Speaker 1: Under mac factor Monshore. Here we are. Let's get into the news before we do that.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Brian Flores talked to the media about losing Jonathan Grenard in the game.
Speaker 3: You know, big loss for us, obviously captain and one of our best players, and so sad for him. You know, We've had a couple of conversations, but you'll be staying in touch with him. As he got the coast, was you know, recovery process.
Speaker 4: He seemed like he was in a pretty good mood yesterday and when we had him model like Jonathan gard relatively speaking. Obviously it sucks at the season's over, but he seemed pretty optimistic about next year.
Speaker 1: Both Parker and Marco Real.
Speaker 2: Quick before we get into the news, he just said Florus like, yeah, I'll stay in touch with him, and it reminded me it must be shocking to go from being the starting, you know, linebacker to oh yeah, the coach took a moment to stop buy and talk to me. Yeah, when you get injured, yeah, you know, like you're suddenly no longer part of the team. You don't have the world just moves right.
Speaker 5: It's the worst.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did two years out with ACL and it's like you're part of the team, but there's definitely days where you're like, I don't feel like it, you know, the whole bit. So, yeah, it's tough and you want to be out there and competing.
Speaker 5: I don't know how much you were hurt, Parish, but yeah, no, there's nothing worse. I agree.
Speaker 7: You just you miss all. You miss out on so much not being part of the games. You know, just the chatter on the bench, the game itself, and maybe the inside jokes all that. Yeah, Parker nailed it. When when you're injured for whether it's a couple of weeks or in his case, a couple of years, which I couldn't amend. God bless you, buddy, it's us. It sucks you don't feel like you're part of it. You kind of come in early in the NHL. You come in early to get your treatment, and you know, if you're not practicing, you're not in the ice with the guys, and there just seems to be this whole communication that happens on the ice that you're just not a part of. And yeah, it's it's frustrating, and it's part of the reason a lot of guys want to get back off the ieart very fast.
Speaker 2: What about the idea though, that like suddenly everything that defines you, Yeah, no longer define you.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's the hardest bit, right, I believe that's the part where like, especially after my second one. I remember just because I did my my rehabit like at TCO and training.
Speaker 5: House and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: So I was using our facilities and I was using you know, TCO, and I would just come home from there and sit in my car for like ten minutes before I went to the facility and just like cry, just be like so emotional about what was going on.
Speaker 5: But you know, nowadays talk like.
Speaker 6: Did you just show up to laugh class? That would be class classic Rosie right there. Yeah, but no, I think you know, I found sports psychology which helped me out a lot.
Speaker 5: Never do that, actually, ly Kray, Yeah, oh is he okay? No, he's still sleeping. Oh, sleeping for eleven hours. That's when you asked him to look at the bottom of your foot.
Speaker 6: But no, sports psychology helped me out a lot. And uh sometimes it's good talker feelings out hockey.
Speaker 7: Yeah for man Amen man man Well said Parker Well said.
Speaker 5: This is camp news.
Speaker 8: With Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six IIHF World Junior Champion.
Speaker 2: I wish we had somebody that played in that, Dewey. Oh wait a minute, we do tell me about it?
Speaker 5: Mate? I did.
Speaker 1: I tell you what?
Speaker 7: There is nothing bigger any young hockey player's life than the World Junior Championships. The next bigger tournament you will ever play in is the Olympics. And that's the stepping stone of the NHL. We are going to see the next NHL superstars, second liners, third liners, goaltenders. They are all going to be on display right here in Minnesota over this holiday season.
Speaker 5: I love it. Dewey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dewey was the cop in Scream Pay Just watch that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Did you really?
Speaker 4: All the kids love Stream Scream? The only good ones the original one, right, the first one's the goat the best, yes by a mile.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then uh, what's a ghost face? Sure is one of the kids they see the Disney should go back and do all the original Grim stuff because these kids are into the Gore and.
Speaker 5: Disney all that. Disney should do the real Grim brothers, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Disney saw, Oh that'd be great, that would cool cutting off.
Speaker 5: If you guys are string things.
Speaker 1: Yes, a strange I've seen that movie. Oh, I have such a terrible joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tonight's Powerball Jackpas stands at one point two five billion dollars. Taking the cash option, would we're got about five hundred and seventy two million dollars just in time for the holidays. That's an incredibly low amount. If you win one point two five and you'll get five hundred and seventy two chase.
Speaker 5: Yeah, once you start making seven figures, you get half of it.
Speaker 4: My god, and it's the lump sum right if you do it still, sure, you take what you got to take. The mom's money makes money, makes money. You'll make more money under it. You get it now and invest it. Get it now, yes, get it working for you.
Speaker 5: Send it to many climber. Wow, he's gonna put in my account. Yeah, he's mine. The parish is financial man.
Speaker 1: Glad it's working out for one of you.
