Speaker 1: Yeah, super duper.
Speaker 2: That's nice way to goo nto gay.
Speaker 1: Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the sixth day of July twenty twenty six. Good Monday morning to you everybody. Welcome back to the Patrick of Morning Show.
Speaker 4: We're glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: There's lots to get to on today's show.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I haven't really started looking at stuff yet, but I'll figure it out before we get there. Today it's just me and meet Sauce and Maxo. He meets us, Maxo and Hawksho show. But who knows what's gonna happen. Zach is on vacation again, Corey's out losing a poker. Ben's on vacation as well, doing something, probably diddling himself. Who knows, maybe maybe a friend Kim and By. I'm not sure who saw us booked, but I do know. We get some comedy right now from Tim Young talking about nud beaches. Let's get her started right. It's gonna be an off the Hook show today, a Patrick Mark show on a Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Come on in, listen up.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Awesa.
Speaker 5: I went to a new beach for the first time this summer. Wow, It's not what you think it is. And let me explain, it's not weird to see naked people. We see nwd dy all the time, you know, cable and R rated movies. But those people in the movies have been pre approved to be naked. They went through a casting director or somebody.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Everybody gets onto the nude beach. It's not the Playboy channel down there. It's more like the Discovery Channel.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure who made the human body, especially after I saw the nudists involved in sporting activities. There's nothing more confusing than watching a naked man running.
Speaker 4: Some things are not so good at high speed.
Speaker 5: That's why I couldn't believe it when I found out the first Olympics in ancient Greece were performed completely in the nude for hundreds of years. Why don't they bring this back to the Olympics boosts the ratings? Who wouldn't tune in to see the nude luge? Put a new twist on the men's hurdles too, wouldn't it?
Speaker 4: Sweet and sauce feet us on your side, Sauce you here? The frezy is it not working? What's he doing?
Speaker 1: In you?
Speaker 4: Stray? Is he saying, hello, check one too.
Speaker 1: Check.
Speaker 4: Let's start off great, h check chick.
Speaker 6: You're so used to putting the thermostat in your studio at seventy five, you put.
Speaker 1: This one to seventy six.
Speaker 4: I had she was freezing in there, our guests just freezing to death in there.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll start sweating if if we keep it at seventy six.
Speaker 4: You'll let her ever let him see a sweat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I won't.
Speaker 4: It was our special guest, who Julia Daniels.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody can tell me you were coming in.
Speaker 7: I know it was a special it was a special surprise.
Speaker 4: Look at you, and you're not just here. You're here like at the crack of dawn.
Speaker 7: I know what, are you proud of me?
Speaker 4: I'm proud of you. I just don't know what you're thinking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, me either.
Speaker 4: To be honest, you know, every time you're on the show.
Speaker 3: First of all, most of the time when you're on the show, I'm not here. I think they're trying to keep us separating standing. I get it, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 2: They know my.
Speaker 4: Reputation, but it's just a reputation.
Speaker 3: But also, do you know every time you're on the show, and I'm on here with you, I get about five text from my mom saying, I guarantee you you guys are related because my mom's maiden name is Daniels. Oh, no way, all of my family are Daniels. They're all from I don't think your line is from Indiana slash Tennessee. No, no, right, right, so we're probably, but you know the Daniels are all related at some point, right, they got to be right? Did you hear me even start talking southern there?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 7: I got to be related?
Speaker 4: Am all right? I know, I don't know what I'm doing. But every time I start in my last night starting this again.
Speaker 2: I can't help it.
Speaker 7: But you're from where Arkansas?
Speaker 4: Arkansas? See there's that's that's way south.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then I'm right on the Louisiana border too, so it's like, oh, yeah, deep South.
Speaker 4: We're just we're the we're the dirty South. We just we pretend they were from.
Speaker 1: The Indiana Dirty South. Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that's about.
Speaker 1: The dirty South is Atlanta? Ye know that's the wrong guy? Always yes, yeah, I hope.
Speaker 7: Not again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Devin, I think is over there. What's up, guys? What's up? Man, good to see you. Man, it's been a while.
Speaker 3: How you guys been You know, I'm pretty good. It's a long weekend and uh and here we are. It's, uh the other side of summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, yeah, here we go.
Speaker 6: Did I see a story hawk that you had that it's already getting daylights getting less already weeks ago?
Speaker 1: First, How did I not know that summer solstices upon us?
Speaker 4: You're busy being a dad? Yeah?
Speaker 1: These change, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Things change.
Speaker 3: Well, Devin, welcome. I'm glad you're here. Thank you for coming in, filling in for Zach who's on a permitive vacation. And uh and and Julia, thank you for coming in. I appreciate very very much. Of course, we got lots of stuff.
Speaker 4: To talk about today. I got fun stuff for you guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got I got serious stuff like Ai. Yeah, I got fun stuff like evil Knievel.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And we have.
Speaker 3: Lots to talk about when it comes to the weekend. I mean, there was so much that happened this weekend. What'd you do for July fourth? Their saucer saucers?
Speaker 1: We were up north.
Speaker 2: Uh, it poured from about probably two to about six pm, like down poured.
Speaker 6: I walked out to the point that my parents have and I looked out. I'm like, why is nobody out in the lake? And then I looked even more left. I'm like, ooh, that's why this massive dark cloud was rolling over the lake. Cory Cove, Yeah, there was. I thought you were in Vegas, Corey losing all your money.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's right there in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're both in Vegas. Yeah, it's just a coincidence there there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think they're they're doing what Kelly and I did, and we went I think they're getting married, but I think so Zach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was. It poured.
Speaker 6: And then as I was telling Julia as we walked up here, I said, the proble not problem, but when we go up there, young Louis doesn't like sleeping in the pack and play that we have for him, so he sleeps in between Kelly and I.
Speaker 1: Well, when he goes to bed, we have to go to bed, which.
Speaker 6: We use as a convenient excuse, not that we'd stay up for the fireworks anyway, but uh.
Speaker 1: Lawyer Lambert sat.
Speaker 2: Outside and watched the fireworks by himself and took about seventy five pictures so nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course Scotch yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, of course he did Gotch scot but he went.
Speaker 6: He was out there and watched him as they It's cool because up there they started whatever. That golf course is over there, and then they just roll across the lake all the way to the other side.
Speaker 2: It's kind of fun. I think I've stayed up for it once. It sounds right, but yeah, that's a little late for me.
Speaker 4: What you do for the fourth?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: I had a great weekend, you know what I did? On July third? Some of our friends took us up and why would.
Speaker 4: You question here, yesh, because that's a legitimate Some of.
Speaker 8: Our friends took us in a plane to watch fireworks from a plane.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's not cool.
Speaker 4: That's not the same as smoking crack a.
Speaker 7: Feeling.
Speaker 4: You're right, Why didn't that was?
Speaker 8: It was so just because I don't know what I was off on Friday and we got invited to go.
Speaker 7: It was great.
Speaker 8: And then on Saturday went out to shout out my best friend Ali, she lives with it's basically an older sister Amanda and scoog.
Speaker 9: And we.
Speaker 8: Scoog and we went out on the river and on the Mississippi. They live right on the Mississippi and they also have a huge pool in the back as well, and we had a great time. Maybe drink one too many white cloths surges.
Speaker 1: But what's that? Ye?
Speaker 7: Yeah, is that like, sir, I just go I'm surging.
Speaker 4: That sounds like you said that about one hundred times. Yeah, is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's Max.
