Speaker 1: Treasure Island, November fifth and sixth Thursday Night's comedy show has reached capacity, but the wait lists it's still open, so make sure to listen to the Power Trip for chances to win your way in. You can also again join that waitlist at Tiagasino dot com and then you can be there Friday morning. No registration needed for that. For a live broadcast in a Vegas trip up for grabs details.
Speaker 2: At cafe dot com slash two five. That's right, twenty five years Who would.
Speaker 3: Have guessed it? Congrats on this sellout right away.
Speaker 2: I think it's pretty cool, right. Thank you to the listeners who always come through for Spook.
Speaker 1: That's so fun and uh people getting their rooms down there. Yeah, hell yeah, I'm gonna goot kfan for twenty percent on.
Speaker 3: You guys have been there a ton. Have you been to the swamp Bar because I have no no great setup? Yeah, no joke. Been to the Steakhouse too, I actually enjoyed the steakhouse is good? Yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Would you guys do a comedy show again?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, I think it one time.
Speaker 2: I'd like to do like.
Speaker 3: You could do your impression again do you want.
Speaker 2: To do it? Oh? Yeah, sorry, I forgot aw he sounded doing that. He go ahead, and I'm not doing That's how he did it the first time. Remember, yeah, he didn't do it the first time because he's a buttle. I love him, but he's a buttle.
Speaker 3: Doing that.
Speaker 2: What do you think of my my church challenge punishment? TOMMYO?
Speaker 3: I was, I was. I was actually in the asana, so I didn't listen.
Speaker 2: So my idea was, and I don't know if you heard it or not, but Corey said, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: So have to the ghost this year because we didn't do it last year.
Speaker 2: So whoever loses has to sign up for a take one class for one semester at a community college of their choice, but they have to do the whole class, and if they don't pass, they have to do the whole damn thing again.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds horrible.
Speaker 2: I know, it's a real punishment.
Speaker 3: God, I hate school. I just can't stand it.
Speaker 2: Oh, kids have a great last That would be awful. It'd be awful, that's why.
Speaker 4: But there would be though like the Hey sauce, Yeah, how was class last?
Speaker 3: I know That's what I'm saying. What did you learn? Some built in bits to there's a lot of them.
Speaker 5: It doesn't necessarily have to be night class, which we went like two fifty minute Tuesday Thursday, you know what I mean? You do like ten to eleven fifteen, like that won't be bad, and then you go grab lunch and then you call.
Speaker 2: It it a Hey, you meet some new friends made.
Speaker 3: What happened market volunteer?
Speaker 5: If you correct, If you guys went during the day, that would probably be way better because like then you want dreadit. Dread it because night class sounds great on paper, the one one class a week. When it comes and it's three hours long, no thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I took one of those at Normandale.
Speaker 4: Oh it's not real college, but it's as close to college as I got to college college.
Speaker 3: Three and a half hours and it was like, here's your professor. I don't know, didn't care. Was that before phones too? Thank you're sitting there board Yeah?
Speaker 2: Phones cell phones?
Speaker 3: God, no, you guys that if the cherry on.
Speaker 5: Top of me, if someone else had to pick the class you had to do, that would be the one.
Speaker 4: The funny part, though, is because whoever loses to the ghost. If we had multiple losers and hawk and I had to go to like an American history class.
Speaker 3: Sounds like Tuesday evenings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would actually be pretty What if you had to go together, had to go together, you had to pass you again.
Speaker 3: I take notes and lock in. It would be pretty cool man to study again. It would be kind of kind of nice. See if you still got it, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Talk to do Melman. This sounds like a good movie.
Speaker 3: But taking a test would be horrible. It would be the worst a paper paper. I already say termed. Now I know why you said you imagine right now? Ten pager right now? No, No, no, sounds so bad. No, wuld you rather do anything else? You couldn't chat gpt it? No, I would rather do anything else anything.
Speaker 2: But what if your prof was a smoke show? There's not a chance hot profs? You ever had about five or ten of them?
Speaker 5: No, you haven't that prov No, it's probably some old saggy balls teaching.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't like those.
Speaker 3: I thought that's where you went tonight.
Speaker 2: You want to you don't even go to I didn't even go to the school.
Speaker 3: It would be kind of cool.
Speaker 5: Sitting like in an auditorium, you're sitting there just checking out the vibe. What if we got invited to parties and stuff too?
Speaker 2: You know, now were like, let's say, as an old school to your old school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be sick.
Speaker 4: I didn't go to college. But are we talking like September to December?
Speaker 2: Is that like you have to do the wose semestery class?
Speaker 5: I tell you, I bet you that you would get behind this guaranteed we could find a way.
Speaker 3: For all of us.
Speaker 2: I don't think they'd let me.
Speaker 3: If for the losers, if we have a big bit, and then like U of M could.
Speaker 5: Get I've never gotten invited to play fans, Well you might.
Speaker 3: Because I don't think you'll do it. Well, he's the ghost. He doesn't have to do.
