Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The Pipes, Pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Domass, Domass.
Speaker 1: That's right, GoAhead, that's not the original man.
Speaker 2: Wow man breaked out. Look at him, he's crazy. Let's go toe. You said it, mon. I'd like to.
Speaker 3: See Paris one day, but for now, Philadelphia will.
Speaker 2: Do agun to you s Petro Say Monday and five se WLA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Dodgers off until Saturday. Game one of the National League Divisional Series will come from our Galpin Motors broadcast booth showhy Otani. We'll start Game one for the Dodgers. Expect Blake Snell and Yoshi Yamamoto to follow in games two and three. Between now and then, we do have some football, uh, and that will actually up between now and then after the Saturday game, we'll have football on Sunday. Chargers and Commanders will kick off at one twenty five pm on KFI AM six forty. What time do we start on Monday Monday? Well, well, I guess we don't know because it'll depend on what time the first pitch is for the cause that'll be game two Dodgers.
Speaker 3: So they haven't they haven't announced that yet. This has been scheduled talk. Yes, I believe the Petros and I.
Speaker 2: Believe we know that Mitchell. Game one is either three or three thirty eight on Saturday, depending if the Yankees or Red Sox went, But game two we do not know yet.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, stay tuned. Well we say tomorrow, I say, I say, I say what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll know by later on tonight. This Yankees Red Sox game is going on right now? What a game in the Bronx. When this thing is over, we'll know for sure, all.
Speaker 3: Right, fair enough, I mean, we're just trying to get it all figured out. We love the schedule. Yeah, well the schedule is a very important thing. And if we don't know the schedule, we.
Speaker 2: Don't know where to be went. You know, Dave barked at me yesterday morning. He came on with scam and I say, hey, Dave's I heard about that. And Dave will be on with petrol some money later he'll be out of Dodger Stadium. Well have pre imposting you? Oh there you go again, give it my schedule. I'm like, Dave, I'm trying to like let everybody know where we're gonna be. Yeah, from shit? Maybe come on, you give my schedule. And I'm like, all right, Dave's gonna go get a mile run in right now. No he's not, You're He might walk, yeah, at a brisk pace, but a run. He was getting a fancy coffee. Get my blue bottle though, My what blue bottle? Coffee? Blue bottle? Blue bottle? Is that a valley thing? It's a couple of them around. Okay, it's expensive coffee. Have you ever had it? I have? Is it better? Still? Paying off the payments for that call?
Speaker 4: Woah?
Speaker 2: How about that little payment plan?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 3: The air you want of Coffee's blue bottle. All right, Well, David Vasse not on today, but we have Ryan Spilborg's in the very next segment.
Speaker 6: Spilly, as he is seemingly seemed a lot of baseball talk from him, MLB and the serious ex MMLB and the Apple TV Friday Night Game of the Week.
Speaker 3: So he will join us and we'll get a little bit of a national perspective on him. And I got to be honest, Matt, A lot of people I don't think the Dodgers match up that well against the Phillies. And I heard something like that being said here on the Pettersen Money Show when the playoff seating was being discussed earlier last month.
Speaker 2: There was the idea that if the Dodgers slipped out of the NL West Division Crown Race, that maybe a path through Chicago and Milwaukee would be somewhat easier, might lend to a better matchup than the Phillies in a short series as opposed to a full seven gamer see the Phillies and the seven gamer instead of the five gamer was kind of the thought there. But you know, that was before we saw how well the Dodgers were playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was.
Speaker 1: Before we saw Roki Sasaki out there exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, now everything's changed, everything has changed for the better, Brentillon, anytime.