Speaker 5: It's working out for parish for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Snow plow operators are warring drivers, m warning drivers after nineteen crashes have happened already in Minnesota. Darren has been a plow operator for sixteen years and has witness dangerous driving behaviors firsthand. He says, he recommends stand back at least ten car links and giving plow drivers room to work. And I recommend that Darren please move over a little bit. I'm gonna hurt.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: When you get on that highway and they're going to they are doing their job. It's tough to sit back there.
Speaker 1: It is, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, And you're like, I'm the only person has to be somewhere.
Speaker 5: I'm impatient, especially behind the wheel.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Plow operators are working to help you. So be careful and thank you. Do as I say, not as I do.
Speaker 5: Nineteen accidents with plows already this year. That's incredible. Jeez, don't we learn our lesson? Who's who's taking on a plow? I got he walked right into that one. Yeah, Donny loves taking out a plow.
Speaker 1: A Sartelle student has earned a perfect ACT score.
Speaker 5: Wow, good for that student.
Speaker 2: Nices, that's got to be difficult, say Sartell. Saint Stephen High School junior Henry Johnson earned a perfect thirty six. Fewer than zero point two percent of a c T take test takers each year earn a perfet score.
Speaker 5: Yah, didn't that Bony's son get a perfect score?
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think my nephew got like a thirty four. That's incredible to ask him.
Speaker 8: Good for him, Wisconsin instead be really proud of that.
Speaker 4: I think it's something like that thirty three year or that before. Yeah, I got the team same. Well, you wrote your name down right, I got seven.
Speaker 6: Was remember you have to get at eighteen or whatever to like play college sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Chris, I guesses you did not take the acts right. Everybody nationally takes the SATs, but I don't know how many states take a CTS.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Well, it was like for park of that was like for colleges for sports was the act. Yeah, so we had to take so yeah, it was. Yeah, it was the same thing.
Speaker 7: I took it Saturday and had me and Mikey Anderson Sugar take it our junior year or whatever the year before. We were supposed to take it to to just kind of get warmed up and hopefully do better the second time. But I passed the first time. There you go, and you said you're gonna do it. You're gonna take it again and do better. Right, and I said I passed the first time. Yeah that's see. Yeah, that's the worst there for like four hours. Yeah, it's brutal.
Speaker 2: Speaking of kids, police arrested a teen who was suspected of online threats towards South Metro schools. He was arresting connection with online threats against high schools in Rosemont, Apple Valley, Egan school districts, and an investigation by several law enforcement agencies identified the sixteen year old boys suspect. According to a statement Tuesday afternoon from the Apple Valley Police Department, no weapons were found during a search. But I'd heard that there were three or four schools maybe that shut down or didn't have class one day this week because they were getting threats.
Speaker 5: Man, don't do that. Don't do that, right, sauce that ruins the holidays. Don't do that. Don't ruin the holidays. And then don't put kiddos in danger. Don't do any of that. True.
Speaker 2: Have you guys noticed lately like you're driving, doesn't matter where you're going, but everybody's going about ten miles an hour below the speed limit. My supposition is that everybody's high. And I kid you not I have decided that is the case, because not only and then when you get up beside him and you give them the I wish you were deadlock. They don't even notice you're there. I think everybody's high. The reason I bring it up is because of this. New data shows twenty percent of older drivers admit to driving while high.
Speaker 9: Researchers reported findings in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence that show twenty percent of those fifty and older went behind the wheel at least once in the last year while hi. The study involved a survey of more than thirty three hundred people. Researchers say there's been a lot of effort to reduce driving while high among young people, but finding show it's a cross generational issue. I'm Tammy Trihio.
Speaker 1: Hi, Timmy, Thanks Tammy.
Speaker 5: Drive high to do UI?
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Am, Stay off.
Speaker 8: The damn great film though, just we great film, one of the greatest comedies.
Speaker 1: Of all time.
Speaker 5: I look like somebody that would smoke marijuana.
Speaker 4: Oh who is that half baked fa Yeah it was Dave Chappelle, right before he blew up, like, yeah, he was not anybody yet.
Speaker 5: It was pretty Chappelle's show, and it was awesome. It's a perfect Yeah, he was just kind of that.
Speaker 7: He was just kind of that funny guy at that point. He hadn't taken over the world.
Speaker 5: He had been on like the HBO.
Speaker 4: What is that bit called, like the Young Comedians Special, like where they highlight four or five upcoming standup comedians. He'd already done that, so he he was on the stand up map, but he wasn't a household name by any means at that point, which is kind of funny looking back on. He was the lead in a movie with very little fanfare, and then you know, of course, if that movie had come out ten years later, it would have been epic because he was a giant. Deal of the budget was probably eight bucks eight bucks, yes, and they gave most of that to Willie Nelson erect.
Speaker 1: Is that the movie with Hunger Girl?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, exactly. Yeah. Was it eight million? Yeah?
Speaker 4: That movie is really fun. It's so you don't have to be stoned. I watched it a thousand times, never stoned.
Speaker 5: I watched it a few times. I was drunk most of the time, but not high. Yeah, it's grunted. I guess it's rotten.
