Speaker 1: Kfan welcome some great shows to target Field this year. Tim McGraw will be there August twenty third, and my Chemical Romance will be there on August twenty four. I get the complete details on all of our upcoming shows at the concert page at KFE and dot com.
Speaker 2: Just make the keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: And I must mentioned it's not just Tim mc graw because the Dixie Chicks are on that show as well. Just known as the Chicks now. But that is a great band. Go see that, Go see it, go see it. Go support live music.
Speaker 4: Man, especially if you're up in war Road. Do we go to war Road? We have a station in War Road?
Speaker 1: We just actually want Is that right now? That's nogge? Man, may look it up here real quick.
Speaker 4: Meet the midge.
Speaker 2: Your bike's on.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with the midge?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what it is, but we do. I think they just added it.
Speaker 4: Not so well, maybe it's Kwar k War.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. That's pretty good man, you're listening to but wow, no, he laughed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's that guy.
Speaker 2: That guy, that guy to say, if that's the.
Speaker 5: We're just randomly talking about, somebody goes, yeah, what you just said that you can't say that.
Speaker 3: Remember he had maybe insinuated it earlier, and he just took him a while. He just finally said, you gotta give him time, give him a few weeks. Let's just say it.
Speaker 6: He just drops how much lower about himself? I know he does, and we're still surprised after all this time. You can still shock us.
Speaker 4: He tells on himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah he does, he does, he does, he confesses priest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we need to have a little booth in here for him.
Speaker 4: But one of these new studios is the booth. By the way, I made some lasagna. I heat it up some.
Speaker 2: Thank god, I'm not in that.
Speaker 4: Have you guys used the I Have you guys used the new microwave down there?
Speaker 2: No? No, no yet.
Speaker 4: It took me, and this is not.
Speaker 3: An exaggeration, about four minutes to figure out how to get my lasagna out of there. There's a lock on the door. Why does a microwave need a lock? Yeah, so the kiddies can't get in there. I don't know, I don't know. It's the weirdest thing. I've never known a microwave to have a lock, But it took me forever. There's a every If you put it in there, hit start, it'll cook. But then you have to find the unlocked but unlocked the door. I almost tore the front of that thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was hungry. Yeahs though.
Speaker 4: Man, you can't have warm lasagna smell and not get in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Button bar, That's what I'm saying. Somebody pray.
Speaker 3: All right, we better get to the uh the fan five because we got Tom Pelliser in about fourteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, it's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Falls. I love my Saints. I love my Saints.
Speaker 3: Saints baseball dot Com shs Field tonight. I believe it's a seven oh seven start. I believe I should look that up.
Speaker 5: You go ahead, six, I think, Yeah, we're going tonight. Yeah you're what, Yeah, we're going to it's the iHeart bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know I can't go to lou Dogs going. I would love to go.
Speaker 3: I cannot go. I have I have things I have to do with the chantas and dinner theater.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh hell, I'm doing two more walk ons again in June. I'm excited about Sweet three guys and dolls. Yeah, I got sized up from my outfit history to zoot suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell yeah, good for you man.
Speaker 5: Uh. The Dodgers won seven to nothing over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: Why am I bringing this?
Speaker 4: Why in the sweet hell are you bringing that up?
Speaker 2: A couple of reasons.
Speaker 5: He went six innings, scattered two hits, no earned runs, struck out six, one walk. He also went three or four at the plate. He is, uh to see here. He's the best. He's the best player to ever play baseball, NA easily easily.
Speaker 2: He's six and two hockey. What is his.
Speaker 4: E r A? It's the earned run average?
Speaker 5: What is the number, though, brilliant? One hundred, zero point seven to four. That's better than an MLB the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you literally can't do that.
Speaker 5: Zero point seven four. I think it's the you're talking. Yes, I think it's something like I saw in ESPN.
Speaker 2: It's the third best through ten starts. Zero point seven four. Okay. He also went three for four in the game.
Speaker 4: You need to relax.
Speaker 2: I can't. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: And Brutus said he wouldn't fit on this roster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, because he's huge.
Speaker 6: That's the all time preposteros statement. All the statements all time. That's the number one seed right now.
Speaker 5: I know, Oh my god, that was so bad that he's the best player to ever play base.
Speaker 6: It's not even close. Are we are lucky to be watching this guy right now?
Speaker 5: He's won multiple m vps and he's gonna win the Sium.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nobody's We've never seen anything like this before. I mean in almost any sport. Yeah, it's unbelievable. Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Uh, I have to be honest. It's almost underreporting it is.
Speaker 2: It plays on the West Coast, he plays it late, you know.
Speaker 3: But he is on the Dodgers, Like, yeah, but Tommy has sorter George seevers.
Speaker 6: It's one of those things like Lebron, I feel like where he's been doing it so consistently, so consistently for so long that we just don't even care anymore, and we act like it's normal.
Speaker 5: And it's not normal. Off for them. Yeah, he's the best fit for five home runs and stole fifty bases last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, while he was hurt, by the way, while he wasn't even while he was recovering from Tommy Johnes, my god.
Speaker 4: I love the number four. It's a turkey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: From Jimmy Johns. Yeah, oh, Jimmy Johns Whales. I would get that right now.
Speaker 4: He's not recovering from Jimmy John's.
