Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts, Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app. Don't let the bastards grind you down.
Speaker 4: Bum Me yus. Petros and Money a five seventy LA Sports relive everywhere on the iHeartRadio. I have no Dodgers Today. Gallpin Ford Broadcast Booth will have Dodgers Braves best record in the National League Braves in town. That'll be tomorrow just after seven pm. Tonight, David Vesse will have Dodger Talk from seven until eight. Alex Vesia will be his guest. So we got your Dodger fix. Will come in the form of off day Dodger Talk, as it is an off day for the Dodgers. Man when there's an off day and they're in town. These guys really get around.
Speaker 3: Yeah they do. There are money making opportunities for an off day and every once in a while, money making opportunities for the franchise, like the.
Speaker 4: Gala at King Pong tournament.
Speaker 3: Yeah they use and you know, charity of course, but they use these off days as an opportunity of course. Of course, this one justin alex Vesia opportunity where he is with David Vassy at the Downey Hunday and good for them. And speaking of Downey, we are going to be in Downy a week from tomorrow for a extra long Petroson Money for those of you that thirst for a Petroson Money. Remote in a while, when we're at Dodger Stadium, we don't really get to interact with people. Were either interviewing players down on the field or in the special nobody's allowed in media room.
Speaker 4: If you're in the band air supply, we're going to interact with you. Yeah, well outside of that, I've seen that guy in years either.
Speaker 3: But the point is we will be back with the people a week from.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow Downy BJ's Restaurant in brew House. Like you said, it's been at least a month. We assume we'll have a slew of giveaways.
Speaker 3: It's been like six weeks, Matt, were we out in Crito's or someplace like that. Recently we really blew up.
Speaker 4: Oh No, Montabello, Manabeo. That was a great moment. Was it was so good. We had to take six weeks off so as to distance the remotes to honor our friends in Mountebello. For now we go back to Downey, So Downey on Friday, Dodger tickets, BJ's rest Winner brew House gifted Friday one week from Friday today, Downey Hunday, Dave and Alex Vessia a week from tomorrow, Petros and Money back at the Downy Bjays. We've been there before. Tight quarters, a real separation between church and state. We're up in the bar area and it's raised above the restaurant. Sometimes the restaurant tours kind of look up at us wondering what's going on, But.
Speaker 3: Just really depends. The one time we had really great attendance there are Pa broke and it was one of the terrible moments in the history of the show. It's like Dunkirk so for us, and now we're headed back and we shall see how it goes.
Speaker 4: We want to see you there. We do, and we have stuff to give away, so that should be. And like you said, two o'clock start, early start. That's a flex alert, flex alert two o'clock to five thirty.
Speaker 3: So make your schedule, you downy hot rod types, you nineteen fifties greaser surf rockers, Hatfield.
Speaker 4: Did we reach out to Headfield? I Carley? Did we reach out to I Carley.
Speaker 3: Miranda Costgrove, the Downy High Vikings, the Warren Bears. We hope to see you there, and if you can't make it, at least listen to the show, live stream it or podcast it on the iHeartRadio app. Now this is today and tomorrow will be the two five. I don't know if this is an answer to competition in town or what the deal is, but today and tomorrow is going to be the last two days in our studio before before the big remodel.
Speaker 4: We just lamented our twenty plus year old TV, the VHS that was attached to it, the DVD player that nearly killed our producer Tim Kates when he tried to unplug it because of a power search. His right index finger is still numb, no feeling whatsoever. So the engineering department said, all right, we're tearing this whole place up, so they're going to take it down to the studs a total makeover. Are they taking it down to the studs?
Speaker 3: Is that what they told you?
Speaker 4: We're going to move a couple of walls. I'm gonna pop this one out, Okay, put a bay window in. I'm gonna get some nice playing you like a breakfast nook. Nice nook. But yeah, we've been told her out of here for a month.
Speaker 3: So that means and I know that people don't care about this, but we do. And this is some serious housekeeping that has to be done. We have our Santa Anita calendar, no, our Crito's calendar, our Crito's proclamation, our City of Irvine commendation, our black Sex position Capricorn poster.
Speaker 4: Our door, our door and are gong and our Tarantula Hill movie poster.
Speaker 3: From the PMS photoshop bandit and our no food in the Studio sign. All of those things, like the twelve Tribes of Israel leaving Egypt?
Speaker 4: Is that merman? That is a merman? I can move that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of those things have to be picked up, like the twelve tribes and moved out of Egypt. And do we have a plan for that? Tim, I mean you're kind of in charge of everything around here.
Speaker 4: No plan. Did you mention the door? I'm sorry? Yes, okay, you mentioned that, the big one. Well, that's gonna take two or three of it.
Speaker 3: Like well, when you think about how they carried Han Solo's body out when they froze.
Speaker 4: Harbonite, Yeah, you know what, I think it floated, To be honest with you, Yeah, that's how we're gonna do it. I got the pinchers. The pinchers are gonna grab and it just slides down the hallway.
