Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papada Gas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 4: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith. Here's what.
Speaker 5: Here is what?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I wait a long time for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Petros Money five seventy LA Sports. We're live everywhere the iHeartRadio app. We are your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Remember you can always subscribe to the Petros and Money Show podcast through the iHeartRadio app or wherever you prefer to procure your podcast. You can also get pms on demand and stream it live on the iHeartRadio app. That's the separator there for the iHeartRadio app. You can listen to show anywhere in the world. All you need is the iHeartRadio app and a signal and we are available whenever we are on and that means all over the clock for the remainder of the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of flex alerts.
Speaker 6: We start tomorrow at one because the clippersoolt and every night the Clippers play there likely to lose us say it all the Atlanta Hawks, so we'll be on from one to three thirty.
Speaker 4: And then there's Oos all your fancy basketball game.
Speaker 6: Two o'clock start, Cowboys at a Lions, So we'll go two to five on Thursday, and then Friday will be back to a one o'clock start as well. So a lot of flex alerts all week. But the good news is shows available on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone and it's now time for the final hour.
Speaker 3: Fun fact. It's fun in effect, it's the yeah We're three.
Speaker 6: Fun fun fact brought to you by Concordia University IRVINES Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration Program. It's a fact over five thousand coaches and administrators have graduated from their master's program. Find out more at CUI dot eedu slash coaching.
Speaker 4: You do the math, and the math says Santa has to visit eight hundred and twenty two homes per second to deliver all the world's presence on Christmas Eve while traveling at six hundred and fifty miles per second. But that, of course assumes that every kid is on the nice list, and we know that not to be true.
Speaker 3: That's the truth.
Speaker 4: So when you factor in the percentage of the naughties, that thing has halved.
Speaker 3: At least it cleaved.
Speaker 4: So you're talking four hundred and eleven homes at three hundred and twenty five miles per second. Much more manageab, way more manageable, much more management for Saint Nick, no doubt.
Speaker 3: All right, it is time for the quick hits, quick hits.
Speaker 2: Make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, the Lakers fifteen to five had their seven game win streak snapped. We talked to Allen's sleep. Yes, we had the hoops talk in the last segment. Here's JJ Reddick postgame. You'd be surprised, but he's not happy with his teams performance.
Speaker 7: You're if you don't play hard against that team, you're gonna get exposed. So you know you.
Speaker 3: Multiple times in.
Speaker 7: The first half we have a numbers advantage in transition on the defensive end, and guys just run by us.
Speaker 3: You know, it's we.
Speaker 7: Talked about matching their physicality. Didn't do that to any extent at any point in the game.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's it's a weird it's a weird.
Speaker 7: Sort of thing.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 7: It's like it's like the Monstars taking over the people that you've grown to coach, and they're not doing anything that they normally do.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 4: I thought the Monstars were pretty physical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Monstars played pretty hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, boofing and bopping Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewan all over the place.
Speaker 6: Of Lebron's post game, he was asked about his uh foot injury that kept him out of the game on Sunday, and then asked Himbout maybe reverning the offense back to him more. If you get it, you understand, you understand, Just wake up, Janet and that before you know your role.
Speaker 8: With this team, in particular this season, when when things are kind of, you know, kind of stuck in the mud, is there an instinct to try to maybe buck what you do and you get the ball back in your hands or I mean, obviously Lucas Luca and then cares a bigger load generally with this team, and is it kind of let that play out and then you go from there.
Speaker 2: There you go there working man.
Speaker 6: Obviously, you know we have opportunity to change pitches and switch pitches, but the goal was working.
Speaker 8: Obviously, you know, we didn't play our brand of basketball the way we wanted to play.
Speaker 2: So he's just one game.
Speaker 4: We don't so Lucas Luca. But if things are going bad, is there a tendency by you God, just ask him. Hey, Lebron, you want the ball in your hands more?
Speaker 6: He'll say, coverage nauseating Lebron Maverick Carter Prox.
