Speaker 1: You have to buildo in the marketing horizon.
Speaker 2: Rover's morning glory, Sho's.
Speaker 1: He coming up in a few minutes. What do you have on the way, Dougie?
Speaker 3: And a story about an auction a sports figure could have the highest fetching auction price of any piece out there. Who is the athlete and what's the piece that could get? They say over one hundred million dollars?
Speaker 1: One hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you the story.
Speaker 5: All right, Well one hundred million. I have no idea. What could that possibly be? One hundred million dollars?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is an item? One hundred million dollars?
Speaker 4: I'll have that story for you next.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we'll get to that in just a moment.
Speaker 5: Somebody says, Rover, why would you need to know about the death of that two year old.
Speaker 1: Boy. We're talking about the guy.
Speaker 5: From the bills at Oliver's son who died two months ago, drowned in the family's backyard pool. It's not reported on until just a couple of days ago, not reported on for two months. Why would you need to know? One reason why, and this is anybody one reason why. This is why we have reporting. This is why we have media is so that we can be aware of something as opposed to what they did these bills reporters who kept us under wraps, So that we can be aware of something, track the progress and the public can be assured that there's no cover up, that there's no weird things going on, anything like that. So that's one main reason.
Speaker 3: No, that's not a good reason, because it is as long as law enforcement they know that nothing we went on and there's no there's no arrest or they're.
Speaker 4: Not covering up a crime. We don't need to know any of that.
Speaker 5: But this is why, No, this is why you need to know, to make sure that they're that this family is being treated the same way as your next door neighbors would be treated.
Speaker 1: Dugie.
Speaker 5: If they're two year olds round in their backyard pool, I don't know, they might end up being charged. Is this guy getting favorable treatment because he's an NFL player?
Speaker 1: This is why we need to know these things.
Speaker 5: I can't believe that you're advocating, you're that so called newsgirl, that you're advocating keeping things under wraps. Yes, no, that's that's absolutely not the way that they should be done.
Speaker 4: Of what they're going through.
Speaker 1: Yes, just being out there is different.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying you have to go out there and camp outside of his house. I'm just saying it should be reported on Jake in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: You're on Rover's Morning Glory. Good morning, Jake, Good morning wherever. How are you, Hey? What's happening? Kay?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to get your thoughts on all the drama from the w NBA over the weekend.
Speaker 7: Was first, I think it was Friday night, there was.
Speaker 1: The Chicago game.
Speaker 7: There were three dodas thrown.
Speaker 1: On the court. I've only seen video of one.
Speaker 7: And then in the Chicago Indiana game that Enis Kanter.
Speaker 6: The NBA player that declared for the WNBA draft. He was sitting courtside with a shirt that said something like inn like a definition like woman, like adult female or something, and he got into a shouting Matsrijuana.
Speaker 1: Players and got kicked out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of the players for some reason started They got into some sort of beef and it seems like the player is the one who started it and then he gets kicked out for some reason. Why would he get kicked out all he did? Look, I didn't watch it. I only saw still frames of the video. To be honest with you, but it looked to me like he was had his arms out. Here's what it says, woman now adult human female. It says uh and so uh he wore that shirt to the WIBA game. One of these players, whoever, this chick is Cloud I think is her last name. She starts going after this guy and has to be held back by her teammates. And you know, this guy didn't do anything as far as I can tell. What you know, the player is the one who should have been removed from the game, not this guy.
Speaker 1: He was kicked out of the arena. So there was enough people who was Natasha Cloud?
Speaker 5: Okay, listen the WNBA, they have a very weird thing. First of all, as far as I know, other than maybe there are people in the WNBA.
Speaker 1: We talked about Britney Grinder in the past. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe she's you know, we used to call it when I was a kid, hermaphrodite. I don't think that's politically correct these days. Maybe I intersex. I don't know what the correct phrasing is or the correct term, but I think there's something going on with her. I mean, we've seen her speak and heard her speak and seeing her without a top on shooting hoops in her backyard. This is not a quote unquote normal woman's physy.
Speaker 1: Physiology there, So I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: Maybe there are people in the w NBA that are trans or intersects or whatever the terminology is. I don't know, but this doesn't seem to be like that big of an issue, Like there's no as far as I know, there's no, Like there aren't a bunch of transgenders clamoring to get into the wi BA. Maybe there are now these guys, these former NBA players are trying to declare their eligibility for the draft. But the w n B A is making a terrible decision. Well, I don't know, it could be Geves. I was gonna say they're making a terrible decision because they keep getting wrapped up in these sorts of things dildos and transgenders, and I'm like, why wouldn't you focus on the actual sport. But maybe the actual sport isn't that great, So maybe what they're doing actually is maybe it is genius, because the more you can distract people from poor gameplay, the better it is and still get attention for the league, the better it is. I saw something, let me see if I can find it here.
