Speaker 1: You're listening KFI AM six forty. The Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: F and now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill handle silloween.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody, Yes it is. It is Halloween Friday, October thirty first and the Hunts are with us? All right, Now, let's see who actually dressed in costume. To two of us dressed in costume. First of all, Heather, Heather, you are Marcel Marceau.
Speaker 3: I am mime. Hello, yeah, white gloves.
Speaker 1: But great for radio, yeah right, perfect for radio. Yeah, good morning, you're with us? I know today obviously. Are you here on Monday too?
Speaker 3: I'm here?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, and so Amy comes back on Tuesday if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: Yes. Are you ready to get rid of me? Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Dareo Kono surprisingly is dressed up as Ted Kasinski with his uh sweatshirt, hoodie and his baseball cap, which he never dresses that way.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you, Yeah, you're welcome. Yeah, in an Empire uniform.
Speaker 1: I guess it is. And Neil, you're dressed.
Speaker 4: I get lazy and every year I dresses George Clooney. I just at the last minute, I go, okay, just throwing a T shirt, and.
Speaker 1: Uh it works, Yeah, it works.
Speaker 5: It's just it's easy.
Speaker 4: I know it's late, but it's just uh, you know, you roll out of bed, you throw on a T shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean exactly that sweat shirt. Well, yeah, that's what I'm going to do today is T shirt. But it's going to be one of those colorful T shirts. There's a block party at my house and with in the neighborhood in front of our house, so I'm putting on throwing on one of them. Coming as a pirate, you know those T shirts that are printed with the pirate stuff on it. Nice. Yeah, just that. And and Dana Will is dressing up as he always does, a weather guy in the morning and a T shirt and nothing else Tourney Will. The camera doesn't go down that hand, I can't tell. I'll tell you one thing. I know. The camera doesn't go that far because during the summer, I look down, I go, well, there they are, you know, the bell ringers are in action.
Speaker 4: And Will does traffic now not weather, but oh yeah, Will does traffic.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know. And there's Ann good morning, Anne good Man. And that's everybody now moving over to head. There are a couple of things. First of all, I went as you went, leaving the morning at the five o'clock hour and into our show. I notice you said that you dress up, even by yourself, you dress up. Yes, that when you are by yourself, you dress up.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, did I say I dress up?
Speaker 1: You did? You said, yeah, you did. You talked about how you know I do that too, I mean I dress up by myself. Down in the room, I said, I like to broadcast a lot of heels. I like to have sex alone. I mean it's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, it's Halloween. We don't need to scare people quite so early though.
Speaker 1: All right, and how was the show last night? I know, what did your stand up?
Speaker 6: I mean literally, after you guys talked about it on the bill Handles show, we started selling tickets left and right. It was almost a sold out show, just as a fantastic just a couple of seats left. So thank you so much for mentioning. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It was fun. It was fun. We had a great crowd.
Speaker 6: I tried to limit the swears as best I could, but you know, it is.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you that was telling Anne there was no problem pitching. Whenever you're on, We'll be moarn happy to pitch it. What we do on the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate it. It was a fun show. Thank you.
Speaker 6: And I also had I think there were some bill handlefans shows people that came out.
Speaker 3: They were like, hey fu, so it was cool.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well there are some people still alive that yelled at not very old. How many of them here's the question, how many of those they fight? We're we're using walkers, quite a.
Speaker 6: Few, none, none of them. They are all, I would say, middle aged.
Speaker 1: Middle age. That's very generous of you, middle age. If you look at our demographics, our demographics have gotten older with us, and so now we used to be and this is inside baseball, our demographics that used to be thirty five to fifty four was our suitet spot where this was where we wanted to broadcast, and that's where we wanted listeners. Traditionally is twenty five fifty four. These are the age brackets. Ours was thirty five to fifty four. Now we're sixty five to death on your show on KFI. In general, I think I think we do I think we do skew the oldest.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we do radio, and well it's a given too.
