Speaker 1: The show one on one point three kd w B.
Speaker 2: All right, we are about a minute away from getting your next Sabrina Carpet. This is very cool because we got the connections. We got connections with Sabrina Carpenter, We got the labels. We got the labels in our back pocket.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's probably illegal that we have the record labels, you know, your Universal, your whatever, Warner Brothers records.
Speaker 3: We got them in our back pocket.
Speaker 2: So we're able to get you cool things like the Sabrina Carpenter trip to La.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna give you a keyword. This is the way it works. It's super easy. We're gonna give you a keyword.
Speaker 2: You open up the iHeartRadio app, tap that red microphone button, and you say the keyword is tears because she has a song called Tears, you see. So you say that, which proved us that you were listening. And it's simple. You don't have to add your name or anything. You can if you want to, just say the keyword is tears, and then you'll be in the whole contest to win the trip to La Any questions.
Speaker 3: Any questions?
Speaker 1: Pretty simple?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we do this every thirty minutes, so then we get to say it all morning, you're never more than thirty minutes away from another chance to fly to Subrena Carpenter in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe when you come to Boobash, you can wear a little sign that says you're never more than thirty minutes away, and that's your costume.
Speaker 1: The dead wie.
Speaker 2: Sabrina Carpenter would be a good that would be a decent That would be a decent costume because she wears like the little things and the little little nighty things and little garters.
Speaker 3: And things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bailey and I did the video we had the blonde wigs on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it could be Sabrina Carpenter. I could loan you away, Dave, No, I'm talking to you. Oh, you never know. It could be already be in my plans because I have my costume figured out.
Speaker 3: Do you have yours already?
Speaker 4: I don't have it, like I don't have it, but I know what I'm going to be. I know he's being so covert about it. I don't understand why he's not saying what he's gonna be.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: A couple of years ago, when he was the guy from Family Feud, Steve Harvey. We didn't know when he showed up, and I'm like, you're Steve Harvey. Did I keep mine secret Gary's fidy last year?
Speaker 5: Did I tell you a secret from me? I think because you're just you slipped up in front of Jenny and Bailey.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, get ready for Boo Bash. We'll have more tickets for you coming up. And right now what you should be doing is open up your iHeartRadio app. You need a trip. That'd be super cool. The trip is probably in December or so. It'll be snowing here and probably at least, like you know, tolerable in Los Angeles to go out and see her show. Bailey was talking to me about something that I think that we can all relate to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I have a friend.
Speaker 4: Her name is Sarah, and Sarah was talking to me this weekend about how she is jealous of my other friends. And let me explain. So, Sarah lives a very different life than me. She's a mother, she has children, so she kind of like rolls in that circle of people. Sure, right, and back in the day before she had kids, like we would see each other all the time. We would do a lot of stuff, meet her and her husband, and we'd just.
Speaker 1: Like get along really well.
Speaker 4: And now that we've kind of I wouldn't say we're drifted.
Speaker 1: We're still really good friends. We just live different lives.
Speaker 2: Most she's a mom, and evenings are not free and there's bedtimes and weekends or you know, soccer practice and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And so because our lives are different, if I do see her and I talk about other friends of mine, like I might be like, you know, having Katie cap around is really great because it's really nice to have another single friend who can commiserate over being single as well in our same age bracket.
Speaker 7: She'll be like, oh, yeah, that's that does sound like, Oh, you get to hang out with that person a lot, and you you connect a lot on many different levels. Yeah, and so she does.
Speaker 4: She's told me that like in a nice way, not like in a stop talking about your other friends.
Speaker 1: But she'll be like, you know, if you didn't want.
Speaker 4: To talk about your other friends, that's okay, because I feel bad and she's not included. But she's like so self aware about it. So she's not like being a jerk. She's just like you know, I'm jealous of your other friends. But what's what's wild to me too, is that yesterday her son had a birthday party and it was I went to it, and I was one of like two single people there. So it was me and then his like gay young and we're the only like the spinster and the gay uncle.
Speaker 1: Were too single.
Speaker 4: Panda there and everybody else has a partner and has a kid there, and they're all like talking to these children.
Speaker 1: They're all talking to each.
Speaker 4: Other, everyone's friend and I'm sitting there like, well, look at her with all of her other friends.
Speaker 2: So you found yourself a little jealous of her mom group kind of.
Speaker 4: Friends like all of her Yeah, her like married people with kids friends, Okay, And I definitely think like single people married people, they have their own circle of friends and when they collide, it's just you're just not on the same page, and I feel like I'm behind all of them. But then also knowing what she's told me, she feels like, oh, I don't want to hear about your other friends because I'm sad that I don't get to see you enough.
Speaker 2: And that maybe that she doesn't get to see you in it. But also doesn't get to go all the free time things that she used to do she wants. I think this is we probably talked to moms about this before. Yeah, who go through that. It's like, Okay, now your primary role is as a parent, and so you get to take care of little Jimmy and little Suzette and you got to take them to Brownie's and you got to take them to the doctor and all that stuff. And they don't have the time. But then they see you. You're on social media and here you are with your single friends and you're out at a show or you're out at a brewery or whatever. Yeah, and I think a lot of moms see that. I've never heard it from the other side where it's like you're the single mom. You're the single person. Yeah, the spinster as you put it, And you're looking at the mom group and you're going, oh, so, gay uncle, how are you time?
Speaker 3: So you're a spinster?
Speaker 1: I see that's literally we were sitting next to each other. So so how's work good?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 1: How's work with you the basics?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well.