Speaker 4: Don't you sit in here, you guys sit there with the big dogs today.
Speaker 1: Is uh is white cloth surge like a.
Speaker 7: It just has more alcohol.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh well that's what we need. Yeah, that's good. Yeah, that does sound like something you said about fifteen inner time. So was it a situation where there was a pool and a river and they said the river would be good for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Arkansas, get in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, max O and Julia Daniels, you guys know each other. High.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm Max.
Speaker 4: Oh did you see you? Max? Welcome in? Thank you for getting early?
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, Sorry I was late. My these they're just hiring anybody to be uber drivers these days. I'm telling you, getting here, Yeah, tale to tell us, I always gotta tell.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well we'll save that for the news. Because I'm gonna guess it's gonna end up on the news anyway. Yeah, so you you were off the entire weekend there, Juli, No no, uh, no television time for you.
Speaker 7: And no television.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I haven't been on television since Wednesday last.
Speaker 4: Week right right back this Wednesday, probation or something. Yeah, what did you say?
Speaker 7: I signed in NDA so completely sports.
Speaker 3: It was widely reported that you weren't on television because you were at the tailor Travis wedding.
Speaker 7: You know, I think my invite got lost on the mail just messed up.
Speaker 1: That was a hodgepodge of people.
Speaker 7: I have not even looked at any of that. Well, like, I haven't been on the internet.
Speaker 1: Dino was there the five?
Speaker 2: Like what like the guy they go to when they're like, Dean, do you think this is a touchdown or you think they'll overturn?
Speaker 7: It makes.
Speaker 1: Well if you had to replay the Adam Sandler's or whatever.
Speaker 3: Maybe Adam Sandler was the one who officially Yeah wait, seriously, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they did it at Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that crazy. I did know that Stevie Nicks performed, and.
Speaker 3: Which is the first song Taylor ever had a hit with was about Tim McGrath and it was called McGrath.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, so you rise.
Speaker 1: But the one guy wouldn't take off his limits. He wouldn't shift.
Speaker 4: I sent my my regards.
Speaker 1: Yes what I did, that's you.
Speaker 2: I had to play in anadale, So I just sent a video message like ford lo I did.
Speaker 4: I welcomed. I welcomed Travis to married life, you know, and gave him my condolences and uh and.
Speaker 3: Uh they went on with their lives. Uh no, but it was a halevishon dig and I can only imagine what it must.
Speaker 4: Have been like to be a part of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, the entire thing.
Speaker 4: But I don't know. Madson Square Garden, right, that's okay.
Speaker 8: I heard mixed reviews about that, Like people were making fun of her for having it at Madison Square Garden because it's like.
Speaker 7: She's getting married at work.
Speaker 8: But then also, I mean, she's got the funds to make it not look like Madison Square Garden inside, right sure. And also I heard it was security is better there than just about anywhere else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I also heard that they did it there because there were if they went like they went somewhere super nice.
Speaker 2: Like let's say they went to Saint Lucia. There's a really nice place that all the famous people go called Sugar Beach. Right, that's like, uh, who's the guy we interviewed Hawk that had like one word answers on the phone.
Speaker 6: No, not Frank Bean, the guy in the soccer movie with Marky American, the funky butt Mark Welburt. She got married there and rented the whole thing out. The issue, though, is like cameras and people can fly overhead, right, That's why they had it inside, so there was no like paparazzi couldn't get.
Speaker 1: At it from like other angles of it.
Speaker 7: I see that makes sense, But okay, sure, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think security is a big deal. I think you know that. That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: But when you're inviting Dean Blandino, I guess anybody's.
Speaker 4: Inviting, I don't I don't believe you were.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: It sounds like, sure, you decided not to go, and I know Max Max couldn't go because of the Ober situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Uber kept taking that and Zach could.
Speaker 3: He'd love to go, but he's got a vacation play, Yeah, Vegas. You gotta gotta go out there and take some time off because he's.
Speaker 4: Overworked, is what he is.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, our guy is seven hundred and forty eighth place currently.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good for him. Yeah, out of seven forty nine. I don't know, but he No, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good because there's a lot of a lot of poker players out there doing this thing, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for close to already cashing, right, I don't know hundred of cash, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think this just might be the seven hundred and forty four of like his bit, right right, Like, I think that's just seven hundred and forty four.
Speaker 1: Of day one would be my guess, you guys a question, yes, sir?
Speaker 4: When uh?
Speaker 1: Good for him? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Good for him. When the Twins sign a player.
Speaker 1: With the name.
Speaker 3: Ooh suck Go, do they expect us to be adults about it? And I don't want to make one. I don't want to make fun of people's names. My last name is a sport that I've never played, and I've only had skates on my feet at once. But the gentleman's name is I looked it up. His name is Woo Dash s u K and then his last name go or I guess go might be the first name. I don't know how that works, but I know that his pronunciation here on my AP sports it's the pronunciation is Ooh suck go. Twenty seven year old right handed pitcher for cast considerations from the Tigers the Twins have acquired.
Speaker 4: Did they not think of my career?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think they did, And what does my do? I think the pole has just heard so many people say you suck go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sign this guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say it again because I don't want to be accused of making fun of somebody's name.
Speaker 1: Daddy's enjoying them. It's a by.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I been dealing with the stress of this all weekend. Yeah, And I just wanted to get out of the way right away and just let everybody know that the Twins have no concern for my career aspiration. No, they do not, which I don't have any left, which is funny.
Speaker 4: And I know that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're on top of it and you read the sports.
Speaker 6: But the reason you know about it and I know about it is about seventy five thousand people tagged us, of course on Twitter. The second that guy got I think he yeah, was signed off waivers.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and I can I can tell you know that I am. I'm touched because the number of people who told me not to address it.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: You know, I's sweet of them to care about my my career aspirations, but it is very cind.
Speaker 4: But I am.
Speaker 3: I am a sports guy, and I have to report the sports. And the Twins added a relief picture whose last name.
Speaker 1: Is go what's his full name?
Speaker 4: It's oo suck it is. I'm telling you it is, and I'm not making fun.
Speaker 3: That's how you say it. You're gonna hear people say it over and over again. You're gonna think they're making fun. They're not making fun.
Speaker 1: So relax, Yeah, we're not making fun of it. It's just a good It's like, what was the guy?
Speaker 4: I love?
Speaker 7: How?
Speaker 4: By the way, our guest has gone completely silent.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you guys want to know why I went silent?
Speaker 8: This is so you guys are gonna think this is so funny. I'm looking No, sorry, this is completely off topic.
Speaker 1: That's what are you doing?
Speaker 4: A meat sauce.
Speaker 8: Carol Levan is on and I'm looking at Alicia Lewis love her, by the way, this is no shade.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure she's wearing my dres us.
Speaker 4: You can find out she looks. Why do you just keep your clothes at the at the spot?
Speaker 8: I do keep a lot of my dresses up there, so this has happened many times.
Speaker 7: We're all looking. I'm like that promo. I'm like that anchor is wearing my dress?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 7: I think that's so funny.
Speaker 8: But I leave them up there knowing that that's a possible, which is fine. I'm flattered if if I mean, Alicia is phenomenal and she looks great all the time, so if she wants to wear my dress, I'm flattered.
Speaker 7: Is perk still there? Is that what you asked?
Speaker 4: You just make it fun because I was.
Speaker 1: Then we're going to say, was he wearing it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, oh that that dress?
Speaker 1: Yeah, George, if it's if it's not.