Speaker 3: Until we see something different, Well that is the Rick Monday attitude. You know that you're going to have to play them eventually, probably, so why not just play them right now and prove yourself on the field of battle?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Can you prove yourself on the field of battle? And that that is the question that we will find out. While we make a lot of money in playoff revenue on LA Sports, your home of the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, well we make a lot, but we spend a lot on Sweet Life food too. I was dumbfounded, just like one thousand dollars for chicken wings, just blown away by how much that food costs. Yeah, they really the corporate menu is different than the individual you know, and when when they're asking for corporate donations, you know, get the idea why.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers and every other franchise and college sports team, I mean, you get the idea why they knock down the Boise State seating capacity two thousand seats to add more suites because it feels like, you know, getting somebody to pay fifty bucks for a seat and buy one hot dog is a lot different than being able to charge people one thousand dollars for some a plate of wings that you could get at September's for you know, twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: It's something. It's the uh. It's the equivalent of buying a ticket to a charity fundraiser versus buying a table. Hey, the company bought a table. Well it was the table that's five grand. How much was the individual ticket twenty five bucks. It's just for whatever reason, you're going to the same place, you're eating the same stuff. But the second the corporation is attached, it changes the calculus considerably.
Speaker 3: Well, Matt, with all this play by play going on, we like to deliver great sports talk to the people. Sometimes sports talk a little bit of counter programming, And like I said for the four hour show, I am ready with a film noir, corners, film no wal.
Speaker 2: They'll be too sure. I'm going to be as I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 4: I thought a reputation might be good business.
Speaker 2: Is it again?
Speaker 1: Petrols Some saying that this is the greatest movie based in Seattle ever.
Speaker 2: Singles.
Speaker 3: This is not singles, but that is a good Seattle movie. Scorchy from nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 2: Is it a good movie? No, so it's not the best movie.
Speaker 3: Well that people, the Seattle people have said that just because of the scenery around Seattle and the nostalgia that nineteen seventies Seattle brings to the people of Seattle or the Sea Tac area, if that makes sense. Okay, And we got the Mariners with their own world series hopes thinking about a matchup with the Dodgers after it's all said and done.
Speaker 2: A West Coast World Series would be sweet.
Speaker 3: Great chases in this around the Monorail Mount, Lake Bridge, Sea Tac Airport, the Kingdome, Scorchy stars Connie Stevens. That's her singing as a secret undercover DEA agent.
Speaker 2: She has her.
Speaker 3: Boobs out most of the time in the movie. She's very promiscuous. In fact, in this film she's mid copulating with a guy. Like I was in the middle of my USC story and I was yanked out of it to talk to Dalton Rushing. She's copulating with a guy while he shot with a spear gun and the small of his back.
Speaker 2: Oh, I believe Mark.
Speaker 3: This was supposed to be a comeback movie for Connie. It wasn't, but the scene fans of Seattle in the seventies have kept this movie a cult classic for many years. It is also a great display of violence and death. Scorchy newly available on Amazon and lots of boob now Here's Scorchy. She's very irreverent talking to her her superior at the police office.
Speaker 1: I can trace this step to the last connection.
Speaker 3: It's taken me two years to get it this far.
Speaker 1: Come on, Frank, another two weeks isn't going to chill us.
Speaker 4: Come on, Jackie, You've been having the ball of your life the last two years, back and forth of Europe.
Speaker 3: Flying Philip and his wife, the jet set screwing. You know, Jackie, sometimes I'm not too damn sure that you remember.
Speaker 2: Your a cop. She farts. What I was gonna say?
Speaker 4: Oh I care?
Speaker 2: Is I heroine?
Speaker 6: You got it?
Speaker 3: Get your ass off my desk here, go on, get some sleep.
Speaker 2: You look like you know something.
Speaker 3: You're one of the last of the good guys, Frank, but you need him?
Speaker 5: What a good.
Speaker 1: You get out of here?
Speaker 5: Cheap?
Speaker 2: You're a fruitcake? You Okay?
Speaker 3: That is the kind of dialogue that I show up.
Speaker 2: I mean right, that is not what I was anticipating.
Speaker 3: Don't forget that you're a cop, and then she farts on him, and then she calls her a fruitcake bitch on the way.
