Speaker 1: Listen Beaverville, come on in morning, lighty gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 3: I woke up yesterday morning with a spring adicted to start later.
Speaker 2: Please, I could never know if the day was us Florida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demograt, super duper. That's nice. Light a goo, Nito gay, Yes boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the twenty fourth day of March twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the parture of Morning Show. My name is Chris Hockey. Here we are on a Tuesday. I believe Johnny Bones is on his way in. Marty Gallarna will be here as Wall and cast one thousands. So here we go. Here's some comedy from Mark Pitta. It is a Tuesday morning. I know you might be tired. We're gonna try to be your audible caffeine, So get on up and come on in. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 4: First of all, I love to put rock bands together basing their names, because, as you know, if you have an original member of a band, that's gonna tour. That band will tour. My thing is to put them together to make the mark. He look cool like talking heads and simple minds. That's who's your tour? Meat open bread is a perfect double belt. Guess who who you two? Yes, that's now, now you get it. Fish six, what's that? Blues Traveler with train or Orchestral maneuvers in the dark with blind Melon, all right, that's with that, Boston with Chicago, Alabama, Kansas Kansas with Tono Dead Kennedy is with Slayer, Iron Maiden with Steely Dan.
Speaker 3: Rush, Traffic.
Speaker 5: Corn with Black Eyed Peas.
Speaker 2: The sweet Feet is on your side. You hear the distance under.
Speaker 3: This, then you stray.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Power to a Morning show. It's Tuesday, March twenty fourth. I'm Corey.
Speaker 1: That's trist There is Paul, there's Max their Sack. The return of Johnny Bone is good to see him always.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man, he's excited.
Speaker 3: Barney Gellner and the manager's into there. I'm calling Derek.
Speaker 6: Shelton of the Minnesota Twins. Will be hell in the phone at eight o'clock. We are two days away from Twins season. It looks saucy're wearing a Twins hat. Yeah, man, it matches your shirt.
Speaker 2: You're on the bandwagon.
Speaker 1: It matches my shirt. You are color coordinated. Yeah, something else must always his. It's all mine every day. Yeah, you are every day every day.
Speaker 3: We're all mustache like muss Man.
Speaker 2: You kind of have one going to shave the rest of it. What was his text yesterday? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure what happened. I was hoping that I miss something was same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't understand a word of My wife. Wife didn't jump in on that text string at all.
Speaker 2: Said you guys, I made you guys, said comfortable. I don't understand. I don't understand what you're talking about. No, we weren't uncomfortable at all.
Speaker 6: No, Yeah, I mean the mustache made me a little uncomfortable. But that's my problem, not his, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were things about the mustache that made me uncomfortable. Yeah, but I don't think he was referring to that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he was referring to. Was it about his sinkhole or his snake pit?
Speaker 3: His stinkhole?
Speaker 2: Remember he said something about his available holes.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Dude, Do you remember when he started telling that story yesterday, Me, liber and I think most of us were like, I don't understand what you're saying. We tried to convey to him, we don't get what this bit is. Yeah, and I don't think it was a quote bit. I just don't. I didn't understand what he was saying. He said his wife was mad at him about it. It's like, I don't, I don't know what she would be mad at. Yeah, I sure either, But best of luck to him. I think he I think she was just as confused as the rest of us. Maybe maybe and he took that for anger.
Speaker 2: I would guess. I don't know why he texted us at like nine to thirty.
Speaker 3: Maybe she got that far away look in her eyes, yeah, like and was obviously thinking of something else. He took that for anger.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe maybe he's like a beaten dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is mussy. He's mussy, good old mussy.
Speaker 3: You think Boney is going to be excited to talk to the manager today.
Speaker 2: For sure. I think everybody loves Derek.
Speaker 3: I think so too. I wonder if if if Bonesy gets all like all riled up, you know, like talking to the baseball manager, that.
Speaker 2: Would be like Sauce talking to the drummer from d m B. Yeah, I have talked to the violin guy who's no longer with the band.
Speaker 3: But yeah, is it no longer with us or just with the band?
Speaker 2: He's no longer with the band because he's still ripping that violin.
Speaker 1: He's uh, he's in jail. I follow him on social media because I always have. No it's rock bottom? Oh is this the guy that was this?
Speaker 2: The me too?
Speaker 5: Guy?
Speaker 2: Did he do something? He did something not cool? Right? What did he do?
Speaker 1: People like made advances at men in bands that he told he could like help help, so they threw him out. And now every video he posts him sitting on like a chair and then hitting like this box thing that makes noise to Dave Matthews' songs. Amazing hot man, I'm sure he has an amazing hot rod.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but you know what, if you've heard one story about a violin player, you've heard them all.
Speaker 1: But every comment is, hey, you should reach out for help. Hey, this doesn't look good. B do you need help because it's it's sad.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if what he did is true, then he put himself in that. Yeah, but no, sure, what he did. Yeah, he needs help.
Speaker 1: But this this the situation is like it would be like me getting hand and then just posting videos of me just reacting to Power Trip podcast.
Speaker 6: Oh god, I'm gonna have to cast for more storage on my phone for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be saving a lot of videos. What it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're gonna be talking about how your podcast is going to blow our doors off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how Mike and Mike is going to destroy you guys.
Speaker 1: It's going to be the end of the Power Trip Morning A former employee here once said that that Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio was going to end the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the end. You're serious too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was Mike Golick and Mike.
Speaker 6: Greenberg, and Golic's still doing like Golick and gold Who knows what station that's even on, So he's still in the media.
Speaker 2: But I think, but you know, Greenie's.
Speaker 6: Obviously a staple morning TV guy now on the ESPN and he's he's like posting every Yeah, he's everywhere.
Speaker 3: How long did they do that show? Is it a long running thing?
Speaker 2: It felt like a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, it has it be close to twenty years, right, you think I mean something like that for a long time, for a long time, that was obviously our lead in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Do you guys remember the Fabulous sports Babe?
Speaker 1: I just remember the name seventeen years seventeen, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Woh yeah, trying to think of fabulous sports babe. Who else that I used to listen to when I first moved here on this radio station. Bobby Yates?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he did the mornings here Dusty Minds and Shaver on this station.
Speaker 3: Fancy Ray, Fancy Ray mclooney.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, used to have a different last thing. Oh is it that mcluney, No, that's the last ning I think he might be in. Just assumed his first name was Fancy, his last name was Ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might be on the run Fancy.
Speaker 1: I've met Fancy Ray. Great dude, great dude, right dude. Yeah, My guess is you'd get along with him. Oh yeah, remember when Dark Stars set me up to do that stand up bit in front of all those like gamblers who didn't want me there?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that track?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh that was that was the bomb, right, that was when you had to do the meat sauce redemption to it because you bombed so badly. No again, I can rip you and defend you in the safe sentence. Again, that was the wrong crowd, But that was hilarious because you were sweating bullets because nothing worked. Nothing worked. If I'd get up there and they were like, we just want to gamble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not barely paid attention for eating you going you. I remember you.
Speaker 1: Saying things like, come on, guys, laugh, this is a comedy show, which you should never never say. As a comedian. You have to make them laugh. You can't beg them and tell them you guys should be laughing.
Speaker 3: Lily Cryst will do something very similar one time.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, guys, supposed to be funny, lighting up.