Speaker 3: That's the worst, that's the worst. You have nothing to talk about.
Speaker 4: But then all these parents, they had everything to talk about because they're like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: So papers are so expensive. Gay care, Oh my god, daycare we pay two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: A week exactly.
Speaker 5: Is crazy that some of your friend groups, you know, just can't ever meet like mash together. Yeah, like all friends from college and then have friends from high school. And in some cases you know it will work, like if ride a bar and we have a drink, because at least you know we're in a bar, but like if we're sitting together, I don't know. But like they just don't always mesh, and you're just like, dang, yeah no.
Speaker 4: I feel like that about a lot of my friends, where I think I have maybe one small group of friends that's like a group of three that I'm like the fourth one two. But other than that, I all of my friends are like singular friends that they don't necessarily know.
Speaker 3: I gotcha.
Speaker 2: They're not a group. Yeah, you didn't take them all the girls week into the cabin together.
Speaker 1: Well, might have to introduce all of them to each other.
Speaker 3: They might not hit it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah. And I think like movies and TV leads us to believe like, oh, you're a you're one woman in a group of a solid four or whatever, and that's not I don't think that's an accurate representation.
Speaker 2: Interestingly, I know you're the stories about you, but I can relate it away because in high school I was best friends with a guy named Scott, and then another guy comes along and now he's friends with Scott, and I'm like, bitch, that's my best friend since kindergarten. The good news is the three of us. And then the fourth one joined in, another guy named Dave, nicknamed Moron, and he answered to it. His name was Moro Antonio, so we called him Moron. So there were four of us and we all really got along. But Scott was the kingpin of that group. So there's always a kingpin. They're the ones that you don't want to piss off. They get to call the shots on whether you're going to stay home or go out and you know, like get drunk or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well then you always had your your original you're og, You're like, that's.
Speaker 2: My friend, that's my friend. Everybody else back off. I'm his favorite, or I have a friend he's like my best friend.
Speaker 5: His name is Kadir, and I would probably make him my best man at my wedding.
Speaker 1: But I know I wouldn't be his. I know he has another friend that said a couple that bothers me. Of the friends, here's a text message.
Speaker 4: It says, I'm thirty five and I was the last friend in my group to have kids. I was always so jealous, and now as a mom, my single friends go out more than me and I feel left out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, both.
Speaker 4: Of them and somebody else. A definition of grass is always greener.
Speaker 2: I think it's true. Yeah, very true. All right, we'll be back in a second, one hour commercial free. Remember you're never more than thirty minutes away from another flyaway to see Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 3: So that's pretty cool. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: I'll remind you. And it's an easy game to play. We are having the computer craft and AI song about Boo Bash. We'll do that. I never know what's going to come up with, but I'm typing in lyrics right now. We'll see what it comes up with. Monday motivation, and then we're going to talk to a woman whose boyfriend broke up with her over the weekend, and she was texting earlier, like I think she was texting the show on like over the weekend, I was looking at text messages, and she said something like, you wouldn't believe why he broke up. Well, you'll hear the whole story coming up, and no, you won't believe it. I've never heard this one coming up next about another fifteen minutes on Katie prob d w B. You are never more than twenty minutes away. No wait, I'm sorry, it's the never more than thirty minutes away from another chance to go to Spring to Carpenter into Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: I got the whole weekend planned out for you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go see the show, and then the other time you're gonna go down Hollywood Boulevard. You're gonna get your picture taken next to your favorite artist. You're gonna be like squatting there next to whoever it might be. It might be Bruce Willis, Oh wow, it could be Elton John. It could be one direction. I don't know if they have the star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but they could go down to the Santa Monica Pier, which is pretty dope. It's a pier with a ferris wheel. Oh, pretty cool out there, yep.
Speaker 1: I've been to the Rose Bowl flea market.
Speaker 2: That sounds that sounds like a nice thing too, Universal Studios, and you can go see you see Carson, my friend, my friend Carson, my friend Carson lives in NoHo as the locals call it North Hollywood. Yeah, and then go hang out with Carson for a while, go down to Anaheim, go to Disney World, and then what else is there to do in Los Angeles?
Speaker 4: The planet not the planetarium. What's that thing where you Hollywood Bowl? Well, Hollywood Bowl Observatory, observatory. Yeah, that thing is cool.
Speaker 1: I was there.
Speaker 4: I went on a paramount tour, like a studio tour.
Speaker 3: That yeah, would be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh it was dope to La. This is the farthest west you've ever been. It is okay, you gotta see Hutchinson. You gotta go to Hutchinson.
Speaker 1: Sometimes God's Country.
Speaker 3: It is out there. All right.
Speaker 2: That's coming up another fifteen minutes or so on, Katie will be Motivational Monday. We always try to throw a little something at you to kind of make you go, okay. I like this Motivational Monday is audio and we had to bleep out the swears.
Speaker 3: But let me know whether you like this one.
Speaker 2: This one hit for me a couple of places, maybe not so hard in other ones. But listen to this motivational Monday and see whether you like it or what you get something out of it.
Speaker 3: Then here we go. Right, three years of therapy and sixty seconds, here we go. Number one.
Speaker 9: Turns out your parents hit their best and also kind of fucked you up. But guess what, at the end of the day, you gotta deal with it.
Speaker 3: Number two. No one is coming to save you.
Speaker 9: No magical mentor, no secret billionaire uncle, not even Batman.
Speaker 3: It's just you. Yeah.
Speaker 9: That includes the basic stuff like folding your laundry before it becomes a roommate.