Speaker 5: I would, yes, a little extra education, sure, yeah, man, I don't know what it would be.
Speaker 2: You get to choose the class.
Speaker 3: But then we could do this. We could do the charts challenge on a Thursday. It done. You guys do it? Yeah, I'll do.
Speaker 2: Who hasn't said a word?
Speaker 3: Right, Zach? You're not doing it?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, first of all, I've done nothing but lose this damn thing for there is that everything lost. It would probably lose again, and I wouldn't pass the class, and I would be just doing that whole thing for.
Speaker 3: Not online day. Have to be in person, has to be in person, has to be in person. Okay, I guess have we got the U behind this?
Speaker 5: We can find fun class to take, like a freshman class, big one, like a general right, like whatever it is history one o one yeah, and you just go sitting the autorium and see if you can get it done.
Speaker 3: I'm terrible in those situation.
Speaker 2: Got the looks like B M O C though man be strutting around.
Speaker 5: No, I'd be like, uh Sandler when he goes back like I think I was.
Speaker 3: Lasting Molly Hatch in the parking lot.
Speaker 5: I'll have fetty on the Tom's not no, it's not twofortunate.
Speaker 3: We're probably playing dust mesito.
Speaker 2: You please leave the fraternities alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, you imagine going out though? Could they do that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, you well you can do whatever you way, Beach. You just have to pass the move back. We all move back down. We should just start a frat. That would be fun, I agree.
Speaker 4: Tom, No, God, yes, and then like so you would be in because I'm telling you we're gonna have to find some replacement one.
Speaker 3: Hundred thousand percent. I'm in yeah, I would love this done.
Speaker 2: But if you got to do all right, done, but talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a really good idea. A great idea came up. That's a really good thank you.
Speaker 2: I came up with a year ago thank you about Saint Paul Saints. They're playing baseball down at cchs Field tonight. So get all down there, ladies and gentlemen. Saints baseball dot com, Saints baseball dot Com. Quite the squad for your Saint Paul Saints. You never know who's coming up in that hell. Yeah man, And it's I believe I heard a night at the field tonight, isn't it, Yes, sir, Yeah man.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Here's what's going on in the news. I have real news stories for you guys.
Speaker 3: Care I care, Yeah, I care man.
Speaker 2: A flesh eating screwworm has been confirmed in the US. The parasite burrows into the flesh of living animals and was eradicated in the US about sixty years ago. On Wednesday, the USDA said screw worm has been detected in three week old calf in South Texas. South State and federal officials are enforcing quarantines in the county where the parasite was found. The flesh eating screwworm.
Speaker 3: That's so gross. That's so gross. Yeah, thats like torture.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember Mummy when like the Beatles, I've never seen dude, you've never seen Mommy with b No.
Speaker 3: Hawk loves that movie. It's a top it's a freight movie. Yeah, Top five.
Speaker 2: I love that film.
Speaker 3: The great Dude's scene. But there's a there's a woman in that. There's a woman in it. Yeah, she's got like tats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she soup's hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Seventh grade Tom, and you were still looking at the lakes you're on. Yeah, back then, back at us, back then, still confuse the right.
Speaker 2: The Superior Hiking Trail celebrating forty years with a three hundred mile party. Hiking enthusiasts will be out on just about every stretch of the three hundred mile long trail in celebration of its fortieth anniversary on Saturday. The Northern Minnesota trail, which runs parallel to the Lake Superior Coast, was officially established in nineteen eighty six. The trailers had more than four hundred thousand visits during the peak hiking season every year since twenty twenty three. Superior Hocking Trail. That looks like fun to that.
Speaker 1: It's a gem. Man, it's awesome. I did the like the uh split rock, Oh dude, split rock? Love it sweet? Oh man, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love that whole area. So get on out there.
Speaker 1: If you get on, you won't believe what we have. Like the features, the natural features we have in this state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gorgeous. Hawk loves the natural features in this state.
Speaker 2: I love the unnaturals as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ain't scared.
Speaker 2: I'll go like, I'll take a.
Speaker 6: No no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that a part of it, like a sex I mean, if that's what you were saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm just thinking out loud, like so, well, like can we do that? We can do anything you want.
Speaker 2: You can take any class.
Speaker 5: You're going to lose, so you can go down to the Yeah, I guarantee I could find you a sexual education class at the U, and let's be honest, we both could learn some things.
Speaker 3: I need it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, especially the part where it starts.
Speaker 3: It's part more but would be great. It'd be great.
Speaker 2: And then we become like maybe we should not even do this punishment. We should just do it. You and I take a class next year. You choose a class.
Speaker 3: You and I go every Thursday.
Speaker 4: It gives me better off. Sending Richard Ramirez and Ted Bundy onto a campus hurt nobody.
Speaker 1: But I have to what is that phone call like with the you like, okay, well they would like to take a class with my friend and stop us.