Speaker 2: It's a comedy show. Come on. Man.
Speaker 1: To his credit, Dark Star comes back on stage, and you know, basically he comes over to me, He's like, you killed it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, I didn't.
Speaker 1: And then he goes and everybody Fancy Ray and then Fancy Ray got up there and just slave, which means.
Speaker 6: Yeah again, that's like the most Dark Star thing of all time. Polly PAULI, I'm gonna put you in. He thinks, great idea, I'll put you in front of a big crowd.
Speaker 2: This is putting me in front of like American idol.
Speaker 1: He truly thinks like, I'm gonna help you out again. That's when he used to tell me he was gonna make me the grand marshal of every small town parade in the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 2: And I told me the same thing, Dark, What does that do for me? He's like, I'm gonna get you on every float.
Speaker 6: You're gonna be the grand marshal all across the state of mic He would what he would.
Speaker 1: Call me and go, hey, Polly, Yeah, this Saturday, win's your show. Oh it's only the one there's a Gopher spring game. All right, cool, I'm gonna get you. Bobby Knight, I'd go, Bobby Knight, And then five minutes later, Bobby's not a male. Bob can't make it on Saturday. All right, Dark, So you're gonna get me. He tried so hard though. Yeah, he did put you in the in the best possible spot.
Speaker 2: But then, and I love him dearly.
Speaker 1: Then he'd come on and he'd just start promoting gd of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's Johnny Bones, Johnny Bunds, Hey, thanks for the coffee, Johnny Bones.
Speaker 2: Does he think?
Speaker 3: Does he know he's going to be talking to the.
Speaker 6: Derek Sheldon's on our show today. You're gonna stick around and talk to him eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: Man, No, he's no, no, no, no, no, he's just calling in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I had the technology, if.
Speaker 3: You spring training John Hey, you were there for like two years.
Speaker 6: But like the Black Twins daily little pull over there, that's looking good man, that's sharp.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you've changed up your look here.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah, your look is a vaulting a look. I've got a look now. Apparently you do have a look.
Speaker 1: He's got the look kind of look like like a Sopranos like supporting cast member.
Speaker 3: Call you big p word, which.
Speaker 2: The one that has the guy on Sopranos that had the wires.
Speaker 1: What's going on you leaning into like a villain phase or what's going on here? That's some kind of a criminal mastermind?
Speaker 2: John runs it at a empire? Perhaps?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, that's.
Speaker 8: Being speaking of which I'm threw it down the gauntlet. What did I do last night? Got the stranger?
Speaker 2: You booked a trip to Vegas? Different thing?
Speaker 1: You booked the strip. He's gone book I love it. You know, you don't care, You're just gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going and that is when.
Speaker 8: Next week, right, next week, Tuesday through Thursday, April first, right, we are leaving the thirty first week back to second just to two nights stay in Vegas, one of which is going to be catching a little bit of the Gofers games. I'm looking forward to finding out your guys details where you're going to stay in such we're going to let you know, you know, yeah, I assume you'll want me on the show, you know, Wednesday morning when we we gathered long Vegas.
Speaker 2: Sure, next week.
Speaker 8: So I can once again propositioned by somebody on the way there, and Corey can still be not be not Tohnny b.
Speaker 3: You are the guy I always wanted to be. When I will come with us, I have a responsibility.
Speaker 2: And here's why I know that's not true. You have to come back from the Twins open. That's right, That's why I told you two days. We got to be back by Friday.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the perfect city to go to for two days.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, so actually that is the first time we'll have ever I'll have ever gone to Vegas for just two days.
Speaker 3: Are you going to go to the game. Yeah, okay, well, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's the one ticket we have not yet bought.
Speaker 8: But I don't anticipate that being an overly difficult ticket.
Speaker 3: Well definitely, no, No, I would agree that it might.
Speaker 1: Be one of those sets of tickets that you can just walk by and they're going to snap their fingers and just hand them to you.
Speaker 3: A little card with the naked on its.
Speaker 2: The best part about it is that I don't leave.
Speaker 8: I don't leave until later on Tuesday, so I can also do the show Tuesday morning with you guys, because you.
Speaker 2: Look at you, look at you.
Speaker 8: Do everything I can do to be on this show as often as possible.
Speaker 2: When's your watch party?
Speaker 8: We got a Yeah, we've got a watch party for opening day on Thursday this week Blackstack Brewing. Go to Twins Dailysocial club dot com and you can get all the details.
Speaker 1: You have another website actually, that one just points to the stories about the watch pretty on Twins Daily.
Speaker 6: But yes, it's not a bad idea to have those little cards with like, you know, ninety eight percent naked women with phone numbers, but then at the bottom to say call this number for Baylor versus Gophers. Right, yeah, because by the time some horny idiot dude realizes that it's not a sex.
Speaker 2: Line, right, you're not ordering a hooker. You're gonna go watch some ball yep, I do that for Twins Daily Social club dot Com.
Speaker 1: Speaking of no get yours knocked around, I'm pretty well, it's like seven o'clock last night and my wife, so my oldest daughter's out of the country, so it's just the three of us, my wife and.
Speaker 6: The little one go We're going to Target. We're gonna get ice cream, you want it? And I'm like, no, I'm good. I'm just I'm probably gonna go to bed. I'm tired. I got nothing to do, so there's nothing on TV.
Speaker 2: That was essential.
Speaker 1: Some candles enjoy car so I'm flipping through HBO Max, HBO Max.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what am I going to do to kill like an hour before I go to bed?
Speaker 6: And have you guys stumbled across Born to Bowl yet?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it. I saw it. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: So it's only two episodes.
Speaker 1: And I got lucky because the second episode aired almost as soon as the first one that I watched ended.
Speaker 2: Because episode two was last night. The first episode's okay.
Speaker 6: It's a documentary about pro bowlers, like the biggest games in pro bowling and what the life of a pro bowler looks like.
Speaker 2: Is Chris, of course he can be one and he Oh my gosh. Episode two is insane. They all hate each other.
Speaker 1: They're mefing each other, they're they're yelling when one of them bowls to throw each other off, like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It was kind of awesome.
Speaker 6: It was It felt like watching Real Housewives with dude bowlers because all I could think was these guys are freaks at bowling and they're barely scraping by.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, Chris, you have to watch it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's nuts there. They are psychos.
Speaker 3: So is it gonna be a weekly thing then? Or is it only? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ben Stiller is behind the documentary, but he's obviously not involved. But it sounds I don't I can't tell if it's Leev Schreiber or not, but it sounds like the guy that does hard knocks the narration.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so its a narrator. It's a documentary. It's funny as hell.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. Episode one is solid. Yeah, don't give up.
Speaker 1: If you're like, this is just okay because episode two, all of a sudden, they start mfing each other and I'm like, what is going on here?
Speaker 6: They just hate each other. They're complaining. Oh god, it's some of the some of the things that made me laugh. I can't say because they're not arable.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: It is okay, good it sounded like him. I'm like, this is this It's like hard knocks for bowling.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I'm still excited. I got to start watching episode two.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm waiting on. I need to get started on my career right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I think this will dissuade you because these are the best in the world, and again they are barely finding a way to make money because if they don't make the cut, they get nothing.