Speaker 3: He's in the media, and.
Speaker 4: He does not care about saying the right thing. He cares about saying the right thing that makes Lebron look the best. Should you have the ball in your hand more, Lebron?
Speaker 3: Damn right.
Speaker 6: The Clippers are five and sixteen, though terrible, they lost five in a row. They're in Atlanta tomorrow to take on the Hawks. National media's finally discovered that the Clippers first round pick is going to Okay see this year. Bleacher Report posted something today pointing out that the Thunder get the Jazz first round pick two. WHOA, They're gonna be really good forever.
Speaker 4: I already saw trade talk for the Clippers. They were pointing, they made a good point. They're like, they have to go sixteen and five to be twenty one and twenty one at the halfway mark.
Speaker 3: I heard that's not gonna happen. I heard Carlos on the block.
Speaker 4: Oh but his tiktoks.
Speaker 3: That's why he's got a high value, right, putting him up.
Speaker 6: Rams are nine and three in Arizona on Sunday taking on the Cardinals. Chargers are eight and four at home on Monday night versus the Eagles. Jim Harbaugh was on with Colin Coward today. Here's part of that conversation, brought to you by Valveline Instant Oil Change Home with the fifteen minutes Stay in your Oil Change Home of the fifteen minutes Stay in your car Oil Change with locations off Thround, Southern California, so caloil change dot Com.
Speaker 9: I thought our offensive line, really, you know, I have one of its h one of its best games this past week. Yeah, uh, Jamari saw you really did a heck of a job at left tackle. Zion Johnson played one of his best games. Brad Boseman had one of his best games. Kai Beckton uh graded out over all all of our lineman graded out over ninety percent. Trey Pipkins had had a bunch of key blocks. Our running backs really, uh, you know did a phenomenal job. Kamani Badell Uh, Jared Patterson really uh you know played some of our best football just uh. And it's those guys, they're the they're the tough tough men. Plus faith uh and number ten. Uh, let's never forget uh. Justin Herbert he is uh. Uh, he's he's he's a he's a lead, he's a beast, he's uh, he's one of the best in my opinion.
Speaker 2: So he is playing in the game now.
Speaker 10: And ever do you ever have to say to Justin listen, I love that you're a tough guy. Could you be a little less tough? Could just slide? You ever have to just send him down? As a former quarterback, say Justin, I know you're six five and two fifty. These guys want.
Speaker 3: To hurt you.
Speaker 10: Do you ever have those conversations with you?
Speaker 9: You know, not too many, you know, not really Justin is just he's at a level that that I just let Justin be Justin and and he knows exactly what he's doing. He's doing it, you know, at the highest level of person possibly can. But would I would tell all quarterbacks because I remember those days of trying to.
Speaker 2: Be cute on the sideline too. You know, you just you.
Speaker 9: Kind of get to the sideline, just slow up a little bit. You know, you look like you're stepping out of bounds and you're trying to get him to hit you, so you can kind of you know, get get the penalty. But you know those that's a that's an emphasis right now in the NFL that and they even send it up for review, like if both those feet aren't out of bounds, you know you can you can be hit.
Speaker 10: Justin had surgery. Is he gonna play Monday against Philly? Do we know that today?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: If there's any possible way, Yeah, Justin will will do anything and everything in his power to uh to play in the game. Okay, what if he's the kind of he's the kind of guy you have to pull back. You can never you can never uh you could never uh you never have to talk him into playing football, that's for sure. You saw that, saw that in our game against the Raiders. You know, one minute he just he just went in. He just went in.
Speaker 6: So it sounds like Justin Herbert, He's gonna play with one mechanical hand on Monday night.
Speaker 4: Justin Herbert's gonna play with the mechanical head.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Justin Herbert's gonna play with the chantalham.
Speaker 4: Justin Herbert's gonna play with the catical ahead.
Speaker 6: Weren't a spreading already? The latest college football rankings.