Speaker 1: And that is a good point because that that woman, I've.
Speaker 8: Never heard of her before, and after she got in that argument, she's also the one that made the statement about them throwing the sex toys on the court, that saying that, uh uh, it's I said something like, oh, it's the gayest stuff I've ever seen. You must be a homosex for yourself, she said something. But like she she started making headlines over both of these, which I don't think anybody else would ever heard of her if.
Speaker 1: It wasn't for both these events happening. Well, let me let me just tell you why.
Speaker 5: I so, maybe they are genius for what they're doing, But then then they do stuff like this, and I go and again, maybe I'm maybe I'm just not seeing the true genius of it. Because I see this, I go, why would they even do this? The Toronto Tempo, that's the w NBA team in Toronto?
Speaker 1: Who knew? Either way?
Speaker 5: I guarantee you, I could go out and ask one hundred people on the street, what's the w NBA team in Toronto?
Speaker 1: Nobody would know Toronto Tempo.
Speaker 5: This is the first I've ever actually heard of this team, the Toronto Tempo, and maybe they're new, I don't know. The Toronto Tempo revealed Daz, which is a non binary snapping turtle mascot that they have who uses she they pronouns and has a fondness for soft shell tacos that could be double entendre for munching box soft shell tacos. I mean, this is weird, but why would you?
Speaker 1: Why would you?
Speaker 5: And then there's also another mascot that they have, which is also I believe I'm not sure if that other mascot is non binary or not, but but why would you if you're a w NBA team, why would you point out that your mascot is non binary?
Speaker 1: I mean, what, here's the.
Speaker 8: Exactly because to get to get it, to get you to talk about it, and that's exactly what that means.
Speaker 5: With the soft tacos, it has to be right, I mean, there's I'm not I read that and I go, Jesus man, somebody's talking.
Speaker 1: About munching box.
Speaker 2: Yes they are.
Speaker 1: What do you do you think that there's.
Speaker 9: Actual soft taco douche No, no, no, I can't be because it's just tied in with the non binary thing and the chine they pronouns.
Speaker 1: It's just I have to reading too far into this to figure this out.
Speaker 3: What's the difference between soft taco and hard taco?
Speaker 1: Well, what woman has a hard taco?
Speaker 4: What makes it? Oh, it is a hard taco. A boy, what.
Speaker 1: Have you ever?
Speaker 4: Have you have you?
Speaker 1: Have you seen your own vagina?
Speaker 5: I know it's been a while since anybody's seen it, but if you look at your own vagina, don't saw shell taco?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well whatever?
Speaker 5: Uh so, yeah, Jake, I would say that maybe maybe they are.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe they're having the last laugh.
Speaker 5: I thought that this was all a distraction, but maybe they're the ones having the last laugh.
Speaker 1: So thank you, Jake.
Speaker 5: Somebody sent me when the WNBA had their All Star game. I almost we never played the clip because I didn't believe that it was real and I was just frankly too lazy to.
Speaker 1: Fact check it.
Speaker 5: But somebody sent me what was allegedly, uh, you know, highlight clips.
Speaker 1: Maybe not highlight clips.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe the WNBA didn't put the you know, they didn't put it out themselves, but somebody sent me just a compilation of clips it was like two or three or four minutes long from the WNBA All Star Game.
Speaker 1: The gameplay was so.
Speaker 5: Atrocious, so pathetic, I'm talking missed layups, I'm talking, I mean, just absolutely horrendous that it led me to believe that what I was watching had to have been AI generated. And I assume that the person who sent it to me is probably getting it off of some right wing website or you know, libs of TikTok or something, and they just there their conditioned to hate the w NBA.
Speaker 1: So I said, I think they're being duped.
Speaker 5: They have to be. This has this cannot be real. And ever since then, it's been stuck in my head. Were those was that actual game footage from the w NBA All Star Game? I mean, it was so horrendous that if that is the product that they're putting out there, and I get it with the NBA and they're All Star game and no defense is played and that sort of stuff, but you don't see people, you don't see.
Speaker 1: Guys missing layups and stuff.
Speaker 5: If that's the product that's happening on the court, if that's what it is, then yeah, you need every distraction you could possibly get. You need transgender mascots and everything soft shell eating turtles you need at all, because it's it's an utter embarrassment of what's happening out there.
Speaker 1: If that's an indicative of.
Speaker 3: The gameplay, why can't you be more supportive of them?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm not unsupportive. I'm not unsupportive.
