Speaker 1: It is Tuesday, March seventeenth, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Wats to get to today?
Speaker 1: From a Saint Patrick's Day party to Trump talks about taking Cuba at a press conference, and airports face chaos over tsa drama at extreme weather, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text sam more, Hey, there's Sabrina come in the morning to ya.
Speaker 2: Hello, sea way, how are we doing? He Hello to you.
Speaker 1: You can join us on the show today. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com. Record at your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv.
Speaker 2: Slash the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: Your message is rolling a writer to the studio in real time, and it is friends a share the show Tuesday. That means you tell U somebody about the new Junkie radio show. Spread the words, say hey, I like this show. I think you'll like it too. It's about viral news. It's better than the same three songs over and over again.
Speaker 3: Today. It's not even just that. It's not even just.
Speaker 1: That it's also Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 2: Everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's right right here on the show. Welcome to Saint Patrick's Day. That's where I share the show Tuesday, colliding with the.
Speaker 2: Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 1: I'm incredibly worried about the mode that Sea Lane seems to be engaged in right now.
Speaker 4: Same Also, all three of us have never matched more.
Speaker 3: Are you r green too?
Speaker 2: Are we all green?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we are all green? My right.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we've.
Speaker 1: All participated together in the Saint Patrick's Day and the usually you forget I know, I do, I do, or I refuse, but I didn't do it today.
Speaker 2: I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: I was walking into the closet and I said.
Speaker 1: I guess I should wear something green, and Courty goes absolutely all right then.
Speaker 4: Minus like shirt out teenage mutant Ninja turtle green like it is.
Speaker 6: I don't understand how it's happening.
Speaker 1: It look like you're in a in a nightclub and you know, you got like a couple.
Speaker 3: Of yellow or green things on that are just glowing to the blue. You have a ring light that.
Speaker 2: I can't see. Is there something directly pointed at you?
Speaker 4: I think I'm not okay. It might be my last day on Earth, but ready to party radio.
Speaker 3: Some British shirt says, oh for luck's sake?
Speaker 1: Is that what he says monitors here, Yeah, I have a very green shirt on. It's not really the content is a cat getting arrested. It says I hate people, but the color is very much green. And then Philosopher O Lane over there is decked out.
Speaker 2: He has a you got the hat.
Speaker 1: On, you got the Jamison wrap around.
Speaker 2: It's called the scarf.
Speaker 3: Oh you both got scarves. I'm scarfless. He's scarfless.
Speaker 2: This is already scarfed.
Speaker 1: I don't unfortun Yeah, I mean, it's just here's the thing. Here's the thing. I don't wanna. I don't want to bring down things and police the show. It's not what I'm looking at doing today.
Speaker 4: I knew it.
Speaker 2: It's just that the first two.
Speaker 1: Sentences that Seelane said here when I sat down in the studio was sea Lang goes well.
Speaker 3: Ubert In brought a brought a fresh bottle with me.
Speaker 4: Oh hell yeah, need to write a work tomorrow.
Speaker 2: What did you bring with you, Selang? What did you?
Speaker 3: Let's see the bad part is somebody left something with Sabrina over there, and it's more expensive than mine, cheap.
Speaker 1: Down, Oh my god, to okay, Jamison and till the mornon got I did the best I could. I have a canni so for here last minute, So you know, I did what I had to do.
Speaker 6: Okay, and you're about to drink it right from the bottle. Yeah, I aint.
Speaker 1: Glass Okay, the real irishmen right out the bottle.
Speaker 3: They drink it right from the harp. As they said, its lovesha just.
Speaker 1: As terrible as I remember, I'd say this terrible. No, it's good, it's good. I'll only drink one of them. I can only I mean whiskey. I could do the whole bottle if I would go over there.
Speaker 6: If I wanted your house, this is the place to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, there's no telling what's going to happen during the show today. It's the Saint Patrick's Day Show. We got a lot of things to talk about. It's going to be a fun ride.
Speaker 6: Employee review yesterday so thing.
Speaker 2: But as well, right me too. Yeah, I got that over with and no meeting.
Speaker 1: So if for those of you who don't know, we have to sit down every year and they make us rate ourselves, and then they rate us, and then they see where how they rated us is out of connection with how we rated ourselves.
Speaker 6: Can help but disagree with what you said. On point number.
Speaker 1: Four, you called yourself here a studious employee and you put yourself a ten out of ten on studious employee vibes, and we have you.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately here is.
Speaker 3: A one I could have, like, you know, faked my way through this survey style one to ten and just put all tens. But I was like, that's not helpful. And then I was told, you know, you undercut yourself in some ways, like I gave you a higher score for a couple of these things, and one of them, I don't know why it came to me. One of them was honesty.
Speaker 6: You call yourself a liar, which is a liar.
Speaker 1: That's kind of a trick question with somebody says, how honest do you rate yourself one out of ten? If you rate yourself ten, that seems dishonest.
Speaker 3: And I looked straight at Jack bradch I'll go, you don't know what I'm not being honest about.
Speaker 1: And you'll never know either, right, you'll never know. And somebody's magicing to chat. They're saying they did a rate my blank with with you guys. Yeah, rate rate my blank Monday, except it's rate.
Speaker 3: It was rate. My employee was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They bring you in and they go, hey, here's what's going on. Here's where you rated yourself. Here's how we rate you. Okay, signar a sucker. Good luck. Uh you know, we'll see what happens next time. And and today, Uh, nobody's in sight. Who knows what's going on. They've left us unattended for a Saint Patrick's Day show. And that's why I'm already four sits into against you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: What you gonna break into that? I already did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, he's I was drinking.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't watch what I drink. This guy for Simpsons of the weakest beer at the ball are and he's already becoming a problem.
Speaker 6: No, I don't watch when I drink.
Speaker 1: I don't watch when I drink. Like when you go underwater, do you look around? Yeah, well I don't do that either. I close my eyes and like when I have a drink or have a shot, I'm not looking. I feel like it would be weird, Like if you if you have two people with you and you're all taking shots at the same time, you're looking at the other two people when you take the shot.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're acting like you don't have your eyes open when you're kissing Courtney, and I know for sure that's a fact that you kiss with.
Speaker 6: Your eyes open.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I'm I'm not kissing all that much, you know what I mean, it's been a while. Uh, you know, a normal amount, normal normal couple amounts.
Speaker 3: But we don't just like having a white shaped it out in a bit.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's just like randomly do you want to make out?
Speaker 6: Bab Courtney, get in the studio. We're doing we.
Speaker 1: Could who knows what happened today, but folks celebrate with us. I know it's not Monday, but I'd still like to see your green, so hit us up with a photo dispatch. We'll take a look at your Saint Patrick's Day outfits over there with your foat to dispatches today from the News Junkie dot Com and same old samu Is. If it's a Monday, we'll look at the best Saint Patrick's Day get up and uh and we'll rate it right now, Furling, what what are you pulling out of the sack you have over there?
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously from my Saint Patrick's box in the garage.
Speaker 3: I see some beads. You got some beads.
Speaker 6: Yep, there you go. I don't know if is it.
Speaker 3: Backwards certified sex instructor.
Speaker 1: It's I love how we forced things into the same those who can't teach it is the Saint Patrick's Day world in any way related to sex.
Speaker 3: I wow.
Speaker 1: I think maybe the Irish don't strike me as a very hypersexual type.
Speaker 2: But what do I know.
Speaker 3: I'm only half Irising.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh yeah, I know that hat is good. You got to come see those folks over on.
Speaker 6: I can't see anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think a lot of Saint Patrick's Day revelers are getting laid unless it's in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I just think with the amount of alcohol searching through them.
Speaker 4: You kidding me, Saint Patrick's Day sex is like pizza bagels?
Speaker 2: Can I can?
Speaker 3: I tell you?
Speaker 7: See?
Speaker 1: Lan, I'm so glad that you're not driving, because if a cop pulled you over looking like that, there's no roadside tests. They just go, sir, can't get get into the back of the car. Sir, I know you don't wear that Irish ass hat every single day. I know that's not part of your regular outfit.
Speaker 2: You are drunk, almost done with this.
Speaker 6: Then that's what I can just get in the worst way possible.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, right out of it's cold, right out the bottle cold.
Speaker 6: But there's a little thing in there.
Speaker 3: So that this one not the glass.
Speaker 2: This is a glass.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a Guinness draft stout glass, and boy is it something.
Speaker 2: So let's start off as we always do.
Speaker 1: Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse, and see what's happening to this great, big, wide.
Speaker 2: World of ours. You know where we're going.
Speaker 3: Exactly where we're going, we go.
Speaker 2: You know where you know, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead, let's jump into the time machine.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, we're going there.
Speaker 3: They go.
Speaker 2: Clout.
Speaker 1: There we go all right, a little long, but it is a time machine, you know. They're not very quick. It takes some time, the lost time. Let's go back in time to the greatest Saint Patrick's Day news segment of all time.
Speaker 3: We've got this right now, let's go well, just in time for Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 8: Crowds are coming by the dozens to get an up close view at what some say is a piece of Irish folklore.
Speaker 3: Crit area of mobiles say a leprecawn has taking up residents in their neighborhood. Something about the way the guy delivered that line.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm terrible quoting, but there's many parts of this that I'm ready.
Speaker 1: It's a quote the guy, like the news reporter or the news anchor leans in and he goes leprechawn, very awkward.
Speaker 3: A leprechawn is taking up residents in their neighborhood. A leprechaw twice. Brian Johnson has more come.
Speaker 9: On, Brian Johns curiosity leads to large crowds and mobiles critened community. Many of you bring binoculars, cancorders, even camera phones to take pictures to me and.
Speaker 1: The lift con to me, I gotta do a look a bit of cheap who.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, I'll never get another of its, like where this guy passes away? I want this to be the blown up picture at his funeral.
Speaker 2: That where is this guy?
Speaker 1: We usually do these check ins with people after they go viral, and David at the Dentist is David at the Dentist is like a dentist now or whatever?
Speaker 2: The update is. This is old.
Speaker 1: I think this is from I don't know. He's gotta be fifteen years ago. I seem like get a date on this.
Speaker 10: My witnesses say the leprechaun only comes out at night.
Speaker 2: If you shine a light in its direction, it's suddenly he disappears. This cemetery sketch travels, but that'll never get the amateur's catch.
Speaker 1: They show is like the quickest doodle on graph paper you've ever seen in your life. Are just like line tip paper with a very very basic outline of what it.
Speaker 2: Is supposed to be a leprechaun.
Speaker 3: I get you ready to have a guess on what year this news report first aired.
Speaker 6: Say you did a.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and.
Speaker 3: Nine, two thousand and six, The kriton leprechaun is twenty years old. Wow, a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty years of the leprecaun.
Speaker 10: You say the leprecaun looks like Others find it hard to believe and have come up with their own theories and explanations for the image.
Speaker 1: My theory this is casting a shadow from the limbs.
Speaker 9: Good a quacket get homes and around stuff, and it told to get up in a tree and play a leprecal.
Speaker 2: Don't get down to the bottom.
Speaker 6: Don't be afraid man.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're down there.
Speaker 3: God, don't be a friend. Be afraid.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: This guy helping to direct traffic says he's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got no name on him or anything.
Speaker 2: It's like this rando on this tree. Ride here, Wait.
Speaker 6: Till he shows you.
Speaker 4: Passed down from generations leprechaun warding flute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this, I mean it just keeps delivering like this is literally the segment that just always gives it all.
Speaker 10: For his encounter with the Leprechaun. He suited up from head to toe.
Speaker 2: This war is all smells right here.
Speaker 7: This is a special lepric and flute, been passed down from thousands of years ago, finding great great grandfather who was Irish.
Speaker 2: I just came to help out.
Speaker 10: Others just came to get lucky and hope he buried under this tree.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna run a back hout root that tree.
Speaker 3: I want to know where to go.
Speaker 2: I want to go.
Speaker 3: Gim me to go. I want to go.
Speaker 10: This is Brian Johnson, NBC fifteen News.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there he goes Brian Johnson, NBC fifteen News.
Speaker 3: Oh, I say it was the best of times.
Speaker 1: It was the worst of times over on chat. True, what a time to be alive.
Speaker 6: I don't make it like they used to.
Speaker 3: No, No, Saint Patrick's Day Parade.
Speaker 1: Today, they're expecting two million spectators out there in them there streets, just like kangs in New York. They'll be out there, you know. The Irish will be there doing their thing. The air do Wells will be out there. They drink, they party. At some places they die the River Green.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, you're right, they don't. I thought you were just going to say die in some places they die.
Speaker 1: On account places they die, yeah, I mean, I mean the lady. Yeah, yeah, some places they do die. I wasn't going to bring that up, but thanks for bringing everything down. I thought I was gonna be the fun sucker today saying we got to be careful here because you look like you're revved up, ready to go one hundred and fifteen miles an hour in the slow lane, and yet here the.
Speaker 3: Problem is you. The problem is you. Bringing up dead is not me. I'm not going to kill.
Speaker 2: Anybody during the show today.
Speaker 8: It means to go.
Speaker 3: I can't promise that. I can't actually, I can't promise that.
Speaker 1: Cheers everybody. Honest, I would leave your house if I lived there. Okay, are you saying Cilantro.
Speaker 6: Just yeah, it's a little okay.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take quick break.
Speaker 1: We're going to find the gold, we're going to find the leprechauns, and we're going to tell you what's going on on a lovely Saint Patrick's stay here on the show. We also have this wild story. Have you guys followed it all? The lady who was alleged to have drugged her husband was fentanyl and then she wrote a book.
Speaker 2: About it afterwards. No, that what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lady in court who they said killed her husband by I am killing somebody off by poisoning him with fentanyl and the whole story behind this as the sentence came down so crazy.
Speaker 2: I have the actual moment in court.
Speaker 1: Then we'll tell you if you missed this story, but it's a really really interesting one. That and everything viral today, of course, is coming up next on the News Junkie. It is Saint Patrick's stay here on the show. Hey, everybody, we are enjoying our Saint Patrick's time with you. We've got a lot of stories to get into, including this is what about this Utah mom. I've got the courtroom audio and to play for you in just a second. It's pretty crazy, it is. It's an intense story, but it was. It's one of those ones that reminds you. One of the weirdest things you can do so after you kill somebody is write a book about the person being dead. And it's happened on this show over the years more times than I think I could count.
Speaker 6: Only one person got white with it.
Speaker 1: Oh J Simpson. Yeah, I mean OJ Simpson did it. Afterwards, you wrote that book and it was like, if I did it, if I did it right.
Speaker 3: And then there was a story that.
Speaker 1: We talked about a long time ago that Celan and Sibernie. You might remember where somebody wrote a blog post about how to kill your husband and then the person was accused of killing their husband.
Speaker 3: Dad, remember that.
Speaker 1: And in this case, this was a woman in Utah who wrote a book about grief and it was after her husband died that she wrote this book for little kids about dealing with grief and dealing with a parent dying. And she did the rounds on a bunch of different shows where they were interviewing her about the books she wrote for kids. But according to prosecutors, she killed her husband and according to a jury. They said it was indeed murder. I'll play that that audio in a second. But according to prosecutors, Corey Richins put five times the legal dose of fentanyl into a cocktail that her husband, Eric Richins, drank, wait lethal, five times the lethal dose.
Speaker 3: I thought you said legal, and I was like, there's not a legal dose of fentanyl, is there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Five times the lethal dose of fentanyl in a cocktail that her husband drank. And it wasn't the first time she tried to do this, by the way, A prosecutor say, Richards was four point five million dollars in debt at the time. She thought if she killed him, she would inherit his estate worth four million dollars. She was also seeing another man that she was texting back and forth and they went through their like salacious text messages with each other.
Speaker 3: She attempted killing her husband on another occasion.