Speaker 7: My have one very similar. She looks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Should I text her?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Text her and find out if she answers on all cows we're friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a great show. Did you come in here and put it on this channel?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, she didn't roll like that, you see you alright, alright, anyways, that's the first segment. Man, we already went late and I just got started. I just I'm glad we get the twins signing out of the way.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: I figured that was the best part.
Speaker 1: I thought it went well.
Speaker 6: My favorite part about all of this is normally when I come and talk to you early in the morning, Hawk, were you either going to rip somebody.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a good laugh.
Speaker 6: And I'm gonna say something real offensive and less Abby's in there with you right right right. The first thing you say is Joe Ryan pitched, well, he's going to get traded to the Yankees.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Hocket's five.
Speaker 3: And he was confused, confused. I gotta jump out of my role when big Dog ain't here. You know, I prefer to get back in my spot.
Speaker 4: But you know it's cool. I know, I know what I'm doing. I can do this somehow.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: We get rolling about halfway through the show, and then by the time cours back, we're all sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like, we're better without him. Now we have to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Now we'll see him.
Speaker 3: He's in the d L and he just rolls in like the thunderstorm across the lake and he and we'll be playing the initials. It's not a major, is it isn't a major?
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: But Marty's not gonna be there.
Speaker 1: Marty's gone.
Speaker 4: No one money asked me on a date last night?
Speaker 1: Did she really?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But sure I turned her down.
Speaker 3: Sure, Wow, I turned her I know, because I didn't want to go to uh Saint Cloud to see Winona.
Speaker 1: Oh? Is that why she was selling her tickets?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she And then she's like, you know why I about hockey?
Speaker 3: Go with me?
Speaker 1: And I was like, in your backyard?
Speaker 4: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 3: And I just played four gigs in a row or something like that. So I just needed a night at home. Yeah, I needed a night at home. So I stayed home and watched the documentary on AI that just blew my brain.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I did not well, never mind trying to be cool, man, would you let me be cool for one day?
Speaker 3: We had a guest in here. I'm trying to be cool, my god. Anyway, So I did not go, but I thought I was sweet of her. Asked me if I wanted to go to see Winona and Melissa Ethard where at the ledge it was too far. Not that it's too far to drive for a good concert, it was too far to drive on a Sunday night. Yeah, I have to work in the next morning and I have to have to do this hard.
Speaker 1: Do you think anyone bought her tickets?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was way too late. I saw that like six thirty last night.
Speaker 3: It was one of those things like like, well, like you have Dave Matthews where it seemed like a good idea at the time, but you we hoped you might be dead by that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And yeah, I got real lucky sold him to a die for face value and he bought both of them.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but now when it's rescheduled till the thirtieth.
Speaker 2: Of August, I'll probably go Bike's on, probably go by myself, but yeah I'll go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll probably go. Yeah, because then.
Speaker 2: When it was all happening, I'm like, yeah, I probably should have gone. Is that lady wearing your dress.
Speaker 1: On, Carol Evin, that's Courtney.
Speaker 8: That's one of my good friends. No, that is Courtney's dress. Always tell her she looks like black widow and she wears that with her red hair.
Speaker 1: She kind of does.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: She also has a black leather trench coat that she wears when it's raining, and I'm like, whoa, you really look like a spy.
Speaker 1: Are trench coats back in?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You're back?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank god I got one hundreds of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you still got to wear something underneath.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, don't you mustard a bunch of more. So we'll be right back on the fan. Thanks for tuning in. This is too jazz.
Speaker 1: We need got our helmet, got her helmet. M Man dot com. Never clean your gutters again.
Speaker 3: Ever, don't want to be doing that when you comput out of the fun things like blowing your fingers off the fireworks?
Speaker 1: How about that? Every year? It always happens every year, man, Yeah, every year.
Speaker 7: I love the tweets that I see on Thursday they say this is the last two days. Some people will have a Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to be so stupid with fireworks.
Speaker 6: Oh as a kid, we used to those bottle rockets that screamed. We would light them, hold on to them and then with them at each.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure, we have a Roman candle. Yeah you put them in a fi Oh yeah, almost had a couple of Michael Jackson situations. You boys, you boys have prodarily died.
Speaker 6: Some bullets there were somewhere like they would go like they were waterproof and you could stand in the lake and throw them at each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was just I mean I can remember Harder Park was the park in my hometown and it had the big city fireworks display and then it was completely dark and that's when the war zone broke out. Oh yeah, always George just firing bottle rockets and everybody, every car that went by delta flights landing at Midway, I mean everywhere, they were just bottle rockets go in every direction.
Speaker 4: The scary and fun.
Speaker 6: You have a pocket full of them and you kind of walk around and you'd light it and then you just whip it at somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you try to hold it as long as possible, exact, that's why it's always dudes.
Speaker 7: I grew up in such a strict household. We did not, did you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't throw a bottle.
Speaker 7: My parents were known in my hometown as the strict parents.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 8: Yeah, until about high school and I'm the youngest of fours and they're like, well, you know, what we did our best.
Speaker 1: We got this far.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm guessing that we could all take easy. Uh you know, digs at that and wonder about the negatives of it. Tell me some positives of it, And what was it like growing up in a family like that? Did you feel safe?
Speaker 4: Was it a good thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean they my parents were very adamant that we'd be independent. So I was like doing my own laundry and second grade and making my own school lunch in kindergarten and yeah, and then of course then once the once the older siblings started going to college, then Mom's like.
Speaker 7: Are you sure you don't want help with your laundry? Like, don't touch my stuff? Actually move past it? Right, So yeah, positives And I mean, should second graders be doing their laundry? Probably not, but I.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I mean it's definitely a reason like work ethic is big in my life.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 7: That's a good positive of it.
Speaker 8: Uh them.
Speaker 7: Anyways, he's really sad.
Speaker 3: It's good about Like I said, it's it's easy to think of the of the harshness of that, but I'm sure there were some positives too.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, and I wouldn't trade being the baby of a large family for anything. I have three older siblings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so boys girls of everything.
Speaker 8: It's boy girl, boy girl. Don't know how my parents pulled that off. Chronicles of Narnia. Yeah, but I always say same personalities as all the Chronicles and Narnia characters as well. Yeah, and I always tell everybody, you know, even if the rest of the family can't get along, they can agree on one thing.
Speaker 7: They all like me, of.
Speaker 8: Course, And I'm oh, yeah, well they yeah, they love me. It's like they won't talk to each other about something.
Speaker 7: Then who's who are they gonna go to? Julia?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't laugh at that.
Speaker 4: It's good. Well, we're glad you your work ethic led you to Minnesota. Oh yeah, yeah, you like it here? You about to get out here?
Speaker 7: No, I love Minnesota.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be.
Speaker 1: Honest right now.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no, I'm sorry if you're liking it.
Speaker 7: When I moved here, it was it was rough.
Speaker 8: The first year was rough, and I was one of the youngest people at the station, and so I didn't have any friends.
Speaker 4: The worst I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Well in the South is just it's so even just people's everyday mannerisms are so different than the Midwest.
Speaker 8: And you know, like everybody says, when you moved to Minnesota, everyone can be kind of stand offish, but then once you are here for a while, you really feel like it's a polar opposite.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everyone is actually really nice.
Speaker 4: And thank you.
Speaker 1: Claim it and then we're like, oh, right exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I've been here four years that it's like this is home to me.
Speaker 4: So I moved here when I was twenty three years old.