Speaker 6: Tomato one thirty one seventeen, twenty seven, twenty eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's better than that. It's way batter way that. It's one of the funniest movies of all time. A lot of a lot of very quotable lines. Yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, funy. How many times have we said this over the years. Yeah, the Bay's going back. Theatomy is not a procedure. We know, we know. It's half baked, dummy, it's so good.
Speaker 1: When he starts feeding that horse.
Speaker 8: Oh god, when Jim Brewer goes through all the things they need, it's so good to LOLd.
Speaker 5: He's so stone, it's so good.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a perfect example of it's a dumb movie, but.
Speaker 5: It's still super funny, funny.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, it's not groundbreaking, it's not where you're like, oh god, I've never seen a more clever film in my life.
Speaker 5: No, it's dumber than hell nasty night. It's but that's great.
Speaker 8: Well, my bitch, anybody's gonna stab it's gonna be me.
Speaker 1: The only people I ever hear talking about that film are you guys.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm serious, and I've never seen it until you guys tell me about it. I laughed my butt off. It should be on part with like like Old School and like Stepbrothers funny movies. This movie is just as funny, if not funny.
Speaker 4: And I think part of it is that you get to see Chappelle before he's Chappelle.
Speaker 5: It's almost like, while.
Speaker 4: Look at how funny this guy is before the world found out how funny he is. Yeah, he's awesome. Harlan break and Jim burst.
Speaker 8: When Jim Brewer goes through that entire list of all the things they need, Harlan Williams character gets all of it.
Speaker 5: All of it. It gets everything they ask for and.
Speaker 4: Some funaness you dumbs nuts man.
Speaker 5: The whole scene is fantastic. How long you think you can make it? Five girl, six thirty? So I guess this is not an exaggeration.
Speaker 4: We would play Hearts for money until like five in the morning. My friends would get high, we would get drunk, and we would watch Half Baked basically on a Half Baked on.
Speaker 5: Repeat like a CD like an album VHS.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we would be We would sometimes watch it two or three times a night because we were mostly playing cards. But by the end of the summer all of us could have done a one man play I could have. I could have done the entire movie word for word, because that's all we watched all summer long.
Speaker 8: We did the same thing, except we would just sit there and smoke weed.
Speaker 5: And what that also checks out.
Speaker 2: I don't know where that black lady is shed. Oh god, she's ever been in another movie. But I hope she woke up happy today. She makes me so happy. That one little line I was talking to the hand on the hip. The look on her face, it's the greatest ever. I mean, that's like Marlon Brando her parka.
Speaker 5: Do you still have the Rotten Tomatoes score up? Let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's go mister Zianna for a second. You still have the Rotten Tomatoes page pulled up? What's the what's the audience score for Half Baked critics? Thirty one makes sense?
Speaker 5: Or twenty eight? Is that we said twenty what's the audience score? Like eighty something? Eighty four? Yeah? See that checks out? Yeah, yeah, I gotta watch it now. Yeah, sober you gotta see it.
Speaker 1: We got to go to high V with Jonathan Garnard. We'll be right back.
Speaker 10: Time now for the Vikings Report, presented by Hive, the official grocery partner of the Minnesota Vikings, linebacker Jonathan Grenard joins The Power Trip next thanks to Hyvy.
Speaker 4: Hey, we've said this before, but uh, you know, everybody on this show makes recommendations for other people on the show. Right, Go see this movie, go watch that concert, go see this TV show. The only one who listens to advice is Parker, and it's usual phenomenal.
Speaker 5: But when when we.
Speaker 4: Say, like, hey, something is really really good from when you were six, Parker, I think you would like it. He actually goes and watches almost everything we suggest.
Speaker 5: I love that it's usually worth my time. I love I love that you care. I value your guys' opinions. It's that too, well, even mine. Yeah, it's actually you know, look, he.
Speaker 4: I think he's actually gonna go watch Half Baked now for sure?
Speaker 5: Are you watching Plurbus?
Speaker 6: I've seen that I was as good. I've seen your kind of comments on it. I haven't watched it yet, but you've not seen it yet. No, but it's on the it's on the radar, for sure. It's on the my list.
Speaker 4: In my it's in my top three for twenty twenty five. Okay, top three in any order. I don't know how I would rank him severance task and plurbus my task your favorite shows of the year.
Speaker 5: Yeahs task is because it's the one scene. Yeah, there's never a better scene than the pacular. But if you have not watched Player, but don't look it up, I know nothing.
Speaker 4: Ye you don't want to know anything about it. It makes it better if you don't know. Go in blind and uh, it's super creative. It's very different.
Speaker 5: We watched that episode.
Speaker 8: You were the seventh episode outstanding, right, I have some thoughts on it?
Speaker 5: Is that right? Yeah? But it's still good, Like I'm I was outstanding. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I always feel like I'm missing something whenever I watch that. But I think I got the gist of yesterday. Well, you had a tough day.
Speaker 5: You had to you know, your wife had her wisdom teeth removed. You had a babysit.
Speaker 8: She's now wearying a jaw bra. Excuse me, that's what it's called.