Speaker 3: Where do we put the door?
Speaker 4: It's like a door in Monsters, inc. I think we put in our office, okay, even though we haven't occupied the office in years.
Speaker 3: And everything else. The gong, where does the gong go?
Speaker 4: The gong can go in the office. To the office is pretty clean. I think the gong should go in your studio. We need to we can bring it in because like we're gonna have to gong it out and it's plus you want to take it to the rub and tub? No, okay, hey, lizard, look what I can do.
Speaker 3: I don't need the Gong.
Speaker 4: Do you guys have any recommendations? I was asked just a few minutes ago if the guys have any suggestions for the studio. I think they like in their.
Speaker 3: Well, like considering that we had this same TV for twenty years.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna I think monitors are going on the wall. Yeah, right, it would be great. I believe the remodel is going to look like Kfi when they put all the TV they got, like the four TV's on the wall.
Speaker 3: Arm monitors are still going to be TV tubes They're gonna be It's just huge, like a giant wall.
Speaker 4: The dial that you have to change the channel?
Speaker 3: No, what, what do you know anything? Kates? Do you is there anything that you know that we don't know?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Would you like maybe electrical outlets closer so you can charge your phones and laptops easier so you're not stretched across the floor, and then get a bigger window, bigger window. Yep, No, No, can't do that. What Matt said they were going to pop out the wall. I thought we were taking it down to the studs. Only three of the four walls are going down to the studs. This wall is not that's for certain the key note. I'm the only one that gets to have the view of Ronnie, and I want Petros to have that view as well.
Speaker 3: Well. If Ronnie moves his head, I can see.
Speaker 4: Him when he leans over hard left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see him. I mean, we've been doing the show in this room for twenty years and it seems to have been working out okay. But anyway, there is going to be a redo of our studio. I'd like a better use of that space. Matt and I are going to be like Romany gypsies, sent out into the cold and damp, and we'll be doing the shows from home and from what remote studios here in the area.
Speaker 4: That is not confirmed yet. We were told today. We were accosted by engineers today and told you guys gonna be doing the show from home for the next month. Kate, Yeah, I don't know what's happening exactly. They're working on the connections between different studios here in the building. But Matt, I agree with you. That is a lot of empty vat space over here in the un and that's the size of a studio apartment in Manhattan, right and it's doing nothing except for sucking up half of our TV that we can't see. We could put a shower head there, right, let's do that. I wouldn't mind a nice shower. Do you show exactly? Do you guys want a higher desk? Do you like the lower sit down desk? What do you guys prefer? Oh the one that moves, Oh, the one that goes.
Speaker 2: Up and down?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ooh?
Speaker 4: Can I get a treadmill? I want to be able to jog? Gotcha? I want to be I want one of them walking treadmills so I can walk while I'm doing the work.
Speaker 3: Matt's jogging showering. It's become Jim Harbaugh's speaking office here. But anyway, that is a little bit of news. As far as our schedule goes. Today, we have Cliff Floyd. He's gonna talk some baseball with us from the MLB Network MLB Tonight, Cliff Floyd, the Great outfielder, will join us. Always an interesting conversation about baseball and national Baseball conversation. And then we'll have three things. Thursday, we will have Billy Zay.
Speaker 4: Look at this a rare in studio gaes. The early days of the Petros and Money Show were littered with in studio guys.
Speaker 3: And the whole station. You know, radio was different. Day kind of feels that way. You got Spencer Pratz soaka La Masuda down the hall.
Speaker 4: Just hanging out in the KFI green room, which is just they took out cubicles and call it a green room with Share sitting in.
Speaker 3: A folding chair in the middle of an empty room. It looks like the.
Speaker 4: Parallax view over this. It's quite depressing.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, radio used to be part of the car wash when when people were coming out with a new movie or a new album, they would go into their local radio stations and here's what flash, he's got the snake pit coming out.
Speaker 3: We got a lot going on though. Today night we got we got Billy's Am.
Speaker 4: Billy Freaking Zane is coming in studio because he's got a new film.
Speaker 3: He'd become his new vehicle of promotion, right Billy Billy's ain't trusts us?
Speaker 4: You know, Takeover is coming out with Quavo. Could he have gone on a zoom with Lebron, Sure, but instead he's coming on the Petrosen Money Show at five thirty PM. He's gonna be in seasons. In season two a stick which is a ti tim Cats Show, Big Hit on Apple TV with Owen Wilson.
Speaker 3: And that's the guy who said you should listen to your friend.
Speaker 4: Billy's a right old friends Owen and Bill walk So he's got a movie coming out Friday, that would be tomorrow the eighth, and then he's got the season two A Stick. I don't know if that's been announced when it's coming back yet, but it's a guy that's making moves around town, all right, and he's coming to the petros In Money Show to pedal his wares, and we feel pretty damn important.