Speaker 3: I just no things that you say.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, if that's the gameplay, I understand why they want to distract people from seeing how terrible the gameplay is. I readily admit I don't know if that's real game footage or not. It was so unbelievably bad that I don't think it could be real. It's just my personal opinion, but maybe it was. If it was, they got big, big problems on their hands. If those are their all stars. Dougi, are you ready for these hizzy? Yes, here we go.
Speaker 4: Jasy, I'll rollers morning glory.
Speaker 3: Trade talks between the United States and Canada fell apart late Friday, leading to new fifty percent US tiros on about twenty billion dollars worth of Canadian The Prime Minister said that Canada had made progress in the talks, but new US demands were unfair and would hurt key Canadian industry, especially autos. He suspended the negotiations and said Canada will answer with matching tariffs on American goods starting September eighth. Trade Representative Jameson Greer blamed Canada for backing away from earlier promises and continuing limits on some American products. So we're in a little bit of a situation with Canada.
Speaker 5: I read that the US doesn't like, like this is a weird hill to die on. They don't like that Canada has people that speak French in some parts of Canada, and that they actually have a law that, you know, certain amounts of content have to be in French and labels have to be in English.
Speaker 1: And in French.
Speaker 5: They don't like that, and that was one of the sticking points that the United States like, we don't like these French labels. If you look at every label in the United States, go get a box of cereal, you're gonna see it in English and in Spanish. So I don't see what the big deal is, but I was one of the sticking points.
Speaker 3: I guess now you I always tell my kid or the kids that I see at the studio, pick your battles in life.
Speaker 4: Like, is this something you really want to fight?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 5: Well, look, I'm not an expert in trade talks or whatever, but I think Canada might be calling the US is bluff.
Speaker 1: And now from what.
Speaker 5: They're saying is that once everything had been agreed to, then the US came with like twenty different other demands and they're like, we'll throw this in and this in and this in. And they go all wait to say, we're not. We already have an agreement in place. We already they just last week we talked about it. You talked about it in this sh isy how they were suspending these tariffs they were supposed to be put in place or whatever.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't keep track of all this stuff because.
Speaker 5: It's they're on, they're off. It's like the straight of hor moves. It's open, it's closed, it's open again. I mean, it's just it's go on.
Speaker 3: A Texas judge has denied Carmelo Anthony's request for a new trial, leaving his murder conviction and thirty five year prison sentence in place. Anthony, who is nineteen years old, was convicted in June of killing seventeen year old to Austin Metcap during a high school track meet. This was back in April of twenty twenty five. His lawyers argued that courtroom rules and a dispute over what evidence could be used for his defense, and they also raise concerns about comments made by the original trial judge, so that has been denied.
Speaker 4: The judge denied it.
Speaker 3: Thousands of people in northwest Indiana have gone more than a week without power after a series of powerful storms, and some may not get electricity back until August twenty fifth, that's tomorrow. The first storm caused about three hundred and one thousand outages, affecting more than sixty percent of customers served by that electric company that's hits them. So Gary was hit especially hard, with winds reaching almost one hundred miles per hour.
Speaker 4: If you I don't know where you are, but for.
Speaker 3: Us back home, we were hit with a storm on was it Saturday night? Oh my gosh, it was wild. It came fast, there was hal wow winds. It was beyond crazy last night.
Speaker 5: You keep getting text messages that really annoy me. And these random text messages come and they go, hey, uh, this is SO and so roofing. We're in your area working on roofs because of the hail damage. We'd like to come by and give you a free inspection. Like shut up, whoever?
Speaker 1: Whoever? Got just a.
Speaker 5: Random text message and it's like, yeah, I want these losers to show up at my house that I don't know somebody that's doing.
Speaker 1: This, So that does piss me off. I got I got some of that over the weekend. I guess because of the hail is.
Speaker 4: Your mile Okay, she has her power of.
Speaker 5: Her powers back, her power is back on. But I guess my mother is on. She lives in Indiana. I guess they're on well water whatever that means exactly, and that when the power goes out they have no water either.
Speaker 1: Does that sound right?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I had a well the pump probably isn't working now, so then there's no water coming through well.
Speaker 5: If your electricity goes out, there's the I guess the pump goes out and you have no She's like, we couldn't flush the toilets for three or four days.
Speaker 1: What do you do? You go, you go live in a hotel somewhere out of tower. I just flushed, but they really.
Speaker 11: Get that one flush that's sitting in the.
Speaker 1: Back of the tank.
Speaker 11: So then you have to put water into it, like buy a couple of gallons so you could pour water into the toilet.
Speaker 3: I mean people have done that just so you're gonna let the turd sit there?
Speaker 1: Well, I would assume not.
Speaker 3: No, right, so you just put water in the tank and flush it.
Speaker 1: Where are you getting the water from? Water?