Speaker 2: App that was a good fart too. It wasn't like a stamp, you know. They kind of gave you a little muffled. There's some clothes over that thing.
Speaker 3: She's on the desk. He's sitting on the desk, right, Get your ass off my desk. Very apropos for today.
Speaker 2: Mid copulation Spear of the Back.
Speaker 3: Farting on the desk Scorchy nineteen seventy six, star sing Connie Stevens and if you want to see what are boobs look like? They are out the nineteen ninety one action movie for our second film that had it all, Matt except for success. McBain, Oh do you remember McBain, Not the Simpsons, No, I remember McBain, Chris Walkin absolutely, Maria Conchita Alonso, the black swol guy from American Ninja. This film has many of.
Speaker 1: The action film tropes that we all learned. This is a song from the movie, which is odd. This film has all of the stuff that we really became accustomed to in.
Speaker 3: The eighties and nineties. A Vietnam Tiger cage, pow Mia Thing, top gun, Death from Above vibes South American revolution against a castro like comedy figure in Colombia. It's a very intense ride unless you're from our generation, and then you're very much used to it and ready for it all.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was a cable staple for about five years. You could find McBain on either Cinemax or the Movie Channel, one of those two.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of the movie, Christopher Walkin is in a tiger cage in or like a thunderdome in Vietnam, and this special group of Vietnam soldiers free him and some guys and they make a pact and he goes back to his life as a steel worker in Pittsburgh. And then one of those guys gets killed trying to create a revolution in Colombia, and that brings back this crew of now vigilantes ex Vietnam soldiers, and they try to overthrow a regime in Colombia with help from Maria Concito Alonzo. Chris Walkin is McBain.
Speaker 1: I usually avoid the trailers, but this trailer is so badass and so reminiscent of what we used to love and watch when it came to film, Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the trailer for nineteen ninety one's McBain.
Speaker 4: Friendship Loyalty, Honor Finch mcbab, mcbab A Time for Heroes. Christopher Walken, Maria Conchitita Alonso, mcbabe.
Speaker 2: Come yeah, it's like montage versus dialogue, Like, hey, we don't need any dialogue. It's straight montage voiceover action sequence. Let's go.
Speaker 3: I would watch that on the plane if I was the Dodgers headed out to Philly to pump me up. You know what I'm saying McMain. Yeah, it's a good one. We'll be back with more. Petro Send Money. Ryan's Bill Bargs will join us with what he thinks about the Dodgers and Phillies and the overall state of things. We are your Dodger Station with the Dodgers plan on Saturday, after eliminating the Reds and the wild card, on to the NLDS against the Phillies. Petrosen Money moving on to on m FI seventy LA Sports streamable on the iHeartRadio app or podcast that there as well.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you. This summer, make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple car Play or Android Auto.
Speaker 2: Road Trip all summer with LA Sports that show some money. Hey, M five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere uh on the iHeart Radio app. Your home of the defending World Series champion Dodgers advanced to the divisional round and you can hear those games. Remember on the iHeartRadio app. If you are in the Greater LA air and not near a television or the radio and you want to keep pace with what is happening in the postseason, the iHeartRadio app in the A five to seventy LA Sports tab is your ticket to that entertainment.
Speaker 3: Joining us now, we're so happy to have him on to help us with some baseball perspective, and he's always so good to us. Joined us maybe three times a year, serious exam MLB Radio, Apple TV Friday Night on the Game of the Week and does a wonderful job as a man of the sport of baseball. A former Rocky brings humor and perspective with the Dodgers on a collision course with the Phillies. That's what we want from him joining us on your Southern California Toyota Dealer celebrity hotline.
Speaker 2: It is Ryan.
Speaker 3: Spilbour's also known as Spilly Spilling on the Petrosen Money Show. What's Greging?
Speaker 1: Ryan?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 5: I every time I get on your program. I have a bunch of friends that live in in La County that either went to high school or college at UCSP that always give me a shout out. So I appreciate coming on three times a year and high up my buddies in SOCOU.
