Speaker 1: Broadcasting across the La Todgers and Audio Network on the iHeartRadio apps.
Speaker 2: Level.
Speaker 3: Another set, who could do it lightly? Today?
Speaker 1: Another yay like the best player's ever seen. Welcome into a World Series edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: Time to finish this thing off.
Speaker 1: Your pregame Look at the world champion La Todgers.
Speaker 4: Oh show road still goes through La George And this is not a sl Mahosi means a position if.
Speaker 1: You want to cook. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Valveling Instant Oil Change, your.
Speaker 3: Fifteen minute drive through Oil Change.
Speaker 1: And by Spectra now your host walking you up to first pitch Golden It's tim case.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and welcome into this World Series edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck Official Dodger pregame show. As you're defending World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers on the brink of elimination, backs up against the wall, down three games to two in this best to seven fall classic. They are in Toronto, Canada, in particular the Rogers Center for Game six of this World series, a must win game with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five to oh eight.
Speaker 4: Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Maronggo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you are going to hear from Key k Hernandez coming up in forty five minutes. David Vase, our Dodger insider, joins us. Throughout the hour, you'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. Get his thoughts on this Game six pitching matchup. How is this team feeling after the day off yesterday going into this Game six matchup. We'll preview this Game six pitching matchup, of course your Dodgers' magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports net LA, who you can see pre and posted.
Speaker 3: In just a few.
Speaker 4: Minutes, we'll have out to the Galloping Motors broadcast with with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, the Dodgers were off yesterday, traveling back north of the border to Toronto, Canada. That's because the Dodgers played Game five on Wednesday night. The series was tied at two, and the Dodgers felt pretty good with Blake Snell on the mound going for the Dodgers against Trey seven to the young right hander for the Blue Jays. Unfortunately, it didn't start off well for Snell. Zilla Davis Schnyder let off the game with a solo home run the very next batter, Vladigero Junior.
Speaker 5: A stunning start to Game five. You a one now, Guerrero.
Speaker 3: It's a las in a left field.
Speaker 6: This ball is long gone pin to the Dodgers bullpen, and the Blue Jays have gone back to back. Oh, Blake Snell to kickoff Game five, two nothing, two batters in.
Speaker 4: Well three pitches into the game and it was a two to nothing in Blue Jays lead on back to back home runs, but Blake Snell would settle in for the next couple of innings. Meanwhile, the Dodgers would get on the board in the bottom of the third thanks to the bat of Key.
Speaker 6: K This two one pitch, Keith k Hernandez crushes one forget about it and the Dodgers hard with hitter on. It's a quarter of the way up the pavilion for Keith k Hernandez, who has launched his first home run of the postseason to give Dodgers Stadium some much needed wife and.
Speaker 7: What was Dave Roberts talking about hitting mistakes?
Speaker 4: Key k Hernandez took advantage of that mistake with the top tier play the game brought to you by Arco quality, top tier guys for the last Dodgers right back in it down two to one. Unfortunately, though, things would get away from Blake Snell. He gave up a run in the top half of the fourth inning. He would get chased from the game. In the seventh inning with a runner on in Kim Edgardo Enriquez, and things weren't any better. He had a basis loaded walk, had a single. It was a blow, a wild pitch. I mean, it was just a mess out there in the seventh inning. In the eighth kind of Falifa single to left that added another run.
Speaker 3: It was a.
Speaker 4: Disaster as the Blue Jays scored two runs in the seventh, another run in the eighth. They go on and win it by a final of six to one. The seven gets the win, Blake Snell gets the loss. He falls to zero to two in this World Series, and the loss means the Dodgers down three games to two of this best of seven series and now the Toronto Blue Jays one went away from winning a World Series for the first.
Speaker 3: Time since nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers ZHO hoping not to have that happen tonight and force a Game seven. They send Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound.
Speaker 3: For Game six.
Speaker 4: First pitch from the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada, coming up at five OHO eight and with more, let's head out to the Galpum Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, All right, Tim Kates, we're back in the six for Game six.
Speaker 3: The World Series has.
Speaker 5: No more wiggle room for the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Moll.