Speaker 2: Right, there's always gambling, Like some of the top guys. Think about this.
Speaker 6: Some of the top guys in the world when they go to a major event are rooming together and even using the pullout couch to save money. I mean, that's the kind of this is what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, these are the best in the world. Chris sleeping on the hotel couches.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of sex and bowling.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's got to be like gutter Lady. Oh yeah, some gutter Gallos.
Speaker 6: Learned about an episode two that I didn't know was a thing. Did you know that pro bowlers have things called ball reps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you did when your family lives and they're essentially like caddies, Like if.
Speaker 1: The oil is going one way or another, the ball rep will recommend which ball you use to adjust to the oil.
Speaker 2: And this guy in.
Speaker 1: The second episode, because I don't know, man, if you keep throwing it like that, you're just gonna keep picking up fives. And the bowler loses his mind on this ball rep and he complains to the league like get this, Like this guy's a douchebag. I don't ever want to see this guy again. Massive meltdown calls him a d head. It's just the best I can It's a bunch of It's again.
Speaker 6: It's real housewives of bowling yea hawks.
Speaker 2: It's bowling loves picking up actually have wives. Though, yes, okay, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: This has got to be I gotta get started on this.
Speaker 2: Waiting on your documentary is so freaking awesome.
Speaker 6: It's that's a again. It's a great sign you're getting older. It's just loving a documentary. Just watching dudes.
Speaker 2: Bowl that sounds awesome.
Speaker 3: I need a documentary about Johnny Bones.
Speaker 2: Johnny beans Bones. Yeah, his new look, new look and new life, your criminal empire.
Speaker 1: That you slowly build up behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: It'll also have to be on HBO Max because there.
Speaker 1: Will be tons of sex and I'll tons of cheap John John also has a ball rat.
Speaker 2: Giving him advice on the oils ears.
Speaker 3: And Oil's going the wrong way again.
Speaker 6: John Born to bowl man, what a ride. That second episode is all right, more of.
Speaker 1: The power to wanting you after this first segment. Brought to you by your friends and builders and remodelers. Thanks builders and remodelers.
Speaker 3: And welcome back parta mors.
Speaker 5: Here we are.
Speaker 3: It's five fifty three. Johnny beans Bones is here and it's excited because we got the new manager coming in, Yes.
Speaker 6: Sir, and he's got a Vegas trip booked. So what else do you need? Baseball in Vegas, Johnny Bones.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 6: So Chris Sauce, you guys are not going to Vegas next week.
Speaker 3: It's still up in the air.
Speaker 2: It's still up in the air.
Speaker 3: It's awaiting. Let me look at my schedule here, Come on, it's a waiting game.
Speaker 2: Why not, dude, there's no reason you guys can't broadcast. You're Vegas.
Speaker 3: You're exactly right.
Speaker 8: It feels like you guys, it feels like you guys need to get iHeart on the we're going to broadcast when we travel bandwagon.
Speaker 2: Trying to do for ten weeks. I hate it. This is a perfect, yeah, way to sort of break the ice.
Speaker 1: I agree, because clearly the main motivation to go is.
Speaker 8: To support a broadcast partner in the University of Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Couldn't have said it better myself.
Speaker 3: You said it. Yeah, you said it.
Speaker 6: It's because we love colle hitch basketball so much. Yes, and I know how heartbroken Parker Fox was last year when the Gophers did not get to this Vegas tournament.
Speaker 2: Partially it's you know, it's doing it for him as well.
Speaker 6: And our partners, Yes, Minnesota Golden Gophers and Mike Grim Grim will be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you'll be the party with Grim parties. I don't know if he.
Speaker 3: Parties goes to the movies.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's yeah. Gorg goes a lot of.
Speaker 3: That movie before.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Mike movies, Yeah, you're right. Did you did you not see Project Hail Mary yesterday?
Speaker 3: I did not?
Speaker 2: You were thinking about it because everybody this, Yeah, you'll love it.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's fantastic, all right, see it on the biggest screen you can correct.
Speaker 3: Today's okay, today's the day. There are many like it, but this one is the day.
Speaker 6: I saw somebody on Twitter post like I'm in a paraphrase because it was just some random account, but some random account on my algorithm said something like Project Hail Mary is fantastic. It's amazing, but all of us who have seen it need to calm down because we're starting to ruin it because we're hyping it so much. But I also would say, like the hype was real before I saw it, and I'm like, it was super high expectations that I'm like, man, this is a lot to live up to, and I thought it was absolutely worth the hype.
Speaker 2: So I don't think we can over hype.
Speaker 8: It is a similar vibe as to the Martian.
Speaker 2: Never saw it.
Speaker 1: No same author though, yeah, just why I understand, yeah, but not not a similar vibe. I think it is truly, it's like the movie Gravity but but good.
Speaker 2: But it is like Gravity meets Castaway.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I mean you've got me nipples hard. I don't know why I didn't see it yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I need to see that. I need to see this spot.
Speaker 2: I mean that's or sauce.
Speaker 6: If that doesn't do anything for you, it's like Star Wars meets et.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go see it. I like any kind of movie that has like a trying moments. Yeah, like a.
Speaker 1: Lovable like creature, like like like the Gremlin.
Speaker 2: Like, uh, the Magua, Yeah, the Maguay. I only saw that once because his name, Yeah, Gizbo.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did love the female Gremlin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all your hands up, the female Six Ways to Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not even know what six ways?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just yelling band.
Speaker 3: She's got the look. I don't think i'd have a choice, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's mean throw me in a microwave and turn turn it on. Why that's what happens.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: How many, I'm how many Imax theaters do we have in the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 1: More than most I just want to cross the street, right. A lot of the ams No, they don't have one. I don't think a lot of there's a there's a handful of AMCs that have them.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot a lot of states just have like one or two. So we have the one by the Zoo does right, isn't the Valley ones? I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's the thing anymore. Oh really, that's where I saw Dark Knight and IMAX.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think that one's a thing anymore. Oh, no kidding, I didn't know that. So what do we have left?
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty much all AMC's. And then there's some random imagines that have one too. Yeah, so like AMC what you said, Roseville, Yeah, there's rush Roseville, Eden Prairie has one. I think the imagine in Lakeville, and then I think the South Dale AMC also has one.
Speaker 2: Okay, so at least four.
Speaker 3: That's where I can't believe the one at the Zoo is not a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ticketing is not available at this location. No kidding. Yeah that's too bad. You like it closed down a few years ago. Yeah, it was a sweet theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was you should have gone. We let them down.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys didn't go to Hooters when it closed? Oh yeah, it's over the family restaurant.
Speaker 8: That's probably a good reason to go to Vegas. I mean, it could close down if you don't support it.
Speaker 2: The city of Vegas. N't they close the Hooters? They didn't close the Hooter plan in Hollywood?
Speaker 3: Who are my chel local drug dealer?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Basically you're gonna talk.
Speaker 6: What was the other What was the other restaurant that was at Planet Hollywood?
Speaker 2: Didn't the other one closed? To Peaks?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 2: Twin Peaks? Did that close to Twin Peaks?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: I went there once? Yeah? You did. The beer's too cold on my sensitive teeth.