Speaker 5: Well played Tommy Johns. Max just can't fully open his mouth. I don't rip for that. The Knicks ended the game last night on an eleven point run to steal Game one of the NBA Finals one oh five ninety five over the Spurs. Brunson was banged up a lot. He had thirty candid eighteen and twelve boards. Karl Anthony Towns has twenty three double doubles over the last two postseasons.
Speaker 2: That's off the top of my head.
Speaker 5: The Knicks have won twelve straight playoff games, Maxo.
Speaker 2: Game two is tomorrow at seven thirty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we talked about a little bit earlier. I got the actual stat now. Two for twelve was Victor Wenbinyama when Karl Anthony Towns was guarding him. It's just absolutely incredible what Kat's been able to do. I mean, he's a guy that when I mean when he left town here because of the end of that playoff run, a lot of people were kind of like, all right, Sea, you know, but he's he's absolutely reinvented himself for the New York Knicks, specifically in this playoff run, he's become one of their primary playmakers. I mean, not just doing the things that we know Kat can do as a big man getting and obviously he's going to I mean just ask him that. He says he's the best big man shooter of all time, but he's been, he's been aside from Jalen Brunton, he's their primary playmaker on that team, and the Knicks man, they're one of the only teams in the NBA that had as much depth as the San Antonio Spurs, and I think maybe the experience factor came in to play a little bit there because they kind of weather the storms throughout that throughout that matchup last night, and it was just it was really a back and forth affair, and we talked about it. Jalen Brunson was pretty brutal one through three, and then he came through a fifteen points and hit two really clutch shots towards the end there to put him over the top.
Speaker 2: It's gonna it's gonna keep. It's gonna be a really good match up.
Speaker 6: I don't think the Knicks are gonna run away with it or anything. But I don't think anyone expect them to steal Game one in San Antonio on.
Speaker 4: The rest thing any factor at all? Were they more?
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously they had seventeen months off in between games.
Speaker 2: I can help.
Speaker 6: They literally said last night they've beat They've played four games in the last twenty three days or something like that.
Speaker 2: That was correct.
Speaker 5: The last game they lost was one oh nine one o eight playoff game against the Hawks wise draft night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whoa, it was a long long time ago.
Speaker 5: And like they I mean, they beat the Hawks in the last two games of that series, one fourteen to ninety eight, one twenty six ninety seven and then one forty eighty nine. They they obviously swept the Sixers. They just destroyed the Sixers one forty four to one fourteen in Game four of that series.
Speaker 3: Even after watching last night, if you had to put money on it, your life was on the line, who would you take New York.
Speaker 2: They're a better team, They're they're older, they're loaded. Wait, and they just score in waves.
Speaker 4: They're one game change in mind that much.
Speaker 2: Well, they've won twelve straight.
Speaker 4: Yes, No, but you said, didn't you say? Yesterday? The senator, you're.
Speaker 2: Wearing a Spurs shirt.
Speaker 4: Well, you're wearing Spurs on your tennis shoes as well, which is a weird move.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing flip flops.
Speaker 5: I don't know, it's I like, you know, I like you guys, don't the sheriff it down.
Speaker 2: I liked to Hiah a lot.
Speaker 6: And they can match the Spurs toughness because it's not just that the Spurs went seven games with okay See, but that was a super physical series. I mean, that's kind of the way to beat okay See is to out muscle them in this and the Knicks are one of the only teams that can kind of meet them, you know, muscle for muscle. But I still if I, you know, gun to my head. I don't know why a gunman would point a gun to my head and ask me to pick the NBA finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just have beef. I guess.
Speaker 6: I would still probably pick the Spurs just because they have the best player on the floor, and that's just how the NBA works sometimes.
Speaker 2: That's what I would do.
Speaker 1: The guns stay attached to your head throughout the entire playoff run until we find.
Speaker 4: It's going to be really to come back.
Speaker 2: The door. I feel like you should probably leave my apartment building. You should probably report.
Speaker 3: That well, and you think somebody notice, like, why does that guy have a gun to his Maxis head?
Speaker 4: We should call the coppers.
Speaker 2: I don't think that would help. I think it would go viral. Gun to head Cam. I need to go to playing pairs and you.
Speaker 1: Know, hoping rooting because obviously if you know your team loses and what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's over.
Speaker 5: The Vegas Knights leave the Stanley Cup Final one nothing after they won Game one five four. Game two is tonight at seven o'clock. And you can hear that right here on Is that right?
Speaker 1: That's right Johnny Foresland doing a great job.
Speaker 7: On the robots been removed. Yeah, yeah, that's five. Jesus, Yeah, this is game two. This is uh what hockey and what sports is all about?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm all about yeah, wow, Jesus. I mean I don't know, I got distracted. Uh no, the the Hurricanes, I mean, this is this is going to be a great opportunity for them to respond. But the Golden Knights, uh were the eventually the better team. Hurricanes have come out of the gates flying the gold Knights closed. We'll see if the Hurricanes can keep the gold Knights from closing. They've got a great team, great goaltending. But uh thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Here we're saying, here's one of my favorite things about this show, and I'm all for it because it's the greatest job I'll ever have.
Speaker 2: In the day that descends, I'll be devastated.
Speaker 5: One of the bits is you guys call out my errors when I do my sports right. Of course, it's just the bit rights. It's mostly gremlin man. But yesterday this shows how little any of us care. Okay, yesterday I said the World Cup starts tomorrow, meaning today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys next week.
Speaker 4: Screwed on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did you bet on it?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: I asked.
Speaker 4: My good friend Andy if he was in town yet came a week.