Speaker 3: We got money? Yeah, well yeah, yeah, sure they can throw us out, but yeah, I'll actually get my old Uh what's your name? Her name was Lisa Clark. She was my old advisor, and he took us up with a class one hundred percent that he would. She was a great girl, great girl. She really helped me out to be honest. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 4: Not big in the great guys, he's in the mean ones. Let me ask you a question though, Like I'm sure that you would get behind it. Yeah, but like, don't you think it would be distracting if.
Speaker 2: Like two are we gonna do?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: But just like wa ain't doing helicopters were.
Speaker 3: Distracting. I just think I thought this was a guy. Kids don't care. I don't care. In there have two dads walked in dad yet, are you bad yet? Good question? But like unless it would have been like opened up a set up front, there's we're.
Speaker 2: Not brilliant, brilliant doing broadcast live.
Speaker 3: You used to watch that show, didn' your n v H one? Oh the hookup artist the what was that guy's name?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you'd like help guys go. You would open up a set. Yeah, I seen love pick up artists. Yes, the pickup.
Speaker 1: Was the guy's name, Mystery Mystery, Yes, his wings, hey dog and James a door.
Speaker 3: He would teach you how to pick up chicks at the bar. Yeah, and he would say you gotta go up there and open up a set. So good, God, Daddy, wouln't that be fun? And then we go afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then we get into it and we're like, man, you know what, this is what we missed.
Speaker 3: Back to school with Rodney danger right, because.
Speaker 2: God knows, you didn't learn anything in school. Were for football and ladies. This time we're taking it seriously.
Speaker 5: It would be cool to learn something, it would it would Okay, you're into Greek stuff.
Speaker 3: I took a Greek class.
Speaker 2: That's what I majored in religious studies at the U for three and a half years and I got a job here and I didn't have to go anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I took a Greek class because I was really into hercules, like growing.
Speaker 3: Up, damn right, hardiest class.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had a latest Degres and no time fast, nothing better, best sound tract of all time, of all time.
Speaker 3: I listened to it literally every day.
Speaker 2: The one she says what she's crying and she's sad because nobody loves her, and.
Speaker 3: No, tell no way, no, that's me, that's Meg thinking about her.
Speaker 2: And then what do they call them? Not the muses? They are they that the Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah got that movie I walked on talking about. Yeah I was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, you're hitting on the bride because.
Speaker 4: She had to.
Speaker 3: Why it's so weird? We double book then we're down in our honeymoon. What is doing here? Look at the math water like it so man?
Speaker 4: Have you seen the bit that Tommy and Dob have been doing for years it's now gone viral where these guys like they'll have a center and a quarterback, and the quarterback will stand behind and they'll get the wave to jump off side, and when the wave comes past their feet, they'll points.
Speaker 2: Such a that's that's seen it.
Speaker 4: That's your guys will like do the bit where they have the center and quarterback in front of a way mo. Yeah, but it's so good point, but it's so good.
Speaker 2: That's a great bit.
Speaker 3: It's such a good bit.
Speaker 2: A family medicine physician at the Cleveland Clinic is stressing the importance of soaking in the sun for your health. The doctor emphasizes that the sun is the main source of vitamin D, which helps bone health and the bodies of mere in function. Somebody can also improve a person's mood by boosting feel good chemicals in the brain. However, the doctor stress is the importance of wearing sunscreen and avoiding prolonged sun exposure. They recommend consulting your healthcare provider to see how much sun exposture is appropriate for you. I forgot to tell you so yesterday I was worried about I'm having a polyps on my vocal cords. Now, yeah, of course, so luckily I do not. But in order to check good, the lovely lady put a camera through my nostril and down my throat to look at my vocal cords.
Speaker 3: I got, yeah, hurt, it did.
Speaker 2: And it's weird because while she's got that thing down there. You got to make noises so she can see your vocal cords vibrate. So she's like, okay, say eat. I'm like, oh man, yeah I can still I can still feel where it went down there.
Speaker 3: She asked you to start the chorus of even Flow.
Speaker 2: That's like, oh dude, yeah they do that, so you don't, Okay, be cool. You don't trigger your gag reflex if you go through your nostril, you know which you might try that.
Speaker 3: Of that what's that called sounding zecha? No, that's a whole different thing in the hell. No sound, don't say it that whole yeah. Yeah, sorry sorry I did.
Speaker 2: Not get sued by my fieldale doctor.
Speaker 3: Do you this is maybe a dumb question. Do you get numbed at all?
Speaker 2: They put a little novcne as spray, like it's just like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's weird because like going through that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird because like you can feel it, like and it doesn't seem like you should feel it, you know what I mean, But you can and then it gets down in there and it you're like, should I be able to breathe right now? But you know, it's it's just a little tiny thing, and I don't know it was. It's just a weird thing and it made you want to sneeze, and so you didn't. You tried, and I was trying not to sneeze. But no, I I I'm suffering just from overuse of my voice because I sing too much. I talk too much, and so I need to So I need to rest when I'm not on the air or singing, you know, and not talk so much.
Speaker 5: So don't ever anybody come you ever do a sketty trick where you put it through your nose in your mouth.