Speaker 5: What now it's called?
Speaker 1: Is it brought to you by John Moran?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: Well play It's a called a jaw bra that goes from here up here. It has ice packs in it right here, and it goes up here. I think sits up here and it holds the pressure.
Speaker 5: On her face. I wish I had that for when I got my wisdom teeth out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why she has it. Yeah, a job ra and she has to wear it for forty eight hours. We're going to go to Target today and she said, I'll take it off when we go in target.
Speaker 4: Target.
Speaker 5: He wants to go.
Speaker 4: She's gonna go to Target and take her bra of her job due her job That's what I meant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nice. Yeah, I wish you had a job ra so i'd be quiet. Yeah yeah, yeah. Is that another word for muzzle?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess no, but yeah, it's called The lady was like, now we have to put your job ra on?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, it's like something Bob Marley would wear.
Speaker 5: Job bra brilliant.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so yeah, my wife is currently wearing a job bra. You should have led with that at five point thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I bet she's pleased that you talked about it.
Speaker 5: She told me to talk about it. Yeah, so she wanted you to talk about her bra on the job. That's what I said. That's what I mean. Yeah, Man, don't make it weird. You make it weird all the time.
Speaker 8: Don't be weird, weird d don't be weird, dude, but the brand of it is job Mark came in here.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, to not be weird. I'm here for a good time. It'll be a good bit.
Speaker 4: Is while she's wearing a job ra, you wear her bra, man, just to you know, like to support what it could give you the lecture support. Yeah, give me a nice lipt just to show the you know, camaraderie that you're in this with her. I am going on this journey with her solidarity.
Speaker 1: Say well, thank you, but this is empty.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah. I think Tommy had to wear his bras well.
Speaker 8: Hawk once asked him to wear a thong and then he was going to do it, but then Hawk was gone.
Speaker 2: I scare run tee you. I would bet all the money I had in the bank that he has had a bra on.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, oh yeah, I would bet a lot of money. If you went through his closet, you'd be like, oh, you have a job, raw. Do you get your wisdom too? Thought you go no, No.
Speaker 1: Just like wearing Oh it's for my job.
Speaker 5: I'm supposed ice packs in this yeah. Oh man, and it's time for sports.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, hold on, sorry, let me hit this hair button.
Speaker 10: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around, your timber Dech deck building contractor.
Speaker 8: The Vikings battle the Giants on Sunday at noon. Pregame at ten in New York, New Jersey. Your Vikings are three point favorites. The first injury report comes out today.
Speaker 5: Thank you, school, You're welcome. Who's playing quarterback for the Giants? I don't know? Is Jackson Dart in his head? He doesn't know either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got paid a lot concussion.
Speaker 5: He should wear one of those guardian caps. What are they called guardian helmets? Yeah? Yeah, and then a job ra just to make sure that his head doesn't get completely rocked. And the QL collar thing, all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big old helmet, big old b Yeah.
Speaker 8: Perfect.
Speaker 1: I was playing a long trying to sports talk.
Speaker 8: Wasn't that the bid in South Park where they all wear bras and they're playing that one sport because they have to, like dumb down football?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 8: Sarcastaball, Sarcastaball, Yeah, they're all wearing bras.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Week sixteen begins with an amazing Thursday night football game. The eleven and three La Rams go to the eleven and three Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 5: Yesterday you said Thursday Night.
Speaker 4: Yesterday you said greatest Thursday night football game of all times. Because here's the easy follow up. Name another one.
Speaker 5: Well, I'd have to think about it, but.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, name any other good Thursday night football game in the history of Thursday night football.
Speaker 5: Name one. I can't think of one exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure that's like the definition of recency bias.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be an awesome like somebody like Nordo would know. Noda would know. Yeah, No, it's obviously it's a huge game.
Speaker 4: They got really lucky with the scheduling that they're both eleven and three, that whoever wins this is an overwhelming favorite to win the division. It's a it's a giant game. Can I ask you a question, can't wait? Can they flex Monday night football? Yeah, but I think it's three weeks. It's like you have to flex a lot further out, I believe, And this is one of those questions.
Speaker 5: If Zach was here, he would know what happened to it is? Isn't it right? Hawkward? It's like a two week window.
Speaker 1: He said, two. That's what I was thinking about it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was two for a like a normal game, and I think it's a three week flex for Monday because there's more variables. I don't know if that's accurate or not. Somebody could again something else. Nordo would know that's true. Thursday night game with eleven to eleven win teams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: That's pretty allow the league to switch games in an out of Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, and Thursday Football for better matchups, mainly from week five through the end of the season, providing flexibility. Blah blah blah. Week eighteen schedules entirely up for grabs.
Speaker 4: By the way, I don't think they would flex Monday Night for a couple of reasons. San Francisco's playing very well. They're a very quiet ten and four. If they get healthy, lookout. But also, I do think the Philip Rivers story is a story worth watching, even if the Niners destroy the Colts on Monday Night. I do think the country's curious to see if he does it again. Like if Philip Rivers is kind of fun to watch again, I think I think that's an unflexible game.