Speaker 2: One person was like, that's next week. I knew it was next week, but I'm like, who cares?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, none of our listeners knew.
Speaker 1: And I saw, like enough correction. I saw yesterday afternoon on Twitter like Team Germany getting on a plane or whatever to go play. I'm like, getting man, they just they're buying in the night before they forgot.
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember like fifteen years ago.
Speaker 5: I watched it with a couple of guys that were really into it.
Speaker 2: It's got its moments.
Speaker 4: If you've had a couple couple of pops, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the France versus Argentina one and the last World Cup was one of the best sporting Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was what's his face?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Zimbap and Messi and it was just awesome. I mean it's the two, it's the two guys on the bill and they both scored three goals, you know, like it, It's incredible.
Speaker 5: People were like, this is a tough day for people who say soccer sucks.
Speaker 2: That was one out of membery that's shut shut up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, watch the Loon. Yeah yeah, no one cares. Yeah, so it'll be fun. But that starts a week from today, not today that you really got me there, well, but normally Corey shows how little Key cares.
Speaker 2: And I don't blame him.
Speaker 3: He was already in Vegas yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's such a good impression. It is.
Speaker 4: It sounds just like him. People think he's here today. Level thinks he's in studio.
Speaker 9: Lavelle done that. It's not bad. You didn't, okay, listen, straighten up. I am Tom Pelliser is going to.
Speaker 4: Join us next.
Speaker 3: You can watch him on KFE dot com slash watch if you want to see what it looks like, see what his backyard looks like. In his backside, I guess geez, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If you'll stand up, you might.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to see what his hair looks like because we around this time of year.
Speaker 2: He'll just stop cutting it. Yeah, he doesn't care.
Speaker 6: If Tom cheeked up, though, I am curious about his back side.
Speaker 5: Good question, quicker, we'll find out next A twirl Tom relax at.
Speaker 4: Ship Morning Show breaking down Sports. I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Keep listening for the next chance to win your way to our iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capital.
Speaker 4: One this September. Coming back to law Speed.
Speaker 3: All Right, it is eight twenty one and you tuned into the Powates of Morning Show because we are your leader of all things sports.
Speaker 4: I mean we got to cover like a blanket.
Speaker 3: Sure we talk about NBA stuff and hockey stuff, but when it comes down to it, ladies and gentlemen, we're your home of football football man, not just any football. Minnesota Vikings Football and Golden Go for football as well. We talked a lot of Golden Go football this morning with Yeah we did former Golden Go for great yes and talented Tommy Wilson.
Speaker 4: But right now we bring into the fold. Our friend Pilsero of the NFL networked, Hi, Tom, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing fantastic, look at you. Wonderful to be here.
Speaker 4: It's good to see your face.
Speaker 2: Good Tom, good to see you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for agreeing to join us in non football season. But now I guess the football season is always.
Speaker 8: It really is the fact that I can be on a golf course on June first, when one of the biggest trades in NFL history gets finalized. There's really no break. You think you're safe, and then boom, Yeah, Miles Garrett's traded to the.
Speaker 4: Rams, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: You're right there, Rush Creek, right there Maple Grove and broadcasting to the world in the NFL network to break down that train.
Speaker 4: Were you shocked as it seemed you were by that trade.
Speaker 8: Well, not shocked, because you know it had been in the works. They've been talking for weeks and I had known for a couple of days that it was going to take place.
Speaker 2: You know, there was some timing issues that went into it.
Speaker 8: Obviously you got multiple players involved and need to be informed. Well, it came right down to it, you know, it actually made sense. Yeah, you don't have a two time defensive Player of the Year coming off the single season sack record get traded very often, but Miles Garrett was not going to be the difference between the Browns winning the Super Bowl or not in twenty twenty six. They kind of started this organizational reset in twenty twenty five with some of the moves they made. They had a really good draft class last year, but they don't know if they have a quarterback yet. It's gonna be Deshaun Watson, Shad or Sanders competing. You know, the odds would point toward they're going to be in the market for a quarterback in twenty twenty seven. Now by trading Garrett, you know, they get an extra first round pick next year, so they got amo to move up in the draft. They get future picks too, a second in twenty twenty eight and the third and twenty twenty nine, which also could be used as potential trade chips. And you get a guy in Jared Verse who's a twenty four year old star edge. He's not Miles Garrett, but he's a really, really good player. It was once once the Rams were willing to give up Verse, that's where things accelerated. And so really by Saturday it was coming down. It was supposed to hold until Monday night, which is why I felt safe being on the golf course. And then what do you know, the time he changed a little bit and I was like thirteen holes in dealing with it out on the course.
Speaker 5: When you look at that trade and then you I know they're not the same player, but then you look at like the Jonathan Grenard trade, do you think the Vikings could have gotten a little more than two third round picks. I know they're not the same player. I know they're not in the same boat, but they played the same position. And you know, Jonathan Garnard when he's healthy, is a very good football player.
Speaker 8: He is, but he wasn't healthy last year and he wanted a raise. And the Vikings are trying to, you know, reset their cap because of heavy spending cash spending in recent years, which also then stresses your salary cap. They had a player who again wanted more money coming off of an injured year, which is generally I mean, it's not impossible, but you know, generally speaking, teams don't like to do that. And then you know the fact that you get the extra draft capital. I mean, look at all the you know, the draft picks that they had this past year and also now allowed into twenty twenty seven. All that led them to, you know, believe that that trade made sense. There's been other pass rushers, you know, guys in the front. I mean, Brian Burns went a couple of years ago from the Panthers to the Giants, and there was not a first round pick involved in that trade. You know, certainly I've heard that argument. You could have gotten more from him, but like there wasn't a huge market for Jonathan Grenard. It was really tradeing for the Eagles or don't trade them for where the Vikings were. They decided that this was the right move again as they tried to get their cash and cap spending back within reason. I credit honestly, I credit Rob Brazinski for a lot of things over the past several months.