Speaker 5: They lose the seasons over and the Blue Jays are World champions and so you can't win two unless you win the first one. And they have the right guy in the mound in Yoshinoba Yamamoto, starting opposite Kevin Gossman, another pitching rematch in this World Series.
Speaker 3: They off day yesterday, the travel day yesterday. What are you thinking about ahead of this content?
Speaker 7: I think, first of all, the Dodgers need to get the offense going, There's no question about that. The defense too, for that matter, they've not played particularly well, not up to the capabilities and what we have seen during the regular season. I think the mindset for the players has to be looked, this is the win tonight, you worry about tomorrow. If you get there, then this Dodger bumplob just kind of feel it. From what we heard in the interviews with the media a little bit earlier. Today, they feel confident about it. But in order to really feel confident about it, they're going to have to hit better. Because if we look at just the last two games, the Dodgers have scored just a total of three runs, They've hand only five walks and are hitting one sixty four. That's not going to get the job done for the Dodgers. Understand urgency tonight, but when tonight worry about tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Can it happen that quickly as a hitter. Because it has now been an extended swoon for the offense, there have been a big Knights. Shohel Tani most notably, has had a couple of monster nights. Outside of that, he's been pretty human, and certainly beyond him, the Dodgers have not produced at all, especially in this World Series. Dodgers not named Otani hitting one eighty eight. When you compare that to the Blue Jays, you know they're big star Vlad Guerrero Junior. He's had a big series. Well even if without him they're hitting two forty nine. But I'm just curious. Can it flip that quickly like on and off day.
Speaker 3: For a unit?
Speaker 7: Normally? No, but it can. I mean, here's the deal. Uh, you and I were talking last night. What was the number you came up with the Dodgers winning two games in a.
Speaker 3: Row fifty times fifty different times in.
Speaker 7: The regular season. Well, okay, fine, it's more difficult here because you've got the two best teams in Major League Baseball. If you ask me that question, and you also told me what Kevin Gossman, who's going to start for the Blue Jays, how he was going to pitch today, I get to answer that question much better because he's known for the splitter. He'll elevate the fastball sometimes, but keep it down for the most part. Here's the reason I mentioned the splitter. The Dodgers are just one for twenty two against splitters in this series, and they struck out fourteen times against the splitter in those twenty two at match and we talk about the number of strikeouts. The Dodgers have to make better contacts. They have not done that in the first five games of the series.
Speaker 5: And they're going to ask yoshiohu y Alamodo to do something that has only been done potentially three times in the Divisional era, going back to nineteen sixty nine, three straight complete games in a single postseason. Kirk Schilling did it in two thousand and one. Bulldog did it in nineteen eighty eight. Louis Tiant did it three times in nineteen seventy five. Game six coming up in in a little while here, Tim, we'll get it back to you and be back later with some keys from Mote.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Nelly.
Speaker 4: As we counting down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game day meal on his Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's right now Shaky's dot com. We're off and running here on WRONGO because you know Dodgers on deck. Coming up, You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, how's he feeling going into this Game six matchup? We'll check in with David Bess say, of course, we'll hear from Key k Hernandez. We'll not deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next we visit with Kirsten Watson from.
Speaker 3: The sports net LA.
Speaker 4: That's all coming up as we lead you up to Game six of the twenty twenty five World Series. Dodgers in Blue Jays from Toronto.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kayson.
Speaker 4: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunted on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers in Blue Jays on this Friday night games. So the World Series from Toronto Dodgers. They must win game to force a Game seven. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch coming up at five o one.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson and.
Speaker 4: Kirston Now Joys is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that little car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. All right, Kirston, this Dodgers team, you've been around in the last couple of days, the workout last night. What's the mindset of this Dodgers team right now as we get closer to first pitch.