Speaker 2: Sunday Aftes and Monday Night Football. They have to have twelve days, notice twelve days. Thursday Night Football has to be twenty one days.
Speaker 5: Oh so Thursday is the three week ones. Yeah, there we go. Okay, Prime's gotta choke the other.
Speaker 6: Best game for Thursday Football twenty fifteen Packers first Lions. Rogers through a sixty one yard He'll marry to win the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it off the top of your head?
Speaker 5: No, it's on Google. Don't trust Google. I don't trust wait, Google AI or Google. Just google Google. Okay, then you might have it right. It is probably Yeah, I just lies to you for no reason. They're wrong all the time with sports. It's kind of nice. Okay. The Rams are now a one and a half point favorite. That line is ove. I like the Rams in that game. Yeah, I do too, really, yeah, especially from what we saw when we played Seattle, with how bad we played and it was still kind of a game I don't know well.
Speaker 4: And a forty four year old grandpa almost beat the Seahawks last week in Seattle in Seattle amost.
Speaker 5: And they should have. It was a big, huge field goal though. Yeah, they'll be an early exit.
Speaker 1: Seattle will just.
Speaker 8: Like Darnold did, just like the Patriots will they'll be a first you think so, they're they've basically their strength the schedule. They're like, but Drake may like three hundred is like the winning percentage of really the teams they've played some easy, easy teams.
Speaker 4: Take your word for it. I mean, make sure, don't worry about it. Just move on. We trust you, We trust you. Everybody knows they've they've had a pretty easy schedule.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very easy. But you only can win the games.
Speaker 8: I mean they've played the Raiders, the Saints and the Titans and the Browns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those are bad teams. Yeah. And the Giants, Yeah, another bad team. That's bad. It's bad. Uh.
Speaker 8: The Wild crush the Caps five nothing for the Wild's fifth straight win. Since Quinn Hughes has been on the team and played, they've outscored teams eleven to two. Tarasenko scored twice, Caprisov, yar Off and Boldi scored the other goals. The Wild Marky Perry are twenty nine and five. They battle the Blue Jackets tomorrow at.
Speaker 7: Six o' Say that again, that record twenty nine and.
Speaker 4: Five, twenty pause, nine pause and five not twenty nine and five twenty nine five nail there, we get.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Hockey Minute with Mark Parrish, brought to you by our friends at Saint Cloud State University.
Speaker 5: Go Huskies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a lot of things to be excited about right now in Minnesota, and the rest of the NHL is excited as well. Look to see what this trade with Quinn Hughes. Obviously we're getting to seeing the positives right off the bat, seeing what he can do on the offensive side of the game, but what he does to this organization and how much it brings this team right into a Cup contender. I mean literally only maybe missing one or two things, and these one or two things might might just be in the lineup and they maybe just need a chance to play. And so this is an exciting, exciting time for the Minnesota Wild. Get a guy like Quinn Hughes have a one to two punch that matches just about anybody in the league, including Nathan McKinnon and Cale mccarr. It's an absolutely exciting time for the Minnesota Wild. Let's hope that the team and everything can convince Quinn Hughes that this is the place to be for a while.
Speaker 5: And I think they just will thank you for your honesty.
Speaker 1: Nice job, excellent, thank you.
Speaker 5: Oh saws.
Speaker 4: Parrish didn't mention this in his hockey minute, but obviously you're a pro.
Speaker 5: You're going to tell me about when the Frost play next.
Speaker 8: They play Friday against who and where who do they play? They played the Scepters of Canada. Toronto's that's a good guess in Canada. No here here against the Scepters. Yeah, two for three seven o'clock, three for four might be earlier.
Speaker 5: No, that's right, eight eastern.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, seven o'clock, five Pacific, seven o'clock against Boston on Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Boston at the GCA and Sam Paul Cambridge the fleet.
Speaker 4: Sure, so the Fleet of Boston, not the Sceptors of Canada. Taylor will be here in what thirty minutes or so give or take. Yeah, so's we're gonna upgrade. We're gonna basically kick Parker out that yeah, baby, and let Taylor come in.
Speaker 1: Why why can't he stay?
Speaker 5: He can? But he's gonna leave it like it what time you have to leave?
Speaker 8: There is?
Speaker 5: So they'll overlap for like fifteen minutes, which is enough. I got things. He's got big boy job. Man, he's got things to do.
Speaker 8: Host the Grizzlies tomorrow or excuse me tonight at seven. The Wolves have won seven of eight. That game can be heard right here on this station. The Wolves are seven and a half point favorites.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Anthony Edwards probable, may may play, may not play, dealing with the foot injury.
Speaker 5: But the Wolves look good.
Speaker 6: Dante Divincenzo's taking a real step, as you guys know. It's kind of in the conversation Bones Highland Rob Dillingham, We've seen a lot more of Bones Island at that point guard position lately, so I think that's something they stay with. And I'm interested to see when Ant comes back what they do if they move Bones to that bench, or if they decide that Dante di Vicenzo is more of a six man and they're gonna keep points Bones at the point guard. So, but that's tvd as Ant still lot with the injuries.