Speaker 3: That thing what I've never done, like a piece of spaghetti you put up there.
Speaker 2: I know you're saying I would. I've never you've done that.
Speaker 3: No, I've seen people do it.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine doing that.
Speaker 3: No, that sounds terrible. I don't see. Well.
Speaker 8: What's up, Thomers, what's up everybody? I haven't seen you in forever, Tommy, it's been a long time, but I missed you.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 2: We got some things to talk about. Yeah, I, Mey and I are going back to go back to school.
Speaker 3: Yeah we are.
Speaker 4: They're gonna purposely when we do the chart challenge. Tommy, it's your turn pass. I don't think Michael, Yeah, he didn't play in the league anymore.
Speaker 2: Buddy, Sy, you're ever going back to college? Okay, take a real class. We have to pass it.
Speaker 3: It's an extra credit.
Speaker 5: I don't think I would pass a class though, even if I tried really harder man, and then.
Speaker 4: You'll do it next year, dude, you could get a d I agree. Well, there's I mean, there's our group. And for being honest, max O.
Speaker 2: MAXI, you know what if you lost, would you actually go to this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Yeah, I'd love to. I'd love to do the charge challenge with can we take a pass fail? No grades? Pass fail is not bad? Pass fail right because you got you gotta get.
Speaker 4: I don't think Perry I want to do it. I'm being dead serious. I don't think Cristal has the time.
Speaker 5: To do it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know we have. Maybe it's an ulternate and then we could, but we can.
Speaker 3: But we could do the chart challenge with.
Speaker 4: Zach O the four of Us and four End Core because COR's the ghost and.
Speaker 3: And that we could do on Fridays. We could do the Yeah, the other bit, what's the bit we did last year? The Survivors Yeah, it's fine. I'm in with that. Let's do that, Let's talk it through it. I will do it. Survivors, Yeah, we could do.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 7: Let's do it.
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll do it.
Speaker 2: That was the news. We got one more segment with Thoms, one more and again an hour from Right now dot Com, Tom Pelsero and to talk about our brand new GM and all Things Vikings Patrick Mortar Show, home of all Things the Matter on the Fanily.
Speaker 9: Keep listening for the next chance to win your way to our iHeart Radio Music Festival presented by Capital.
Speaker 3: One this September, coming back to Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Stay plugged into everything kaff and sports updates, ticket giveaways, and.
Speaker 2: Show your family you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stay connected, follow my face hurts, Yeah, and so do.
Speaker 1: Someone three Instagram, TikTok and X Today X EX mother in law, You guys ex video.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah uncle, yeah you say uncle?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, ladies and gentlemen. Patrick Morris you seven twenty seven and the final segment with Marble with our boy Thomas. Thomas and I are going back to class. I'm going back in di ome.
Speaker 3: That'll be great. Is good for you guys, It'll be fun.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of you come from radio history.
Speaker 3: If I lose, I will would you have? Yeah? Yeah? Does it have the punishment? No? I think it can be.
Speaker 6: You can me.
Speaker 2: Any class just has to be one class has to be one class, be a real honestly goodness class.
Speaker 3: You have to have to pass it. I like it Tuesdays and this is the year. We can do it because Corey is the ghost and he can't lose. Why wouldn't he do it?
Speaker 2: Because he's a butthole? I think I said like nine times.
Speaker 3: You would do it. You know we will know he wouldn't. The second the reason we haven't.
Speaker 2: Done it yet Thomson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would go to Keynes. I'd bring him to Canes afterwards. He would do it. I guarantee you would do it.
Speaker 7: Are you he could be?
Speaker 3: Have you pass the class if you just stared at the wall?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd have to actually listen'd be the hardest part is locking in and not just doing.
Speaker 3: Bits back and forth. Yeah, oh yeah, we'd be in them back doing all the day. We would.
Speaker 1: You'd be doing a history class and were talking about something horrible. That happened a long time ago, and Hawk would hit the rosie last.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Please somebody asked me, would I please somebody.
Speaker 3: Ask me to do second buddy.
Speaker 4: New York Knicks ended the game on a eleven point run to steal Game one of the NBA Finals over the Spurs one oh five ninety five.
Speaker 3: Brunson who was banged around and banged up ball game.
Speaker 4: He had thirty Cat had eighteen points and twelve boards, and Charles Barkley.
Speaker 3: Last night said he is the reason they won.
Speaker 4: The Knicks have won twelve straight playoff games, Maxo. They're the first team to beat the Spurs in a Game one of a NBA Finals. The Spurs were six and zero until last night.
Speaker 3: Game two is.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow at seven thirty. The Spurs are a six and a half point favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like They interviewed Kat right after the game and he summed it up perfectly.
Speaker 3: That was a prize fight. That was That was Ali Fraser. It was back and forth.
Speaker 8: The New York Knicks came out hot, Dylan Harper came out and kind of heated the Spurs up a little bit there, and it looked, it looked really.
Speaker 3: Bad for a second.