Speaker 3: Number three boundaries.
Speaker 9: That doesn't mean blocking somebody on Instagram saying with me no with a smiley face. No see revolutionary. Don't have to be mean or rude. Number four stop.
Speaker 1: Chasing people who treat you like a option.
Speaker 3: I'm not a side quest and if.
Speaker 9: They can't see that, they need to go play somebody else's game. Number five self carr isn't half bombs and face masks. It's getting eight hours of sleep, eating something that grew in the ground, and answering that email before it ruins your whole fucking week. Number six, Feelings don't kill you. Crying won't kill you, Screaming into a pillow won't kill you. But ignoring your feelings, oh that's gonna destroy you from the inside out. Number seven, You don't find yourself. You build yourself day by day. Some days you're leveling up. In other days you're responding that score are one. Both of them count and last, but not least. Most of the time is not that deep. You're not cursed. You're just tired, thirst, seed, and maybe overdue for a snack. There you go. That's three years of therapy of this into a sixty second runt. I saved you fifteen grand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if your therapist you're right now.
Speaker 2: The big thing that I got out of it, and I know there's there's a lot in there was eat something that grew in the ground. Yeah, And I really like that one because it's like, Okay, I want a little Debbie snack cake. No, eat something that grew in the ground. And you gotta Yeah, I mean, you gotta have the little Debbie snack cake. Once in a while, you gotta have a Culver's butter burger. But at the same time, you gotta eat more stuff that grew in the ground.
Speaker 4: I like that he said that you have to face your feeling or face your emotions, or else they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get you from the inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, Oh, that's a good one because I feel like that one is the one that people are like, well, if I ignore what I feel, it'll go away.
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna festa in there and bubble up.
Speaker 5: I like, don't find yourself, build yourself because a lot of times people are like, oh uh, you know, I'm I'm not me right now, and you're trying to get to a certain place, but you don't actually try to go through the things to get there. So he said, don't try to find yourself, build yourself.
Speaker 1: It's a journey.
Speaker 3: I've never understood.
Speaker 2: People are like, yeah, I'm gonna move to Salpolo, Brazil and find myself. Like what do you What do you mean I'm gonna go backpacking in hostels through Europe and find myself. I've never understood what that meant. I mean, and maybe I got it wrong.
Speaker 4: Artist types who they're like, I'm leaving Minneapolis to go and find myself.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, Okay, do you have a plan.
Speaker 4: No, you're just leaving just to go and find yourself, and they're like parading it around, like look at me, I'm gonna find myself, and you're like, good luck, good luck finding yourself, build yourself.
Speaker 2: Instead, Yeah, what did you get out of Motivational Monday? Hey, shout out to Maria Lee. Thanks for listening to the show. We appreciate you. And if you want to shout out on the radio, we'd love to do one for you any time. There's still some magic to do in a shout out on the radio, we do. And we got this AI song Generator and it's super cool. AI is everywhere. There's something now called slop AI or garbage AI, where it's so bad that you know that it's AI, but you still look at it because it's compelling anyway, Like for example this one. Have you ever passed a little day and then noticed a kind of bit of poop came with it?
Speaker 3: That's called a shark.
Speaker 2: It happens to everybody sometimes and it's perfectly natural.
Speaker 3: I saw one with Bob Ross.
Speaker 2: Bob Ross is painting and he's like, do you know what the difference is between chickpeas and a chickpea? That's what it is do you know what the difference is between a chickpea and a garbonzo bean?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: Uncle Bob has never had a garbonzo bean on his face.
Speaker 10: No, yeah, it was a found archive.
Speaker 1: No I saw what it was Martin Luther King doing ones. Oh, no, hot ones with Sean Evans. Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 4: So here's just like a note on AI stuff. If you see a video on instagrammer anywhere, and there's a quick watermark that says Sora s.
Speaker 1: O r A that's a I.
Speaker 3: That's a new P Is that right?
Speaker 4: And it makes like really convincing AI, like super quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so people keep sending me stuff and they're.
Speaker 4: Like, hey, did you see this? Take it this cool thing? And it says Sora right away, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: That's not that's AI.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's usually people like my wife Susan, who is like the most going. I'm gonna guess Mama Rond is probably the same kind of thing. Look at this Barack Obama's juggling bowling pins and you're like, you know that's AI. Oh no, look at him juggle the bowling pins. That's amazing real all right, So this is AI We had a song generator is called the lyrics into song dot AI and I think the first couple of tries are free. But I wrote out the lyrics. It came up with the melody, It came up with the arrangement and everything, and it is ready to go.
Speaker 3: It's called Boo Bash. You guys want to hear it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did, Okay, Boo Bash have not heard it yet. It's an AI version. We wrote the lyrics. Here's the song.
Speaker 11: Every year on Halloween, Dave Bryan throws a party that's gotta be seen. Dressed up as princes Leah or a big bag of trash, Grab your best friend and come to Boo Bash Boo.
Speaker 1: It's a party like no other. Bring us the story of your mother, Come dressed like the lone Ranger.
Speaker 6: Get drunk and hook up with a stranger.
Speaker 7: Mistick Lake is the place that's happened.
Speaker 11: In Comes Princess Peach or Scary Black, Scary.
Speaker 6: Black, comes Justice one Direction or Nasty East infection.
Speaker 11: See what miss Lake, y'all.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have ball, y'all.
Speaker 6: Then a thousand bucks an hour, drink a dozen whiskey sours near.
Speaker 2: It is Well.