Speaker 3: We can work something out, Billy. I mean, if you want to work it out, you Yeah, I get the UCSB, you know, extension to sponsor it and really get going here.
Speaker 2: But were you?
Speaker 3: A lot of these wild card matchups are a struggle, but the Dodgers seem to have their way with the Cincinnati Reds. Is that just more to do with the matchup or more to do with the Dodgers flipping a switch for the postseason.
Speaker 5: I think it's a couple of things. So there's been a lot more parody in baseball last couple of years. This wild card you know, format is actually pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: About it. I think you know, when you saw the very first year you had teams that were on the buy and they all got knocked out. Everybody was like, oh my god, it's it's it's off. You know, you lose momentum for a baseball season. I'm like, see it, guys, like just give It was the first year, and what we see now, this is the year four of the format. Two out of three World Series winners have had the buy. So the buy actually benefits the teams that can reload and put themselves in a position to win. Now do I believe in momentum one hundred percent. I do, But I also believe in in strength of bullpen and making sure you have a fully loaded team. So what I've seen from the Dodgers in the last three weeks, I mean, you're starting to get full health. You know, see Max Munsey key k back. I love the story of Mookie Bets. Like in August, after watching Mookie, you know, just seeing the numbers, I was like, this is the first time in his career that MOOKI wasn't going to be an eight hundred ops player. And I suggested, you know, like when he was a sub seven hundred ops. I was like, man, he's playing such a great defense at short. We know the guy lost fifteen pounds before the start of the season, didn't go on the IL, and then played this year, and of course, like I think physically that had some impact on him. And I just suggest I was like, you need to figure out ways to load up the lineup so you can get Moro Tani with guys on base. And I was like, dude, you should just move Mooki down to the ninth spot for a little bit to give him a breather and you know, let him catch up, give him a little space. And the Dodgers clearly they didn't do that, and I heard the story about how Mooky and Dave they did. They were like, hey, stop worrying about trying to catch your numbers for this year. Just go out and have fun. And I think what we've seen from Mooki basically since like mid August to today is Mooki's having fun, Mooki's swings locked in. And I think that all benefits to how the Dodgers are playing it because when you have show, hey, Mooki and Freddy with the Cassie characters, because the bottom of the lineup for a while was really bad. The Dodgers are in a great spot right now with health playing well, some momentum to kind of go on a nice little run right.
Speaker 2: Here, Spilly. We were talking about this a little bit earlier, and it's probably fan stuff, but watching Roki Sasaki last night was just such an exhale trying to figure out the Phillies are good. If it's the Brewers or the Cubs or the Padres, they're good. The World Series, someone will be good, Like who the hell is gonna get the last three outs? And just not only getting the last three outs, but the manner in which he got them. It just felt like a huge exhale, like, Okay, you can figure out the rest of it, but if that's what it's going to look like, man, do you feel a lot better about this team than you did prior to seeing that? Is that prisoner of the moment or is there possibly something to that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say prisoner of the moment, just because I think he got a couple of things here. The game, the magnitude, it was at Dodger Stadium, it was up, you know, a couple of runs there. It's great to see it, and there's no question that like seeing his stuff the way that it was working. You know, we talked about this today on radio. You know, it's a thirteen mile an hour separator between his fastball and the split finger, and the split finger has one of the lowes spin rates in baseball. It's basically a knuckleball. It's an eighty eight mile hour knuckleball, thirteen miles an hour. To give you guys like perspective on how much distance a hitter can cover. The average swing is like even point two feet. So when you're talking about thirteen miles an hour, that's about ten to twelve feet of separation between the fastball and the splitt and that just means zero marchin prayer. As a hitter, you have to get that's swinging miss stuff, that's lights out stuff that's like, you know, good morning, good afternoon, good night, like see you later. But here's here's why I say it's prisoner. The moment you saw him doing one specific the variables were favorable. You know, this is in a hostile environment. This isn't seen you know, the Phillies second time through in the series with you know, back to backs. I don't know that Roki can do that. I don't know with some of the starters that are in the bullpen how that's gonna work. And I'll ask you you guys this. You look at the Dodger's bullpen. How many pictures are in the trust tree? How many pictures when they come out out of the pen that you're like, hell, yeah, like that's it out? Count them up? There's eight guys, Robert like, yes, because you need six. You need six in the postseason to feel confident that you're going to get out.