Speaker 4: Bottled water?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 5: Enough to flush a toilet? How much bottled water do you have in your house?
Speaker 4: I have probably two cases.
Speaker 3: I always have water in my house and my trunk and then two cases of water.
Speaker 1: How much is that? How many toilet flushes is that?
Speaker 6: Of water?
Speaker 4: Just to get the little thing to go down the toilet?
Speaker 1: Just go bit, She's insane, Okay, go on?
Speaker 10: What Snitzer wells? I keep on picturing this stupid the well with the thing where you you knowel it down with the bucket.
Speaker 1: It's not that kind of yeah, not a well like that.
Speaker 11: Our well was outside of our house, and you could you could see the stone kind of looked like that, and there was a big stone of flat stone on top of it to prevent any kind of animals or anything going into it. But we could remove it and see how much water there was, Like Mark marks in there because as the as the winter comes, our water would kind of.
Speaker 1: Because there's not as much groundwater.
Speaker 11: So you would look in there to see how full is the well right now, and you would be more cognizant of it. Hey, don't take as long as showers and at the back of a tank usually holds between two to ten gallons, depending on the size of your toy.
Speaker 5: Hey, yeah, but you're gonna do it with their little sixteen ounce bottle of water.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The owner of Michael Jordan's Game three nineteen to ninety eight NBA Finals jersey has predicted it could fetch one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Why why one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: The most expensive piece of game warn sports memorabilia ever sold. Now, this is sports investor and actor rodgo He is selling the one of a kind white game winning.
Speaker 4: Jersey four years after he purchased.
Speaker 3: It, and he believes this will be the first jersey to head one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 5: He went on, why why would that? Why would that go for one hundred million dollars? What of just what makes that one so special?
Speaker 4: It's just special?
Speaker 1: Was it a piece of art?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's what the NBA Finals Journey, Jersey.
Speaker 1: So this is from.
Speaker 5: Game three, you said, Okay, so they didn't actually win the finals.
Speaker 1: The game win that at game three? Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: One hundred million dollars. We'll see, we will see if that gets.
Speaker 1: So much money. Not gonna happen. Not one hundred million dollars, No way.
Speaker 3: Taylor Sheridan, Paramount, and NBC Universal are all being sued by a writer who claims that Sheridan stole her idea for a TV show and used it to create Yellowstone. The writer says she submitted a pilot script, show, bible and pitch deck for a show called Sovereign Sovereign Nation to Sheridan's reps. This was late twenty sixteen and early twenty seventeen. She says Yellowstone used her plot details in casting recommendation, so she's now seeking damages and profits tied to the alleged copyright infringement and wants to stop future and continued infringement.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: Yellowstone premiere June twentieth, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a question?
Speaker 4: Go ahead?
Speaker 5: She submitted this in twenty sixteen, it's twenty twenty six now, you said the show came out in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: What took so long?
Speaker 5: Why would you wait ten years to file this lawsuit? This sounds like she's probably some sort of nut job. No is she would you sue immediately once you saw that show come out and you go, wait, they just took all my.
Speaker 3: Ideas unless you see the success of it and you wait and you realize how big it is, and now she's going to.
Speaker 1: Get more more.
Speaker 4: There's a hit right off the bat, but it's bigger now.
Speaker 5: Maybe, but you would have been getting all your royalties since they would have continued to show you would get up whatever you were. Your cut would have been that you negotiate a part. Well, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's probably nothing. Get this some money grab.
Speaker 3: If she did it, it's her story, she wrote it and they stole it, right.
Speaker 1: I don't think that.
Speaker 5: I'd like to see the proof, let's see, And I don't think she's gonna win this go on.
Speaker 3: Finally, Buck Cherry the band Buck Cherry's tour bus was involved in a multi vehicle accident in South Carolina.
Speaker 4: This was around two am Friday morning.
Speaker 3: It was on I twenty six and no one in the band or their crew got hurt, but a person who stopped on the highway and got out of their car was killed. Oh my god, Buck Cherry said. Tragically. Authorities have confirmed that the collision that occurred ahead of our bus resulted in a fatality. Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the family and loved ones of the person who lost their life.
Speaker 4: So it's scary.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you guys did that whole tour bus thing, but that was very See there's.
Speaker 5: A lot of every time I was in that I was thinking, boy, this could be tragedy waiting to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that is the shizzy on Rovers Morning Glory.
Speaker 12: Become an instance celebrity when you call into the show with video. After you video call Rovers Morning Glory, everyone will recognize you as the genius with the best and smartest comment of all time. Just download the Rover Radio app and use it.
Speaker 1: To video call the show.
Speaker 12: Fame awaits with video calls inside the Rover Radio.