Speaker 9: You know the big thing I think when you look at this team and you talk to them, they really remind you they've been here before. Maybe not necessarily in the World Series, but they have been in elimination games and most recently last year NLDS when they're trying to fight the narrative of them losing in the first round back to back years for them to fight back win Game four, forcing a Game five against the Padres and of course ultimately winning that series, moving on to the next round NLCS, then the World Series, and all of the guys last year they talked about how that was the biggest series for them, you know that, if not the Yankees, to them facing the Padres, that was the World Series. And so you now have a situation in which, yes, they are facing elimination today, but they're coming off of a really strong off day, a reset. All of the guys had the option of coming to practice. Every single one of them showed up. They understand, you know, they need to get back on track offensively. They've got Yoshnova as you mentioned on the mound. They believe he is the right guy because he has made it very clear that losing is not an option. And so when you have the group that's coming together right now, there was some levity yesterday or of course Dave Robert's trying to race his on Kim almost want a hamstring.
Speaker 3: Thank goodness, he did not. He is okay.
Speaker 9: He might have had to have some extra treatment today, but he is okay. But you're just seeing kind of there's a different feeling amongst this group right now as they come into tonight. They understand they have to play the game well. They kind of tai Oskar said, everything has to go perfect for them to pull this off. But they don't look at that perfection with pressure. They look at that as we know what we have to do. We've been here before, we have the skill set to do it. It's just let's play a.
Speaker 3: Complete baseball game. That starts with the pitching.
Speaker 9: It's the offense, it's team at bats, and it goes from there, and of course it's sound defense behind.
Speaker 4: Dodger's switching up the lineup again they did in Game five, and Dave Roberts is elected.
Speaker 3: To make another change to this game. Yeah, they have.
Speaker 9: So they've got Mookie Betts batting cleanup, and Dave Roberts was saying that how he likes just kind of with the top of the order going show Hey, Will Smith and then Freddie when it gives those guys a position to get the most at bats of this game. For Mookie Pats yesterday, he was taking some really good swings in the cage. He said he was talking to the coaches. He felt like he kind of felt something that looked really good for him. The coaches also relay the information and Dave Roberts, so they feel like he's in a good spot. Then they've got down in the order, Miguel Rojas is gonna be and they're playing at second base, moving Tommy Edmond to center feet and with Tommy he's been battling on ankle injury all year, but he has made it clear that he feels good enough to play defense in center field, and with him doing that, it gives him an opportunity to get Miguel Rojas in the game.
Speaker 3: And Dave Roberts was very adamant that.
Speaker 9: He wanted to see him in this one tonight. So of course it's gonna be the plus defense all around. But he just he brings a leadership and hopefully he will bring an energy and something related to that nine hole that we haven't really been.
Speaker 3: Able to see in this series.
Speaker 4: Well, looking forward to talking to YouTube tomorrow, Keirson before Game seven of this World Series.
Speaker 3: I truly believe we'll be talking again tomorrow. I do too, too, I really do. We'll hear from you after the game.
Speaker 4: Kerson and coming up here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on the Deck. David vad Say joins us. He goes one on one with Keith k Hernandez. But I'm next your Dodgers magical moment and we'll hear from the manager himself. Dave Roberts get his pregame thoughts before Game six of the World Series. I'm the Tim Kats and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season Law.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday as we lead you off to first pitch from Toronto Dodgers and the Blue Jays Marongo Casino Resort at Spa a Grand Slam for good Times. Game six of the World Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Kevin Dosmon, the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at privately, questions.
Speaker 10: For Dave, Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 10: Hey, Doc, thanks for your time again.
Speaker 11: I'm curious.
Speaker 3: Are you okay? Did you need treatment? And are you available to pinch front tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I got to Medjimmy. I'm still gonna post. I'm probable. Uh So it's good recovered. Not my best decision, but it worked out. Oh yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: There's still some remnants on your left dock Hereston Dave.
Speaker 9: You're not someone who often likes to address the team, but as you all are facing elimination, looking to force a game seven, is there a conversation or a message that you share with the group this evening?
Speaker 2: No, you know what, I picked my spots and I just think that tonight it's you know, it's game six. This is what you look for. You want to be a part of this, You want to be in this moment, this game. The guys came in yesterday fresh, excited to work out, and that carried over to tonight. So for me, I'm excited, they're excited about playing tonight. So I think for me it's it. There's no reason they're kind of their actions are showing me that their head's in the right spot.
Speaker 3: Love Barry.
