Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. We're at the locker at the newest National League All Star that's the one and only Shark. Justin Robleski Robo. Thanks a lot for the time, and congratulations on finally getting a long dessert call to go to Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. I appreciate it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: How did you find out?
Speaker 2: Dot called me Lan nine holes and yeah, just get getting it in normal, normal stuff. And uh, yeah, he called me and let me know that that I was, you know, gonna be on the All Star team. So I'm super exciting. I you know, called my family, called my girlfriend, call everybody and let him know. So that was cool.
Speaker 1: So here's the million dollar question. You felt like the door was still open for a chance to get this call, But did you make vacation plans just in case?
Speaker 2: No, No, my plans were either here, stay in LA or be at the All Star Game. And I was hopefully leaning more towards All Star Game. So yeah, it's cool. I'm happy. You know, now I got to book all these flights and figure all this stuff out, so I'm excited. I got got a busy day ahead of me. But I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Justin Robleski started his Saturday by throwing a bullpen. You're already done with the first half for the Dodgers. Did you throw that bullpen because you got the nod to pitch on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna pitch on Tuesday. I believe that's that's the plan. So I'm excited, and uh yeah, yeah, I through that bullpen. You know, just normal, normal bullpen day for me. But you know, if I don't pitch on Tuesday, whatever, But I think I think I am. I'm not really I'm not having I haven't dove into the weeds on all that stuff yet, but Doc told me. I think that I am going to pitch in the game, But I have no idea. I'm just excited to be there. Yeah, I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: On Saturday when you threw that bullpen, did you throw it because you're going to the All Star Game or would you have thrown it otherwise.
Speaker 2: I was gonna throw it either way, you know, keep my body in shape, stay sharp. I had a few things I wanted to work on, sof just normal, normal business usual stuff.
Speaker 1: What do you believe has been the key to you being so successful this first half.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lot of things. I think it's some of its experience, some of it's, you know, just understanding my strengths and kind of continuing to harp on those and try to use those as good as I can. But you know, I've got, like I said, a great group of supporting people around here and my family and and everybody. So yeah, it's I think it's just a culmination of a lot of different things. But yeah, it's just it's been been crazy and it's been a good year so far. So hopefully, hopefully you can keep keep getting better and uh yeah take it to the second half.
Speaker 1: The All Star Game is not the end for Justin Robleski or the Dodgers. But who do you believe has helped you get to this level of your career?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a that's a tough question. There's a lot of people, you know, a lot of people from you know, colleges I went to, from you know, high school coaches, from my family obviously, that's those those are the biggest biggest contributors to why I'm here is them and everything they've done for me. You know, Mom, dad, grandparents, just kind of everybody, sister, everybody's just been been there for me this whole time and continuing to to, I don't know, stay with me on this this crazy journey I've had that I guess most people would not not give up, but I think just you know, maybe be a little disheartened. And I've always just felt like, you know, they've always but whether it was delusion or not, they've always kind of fed into, you know, my belief in myself and my ability to kind of just honestly number one, just get to the major leagues. And then obviously this is just kind of all you know, icing on the cake right now. But obviously the goal is to have a have a long career and hopefully getting a couple more of these things. But I'd say a lot of it's my family, a lot of it's the coaches that are in this organization and top to bottom, just everybody just has been such great helps with me getting up here. And like I said, I can't thank the Dodgers organization en just for you know, giving me the chance. And you know, because being an eleventh thrown guye not not those guys don't always get get a chance. So it's been super cool and I owe a lot to this organization.
Speaker 1: All Star justin robe Leski is our guest. You'll be in Philadelphia with so many other really good players, great pitchers. How much are you looking forward to being in the same room with those guys, being in the bullpen with those guys. How much do you think that's going to lend itself to you growing even more?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited. I'm excited to kind of to meet all those guys and you know, whether it's talk baseball, whether it's just shoot the normal normal talking stuff. You know, just just generally kind of being around guys that are that are you know at that stage in the game is super cool. And I'm not gonna take it for grant. I'm trying to, you know, soak in as much as I can when I'm there, and uh yeah, hopefully hopefully keep in touch with a lot of these guys. But yeah, it's super exciting. Something I'm obviously, you know, I've always dreamed of and wanted to do is be an All Star and you know, to get the chance to do it is super super cool.
Speaker 1: Is it even cooler to do it with your teammates? Not just one or two, but now you guys got Freddie Muncy, Pahez Yamamoto and now Justin Robleski on that plane to Philly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a good group. We got a good group heading over there. So yeah, like I've told you before, just this this clubhouse and being this clubhouse is awesome because you're around players like that and you get to learn from them every day. And you know, I'm I'm super excited that I get to be on that playing with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also you'll have a chance to meet Pedro Martinez in Philly, the man that said you're like a shark among these great starting pitchers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna have to talk to him about it. And I have to talk to him about it. See where where it's spawning spawned in for him. But super cool. Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Did you catch de to Rule the organist playing Jaws when you were making your last start?
Speaker 2: I did. I did after every strikeout. I thought that was cool. He's on it up there, he's on it up there. He's the best. I love kind of hearing what he's got gone. He's always on, he's always on point, he always knows what's happening on and off the field, and yeah, he does a really good job. So that was cool.
Speaker 1: All right, justin get used to this. You're in demand, now, you're an all star. Get ready for the car wash that is Media Day in Philadelphia. Congratulations, enjoy all of it, and obviously LA is super excited for you, So thank you for the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, and thank you La. So I'm super excited. And yeah, I can't thank these fans and just this organization enough. So thank you, thank everybody, and I'm excited.