Speaker 8: Jalen Brunson came out of the game holding his knee, and he is not the kind of guy to ever that. Even the announcer said, so there like this, this could be bad. And he struggled throughout most of the game. He said he had thirty I think he had fifteen of those in the fourth quarter. I mean, he was out bad, one, two, three. But that's that's why he's a superstar. That's why he's the guy that's been taking the Knicks to untold, you know, unforeseen heights since the seventies. And he and he came out and he finished the game strong. Victor wen Binyama was something like six or twenty two or something like that with kat on him or something.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 8: It was something ridiculous that Karl Anthony town did an absolute great job not only defensively on Victor wen Banyama, but he was blowing right past him on offense.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 8: I mean, seriously, who would have thought at the beginning of this playoff run that Karl Anthony Towns would be, you know, the second most important person on that New York Knicks team. He's turned into a playmaker and it's exactly like we talked about yesterday. He was kind of able to pull Victor wen Benyama out of that painted area and open up some space for his teammates. And I mean just everybody for the Knicks came in and showed up heart hustleman, and he's doing getting steals, getting boards, doing whatever the Knicks needed him to do because Jalen Brunston wasn't really there one through three and then and the fourth quarter closed it out. So it's it's gonna it's the Spurs will bounce back. We've tended to see this in the playoffs from Victor webbin Yama. He has a so so game and then he comes out the next game and he's just dunking on people and he drops like thirty plus and he's the Spurs will come back.
Speaker 3: And obviously they got Dylan Harper.
Speaker 8: I'm interested to see if the Spurs head coach makes any changes there because it seems like Harper should probably be the starter over the Aaron Fox right now, because that dude is a.
Speaker 3: Super star in the making.
Speaker 4: Well, I think Coach Finch yesterday said you're looking at a team that has gotten a first pick, a second pick, and a fourth pick and nailed all three of them, and one of them is a generational talent. Yeah, go back and watch the Chris Finch interview with PA. It's outstanding.
Speaker 2: He's so good, great radio right into the press conference. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: Wasting and Finch is just so forth right.
Speaker 8: You know a lot of these coaches when they talk to the media, it's just canned answers. And I just loved how Finch he was like talking about how he's kind of looking in the mirror about what he can do better.
Speaker 3: I just appreciate how honest he is with them. And he fell on the sword for Julius which Barrero Barrero. What Barrero said.
Speaker 4: Last night was I think the best take on it is someone probably told him, listen, we're trying to trade this guy you have, we have we can't one hundred times.
Speaker 2: I mean, not that they're trying to train him, but that he actually did that to make him.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think it just really like, yeah, text him in New Orleans and stuff. I think we've seen from his on the court, the way that he treats him on the court. Because Julius Randall, most coaches, probably twenty nine of the thirty coaches in the NBA would have pulled Julius Randall in some of those cases. But Chris Finch, I mean, Julius Randall's mom and wife and son don't have as much faith in Julius Randall as Chris Finch does. So I truly believe that he genuinely really likes it and has faith in the guy.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 4: There's a little bit of protecting him though, from a standpoint of he knows the plan.
Speaker 3: In the offseason, he said they got to make some moves.
Speaker 4: He knows he's there there the piece to move because he makes thirty million dollars, right, they can move him for something.
Speaker 2: Isn't it weird though, because and forgive me, I don't know things, but from what I could tell, he was great in the first round and terrible in the second round.
Speaker 3: What happened? Yeah, I mean he was. He was great. He was the best player they had when they played Oklahoma City last year. Yeah, and he was.
Speaker 8: I mean, he was great in that first playoff run that they had last year with him. But that's just kind of been the Julius Randuel experience. Wherever he goes, it's kind of like Super high highs and then almost inexplicable, unexplainable low lows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't have.
Speaker 8: I mean, he had like three points in the last close out game and he's the second best player on the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, supposedly, Taylor Heies.
Speaker 4: He signed a three year standard player agreement with the Frost. She was also protected in the expansion draft along with Kelly Panic.
Speaker 3: So they're two stars. Are all set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a tumultuous time in the PWHL, multiple expansion drafts coming up here and those contracts coming to an end, and I'm so good to see the Frost taking care of business getting locking down Heiseie. She is already a Minnesota sports legend, and really this is only still the beginning of her career for the most part, so she'll be here a long, long time hopefully. And Yeah, great job by the Frost, Great job for Heisi, and great job for Parker who won't have to uproot and move anywhere anytime soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he could still play golf four days a week, right. Tough life, Yeah, tough life. Packers star Micah Parson said yesterday that he will begin the twenty twenty six season on the pup list, and he said that he will probably is offering a target of mid October until he's on the field.
Speaker 3: Here's Dave sennecon Yeah, Brett Blake responding to Jesus you have a girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Man, I guess we don't know.
Speaker 3: Relax, Bratt, My god, So there is that.
Speaker 4: That's a huge thing for your vikings because they play them week one at us Bank Stadium, and that's a huge boat of the Packers because man, that's six seven games, like massive, massive.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They were a different team without him on defense. Yeah, I mean they were a Super Bowl contender with him.
