Speaker 1: All right, it is the mojo in the morning show. So this weekend I pretty much did nothing but watch lots of television. I was sitting in front of my TV for a long period of time watching lots of basketball. I had like so many games on that it was ridiculous. I don't know what it is, but I think that the first weekend of the NCAA, like March Madness Tournament, is every guy's dream that you can turn on four networks, I think three or four networks and you can pretty much watch television. Like the only thing I needed to figure out was what was true TV. Like, I had to like find out like where the hell it was on my television or streaming service, because I was using my streaming service on this one. And then I started realizing I really wasn't spending any time with Chelsea. And I don't know if you feel like this ever, Shannon. When you know Wes is involved in something that is kind of like guyy.
Speaker 2: You kind of feel like either one of two things.
Speaker 1: In the beginning, you feel like us is great, He's not going to bother me for a while, and then after a while you're like, well what about me?
Speaker 2: And you start feeling kind of lonely, right, This is very accurate.
Speaker 1: So I started then thinking I better get more involved with Chelsea or it's going to be bad, because you know she's going to pretty much say that all I did was watch my television over the weekend, So now I got to watch her television. So I went into the other room and she was binge watching Love Is Blind? Have you guys watched that show at all? I'm familiar with it, but I haven't watched an episode, so I have never watched it, but I've heard of it, and I didn't even know what it was about, Like, I had no clue that these people don't see each other at all, and then they pretty much start a relationship in two separate rooms by just talking through the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're in the pods. You watched it, Chin, Yeah, I'm not watching. I haven't watched the most recent season.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so how many seasons have there been at this show? Because now I'm trying to figure out how many seasons?
Speaker 2: There's like thirteen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, there's that many.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was going to say like five.
Speaker 2: Me too from Detroit won the first one though.
Speaker 5: Lauren the Success Stories, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Has it been in Detroit, like Detroit was one of their cities, or she was just a she might have moved she's from Detroit.
Speaker 5: The last one was the closest one. It was in Ohio. I think.
Speaker 1: By the way, when they say you say win, uh, do you really win? Don't you just get matched up and you get a wedding? Yeah, that's okay, that's the prize. Okay, But I mean anybody can win the damn thing, right, I mean pretty much, you just got to be selected. So this is something that I thought was interesting. I think it could make an interesting topic. What's off limits when you're dating somebody in the show you're not supposed to or at least Chelsea had told me this. Like the person one of the people go said something, you know, oh you're Asian, And Chelsea goes, oh, you're not supposed to say.
Speaker 2: That, you know.
Speaker 1: And I said to like, what do you mean you're not supposed to say that? She goes, well, you're not supposed to when you're in your pods, ask the question of like what's your race or you know, you know what, tell me a little bit more about yourself, like where you're from, your background, so to speak. And I said to her, I go, why would that be an awf limits thing? I think that there are so many people that I know that want to marry within either their race or religion or whatever it might be. Like, there's certain people that are like, hey, you know, like in Lydia and Bianca and stuff, they're Kaldean. They they kind of tend to want to marry somebody who's Caldean, right, girls, I mean, I yes, it's very true.
Speaker 5: They're not show me as much anymore, but I'll still take it from.
Speaker 2: You though you got ruined by the Kaldian guys.
Speaker 3: No, I just feel like they're too much for me now.
Speaker 5: I kind of like the white boys you do.
Speaker 1: Oh so, if you were in the room in one of those pods and you're up against somebody, would you say, are you a white boy?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Purpose of this show is to not understand what they look like, and sometimes if you ask questions around that, you can deduce is that the.
Speaker 1: Purpose the purpose of what the purpose of the show is to judge it based on their their voice.
Speaker 6: Everything, personality, literally everything, accepting who they are, who they are, not what they are, but isn't who the isn't who they are, like what absolutely your genetic makeup can have a huge impact on your experiences, your perspective, how you view the world. You can talk about your cultural practices, though you could say I love going to church, I love doing this.
Speaker 5: You just aren't what.
Speaker 2: Kind of church do you go to? Like do you ask that question?
Speaker 5: I mean you probably could, like do.