Speaker 13: App, available in app stores, Ross and Rochester.
Speaker 1: You run Rovers Morning Glory Morning Ross. Hey, what's going on? What's happening?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 14: Way, I had an idea, Why don't they just have a trans gender league men, women, women, and then you got all the nutjobs can play all.
Speaker 1: The nut drops.
Speaker 5: So you tell me just it would be anybody who's transgender, whether you're female to male or male to female, you play in that particular league. It's just a mishmash of everyone. I first of all, I don't think there's enough people to actually get a league together with that number of transgender plays.
Speaker 1: I just don't know how this became an issue to me. It's not issue. There's nobody.
Speaker 5: There are no transgenders playing in the WNBA.
Speaker 1: Why is this? Why are we still talking about this?
Speaker 5: I do agree, though, with Sophie Cunningham and with a lot of people, that.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be allowed.
Speaker 5: You should not allow biological men to participate against women in these whether it's high school athletics, college athletics, or pro sports, Olympics or whatever. It's just simply not fair. I've got to take a break. We'll be right back on Rover's Morn of Glory.
Speaker 12: Hang on, can you delete out browser history and throw away that box under the back?
Speaker 1: I don't think you understand how to prave. People are.
Speaker 5: JUGI hater Dave seventy two. You're on Rovers Morning Glory The Morning going over.
Speaker 7: Hey, I got a I got I got a question for Yes, do you ever wear makeup?
Speaker 4: Yes, Dave, one and a half mile.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering.
Speaker 7: I mean, you're naturally pretty, but I think if you just take fifteen minutes in the morning and put on some eyeliners, a little bit of eye shadow, you looked a lot prettier.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, over, how about it?
Speaker 7: How about if we get a how about if we get a makeup artist in there and let them go on DOUI for about a half hour.
Speaker 5: We had them makeover, new hairstyle and the style list, new clothes.
Speaker 3: Make anything else you guys want, and.
Speaker 5: She refuses to do any of that. I likes the way she likes the way it is, and I guess we just.
Speaker 1: Have to look with it.
Speaker 7: You just looked playing on the TV.
Speaker 1: Appreciate her, Dave.
Speaker 5: I mean you look good on TV though, right, I mean we put a little step stool for you to get on so we could see you on camera, and you know, yeah, he looks good. Uh, you're just putting up with it from dogy hater, Dave. You let him you let him talk to you that way.
Speaker 4: It's exhausting. He's interesting.
Speaker 7: I'm not downgraded wondering. I never see her with any makeup on.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: Carmen Andelo compared her to Christie Cable. She would be pretty close to Christie Caper. She put on a little bit of makeup.
Speaker 5: See, I think she has the makeup on. That's what's getting her so riled.
Speaker 3: Up with making I do have makeup on, so you all can suck my ass.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll do that. How do I hater Dave? Let's see here?
Speaker 5: Oh the do you remember we had this story where this girl douge. It's on stpc is where audio comes up. But there's this sixteen year old girl who ran out onto the field during a junior high football game, and I wondered what was going on? Why did she do this? And she blasted one of the players. Here is the video here, and she blasts one of the players, just completely, uh.
Speaker 1: Bowls him over. Then he gets up. She pushed him over again.
Speaker 5: He almost looks like he could barely walk off under his own power, like she really and then she walks back to the sideline. She was a miuner was she was arrested and charged, but released to her own parents. She's sixteen years old, and I said, well, what was going on? Why would she do that? It wasn't her boyfriend, because this is a sixteen year old girl and this was a junior high football game, and we thought, well, maybe it was her brother, and that does indeed turn out to be the case. Sixteen year old Addison huntingcut. She says that she grabbed the and ran and bowled this player over after he allegedly grabbed her brother's face mask and spun him around several times during the game. Addison said that she became fed up with the abuse of her brother when he was struck in the ribs, which that's when she darted out there onto the field and she said, no, I'm done watching this. I wasn't going to go after this kid just to go after him. That wasn't my intention. Seeing what they were doing to him, her brother, and no one's stopping it. That kind of made me the last choice. Somebody has to stop this.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: We talked about your mother running out. There was a guy that sent in video of his mom running out onto the wrestling mat when he was in college. No less so now that we know the reason why this girl ran out and blasted this football player, does that Does that make it better for the kid or worse for the kid who is getting picked on that his sister ran out there? Do you think that makes kids less likely to pick on you because your your sister is gonna beat some ass like you know, the sister's not playing around here?
Speaker 1: Or is it? Is it even worse? Snitzer?
Speaker 5: You have two boys and two girls. Didn't you say one of your boys at least one played sports?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, all right? What sports did they was hockey? Played hockey?
Speaker 7: Yet?