Speaker 1: Where she gave him this seems so wrong, a fentanyl laced sandwich, okay, and made him black out. It doesn't say what kind of sandwich, but just a fentanyl laced sandwich on your life, Oh, end of the day, waff made me a sandwich? You grab your big sandwich, take a bartle on then, and all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden, he goes, I don't know if what their dynamic was relationship wise. I think the first red flag for me would be that my wife made me a sandwich.
Speaker 2: That something's going on here.
Speaker 1: Wait way, and then not only does your wife make you a sandwich, but she's trying to get you to eat it, like Harry and Lloyd.
Speaker 3: And Dumb and Dumber when they put.
Speaker 1: Hot peppers on the other guy's burger and they're like, how's your burger?
Speaker 2: Did you eat up? Why don't you eat up? And we'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're like, wait, why why do you want to want me to eat this sandwich so bad? This seems a bit curious what's going on? And the guy starts texting his friends. He goes, I just eat this sandwich, and I'm feeling like all messed up, ended up blacking out. Before she was arrested in twenty twenty three, she published the book Are You with Me? And promoted it on local TV and radio stations. Prosecutors said this was an attempt to cover up the murder. Her sentencing is coming up in May May thirteenth, But here's what happened in the courtroom as they announced the verdict and the case against this lady. Yes, twenty twenty three, I think was when this started, or at least that's when the case started up.
Speaker 2: But this is the moment that the verdict came down.
Speaker 11: We the jury unanimously find that the defendant, Corey Richins, is guilty of aggravated murder.
Speaker 3: She looks down.
Speaker 11: Jury unanimously agree that the prosecution has proved the following circumstance or circumstances regarding count one beyond reasonable doubts. The homicide was committed for pecuniar. Again, the homicide was committed by means of the administration if any substance administered any lethal amount, dosage, or quantity.
Speaker 1: So guilty is what's coming across here. They had three little kids, I don't know. Show she bought it. Yeah, that was another thing too. They said that one of the key parts of the case was that she was caught buying fetanyl, and then it happened that fentanyl was in the guy system, and then she had to explain why, well, was this a different fetanyl that you had?
Speaker 3: And there was a hole.
Speaker 1: Back and forth on that. Let's see what else. The verdict says, here.
Speaker 11: Count two attempted aggravated murder. We the jury unanimously find that the defendant, Corey Richins, is that's her guilty of attempted aggravated murder. We the jury unanimously agreed the prosecution has proved the following circumstances or circumstances regarding count two beyond a reasonable doubt. The attempt at homicide was committed for a pecuniary.
Speaker 2: Gain money.
Speaker 3: She read.
Speaker 1: She was found guilty on all five counts, including aggravated murder and attempted aggravated murder, which I think is kind of weird to think about it. You're like, wait, hold on, they got her on murder and attempted.
Speaker 6: Murder because the first time that yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because of the sandwich attack.
Speaker 1: Yesna, you're right, Like, of the sandwich attack was like an attempted murder that was a separate crime. And then she went through with it again and actually killed this guy, and then had had the extra balls to write the book called What I Say. It was like, you know, dealing with grief.
Speaker 3: Are you with Me?
Speaker 1: The book that she wrote and promoted in local media.
Speaker 2: Insurance Fraud.
Speaker 11: We the jury unanimously find that the defendant, Corey Richins, is guilty of insurance fraud.
Speaker 1: By the way, they tried to say, well, why would she do this for money? He was worth more to her while he was alive. And the funny part was they said, sure, she got four million dollars in insurance payout, but she spent all of that within six months, so it's it's not proof that that's why she did it. And I'm like, well, I don't know. Big digit says I could fix her. What is wrong with you guys? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: People says, So she's my god.
Speaker 11: Jury unanimously find that the defendant, Corey Richins, is guilty of insurance fraud.
Speaker 2: Across the board forgery.
Speaker 11: We the jury unanimously find that the defendant, Corey Richins, is guilty.
Speaker 2: That's it of forgery.
Speaker 11: It's signed by the four person Please have.
Speaker 1: A seat, and multiple people is this saying that they could fix this woman.
Speaker 2: She's a very average looking lady.
Speaker 6: Just for the record, writ letters because she's going to jail for.
Speaker 3: It, although I did see three kids. Nope, I'm out.
Speaker 1: So you're fine with the murderous intentions and the poisoned sandwiches from this lady. The fentanyl sandwiches you're fine with. But then what she has three kids? Like sorry, not doing that?
Speaker 3: Her womb is used like that is so weird, so weird.
Speaker 2: This woman is evil. She's an evil, evil woman.
Speaker 1: And it's amazing to me that so many of these things were even happening. One being the fact that she was, you know, shockingly or maybe not shockingly, she was sitting there trying to poison her husband to death. And two that while that was going on, there was another guy that was willing to talk to her the whole time and wanted to be with her when the husband died.
Speaker 2: Some of you guys are weird.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Her book's still available for purchase, and how many people, if so, do you think are buying it now that she has been convicted of good question.
Speaker 2: Let's do an Amazon check. Are You with Me?
Speaker 3: Book?
Speaker 2: Is what? It is?
Speaker 3: All the royalty You with Me? Book?
Speaker 1: Corey richins uh not seeing and that is the top option.
Speaker 2: I see how Are You with Me? But that's like a war book.
Speaker 1: I see a book that's unrelated called I don't know why this came up. I searched for are You with Me? And the book is hoop hoooped on me with here. Cookies are weird, man, I don't know why why Amazon thinks that's a relatable book.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I don't see the other I don't see it.
Speaker 1: Are you with Me? I don't see it here. At least it's not on Amazon. Mom's way worse than you. Are You with Me?
Speaker 2: Book?
Speaker 1: Maybe just on the internet in general, it's available. Oh it, good Reads has the book. I see it one point six y eight stars. All right, what are the reviews on this thing? This book is a killer. It will take your breath away, so good that it's simply murderer. The author clearly knows all about death on a deeply intimate level. When I've finished, I felt like I'd be poisoned to death with fentanylbi a loved one.
Speaker 2: It's that powerful.
Speaker 3: I can honestly say it kicks harder than a Moscow.
Speaker 1: Mule, allegedly the drink that had the fentanyl in it.
Speaker 3: Now you know the troll's going right on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they popped in here. Eighty seven reviews, a lot of one stars. I do love how the internet works where they go, Hey this bitch, sure she's facing five guilty charges and she's gonna see a real hefty sentence.
Speaker 2: I would hope behind bars here.
Speaker 1: But the way to really get her is the one star internet reviews that do.
Speaker 4: Little party because I do not agree with what she did.
Speaker 6: May rest in peace. Poor kids don't have a dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm curious about what that book, how it reads, like, any details whatsoever?
Speaker 3: I don't know. If that, I don't think they give me like a little like a little sample or something.
Speaker 2: I can't now I can't read it.
Speaker 3: I tried to buy on Amazon link, but it's broken and took it down, and then I got another text from a mother friend of ours that said, I highly recommend who really good classic?
Speaker 1: Right, Lol, that's now in your algorithm, Sean says Rick.
Speaker 2: I guess so now I'm stuck with that.
Speaker 3: The people who are commenting on this book and saying it's killer and all that. I mean, how different is that than being the guy who emailed Jeffrey Epstein like hah, you're dead now, and it's now it's on his his his jmail thing.
Speaker 2: True, he ad made it in there.
Speaker 1: Eventually, I think, all right, we have a lot more to get into of your dispatches. Your emails all the rest I told you as well, send your your get ups. What are you wearing for Saint Patrick's Day? I want to see your outfit. I know it's not rate my blank Monday, but I still want to see him. So send in what you're wearing for a Saint Patrick's Day. Over there on thenewsjunkie dot Com and other folks can take a peek when those come in. Be careful if you're headed to the airport any you are traveling today, at any point in time or that goes for traveling really for the rest of the week. We got the double whammy here which trapped up our friend Josh Josh Fowler. He went to New Orleans and then tried to fly back on Frontier Airlines from New Orleans. Couldn't front two Orleans or Frontier Airlines.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: Frontier Airlines canceled his flight and then just refunded him the money, like good luck, have fun, don't die here you go, here's your money back. But you know you're gonna have to find another way back. They didn't like reschedule the flight or anything. Then he finally has to get a flight the next day, get a flight the next day into Atlanta because you couldn't get a direct flight. Direct flight into Atlanta gets delayed from Atlanta back home, and then everybody who was with him saved for one person.
Speaker 3: Or Thomas doesn't make it back.
Speaker 1: Because they said they're booking everybody in and they go like they're booking everybody.
Speaker 3: And they know we're out of room. The worst part is they let everybody on the plane because the gate agent messed up, so everybody got to like get on the plane, and then Thomas didn't have a seat and they had to get him back off the plane.
Speaker 2: Is that true? He thought? He thought he was definitely on his helm.
Speaker 3: And then the worst part for Thomas and for most of that group was that Josh ended up sitting in first class. He got a drink as soon as he sat down. He did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't stop stop telling to play the song.
Speaker 2: This is unrelated. It's not a news story.
Speaker 3: This is what Chad does every time.
Speaker 1: If there's anything like this, it's surprise story as long as it by.
Speaker 3: You started by talking about airports, Yeah, you start, That's how you started. That's how we got to the store. The story was a tangent from airport stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, very much. Yeah, you're right. I apologize. You're right.
Speaker 1: So the TSA problem is one thing. The TSA isn't getting paid. You got this partial government shut down. Blame who you'd like. I don't really care. The TSA people are at the point where they're now not getting paid checks, so a lot of they're not showing up for work.
Speaker 2: Maybe they they're.
Speaker 1: Not trying to get that bonus check that some of the other people who worked through the.
Speaker 4: Disruption guarantee, And are they not getting paid for their last week like work?
Speaker 1: They well, hold on, they'll likely get paid for everything eventually. But if you're not actively getting paid, I mean, if I'm not getting paid around here, I'm not going in. So they do this for money.
Speaker 3: They There's a notice on top of the TSA dot gov website, but it's not the ones that they had like in the you know, the little lesson. Yes, it's just this just says, due to the labs in federal funding, this website will not be actively managed to click here for more information. Last time they shut down, like all the websites were like due to the stupid Democrats.
Speaker 2: This is closed today. That dumb horre Pulosi. No, probably not that aggressively. The boy reading that in that general direction. They didn't let Trump write it himself.
Speaker 1: It probably would have been that all caps and then thank you for your attention to this matter at the end of it. So it's not just even TSA at the airports. It's also winter storms because I don't know if you notice, but we're getting absolutely hammered in the United States of America with one blast of weather after another cold, and it's getting cold again.
Speaker 2: It's snow piling up, and.
Speaker 1: That's another reason why a lot of the flights weren't going anywhere. Are not says TSA is in a radio show. It's critical. Well, TSA is still functioning technically.
Speaker 6: It's also a great radio show, so shut up.
Speaker 1: The problem is TSA is going slow because they have a lot of callouts, which I think, as I said, are understandable.
Speaker 3: And I would probably call off.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot of call outs. There's a lot of people who are like taking vacation days and stuff to see what happens next, and then the winter storms and everything else.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going.
Speaker 2: On all at once.
Speaker 1: So if you are flying, I say this not to talk about an airplane story, but simply to tell you something to keep you safe out there, you folks who I care about, you junkies who are on your way to the airport. Perhaps right now, I'm but technically back on a plane, all right, when we come back. I got an update on a story we've been following for a couple of weeks here in a big update. Then I saw people have done something illegal.
Speaker 6: All right, cattle tale.
Speaker 1: They've done something illegal. And this is one of the first times I've done this on the show. In the past, you guys have agreed with people who have committed crimes, but mostly I'll go like, let me, you can't do this, can't do this? Can do These people engaged in what is one thousand percent of crime, and I'm going to tell you, I back them up one hundred percent. I back them up one hundred percent, and I think that they I'm glad they did it. I'm glad they did it. I'll explain what these folks did, what they were engaging. I'll give you that update on the story we've been following for a couple of weeks. That's coming up next on the News Junkie. Big update on a story we were talking about for quite a while.
Speaker 2: I'll bring up the speed if you missed this.
Speaker 1: I always try to do that for the folks who are just tuning in or you know, never tried any of this or experienced any of these stories like this. So let me start from the beginning on this one. There was a story that we've been following out of Georgia where a teacher by the name of Jason Hughes was involved in a prank. There was a prank against him where they were going to go I think they called it rolling, a rolling prank toileta oh, And it was a toilet paper prank. And they've showed up at his house and they were going to toilet paper the house, which they did, and he finds out about it, and his wife says, oh, he was so excited. So he finds out about the prank that they're doing. He had a really good relationship with his students, and he sneaks outside because he wants to surprise them, and then he sees them and surprises them and he runs over, but he slips on the road.
Speaker 3: It was a wet road and he slipped.
Speaker 1: On it and fell and as one of the students was driving away in his truck. He didn't see that the teacher had fallen on the ground. He drove of the teacher and killed him during this prank, and it was just brutal.
Speaker 3: Is absolutely brutal.
Speaker 1: They arrested all of the kids that were involved in the prank and they were talking about putting them behind bars for quite a while. A bunch of charges were against them. Then the teacher's wife said, no, this is one tragedy. We don't need to add another one to it. We don't need to do that, and she said, I want the charges dropped.
Speaker 3: We were wondering what was going to happen. Now we have our update.
Speaker 1: Now we have update, and that is that the student involved in the prank link to a Georgia teacher's death is thanking his widow for forgiveness as the charges have been drop wows case.
Speaker 2: So he was wondering, got lucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was wondering when we were going to hit this point where they would say, well, we either got to go against the wishes of his wife or we have to drop these charges.
Speaker 2: And they drop the charges against them, so.
Speaker 6: It's still a lifetime of trauma.
Speaker 4: I'm sure, and guilt, but definitely gets the opportunity especially. I mean it was very telling as soon as the wife said it, after experiencing the loss of her husband in a tragic accident, still stood up for those kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot. That is a big move on her part, it really is. And I think maybe she thought, like, I'm looking down.
Speaker 1: The pipeline here at a long court case and having to testify and watching these kids, who I think are actually good kids, who my home has been loved get put away for a whole bunch of time. It's easy to be angry, though, I mean, how easy of a decision would that have been, just to be angry and say, no, there's no excuse. Whether he liked you or not is out of the question. You killed him, You took him away from me, and now our kids will grow up without a father.
Speaker 3: This would have been so easy to be mad, but she didn't do that.
Speaker 1: It's not the choice that she took in that particular circumstance, right there.
Speaker 2: So that's the update.
Speaker 1: Charges dropped against those students who pranked their teacher who ended up dying as he slipped in the truck that were the pranksters were driving.
Speaker 3: Ran over him. I know it's.
Speaker 1: Freaky, very very freaky. But that's just that's the facts of the case there. And that's the update on that story. We've been following another story. I saw the headlines today what I was doing all the rounds and.
Speaker 2: Trying to see what was going on.
Speaker 1: So every morning I look at hundreds and hundreds of sources that I have, and I try to find all the things that I can bring to you each day. And here's every thing happening out there, let's talk. Let's see what we can you know, gin up here. And one of the things I saw headline wise was a familiar name. I told this story about this a long, long, long, long, long time ago, when I was just in my twenties, late twenties. This it was only twenty years ago. Long, it was only twenty years ago. Well, actually could have been less than that.
Speaker 3: Actage.
Speaker 2: I'm only forty go ahead, three.
Speaker 1: Forty four, by forty four, I'm forty four, right, yeah, forty four, Yeah, I'm forty four.
Speaker 2: I it'll be forty five this year. Yeah, I got it right, I'm forty four years old.
Speaker 1: I know that it gets weird at this age, but when I was twenty eight or twenty nine, so not quite twenty years ago. My point being, I was working in Chicago, playing around like a kid on one of the biggest radio stations in the country wg AND Radio, and I told the story about how I was doing the midday show there one day and it was one of the first days. I had just moved moved to Chicago about a week before, and I'm hosting the midday show a week later. I still I've never lived in the Midwest. I didn't know at the time how to pronounce any of the city names or anything, and you have to do that constantly on a station like this. I was just thrown into the fire, all right, thrown at the They.
