Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the Morning Show. I've been seeing this all over social media, and Shannon hates it. It's the twenty sixteen challenge, the twenty sixteen trend. What's going on, Shan?
Speaker 2: Why do you hate it so supposedly?
Speaker 3: Is I don't even understand the reason for this is I heard it's because people are saying twenty twenty six is the new twenty sixteen.
Speaker 4: I think it's just cause it's been time, which what.
Speaker 5: Does that even mean?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes a lot more sense to me, Like, Okay, let's reflect on you know, what your life was like a decade ago. So everybody that I know has been posting photos and videos from twenty sixteen on Instagram, particularly.
Speaker 1: I think it's a way for everybody to show off when they didn't have wrinkles or they were because the only people that show it off, Shannon, are people that looked better in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, I have not participated in this. If you follow me on Instagram, I'm at Cupcake Shannon, you know that I have not participated in this because twenty sixteen was probably one of the worst years of my whole entire life, and so the thought of even going back really and looking at pictures from twenty sixteen to try to decide on some for a post, like makes my stomach hurt so bad.
Speaker 2: What happened. I mean, obviously you don't want to remember.
Speaker 3: It, but like, well, it was the year that my first marriage completely unraveled, and I was struggling really really bad behind the scenes, and we weren't public with that, so I was just struggling silently and very few people know knew at the time. Mojo was actually one of the only people that knew in my family of course, and some of my closest friends, but just trying to keep that down and struggling with it when I got home. I mean, there were there were days that I didn't even want to get out of bed. I didn't even want to wake up. To be honest with you, that was my twenty sixteen. So I keep seeing people posts and I'm like, yeah, this is a trend. I just can't wait until way because I want to forget about the majority of twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it was twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: It's funny because of I will never forget, you know, certain moments that have happened in the lives of everybody, but then you forget what year it is, you know, so I didn't realize it was that long ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like I spent much of.
Speaker 3: Twenty sixteen like curled up in a ball on my laundry room floor, on my bathroom floor, in my bed, just not wanting to leave my house and.
Speaker 5: Waking up everyway.
Speaker 3: It was one of those years of waking up in the morning and going, this is not my life, you know, but.
Speaker 1: Don't be offended, but I'm posting pictures of you from twenty six y my, that was one of my skinny years.
Speaker 2: Did you already start posting?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't, okay.
Speaker 1: I was like, I looked actually not that bad in twenty sixteen. I was like, man, I was actually pretty good.
Speaker 5: No, you post away.
Speaker 2: I was like, got bags under her eyes and spending up all night. I'm blowing. I'm blowing.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what, this is an interesting one because I don't know how people will feel about talking about this.
Speaker 2: But what was your bad year? Like, do you guys remember your bad year?
Speaker 1: Because I will never forget some of the years that Chelse and I struggled the most and one of the years was twenty nineteen was like one of our worst years. And then going into twenty twenty, as weird as it sounds, that was everybody seems like bad year, that was actually the year that got us to stay together. I mean, it was pretty crazy, but it was also a bad year early on because you know, health wise, it wasn't great. That's when I found out I had the hard stuff. But you guys have like a year like if they were going to do like a challenge. It's like, I'm out, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't have Thank god, I don't have a full year where I experienced some level of torment.
Speaker 2: But I do remember.
Speaker 7: I believe it was twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two, somewhere around that time. This is way before Jasmine and I have the relationship we had now, And I took Josiah to Florida. He was eight years old somewhere around then, and I didn't do any of the work that he had to do for school that week. And Jasmine is a very organized person. Granted was like second or third grade, so I didn't think it mattered that much, but it mattered to her. And there were some other things that took place. But long story short, I didn't see Josiah for like three months, wow, like three months, man, And we had to because I mean, she she had her reasons, you know, from her point of view, but that's why we had to go to the court system. I had to, like, you know, I fight to get my time back and all of that. But I just remember going that long without being able to see Josiah oh that way. And one of the worst moments of my life is when after everything, you know, it was finalized with the courts, he had to meet him at the police station so we could make the exchange, and he didn't want to go with me, Like he literally did not want to get out the car and go with me. He was accustomed to, he was accustomed heard. It broke my fa heart. Oh it's a terrible It broke my heart. But you know, we back, we went through it. But that was man. I'll never forget that moment.
Speaker 2: In that year.
Speaker 4: Quite the opposite of you. I had, Like you said, you barely had a year. I had like four years that I just want to delete from my memory. I actually did, Like I deleted all my Snapchat memories. I deleted all the pictures I have no remembrance of like well, I mean I remember it, but no documentation of like twenty seventeen to maybe like twenty twenty, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 7: Yeah we did some kick it off or was it just like one thing after Maybe it was right after.
Speaker 4: Uh it was I was going through the breakup with my high school boyfriend and then moving out of my parents' house and just like finding myself and realizing what I did and didn't like about how I was raised. And I was, yeah, going through a bad drinking a lot, like making bad decisions.
Speaker 2: And it lasted long, and last year I was like four years.