Speaker 12: Hey, Doc, Having experienced both of them different sets of characters, do you notice any similarities of the aftermath of the two eighteen inning games. You both lost two games at Dodger Stadium after those eighteen inning games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's fair. Obviously very emotional for our club, emotional for their club, But they came out in one two games and the Red Sox won two games. So yeah, I don't know what the parallels were. But you know, as far as today, I feel good with Yamamoto. Tonight, I feel good where you know, I just feel good about what's going to happen tonight. But we got to play goodball.
Speaker 12: Is there any aftermath of a fatigue factor when you come out of a game like that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there is, but you know, there's just kind of but I think there is for their team too, But they came out and won two ball games. So with the off day yesterday, I feel that we're refreshed. But it all doesn't matter. You still got to go out there and play good baseball. You got to win a game.
Speaker 3: Oh, go to the second row upfront, Doc. Oh sorry, that's a third rope on your left Jack. What went into the lineup changes today?
Speaker 2: You know, I think for me, I just really wanted, you know, Miggy in there. He's been a really glue guy for our club this year, and I just feel that having him in the lineup infuses some extra intensity energy into the to the lineup. On the defensive side too, I think that, you know, I wanted him to be in the lineup and nothing against anybody else. And then as far as kind of just putting MOOKI in the four, I just felt that I wanted those three guys to have a chance to get on for Mookie, get on base, and have those guys take the most of bets. And you know that's kind of the math a little bit.
Speaker 4: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts explaining a lot there, including why Mookie Betts moved to the four hole in the lineup tonight for Game six.
Speaker 3: Well, we continue here.
Speaker 4: Amargo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: We will check in with the David Vase. That's right as it leads.
Speaker 4: Up to first pitch from Rogers Center in Toronto, Dodgers and Blue Jays Game six.
Speaker 3: Of the World Series. I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 4: Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on you Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, is Marono Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Leading up to Dodgers and Blue Jays from Toronto. It's Game six of the World Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Kevin Gosman the pitching matchup. More on that coming up. Hear from Keiky Hernandez in about twenty minutes. First pitch set for five oh.
Speaker 1: Eight, Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, DVI, We just heard from the manager, Dave Roberts, sort of explaining his thinking behind Mookie Betts to the four hole. We'll see if it pays off the move tonight. Switching up this lineup, which also includes Miguel Rojas batty ninth and at second base.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and that's something if you remember when this series was still in sit in its infancy. After Andy Pott has continued to struggle. I asked Dave Roberts before Game two, any thoughts about benching Andy Pote. Has that turned into a narrative. And here we are Game six, and it's the lineup that I was hoping to see after Game two, and that's Tommy Edmond playing center field and Miguel Rojas at second base. The Dodgers need to get the lineup turned over and runners on base for show.
Speaker 3: Hey o Taani.
Speaker 11: Miguel Rojas was in the interview room earlier today talking about how the Dodgers can score some runs and get this series to a game seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, execution.
Speaker 10: I think it all comes down to that. I think we've been playing the whole year two open downs, and this is not gonna be any different. We knew he wasn't gonna be easy. At some point, he was gonna get tough for us. Obviously, we've been playing really good throughout this whole postseason. By the season kind of tought us a lot, and I feel like this is a moment where we're gonna get all the experience that we got from not just a year, but the experience that a lot of guys in this clubhouse have to kind of face the couple games. And the whole goal is to play a game again here tomorrow. Nothing you can do about the past. All you can do about the suppression and what do you do today to perform, to execute the plan and to go out there for every single out to kind of like give everything that you have, because I mean, two more days you're gonna be home and you're gonna be resting and having a full of season.
Speaker 11: All right, There's Miguel Rojas, who is starting at second base, saying, look, the Dodgers need to score some runs early. This crowd is already filing in tim When I got to the ballparking around two o'clock Eastern time today, there were fans that had their fold out chairs of forty five degree weather. That means they had been here first quite some time. They try to line up to get into the stadium. So this is going to be a rocket crowd. And just being around the city of Toronto yesterday and today, this city is getting ready for a celebration tonight, and the Dodgers need to spoil.