Speaker 3: They did a great job, didn't they Wow? I love how they did the echo little thing there. We gonna save that.
Speaker 10: Party like no other.
Speaker 6: Bring us the story of your mother, come dressed like the lone Ranger, got drunk and hook up with the stranger? Is the place this happen in that colus Prince Do's peach or scary black cat come dress is one direction or a nasty East infection? See you a mystic lake Joe. We're gonna have a y'all a thousand bucks an hour break.
Speaker 7: It does a whiskey sound.
Speaker 3: That might be our best one so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah one, I think I'm gonna come a as a East infector? How do I dress up?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: I was going to ask you? How to dress?
Speaker 2: Ask you?
Speaker 1: I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: How to address if you're a guy. No callers and let us know the show one on one point three k d w B.
Speaker 1: With some breaking news. Yeah, go ahead, Yes, Taylor Swift announcement just came out.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna was gonna say her announcement on Good Morning America.
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 1: It's the end of an Era.
Speaker 5: The sixth episode, Dot and Taylor Swift The Era's Tour. The final show the big streaming event that's coming to Disney Plus December twelfth.
Speaker 1: What's it about.
Speaker 4: Is it just about her eras tour because that's in the past, as they said, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's why it's called the End of an Era, So I guess it's a docu series about how it happened and then then then slowly how she's like, all right, we're gonna do this new era because you know, she was working on this album, the whatever, the one that came out last week during the end of the Era's tour, so she's probably gonna be talking about her transitioning and showing all that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, cool, the Swifties are going crazy. Yeah. I did see her briefly. I was watching the Kansas City Lions game last night, and they did show her briefly in the you know, in the box in the in the luxury box, and she was just you know, like hugging people. And the thing I feel kind of bad for her is she had Caitlyn Clark up there, you know the big basket. Oh yeah, yeah, so she had Kitlyn Clark up there, and I feel a little bit bad for Taylor Swift and maybe you don't. But I feel like she's always got to be on as Taylor Swift. Yeah, you know what it means, Like she's in the box, He's got to be smiling and gracious. I guess, like we all would, you know, you're hosting a little party in the owner's box or whatever. But I just felt like, can she ever sit back and put her feet up and scratch her ass.
Speaker 3: And do like the rest of us do? No, I don't think she.
Speaker 4: Can ever do anything like that, not once, not ever. Okay, speaking of Taylor Swift. On SNL this week, Charlie XCX performed, and there is a track on Taylor Swift's album that is potentially a disk.
Speaker 1: Track to Charlie XCX.
Speaker 4: Yes, so people are thinking that the clothing that Charlie XCX chose was like a clap back apparently for that distrack. Her shirt said Kansas City on it. So I don't really know what kind of reaction or what kind of clap back that is, but maybe it's just like a nod like hey, I see you and stun it. Maybe because that I do think, in my humble opinion, it is weird for a thirty five year old woman to write a disk track to another woman in pop music.
Speaker 1: I don't why, Like.
Speaker 3: I truly don't know what they have against each other.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Like why aren't we supporting each other?
Speaker 3: And seriously, you said it the other day.
Speaker 2: It's like punching down Charlie XCX is one one thousandth of and with all respect of what Taylor Swift is. So it'd be kind of like me, big big radio star making fun of the guy who does all nights out in Wilmer, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Or like a college radio station, like, hey, you kids can't do anything.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that? You wouldn't because that's a weird died.
Speaker 2: Probably would you would? I get a little trolley on the facebooks once in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to the college radio station those kids?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you I met the best. I'm not going to say who because the boss won't like it. But when I went out to the restore on Saturday, there was another radio station there, and they're not a direct competitor, but I always go up to other radio people and I'm just.
Speaker 3: Like, Hi, Hey, how are you good to meet you? Guys?
Speaker 2: They're like, hey, can we get a picture together? And we're all like in the same business. We're all in the same boat. We all kind of know each other, and it was just very cool to meet these guys.
Speaker 4: It was weird when you ask for a group hug, but like you, when it calls, it calls, it.
Speaker 2: Does sometimes, Yes, exactly. Diane Keaton passed away, which is kind of sad. She was seventy nine years old and she was an Academy Award winning an actor. Here is the clip from the movie Something's Got to Give. I've never heard of this one before, but I definitely have herd Is it all well?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I have an intruder in my house twenty nine Daniel saying, saga.
Speaker 3: Put dating your daughter, Maren. She invited me here for the weekend. She's in her room right now.
Speaker 1: Changing you're dating my daughter?
Speaker 3: Now, who would have thought that would be worse news? I think that's Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 4: It is, indeed, and it is a weird movie where he is dating her daughter who is like twenty.
Speaker 3: It's weird and he's probably fifty old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking forward to this. Olivia Rodrigo said, she is, uh, well, I'll let her say it.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm home and I'm working on my new album.
Speaker 6: I've worked a lot with MX over the past few years to do some special performances, and there is one coming up very soon, but I won't give too much away.
Speaker 5: New album from Alvey rod Rigo coming soon, and think the rumor is that it should come out sometime next spring, which would be really nice because we have something to listen to.
Speaker 1: I like all of her music. I think it's very good.
Speaker 4: She sounds different than everybody else in my humble opinion her a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I mean said what I said, ten toes down.
Speaker 3: That's what business.
Speaker 1: That's what the kids say.
Speaker 3: Now I did say that. Now they say that is that they.
Speaker 1: Going to stand ten toes down. That means I am, I am. I'm not changing, I'm not stepping up for my Yeah, I'm sure in my in my stance ten toes down.
