Speaker 1: All right, Mojo on the morning show cav Josiah's in a new school, and I think I feel like you're in school too.
Speaker 2: You're doing night classes.
Speaker 3: There's already been two meetings and there's a third one on the books. They do a lot. They do a lot, and they want you active with your kids education. Absolutely, and I'm not mad at it. I do wish these events were a little bit earlier. We'll just say that, but it.
Speaker 2: Is what it is. It's been a tremendous experience.
Speaker 3: But this next event that's coming up, I want to use the term event because when I read the invitation, that's what I feel like it is. Everything else has kind of been a meeting, maybe a gathering. This new thing is highlighted as parent mixer.
Speaker 4: No kids.
Speaker 3: It specifically says that every other event has been like you can't bring your kids. It's been family friendly and for the whole family. This one parents only, and it has the term mixer in it. So immediately when I see that, I'm like, oh, it's gonna be drinks of all. This is an opportunity for the parents to get together in a different atmosphere through a little libation's back and get to.
Speaker 2: Know each other.
Speaker 5: I love the word libations. By the way, need to say that.
Speaker 1: Am I wrong in assuming that no mixers just mixing together and getting to know each other, isn't it?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 4: But if I feel like, if there's no kids there, that has to be the presence of alcoholic beverages.
Speaker 2: You had me.
Speaker 3: A mixer, bro Are I agree with Shannon? No kids plus mixer. I'm thinking there better be some some bourbon or some tee dolls something in that room.
Speaker 2: There's no way.
Speaker 1: You know what first it was it a Catholic school. Because it's a Catholic school, there's probably they always have. I remember october Fest was always our big thing and it was a drunk fest. But I don't it's not a Catholic school. So here's the thing. I think mixture. Tell me if I'm wrong on this one. I always felt like mixture was it's us getting together, like I've heard of. We met at a mixer. What's a mixer? And I was like a drinking thing. No, it was we get together and we mix with each other. We kind of like, listen, I am going to be thoroughly disappointed.
Speaker 2: Let's google that.
Speaker 1: Let's google because because maybe at this mixer they have alcohol, But what does it mean?
Speaker 2: What's what's a mixer?
Speaker 6: Mixer?
Speaker 4: To me feels like summer camp, Like the end of summer Camp when the boys cabins get together with the girls.
Speaker 1: Cabin chapt chat EPT says a mixer event is a social gathering, often informal, designed for people to meet, socialized and build connections. While the term is commonly associated with professional networking, where pairs or business contacts get together to mix. Some mixers are office mixers, single mixers, university mixers.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't help. It's about see I'm not googling no more excess chat GPT did. Yeah, that was chatchy. I did the same thing. What is a mixer? It gave us like like you said, like four different things. And then my follow up question was is their alcohol at a social mixer?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, I'm going to do is their alcohol?
Speaker 5: And whatne are you going to do? If you go and it's water?
Speaker 2: I'm bringing a.
Speaker 3: Flask just in case, so when you see everybody around me, guys okay, it says, it says, but only if it's identified. Did they identify it? It didn't stand out because it says.
Speaker 1: It says only if it's identified as a twenty one and up occasion.
Speaker 3: Okay, so no kids, that means it's going to be twenty one and up.
Speaker 2: Okay. I don't know.
Speaker 5: You're just really hopeful and I appreciate.
Speaker 2: I am what do you say?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 1: But you've got to be careful because maybe let's ask the listeners this, how many listeners have gotten drunk in front of their principles and has they may have gotten drunk in front of the teachers, their principles or any of those people, like on the first week of your kid going to school.
Speaker 2: That's not a good idea. We're not going that hard. I want to see Kevin.
Speaker 1: When Kevin drinks, his finger goes out like his his like pinky.
Speaker 2: He's got the he's got his drink on. He's like rich. I want to see my rich.
Speaker 1: Are there any parents that you've kind of socialized with and gotten to be like I always whenever I go to an event or go to like a game, I always end up sitting around people, like, especially when my kids were new to the school, sit around people that are people I kind of recognize.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I prob I mean, there are a few faces that I think I would recognize. It's been two events that I've met a ton of new faces and new people. I really like his math teacher, though that's probably gonna be the lady that I banged with a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sorry I met. How do I say that?
Speaker 6: Communicate?
Speaker 3: I communicate with the most.
Speaker 5: She's in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll communicate with her the most.
Speaker 1: And that's probably but I'm talking about parents that the parents are the ones I mean right.
Speaker 3: Now, it hasn't nobody stuck. It's been a lot of high hellos. There was this one beautiful mom that I remember from the first meeting, and then we got a chance to talk again at the second meeting.
Speaker 2: And no, Dad, I don't bang with her. That's no bang. Do we know she's a single diversity?
Speaker 6: Was there?
Speaker 2: Okay? He went in the second time. What's up, Christina? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 1: It's going good. Cav wants to get drunk at his son's. He wants he wants to have fun at a mixer.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts so at our school?
Speaker 6: Whenever we've had mixers, even when I was in school. You cannot bring alcohol onto school.
Speaker 2: Grounds the rules. Okay, moms and dads are sneaking. They have in.
Speaker 5: Every Yetti there is no coffee nor water.
Speaker 2: Do you yeah? But do you want to be? Do you want to be the first week? I don't know if Yettie person is the first week of.
Speaker 5: School for Kevin making me feel shamed.
Speaker 2: Don't get him in trouble. Don't get him in trouble.
Speaker 1: All right, Christina, I'm gonna make sure that Kevin stays clean here on this one.
Speaker 2: You gotta all right, good luck, Kevin? Do you free party? We used to go to right by school.
Speaker 1: We used to go to Jalapeno's, the Mexican restaurant, and we would eat and then we would drink there. And then you you could tell the parents that would either go before or after uh the events, because they were like either before already tipsy, go into the thing. And then if you're going after, you were getting the hell out of that school function as fast as possible.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like parents wouldn't want to drink in front of other parents?
Speaker 1: No, I think that parents who drink together stay together, you know. I think it's always it's always good. I know those are the kids who I want my kids hanging out with the parents that I can actually have fun with exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to hate it when I liked the parents and my kid didn't like the kids, you know what I mean, Like that would happen. I'd be like, oh crap, why can't you hang out with I don't like them?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, Joe, what's up? Good morning? How you guys? We're doing good? What's going on?
Speaker 6: My first time caller a long.
Speaker 2: Time welcome back. You watched Hot g More too?
Speaker 3: You have.
Speaker 2: You think alcohol? You're right.
Speaker 3: I've heard the ladies say you can sneak them in tampons. We gotta we got our own things now. Huh yeah, he's gotta. You gotta bring bring.
Speaker 2: It in juice that you can put alcohol. And yeah, Happy Gilmore too.
Speaker 1: If you have not seen it, Happy had a drinking problem, he had anything.
Speaker 2: What's up? Michelle High?
Speaker 6: Hi, good morning guys. How are you cav good? I just want to say I think that you're right because we got invited to a parent social for my son's school this year. It was like a think of the MAO, So I just thought there was going to be tacos, but there was actually like, like you know, tequila drinks and wine and it was it was awesome. I thought it was really cool. And the father guys in the black and why he was like drinking wine.
Speaker 2: Father school.
Speaker 1: That's my kind of a school sign. Sign me up for that one. I don't even have kids anymore in school