Speaker 4: That David has brought to you by the twenty twenty five to four point fifty from California's best selling truck brand.
Speaker 3: It's time to see.
Speaker 4: Ford in a new light. Yoshanovu Yamamoto gets to start in. I don't know, is it asking a lot for this guy to try to be the first Dodgers it's oral herscheizer to have three complete games in a postseason.
Speaker 11: If there's one pitcher on this team that can do it, it's Yamamoto.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 11: I brought this up to you a couple of different times. He was in this situation pitching for his team in Japan the year before the Dodgers signed him, in the Japan Series that's the equivalent of the World Series. His team was down three games to two. He started Game six, he pitched a complete game with fourteen strikeouts, and his team won Game seven. So he's no stranger to this type of stage. And certainly the Dodgers don't need a complete game, but they do need at least seven innings from Yama And it would be who the Dodgers and actually help Yamamoto navigate this game if they can score some early runs. The Dodgers. Talking to a few people around the team, players, coaches, they feel like they've got to flip the script script and be more aggressive early in counts. Jose Mota just showed me something. How the Dodgers are batting just one to ninety on first pitch this series, while the Blue Jays are hitting four point thirty three. The Dodgers have got to hit their pitch and be ready early in.
Speaker 3: The count, no doubt. Great stuff, David. We'll check back in with you just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will hear from Key k Hernandez.
Speaker 3: We'll also check in with Charlie Steiner. But I'm next.
Speaker 4: We'll get your Dodgers magical moment Dodgers Blue Jays Game six of the World Series, first pitching five.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I'm Tim Kayson's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt on your home LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Walking up to first pitch from Toronto, Game six of the World Series, Dodgers and the Blue Jays, Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Kevin Gosman, the pitching matchup for Spitch coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 3: I Dog.
Speaker 1: Hot Dog, Who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Bitch Magical Present by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: We go back to twenty twenty. Who will ever forget that year? October twenty seventh to be exact Globe Live Field in Arlington, Texas, The roof was closed for the Dodgers in Tampa Bay Rays Game six of the twenty twenty World Series. The Rays would jump out to a one to nothing lead. However, the Dodgers in the bottom half of the six. Then he came roaring back. When Blake Snell left the game. They scored two runs at the bottom of the six. They had a one more the bottom of the eighth Dodgers of three to one, with Julio Urias on in the ninth to close it.
Speaker 13: Out, no balls, two strikes, two out.
Speaker 3: Urius to Adamis.
Speaker 6: Call strike three.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers win.
Speaker 3: Finally, the weight is over.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers are the champions of twenty twenty. In a year like no other where joy has been so hard to come by. Tonight, tears of joy let them flow Tonight. There is joy in Muddville. The Curse of eighty eight is eighty eight and out the gate and the Dodgers are celebrating out of the middle of the field, between home plate and the pitchers bound. The Dodgers, for the first time since nineteen eighty eight thirty two seasons, are the champions of baseball.
Speaker 3: Charlie Steiner with a call.
Speaker 4: October twenty twenty in the Bubble in Arlington, the Dodgers beat the Tampa Bay Rays and Game six of the World Series, the first championship since nineteen eighty eight. This hockey magical moment brought to you by Hofey Hot Dogs, Hoffey Soka's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 3: Haffey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Rongo.
Speaker 4: Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with the man you just heard call that final out of the twenty twenty World Series, Charlie Steider. We'll hear from him next Dodgers Blue Jays Game six of the World Series. I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season long long.
Speaker 4: Dodgers in Toronto, Game six of the World Series, coming up against the Blue Jays, Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Kevin Gosman, the pitching matchup. Time now for the Brison startup, as we're a little bit more than thirty minutes away from the start of this game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. We have things over to Charlie Steyner.
Speaker 3: All right, tim Game six.
Speaker 8: Obviously the Dodgers need to win to continue to play on tomorrow. Thinking back more conversation that Don Zimmer had with Joe Tory when Joe was managing, and Zimmer of course had been around forever, and he said, managing in the World Series is different than the rest of the year because managing in the World Series, especially a game like this, you focused one inning at a time, then the next inning in the next inning.
Speaker 3: What did he mean by that?