Speaker 3: What do you do when hanging out with kids all the time? You're creeping me.
Speaker 1: Out right for everyone wondering why am I hanging out with kids?
Speaker 4: I coach a high school speech in deb eight teams, So that's why I hang out with like thirty kids every day.
Speaker 1: Every day, oh twice a week.
Speaker 2: Okay, goshcha shout out to day who turned forty yesterday from your partner, Happy birthday, Dave. You share a birthday with Well, let's see, Aoc is thirty six, Ashanti is forty five years old today, Sasha Baron Cohen is fifty four. Marie Osmond is sixty six. Today is Columbus Day, but we kind of don't really celebrate Columbus Day like we used to. It is also Indigenous People's Day today, and there's a huge Native population here in Minnesota, such a rich Native history going way way way back, I mean obviously way way way back, and it's fascinating. So I don't know if you say happy Indigenous People's Day, but I will.
Speaker 1: Just celebrate Indigenous People's Day.
Speaker 3: I like that, all right. It's Katie WB.
Speaker 2: You are never more than thirty minutes away from another chance to go to see Sabrina Carpenter in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: What I do is I give you a keyword and then you basically go online, and you not online, go on the iHeartRadio app and then just say what the keyword is into the iHeartRadio talk back feature. This time the keyword is espresso. So I got to do is just say hi. The keyword is espresso. You can do more than that if you want to, but you don't need to. It's up to you. Keyword is espresso. Don't say expresso, you trash pile. It's espresso. Come on now, express So ain't no X in that word. And then you get a chance to fly off to l A to c Sabrina Carpenter, which would be kind of cool. Dirt is brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's injury law been waiting to talk to Tina because Tina's got a story that I love it when people call us and tell us their stories, and we've had it's like a trend lately when something happens in your life. What was the one last week somebody called in and they had to tell us a story.
Speaker 4: Oh that they're they're a guy that they were dating died and they didn't realize they thought he ghosted them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they went out, they hooked up date number three and then he ghosted her and she thought, oh my god, what a jerk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she found out later that he.
Speaker 1: Had died and she's like, let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 3: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so we have Tina on the phone. I don't think the guy died, Hi Tina, Hello Tina. Oh I didn't push the button. Hold on, uh, Tina, there you are.
Speaker 12: Good morning, good marning.
Speaker 3: So you had something happen, you got you got over the weekend? Right?
Speaker 12: Yes, I mean he didn't die, but I feel like I can one up that one.
Speaker 3: Oh to die?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, when he died, he didn't dumper on purpose. This was this was deliberate and so what what happened?
Speaker 3: What that? What tell me about this guy?
Speaker 12: So I'm sort of amused and sort of annoyed. So we've been vaiting for maybe five months, and I really put my time into this, like thought, okay, you know.
Speaker 13: What he could be the one, he could be it, and you know the clock is ticking, okay, TikTok, TikTok. So I was like, all right, let's let's get on this here. So I put my college degree to good use and.
Speaker 12: I started researching. Okay, how am I going to blow this guy's mind in the sheets?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 12: I think I delivered? Okay, not to to my own horn to too.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, so.
Speaker 2: You delivered in the sheets? You would you google it? I mean okay, magazine.
Speaker 12: You're at four day is the internet?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're right, Okay, so it's.
Speaker 12: The library to research that. So I blew his mind in my in my own opinion. And then over the weekend.
Speaker 13: He says.
Speaker 12: We're gonna have.
Speaker 13: To break up.
Speaker 12: I'm just not into this. And then as the conversation went on, he said, you remind me too much of my ex. And then as it progressed, he said, actually, I only started dating you because you look just like her.
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I wasted my time and good sex on this man.
Speaker 2: Oh no, So so he he dated you because you do you know anything about her?
Speaker 3: Do you look like her? Do you sound like her?
Speaker 12: Because apparently I'm really good at internet research. I did search her Facebook, and yes, we do look very similar. I don't think we have similar personalities, which.
Speaker 1: Is probably realized after a time.
Speaker 12: Right, you're probably a super dud okay, because I got personality for days.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes you do. I'm sorry about that. So now you're kind of by Have you lost your hope in men and dating?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 12: Only that one? Because Dave I did all this research, I'm going to have to go out and hook it on the street because.
Speaker 2: Do what you gotta do. And so you did all this research, you learned all these things. Give me the top three things that you learned. Don't I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't. I can't have you do that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. You know what, here's the good thing about you? Wow, have you got a big personality.
Speaker 3: So I think that that's just a little like a stop in the road, like a rest area.
Speaker 2: Now you're still, You're back on your journey to get to where you want to go.
Speaker 3: Pound down. I love it. Take it, Tina, good luck, thanks for being on.
Speaker 12: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love how she did research to find out how to give him the best love of his life.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Also like, oh, you reminded me of my ex. And actually, never mind, I.
Speaker 5: Don't believe in doing that when you break up with somebody or it just doesn't work out, then trashing them or like it's just you did love this person at some point, you put time and effort into this. So to say well, the only reason I really dated you was or to act like no, I never really liked you, it's not true.
Speaker 2: I really like him a little bit, hopefully I Okay, So remember Kathy, the hooker that I dated in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: She was she was. Yeah, so I lived in Las Vegas and she was.
Speaker 2: I found out later she was a hooker, which was I think back in the eighties, like one in six women that lived there was a hooker something like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So and I didn't find out.