Speaker 6: Fired a beautiful fire at this time of year.
Speaker 1: They fired this show where these these women were hosting, Kathy and Judy I think was the name of the show, Ceilian. Look up Kathy and Judy Fired, and see if you could find that. That'll give you the timeline on this Kathy and Judy Fired WGN. There was this show that was straight out of SNL or something, and these two ladies would just yap back and forth with each other in the most boring show on Planet Earth.
Speaker 3: WGN Radio canceled Kathy and Judy after two decades May twenty third, two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: Year May twenty third, two thousand and nine. I was on the day after that, so they fired them at the end of the show. And the next day they were like, Sean, you're going in. I'm in my twenties or something. I'm going in one of the biggest radio stations in the country right after somebody's been fired. So half of the lines are filled with people who are like, bring back Kathy and Judy. I love them so much, and over and over and over. He would have this kind of stuff, and I'm going in there just dropping bombs and grenades everywhere, same kind of stuff you hear me do now after all of these years. But as I get on there, you have to do so many things. There was traffic, and there was weather, and there was there was more than that because this was such a huge station, and it wasn't network stuff either. It is some of it now on WGN in Chicago, but back then it wasn't. So when I would go, all right, we're going to go for the top of the hour check up, let's check in in the WGN News Center and then they would go over and there would be an entire group of people that one by one would take over and do all of their reporting and go to somebody out on the streets and they go, that's right, Dave, And they did all that traffic radio all that. Now, what I had never heard of in my entire life was something that I had to do that day for the first time. And I said, and now for the agriculture updates. Because all the talk stations I ever listened to in my entire life never had an agriculture update where they lived, Man Farmer radio is what this was. Basically, it was like an agriculture update like.
Speaker 3: That TV station that iMOS ended up on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, catalogs basically, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they said, Okay, Sean, when we come back, we're going to do the agriculture update.
Speaker 3: And this is the guy you have to introduce. This guy.
Speaker 1: They don't tell me anything about him, and I go, it's an agriculture Guy's it really a big deal? And I go okay, And I said, all right, now for the agriculture update on WGN News seven twenty. I said, let's go to O'Ryan Samuelson and his name is Orion Samuelson.
Speaker 2: By the way, he just died at ninety one.
Speaker 1: It's all over the Chicago News today. Chicago broadcast legend. Or And Samuelson died at ninety one. And I said, let's go to O Ryan Samuelson, and he said, thanks a lot, John or something that purposely got my name wrong. He was a million years old then. But this guy had no idea legend. He's in the Broadcasting Hall of Fame. He's like the most famous agriculture broadcaster that ever existed.
Speaker 3: Not that that sounds big listen, but somebody's got to be the most famous agriculture broadcaster.
Speaker 1: And he would broadcast from that point, you know, fifteen years ago, eighteen years ago, however long it was. He would broadcast from a studio he built in his closet. He wouldn't even come into the radio station at that point. What a what an absolute dick bacon. The futures are up a dollar forty three.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't he go into the radio station. You'd think I'd be like the one.
Speaker 1: No, No, he was smart, smart to do Yeah, smart guy, cool guy.
Speaker 2: Cool guy. And that's why he's in the Radio Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: By the way, and that's yeah, that's that's why he's been in the Radio Hall of Fame. So this guy who grew up on his family's dairy farm in Wisconsin took some shots at me, and I think later we kind of made up, but he was so old.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like I was going to be pals with him or anything.
Speaker 1: Fun story John Rip Rip Orion Samuelson, not O'Ryan Samuelson.
Speaker 6: Orion. What a particular name it is.
Speaker 2: You don't hear that anymore. That's that's one of those names.
Speaker 3: It's been put out the pasture, just like him. It's I mean, Orion is a weird name, but it's not like I have heard of, like the throwing it to the weatherman whose name is Sean, but it's spelt scene, like we're gonna go to scene and it's like Scene is not a guy's.
Speaker 6: Name, you know, is it Orion?
Speaker 1: He he didn't like that I screwed it up. He's like I've been at that point. He'd been there for decades and decades and really likes Kathy and Judy.
Speaker 6: She probably there for decades and decades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they sucked, though, God was that bad. I listened to it a little bit before I go out there. It was like one time I remember tuning in and they were like, did you go to the stop and shop the other day?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just see that, And they were like the most mundane over the fence radio, which to me, I hate. It's a sin. It's a sin in broadcasting that for me, i'll never forgive. Worse than getting somebody's name wrong, I'll never forgive a sin like this. It's the kind of radio meant to be controversial to no one, to irritate no one, and sound like two people talking over their face back and forth.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at them.
Speaker 6: So long ago, forty years ago, I thought, you said, boy.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at them.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that they were bad at what they were doing, mostly because you know, I've worked in this industry for a long time, and I know what good and bad sounds like. All Right, we're going to take quick break. When we come back, I'll get to these people who have committed a crime, and I support them. I actually think that these folks did something that we should be happy with. I think that we should laud these people for doing this. One of them was famous. One of them was a celebrity. What happened We're gonna find out. That's coming up next. I'm gonna use junkie somebody around YouTube saying, because we're talking about radio Sean.
Speaker 3: Did you ever listen to.
Speaker 2: The Love Doctors the Love Doctors.
Speaker 1: Back of the day on West Palm, Doctor Rich, Doctor Glenn and Dan O.
Speaker 2: Yes, very much did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean when I was a little kid, I mean pretty young, like seven, eight nine, maybe nine years old, ten years old when they were first starting, well, I used to hear them because my friend was super into them. And then by the time that Beavis and buttead time that must have been. It must have been around there, because we were just these dumb kids, and we thought it would be so funny if we called this Beavis and butt Head into their their show, The Love Doctors and do like horrifically bad Beavis and butthead impression.
Speaker 3: Didn't even sound.
Speaker 1: Close to the actual Beavis and butthead of of MTV lore.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we would. We would do that back in.
Speaker 1: The day and be like, oh man, so funny, so so good.
Speaker 3: Did the actual Love Doctors think it was funny.
Speaker 1: Or not at all? Of course they did. It wasn't funny at all. No, we were terrible and great shows. If you don't know, it's a call in show in South Florida. Uh basically started the format that became what is real radio and was in a lot of markets at one point in time.
Speaker 2: Hell, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean at one point there was maybe maybe a dozen or ten different real radios there. There was a lot of them. It was a talk format much like this show. Was it a love line ripoff or vice versa? I think they were around before love Line, but I'm not positive. And it wasn't really like that. They didn't focus. They took a lot of calls. And people in West Palm know these folks better than anybody obviously, But for the folks who don't know them, they took a lot of calls. It was call her intensive show, absolutely call her intensive show. And they were very, very skilled at keeping a show flowing and making for entertaining radio for many a year. So yeah, I'm very familiar with them. Love that love good radio. I love people who are actually great at broadcasting. It is a craft, and those who are good at it, I absolutely salute them.
Speaker 2: I hope to live up to any of that around here each stay.
Speaker 1: On Saint Patrick's Day, of course, we got you and your dispatches, your emails, all that good stuff that's coming in. And I had an update on a story I wanted to get into the people who are criminals that I support, and I mean this, wait till you hear what these people did. And there was a celebrity involved in this. I think they did the right thing. I think they legitimately did the right thing. But there's an update on that Daytona Beach spring break chaos, which we talked about yesterday, And there was a bunch of people on the beach in particular, they were all gathered around. It seemed like kind of an impromptu thing. Maybe they organized it on social media. There wasn't like an organized party with tents and people with their blankets and laying out on the beach with their Bluetooth speakers and their setups and stuff. It was just a bunch of people standing on the beach and there was a lot of them. There was a ton of these people and then they thought a gunshot went off and they all started running. You've probably seen the video no matter where you live, because it went pretty viral over the last week or so. In the video, everybody on the beach just starts sprinting in different directions at a high rate of speed. But they found out that it wasn't a gunshot. In fact, yesterday, right around this time, our friend Amy Kufel told us, Hey, it wasn't a gunshot according to the sheriff. But then they said what it actually was. And it seems so much dumber to me, so much dumber because Volusha County Sheriff Mike Chitwood says there were zero gunshots on the beach for the viral video. He says there was about fifty deputies in the crowd. There's a lot of cops out there, so.
Speaker 6: They're all standing around not doing anything fun.
Speaker 1: Well, there there was a lot of cops out there. I didn't expect that there would have been that many on the site. But he said the incident was clearly social media driven. Let's all go invade Daytona, said Sheriff Chitwood, But he said it was not a gunshot. He said the sounds were people in the crowd manipulating water bottles to make loud noises that would scare the crowd.
Speaker 6: That like twist. Yeah, I remember doing that in middle school.
Speaker 1: Like popping a water bottle so that everybody thinks you just shot a gun, so that everybody runs crazy and every direction.
Speaker 3: God cool, Like, which if you did that, If you did.
Speaker 1: That, what happens if somebody dies, if they're if you're like, oh, this will be funny. I'm going to pretend like there's a gunshot going on by smashing a water bottle, and then everybody's gonna run. If somebody gets trampled and dies, I feel like you've definitely committed a crime.
Speaker 3: I narrow it down, it's.
Speaker 1: Literally inciting a panic like that is absolutely positively what that is to a t But that's what that was. And I was a god somehow gets it, somehow gets dumber. I was amazed that there were the Actually, I'm not that amazed that young people are showing up for some gathering for spring break.
Speaker 3: That's not amazing to me or shocking or anything.
Speaker 1: But the fact that they're there and trying to screw with each other by faking a loud sound like a gunshot with a water bottle, that is another level of soup.
Speaker 2: But that's that's pretty pretty dumb.
Speaker 6: Now tell me this. Did they go so stupid as to still post the video and take Locke?
Speaker 3: I don't think I haven't seen anybody in the crowd.
Speaker 1: I've only seen those shots where everybody goes and they're running in every direction.
Speaker 2: You could possibly think of.
Speaker 3: How do you think you would feel if you were the guy that was just messing around with your water bottle, just wanted to make a noise, and all of a sudden you pop it and everybody starts running and you're like, I have messed up. Guys, I made a lead a mistake.
Speaker 1: If you were just sitting there just nervously crumbling your empty Zephyr Hills water bottle in front of.
Speaker 2: You and boom, everybody it's the dick.
Speaker 3: And freaks out. At least they're hydrating. That wasn't always an es central part of my spring break. Yeah, I think I think they may have done for Saint Patrick's Day. I think I think they could have possibly done this on purpose. I do see your photos coming in and keep those rolling in today. Please over on thenewsjunkie dot com. Even though it's not a rate my blank Monday, I still want to see what you're rocking for Saint Patrick's Day, and we do have some pretty good ones. The lovely Lolita sends in her gear she's rocking the Irish Ish sweatshirt and also.
Speaker 1: Some yeah, she's doing bottoms. She's rocking top sand bottoms.
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 2: You can see these over on the news.
Speaker 1: Junky dot com in the dispatches section. Here's another person, right. They got the shamrock hat and the Fire Department Irish shirt, which is looking good. Everybody's celebrated doing that thing. Send yours in over on the newsjunkie dot com. This is uh kat pH as well with his Ireland and you've got the he's got the collared shirt on. He's a little fancier here today the collared shirt, but still representing Ireland for Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 3: And then this doesn't bode well for me. Let me bring this up here.
Speaker 1: This appears to be you're wearing sketch another Yucker's original.
Speaker 2: I say, is there audio?
Speaker 6: Or oh wow?
Speaker 2: Just me me just spilling gold?
Speaker 6: Dude, AI so wild?
Speaker 4: They made that legal paper drawing into a full mask.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I did it.
Speaker 1: Made the little leprechaun drawing into a three dimensional.
Speaker 2: Mask that I'm wearing.
Speaker 3: That's wild.
Speaker 2: Wait, do I have a little rattail?
Speaker 3: I think that's just where they tied the mask around the back of your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it almost looks like a little rat tail.
Speaker 3: Sweet like fadeback there going on.
Speaker 6: I kind of want to see you with the rat tail.
Speaker 1: They also put I have glasses on too in this. I don't know why I'm just giving me glasses, but there they go.
Speaker 2: I guess that's going to hold on the mask. Yeah, that's part of the whole mask.
Speaker 1: So you can check this out over on the Dispatches section of the newsjunkie dot com, or if you watch over on the stream, you'll you'll probably see this pop up on the Hall of Fame on the side there.
Speaker 3: All day Yuckers has submitted so much footage to AI to make videos of you that the AI probably has a pretty good like layout of your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, frighteningly, yes, that's probably the case that that calls for another sip of the guinness.
Speaker 3: Now that I even consider that, you know, it is another hour. If we're doing it like Andy Cohen style, Well you you do.
Speaker 1: You you're over there and you're your gear ready for Saint Patrick's Day. Clm, what do you have in your hand?
Speaker 2: What is that? What is that?
Speaker 6: It's a tiny Stanley.
Speaker 2: That is adorable.
Speaker 1: Actually, yes see it's a Stanley that's about like what.
Speaker 2: Four inches tall, but it's like it looks like a full sized Stanley, a green one.
Speaker 6: No less there, happy Sat Patrick's thing.
Speaker 1: Cheers, everybody cheers the Saint Patrick's to everybody, look at us, go to the Irish and all their all their issue.
Speaker 6: Is that the same beer from this morning?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, yeah, I don't. I don't. I'm not a huge fan.
Speaker 1: It's the whiskey, it is, and it's getting a little warm too, and it's it's definitely it's getting a bit warm to be down in here in the studio. And that's how they drink it overseas. No like this, no warm.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get this down. Either that's how they do it or if you want guinness on Saint Patrick's Day at a bar in Ireland, it's so like packed to the gills. They're just porn and porn and pornum and they can't keep it cold. That makes sense, illogically, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I can I can see that being the case. Oh, Lisa G.
Speaker 1: Sends in her her pup one of her dogs ready for St. Patricks. He has an Irish hat on a Leprechawn hat and a beard an orange beard as a leper Kahn herd or dog here, and also a bow tie because why not, baby, take it to the top. This is the way you do things. Go check that out over on the dispatches section of the news junkie dot com. You'll find it right there. I used to have something in St Patrick's e for Lexi or No, not anymore fond of when you put her in a costume or something.
Speaker 2: She doesn't wear a lot of them.
Speaker 1: No, No, I did see that the President of Ireland.
Speaker 3: They people were yelling at her. They were mad at her.
Speaker 1: Because of her the message that she put out for Saint Patrick's Day and all the things that they were mad about. I was like, I didn't even notice these. I didn't even notice that this was the thing they said. She calls Saint Patrick. Instead of saying Saint Patrick, she just says Patrick.
Speaker 3: Like like they're on a first name basis her and Patrick.
Speaker 1: But I didn't Is that like an offensive thing? I've never heard of that?
Speaker 3: Being mad?
Speaker 1: She calls Saint Patrick Patrick four times in turn ignoring Ireland's Catholic historical traditions. Then they also got mad at her this particular person. And by the way, this isn't just some loan around YouTube. This has two point seven million views. Less you think I'm you know, nut picking here, which if you're not aware, is like picking out some crazy enough voice.
Speaker 3: I found you to be a nutpicker.
Speaker 1: Acting like the crazy person is representative of a larger movement. This has two point seven million views, though I don't assume it really represents a large portion of anything. She refuses to wear green, opting for black instead like a funeral.
Speaker 2: So, but she's the president of I wouldn't expect.
Speaker 1: The President of Ireland to come out like, oh boy, you know, and like doing an Irish jig. And then she's got like she got a bunch of green outfits on and a little top hat with the beard that Lisa G's dog has with a red beard. I wouldn't think that any of that would be I don't know. I wouldn't think a president.
