Speaker 1: I want to be at the next big game or concert or giving away tickets to the Outlaw Music Festival, Jack White, Guns and Roses, Chris Stapleton, plenty more. Entering out Cafe dot Com, heword contests.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 3: This microphone, it's a disaster. Oh oh no this he keeps drooping down into my chest, trying to motor boat me all the time. Tax I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It needs some blue shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's rare Payperbye, Patrick morrishow here we are. That's Parker Fox there, John Crease. I guys. Hello, We're gonna do some news. You guys good for that.
Speaker 1: Sure, This is Cafe in News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints say well, Saints.
Speaker 3: On the road for a while, They'll be back. Don't forget Saints Baseball dot com for your tickets. Saints Baseball dot Com. Great events happening at c h Field, Not just the baseball games, by the way, all kinds of things happening at CHS Field. So thanks. Sure you go to Saints Baseball dot com for all the information.
Speaker 2: Great spot. We love them, Yeah, I love them.
Speaker 3: Parker function is the last time you were at cchs Field. Be honest, I knew it.
Speaker 2: It's been too long.
Speaker 3: I know it.
Speaker 2: It's been too long.
Speaker 4: I think our high school actually played Section finals there for baseball, so that might have been the last time. But I'm going to re up my visit this year. I'm gonna go to hs Field and I'll watch this Saints. I'd love to a great place to join you.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: I'd love to join you, ladies and gentlemen. I have not only a story for you, but discussion dabby for you as well. Listen to this.
Speaker 2: Story right here now to the severe turbulence injuring at least ten people on a holiday flight. Our transportation correspondent, Geo Benitez has the new details and that midair video.
Speaker 5: Geo, good morning, Hey Mary, good morning. Yeah, we're getting confirmation now about this flight that reportedly injured ten people. And this was a flight that we're talking about here because of turbulence that we saw all of this.
Speaker 2: So we had that video you mentioned.
Speaker 5: Let's take a look right now because it was taken by a passenger on that flight. It was a Cathay Pacific flight. You can see food and drinks all over the floor, the passenger said some of it even ended up flying to the roof of that plane. Passengers on board told us that the flight was smooth up until breakfast was being served and that's when it happened. That's when the turbulence hit and the plane felt like it just dropped. Now, it all happened Friday on that Cathay Pacific flight.
Speaker 3: From Brisbane to Hong Kong.
Speaker 5: The airline telling ABC News overnight that medical personnel boarded that plane as soon as they landed. They provided them with care and assistance, but that they're.
Speaker 2: Still investigating this.
Speaker 5: But this really shows how important it is to keep that seat belt on even if things feel smooth, because obviously even the crew thought that it was safe to serve that breakfast and that's when it happened, and that's.
Speaker 2: When the turbulence hit.
Speaker 5: So keep that seat belt on even if it's all smooth sailing.
Speaker 6: I was distracted because he sounds like Steve Carrell. He did a little bit in a minute you started talking or was like, wait, that's.
Speaker 3: A great point. Here's my discussion topic for you guys. If by some weird thing you were told by the universe a representative of the Lord, Sir Corey and John and or Parker and or Zacho and or meet us Paul Lumbert. Here's the thing. At some point in the rest of your life, when you're on a plane, you're gonna hit severe turbulence to the point where it's gonna you're gonna think you're gonna die for about thirty five forty seconds, but you're gonna live. Would it keep you from flying again?
Speaker 2: No? No, no. If you just if you already just said the disclaimer is that you're going to live through it, it would just you know, I'd be sweating bullets.
Speaker 3: But every time you got on a plane, you'd be wondering if this is the day. Yes, every second of every flight, But if.
Speaker 2: You knew you were surviving, and it would just be like, well, this is just going to be a really scary roller coaster for forty seconds. Yeah. And I would be more because I'm a freak. I'd be more afraid that somebody's food was going to spill all over me and that I was going to be grossed out. Yeah, you don't want kish no in your lap.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I did say you were going to live. I didn't say you weren't going to be hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then I'm for sure. I like a little turbulence. Are you not alive? Yeah? It makes you feel alive. Yeah, I agree a little bit.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about who?
Speaker 2: Turbulence is? Actually my kink? Yeah? And don't mind what is.
Speaker 3: Wrong with.
Speaker 2: That? Man?
Speaker 3: Hard?
Speaker 2: Do you guys ever not? Do you guys in the middle Sea? Let's go on here? Do you guys ever not have your seatbelt on? Mine's always always, I would not be.
Speaker 4: Always always unbuckle mine the moment, I kind of always unbuckle. I don't know why, because it's like not a big deal, but I always unbuckle.
Speaker 6: They're extremely tall, so you probably have to to sit a different way that you can think.
Speaker 2: So I think I've told you guys about this.
Speaker 4: When I fly, I always take an aisle seat, and then when I do is instead of sitting like forward, I just go this way, which you can't see on the radio, But I can kick my knees into the aisle and I sit like forward because then I can at least fit my knees into the seat.
Speaker 3: For people to know, Parker is what six yeah.
Speaker 2: Six eight six seven? Who knows?