Speaker 4: So it's too bad Bones Highland isn't like a Hall of Fame caliber player.
Speaker 5: We need.
Speaker 4: We need somebody that's unstoppable named Bones. Yes, yeah, that's a badass name. What can't he be significantly better? I know it fits his personality perfect too, So you.
Speaker 5: Know I'm gonna look at it. What is his real name?
Speaker 8: Hang on, do you guys know what it is? Dusty Bones? Yeah, Dusty Bones.
Speaker 1: I think it's bone terrific.
Speaker 5: Night.
Speaker 1: I think I'm serious.
Speaker 5: Mis seonean that's not as fun. No, Bones is better. He's god of fun though a little bit. Nashawn Hyland, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: A good question?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is a good question. Only twenty five. I thought he was older than that. No, he's young. Yeah that's what she said. Oh, okay, Pat.
Speaker 8: The Knicks won the NBA Cup last night by beating the Spurs one to thirteen.
Speaker 5: Cat had sixteen.
Speaker 8: Every player on the winning team wins five hundred and thirty thousand dollars, and Karl Anthony Towns is donating his to his foundation in the Dominican Republic to help the community and families and financial hardship build homes.
Speaker 5: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 6: Best part of that game is watching the guys at the end of the bench with about thirty seconds left, just gets so excited because there's two way guys, there's minimum contract guys, and they're getting half a million dollars a million dollars in Vegas. How much of that would you spend that night?
Speaker 8: Corey Strong got asked, I am the wrong guy with money, and I would have it on like two hours.
Speaker 4: I'd have it in my e trade account within ten minutes ago.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow is gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: They have five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I'd spend five hundred twenty five thousand.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can start playing five hundred dollars spin in the hand.
Speaker 2: Dude, you have no idea, And then I would curse everybody.
Speaker 5: You could play that? Right?
Speaker 8: What five hundred to spin? Sure, there's got to be a machine that has the right, of course there is.
Speaker 5: You can do anything there.
Speaker 4: You know how Chris always says you can always make more money, right, He always says, I'll get another job.
Speaker 1: Right, I've got four.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: If you if you're on, if you're on the New York Knicks, and you win a half a million, and then you blow that half a million in Vegas before the night's over, guess what you can do? Win the Cup next year?
Speaker 8: Win it right back, right, somebody's got to tell hockey's not on an NBA team though.
Speaker 5: Viking's news is next.
Speaker 4: Parker Fox is here, Mark Parrish is here, Taylor Hies he will be here in like thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: This is the Power Trip Borning show on the Fan.
Speaker 1: He welcome back to about your morning show. That'd be Wednesday. Everybody, It's time for.
Speaker 5: Vikings Us on the Power Trip presented.
Speaker 4: By Did anybody hear Gergy last night filling up for Bump?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He was great. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But they brought up something that I hadn't had on my radar. I didn't know that Jalen Naylor was going to be a free agent here in a couple of weeks. Did you guys know that? I wasn't paying attention to that? So Jalen Naylor potentially walking away?
Speaker 5: And what?
Speaker 4: Justin asked Kevin Seafford, and they debated it and discussed it.
Speaker 5: I thought it was enlightening because I hadn't thought.
Speaker 4: Of it was almost almost forgot. Is Jalen Naylor playing well enough to give him some money?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: You're not going to give him thirty million a year. He's not Jamar Chase or Justin Jefferson. Are you going to give Jalen Naylor money? And potentially not extend Jordan Addison. Like, is Jalen Naylor enough to say you're the second receiver on this team and let's find something else for Jordan Edison. You said no quickly, Parker, No, I don't want to move on from Madison.
Speaker 6: Now, I think maybe the office side of things want to move on from Madison, but I don't think Kevin wants to move on from Madison. So I personally, I see Addison in the program for a long time, hopefully and hopefully he takes steps. But and this is not like a disc on Jaalen Naylor. I think Jalenes had an awesome year. He's been a great target for JJ. He has a speed element. They can run that end around stuff to him. But I think Kevin really likes Jordan Edison, So I see.
Speaker 8: I think if you find the right team, like a Buffalo, or you find one of these teams that needs a wide receiver, I.
Speaker 5: Would bet they would.
Speaker 8: If they would come to the table with like a second or third round pick, I think they might trade just straight up, that's it. You think you'd get a first round pick?
Speaker 4: No, But I'm just saying, like again, put a name to that. I you know, I think Addison's good. I don't want him for a third round pick. I'd rather have him. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The problem is now this is the off season, right that you can now start signing him to an extension. And that was what they were discussing last night is how much do you trust him?
Speaker 5: How much money do you give him? Yeah? Well, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 6: So there's the off the field is year is as well, you know what I mean, And if you're not, the best ability is availability, and he wasn't available for the first four games and then you know, he missed the thing in London, the whole bit. So if you're not, if you're not able to put him out there on the field, then that's a whole nother argument to have.