Speaker 4: They win the Super I think they play in the Super Bowl if they have it, because he can put pressure on the quarterback on every play.
Speaker 3: He's that good.
Speaker 5: He's one of the guys when like the quarterback walks up to the line he has he identifies him the media and the middle line immediately because they set plays around him.
Speaker 3: That's how good he is.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Thomas, I know it's the last time summer. Yeah, before you get out of here.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 2: There's a magazine, Minnesota Monthly, you know, sure. And they had their best things in spring god, yeah, best outdoor SIPs. Yeah, grab I want to know if you've been to these right, grab a glass of beer a wine and soak up some vitamin D like catch up with friends at a patio like these Hastings the backyard. No, dude, that's an awesome place. I have been to that. Yeah, it's right down there.
Speaker 3: Yard cool.
Speaker 2: Have you been to Britz Pub?
Speaker 3: Sure? Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: What about Rochester's Forger Brewery? No? What about De Luce or some minor.
Speaker 3: Brewing a lady from Mermaid?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: What about Saint Paul's w A Frosting Company?
Speaker 3: Great spot, believable patio is one hundred out of one hundred. I feel like you should film like a rom com. There the best brunch on the planet.
Speaker 2: How about back about back to School?
Speaker 3: Are back to school and it's going to be a rom com and you fall you fall in love with the prof. That's yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a little older, but.
Speaker 3: He I was scripting it for him. I don't know you, Sorry, I thought you were doing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well you know what. I love my love?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Tell me back to w A frost Yeah, let's hear it.
Speaker 8: Can I say?
Speaker 3: I think I have something for us? I have a I have a new a new party for us. Let's go for our twenty fifth let's go.
Speaker 5: We should do a Gatsby themed Christmas party at w A Frost, Corey.
Speaker 6: Are you in?
Speaker 3: I ain't doing that?
Speaker 2: Ain't doing that?
Speaker 4: Do you guys?
Speaker 3: If we have a gassy party?
Speaker 6: Do you know.
Speaker 3: That would be the place to do it? Be the place? Have you been there? No, it's sweet, Patty, it was outstanding. The restaurants.
Speaker 6: Ride your hog there and then up. Yeah, bring that prof that you really like dr there and then show up.
Speaker 2: I bring him around you.
Speaker 3: No, w A Frost all time? Do you know what else has a really good patio cafe? Right northeast Jackson is the best. Jacks Is all time place. Jackson is so good. Yeah, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: Oh man, there's so many great ones like that. Oh man, I just I love I love getting on the motort. I can go to bars and stuff and hanging out, don't you know.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 2: Man, that's the best.
Speaker 3: But you're Yeah, when you pull up though, you're like a bad ass because you're tatted up, you know, and you gotta be riding in college and my dad's riding in the sidecar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's costume, but I can wear it sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great. Yeah, yeah, you've been to ten twenty nine? I think I have where is it right Northeast? Is that is that where Smackshack started? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I have an all timer.
Speaker 3: Smackshack is so good. Yeah. I love those places, man, they're also good. I love Northeast Northeast.
Speaker 4: I just love it.
Speaker 2: I liked it. I love and I don't know if it's just uh, I'm sure they have him everywhere, but it see, it just seems so Minneapolis Saint Paul. Just a corner bar that looks like it should be a house, but you know it's been there forever. Yeah, and people have been going there since. You know, they rode their carriage.
Speaker 3: There standing the best.
Speaker 2: People lived and died in there, no joke. I love it.
Speaker 3: You've been in? You ever be in downtown North Saint Paul? Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, great antiquing for you, dude.
Speaker 2: It's the best right there down by Center and then down down.
Speaker 3: The North St.
Speaker 7: Paul.
Speaker 3: It has one of the oldest bars in Minnesota's called Newman's. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I have been there.
Speaker 3: That sounds great. It's a great spot. They have big Bullfrogs up front. Their food's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Friday nights they have a car show every Friday night.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable and you would love it.
Speaker 5: It's like going to do you know, like the scene in Sandlot when it's fourth of July and they're running through like an old town like.
Speaker 3: The movie One. Okay, well you're dead to me? What I hate that movie?
Speaker 2: What's the part of Saint Paul's like down by shell Brewery? Down there, the old Shells Brewy that's.
Speaker 3: Now like what seventh and you just keep going?
Speaker 2: You just keep going, Yeah, go like leave the action and keep on going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just keep going down West seventh.
Speaker 5: There's some sweet old that's Shamrocks is down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's some time about that area.
Speaker 3: And there's a Bennett's down there. Bennett is a good spot. God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we hang after class.
Speaker 3: We are spoiled though with good bars.
Speaker 2: We're spoiled because Tommy Olsen's here on Thursdays.
Speaker 3: No, I love every brother. You guys are the best.
Speaker 2: You be careful something said, don't say it.
Speaker 3: I have training the next two weeks grown up stuff. Well coming on another two Yeah, so Monday, I'm shot.
