Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and good afternoon.
Speaker 4: Welcome in two of our Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the Saturday, June the thirteenth, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers are in Chicago for a weekend series on the South Side against the White Sox. Dodgers forty four and twenty six overall in the season, first place atop the NL West with an eight game lead in the division. After dropping the series opener last night, the Dodgers back at it today with a more normal looking lineup. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount first pitching rate field from Chicago's coming up at one ten coming up over the next hour Here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on this Dodgers team trying to bounce back after this loss last night, and it was Shohio Tani back in the lineup. More on that coming up. We'll here from David Vassi throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Santiago Espinal. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field in Chicago. In just a few minutes, we head out to the gallopin Ford Broadcast Booth with Tim Neffertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: Last night in Chicago, Roki Sasaki got the start, and it wasn't the best of starts for Susaki got into trouble early. Andrew Benettendi a solo home run the third batter of the game in the bottom of the first, and the White Sox grabbed an early one nothing lead. However, the Dodgers would answer back quickly in the top of the second. Kyle Tucker lead off walk, Miguel Rojas doubled the left Max Munsey was hit by a pitch to load the bases that brought up the designated hitter, Santiago Westpinhal.
Speaker 8: That's beIN o pinch hit.
Speaker 9: For Otani in the seventh enny last night came up with a base hit in that event.
Speaker 2: Tucker at third, Roja set second Monthcie at first. Here's the pitch swung on and hit of the aar toy the left field corner, long run for Antonachu's.
Speaker 1: Not going to get it.
Speaker 10: Tucker will score.
Speaker 11: Coming around third is Rojas who will score.
Speaker 2: It's a two run base hit for Espinal to the Dodgers pull in front two to one.
Speaker 4: Santiago Aspinal with two run single RBI's number six and seven of the Dodgers. Reid took the lead up two to one until the fifth, when the wheels fell off. Roki Sasaki, a lead off, walked in a single to left RBI single from Anastasei that tied the game at two. Next batter, former Dodger Miguel Vargas, the balls.
Speaker 11: One strive, nobody out.
Speaker 2: I'll field straight up and the pitch swung out hit of the year the right center date back after at Tucker, he looks up and.
Speaker 11: It is off the wall Romo will score Antinacho.
Speaker 2: They held a third throw in a second and safe at the call.
Speaker 4: It second RBI double for Miguel Vargas, who has seemed to find a home now in Chicago, now batting two fifty one at three seventy six on base percentage, he goes three for four against his former team with that RBI double. As the White Sox took the lead and they weren't done. Back to back walks from Colson Montgomery Brada Montgomery produced another run Chase Mydrop then greeted Blake Trining with a two run single. One battle later, Tristan Peters tacked on a two run triple.
Speaker 5: The White Sox sent.
Speaker 4: Eleven batters to the play while scoring seven times in the fifth inning. They go on and beat up on the Dodgers last night, eight to two. A Dodgers lineup that did not have show Aotani in it did not have, of course, Will Smith who's injured, no Dalton rushing either, Santiago Espinal as your designated hitter, as it was Robinson catching Alex call was starting in the left field, so a different looking lineup for the Dodgers only produced four hits. In the game, Anthony k gets the win Rookie Sasaki the loss. Dodgers fall to forty four and twenty six. Overall, they still maintained an eight game lead in the NL West. Quick turnaround today with the day game in Chicago and a more normal looking lineup with Dalton rushing behind the plate and show Ao Tani back leading off for the Dodgers, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound first pitch coming up at one ten and with more we head out to the galloping Ford Broadcast booth on this Saturday afternoon as we say hello to Tim Neverdan and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thanks very much. A beautiful afternoon here in Chicago. Is the Dodgers take on the White Sox, Game two of there's three game set. Last night a very tough one for the Dodgers. Offensively, only four hits, they produced two runs and that was it. In fact, the last nineteen straight hitters made outs against the White Sox pitching staff, and the Dodgers looked that around today with sho hey Otani back in the lineup leading off as the designated hitter Yoshinobo Yamamoto at six and four gets the start to sixty eighty ra Sean Burke, the right hander three and three in an earn run average of three point eight eight will start for the White Sox. And you know, the Dodgers probably flushed that game as soon as they get back to the hotel last night, because you can't dwell on the fact that they just were really lackluster offensively last night. Defensively they were fine, but the offense they're looking to get that picked up today.