Speaker 5: I do think this year though, has proven that Jalen's a solid third Oh yeah, and JJ loves him. Yeah, he uses him all the time. And then yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Well, I think the other thing we need to see going forward with this team is we and McCarthy. Look, you know, he looked great against Dallas. He'll probably look great against New York. We need from a just from a camaraderie, team, from a play team.
Speaker 5: We need Detroit and Green Bay to be playing for something.
Speaker 8: We need to see him play against a defense that has something to play for it in these last two weeks. Just need to see how we just need to see how we operates, how we hold, how he contains himself, all that stuff.
Speaker 5: They just need to see him against a team that has something to play for. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I agree, you don't get anything out of the Dallas bit. Their defense is terrible, as it is the Washington bit too. They're done too. So play somebody who's playing for something and see what you can you can get out of them.
Speaker 4: Is there another name between the four of you men over here? Is there another name in the last three games that you would like to see more of? Because obviously we all want to see McCarthy in his progression. I know the guys last night Kevin and Gersey were talking about Dallas Turner obviously gonna have a lot of opportunities with the Grenard out for the year, certainly, But is there another name you can think of it? You're like, I really want to see more of this person before this year is over.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is kind of because he was a pro bowler last year and Byron Murphy. But he just hasn't had the year he had two years ago. And granted that could be because it was a contract year and yeah, and now he's got the contract, the whole bit.
Speaker 4: But did you guys see speaking of that, I don't have the number in front of me. You know when they do the Pro Football Focus grades.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you see how low his grade was on Sunday?
Speaker 4: It was like one hundred and second bottom nine head he was easily when they were going through the defense. His number was almost the bottom of the league. And I'm like, man, is he had a terrible year, because that's not just like, oh he's taking a small step back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not coming. Focus is not the gospel, we get it, right, It's not like it.
Speaker 6: But he's just a Pro Bowl right now. You're you know, in the bottom of a list. It is like that's that speaks something. And that was shocking. Yeah, it was shocking to me too. So I'd like to see him finished the year strong, even though he's on a contract and we're going to have him for a while, but bring some confidence into the next year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you said all the time card that the uh why couldn't I think of it? Oh my god, please don't must say it all the time. The salary cap is a myth right. You can sign whoever you want it, whatever you want.
Speaker 8: You're like sixty three million over the cap, so they got to make.
Speaker 5: Some moves and have to. They can sign whoever they want.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it'll be it'll be a fun off season because I don't know what what they'll do with Teach Hawkinson. He's paid a lot of money. I think he's eighteen million on the cap or whatever. So we'll see what happens in the coming weeks and months here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they love Josh Oliver just as yeah, just as much so. And they traded a lot for t J. Hawkinson. I don't know if he'll be on the team next season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How does well Wes Phillips feel about Jena Naylor.
Speaker 11: He's smart, he knows he could he could step in at any at any second and played.
Speaker 5: The Z, the X, the F.
Speaker 11: He can play any of these positions. He could probably figure out if you just threw him in at why if we went kind of four wides, I'm sure he would know what to do in that instance.
Speaker 5: He just.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's just a good player who's who's worked hard over time and then finally gotten his his opportunities.
Speaker 1: We could throw him into the trip das well put him upside down in the program.
Speaker 5: Boxer that that was English? What right? Language? That crazy? Hey? Now that now that Adam Dealing.
Speaker 4: Is in Pittsburgh, huh, somewhere around Pittsburgh, remember saw somewhere in there.
Speaker 5: Somewhere in pittsburgh's the best? Uh?
Speaker 4: Should we find more targets for ty Felt in these last three games?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think you need to you can catch. I think you need to see what you have in him. Obviously, you spend a third round pick on him, and he's basically a gunner on specialty this season.
Speaker 4: To catches nineteen yards, yeah, yeah, that's not a whole lot to hang your head on.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, I mean that's obviously a key. But then there's there's the whole bit with JJ and JJ you know, in Justin and trying to find that connection, and it's just it's fun to watch. I mean, it's not fun because it's you want Justin Jefferson with the ball in his hands, but it's fun to kind of see the dynamic like they're really trying to make it work, Like you can see the conversations they're having on the sideline, like he guns that all them in the back of the end zone doesn't.
Speaker 5: Catch it, Like they're really trying to make it work.
Speaker 6: So I'd like to see that as well, just that connection kind of starting to click.
Speaker 5: Maybe eight or nine receptions in a game steal a show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he broke this down a little bit yesterday, but justin Jefferson is at eight hundred and thirty two yards and Koc made it very clearly today he is not going to be happy if Jefferson comes up short of a thousand, Like they're gonna do everything they can to make sure that, you know, now lost season, that he gets to one thousand for whatever reason. Saw us your thoughts on one hundred and sixty eight more yards in three games over or under.