Speaker 7: Well, and in this one to a game six, you may be thinking better to better, and there's no question about that. You have to win every inning. In other words, you need shutout innings. And for the Dodgers, they've been shut out in too many innings. They need to get really uninvolved and start to hit the baseball and hit it much better than they have so far, because in this series they're being out hit quite frankly, the defense has been better by the Toronto Blue Jays, and they're really they've being the Dodgers and are hanging their hopes on the Yoshinobu Gabamano, who has been absolutely brilliant in postseason play.
Speaker 8: We'll get to the pitching in just a moment, but the Dodgers, the big problem has been hitting. Since the eighteen inning Game three victory, they're ten for sixty one, hitting one sixty four. Over the last twenty nine innings, they're hitting one sixty eight and they hit two oh one and struck out fifty five times in the series.
Speaker 1: They're not hitting really at any level.
Speaker 7: No, no, And if we look at Game five, struck out fifteen times, fifty five punch outs. You talk it out so far in the World Series and tonight they have to figure out how they're going to hit the splitter. And I say that because Kevic Gossman going for the Blue Jays. The Dodgers this year in the postseason are just one for twenty two when the opposing pitcher has thrown a splitter. One for twenty two includes fourteen strikeouts. And it's interesting too, Charlie, you and I talked earlier this afternoon. It's interesting that Dave Roberts changes his lineup around, having Mookie Benz now batting in the fourth spot, Tommy Edmond with his ankle, is going to be in center field, and Miguel Rojas, who makes very good contact normally, is going to be at second base and batting the nine spot. The Dodgers need some production in the bottom part of the lineup, so they can no longer pitch around show hey o Tiney in the top of the line So.
Speaker 8: BET's is struggling and now he's going to back clean up today. That's the lowest he has hit in a batting order in eight years. And hopefully Bets can turn this thing around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they liked how Mookie adjusted the swing yesterday during the workout. By the way, that workout yesterday, the Dodger players are sent out. Look, it's a voluntary workout, you know, traveling the night before all night and getting into town. Yes, you've got the time change in the whole routine. Every one of the players showed up for the optional workout, and of course we saw Dave Robertson trying to delighten the motor run at the end of the workout, doing the face plan, trying to draise Hazan Kim from first to third base. Here at the end of the workout, Dave should have gone from first across the mound to try and get the thirty bets.
Speaker 8: By the way, three for twenty three in the series. That's one thirty so Yamamoto two straight complete games, one run, eight strikeouts and nine ning was the last time out last.
Speaker 3: Ten starts, a one thirty one er.
Speaker 8: But you can't sell Kevin Gosman short, although he lost Game two against the splitter, and that's his best pitch in the Dodgers' weakest batting average against the splitter, it's about a.
Speaker 3: Half a run per nine dings.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And for Gosman, one of the things he's changed is he throws that fast bow down in the strike zone more often than he did when he first came up. Once that has done, it's the same eye level on the spoil. This down is when he begins to throw the splitter, it starts down and by the time he gets to home plate it's too late to stop the swing. And opposing hitters and just the dickens of a time trying to lay off that pitch.
Speaker 8: And George Springer is in the lineup today for Toronto. He'll be batting lean off.
Speaker 3: We'll see if that.
Speaker 8: Old league or whatever it was on the side will be strong enough for him to continue on today and if need be tomorrow, Game six.
Speaker 3: Right around the corner.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie. Well, that's the Dodger game plan. What's your game plan? Brought to you by Angel CITYFC. He joined the best fans in then NWSL and be an Angel CITYFC season ticket member ticket start as low as twenty two dollars per game. Learn more at angelcity dot com. Still to come here, we'll get you a previous pitching matchup. But up next we go high and tight with keyk Hernandez. Game six of the World Series coming up, Dodgers and Blue Jays. I'm Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Blue Jays Game six, So the World Series from Toronto, Canada, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mountain. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast, went into game night, into group night at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high.
Speaker 9: And tight, all right.
Speaker 11: Game six is upon us, and we're here right now with the man that's been with the Dodgers longer than anybody else this side of Clayton Kershaw. And that's the one and only Key K Hernandez key K. Thanks a lot for the time and appreciate it and great to catch.