Speaker 1: But I'm talking. I'm talking about on a KFI. I think we skewed the oldest.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 6: I talked about last time I'm a stand up show about AM radio and I was like, does everyone know what AM radio was?
Speaker 1: And it was like nobody, Yeah, two people. So Neil used to be in management, and you have to have noticed that our audience is old. Your audience.
Speaker 6: No, when I'm cleaning through the talkbacks, they're not as old as I think you think they are. There are a lot of young quipper snappers that are still listening to this show.
Speaker 1: They you know, people used to come up to me, people used to come up to me. Well, they always still they still do to some extent. And that is Hey Bill, I've been listening for ten years, Hey, thanks very much. And then it was like, hey, I've been listening to you for fifteen years ago, Wow, thank you. And then it was the twenty year mark and say that's great. By twenty five years, I'm telling them shut up. Now it's hey Bill, I've been listening to you too, four and I don't let them get beyond that. Shut up. I don't want to hear it. The other thing I get, which I really enjoy, is someone in their twenties and thirties. Hey, my mom and dad love you. What do you mean my mom? Your mom and dad love you, listen to you all the time. How about your grandparents? Oh, they love you even more. My favorite exactly is smiling.
Speaker 5: Oh we keep you on at the home.
Speaker 1: And oh she full born in Handle we call now. There's there's a couple of times that this has happened, and this is actually very moving. Uh, this is no bs is Uh. I have been on a couple of occasions, two or three occasions, people have come up to me and said, my uncle or my dad or mom, Uh were they just passed away and they were having the last six months of their life was horrible? And you, that is you on the morning team made uh their their last few months uh livable And then every morning they would listen to you. That was kind of moving. And then you want to hear a couple of real sick ones. Uh. There was one in particular, I remember that a listener was buried with a radio in the coffin that was on to KFI.
Speaker 5: What that's not sick. That's kind of sweet. It is sweet.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of sick.
Speaker 3: But uh, what show was on?
Speaker 1: I think I think it was the entire KFI one. Yeah, and I'm assuming. Yeah. Can you imagine you're burying someone and all of a sudden, you're going past and there's a graveyard and you're hearing KFI on it. That's when you really get frightened.
Speaker 4: When you kick it, I'm gonna put, you know, a streaming device in with you and it's just going to be doing podcasts from the John Cobelt Show.
Speaker 1: That's perfect, over and.
Speaker 5: Over and over.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, that's enough. Uh yeah, we'll end it at that point. We still have a whole lot to cover, and so let's do it. It's time for Handle on the News with Heather Brooker in for Amy Today. Neil and me lead story. Yeah, this story is that now it's getting some serious legs because the property owners and the renters and the owners of businesses and the Palisades fire who lost everything all of a sudden. I think they're suing the city and actually getting a case for it in the city. I think this isn't to make go bankrupt on this one because it turned out that that fire was originally a small fire in the Palisades and it was taken it. I was only eight acres and it was put out, and there was still smoldering debris there, hot rocks, and the firefighter said, we have to take these out. We have to stay here, make sure everything is out and extinguished. And the battalion chief said, no, get out. Now.
Speaker 5: They're not naming the battalion chief.
Speaker 1: No, they won't at this point. I mean, it'll happen because he's going to be sued or she is going to be sued personally. But if it turns out that they can connect the Palisades fire to that fire, and there seems to be the connection because that's where it ignited, then you have pure negligence. Why did you in light of the fact that you were told that they have to stay and put out the smouldering fires, the hawks, the rocks were even still very hot and you pulled them out.
Speaker 4: Why And they have the technology obviously to be able to look and see where the hotspots are, and from what they're saying, they didn't even bring that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about putting your hand? Yeah, it was just crazy and so now the city, if the city is going to be held responsible, the city's bankrupt. It's that simple. The city is bankrupt. How do you pay off sixteen thousand homeowners? How do you pay off homes in along Malibu along the sea, you know, Malibu on the seaside of Malibu, that are twelve million dollars apiece? How do you pay those off? And there's hundreds of those? All right? Moving on? All right?