Speaker 4: But I can't sit normal way because then my knees are pressed on the back of the seat, and after four knee surgeries, there's some some tenderness there.
Speaker 3: Uh, can you number two on a plane?
Speaker 4: I don't think I mean recent memory? In recent memory, I haven't. I'm sure I did when I was little, but yeah, I just I wouldn't do that remember the time.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm obviously not hockey.
Speaker 6: This is your thing, stift in the air or do you know the story?
Speaker 2: I do not know. Okay, fantast this is what I'm glad you brought it up. John. Do you know who Cheryl Crow is? I mean, like I don't. Yeah, I know you named Cheryl Crow. Okay, you don't need to know her songs. But she was obviously a huge deal in the nineties. She's still, you know, like a big deal some songs. Yeah, but you know dated? Was she married to Lance Armstrong? You're dating with Lance Armstrong for a long long time, like Lance Armstrong too, you know, like Tour de France Land Lance Armstrong. We had one ball anyway, so long ago was this Chris? Was this like ten years ago?
Speaker 3: I was in rocket clubs, so it was maybe more than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, tift years, let's say somewhere in that range. Park Yeah, Chris, the floor is yours.
Speaker 3: So we are leaving Nashville surgery and I to fly back to Minneapolis after doing some recording. And it's a small plane, even though you know you're you're coming from a big city to Minneapolis. And we get on the plane and as we're getting on, right there in first class, there's Cheryl Crow there. She is she is, that's her.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It's pretty pretty neatrett neat. And I'm at the in the midst of trying to become a music star, country music star. So I'm like, well, that's really neat. Right, she's come back, I wonder. So we got back and we said, and uh, a small plane, right yeah. So I I go into the restroom right away, right mid flight, and h let's just say, when I'm exiting the bathroom.
Speaker 2: And this was not a regular you were stacking mud.
Speaker 3: My god, that's an eloquent.
Speaker 2: Way to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a disaster.
Speaker 2: That's the key, Parker. It's it wasn't you know it was. That's that's my best work, this is this is my worst one. Yeah, it was. They weren't sinkers.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no, no, there was no I could yeah, solid actss screen door sire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a story. He had the green Apple splatters.
Speaker 3: And it was It was one of those things where I ate something like and it didn't agree with me right away.
Speaker 2: Oh it's just bamah.
Speaker 3: I probably had yeagermeister the night before.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, weird. It was all yeagg coming out.
Speaker 3: As I am exiting the door, thinking, man, I am sorry. Whoever has to enter this bathroom ever, and not just after on this flight, like forever, forever, I've destroyed this thing. Didn't have to put this thing out of business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, business retires that.
Speaker 3: I opened the door and standing there waiting on me to exit, Ryl Crow, did you stop her? I did not know what to say. Oh no, I did not know what to say.
Speaker 2: Oh it gets better. This story is not over.
Speaker 3: I did not know what to say, so I just calmly moved around her and kept walking. I'd been in there so long that there was no doubting that was me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean? Yeah, Yeah, you didn't go in there to pee? That was your chance.
Speaker 6: My old man's staying in that situation was always the he'ld say, I've been feeling kind of sick.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to tell her that. I had to tell anybody in the row A.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all the first class knew. So Chryl Crow goes in Parker after Chris, she goes in. I couldn't do it. Yeah, well listen, not over yet.
Speaker 3: I go back to my seat and I'm just horrified. And uh, plane lands Minneapolis St. Paul. I get off the plane. You know where there's a the side of the airport where there's a tram you get on and you ride down to the to get your bags. Yeah, we got up the planet and uh, and she's in front of us, and I'm trying to be a country music star, so it would be cool if I got a picture of chow grow. I couldn't help myself, so I walked up to her and I go, hey, big fan, could I get a picture with you? And she says yes, and somebody out there will tweet the picture because.
Speaker 2: It's and then she said metal music.
Speaker 3: Look on her face is this man has a problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like I'm annoyed because I just want to be left alone. It's it's this is the guy that ruined the bathroom. His stink is all over the entire plane. I don't want to be anywhere near him for a picture. He'd be stacking mud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm stacking.
Speaker 2: Mud this picture.
Speaker 3: Are you seeing the picture? Sarah Jane took the picture. Sara Jane took the picture of my manager.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess if you focus in, Cheryl's already got pink guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Parker. For those people that are listening and can't see the photo that you're currently looking at, give me the level of excitement on her face zero to ten, around a one point three. She does not look thrilled to be taking that picture. That's a good fake smile. She's doing the lean away too, like.
Speaker 4: It's very slight, but it's it's enough where like this guy, this guy smells I know what he did to that bathroom.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna there are a lot of things that I've done in my life that I am not proud of. The fact that I asked her for a picture is real high on the list of things. I'm not a proud proud.
Speaker 2: That is a good but my dad's proud of.
Speaker 3: You, you know. It's okay.
Speaker 2: Then think how often she tells that story in reverse. Right, this guy ruins the bathroom and then had the guts or the balls to ask me for a photo. Correct. I can't believe she went in there. I wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, maybe she was throwing mud too.