Speaker 1: Up with you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, key K.
Speaker 11: When you look at the situation you guys are in, you've been in this spot before, as recently as last year in the NLDS. Do you guys draw upon that feeling and the way you responded.
Speaker 14: I mean, yeah, you you got to try to find a positive way to think about things, and you know what better way to think about that? We've been here before, and we've gotten out of this hole before, and I think under even tougher circumstances. You know, going into game four last year down two to one against the Padres at their place, with no starting picture kind of put us in a tough spot. But you know, knowing that we came from we came from behind from that and we were able to you know, to do it. And for me, you know a few of the guys here we're here in twenty twenty when we came from behind three to one, there's some of us that have been been there, done that, So you know, you just got to find a way to you know, flesh it out.
Speaker 11: When you have a picture like Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, for you guys, is that where some of this confidence comes from that you can force a game seven?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, I think with our starting rotation, no matter who's on the mound, we feel really good about it. Obviously, you know, is probably the guy that throwing the ball the best and no better guy to take them out and again than him with a season on the line, and obviously we know as an offense that we need to we need to pick it up and we need to do our jobs.
Speaker 11: I've seen a lot of your Playoffs series before. There's been times where there's been a lot of overthinking trying to play that chess game with the other pitcher the other team. Do you feel like you're at that point in this series where at some point you guys just got to find a way to compete in the batter's box and and not worry about what they're trying to do to you, but play to your strengths.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Man, I just we need to be better overall. I mean just not one thing or the other. We just need to be better. We need to fight. We need to find that fight, and uh, you know, I I'm confident that we're gonna We're gonna show up and we're gonna do that. Obviously, it's a it's a winner go home, So, uh, you just gotta leave it all on the field and and compete to the best of your abilities.
Speaker 11: You guys said that you Savage did some different things in game five than what you saw in game one. Do you beg Kevin Gossman to do anything differently or is it going back to what we talked about.
Speaker 3: Just seeing what he has that night? In adjusting game. No. Yeah, I think we're gonna do a better job adjusting in game.
Speaker 14: It's just I don't necessarily think that Gosman is gonna come out differently. He had really good stuff his last time out. He had really good command, he was he threw a great game Game two. Is just we were able to get to him in the seventh thing, so hopefully we can get to him before before the seventh this time through.
Speaker 11: You're one of the more direct guys, so I'll ask you this direct question. A lot of people are speculating and talking about whether or not that eighteen inning game took a lot out of the team these last two games. Do you feel like that's just something people are trying to grasp to or is there something to it.
Speaker 14: I mean, obviously people were going to talk about they got to you know, you gotta find when things are not going well, they're gonna speculate about X and y's and I think we go out we win game four, nobody was going to be talking about you know, that took a lot of out of us. You know, it's just even in game three, in that eighteen any game, we were just not really doing much as an offense, and the only difference was that their offense wasn't doing anything as well. So the last couple of days or their offense has been able to capitalize on when they when they've had traffic, they've hit some key homers, and we haven't been able to do that. I think for us it's just a matter of you know, going back to bases and just competing.
Speaker 11: Does anything need to be said before the game? Where was anything said on the plane ride here? Or does nothing need to be said?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: I think things that happened in locker rooms should stay in the locker room. I don't think that's uh.
Speaker 14: You know, I'll let you guys create narratives, but uh, I think locker room is is a zoro private space and what happens in there should probably stay in there.
Speaker 11: All right, sounds good, I love it.
Speaker 3: Thanks K, Thank you for the time.
Speaker 11: Cool Thanks there he goes Key k Hernandez, great vibes. Before Game six of the World Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot, DV, thank you Key.
Speaker 4: Leading up to first pitch, Dodgers and Blue Jays coming up, though, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kase.
Speaker 4: It's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Blue Jays getting you ready for Game sakes of the World Series from Rogers Center in Toronto.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine at the truck built for the bold See your Toyota dealer today.
Speaker 3: They make it easy. Kevin Gosman on the mound.