Speaker 2: So I guess to try to play the prisoner or the moment thing. How big of an issue is it? Do do you feel like they have one if the stuff is that good? Or like, are we feeling good about trying after getting that out in a high leverage situation, like because it doesn't seem like if they don't have it, it's sustainable, not against the lineup of Philadelphia. So how big of an issue is it? And how close do you think they might be to getting that thing figured out? If at all?
Speaker 5: I think the problem that you have is that it's it's still there's still a lot of question marks there. There's a lot of flags that I mean, like, do I trust that's he had the most? Probably? I mean, you know, going down the stretch with Tanner Scott, and you know, I've covered the Dodgers for so many years and really we saw them down the stretch with with the Rockies coming to call, coming to town. Like the regular season has no impact on what's going to happen in the postseason. You get hot, you get hot, like it doesn't matter. But the problem that you have is that you still have question marks. You know, Dave's not fully sure what he has, Like are you really going to throw Rookie Sasaki in the in the bottom of the ninth inning? You know, fishing Schworb and Harper, Like, are you really going to throw them there? Or are you going to throw Tanner Scott? Are you through alex Vesia? Do you feel confident with Blake Trenton? Like, like, is Emachan gonna be a bridge reliever for you? Are you really gonna use Tyler Glass now out of the bullpen? Or are you going to keep them back to a starter now that you're back to a five game series, Like there's a bunch of questions that I honestly don't have answers to and I guarantee you if we have Dave or if we ask Andrew Friedman or Brandeck Gomes, like, Hey, who do you feel like is aside relievers that use multipays in leverage situations, I don't think they're gonna have a solid interting. I think you might even get multiple answers.
Speaker 1: Very interesting stuff from Spilly and a lot of questions, more questions and answers when it comes to the postseason.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt about that. But what is it that makes the Phillies so formidable Because there's been a lot of Dodger people that that were what we're trying to or hinting toward avoiding this matchup?
Speaker 5: Why I feel like they're a little bit of the team of destiny. Uh this year if they know that there's any sort of outside of you know, Shore is a free agent after this year, Regress is a is a free agent after this heat.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know this team kind of feel, you know, in a way the last dance, last hurrah with this with this roster guaranteed as it is, and you know you have players that are feeling that you know, they they haven't gone to the world series they've got. You know, they went a couple of years ago, they've gone backwards. You know, they've gotten knocked out earlier and earlier in rounds in the last couple of years, even though the record overall win record during the regular season has gotten better. And this would be a huge, huge dragon to sleigh if the Phillies can knock out the Dodgers. And and I'm with like, if I'm a Dodgers fan, this is not the matchup I want. Uh I rather I rather match up against the Padres. I rather I rather beat on them some more. The Phillies just feel as though, you know, especially with a little bit of an advantage at the gate, because I don't know what you're gonna get from Otani or Tony could throw six perfect innings or any can get knocked out in the third inning and then he get all the question marks. I just I just feel like Phillies understand that, you know, they there's just kind of it for them. You know, the Dodgers got the World Series last year. Not saying that they're less motivated by it, but there's a motivation, you know, when you're when you're the guy that's been knocked out to go out and finally knock out that guy that you're trying to beat. So I just feel like the Phillies are right there with maybe a greater sense of urgency just because they haven't been able to complete the task in the last five years.