Speaker 2: But here's the greatest story. Here's the greatest potential part of the story. So Chris ruins the bathroom, Cheryl Crow goes in. Let's say some dude is waiting for the bathroom and Cheryl Crow walks out there. That tells the story that like, and I was on a plane with Cheryl Crow and she destroyed the bathroom destroyed. That's his ads dream. So now every time he sees Cheryl Crow on TV, it's like, grossest ass I've ever smoked in my life. Yeah right, just a disaster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why you gotta walk out of there and be like it was the guy before me.
Speaker 2: I promise it. It's not like this. When I got in there, starstruck, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh I got a sugar.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I gotta think that's what Cheryl Crow got off that flight. And she goes this is why we need separate bathrooms, but not that a woman can't destroy one. But she's like, why do I have to follow that pain?
Speaker 3: No, I know you're right.
Speaker 4: Or don't let the guys in economy come out to the first class bath.
Speaker 2: Stay back.
Speaker 6: The bravery of number two on a plane is you know there is going to be someone waiting outside of waiting and it's not I mean a lot of times it is in the lord's hands.
Speaker 2: You have no plans either your pants, The lord better.
Speaker 3: Wash his hands. Yeah, I'm taking them on a plane.
Speaker 6: But that's why today's show has been so fun. We've got to go over timpular and then the sheriff throwing favorite bits.
Speaker 2: Yeah bits. You kind of look like big Foot in this picture.
Speaker 3: Thank you, beautiful horror you do.
Speaker 2: You look very horny too, and you look like you are.
Speaker 3: Relieved and I don't feel sick anymore.
Speaker 2: And those headphones. Yeah. Our friend, our friend Sam just texted me and uh and pointed out something that we I don't think we've ever fully flushed out.
Speaker 3: How do we How do.
Speaker 2: We get her on the show and ask her if she remembers this.
Speaker 6: Start.
Speaker 2: We have to get Sheryl Crow at some point on the show and ask her about her career. She's got a million things we can ask her about. But then just go all right, this is awkward, but do you remember yeah this moment, all you have to do is just show shore Hawk's face might not be enough, right, because she's she's met a thousand people, she's been on a billion flights for Chris and Sanity. What if she's like, I have no memory of any of this.
Speaker 3: Well, she walks in and looks at me and then starts crying.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. If she says, turns her around and yeah, I remember that. This is the last time I've been on an airplane. That was her Vietnam. I only can't do it. I can't do it. Yeah, the only one that I.
Speaker 3: Controlled it from. That's when I realized my career was open. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just think what in honor that would be? Though?
Speaker 6: All the interesting, crazy memories that she has and that sticks out to her. Yep, she's like, I still have the film on my teeth.
Speaker 1: They say, they say, like your nose and your memory are really connected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point. I mean, do you think every time she smells Look, we've we've done it multiple and it's gone nowhere. But let's try again. If anybody out there is listening has any connection to Cheryl Crow knows somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody that knows Cheryl Crow, just say that we would like her on the Power to a morning show to ask her about her career. That'd be fun and dot dot yeah, and Kevin ask her if she remembers this mister mud guts.
Speaker 3: I wonder if if Betts knows when this picture was posted.
Speaker 2: You'll figure it out. He's good with that, He's smart that poor lady. Yeah, that's all time man's.
Speaker 3: Dynamite. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And she and she wants nothing.
Speaker 2: To do with Parker. Her major first hit was a song called all I Want to Do. It's all I want to do is have some fun. She did not have any fun on that flight, and that's all she wants to do is have fun. She likes buzz early in the morning.
Speaker 3: I did, Yeah, Yeah, she had a buzz all right.
Speaker 7: Erster dumps the worst And first I'm crying because jigger mister makes me cry, and then I'm just tar just all.
Speaker 2: Over the dumps.
Speaker 1: Is it burns just as much going on as it does going and it burns people's eyes.
Speaker 2: What if that flight had inspired an entire album like Taylor Swift's Breakups, right, Like what if she wrote some beautiful, award winning album that was called like Nightmare Flight or something like that Stack and Mutt covers record.
Speaker 3: There was all like brown eyed girls, girls, Cheryl, I love you. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: That's such a great story.
Speaker 3: It's a true story.
Speaker 2: The chances what are their?
Speaker 3: You're right, though, I mean, that is the thing I also think about is I opened the door and she was standing there, Cheryl Crowl a huge star, huge right.
Speaker 2: What a nightmare for you?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 4: Was it ever in the back of your mind that like she could you knew she was on the flight she could go into the bathroom after me and after what I did.
Speaker 2: This could not be good.
Speaker 3: That was that had to come out. There was nothing I could do.
Speaker 2: That was inevitable.
Speaker 3: It was like, I don't know which hole is coming out of.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you are brave or a psychopath asking her for a photo. It was one of the two.
Speaker 3: Dude, I was. I was so fixed on making it in the country because it was really a chance. At that point, you guys, remember what it was like.
Speaker 2: To react them.
Speaker 3: We were real close, and I was like, man, I need a picture with her.
Speaker 2: What if that's what did it? Yeah, this is this kept us. It's a curby your enthusiasm or Seinfeld's moment right like she was. She was at the record label when they were like, I think Rocket Club should be signed, and they threw up a photo of the whole band, and she was not that guy. He's not working at this record label. My eyes ever stopped hit exactly. It was October eighth of twenty thirteen. It feels about right, wow, according to what part it sounds about thirteen.