Speaker 9: So things fell apart in the fifth inning seven runs and only four hits. And when you issue a lot of walks, as the Dodgers issued three walks in that inning to the White Sox hitters, it's a different story. And we mentioned before the ballgame, very similar to the story in Pittsburgh. Don't take the Pirates lightly, they score runs. Don't take the White Sox lightly. They score runs, and boy they did last night. Eight on the board, and they also manufactured ten hits. They got very good pitching and for the Dodgers didn't really hold him down. That one disastrous hitting, and the Dodgers didn't have too many opportunities. They were just one for three with runners in scoring position and light on the board, two runs, only four hits in the entire game.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers put their lineup out later today than they normally do because they were waiting to see the status of show Hey O, Tony. The swelling in the left knee is gone. According to Dave Roberts, he went and hit today in the cage inside, felt great, no restrictions, and he is ready for action here. And he's hit well against the White Sox. He has nineteen home runs in forty one games against Chicago.
Speaker 11: That's good for eighth among all active players.
Speaker 9: Well, they's also hit very well. You go back since the twelfth of May, Shoheyo Tani is hitting over four hundred and four to twelve to be exact. And as he came onto the field earlier today before the game, couple of hours prior to the game, working out in the outfield, primarily just throwing. You talk about photographers, they were twenty just following him around and taking photos of every move that he made on the field until he finally left.
Speaker 11: Oh, he'll be in there and he'll lead off the ball game.
Speaker 2: Andy Piez will batch second, only two right handed batters in the lineup this afternoon. For of the Dodgers Piez and Mookie Betts. And for Mookie Betts, he starts today hitting one eighty one. That is a career low for him by a long way for the month of June as he tries to find a way to find some grass in the outfield and stop hitting it right out pea.
Speaker 9: And this is more than just a small sample size too. Tim Bens has played now in thirty five games. Yes, he was interrupted by the stint on the injured list because of the oblique, but for him to be in the middle of the lineup, he's got to hit the ball better. When he has hit the ball pretty well, it's been at people, including last night, lined out the left field in one of the advants, but he's not really made consistent hard contact.
Speaker 2: Former Dodger Miguel Vargas is having a career year now as he has joined the White Sox for the third year. For him, sixteen home runs forty four four runs batted in his ops is way up and Vargas looks like a different player than he did.
Speaker 8: A few years ago.
Speaker 9: Well, a few years ago he was not being able to play every day. But the trade, I know it hurt him personally from an emotional standpoint, understandably, and for the Dodgers, it wasn't like they did not like Miguel Bargas. It was just there was no room at the end for him. And now he's got a chance to play, show his wares and batting the number two spot. He's been a big catalyst in setting up the table for the guys in the big part of the lineup.
Speaker 2: White Sox have won twenty of the last thirty. They've won eight straight at home. They have been tough and the biggest turnaround story in Major League Baseball. Sean Burke, the right hander goes for them. Goshinobo Yamamoto for the Dodgers, timp.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you.
Speaker 4: Guys, were off and running here on Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on De Becaus, were coming down to first pitch.
Speaker 5: Dodger fans, get that game, game meal on. It's lunchtime.
Speaker 4: What are your plans about Shakey's Pizza Parlor in order that Shaky's Bezza Chicken to Mojo's right now, it's Shaky's dot Com all right, coming up, you're gonna here for the manager. Dave Roberts, David Vase checks in of course throughout the hour. Letter from Santiago Espinal, who had a two run single last night as a designated hitter. We'll dive deeper in this pitching matchup with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, but up next to your O Tani Rewine, and we'll head live to the field in Chicago. Kirsten Watson from Sports in LA standing by. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers in white sox from Chicago on this Saturday.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 4: Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio, Nework.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers NTS game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's a Dodgers and White Socks on this Saturday afternoon. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Sean Burke the pitching MATCHO first pitch coming up at one and ten. Shoey O'tani, with a night off last night with the left knee inflammation, was not the designated hitter. In his place, Santiago Espinal had a two run single, the only offense for the Dodgers last night, and then eight two loss.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: And Kirston now joins us from Chicago. Brought to My Cars for Kids donat now at Cars for Kids dot org. All right, the big news show, Hey o Tani back in the line up Kirston.
