this needs to be all right, team, let's make it happen together.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: Council Member Seth Walla's always a pleasure, love the insight. Thanks again for coming on the show and Ed and I'm sure we will want to talk but have a wonderful thanksgiving you too, Scott, all right, take care, appreciate your time as always. Let me get a time out in some reaction maybe here too as well. And that sounds like a you know what, a big middle finger to the county Commission.
Speaker 3: Don't you like you know what? You guys won't move up. We got this, we got.
Speaker 2: This interesting more to follow, Sloany, here's new seven hundred w WT Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: It's a Scott Sloan show.
Speaker 2: On seven hundred w LW on air, online on demand.
Speaker 3: To be the iHeartRadio app. You can stream it as well.
Speaker 2: And just posting up on social the conversation I just had with Congress Congress members council Member Seth Walsh in Congress People on yesterday, counsel Member Seth Walsh, who is the big pro development guy on council. And make no mistake about it, you'll be hearing this now, I'm guessing probably today in the news cycle about his proclamation, it's actually saying, look, we're going to do an arena with or without the county. Now, this on the heels of what we're discussing with the Banks project too, which you know, you go down there, well down there, even if you're not a Reds or Bengals fan, you go to the area, you go, why do we have these concrete It looks like, I don't know Cincinna's version a stonehenge. I think a janky stone. We've got all these concrete piers down there with nothing on it. You know, there's a rebar exposed. It's unsightly, it's awful. You look, I go twenty years ago, we've got the bags going and we still have undeveloped laying. They want to get this together and spend seven hundred and fifty to eight hundred million dollars to build twenty four stories or higher, get a hotel, get housing down there, get young people, young professionals in the city. A lot of questions about that relative to affordable housing, which I understand. And we've got a great political divide over this because the Commission says we're broke, we don't have the money twenty four stories is too high. There's no impetus to get the sun by the County. Meanwhile, the city in South Walsh and other members of council, and I haven't surveyed all members of council, but I know it's unanimous if they all feel we need to move forward and need to move forward now. They wanted to start this thing yesterday and the County says it's not even on our radar right now. Can you do that without the County? The answer is no, So we pivot to mayor aftab vault and two days in a row. I give credit where credits due, and I give criticism where criticisms due. I'm not carrying the water for anybody. I just want stuff to work. I want common sense to rain, and I want freedom. Those three things, free to as an adult to side adult things that I want to do with my life outside and inside wherever it might be, as long as I'm not hurting somewhere else. Generally, that's my life philosophy. You do you, I'll do me. We can help each other along the way. That's how things should work in a perfect world. We're not in a perfect world. But the County says, hey, we don't have money to the banks. Do you think they're going to have the money to do an arena project? No, And so the city goes under aftad pure Vall, the mayor announcing yesterday we just bought spent four million dollars buying the old freestore food bank location on Central Parkway, which is kind of a cross if you like.
Speaker 3: Where is that?
Speaker 2: It's a cross right next to CET but across kind of kitty corner from Queen City Radio, which is a great bar right there in the shadows of tiqu Up and Seth Wall saying well, you know CET, we own the land there. We can move them fifty million out of whatever would costs for an arena. It's not that big an ask. We've got enough room to drop an arena right there. Can you do that with out the county involvement? The answer is, well, we prefer to partner, but ultimately we own the land, we own the airspace. We could get the developers together, the city could do their own damn arena. How about that? And what does that mean then for the future of the Banks. You've got great American Ballpark, which, by the way, they're going to start getting our proposals bids basically recusts our bids to remodel Great American like we just did pay Court. So city's got to look at that kind of money. So can the city build a new arena, leave tired old heritage Bank center behind and kind of start developing what the bank should have looked like twenty years ago. Because of the failure of the county and the city to get together and come up with a plan, we've got twenty years later, still undeveloped lan in the most pricey area of town in downtown Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: I think the.
Speaker 2: First salvo in the Civil War between the count of the city has been fired by Seth Walsh on The Scotsland Show this morning. It's gonna be interesting how this plays out. Speaking of stadium, speaking of sports, and speaking of entertainment. The other big news this morning is whether or not Joe Burrow will play against the Patriots in New England on Sunday. Now you look at their record with the three wins, go man at the path of the playoffs is damn near impossible. You never want to say never in the it's c NFL parody and all that stuff, But knowing the way the Bengals play defense and sometimes offense is not happening. We know Joe Flacco is possibly beyond a repair at this point. He's having a heart He's not even practicing, can't throw a ball to Jake Browning is not throwing. The other element here too, is this bombshell that our own Tom Brandman dropped this morning on his show, like maybe an hour hour and a half ago, in his interview with the head coach, Zach Taylor. If he didn't hear this, he asked him in practice, what did you see out of Joe Burrow this week?
Speaker 7: That was pleased? I bet he looked good first day taking eleven on eleven reps, and so that was a great starting point for him, and I hadn't done that for two months. So I was pleased before I saw.
Speaker 8: You know, I did the NFL on Fox for twenty five years, and I know that the league and the teams take these injury reports very very seriously. He is listed as a full participant. Is Joe Burrow going to play on Sunday?
Speaker 4: Well, we don't know that yet.
Speaker 7: You know, it's kind of a balance of Joe Flacco has n't been practicing on Wednesdays. So it was a great opportiony to get Joe Burrow out there to take as many reps as possible. So yeah, he took all the reps, but but that was a balance with Joe has not been practicing on Wednesdays last few weeks, and so we'll just keep working through these next couple of days.
Speaker 8: When do you plan on making a decision about that? Because look, it's what everybody's talking about. I mean, you were born maybe at night, but not last night.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 8: That's what everybody is talking about. Is Joe Burrow coming back? So you know, I mean, is there let's put it this way, is there a chance that he plays Sunday?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not there yet.
Speaker 7: You know, it's one day of practice. Isn't going to lead to that decision yet.
Speaker 4: So we're here.
Speaker 7: Is the time we have at our disposal and come with the best decision we can.
Speaker 8: Are you amazed by how quickly he's recovered from this. I have Julieusfording, who was an Olympian marathon runner. She had the same thing to Joe Burrow said it was the most grueling rehab that she's ever been through. And she's been through back surgeries and knee surgeries and all that kind of thing. Are you even amazed that he's even on the practice field at this point in time?
Speaker 4: Am I amazed now?
Speaker 7: Because I've watched this guy for the last six years and I've seen him. He's obviously wired different than everybody else. That's why he's.
Speaker 4: Who he is.
Speaker 7: Why he's a National champion, Heisman Trophy, winning, first pick in the draft, all that kind of stuff, NFL comeback player, the all the stuff that he earned.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 7: I've just now seen enough to where I just know that's who he is. And this isn't the first rehab he's had to go through, so he knew what that process was. Obviously different injuries. Proud of him, not surprised, maybe surprises the rest of the world, but is really impressive the work that he's done to get back on the field as quickly.
Speaker 4: As he did.
Speaker 8: Coach you feel mind, So it sort of take us inside football here on something like this, and look, you have to make a decision, and you'll consult with others, But will this be a situation where Joe might come into you, Joe Burrow, he might come to you and say hey, you know, coach, I feel like I'm ready to go.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, And then that's that's that's my job, you know, to balance, balance all the information and protect the player and make the.
Speaker 7: Best decision possible. But yeah, absolutely, he's he's certainly got his opinions when he's put in the work and feels how he does, and and we'll balance all that information.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 8: Come on, come on, coach, come on, I'm gonna circle back to it one more time.
Speaker 4: I have to do it.
Speaker 8: There are more people that listening to this morning show than anywhere else, and they are huge me too, Bengo fait, Come on, coach, you can tell us right now Burrow's playing it.
Speaker 3: He's playing it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, I wish I could. I wish I had that decision today, you know. Honestly, it's I'm going to take in all the information I can and make sure it's the best one for for Joe and our team, and we'll go from there, all right.
Speaker 2: That is Zach Tanner on with our Tom Brenhaman this morning on seven hundred WLW. I also love how Tom dropped in the do you know who? I was lying at the beginning there about twenty five years the NFL.
Speaker 3: I thought he was.
Speaker 2: Tom's questions were awesome, as as only Tom can do right about what in pressing him U And so you know it's coaching it in answer. And the way the timeline on this works, I believe I'm gonna have Tony Pike on after ten o'clock to talk about this. Is you know you have until what tomorrow or is it Saturday? I think to make the roster move. And we know Joe Flacco is not anywhere near a hundred percent with his injury. We know that while Jake Browning is Jake Browning, is it almost forcing their hand like, hey, we have no one else, We're going to have to play Burrow if he's cleared to play. Now again, you are risking the future because you imagine, mean God forbid, something happens to him in this game against New England or in the next couple of games for that matter. You know you only got three wins. The playoffs are it's kind of like an led not even a light, but like a small led light at the end of the tunnel you could barely see if you squint your eyes. The chances of them making the postseason. I don't know, if you're a core Bengals fan, you don't want to hear that, but that's real. It's awfully difficult to come back to three and seven, even with Joe Burrow. But you know that Joe Burrow doesn't play defense either. He also doesn't generally turn the ball over on off. We saw that last week as well, So we could see him tomorrow or maybe Saturday, and then do they activate him from the game because they'd probably have to cut Browning to make roster spot for him. And does that even make sense at this point? And if you're going, okay, well, this is great to say, listen to the you know, go back in your head there. And as Tom was pressing him, and he seemed like, kind of, I don't know if your guy wasn't ready to play.