Speaker 3: She'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: No, she quit the music business October eighth of thirteen. Yeah, she started therapy October ninth of thirteenth. So that does check out. All right, Chris, you gotta go, I gotta go. I love you guys.
Speaker 6: Go to my website, John Crease of dot com. But the first speech got plenty of dates open this year, but we're starting a book for next year. I will see you guys in probably a month though.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I got a work trip and then a surgery, so we will get squared away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's gonna be fine, okay, for sure, I love you.
Speaker 3: I'll see you tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: I'll keep you guys posted. No deal, all right, sauswiss Sports and a second more with Parker Fox and the rest of the Power JE Morning Show after it is on the.
Speaker 3: Fan Jefferson Lions is your number one bus experience. My name is Chris Hockey and I can vouch for that with daily skipping. Okay, here we go, ladies and gentlemen, we're back. It's the Powers of Morning Show. I've never said these words ever. I would love to have been at this soccer game.
Speaker 2: Hang on, what now? What are you? What soccer? Are you alright? Are you under durest?
Speaker 3: Some people at a Is that the wrong I'm under durest?
Speaker 2: Is that the wrong word?
Speaker 3: Was hoping?
Speaker 2: I wish you were under durest of the dirt in the was the right term? Duress? T Are you under duress?
Speaker 3: Would you like to see?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is that how you said? The absolutely?
Speaker 3: By the way, I love soccer.
Speaker 2: But listen, so car from the Jungle books, you are under dressed.
Speaker 3: The the fans at this English soccer game found some keys. So they did this, and then of course as I did that, they found.
Speaker 2: Him and.
Speaker 3: That, come on, it hasn't been a goal scorer yet, so they got to do something. Kidding everybody kidding that has.
Speaker 2: A board out of their mind, so they got a chant in the crowd.
Speaker 3: No, Andy's wasted and he's again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bucket, that's pretty good, brilliant good.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I text with Andy and we have whole conversations in which I'm not sure he is sober, and he never never answers my question that I started asking.
Speaker 2: That checks out. I love him, I've got Swiss Bank money though, he's Are we going to see him again?
Speaker 3: Well, he's flying in for the World Cup, but that is in Boston and Boston and New York maybe, And then we agree that he's going to come stay with me in the fall for a Vikings game, so he'll be staying here with me.
Speaker 2: You got to bring him in. Excellent. He's a British.
Speaker 3: Guys, the English person of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's great. I love Andy. Got stabbed got the hell Stone.
Speaker 3: It's weird too, because he did get stabbed. I almost got stabbed. I'm just faster than him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you got stabbed out of Perkins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he stabbed Casino. Yeah, which Yeah, that's what I'm saying so much. Yeah, I remember the same height.
Speaker 2: I remember when you almost got stabbed at the Perkins and the police had to ask the witnesses for, you know, a description of the guy who was stabbing, and Rosie was there and he's like, I can I can identify. Yeah, Rosie was at Perkins. He was he was sitting there by himself, gets breakfast at Perkins by himself.
Speaker 3: He's supporting his city.
Speaker 2: Was he also under dressed brilliant? Sorry, I don't know words, you picked the right profession. Mine's ever my hemme work so well? Far, works so well? Far? My god? Words?
Speaker 3: Are you having a medical issue?
Speaker 2: Who will Rosen sit to next?
Speaker 7: So about a half hour ago, I was out getting another cup of coffee and there was no one around, so I just started saying sorry, daddy, sorry, daddy to yourself. Yeah, over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 7: And Emily puts her head on goes, are you okay? And I'm like, oh my god, I don't know anyone was here. She's like, are you are you having a medical emergency?
Speaker 2: I go no.
Speaker 7: I just like saying sorry daddy to yourself, Yeah, to myself. Kelly is a saint.
Speaker 2: Yeah she is. I don't know how she does it. I really, I'm a pretty nice person. You are. I didn't say you weren't. I just don't know how she does it. I don't know how she does it. But dont two kids.
Speaker 3: Like she is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, making sure the two of them don't fall down the stairs.
Speaker 7: Yeah well he slides down the stairs. He's got the stairs handled.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, Yeah, well you have sports handled.
Speaker 3: You sure knew already played the thing?
Speaker 2: Tod?
Speaker 3: Did I again?
Speaker 7: You know that?
Speaker 3: Let me get to the right page. Sorry, I thought I did that. It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 7: The Oklahoma City thunder are one went away from the their second straight NBA Finals after they beat the Spurs one twenty seven one fourteen. Sga had thirty two points. He also shot sixteen to seventeen free throws. The winner of the series will battle the Knicks in the NBA Finals a week from today. Game six of the series, though, is tomorrow at seven thirty. The Spurs are three and a half point favorites. There is no basketball tonight.