Speaker 1: I'm serious. It's like known for like it's almost freezing cold beer. It's cold on my teeth. Hawk, don't look at me like that. So you didn't go to Twin Peaks more than once because the beer was too cold?
Speaker 2: We only went once? Yeah? Interesting, it's a nice spot.
Speaker 3: You're the only person I've ever seen blow on his beard and warm it up.
Speaker 2: On my beard. Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention? What is it?
Speaker 4: I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story.
Speaker 6: All right, starting to get out of control, just a couple of days to go in the ace fin when nature calls butt birth rhino.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's up to twenty seven five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: That's a little lot.
Speaker 6: Twenty seven to five and uh still just a couple of days ago. Again based on action, but starting bid was two thousand, the estimate was between four and eight thousand, and we're like, let's let's pull some money and let's buy this.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, and now it's twenty seven five. Poems like this sort of thing that I heard could support you, Guyson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you think they're they're not gonna buy a bonus printer paper butt berth rhino, break his gambling and you're trying to get him.
Speaker 3: You're the devil.
Speaker 8: Yeah, rip I hard leaning into the villainous stage. Twins Daily buy it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Why isn't Twins Daily by the butt birth Rhino.
Speaker 2: It's a great idea.
Speaker 1: You could probably paint it like Twins colors or logo with a Twin's Daily.
Speaker 2: Can do anything else? Yours my butt birth?
Speaker 1: Right, it's your butt birth rhinos? Sure twenty seven five?
Speaker 2: Damn it. This has have been a really good week to win the.
Speaker 3: Power Ball butt rhino.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd been my first purchase, and I'm serious, really.
Speaker 2: I would have started with that. You're the first person to say, don't waste money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if I have like three hundred million dollars, the first thing I'm buying is a butt Berth Rhino.
Speaker 2: Not not for fun. I'm gonna you know, I'll sell it in ten years.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, investment Where's if you won the lottery and you had three hundred million dollars, would you buy a Bentley No, and keep the sticker on the window the price come on, gore, and then put your arm out the window just.
Speaker 2: To f lost the ice? What about Gator boots? Yeah? What about Gucci suits? Pimped out Gucci? Yeah? Right? Would you have is this like what is his name? Birdman? That's a different guy. What I have? What now? Four g lats on dubs? You would be everything you just described.
Speaker 1: You'd be way more likely to see me motorize this butt Berth rhino and be driving down the.
Speaker 2: Street in a right But you got it. You've got twenty two's on it. You got to you got it?
Speaker 6: How swee would that'd be like an Oscar meyer wienermobile, but like in the shape of a you know, giant rhino.
Speaker 2: You could climb out of his ass. That'd be great.
Speaker 3: The only spinner in this thing is Corey.
Speaker 1: And then when you you'd get out, you'd go twenty inches nothing less.
Speaker 2: You are a worksman, you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you'd say, everybody, get your mother f and roll.
Speaker 2: You know you always wanted the koogie with the matching interior. Come on, yeah, I feel like Muss is here telling another story. I have no idea what's happening right now.
Speaker 3: I don't put your cuchie oyay?
Speaker 2: Would you? Then you'd get out and you'd say ounces quarters.
Speaker 8: Half bricks like Corey's interested in a koogie's interior.
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I don't even understand that, bony.
Speaker 2: I don't get that.
Speaker 3: If I come to Vegas, will you buy me some cuchie?
Speaker 2: It will certainly be a pro I'm like Corey, why don't you guys go to Vegas together and go to.
Speaker 1: Twin Peaks and get the coldest beer you can possibly find, an honor.
Speaker 2: Of meat sauce.
Speaker 3: Look, this isn't my teeth at all.
Speaker 2: I just picture sauce going.
Speaker 1: Could you put this in the microwave for twenty seconds and warm up for a while. Front Paid Sports, we come back Marty Gelliner in an hour.
Speaker 6: Derek Sheldon of the Minnesota Twins in about two hours. This is the power to want to join the fans.
Speaker 2: Ahead, welcome back here.
Speaker 3: We are six or seven at its time for some sports as we are your sports Officionados featuring John Bones.
Speaker 1: Hit all time now for Front Paid Sports, presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 6: Holiday Station Stores, for a limited time, you can get Red Bull at a really really good price too, for six or three for eight fifty mix and matchini flavors you want of red Bull at Holiday including that Spring edition.
Speaker 2: You can get any flavor you want. That's the whole mix and match. Oh yeah, that sounds amazing. Real You're like, I don't know what the Spring edition is, Well, then get some other flavors. Do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Spring is sprung, and life's begun great.
Speaker 2: Spring is here because of the year today. Baby, yeah here today, it's here tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That's sound as good as my poem.
Speaker 1: But you're good right the Minnesota while they're at Tampa Bay tonight at six thirty, right here on the fan three game road trip for the Wild Tampa Bay, Florida and Boston, eight of the last eleven on the road.
Speaker 2: I'm sure all of you have seen it.
Speaker 6: But man, the while they're doing so many nice tributes to Jesse Pierce obviously her impact on the hockey community. Did you guys see the Columbus Blue Jackets donated ten k to.
Speaker 2: Her to the GoFundMe. Wow, So it's it's cool that.
Speaker 6: I mean, NBC Nightly News did a story on her, uh she was a sports center, CNN dot com, People dot com, New York Post like that story is incredible everywhere, and it, uh, you know, obviously it's it's not like cool, this is awesome. I mean it's it's a terrible, terrible reason that she's getting all this love is shocking.
Speaker 2: It's terrible.
Speaker 6: But man, if she could only see how much universal love she's getting and those kids are getting us awesome.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Did you say that her part of her job was to go into the the uh opposing team's locker room after every game. So that's so she knew the other teams probably better than anybody else, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean the players and the pr staff from all over the league absolutely loved her. You know, it was part of her selflessness where she'd go in and she'd again be usually the only more often than not, the only person asking questions to these players after the game, and she was so nice about it, so cool about it. And then she'd share all those quotes with the other the home media, the versos of the world who are in the home the wild locker room doing getting quotes from them. So yeah, she she was beloved by by everybody across the league, and we just such a special person that we were so lucky to have here in the Twin Cities.
Speaker 1: And the update, maybe you guys saw this in the the local papers, but as of now, no evidence of arson found in the fire.
Speaker 6: Yea, And I know there were people on Twitter yelling at each other and debating whether or not that's even right to ask that question. And obviously investigators have to figure.
Speaker 1: That out, right, that's their job to say, where did this fire start, how did it start?
Speaker 6: Is there arson? They can't just assume it was or was not. They have to figure it out so.
Speaker 3: They are worthy of that investigation.
Speaker 6: Well exactly, So, as of now, no evidence of arson found in that fire. But obviously they're going to get to the bottom of how that fire started. It's just terrible, awful, all right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: The Wolves host Houston tomorrow at a thirty little national TV game. The Rockets, though, lost last night one four to the bull So the Wolves temporarily then move into fifth place in the West, one half game ahead of those Rockets.
Speaker 2: A big game tomorrow, Yeah, huge, absolutely.
Speaker 1: I think there's only ten games left or something of the sort a couple of them against Houston. You know, there's three months until the end of the season. They played till the middle of June. Let's hope they do at least Oh no, hawk, no, no, he just left at the news that they're playing.
Speaker 2: For three more months.