Speaker 6: So President Trump has called for an end of the filibuster to break the stalemate that's going on right now. He's telling the Republicans to shut down the shutdown basically to play the quote Trump card. This is what he posted on social media, and he called it the nuclear option to get rid of the filibuster, and get rid of it now.
Speaker 1: Now, the filibuster, it is the nuclear option. They did that with the Supreme Court justices, and that is the filibuster, which you then need sixty votes in the Senate to override the filibuster, which effectively means that senators from the opposite party can just shut down any bill that's going through that you can filibuster through, and so it gives the opposing party some ammunition when you get rid of the filibuster, it's a straight majority. You have one more than the majority, and you've got it. They did that with the Supreme Court justices get rid of the filibuster. But that makes sense because Supreme Court justices lasts for thirty thirty five years. Now this does not. So what's happening is if they go So I see where I conflated it, because we're talking about snap funding and this is just another one. Okay, the school system is going to do snap funding, Okay, fair enough, I say it's yeah, And the kids are all going to write thank you cards and unfortunately, because it's LAUSD, they're gonna misspell thank you. Okay. So now I went to la USD and now everybody graduates with a certificate of illiteracy. The school system isn't so good anymore.
Speaker 3: And look at you now, big time radio hosts.
Speaker 4: We have the former president of the company, Greg Ashlock, who I dore, who would sign his emails th X, And I'm like, thinks that's what thinks.
Speaker 5: Like just putting a couple of letters in there was going to be too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never understood, Uh, okay, I've never understood this. The only thing I do understand is a WTF. That one I get, But everything else I do not understand.
Speaker 4: Blue Literally you got fifteen people were taken to a hospital after a drop in altitude. I've never experienced that on a Planet's fun.
Speaker 1: It's fun. You know, when they tell you to buckle your seat belt while you're sitting down, that's a good idea. I don't know why they don't make it. Why don't they make it mandatory. I don't get why they don't say you have to on takeoff and landing you have to buckle your seat belt. You can't go to the restroom when that little light is on. Well, I don't get why it isn't absolutely necessary because you get these drops in uh in altitude and they go thousands of feet.
Speaker 5: Man, this then you're help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like an elevator, a very very fast elevator.
Speaker 4: So they were traveling to Cancun, Mexico. From cantcuon, Mexico to Newark, New Jersey. That sounds like a horrible decision.
Speaker 1: If they are coming back.
Speaker 4: They experienced this drop in altitude and they had to turn things around and people were hospitalized.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming they bumped their heads somewhere and.
Speaker 1: It was okay, I'm assuming they did if they weren't buckled in. Yeah. Now, thank god it wasn't coming back from CanCon from Mexico because there'd been vomit all over the inside of that airplane. Value judgment. Okay, moving on.
Speaker 6: That happened to me and from New Orleans on a floor to throw up, from New Orleans to Tulsa, will I have never had so many regrets?
Speaker 3: All right, Ice says there was a man who was shot hardon me. I am excuse me one second.
Speaker 4: Well, mins aren't supposed to use their voice, so it's it's totally okay.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, my voice just completely get out of me.
Speaker 1: No, you have to well, you know what you have to do. You have to broadcast out of the box.
Speaker 6: Think, hold on, nobody can see this comedy that's happening right now.
Speaker 4: Sometimes in life you're just going against the wind there.
Speaker 6: All right, moving on, all right, Ice Operation Ontario turned violent after a man was shot by ICE agents and then fled the scene.
Speaker 5: Just let them do their job for now and vote with your votes. Yeah, you can protest. You're getting hurt for no reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't get involved. You're hurting your own you're hurting your own argument. You're hurting your side by getting involved in shooting or throwing rocks or bottles at ICE agents.
Speaker 6: Well, I said, this man wasn't their original target. They were conducting a traffic stop and this driver drove up and then drove up into his car reverse and trying.