Speaker 1: They stand up on they put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care.
Speaker 2: It's not like a game at this point.
Speaker 3: It's like, are others show that everybody's talking about right now? And I want to start watching? It's on Netflix, Age of Attraction And you're not allowed to ask how old they are?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Aw, you're not allowed to ask how old they are?
Speaker 2: Is that so real?
Speaker 4: So you're face to face, but.
Speaker 3: Apparently it's like mind blowing when you actually find.
Speaker 6: Out, they are shocked, Like there was this guy that just got matched up with this girl.
Speaker 5: She was twenty two and I want to say he was sixty?
Speaker 2: Yeah that on Twitter?
Speaker 1: Well he look, you could say that guy home to your dad and what he can tell he was sixty?
Speaker 2: You can't tell you.
Speaker 6: Maybe he was like high forty fifties. But like Wow, blacktone crack.
Speaker 2: That's true unless you're smoky. So what'd you saying?
Speaker 1: No, exzema, exema exitment. You know, Kevin, I dated a girl from the south side of town. Her name was Ezema.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so here's my question. What are things that somebody asked you when you were on a date that would be considered to be an off limits type of a thing, Like what type of things that where you asked, Like, I I've got some what I think are off limits things, and then I've got some fair game things. Okay, Like I think off limits race ethnicity is probably one of the things that they say you don't want to show bias.
Speaker 2: Off limits.
Speaker 3: So if I'm on a date with somebody, I'm not allowed to ask them what they're race.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's probably.
Speaker 1: I think that you have to ask in a way of saying, so tell me what your background is, or tell me what you're fa you know.
Speaker 3: Oh well yeah, but I think that's definitely a question that's important. Yeah, well, just to get to know somebody like I.
Speaker 1: But I know that there are certain times like like what if you're going out with somebody in there, they might have a little bit of a mix. Would you ask them tell me, you know, like your parents, tell me about your parents in hopes that they're going to say, well, my mom is black and my dad is you know, white.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: The only time I would ask that is if I preface it by saying, like, you are so gorgeously you are beautiful, Like what are you?
Speaker 2: What do you what do you mix it?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: Where is maybe something like that? Yeah, that's well, that's a good way to ask it. Income and salary? Are you dating them for a paycheck?
Speaker 4: You that's a that's a big no.
Speaker 6: I'm not concerned about salary, for the record, It's more about ambition.
Speaker 2: How about how about weight or body structure?
Speaker 1: N you can tell it, but you see that, but you don't want to ask them how much they weigh?
Speaker 4: Who would ever ask?
Speaker 2: Because yeah, I mean it could.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter because even if you're sitting at the day, the girdle or the.
Speaker 3: Hide all the weight, but and also muscle weighs more than fat. You could weigh a lot, but you're like ripped.
Speaker 7: Nobody's asking the muscular person how much they weigh. I guarantee, Shannon, this.
Speaker 1: Is one well, this is one that Shannon would not be good with because you have talked about this before in the show Sexual History.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that that's a that's a good to talk about in the first.
Speaker 2: Date, although I think it's viable.
Speaker 4: I disagree.
Speaker 2: But have you ever asked that question?
Speaker 1: I have never asked that question of of anybody. But I would also say this that I have been asked. Chelsea asked me when we first got together how many people I've been with? Because I told her that I had a time in my life that was not good.
Speaker 2: Were you honest? I was. I actually did the count and started started the count in the first.
Speaker 4: Couple of dates.
Speaker 9: I think you did.
Speaker 1: You asked that, Uh, it was actually probably within the first couple of months of us dating each other.
Speaker 6: You're planning on baking cookies with them. I believe that you could ask that anytime, even if it was the first date, because I need to know, like when was your last sexual partner, because.
Speaker 4: So like obviously you know.
Speaker 3: Although update to the story, I actually now know West's number, but he we didn't talk about that, but he like showed me his Oh okay, what do you call it report? Yes, which I at first was like, this is so weird, but I appreciated it.
Speaker 2: Was that all huh, No, we.
Speaker 4: Had been we had been dating.