Speaker 4: I thought it was always the Thunders game last night after getting blown out two nights ago. Yeah, it's going to be a good battle in San Antonio. I think San Antonio is gonna win Game six, and then it's gonna be the two best words in sports. Game seven back in Oklahoma City. So there's been some questions and it's actually up on ESPN right now, ironically enough, about the fatigue of Victor Rembgnama. He's playing more minutes than he usually does. It's something that the Timberwolves and some of their beat writers wrote about when they were playing the Spurs, and it's definitely a concern because he's a guy who plays all out. He's trying to block shots, he's trying to dunk on the other side of the ball.
Speaker 2: So I think Game.
Speaker 4: Six is going to tell you a lot about what this young San Antonio Spurs team is about.
Speaker 2: But I think they get it done.
Speaker 4: We see Game seven, and if you're New York, you're excited about that, right because that's more games for those guys.
Speaker 2: And you're more opportunities to get hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're sitting there waiting, getting ready, And I know kar Anthony Towns is ready for that opportunity, and I hope he gets a championship.
Speaker 2: Do you believe Wemby is spending two much time on the perimeter offensively.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's like one of the questions that's been asked of his game, right. But I also think that that's an advantage of his game because he can shoot the three and then you have to close out, and he's so long that that you can get right by, you know, defenders, and even if you can't get by defenders, you're putting it on.
Speaker 2: The rim and grabbing the offensive rebounds.
Speaker 4: So I think there's a level of hey, getting the post because you're so much taller than everybody. But then his game isn't post back to the basket, take a type of game. His game is faced and see the offense. Be a playmaker. So I agree with both, but maybe a little maybe a little bit more of a mixture of interior kind of presence on the offensive sid of the ball.
Speaker 2: Well said, Well said, thank you for your honesty.
Speaker 7: The Las Vegas Golden Knights swept the Avs to move on to the Stanley Cup Final.
Speaker 2: They beat them last night two to one.
Speaker 7: They await the winners of the Hurricanes and Canadians, who play a night at seven pm. You can hear that game right here on the fan. The Hurricanes lead that series two to one.
Speaker 1: Zachis, Yeah, despite the injury troubles that Colorado had, obviously was losing the car for the time they did was not ideal, McKinnon.
Speaker 2: Clearly not one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: That team was still deep enough that they should have at least won a game or two or more. They probably should have won the series, but to get swept like that is just unacceptable, and they are going to have to do some major, major soul searching over the summer to figure out how a team that won and just looked good like all season long for for what eight nine months, comes in to that conference final and just completely Chris Hockey airplanes to the bed. It was. It was not good. It was not good. And so credit to Vegas. They certainly, you know, they've got championship pedigree. Hard crazy to say that for a franchise that's what nine years old, but they are the more experienced playoff team now, I guess, and they looked very, very good. They will certainly be a tough test for whoever it is Montreal or Carolina.
Speaker 2: That's been one hell of a series.
Speaker 1: I think, Hockey away the Hurricanes look just as good as the Canadians. And I will say the Canadians, the way their season has been going feels like a team of destiny. But again, we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens. It's gonna be fun. Who knows. Who knows anything anymore? How did the Golden Knight just sweep the Colorado Avalanche? I will never know, But we'll have some fun watching hockey this weekend hockey and beyond for a few more weeks.
Speaker 2: And then go Mitch Minor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll credit to him, and I think Ikeahl is earning here. They're paying his dues, and we'll see what happened, Rosie.
Speaker 7: The Twins won five to three to eleven Indians last night over the White Sox. The Twins are now twenty seven and twenty eight, same two teams. Today at six forty in Chicago, Connor pre Lip goes for your Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 2: Pre Lip wrong.
Speaker 7: A Charger safety Derwin James agreed to a three year, seventy five point six million dollar extension, making him the NFL's highest paid safety, I think for the second time in his career, like a.
Speaker 3: Dollar an hour.
Speaker 8: Yeah, does he deserved that. Yeah, think, Oh yeah, he's great, he's great. Better safeties, I mean.
Speaker 7: Kyle Hamilton, it's probably better. Yeah, Lewis Cne is probably better.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: Cory Packers running back Josh Jacobs was booked on five chargers, including strangulation and suffocation and battery and domestic abuse.
Speaker 2: Yes yesterday. Not good, No, not good at all.
Speaker 7: The Vikings started voluntary OTAs yesterday. They have one today and then they have one on Friday. Hawk was pumped. Did you go hogs three times?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, good for you. I think you saw a sheer. I'll crow again.
Speaker 3: I did hot yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's about all I got.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was it. That's a good amount of stuff. That's some good sports things. So much more like we'll do it for Vikings news next, a kind of stuff you missed. Yeah, you missed so many things I did. Nobody's caught up now.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Nobody in this town reports.
Speaker 3: It's about to do it for him when we get back.
Speaker 2: I just did like seven things. I feel like you weren't locked in though, I feel like you were under durest. Yeah, man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I wish today we weren't one hundred percent human?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like I wish we were having our first time to San Juan, the capital of Puerto Rico, the same. Sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, God, that song bangs.
Speaker 2: I bet I listened to that song yesterday. I bought so time. It's so good on the hole and listen to it by yourself. Util Emily thinks you're insane, Yeah, showing you she definitely does. Yeah. Vikings News is next. Parker Fox is here. This is the Power Trip Morning show on the fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Rainbow Tree Care. Good morning, we have an accident.