Speaker 5: Okay, if in the middle of a hockey game his sister darted out onto the ice and checked one of the opposing players into the boards, what do you think your your son would have done?
Speaker 1: How would you have felt about that? I have been embarrassed?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, see that this player is embarrassed and his sister ran out there in the field, and yeah, I agree, probably just been mortified.
Speaker 10: You can't have your baby, I don't know. If oh it's his older sister, yeah I would be baby. So if it was opposite, it was like older. You can't have your sister fighting your battles.
Speaker 5: No, no, No, it's embarrassing as a boy, even if you're getting beat up. I think he'd rather just get beat up than have your sister step in and stop you from getting beat up.
Speaker 1: But we'll see what happens to this girl.
Speaker 5: She was charged with with assault and things like that, so we'll see if they drop the charges or she was gett a lifetime ban from the county school property. She was charged with assault and disorderly conduct by the County Sheriff's office, and she is also not allowed to attend any more of the middle school games home or away. So she's completely done with being able to see her brothers football games. Now, we didn't talk about the I know this has been in the news. A lot of people sent this to me. The surrogate mother who she was contracted by a couple to carry it. Excuse me, I'm sick today. She was contracted by a couple to carry a child for them. The couple I think was in California, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: And so they.
Speaker 5: I guess they're using the couple's sperm and egg or whatever I think, or some combination of that. Obviously they're using a surrogate for some reason. So the surrogate, McKenna West is her name, she's implanted with this baby. The baby's growing inside of her. They start doing the regular checkups, they're doing the ultrasounds, they're doing all the stuff that you're supposed to do, and they determine in the middle of this that the baby that she's carrying has hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Now, this is something where it requires immediate surgery. Otherwise the baby is going to die in a matter of days. But they can do with surgery, they can do follow up surgeries. I mean it's a lifetime of surgeries probably, and then as you're an adult, you use Some of these kids will live into their thirties, but they essentially need specialized care, follow up things like that for their entire lives when you have this hypoplastic left heart syndrome. So the parents they get they get alerted to this. The baby, I think was twenty weeks old at that point. How many what is that twenty weeks old? What's a full term doge? Full term pregnancy is how many weeks? Forty forty weeks? Okay, so halfway there. So when the baby's twenty weeks old, they figure out that it has this heart defect, and the parents in California, they say, you know what, we're out.
Speaker 1: We don't want to mess with this.
Speaker 5: We don't want to the baby to have a potential lifetime of misery, we don't want to have a lifetime of specialized care.
Speaker 1: Abort the fetus.
Speaker 5: And this McKenna, she refuses to abort the child, even though it's not her baby. She's just carrying the baby for this other couple. So she listen to this. So she leaves and moves to Texas where she gets the who was it the attorney general or the governor or whoever. She gets them on her side, and you know how pro life they are, and she goes to Texas so she can have the baby and they'll have immediate care there in Texas. And I remember, I think it was the governor. He's like, we're going to get care for this baby. We're going to save this baby's life. And in the meantime, the parents out in California are like, this is our baby.
Speaker 1: We're we're supposed to be the ones calling the shot.
Speaker 5: So they she essentially, the surrogate, essentially kidnaps the unborn child, spirits the unborn child the way to Texas, where she then gives birth. The parents have to file an emergency order and to get custody of the baby that they wanted aborted. And the surrogate is crying about this now, like you can't do this, and I like, she's trying to make herself out to be a saint.
Speaker 3: Why can't she just keep the baby? Give the baby to her because.
Speaker 5: It's not her baby. She has an agreement, I out, but willing. They don't want anybody else to have their child, so.
Speaker 4: Just kill the kid.
Speaker 3: There's no sympathy for the woman that carried the child and brought the child life because of this woman. So she if she has bonded with this baby, why not let her take the kid?
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know if she could bond with the baby, because they immediately took the baby away from her once she gave birth. The authorities came in and you know, they had a corrol or whatever, and they took the baby away from these surrogate. Now she's like, ah, you know, and she's like, I didn't do this for political theater. I think you did. I look politic I mean, this is the agreement that you get into when you when you agree to be a surrogate mother, you're going to carry another couple child.
Speaker 1: You know that this is part of the agreement that things could go wrong.