Speaker 3: I didn't know anybody except for my wife and the newborn son, and I remember everybody talking about Minnesota nice and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 4: That exists, but it's hey, great to meet you, say over there.
Speaker 7: And that's that's what everybody told me when I moved here.
Speaker 8: Is like in the South, you meet somebody and then they say, oh, we're having a cook hour.
Speaker 4: You come over.
Speaker 8: Minnesotas will tell you anything except for where they live.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, I'll tell you to meet up and then you'll be like when in the.
Speaker 7: About that?
Speaker 3: Then once sure one of us, you're one of us, and that's that is exactly right. So I think it's a great It's it's hard to get acclimated. But once you do, it's a great place.
Speaker 1: To be, it is.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been here my whole life. I love it here. Yeah, I wouldn't leave. Well, eventually we've been trying to leave. Yeah, they'll throw me out, but yeah out here, Yeah get out, leave me alone exactly.
Speaker 4: But no, it's cool, so good, we're good.
Speaker 3: We're glad to have you. And again we're gonna break momentary because we went earlier. I went late in that first segment. But where do you guys hear the facts I've accumulated about Evil because I think there's something.
Speaker 1: That did you watch a documentary? There is a really dope.
Speaker 4: There's a great documentary. I have seen it.
Speaker 3: But I just felt like with all the July fourth and all the stuff about the two hundred and fifty years of America, he was wildly underappreciated in the celebrations because Evil can Eevil is one of those Americans that could only be American.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had the Evil can Eevel toys growing up.
Speaker 3: I thought he was just a great America. I had no idea he was such a freak. I had no idea how little science went into anything he did.
Speaker 1: He's just winging it right. Literally, Yeah, he just guessed. He's the ultimate like dude that just goes, yeah, I could do that.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what he did. And he did it, and they said would you like to try it on a dirt bike and he said, now I'm going to ride my triumph.
Speaker 1: So literally he's jackass before jackass.
Speaker 4: That's exactly how I would describe it. In fact, that's exactly how I described it. That's exactly right. So I got stuff for you.
Speaker 3: I'm excited you to talking about regarding that a little bit later, and even the aftermath of the Caesars jump, in which it looks like there's not even a human being on the motorcycle. It looks like a crash test. Dummy lands and just burst into pieces. How he faked part of the aftermath of it. Now we'll get to a link.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: But next it is gonna be sports. This is the Powertrick Morning Show. Enjoy. Dangel's over there with the cast of thousands. We'll be right back Patrick from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored.
Speaker 4: It's July Football seasons right around the corner.
Speaker 1: Twenty days from today hogs.
Speaker 4: Day, your mind, man, I know fifteen days that I believe the Patriots report.
Speaker 1: Right yea.
Speaker 4: From right now, Juliet.
Speaker 7: So my life ends, yeah, or or or begin will begin again.
Speaker 1: You can look at it the.
Speaker 7: Other way, you know, social life ends again or.
Speaker 1: Or begins.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I know it's a weird thing because it's a direct left turn. I mean, for everybody in this building and your building and what we do, how lucky are we to get to do what we're right? But it is like having two lifetimes. There's football season and non football.
Speaker 7: And there's the rest of the year.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right, yeah, yeah, And I don't know, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't have it any other way.
Speaker 4: I'll regret it when it's gone, you know, So I'm gonna enjoy it while I still got it. And you never know. It's a roll of the damn dice every day, roll of the damn dice every day.
Speaker 6: And it's one of those things where, like February you're like it's over with all right, cool, And then about March fifteenth for me, I'm like, man, Sundays.
Speaker 1: Are real boring without football. Yeah, I enough college basketball, Like.
Speaker 2: By the end of the season, you're like ready for a two done, and then as soon as it's over, you're like, I want to back.
Speaker 1: And it's the longest off season of all the sports.
Speaker 6: But yeah, man, when it rolls around and you got this, the last month without football till February March the.
Speaker 4: Best, That's right, baby?
Speaker 7: And I love the fall too, Yeah, yeah, the fall whale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on now yep.
Speaker 4: Julia Daniels. Yeah. Have you ever gone by or does anybody call you Jules?
Speaker 7: Yes? My whole family does, do they? Does anybody call you j my mentor used to call me j or j D?
Speaker 4: J D that was my next one. They call you j D. Does anybody go by with Julie?
Speaker 7: No, that's because I'm like, that's not my name.
Speaker 4: You're not a Julie.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I've known Julie's they're cool and everything, but you're a Julia. Yeah. I like JD though.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Does anybody call you Dan nonial life?
Speaker 1: I don't call her Dan man the man, Dan Dan the man?
Speaker 4: I think you said Dan Man. Either way, that's not good, not good for uh. Would you rather just stick with Julia or or should we.
Speaker 5: Go j D?
Speaker 7: You can go with j D? Cool, and everyone at the station calls me juju.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not doing that. I would go j D. That's okay, that's perfect, Okay, I'm a great to hit this.
Speaker 1: Now here we go.
Speaker 12: Time now for front paid Sports presented by Holiday Station Store Red Bull eight point four ounce three for six fifty, Small Can Big Energy Grab three Red Bull eight.
Speaker 1: Point four ounce for just six fifty. Stock up Small Can, Big Energy.
Speaker 4: That's not what you said.
Speaker 1: What did I say?
Speaker 4: I thought you said the other way around.
Speaker 6: Oh, Small Can, Big Energy. Grab three Red Bull eight point four ounce for just six fifty. Stock up on your favorite and save, mix and match your favorite bowl flavors today with our amazing friends at Holiday. The US tonight will battle Belgium Let's go in the round of sixteen of the World Cup at seven pm. And I don't know how to pronounce his first name, but I looked it up and heard it this morning.
Speaker 1: Balligan. Is that how you say Balligan?
Speaker 2: Floren Ballagan will be available to play in US's match tonight because the the FIFA Disciplinary Committee has suspended the red card issued to him and he will be able to play. They reverse the red card and he'll play tonight, so their best player will be on the pitch for the US against Belgium's.
Speaker 3: This is one of my is raising hell against about after that last game, is that he should have been spended for games.
Speaker 1: That's a terrible red card. Yeah, terrible. Yeah, but then it also shows how easily swayed FIFA is.
Speaker 6: Also, this is a conspiracy theorist to me because I haven't watched a ton of.
Speaker 1: It, but you're getting like forty million people to watch.
Speaker 2: As long as the USA continues, the United States of America will be interested in it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. The United States is out, they lose all the interest in it, and it they I.
Speaker 6: Mean when they when I saw that they had, like it peaked at like thirty million people.
Speaker 2: That's NFL numbers. Man like, good for the sport, but the USA and it helps. Yeah, but he'll play man, so good for him.
Speaker 3: Hey JD, are you a soccer aficionadou in what ways.
Speaker 4: You know about it? It's not the World Cup.
Speaker 8: I don't watch like Premier League or anything like that, but I grew up playing soccer. Oh so, and then we were we were a big World Cup family. Though like every two years it's women's and the men's and women's and men's and every summer was dedicated to everything world.
Speaker 1: Second grade have to pay the TV bill? No, my brother did that.
Speaker 4: How did you find time to play soccer when you had to work on You to go.
Speaker 8: Work in the garden in the morning and then we can watch the World Cup games after that?
Speaker 4: Interesting? Yeah, well you earned it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're sure as a child. So yeah, is in he will play tonight at seven o'clock. That should I will watch it because you know, it's the only thing on. But uh, and a lot of people are watching. I'll probably rip it and get yelled at by Andy.