Speaker 3: This will be the last thing he sees. This studio is going to be the last great actor we've had Harry Hamlin here we have. This will be the last great actor that's inside this studio until us Matt says, they rip it down to the studs.
Speaker 4: Charlie Murphy was here for an hour. That was a funny hour. It was a hilarious hour. So we're gonna keep him for a second. I think we have not. I think we have to.
Speaker 3: Well, we will have Billy zaying on, who's a good talker in the five o'clock hour. We'll try not to ask her about sports because he is a.
Speaker 4: Thespian, yes, classically trained a Thespians that's very serious about his acting. Now, I do have terrible news for you, Matt, and this is part of ourrible news is our our studio is being shut down. Well and even worse is Spencer Pratt's not coming on. I'm sure we would if we want to, So let's get him. I was just talking Dodgers with him in the hall. Oh yeah, No.
Speaker 3: This is bad news though, Matt, because you know, and it does speak to the fact that we kind of you know, Matt and I started this show twenty years ago, and we've always worked here, and one of us is under contract and then the other one, you know, they're they're they're uh tiered contracts. So when my contract's up, Matt still got a year and then, you know, so we work here. We are not independently wealthy like with the show, to where we could just buy stuff for the show like these YouTube guys like I'm gonna buy a big foot and making a boat. You know, we don't. We don't have that kind of financial and we are we are not nimble financially like some other even great sports talk radio shows.
Speaker 4: Not great sports talk great sports.
Speaker 3: Talk, but other sports talk radio shows. So Matt often pipe dreams as if we were going to make the money. Well, no, not just how we're gonna make the money, but we should buy this, we should buy that. Matt's often pipe dreaming with terrible ideas.
Speaker 4: I take offense to that you should maybe because some of them are great.
Speaker 3: You think of yourself as an idea mass some of them are terrible. None of these some of them are None of these ideas have ever come to fruition. And if we were say the Pat McAfee show or Barstool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then you bet your ass Olympic Village, the reality show is being made.
Speaker 3: Or Busting with the Boys, you know, any of these.
Speaker 4: You know, these guys that were just local AM radio has acts, right, So we don't have that ability. And here is a great example of the fact that we don't have that ability. Yesterday a story breaks that they're selling off the blue turf of Boise State. Now they are selling off big chunks, little chunks, chunks and rings. Someone abought four hundred square feet.
Speaker 3: For their whole backyard, right, And Matt was like, and it ties in with what we're doing today.
Speaker 4: We're doing the remodel. Let's see if they want to use the turf for our floor. Would make sense, great, great conversation piece. Right, We're twenty years as the Show of record, the sports show of Record in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: I've done at least twelve Boise State Bronco games over the year.
Speaker 4: I've done one, It's quite a while ago, but still one.
Speaker 3: I know Chris Peterson's phone number. Kate's likes the idea of Boise.
Speaker 4: We all do.
Speaker 3: Being white people, right, I don't we love Boise And Matt was like, we should do this and I was like, since Matt thought that they would donate it to us, sure, because we're great sports talk ohay.
Speaker 4: In southern California recruiting right makes sense.
Speaker 3: Today I saw first thing in the morning the barstool big Cat announce that he has already purchased a big chunk of the ten yard line and it is going to be installed in their office in July. Because they have the financial dexterity.
Speaker 4: We're idea then with no follow through exactly, and that's what they have that if we called somebody at the barstools sports book, that brings them millions upon millions of dollars right, and ill advised wagers from their listening audience. So they can just say, well, we don't need to reach out to the athletic department. We we'll just buy it.
Speaker 3: All we ask from our listening audience is maybe every once in a while they buy themselves some chicken fingers in a BJ Right. Our show is for free. We don't try to fleece your gambling addiction. But anyway, Yes, I just wanted to show. But doesn't it show you, matt that we lack the financial ability. We're not nimble enough to buy the del taco in Barstow. We're not giving us that we're not nimble enough.
Speaker 4: We just want one.
Speaker 3: We're just not no to travel to sochi or check the check man. We really are check the check to check to check operation. Now, we got this gong for free during the pandemic talimomited dot com Gong's unlimited in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Speaker 4: You're wearing a Strew shirt that was free. Yeah, I'm wearing a Travis Matthew polo. This was free when we got our that the sex poster was free. Yeah, our commonertificate of recognition, Yeah, commendation. But it shows levels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like if we were in the cliff houses in New Mexico or Colorado, Durango or something, you know, we'd be low low on the total.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have no view, and I just wanted to point that out to you. It really is. You're right. That is really upsetting because it was a good idea. I want you we're a sports show. I want you to stop to have the turf listen, stop your dreaming, start doing. No, you live in a little box. You just want me to stop dreaming. Let it go, Like instead of doing this dreaming, let act, let it go. Just stop.
Speaker 3: You're depressing our listeners this show up. It's depressing for our listeners to hear us. We sound like the We're like the Kid and Willie Walker before he got the Golden Ticket. We're like, oh man, that would be great to have that term. Should give it to us. Some rich guy goes and buys it and puts it in and then announces on Twitter to all his people that it's already been done and we are the ones that aren't accepting their lot.