Speaker 3: Would be hilarious if she just walked out there decked in any amount of free swag that you would get from a bar today.
Speaker 1: Jamison just to wear it, all this stuff. Then it says she espouses a historically inaccurate version of events, comparing Saint Patrick to a migrant he was a slave. This says to create a modern day socialist propaganda speech disgrace.
Speaker 6: What about the pot of gold?
Speaker 2: If this is bad?
Speaker 7: The story of Patrick's life serves bounder of the resilience and courage of migrants, the invaluable contributions that they have made and continue to make.
Speaker 3: What is the shot trees there?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: You know who decided?
Speaker 1: So they had a head on shot of the President of Ireland and now they decided to switch to a shot of a plant.
Speaker 6: Put this shrub in the corner that is.
Speaker 1: With the Irish president in the background. It's like a weird secondary shot. I know it's a visual but I'm just explaining to Oh, I mean, if it is there out of focus, we can always see the Irish.
Speaker 7: President, even in the face of great adversity. Patrick's story Patrick to the Ireland of the fifth century, but to the millions still subjected to trafficking, forced labor and displacement today as we recalled.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's boring and it's not about all the stuff that I think of when I think of Saint Patrick's Day. But I would never expect the President.
Speaker 3: Of Ireland she's changing enough.
Speaker 1: To talk about the things that I think of on St Patrick's Day.
Speaker 4: I would do it maybe day before next day.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't expect her to be like, ah, I brought a Guinness with me and she comes out to her little podium and starts slamming the guinness and Irish shit and plays the clip I played at the start of the show.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't expect that from her. That would be very, very strange.
Speaker 4: Actually, you imagine being almost the point of blacked out drunk on St Patrick's Day and then hearing this from the president, like what is going on right now?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I would not know how people actually feel about this, But I'm looking at some of the comments.
Speaker 3: I mean, there is a lot more likely to say the sea word just willy nilly over there, So that's really guess what the response could be. They do wing that around a bit.
Speaker 1: It says excellent summary, Kirk. Our history, landscapes and customs are all just props for them to sell their progressive open borders politics. Thanks for calling it out. I bet Rosie o'donald is thrilled, said, somebody is reggae Donald Still, I thought she left Ireland.
Speaker 3: We're let me look at the email.
Speaker 2: O'donald still in Ireland. We need a single serve website for that, Rosie.
Speaker 1: AI says, yes, but that says of twenty twenty five. This the Fox says as of February thirteenth, she returns to the US, but that says for a family visit, so as she was just a vacationing.
Speaker 3: Back in the United States of America.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she is staying for good or what, but that's that's the best I can give you right now. One other thing I wanted to share with you real quick. I'm gona put this up on see it now because it's a pretty interesting photo going very viral, one might say. And this is of the auditorium after the Oscars.
Speaker 3: Oh I saw this yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were trying to show like the celebrities are filthy animals and not really the celebrities left behind all this trash in the theater. Although this looks like it's on the top.
Speaker 3: That is a balcony.
Speaker 2: This is the balcony where I would imagine it's less of the.
Speaker 3: Famous people on the balcony would be my guest. And Michael B. Jordan's dad was up there somewhere was he so the family and friends, maybe you're up there his mom. His mom was closer and because they showed his mom, and then he said, my dad's here too, Dad, where are you? And there was some shouting, but I don't know that they had a camera ready for him.
Speaker 1: They are just so, you know, they all all the gift boxes are what most of the trash is, like they left.
Speaker 3: They're all the same. By the way, gift boxes is kind of a loose term. Those those boxes that they gave to everyone had a note that was, you know, from Conan O'Brien. I would have kept that, yeah, and I would have kept it, but they might have kept the note. And it was just a box with like some really generic theater snacks, like I think there were some gummy bears. There was a bottle of like fancy tap water or flat water, and maybe one or two other things. But that's why all the stuff that's there looks the same. And by the way, I'm pretty sure most theaters Movie Broadway in the theaters like that. If you turn the lights all the way up, it's gonna look a little gross. Oh yeah, I thinks, because I mean even if you zoom in on that picture that we were just looking at, I think it's carpeted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen it myself. After you go to a movie and you just look around afterwards, especially if it's a longer movie, and you see, oh my god, this place is filthy, popcorn buckets everywhere, just an absolute mess afterwards. But yeah, hold on this, this was this is clean up on aisle all, but it is. I can't see if it's messy on the bottom. That's that would be interesting to see if the celebrities made their area down there just as messy as it was.
Speaker 2: Here up on the top.
Speaker 1: But I put it up for you on see it now, go take a look peek at it well you get a chance.
Speaker 3: The note from Conan O'Brien says, dear nominee slash plus one slash seat filler, Welcome to the Oscars. I hope you enjoy this Conan O'Brien moderately happy meal. These snacks may not look like much, but in any movie theater they would run you eighty five dollars. Good luck tonight, have fun and remember that loud, enthusiastic laughter is good for your health and my ego. All the best. Conan with a little drawing of him. It was just it was a box of Swedish fish, a still water bottle that I don't recognize the brand, and a bag of skinny pop. Oh.
Speaker 1: Here, here, here's somebody opening it is this, This is inside. Hang on, this is somebody opening up one of these.
Speaker 3: Oh it's got an Oscars gold seal on it. That's kind of cool. Read there's a Conan note and a little note ceiling.
Speaker 1: Just read cute with a little doodle. It's got a Conan doodle. It says, dear stars slash seat filler. I like, have a great night. ConA liked.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, that's a different note.
Speaker 2: Pretzel's sweetish rich, I mean, not bad A little in there.
Speaker 1: I would have kept some of that stuff for sure. All right, let us know what you think and celebrate Saint Patrick. Stay with us here on the show. Send your dispatches over at thenews junkie dot com. Finally, when we get back, I'll get to the people who have committed a crime, and I am supporting them, and I think I'll be able to drag you along with There was a celebrity involved in this.
Speaker 2: They all got arrested.
Speaker 1: Or or some of them are going to be arrested who didn't get arrested on site, And I think they did something good. I honestly think they did something good. After reading into this, I'll give you the details that's coming up next in the news Junkie almost didn't get to do the show today, another catastrophe. After the show yesterday, I go, I got the podcast done, I got all this stuff ready, and then I said to Courtney, guys off and do. I'm like, all right, I go out for a run. And then I'm I'm about to leave the front door. And I swear to God, as I swung the front door of my house open, I heard the transformer in the neighborhood blow like as the front door swings open, here boom. I go, oh my god, And I said, what was that? And I ducked down to look back in the front door in like the area where you could see in, and I saw that the aquarium was still on. But I was like, oh, that's got battery back up and stuff and I realized, oh, the power just went out, like literally as I opened the As I opened the door, the transformer busted.
Speaker 3: It was rough all around town. I mean, the wind was so super high. Weirdly, not as much rain as I thought there would be, but there was plenty. Yeah, but the wind was crazy yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was pretty bad out there.
Speaker 1: And then when that went down, all of a sudden, there's a big network server that I used to run my studio, and the network server went down for the count.
Speaker 3: And I talked to Austin Austin, and Austin goes.
Speaker 1: Like, I, you know, I gotta I gotta work until like two, and then I got to wake up at seven and do more work, and I go, oh, forget it, man, I'm gonna try to figure this out somehow, some way, with the help of a little AI, I was able to get things back up and running. But I thought for sure. I was like, I screwed it up. Well, it doesn't meet really, but I thought something broke big and we were gonna be able to do the show today. But thankfully that's up and running and all is well. The studio is trying to crumble around me, but I continue to get it stronger than it was before.
Speaker 3: At least that's the way it seems to be. Right now.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about the because this is a true story. And after reading about this, I said, I support these people. In fact, how could you not support these people?
Speaker 2: Here's the deal. Here's what happened.
Speaker 1: An actress from Baywatch, Alexandra Paul, she got arrested in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: This happened over the weekend. She got arrested in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: I support her, and I support the people who are with her, twenty other people who got arrested. I don't often end up on the same side as animal rights activists. Now you might say, well, what don't you like animal sean? I love animals. I would never hurt an animal on purpose. Okay, I would never ever ever do this. I love animals.
Speaker 3: I love my dog.
Speaker 1: We have a cat, junkie cat. Love love animals. Would never want to do anything to hurt these animals on purpose. But generally, when people identify on you elves. Never heard an animal on accident, either, right, I have, Well, we all do from time to time.
Speaker 3: And we don't all do that from time to time.
Speaker 2: Animals big and small. You might be stepping on them.
Speaker 1: You might not even know little tiny ones, or hitting with your cars and pips, and I would not do it on purpose. But when somebody says to me, I'm an animal rights activist, there's usually a lot packed into that. Just the word activists, usually you're pretty far out there. There's not a lot of people are like, yeah, I'm an animal rights activist, and I believe that we should treat our dogs well and we should make sure we're giving our animals optimal lives. No, they're usually like, here's what I believe. It's very very intense, you know, it's like an intense activism thing. But I absolutely agree with these animal rights protesters who went along with sixty two year old actress Alexandra Paul from Baywatch and busted into a facility on Sunday morning. Now, they all were wearing these white suits like they were protected from some sort of meth lab or that like a white hasmat suit. Sabernia other put these these hazmat suits on and they bust it into this place. And inside were rows and rows and rows of beagles the type of dog, and the beagles are just sitting in these these rows, one after another after another after another, and they bust the beagles out and they literally pick them up one apiece and they run out of the facility with the beagles to bring them somewhere and you know, give them some freedom or something, right, And I.
Speaker 2: Go, well, what's going on here? Why are they doing this?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What are these people up to?
Speaker 1: And I hear that this this is a place called Rigeland Dogs r I D G L A N all right, Rigeland Dogs Ridgelind Farms is the name of the actual facility. And this is a facility where they purposely breed beagles solely for the purpose of selling them for experimentation.
Speaker 3: So and that's okay.
Speaker 1: They sell them off to places that then test medicines and all sorts of things on these poor beagles. And Sam on YouTube says, it's a puppy mill. Worse, it's a puppy mill specifically to breed animals to be tested on down the road.
Speaker 3: In a cord to.
Speaker 1: Law, they already argued that what was happening with the beagles at this facility, Ridgeland Farms was unlawful. They said that this was inhumane and unlawful, and they ordered them to free all of these beagles by May first. And I think the activists have a really good point when they say something here.
Speaker 2: They said, if what they're doing right now.
Speaker 1: Is wrong and inhumane and illegal, why are we going to wait until May first to release the dogs from this situation?
Speaker 4: Like you don't think they're going to get all other life last many minute testing done on the poor vehicles.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that these folks were right to do this morally all legally.
Speaker 3: They're not the ones doing the testing. It's the I mean, yes, we should be concerned about what's going on with this riginland farms. We should also be concerned about their customer list.
Speaker 1: That's the The issue is what happens to the dogs after.
Speaker 2: They're they're raised that way.
Speaker 1: But even the facility was determined to be inhumane by a court of law, and the court somehow said like, all right, see if you can fix that up by May first or sometime in May, And these people say, well.
Speaker 3: No, if it's wrong in May, it's wrong right now, let the dogs go.
Speaker 2: We'll take the dogs.
Speaker 1: We'll take these dogs and we'll home them or do whatever we have to do. They've all been arrested, all the people who are involved in this, including the Baywatch actor.
Speaker 3: Their website claims we are a USDA Class A dog breeder as well as a USDA licensed Class R research facility. We're committed to the highest standards of health and quality, which is backed by our AA LAC, whatever the hell that is. They got national accreditation for Animal care and welfare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, so they just hand those things out.
Speaker 1: They're telling you, hey, a lot after reading about some of the sand flea and other tests that they do on these kind of beagles and the way that they do these things to them. I'm not only not for that, but if a court said this was inhumane and the way that they were treating them was against the law, I think grabbing them now is aokay with me. So it might have been against the law, but I'm I'm for.
Speaker 2: It as far as I can see here.
Speaker 1: They said the nineties, saw that's this Alexandra Paul from Baywatch and roughly sixty fellow activists, all clad in white protective.
Speaker 2: Damn sixty people, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Were filmed breaking into the facility Sunday morning and clutching the pooches tightly as they filed out and see if you can find out how many dogs are in that facility because they number broke thirty dogs. Bro got thirty, but there was a lot more. I think too, I believe there was more.
Speaker 4: Do you think Anderson's so mad that she wasn't involved? Considering how much she loves animal activision.
Speaker 1: She usually is tied to things like this. I'm sure she would support it.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 3: If you do, let us know, send us.
Speaker 1: A dispatch over at the Newsjunkie dot com, thenewsjunkie dot com, or email the show tips at the Neewsjunkie dot com. When we come back the next episode with Sabrina, What's coming.
Speaker 3: Up on the next episode.
Speaker 6: What's coming new on the next episode?
Speaker 4: Free Beagles final record sales hit record numbers for the first time since the nineteen eighties, and Vinnie Vincent hits record cuckoo for the first time since the nineteen eighties. Plus, Jenny, I got your number, but now you need to make some time to go get checked for cancer. All done, so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next on The News Junkie. I saw a lot of you were even trying yesterday. A lot of you were checking out the beta beta version of chat over on the news Junkie dot com slash chat.
Speaker 2: It's very, very beta.
Speaker 1: It's just being developed, but I like that people are poking in there and testing some things out. You can add each other, you can talk back and forth. If you miss somebody adding you and sending you a message on chat, you can see that by clicking the button there next to messages. Lots of new features launching there and a lot more to come, So go check that out when you get a chance. If you want to poke in at Thenewsjunkie dot com slash chat. All right, let's get into it. Let's do the next episode, because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about? Bring back Kathy and Judy. I love them so much.
Speaker 2: Nothing nice.
Speaker 3: It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Hey, small Weed hold us.
Speaker 6: The next episode brought.
Speaker 4: To you by that Mortgage Guy on That Mortgage Guy Don dot Com and the On Loans radio show. Looking to refinance, Maybe find yourself a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, especially if that pot of gold is money you left on the table from not comparing your first mortgage quote.
Speaker 6: Work with that mortgage guy Don.
Speaker 4: He's an expert, he's your friend, he makes the process easy, and he's really cool to hang out with. So start all of those things and so much more by going to that mortgage guy don dot com.
Speaker 2: Do miss the vote?
Speaker 12: That mortgage guy dot.
Speaker 3: Com well a mortgage guy.
Speaker 4: And per Saint Patrick's Day tradition, it was twenty one years ago on this day, two thousand and five, that this gal right here who clean the she's not big, she's at ki wreck. And in two thousand and five, low Kim was convicted of how the Irish say, federal perjury charges for lying to a grand jury about a two thousand and one shootout that went down outside a Manhattan radio station Hot ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Man Radio stations were dangerous back then.
Speaker 4: Good luck, you've got a you've got an iPad to check into if you Anyways, somehow she was sentenced to a year in one day and was not.
Speaker 6: A little rat. So there you have it. Now, let's fast forward to twenty twenty six. We got the biopic.
Speaker 1: Coming up, oh Michel Michael Jackson and.
Speaker 4: With feature films. As of the last couple of years. What else is attached to big movies and their premiere?
Speaker 6: And a hot item that maybe.
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson popcorn bucket?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 2: Was it just like his head or something as weird?
Speaker 6: Oh kind of? It's the fedora that was on his head.
Speaker 4: Dora shape popcorn and a gold album of popcorn tin. I sent you the link in the group chat if you want to peep it. Both items have surfaced ahead of the film's opening date, already drawing a lot of attention from collectors of popcorn buckets or Michael Jagson stuff. I think they could have done better, maybe a glove.
Speaker 1: So the gold record is just the top of a bucket. So you just took like a bucket top and made it gold and that's it. And then the hat is just I mean, it's just a hat. You flip it upside down, you put popcorn in it.
Speaker 6: Now, can't you wear it?
Speaker 1: Maybe my expectations are high because I've seen the Dune popcorn backet and all the other crazy ones that they've done.