Speaker 2: He was in a really unique position.
Speaker 8: It would have been easy for him to say, hey, this is my one shot to be the GM. I'm gonna make some bold trade. I'm gonna, you know, bring on you know, you know, bring in veteran players here. Really, he approached it like he was, you know, going to be there for the long haul, and he was setting up the vikings one way or another where the right thing to do was to you know, cut down the cast spending, get the salary cap back in line. So whoever took over as the GM was walking into a better situation, they accomplished that. And Rob, you know, it's going to be a big part of this thing from everything that they've said moving forward.
Speaker 3: Before we move on to Nolan Teasley, I'm glad I remember to finally ask you this question. You know, something that's been interesting to me. For a guy whose team did very well on the field, Nobody out there, as far as I've heard, has said Quasy got a raw deal. I would expect somebody who had the kind of success he had to have at least a few people come out of the woodwork and say, why'd they fire him? Why didn't they give him more of a chance. Have you heard that? And I just haven't heard it?
Speaker 2: Certainly. Oh faire, hold on where your microphone? Tom? Did you hit something. Yeah, it sounds like no, somebody else get treated.
Speaker 4: It sounds like me.
Speaker 3: He's better on the golf course. He's better when he's on the golf course. It's non Yes, it's it's in your so beautiful headphones.
Speaker 4: Got it got a virus. He's got a virus. Yeah, why he looks He looks fine to me. And I don't think. I don't think thinking. He's got one finger up, that's the wrong finger. Don't point that thing at us, you hear me?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, okay, sorry, now back to that microphone.
Speaker 8: No, listen, I would say this, I certainly don't put whatever failures existed, you know, for the Vikings in recent years, all on on Quaysy's plate. He was in a really challenging situation, you know, for as as young and relatively inexperienced as he was to take the job and three months later be running, you know, his first draft. I mean, that's that's an uphill battle to climb from go. You know, there were things that they did well over those four years. They did win, you know, upwards of sixty percent of their games, so they went to the playoffs twice. There's not many gms who get fired with that type of resume. But obviously the wils came to the conclusion that they did that this just was not, you know, the right set up for what they needed.
Speaker 2: And so you saw it.
Speaker 8: Honestly, through the GM process, they've really honed in on people with strong scouting backgrounds. That's what they felt that they were lacking. They were probably candidly some redundancies between quacy skill set and Rob's skill set.
Speaker 2: When you're talking about two guys who.
Speaker 8: Come from quantitative backgrounds and so naturally those things are going to clash at times, and they didn't feel like they necessarily had we got a lot of stuff going on here, did not necessarily have you know, the correct setup. So I don't know that it's so much about Quacy getting a raw deal. Certainly if you look at the you know, the wins and losses on paper and the timing of things, that part was surprising to people. But this this seems to me, you know, less about Quasy, less about you know, personalities or specific moves. Everybody wants to point to the quarterback last year. Then the Vikings kind of recalibrating and saying, you know what, we just we don't have the right combination forget people of skill sets running the organization.
Speaker 4: Right now, So tell us about Nolan's easily.
Speaker 2: Nolan.
Speaker 8: I've known Nolan since his early days in the NFL. He started out as a as an intern with the Seahawks back in twenty thirteen. He is as anybody who watched the press conference yesterday, that's him. I mean, he is very you know, direct and to the point. He is a very steady type of personality. The fact that press conference was you know, so concise, so grounded. I think that was a really good example of what you know, Nolan brings to the table. It's not, you know, a lack of passion, the fact that you know, you're not going to get a ton of you know, necessarily all the time, a ton of you know, smiles or whatever it is out of him here. He is a very driven guy. He's just, you know, he he has that that type of a personality that I think is going to be good within the organization. You know, you don't go from intern to assistant GM in a twelve year span without a great deal of ability. John Schneider, who is one of, if not the top general managers in the NFL, a two time Super Bowl winner with two completely different teams in Seattle. You know, he groomed Nolan all along to kind of be, you know, be a future GM. And one of the things that John does really well is he allows you know, his deputies in that department to have a feel and touch a lot of different aspects of the organization so that you don't just understand, Okay, your laying is pro scouting, You're gonna learn pro scouting. It's also we're gonna expose you to draft meetings. We're gonna expose you to the salary cap and operations and all those different things. And so they've got a lot of good people in that building. Nolan is certainly very well qualified for this position. I thought that the Vikings as much of a you know, a winding process as they ran to get to it, they ended up with good candidates in the end. I know Read Berkhart from the Broncos, who had been with the Vikings before, was a really good candidate. Terrence Gray, his in person interview from what I understood, was really strong as well. But Nolan's well rounded skill set, you know, slides in perfectly or what the Vikings want you know the fact that he can lean on Rob in the administrative areas, lean on Kevin obviously for coaching, and then also no people. You know, it's an everything John did really has done really well for close to two decades in Seattle, which is, you know, you're a team in the front office. You're not just siloed doing your own thing. It's you know, the the amount of time that those guys spend together, both in the building and away from the building is really important. And so I anticipate that Nolan's going to you know, take because he's in a unique situation. I mean there's there's not free agency, there's not the draft, so you're at next eight months.