Speaker 4: But here we are, my good friend Andy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been fun, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people seem to be loving it.
Speaker 1: It's so much fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And FIFA is super corrupt, so they definitely, Oh yeah, they're super duper correct. They showed the other day when Baligan got that that penalty.
Speaker 1: Messy ran a guy over. Yeah, yeah, I'm in the foot and the refs are like, you didn't see anything. We see anything because it's better with Messy in it. They're not going to take no no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: But they're they're heavy, favorite not heavy, but their favorites tonight Indulgium is passed. Yeah they yeah, they're super mad.
Speaker 7: Where's that game being played?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can't imagine what those tickets must be going Soccer town man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's a beautiful stadium.
Speaker 4: It's just the best.
Speaker 6: It's cool that its right up to the like the Mariners Field, and yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 4: Julia, have you been there?
Speaker 7: I haven't. It's on my bucket list.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll like it.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 7: Every time I see videos and like, wow.
Speaker 3: Ridiculously loud. It's everything. Everybody always says it. This is pretty cool, pretty cool. Do you guys ever listen to the Ted Radio Hour podcast Anybody? They did this bit a couple of weeks ago now heading into the World Cup about why certain people perform well under pressure situations in sports, and the first person they talked to was I forget her name, darn it, the female soccer player who became such a huge star about eight years ago or so. Yes, yes, yeah, And she tells the story of scoring a goal in this big, high pressure situation and I'm gonna tell you it's the same way I feel about Formula one. Listening to somebody describe it and talk about it is in a lot of ways better for me than actually watching it. The drama of what's going on and everything that goes into scoring a goal, is it, you know, if it's just it's the the culmination of hours and hours literally of things coming together. And listening to her describe this seminal goal that made her a star really really fascinating.
Speaker 4: Man, it was a header.
Speaker 3: I believe that she scored on some big mument. May have been in a World Cup for the woman a few years ago. But I'd encourage you to listen to the Ted Radio hour. It's always interesting after you listened to the Power tro morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, thank you for doing that.
Speaker 4: No, thank you.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Twins, how about this? This should have led but the World Cup is everybody's heated about it.
Speaker 6: So your Minnesota Twins took two to three from the Yankees after they beat them six to one last night. That's their first series winning New York since win.
Speaker 1: It's got to be at least ten years.
Speaker 4: I was gonna stay longer than that, even twenty twelve, say twenty thirteen.
Speaker 6: I'll go twenty eleven, twenty fourteen, that's the last time they won a series.
Speaker 1: Here was Hawks hot sports take.
Speaker 6: Joe Ryan went seven scattered three hits, one walk, and he struck out nine.
Speaker 1: The Yankees are one and nine in their last ten games.
Speaker 2: Joe Ryan is the first Twins pitcher to throw a seven plus in in shutout at seven plus ing shutout at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 6: Since Johan Santana in five. God, your Twins are only three back of five hundred. They battle the Guardians tomorrow at six forty.
Speaker 3: Now, not being silly, Yankee scouts know Joe Ryan's good no matter what. They can watch film. Everybody has the same access to everything.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: But it does seem like Joe Ryan went into Yankee Stadum and said, look at here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, it was on the peacock. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, that's what it felt like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen to Chelta talk about the performance here.
Speaker 13: As close to the best as we've seen him, bouncing back, you know, especially against a lineup like that, you know, ending a road trip. But outstanding execution fastball. We have two runners at second base the whole day, just overall in command of everything, ability to execute the fastball, ability to get the fastball of different quadrants. You know, we know he's got the low slot in the ride, but you can tell today there was a lot of you know, uncomfortable swings, which I think was a testament to his stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he will probably if Trek's scouble isn't traded by Detroit, he will be the hottest commodity on the trade block and they will be blown away by.
Speaker 1: By trade offers. And again it'll be tough.
Speaker 6: To say no because I think after next season he's a free agent, and who knows if he gets hurt what kind of season he has next year, But they are going to get blown away by trade offers here at about starting in about two weeks.
Speaker 4: Good for him. I'm always great, well listen, and he's a good kid.
Speaker 3: And I'm always astounded by people who in the big moments shine the brightest. And when you go in there knowing that all those eyes are on you and a huge paycheck may await, you make it even bigger by being great like that.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Good for him and to be the ace of life, I mean, even like the Dodgers that go, well, we'll take him and some of these any contenders an about him, for.
Speaker 6: Sure to see here. The MLB draft is on Saturday. Your Minnesota Twins have the third pick. And as the Twins have lucked out in the last couple of drafts, especially in this one, there are three great players and the Twins have the third pick.
Speaker 1: Three great players and the Twins have the third pick. Yeah, yep, the whole game. So yeah, that's on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Any idea, like, do you have a name for us?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Von Lackey is a catcher from Georgia's Georgia Tech. He's really really good and he's a true catcher, so he might stay at that position. Grady Emerson is a high school shortstop. The MLB draft is weird because you can't trade, but like every team has like an allotted amount of money. So if like the first overall pick wants Let's say the Twins have fifteen million to spend on their entire draft class and the first overall pick wants ten million of that, and the team with the first pick is the White Sox and they go, well, we're not going to give you the that much. Then these guys start to slide, right, So the only way you can trade technically is by the managing of your money, right, So you could say we'll take the third best guy who wants eight million, then he'll slide back to the third pick. So that's why no one really knows how this is going to go. The first overall pick is something The first overall guy they think will be is something called like roch Chesky or something. He's a UCLA shortstop, he's a stud phenom player, Kilowski Chilowski. But he may want like eleven of their fifteen million, and the White Sox might go, well, no, we can get Lackey at eight million, and then we can basically get another first round pick at the end of It's very complicated.
Speaker 4: You know, Johnny Bones will be in tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah I got that all from there, but.
Speaker 4: Because that I had no idea that any of that was the guest.
Speaker 1: But cool.
Speaker 6: So you see teams, like a few years ago, there was a guy, I think it was when the it was when the Astros took Carlos Krea number. He wanted less money than Buxton, So they in turn then came back around with their second pick and got a guy that wanted seven million to be a first round pick. Well, they had the money in the second round, so technically they got two first round values, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 4: Hey, check this out.
Speaker 1: A weird bit.
Speaker 4: That's very fascinating. Thank you for all that research. Check this out.
Speaker 3: Minnesota Auror claimed a Central Conference championship to head to the National semifinals hosted by Salmon Bay FC in Seattle, Washington.
Speaker 4: So so check this out.
Speaker 3: So the Aurora win, right, They knocked Pittsburgh out of the playoffs again, a two to one victory in the final minute of stoppage time by Gracie Dunaway.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: The Aurora team will be playing in Seattle on Saturday, July eleventh. Could the World Cup still be happening in Seattle at that time or have they moved on from Seattle Lefl.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Talk about a great time to be going to Seattle to play soccer. I mean, not that there's ever a bad time, but I wonder if they play in the big stadium.
Speaker 4: I don't know. We'll find out more.
Speaker 3: I should know because I'm an owner, you see, Julia, I'm an owner of the Minnesota Aurora.
Speaker 6: On Saturday are at hard Rock Stadium in Miami, and then we're the Kansas City Chiefs play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so no, so they're done with Seattle.
Speaker 1: Then this week and then I.