Speaker 6: You bang it.
Speaker 3: The cups there are perfect for your Jesus juice. I think you know true.
Speaker 4: For everything currently happening in the theater, collectibles. We have Super Mario Galaxy movie popcorn bucket that was also very high. The Dune bucket, as Sean mentioned, which I believe still is the number one most bangable popcorn bucket.
Speaker 6: If my records reflect properly.
Speaker 3: They are your records.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Fedora popcorn bucket will be available when that movie comes out, which is opening April twenty fourth, twenty twenty six. And let's move on because he's off the market. Sorry, gimme fuel, gimme fire, give me your hand in marriage Metalica and it is ridiculous, and forgive me because I did not send it in time. Sea Lane, can you do me a solid look up? James Hetfield proposing to his girlfriend here in.
Speaker 6: A shark tank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, they're in a shark tank. I just see them when I saw this earlier, I could just see them wearing masks and look like they're in the ocean or something.
Speaker 6: Full underwater during a shark dive.
Speaker 4: He proposed to his longtime girlfriend Adriana Gillette. Okay, not sure if she's from the Shaver Razor family. Unclear where they were besides underwater and surrounded by sharks, but it was whale sharks and they are considered gentle giants.
Speaker 3: Is it weird that he put her first and last name on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it looks it looks different than the where they wrote. He wrote will you marry me on the bottom, and then he wrote her name on top.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was hoping audio of him like owner, the caption is so dumb. In a sea full of fish, we caught each other.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: It kind of like just a little bit for the day, lessens his rockstar persona absolutely, I mean James Headfield like just puffs a cigar and watches the fireworks while while Lars does the drum solo just so man, the man of all men. When he's doing that, and then the sea of fish we caught each.
Speaker 1: Other, You're like, so, you're you're saying it should have been gimme fuel, gimme fire, give me your hand in marriage, just to make it part of a rock song. A little little edgier would.
Speaker 2: Have been better, could have been brilliant. No, there's no way to do it right. It's not.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be Metallica cool.
Speaker 6: He likes her, well, guess what we're getting older.
Speaker 4: He likes for big Time and I don't know if I like this.
Speaker 3: Gimme fuel, give me fire, sign this prenuptial agreement.
Speaker 4: Also, you can't have my last name, yow eight six seven, five three oh nine.
Speaker 2: Whose number Tommy Jenny's.
Speaker 6: That is Jenny's number.
Speaker 4: And unfortunately some bad news for Jenny fans after so many years. It will not connect you to Jenny. It will be connecting you to cancer Help.
Speaker 1: Yeah you ready, I mean it's catching people know the number.
Speaker 4: Uh cancer Support group and one area code at least if you dial and I don't know, they put CSC you know CS on the number bad two seven to two for those unfamiliar with texting back in the day eight toox seven, five through oh nine, you'll be able to talk to a professional at the Cancer Support Community. Tommy Heath of the band Tommy twotone Yeah, says he's proud to be a part of the effort.
Speaker 3: And I did not know that that was a band name. I thought Tommy twotone was just the guy's like persona name, Tom Eith.
Speaker 4: He's all about the health and he is part of the cancer Support Community. Number attach or used to be to Jenny because he dealt with a minor bout of skin cancer.
Speaker 6: Back in the day.
Speaker 4: He says, I'm out on tour with a lot of bands and suddenly someone's not there. Cancer is affecting us all. Anyone check up on.
Speaker 2: Jenny No Word.
Speaker 3: Thinks she changed her number.
Speaker 6: On the boop Tube.
Speaker 4: We've got basketball Good Luck to NCAA, UMBC Howard, Texas and NC State on True TV. We also have professional basketball, Go Bucks, Cavaliers, Kings, and Spurs, seventeenth season premiere of seven Little Johnson's Are They Little Anymore? We also have Santum Special, Mark Norman, None to Please on Netflix and catch Chelsea Handler on Kimmel, Follow your Dreams of Me on Instagram at so Brita and brom Most importantly, stay with Me America.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: I'm always interested in some of the unhinged emails that come in where I just I sit there at the moment.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that.
Speaker 1: Guy who emails all the time, though he isn't entertaining in a way and it's inconsistent in a way. Yeah, but this is like, whenever I get an email like this the tips at the news Junkie dot Com, I'm like, I sit there and it's almost a fun little game to try to figure out what the hell they're talking about. Somebody emailed and they said global pizza chain goes bankrupt. And then the email is, Domino's Pizza has not gone bankrupt, it's just one of its franchises. You lying, effing pieces of ass, sir, What are you talking about. No one ever said that on this show, guarantee you, nobody ever said that on this show.
Speaker 3: I said that Burger King was pulling a Dominoes in as much as Dominoes was tanking. They were among the list of worst pizza places. And then they said, they said, hey, what's wrong with us, Let's see what everybody says about us, and let's make ourselves better, which they did, and they were really good after that.
Speaker 2: Right, All that is accurate.
Speaker 3: All that is true, and then they filed for bankruptcy. That part's not I think we should keep going on. So it's so dumb. I don't I don't understand.
Speaker 1: People send these emails, and it's like this combination that I've been talking about of loud, dumb, and wrong, the combination of loud, dumb, and wrong.
Speaker 3: This via email, of.
Speaker 1: Course, but it's like Domino's Pizza is not going to bankrupt just one of its franchises.
Speaker 2: You like fing pieces of ass.
Speaker 1: It's like, damn, bro, you exploded and you have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what your connection to any of this is.
Speaker 4: But do I have enough time in this commercial break to find out his connection to Dominoes because there's a passion behind that.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: Also Jonathan email tips in the news junker dot com. He says, sub junkies. I'm sure you guys realize this, But Sabrina sounded shocked and appalled about these dog slash animals being used for experimentation. All sorts of animals get used for tests on medication or other things every day. All these medicines that we use get tested on animals first before they're allowed to do human trials. I don't like it either, but it has to be done, and it does happen every day. I don't know that that's the truth. I think there are many I think there are many things that we have as breakthrough medicines and products every single day that didn't go through any sort of tested on animals.
Speaker 2: Part of their life cycle.
Speaker 1: In fact, the idea that we need to do this like we hate it.
Speaker 3: I hate it as much as you do.
Speaker 1: But we still have to do it, and we still have to test on animals. Is something that's going to be seen as so dated in probably the next five years, with the ability to use artificial intelligence for various things, it will be very clear in the short that you do not have to do things like that.
Speaker 2: It's even clear right now.
Speaker 1: Like I said, there's many many different things out there, medicines and other things that are launched every single year that you use that you rely and that we're big breakthroughs that had nothing to do with testing on dogs or animals or monkeys or or anything like that. It's just not true that that is something that has to be done. It is true that we need humans to be the ga A lot.
Speaker 4: Of people that have made some decent money being the human guinea.
Speaker 3: Pigs for it.
Speaker 2: My mom used to do it.
Speaker 1: I signed up for the trial when it was the vaccine for COVID. Of course I got water, I got the you know, the placebo. I didn't get the actual for you probably did, but now, yeah, or maybe that explains what happened, right, But that is just not true.
Speaker 2: It's like, this is the nature of the beast, we just have to do it.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that we have to now.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that that's part of our future, and I fundamentally morally believe it is a wrong to harm animals, even if for the advancement of human beings. I think that's an easy place to put your foot down.
Speaker 3: But hey, that's just me.
Speaker 7: You be you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the email, Jonathan Tipsthewsjunkie dot com. With yours, we'll get into more of your dispatches. We got some more St. Patrick's Day get ups that are popping through here.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 1: They're very, very good, and we'll get some more of those. I also want to talk about there's a really interesting twist that I want to put in jury duty.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that this would be a possibility, but there's somebody that's facing jail, probably for the rest of their lives, and they just came up with the most clever way to avoid jail.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about that. We'll get into it. It's coming up next on the news.
Speaker 1: Junkie got some clips for you in a second I want to play. And also somebody who pulled the ultimate Uno switch card when the cops are trying to put them behind bars for maybe the rest of their lives, and they said, oh bam, they threw down an Uno switch card that I think he'll appreciate.
Speaker 3: Stelan.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do with this now, but we will talk about that story. Is this something in just a bit we could learn from. I mean, it's a clever move. So I always think about when like, let's say you have let's just get into the story.
Speaker 2: We'll do it real quick, all right.
Speaker 1: I always think about stories like this, and I go, let's say an attorn you're an attorney and somebody comes to you and you go, oh god, you're not a great client to have. You are Casey Anthony? How did you wander into my office here?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: And then you got to think, well, that person deserves representation. And I even want the bad guys to have good representation. I want people to get their day in court. Our justice system, I think, by and large, is pretty good and mostly fair. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but mostly fair. And I think that it relies on a lot of these attorneys who defend the bad guys, and some of them are freaking genius. Some of these attorneys, like the bad guy comes in and goes, hey, look, you might have heard about me on the news. Here's what they're alleging I did, and I need a defense for this. And some of the attorneys are like a defense, They crack their knuckles and they come up with the craziest defense you've ever heard of. One of the people that has ended up in this scenario is a guy named Brian Cole Junior. And I'm sure most of you will hear Brian Cole Junior and be like, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: I have no idea who that is.
Speaker 1: Well, you might know this person from what they are alleged to have done. And they're the alleged person who put the pipe bombs in the capitol.
Speaker 2: Ooh.
Speaker 1: For like at the DNC and the RNC when they found the pipe bombs and then forever, there was like a lot of really weird security footage of somebody in a hoodie walking around and covering themselves up and wearing a mask, etcetera, etcetera. They had no clue who this person was. Forever they were trying to track them back and figure out who they were. But it was very much like the Guthrie case, where it just it seemingly went nowhere.
Speaker 2: Even though there were.
Speaker 1: Security footage of this person, we couldn't figure out where they came from. And then the website the Blaze came out and they said that it was I think they said it was some woman. Yeah, and they said, we've done it, and they named her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's her name.
Speaker 1: And because of the way that she walks, and because of the way that the DC pipe bomber walks, we've determined it's the same person. They're still probably gonna get screwed for that, but they waited, and a while later they arrested this guy for putting these pipe bombs at the DNC and the RNC and his AIM's Ryan Cole Jr. And so, just like a lot of other hated people or people who are probably facing a lot of time behind bars, he gets some attorneys, and the attorneys go, I appreciate that you have brought these charges against my client, and I appreciate that you're going to try to put it behind bars for quite some time. But I'd like to present to you that President Trump issued a pardon. It was a full, complete and unconditional pardon to people convicted of crimes tied to events at or near the Capitol.
Speaker 6: On January So wow.
Speaker 1: And they said, even though he hasn't been convicted, his lawyers say the language plainly shields him because his alleged conduct was inextricably tethered to that day. Oh, the White House says, the pardon clearly does not cover this scenario. I don't know who's right or wrong, but isn't that a solid strategy for the attorneys of the scot.
Speaker 4: Took a lot of research or tragbt was like other things that happened on this day besides the murder.
Speaker 1: Like, look, this guy, you know, might fall in under the blanket pardon that was given for the jan six people because it was January sixth that they've found the pipe bombs, and that's the defense that his attorneys are going to use.
Speaker 2: And yeah, the White House.
Speaker 1: Says, clearly this does not cover this scenario. For one things, the bombs were allegedly placed on January fifth, But Cole's attorneys argue that some of those convicted and granted clemency were, like him, accused of transporting weapons into Washington ahead of January sixth, per NBC News, lawyers add that Cole, like other January sixth defendants, was motivated by grievances about the twenty twenty presidential election, and is alleged to have directed desire at Capitol Hill in time with the January sixth certification of the Electoral College vote. The administration is expected to fight the motion, even as it has pushed an expanse reading of the clemency order.
Speaker 4: So is it going to go to a jury trial because that kind of argument is going to put into some of the jury members beyond reasonable doubt.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's kind of interesting because if I was a juror and they said, well, I don't need to think about anything other than this. There is a pardon, right. The pardon is for anybody that is charged with something that happened on this day, for this event.
Speaker 2: I have the pardon text up.
Speaker 3: It says, commute the sentences of the following individuals convicted of offenses related to events that occurred blah blah blah, and then it lists a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: That's section all on one second, real quick to Florida Scratcher on YouTube says, well, first of all, he planted bombs. He didn't storm a building. Go ahead, let's see if that says anything about storm and the building.
Speaker 3: Section A had a list of people who I believe it says, commute the sentences of the following individuals convicted of offenses related to the events to time served as of January twentieth. And there's a list to people who are in jail or whatever. And Section B, and I think this is the very important part. Grant a full, complete and unconditional pardon to all other individuals convicted of offenses related to events that occurred at or near the United States Capital on January sixth, twenty twenty one. Hell, you could argue that if you robbed the liquor store across from the Capitol that that happened. Yeah, you know, it's a very wide berth as far as pardons go.
Speaker 1: Like, it might not work, but it's a pretty good strategy. Take the politics out of it completely. If you're an attorney, the guy comes in, the Feds are accusing him of putting pipe bombs at the Capitol, and they've put this case up against this guy and they want to send him away for a very long time.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty clever legal strategy.
Speaker 1: To be like, hey, you already issued a pardon for things that happened around that.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, though, it says individuals convicted of offenses, does that mean already convicted? Well, has there been any has there been any precedent set that said somebody who was convicted after this pardon was issued, which was blah blah blah January twenty, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would think that the intent would be anybody who was convicted of it even after this moment, because if.
Speaker 3: You only if you only if you were still in court for it, or maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could have been in court, or they could go, Okay, well we had to free all these people because of the pardon, but now we're going to launch charges against ten more people for the same exact thing, even though there's been a pardon on this.
Speaker 3: So I feel like that should apply to people in the future.
Speaker 1: Now, I would argue this guy's motivation was completely and totally different. This was a completely different crime that this guy was a part of.
Speaker 3: I don't think it matters.
Speaker 1: By the way, One of the key things I would argue is this guy had no idea the crime that was going to actually occur on January sixth, That was not part of his planning process at all.
Speaker 3: I don't think it matters. I mean, I want admit it.
Speaker 2: It's a good strategy.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting. I think it's an interesting strategy.
Speaker 3: All other individuals convicted of offenses related to events that occurred at or near It's just says events. I mean events is a lot of events. Well, I'm having an event right now.
Speaker 1: Over in chat. What do you think should this apply to the guy who was putting down these pipe bombs? Or I mean, more importantly, is this a good strategy? What do I think it's I think it's a great strategy. Do you think it Do you think it should work? I think it's going to be tough. I don't know how, because you know, I'm no legal scholar. I don't know how to interpret pardons in this way of bombings.
Speaker 3: But I mean I think this is I think it should work. I think, you know, now, I'm kind of rooting on this guy. I don't know he's got I think he's got a good chance. I'm not rooting for the pipe bomber, unlike ceiling.
Speaker 4: But no pipe bombs same here. But he found some very interesting. It seems to be good defense attorneys. We'll see when it actually goes core to keep them on.
Speaker 3: A list somewhere, make sure we're you know, watching over this guy.
Speaker 1: But the rest of it would have been that they go, well, you got it wrong, you have the wrong guy.
Speaker 2: It wasn't really him, and they were focused on that.
Speaker 1: They're just saying, forget your case, forget anything. All I need to know is if this parton applies also to my.
Speaker 2: Client, because if it does, see you later, alligator, we don't clean to have anything there.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine the mind f and possible outrage that would be going on right now if one of those bombs had exploded.
Speaker 1: Like if people died as a result and because of.
Speaker 13: That pot as a result of the things that, yeah, but more so if this would have blown up most of the people, if I recall correctly, were there was like suicides and people who had like heart attacks and stuff.
Speaker 1: For the January sixth related thing, If somebody literally blew up because of this guy's pipe bomb, or a bunch of people did, and it killed a bunch of people, then it was like, hey, actually you can't take these back seas a pardon because.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you can, right if you issue a pardon, I don't think you can rescind a pardon. I think the part like you've released it, unleashed it into the legal world.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think about it. I said, it's a dispatch of the news junkie died.