Speaker 3: And maybe I'm reading too much into this.
Speaker 2: I probably am, but speaking with people, as I often do about matters, he can kind of It's not body language, but it's more like voice language, you know what I mean. Boy, he seemed b offfully loose, didn't he. He seemed like to be in a really, really good mood for a guy who's facing I mean, let's face it, even in Cincinnati, he's on the hot seat. Duke Tobin's on the hot seat, there's no question, and he's looking at it's going, well, my MVP quarterback is out. I've got Joe Flacco, who is great those first game, but now he's hurt. And Jake Browning is the reason why Joe Flacco's here and also the reason why we've lost seven games, not all seven, but certainly, you know, if he were pressing you on the health of Joe Burrow and Joe wasn't ready to play, don't you think he'd kind of shut that down. But he sounded like loose and happy and ready for New England, the best team in football, to come to Cincinnati on Sunday. And again, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I wonder if there's a chance it's like it sounds like maybe Joe Burrow will play on Sunday. Again, complete speculation here, but man, he seemed to be in a really good mood coach when being pressed, and normally if that's not the case, you know, they get their data up a little bit and push back, and coaches are good at shutting down. Journalists are people asking questions and try to make you feel stupid, and that's kind of what their job is.
Speaker 3: I understand that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we'll see how this plays out, and maybe some insight here from Tony Pike come up after ten o'clock this morning on seven hundred ww's Scott's Loan Show. We got that going on. We also have this if you're traveling over the holidays. There's been a four hundred percent increase in unruly passenger incidents on planes over the last six years, four hundred percent increase. So the Secretary of Transportation is launching a new campaign to restore what they call courtesy in class to air travel, urging travelers to ask themselves questions like are you dressing with respect? Are you keeping control of your children? Are you saying please and thank you? Sounds like Terry Thiji all over again. I'm watching you, You're watching me, I'm watching you. The DOT believes that this is going to help ensure the safety of passengers and gate workers, flight attendants, pilot's, ground crews, and stuff like that. I think it's an interesting strategy in the sense that is it nineteen fifty all over again, Because you know that mom guilt thing, you really grandma guilt that we know that there's a back life. We know that doesn't work, And I get it. You know, there's an appeal to personal responsibility, to social norms, to civility and etiquette as a safety concerned but you know, certainly it's kind of vague. It's also unenforceable, and it's voluntary compliance. It just sounds a little condescending and lecturing. But let's face it, does it really address the root causes to be kind of We have crowded over crowded planes, we have delays, we have stress, we have people who are drinking before, during, and after the flight, and of course we have an attitude where everyone is the most important person on the face of the earth. The most important person is me, is what the belief is. And when you put that toxic mix of all that together, I think just asking to be nice to each other, it's going to miss the mark because they're not. Because it's it's all relative, you know, morality of sense has become a relative thing. You know, how dare you tell me how to dress, don't tell me what to do, don't disrespect me. Meanwhile, you're disrespecting everyone else by acting the way you're acting had a large number of the reasons. You know, airlines are, despite the spike, air travels still relatively cheap. So in that tends to let's face it, if if not that certainly rich people don't act poorly. I mean, look at the Wepstein thing, right, But in that regard too, is you know, when when the price tickets come down everything to afford a flight, there are people there who just simply don't know how to act in public. You see it all the time on flights. So in the other limit too, Quite honestly, there's no mention of airline or staff training or accountability from them, because I've seen flight attendants and maybe you're having a bad day, but I've seen flight attendants act poorly and it's certainly not the fault of the passenger if they're short or angry with you, and that escalates a situation. I know, you can have a bad day, but the passenger is not allowed to. And it doesn't addrust the as I said, seat size, overbooking, service cuts, and people maybe flying infrequently and not understanding how things work. I mean, you see fights over overhead space all the time. You know you'll let somebody bring in I don't know, a piano with them and sticking overhead and there's no room for everyone else. It's like, well, why aren't you stopping that at the gate, and they won't do it. So airlines bring a lot of the sound themselves, but I don't know. Asking about whether or not you should be dressing with respect or use some courtesy in class, maybe you always try to, but if somebody's being jerky with me, I'm gonna give you jerky times ten right back. And it just it doesn't make for a pleasant experience. So I mean, that's say that seems kind of like a desperate ploy But I don't I think the people who would go, yeah, okay, I can do that are not the people that are gonna cause problems in the first place. Let's call it what it is. We've got a news update where return T Pike is here. We'll talk about, well, you just heard with Joe Burrow. Will he or won't he on Sunday is the question, and it's I don't know, it's starting to sound like maybe more like he may be the guy. We may see QB one back at the Helm against Drake May and the best team in the NFL the New England Patriots, believe it or not, on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred W do WD Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: Don't want to be.
Speaker 2: Here, seven hundred WLW Welcome to It's on this busy, busy, busy day, the big news sports wise as we had on the weekend.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 2: Of course, we've got a huge game with UC at Heritage Bank. We've got though, which I understand. Ticket sales are going pretty good, so if you want to get in, make sure you get your tickets now. And I want wait because of that parlays into Friday Night Football at pay Car with Saint x An Elder. You've got FC playing messy at TQL, winner takes all, and then the Bengals on Sunday against the high flying league leading Drake May and New England Patriots coming to town. And as a Bills fan, I want to see the Bengals crush the Patriots to help me out a little bit, but I also want to see the Bengals do well. I have question whether or not Joe Flacco can throw the football any longer. I don't think Jake Brownie could ever throw football. In the last couple of years and now the question, as you heard with Tom brunhaman this morning here on seven hundred WLW in his weekly with Zach Taylor. Zach Taylor said, well see, and he wasn't an unusually good move, which leads me to believe that there's a good chance that Burrow may be starting on Sunday against New England on that is the hall of fame of the living legend, the straw that stirs the drink, the songbird of his generation.
Speaker 12: Tony Pike, oddly enough, you're just gonna leave out UC hosting BYU and your weekend plans. Oh yeah, just an insane ambition to start this. I had a feeling you may bring that up with BYU coming to town. And I know how high you are on the Bearcats, right yeah, yeah, yeahing's everything's great in bearcat Land.
Speaker 3: At Arizona, at home.
Speaker 4: Come on, yeah.
Speaker 12: Not ideal, not good, not ideal, controlling their own destiny not anymore for the Bearcats.
Speaker 3: Not good. But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a chance you could beat by you and sure it be a stunnard, be unbelievable, knock them.
Speaker 3: There's a chance for a lot of things.
Speaker 2: A lot of things gonna happen. There's a chance that Joe Burrow may play. I played earlier Tom Brenneman in his about three minutes of him talking to Zach Taylor, and I think I took away with it because and you clarified, I know that they have to make a decision. Let's start with the timeline here. What has to happen for Joe Burr to play.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they would essentially make the decision on his availability tomorrow and then ninety minutes leading up to kickoff on Sunday as your active or inactive report. You know, I I've listened multiple times now to Zach with Tom today, and I listened to I'm a big Dan Rolofsky guy, and I listened to Dani Rolofski yesterday and Danie Rolofsky. As soon as the report came out that Joe Burrow was full, Dan Rolofsky said, he's going to be playing. You don't There's been so many things the Bengals could have done in the last twenty four to forty eight hours to not make this what it is put him as limited on like practices are open to start and then it's closed. If you haven't listed as limited. No one's going to bat an eye. You listened to him as a full participant. Zach Taylor has had ten chances to shoot this down and say, ah, we're just not there yet or close. He needs time and he's not done that. Everything that they could have done to eliminate this conversation we're having right now could have been done which would lead me to believe that number nine is going to be available to play.
Speaker 2: I think the other thing too, and I if you listen to this the three minutes, Zach Tatlor's awfully jovial with Tom Brenneman. Like normally, if if you're starting quarterback of Joe Brow, he can't go, he's still he's not gonna be active. We know Joff Flacco is not good health wise right now.
Speaker 12: You don't have Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: You don't have Jamar Chase, right you don't have Trey Hendrickson. You you got Jake Browning. Basically maybe maybe not, wouldn't you be a little bit more shirling, like quit asking me about this, Let's just focus on New England. Typically that's Coach you saying it's like we're focused on New England and.
Speaker 12: At the court of your three wins. Yeah, you're a three weeks. You're not going to come on on a Thursday morning.
Speaker 3: Your job is on the line.
