Speaker 1: Six thirty nine, seven hundred WL sin a tax resolution power by Toe showed in Roundtable Show is by a Postman law brought to you in part by ever Dry Waterproofing.
Speaker 2: It's not dry till it's ever dry.
Speaker 1: Nobody tell Rocky who the rumored new coach of Iowa was, or uh, I just screwed it up of who oh, Penn State's gonna be because I was quizy break I was close, so I said Jason Kandell.
Speaker 2: But it's West State.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the latest rumor. All right, Uh, let's talk to some high school foot.
Speaker 2: I feel like they were screwing anyway. We'll get in, Yes, we'll get it.
Speaker 1: Sorry you hear our next guest on Friday nights on the award winning high School Football Tonight show, Fox Sports thirteen sixty. This week you read him as the content manager of Tri State Football dot Com.
Speaker 2: He's in heaven.
Speaker 1: The next two days he's on this or hell, depending on the Weather's your things.
Speaker 2: Like seventeen, he's on the seat in Canton.
Speaker 1: He's covering it all and he's kind enough to check in early night before the games gate going. That would be Greg Shoemaker. How are you, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm wonderful. I'm sitting here in the Anderson's broadcast booth tonight. This is their three hundred and eighty eighth game that they're broadcasting. They are on USBN Sports dot Com tonight and you can listen to that audio. The game is gooring, dude, guys.
Speaker 4: Say hi, hey, fellas.
Speaker 3: They warm up here, but down on the field, it's a little bit better than last year. It's cold, but there's no snow, there's no blustery win. In fact that the wins on the goalpost look totally dead right now. Anderson came out in their orange pans from two thousand and seven replicas that they were wearing, white shirts and black helmets. They look sharp tonight. A lot of a lot of tension in this room and with the guys, I feel like they're prepared. But man, it's an Avon team that's been a powerhouse. In the last six sixteen years under coach Mike Elder, they won ten ten games or more then too, they won eight regional titles in the last nine years. This is their third straight state championship game. Obviously, they won it last year over Anderson twenty to thirteen in that snow, snow driven, blustery night up here on that Thursday. So a lot of work for Anderson to do tonight. The boy, I like your chances on a drive field for sure.
Speaker 1: Let me backtrack a little bit before we get into tomorrow night as well.
Speaker 2: This is for those who don't know.
Speaker 1: And you sent us notes earlier, and I looked at it and I said, holy cow, because I knew. I knew of your commitment and your longevity covering all days, I didn't know it was the extent that it is. This is what year for you covering the state championship games?
Speaker 3: Well, I started in two thousand and nine. This is my thirty ninth state championship.
Speaker 2: Game I've covered.
Speaker 3: The first one was Winton Woods back in two thousand and nine. They played a Faithful Heights team over at Masslin Tiger Stadium, and it was Shaq Washington was the Maple Heype quarterback on that team. He went on to UC as a junior and that team went on to become UT's all time leading receiver. Yeah, think he's now the head coach over there at Maple Heights. But Dominique Brown back then had a night of Knights, and it was a lot different then than it was it is now. But yeah, thirty nine of these now for.
Speaker 2: Me, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And before we get to say next tomorrow, another thought on on Anderson and Avon and obviously revenge and rematch part of this scenario. But that's an Anderson team that scores a lot of points, and that's an Eagles defense that doesn't give up many points, does it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is really the fun part of this game tonight. Anderson gives or scores forty four points a game, and they scored forty ninety points for more seven times in the first eight games, but haven't scored more than forty two over the last six weeks though. But Owen scaff the quarterbacks thrown for forty five hundred yards and thirty nine touchdowns. It's also run for six hundred and forty yards and seven scores as well. The Raptors have seven guys with at least seventy one receptions on this team, two guys over one thousand yard and then Georgan Davis. Their running backs got six hundred yards rushing and twenty one touchdowns rushing, as well as seventy one balls caught for seven hundred and sixteen yards. So I mean this team, they come at in a lot of drums, and they got another kid on the team that's got like forty five or fifty receptions too, So I mean they're gonna come at you tonight and they're gonna have the opportunity to really spread the ball with this weather. So, uh yeah, it's cold, but man, I really like what they're doing. However, you know this Avon Eagles defense. They give up just twelve points a game, and their front seven has been really hillacious all season long. Lamp Stosslin, Ryan Stlarski, and big man how cup Run. He's a six foot three, three pound guy. He anchors both sides of their line. And then they got a guy in their second Dary Witherspoon. He's committed to North Carolina. He had ten tackles in this team last year. So their defense is tight. It's really It's gonna be a fun game, for sure, but I think this is a game you're gonna you You're probably going to see the over in this game for sure, all right.