Speaker 2: We I mean, we really were in love and blah blah blah. And so we broke up, and I moved to Columbus, Ohio. And then a year or so later I met a girl that looked so much like Kathy that I liked her just because she looked like Kathy.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And that's the story. Oh yeah, of course, yeah, well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then did you break up and then say, actually, I was holy dating you because you look like my I.
Speaker 2: Was the first person ever to ghost anybody, So were the first person? Yeah, well there was back then, there was like you know, there was no text messaging or anything.
Speaker 3: Was a whole lot easier, you know, put.
Speaker 1: That on your gravestone. Here lives days.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, we got Boo Basge tickets for you. Let's get you into Boo Bash. We're gonna play a game called Directionally Challenged I will give you directions. You're just gonna tell me where you ended up. Call me now a win Boo Bash song. I won't play the whole thing generated about AI.
Speaker 11: Every year on Halloween, Dave Ryan throws a party that's gotta be seen. Dressed princes Leah or a big bag of trash.
Speaker 1: Grab your best friend and come to Boo Bash Boo.
Speaker 3: It's a party like no other.
Speaker 6: Bring a sister of your mother, dressed like the lone ranger, get drunk and hook up with the stranger.
Speaker 2: See that's the part I'm looking forward to, getting drunk and hooking up with his strains.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're gonna do? Yeah? Yeah, taking shots together. I'll take a shot.
Speaker 3: I always say it, then I never do because I don't want to get thronk.
Speaker 5: I know I always do what like I always say it, and then you never delivered promises from you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm at an age now where if I have a drink, I need a water as well a drink. Water.
Speaker 3: You are at water.
Speaker 2: You are the oldest thirty four year old I've ever met in my life. We're thirty four to thirty five.
Speaker 4: I'm thirty five. I've got a heating pat on my neck right now because I hurt does He's not making it up?
Speaker 2: All right, boo badge. Let's get your tickets right now. It is coming up October thirtieth, that is Thursday before Halloween. It's at Mystic Lake. We have one thousand dollars every like well three times for sexiest costume, best couple or group, and most creative or best overall.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna get you on the phone play a game called directionally Challenged. And the way this works is because like I think, Bailey is directionally challenged. Yes, I is. Let's say you start in Saint Louis Park. Okay, I'm here and give you directions for from Saint Louis Park. Okay, Saint Louis Park, you go south on Highway one hundred. Okay, going south on Highway one hundred, you get to the first major interstate and you turn right. You go until you get to the next big town in the southwest corner.
Speaker 3: What town are you in? Eden Prairie? Look at you?
Speaker 2: You got it very good. That's the way it works. Okay, we get people on the phone here. We're gonna play first with Selena. Hello, Selena if you go to Boo Bash, what do you think you're gonna be? Any thoughts on this yet? That's okay, I put you on the spot.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 8: It's hard to decide.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I don't. I don't know what mine's gonna be either. Okay. What part of town you live in?
Speaker 1: Selena, Minnetonka.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're in Minnetonka. You get on three ninety four, you're headed in to your head toward Minneapolis. Okay, but you don't get all the way to minneapolish you go north on one sixty nine. What city might you end up in if you go north on one sixty nine? I'll take Plymouth, yesh Plymouth or New Hope. Yes, good job, you're going to please hold on for one second. Let's do another one here. This is directionally challenged for Boo Bash tickets. Haley, good morning morning.
Speaker 3: Are you tired, Hailey? You sound sleepy? Bear?
Speaker 12: Ah, yeah, I pretty much woke up like this.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, well morning, Welcome to the world, Haley. What part of town you live in?
Speaker 13: Cottage Grove?
Speaker 3: Cottage Grove.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're down in Cottage Grove and you decide to go south on Highway ten. You're going south on heyh Way ten and you get down to the next town south of you, maybe ten miles.
Speaker 3: What town are you in? Hastings? Is correct?
Speaker 1: How nice?
Speaker 2: Please hold one second for Boo batch tickets. We're going to do another one here directionally challenged. We're gonna play with Paul. Good morning, Paul, Good morning. What were you for Halloween last year?
Speaker 3: Paul? You remember I was a scary.
Speaker 1: Zombie kind of looking guy with only a few strands of hair.
Speaker 3: Coming out of his head.
Speaker 1: You put some effort to do this in strands of hair?
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I was hearing a dog with a bunch of open wounds and I named him Gab. That's a lot of effort.
Speaker 3: All right, Paul. What's what part of town do you live in? North Branch? Okay, that's up North End?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I see you? All right, So there you are. You're in North Branch. You head toward Cambridge on Highway ninety five, but you pass through Cambridge because gross, you keep going.
Speaker 3: What's the next town you get to? Princeton is correct?
Speaker 2: We're more excited than Paul is Good job, Paul. Please hold on for a directionally challenge. We'll see you with Boo Bash. You want to do one more?
Speaker 3: Bailey? Yeah, I do one more? Hello, Jody, good morning. What are you up to this morning? Jody?
Speaker 2: All right, Jody, you can come to Boo Bash if you went on directionally challenged. What city do you live in?
Speaker 12: Halloween Capital of the World.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's find a Noka. Here's Blaine. Here's a Noka Blaine.
Speaker 1: Keep going?
Speaker 3: Why is it not showing up?
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's put you. Let's start you in Blaine. You head north on Highway sixty five. You keep going all the way up until it intersects with Highway ninety five. What town are you in? Cambridge?
Speaker 1: Is in correct? Holy bucket? Look at these people.