Speaker 12: Yeah, ready to attack the day. And then everything you just outlined to me, the biggest is the best player on this offense, Jamar Chase is not going to play on Sunday. So already, mentally, three wins, how are you going to get an offense to function without the best wide receiver football? Your defense tied an NFL record, You've given up twenty seven or more and nine straight games. Normally, that's not the attitude of a coach that's gonna come on and sound as you mentioned, as jovial as Zach Taylor was today. It's incredible. I again, I at this point fully think that that Joe Burrow is gonna play, and that opens up the brief small window of if Joe Burrow is gonna play, can they run the table? Who knows? But it does give one more if it feels like this team we talked during the red season feels like the Reds multiple times were like five seconds away in a boxing round of getting knocked out right and they lasted and they survived. The round and then they came out swinging again, and I feel lucky out your guard down. It's like and I feel like we've done this like five times with the Bengals already, and it felt like after the Pittsburgh game, coming off the loss to the Jets and Bears, it was like, it feels like it's over. Why would you bring Joe Burrow back on Thanksgiving? Well, now, all of a sudden, mathematically you're a little still there, right, and that that that gives and breeze life back into a lot of Bengals.
Speaker 2: It's that like a light at the end of It's almost lot like the flame from a birthday candle. Right, I mean, I like one of your wives, that's the one that gets blown out of I think that's light. Yeah, it continues to light light up again. It officially does a long tunnel. I can't see that far. And it makes you think, man, if he could have played against Pittsburgh, I think you had a better chance.
Speaker 3: Think you may win and win that game. But New England scares me.
Speaker 2: Although you look at New England's record and maybe there's a home run me talking is they're kind of due for one here, you know, they're close to a couple of games, and and you know this isn't the seventy two Dolphins for crying out loud. Uh, you got Baltimore twice. That'll be a battle Buffalo. Who knows which Bills team shows up there in Miami, Arizona, Cleveland. Uh, those should be wins there. So if you bank on it and say he's back, maybe you do get those three wins at that six. Can you get three more between now and then? Pittsburgh would have been great, sweet the series, but New England's going to be really, really tough.
Speaker 12: But you got a chance with Burrow there. Yeah, the AFC North was kind of what everyone was circling. That's what makes the Pittsburgh loss so devastating.
Speaker 3: But you're right.
Speaker 12: I mean, if this is a New England team where you're talking about it's the top defense in the NFL and an offense that struggles. It's what New England does offensively that worries me because it's the Bengals inability to stop anyone on the defensive side of the ball. And here comes Drake May who's an MVP favorite or CO favorite right now, to win that award in just his second year in the NFL. They mesh together so well they present. What they do really well is what the Bengals don't do, which starts with tackling and so many other things. But you know, the Joe Burrow aspect of this is odd. You know, if Joe Burrow was healthy against the Bears and the Jets, they probably still lose those games. He you couldn't have played any better. So can Joe Burrow's return or potential return help the defense? I don't know. But as you outlined, how odd is it that we sit here today talking if the playoffs were to start, the playoffs in the AFC don't have Joe Burrow, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson. I mean, there are a lot of stars on the outside looking in. Something's going to have to give as the season rolls on. And if Joe Burrow is playing, at least you get the stretch run like you had last year, where you feel like you have a chance every week.
Speaker 2: Now, Ultimately, here's the other thing too, three and seven. That's a long shot to make the playoffs. Teams don't make the playoffs usually that that's the case. The concern on the other side of this Okay, do we shut Joe Burrow down. We're just talking about this yesterday, right now today, Okam, he may play a different thing, God forbid. Something happens down the stretch here he comes back, maybe a little too early, something else happens.
Speaker 3: This team has a lot of holes.
Speaker 2: Maybe something occurs, and now that sets him back in the offseason. Yeah, you got to think about that. If you're Zach Tannler, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 12: The initial worries for me is not Joe Burrow in the shotgun because it's his left foot. The initial worry for me has been about going under center. I mean, we have talked so much in the last weeks about Joe Flocco's ability to unlock this offense and help the old line and help the running game because he goes under center. Joe Burrow is already not comfortable going under center. And the one thing that I worry about if you think of under center plays, how many quarterbacks do you see on a weekly basis going under center and as they push away from the center, they get stepped on by a guard pulling, or a center pounds on a tone that is surgically like that. That to me was always the worry of Okay, if Joe can play, can he play in a full capacity? Are there limitations where he's only in shotgun? Because I don't know if I still trust this O line in just Shotgun. I don't know if they can run the ball consistently in just shotgun. If you're telling me Joe Burrow has no limitations, he can go under center twenty five times, great, But are you willing to put him under center and ask him to violently push off on that left toe and run the risk of someone stepping on him with a lot of traffic in the middle there? That would be what would worry me? And again, can you can you avoid a setback that then takes Joe Burrow out for the offseason? And then we're talking about another offseason where Joe Burrow was compromised less than ideal off season, a less than ideal training camp that would be the ultimate doomsday scenario for this team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and something.
Speaker 2: This is a lesser example, obviously, but I had a ruptured tendon to my foot. I'm walking around with a boot and I was about five weeks I got the boot off. You're like you met, you're letting a really significant progress I'm about eight weeks out right now from that and I'm doing PT and stuff, but I know, like I still am reluctant to push off and do And you know, granted I'm thirty years older than he is. He's getting treated like a waygoo beefcalf for the rubbing, hum and massage. When we got trainers, a whole different paradigm, the nutrition, the training all. I appreciate that, but at the end of the day, it's still a in this case, a ligament and his toe versus a ten in my foot. You know, it's you're still in that eight week window and it's like, okay, we can start generally you start RHIAs. So yeah, he may be clear to practice and he's throwing and said, but you could still reinjure that and it wouldn't take as much as it would Prior to.
Speaker 12: Anyone that has ever been through a major type of surgery nose, there is one wrong move or one wrong thing and it has set yourself right. So there is to me. I went through it when I was at uc and playing because I had the same injury back to back years. And I've said this before, there's a physical side to rehab. That sucks. The mental side, to me was worse because for Joe Burrow, he's had so many major injuries. When you get injured, you know, okay, physically this is going to be a grind. But mentally, in that setting, you're away from the team, you're alone, you're rehabbing, and you've been through it already. You know the mental toll it takes going forward, That to me is what worries me about a setback. Yeah, you know, physically I feel great. It takes one wrong move or one thing to happen and then physically you're back in the can and then mentally it's and I got to do this again. I don't know how many more times I can do this. And you know, I mean Joe Burt. We're talking about you know, Joe Burrow, and we say it jokingly. So you're gonna win a three time Comeback Player of the Year. You don't want to have that distinction. You don't want to be up for the award of Comeback Player of the Year threty different times because that says you're coming back from major injury CATLA trophy.
Speaker 2: You want on a Lobarties, which are three yeld parties is better than Yeah.
Speaker 12: The mental side, man, is always what's worried.
Speaker 2: More than sorry, even when you're doing physic because you're missing out, you're sitting there watching the world go by.
Speaker 3: I mean that's just me.
Speaker 2: But this guy's, you know, his prime of his career right now, and every game is every game means something because that's less time you're gonna be able to play professional football. Tony Pike and studio is a little bit about that throwing a football. And Joe Burrow now where it sounds like he's going to play on Sunday. At this point, we're just worried about the repercussions. If again, maybe you gets stepped down, something happens it Could it be career ending? Could it be debilitating because you if the same thing happens again, you're talking about going in and repairing the same injury. That's going to add time. What happens the off season? Are you throwing away twenty twenty six? Those all have to be going through Zach Tittor's mind as supposed to win in right now? How much do you think a coach weighs that.
Speaker 12: It has to It has to be weighed upon, and I think for the timeline the Bengals are on right now. If this was Baltimore, or if this was even Buffalo, the conversation changes because, let's face it, with no Jamar Chase and no Joe Burrow, they're not beating New England. Now you're three and eight, and the math just becomes almost impossible. There is a space out there of well, Joe Burrow is making fifty five million dollars, there's still mathematically in it. You have to trust the training staff. That to me, is what it comes down to. If the the training staff is meeting daily, sometimes multiple times a day with the coaching staff. If the training staff is saying to me, he's good to go, there's no worry, there's no risk here, he's cleared, then I'm playing him.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 12: If this conversation is he can play, but he can't do this. He can play, but you got to watch out for that, then I'm not running him out there because the again, the chance of them running the table and getting in is minuscule. The chance. If a trainer is telling me, well, of course there's a possibility of something here, well, then my mind's it goes to what you just outlined of offseason twenty twenty six. You know, this team already has enough hurdles to overcome going into next year. Already they've got to refit, they've got to to address a defense again, they've got to probably address a couple questions on the offensive line. If you're worrying about quarterback and getting the off season, it's a nightmare. But if the training staff, who you trust, is saying you're good to go, and that was my thing when I played. It took me to hear the training staff say you're good, nothing worse can happen. Right, you're good to go, then then let's go.
Speaker 2: Okay, So but here's let me play a Douvile's avocat because you, as a player, you want to play Tony. I'ms right right, You're gonna run through walls and knowing a little bit about rehab myself, okay, you want to get back to do what you're gonna do.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day.
Speaker 2: It's an intangible because isn't the training staff and the doctors aren't the positions, aren't they Despite of the imaging and tests that they do, you still have to take the player's word for it.
Speaker 3: Does this hurt.