Speaker 12: Yes, the very big but also very good news. Of course, he was out yesterday and he folds from the game in the last one in Pittsburgh dealing with some left knee inflammation and you know yesterday they had some imaging. Everything claim back clear, just more of that wear and tear. So it's is very good news that he's back out there. He came in today, he did a couple of tests, so it did take a good amount of time for the lineup to come out this afternoon. But once he got through everything and was in the clear, he was adamant that he wanted to be in the lineup. So he's feeling really good. Jay Roberts did say that he's a full go, but they he did admit there will be no stolen bases today. He is not being aggressive on the base path. He can get on base, but that is about it. No need to push it right now.
Speaker 4: And the Dodger's coming off a tough lot last night. Roki Sasaki didn't have the best of command last night, and that one inning really got away from the Dodgers and the game got away from him at that point. But the good news is they have the new Clayton Kershaw, the new stopper in Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound today.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and they've got their ace on the mound. And you know, whenever Yoshinobu takes the mounds, there's there's a feeling of ease, And I think that's a thing we have really felt now with all of the rotation, considering how much success they've been having and how some of the younger guys I've gotten back on track. But with Yoshinobu, he is someone you know, he's going to take down six, seven or even eight like his last time out innings. He's going to find ways to be efficient. He wants to get the job done and be that guy. So he's in a really good spot right now. So they feel confident with him going on the mound, how he can set the tones. So the hope is to get back into the wind column today and then you know, they ultimately want to win this series, and now that they have no having showhy Not in the lineup, it does present a different look. So that they have their lineup back to full strength. At least there's to see that are still missing with the il, but for the most part, back to full strength. They feel really good about getting him the run support that he needs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely get Yoshinobu Yamamotos some run support. The lineup looks a little bit more normal than it did yesterday. And the Dodgers just need that bullpen. You know, I remember the thirty three and a third scoreless innings just a few weeks ago for his Dodgers bullpen and.
Speaker 10: No Tim Yeah, it's flipped.
Speaker 5: It's completely flipped.
Speaker 12: It has flipped. But they understand and they're just trying to build the confidence right now. There's been one too many walks and so they know what they need to do, and so the hope that they can get back on track here.
Speaker 4: Let's hope they get back on track today. Kurristen, We appreciate. We'll check it with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll die deeper into this pitch matchup David Vasego's one on one with Santiago Espinal. But I'm next an injury report and we'll get the pregame thoughts to the manager. Dave Roberts Dodgers in a White Sox on the South side of Chicago. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue All season Law.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday afternoon as we lead you up to first pitch from Chicago Dodgers at White Sox Marongo Casino Resort and spy a Grand Slam for good times. Yoshinoby, I'm a Moto all the mountin first pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: It's the La Dodger Injury Report.
Speaker 4: Presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. As shoey Otani is back in the lineup today, that is good news. Missed last night's game with left knee inflammation. Will Smith on the IL with a sword neck to Oscar Hernandez on the IL with the left hamstrings strain. Keiki Hernandez on the IL with the left oblique injury. Tyler Glass now on the IL lower back spasms. Could start a throwing program here soon. Blake Snell on the sixty day IL after surgery to remove bodies from his elbow. He is continuing his throwing program and progression, as is Edwin Diaz. Brock Stewart on a minor league rehab assignment last night in Ontario with the Tower Buzzers. Tommy, I've been trending towards coming off the injured list for the first time this year on Tuesday. Let's head back out to Chicago and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 13: The questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 11: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 14: I think, sorry, I think show hey drove it. Training stuff drove it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 14: We took him by the game the other night just for precautionary yesterday, treated it up.
Speaker 8: Today.
Speaker 14: He feels great, all the confidence that he can go out there and hit feel good, not regress at all.
Speaker 8: I think he's going.
Speaker 14: Out there and play catch today just to see how it feels. When he's playing catch. But as far as on the hitting side, we feel really good about it.
Speaker 12: So well till you think he's kind of a full go moving forward. Are there still some checkmarks you want to see? Maybe on the pitching side, You know.
Speaker 8: What, I think we're full go.
Speaker 14: But I do think that once he's out there playing catch, see how his knee responds to you know, the pressure, the torque or whatever.
Speaker 8: I think will be some good information on the mound.
Speaker 12: Obviously a tough loss yesterday, but just how is he always the right guy to be the stopper?