Speaker 2: Besides, obviously you.
Speaker 8: Know, looking at cut down, looking at trade opportunities and things like that. You're really being able to evaluate the entire building, not just the roster, evaluate everybody, give people, you know, a chance to see what they can do. A lot of times gms come in and you know, initially you'll make some moves in the front office, and then after the draft you might move on from a bunch of scouts. This time around, you're going to be able to have exposure to how all these guys work and how they go through a call scouting season.
Speaker 2: There are advantages to it.
Speaker 8: It's not great that you have, you know, only so much you can do with the roster in the short term here for twenty twenty six, But in terms of having a little bit more time, it's almost like a free year for Nolan to come in evaluate everybody, see who fits into the culture of the way that he wants to build it in concert with Kevin and Rob and go from there.
Speaker 5: Tom pelisera on that note, he has no I mean he has a state because he's the GM.
Speaker 2: But like if they brought Rob back.
Speaker 5: Rob's been around this whole quarterback thing, right as you have reported in you are as. We've all noted pretty connected that it is a true competition. But now with Nolan here and not having like he doesn't have any connection to JJ McCarthy. He's you know, been a GM against the Arizona Cardinals being in Seattle, what do you think his opinion is and going to be on this quarterback competition with Carson Wentz, Kyler Murray and JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 8: Well, and start by saying this, it's been everything at least to the first two weeks of OTAs will split fifty to fifty between Kyler and JJ. So from the aspect of equal opportunity, rotating who goes first in drills and things like that, they've been on the same playing field so far with those two. Carson Wentz is in a different area here. He doesn't need a ton of reps. They know that he can come in with relatively little work and go out and function, and that's part of the reason that they brought him in. I would anticipate, you know, as soon as this week. I know the reporters will be out there at practice today. You may see the reps. It maybe evolve a little bit. I don't believe that Kevin needs to take this all the way through the third preseason game to determine his starting quarterback. You're gonna probably have a pretty good idea by the end of spring what direction this is going to go.
Speaker 2: JJ's made strides.
Speaker 8: I think everybody who's watched him throw you can see mechanically he looks a little bit different that he has in the past. Kyler comes in as just you know, he's a baller man like you've known it. You know, the off schedule things that he is capable of doing. You got to find out he can consistently play the position the way that the Vikings want him to in terms of playing.
Speaker 2: On time and being a good decision maker.
Speaker 8: You know, Kyler has not been coached like this in the past, and that's not a shot at anybody who's coached him, but.
Speaker 2: The way that Kevin, you know, approaches that.
Speaker 8: Position, not just scheme wise, but just the mentality of it and kind of how he breaks guys down and gives them, you know, is able to kind of spoon feed them what they need to be able to do. You Know, everybody talks about Sam Darnold and how great he played. Kevin never went into a game that season in twenty twenty four going all right, Sam, you got to go out and win.
Speaker 2: There. For us, it's it was, Hey, you're going to have.
Speaker 8: To make four or five above the line throws in a given game. Everything else, just take the easy wins, stay on schedule. We're going to move the football. Then yeah, a few times in the game, you're going to have to make that hard throw. So Kyler, who's always been able to make the spectacular but has not always consistently made the simple play that's the thing that they have to figure out exactly how well he's going to adapt. They're getting a feel of it through the OTAs. Again, I would imagine you're going to start to see the reps perhaps change a little bit here over these next couple of weeks as they hone in on, you know, what their plan is going to be going to training camp. But if you're Nolan walking in the door to this, you can take a fresh eye to the position. It's not ideal that you haven't been around the entire spring, that you weren't there in free agency or the draft, but certainly you have you know, you have multiple options in the room, and you've got, you know, potentially some things that you can look at doing here depending how this thing goes. And I'm not saying this, I don't know what direction they're going to go as you get closer to the season. But let's say Kyler wins the job, which if you had to lean one way or another sitting right here, I would say I would lean toward Kyler is the starting quarterback. You know, do you have JJ as the backup? Do you potentially look to trade him while there's still some intrigue within the league, and you might, you know, be able to get more for him with two years left on his rookie contract than with one year left. Those are all things that I would think, you know, you're going to talk through. I know that Kevin doesn't want to give up. He said in himself in the past that organizations fail young quarterbacks before young quarterbacks fail organizations. At some point, though, you're gonna have to make business decisions. And now you have somebody who has been a part of multiple quarterback decisions. I mean, think what Seattle has been through just in the past couple of years. Nolan wasn't there when they drafted Russ, but he was there when they moved on from Russ, and he was in on all those conversations when they traded him to Denver, and then when they decided, you know, to bring in Drew Locke to compete with Gino, and Gino ends up getting the job in Parker's Locke had he had COVID or something that there was some type of deal that happened there, and you know, Gino ends up being the quarterback. And then a couple of years later they offered Gino a raise. He doesn't like the offer, so they trade him and bring in Darnold. They've been very nimble in how they've approached that position. I would think that you take a similar type of a lens here in that. In that regard, I think Kevin and Nolan are going to be aligned with how they look at this thing because both teams have won a lot of games with different quarterbacks. It does not have to be a quarterback centric. You got Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen and the entire world revolves around them. You can get by with different types of players. If you're really good on defense, you've got good weapons, and if you can run the football. Seahawks just won a Super Bowl with that formula, and I know Sam played well. I'm taking nothing away from him. He wasn't great in the Super Bowl, but they ran the crap out of the ball and they kick the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Butts on defense.