Speaker 4: It was. It's just stole it from us. We can.
Speaker 3: But it's like in Rushmore when he realizes he gets depressed and he goes, you know what, I'm the son of a barber. That's we need.
Speaker 4: We are the sons of barber.
Speaker 3: We need to look in the mirror and say we never owned this show. We didn't create the Petris and Money sports talk empire when.
Speaker 4: Our window was open and we live here. Listen, if you guys want to roll the dice, roll the dice, all right, but number one, you're not taking the name number two. Okay.
Speaker 3: We were told we were. We were humiliated before. Humiliated often tried to make us feel as if we were not as valuable as we truly are. Like a hard working.
Speaker 4: House with what I'm gonna do is I'm going to add an hour under your show, and I'm will give you a twenty thousand dollars raise. How's that sound sounds like jackpod Boss, That's how it sounds.
Speaker 3: We haven't handled this as well as others. No, and that is why Matt and I are not able to buy the blue turf at Boise. And that is why I would like Matt to stop pipe dreaming about stuff that costs money. So when they lived, check to.
Speaker 4: Chat was a great idea, and had we seized the Ponnet in the moment, perhaps the athletic department would have responded to the email and given us the turf.
Speaker 3: Why would they donate the turf to us when they could sell it to Barstool.
Speaker 4: Barstool is in New York City that is not a recruiting hotbed for football, but a media capital it is, and I would imagine a lot of recruits perhaps followed the Barstool. It's possible they got boobs, boobling and drinks drinking.
Speaker 3: They have like a reality show of twenty somethings having sex with each other in Vegas. Yeah, and you know that was my idea to have a reality show called Scurvy where everybody don't nobody gets an Vitamin C and the last person to get scurvy is the winner. If we had the money, I would have produced Scurvy years ago, and.
Speaker 4: We would have gone bankrupt with it and this show off the air.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I hate to start out the day with a bummer, but.
Speaker 4: You know what, let's turn this frown upside down and let's use this opportunity with the Olympics coming in two years to once again push Petros and Money's Olympic village reality show.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's attractive former Olympians who are secluded.
Speaker 3: Even if you got that show made.
Speaker 4: Into an Olympic villaity with each other.
Speaker 3: Intellectual because we have no money, the intellectual property would be wrestled away from you. You would be bitter and angry, and it would just be another sticking point.
Speaker 4: I'll burn this place to exactly now. You like the guy with the stapler actually corrections and retractions that I Heeart would love The idea instead of you guys hosted Seacrest would.
Speaker 3: Be a great idea, great idea. You're out, Charlemagne the God. I'm a barber's son. Go look at.
Speaker 4: The son of a restaurant. I'm the son of Go look at it.
Speaker 3: Go look in the mirror and say you're a barber's son. Stop with the pipe dreaming, Matt. I'm effing tired of it. Oh we should buy this. Oh we should buy that. We should God damn it. We'll be right back with It's Spencer Pratt in here. He's got money. Give us some of that campaign money.
Speaker 4: It to us, Pratt. We'll be your consultant.
Speaker 3: Look, we deserve it. We've been doing this twenty years.
Speaker 4: Watch how we get you elected. Watch this. You need some sports radio talk style in your campaign.
Speaker 3: What we did for Giuliani. That's right. We'll be back with more petrols and money on a five seventy LA sport.
Speaker 2: This is Petros and money on demand. Demand demand Petro some money.
Speaker 4: Hang on five seventy ELA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Off day today for the Dodgers, but tomorrow Big one. The Braves are in town for a three gamer at Dodger Stadium, coming off a two out of three victory series against the Astros, p something they needed desperately after the way that road trip started in Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: And joining us right now on your Toyota SoCal Dealers Celebrity Hotline is a great analyst and a former great player, an All Star Old Series champ with the Marlins. He's soared with the Marlins, seventeen seasons in the big leagues, putting together a great career with the Expos, the Fish, the Red Sox, the Mets, the Cubs, the Rays, which is a different kind of sea creature than the Patras.
Speaker 4: You see him now on your.
Speaker 3: Screen on the MLB Network MLB Tonight nobody does a better job than Cliff Floyd and here with a quarter of the season over, he joins us to discuss some big national picture topics on the Pettersen Money Show. What's cracking, Cliff? How are you great? To have you on? Oh man?
Speaker 4: All was good.
Speaker 5: I love the music, love the intro.