Speaker 14: You know, he's uh, he's just got He's got that pedigree as a as an ace, he's gonna attack. He's won big games for us, He's been a stopper for us. Bullpen's in a good spot.
Speaker 8: But I still.
Speaker 14: Feel that having him pitch to take down six, seven, eight innings is going to be helpful going forward.
Speaker 8: But it's just hard to go wrong with Yoshinobu.
Speaker 13: Thanks for governor running the bases or anything like that.
Speaker 8: Absolutely there will be no base dealing.
Speaker 1: The swelling in his knees just like it's gone.
Speaker 8: Down, Yes, yes, swelling's gone.
Speaker 13: Has he hit in the cage to test it.
Speaker 14: Yes he has, he's hit, moved around, swelling down, so feels good.
Speaker 9: All of this today, all of this today.
Speaker 1: Lined up to pitch Wednesday next.
Speaker 3: Then how do you kind of foresee your starting pitching?
Speaker 12: Looking for the other two dreams of the series.
Speaker 14: I think it's lower and then Robo is going to go on regular. So Robo will go Tuesday, Justin will go Tuesday, and then lourill go on Monday, with show Hey going Wednesday.
Speaker 12: We talk to show Hey today. What did he tell to you like?
Speaker 8: Feels good? Show Hey sayds this morning? Feel good?
Speaker 14: Wants to play, so doesn't talk a whole lot, but that was it.
Speaker 4: So Robleski's fine after the getting hit by the.
Speaker 8: Ball the other day. Yeah, and ROBO's fine yesterday.
Speaker 14: I talked to him and he is a little sore, which is understandable, but ready.
Speaker 8: He'll be ready to go on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: All right, there's a manager Dave Roberts so an updates on some of the die injured players, including show Hey, Otani feeling much better today. More on that with David Vasse coming up next. As we continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck leading up to first page from the South Side of Chicago, Dodgers and White Sox on this Saturday. I'm Tim Kates, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers continuing their weekend series in Chicago's they take on the White Sox. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount Dodgers Baseball Brought to buy our friends at al Pato, Born in La and made for your game day. Al Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salces, and hot sauces right to your table El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, DV, he missed one game with the left knee inflammation. Showyotani back in the lineup today? Are you surprised?
Speaker 10: A little surprised him?
Speaker 6: Considering what Otani is doing this season, not only just being the dh but also being a big part of this Dodger rotation and the way that they have scheduled this rotation for show. Hey Otani, I don't know how much this game means in June, but Otani must reassure Dave Roberts and the training staff that he was good to go. The Dodgers were a little bit late with their lineup today, that was because Otani was testing his left knee throwing off flackground before the lineup came out. And oh, by the way, Tim, today is a show Heyotani anniversary because seven years ago today show he Otani at the trop in Saint Petersburg became the first Japanese born player ever to hit for the cycle. So today is the anniversary of Otani's cycle in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 5: Well, happy anniversary to him. David is brought to you by Ford.
Speaker 4: Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that given everything today will pay off tomorrow for two hundred and fifty years, moving in before America forward. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone. Go to your Southern California Ford dealer today or buy fod and now dot com. All right, if the trade deadline in twenty twenty four, David, the Dodgers dealt Miguel Vargas to the White Sox. At the time, he wasn't too happy about it, didn't want to leave the Dodgers organization. But here in twenty twenty six, man, he's really found a home.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And part of the reason why tim is the work that he's put in with his dad back in Miami.
Speaker 10: His dad is his hitting coach, and coupled with.
Speaker 6: Having an opportunity the last three seasons to really grow and get an opportunity to play every day, has allowed Miguel Vargas to be this dangerous third baseman that's a really great hitter for the White Sox. He's kind of coming of age.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 6: The White Sox are coming out of their rebuild after three consecutive one hundred lost seasons, and he is leading all major league third basemen in every major offensive category.
Speaker 10: And look the.
Speaker 6: Trade with the Dodgers, the White Sox, the Cardinals, the White Sox and the Dodgers got the best of that trade because Michael Kopek was a big part of the bullpen in twenty four and Tommy Edman was a.
Speaker 11: Big part of the rest of that season.
Speaker 6: And they're getting tom Y Edman back on Tuesday, so there was no place for Miguel Vargus to play, and quite honestly, it felt like he got his hitting groove going to the White Sox.
Speaker 5: David the Dodgers' bullpen.