Speaker 2: Last one Spilly you mentioned it there, you said Otani could go out throw six perfect as someone you know who played, who's been around great players, percentage of you that thinks the possibility that we might see the greatest performance by an athlete in the history of professional sports. If in fact that's what he does. If he's going to bang a couple home runs every series and pitch you know, to wins either once or twice per series, I would assume that's where this thing's gonna get filed, that this is the great and they win the World Series, right in likelihood that that's going to happen in an excitement level, that that's a possibility while we're alive to see it.
Speaker 5: I don't think Otani has to do anything. This postseason has changed my mind that he's the greatest player I've ever seen. I think he's the greatest player in the history of the game. I don't think there's any really retort to it. I mean, there's we're talking about. He leads a leader board in all these offensive categories. He was the first, you know MVP that was a DH. It's like, it's like everything that she does is elite. He's an elite starter. He started in game one, So it's not like he's a one trick Tony. Don't need him to throw six perfect innings and hit two homers to say that's that's the greatest player I've ever seen. He could strike out five times and get knocked out in the first and I'll still tell you you are never gonna see an Otani. There's never gonna be another.
Speaker 1: One like it.
Speaker 5: And I know we try to discredit it, and we you know that. You know a lot of people from outside, you know, they talk about Ruth and Maris and Mays and all the greats in the game. I'm not taking anything away from any of those guys. Bonds is still the best at ter I've ever seen, but overall, best player, most dynamic, it's shohey o'tani. And I don't think he has anything to prove to anybody how great he is.
Speaker 2: Well, neither does Spilly.
Speaker 3: Nothing to prove you can hear him do his tough on the MLB Network Radio of course XAM and the Apple TV Friday Night Game of the Week.
Speaker 2: There's nobody quite like him.
Speaker 1: In a shout out to all his boys from doubts h O Country, we appreciate you, Spilly, and thanks for doing it. Enjoy the rest of the postseason, and uh we'll see what happens. More questions and answers.
Speaker 5: Hollow boys love talking to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I ain't no hollerback girl. We're hollowback boys.
Speaker 1: I guess right, I suppose so we'll be right back with more great sports talk on AMBI seventy eight I s mart Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney, That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: That trow some money in five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeart radio app. Nothing tonight or tomorrow. Instead, we are getting ready for the Saturday contest Dodgers Phillies Game one of the nl DS show, Hal Tani will be the starter. And remember, even though there is not a game, you still get scam every morning six to nine AM as long as the Dodgers are alive in the playoffs, So tune in, Tim Kits. Steve Sack says, the Dodgers try to march their way to the first repeat championship in the World Series in a quarter century. And it starts Saturday in the divisional round from Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: And we're still reeling from David Vasse being blown like the shower and Club Paradise, which is a very obscure reference but still a very meaningful to many very important on our show, Dave was blown away. Yeah, Dave, you want an exclusive? And that is the screaming, unhinged voice of Blake Trinan, yeah saying yeah, Dave, you want an exclusive.
Speaker 2: And you wonder why we regularly point out that our intrepid Dodger reporter David Vesse is the best in the damn business.
Speaker 3: Now, what happened when they clenched the division Clayton Kershaw said, I barely want pants.
Speaker 2: Dave, Yeah, he threw his shirt on top of it. They took his shirt off and threw it at Dave's face, planted it on his head, and now drying with the fire hose of champagne while screaming at him and cackling maniacally.
Speaker 3: Pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: To the embedded reporter that covers the team for a M five to seven e l A Sports and Spectrum Sports.
Speaker 3: He sounds like the guy Miani and the water boy. It was like the train's coming through, true and then the water boys like you just sound like a big tutu train.
Speaker 7: Put him in a body bag, Johnny, Yeah, let me walk in like a rooster.
Speaker 8: Oh that also, I am stylin seven innings, nine strikeouts, winning Game one.
Speaker 5: Whoa, that's right, snail Zilla baby.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're dating ourselves with all these references. But remember that remember that commercial where the guy pulls up to pick up the other guy for the game, and the dude like has like a rainbow like painted and the giant fro and like just dressed up like a crazy fan doing and he likes like doing a weird walking dance to the car and the car just takes off.