Speaker 2: Do you as a quarterback and you're like, hey, you know what I really want to play? Do you sometimes go no, that's fine when maybe you're not being fully transparent and would Joe Burrow do that? So at the end of the day, you're just relying on that person who wants to play, who's competitive, and may go it's this a little pain, I don't care. Does that jeopardize us?
Speaker 12: It could, But I think in an injury like this, you're doing so many follow up scans and imaging that you can see if everything's healed around it. I think pain management is a part of what you have to do going in anyway, you know that you have to manage pain. But I want to know imaging wise, is it one hundred percent healed? Is it eighty percent healed? Because if it's eighty percent, now we're rolling the dice yes, right, So that to me is that conversation. It's similar to a conversation. You know, we got the bombshell yesterday from Nick Crawl that you know Ellie Davila Cruz was dealing with a slight tear. Okay, well, then someone should have been operating in Ellie's best interest because in your point, Yes, Ellie's not going to say take me out. He wants to play one sixty two. Joe Burrow wants to play this week. If if there is a chance and you're not one hundred percent, then it is you take away. I appreciate you. I appreciate you as a competitor wanting to be back out here for your teammates. But it's not smart medically, then that conversation has to be had. But if it's a pain tolerance thing and imaging wise, he's clear to go, then I think you go.
Speaker 2: Is there some culpability with Zach tenn or going, hey, maybe he's ninety percent and my job's on the line.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, And I think that's a fair part about this. I mean this is which again is why I was taking back a little bit. Hearing Zach with Tom today doesn't sound like a coach seven, doesn't sound like a coach that doesn't have Jamar Chase. Sounds like a coach that feels pretty good, which tells me he feels good about where his quarterback is. But yes, there is a fine line, and it's where you have to put the trust in your coach and your training staff to say yes, we do have the best interest in our player in mind, because I'm not putting Joe in there. If I have to game plan around an injury, you can't do that. If you can keep the same game plan, then he plays.
Speaker 2: This is further out than Joe Burro playing this weekend Tony Pike. But let's say Joe Burrow plays, and let's say okay, places he's good for the rest of the season and they continue to lose.
Speaker 3: Is that it for Zach to Ed or Duke Tobin? Does that?
Speaker 2: Then turn that pressure around and go, well, you got QB one back, No more excuses. You still can't win football games, you still can't tackle, you can still can't block, you still can't make, you get your assignments correct?
Speaker 3: What then?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 12: Then you're you're You're pushed against the alternate window. I always thought this was a different conversation if this team is mathematically eliminated, And if it is, then is there harm in Joe Burrow playing two more times and then shutting him down for the rest of the year, because ultimately what he needs is more reps. But again, I go back, I go back to the training staff, and I was I was lucky with my staff at UC that those guys I trusted Bob Manjeen, I trusted Angelo Colisimo because at the end of the day, I knew that they wanted to win, but the core of everything they were about was having my best interest in mind. And that's what I continue to go back to With Joe Burrow, I don't think that a trainer would say, go practice if there was any shot of this not being okay. If it's the divisional playoffs, if you're leading in or to must win to get into the playoffs, then maybe you roll the dice a little bit, okay. But the experiences I've had, I fully trust that that a trainer and trainers I have would would would not put your best interest to to harm just to get you back out at you.
Speaker 2: All right, he's Tony Pike and right now you're going he sounds like he's going to play football on Sunday.
Speaker 3: That would be Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: Uh, that would be incredible considering what he's been through in such a short period of time. And uh, some time time, what time tomorrow you think they make the announcement.
Speaker 12: Uh, I believe they will practice. It's a home game, so they'll practice probably early afternoon, and then once practice wraps up, you'll get that report from Zach se.
Speaker 2: Time in the afternoon. We expect to hear that Joe Burrow would play on Sunday.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you would. You would at least here he's going to be active, and I think that to me is a foregone conclusion. You know, you have the full participant and you have limited doubtful. You know, so much is made about Wednesday and Thursday.
Speaker 2: When the news about releasing Jake Browning happened first, you would think, so it's because of a Browning.
Speaker 12: Joe, You're about forty percent, but we're gonna need you to take every team rep this week while Flo's not in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would worry me.
Speaker 2: Tony Pike and Austin Elmore today at noon on ESPN fifteen thirty covering this up and down. Appreciate your brother. Thanks again, the Hall of Famer. Tony Pike on seven hundred W Scott Sloan Show, seven hundred WLW. Here we go, So Thursday mornings, you're bringing our our doctor friend here, the er doctor. Uh he is a doctor, Sanja SHAEFERCERMANI he is we talk about healtha talk food we talk fitness. Uh, and he is right now crushing an energy drink because he just got off a shift.
Speaker 13: So hey, don't judge me, don't judge me, but yes, like, oh, that's I.
Speaker 2: Was just talking to someone yesterday who is in the medical field and drinks eight monsters a.
Speaker 3: Day and would not anyway. Cold turkey. That's he's saying, cold turkey.
Speaker 13: How's he feeling?
Speaker 2: He says, fine, Like, yeah, I was. I was a no headache, no no shakes. You go through the DTS what, Nope, I'm good.
Speaker 13: Just have to take a one week nap. Yeah, yeah, I guess fine.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you do that at all. So before you get in this, I'm gonna put you on the spot. Here'm gonna con audible because we're going to talk about how not to die in Thanksgiving, the Joe Burrow thing with the turf toe and you knowing a little bit about these things and injuries, and like, is it surprise to you he can come back this fast?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 13: It it is? But I also have my concerns about, you know, how well he's going to bounce back. It always, you know, the feat We we underestimate how much. We need them, even the smallest little things, as we all learned through this turf so thing. And so was I a little surprised. Yes, am I looking forward to seeing him back, Yes.
Speaker 3: Do I do.
Speaker 13: I hope the best for him, yes, but we'll see how you know, I'm definitely not an orthopic surgeon. I see these things on the front end. But yeah, foot injuries are tough.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 13: I had an ankle injury. I know you had a leg injury, and yep, they take they take a while, so he won't be one hundred percent, but hopefully he's got enough and it'll hold up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't think of that too, like I've heard if you, for example, if you have your your pinky toe, if that, if you lose that, it's difficult to walk right. That's just a little you're like, there's no way, but it's true.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you figure you don't need that. Stupid at the end, but it's it's more important than we think. And it's just it's you know, our balance and everything, just sensation and knowing where we are. It's all very important in ways we don't even recognize until, of course it's gone.
Speaker 2: If you had to choose one to lose. Pinky toe, pinky finger, pinky toe for sure, Oh to toe.
Speaker 13: Okay, my feet are already messed up, like you might as well just go further. I need these little these little piggies on my hands.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, fantastic, all right, he's got his monster and I just trip by the way yesterday and studio. I had our friends from Dorothy Lane Market and Mason and they brought a bunch of food. And I'm a pecan pie guy. You're a peacan by I'm telling you, the best peacan pie I've ever had Dorothy Lean Market.
Speaker 4: Check it.
Speaker 3: I got to do it.
Speaker 13: I've only been once to the new location, but I have to go.
Speaker 2: Back then by like I live down there with and it's like every time I go by, there's no parking spots. So I'll come back later and then there's again no parking spots. Just why because everything's good there. Yeah, so it's phenomenal. Just don't make pecan pie yourself. That was my mistake.
Speaker 13: Knowing what is inside of pecan pie ruined it for the rest of my life. But I just choose to ignore it.
Speaker 2: The reason I love having sign Jaane is because he's a doctor, but you know he's we talk about fitness and health and exercise and all these things. What it all comes together. And normally the reason I love you is because you're not Tom Brady. Do you like if you eat carbohydrates, you're drinking energy drinks, you have pecan pie, you you don't just eat avocados?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Oh no, It's all about balance and I usually tip the wrong way with balance.
Speaker 3: But you know that's why we go to the gym, right right? All right? Yeah, a little restraint. Do you lose your mind on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 13: Uh? Lose my mind?
Speaker 3: How well do you eat yourself in a food coma?
Speaker 13: Ah? It is my favorite haul. I have to do it. And it's it's not like turkey is just turkey is there, but it's like the vehicle to have the excuse to eat all the sides. And so yeah, I eat myself usually kind of silly, but it's it's stuffing for me like that is my is. My one weakness is well dressing. Now I've learned the difference between the two.
Speaker 3: It's dressing. Yeah, dressing, that's a gravy on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the starches are I try to avoid carb but I mean carbs are really the cornerstone you talk about Trinky, You're right. Carbohydrates is what drive Thanksgiving. It exactly, that's what we're there. So why do we why do we pass out? Because you hear that, Well, let's trip to fan in the in the Turkey it makes you sleepy. But it's it's the carbs, isn't it.
Speaker 13: It is the carbs. So yeah, that's a it's a common misconception. We all blame the trip to fan, which has a part, but actually, you know, chicken and beef has as much trip to fan as Turkey does. So, uh, trip to Fan gets a bad rap as far as Thanksgiving goes. But what happens is we have these big meals and the insulin spikes because we eat so much carb. Uh, and then the trip to Fan has a chance then to work on our brain. So yes, there's a place there. But it's not that Turkey's bringing it. It's the it's the size that are bringing it. Uh, with the with all the carbs, and then your insulin allows.