Speaker 4: I'm old enough to remember when they had thirty six consecutive scoreless Indians, but things a little different right now for this bullpen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, they set the franchise record with thirty eight consecutive scoreless innings and in the last you know, on this road trip to tim and also going back to last Sunday against the Angels, there's been some crooked numbers scored against this bullpen. And part of the reason why is Dodgers starters are not going deeper into games when they put up.
Speaker 10: Those crooked numbers.
Speaker 6: So part of the reason why the Dodger bullpen has succeeded is the major reason due to the biggest reason is due to the starters going as deep as they are into games. They've logged more innings than any other team in baseball. Their starting staff and Evan Phillips and Brock Stewart should be returning at the very latest before the All Star break in July, so reinforcements are on the way.
Speaker 4: Can I wait for those guys to get back? All right, David, great stuff. I'll check back in with you. Just a little bit still to come here. On Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We got your magical moment though, when we return Dodgers and White Sox from Chicago on this Saturday. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and White Socks Game two, the three game weekend set from the South side of Chicago Rate Field to be exact. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Sean Burke. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 10: Not a ball game without a hot dog? Who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's magical presented by Hawpy hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well the Dodgers taken on the White Sox in Chicago. We go back to June twenty sixth, twenty twenty four at rate Field, a day Gavin Stone was really good.
Speaker 2: They all won to Luis Robert with Fami leading at first. Here it is swings hits the ground ball toward the middle. Lux has it. He'll throw the first. Freddy Scratchy got him. It's a complete game shutout for Gavin Stone, the very first of his major league career.
Speaker 11: He scatters four hits in the ball game.
Speaker 2: An absolutely wonderful performance by Gavin Stone, his best as a big leaguer nine and two his He is the first Dodger rookie to throw a shutout since twenty thirteen Hunting Ryu did it, and the first Dodger to have a complete game shutout of any kind since April twenty fifth. Twenty twenty two, against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: Gavin Stone a complete game shutout as the Dodgers finished off the sweep of the Chicago White Sox at twenty twenty four. Gavin Stone carried this rotation from majority of the season. He made a season high and team high twenty five starts that season. He won eleven and five of the three fifty three eer race, striking out one hundred and sixteen batters, but remembody was shut down second week of September with shoulder inflammation, couldn't pitch in the postseason and hasn't pitched in the big leagues since. High Price to Pay after a twenty five start twenty twenty four for Gavin Stone. That is your Hofey Magical moment, brought to by Hoffey Hot Dogs, Hoffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey Hunt Doggs local and so great. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We will check in with Charlie Steiner. Yes, Charlie is next. As we lead up to first pitch Dodgers and White Sox. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all.
Speaker 4: Season long Dodgers and White Sox squaring off in Chicago, Game two of this three game weekend set. Yoshin will be a momoto Shawn Berk the pitching match hiptime. Now for the Verizon startup, as we are less than thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your socol Verizon Store today. Still to come, we'll get to the keys of the game. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Of course we'll hear from Santiago Espinal. But let's check in with Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim, It's game two of the three game series. The White Socks beat the Dodgers last night, eight to two. For the Dodgers, this is their set the first game of the year at forty four and twenty six, still in first place by a wide margin in the West, eight over San Diego, eight and a half in front of Arizona.
Speaker 1: And then they are the White Sox thirty.
Speaker 7: Seven and thirty one, first place in the American League Central half a game in front of Cleveland, six and a half in front of Minnesota, MO. Talk to us about the Socks. We saw the numbers of this team coming in. Now they've won eight in a row at home, nineteen of their last twenty two.
Speaker 8: Are they for real?
Speaker 9: To disappoint the answer with that question, yes, They've also won six of the last ten Bowl games. And to stretch it out even born, you know they have the second best record if you look at the last thirty games they've won twenty of the last thirty. Only the Milwaukee Brewers have a better record. They've gone twenty two and nine, and the White Sox are believing themselves. They had a nice chant with the Steve Stone Young Award winner in his career and now one of the of the broadcasters on the television side for the White Sox talking about his ball club and very similar to the Dodgers. I mean, it's just if you go off the field and into that locker room, it's a club that they get along with one another. They like one another, and they challenge one another to do. Really a great example of different things. They hustle, they understand, and right now they're running on all cylinders. Now the question is going to be what happens when they run into a buzzsaw a couple of different games. Do they scatter? They stay together? In Stone's saying, this is a ball club that they believe is in fact going to stay together, and there's going to be some rough times between now and the end of the season.