Speaker 1: But also this, I mean, this could be you know, the Western Conference standings are always shuffling.
Speaker 2: This very well could be their first round matchups.
Speaker 1: So and obviously all these games are important when you only got ten left, but you want to kind of show up against a Houston team that you may be seeing sooner rather than later.
Speaker 2: This also means they're tied with Denver for the fourth spot.
Speaker 1: The last last time, yeah, home spots, they got a win man, keep just keep winning. Get ant back the the fact that the two guards that they have in Bones Highland and then the guy they got from the Bulls Iowa Amo. They're great, man, They're great, and they they would they'll be even better in the playoffs when they can come off the bench and instant offense. Although I would probably keep one of them in the starting lineup. I don't think Devincenzo should be the starting point guard on the team, but uh, that's uh for a different argument.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think I would put I would put Io in the start. Yeah, why not. Yeah, he's been he has been electric.
Speaker 1: He's been an absolute shot in the arm and the Wolves basically got him for free, and he's helped.
Speaker 2: Turn turn that bench unit around and in the second half.
Speaker 1: Of the Sos led the team in scoring the other day off the bench. Gotta keep him, John, Yeah, I didn't know you had that a little thin but that was You've got called for a fall for.
Speaker 2: That, you know.
Speaker 6: I was a Jupiter moon by the way as well, just spelled differently.
Speaker 2: That's the Jupiter's moons.
Speaker 6: Jupiter has I think eight point seven trillion moons.
Speaker 2: No, it's something, isn't it. Something like an eighty or ninety lot. Lies, are you looking at me? How would I know? Because you're the size of one of those moons. Guys, Oh.
Speaker 6: You have you do have slightly less gravitational pull than Jupiter's moon.
Speaker 1: I I'm working on it. I didn't have any ice cream less slightly less. I didn't either. Remember my girls went to the target. Things start cranking away.
Speaker 6: I was watching bowling, sure, and that's how that's how you know you're getting old again. Not just watching documentaries. I got the house to myself, but I made my family disappear. What are you going to do for an hour watch a bowling documentary?
Speaker 2: Twenty years ago? You'd wait till the gross I watch you again for the rest of my whole life. Oh go ahead. I was just gonna say it shows how old we all are, because when you said you watched the documentary, almost went yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean started writing it down. We're all like, oh, that sounds great. After I finished my book, I will watch.
Speaker 3: That once I get these Medland kids on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, naps, books, documentaries, morning cup of coffee, and early bedtime. Getting a different area codes, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Major League Baseball starts tomorrow.
Speaker 6: The Yankees are at the San Francisco Giants of Anaheim Netflix Jenny Bones Netflix to start the season.
Speaker 2: I did not even know that. Check that. No, it's correct.
Speaker 3: I'm spreading yourself.
Speaker 1: That's how much trust I have in Sauce. As he goes it's on Netflix, and I'm like, yeah, I believe you.
Speaker 2: Seven five tomorrow, all right, thank you. You're gonna watch let's see to myrow. No, I'm gonna be at the wolf game.
Speaker 3: You boys playing guard or whatever, you're everywhere.
Speaker 2: You gotta be spreading them. By the way, speaking of speaking of baseball.
Speaker 1: Since since uh, Mitch from the Twins and me are both idiots. When we booked yesterday, Mitch said eight and I said, sounds great, and then we both realized that we didn't clarify that that meant Eastern time. He didn't say it, I didn't ask, So we so at seven o'clock. So we'll talk to Derek Shelton in forty five minutes, not an hour. In forty five minutes, so we'll talk to him at seven.
Speaker 2: Sweet. That would be great, even better. I can't wait because that's when Marnie gets here.
Speaker 6: We'll be like Marnie, just just chill out. We're talking to Derek. Yeah, you've never met him, you don't know him, we do, Yea.
Speaker 3: Here, contemplate this thing that musk said yesterday Texas cer?
Speaker 2: What else? What else? What else? Don't care about that? Don't care about this? Oh well, I guess this matters.
Speaker 6: Number one UCLA last night and the women's tournament rolled over number eight Oklahoma State eighty seven to sixty eight.
Speaker 2: So that matters because that is now.
Speaker 6: The opponent of the Minnesota Golden Gophers on Friday.
Speaker 2: The Golden Gophers.
Speaker 6: Are the fourth seed in the GET in that region, UCLA's number one. The game is in Sacramento, California, Friday at six thirty the Sweet sixteen the Gophers and the Bruins. The Bruins are favored by how many points DraftKings?
Speaker 2: I saw it six and a half?
Speaker 6: Okay, Sauce, you saw it three and a half, three and a half, Maxo Go.
Speaker 2: Five and a half, five and a half, Zachary four point five.
Speaker 6: The UCLA Bruins are favored by nineteen and a half points on Draft Kings nineteen and a half.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see that? Yukon score?
Speaker 3: Yesterday obviously tell me about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were up, like, was it sixty two to twelve at halftime?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think at one point you Hawk, you see tournament, Yeah, yeah, the lady.
Speaker 1: I think I think somebody posted on Twitter that it was fifty to eight at one point as well, Like, I mean it was, it was Holy.
Speaker 2: Moly, fine Hawk, you watched it.
Speaker 3: Well, they didn't know the game it started. They hat to still shoot around.
Speaker 2: Final score was ninety eight to forty five.
Speaker 1: But after the first quarter Connecticut left thirty three to eight, and then Syracuse scr just four points in the second quarter, so at halftime it was sixty five to twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just roll in the lockero. You're like, all right, girls, we got them.
Speaker 8: Let's do I mean, you just say, this is not like a Saint whatever of wherever.
Speaker 2: This is Syracuse, Syracuse, but it's Yukon.
Speaker 6: Yukon is thirty six and oh this year they have crushed everybody.
Speaker 3: My favorite TV Joel Nobson and and Johnny Knoxville. Who's the love interest Johnny Knoxville.
Speaker 2: Home dual rolls.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a hospital drama.
Speaker 2: You love a hospital dude.
Speaker 6: Elmer Fudd's daughter was eight of eleven from three, she had thirty four points.
Speaker 2: That's nuts. Wow, good for her.
Speaker 1: Wescali Azy Fudd with the thirty four husky. Susan Hawk loves husky.
Speaker 5: You love.
Speaker 3: When you were a kid, you had to go shopping for clothes.
Speaker 1: I didn't love it. I would go to the big and tall stores like a Knight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you weren't tall.
Speaker 2: No, I was heavy, heavy. It wasn't just a big store. Though. They don't have those anymore, do they, or they've named them something different.
Speaker 3: No, when you grew up, they had to close.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everybody was making six k there and now there's It was looking like the Jetson's up in that joint, that flying cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the rims. They saw you coming. They knew they were going to falls the ice out the window. Then the Superman loaded on the escalator.
Speaker 3: They were making six k because you were needing six X.
Speaker 2: Oh. Yeah, I was huge. Yeah, you still are in my eyes.
Speaker 3: You're beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thanks Peter Gabriel.
Speaker 1: Hey, I technically said, I believe the way that I was trying to ward it was that you would be the smallest of Jupiter's moons.
Speaker 2: That's kind Yeah, I mean the smallest. Yeah, technically would right, you're the smallest one. What's the planet that rains diamonds.