Speaker 3: You deserve a Cliff, you know, I mean, you take time out of your day. We're not just gonna bring you on and just pepper you like like, you know, you deserve a little bit of a you know, a little bit of fanfare on your way into the restaurant before we sit you down and put the napkin on your lap. It. I love it, tell us Cliff, you know, because we're the Dodger station here, so obviously very spoiled. In the last two years have been like a dream. And then there's a lot of world series and a lot of great competition over the last ten years. Did you think the Dodgers start would be like this? It always feels like, no matter what the expectations are, they having up and down style road. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't expect it to be like this. I think everybody gave them one hundred and you know, twenty wins. You know, in spring training it was like, well forty five their time and figure it out. Yeah, one forty you know what I mean. So it's like Dad, they'll take their time and everybody will chill out and everybody just, you know, breathe a little bit. But if you look at who they facing the Rold Series Toronto, they're going through it right. A lot happens when you have guys on il Man and you guys.
Speaker 4: Have seen it.
Speaker 5: You guys have probably not dealt with as much at versu as some of these other teams. But somehow I know that the Dodgers always been able to figure it out on the flock. And this year I'm not saying they ain't going anywhere, because it seems like every time they have something that you know, jumps off, it's like, well, the Padres are behind them, But it feels like the Padres are ten games always as opposed to two or one and a half is for for some odd reason, they just it's just a slow grind for them. But you are missing some key pieces that you have to keep an eye on, you know, as we jump into May and like it's a long season, but you still have to keep your eye on what's been going on of late of just the I L and you have some guys, you know, on rehab assignments that's coming back, Snail being one. But can you get Mookie back? Can get these guys back and feel good about, you know, moving forward and having these guys on the ross and helping you win some ball games?
Speaker 4: Is that your cliff kind of you know, early season, Freddy usually takes a second to get rolling mookies kind of back, like or is that maybe a bigger like, Hey, these guys are getting kind of old. These guys have played a lot of baseball, and they've been to the World Series and back to back years. Like, I don't know, if you had to split it into percentages, is there a higher percentage that you're concerned that maybe these guys are getting a little bit old and that's why that bottom of the lineup with the young guys is producing seemingly a little bit more now than the top or is it just kind of the way the season plays out.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it's a little bit of both, right, So I'm not really ready to be like, yeah, these guys are old because I look at certain teams one being probably of the Phillies are probably the oldest team, if I'm not mistaken, in the league. They close and if you look at the Phillies just until recently, they started bawling like I don't know what happens when the older guys tend to take a little bit, you know, more time. Because you can have an excuse for the Phillies. It's cold and April so on and so forth. They ain't cold in LA and they might be getting a little older. But at some point you're gonna have to utilize the youngsters. You gonna the supporting cast. Dudes have to play and if you get that, if you get that contribution, then everything kind of falls into place. I love what Andy Pyez is right now. We talked about this morning on the show. D Row went in and depth and just his his his you know, masturation, his maturity and everything about what he's had it and what he's done this season has been phenomenal to watch after what he endured in the World Series right and riding the bench, coming in for the greatest catch prior of his career. But when you think about him and where he's at, you don't need these dudes and I'm not saying I'm not giving them you know, the the you know the crutch right now, I'm just saying, until the Padres are win that that division by ten games, by winning that division by eight games, ten games, I'm I'm I'm sorry. I'm not ready to relinquish anything that Dodds has done. Uh thus far?
Speaker 4: What do you make of kind of the way there? You know, because it seems like it's a thing. It's now happened more than once. Of not hitting Otani when he's pitching.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, Tani says, it's not fatigue. I don't know how you can't. At some point, right at least with him, you have to say I'm gonna protect the player from himself because he wants to do it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I know, a Tony can walk into the offin and say, hey, I'm kind of running the show and I'm not disrespecting Dave Roberts by any means. But O'tani is different. He's one of one. I think you have to look at the big picture. And I'll go back to what I say. I mean, yes, he's incredible. Yes, the ability and all everything we talk about with him is there, But don't you have to protect him at some point from something I think you do. That's just me as a former player, grinding in the cage, grinding, grinding, grinding, you know, playing both sides of the ball as an outpha or maybe not getting one ball a game, maybe getting two balls a game, not throwing, getting big le heres out and then trying to hit ninety five ninety six. When you look at him, he don't look tired. But I think you have to protect what we've seen in the past from him. You know, he's going through to Tommy Jones like this is Yeah, I get it. People might think that, oh, it'll be great if he wins a SI Young, but is it about championships of Siones. If you ask him, I think he will say championships.
Speaker 3: Cliff Flood is our guest m malb Network. It's an interesting thing, you say, Cliff, because Otani's pretty much signed up until he's eighty years old with the So what do you think it's gonna look like? You know, in three or four years, do you think there'll be a wall that this guy hits. I mean, I remember back in the day we're talking about Mike Trout might be the greatest player ever and certainly we're not having those conversations anymore. And he was a guy who signed a really long term deal. What is it's gonna happen? What do you think it's gonna be in a few years?