Speaker 7: Only the Rays and Yankees have better records than the White Sox. They're twenty three and eleven at home twenty twenty four, twenty five. Combine those two years a White Sox went fifty six and one hundred and six. He's under five hundred well venables team seems to be firing on all cylinders.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and he's delivered a message. This is the expectations this ball club has. You know, this is more than just a small sample size to Charlie, because if we look at it, for example, for the Dodgers, I mean, forty three percent of their season is now being completed, that's in the books, the wins and losses, forty nine wins, twenty six losses. Those forty three percent of the season is underway, that's been taken care of. And the White Sox understand that because if we look at the Central Division of the the American League, which the White Sox are leading, that there's only two teams that have above five hundred records. Over the last ten games, White Sox are six and four. Detroit, who's nine games behind the White Sox. They've won seven of last ten to even pull a little bit closer. But other than Cleveland, there's not a real big race in the Central American League right now.
Speaker 7: They have the third best record in the American League. Only the Rays at forty and twenty six. The Yankees at forty one and twenty seven have a better record than the White Sox. Yamamoto gone for the Dodgers today six and four two sixty eight er against Sean Burke. Yamamoto. In his last four starts, he has righted his personal ship three and one aero point nine to nine er. And in those last four starts he's seen his arn run average drop from three point six to two point six eight. And by the way, his road er two seventeen is better than his home earned run average at three twenty three. But more importantly, he is now the Yamamoto.
Speaker 8: That we know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and both of these pitchers Charlie and this holds up to most of the guys. But when they get ahead in the count Yamamoto has allowed just a one thirty eight batting average against him. He goes up over two seventy when he gets behind in the count. And for Sean Berker, who the Dodgers will be facing today, it's the same story. Ahead in the count one seventy one, behind in the count almost two seventy. So it pays to be very discriminating as far as a hitter standpoint on what you're going to offer at because both of these guys have been difficult when they get ahead in the count.
Speaker 7: And Dodger fans could breathe the sigh of relief. Otani is back in the lineup leading off as the DH They said it was a precautionary thing last night.
Speaker 11: Evidently it was and is yeah.
Speaker 9: Man, when we came to the ballpark, the lineup was still unannounced because Otani was going to go through some exercises, get some treatment. He got treatment even during the game last night. So he's responded very well. You know another side story too, is it looking at last night? Yes, the White Sox leading the Central Division. Yes, there was a fireworks show after the game, but this one now turned into a fun place and people are talking about the White Sox instead of well everybody talking concentrating on the guys on the north side of Chicago, the south side making some noise now, indeed they are.
Speaker 7: So It's game two of the three game series at Dodgers, beginning the day in first place in the National League West at forty four and twenty six, eight in front of the pods, eight and a half in front of the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclow dot com. Slash us still to com Mo will be back with Tim Nevert. They're gonna get you those keys to the game from the booth. We'll also dive deeper to this pitching matchup with Yoshinobu Yamamoto making the start.
Speaker 5: But I'm next.
Speaker 4: We go high and tight with last night's designated hitter. You provided the only offense in place of show he O Tani Santiago Espinal joins David vat Sate next as we go high and tight Dodgers and White Sox on this Saturday.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 4: It's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers in Chicago series against the White Sox dropped the opener last night. Looking at the bats back today, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mountain. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 5: It's lunchtime. What do you doing?
Speaker 4: Dodger Fans official pizza partner the Dodgers Audio Broadcast is Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 5: When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 6: All right, we're joining right now by a man that broke camp with the Dodgers and has returned and certainly is a teammate favorite. That's the one and only Santiago Espinal Santiago, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 10: Appreciate it.
Speaker 13: Thank you guys for having me. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Okay, so we haven't talked since you came back. Can you tell us what those ten days were like for you not having a team and then deciding to re sign with the Dodgers.
Speaker 15: You know it was uh, I knew what was going on on. The Dodgers told me from the beginning what was going to happen and everything. So they were very fun. We're me which I really appreciate that. And you know I was at home just waiting. I was in La because I got a house over there, and then I was just waiting for a call see where anything happened. And you know, at the end of the day, I was I decided to come back over here since I already you know, made it a family. I know everybody, they already you know, made me feel comfortable with me and my family.