Speaker 2: Everything to gohare and you had a couple of slices of pecan pie on top of that, and it's over.
Speaker 3: Game, all done. Yes see on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Can you do you see people in the er that eat so much they show up? And what does that look like? Can you do the food coma and you actually have to be transported?
Speaker 13: Yes, very much so, and you know you so there's a there's a general lull through the day as far as Thanksgiving goes. I think the stats are like twenty five percent less patients on Thanksgiving Day. But you know, when the meals are ending, it's it's six or seven o'clock, and you'll see the spike of people that come in, and it's usually with either chest pain or like really bad bloating. And most of the time, most of the time it's just because they over ate, right, But I you know, I sympathize with that man, like I've done it to myself for sure, Okay, And so yeah, some sometimes patients do come in purely because they eat too much, and I love them for it.
Speaker 3: Can you eat yourself into an unstable heart rhythm?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 13: So yes, So you could eat yourself to a point where you've stressed your body so much that it can cause a mind or heart attack and then cause and arrhythmia from that. So yes, And if you have you know, six ten ten monster energy drinks while having your turkey, you can also go into an unstable heart rhythm. But the interesting part is that the rate of heart attacks actually goes up on Thanksgiving Day, which is interesting because it's family drive you crazy. It is a big part of its Sorry mom, if you're listening, but like, yeah, family stress us up right right, which increases our cortisol, which increases all the other things and can cause spasm of the arteries to the heart and you know, lead to heart attacks sometimes. So it's this, it's the stress for one. It's also the massive you know meal that we have, which also strains our body. There's several things that can go into increase in heart attacks. But yes, family and stress is part of it.
Speaker 2: At alcohol, you got all sorts of problems in there. And is that typically what you see presenting the hor Thanksgiving day after?
Speaker 3: It's going to be art related issues initially.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So Thursday sometimes for friday's your your Black Friday incidents and those can vary how they look.
Speaker 3: But related injured or shopping related injuries.
Speaker 13: Yes, Okay, so you're gonna see a lot of things from Black Friday, but usually so Thursday you're going to see your early afternoon wave of your injuries. So like cooking injuries because a lot of people are getting into the kitchen that usually aren't there or trying to cook for four thousand people, and so they're less careful. Burns lacerations, yes, again, so burns we see more from oil frying, so be careful. I'd advise you probably not to oil frier. Turkey problem being that water hitting the oil creates big explosions sometimes, so you want your turkey to be really dry and free of ice, so completely thought and dry before putting on the oil.
Speaker 3: But overall, how do you make.
Speaker 2: Your turkey oven? Yeah, I just school may get a small one smoke at time to time.
Speaker 13: But yeah, yeah, the oil thing, I had it once and I was like, I mean, I guess the idea is cool, but it just doesn't taste any day.
Speaker 2: I because you know, if you want to do it and get a bunch of buddies together and then go in on the oil and the cooking. So because it's such a pain in the ass to just do it, and it takes like forty five minutes, you know it's done, but you got all oil left over and stuff.
Speaker 3: You know what, do you do it right? Make a couple of two three turkeys and you're good, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So there's that element too, and I think you know again it's Sanjay cherv Primani and studio this morning are our eur physician and health guy talking about how not to die in Thanksgiving, which is very important.
Speaker 3: Choke. You can see a lot of choking in the hour.
Speaker 2: Is it over by the time, Yeah, not too much, I think in your throat something.
Speaker 13: I mean, Fortunately, the turkey bones are pretty big, so we don't see too much of that. We do see again, Uh, knife injuries in the kitchen, that's a big thing on Thanksgiving Day. Mandolin slicers are my enemy because you can imagine with those things if you don't know what they are, they're multiple blades in a row, so they just cause these weird patterns of injury where you can't really bring the wound back together, so you're it's line after line or the fingertip just goes. So be careful with your mandolins, keep your knife sharp, you ale minimize.
Speaker 2: I've got one use al holder. Don't try to get all that potato.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we see potatoes stream all the time.
Speaker 13: It's always the potato because you glance off of it with your dull blades, So keep them, keep them sharp through it.
Speaker 3: One percent, one hundred percent. What about food poisoning.
Speaker 13: Big big, So we usually see the food poison income later on, at least, you know, a day or two afterwards. But it's not impossible. So that's a double negative. It's it's possible to get food poison on the day of. So you want to make sure you're cooking your turkey. That's going to be your biggest culprit. Cook it well. You want it to get a one hundred and sixty five degrees internally, so check that thing because there there's so variable because your birds so big. So if you're making a turkey, you know, get it to one sixty five. But then you know, you leave that bird out for a couple hours and bacteria starts growing inside of it too, So be careful even just letting it sit out on the counter for a couple hours and then going in for a little bit more. Yes, try to warm that up before you eat it again, because once you get down to like one hundred and forty degrees, that bacteria starts growing and gotcha gotcha, Okay, good, then that's important.
Speaker 3: Sides, you have to worry about that as much, less.
Speaker 13: So unless there's meats in them or creams. So dairy stuff will carry stuff, and that's that's going to be the food poisoning that hits you fast, so you'll know if you have that. But usually the food poisoning from you know, turkey and stuff, that's going to take a while to hate you. And so we usually see a bump over the weekend Saturday, Sunday, Monday of the food poisoning, both from delayed presentations, from eating the food on that day, or eating leftovers and not warming them up, or just leftovers gone bad.
Speaker 3: How long can that shellfish be out? The shrimp? The shrimp.
Speaker 13: It as long as there was refrigerated. Well, I would say probably, you know, a couple hours is what you're looking at.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's as you have to have an ice usually that goes pretty fast. But all right, do I know it's food poisoning not something else?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 13: It's it's oftentimes hard for us to know too. But usually food poisoning is going to have stuff coming up, both up and down. It may start with vomiting, but then you get it from the from the rear as well, so oftentimes that'll be it. But things to look out for would be stuff like fever, some abdominal pain, blood in your poop, and just overall not feeling good. But even food poisoning alone can throw us for a loop. So if you're feeling crappy and you think this is just food poisoning, but if you're still feeling bad, a lot of fluid. Little fluid can do a lot of good, So it's always worth it if you're feeling poorly to get checked out.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I mean you imagine it home, if you've realized that it's probably food poisoning because everyone else is coming down with it, it's like all you could do is hydrate and rest and.
Speaker 13: Point at the person who made that dish because they clearly.
Speaker 3: They killed you. Yeah this point too, so well with all the dishes. You don't know who is a culprit at that point, but it's true. Typically just blame the turkey. I always blame that.
Speaker 2: I blame that. It's always a chef's fault. So anyway, he is a Sonja Schevcrimani. He is a er physician. Also he's our fitness guy here and a health guy in the Scott Slane Show on seven hundred WLW Everything you need to know about Thanksgiving and how not to kill yourself. We kind of did this, I know with Halloween too, is like how do I prevent going to the er and kids running and you know, stuff like that. But this one's a little more complex because everyone's getting together. It's fascinating the stress element along with Thanksgiving, the food and the stress together. You see a lot of people with heart arrhythmia, sometimes heart attacks.
Speaker 13: Even we see the heart stuff and now you know, I don't know if the viruses have figured it out, but they're ramping up just in time for families to be close together in a tight environment. So I worked a shift yesterday for only seven hours and I saw at least fifteen people with like head colds. So it's coming around, and you know, it was everything. Were starting to see flu yet started to see a little bit of flu. Actually seeing a bigger spike in COVID recently. No one terribly sick sick from it, but certainly not feeling great. Uh So we're seeing just a kind of smattering of everything is COVID.
Speaker 2: Now that we're five years past this, are we say, is it's starting to be less severe, like less life threatening overall.
Speaker 13: Yes, I mean that first couple of years we were expecting patients not to make it a lot of the time. We're still seeing that on occasion, but yes, it's it's become milder as far as its presentation overall. But you know, if you're elderly, if you're you know, if your health immune system isn't very good, there's a good chance that it is gonna it could cause some serious problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're seeing RSV now too at the end of the health department. I'll probably have them on next week, could talk about this. That's a big one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: RSV is is big, especially young and old, especially patients with lung disease too. It can really cause asthma to be severe and cause you know, I saw a couple of cases last year of RSV causing respiratory failures. So yeah, it's another one to watch out for. Just you know, when it comes to food prep and being around your family, just make sure you're washing your hands often and being careful.
