Speaker 1: Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: Phone numbers eight four to forur Mojoe Live, text is ninety five five zero zero. If you relate to whatever we're talking about, or you got to comment on a War of the Roses second date update, anything that we do on the show. You can always text call me and Lydia will call you. So this story, when you told us the story in our pre show meeting, it was funny because you were like, wait a second, this is kind of a backhanded at me, what's the full story?
Speaker 1: Show?
Speaker 3: Well, so I ran into a woman that I haven't seen in a while, and so we were just catching up on life and kids and work, you know, all the things. And the last time I saw her, I knew she was going through a divorce. And so now that divorce has been finalized, she said, for about eighteen months, and.
Speaker 4: She's dating somebody new.
Speaker 3: She's been dating him since the holiday, so like a month and a half, two months, and she's like, and we are getting married.
Speaker 4: We are in love.
Speaker 3: We just know he loves my kids. We are getting married.
Speaker 4: And she's like, ecuse me, She's like, everybody thinks.
Speaker 3: That I'm crazy because he's the first guy that i've dated post divorce, and she's like, do you think that I'm crazy? And I said, wow, as a matter of fact, that was me too. Wes was my first and last day after I got divorced, and everyone thought that I was crazy for not dating more before settling down and getting married again for the second time. So I just know that a lot of people have so many thoughts on this, and I also want to find somebody like, is there anybody listening who has only ever dated the person they're married to?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Why did you only go one to day with Wes?
Speaker 4: Well, I Mojo can attest to this.
Speaker 3: It took me a really long time to even be in a space of wanting to date in general. And even when I started dating Wes, I was very forthcoming to him of I don't even know if I'm ready to be doing this yet.
Speaker 4: But then I think when you, I mean, I dated.
Speaker 3: A lot before I got married for the first time, and then, you know, you, I just feel like at a certain age and also having done it one time already, you know you know what you're looking for. You know when you meet somebody like you know that this is this is going to be a good fit, This is a great person. This is a person I want to spend the rest of my life with. Why would I risk going? Yeah, I'm just going to keep going when I found you.
Speaker 5: So maybe there maybe there's a middle ground where the two opposite ends meet and that's the answer. But were you ready to date or was Wes the right person to date? What made him the first person?
Speaker 4: I go back on what I said. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't even know that I was ready to date when I started dating Wes, and I told him that, I'm like, I am still in this weird space of like, am I ready?
Speaker 4: Am I not ready? I don't even really know.
Speaker 3: But we went out for coffee and I was like, wait, I really enjoyed myself. I had We had a great conversation with a lot of things in common, a lot of mutual values, and I'm like, I like him.
Speaker 4: I like him.
Speaker 3: I want to see where this goes. So it was like healing and trying to figure out if I wanted to even date as I was dating, and he was aware of that.
Speaker 2: You had a lot of picking up the pieces too, Like I think that when you got divorced, that was that was a tough tough thing for you. And so I think that you also didn't want to bring somebody else into it. And it seemed like because I remember asking you questions. I remember asking you questions like are you going to get out there and date?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Because she did take them along. How many years after the.
Speaker 2: Divorce, I mean it was more than two, yeah, and it was like she was like, I'm not ready for another person, let alone for just me, you know what I mean, Like she's trying to do it. But I it's interesting you bring this up in both this person that you met or saw in yourself second marriages.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many times that does happen because I hear a lot of times because of similar situations with friends who are just getting divorced or have been divorced.
Speaker 1: They don't want to go.
Speaker 2: Back out into the dating world, but they want companionship. They don't want to be alone. They want to have somebody that can share things with. And I wonder sometimes if you treat it differently, because not that you're settling, because nobody's going to settle, and if you settle, you'll figure out that you settled, like that will come out right away. But I wonder if It's kind of like you find somebody and you're like, oh my god, this person's actually nice and normal and great and whatever the deal is, and it's like, you know what, I'm willing to do this. Let's get married because her you said hers was fast, wasn't it? Because she just got divorced.
Speaker 3: She's been divorced officially for eighteen months, okay, she said, And she's like everybody thinks I'm nuts.
Speaker 1: Do you think she's only dated him for how long? Though?
Speaker 4: Since Christmas?
Speaker 2: So they've only dated for a couple of months yesterday, so her first date, and she's like ready to go. How soon after you and West started dating, did you guys even talk marriage?
Speaker 4: God, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was longer than that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh god?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you know, and if Wes we're here right now, I think we would both say we probably got married too soon, Like we we knew that we wanted to get married. But I think we we actually like got married too soon. I don't know, I'm just like a lot of different reasons. I still think that we had a lot of things to work out and figure out about each other and blending families under the same roof, And I think we've done a decent job. It hasn't been perfect, but that's like a really, really, really big deal. Yeah, and I think we probably could have taken more time with our kids getting to know each other and us getting to know each other and us getting to know each other's kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Reagan, Hello, Hi, what's happening?
Speaker 6: Not much? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? What's going on?
Speaker 6: I get how you steal Shannon. I was with my person that I went to high school with. We were in a relationship for eight years and we got married, and then six months after we got married, we split up and I met my husband now four months after my divorce and we have been together since then. He was the first person that I dated, and we also got pregnant three months into our relations.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, could you imagine that you.
Speaker 4: Feel the judgment like this this girl did? And I guess like I kind of did.
Speaker 3: Marrying the first person that you go out on a date with after.
Speaker 1: Your divorce.