Speaker 13: They treat me well, So why not stay.
Speaker 15: You know, and I especially on a on a team you know that that is winning championship, you know, where there's a lot of experience and stuff like that. So you know, it wasn't tough at all. It was you know, it was pretty easy. And uh, you know, to come back to the locker room, it just felt like I never left.
Speaker 6: That's an interesting decision to make, right you know, you have a great team, a team that has a chance to three p to do something historic. How do you balance that with your own personal wants of wanting to play more rather than being a guy that comes off the bench for the best team in baseball?
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know it just knowing the what's my job is? You know, and in spring training that already told me what my job is going to be, whether I make the team, you know, coming over here, I know, I wasn't going to be playing a lot or no, I wasn't going to be playing every day and stuff like that. But my job is to get ready prepared. It just for any situation that they need me. I'm there, you know, and I've been taking advantage of the situations that I've been playing. And you know, just like I told people, you know, how can I add a little bit to a winning championship team?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 13: How can I add? How can I?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 15: And I feel like my defense, a little bit of offense and stuff like that, it's something that adds to a to a winning championship team. You know, maybe you know, moving the guy over, you know, doing the doing the little things right.
Speaker 6: Hey, Santiago Espinal, Mookie Bets sat back to back home runs this year.
Speaker 10: So don't short change yourself.
Speaker 15: No, no, no, no, no, no no. You know, we just got there, just working, working.
Speaker 6: Hey, Santiago Espinal, it seems like there was never a doubt that you were coming back.
Speaker 10: Am I gathering that correctly?
Speaker 6: Even if Keik stayed healthy, you were coming back some way somehow.
Speaker 13: Uh you know. I I was thinking about that for sure.
Speaker 15: I was looking for an opportunity where you know, obviously I wanted to play more and stuff like that. But you know, the Dodgers really call me right away when kiky stuff happened.
Speaker 13: They told me the doors are open.
Speaker 8: We get it.
Speaker 15: We understand that you have probably other opportunity and stuff like that, you know, but the doors are open for you to come back over here if you want to.
Speaker 13: And you know, it was an easy decision for me.
Speaker 15: Also, my wife is pregnant, so we're expecting the next month, so we were already in LA. We were already making plans for the baby to be in La too as well, So you know, it was an easy decision for me to stay here too.
Speaker 10: Well, congratulations to you and your wife.
Speaker 6: Are you trying to make it a surprise or do you know if it's a boy or girl.
Speaker 13: It's a girl. It's a girl.
Speaker 10: That's great. A girl.
Speaker 13: Dad, Yeah, go that it's going to be amazing.
Speaker 10: Yes, it will be.
Speaker 6: Santiago Espinal is our guest. So you're back in LA. You're back on this team that has a chance to do something historic. But you guys have to navigate the regular season. How are you guys treating each game like it matters? But also understanding there's a bigger goal in mind.
Speaker 15: Of course, I feel like the we can't focus what's going to happen in the future. You know, I think we were very present of what we have right now, and you know, that's winning games. You know, today's a new opportunity to win another game and then go back to home and then you know, win another series. So you know, but we can't focus on what happens in the future. But right now, we just focus in the present and that that is today's game. Today we got to go out there and compete.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 6: Thank you for the time. You're fitting in perfectly. That's what all the guys say. You got to be where your feet are.
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, you say, that's all it is.
Speaker 10: Santiago Espinal.
Speaker 6: Everybody's happy that you found your way back to the Dodgers. Thanks for the time and keep it going.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: There he is the man future girl Dad.
Speaker 6: Santiago Spinal has been our guest, and he'll receive a gift card to Capitol Grill and Burbank Stylish Foods, Stylish Vibes, and Santiago Espinal might be celebrating something soon.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 4: Congratulations to Santiago and his wife on their upcoming birth of their daughter. Welcome to the Girl Dad club.
Speaker 5: A leading you have to.
Speaker 4: First pitch Dodgers and a White Sox from Chicago. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim kateson the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Hits the Dodgers and the White Sox. First pitch of Chicago is coming up at one ten and.
Speaker 3: Now before the Dodgers hit the Dinet, we look at the pitching matchup brought.