Speaker 2: Well, Wall is coming.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you know, if it's a big ones, there's a buzz saw, Like, I don't know what's happening. But you you have to as every player. And I'm not only even gonna mention Dwyane, you know, dine down and like you know, coming to an end out. What I'm saying is, how do we maximize what he brings to that organization, you know, to the game of baseball? How do you maximize that? I think durability is something that I would I love talking about because I wasn't the durable guy that I wanted to be. And when you're not available, it's there's your there's your answer, right, Like I wasn't available enough to speak on like, well you got to be you know, you gotta post, you gotta post. I commend dudes that post. I love dudes that go out there and you can look at their track worker and say, well he's posted for the last three four years and one to fifty plus one fifty five plus. I need that dude on my team. How do you get that out of old timey you? For me to watch that game consistently every night he pitches when I'm up. You know, I'm fifty three years old now and been out the game for a while. For me to watch that game late at night on West Coast. Oh, tiny needs a band lineup. I need to see him playing none against other dudes. But he's just a difference maker like that. For me to watch that game and watch what he's doing, and everybody's mentioning Unicorn and all these things, and it's great. I think it's phenomenal. Yes, he's going the Hall of Fame. I think it's great. But how do you maximize for that team moving forward? If you want to throw in the contract, cool, how do you get that? How do you get the best out of that? And that's protecting him from some sort of whatever it is, maybe not hitting as much, maybe you know, every sixth day, maybe missing the start, whatever it is. It's important to to you know, listen to and it's important for a tiny to be truthful to them and say, hey, man, I'm feeling a little you know, fatigue, you know, a dead arm, whatever case may be. And if that's the case, then I know for a fact Dave Robinson and the whole organization will protect that. But he has to be truthful in making sure that they stay on top of anything or everything that happens for him moving forward, because he's that important to not just their winning, but just the overall fan base on what they mean, you know, what he means to la What do.
Speaker 4: You make of just kind of the because they've showed patience with pie Has last year, right in the playoffs he went through like a yeah, three for forty five slump. But you know, we're watching hay Son Kim and we're watching Alex Friedland and some of these young players, and out here we're just so used to well, you know they're going to be on that plane to Oklahoma City, you know when so and so when Mookie gets back and say thing like Kyle Hurd, he's going to be gone when Snell gets back. Is what do you think the balance is for the front office to try to give these guys, these young players, as much rope as they can and much opportunity as they can to prove that they're everyday big leaguers. I'll still kind of having this older roster and feeling the need to you know, win every game and win a World Series. Is that a tough thing to balance? And do you think they're doing a good job of it.
Speaker 5: I do think they're doing a good job of it. Is it tough to balance? Absolutely, because you do have these guys coming back and you know, I think the one thing I've seen and dealt with or you know, of course with twenty plus years, is too you won't be the first, definitely won't be the last that happened to have going back to Oklahoma City or dealing with you know, whether you're playing well and you might have to show an end of the stick and have to go back to Triple A for a little bit, you know, but you always about leaving the last impression on that organization to let them know that you can play at the big league level. It's about consistency, or it's about understanding the role that has changed for you as a player when you get to the big leagues. Right, it's not going to be the position that you came up with. May it might it might be something totally different, and you have to make that adjustment on the fly. So I think when you look at these dudes getting, you know, an opportunity, one of the one of the best things. One of the coaches says me a long time ago. He was like, it's free. Like what you mean, coaches, it's free. The opportunity is free, it's air, an opportunity. Take advantage of it. Don't put pressure on yourself. Play the game you can, and doctors watching the whole everybody's watching, and you Freeman's watch.
Speaker 3: Everybody's watching.
Speaker 5: And it's about the little things you bring to the team that's going to take that team, you know, to the top. It's never about the big things. If you bring the big things, three homers, cool, that's cool. But if you can make a play, if you can get that pressures out that you need, if you can do some of the little things, then you're always being the hunt of being on you know, on that roster. Uh you know when when when time b towards the postseason. That to me is how you establish yourself as a youngster, especially on really good teams, on teams that are just you know, fighting for you know, just to stay above water. To stay above five hundred. That do opportunity is going to last for one hundred and fifty plus games. You're going to get the ride out and get your feet up on you. You don't get that luxury on good teams at times. So I think Doc and those guys have done a good job of just, you know, allowing these dudes to play their games, get their feet wet a little bit, and then say, hey, you know what's coming, So just prepare yourself for this. But give me what you've got right now, and I guarantee your time of come and get the great.
Speaker 3: Cliff Floyd is our guest from the MLB Network. Before we let you go, Cliff got to ask you, you know what, Dodgers, notwithstanding I know the Mets are terrible and Philly's old. Like you said, the Braves are coming to town. They've been good. What's been the biggest surprise to you in the first quarter of the season here?
Speaker 5: So, you know what, I love a lot of teams that are that are fighting right. I mean, it's it's just when you look at the Oakland, you know they're coming. Well, I say Sacramento as I'll get caught up every once in a while call Oakland, but the Sacramento I am surprised by the Cubs and what they've been able to do without having starting pitching. Right when you lose a Cade Horton, a Justin Steele, you know, now, Matthew Boyd, you have a revamped bullpen and you're doing what you're doing the last three days to the cisin ires, who are real in my opinion, that that is phenomenal. I mean, listen, I expected the Cubs to probably win that in L Central, but to do it without pitching, And I've always said, if you don't have pitching, you're probably gonna come up last. They've shot me. But I think in L Central is one division. While I'm looking at going Wow, I inspect all these teams to be five hundred above.