Speaker 1: The case though, when you see the protesters are surrounding ICE agents that are picking people up, that's usually the case. All right, here's an nan or naner for Neil. Why don't you you do this one.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing it as a popularity contest bub and it exactly what this is, buddy, and on it you wing not Yeah, this is a popularity.
Speaker 1: Californians so smart.
Speaker 4: The same ones that voted for a high speed Trained to Nowhere bell H seemed to be overwhelmingly leaning to Prop fifty, going against their very constitution.
Speaker 1: Go figure.
Speaker 4: So two new polls coming out and it's not about whether this was going to pass. I think anything that has a D behind it California pass.
Speaker 1: It's not necessarily true, by the way, going against their constitution. I don't think there is an election cycle that doesn't change the Constitution of California. We do that all of the time. The California Constitution is over five hundred pages. No one has any idea what's in it. Well, that argument doesn't. So that argument doesn't hold water. Bub does it?
Speaker 4: No bub, then it means that our the California Constitution is crap.
Speaker 1: Well that may be, but for example, the input, the implot the implementation of that, that independent council that was put up that people say we have to keep on doing that, that was put up to change the constitution. So this, of course Prop. Fifty is about allowing the state legislature to redistrict and taking it away from the independent constitution, the independent commission to fight Texas and North Carolina who are doing that?
Speaker 4: Who was fighting Illinois in twenty twenty and New Mexico in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it has become political. And that's exactly what happens if you don't have independent commissions all over the country. All right, moving on, can go there, all old people, Okay, we're going to go there and yeah, yeah, okay, you and I are on opposite side of that one.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, Prince Andrew has been stripped of his titles and forced out of his royal mansion after the ongoing fallout from the Jeffrey Epstein scandal. He will now be known as Andrew Mountain Batton Windsor, and apparently he will moved to a property on the Sandringham State. The family of the late Virginia Jeffrey, who accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was seventeen, set in a statement to the BBC that she brought down a British prince with her truth, an extraordinary courage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he kept on saying he had almost nothing to do with Epstein, and then that picture of him with Epstein, and then that ridiculous interview. Oh, I never remember being anywhere near Epstein. And there is all the testimony and the pictures, and now we're finding out, right, and now we're finding out that Epstein and Prince Andrew, Andrew was basically sloppy seconds with virtually everything that that Epstein was involved with. And so he is no longer Prince Andrew. He's done. He is now just going to be a regular guy, Andrew mount Benton Windsor in the Andrew Silly Dirty Yrvy pack.
Speaker 6: Well, actually the regular guy who lives in the Standringham estate, which is a.
Speaker 1: Well not anymore, not anymore, not anymore. Look at look that.
Speaker 3: He's moving to it though, that's what it says.
Speaker 1: He's moving to sandring Him.
Speaker 6: Yes, they're moving him out of his Royal Lodge mansion in Windsor to the.
Speaker 1: Windsor Is on the grounds of Windsor property. Yeah. Yeah, but he's gonna have to pay regular rent because it was given to him on Windsor I believe or he paid nominal rent. Also as King Charles and Royalty, the royal family Charles and Camilla said he is no longer prince and he's no longer Duke of York. He will now be known as Andy Baby.
Speaker 3: Imagine having to imagine having to do that to your brother.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sure he has no problem with that. Imagine you're having to find out about your brother.
Speaker 3: And Andrew.
Speaker 1: Andrews an interesting guy. You know. During the Falklands War, Uh, he was a helicopter pilot and was rescuing people that was ressing British soldiers and he was in combat, I mean real combat flying a helicopter. So uh, you know, he had a great reputation in Epstein and went into the toilet.
Speaker 4: All right, I think they were Steve. He was excited when they said, hey, you're getting stripped today.
Speaker 1: That's very strong, except when you found out what it really meant. Okay, all right, one massive tech block.