Speaker 3: I didn't think you'd get that with your amazing Joey how to get everywhere? We'll see you with Boo Bash. Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: We'll have more Boo Basch tickets for you all this week and next week. And it's coming up on October thirtieth, and missed it like, so stay here to win on one on one point three kdwub. You wonder where Jenny is? Jenny got laid off in another Dieheart Radio.
Speaker 3: No, it's not true.
Speaker 2: No, she's living her best life. She's out leaf peeping, she's living in her camper van, and she's going to be back tomorrow on the show. But she's parking in all these places where it's called wild camping, where you don't pay, you just park there because they don't chase you away.
Speaker 4: It's like a random parking lot on the side of the road kind of place.
Speaker 2: She had one where she was look at her Instagram Jenny katwb there's one where she looks out the back of her van. She got the doors open, the lake is right there. Yeah, it's amazing bombkers to me. And now I keep onting to be like, Jenny, can I borrow your van?
Speaker 3: I don't you.
Speaker 1: I don't think that. Listen. I would do it.
Speaker 3: I would go.
Speaker 1: She just wouldn't let me borrow her van.
Speaker 3: Probably true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she posted a video she said, I guess in installing one thing in her van, I think she messed up her heater. So one night she had to wear like seven different layers. But then she got hot, so she took off a couple of layers. And I'm like, Lord, I said, I'd be so fed up. I admire her so much for doing that. I mean, she's out doing this by herself. She fixed up her own camper van, and good for her. She's on a solo trip through the north Shore.
Speaker 1: The peep and leaves.
Speaker 2: You know, let's do a little font stirs the pot on. Katie WB had this argument this weekend.
Speaker 1: Is dance a sport?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 5: I don't feel like if somebody says, do you do sports, I'm gonna say yes. I think it's gonna be like, no, I do dance.
Speaker 4: Would you say instead of saying I do sports when you say I'm an athlete?
Speaker 1: Because I think dancers are athletes. Okay, what about cheerleading?
Speaker 4: I think those people are athletes because I, okay a cheerleader. I feel like it's way more physically fit than like, I don't know half people who actually do play a sport, Like I could play kickball.
Speaker 1: That's a sport.
Speaker 3: But but are you an athlete?
Speaker 4: But I'm a fat happens to know how to kick a ball classifies something as a sport.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that they've had this argument for a while.
Speaker 2: If they're scorekeeping, rules, standards, and advancement, then maybe it's a sport. Like if you go to the cheerleading championships down in Orlando or whatever, there's going to be like, you know, one school like Wake Forest is going to lose to Penn State. So yeah, there's like a level of athletic competition. So then the same thing happens happens in debate. But then debate is not a sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a sport, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: So, then it's banned a sport because there's the championship not championships competitions for banned as much.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying, it's banned, and I don't think that. I don't think that anything needs to designate itself as a sport to be justified. Dance, Sure, you can call it a sport, but to me, it's dance because it's such a beautiful thing on its own. It doesn't need to be justified as a sport. We already know it's a sport, but it's dance.
Speaker 5: I was having this argument because the person I was talking to was like, Oh, it makes it a sport because you're doing you're being athletic and you're moving your body and stuff.
Speaker 1: You're doing that in band as well, and they were like, well, band's not a sport, but by.
Speaker 4: Your classifications, I would say marching band kids, those are athletes.
Speaker 3: No, they're not. You've seen some of them. You see that player, that tuba player is huge.
Speaker 1: You have to Yeah, they're huge. They're made a muscle. They have to carry a right across a field, turn into a you know, yeah it snow flake. You ever seen a drum line?
Speaker 5: The way they make them do laps on the field and have to run with the with the big old bass drum.
Speaker 1: That is a lot of work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think they I think they're all athletes, though it might I don't know, maybe a sport. Sometimes I see where you're coming from font, even though I don't necessarily agree with you, but like I think we think sports are yes, scorekeeping, but you also have a ball like a ball, I don't think score keeping.
Speaker 1: Why name one sport that doesn't have a ball. Hockey, Yeah, okay, hockey, but it's got a little bit wrestling. You think.
Speaker 3: Track and field.
Speaker 1: What did you say you think fencing is a sport? Isn't it just fencing?
Speaker 3: It is just facing?
Speaker 4: Okay, sport, wrestling, hockey, not of those have all. Hockey essentially has a ball. It's just flat and tiny and it spins around. Wrestling, that's definitely a high school sport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think dance and cheerleading are a sport. But I think that they're so like, so so wonderful on their own that I don't think that you need to justify them as a sport. They're dance and cheerleading.
Speaker 1: They are I'm gonna be cranky.
Speaker 4: Then if wrestling and swimming are sports, but dancing and cheerleading aren't sports, why aren't dancing and cheerleading not sports?
Speaker 5: You also got to think about cheerleading is something that happens at sports games as well, Like, yes, they do their own competitions, but cheerleaders are at football games, which is what people classify as the sport, the football.
Speaker 1: I think it's because they're a bunch of girls. You don't like girls, font I said, people, not me. Can I be the first TIXT message that came through were repeat your argument?
Speaker 3: I'm sor.
Speaker 1: I want to know if dance is a sport, if cheerleading.
Speaker 5: Is a sport, because by classifications they're technically not. You're not going to say Bailey do you do sports. You're not gonna say yes, I dance. You're gonna say no, but I dance. You know it doesn't it's not in the same realm. First text message that came in says, go to hell vant.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: People are upset though.
Speaker 5: People are saying, I'm bringing up I'm bringing this up in the wrong state because what classifications.
Speaker 3: It's huge.