Speaker 5: Or that the couple might say we don't want What if the baby had Down syndrome, what if the baby had whatever and it's a did the parents go I don't want to I don't want to mess around with this, right or wrong. You can make your own decision what you would do in that situation. If you were a parent, you had a baby with a heart defect, you had a baby with Down syndrome, you had a baby with whatever defect that it has, you would make the decision as to what to do. When you're a surrogate, you go, okay, I'm going to carry your child. It is your child and essentially I'm just a vessel for carrying this baby, but the baby is really still yours. When I give birth to the baby or Hannah back over to you because it's your baby. And as part of the agreement, I have to abide by when they do this sign of I have to abide by whatever your wishes are with this child, this family. I don't think it's any different if this woman had been carrying this baby on her own. I'm talking about the the the actual parents, not the surrogate, but the parent parents. If the woman in that relationship had been carrying the baby herself, she would have had the ability to abort the fetus and said, I don't want to have to put up with the time, the money, you know, all of the things that go into caring for a special needs child. That would have been her right to do, and the same right should extend because they to the surrogate, you know, meaning you agreed to carry this child. You have to abide by what they want to do as if it was their own pregnancy.
Speaker 4: But you have no idea what it's like to carry.
Speaker 1: You're right, I don't. I've never carried a child, and I.
Speaker 3: Never will a baby in your belly and and feeling everything and nurturing and loving, and so if she's willing to love that child and the other the parents don't want it, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It got taken away. Where is the baby?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is it?
Speaker 1: Where's the girl? I can't kill it, but well, where's the baby is now? With the original parents?
Speaker 5: I guess that they didn't want I guess, yeah, I guess I agree.
Speaker 3: So, but now they look bad because they wanted to kill the kid, and here the kid is alive.
Speaker 4: What weeks I'm sorry, what did she give birth at?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: You know it's full term? Did she carry it the full term?
Speaker 5: She they found out about this defect twenty weeks halfway through the pregnancy. Okay, she carried it. She continued to carry it. They're like, you need to abort the fetus. She's like, no, she fled to Texas so that she could give birth there in Texas and uh, and that's when this legal drama ensued. Now I'm sort of I'm in the camp of the of the parents in this case, the actual parent, not the surrogate. I'm in the camp again, you have an agreement, don't want the baby. I'm in their camp. They don't want the baby, but they also don't want it's it's it's their biological batter that they are, you know, the baby that they have put inside this other woman. It is essentially their property. I guess if you want to look at it that way. And they go, well, we don't want we don't want our child to be raised by this woman. We don't even want the child to begin with it, but we certainly don't want our child raised by this woman who's not abiding by our wishes.
Speaker 4: So there could be legal.
Speaker 1: Ramifications of this. So even if.
Speaker 5: The the surrogate gives birth and now as this this heart defect, all of these expensive surgeries, lifetime of care, well who's on the hook for that The biological parents, probably because they're the biological parents, so I don't think they could just give up their responsibility to care for the child. So this woman has really forced their hand. The surrogate mother has forced their hand, and I I just uh, I agree with the parents in this case.
Speaker 11: Cocker, I agree here as well, Wow with Rover, because if you're those surrogate contracts are pretty detailed about going to prenatal care and they're paying for all your doctor's visits, they're the ones kind of you sign that contract and to me that is legally binding. I'm doing this for you, it's not for me, and as my having a baby, myself being pregnant, I understand bonding with a baby inside you, But at the same time, you're agreeing to pretty much be a store, but as you said, a vessel for this child. It's not it's gonna suck, it's gonna be terrible. You're gonna go through awful feelings aborting a child. There are there are gonna be consequences for you. But that's what you sign up for when you're getting paid thousands of dollars to be a surrogate.
Speaker 4: There is a lot that goes into that prior to Yeah, but all you got to do is.
Speaker 3: Do some type of legal agreement that says, Okay, I won't ask you don't want the kid, I want the kid, I'll adopt the child, I will never ask you for any money.
Speaker 4: And there you go. That done, And then they.
Speaker 1: Could be also mentally traumatic for the parents too.
Speaker 4: That's their problem. They're the ones that I know.
Speaker 5: But this is why they have the agreement in place in the first place, to avoid any sort of All this stuff, I'm sure is laid out in a contract that if there's a defect in the parents want to abort the fetus, the surrogate mother has to abide by their wishes.
Speaker 1: This is all.
Speaker 5: This didn't come out of left field. This is all stuff that's spelled out in the contract. And the woman mother just decides I don't want to abud Sure, I wanted to take your money when you were willing to pay me to cook this baby, but now I don't want to abide by the contract. How much money does a surrogate mother make? I know we had a guy call in. I met him in an airport. They were flying him and his wife or girlfriend or whoever, were flying somewhere because she was going to be a surrogate for somebody.
Speaker 1: How much do they get paid to carry a child?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be surprised, like fifty thousand dollars to AI overview, fifty to one hundred and ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, No kids.
Speaker 11: They paid in monthly installments after the fetal heartbeat is confirmed, which is around six to ten weeks, and then they were to get a monthly allowance to help with everyday pregnancy related expenses or if you need maternity clothes, all your doctor's visits. I've thought about it, yeah, I really I have thought about that.