Speaker 8: I mean, you can win at a really high level playing that style. So I would imagine that they're going to be looking at all of this, and there's probably a pretty decent reality that depending on what happens with Kyler. Knowing that he has a no tag clause and controls his own future, in twenty twenty seven. It's entirely possible that the quarterback one season from now, in twenty twenty seven isn't even on the roster today.
Speaker 6: Wes Hey, Tom max Here aka Max Kiel O'Neil aka FRELB Bryant, forgive me theddiction of Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: Right now, because I'm healing a broken jaw.
Speaker 6: Just a second ago, before you joined us, we were talking about potential sleeper teams in the NFL, and a lot of us kind of were in agreement that the Vikings could be a lot of people's sleeper team heading into the season. Maybe this year is like Carolina Panthers, per se to just kind of surprise a lot of people that we're not on a lot of people's radar. I'm curious to hear, you know, seeing how free agency has shaken out so far and everything, what teams do you think are are your sleeper teams heading in the season, early early on in the in this offseason.
Speaker 8: Well, it's funny for you to say that they could be this year's Carolina Panthers when I think it's easier to forget the Vikings had a better record than the Panthers. Last season, the Panthers won the division and eight and nine got in the vikings, have a you know, five game winning straight at the end of the year and go nine to eight and missed by a half a game. That's kind of the you know, the nature of the NFL is some of it is circumstantial. You know, It's that's why you got to be processed driven, that results driven, because otherwise you're sitting there going, hey, we won the division.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, you got yeah work to do. You know. Beyond that, I know that Carolina certainly is not immune.
Speaker 8: To that, but certainly, I mean I think that there's there's entry are on the vikings nationally, but they were, you know, a team that missed the playoffs a year ago, and if you were stacking them up right now, I think a lot of people would put them forth out of four. And I'm sure if Kevin O'Connell's listening, here's me say that, he's like, hell yeah, put us forth. Love it, you know, just absolutely overlook us once again. We're gonna come out, We're gonna win games, because that's what we do every single season. I mean, in terms of you know, other teams. You know, I think there's gonna be a lot of focus on the Giants. I wouldn't call him under the radar because they've got John Harbaugh there, but they, you know, put a lot of resources into that roster and obviously the coaching staff. I think that they're going to be a really fascinating team to watch and just see how good they potentially can be in twenty twenty six. I think the Falcons, I mean, they got a ton of talent on that team. It's the first year with Kevin Stefanski there. He's got a really good defensive coordinator in Jeff Oldbrick obviously brought over, you know, some of those guys like Tommy Reese from Cleveland. We got to figure out who the quarterback is going to be. Sitting here right now, and knowing Michael Pennick's junior is coming off of a tour, I would think I would lean that it's Tua coming out of the gate in Week one. But any team that's got Bijon Robinson and Drake London and Kyle Pitts and you know some of the parts that they have on defense and the way that they rush the passer a year ago. I think certainly they could be a team that, you know, potentially sneaks up on some people.
Speaker 2: I think in every team.
Speaker 8: We're not really talking about st the Colts. Yeah, Daniel Jones is going to be coming off of a tour Achilles, But I mean that was a team that before Daniel broke his leg, kept playing and then tore his achilles. Like they were seven and one out of the gate. They were eight and two at the bye. They swung the huge trade for Sauce Gardner, and then it just felt like everything that could go wrong did go wrong, including Daniel getting hurt and bringing in Philip Rivers, And I mean, you think of the chaos of it. Now we got to see and there's a recent track record of quarterbacks coming off Achilles from whether it's Rogers or Cousins, like it can take a while. We're going to get the real Daniel Jones. Whatever he's able to play, if that's September. He's certainly moving around well. It seems like it's tracking for him to have a chance to be ready Week one. Is he gonna be moving like himself. His athletic ability is a big part of his game. But if he gets rolling Man like. The Colts are a talented football team when you look at you know what they've built up. Resigning Alec Pierce was a big deal for him. They traded away Michael Pittman, but that opens the door for guys like Josh Downs to take her bigger role. Tyler Wardn was a Rookie of the Year candidate the first half of the season the tight end, you know, and then defensively they got a lot better with the trade for Sauce until you know, Sauce got hurt almost immediately. So there's a lot of there's exactly, there's a lot of things to like about the Colts in the division.
Speaker 2: Everybody can talk about the Jaguars and the Texans.
Speaker 8: Don't overlooked the Colts because you know, we're talking about them as being a Super Bowl contender with the potential MVP candidate the first half of last season till everything went sideways.
Speaker 3: You are the best, Tom Pelliserah, thank you for jumping on in the quote unquote offseason, and as always, thanks to our friends of Bellbank who aren't bringing you this time around, but they always bring you so we appreciate them as well. Tom, You're the best enjoy the rest of the offseason. Get back out on the golf course so we can hear more about big time trades. Seems like there's one.
Speaker 2: In the microphone and the microphone in the garbage too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you'll get a new one by time Caesars, so there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: You're the best.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Tom Fellow, See you, buddy.
Speaker 3: There he goes Tom Pusher, our friend, NFL expert. He's got all the info.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The JJ McCarthy thing was interesting.
Speaker 4: It was tell me why you said that.
Speaker 2: Because I.