Speaker 3: Everything was very slow with us, Channing.
Speaker 2: Were you surprised by his number?
Speaker 3: I was surprised at how low it was because in my head, because of how he acted, I thought that it was really hot, really high.
Speaker 4: And it's not.
Speaker 1: If they show you their clean record, clean bill of health, do you have to go out and get your clean bill of health to show them?
Speaker 2: Like did you like did that come up at all? Like?
Speaker 1: All right, Channon, I showed you mine, Now go get yours? Or how did you do? How did you guys do that?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 3: I yeah, I mean yes, but I I do that anyway anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, you see to.
Speaker 1: My chart one one, last one, last one that's off limits family trauma.
Speaker 2: See, I'm going straight for the trump see.
Speaker 4: And I agree that's not off limits.
Speaker 2: I love trauma.
Speaker 4: I think that's that's on limits.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's within the limits.
Speaker 7: Yes, And I think that's a huge problem with mine, Like I get to I guess people's core or heart extremely quickly, and I think because I'm so vulnerable or upfront with like things that are going on, like I want to know that party, because to me, that's the realist part.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the real Are these fair game? Religion and politics?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Religion, yes, politics, God, it affects that.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk politics with you when I first meet you there.
Speaker 7: Let me know who you are, and hopefully it's at a place where we don't get up and walk away from the table. Like I never wanted to get to that point, but like, let'spes, I.
Speaker 3: Also don't want to ever be with somebody that that's like, you know, those people that just like want to nitpick and only talk politics.
Speaker 4: That would be such a huge turn.
Speaker 2: Off me about kids or wanting kids.
Speaker 1: Got to know it. It depends on why am I here? Because not everybody's out for a relationship. Not everybody's out here trying to find their husband or wife or whatever. So if that doesn't come up, that doesn't strike me as odd. Past marriages slash divorces, Yes, so ask who asked for the divorce or who you know was the the person that you know? Like why were you guys divorced?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or how about this? How much money did you get in the divorce?
Speaker 2: Now? Vicky are you there? Vicky? Yes, I am.
Speaker 1: I love these dating shows. I'm good by the way, if Chelsea and I did the dating show where you had to look at the pods, we would never be together because she would find me so uninteresting, like she married you for your looks. I think she would have been in the pod. She would have been in the going Can you bring in the next guy? Waiting for him to come in? What are your off limits things?
Speaker 2: They're VICKI.
Speaker 5: I think there's three numbers you don't ask well.
Speaker 4: I used to say, like you don't ask a woman, but it can go both.
Speaker 10: You know, either gender.
Speaker 7: You don't ask age, weight or body count, especially on a first date.
Speaker 1: Age, weight or body count? Which one to you would be the most embarrassing one if you had to answer.
Speaker 2: You don't ask someone to see higher than her age? Come on, I want to know. Age would be fine? Okay? Weight and body count? Where would you rank the next one?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not iky?
Speaker 1: Not for me?
Speaker 2: It would be waight body count? Age? Age is free for all?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: You know somebody's what Why do you need to know somebody's wait?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: Is there sitting right across from you?
Speaker 1: I always love when I tell somebody my weight and they go are you really like the like I used to win the carnival at Saint Mary's. What's going on?
Speaker 8: Noah?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Hey, Mojo, I'm big?
Speaker 2: You know what's going on?
Speaker 9: Uh? So I texted in So I went on a first date, and I think that this is the one instance, or there's two instances you could asked about, like sexual history, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: One is if you're the you know the intention is just to hook up. Well, I guess that's the time you would ask. But I was on the first date with the intention like this is going to be something serious, and you know, she was cool, but then like halfway through, she just hit me with, uh, what's the craziest thing you've done in bed?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 9: I was like, oh my god, Like one one in one head, I was disappointed and the other I was excited. I knew I was gonna say home that night like.
Speaker 1: It if a girliest then you've done in bed and you say, missionary, will she still stay with you.
Speaker 2: If she's a teacher?
Speaker 8: No? Probably not.