Speaker 6: Both like one hundred percent. And he also had a child from his previous relationship as well, so people were like, you're so crazy jumping in and becoming a stepmom and having his child, and I'm like, guys, just don't know. I totally feel like once you've been married and then you you meet your actual person, there's a very different love that you have for sure that you realized wasn't there the first round.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the question for you, Reagan, after you got divorced, did you ever think you would marry again?
Speaker 6: No? I definitely didn't. And he proposed fairly quick. He proposed to me when our son was born. So we got we were engaged nine months. And how did y'all meet Tinder?
Speaker 5: Okay, so were you looking for a date or were you looking for a night out?
Speaker 6: Honestly, just looking for a night out. And we both told each other that interesting.
Speaker 1: It's uh, my first.
Speaker 6: Time on Tinder and the first one I matched with it went out on a date.
Speaker 2: The rest of It's interesting to hear second marriages and how they came about, because a lot of times the second marriages, you'll hear somebody say, I never thought I was going to date again. I was not into wanting to get married ever again, And all of a sudden and it's like, you go for it, So Lexie, what's up?
Speaker 1: It's moje on the morning. Hi, Hi guys, good morning.
Speaker 7: It's more common than maybe Shannon you think, because I also did first person I dated. I ended up just getting married to him last week.
Speaker 4: Really relations yup, so thank you.
Speaker 7: And I met him through my brother. He was actually my brother's friend, and I also was not looking to date at all, So I think it is more common. And like the last caller said, second marriages, I feel like you just kind of know what you're looking for.
Speaker 1: How long? How long were you dating him before you, guys got married? A little over a year?
Speaker 2: Is it like second marriage is like your second house or second car. You knew everything that the other thing had that you hated and some things that you actually liked. So you kind of knew specifically what you were going to look for, and then when you found it, you're like, this is the one. I think I'm going to put an offer in. That's what That's what it kind of sounds like when I hear this story. Yeah, yeah, that's good. That's nice. Nice to know, and I'm happy that you're by the way, she's talking about as a listener, not as the marriage part. So but Lexie, we love you, thanks for listening.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks, Bye, guys, Bye bye.
Speaker 2: I love when we bring something up on the air and the actual exact person that has that same sage situation that Shannon's talking about with this other person that she met and her and what comes in and we got two calls. We're two for two with the exact same you know, situations, because it makes you know how relatable the stuff that we are all living in our lives is living out there with our listeners through the speakers. What's up, Amanda, Hi, Good morning everyone, Good morning. This one is not a divorce, though, this was what happened.
Speaker 8: Okay. So I was married for nineteen years and then my husband passed away unexpectedly. So I was about eight nine years ago, and then I had three children. I had a son and two daughters. And then unexpectedly, like a couple of years later, while I was at work, I met a gentleman who was pretty new because I was there for a long time, and it just he asked me out on a date. I was unsure at first, so I told him no, and then I called him like a couple of days later, asked him on a date. He said yeah, because at this point I already knew obviously he was interested, so I was like, you know what, I might as well just give it a whirl. So I did and we have been together ever since. Months later, three weeks, three months, three months later to Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So hey, Amanda, I gotta ask you some questions, because first off, I'm I'm sorry to hear about the the your husband passing away, and that's gotta be horrible unless you murdered him and then you're happy about it, right, But no, but I.
Speaker 1: Gotta ask I gotta ask you a quick question.
Speaker 2: Sure, did you feel like you were cheating on your husband that died when you started dating again?
Speaker 5: What I did?
Speaker 8: For a split second, I did. But I do believe in God, and I do believe people are put put in your position or your path for a reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think your husband? Do you think your husband had something to do with you guys meeting?
Speaker 8: You know what you did, And that would be a whole other topic, but that's sweet. Yeah. Yeah, I actually had a dream he came into my dream, and I was like begging, I was praying, like, let him come in my dream when I'm coming to my dream. Finally he did, and he actually came into my husband, my new husband's dream first and then came into my more.
Speaker 4: And gave his blessing for you to be with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, wait wait, so how did you How did the new man know that the man that came in his dreams was your ex husband?
Speaker 8: So it didn't happen right away, so he didn't before he engaged me. So it was probably like two months, and I've already had this conversation because I was very leary at first just bringing another man into my house with my kids period to let alone or Jesus went through all this, you know, and I didn't wait it was I would I would have probably waited either longer, to be honest, but it just happened this way, you know, So I just kind of went with it. But yeah, I mean, he already knew the situation, and I had already told them, you know, like these are my pride and my joy, these are my children, I you know, So it just he already knew kind of a little bit about it. So it just love.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: I love that that you you found love and that your your first love is still there with you guys, but also you know, loving that you are happy now much because if I die I want Chelsea to be miserable after I die and never date ever again.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to huh, I'm.
Speaker 8: Not gonna If I die.
Speaker 1: I want her to be celibate for the rest of your life. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. I mean, I mean, I'm so happy for you. You brought a smile to all our faces today when you told us that story.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: A wonderful good stories, good good stories. I know, switch up, like why you Why are you also a guy who's got so much spiritual love? Why are you doubtful that the man the man you're like doubtful?
Speaker 1: How do we know always?
Speaker 5: I'm not that's not interesting to you that the new guy had a dream about it and his husband, But you sounded like you were that.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to know how he knew it was the husband. These pictures of him trying to understand.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: I can't ask the question that's b asked. I'm just asking a question.