Speaker 5: Said it on Monday. Was like, ye, you're out of your mind. I'm I think they're going to trade JJ McCarthy. I think once they realized Kyler Murray can run the offense, Carson Wentz can be the backup. When he was not banged up and didn't have you know, all of his shoulders cracked, he was good. He can win games.
Speaker 2: He knows the offense.
Speaker 5: I don't think McCarthy will be the backup or the third string quarterback.
Speaker 2: I think he will be traded. Wow, and Tom, you've.
Speaker 3: You've mentioned it twice today that Nolan's going to do something big when he gets You think that's he news.
Speaker 5: Nolan is the excuse, right, Nolan could say, yeah, we trade the guy now. We can trade him to a team like Pittsburgh, who's not going to be in the quarterback race. We can trade him to a team like I mean, he'd be the backup obviously to Justin Herbert, but a guy like Harbaugh who loves him. There's a I don't know. I just get the sense as we move along that he's going to be traded.
Speaker 6: Tom pointed to kind of his shrewdness with quarterbacks in the past and his ability to be like, all right, listen, if this isn't working out, let's let's find you a different place to or.
Speaker 5: Not, as he said, you're not going to trade him next year when he has one year left. I don't know, man, Well I've heard from a few people that, and obviously Tom's connected.
Speaker 2: He ain't just saying that now.
Speaker 4: And you know, again, there's a reason they brought Carson Wentz back.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: I like the intrigue. Yeah, man, boy boy, imagine if you're right, how much of a genius are going to look like?
Speaker 2: So proud of you all.
Speaker 3: I mean, it'd be great going on a limb, which is tough for you because you break a lot of tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, poor Anthony, Oh actual tree. Hold on, I don't know any of these things.
Speaker 4: Then you wanna do it?
Speaker 2: Well, I got one, I got a few of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead about headlines? Okay, good, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Now it's time for it takes, presented by All Around.
Speaker 4: Right right right.
Speaker 2: Is National Cheese Day.
Speaker 5: Fifty of Americans self identify as cheese obsessed.
Speaker 2: I love cheese.
Speaker 4: You am I obsessed? I mean, I mean I'm not just like not gambling level on it.
Speaker 2: Your MIC's on.
Speaker 5: What is the most cheese enthusiastic state.
Speaker 4: That's got.
Speaker 2: It is not? It is Wyoming. Yeah they look cheesy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The most popular types of cheese in the US are cheddar and mozzarella.
Speaker 2: You eat cheese, right, Zach? Oh? Of course? Okay, well I thought that.
Speaker 5: Was my You don't need no not jelly, but.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't eat like a Bismark donut with cream cheese or something?
Speaker 9: The in the are you working for the cheeseboard?
Speaker 4: And what's the promise you'll leave himlone?
Speaker 2: Hear you?
Speaker 10: What he wants? Mozzarella's in the top, not just pizza, pizza, pecha.
Speaker 2: And Montrella is on everything.
Speaker 4: Man, he eats that blank on everything. Uh.
Speaker 5: A report ranked America's eighty biggest cities from the most most to the least sweaty and seven of the tots had are in Florida.
Speaker 4: Humidity December.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's too much. It's too hot too. You can't go outside.
Speaker 4: You're so hot. You're like, please something eat me.
Speaker 5: You're a forty six year old cop in South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Female or male.
Speaker 5: Uh, that's a heat was arrested and fired after he pulled a gun on a fellow officer because the guy microwaved fish in the break room.
Speaker 4: Dude, let me tell you that is a fireball.
Speaker 10: Yeahhut off your gun and somebody needs a hole in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody needs a hole of Who did this stink?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Those are those are the only high school you're gonna have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't do that, especially now when it's so close to everything.
Speaker 2: Don't hot? Gross what we all heard you?
Speaker 5: Oh billy, you.
Speaker 2: Don't want the office to spell like fish?
Speaker 4: Well, no, gotta have some jokes that I want to go with, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna I'm not gonna know. Yeah, that's what I got an email. Those are the only good ones. You got an email? Wow, that was a quick email.
Speaker 4: That's from Roy. You know what the like don't work? Here worked? Is he telling my ceco?
Speaker 5: How quickly did he email you?
Speaker 4: The case unfortune? What he is? What the future?
Speaker 2: Did you say? He's a gay fortune teller? Looking at the crystal balls? Ros Come on, man.
Speaker 4: Come on, Rosie, tell me something I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you like boobies too much?
Speaker 4: Hi, I know, ros Yeah, go ahead it I turned out you were on the show.
Speaker 2: You said a gay fortune teller.
Speaker 4: He's happy. I'm talking like twenties and forties language here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a daddy.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: Thank you. A little late on the fortune road. Yeah, get it together, mister c Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 3: An auction of items from the life of iconic actress Marilyn Monroe brought in about two and a half million dollars on what would have been her hundredth birthday.
Speaker 2: Jes Wow.
Speaker 4: Monday's auction was made up of items taken from the estate of two of Monroe's closest friends, like the Christian Dior suit worn during her honeymoon with baseball star Joe Demajiu in nineteen fifty four that went for four hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Geez.
Speaker 3: Other items on the block included a pair of ear rings sold for three hundred and eighty five thousand dollars, a personal letter from playwright Arthur Miller as his marriage to Monroe was nearing its end, and letters from Monroe's psychiatrists were all sold.
Speaker 4: There you go one hundred years old.