Speaker 6: It's Neptune or Uranus, one of the two. Well, I think it's Uranus. No, it's one of the two. It's either Neptune or Uranus. Well you want to go spot, rosy spot, you want to.
Speaker 2: Go, Well, that'd be great. You could get a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Go get some diamonds. Yeah, man, fly him back, fly him back, God damn. And I'll look up which one it is.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked.
Speaker 6: Bonuses diamonds one of the two.
Speaker 2: It is? Oh, it rains diamonds on Neptune and Uranus. O hot all right.
Speaker 6: Deep within these ice giants, extreme pressure and temperature breakdown methane, causing carbon atoms to turn into solid diamond crystals that rain down through the atmosphere towards the core. Experiments show that these phenom likely. Yes, So anyway, if you ever go to Neptuner or your rate, it's just bring a large sack and just collect diamonds.
Speaker 2: Pull your hands up. Can I do a radio tease? Let's see? Uh, today I'm wondering is all I have as.
Speaker 1: Today is a huge anniversary for Chris Hockey.
Speaker 2: See, you don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: You're right, I do not, and I should.
Speaker 2: It's a good thing.
Speaker 3: I wondering.
Speaker 2: We'll find out after this. I guess. Oh my god, No, I have to wait through the break.
Speaker 3: And I know.
Speaker 1: No, I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: I know what it is.
Speaker 3: What did I forget is what I'm asking.
Speaker 2: It's something good. I wish you would go to March twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish your carbon would turn into diamonds and I'd sell you make your ring.
Speaker 2: I wish you would break up with my dad. He's in a hostile.
Speaker 3: Relationship only because he wants it that way. I'll try not to be hostile.
Speaker 2: He pays an extra for that. I talked to Papa yesterday, Hawk, did you Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you ask him?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't see him. I talked to both my uncles yesterday, Guys, I talked to Nope, No, Papa is my uncle, Peter, the real guy.
Speaker 1: What really matters is after this and we'll figure out what Sauce's tease was.
Speaker 2: This is the power Trip money Chow on the fan.
Speaker 3: Welcome back patch. I'm weren't sure here we are at six twenty six in the morning and Johnny Bones and a half hour away from your new Minnesota Twins manager. I'm very excited to talk to him. We're, you know, leading Twins coverage here, just outside of Twins Daily number two.
Speaker 2: We are, yeah, just right, this show specifically at the station.
Speaker 8: Between Twins Daily and Cleveland and the Geek Probably yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought they were one in the same. My apologies.
Speaker 6: Okay, So before we get into what really matters and do scores and stats and talk baseball and talk other things with Johnny Bones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, sauce, the floor is yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited to find out what I forgot?
Speaker 1: Did you already forget your radio teas you did? The look on his face he forgot that he is? He was like, why is it my turn? Remember you tease Hawk's anniversary?
Speaker 3: I was supposed to be excited.
Speaker 1: Three years ago today, three years ago today.
Speaker 3: Three years ago today, so twenty twenty three, Like is it once upon a time in Hollywood?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, Hawk saw my soon to be wife nude three years ago today, So today my three day anniversary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's yeah, that was one of the best days of yep.
Speaker 1: These eyes so to celebrate she's coming in and no, oh, why does he get to celebrate? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do I get an update?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're worried about Look, yeah, hold on, you're worried about a different family member of mine.
Speaker 3: I like all your family.
Speaker 1: You're really working your way through the Lambert that's the name of this book.
Speaker 3: Jeez, yep.
Speaker 2: Well you love pop Ye Well, Chris, congratulations.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: It's today I'll never forget and sauce based on his review, congratulations to you as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And based on what I saw, she should be in the Olympics. She's quite the runner.
Speaker 2: As I told her.
Speaker 1: That's the price you paid up have a sweet with a hawk eye standing in front.
Speaker 2: Of the sex ring. He takes again to it. You see what happened. Let's put this thumbs upper, thumbs down.
Speaker 3: I put my thumb somewhere.
Speaker 8: This is why I already booked my day, yes before Hawk is compelled to get it.
Speaker 1: That's the tax you pay, all right, Ovo Lasik and Lens brings you what really matters.
Speaker 6: Thanks Ovo Lasik and Lens, Doctor Mark Lobanoff and doctor David Whiting. There you go, all right, So let's do uh let's do news slash sports trivia.
Speaker 2: Let's gamify the news, shall we sauce? Yeah, Daddy.
Speaker 6: At the end of yesterday's show, the news broke that JSN, Jackson Smith, and JIGBA signed a four year, one hundred and sixty eight point six million dollars deal with one hundred and twenty million guarantee. That is the largest contract in NFL history for a wide receivers now the highest paid at forty two point one five annually.
Speaker 2: Yep, sauce.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me the four receivers that are behind him?
Speaker 2: Jamar Chase?
Speaker 6: Correct, that's number two. Our guy Justin Jefferson is third.
Speaker 8: Um, Why can't I think Ceedee Lamb Ceedee Lamb is fourth?
Speaker 2: Look at Johnny Bones say that big b so so.
Speaker 1: Nore so JSN is forty two point one five Jamar Chase forty point two five.
Speaker 6: Our guy Justin Jefferson's just steal at thirty five million dollars a year. Cede Lamb thirty four million a year.
Speaker 4: A J.
Speaker 2: Brown No, thirty three million a year. Is uh?
Speaker 1: The guy that signed with the Colts Alec Pearce No, Dusty Mond, No, it's not the Mond man. Umm we're forgetting somebody obvious what conference for?
Speaker 2: I can give you a HM, but it'll give it away immediately. Well, then do it think uh think.
Speaker 6: Uh think initials more than anything else. Not that he's played initials. It's not like feeling who's playing on Friday and I say Marny, Like this guy's first name is initials.
Speaker 2: C D lamb.
Speaker 6: No, we already did that one. DK Metcalf, DK Metcalf. Is that thirty three million a year? That's what ESPN said. All right, so now check this out. Try this sports trivia. Yeah, JSN was the twentieth overall pick in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Who did the Vikings take three picks later? In what you're twenty twenty three?
Speaker 5: Barry?
Speaker 2: Not good?
Speaker 6: Guess they JSN was picked twenty Who did the Vikings take twenty third?
Speaker 2: Uh? Jordan Addison? Jordan Addison? Who was in that draft in twenty twenty three? Who was pick one seventy seven? Poka Nakua hookah Nakua.
Speaker 1: Look at sauce over there, all those four wide receivers you named, which one of them would you have?
Speaker 2: What'd you want on your team besides JJ?
Speaker 1: Well, you could pick any of them Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 2: I'd still take Jefferson. Yeah, and I know those home ration though. He's very good. Yeah, Hawk, who would you take?
Speaker 3: I grew JJ person. I got to tell you, I'd be hard pressed not to take Pookah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That guy's a gamer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's about to get paid like fifty million a year. Yeah, good for them.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when it was like, man, the Viking's really going to give Justin Jefferson thirty five a year. And now it's a year and a half later, and now somebody's already seven million higher than twenty percent.
Speaker 2: It's a steal. Oh thanks bonus. Yep.