Speaker 4: You've got more than fourteen hundred nurses going on strike at USC's Kech Hospital and they've walked off jobs onto this picket lines just yesterday.
Speaker 5: Contract talks are going on.
Speaker 4: But you know this great, great center, you know, the fantastic, fantastic hospital USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, high.
Speaker 1: Very high end. Yeah, we were talking about, you know, the hospital and good for them, you know. For a PR move went up to one of the patients who needed the care for nurses and said, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what I got to tell you. As horrible as it is, you know, we're talking about the SNAP program. How is it any different when you go on strike in medicine?
Speaker 1: Because there are enough management to take over for one day, that's not a problem. So if they're to two days, it's bad. You know, if it can go three day weeks, it can go for weeks. This is not to shut down the hospital. This is simply a statement, that's what this is. One day strikes, or simply pay attention to us. We've got an issue going on. That's one day strike. So if it goes on and on, you're right, then people really do suffer.
Speaker 6: The NBA Board of Governors has unanimously approved Mark Walter's bid to buy the Lakers, So it is official. Mark Walters owns the Lakers. The Lakers were in the Bus family since nineteen seventy nine, and Jenie Bus will be on the team. She'll be the team's governor for at least the next five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the Bus family has owned it for years and years. Doctor Jerry Buss bought the Lakers originally for six dollars or something. And look what he did to build it up. What is he a doctor of By the way, I know he has a doctorate, but any love? Right, he's the doctor of love.
Speaker 6: So watch that series about him and about him buying the Lakers story, Oh it was so good.
Speaker 4: Uh, Okay, don't sell drugs to rich famous people's children. Five alleged drug dealers facing felony charges right now. This all centers around the involvement in the death of Leonardo de Niro Rodriguez. That's the grandson of, of course, Robert de Niro acting legend. And now a federal grand jury in New York indicted the quintet quintet just on Tuesday, so each had a single felony count of conspiracy to distribute controlled substances that resulted in death.
Speaker 6: All right, say, okay, LA plans to recycle enough water to meet the needs of five hundred to thousand people. They are going to double the size of a project that would transform wastewater into purified drinking water. Their cycled water is going to allow the city to stop taking water from creeks that feed Mono Lake, and hopefully they're saying that they're hoping this will resolve the long running environmental conflicts that we have here with water issues.
Speaker 3: All right, so.
Speaker 1: Pretty soon we're going to be using toilet water, which incidentally they use at this on the space station and they take your urination product and filtered and it's actually the technology is there by the way where wastewater across the board can be used. But people think it's not particularly palatable, and.
Speaker 6: If you don't know where it's been before exactly that it's all a mental thing.
Speaker 1: It is just don't drink lemonade that I would stay away from.
Speaker 4: Okay, I worked with kids from Africa before, and one of the first questions they asked me, is it true that you guys use clean water for your toilets. It's an odd concept to people.
Speaker 1: They didn't know. You're right, No, you're right.
Speaker 4: Huh real quickly, last story, the biggest pile of BS we could find this morning was Amazon chief executive Andy Jasse's explanation for why they cut fourteen thousand people. It wasn't really about money, not even AI but culture.
Speaker 5: But culture.
Speaker 1: It's a culture of money. Yeah, I just I'm missing something here.
Speaker 4: Well, they said the Amazon's quarterly sales grew thirteen percent year on year to one hundred and eighty billion dollars. But he explained that Amazon added they added head count and locations and certain things like that.
Speaker 5: But they're they're changing the culture. I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're changing the culture by hiring fewer people and firing people. That one I don't understand, but you know, so be it as opposed to, hey, we're saving money. I don't understand.
Speaker 4: The Frosty story didn't come out about that. It was AI, that AI was more efficient in certain jobs.
Speaker 1: And no I did. That's why they cut all those jobs, and unfortunately entry level jobs. And the technology that Amazon is implementing is insane, all of the technology. All right, guys, we are done. KFI. It's true. KFI Am sixty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.