Speaker 2: Don't know where's the last game in New York to be life, Yeah, pretty sure or New York New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Stadium as you call it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, congratulations again to the Minnesotaura who just continue to dominate.
Speaker 7: Good for you guys, nice job, get a championship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's time. It's time, it is time, it is it is time for us to break as well. What really matters when we come back. This is the Paltry More show that was sports with us. A nice job, thanks man, I appreciate great to thank you. Be right back to Okay, here we are.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's my guy Don. Yeah, it's your guy, Don. I love it to go golfing.
Speaker 1: He loves you too. Don's the best.
Speaker 4: He told me on Friday about how much money you guys had golfing, and I asked one of the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or you on drugs. I don't think anyone's ever said fun to play go.
Speaker 4: No, I know, I thought he was. I thought he was joking. I laughed, had a good laugh. Dude, you're high strung. I knowed Jill Helen.
Speaker 1: You're an agitator.
Speaker 4: You are a known agitator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm working on it.
Speaker 3: Be careful over there, Julia Daniels of Carolevin. He's a known agitator and he's high strung.
Speaker 7: I'll have my guard up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 6: How about this, Vladimir Guerrero is the All Star starter for the first bait for for the American League at the All Star Game a week from tomorrow. He's declining to go. Wow, he's not going, so either. I didn't look further into it, but I saw that he's not, so I would assume it's either health related, he wants the break, or he's tired of the All Star Game.
Speaker 1: But this is is If it's just him saying I don't want to be in the All Star Game, this is not a good sign for.
Speaker 6: Baseball because like these guys, like back when the NBA All Star Game break was like two days, and then Lebron was like, well, wait a minute, we should get a break too, which they.
Speaker 1: Should, and then they take like a week off.
Speaker 6: A lot of these guys are probably like, well, if I go to the All Star Game, I'm gonna be there Monday Tuesday and then some of us play again on Thursday. If he is just saying I don't want to play in it, this is not a good thing for baseball. He's probably he's one of the best players in the game.
Speaker 1: And he's like, I'm good, I don't want to play.
Speaker 7: Been dealing with discomfort in his back.
Speaker 1: Well there's that, which is I think all Star games.
Speaker 7: Are going to be dying out sooner rather than I.
Speaker 1: Love the football one. Yeah yeah, we love it. Yeah we better we.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: When it was a game, oh yeah, yeah yeah, I called the number brother, yeah right. But what really matters, howgs Daddy is this?
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, May I introduce to you the great American Evil Kadi, who was not a great American. But when I think of July fourth and two hundred and fifty years on this planet for our country, I think of the lack of celebration around evil made me sad. So I'm bringing you some information about evil can evil. Julia Daniels, how familiar are you with the Evil Knivel?
Speaker 7: I mean, I've heard the name.
Speaker 4: Do you know what he did?
Speaker 7: Daredevil?
Speaker 4: Yeah? He was a daredevil?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he somebody would would dare him, and like the devil, he would take their dare.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 3: He'd lived from nineteen thirty eight till two thousand and seven. Wow, he was a known bastard.
Speaker 4: Old age and lots of injuries. Yeah, no, I think he might have had he might have had the cancer. I'm not sure. I can't remember.
Speaker 3: But he did die from unnatural causes because he is widely known to have had four hundred and thirty bone fractures in his career. I'm gonna say again, four hundred and thirty. He is the Guinness World record holder of the most broken bones in a lifetime.
Speaker 4: Evil and Evil.
Speaker 3: Famous for his star spangled jumpsuits and Harley Davidson motorcycles, he completed over seventy five ramp to ramp jumps, turning spectacular crashes and death defined feats into a multi million dollar entertainment empire, which he lost due to his drinks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and spend lots of time in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he didn't have good insurance.
Speaker 3: He was actually a very good that's funny you say that he was a very good insurance salesman. In fact, when he did the Caesars jump, he put life insurance on himself and collected.
Speaker 4: Wow, yes he did what Yeah, he did? Absolutely true.
Speaker 3: It was New Year's Eve, nineteen sixty seven. I was not even a glimmer in Daddy and Mommy's eye. Eva Knievel attempted to jump the fountains at Caesar's Palace on a triumph Bonnyville T one.
Speaker 4: It was one hundred and forty one foot leap, which ended in a catastrophic crash when he clipped the safety ramp. Rosie was there and filed that reportant he suffered. He crushed pelvis, ow a concussion and multiple broken bones, spent twenty nine days in a coma. Now here's the thing about that last part. That's not true.
Speaker 1: He was awake.
Speaker 3: In fact, I've seen footage just as early as this morning of him being wheeled into the hospital with his eyes open. He was awake, He was in a lot of pain, wasn't feeling great. But he said, you know what is not a good story me not making the jump. You know what is a good story, me being dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So he spread the rumor and had his people spread the rumor that he'd actually died. People were sure that he was dead, and then he spread the rumor that he was in a coma for twenty nine days. He was a storyteller and it worked. Yeah, it did not air live on Wildwood Why Wild World of Sports, Wide World of Sports, whichever one it was. Yeah, yeah, but that was the show everybody watched for sports back then, and once they bought the footage of it, it went as viral as something could go in nineteen sixty seven, and that's when Evil Knieval became a star. More on Evil Knievel after this sports story.
Speaker 6: Let's see here Byron Buxton will be an All Star starter for the first time in his career and it will be his third overall appearance, and Joe Ryan will also beyond the All Star team the All Star Game this week from tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yep, here's Joe Ryan.
Speaker 1: Yes, it sounds exciting.
Speaker 4: Here's Viral Buxton.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, they love it. They love it, they love it.
Speaker 1: What really matters is this.
Speaker 4: You're so right, and I'm so glad you got right back to me because you're excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love this stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now here's the thing I'm going to play you now some audio from the documentary on Evil Canevl.
Speaker 4: I think it's called being Evil.
Speaker 3: I'm going to stop it halfway through because I want to describe one clear point that I find the most fascinating about Evil Knievel in his career.
Speaker 11: Here we go anywhere there was an open site New Year's Eve, New Years nineteen sixty seven, Good and can Evel's jump was the big draw in town.
Speaker 1: JASONO.
Speaker 11: Junior was the son of the Caesar's owner and witnessed the jump firsthand.
Speaker 10: What struck me most about the oddity of that day was seeing this unbelievable crowd, this huge number of people standing anywhere there was an open place to stand.
Speaker 11: Thousands did verged on Caesars to watch the jump, the likes of which had never been attempted before. For Knieval, this was the jump he believed would make him a superstar, a phenomenal leap over one hundred and forty feet, his longest jump yet.
Speaker 9: Evil Canieval, even at that point, had never figured out like the physics of the whole thing that you know, how fast exactly had to be going to go, how high and the angle?
Speaker 4: He did it all by the sheet of his pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the dark star of stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, now listen, the reason I stopped it there.
Speaker 3: And the reason this is the entire reason I'm talking about all this, because this is the most fascinating thing for me.
Speaker 1: He just guessed he's winging it, right, He really is. No, nothing's crazy.
Speaker 3: So for the nineteen sixty seven Caesars Palace Jump, Evil used a standard factory suspension on his Triumph Bodyville T one, which again I will tell you, is not a dirt bike. That is a street bike. That is the kind of bike you would ride to work. John Bush, Right, it's heavy and the suspension there's no suspension, right. The motorcycle featured these stock cutting edge components of his sign, which heavily contributed to the crash. Stock travel, the front telescopic forks and dual rear shock absorbers provided a mere three to four inches of suspension no adjustability. The suspension completely lacked a modern compression and rebound damping adjustments to control the impact. Because it was a heavy, street legal cruiser rather than a lightweight dirt bike. The suspension instantly bottomed out upon hitting the safety ramp, and that caused Kanneval to lose control.