Speaker 4: Have come out CFP forever. Just check Canal's Twitter feed. He'll break it down for you. You respect him, I do spect his game. Penn State reportedly was interested in BYU head coach Kalani Sataki, as we reported yesterday, but then the Mormon faithful put up a fight to keep their coach. Reports now that Sataki is telling folks around him me staying at BYU. Leading the public charge was b yu Alum Jason McGowan, the CEO of Crumble Cookies, who called Sataki not replaceable and vowed to get off the sidelines and get to work to keep the coach at b Yus BYU.
Speaker 3: We want to hire simone.
Speaker 2: Guys, Hey, what's today is it? Teddy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, gotta go.
Speaker 6: They also support Utah State, but apparently not as much as they support BYU.
Speaker 4: Well understandable. You know a little bit of bigger brains.
Speaker 3: Well he's from Logan.
Speaker 4: Right, that was the first crumble cookie still there in Logan.
Speaker 6: Deputy Commissioner Bill Day said the NHL is warning teams against taking warm ups with helmets, a growing trend this season that violates NHL rules. The NHL is sending out a memo to mind teams that helmets are mandatory in warm ups for all players who entered the NHL beginning with the twenty nineteen twenty twenty season or later.
Speaker 4: What's up with that guy over there that's got no helmet at all? Smoking a cigarette? He to be like that during a whole game. You could be an old head with no helmet. I remember that, Al mckinnis. I remember going to a hockey game and being like, why didn't that one guy have.
Speaker 3: A helmet on?
Speaker 6: Earlater, your grandfather, he's old enough he can have to Two teams from two teams in the last week have got out to warm ups without their helmets. Trying to switch things up to snap a losing streak. It worked for the Senators, did not work for the Sharks. When asked about it, the Senators and the Sharks both referenced Matt mney Smith on the Petrols of Money Show saying they don't think that we should have to wear head gear because we want to be free and.
Speaker 4: Hair when we do have the the annual flow rankings, I mean, what's the point of having flow rankings? Have you got to wear a helmet in the warm ups?
Speaker 6: Mike Piazza has always said after twenty three Grand Prixx six sprint races and more than eight months of racing, the twenty twenty five Formula One season will come down to a final race for the championship, the driver's chip for the F one Drivers Championship. All three drivers still have a real chance to win the championship with the victory for stopping is now just twelve points. Shy of Norris going into the final race at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix next Sunday. We'll have an F one report on Thursday.
Speaker 3: And now we have a bunch of winko.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well not yet.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, there's there's still a chance. But if for stopping can repeat the exact same results next weekend a win Pastrian second and Norris and fourth, he would win his fifth drivers Championship in a row.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're a McLaren, you just get one of your two drivers to just nuke him right out of the race, right.
Speaker 3: That's what they would have mean, that's what they would have done twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Matt like, Hey, sorry Max.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but twenty years ago by you would never have hired a Simoonen guy. So times Change.
Speaker 11: Didn't you pay like Williams to do it? They suck anyways, Right here, here's twenty million. Hey William Williams, Hey, Albo, how dare you? William was pretty good this year. Now you want Nico Haltonberson talking, let's go. We'll be back when we want to be around next year. We'll have some Southern football talk next, Sonoda, that's your die. That does Hey, they booted you out of here, Sonoda.
Speaker 3: Try to get them both.
Speaker 2: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple car Play or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 4: That's show some money five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app. Help out our sister station, KFI AM six forty Pastapa's happening today, feeding twenty five thousand, giving up twenty five thousand meals every single week to children in need here in Southern California. You can donate a KFI AM six forty dot com slash pastathon. You can also donate at any Smart and Final store or any SoCal Wendy's location.
Speaker 6: Well whatever, the coaching carousel is mad, spinning, wild and free, and the South and college football talk is bubbling over like a gumbo pot.
Speaker 3: We always check in with.
Speaker 6: Our friend, our learned friend of the South, who's always very, very interesting and intriguing this time of year. Eleven years at Sports Illustrated, he was at the Athletic.