Speaker 4: He's the best. Should we get him a couple times a year and we're better for it. Our listeners can revel in the Baseball Conversation seventeen seasons in the Big League's World Series Champion. You watch them on MLB Network. We love mb Tonight and we love chatting with the guys that make that show as great as it is. Here on the Home of the Day, Rogers Cliff, we appreciate it, have a great one and we look forward to talking again soon, no doubt fail.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: There we go, Cliff Floyd, and we will be right back with more Petros and Money on AM five seventy LA Sports, your home of the Dodgers off Night Dodger Talk featuring Alex Vesia, but David Vase starts.
Speaker 1: At seven, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: This is Petros and Money on demand.
Speaker 4: Thank you to Cliff Floyd, MLB Network, MLB Tonight have it on quite often in the studio when we're doing the show. No Dodger game today, So a full four hour Petros in Money going till seven. Billy's ain't gonna be in studio in the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: You should listen to your friend Billy's ain.
Speaker 4: We will listen to him.
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna have a studio I mean it would be it would be rude, not rude. But right now, because it's a four hour show and he doesn't have off night Dodger Talk, it's time for only Kate's Cares.
Speaker 2: And now for a segment that I've already lost interest in before this open is finished only kids.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, I got three quick stories for you. One just happened to me about two hours ago. Got here, started to heat up my lunch, made a coffee, and I ran into an FM jock host from the fifth floor from ninety two point three. I have to come down and use our kitchen well, because it's our kitchen is the only kitchen, and it's got the best coffee machine ever. And he was making a coffee and I ran into this gentleman two days ago and I was like, hey, how many coffee is you usually drink a day. It's like, oh, usually two, but this is number one. So today I saw him again. I'm like, hey, little small talk, what number coffee is this today? He goes, this is number two, and he's like, full disclosure, I drink coffee. But I used to be a big energy drink guy. I'm like, hey, me too, He goes, I was a five hour energy guy. I'm like, he goes, yeah, I'd have a cup of coffee in the morning in five hour in the afternoon, and he goes, But I had to stop that, and I said, really, me too, because I had so many energy drinks. My gallbladder had to be taken out. He stopped what he was doing, looked at me, and he said, shut up. I said, no, no, it happened to me. In twenty eleven, he goes the exact same thing happened to me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, two gallbladder brothers at the same cluster of radio station.
Speaker 4: He said, I was on the air and had to get rushed to the hospital and had my gallbladder taken out. And the doctor told him it was because of all the sugar and the energy drinks that he was drinking. Wow. He at the time was doing mornings and I was like, no way, You're the only other person I've heard of radio.
Speaker 3: Radio is a terrible pandemic of people losing their gallbladders because of a energy energy drink addiction.
Speaker 4: Right, and they bring us the fridge. They would Red Bull used to drop off cases of sugar free Red Bull Dolly after Dolly. Yeah, truly, they would Dolly in like eight cases at the case.
Speaker 3: Has never been able to refuse freestyle, no never, and uh yeah. And then that turned into five hour energy.
Speaker 4: Well who was it?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 4: Secrets Cruise. I was cruised from ninety two three Judas an awesome guy by the guy and you got no gallbladder though now I wish he had miss And so we're like talking and I said, you know, my doctor said, hey, no, you know, no dairy, no cheeses, no spicy stuff, you know, And he goes, yeah, I don't listen to that stuff. I don't know. Yeh me two cruise, I think I met a friend today cruise from the Cruise show. I'll meet you at Don Cucko's very cool. So look at that no energy drinks.
Speaker 3: So the let's have a schooner together.
Speaker 4: I like to think the stairway to Kevin actually brought together the fourth and fifth floor got into getting to meet the guy who also had his gallbladder taken out. So there you go. That's my first story of the day. The second one.
Speaker 3: Involves our friends and you know what, he kept Matt's haterism at Bay with the tom We're gonna go north of the border right now, boys, because as we know, it is hockey season.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Sanley Cup Playoffs and my Anaheim ducks our time one one with the Vegas Golden Knights. Game three tomorrow night back are going to start.
Speaker 1: I watched it last night.