Speaker 4: But that's not all. Come on, let's talk about the ramps. Themselves.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, Julia Evil Kanevl was no brain surgeon. What in fact, he nearly needed a brain surgeon. The ramp trajectory was fundamentally flawed, making a successful landing nearly impossible under the conditions Canievl himself had set up. While a motorcycle can theoretically clear one hundred and forty one feet, Kniebel designed the ramps entirely by guesswork, without consulting physicists or engineers. The specific trajectory errors doomed the jump. Here are some of those doomed trajectory errors. Too steep of a launching come on. The takeoff ramp was angled too high, and that sent Caniebel into a high looping trajectory rather than a long progressive arc, a severe speed loss. The steep incline of the takeoff ramp forced the heavy three and eighty pound Triumph motorcycle to fight extreme gravity upon a scent. In fact, Evil said he felt himself slow down as he got to the top of the ramp.
Speaker 6: And he probably surrounded himself with yes men, and no one said let's look into this.
Speaker 4: I don't think he had any men around.
Speaker 1: It was just him and a guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is so funny that, like any of the stunts, could have been prevented if you just asked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, stop for a moment, and let's think this through one math guy.
Speaker 3: So the bike dropped to below the eighty eighty to ninety mile per hour target, the dead zone APEX. Because the trajectory was too vertical, the bike lost forward momentum. At the peak of the jump, it began descending almost straight down rather than carrying clean forward momentum over the fountain. Nice the landing ramp was not sloped or positioned correctly to match the steep angle of the descent come on. Instead of gliding flush onto a downward slope, the front wheel directly smashed into the safety deck. Ultimately, Canevel did clear the horizontal I should say clear the fountains. He did, but the broken trajectory of the landing ramp caused the landing to have destructive downward force, and that's why he crashed. So neither of the takeoff ramp, the landing ramp, nor the motorcycle made it possible for him to do what he did.
Speaker 4: That's why he nearly died. Thus that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna tell you guys right now, if you have not seen it, and it doesn't sound like you have, Julia, look at the Evil Knevil Caesar's Palace crash on YouTube right now and watch his body as soon as he as soon as the motorcycle makes contact with the landing ramp. It looks like there legitimately was a crash test dummy, not a human on there. That's how quickly his bones collapse.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: You gotta see it.
Speaker 4: It's truly unbelievable to see, and it's terrible to see in real time. But they love slowan it to you and show they love it.
Speaker 3: So during the break, we'll be showing that to young Julia Daniels to see her thoughts on whether or not Evil and Evil was in fact evil.
Speaker 4: We continues right after this pot To Morning Show the Fday.
Speaker 9: America Fat.
Speaker 1: From the one eight hundred ass.
Speaker 4: All right, we're right back pouch on the Monday Morning Live all week long being Detroit Lakes this Friday morning for all you who like to make your yearly pilgrimage to see us there from all points up there, Fargo and Detroit lakes itself and all around. It will be there Friday morning playing the initials.
Speaker 1: So come on buy and say hi'll be great. It's always funny.
Speaker 4: No Corey till them this week. And I don't know when Zach's back, but in with us today JD, Julia Daniels, Maxo's over there, Devon's back. They're running the computers. Hi, Devon, good to have you. Thank you for being here with us. We appreciate it, of course, and we're in the middle of what really matters. Which has a sponsor?
Speaker 1: Do you know it is? Is it Ovo?
Speaker 4: I believe that is correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ovo lens Ovo.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yes, is the best.
Speaker 1: Corey loves it. We all love it. We love it, yep Ovo. I think it's Ovo dot com Ovo. Youah bad eyes, get them fixed at Ovo.
Speaker 6: Today, hawk is the first day any of these free agent signings and trades can become official.
Speaker 1: Today at eleven oh one in the NBA. I know you're waiting for it, okay.
Speaker 6: Because there's all kinds of extra things going on with the Lamello ball trade.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it will be official today.
Speaker 6: The LaMelo ballpart is done, but all the other three four or five team trade around.
Speaker 1: It isn't official yet, so we might not find.
Speaker 2: Out at eleven oh one that LaMelo Ball is officially a Minnesota Timberwolve.
Speaker 3: Have we officially gotten Julia daniels reaction to LaMelo coming to the Wolf?
Speaker 8: Yeah it was when oh yeah, you guys you were here, Yeah right, yeah, yeah, very exciting.
Speaker 4: And you've changed your mind now yes, yeah you hate it.
Speaker 7: No, he's a liar.
Speaker 1: It'll be great.
Speaker 7: Ye, it's going to be so fun. My job is going to be so much more fun because it's hard for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna have to have someone on the blue button when you're doing the postgame.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, this year we stopped taking the postgame pressers when Aunt was up there because it's just like we're like, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like when you hear a Lil Wayne song on the radio, you only get one.
Speaker 7: What FCC violation after ten pm? Swear word and once that's gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, that's right, Yep, that's right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all those will become official to day at eleven oh one. But it really matters is this.
Speaker 3: Evil el I'm going to guess you guys are hungry for more evil can eevil facts?
Speaker 4: Am I right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, I love it. You're one hundred percent correct. That looks like somebody put a Mannikin on a motorcycle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I swim nuts, Julia, you saw it for your first time ever?
Speaker 7: Was Yeah, it does look like a test dummy.
Speaker 4: It does, doesn't it.
Speaker 7: It's sad it is.
Speaker 12: It does.
Speaker 4: You're watching a man's bones break.
Speaker 7: You're watching a man's skull crack on the car.
Speaker 4: I can't believe he loved He wasn't wearing any pads.
Speaker 7: He also nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the only we just talked about. Like the science wasn't there, the technology wasn't there. The only reason he lived was because he was him.
Speaker 8: Basically, all those people out there to watch and nobody said a thing.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's you know, he was evil.
Speaker 8: That's why they say like billionaires sometimes have the worst style because no one's going to tell a billionaire what to wear.
Speaker 9: True.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: By the way, Evil Knievel got his name when he was in jail.
Speaker 1: What that's right?
Speaker 4: That this prisure Probably he was in jail for a petty crime.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: His name was.
Speaker 4: Robert Knievel, that's his real name.
Speaker 3: He was in a cell with a guy named William Kanoffel, and the guards gave that gentleman Awful Kanoffil is a nickname, and then they started they started it's.
Speaker 1: A true story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they started calling Robert Cavel Evil and he later changed it from E V I L to e V E L because he didn't want seem completely.
Speaker 4: Bad, you know. So that's how Evil Canievel was born.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, right, It's crazy. It's a crazy world and so funny situation.
Speaker 3: And I just another real quick one before I let you get a sport and then I'll give you a couple more things that are fascinating.
Speaker 4: Do you have any idea?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: I think you might know this Max because it was in the documentary who gave the eulogy at Evil can Eevel's funeral. I could give you a million guesses. I don't know that you'd get there. You might, though, just because this person is a kind of a whack doodle as well in a good way, though, I think any other hints, I believe he's well, he's he's from the South.
Speaker 4: He's an actor.
Speaker 3: Uh, he has had an interesting life because uh he kind of got his big break in a lucky way as well.
Speaker 4: Outlandish. But he's a great actor, one of our greats, and.