Speaker 3: Count It's another weird argument you're making right now because, uh, you know whether or not you can rescind a pardon. There has been argument by the President that Joe Biden's pardons shouldn't be valid because they were signed with an auto pen, and that they should rescind all those pardons. So, I mean, he could argue that you can risten to pardon and he would risten this one. I don't know it, man. It's a really weird.
Speaker 1: What if Trump says, actually, I used an auto pen on that one, So we are going to have to overturn that.
Speaker 2: I'll write a new one and I'll be.
Speaker 1: Specific, and I'll go this applies to everybody except for the pipe bomb guy, just so you know he's not involved in this.
Speaker 2: We'll see what you think about this. Again. All of the politics out of it.
Speaker 1: It's just sort of an interesting legal jiu jitsu strategy that they're utilizing here, which I think is kind of smart on their part. All right, let's go over to We could do some dispatches here in a moment, we'll work some of those in the show. I got a lot more people showing off their Saint Patrick's Day gear two here is let's see, here's shark bait talking about Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 5: Good morning, junkies. What's happening, man? I am so happy to have today off. I wish there were some Saint Patrick's Day things going on, but I know I missed that over the weekend. Today it's my first official day off from both of my jobs and twenty three DS. So I slept in and now I'm going to go to my local bar and I'm going to drink happy today.
Speaker 3: Goodbye, I'm gonna say. And there's plenty of things going on just because it's not the weekend.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 3: I mean, there are myriad bars that just opened in the morning just because it's today, and there'll be plenty of places that will welcome you with open arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's I mean, there's always a place on Saint Patrick's day. There's a damn countdown timer on a lot of bars, just every single hour and second until it gets there.
Speaker 2: There's places that are ready for you.
Speaker 1: I wanted to share this real quick, and we'll get into some of the clips I've got for you in a moment here, because I've got a lot of viral clips too. But speaking of viral, this has exploded eight point three million views for this post, eight point three million views. And I want to know this is going directly to parents out there and maybe just people in relationship ship's generally speaking, if you have done this, so, this woman says online in a view with a three a post with eight point three million views, she says, my daughter texted me from a party. She said in the text message, Mom, do we still have ice cream at home? We don't. That's the code. Ice Cream means come get me right now. Cookies means call me in five minutes with an excuse. Nothing means I'm okay, she said ice cream. This mom says, I didn't ask questions, I didn't text back.
Speaker 2: I just grabbed my keys and drove.
Speaker 1: When she got in the car, she said quietly, people started bringing out things I didn't want to be around. I guess at this party she was at. We drove home in silence. Every kid deserves a way out with having to explain themselves first. And so she's saying, like she made a deal with her kid where I'm going to text you and it'll be like a code in it. And in the code, if you get this, you're agreeing that if you pick me up, no questions asked, Like you're not going to question me, You're just gonna pick me up because I'm telling you this is a bad situation, one that I want to get out of, but I also don't want to get in trouble for it. And she says, I didn't ask any questions. I didn't text back. I went and picked her up, and we drove home in silence. And I wonder how many of you have secret codes like this for situations I did similar to.
Speaker 4: That, a code like that, but it was if anyone came up to you when I was little, like you're something's wrong with your parents, or you know, I'm.
Speaker 6: Here to pick you up, there was a code word.
Speaker 2: Oh that they had to say to you.
Speaker 6: I supposed to know.
Speaker 1: So there was a code word that your parents would have to transmit through anybody who was who is going to pick you up in an emergency.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I feel like it was the dog's name or something like that. Never got abducted or had a stranger give me the code word, but it was a thing. And I do remember also parents offering I'll come pick you up, no questions asked.
Speaker 6: But we didn't have texting back then.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there was no questions asked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my parents wouldn't have done the no questions asked me. Like, we're still gonna talk about it.
Speaker 3: My mom said, you know, if there's ever a situation that I don't feel comfortable in, or especially if there is a situation where you're trying to get home from somewhere, or you're trying to get back to somebody's house from somewhere and the person that's driving you don't trust them, you know, to be sober, you know, just call me, I'll come pick you up. I don't know that there was a no questions asked thing. I think it would be hard to to say that as a parent and then like sit there and not actually ask the questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the most important thing is that you don't get in trouble. I guess there's there's a lot of people chiming in on this. Somebody says telling the kiddos that mommy and daddy are going to the bedroom to pay the bills. That, Kevin, that's not what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's different that I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: And this might be something you have with your partner too, like your wife, your husband, whatever you might Yeah, you might have one of these things where you if you go up to them and you go, huh, I'm gonna be playing shuffle board one of these days. And shuffleboard is something where you go that means I want to leave. I don't want to be at the place anymore. I find it to be awkward. There's somebody there I don't want to be around. I'm uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: See, women just have the eyes like and even with your girl group, where we just look at each other and that means let's leave right now or get this creep away from the circle of the gal's gabin.
Speaker 1: This mother says it was the code with her daughter that helped her out in this case. Eight point three million views and some of the responses were like this, he's one of the more popular responses, why the f can't she just text you to come and get her now? Somebody says, when my daughters were somewhere they didn't like, they texted, please come get me. These people are retarded? Works just as well. Do her friends watch her text or something? While all the secret codes? What kind of people is your daughter hanging out with that she needs secret codes? Somebody pointing out that the account's based in Southeast Asia.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's true or not.
Speaker 1: Obs, why can't you just text you come get me? Ain't nobody reading her texts? Is a straight lie? Click pait et cetera, et cetera. So that's why I wanted to bring it to to everybody to go.
Speaker 3: Is the account based in Southeast Asia?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can find out. I want to ask you, are you actually doing this with your kids? Do you have these sorts of codes? It does say account based in Southeast Asia.
Speaker 4: I would rather my mom asked me the questions than post about this and it goes viral.
Speaker 6: With how many millions of views and comments?
Speaker 1: So a lot a lot of commentary on this. But I'm interested in two fronts. One do you actually have these kind of code words with your kids. And two, why the code words? Why can't they just say, hey, come pick me up right now, I need your help that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Mel On YouTube says.
Speaker 1: We never had no questions asked, but if my kids ever asked, I would get them for any situation. Usually my kid would spill the beans without being asked. That's the relationship that you formed the kid that actually is a smart, good one. That's the way like if you tell your kids like Dylan. Dylan would tell me like I got in trouble for this or I did this, and I never once would as him being my son, come at it from like this weird angry parent level.
Speaker 2: I'd just be like, how can we fix this? How can we not do this again?
Speaker 1: And because I was kind of lax on that stuff, it sort of made him more open about it with me. He didn't care as much. He would tell me what was going on. It's not really for texting, it's for actual talking, says loose Neutral on Tjchat. So for like yeah, so to verbally say something instead of a text. Give us your thoughts on this, parents, send your dispatches in at the news. Junky dot com or email tips tips at the news Junkie dot com.
Speaker 3: A very very.
Speaker 1: Good clip that might make your giggle. When we come back, I'll play this for you. Went down to the White House not too long ago. We'll get see your feedback on this and much more. And it's coming up next on the News Junkie. Somebody in Chad says, hey, you're talking about this story that's gone viral where this woman said, Oh, my daughter texted me, hey, do we have any ice cream at home? And that's a code and it means I should pick my daughter up immediately, and I told her no questions asked. She told me that there were some things happening at the house so she was uncomfortable with She wanted to get away from them, so she sent me the text message. A lot of the people were saying like, well, if it's a text message, who's looking just say pick me up? Come pick me up right now. It seems like you're making up a story here, which maybe that's the case. There's a lot of engagement bank the Internet's full of it, but this is a real thing that people actually do. You have these sort of agreements with your kids and if you ever call me and tell me you need help. I'll come get you. No questions asked. Somebody said, I've been thinking about using a code like that for my parents to keep that from getting scammed by people who might call and through AI or whatever go hey, you know your son. We've got him. He's in the hospital and we've got your son right now. He's being booked into prison. You know the scams that they do, and they'll call a parent, they'll go, your your child is in a real bad way right now. And he said, you have a password with your parents or a code for your parents, so that I could say, hey, it is me or it is not me when you hear this code, if they go, hey, your son is heading to jail right now, by the way, snuffle up agus. You go, Okay, that's him. That's what the code word was. That's what we were actually doing. That's the real thing. So that is kind of a smart idea, I think, although they'll have to have workarounds like they have for absolutely everything, but I think that is kind of a smart idea. We'll get into more of your dispatches, emails, all the rest in just a moment here on the show. Jay's saying when I was growing up, my mom and dad had separated and my dad was kind of a jerk. So me and my mom had a safe word, which was elephants, and if I said that over the phone, they she knew there was a problem and she would come to the rescue to get me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people do this for real. I don't know if it's needed in the texts, Like if you are texting somebody, it seems like you just go, hey, why.
Speaker 3: Don't you just come pick me up right now? Well, I mean the in the case of the dad being not a great guy and having the elephant thing, you might want to codify it in case the dad goes through the text messages yeah, no, right, which they could be.
Speaker 1: Other people are saying cops won't pass a message that they don't understand. Maybe, I mean, it's at least an interesting tool to help instead of younger people in this case, older people and prevent them from getting scammed, because that is why would not.
Speaker 3: Pass the message if they that they don't understand. If you know, they said this is how my you know parents are or this is how my family member will know that this is serious, my my worry would be me not being able to give the cop the message, you know, I am unconscious.
Speaker 1: Or the scammer could say your son is in Saint Patrick's Day unconscious. Arriving there, he goes, he's got his old Saint Patrick's Day, gets in the studio over there and uh, he is uber to the station.
Speaker 6: Goes another one, very creative segue into drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it always is. Most segues are into drinking here on the show.
Speaker 2: It appears or is your warm? Guinness, I gave up.
Speaker 1: On it, so Mary, I only have like a third left.
Speaker 6: Well, pop open the other one I know is a no.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have anymore.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: I think it might have been the last one. Or I'll save it for a special occasion.
Speaker 3: Special occasion, Guinness.
Speaker 13: Huh who Dan Patrick's Day?
Speaker 2: So yeah, we could talk more about that.
Speaker 1: But that was an interesting thing that people were starting to comment on here on the show. So let us know about the code where it's happening in your family. I said, there was something that happened in the White House which was weird. There's a couple of reports floating around. If you've been following what's happening with Iran. The United States is with Israel bombing Iran.
Speaker 3: Bomb bomb, bomb, bomb bomb.
Speaker 1: It's finally happening here, and they're bombing Iron and they killed Kamani, who is the supreme leader of Iran, and a bunch of the people around him. They were like the leadership, pretty brutal theocratic dictatorship, leadership structure in Iran. Iran a country that is literally like the Handmaid's Tale for women and certainly gay people having a very very tough experience in places like Iran, and just regular people too, just average individual citizens have tough times living under a supreme leader with a whole bunch of theocratic rules. And that's what life has been like for a very long time, and that's why a lot of Iranians have raged against it. So the United States and Israel move in, We blow up Kamani, the original guy, and we blow up a whole bunch of other people.
Speaker 2: And then they nominate the.
Speaker 1: Successor to this supreme leader and they nominate his son. Now, the story some of you might not have heard is that they decided to bomb the Sun too, And there's audio of the Sun.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they recorded this.
Speaker 1: Maybe they just were tapping his phones or something, but the son was inside of his house.
Speaker 3: Out of context, that sounds so funny, like they're gonna bomb the.
Speaker 1: Sun Kahmane's son in this case, the leader of a current leader of Iran, this guy, and they said, oh, bomb him too. And so he's inside of his house and he goes, oh, I got to go outside to get something. Maybe he's getting the mail, maybe he's gonna go look at the lawn. I don't know what he's doing, but he randomly decides to wander outside of his house. And when he wanders outside of his house, it was the exact time that US warplanes and Israel warplanes bombed.
Speaker 2: The house he was in. And so if the house blew up.
Speaker 1: Behind him and he may be really injured that I haven't really heard exactly what shape the guy is in, but he might have been injured by this because he was so close to the blast. And he calls somebody afterwards, he's like, yeah, it just happened to be outside. I almost got blown up inside the house.
Speaker 6: Everyone I don't know.
Speaker 1: I only know he said he just thought about going outside, so he went outside, and that's when they bombed his house and he's on the call audio you can hear him explaining what was going on. And now there's rumors flooding around and a bunch of reports that he's gay, which would be quite the twist.
Speaker 2: I don't believe this to be the case.
Speaker 1: But now the reporters are like anything to the story that Kamani's son, the new leader of a law around, is actually gay. And this is what's happening. Now Here's what are the reporters asking about them?
Speaker 14: He said earlier, state that the new screed leaders are going to talk. Maybe you don't know these that are alive with a couple of interesting reports outing today. One report that you just never escape death in the first year strikes. I set down to his guard and there's another report there.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 1: There's one report that says he narrowly escaped death by going out into his garden, which appears to be true.
Speaker 14: They actually be gay by leading the oposity that hay escape people. How do you just remain plus true? And do you have assess this?
Speaker 3: Well, so far nobody knows. If you look at.
Speaker 15: His father, he used to give talks a lot, you know, talking about death to America. He said, death to America all the time when they say death to America, he should believe them because that's what they would have If they had a nuclear weapon, they would have used it. But they never had the chance.
Speaker 8: I never gave him the chance to use it, and other presidents should have done. I spoke to one of the former presidents.
Speaker 2: So I actually not the gay thing.
Speaker 8: Actually speak to something I do like some people be shocking. And he said, I wish I did what you did. I could have done it. Other presidents, somebody should have done it. Forty seven years this week on they call around the bully of the Middle East.
Speaker 2: So he didn't address it.
Speaker 1: He didn't address whether the new guy is gay.
Speaker 3: It is up now.
Speaker 6: Those rumors must have been a little bit older than that.
Speaker 1: I've never heard anything about this guy in my life until until recently.
Speaker 3: Because his dad was the dude. Well they might, yeah, they might not have cared if he was gay, if he wasn't the supreme leader yet. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's probably could be nonsense, but it's floating around out there. There's a bunch of reports on that.
Speaker 3: That's not really healthy a society where you can be openly gay, is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, No, certainly not in Iran.
Speaker 2: I mean really really not anywhere in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Really not anywhere in the Middle East at all, but certainly not on Okay, we're going to take a quick break when we come back. We got jury duty on the line, and uh, we'll get into some more of your emails coming in right now. You've got some pressing issues. We'll celebrate Saint Patrick's Day a bit more as we roll on, and so much more coming up next on the news junk Kie. We never got around to talking about the new show. I know, it's like it's just kind of starting to bubble up, this DTF Saint Louis show.
Speaker 3: I think I've only seen one episode so far, but I liked it.
Speaker 1: There's there's only three episodes as far as I know, I think there's three right now.
Speaker 2: And it's all what's all what's that streaming on what's hbo?
Speaker 3: Hbo? Okay, it's on.
Speaker 1: HBO with Jason Baben. Yeah, he's in it. And then the dude from Stranger Things, the cop yep, the cop from Stranger Things.
Speaker 4: Then you know her from Everything and of course freaks and geeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the woman who plays Will Ferrell's wife in Daddy's home, and she's also in Freaks and Geeks, Linda carlini.
Speaker 4: Ye, Jason Bateman, Peter Scarsguard and uh from the looks of this many.
Speaker 6: More the teachers.
Speaker 3: The pitch is not great.