Speaker 4: I was thinking to you, Kate, so I think I found myself rooting for the Ducks a little bit there. Did you happen to keep it on T and T after the game for the postgame show, which is great by the way, just like the NBA post game show with Shack and all them, which I know is on ESPN. Now the hockey post game with Paul Bessonetti. I did not watch last night. I was watching the basketball there. They referenced the story that happened on Monday and grewsome legs over the next forty eight hours because of the reaction that it god from Toronto, who on Monday introduced their new general manager, John Jacob. Well backstory, he was the former GM of the Arizona Phoenix Coyotes back before COVID. Yeah, and had a falling out there, actually got fired. Who was suspended by the NHL for a year for trying to get another job when he had a job in Arizona. Already real bad guy, I mean just a real bad guy. And now he's a GM. Now he's the GM of the Toronto He had a press conference on Monday and the local Maple Leafe the teeth of the Toronto Rider got teeth of the hockey media after the Canadians, excuse me, the blue the Toronto Maplews president Keith Pelly, and here's the new GM sitting right next to him. And here's the question from the Rider to the president, Keith Pelly, you.
Speaker 6: Talk about the due diligence that you did on John prior to hiring him and now hiring him. In the past say, three to four days, I have been in contact with about twenty people who work in the National Hockey League, many of whom are prominent names that we would all know. And of the twenty people I spoke to, one was supportive of jos hiring in the other nineteen thought it was a sham. To be perfectly honest, words were used like con artist, liar, salesman. How did you come to a different conclusion that I was able to come to in a very short time.
Speaker 5: I must have talked to different people.
Speaker 6: That's it, because in the hockey world today is astounded by this announcement, okay, And your response to.
Speaker 3: That is, as we've conducted due diligence, and it was deeps on our due diligence.
Speaker 5: It was a thorough process and I'm quite happy with where we've learned.
Speaker 4: You good answer, So talk to different people.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: The phoks in Toronto hate the higher hockey. People hate the higher And last night Paul Biscinetti is that he gonna say his name Bissinette. Bescinetti sounds right. He was on TNT last night and he said he no longer will talk or roote about the Toronto Maple Leafs because he hates the organization. So bad for hiring this guy, because he was in Arizona when everything went down with the Coyotes and there was a huge fall out there. And then he went on social media. Paul did and tweeted out, I ain't coming back to the Leaves all you hate and leaves fans and my mentions can kiss my ass.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I don't choose your team over loyalty, so f you you're on my enemy list. Now game on m RF first. Wow, bad situation because i'ed a GM guy, yeah, who apparently is a bad guy.
Speaker 3: Gosh, it seems like it.
Speaker 4: Bad dude.
Speaker 3: I talk to twenty people. Nineteen said it's a sham.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: Well, the one I liked him, right.
Speaker 6: How did you come to a different conclusion that I was able to come to in a very short time.
Speaker 4: I must have talked to different people. Okay, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: That is it. Yeah. So apparently they're not happy in Toronto. So in the third final store for you, I mean it's been a rough you know, six months giveaway the world series like that, and they lost Showy Tani six months even before that. So God, Scottie barn you mentioned Disneyland a couple of days ago, maybe it was yesterday on the show Petros. Disneyland back in the news again today for the ride Atopia. Atopia Autopia Autopia in the news open in nineteen fifty five when the park opened on that same day, was one of the original one of the og rides at Disneyland. It is not going away altogether, but Atopia as we know it is no longer going to be a Topia. They're getting rid of the gas cars. Oh I love sucking on the fumes. When I was a Topia, that was the highlight and in an.
Speaker 3: Effort made you feel like you were like I'm in a racetrack here.
Speaker 4: The patent Disney in an effort to be net zero for greenhouse Gas Emissions has announced that in the next year they will replace all the fully gas powered Autopia cars with a new full fleet of electric vehicles that kids can ride on. Now, Matt, the Austropia was great because you'd hit the gas and it would just yes, search forward and you'd run into the car.
Speaker 3: There you're kid with you got the fuel feeling right, feeling with the fuel Ejectionhow horses under there?
Speaker 4: Man, I don't want killawatts. I want horse power. And then as a dad when your kids there and the excitement they got thinking they're driving the car and they're having that fuel underneath the pedal, I mean, it's everything, and now it's gonna be electric.
Speaker 3: This is what they did to f one.
Speaker 4: You know what, Very much like that, very much terrible, terrible. Yeah, I'm gonna miss the uh you hear the background, Yeah, the lawnmower engine. Then you hit that dad's pedal. But you know, I would just jump off that line. Man.
Speaker 3: At least we still have avalon at Catalina where all the golf carts are gas powered, so everybody's feet are black as coal. Everybody's feet looked like barkuna.
Speaker 4: Oh weeze. So there you go. Electric cars coming to Atopia. They're pissed in Toronto about the hire of their GM.
Speaker 3: Is like you.
Speaker 4: No, he's just like you.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's it, three stories for you.
Speaker 3: I left my radio career because it was going to take my gallbladder.
Speaker 4: Took a piece of me, literally, I should ask Sweet James. By the way, if it's too late to see class action lawsuit, Yeah, I lost an organ because of these energy drinks. What are you willing to give to AM radio? Is it correlation or causation. Let's get to the bottom of it, Kate's and make millions. Do crazy people play football? Or does football make people crazy? Word number song coming up next. I can make you millions.