Speaker 2: Did you ask her that question?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: She just she was willingly about to answer her own question. She proceeded to say, well, it sounded like she was about to tell me about a threesomes she had with two guys in college, and I just cut her off. I was like, you can't tell me that right now, Like did.
Speaker 2: You sleep with her?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Would you be okay if a girl told you that she had multiple threesomes or more than a threesome, had a foursome, fivesome.
Speaker 9: If the relationship was purely physical, yeah, I mean, what is the matter at the end of the day. But if it was something I would, you know, looking at like a serious relationship, you know, I don't think that's somebody you could really potentially trust unless.
Speaker 1: You're also like that, what if she told you that and also told you she was Republican?
Speaker 2: I mean, at that same time, there's no way, no way.
Speaker 1: You've had five people in a room and you're uh, were they all wearing red ties?
Speaker 2: And Maddie make the what's off? Seventy?
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, trying to say my boyfriend. On our first date, we bonded over family trauma, so I think that's definitely okay, And we also talked about politics. The only reason we didn't talk about our health history was because he's going to be a doctor and I'm also going to be a doctor, So we assumed that we would be safe and clean.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, just because you guys are both going to be doctors, you assume that you guys didn't have the ear cheese and scratchies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we thought that we would not be dumb.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. That's to me. I would I would sit there and uh not, I wouldn't. I don't know if I trust that based on what they do. But still I didn't least know that you knew which medication to take?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Cars?
Speaker 3: What do you mean are you allowed to ask somebody what kind of car they drive?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I say that because West told me when he was dating, like before night, before he and I started dating, that that was the reason that somebody didn't they didn't go out.
Speaker 2: With him again.
Speaker 4: She actually was.
Speaker 3: She saw the car that he was getting into. It was he's gonna I can't remember. It was like it was something very It was like a Nissan Ultimorrow, Honda CIV. It was like whatever car, like a very normal Sedan. And she was like, I can't, I can't date somebody who drives whatever it was.
Speaker 2: She's driving a JAP car. I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Gosh, you can't say that.
Speaker 1: That's what the American car company guys say all that, that's what the races say. They get mad. I a Toyota Toyota and got yelled at by somebody for driving.
Speaker 2: I'm telling I think a quote. I think people.
Speaker 7: I think some people try to utilize your car as an example of how much money you have, and that's their way of getting around.
Speaker 2: By Samuel's salary right across from you.
Speaker 3: And I didn't see you drive up, and I said, what kind of car do you drive? To me, that's such like a that's not a good question.
Speaker 1: What if you what if the guy pulled you, just take the next collar, just take the next collar driver's license because he lost a Shannon I had.
Speaker 3: I dated a guy that didn't have a license. I had to drive him everywhere. No, he didn't have a car. And Amanda, I just saw you.
Speaker 11: Guys are killing me today like all around Mojo from morning so now. But I just don't understand how you would date somebody and not know their age would just be mind blowing to me. Body count like I would feel like you would have to because it would just bother me. But Waite is just like, that's mind boggling that you have to know someone's wait to date them, especially when you're looking.
Speaker 2: At them exactly a ball.
Speaker 1: Well like what what if what if you had to get on a ride at sea pointator.
Speaker 10: Possible experienced that I'm not I need a bigger guy. And when we first started dating, I swear to god, we went to Hallowekends and we waited in like a three hour line for the dragster and they shut it down right before we started, so we had to wait another hour, and then we finally got to go right and he didn't sit and I was like, okay, so where do we got off the rag with him? And we wasted four hours. He was too embarrassed and I felt bad. So we didn't even go wait in any other lines. We just honestly like went to the haunted houses.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I mean I knew he was a bigger.
Speaker 1: Guy, so that happened to me. And then how about this one We went away one time in one of those flights that you go on that's like one of those regional jets, asked everybody to write down what their weights were absolutely absolutely and if you lie the plane crashes.
Speaker 10: I feel like.
Speaker 6: It's right.
Speaker 5: Don't let on the plane.
Speaker 4: Did you lie or did you tell me?
Speaker 2: They put me in Row fifteen, right in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do that if you ever go go in one of those little smaller planes.
Speaker 2: All right,