Speaker 4: Thirty four year old veteran right hander made thirty two starts during the regular season ten and eleven to three fifty nine ERA, making his fifth start, sixth appearance here in the postseason. Dodgers saw him in Game two last Saturday, six and two thirty eight. He has three runs, four hits, six strikeouts, and a loss. This is the fourteenth time he has faced the Dodgers. He's faced him as a member the Orioles, the Braves, the Giants, and now the Blue Jays. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers. Twenty seven year old right hitter made thirty starts during the regular season, twelve to eight with the two to forty nine eras over two hundred strikeouts. He made four starts already this postseason, He's three to one with a one to.
Speaker 3: Fifty seven ERA.
Speaker 4: He has thrown two consecutive complete games, going to distance in Game two of the NLCS and then Game two of the Fall Classic. Here in the World Series again, facing the Blue Jays last week, second consecutive complete game. He allowed only four hits, just the one run, no walks, eight strikeouts in the win. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Kevin Gosman Dodgers in Blue Jays were fifteen minutes away from first pitch Game six of the World Series. I'm Tim Kasi's World champion. In Los Angeles Saders Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: This is Longo Cassino, dodgerste on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Blue Jays national anthem. Being sung at the Rogers Center in Toronto as we speak, it's Game six of the World Series. Yoshinovo Yamamoto, Kevin Gosman. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at five eights as we get ready for this head to head matchup, Dodgers need to win to force a Game seven. Is the Blue Jays have a three to two series lead. The tep back out and out of the booth one final time, Steven Nelson, Brick Monday Guys.
Speaker 5: Tim Kats, Kevin Gossman's very first pitch is just moments away here in Rogers Center, Game six of the one and twenty first World Series.
Speaker 3: And mope.
Speaker 5: If the Dodgers are going to go back to back as champions, they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have to do it the hard way.
Speaker 5: They need to win tonight to force a Game seven on Saturday here in Toronto.
Speaker 3: The key for them to do that is.
Speaker 7: Is to make contact. And they've got to do that much better than what they had done so far in this series. The Blue Jays, who known really for contact, type of a team that they've proven. I think that at two sixty one, the Dodgers only two oh one. Dodgers also have five guys in a roster that have hit below two hundred so far in this series. So what about Gosman the splitter keeping the fast ball down. Dodgers have not had a really good success against that splitter. Yeah, we're gonna find out. You know, there's kind of a drastic change in that lineup tonight with Mooki Betts moving down to the number four spot. So so Tommy Smith Freeman and then Betts, and as Tommy Edmund is going to move to center field tonight and Miguel Rojas will be at second base, and with that move to second base, hopefully that's going to shore up the infield, which quite frankly the last game missed two golden opportunities to turn in double blade.
Speaker 5: Doctor Rick Krguski I asked him, Hey, when was the last time Mookie Betts hitting a cleanup spot? He said Game four of the twenty seventeen Alds when he was still with the Boston Red Sox. It has been eight years since Mookie Betts has dropped down to the four spot of the lineup. The Dodgers trying to spark something I am I am told that yesterday at the workout Bets was in really good spirits, which is the bigger thing than anything you can talk about swing mechanics and timing. But for Mookie, when he is down mentally and emotionally, things can snowball on him in a hurry, as we have seen over the last three rounds of the postseasons, the wildcard round. But if he's feeling good on the off day, hitting into Game six, the Dodgers hope that is a positive sign.
Speaker 3: Here tonight.
Speaker 5: When the game actually begins, which you know what tim is, in just a couple of minutes, could be the final game of the twenty twenty five season for the Dodgers. They certainly hope not, and we certainly hope not.
Speaker 3: We'll get it back to you.
Speaker 4: I believe they will force a Game seven tomorrow night at Rogers Center. The Dodgers offense has been quiet so far in this Fall Classic. They were one of the best offenses during the regular season. You gotta believe, Dodger fans, the bats will awake, the ghosts of the offense will appear here on this Halloween as the Dodgers will force the game seven.
Speaker 3: Game six coming up.
Speaker 4: Kevin Gosman Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Sho hey Otani leads off Game six when we come back of all the post game, when this one is over, this has been wrong. Goo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. I'm the world champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network