Speaker 1: So it's you know, how I know where I was in my life in years because years to me, like even when Shannon just brought that up, I'm like going, wow, twenty sixteen, that's wild. But is when I go in my iPhone in the photos and I go to the years, and I'm like, oh my god, that was then, like I because I can't remember the actual years. But then you go back and look and when Shannon had said this about twenty sixteen, I'm looking back at some of these photos and I'm going, wow, it brings back to yesterday, like when things happened. So did you, Shannon before the twenty sixteen when you started seeing people post in the twenty sixteen challenge, I knew that it was.
Speaker 2: Already Yeah, you already knew it.
Speaker 5: It's that year.
Speaker 3: And obviously pieces of years that followed, but like that year, I just was struggling with a lot of stuff in general. And so even when I favorite certain photos or your iPhone comes up with like you know, your featured photos for the day or whatever, and when something comes up from that year, and I don't know if you guys can relate to this, I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach. It brings me right back to me that moment and how I felt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, I feel I had asked still because I got pictures of Sharill and Journey still on my phone. Because I just I'm terrible at the lead and stuff. So sometimes those will pop up into memories or like you say, on this day like that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: So then it hits you like, you know, hey, what's up, Clarence, how you doing.
Speaker 6: Doing good?
Speaker 2: How are you good? What's going on?
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 8: That just to go on the worst year, it would be twenty sixteen, just like actually starting August twenty fifth of twenty sixteen started the worst year.
Speaker 2: Why August twenty fifth, that was the.
Speaker 8: Day that my mom decided to stop demo and to go on hospice.
Speaker 5: Oh goodness.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that I can remember every detail. I go through it every year, the lack of sleep, like twenty sixteen with a crappy air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the call Clearance. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Ryan for you man, Jason, you can also relate to twenty sixteen not being a great year.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I wanted to say to Shannon that I know that twenty sixteen may have been terrible, but it it helps form who you are now and lead you to where you are now, you know. And that's yeah, that's how you to me. That's how you kind of have to look at the rough times. Is it helps form form who you are, who you become, you know, and hopefully you you learned from from them from those times, yeah, and can move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate that comment, and that that is always how I.
Speaker 5: Frame it in my head.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's fun though it's weird to say this, but I go back to years that I wish I could go back to, Like Chelsea always says, I live in the past a lot.
Speaker 5: Like the good years, you mean, your favorite years.
Speaker 1: Like certain years where I'm like I remember everything, not being like there's only a couple of years where I'm like that year was really bad, But I go back all that, Like Chelsea always said, if I was going to go back to anything, I'd go back to eighth grade.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's so funny you say this because we were when I was with my family on Friday night, we were all at dinner and we were talking about this twenty sixteen thing, how much I hate it. My sister's like, what was your you know, your favorite ear? And I said, oh, probably thirty was like a really good, exciting year, you know whatnot. And my brother in law goes, I'd go back to when I was fifteen, Like high school. That's the year you go back.
Speaker 2: Look, no bills, no real world stress.
Speaker 5: Taken, no just as eighth grade.
Speaker 1: Eighth grade. I mean, I'm telling you, it was the best year ever. I'll never forget. Thriller came out in that year. It was like one of my favorite girl is, Oh what it's Erica? How you doing I'm doing.
Speaker 8: I was not having such a good morning. I was kind of irritable this morning.
Speaker 7: And Mojo, when you said twenty sixteen was my best year.
Speaker 8: I was skinny. I'm gonna post. I'll just laugh.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: I said, this man could get a laugh out of me when I am not feeling like even being bothered.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it gets better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be a good day, Erica day. Thank you. Take take care of yourself. What's up, Katie?
Speaker 1: You want to share in the fact that we were hating on twenty sixteen?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 6: I was coniserating with Shannon because I also went through divorce in twenty sixteen, had to move to my parents and go back to work after being a stay at home mom for four years, and the year before that, I had cancer.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm good now though.
Speaker 2: It good. We love We love you, Katie.
Speaker 6: I love you guy too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Stay strong, that's that's awesome. And don't worry if you if you have a bad day, it's okay. Call us up and tell us, Joshua, what's up?
Speaker 5: Modrill just talk about his skinniest years and makes it better.
Speaker 2: I'll give you.
Speaker 1: In eighth grade, that was not a skinny year, though I was not skinny in eighth grade.
Speaker 2: What's going on, Joshua, Just like you. Twenty nineteen was my worst year ever.
Speaker 8: Filed for divorce that year, but thank god, COVID fix that forced me to get a job to work in town and not travel all the time, and then it fixed my marriage.
Speaker 5: So that's an incredible story.
Speaker 2: We did that as a topic.
Speaker 1: COVID saved my marriage, and it was amazing, Joshua, how many people experienced the same thing. It was the fact that everybody had to be with each other, and then you started realizing that it was the distance that was causing a lot more of the issues because you couldn't tackle thought.
Speaker 8: I was actually on the radio that thanks.
Speaker 1: Joshua, thank you for the call, buddy. I appreciate it. Thank you all right, take care of yourself, all right, Mojo in the morning.