Speaker 1: Like, so you could earn a.
Speaker 5: Little cash one hundred thousand dollars by doing this? Would it be hard to give up a baby that grew inside of you for nine months?
Speaker 11: Especially at that point your baby's about five months, you are definitely feeling things go on.
Speaker 4: You are bonding. I would be talking to the baby all the time.
Speaker 11: You are kind of growing an attachment to the parasite that's growing inside of you.
Speaker 4: But it would it be harder to give up smoking weed.
Speaker 1: Well, when I was pregnant, I gave up smoking weed. You did. I didn't.
Speaker 11: Once I found out, I was like, and we're done with everything because I'm now responsible for this baby growing inside me. I don't know why a switch was flipped very fast. I would do it for that amount of money. The only reason I won't do it is because the first time I really was worried about my body and stretch marks and gaining weights. I never wanted that portion of it. But now that my body's kind of ruined, one hundred thousand dollars sounds pretty good, So that could be a possibility.
Speaker 1: But I'm getting I just want some point.
Speaker 14: I just want to say that in all this discussion, I think any surrogacy situation is gonna be fraught with No matter how well detailed a contract is, you're still going to have some kind of complication. You still know what what it's going to be.
Speaker 3: You got a little going on today, Jeffrey to talk to him about flem.
Speaker 5: I'm sick, he's sick, We're all sick, Ao says. The surrogate in this case got sixty thousand dollars. Britt says, do she needs to stop saying the parents wanted to kill the kid. That's not how it is. Do she wanted to kill her cat that was alive and breathing for years. A fetus is a fetus and not alive and breathing. There's a difference here. Yes, there's potential there for all of that to happen, but there's no breath as a fetus, plain and simple.
Speaker 3: So she needs to stop saying kill the baby. But isn't that what important is? And I am not against like I. It's your choice and all of that. I am not against people. There, her body, her choice, that's that's your okay. But if a a woman would raise that child, why not let them do that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, if they want to take it, I do agree there if you want to take the responsibility, there's a contracted place we go through the login of saying she's keeping this baby, we have nothing to do with it. If I was paying the surrogate and that's what you wanted to do, and you want to raise this child, go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe the parents, Maybe the parents have a strong belief and I don't know this, but maybe they believe, we don't want to bring this child into the world where he's gonna he or she is going to suffer.
Speaker 1: For years and years and be in.
Speaker 5: And out of hospitals all the time, and surgery after surgery.
Speaker 1: With this heart defect. Maybe they have a strong belief and they go, we don't want.
Speaker 5: To subject the child to that, and then they'll end up having a short life and dying early anyway. So depending on the SNE, I think that's a legitimate, legitimate, a legitimate belief if they you know, I don't know how I would feel in that particular case. Me personally, I'm not a big proponent of abortion.
Speaker 1: I'm not a sub you know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't spend my life thinking about it, frankly, because it doesn't really affect me when y But if I were to say should abortion be legal or illegal, I would probably come down on the side of illegal, I would think. But to me, it's just not something that I care that much about one way or the other. So I'm not going to get involved, but some people take you way I was so the way my mom's seriously, the way my mom taught me about abortion and how to feel about it and whatnot was interesting because my mom believes that, yes, abortion is wrong.
Speaker 14: If you from the church end of it, they believe it's wrong. But on the legal side, she says it is. She says, it's you know, legal, because it is legal. Well back then that it's the woman. Whatever decision she makes, she has to If she decides to abort the child, she's the one that has to live with that decision.
Speaker 1: Sure, and I would venture to.
Speaker 14: Say that, you know, she wants to keep it baby, give it a fighting chance.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 14: If she aborts it, then it's she's the one that scott to live with that decision, Like what if I didn't abort that child, what if I gave what if? You know that kind of thing, So that it's all on the woman has to make that ultimate decision. And that's why I sort of stay out of that debate whether or not abortion should be legalis because I think the government, in my mind, should stay out of that decision because that's a very personal decision and a woman has to make personally.
Speaker 5: You may need to get a fake ID because too cool for stool rights. Most agencies won't take a woman over thirty.
Speaker 11: My wife tried, so that's why I said, I'm getting too old. I'm too old for that kind of stuff. Yeah, they definitely do a lot of there's a lot of pre screening before you're picked as a surrogate. So that's why I think that there's so much that goes into it prior to or signing on that. When they say they don't want the child, that's their decision. To me, it's it's their baby, not yours. You're just the house for it.
Speaker 5: I've got to take a break. Eight sixty six, Yo, Rover is our number. Eight sixty six, nine sixty seven six eight three seven. That's how you reach us. We'll be right back with the news next Hang on.