Speaker 3: Time we one hundred northbound at Dulu. Here we are. Parker Fox is here. He looks like a spring chicken.
Speaker 2: Ninety degrees a day too hot, ready for winter? Way too hot? We need preseason football, right.
Speaker 3: Hogs do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Haw's a dog handling the heat. Dog's been good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He he likes to stay inside and they see but he always finds a shaded spot somewhere.
Speaker 2: He's a high maintenance dog. It's a good looking dog though. Man, it is a cute dog. It is a working dog. Has has your life been altered? In a positive or negative way since the dog.
Speaker 4: That's funny because I was like win anytime I was in a group setting and somebody's like, oh, look, they'll keep my dog. I don't care about your dog, and I don't share to look at a picture of your dog.
Speaker 2: And now I'm that person. So it's a little bit how like Sauce before he had Louis said he didn't care about other people's kids. Care about hawks. How great is your kid? He's the greatest. It's pretty sweet. I get a Christmas card from Hawk, but it's him and my dad. It's real awkward.
Speaker 3: I can't help. But we have so many great pictures of us it's blurred out. Sometimes I send out Christmas cards in the middle of June, yep, because we have so many great pictures of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, dude, what's the July cards?
Speaker 3: We like to spoon and fork?
Speaker 2: What about Knife?
Speaker 3: I don't know his legs don't been.
Speaker 2: Like stab it and shove it seventy six.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. I'm trying to keep him young.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty limber. Yeah. Oh that's two Vikings news, shall we?
Speaker 3: I would love it if we did that, Corey, because I am a Viking fan and a bud Man cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Sure, we go my proms presented by this repress story. We know as well as I do.
Speaker 2: All Right. So the legal news yesterday is that Brian Flores his discrimination case against the NFL can proceed toward trial. This was a Supreme Court decision, so it can keep going. At some point. He's getting a giant check. I think it looks like it's trend in his way. I don't know how this stuff works. I'm not a lawyer. I'm just guessing. I'm just reading headlines. I have no idea what's happening, but it seems like it's going in his directions. Yeah, we'll see, we will see.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like you wonder if, either way, if this will ultimately always impact his ability to get a head coaching job somewhere else, Right, if the NFL is just kind of kind of have it out for him moving forward. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Has he spoken on like the opportunity of getting ahead job, like out like point blank and saying I want to be a head coach or has he kind of been obviously he probably does, but has he ever like came out and said I want to be head coaching this league, because I haven't heard anything specifically like that, but I think at the end of the day, like he's interviewed, Yeah, if you want to get to the top, of course you want to be a head coach.
Speaker 3: You want to rock and roll.
Speaker 2: Great, great song.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: And the Vikings defense likes to rock and roll.
Speaker 3: They do, and and he's he's a rock and roller.
Speaker 2: They're very good with him. Funny bands have gone all the way to the top while rocking and rolling, but it hasn't been a long way like overnight successes.
Speaker 7: Chili Peppers, Greta van Fleet, Oasis, that band's terrible.
Speaker 3: Joe van Fleet was named after a lady named Greta van Fleet.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I think it was slightly different. I'm being serious. I think her name was just slightly different than Greta van Fleet.
Speaker 3: I saw something about it being her birthday or something a couple of.
Speaker 2: Weeks, like one or two letters off. Like, I think it's extremely close to that name, but not quite. And I'm being serious.
Speaker 4: Gretona Gretna They added a man like sauce added that tea.
Speaker 2: So what what was Gretna van Fleet? What did she do.
Speaker 3: Let's see, the band name was created by dude when a relative resident Gretna van Fleet, the resident of franken Muth, Michigan. Yeah, it doesn't say like why they liked her.
Speaker 1: The original drummer mentioned his grandfather told him he needed a cutwood for a woman named Greta Gretna van Fleet. The band liked the sound of it, dropping the end they got. The band met with Gretna, who passed away in twenty twenty six at age ninety five. She gave him her full blessing to use the monkier she was up apparently a local celebrity celebrity, the one the monkeyer. Oh brilliant.
Speaker 2: Boy, oh man campeon dot com slash watch. Just look at Chris's face. He's face palming. I don't know. How do we do it? Zacho? I don't know either, Chris, how do we do this?
Speaker 3: You realize that the word is honker.
Speaker 2: With monkeyer, so we've gone with distressed.
Speaker 3: That was an honest mistakes.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant a monkier.
Speaker 3: I thought you were joking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not brilliant. I know they are ironically test to get a job here. Gretna van Fleet just passed away nine days ago. Yeah, he said twenty six, but I did not know it was nine days ago, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: She was killed by a monkey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, oh no, I like. I love when I'm listening to a common a lot now to three and he'll have people call up that don't have like their real names, so they'll like say what their monkeyer is and then they'll just like do their phone call. Yeah, don't they have like a collection of all the monkeyers. So don't they have like a book so they can keep track of which monkeys have been like given out in which one haven't, Like Brenda van Fleet here, what is the goal here? What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: We might have a lead to Cheryl Crow. Wait a minute, I just got an email from a guy who works on a magazine called Vintage Guitar Magazine, and he's interviewing somebody who has works with Cheryl, and he said, if we send him a copy of that segment, he'll send it to him.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't know if that's going to help. That'll work. I think she'll delete the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 3: You know, she seems cool.