Speaker 5: To you buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 4: Sean Burke on the mound for Chicago, twenty six year old right hand three and three with the three eighty eight era, third round pick of the Chicago White Sox in twenty twenty one out of the University of Maryland, his third year in the Big league's fastball, knuckle, curve, slider, sinker ball, making his eleventh start his fourteenth appearance, last time out, four and a third innings, three runs, three hits, seven strikeouts, five walks, and he got the win over the Phillies. He owns a two nineteen ERA with a one forty three opponents batting average and fourteen strikeouts. Over his last two home Stars. He's limited right headed hitters this year to a two sixteen batting average. This is the second time facing the Dodgers. He saw them last year Dodger Stadium. As the bulk inning guy, coming in the second inning, he actually goes six innings, one run, six hits, five strikeouts.
Speaker 5: And in no decision.
Speaker 4: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers six and four, two sixty eight ERA, twenty seven year old right hander making his thirteen start this season last time out, eight innings, one run, two hits, four strikeouts. He got the win over the Angels. He got some run support. Finally, He's won his last three Stars. In fact, Yamamoto in his last four starts is three in one with a sub one ERRA and has allowed just one run in his past eighteen and a third innings pitched. In his last four outings, he's held opponents to a one to seventy batting average while posting a zero point seven to seven whip, and has struck out twenty five batters while walking just five. He has faced the White Sox one time in the Big leagues July first, last year. Seven innings. He gave up just one run on three hits while striking out eight in a win over the White Sox. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Sean Burke the pitching matchup Game two of this three game weekend set from Rayfield in Chicago. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch in the South side.
Speaker 5: Keys to the game are coming up next. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 4: This is the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deap.
Speaker 1: On your Home for the Blue all season long long.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Chicago White Sox. Game two of these three game set. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Sean Bert the pitching matchup. The White Sox by the wave now won three in a row, six of the last ten, and they find themselves a half game up over Cleveland in the AL Central as they sit at thirty seven and thirty one, the Dodgers forty four and twenty six. They are still eight games up on the Padres, eight and a half up on the Arizon the Diamondbacks. Both these Snakes and the Padres inaction at the same time as the Dodgers. The Padres and Baltimore taken on the O's and the Diamondbacks will be in Cincinnati getting ready to square off against the Reds.
Speaker 5: As we get you ready for.
Speaker 4: The start of the game with the Sapporo Start great Moments. Start with the Sporo Beer at whatever your taste preference to. Poro Beer has you covered with a variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. The Poro Good Wi Sushi great with baseball. All right, let's head back out to the booth one final time. Tim Neverrick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thank you very much for getting you ready for this one. This afternoon, the game in Chicago, the Dodgers in the White Sox, Dodgers trying to even the series at a game apiece. Oshinobo Yamamoto pitched well against the White Sox last year, went seven innings allowed, just one run in a win, and his last start against the Angels, he went.
Speaker 11: Eight innings and allowed just one run.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts saying a little while ago, he's expecting some depth from him today, six to seven, maybe even eight.
Speaker 9: In Yeah, it would be nice. The bullpen doesn't have all the wheels on the track at the present time. They went from being absolutely incredibly successful too now it's a little bit of a muddy field. But for Yamamoto, you look at the last four starts. Now he's three and one with an ERA of zero point nine and nine, so he's lowered the ERA in that period of time considerably. And one thing about Yamamoto, really, both of these pitchers today, when they get ahead in accounts, they've been very successful. One thirty eight average when Yamamoto's ahead in the count to the batters, and for Burke just a one seventy one batting average when he gets ahead.
Speaker 8: In the count.
Speaker 9: But for Burke, still looking for his first win at home, he's owing two in an ERA about four.
Speaker 2: And he hasn't had a win here since last June twenty fifth, almost a year. He's owing five in that stretch. Sean Burke Yoshinobu Yamamoto. That's the pitching matchup is the Dodgers looked to even things up with the White Sox here this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, first pitch coming up right around the corner.
Speaker 5: Sean Burke toes the rubber.
Speaker 4: When we come back, Yoshinobi Yamamoto on the mound, and show hey Otani is back in the lineup for the Dodgers, where he belongs atop of the lineup and leading off as.
Speaker 5: You're designated to hit er. Don't forgetting this game is over.
Speaker 4: David Vassi has got your cover with all the post game including Dodger talk as well. Enjoy everybody, Dodgers and White Sox on the South side of Chicago. Next, I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network