Speaker 5: Next week I'm out of town Tulls, Oklahoma the next next week and then.
Speaker 3: With the hard are I'm sorry, guys, the nineteenth was here.
Speaker 5: I can come in that Friday, but yeah, next week, okay, Friday, This Friday, the.
Speaker 3: Nineteenth, that'll be back.
Speaker 4: Is that cool?
Speaker 3: If I come back? I think I think we're in Duluth perfect, we are pert up there, Come on up?
Speaker 2: You could, yes, except for you're not loud there now, Zach apologize. You got to give a radio station.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have been last week.
Speaker 2: Anybody. Vikings News is next. We'll we'll break on some audio from yesterday's press conference. Don't forget. Tom PALLISERA eight twenty will be right back. Had this to say about our brand new GM and who is going to be in charge of things.
Speaker 3: No one is.
Speaker 10: As far as the gentleman, he's the gentleman of the organization. He has final say on the roster of the fifty three. But in the end he's going to lean heavily and he'll say it himself on our head coach obviously, and people like Rob Brazinski in the building that have deep experience and skill sets that are complementary. So I think we have it all put together in a great way, and I'm confident that this is a great move for the organization, a great move for the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: I think that's the one thing I'll A lot of people wanted to hear. A lot of people wanted to know because we all speculated that maybe Kevin O'Connell had a lot of saying the roster and Kevin O'Connell maybe was the head coach and like president of football all that stuff like you see with some of these guys where they have more than one title. But after yesterday, we learned and he said it multiple times, and he was pressed on it a couple times by people, and he said, no, Nolan Tinsley has the final say on the roster.
Speaker 3: This is his roster. So that's good, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I know you know what I get from koc Ko. And maybe I'm wrong about this, but this is what I believe in being around him as much as I have. He obviously wants to have a giant say and who's on the roster. It's his roster. He's got to do what he's got to do. But I also think he would tell you I've got enough to do. I'm the head coach and the facto not to be offensive to anybody, but offensive coordinator as well, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, I got enough to do. Don't need to be the GM, right, I need a GM who can do his job.
Speaker 3: Yep right, Yeah, takes a lot off his plate.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I think yeah, I mean, I think there was a lot yesterday that we learned, and I think that now that we have a you know, a football guy. And but all that matters is is ten months from now, yea, when the draft happens.
Speaker 3: We got it. This is where these guys make their money.
Speaker 4: This is why, along with some of the free agency duds, this is why Kuacy doesn't have a job anymore. The drafts were so bad for most of these picks, the twenty twenty two draft. Half of those guys aren't in the NFL anymore.
Speaker 3: Like that was bad.
Speaker 4: That set him back. Now, you know, there's a few moves he could have made. But we'll see what we got to see what Nolan can do. If he can, if he can aise some of these drafts, he'll be here a long time. Were you some draft picks continue to suck, he won't.
Speaker 2: Were you surprised when Mark Wilf actually said, we're sick of hearing Ryan Donaldson complain about her draft picks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he said, Ryan, do you have anything to say in the building during the draft party about how bad the GM is?
Speaker 3: Right right?
Speaker 2: And then he said he said, we're gonna hopefully Nolan will bring in some offensive linement. So Greg swedword going tweeting.
Speaker 4: That was in Mark's open Yeah, Ryan, hopefully you're happy. And yes, Greg, we've draft of offensive linement.
Speaker 1: Well, and then they said something like basically when they asked about who had the final word on the roster, they did say Nolan had the final word, but he would take Swedberg's tweets now account, Yes he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very interesting. Yeah, So why did you leave Seattle? Mister Nolan Teasley?
Speaker 9: He was always going to take a special opportunity to leave a special place in Seattle. And as I progressed through this process, it became very clear. It became very clear that the Minnesota Vikings were just that they were that opportunity, and it's because of a strong leadership who's uh in ownership, whose reputation is obvious, their commitment to supporting their people, providing the resources needed to compete and ultimately win championships.
Speaker 2: That's what we're hoping win that championship less.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: And when he was asked yesterday too about like the roster and what he thought of it, is this like a win now or is this a full rebuild? I think Chris Long the first question he asked him was, where do you look at a scale of one to ten being a full rebuilder? You're almost there? And he said, this roster won nine games, and that's true. It is you know upset I was is when they won all those meaningless games, they did win five straight and whatever you want to think about koc and he hasn't won a playoff game yet, and all that he got a team that most teams had quit, a team that was out of it, to win five straight against some decent teams.
Speaker 3: Right, So for sure they hopefully that rolls into next season.
Speaker 4: But all that matters is the quarterback and how well the quarterback can play and who the quarterback will be.