Speaker 2: That would be all time. That would be so good be the greatest. Yes, it would. So let's say we booked her for next week, right, Chris, Let's just say we have seven days to think about it, and you have seven days to plan that interview. If we left it completely up to you, would that question be the start, like, let's just rip the band aid off somewhere in the middle or somewhere near the end.
Speaker 3: If if she gets booked on the show, specifically because her manager never heard that segment, I think we could start the segment by asking her that question.
Speaker 7: You just get it out of the way. Would the second question be, is Sheryl Crow your real name? Or is that a monkeyer?
Speaker 2: This is what I see, isn't it? It's fun right to just go like to point at him and go, what what are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I just had monkey for a second.
Speaker 3: He was gonna laugh, But then I realized.
Speaker 1: Didn't yep, and I felt like again, I didn't even didn't realize it, didn't realize that.
Speaker 2: They adopted the monkey here.
Speaker 3: Shuck the monkey.
Speaker 2: Brilliant great Peter Gabriel sign I had never heard the word moniker until I started listening to common way back in the day. I didn't know what that was before the fan. That's not a word that gets used super often in every day used, especial when you're a teenager who uses the word moniker. No one, maybe moniker sellis she didn't. Yeah, then she got stabbed and she didn't. Yep, just like Andy and just like Chris almost at Perkins. That's right.
Speaker 4: I think if you were to ask me to spell moniker before we started talking about it, I don't think I could have done it.
Speaker 2: I think Zach's pronunciation helps. Yes, it does help because it definitely gives you the letters just in the wrong order. Yeah, Yeah, you don't have.
Speaker 3: What is it when you see the letters in the wrong order?
Speaker 2: Dyslexia?
Speaker 3: You don't have that, do that?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Yeah, right, got diagnosed this morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, by doctor Corey almost said monkey Well from Paris.
Speaker 2: Chiefs tight end Travis Kelcey is adding owner to his title because he is bought into a small piece of the Cleveland Guardians. He's a minority investor. He's a part owner now of the Guardians. Am doesn't my homes own a piece of the Royals? Yes, sir, small piece as well. And I think the women's and men's soccer team.
Speaker 3: No kidding, I own a part of a women's soccer team, but I'm not a professional football player.
Speaker 2: No, you're a professional, handsome person. Yeah, you're a pro.
Speaker 7: Hey Court, remember yesterday you were talking about people that children sit weird on a shopping cart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where they sit on the back. I love that.
Speaker 7: Yesterday at Costco and Maple Grove, which is a completely different animal than any other Costco.
Speaker 2: That place is a zoop the right time we did yesterday.
Speaker 3: I told you that place, it's always the third layer of hell.
Speaker 2: Yes, the not even I go, I go. I go evenings middle of the week, like once a week, and it's a piece of cake. We went.
Speaker 7: When you went yesterday at eleven o'clock and it was like why who k was happening?
Speaker 2: The next day the line was so long.
Speaker 7: But when we walked in, kid probably similar to Louis age sitting up on the cart, like the where you put the kid where he's you know, when you set him down, he was up on the back of it, not strapped in, just sitting in the back of it.
Speaker 2: The mom's just pushing the cart along. I'm like, what are you doing? That's that, but at least you could fall into the cart itself though. But when they sit on the back end, that's there's nothing holding him back there, and they don't understand physics, and the person pushing him doesn't understand physics. That freaks me out. Man, I don't want to watch some kid crack his skull. That Pasco is hell on Earth. It's not even close to hell to heaven on earth.
Speaker 3: That parking there is a the the only entrance to that parking lot is as white as my butt crack. And every car has to get through there. And then it's a giant parking lot.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: What son of a bitch? So we can all get in and out?
Speaker 2: Is it pet Smart or whatever?
Speaker 3: Is it PetSmart depots right there? Yeah, he's not wrong, right, you can go in that way. Sure you're going to be fighting yea and yeah man, and guitar centers over there, so I have to deal with you people to get my guitars drinks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it was a disaster, disaster, and no one's paying attention.
Speaker 2: And choose sometimes choose. I've a clock on a Tuesday, would be fine.
Speaker 3: I chose my time never Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, that's my spot. Love it good? Yeah, you can buy me some.
Speaker 3: You can buy me a nine gallon bucket of mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: Ye your dream scenario. Why would that be his dream scenario? He likes mail. Never have to buy it again. Nine gallons is going to last in the rest of his life. You have to put them in the fridge.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you had nine gallons of let's say, peanut butter, something maybe you used every day and it didn't go bad, you'd probably have it for twenty years.
Speaker 2: That's so much peanut butter. You go through it. If you use it every day, you go through it way faster than that. Yeah, nine gallon, well like a jar of peanut eat every day? Yeah, peanut butter.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking Corey because obviously, well you maybe not even eat chicken every day every day mostly something I liked it every day. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: You have peanut butter every day? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He does not every day of the work week, and.
Speaker 2: Every day of the work week, Yeah I do, Yeah, every day. I have a Nah No, what else do you eat almost every day? Sauce?