Speaker 1: The pitch is like two guys not thrilled with the status of their current marriages bond over a dating app called DTF Saint Louis and try to explore life outside their marriage. That's what I would That's what I would give you is like the elevator pitch for this show. So it's not the greatest pitch and we're kind of barely hanging on after watching the third episode. I liked the first episode the more I get into it, and somebody said this in chat earlier, and I think it's just like, it's kind of right. There's not really any likable character is save for the person who's not alive any longer.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make you a little bit more intrigued it. I thought it was going to be like a goofy oh, this is what it's like to be that age in trying to explore dating apps. And after the third episode, I'm like, oh, this is going to be a dark murder mystery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm mostly just I'm only hanging on because I am such a sucker for who done it kind of thing, and I want to know who did it. So it's the murder at the middle of this television show DTF. Saint Louis got a lot star is in it, and I want to know who did the murder. So I'm watching it still, But I mean, it is one of those things where the more I watch, the less I like they're really leaning into a lot of the pegging. The Hollywood writers cannot put pegging in enough things in twenty twenty six. I don't know why they feel the need to push pegging on the audience over here.
Speaker 6: I think it was pegging the Amazon position.
Speaker 1: There was definitely pegging at at one point during the show where she was she was doing the pushing.
Speaker 4: I thought the same thing, But I did look up Amazon position and it turns out it's not. And I don't know if this is the conversation that we were all meant to have together, but all right here, Amzon, it's just yes, the you're I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't get okay, okay, okay. It looks like, it's not really possible. But so the suggestion is.
Speaker 2: That you're laying down as a man.
Speaker 1: With the man is laying down with their legs up, and the woman is Jenny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you could show it for the people on YouTube.
Speaker 1: The woman is in the position like that that the man would be in traditionally, but the woman is still using the man's genitals for the Amazon sex position.
Speaker 4: And I had never heard of this in my life because I thought the same thing. I'm like, oh, we're gonna do We're doing doing the pagan but yeah, this is new and different and I'm not sure it ties into the murder mystery of it all.
Speaker 6: But she did him.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that I know that they wanted to work in that he has is like trying to get his rocks off with this woman, and that that's why he's interested in her, and that's why their connection is building.
Speaker 3: On some level.
Speaker 1: But the whole, like the interaction between them is really crazy.
Speaker 4: And Jason Bateman not the This is most unattractive I've seen him as a character.
Speaker 3: Is not likable at all.
Speaker 1: The only guy that's likable is the dead person. The dead person is the only one who's like you keep hearing him, You're like, oh, this guy's like the dead person he was. This is not a real big spoiler or something. The y'all are watching some weird ass shows. This is This is just how much shows tend to be all of a sudden right now. But the one of one of the guys, the guy who's dead, who's played by the Stranger Things Sheriff David Harber, he fires up this app and then he gets a hit on the DTF app and he goes out on the date to meet the person and he doesn't realize it was a guy. But then he doesn't want to be rude to the guy, so he doesn't like say, oh, you know, I'm not into this and dismissed the guy, and he just kind of goes along with the date just to be like super nice to the the dude who ended up on this date with him. And he's the only one who seems like a quirky, weird character, and I gotta say I'm interested in all the rest of them are like weird, miserable people.
Speaker 4: David Harper's character and both Nicole and I were like, oh my god, he really gained so much weight for this role.
Speaker 2: Unless Yeah, the belly, his belly was fake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some of the best prosthetic work I've seen in a long time. Because it was up until like one moment where he was hanging over and I had to google it that it was, you know, revealed to me that it was a prosthetic. I thought he just did the whole meta acting thing.
Speaker 3: I just have a flag of whale.
Speaker 1: I have a problem with the unlikability of a lot of the characters number one and number two. I don't know if anybody else gets bothered by stuff like this, but they're they're they're police officers interrogating these characters on this show. Again, it's called DTF Saint Louis. You might hear people talking about it, and a lot of it is the interrogation room. But they don't want it to be visually boring and have every scene with Jason Bateman or some other character in an interrogation room, which is pretty ugly with a police officer, So they have some of the interrogations take place elsewhere. And they would never do this, so like the cop sits in the in the atrium sometimes, oh, like a little zen garden. Yeah, it's like a zen Garden and the cops like sitting on one thing in the zen garden and the other person sitting on a scene on the other end of the zen garden, and there he's doing the interrogation there, and it's like this.
Speaker 2: Would never happen.
Speaker 3: I would believe that if this were like DTF Los Angeles. But I don't know about Saint Louis. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit weird and losing me a bit, but we're we're kind of giving a shot here. If you've watched it at all, let us know DTF Saint Louis. I miss Jerry Duty entirely. I apologize for that. I will get into it when it comes back, because there are some big stories with updates that I one hundred percent need to work in, and we need to talk about a huge scandal on the streaming front and the world of streaming. There's a bit scandaled it's brewing right now, and I wanted to at least talk about this a little bit, So we'll get into that and Jury Duty it's coming up next, and then New Use Junkie discussing that that show, and just like movies in Hollywood in general, during.
Speaker 2: The break and I said, I it's.
Speaker 1: Weird for me because I do not come at this from a religious.
Speaker 3: Angle at all.
Speaker 1: But I do think there's this weird thing where Hollywood is pushing way way too much, like weirdo sex scenes into stuff, and if it doesn't advance the plot, if it's just like a weird gratuitous sex scene or like nude scenes that hang on for too long. Even me as the person who's not religious at all, you know this from listening to the show, I go, Okay, come on, you know, I know the net.
Speaker 2: I find it so weird.
Speaker 1: It's like sometimes the people who make these movies and TV shows say what can we get away with? Like how long can we hang on this? How long can we go in this direction before somebody's like what happened to the show? I was watching the show and now all of a sudden, there's like weird stuff going on here.
Speaker 2: So I do think that's a thing, and I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Like I even talked about this with what was the Demi Moore movie where she was naked substance the substance, I thought the substance was fun and interesting.
Speaker 3: She was she naked in that or was that her younger substance self that was her and and the other one, which was played by Shila buff sex.
Speaker 2: I like, go, oh, okay, I get it.
Speaker 1: Demi Moore like is worked working out, she wants to be in this scene, and like, here's a great example of what I could look like, and I'll just put it out there for the world, Like I would do that getting really rip shape and be in a movie naked for a second, and people like, damn, look how good that person?
Speaker 3: Forever? You look like that? Right?
Speaker 1: I get that. I totally get that. And I don't care about sex scenes. I'm not apprude in the slightest, despite what some of you were saying in chat.
Speaker 3: But I do think sometimes it's like over.
Speaker 1: The top, degenerate stuff, just shoving it at you to see what you'll put up with before you're like, what are we doing here? We got lost here at some point in time. I want to get back to like advancing the plot and telling me what's going on with these characters. So I do feel like that happens, and let me know if you agree, disagree, et cetera. Over on the Unewsjunkie dot Com. One thing I wanted to mention I tease this real quick. So let's let's get this story in. There's a guy on Kick, and I'll explain what Kick is for those of you who don't know, this guy is a kickstreamer. You have YouTube which you can stream on, and the show is streamed on YouTube. You have Twitch which you can stream on in the show is stream on Twitch, and then Kick is a competitor. I'm glad that those platforms have competitors. But also Kick is if you want to talk about degeneracy, like the center of degeneracy, for streaming people going out and trolling other people, people bothering people, people harassing people, people in hot tubs, with no substance to the content they're creating.
Speaker 2: And in this case, this dude.
Speaker 1: On his Kick account, I'm not going to say his name because why add to any of this. But I guess one of these streamers found a homeless person and started hanging out with them, and then they ended up doing drugs together and they both like zombied out on the stream, and the chat is still going as these two are just completely chaoed as their stream goes on. I don't need to play a lot of this, but I'm just kind of showing you what's going on here. And I'm doing this for a reason because I guess afterwards the guy said, when the original rumor was that they were on fentanyl or that he was doing something like that with this this homeless person that he met, he said afterwards that that wasn't true. He was completely out of it and high off his ass. But he says he was using an over the counter drug and he showed it, and we talked about these gasation drugs not that long ago. This one says dozo perks. Not before it says l v.
Speaker 3: L UP like level up blend.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what this seven hydroxy maida janine seven.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's I think it's what they're putting in the bad kratum, you know, like because they've been trying to get rid of kratim in certain places. But there's like a there's like an all natural creatum that's not that bad for you, and then there's the synthetic or the enhanced stuff that's kind of been a real thorn in the side of the entire kreative industry.
Speaker 4: Is this going to be like an upper or something I've see four oh nome wrong, like four individual pills.
Speaker 1: Yes, that pack. Yeah, there's four pills in this pack. But I think it's a very much a downer. And it's weird that you could you could just buy this at like a gas station or something something that makes you that high.
Speaker 2: That's crazy to me. That is wild.
Speaker 1: It says, on top to its defense caution, extremely potent. But it's just this is something you just buy at a store. You could just go in and go, Okay, I want the peach kiw flavored, and then you get it and you chew the chewable let's try it. And these guys are this is what happens when they do it over the counter. These are over the counter pills.
Speaker 3: Last July, the FDA released a statement saying they were taking a bold step to protect Americans from dangerous illegal opioids by recommending a scheduling action to control certain seven O products or seven hydroxy metrogennine under the Controlled Substances Act. They said, I think because it it's increasingly recognized as having potential for abuse because of its ability to bind to opioid receptors.
Speaker 1: So it gives you like the same impact as if you were doing some opioids, but you could just buy this stuff, right.
Speaker 3: They're specifically targeting They're targeting seven oh. It's a concentrated byproduct of the creative plant. It's not focused on natural creative leaf products. It's just this seven O stuff that they're like distilling it the cret down to or something.
Speaker 1: Which is even more unfortunate because I literally I say this every time Credum comes up.
Speaker 2: I have heard so so.
Speaker 1: So many times from people who have been addicted to opioids, opiates, whatever, that have been addicted to heroin who say, actually, I went and got on cretum and it was the best way for me to segue off of doing the harder drugs and it really helped me clean myself up slowly over time, and I reddit creative with saving my life.
Speaker 2: I've heard that from a whole lot of people.
Speaker 1: Every time I bring it up, I get more and more and more and more and more and more emails about it, with people saying, Sean, glad you brought that up.
Speaker 3: I feel this.
Speaker 1: I've seen that it changes people's lives and it does for the better. It sucks so bad that people are doing things under the same name.
Speaker 2: That's gonna like, won't this just get it all banned? How does this end with hood?
Speaker 1: Because people do not want folks from being able to go in and to be able to go and purchase this stuff. Flat Fisherman says, seventy h has been removed from shelves. Well, clearly not from all.
Speaker 6: Of them exactly.
Speaker 4: And I don't think when it comes to the government overlords of stopping that it.
Speaker 6: They focus on the kreatim industry. How about like.
Speaker 4: Where we're getting this from and putting it into the gas stations. You know why we can just change one chemical and put them back on those shelves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there it is. That's that's the thing right there.
Speaker 1: Why is it that we have this loophole that says only these drugs are illegal in the United States of America and some crazy science guy, mister wizard type can go, Okay, well, what we'll do is we'll just take the molecular structure of this drug and change one thing. So technically it's different, but it gets people high in almost the same exact way.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's even worse because we don't.
Speaker 2: Know what the long term effects are right now.
Speaker 1: And then you can put it in package you can sell it for funzies at a circle K.
Speaker 2: Like, that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: You should have to like, I would rather them have a situation where things needed to get approved before they you just you could release them. But that's where we are, I guess, pretty crazy. This kickstreamer filmed himself. He said he had been cleaned for fifteen years and then took these things and you just get right off, right over the counter.
Speaker 4: And plate behind him too, a web solace, web salad, a lovely.
Speaker 6: Dinner, and then downward spiral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's two of them missing, so I'm assuming they both took one. I will never understand the draw of something that when you go, hey, Sean, when you take this, you will be completely zombied out. For let's say like six hours. You take these, you will sit there and be gone from this world. You will be still standing, but like in a zombie like state. It just doesn't look super fun. Some people really hate this world, I guess. So I guess, so maybe that's it. Maybe that's it all right, Better late than never, Here we go, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 3: Court is now in session, and so put your phone down and pay attention.
Speaker 2: Before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 3: You're knowing jury duty with the news junkie.
Speaker 1: Jerry duty brought to you by the one the only mode wit of the DeWitt Law Firm. In Power hour, cheers to Saint Patrick's day everybody.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you're doing it. That's it, sehn.
Speaker 6: I think you're faking that now. There's no way there's liquid in there.
Speaker 2: Still, it's still in there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You can't really hear it. Yeah, yeah, you can't really hear it. There's only a little bit left at it.
Speaker 6: But so hundred.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did it.
Speaker 1: Cheers cheers down the hatch has happy Saint Patrick's to everybody, I got jury duty for it. Brought by Moses at the Dulaw Firm. Not this part, but the rest of it, right, No. Eight hundred Camo eight hundred Calmo or go to just Callmo dot com.
Speaker 3: After an accident, we reach out to Moduit.
Speaker 2: He's the best of the best.
Speaker 1: He's going to help you against those greedy insurance companies. And you can just say, hey, MO, I got into an accident. Here's the deal. Here's some photos and the cases off and rolling just like that. Eight hundred Calmo, eight hundred CALLMO, call or text eight hundred Callmo, or go to just Callmo dot com. People are saying some of the other things can get Spanish fly. I think Spanish fly was a real thing. Lemons seven fourteen quaaludes.
Speaker 3: I think those were those like the that was like the Golden Goose of queludes or something. I don't know. I haven't seen Wilfa Wall Street in a second, but I think the lemons were like the ones you wanted, you know, unlike cars.
Speaker 1: I know that this opens up this sort of Pandora's box and you'll go sean. But you can get high on Duster or you can get high on whipp it. Should they be selling those things that's different than somebody specifically making like pills and drugs and things like basalts where we have this whole sort of fake.
Speaker 3: Economy based around them.
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't know, if you ever go into a really crappy gas station, it'll happen. At some point in time, you'll be there, whether it's for the cheapest gas or you just happen to be there. It's the only spot for you. You'll go to a really crappy gas station. You'll go, why do they have these little tiny roses in this gas station? And it's little roses and these little tiny little rose tubes. And you'll say, I've never seen these before. I was supposed to get one from my wife or something. They're crack pipes. But we have like this whole fake me at gas stations in some of these places where you go, Okay, I'll take a rose and then you buy all these other things. And it's all drugs that can get people high as hell and get people addicted to them. They're not like official drugs, so they're not as illegal as the other stuff.
Speaker 3: There's got to like in the history of everybody be a couple guys who are just so so so not street savvy. They thought, I'm going to get a rose for my girlfriend.
Speaker 4: I'm going I need to clean my VCR. Can I have a bottle of those puppers VC cleaner.
Speaker 1: Or the bath salts actually putting it into the bath for once and just hoping for the bath to be a nice bubbly concoction. No, it's a whole different world, and these people are just getting high it's not at like a nice gas station. But if you know, you're at a bad gas station when you see those suckers. All right, let's see here, what do we have for jury?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: Oh, this was an interesting one, A win for Thejeffrey Epstein victims. All right, don't hear that a lot, but it's true. Here today, this has been a civil lawsuit that was brought by the women who accused Bank of America of facilitating their sexual abuse by Jeffrey Epstein. Now for the bank and the women told the Manhattan based US District judge that they reached quote, a settlement in principle. So Bank of America has reached a settlement and principle with the Jeffrey Epstein victims. The terms of the settlement were not immediately clear. It requires the judge's approval, but basically, this was a proposed class action filed in October by a woman using Jane Doe, accused Bank of America of ignoring suspicious financial transactions related to Epstein despite a plethora of information about his crimes, because they wanted profit over protecting victims. Bank of America has said Doe allegedly has said, has said Doe allegedly merely that it provided routine services to people who at the time had no known links to Epstein, and any suggestion that it was more deeply involved were threadbare and meritless. But the judge said you must face these claims. The bank saying we didn't know what was going on here. The women who were victims Jeffrey Epstein were saying you were allowing him to do transactions at the bank that were related to the illegal stuff that he was getting involved in, probably probably to make it go away. Bank of America is like, let's just settle this thing. And that's a little his money with Bank of America's money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and they I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be surprised if they got a little bit of a nice paycheck out of that.