Speaker 3: As a Southern American.
Speaker 5: You said something that got up underneath my skin.
Speaker 6: Now he's with on three Sports. He's a real champion, and he's joining us on your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline. It is Andy Staples back on Petro said money, what's cracking?
Speaker 3: Andy? How are you?
Speaker 5: I must be in the stitch. I don't know if phones just went out, so but now I was asking if that was if that was one of my relatives you played earlier. I don't know if it's the South Carolina side or the Alabama side of the family. Maybe maybe I live in Florida, so just typical Florida man.
Speaker 6: But yeah, well, we think of you as whenever we talk to you, as you skimming across the Bayou in an air boat going from source to source.
Speaker 5: I'm not kidding here. I live in a fairly bougie neighborhood, but seriously, two streets over for me, there's a guy who keeps his airboat parked in front of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, three days a week.
Speaker 3: That is how we wanted you while you're up.
Speaker 6: Now, look, you've covered these stories, I mean, all the way back from you know, the Auburn Private Jets trying to undermine Tommy Tubberville or whatever. I mean, we've seen it all. But where does this Kiff and Saga kind of rank for you? It just feels like it's never ending, and it's so it's just there's something even more tantalizing every day.
Speaker 5: It had so many tentacles. I think that's what made it so interesting because when Florida fired Billion Apier, it was very clear that their top target was going to be Lane Kiffin, and then when LSU fired Brian Kelly, it was clear their top target was going to be Lane Kiffin. And meanwhile, Lane Kiffin is busy leading Ole miss toward the playoff and so you knew this collision course was coming. And it was really with two weeks left in the season that we kind of figured out, oh no, if they make the playoffs and he's not staying, they're not gonna let him coach. And we talked to, you know, a bunch of different ads and asked them, hey, would you let your guy do this if he was going from this school to this school and it matters which school you're going to and which school you're coming from, And every one of them said, there's no way. If I was old, miss Ad, I would let the LSU coach coach my team or the Florida coach coach my team. And so we knew this was coming. I'd say it exploded even more spectacus.
Speaker 4: Fully that I imagined it would, which is what you assume is going to happen when Lane Kiffin is involved. We'd like to, you know, blame something or someone, some entity, some rules. What is it that we should probably focus the most amount of blame. Is it just that that schools are allowed to do this? Is that the problem?
Speaker 5: No, Lane Kiffen decided to do this, Okay, that's what you should blame. He could have stayed at all Miss. Nobody was holding him hostage, holding a gun to his head, saying, decide you want to go to Florida or LSU.
Speaker 2: So he could have.
Speaker 5: Avoided all this by just staying in all Miss. So he made a choice. And you can blame the calendar if you want, but the calendar exists the way it does because that's where the semester break is. The semester break exists where it does because that's where Christmas is. So basically, unless you want to overhaul the American Higher Educational Systems calendar or move Christmas, I don't think you're really going to get much change.
Speaker 6: Always great perspective Live from the airboat. Andy Staples on the Betross and Moundy Show on a five seventy LA Sports talking about the coaching Carassel very interesting in the SEC, but it's not like everybody's got it figured out in the big ten. What's going on with Penn State and how come they can't find somebody to take their millions and millions and millions of dollars.