Speaker 8: Hogs Dad, and a really good point when we were doing the pregame on Sunday that they don't need to force the ball to him just to you know, make him happy, which I don't know if you have to, because of how good of an attitude he's had these last couple of games. I think that is almost if you don't get a big chunk of it on Sunday. It's gonna be tough because you're gonna play a team next week that has everything to play for, probably their playoff line in in the Lions, And depending on how this game goes against the Bears on Sunday or Saturday night with the Pack, they will probably be either playing for the seventh seed or out on the last Sunday of the game or last Sunday of the season. It's gonna be a tough spot. I don't know if he can get it.
Speaker 2: Answer your question, I bet he does. In fact, you know, obviously it all depends on the quarterback. But if we've known anything about JJ, he plays better against the best. I bet he gets there with bells on. I bet he gets there with one with one game to go.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll take that bet. Nope, he's gonna get it. You know what's nut?
Speaker 4: Still think about that with one hundred and sixty eight yards to go, so he would need to average eighty plus right to get there in the the next two games. That is for his career, it's at like ninety six a game. It's the most in that that would be such an easy over in any other year, but this one, Like I get one hundred and sixty eight this week, right, Like that's how good he is?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: But you don't you think he's gonna slightly get it over the next three weeks, or you don't think he's gonna get it at all.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think I think he'll get a big chunk of it on Sunday. I don't know about the next couple of games.
Speaker 4: You know, I've said for weeks now I'm gonna pull back on sports betting because I just don't pay attention.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you hate us, but I do it, But I do it.
Speaker 4: I do feel confident that he will get over a thousand yards this year. Do it. So if you think he's going under one sixty eight for the final three, I will take that bet.
Speaker 5: I'm wanted the final two for the next two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's not it's it's will he gets to one thousand on the year. And you think it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Tough, Come on, Saucy, he's been You've been begging him.
Speaker 5: He's now I'll take the under.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say more, what do you What's what's Parker winking at?
Speaker 5: Over there? I was trying to get I was trying to get.
Speaker 4: Him to do it. So you're in, Yeah, you don't think he's going to get to a thousand? No, okay, what's the best one hundred bucks?
Speaker 5: That's it. Yeah, you don't gamble Now. All of a sudden, you get back in and you're like, wants to go big? Yeah, deal, got the itch, got a scratch. I think it's going to be like this.
Speaker 1: He's back late and gentlemen.
Speaker 5: I just you know, you just like cheering against Minnesota teams. You don't. You just don't like when they succeed.
Speaker 8: I don't cheer against the wild I don't cheer against the Frost Nice.
Speaker 5: You don't even know who they're playing. They're playing, not the Scepters of Cambridge.
Speaker 1: Can I can I tell you guys a fun story.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear. It's football related. It's in regards to Philip Rivers. This is from bro Bible. In two thousand and six, the NFL Players Association came to an agreement with the league that stated players who are on a roster for three seasons receive health insurance for five seasons after they retire. During those five years, retired players can obtain health and dental insurance for two adults and any qualifying children. Rivers was set to lose his privileges in August. However, by returning to the NFL, Rivers now extends this coverage for five more years from the time he place. Now, you might be saying, but he made two hundred million dollars in his career. Normally you'd be right, But Philip and his wife have ten children ranging from twenty three to two, did they really? His oldest Tally is still eligible for health insurance through the NFL for another three years. So yes, Rivers may love playing football, but he's also a shrewd businessman.
Speaker 4: So Ben Maller broke this down when I was driving in and Ben said that it's sent it around sixty thousand dollars a year he's going to save by having this insurance. I don't care how much he's spent of the money he's made in his career. If he's worried about sixty K, he's in big trouble.
Speaker 8: If you made over one hundred million dollars, hoey, you got to go back and play right.
Speaker 5: When you're worried.
Speaker 4: About sixty K, then what has gone wrong with his finances in the last handful of years.
Speaker 2: And admittedly I see what you're saying, but also I see a guy who might still think he can play and obviously can you know, yeah, and if he can go back in there and save that money and get to play a little bit and make some money, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I still think the coolest angle on Philip Rivers, and this kind of blows my mind is he was in college playing football when Bill Clinton was still president.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 4: Isn't that nuts? That's crazy because because Clinton was president until January of one, Oh yeah right, and Bush took over, and Philip Rivers was at NC State in two thousand and Clinton was still president in two thousand, so he was playing college football during the Clinton Administration's good and now he's playing NFL football still in twenty twenty five. Fieber loves him. Everybody loves Philip Rivers. I guess he's a great dude.
Speaker 5: Yeahfe loves him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does not love condoms.
Speaker 5: His kids are all in a Catholic private school that he I think owns. I think she owns it or teaches.
Speaker 8: At it or something. I think he might own it, because what did he teach? Jim p just want to.
Speaker 5: Be sounded like biology.
Speaker 8: I think he owns that school or started it.
Speaker 1: Very private school. One kid named Jim.
Speaker 4: Jim so less right Fan five in a second, Taylor Heising in like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: Parker Fox is here, Mark Parrish is here. There's the powers. I want tot youow on the fan