Speaker 2: All right, Sonja, good to see you man. Have a great Thanksgiving. Always appreciate coming on Thursdays the best. Enjoy about you too. I got a time out in and more to follow here at eleven oh six on the show on seven hundred ww He is a local polster, Kevin Burton. You hear about this is new numbers coming out, and again it's just some new numbers. But if you took it the aggregate, looked at the average here, it's pretty frightening if you're a Republican. Just how wonderwater the party is, particularly the president right now? Can you reverse course before midterms? That's the big question. We'll see what's inside the numbers. With Kevin just ahead on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage, will Joe Burrow play It's looking likely more likely than not at this point. We'll continue to follow that for you this morning on the Home of the Best Bengals Coverage seven hundred WWT Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Don't want to be in a Mafican idiot, Scott flowing back on seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 2: The last time Democrats on numbers as good was twenty seventeen, So what eight years ago go before they will up the Republicans in the twenty eighteen midterm got like what forty forty one seats in the House. And this is coming off news and latest polling here with President Trump becoming increasingly popular, unpipolar, I should say, his approval rating is dipping into the thirties right now. And you know, you look at the Democrats and then maybe the wind in their sail right now, but is it sustainable? And if you're a Republican too, how do you look at this and go, maybe this guy isn't falling, But at the same time, how do you reverse course before the midterms next year? On that's Kevin Burtney's a pollster with Crosstown Consulting right in northern Kentucky. His candidates went six for six on election Day Tuesday. Kevin, welcome back.
Speaker 14: Hause, life pretty good, Scott, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the pulling in again, it's one poll, but I'm looking at I tend to look at the aggregate polling and come up with an average of the averages fifty five percent of voters at elect a Democratic candidate right now compared to forty one percent it out for Republican And that's a generic ballot. Obviously, we'll get into why that's important or not important a second, but fourteen point lead right now. And we saw this last since November twenty seventeen in the mid term explosion by Democrats at this point. And this is despite the fact that Chuck Schumer, Senate minority leader, just shut the government down, a backfire on him terribly. But at the same time, even with that, they're moving forward here. Kevin Trump's job approval rating is I think twelve points underwater, twelve to fourteen depending on the poll of the job six and ten believe America is on the wrong track. Is that overcomeable in the next year?
Speaker 14: I mean Trump, I think we need to look that Trump's only won two elections when there were women on the ballot. Every other time he has lost. You know, Trump had the benefit of, frankly, being the backup quarterback.
Speaker 4: Where you're the most popular.
Speaker 14: Person in town, and when they when you get thrust it in into the spot, people realized why you were the backup. He's bleeding numbers.
Speaker 3: You're talking, I.
Speaker 14: Got it exactly, like yeah in Perio if that sounds great, And then you're like, oh, well, that's why he is bleeding support and independence.
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 14: Independents are breaking sixty one of them, twenty eight percent of Republicans. And we've talked about this before. Those are the people who decide the election. And then going back a year ago, Harrison only won the Hispanic vote by plus two. Donald Trump has dropped forty four points in the last year in the Hispanic community.
Speaker 4: Now, listen, we don't.
Speaker 14: Know how they're going to redraw all of these house districts because both sides are being idiot, So we don't know the total numbers that's going to get lost. But Americans see that prices aren't going down, period, and it's the economy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's it's always the economy, stupid, right, How accurate is that?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: You know I talked about generic bill to generic ball let, they're up fourteen points, okay, but versus actual outcomes, how predictive is plus fourteen plus twelve whatever? It is twelve months out from the twenty twenty six midterms.
Speaker 14: So it's always important to remember when you see the generic ballot, just how the maps are and everything Democrats has to be up about plus that then before it really makes a difference. So that's where you should always look at. You know, there's still a year away. Like, you know, if he passes out two thousand dollars checks, does that shrink it? Probably yes.
Speaker 4: But we're also going.
Speaker 14: To get into the holiday season, so I predict that his numbers are going to drop a little bit even more because people are going to be trying to pay for you know, Christmas, Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 14: Is that actually really quite Because in his first term, people loved what he did in the economy, hated what he did in foreign affairs. It's the exact opposite this time, right right.
Speaker 2: And I think Marjorie Taylor Green with his you know, the breakup between mom and dad, so to speak, and I think she scored some really good points with us and saying, listen, you know you're entertaining Saudi's and the White House, and you're on these trips abroad, and what about the economy. It's supposed to you know, make America great again and focus only on America, and you're not doing that. So even with core Trump supporters, that's starting to fall out, that's eating away and talking about this huge gap ortoe with a polling.
Speaker 14: You know, people see that everyone is suffering, and you know, I kind of did this yesterday. How many years do you think Steph Curry would have to play to match how much Elon Musk is worth.
Speaker 2: That's a really interesting question. Three hundred thousand years, eight and two hundred years, eight thousand years.
Speaker 14: I was close, so always put that into his perspective, that that's how rich. And you know, I think people are finally getting to the point like, look and like billionaires, that's fine, but now we're talking about trillionaires and we have people who can't afford bills and everything. At a certain point we need to turn around and look, right, you know, we're the greatest country in the world, and we have so many people living paycheck to headshacks. It's a systematic breakdown on all fronts. And you know we're giving forty billion dollars Argentina.
Speaker 3: Was that right, right? And I think it was core.
Speaker 2: Of course, A port is like looking at that, going, well, what about what about me? What about you know, all these things are going to do for me? And I see, you know, the tariffs and stuff, it's really not coming home. I mean, now we're subsidizing farmers, which is you know what we're we just shut the government down over which was more subsidy.
Speaker 3: I guess it's you know, if the subsidies.
Speaker 2: For someone on your team, it's not a subsidy somehow, Kevin Burton, the thirty three point Democratic advantage independent voters is not a gap, it's a chasm. I mean, it's a canyon. It's bottom of the Grand Canyon. Walk us through. What would cause independence to break this heart against the party. You mentioned the economy, but there's got to be more to it than that exactly.
Speaker 14: And then the whole immigration stance, you know, it turned out as a very favorable thing for Trump. I don't know any reasonable person who would be like, you know, if they were here illegally, they've come in a felony. Yeah, they need to get the heck out of the country. Everyone agrees on that. When you are taking kids who are seventeen years old who came here, I just in America. You're seeing this, and I don't know if you've seen what's happening in North Carolina. They had thirty thousand students walk out. And North Carolina is not California, it is not New York, it's not Illinois. So when you're starting to see swings to be like, hey, guys, come on, this is this is a little much between that factor and the economy. People are just tired. You know, we lived this eight years ago. That people are like, we just go listen, sweepy. Joe was sleepy for a reason. You know, he was born, he didn't do much. And it's the exact opposite of Trump, where every day, every day, uh, it's just something new.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Epstein files on top of that, fighting this whole thing and then coming out on saying fine, I saw it.
Speaker 3: I allegedly signed it yesterday.
Speaker 2: But you know, we're also skeptical, going, okay, well, how much redaction is going to occur here? And are you just going to cross up the names of Republicans and leave Democrats out hanging. Someone said that you don't want to go arrest Bill and Hillary. It's a little presumptuous at this point, considering that Bill wasn't even that that bubble wasn't the same bubble ligedly that was.
Speaker 14: Well, And the bigger thing I'm looking at at the Epstein is the break from the Republicans. The dam was breaking, and for you know, Donald Trump has had the pulse on the Republican Party for the last decade, decade and a half. When it came to the Epstein file, he was dead wrong.
Speaker 4: And is this.
Speaker 14: You know, is this the lame duck president to see that we're starting to see or is this a one off the Epstein file. They misplayed this so poorly that, you know, do they ever recover from this? And with the reaction and everything, you've already thowed the seeds of doubt into everyone. They needed to fire someone immediately when the public.
Speaker 4: Backlash happened right away. Yeah, I mean, it was.
Speaker 14: Clear to see that this wasn't going away. So you add in, you know, Epstein, the economy, the ice rays. I don't see a way coming back from it unless magically all the care iff money everyone starts getting two thousand dollars checks every month.
Speaker 2: Right right, But even then that's going to still cause people like me to cringe because that's supposed to be paying the deficit down. That was the important point of this thing. And isn't that just another subsidy? So if you're against the ACA subsidies, how could you be for this subsidy?
Speaker 3: And that's what it is.
Speaker 2: He's Kevin Burton Upholster with Crosstown Consulting in Cincinnati and northern Kentucky and talking about the disturbing numbers who are Republican. And this is just I don't think it's shocking, but I think the gap is shocking. That Trump is underwater significantly, his ratings in the thirties right now, but on a generic ballot, a Democrat would win handily right now if your Democrats be Republican. If you're talking about the party, Democrats are up fifty five right now, and that number continues to grow every week. And again I'm just looking at the aggregate's not the latest, and it's if you're a Republican, you must be concerned right now. And this is even with Chuck Schumer doing we did to shut the government down, and you know, even and you know, to be fair, it's I look at the alternative here, and I mean, look what's happened in New York City with Mondami and the move towards socialism because that party is struggling. They're talking about Hakeem Jefferies getting, you know, being shown the Dora because he is a you know, part of the establishment, and the new way for the left is progressivism and specifically socialism. And now you're having all these candidates that are going to try to repeat with MANDAMMI did across the country. That's not good for the establishment Democrats. Not like they don't have problems either.
Speaker 14: Well, and this is no different than what we saw fifteen years ago.
Speaker 4: With the Tea Party movement.