Speaker 6: That's a little bit like when we signed Kirk Cousins and everybody hated it. A year later, he went from the highest paid quarterback in the NFL to what, I don't know, twelfth or something like. It changes fast.
Speaker 2: Just have a team, does he he's still a free agent, right? I don't know. I think so. I don't think he's with anybody yet. I think we would have heard. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: Got that right? It was on this date Johnny Beans Bonds bones in what year that the Exxon Valdez crashed one of the worst oil spills in the US history.
Speaker 2: Why that eighties doesn't happen to me. I feel like it was in the eighties, was maybe nineties. I was gonna say ninety.
Speaker 3: Four, like eighty nine or ninety eighty nine, it was you now that that's exactly right. Yeah, so you were really young. But I probably have probably a big deal in school, right we.
Speaker 6: Heard about it for sure, and then like, you know, I don't remember if it was that one specifically, but I think every kid that went to school in the nineties got bombarded with videos of like.
Speaker 2: Ducks covered in oil.
Speaker 1: And watching people clean off the oil covered ducks.
Speaker 2: They did a Save by the Bell episode about the birds maybe had ducks, but birds.
Speaker 1: They did, where they all thought they were going to make a bunch of money off oil, and then one of them brought in a duck covered in oil. And then all of a sudden, Zach had a conscious and was like, you know, maybe we don't all need Ferraris, we should save the animals. I think it was so we could sleep with one of those slews.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not wrong.
Speaker 6: It's one of the most dramatic scenes and saved by the bell history because the oil company had this like model of what the new school would look like and all these things that they were, all these upgrades they were going to get. And then because Zach like Hawk or Sauce just said, had got a conscious.
Speaker 1: He sprayed oil all over the model and said, like, this is what it's going to look like.
Speaker 6: It was essentially when protesters throw like feces, shamrock shakes.
Speaker 2: If they're throwing shamrock shake, so I'm going use what is your toilet to do with throwing shakes? Too far to step over the line. You guys caught me, I'll move back.
Speaker 1: You were possessed by the ghost of a sorry ghost riders.
Speaker 2: Peter.
Speaker 9: Speaking of shakes, I was at Portillo's yesterday and they've got something.
Speaker 2: Now. You know, they've always had the chocolate cake shake, but.
Speaker 3: It's just too much.
Speaker 9: I don't not a big birthday cake fan, but I knew Hawk I loved it, so I knew how to try it.
Speaker 2: I did try the the new birthday cake shake.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Is it too much? Is? Honestly, you can be honest. Is it too much?
Speaker 2: It's It's damn good. Yeah, Will you order some hawk.
Speaker 3: Will you close your I'll pay for it just from yeah, okay, suresh man.
Speaker 6: That is a texture that I'm not comfortable with. The this cake loadke.
Speaker 3: Exactly what I love.
Speaker 2: But everybody raises a body. But I like cake and shakes.
Speaker 3: You sure do, yes, you know, shake that cake, baby, Come on, big p wow everybody. Jenny Bones, Jy Bones. It looks like a silencer.
Speaker 2: He's transitioned in the evil villain. You mean a sniper.
Speaker 3: I said. What I said is a silencer.
Speaker 2: Guys, that makes he makes you go quiet quiet, he's big pea. He hasn't done it. Gleaming. Oh, I mean that's his cash co that's Moby Dick white Whale.
Speaker 3: Once he quiets that guy down, he's done your term mine. I got one more thing I wanted to tell you this. An estimated eleven million gallons of oil spilled into the water. Eleven million gallons, Rosie, Yeah, polluted seven hundred miles of coastline. Think about that one hundred. It was later revealed that Joseph Hazelwood.
Speaker 2: Was hammered. He was he wasn't really.
Speaker 3: Captain of the Valdez was drinking at the time of the accident. Allowed an uncertified officer to steer the massive vessel Man in March's nineteen ninety He's a Wood was convicted of misdemeanor negligce misdemeanor negligence, find fifty thousand dollars, ordered to perform a thousand hours community service. In July nineteen ninety two, they called in Big P and he took him out.
Speaker 2: Why are you so violent?
Speaker 8: Some people clean up the ducks, some people clean up the mess. Look at you.
Speaker 3: You're my favorite show on CBS, Big P.
Speaker 1: You need help to actually say it though.
Speaker 3: We were talking about that in the break. Imagine that pick like, Okay, your congratulations, you got the role. You're exactly who we're looking for.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 3: What's my character's name?
Speaker 2: They don't worry about it, but it's a working title. We're never gonna change.
Speaker 3: Man, what a story arc. That guy's character was knots in your stomach, knowing that they were going to figure it out, and they did.
Speaker 1: It's so good when he won't do the the is it like the Russian bath with Pollie and then he won't take off his clothes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that shows so good man character.
Speaker 3: It was like, I love Polly he looked like the vampire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, scary at Polly is the best character on this show.
Speaker 3: How hot was Lorraine bat You?
Speaker 2: Is that Lorraine bobbin in Italian? But the therapist? Yeah? I don't remember the character's name.
Speaker 3: No, I heard the actresses. Isn't it Lorraine Baccio?
Speaker 1: You just like she's a lady in power? Call your hands up, Lorraine Bobbito Brocco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was how I asked if you'd seen her husband's video. Yeah, yesterday. I repeat the same thing over.
Speaker 3: A big pee. Whill you take him out? Just silence.
Speaker 2: There trying a gun.
Speaker 1: We'll go down to the engineer's room and to say, could you please silence Paul?
Speaker 2: He saw his Lambert permanently by removing his microphone. Twenty minutes from now, Marnie Gellner will be here.
Speaker 6: Twenty minutes from now, we'll talk to Twins manager Derek Sheldon.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Tip Monty Show on the Fan.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Patrack Moore Show. We were you know why, Corey. We were talking a little bit ago about the movie you guys saw, Project Hail Mary and how much you guys loved it and everything like that, and we talked a little bit after the show yesterday in Abbot's office, But I purposefully made myself and not talk to you guys about the show that I like on the air because I don't want anybody to not watch it because I like it. I'm worried so much about my reviews being a negative, even if they're positive. What's the show the Madison? I like the show so much. It's again it's another Taylor Sheridan movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which means I'm out, But I get it. I just don't like his style.
Speaker 3: And I get it. But I'm going to tell you, man, it's such a comment on modern parenting and how we have over corrected. We were latchkey kids who were given the ultimate amount of freedom. We always talk about leaving in the morning and not coming home until it was dark, and that's so romantic and so much and there's so much positivity to that, but there was also so much loneliness and so much fear, and so many things that we did wrong, and so we overcorrected as a generation. I'm talking about the generation as a whole and not individuals. You get my point. Sure, we've overcorrected to the point where we were overprotective, so we were latchkey kids who became helicopter parents, and which one's worst. We can debate that all day long, but that's what this show is about. And it speaks to me so much because I did that. So, I mean, it's on point for me and Taylor shared and really from the very first scene of this show does a wonderful job of looking at this in a way that I never had seen. And then I started watching Rooster with Steve Carrell and it's about the same exact thing, only with comedy involved. So I think that's the you know you were just saying, Max, would you say about the movies this year?
Speaker 1: Almost all of the Oscar movies, I would say, outside of F one and The Secret Agent, the central theme of almost all of them is just kind of the trials and tribulations, the joy and the pain of being a parent. Hamnet that's obviously at the center of it, one battle after another, him being a single parent as well, sentimental value, that's the central theme of it.