Speaker 4: And then tomorrow Greg a big, gigantic matchup Saint Xavier v Owen Tangy Orange on On Tangi is undefeated. Saint Xavier's won seven in a row. And if you told me mid season, after losing back to back Mueller the Elder that this team would be in the state title game, I wouldn't have believed you. As much as I know and loves Saint Xavier. But they've really got it together. The teams they've beat greg combined sixty to twenty eight, so they've beaten some good teams. And of course Olin Tangi their quarterback. Levi Davis, he was a Mister Ohio finalist. I think I've heard a lot of people comparing to Kaynestapp the kid from Elder. It can run around a lot, also a good thrower. How you seeing this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Levi? This Levi kid for Olind Tangi, he's been really good, Levi Davis, he's going to hire you. Actually, you know, Rogie made Gretch a great comparison. He's very much like the quarterback at Ohio right now. Can run through to Watson guy. The thing I like to have the same favorite team is that they've got Aiden Reider and they've got Kobe Clapper. They're guys that can spy on Levi Davis and really contain him and make him just corral him. Both. Either one of those guys can do it. I like that match up there. However, only Orange defense has been awesome, holding thirteen their fourteen victims to seventeen points or less, the other one to twenty one points. They give up just nine points six points a game, and you know that's that plays into their favor with an X offense who has had trouble running the football at like three yards of carry this year. So they're gonna have to have to get it done and establish a run in every possession for Saint X is gonna be They're gonna need to cherish it and make the most out of every one of those because I mean, they're not gonna get many of them in this game. But I've been to to I think this game's gonna be the under in points scored. It's not going to be a high scoring game at all. But yeah, I mean, containing Davis is a top priority for Bomber's defense for sure.
Speaker 1: Greg Maya and looking at a map today, I see Cincinnati. Unrelated question of the game, but one I'm interested in your thoughts. I see Cincinnati to Canton, two hundred and thirty four miles about three and a half hours. Do you ever foresee a day where this becomes a more of a rotational Canton Columbus Cincinnati type thing for the state finals.
Speaker 3: No. No, the way that the Hall of Fame is now, I mean this place is a spectacle. They want the seven games up here, they want fourteen teams coming here. I mean, this place is beautiful. Now. I'm looking out from this press box and there is this whole like pat concourse and patio leading into the whole Hall of Fame village. This wasn't like this years ago. Yeah, this is this is not going to move from here anytime soon.
Speaker 2: Give us a preview of tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow night. Yeah, so tomorrow high school football tonight. Dan and I are sort of doing a pre game preview. I think it's only on Fox Sports thirteen sixty tomorrow, but we're going to do just sort of like a top teams, our candidates for Teams of the Year in Cincinnati, Indiana and Northern Kentucky, Players of the Year, and all three of those five great segments in the pregame section, Jake Burkemeyer and the quant al d will be in after the same Xavier game until eleven o'clock with the postgame wrap up. Another thing I got going out there on TS on Twitter today, I just put out a TSF Storytellers with Danny Milligan Milligan excuse me, Danny Milligan from the State X two thousand and five and two thousand and seven teams. He was a starter on both of those fifteen and oh teams. He talks about that. You can catch that. I put a link, like I said, at TS football on X and Rocky, I tagged you in that to take a listen to that. That's great stuff from Danny. He went on, you see so good stuff from them, And yeah, this is the end of the year for me, guys. I'm wrapping it up after this, going to see UC and Xavier tomorrow night over the Pintos So end of the twenty sixteen. But we will have the Ultra State team and our award show at the Holy Grail on President's Day in February this year, So stay tuned. I mean, we're still plenty of content on tri Statefootball dot Com.
Speaker 1: Hey, we are one glad we could move this up tonight and get you in before the game started. We greatly appreciate the scene Center live on the scene that is awesome, but at a grander scale, I'll say it again, We say it every year. Your commitment to this show and you make this show better with the content you provide and allow us to expand beyond just the NFL and just beyond college football, and your presence on this show is very much appreciated week to week and we can't wait to do it again next season.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, Well you know I love you guys to death and have a happy holiday season.
Speaker 2: Thanks Greg, you too, Best Kennie, thank you