Speaker 14: You know, for what is it Newton's third law? For every action there's an equal for opposite reaction. And you're seeing this. You know, Nancy Pelosi has said that she's no longer running. Democrats are, and it's no different than what we saw with the Republicans. You know, they're tired of the status quo. They're not happy there, and that's why you're seeing all of these you know, Nazylo, the Dick Durbin all exiting. I mean, how King Jeffrey is getting a primary opponent now, I mean Chuck Shimmer would would any of us be shocked?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 14: The thing about Mandannie is he's one of one. I don't care who you are. He has Aura riz or whatever the kid can call it.
Speaker 4: The day.
Speaker 14: He is one of one. You know, it's like how Trump or Obama that like you you can't recreate it, you know, like you just sure you can't.
Speaker 3: But you had people who copy.
Speaker 2: I mean, how many people ran like, hey, you know, here's a picture of me with Trump and I'm a Trump conservative Magan. A lot of people ran in one office on that, and certainly they're pale in comparison to the genuine article. I think the same is probably true with Mandami, although he's just Mayor of New York right now. But you wonder in the next four to eight years, what happens if the political wins don't change.
Speaker 3: Is that fair?
Speaker 14: And I think we talked about the really early on when you asked me about AOC and I said, you know, if history repeats itself, we would have the most progressive president since FDR. And it's looking that way. Who the Democrats will nominate. You know, it's counterintuitive because everyone's like, well, they should run to the middle, they should run to the middle. That's exactly what we were saying about Republicans after the loss of Mitt Romney. But the one thing that Donald Trump has brought is if you can get your supporters out, it frankly doesn't matter about the other side. So if you can turn out your base, and we saw this with Mindannie, there's no other way. It's the easiest way to win an election. And that's the one thing Donald Trump has tapped into that He's shown kind of politics that it's not really crossing over, it's just getting every last person in the world who believes in you, and just getting them to the polls.
Speaker 2: Kevin Burton, pollster on the show this morning and talking about the startling poll if you're a Republican that Trump is underwater and the parties underwater for that matter, right now and headed towards midterms in less than a year, which politically is not much time at all. This could be the biggest win for Democrats since twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen. And it's to scare you if you are on the right or right leaning of the case. May be because it's starting to unravel here and the promises made have not been promises kept to this point on many things, and yet on others there's a lot of success there. It doesn't get the credit for. I think also, are we seeing a generational shift here with voters that the young people actually, I mean Madonmee got young people to turn out to vote. Now, New York City's outliers, not Cincinnati or Dayton or Louisville or Indianapolis. But nonetheless, I think you got to pay attention to this. I think it's also changed too that you know, I keep hearing about from conservatives about how it's the media's fault.
Speaker 3: The media, the media.
Speaker 2: The only people consuming media and are talking about ABC, NBCCBS and Fox largely are very very old people. And then old people love cable news. Younger voters don't care about any of that stuff. So say this is all in the media twisting things. The people who are voting are the people who got Mondanian office, and the young voters are talking about here are getting their news from social media and and very defsive and by the way, in partisan partisan influencers. So you know, that whole model is it's it's kind of tired to blame everything on the media.
Speaker 14: I legacy media honestly is kind of irrelevant. I mean it is because you say, to your point, it's one old people, sorry, old people, some one to watch yeh watch TV. Well, you're not going to change your mind. You've already made up your mind. Statistically speaking, if you have voted one way for the last seven elections, you're going to vote the same way when Donnie. Just like how Trump tapped into Twitter, he tapped in TikTok. And that's to be really fascinating to see because every election there's a new technology.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 14: Obama was the first to tap into YouTube, the first to tap into Facebook. Trump was the first to tappen to Twitter, TikTok. You know, it's gonna be really interesting to see this next election. Who goes quote unquote viral. Who can really get the the young vote, because you know, the young vote is always the promise of tomorrow that when you're trying to win an election, you think you know you're gonna get them. But it's also a fool's gold. You know, for every campaign that wins, there's two campaigns that.
Speaker 4: Bet everything on the young vote.
Speaker 14: Yep, So always be cautious about the young vote.
Speaker 2: Kevin Burton, Pollster, Crossdown Consulting. Always appreciate the fabulous insight in the nonpartisan look at what's behind the numbers here at the polling. Thanks again, brother, I have a great Thanksgiving. I appreciate you.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Scott, have a great one.
Speaker 2: Care can you reverse course here with this thing? I don't know these numbers are yeah, you go? Oh, I don't believe the polls, well, don't believe them to your own detriment. But clearly you got to focus on what you got elected on, and that is making America great again. Now attacking Venezuela for whatever reason, having the Saudi princes come in, I don't know why some of this other noise focus on. Focus on the economy. You know, you talked about the tariffs working and pretty clearly for all the majority of the people pulled anyway, it's not at this point. I think healthcare is another one you could really do something about, and you've neglected that for fifteen years. We'll see Sloaney seven hundred WW.
Speaker 10: It's Real Estate Time with Michelle Sloan, Remax time agent extraordinaire from Sloan sellshomes dot com. Now pay attention, then take notes. There might be a pop quiz at the end. On seven hundred W. L Jawadi Good.
Speaker 11: Morning, House things, Hey, good morning, it's almost afternoon.
Speaker 6: I'm ready for lunch.
Speaker 3: Nothing yet, buys you? Matt Locke, Oh shut up, jeez.
Speaker 11: Okay, this is the small talk portion of our program today.
Speaker 3: That's why I married her. Sharp as a cue ball.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is we did something we normally don't do and I hate doing it, but actually, this time, I don't know why, it felt so good to put our Christmas decorations up early. Normally where I want to respect Turkey and not do anything before the tur Birth of Thanksgiving, but I said, you know what, f itt uh, let's put our decorations up in the new house. And you know, I think maybe with all the turmoil in our lives and everyone's lives these days, and handwringing and concern about the future and what's going on, you know, there's comfort in the holidays. So hopefully you get comfort in the holidays. I know some people don't, but we do, and that's why we decided to go early on it.
Speaker 11: We did last weekend, I mean, two weeks before Thanksgiving, which is crazy. But at the same time, you know, Thanksgiving is late this year, at least it feels later than normal. I don't know, it's the same.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, I feel later. I guess.
Speaker 11: I don't know, no, but it's it's always nice because once we put the tree up, the lights stay on the entire season, so it's it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: I will say this.
Speaker 2: There is of all the inventions out there, little gimmicks and things like that that's in need of is has anyone successfully ever been able to put the angel or the star atop the tree in less than an hour to get it to the sit straight. It has been since the dawn of time, since the first Christmas tree was up, somebody's always tried to put the star on top, and it's always crooked. And you spend fifteen minutes trying to get that thing out here on the ladder or a chair, and you're gonna fall over, and then your spouse is turn it.
Speaker 3: To that light no more, your left, no the other way.
Speaker 2: And it just evolves into you know, you bought a new star for the top of the tree because.
Speaker 6: The other star would never sit right.
Speaker 2: Well, my angel, And what happened was we had the agel and I was trying to get that straight, and I've got mad and fired it across the room and I broke our So I just I'm probably going to hell for that, destroying an angel. But nonetheless, she had it coming, No she did not, she did. She decided to send a message and uh so you bought this star and that's kind of janky, and it's got like there's nothing that works to try to fix that thing that they put the you know, they've got the upside down ice cream cone on the angel's ass and it's supposed to sit there and it doesn't sit there. And then the star that ass that doesn't work either. Well, you know this is these are the things.
Speaker 6: Don't worry about.
Speaker 2: I guess it's just the thing everyone goes through it. It's like there's no easy way to get that thing straight up and down, Like, wow, that's perfect. It took me a good fifteen twenty minutes standing on the ladder to the point where the tay after my cat's hurt.
Speaker 6: That's the sad part.
Speaker 3: I'm used to being on ladders. You know, got a little step stool.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to reach up there, and I should have got my ladder, but it was at the shop.
Speaker 11: Like recording you because then you know, if something happened and you fell over on top of the tree.
Speaker 2: Throw a window, that would have been great, fantastic, awesome. My life is just what I need is more surgery. Yeah, but we're in the artificial tree phase of our I would we get the real tree. And it was always nice because we've bring the kids, and the kids are young, and they couldn't wait, and they get to help and saw the tree. You know, we do the whole Clark Griswolt thing and go to the farm up in Lebanon and get a get a tree up there. And it was awesome because they had the cocoa for the kids, and they give you an annual orn and popcorn, and you know, they had like, I don't know, a goat that we called it was a reindeer, but it was just a goat. And kids are stupid, so they don't know. Anyway, they're playing with the reindeer that's actually a goat. But I ain't gonna say nothing, so we go and go. And then finally they hit those tween and teenager years, and then everything was stupid.
Speaker 3: They didn't want to do all this stuff.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, why am I spending all this money and hauling them out to the out to the farm, and they have no interest. They didn't want to get out of the car, you know, so like, the hell with it, We're going home.
Speaker 3: I'm buying an artificial Christmas tree.
Speaker 11: Well, and then for in those teenage years, they nobody would ever help me put anything up. So I got to a point where I'm like, I mean, I want to put the darn ornaments on the tree anymore. It's like, and then I'm the only one that takes it down. You usually are in charge of the outdoor light display called Clark, and then I'll do the inside.