Speaker 2: That's like the vibe Dave had walking in just when he when he saw roster. When he saw it, he was like, I didn't think it would look like that. It's like, yeah, that's what it looks like. David walk in like a rooster.
Speaker 8: I am stylin seven innings, nine strikeouts, winning Game one.
Speaker 2: Whoa, that's right, hello Zilla baby exclusively. I don't know what's gonna happen in Game two. Blow off right off. I can't get off of it.
Speaker 3: I really can't.
Speaker 2: Oh my thank god. It is time for his secret text. So sol rodeo around us.
Speaker 8: Secret text us A fine brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Dalton Rushing really had some stuff to say. Thank god you got cut off in your USC analysis so we could hear him reply with the most generic middle of the road answers, just like every other freaking baseball player. Amazing way to go Kate's and that he does in parentheses, long fart noise. Now, look, I don't feel that way. We're at we are at Dodger Stadium to talk to Dodger people. The Dodger people are on the field. We asked for a catcher. Kate's has had a real love affair, the real boner from Afar with rort Vet, and he couldn't get Rortvet because they announced that he was catching in the game and that worked out well obviously for Yamamoto and the Dodgers. So instead we got Dalton Rushing, who's a young guy. And you don't learn to do interviews with the Petrosen Money Show by not doing interviews with the Petrosen Money Show. So the first couple of times you come on, maybe you use some platitudes. You're standing down there in front of the whole media. We understand, and we were able to get the USC story in as well. Right, so what are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: Who's hurt? Who gets hurt? Nobody?
Speaker 3: Apparently that one Textoso guy.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine somebody sitting in the car waiting to go in their house, like, gosh, darn it, finish the SC story already. Well, why you don't think people care? People ask me about USC all the time to go there, Kates. I didn't think it was necessary to take a shot at the SE story. I've thought more like he was like, oh, cool, adult rushings on. I can't wait different this Dodger catcher try for that every time. I love the fact that they're carrying three of these playoffs.
Speaker 1: Tim Kates on Sports and at LA tonight, Damn Kates is working overtime.
Speaker 2: Yes he is. There is a there's a real concern that he is going to run out of gas. Here happened last year. He ran out of gas. I would say, right around the NLCS. Uh. He looked like walking dead.
Speaker 3: But did we go right into a weekend and we didn't have a wildcard last year, so they didn't do the wild card. Remember this is more it was the Spectrum Sport because you did the sports Net last year too. Kate's right, And I remember it was like the second day of that and you came in for our show and we were like, what the hell, dude, and you just say ah, I says sports Net LA last night, and as he was up at four and I was I couldn't take a nap when I got home, and yeah, it's it's look, Dodgers keep winning.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a real mess for Kates. But he makes makes his money in a three week window, you know, and if they're going to give him all three weeks, let's go get that cash. Believe it.
Speaker 3: Half the show better be about Dave getting a champagne Bookcocky, Yes, listen, we've done it. Okay, it just stop. We went porn free.
Speaker 2: You gotta keep going. It's insane. It's he's a thirty seven year old. It's not like it's you know, and Dave's fifty, right, it's a a fifty year old. That's why we're the toy department here on sports talk Radio. If there's a shooting, if there's something terrible that happens, everybody else has got to cover that. We just play the trying and.
Speaker 3: Sound the champagne back screaming at Dave. Yeah, do you want an exclusive? Yeah, Johnny, get him a body bet.
Speaker 1: All right, it is time for the next segment. We will move on and get to another hour or two of great sports talk. Great sports talk coming up next, Fun Fact Quit Kids, don McLean, Dead and Alive Guy Birthday in the day.
Speaker 3: Big thank you to Ryan Spilburg's joining us in the last segment. It's Petters and Money on AM five seventy LA Sports