Speaker 5: Do y'all remember that Tennessee search a few years ago? Yes, that went absolutely crazy. So actually, so Mike Leach was actually sitting, the late Great Mike Leach may he rest in peace, was at a hotel in Marina del Rey waiting for the Tennessee Ad to get there. I remember my phone that I got it at four thirty am Eastern time, the morning of the day he was supposed to meet him, and it just says who the hell is in charge there? And it turned out later that day. Later that morning, the Tennessee AD was called back to Knoxville and fired because of the way he was handling that coaching search. And that's the one where they were going to hire Greg Ciano. The fans revolted and then they didn't hire. So Penn State Search is veering into that passage and they've talked to a lot of people. They just never have gotten down the road. It's that they had focused their energies on Colonie Sataki at b Yu. Kilanie was very clear with anybody who might have been interested in him that he was not doing anything until after this Big twelve championship game. And I suspect, I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect if BYU won, or if BYU just got into the College Football Playoff without beating Texas Tech in this game, either way, that Colonie was probably be like, no, never mind, I'm just gonna stay at Uyu. So you're gonna have to wait on him. And I don't think Penn State's willing to wait at this point, because if you think about this, when Lane made his decision, final, final, final decision on Sunday, all the dominoes fell. Arkansas hit, Auburn hit, Florida hit. That's what everybody was waiting for, clearly, and Penn State was not in position to make a hire, had not gotten down the road with anybody they really liked. And I got to be honest with you, guys, if I'm a coach, it's not just the mechanics of the search that would bother me. It's following James Franklin would be very difficult because they fired a guy who won thirteen games last year. Yea, and you better come in and make the playoff immediately and immediately compete for the Big Ten title. There's more pressure on whoever gets that job than there is on anybody getting any of these other jobs.
Speaker 3: Andy the.
Speaker 4: Well, we got Morris who's going to Oklahoma State, sum Raw to Florida, and UCLA gets Chesney. It's you know, I guess Summer is a little different than the other two. But following the Signetti sort of plan, what can you tell us about the guy that UCLA's getting and are they just trying to get the next Signetti? Are these three guys that are really good coaches and ready to make the jump.
Speaker 5: So, Bob Saysney certainly took the Signetti route. Signetti's route was Indiana University of Pennsylvania, which is amazing to me that such a place exists. There's also a California universe to Pensylvania, but he went Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Elon College, James Madison as an SDS school, James Madison as a the FBS school, and in Indiana Bob Chesney went even further back. He was at a D three school, then he was at a D two school called Assumption, he was at holy Cross, which is an FDS school, and then James Madison. So he's got the full Signette going on. But he's been great everywhere. He's been great every year's coach. He's won the league everywhere he's coached, and so when he was at holy Cross, he's the best coach in the Patriot League. Gets to James Madison immediately makes them competitive, even though Signette had taken most of the good players before last season. So they were competitive last year. This year they're probably going to win the league. They're twenty two and a half point favorites in the conference title game. If Duke wins the ACC, James Madison's going to make the playoff. So Jenney's having a hell of a year and he's a very good coach. And you know, people have known about him since he was in the SCS and said this is this guy's going to be a star.
Speaker 6: We appreciate you coming on and enjoy the rest of the college football season. Thanks for checking in with the West Coast a great Andy Staples ladies and gentlemen. Andy Staples, what a guy and the latest with college football and the chaos that is college football. Without the chaos, what fun would college football be? Let's be honest, a big thank you to him and Chris Peterson. You can podcast those interviews on the iHeartRadio app. We'll be right back with your dead and a live guy. Birthday of the Day.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Ronde.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app. Well, coming up next our favorite show, Bald Guy in the FF. How about a Fresco which is pretty clever.
Speaker 4: Line indeed, I'm not going to tell you Huge.
Speaker 3: Flex Alert one to three point thirty.
Speaker 6: The Clippers are in Atlanta and matt It is Pastathon Day, kfi's fifteenth annual pastathon to benefit Katerina's Club, a local charity providing twenty five thousand meals every week to children in need in southern California, when all Bill Handle cares about it is fagel smear.
Speaker 3: Where's the smear? What's happening right now?
Speaker 4: Beautiful? Twenty five thousand meals.
Speaker 6: One hundred percent of your donation goes to Katerina's Club and stays right here in Southern California. One dollar provides one meal. Donate anytime at KFIAM six forty dot com, slash pastathon and you can donate at checkout at any Smart and Final store, or at any Wendy's or as they call it right now because they got the chickens Tendy's.