Speaker 6: Man, wonder is it like private collectors or museums or yeah, I wonder, I wonder. It's kind of crazy that there's still stuff of hers that hasn't already been auctioned off at this point. Man, what a what an unfortunate life that she has no doubt about it? Man from very high highs, but also some really really low low tell.
Speaker 3: You there's there's some there's some moments on film where you can see that she sat, you know what I mean, Like even when she's smiling, then she looks away from the camera for a moment. You're like, oh no, baby, you know yea God, if I had been alive, I'd have been a good man for her.
Speaker 2: You say that about everyone, but it's true.
Speaker 4: I try to be a good man. Doesn't work, But I.
Speaker 3: Try if there's anything else of her being auctioned about.
Speaker 2: The Big Knockers, the Big Knockers knockers.
Speaker 4: No, they will.
Speaker 2: Not auction those Offsie. Did she die of a rug overdose?
Speaker 4: That's that's that's the rumor. Yeah, that's the rumor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they found a big empty sucks. They didn't find that on the I'm sorry, Rosie's reading fortunes again. Yeah, Rosie, Yeah, your phone's open. Yeah, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: Your phone.
Speaker 4: You got a flip phone?
Speaker 5: Yeah he does, he probably does. Yeah, he'll be here, uh so to speak you flip back his phone. He'll be here at thirteen days. The best is when Flip Saunders would call the hotline and just yell, oh my god, dude, you have no One. Time Corey and I were talking about some NBA trade and he literally called and said those two are bleeping idiots. And Hank goes, you want to go on the are He goes, bleep no and hung up.
Speaker 4: That's I'm so happy I answered the phone.
Speaker 2: He loved the fan.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is hockey, this is Flip Flip Saunders. Dude, how's it going?
Speaker 3: Tell those guys the radios what they're talking about, Yeah you want to come on the radio flow No, hung.
Speaker 1: Up out of context would be really funny, Like, you guys are idiots talk about basketball.
Speaker 3: I know we were on like a ten second to I don't know what the hell he was talking about that.
Speaker 5: It was some NBA trade, but he was. He had it like wired at his He loved the fan.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just can't imagine that these days, you know, like a furnt coach calling in and just.
Speaker 2: Show this is me too, my own horn.
Speaker 5: But he called into Barrero once and he was at the Masters and I was running the board for Guardsy and he was. He had like it had a couple and Barrero answers. He goes, what's up, Flip, and he turns around. He has this whole crowd start chanting meat sauce at the mask.
Speaker 2: It was great, dude. Yeah, he was great. I love Flip. He was such a good coach. He was a great, great dude. His son is also a plus. Ryan's an a plus human.
Speaker 6: To shout out a little Flip too, the rapper Yeah, and Rosie's phone yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Roses hanging on the maternity ward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where he's got he's got some things he wants to tell Zach about the future.
Speaker 2: The beaver inside Crystal dry Rosie Rose.
Speaker 4: Oh, well that's mean. You can tell it was nice.
Speaker 2: She's gonna be a big girl. There's four pages of rosty button bars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just wait till I'm done with the mel Yeah, it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be Kestler had some good ones last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gotta get to those.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office, I should have warrant for the arrest of San Francisco forty nine ers wide receiver Brandon Ayuk on a misterimeter charge of exhibition of speeding.
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard of this charge?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: He was obviously in a forty mile per hour zone and he was doing well more than that as he was filming himself in his Cadillac CT five V black Wing.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 4: That is a soweek.
Speaker 2: Come sounds like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So don't film yourself while speeding, I think is the idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He all he wanted to do was get paid. He got aid, and he never played. I don't think he's played since he got paid.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 4: Nymes? Like you're a poet.
Speaker 2: Thank you, you're welcome. Yeah, yeah, I appreciate it. Man Uh.
Speaker 3: And finally, a Ohio native is being credited with helping to gain control of an unruly pastor on board a Frontier Airlines flight this past weekend. Former m M A Fighter and O s U Grab John Longwood.
Speaker 2: Brother Yay.
Speaker 3: Was on a Sunday night flight from Puerto Rico Chicago, and another passenger reportedly tried to open an emergency exit door.
Speaker 4: Longwood stop. The man tracks.
Speaker 2: It's a graphic scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah you sure you want to jump out of his line?
Speaker 2: The plane not supposed to bring weapons on the plane. She's Longwood.
Speaker 3: Use a seatbelt, restrain him, you see about to restrain him until the UH people could get secure.
Speaker 4: Third hand ties. The plane was diverted.
Speaker 2: Chicago.
Speaker 4: Man, take it away. Well done, Longwood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done, Longwood, no problem.
Speaker 3: Well done to you guys, zach So Maxo Sasso you thank you, Tommy, thank you to you.
Speaker 2: Would say, prove.
Speaker 4: It, thank you. Tom said he's got a future. He's gonna he's gonna tell Tommy some stuff his future as well. For that's on Tomorrow's the initials game.
Speaker 3: Marnie and Perry and a cast o thousands.
Speaker 2: Oh she's filthy.
Speaker 4: I know she is. Marny is filthy right.
Speaker 3: Thanks for tuning in to our little part to the morning show. We appreciate the fact that we get to your little radio show for you and you tune in. See you tomorrow. I have a great day.
Speaker 4: Everybody goes down, especially your little Abigail steaming hands a running for day. I love your baby girl, by everybody.
Speaker 2: Calmuch do you say? I don't have to.
Speaker 3: I know what?
Speaker 4: Don okay? From the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by by the