Speaker 2: Here's that exact answer to that exact question.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I believe we're ready to compete right now because they've been competitive. I think I spoke to nine wins last year, five in a row, and we look forward to, you know, continuing that consistency really was close.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the quarterback is the only real question they have. The offensive line is pretty good. The three wide receivers they have are great. The tight end is on a contract year, so hopefully we get the best year out of him. And they got you know, a couple of running backs that they really like. We'll see what they got with them. But it's going to be interesting because this is a tough division. The quarterbacks in this division are good. But if Kyler, who everybody thinks will be the starter, can have a rebound year, this team could be right in the mix.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think I think we're the sleeper man. I think a lot of these preseason polls are going to have the Vikings as their sleeper pick.
Speaker 3: I think you are correct.
Speaker 2: Think that's what I think. Maybe long now, man, what is it September.
Speaker 4: Thirteenth, I would guess, because, as you know, Hawk, the Panthers and the Cardinals play in the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 3: I bet they start training camp in forty days.
Speaker 2: Our first preseason game.
Speaker 3: August sixth, As you know, Hawk is the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't wait to get I can't wait.
Speaker 2: We got our tickets, We're all set. I got him in the mail.
Speaker 3: Oh sweet, I can't wait. The best trick. Yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He keeps him. He's he has a he's putting him in a frame for the two of us. Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah. One of the greatest pranks we ever pulled off on Rosie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I you were down the Hall.
Speaker 2: Skyline was in the background of Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: You had a Minnesota Twins McDonald's cup in your hand.
Speaker 2: He didn't care.
Speaker 3: No, you don't care.
Speaker 2: He didn't care.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It should be a fun season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you kid? It's a football season. Yeah, man, even we're not good, it's a fun season. I love football season. The best don't matter to me, It don't matter to Jesus, Well, it probably does. There's a ESPN dot com story today from Seth Walver the Power Index right now for the NFL. Yeah, man, what do you think he has your beloved Minnesota Vike twentieth Oh, you're real close nineteenth nineteenth, nineteen.
Speaker 4: I think that's fine. I just I think that Yeah, it doesn't matter no matter June fourth. But I also think that it's the quarterback question, right. I mean, they got two guys. They got a guy McCarthy who has his ups and downs. He's also been hurt a lot. There's also some maturity questions with him, immaturity questions. And there's also Kyler wasn't that great last year, plus he got hurt, and Carson Wentz is here, right, So if I mean, if Kyler can go back to like he's been, it could be an outstanding year.
Speaker 2: The best squad he's ever played on, for sure, the.
Speaker 3: Most talent he's ever had, no doubt for sure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you'd think that they could go back to the offense that kind of koc likes, like taking the top off of defenses again and letting Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison get loose again.
Speaker 3: And plus Jennings now too, mean, man, that's gonna be it. Jennings is going to see single coverage all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, there was a time when you could go into each season kind say, yeah, these are been, these are going to be the teams that are great. But that's not like that anymore. Any team could be like the next big thing.
Speaker 4: And as we learned with San Francisco last year, the equalizer and we've seen with Detroit is injuries forever.
Speaker 3: That's the equalizer. So they Detroit's always going to be good, but they've been I mean.
Speaker 4: They had like third string and like off the street guys playing on their defense.
Speaker 3: The last couple of years.
Speaker 4: Ayton Hutchinson has always banged up. And yeah, man, the injury is the great equalizer in sports.
Speaker 8: And every year we see a team go from worse to first. I mean, who would have thought that Carolina Panthers would give the La rams hell last year?
Speaker 3: I mean in multiple times. Look at the Patriots, right, they were they were hideous. Nobody thought that they were going to make.
Speaker 2: This year a suitable winner. I mean again, they were a good team, but nobody thought that kid was going to go there and win.
Speaker 4: That's quarterback, especially after those And I talked about it yesterday with Perry and my buddy Jake when we were playing golf. Remember those last two games of Sam Darnold as a Minnesota biking, Yeah, they were awful, the last.
Speaker 2: One in Arizona.
Speaker 4: It changed the whole season of what we thought about him. Yeah, and then it turned out the offensive line was awful. But yeah, and then Seattle's like, we'll take them, and they won a Super Bowl with it, Sammy d.
Speaker 2: But you know what we did to them. We stole their assistant GM, didn't we.
Speaker 3: Now he's ours, Yes, sir, let's do it.
Speaker 1: We did build a pretty good offensive line out there, good enough to win a Super Bowl. Yes, right, hopefully you can do the same here.
Speaker 4: We have a good one here, left tackling right, left. The left side is good, and.
Speaker 3: You know they pay.
Speaker 2: Both sides are good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Will Fries, they pay a ton of money. And Brian O'Neil's good, stay healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we have to see what happens the center. But I mean hopefully. They must believe in the kid, right, Yeah, they must believe in the kid. They're going to be sure, right, So we'll see. There you go, Vikings news, ladies and gentlemen, And again, don't forget about twenty minutes from now we'll break down because we're gonna get to dot com tom at twenty after the hour of eight. Next Man five, featuring the lovely and talented, super tall, super handsome, super skinny well Endown meets US Paul.
Speaker 3: Ambert, Oh, thanks man. Appreciate that you're not that tall. I didn't think you were going with me, but I appreciate all that. Be right back, Papa, from the one