Speaker 2: He is in Uh, he's in quite a few commercials these days too.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, big time actor.
Speaker 3: Big time actor, one of our favorites on the show. I'll just tell you, Matthew McConaughey. Matthew McConaughey gave him, gave his eulogy at his funeral.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, he was a pal of his.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so close in fact that McConaughey did give the at the funeral. He said, he's forever in flight. He doesn't have to come back down, he doesn't have to land.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: It doesn't say why. I just know they were buddies. But I can see I can see those two being buddies. I can see, Uh, I can see Matthew McConaughey playing him in a movie.
Speaker 7: Is Matthew McConaughey a whack doodle?
Speaker 4: He's kind of adoodle? You have you listened to his book or read his book?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: I have.
Speaker 4: I I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: But uh, uh, he is on a He seems to have gone on a trip and hasn't returned. He's but I don't say that negatively because he seems that he seems to have he seems to have a much better handle on life than I'll do.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He sound like one of those perma trips when someone takes yeah, comes back yeah in a good way.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you an improper story that I learned?
Speaker 3: Sure, And I'm sorry to say this to you as a lady, but that you did volunteer coming to the Partsup Morning Show.
Speaker 4: So that's on you, awful. This is a true story as told by Matthew mcconniey, and this is the truth. What I'm about to tell you is the truth.
Speaker 3: His father and mother were getting it on when his father passed away of a heart attack. And when the e mts came to collect Matthew McConaughey's father, as they were wheeling him out under the sheet, he was naked, and the mother of Matthew mcconnaey demanded they removed the sheet so that everyone could see her husband's man because she wanted people to know how big of a man her husband was. That is a true story as told man Matthew McConaughey in his book. And you know what he won that argument even dead. Every neighbor.
Speaker 1: Literally, let me see that thing one more time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, everybody saluting. I mean, I gotta see that thing one more time.
Speaker 7: And she wanted everybody.
Speaker 4: She wanted all of her neighbors to know. And probably some of the news didn't know you.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, they heard it all wow on the driveway. Yes, saluting with a tear in their Ye that's how.
Speaker 4: Extreme, making me embarrassing?
Speaker 1: Yea, let's what sports?
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: Norway beat Brazil to one to advance to the World Cup semi the quarterfinal. The five time World Cup winners Brazil are eliminated and they are out there. They are the most successful team in the competition's history. Enough have to wait another four years to see if they can win one.
Speaker 2: And then after Neymar announced he is out for international soccer.
Speaker 6: He's retiring from international soccer. So all of that happened after Norway beat Brazil and the one guy with the really cool hair scored.
Speaker 1: Two Goalsling Holland that guy's at he's a cyborg. He looks like Viking. He looks hilarious.
Speaker 2: He's a really funny dude. He looks like he'd be super serious, but he's he's a character. Who does he play for. I think he plays for Man's City in the Premier He's like one of the best goal scorers in the world right now.
Speaker 1: Huge, He's unstoppable and inevitable.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's crazy and brazila this is I think they said this is their worst finish since nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's their standard.
Speaker 2: Man, it's World Cup or bust every single time. Because that they don't They don't mess around about soccer down there. Man, Yep, everything with soccer all the time. Even when they play volleyball, it's soccer rules.
Speaker 1: Oh is it really yeah? Like watching it at the beach, it was nutstock.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: They don't play like people would really like.
Speaker 2: I saw best friends ready to murder each other over casual volleyball. They they don't play about their sports at all down there.
Speaker 1: Oh it really matters? Is this all right?
Speaker 3: Last two and then I'll be done with Evil Knival for the day. I love it, but I just think a great American needs to be recognized. His first jump was because he had a buddy whose used car dealership was failing, and he wanted to help the guy raise some attention for the dealership. So he fetched, mmm, two mountain lions and a bunch of rattlesnakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a guy.
Speaker 4: He lined him up and.
Speaker 3: He said, I'm gonna jump these sons of bitches on my motorcycle. Now, being that he was evil and evil, he made it over. The lions didn't make it over. Come on, landed in the cage with the snakes. No word on if he got bit I'm sure that he did. I don't know for sure, or maybe they respected him or were so surprised that they just declined to bite him.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on, Evil.
Speaker 1: Well and his friend, his friend was like, yeah, my business is failing. Like I got a great.
Speaker 7: Two mountain lions and a box of snakes.
Speaker 9: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I was born looking for money.
Speaker 4: But you're you're a whack dud ole brother. I appreciate the thought.
Speaker 3: But the second most famous jump for our guy, Evil CANEVL I'll end on this Evil CANEVA. By the way, at the time, at the end of I keep saying it wrong wide world of sports. He held five of the most watched events in the history of that television show Evil did, one of them being the Snake River Canyon jump. Now the government disallowed him from jumping the Grand Canyon because he was.
Speaker 4: Going to do it on a rocket.
Speaker 8: That was the first search when I was searching him up. Yes, an evil canel Grand Canyon.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, so since he couldn't go to the Grand Canyon, he went to the Snake River Canyon and he attempted to fly across Idaho's Snake River Canyon in nineteen seventy four. Now, you guys will remember, technology wasn't the greatest in nineteen seventy four. They're doing fine, but Evil Knievel wasn't a rocket scientist. He used a steam powered rocket. Come on, but he called it the yeah steam power. This was like, uh, that's what they used in Back to the Future three Yeah, harass all right, right steam Evil, come on? He called it the skycycle X two. Had no wheels on it. What the cycle? Here's the problem. The steam powered rocket took off and immediately the parachute deployed, so he just floated casually of the canyon and that was the end of the Snake River Canyon flight, which he did not make the jump because again I'm sure he didn't ask anybody how to pack a parachute. People and the parachute came out immediately, but he was a television ratings juggernaut, and he did have one of the greatest selling toys of all time. His wind up stunt cycles and action figures remain highly saw it after collector items to this day. I had one secondhand we got at a garage sale. It was the greatest thing ever. You'd put the motorcycle with Evil Canevel on it onto this, uh, this pedestal. You'd wind it up and hit the button. It would take off and you could jump things. It never created it never ever landed any of the jumps, but the idea that you had the possibility, it was just like evil people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right.
Speaker 1: There you go, Evil.
Speaker 4: Canevel, ladies and gentlemen, the great American. Now you know about isn't that what.
Speaker 1: Canu Reeves character is in toy story? Isn't that? That's right?
Speaker 4: I forgot about that or something, Johnny kaboom, that's a great point. I didn't think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about of Evil canievl.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's a real toy. He might just be a dude on Twitch.
Speaker 2: If it happened in twenty twenty six, we were just talking about that, like we might not even know there's people. Those those Russian dudes go up on buildings and do backflips all the time.
Speaker 1: And true, we don't even know. Yeah, there's a picture Duke Caboob. Yeah, that's a great name.
Speaker 3: You want to see something terrifying, look at the and you can find it pretty easily. The X ray of Evil Knievel's spine and the rods and screws that moved from his body. Actually terrible, it's terrible. It's just terrible. No wonder he was pissed at the end of his life.
Speaker 4: Oh he's evil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 4: Joya Daniels, he had no idea. I had no idea today. That's that's what what really matters is all about. I tell you things that matter.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: You're very welcome. Thank you for being here, and stick around please. We got lots of show left. Two hours of the Patrick Morns Show. Well, return with the news right for this on the.
Speaker 7: Fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Low's Good Morning.
Speaker 7: We have no accidents and no delays.