Speaker 3: I drink five hour energies literally every day, and I can show you I do about five five.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was.
Speaker 7: He was once told it's giving you a stomach problem, and he quit for like two days.
Speaker 2: I did. But think about that. He has five five hour energy, So he's drinking energy. Hours of energy in the day that are in the day. Drink more of them if they weren't stolen from him all the time. We should just call him five hour energy guy. That should be his monkey or well play. You got too much. You got too much hours of energy?
Speaker 3: You think so, wouldn't you. Yeah, but I'm always sleepy, sleepy man.
Speaker 2: You guys are ripping my store. That's my spot. No, it's fine, but yesterday it was. Well, you added to the problem. You were part of the traffic. Pick a different time and then it won't be so busy. I kind of on your sidelock during the week.
Speaker 3: If I'm going to talk about that parking lot, I'm going to talk about parking lots in general. If your truck is so big you can't park it, get a different vehicle.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, correct.
Speaker 3: You have two lines, stay between them a whole right.
Speaker 2: If you're vehicle is too big for you to drive, don't drive it. Can I tell you the other sneaky thing? About Costco parking lot specifically, Like, if you go to Target, the cart returns. If you're an actual civilized member of society, I return your car. If you don't return your cart, you're going to hell. But there are multiple cart little pods, right, they're like every ten stalls you can drop it off. Well, Costco just has basically one per role in the middle of the row. I've never understood why people will wait forever to get a parking spot in the first two or three spots, right, They're like they want to park close. Well, guess what that then your walk to the car return is eight miles. How about just parking the back for eminem and then sure you're walked into the store is longer, but you probably need the steps because you're buying, because you're buying in bulk anyway, And then when you walk to the car, then your return to the cart return is much much shorter. That's the hack is just park next to the return. I don't get why people care to park so close. Back to Chris's point, if you have some giant truck, just park in the back, yeah, you're fine, Yeah, closer to the cart return.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I've seen people circling the park, the parking lot at the gym looking for a close marketing Yeah, yeah, you're here to work out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a warm out then yeah, or just get it delivered this morning on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's okay.
Speaker 7: But yeah, especially like with me when I bring Louis and it's just lou Dog and I. We park as close to the car return as possible because I put him in the cart right, and then it's easier where I put all this stuff out, take him out, push the car over, put him in his car seat, and we go home.
Speaker 2: But Hawk's right, that parking lot is hell on ear.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you guys. Do you guys do this as well? I'm just just realizing I do this. I think about it from time to time though, you know, like there's vultures and there's like carnivorous birds that circle in the air with eagle eyes just looking down looking for prey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you park in a handicap spot, you better believe I'm eyeball and you just see I got something hanging from that mirror. Man, I'm eyeballing you. And if you don't, yeah, what are you doing? I'm just standing there wait for you to get out of the car to make sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a there's a bit on Instagram, or there's a guy that if you park in a handicapped spot without a parking placard or on your license plate, he puts these stickers that cannot come off nice. We have to like scrape them off. And he's got all these videos of people pissed. Do not park there if you do not have one.
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen cart narks gonna be that guy's the best? I love them so hawk. Basically, it's if you if he sees you not return your cart and just leave it for somebody else, right. He throws like this magnet thing. This is like a giant like diamond shape thing. It's his cart arcs and he basically pretends to be a cop without saying he's a cop. And he'd be like throw it on your hood and be like, so good, I'm representing cart narks. You didn't return your cart, And basically everybody goes full Karen mode and they're like, get that off my car. It's like, why didn't you return your cart? And then they say, somebody does that for me, right, And they'll ask like, are you a police officer? No, I'm just a member of cart and arcs and they get super pissed and some of them threatened to punch him. It's they have six hundred and thirty nine thousand subscribers merch on YouTube.
Speaker 4: It's quite good too, Like he's really he's got the whole bit down.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe he isn't at all worried about getting shot or established. Because all you need is one psycho to be like, don't you dare post that video of me?
Speaker 4: Ninety five percent of the people that get out of that car that don't return their carts are orderlined that psycho.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, they're the worst people. It's always never hang out with that person. People who don't return their carts are terrible. Yeah. It takes ten seconds, ten seconds, and you know, like all the to catch aupretitor people always be like I was just here to mentor the kid, I was nervous about waiting. They have like the same four or five excuses every time. Almost every time they're like I was gonna return it. It's like, no, you weren't. You were in your card about no, no, no, I was gonna I was gonna. Well then why did you start the car and put it in drive. No, I was good. No you weren't going to return the car. So Carton arch is on the case.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna have to watch these.
Speaker 2: You'll love them. Yeah, you'll like. He's got a weird, sarcastic, condescending Oh I caught you. I caught you so good. Yes, his voice is perfect, it's perfect. It's such a troll move, but it's hey, call him out right. A lot of ladies on there, you'll like, real mean, real mean. Let's just say a lot of them are your type. Yeah, you know, you know.
Speaker 3: They got feet it one.
Speaker 2: In Yeah, yeah, you'll love them. Jesus all right at eight o'clock hour includes Fan five and headlines more with Parker Fox Powers for morning show fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center