Speaker 5: Somebody said you're gonna start a war vont dance and cheerleading r indeed a sport just by what? By what standards? Because I'm moving around a lot. So then that mean band is a sport. If we're going by competitions. Is chess a sport?
Speaker 2: They have chest mid Chess is a competition, but not a sport. Text messages is band a sport? My brother said this? One says my brother was a tuba nerd. Definitely not an athlete.
Speaker 1: Laugh emoji, give him credit, Give him credit?
Speaker 2: And then is golf a sport? Yes, golf is sport because you keep score. You even if you ride in the golf cart, it's still a sport. But I don't know why it's a sport. Fencing is a sport. I respect all sports. I can't play really any No, not really.
Speaker 1: They're made of dough.
Speaker 3: That's I'm made of show.
Speaker 1: Amy's on the phone to argue with you. Tell me what's the sport? What's not a sport?
Speaker 2: Okay, Amy, good morning, good morning? Straight?
Speaker 1: What's the sport?
Speaker 3: What's not a sport?
Speaker 8: I say, if it is in the Olympics or has like a nation like the NFL, the NHL, then it's a sport. It's not in the Olympics, not sport.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So break dancing then is that a sport? Yep, Okay, I don't think so, because I think it's break dancing. It doesn't need to justify itself. But but I you know, I can be convinced.
Speaker 3: Pole vaulting, yeah, yeah, well it's part of track and field. Yea, yeah, what sport do you do? Amy? Okay? Also a sports which is a sport?
Speaker 4: Are sports only contact? Because then technically volleyball are you contacting other Oh?
Speaker 2: You absolutely are contacting other people? Oh yeah all the time. So I came, you said, are you pretty much saying I'm not convinced? No, I just I want to know what classifies it. I don't know if I'm four against it.
Speaker 5: But if we're calling dance in cheer sports by the logic of their competitions or athleticism, then band falls in that category as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think banned. I don't even think even in band. I don't think they they call themselves a sport. It's an activity. And I was in band, and I would have never said we're in a sport.
Speaker 3: But it's banned. You don't have to justify it. It's banned.
Speaker 1: Are you in marching bandam?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was in marching band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm jealous. That's the one thing I wish I would.
Speaker 3: We were the worst.
Speaker 2: We were such a bad Air Academy, high school shout out k debts. We were the worst marching band ever. We were the laziest marching band. We never marched and played at the same time.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 2: We would march, stop and then play. Then we would march again to the next position, stop and then play.
Speaker 1: The lazy kind.
Speaker 2: I blew a halftime show one time. Oh wow, Well I didn't blow the entire thing, but I played a baritone horn. And if you know what a stinger is, if you're in band, at the end of the thing, at a little bump up up up up up bump bump. That's the stinger. Bump up up, up up up bump bump is the stinger. Yeah, no stinger. They preached it for weeks leading up to it. Bump up up, up up up bump, and no stinger.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's annoying. Bump up up, up up up bump.
Speaker 3: Guess what.
Speaker 2: Young man on the baritone threw in a lone stinger. Hey, bump up up up up up bump. Because it feels like I should go there. Everybody looked at me, and mister Perkins gave me the dirtiest look.
Speaker 1: It feels like it should go there before we move on, I real quick, Victoria says.
Speaker 3: She was to argue with me.
Speaker 1: She's on the phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, line four, Hello Victoria Vans during the pot What did you want to say?
Speaker 8: Perfect? I want to say that before to me is something that you dedicate hours and hours into practicing and training for, just like football, hockey, dance, and cheerleading. I was in dance from three to seventeen and almost every single day and during the week and weekend was consumed by dance practice to go perform, just like at the NFL and the NHL.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but so then sport. You spend long hours at band camp.
Speaker 12: That's fine, we can consrow that. But like chess, I think chess is a hobby, and I technically think that band's band is a hobby too, But by.
Speaker 5: Your classifications, it doesn't make that doesn't make sense though you spend long hours. I think I don't play chess personally, but I'm sure someone listening does. That's a lot of time, a lot of mind power. You did the same thing in band that's true.
Speaker 8: See, it's just a gray area.
Speaker 3: What about yearbook? Is that a sport? Yes?
Speaker 5: Don't you know how much wedding we did? Don't ask on yearbook. I was the I was the leader of yearbook whatever the title is. The editor in chief is what I was. Takes a lot of photo taking to get the yearbook done.
Speaker 4: Yea. It makes sure there's a deadline, tap a bunch of deadlines.
Speaker 1: Shout out Johnston's here in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I have a bitterness because I was never featured in any of my yearbooks outside outside of the portrait and then the what do you call it? The band picture, the band wager, that's it. I was never featured like walking across campus giggling with the kids. I was never nothing because I wasn't a popular kid. But you take the popular kids like Susie Candell and Jeff Hellwig. Yeah, those SOB's all. They were all their beautiful kids. They were all over the yearbooks, six pictures. You would look in the index and be like Dave page forty eight, and then you get Jeff Hellwig page forty nine, page fifty two, page sixty seven, sixty eight, and sixty nine.
Speaker 4: I only got for the Spirit Days because I would go all out for Spirit Days and they'd take a picture of the best dressed kid.
Speaker 1: It would just be me, me, me me.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: VT starts a pot. We can keep it going at VT League on Instagram. If dance and cheerleading were a sport that I'm calling a band a sport.
Speaker 2: You're in the wrong state to say this, because we settled this argument a long time ago. Dance is definitely a sport, cheerleading is definitely a sports period period.
Speaker 1: Just saying just all of them, just