Speaker 4: It's clever marketing. You know, it's because it's a play on words. I get it, you know, because it's Wendy's. Yeah, about that chicken tenders and they call them ten Dy's.
Speaker 3: That's why I brought it up.
Speaker 4: How about a fresco.
Speaker 6: That's a pretty cool line too. It's time for the Dead Guy Birthday of the Day.
Speaker 4: Matt Well, just to share a little anecdote about our dead guy Birthday of the day.
Speaker 6: My well, you you're very little if you're not anecdotal.
Speaker 4: My oldest daughter and I were just talking about our dead guy. Birthday of the day, Surrah, George Pierre Surrah. Not that we routinely discuss post Impressionist French painters. Oh, come on, man, But if she was staying back a couple of days in Chicago. When I was leaving on Friday and headed to the city, I mentioned, why not hit up the Art Institute and check out the Sarah because she was looking to do things indoors as the weather was rather inclement full Bueler right. He would have been one sixty sixth George. A Sunday afternoon on the island of Lagrange Jatte.
Speaker 12: You see that Cameron's looking at the woman because he doesn't have a mother, and then it goes it close up on the child's face, and then his face, and then closer and closer.
Speaker 4: Symbolism. People look deeper than just what the lines are.
Speaker 6: And that's a teenager spread. Okay, that's why we come from a better generation.
Speaker 4: The scientific approach that Sarah took in creating changed painting, changed modern art, kicked off the neo Impressionism era. He is quite simply one of the most important painters and an icon of the nineteenth century artists. I should say I painted for a while. It was not very good at it, which is why I was taken off of paint and put back on the labor. He is an artist, more importantly a hell of a mustache Beard Combo born.
Speaker 6: When you say you painted, you didn't have like the thing with like a beret had like a studio.
Speaker 4: I had a paint can, yeah, and I had those paint rags that don't work for s.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 4: You're just not good enough at tying in the corners. What would I have to do? She's too You're too heavy. She's too heavy with the brush. You know how to tie it in? Go back downstairs and shovel the stone. Born in Perry, father from Champan, had some money. His mom was a Parisian, encouraged his love of drawing from a young age. His formal art training began at the Echo des Beaux ar when he was still a teenager, and he wasn't into it because they wanted their students to follow strict academic rules about how painting should look. And he was into color and the science of color and light and how humans perceived it. And he said this my approach was the reverse of most artists.
Speaker 6: Instead of asking you know, if he's really that much of an icon at leish you'd show him some respect. I feel like I am how should the market like the freaking skunk pabula?
Speaker 4: But that's where I learned my frons accents, uh, he said. Instead of asking how should an artist paintings, he instead asked how does the eye see these? Surah then went about developing the painting technique we call point toism. Instead of blending brushstrokes, which I was terrible at, Sarah built his images from thousands of tiny dots of pure color. He believed that when viewers stood back, their eyes would mix the colors on their own, creating a brighter, more vibrant effect than traditional blending could achieve.
Speaker 3: Depressing the hell out of cameraon.
Speaker 4: They all said, you're crazy, man, That ain't gonna work.
Speaker 3: Don't do it like that, Srah.
Speaker 4: The aforementioned a Sunday afternoon on the island of La Garon Chepe took him over two years to finish. From a distance, at first glance, it looks like a painting of people relaxing in a park on the banks of the Sean, But when you get closer it dissolves into precise dots of color placed precisely, orderly, even mathematically.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like one of those Bob Marley posters and people's dorm. That's like a big Bob Marley head, but when you look closer, it's a bunch of little Bob Marley.
Speaker 4: Head Sarrah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: The contrast between the peaceful scene the intense discipline behind encapsulated Sarah himself quiet reserve, obsessively dedicated to his craft, worked hours in solitude. He was not warmly received, the critics didn't like it, but he was an artist's artist. The younger generation, those looking to start a new movement felt trapped imprisoned by the older conventions and traditions, used his work as they're jumping off point important figure open the door for the modern movements like cubism. You don't have to imitate nature directly, kids, you can reinterpret it.
