Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker.
Speaker 2: We are literally in the hot corner with the guy at the hot corner in the Rockies clubhouse. That is my favorite Carros, Kyle Carros.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Kyle, I'm doing good man. You always bring a smile to my face.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know you're my favorite Carros. Now. I let your dad know that all the time.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. Probably tell the same stuff to my brother, though, so I'll take care with the greatest ault.
Speaker 2: That's true Jared and Kyle one A and one B.
Speaker 1: In my books, and then Eric down low.
Speaker 2: Very low. Hey, you can appreciate this being in the game for a long time. Whenever you're struggling or you got some little nagging injury, the game seems to find you. And pops with a bad back, foul ball finds them in the booth. So even at this stage of his career, the game is finding him when he's got a bad back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I don't think he's ever been known for his glove, and I think that was on full display last night up in the booth. I think he kind of ran away from that ball.
Speaker 2: If I saw right, that's exactly right, and it ricochet and Joe Davis tried to act like he caught it clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then we went to video review and he was nowhere to be found near that ball.
Speaker 2: Kylea, you guys have had a great stretch here coming into this series against the Dodgers. Last night was an amazing game. You were a big part of that ninth inning rally. What's the vibe around this team?
Speaker 1: I think just playing for one another, playing with nothing to lose, playing free. But I think it just speaks a ton to the guys we have in this clubhouse and how we string together rallies and always stay in the game.
Speaker 2: You're in the hot corner with your guy that you came up through the minor leagues with who LA knows very well. Now, Colin Carrick, what was all that about last night? And how did he handle that?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just two personalities going at it. I think everyone knows Rush has a little personality to him and Cole does as well, So I think when you throw those two together, there's gonna be some fireworks.
Speaker 2: Reporting. Sorry, Cole Carrick, household name now, I apologize.
Speaker 1: That's right after the incident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right. Do you still get any butterflies or different feelings coming to this field compared to the others you've played him?
Speaker 1: I think it's always cool playing in LA I'd say this series definitely feels a little different just because I've you know, been in the league for a little longer. Feel more comfortable at this level. Definitely not as jittery this time around. But it's always going to be cool to play here.
Speaker 2: You're staying at your parents' house, so do you ride in with your dad? Do you go home with your dad? What's the carpool situation?
Speaker 1: Day one, I took my mom's car, I drove on my own. But then today I'm going to go back to the team hotel after tonight, so we carpooled so I can hop on the bus after the game.
Speaker 2: And is that an awkward car ride?
Speaker 1: No, there's loud music and not allowed to chatty.
Speaker 2: Who gets to choose what's playing? Is it your dad or is it you?
Speaker 1: It's me? It's me, I take priority, it's my game. I'm playing so he can he can do his pregame ritual before he calls the game. But the car ride is mine.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we know he's a guy that lived in the nineties. Are you a guy that dips in the nineties too? Are you off on your own?
Speaker 1: I think maybe another time I would humor him with some of his genre, But before a game, I like to get prepared with my own stuff, so I don't think he really is a fan of it.
Speaker 2: Do you want to share what that is? You're so mysterious, the most mysterious caros in the family.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of house music, which is like kind of like em like dance music. There's not a whole lot of words to it, but I just like the vibe of it and gets me ready.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've heard like you have glow sticks in your car when you drive home at night.
Speaker 1: Right. I don't go all out with it, but it's definitely a good tune.
Speaker 2: Hey, I got another fun fact related to your dad. Max Munsey's just two home runs away from passing your pops for the most home runs hit in this ballpark? Were you aware of that?
Speaker 1: I was not, But that's not surprising. I mean, Munsi's the hell of a player. He's having a hell of a year, and he's he's going to keep sending him out of this yard.
Speaker 2: All right. Wow, he has the answers like his dad used to. Damn, dude, you are polished, polish caros.
Speaker 1: Here he trained me well.
Speaker 2: All right, by the way, you brought up your brother Jared. Yeah, Dodger organization picture Tommy John. All that. How is Jared Carrow's coming back? He's good.
Speaker 1: I think he's progressing well. I mean, as we know, Tommy John's a long long recovery, but everything's going well. He sends me videos updating me where he's at with the throwing program. So it's good to see and I'm excited to see him back on a mount soon.
Speaker 2: All right, awesome to have you back in LA. When you shake my hand, it's basically, hey, this interview's over. You've made me uncomfortable long enough, so I'll take that as this is over. And don't worry. Every time you come to LA, I will not have you on the show. But tonight it felt like the right time.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: David