Speaker 3: Do you not find that to be a bit of a stretch, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I mean like to think that somebody would be negligent. And let's be honest, like all the banking you do, a big majority of the banking you do is not in person. It's digital. For somebody like a billionaire, any of the numerous checks and balances that would be put on my bank account or Sabrina's bank account. If we were to spend a whole bunch of money, they'd be like, well, you know, we don't. You don't usually have that much money.
Speaker 6: What's going on way beyond anything we'd ever.
Speaker 3: Right, it's different when you're Yeah, it's different when you're a billionaire. But that banks that have billionaires as their clients, you know, those people, those accounts I think are treated differently. My point being is that is a bank liable for what you do with the money?
Speaker 4: I mean if they settle, that means I feel like there's more information that was not released to the public.
Speaker 3: What the problem is this.
Speaker 1: The problem is not that there's more information or a Bank of America new and they were like, oh, let's keep getting the Epstein money in. The problem is in a lot of cases like this, they don't want the headlines. It doesn't want to I don't want Bank of America versus Epstein victims everywhere. So Bank of America goes, what do you want five mil? And they go, yes, five mil. And Bank of America goes, that is absolutely nothing to us compared to what this is going to do to our reputation being connected to Epstein.
Speaker 2: You got yourself a deal.
Speaker 1: And I'll be real with you, I don't know if this is popular or if this is something that most people are in agreeing with, but I would say like fifty percent of class actions are kind of like this. Like for every class action where I go, yeah, those people deserve their money, there's a there's a red Bull give me wings class action where I'm still still.
Speaker 3: Still still to this day, and that that picture came up by my time hop recently of the day that I got my case of you know, my four pack of Red Bull for free from that settlement. I still to this day wonder if that wasn't like something they just did on purpose to be viral, to talk, you know, to be something We have talked about that in relation to class action lawsuits.
Speaker 1: Ever since, because before that Sea Lane, it was an this was not a good one. Before that, it was McDonald's hot coffee.
Speaker 3: That wasn't a.
Speaker 1: Class action, no, not really, but it was like a litigious example.
Speaker 2: It was an example of it.
Speaker 3: It was a bad example because that chick really got super super severely burnt. But at face value, when you hear the headline, woman sues McDonald because our coffee is too hot. You think, oh, this person is just after a paycheck. You know, it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I remember when that headline came out and people going that is chess.
Speaker 1: They did it everywhere they For a while, people didn't want to sue in America for things like that because they said, oh, were you surprised that the coffee was hot? But the real story behind it, for those of you who don't know, maybe you're new to the show and haven't heard me talk about this before, the real story behind it was McDonald's had decided their customers wanted their coffee piping hot, but that they usually drove x amount of miles after the coffee purchase, and they needed the heat of the coffee to be so hot that even after that duration of driving, it would still be the level of hot that the driver wanted. So they they cooked up their coffee so hot at McDonald's that it actually did burn this lady's crotch, Yeah, destroyed hot.
Speaker 2: But she was like she was a punchline.
Speaker 1: She was a punchline because of While this so, I do think generally speaking, a lot of the class action lawsuits and things like that can tend to be a little loosey goosey, and is there any real victim here?
Speaker 2: But it's hard.
Speaker 6: This is interesting.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's going to set a precedent though, for where we are in our digital payment age that if anything, Uh, I don't know if it'll ever be Epstein level, but nefarious that Venmo or cash App or Zell could be held accountable for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, And I think it already We already seen that, We're already seeing a lot of things where this is why d.
Speaker 3: Banking exists to certain extent.
Speaker 1: This is why you have people who have been like the banks will tell you you cannot put your money here, We find you to be too controversial, and we won't even let you have an account. Here's a handful of people who have been caught up in situations like this, perhaps Christopher Delores Lane perhaps not.
Speaker 3: Really no, no, not mean. But maybe I don't have enough money for the bank to want to care about anything like that.
Speaker 1: But imagine having so much money that the bank was concerned about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the same the same, like thought, I go okay, Well, Jeffrey Epstein also had a cell phone, you know, and and like you know, I understand that it's kind of tough to like tell the Epstein victims like insurance, Hey I don't I don't really, I don't think you're doing the right thing here. But uh yeah, he had a cell phone, and I'm sure the cell phone was used to do some nefarious things. Are we going to start calling at and.
Speaker 6: T or someone.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Another example of this would be like the guy who went on Stardust Racers, which has been shut down for so long after that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's been up and down.
Speaker 1: But this was a roller coaster at Epic Universe, the new theme park.
Speaker 2: In Orlando, Florida.
Speaker 1: And the guy who went on this roller coaster was by all means not supposed to go on the roller coaster. His warnings all in the whole queue, telling you not to go on the roller coaster if you're this guy. He had a bunch of problems health wise, and he still, despite that, chose to go on the roller coaster and ended up dying on the roller coaster. Now it could be that this big giant corporation that runs a theme park things, we are not liable. We didn't do anything wrong. He did something wrong, But that's why they go after these companies with these lawsuits because they go some of these companies will pay us to go away and a lot I'm talking about a lot of money to.
Speaker 3: Go away, and so yeah, but dying on the roller coaster, that lawsuit makes a lot more sense for this. I'm thinking, it's like you died on the roller coaster at the theme park, and now we're going to sue the credit card company the process, the transaction to buy the tickets at the theme park. But you know, at some point it's just not Yeah, there's just not any responsibility here.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think.
Speaker 1: Send us a dispatch over thetnews Junkie dot com. Thetnewsjunkie dot Com back with more of our Saint Patrick's day show that's coming up next in the News Junkie. Let's roll over to a couple of emails tips to the news Junkie dot com and Steve says to tips at the News Junkie dot com, Hey Junkie, every time you guys bring up go fund me, you talk about how the initial goal was this and now they've raised it to that a higher number.
Speaker 2: I used to do this as well, he says.
Speaker 1: My sister unexpectedly passed away last year at thirty six, oh Man, sorry to hear that. We started to go fundme just to help with the funeral expenses. Our goal was the seven thousand dollars that the funeral was going to cost, which is pretty reasonable. Unbeknownst to us, when you're nearing that goal, go fund me automatically raises the goal.
Speaker 3: He's weird. Can you turn that off because it seems like it makes you look greedy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it seems like it only benefits go fund me even more afterwards because they keep getting higher percentages.
Speaker 6: Right do we know what their percentages?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they take. Obviously they have like processing fees and stuff. It keeps getting close to the new goal, and then they would keep raising it. When donations slowed down, they would automatically lower it. Really, so just back and forth. Remember, go fund me gets a portion of the donation, so it's in their best interest to keep raising it.
Speaker 3: They charge a transaction fee of two point nine percent plus thirty cents per donation for personal fundraisers that covers payment processing. There's no fee to create or manage a fundraiser, and for certified charities the fee is reduced from two point nine percent plus thirty cents to two point two percent plus thirty cents.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at that. I mean it does cost him money to operate. I understand that they got a business going, but it says go fund me gets a portion of the donation, so it's in their best interest to keep raising it if the fund has momentum. So we ended up with over twenty thousand dollars of our initial seven thousand dollars goal, which we use for various things for a nine year old daughter. We're extremely grateful to be able to pay for the funeral and felt blessed beyond belief that we could spoil her daughter quite a bit in her most dire time of needing distraction. Thanks Steve, Thank you, Steve. Appreciate the email. Very good email.
Speaker 2: That's good enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marcy says to the three rock stars of talk radio. I look forward to Sabrina's next episode. Every show with the jingle smoke weed every day, It's the bomb and I love it, says this person, disagreeing with the other person who took issue with the smoke Weed every Day. The vicky email from uh was that last week I remember I'm sure many other listeners feel the same. I understand the politics of it on radio, and I'm extremely bummed out. Time for three to get out of the radio nest and move to satellite or have a podcast. It's not censored. Without all the restrictions, I feel your show would be even more fantastic and popular. Time to go out on your own and go national. I know you hear me, Sean. That's my two cents.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you all the show kicks ass rock on, says Marci.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Marcy.
Speaker 3: I mean that that's a little great email, lovely email. I don't think that Vicky's problem was that anything that we're putting on here is not radio friendly. I think she just doesn't like the message about smoking weed.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, say to my doctor's.
Speaker 1: Face, it's what's crazy is people still get upset about the like the marijuana stuff. When I go for me, I'm sill. My mind is still blown. Talking about the gas station drugs that you can get, my mind is still blown. Like that is way more dangerous. I don't know if you work at one of these gas stations, I'd love to hear from you. What are people buying? What's this look like, what's the business of it? And can can a kid who's like fifteen or sixteen go in and buy one of these things? Or do you have to be eighteen to buy the gas station drugs?
Speaker 3: I feel like if a kid who was fifteen or sixteen could, it would be a much bigger problem because the kids who were in high school would have found out about this already.
Speaker 1: As dumb as it sounds, when you go into let's say you're going to a CBS. Most of the medicine that's there, can anybody buy that?
Speaker 7: Call?
Speaker 3: Most of it? Some of the cough medicines, I would say no, some of the ones like because I remember, yeah, Tussin started getting a bad rep because people were robo tripping, and so I think they started cracking down on how old you had to be to buy Tussin. You know. I just think once it starts to become a problem and people start pointing fingers that different brands or different stores, you know, they kind of clean it up.
Speaker 1: I guess I would say to me when people complain about things like that, I just go I see drug problems. It's like seeing dead people. I guess I see drug problems. But the drug problems that I see are very different.
Speaker 3: From what these people see. I see.
Speaker 2: It's like much bigger deal. I think what.
Speaker 4: People were talking to though, and much like us, are not the clientele. They're not the number one purchasers of these very sketchy gas station drugs.
Speaker 6: Those are the folks who are down to try whatever.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of these people are just wandering around outside doing these things.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but it's crazy.
Speaker 3: If you got through to some high schoolers or god forbid, younger that there was something that they were able to walk into a gas station and buy off the shelf that could get them high, I think you would know about it. I think like, there's the high school. They they find this stuff out. Even before the internet was big. When I was in high school, man, I was was it middle school or what? Did it have to be high school because people had to get there. People knew the gas station that would sell them cigarettes. Oh now, and for people who grew up in a certain part of Central Florida or a certain age would remember the term rainbow mark or the rainbow we're going to the rainbow. I wasn't even called rainbow mark. There was a rainbow painted on the ceiling. But they knew that that crappy gas station did not id kids for cigarettes. Right, It was like probably a quarter of their business at some points. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's get to a couple of clips. Here's Trump in the White House talking about what's going to happen with Cuba. Cuba is plunged into darkness right now, and the Cuban residents have no power all across the entirety of the island.
Speaker 2: There are the verge of collapse. Here's the discussion.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 8: A fantastic person who's cubbing, made a fortune in sugar, you know, fun whole family, right, and this family wants to go back to Cuba to visit it. They wanted They haven't been back in like fifty years or something. They come from largely come from Cuba, and.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens.
Speaker 8: They were asking me about that they want to go back.
Speaker 3: Not only fun whoul.
Speaker 8: A lot of Cubans have said, oh boy, would they love to go back. I think Cuban, in its own way, if you know, tourism and everything else, is a beautiful.
Speaker 3: Island, great weather.
Speaker 2: True, they're not in a hurricane zone.
Speaker 3: Which is nice for a change.
Speaker 8: You know, they won't be asking us some money for.
Speaker 2: Hurricanes every week.
Speaker 3: But I think Cuban see the end.
Speaker 8: You know, all my life I've been hearing about the United States in Cuba.
Speaker 3: When will the United States do it?
Speaker 8: I do believe I'll be the honor of having the honor of.
Speaker 3: Taking Cuba. That'll be good honor.
Speaker 8: That's a big honor for you taking, Jim.
Speaker 3: I mean, whether I free.
Speaker 8: It, take it, I think I could do anything I want with it. You'll learn another very weekend nation right now. If they were for a long time, very violent, very violent leaders. Casher is a very violent leaders. Brothers are very violent leader, extremely violent.
Speaker 3: So he said I can take it.
Speaker 1: I can do whatever I want with hurricanes, all right. I don't know exactly what that means, but I do think he's right about the fact that they're teetering over there. Things are not going well. They don't have that Venezuela oil, they don't have the Iranian oil coming in.
Speaker 3: What do you mean by that? What do you mean by the no hurricane thing? Because they're ninety miles from Key West, that's definitely hurricane zone.
Speaker 6: I think you heard him correctly, no hurricane zone.
Speaker 1: They do get hurricanes. I'm not sure where that came from, but there's probably news to them that they don't get any hurricanes there. Maybe they get them a little less than some other arcane. All right, When we come back, final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and Toadyler to wrap everything up for a Tuesday that's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: Share this show.
Speaker 1: By telling somebody, Hey, I listened to the News Junkie radio show. I listen on this station. I love it, and I think you might like it. To send a link to the podcast if you could. All of that stuff is very helpful. We don't have a lot of time on the way out. Let's see I could do a one final dispatch.
Speaker 13: These are the final dispatches, but Sean mildly only today.
Speaker 1: Let's see here we go, just sort this out, Refresh these to get the latest and the greatest in the dispatches world.
Speaker 3: There's some good ones. There are some good ones.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with Megan talking about SAT Day.
Speaker 3: Hey, chunkies, Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 12: Hey, Megan, my son finally was able to get on his flight after a four hour delay, so he is off to another state for spring BREAKO. I am clocking out of work as we speak. I'm gonna go home, crack open an ice cold beer and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Speaker 6: Hope y'all have a good rest of your day.
Speaker 1: Right back at you, Megan, Thank you, appreciate you. Everybody have a great Saint Patrick's day. Be safe out there in the real world. Yeah, lots of different things to do. Enjoy yourself, drive safe, take a cab an uber or whatever, and flow draw all the great photo dispatches of you guys in your Irish get ups, like Georgia Josh. I like this one. I drink and I know things. It's as green as can be, sir. And he's got his harp logger right there enjoying it.
Speaker 6: Has a big arms too.
Speaker 2: He's a little ripped right there.
Speaker 1: You go. Congratulations, you you got the best one of the day. I'm gonna I'm gonna crown you the victor.
Speaker 6: Um let's had a picture with the shirt off.
Speaker 1: We could also do this. Here's Dragonfly, Mam. She's rocking the green shirt too. She's in the kitchen cooking somewhere.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What the restaurant she's at. This is behind the scenes right here. Both of you email me tips at the news Junkie dot com. We'll set you up with a magnet, well you know, one to you so you can play a game of magnets.
Speaker 3: And now it's time to get the hell out of here. Let's do today. I learn the.
Speaker 11: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 3: So don't get cocky. Now it's done.
Speaker 1: What we call today, it is today I learned for a Tuesday, March seventeenth, twenty twenty six. Let's see today learned there was something called the toast sandwich during Victorian times. No federol in this one, but the toast sandwich was a Victorian sandwich recipe that consisted of two slices of bread with a piece of toast.
Speaker 3: In the center of them.
Speaker 6: That's bread.
Speaker 1: I thought that sounds a little poor. Actually it sounds a lot poor the more and more I think of it. Here and finally I got this right because I screwed it up yesterday Taylor in this show from DTF Saint Louis right here.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 3: Song the song Age of Aquadus alright.
Speaker 1: It mixes over to though one that I really wanted to get to.
Speaker 3: Let the sunshine it there.
Speaker 1: It is this that, This is how yesterday, No I got it.
Speaker 3: We're ending with it right now. Baby, it's happening.
Speaker 1: It's a medley of two songs from the Broadway show Hair.
Speaker 2: I almost feel like I've said.
Speaker 1: This before, but here we are on the way out. Watch that DTF Saint Louis tell us if you love it, if you hate him, why.
Speaker 3: We'll be back tomorrow, same time, same place.
Speaker 1: Missed any of the show, get the podcast over the NEEWS junkie dot com.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time. Everybody,