Speaker 6: Cubism very popular here at the station and involves creating a snack area where everybody can snack, where Michelle Cube overlooks it.
Speaker 4: Right, that's cubism.
Speaker 6: And as we mentioned, the most famous one, if you're ever in Pringle.
Speaker 4: Got any beef jerky back there? That most famous workers at the Art Institute for Visiting Chicago. I was just visiting Peyton out in New York. The met has a big Surrah room as well. There are a couple here in Pasadena at the Norton Simon Museum. Sadly p he died young thirty one.
Speaker 6: There'll be a line of our listeners out there at the Norton Simon.
Speaker 3: Now get there.
Speaker 4: Now, it's gonna be crazy tomorrow when everybody's on the bock.
Speaker 3: Guy the Raiders, guy.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: Surrah is remembered as the founder of Pointism. He died of what they believe is consumption or maybe comment.
Speaker 6: George Surah beating out Britney spears. It was recently seen at the West Lake Inn. According to David Vassa is Canadian deuce. This not not quite as detailed as Sorah, but an artist in her own way.
Speaker 3: It's Canadian news take off.
Speaker 2: You don't rick our show, you boz her.
Speaker 3: Hey thirty six years old today.
Speaker 6: Cassie Steele born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, English and Filipina background A Penney. She played Manny Santos for nine years on Degrassi The Next Generation.
Speaker 4: Not exact years of Degrassi, not exactly.
Speaker 3: A lightweight okay. She was trained in ballet and jazz dance and even a gymnast.
Speaker 6: She was also in two De Grassy television films, Degrassy Goes Hollywood and De Grassy Manhattan. Lots of stuff happened to Manny. She's probably the slut of the school slut.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, she had sex with Craig, she had sex with Spinner, and she had sex with Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Jimmy's drake.
Speaker 4: Okay, in a wheelchair, Well there was.
Speaker 3: She had. She had Jimmy before the shooting.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say it, that'd be interesting.
Speaker 6: Well, actually there is a whole episode about that about wheelchair sacks.
Speaker 4: Yes with Jimmy, Yes there is, and Jimmy says it don't work.
Speaker 6: Well, they go back and forth, but uh yes, So you think the Grassy won't go there.
Speaker 4: But it did.
Speaker 3: But they do, they really go there.
Speaker 4: Lots of made Drake Drake.
Speaker 6: No, but it's what made the Grassy de Grassy on the show. Much like in real life, Manny was trying to be a pop star, and in realize she was trying to be a pop star.
Speaker 3: And I guess she is kind of a pop star in Canada.
Speaker 6: She also plays deep cover Galactic Federation agent, one of those people on a reoccurring character on Rick and Morty.
Speaker 4: Okay, famous show, love that show.
Speaker 6: Lots of TV movies like Super Sweet sixteen the movie on MTV.
Speaker 4: The movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a movie.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it just a show about like kids that have crazy sixteenth birthday party?
Speaker 3: Apparently there was a fictional movie about it. I don't know.
Speaker 6: In Degrassi, there was an episode where she has one of those whale tail thongs, Oh, coming out of her pants? Popular episode. So she came out with her own brand of thongs that are environmentally sustainable.
Speaker 3: So you put them in a compost.
Speaker 6: Pile when you're done with the thought seems like it might pull it out of you, pull it out of your ass, the compost.
Speaker 3: They're environmentally sustainable.
Speaker 6: She was hired and to star in the Disney Giant production of Rain of the Last Dragon, but then she was.
Speaker 3: Fired before production.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 6: She married and then divorced, but now she has a kid with her new boyfriend and lives in Colorado.
Speaker 3: The best art, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Believe that is what they call it in Canada, And that's what your guys so Rah would have called it a best honest.
Speaker 3: And we'll return with more petros and money tomorrow. That's a one o'clock start. Stay with us
Speaker 6: Waller for shine Head and Fat Nose coming up there.