Speaker 6: But yeah, we it is.
Speaker 11: It does feel good to have the holiday lights on and it's been cold and dreary, and when the lights are on and it's glowing, it is it's kind of magical and it and it feels good when you come home and the lights have to be on because it's dark outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's there's a comfort to it, right. Even if that angel or the star is crooked, Yeah, I'll.
Speaker 6: Have to take it.
Speaker 2: I'll take a picture of our crooked star post. The angel angel top of the tree is just a weird thing. I mean, like the branch is upper skirt, it's like and then there's it just it's it's just I don't know why a star is much much better. Let's get into real estate related stuff, not holiday related stuff.
Speaker 4: Should you have.
Speaker 3: Christmas decorations up if you're trying to sell your house?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and no, so for pictures.
Speaker 11: I do try to keep it fairly generic because the pictures are going to possibly outlast the holiday season. And that's what's happening right now, because the market is slow and we have listings that are staying on the market for more than thirty days. And so if your pictures show the holidays even when this snow outside. So we had that brief little snowfall, and some people were putting their house on the market during that snow, so the photos showed snow. Well, that sort of dates your photos, and so it'll be fine obviously for the next couple months. But if you're if it takes longer to sell your home, you know, generic is better, and it just certainly when you are living your life in between showings because you're not going to have as many showings during the holidays. A lot of people take their home off the market, and frankly, I don't think that's the best idea because you can sell your home unless people know that it's there.
Speaker 6: So there are buyers out there that are serious. But if you are a seller, I.
Speaker 11: Would say, you know, keep the holiday decorations to a minimum. I have one listening that's been out there since October and they wanted to have you know, fall like pumpkins and stuff in their photos, and I said, nope, we can't do that because you know, we don't want to date the photos and show that it's been on the market longer than we like to think. But it's part of the process and generic is better, all.
Speaker 3: Right, fair enough?
Speaker 2: What about those who put religious artifacts and decorations up and the Jesus is the reason for the season, and you know, you may go and have I don't know, a live Nativity scene on your front lawn. Does that turn people away? And how do you navigate that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a conversation that we have. Is that not all people believe and when you are selling your home, it is a good idea to put away a lot of the religious artifacts. Now, my mom sold her home over the summer and she has she is the devoted Catholic that she is, and she has crosses and.
Speaker 3: Massive every day Rosary, four times.
Speaker 6: A day, constantly, and it's.
Speaker 3: Living room.
Speaker 6: They did not.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 11: I said, Mom, I love you, I know that that's important to you, but it's not important to everybody. You need to go ahead and put those in a box. And she said, I'm not going to do it. If they don't like it too bad, I'm like, okay, well, it is ultimately your decision, but I feel like it's always best. If you want to leave a couple of items out, fine, but you want to neutralize your home, just like you know, you don't want a ton of holiday decorations now. If you're gonna right now, you've got kids, your home is on the market, you have to sell. You're going to put a tree up or something like that, that's okay, it's okay, Just don't have it in the pictures if you can avoid it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So no giant crucifix in the living room. I would not recommend that. Just an important safety tip there if you're trying to sell. So yeah, so what is uh safety?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: What else you got?
Speaker 11: Well, you know, this time of year, most people are thinking, well, I can't buy my house now because I can't get a real inspection. And so talking about home inspections during the cold winter months is the topic that I find quite fascinating because there are some things that an inspector is not going to be able to see. Let's say there is snow on your roof, well, they're not going to be able to like blow the snow off the roof to check it, but they can go up to see the attic. They can see some things that you don't have to see from the outside of the home. So the cold weather actually helps inspectors find problems like drafts and air leaks, insulation problems, heating system, frozen or slow drains, which that's obviously something you're never going to see in the summertime. Window seal failures, ice damming in the roof edges, if you've got too little or too much insulation. Those kinds of things you can really see during the winter months. So that's a good thing. Did I say the AC You can't test your air efficiency.
Speaker 4: That way?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can't do that. You'll bust it up. Yeah no, I don't. Just you just can't do it.
Speaker 3: Snow what happens.
Speaker 2: You can't do it because snow will come out of your ducks and that's not good.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's very true.
Speaker 11: I think you're making that up. See I can call out your bs anyway.
Speaker 2: No testing the AC below a certain temperature, so you can't do that. But I okay, But there's other things you can do.
Speaker 11: Oh absolutely, again, you know the other this is an interesting statistic or fact. Radon tests are more accurate in winter than they are in the summer.
Speaker 6: What about that.
Speaker 11: That's interesting because everything's kind of closed up, so you're you know, you don't have your windows open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that if you've got pumbing problemly, plumbing problems, they show up in the winter.
Speaker 3: That's for sure.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 11: And if you have you know, if your drains are slow or you have slow water coming out of the faucets and stuff, that could mean that you have some frozen pipes along the way. That's definitely something. Winter can also expose pest issues.
Speaker 2: Well, let's focus on the plumbing for a second, because you know what Friday is. It's not Black Friday, it's brown Friday.
Speaker 3: Did you know that.
Speaker 6: After you've eaten all the food? All right?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's plumbing calls.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: Plumbers make a fortune on the weekend after just beeaking. Well, you got to think about it, you know, especially have one bathroom in your place maybe and you've got a lot of people there, and it's constant, constant, constant, and there's a lot of paper and things going down there and maybe kids to throw things down there they shouldn't. And of course your plumbing system and you may not know because you use it occasionally not as frequently, and when you get that high use thing going on there, it tends to club. There's a lot of paper and stuff down there. And so yeah, because there's just so many people using.
Speaker 3: It, Okay, that's good time, just FYI.
Speaker 2: So you know, maybe go in shifts or be a little more conservative, hand out one square when they go in and say this is all you get.
Speaker 3: I don't know, don't use the whole role.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Or my nephew who goes in AND's.
Speaker 2: Like three days, like I'll see if he's still he's just getting our bathroom now. He was there since I think labor day. So I don't know what he's doing in there.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know what he's doing in there.
Speaker 6: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: All right, see, uh remember one time he missed like the entire first half of the football game.
Speaker 3: It's like, are you okay? Yeah, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: Just takes me a while, okay, all right, whatever. So more than you look at that, Yeah, it's just it's brown fry plumbers kind of joke about it, but there's a lot of truth to it, a lot of service calls because of clock and all of that. It's also you know, people putting stuff down drains they shouldn't. If you have a disposal at your home and you're used to it and Aunt Sally's I'll do the dish. No, you've put all this cooking. It was delicious, honey, you go watch the football, I'll clean up. And Aunt Sally doesn't have a disposal, or she has a disposal that you don't and she's cramming, you know, pieces of turkey fat down the sink. You're gonna have a problem there. Same thing too with the grease, and there are people who still don't understand you can't put grease down a drain because it causes clogs and backups and you have that as well. So yeah, it's a busy day for plumbers for sure.
Speaker 11: That's actually the grease tip is huge because I have seen the results of someone who has been putting grease down there drain for years and so you think, well, I'm going to turn the hot water on and the grease will go down and it'll just keep going and it will be a liquid forever. But it's not because at a certain point in the line, it gets cold and that grease will solidify and after years and years, that's it. It can be a very very expensive I saw one one property that we did an inspection and the clog from the grease was so significant it was halfway out there lawn, you know where by the time it got to that point where it solidified, and it was a very expensive lesson, no question for the homeowners. And they're like, well, we've never had a problem. I'm like, yeah, you don't have a problem until you do.
Speaker 3: It's a while for that.
Speaker 2: To you know, a little bit at a time, and you know, it's not a commercial kitchen, so it builds. So what happens is like anything you think of that pipe, it goes down and where's it go It goes straight down and that goes I don't know, I'll go through my foundation said, right, it's underground where it's cold, and at some point that that warm turns to cold and there'll be a No matter how much they sloped pipe, there's always gonna be a little low spot, a little valley in there somewhere. And then if you have a break because it's older even more so, but there's gonna be a spot where it stops and Clyde, it's good, and then it starts to build up and it's like your arteries, like eventually it becomes where you've got to call the surgeon and in this case the plumber. And whether it's I don't know, a bypass or bypassing your your your drain stack, it's it's expensive and it's a lot of pain. So anyway, my wife Michelle Sloan here from sloan sellslones dot com. The open house show that airs on the iHeartRadio app. You can hear that there and the YouTube too as well, and the video version of it as well. She has guests and stuff like that. Anyway, she's over at the Remax time in Mainville, and happy holidays. Be forewarned about what you put down your sink and plumbing, and be careful putting that star arrangel in the tree. Somebody needs to come up with a better way to do love. You gotta go, I gotta go. Willy's on the way next and he has I think he's got is. I thought I saw what he had on to I know he's gonna get a little bit in the CBD stuff as well, and the polling numbers I was talking early about with the Republicans and Trump. I don't know how concerning that is for the Great American, but I'm sure he'll address that at some point after news here on the home and the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred WWE, Cincinnati