Speaker 2: Marty, Supreme to it.
Speaker 1: Media six, I mean, that's it should have won the Oscars.
Speaker 2: It did in my mind. And Ladybugs, Ladybugs.
Speaker 1: Right, Media Christmas which is actually a pretty good film.
Speaker 2: Stop, it's not bad.
Speaker 3: It's better than right haw, Yes, well I saw twice. I saw once. I went right back in the theater.
Speaker 1: I lost it back to go see it in Hawk that went and saw it on his own, no joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't know I was gonna be there. He walked the cry.
Speaker 2: Started anyway, there you go. I know that.
Speaker 3: I normally people run away from things that I like. But if you uh, it's it's Kurt Russell and Michelle Peiffer. They do a fantastic job. And oh and suddenly out of nowhere, dude from SmartLess Job, Will Arnett's in it. You're like, where did he come from? And it's a serious role. Good to see. So they go watch Johnny Beanson's Bone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, watch it Johnny. You guys, I don't watch TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you don't watch TV.
Speaker 1: We saw it at the theater, the Southdale Theater, no joke, we saw it.
Speaker 2: It's not bad that Hawk did cry he loves in it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh now, wait in the Madison or Media's Christmas, Media's Christmas.
Speaker 2: That's probably staying in the theater. Like the movie's over play it against Sam.
Speaker 5: Number.
Speaker 6: Like a couple of weeks ago, the Chiefs and Travis Kelcey agreed to a one year deal.
Speaker 2: He announced he was coming back.
Speaker 1: He's all excited about not retiring, and Taylor Swift inspired him to keep going, right, So they've amended it now it's a three year deal, fifty four million. Year one is still the twelve million plus three millions and incentives.
Speaker 2: But he is thirty six years old.
Speaker 6: He turns thirty seven pretty much within the first month or so of the season, So a three year deal, but I think I I think it's still essentially a one year deal, if that makes sense, right.
Speaker 2: It's one of those bits where.
Speaker 1: This is fair for the next three years if he keeps going, but if he walks away.
Speaker 6: After one, then what's not the end of the world. So I think they it may be more just ceremonial than anything else.
Speaker 1: But if he keeps going three years fifty four, they're going to be a good team. Man, If they get their quarterback back, they have a top ten pick in the draft, they signed probably the best free agent running back.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be a good team. Kenneth Walker, Yeah.
Speaker 3: DNA, Mike.
Speaker 2: What really matters though, is this, Okay, it.
Speaker 3: Was on this date in what year, gentlemen, that The Godfather, a three hour epic chronicling the lives.
Speaker 10: Of the Corlegne seventy is released in theater nine seventy one, seventy three, nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 2: We Danced All Over seventy.
Speaker 3: Two Father, adapted from the best selling book by Mario.
Speaker 10: Puzo, Oh, Big Pig.
Speaker 2: I've seen it exactly once, and I only saw the first one.
Speaker 1: Really never saw the second one. I've only heard it. Yeah, whoa Yeah. The first of all, how old were you I saw? I probably was, Oh when did I watch it? Maybe ten years ago, so I was probably in my thirties.
Speaker 2: Wow, and not that impressed. No, I thought it was I thought it was good.
Speaker 1: And you could you know it's a I don't know, like, yeah, I didn't think it was like the greatest movie I've ever seen, but I totally understood why people thought it was.
Speaker 2: In the conversation for the greatest.
Speaker 6: Movie of all time. I just I thought it was like a nine. I just maybe didn't think it was like a ten points yere it.
Speaker 2: Was low maintenance. Yeah, it was nine, but it was low maintenance. So that I made it a ten and it was very Did you.
Speaker 8: Have any compulsion to go watch Godfather to them knowing that it's no, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: See what you guys don't understand is the big p It's pattern his entire life. That's that movie.
Speaker 1: That's your Founders for me, he just three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: It's why I've only seen the first one. Yeah. Really, isn't the third one terrible? Third one is reportedly terrible the first. Everybody rais why is it? Why is it got off? It just does? It doesn't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't hold it. The writing doesn't hold up. There's so many plots. It was forced. It just it was completely unnecessary.
Speaker 2: There is his daughter, right? That was yes, Yes, Cola bore the three she's in it. Oh the actresses she played media?
Speaker 1: Yeah, god three to the origin story.
Speaker 2: You don't know her low?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard from the makeup and it was probably the hot take.
Speaker 2: I think she did better than Tyler Perry. She used to be casts. Dare you? I had to save Christmas from the Corleons. All your hands up? Media? You know it's a dude, right, Oh, so is Damian Woody. Yeah. I never said that.
Speaker 3: Max's lady that was that size, and I said, I love ladies of all sizes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did, and then he put his hand on the TV screen.
Speaker 3: Why'd I've done that?
Speaker 2: Because you were horridy?
Speaker 3: Please silence him.
Speaker 1: Big Pepe the Wilder at Tampa Bay night six thirty right here on the fan.
Speaker 6: You're home from Minnesota Wild Hockey. Eleven games to go for the Minnesota Wild in the regular season.
Speaker 1: Eight of them on the road, so just three home games left. You wanted to watch the while before the regular season is over. But what really matters is this are you're right.
Speaker 3: By the way for some remers. I thought she was the director, but she just she was one of the stars of it. So yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 8: She was the director for Loston translation, Yeah I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, what a what a film that is?
Speaker 2: That's a film.
Speaker 3: It was on this date in sixteen oh three that the very first Queen Elizabeth died after four twenty four years of rule, which is a long time. In sixteen oh three, right, Queen Elizabeth the First of England died and King James the sixth of ascended to the throne. That's right, uniting England, Scotland and the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Wow, not a true story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. She was the daughter of King Henry the eighth and Anne Bolin, you know bowlegged Bolin they called it.
Speaker 2: Es. Is she the lady that cut her head cut off?
Speaker 3: Would you relax?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Es? I don't know, let me check. Elizabeth succeeded to the throne. Succeeded. I succeeded to the throne in fifteen fifty eight upon the death of her half sister, Queen Mary. The two half sisters, both daughters of Henry the eighth, had a stormy relationship during Mary's five year reign, Mary, who was brought up as a Catholic and active pro Catholic legislation and made efforts to restore the pope to supremacy. A Protestant rebellion ensued in Queen Mary was imprisoned. No, Queen Mary imprisoned Elizabeth in the Tower of London on suspicion of complicity. Tower of London. We've all been there, we have. After Mary's death, Elizabeth survived several Catholic plots against her, and although her ascension was greeted with approval by most of England's lords, who were largely Protestant and hoped for greater religious tolerance. Blah blah blah. Under the early guidance of Secretary of State Sir William Cecil, she repealed Mary's pro Catholic legislation and established permanent Protestant Church of England. So that that time is when all of that happened. Protestants Catholics, all that jazz, the two kids in the Tower of London, all that jazz.
Speaker 2: Max. You've never been to the Tower of London, But have you been in a London Bridge? Talk about it? You know.
Speaker 3: Towern were you?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't.
Speaker 1: I never gone to the Tower London. No, No, No, that's where with the London Bridge.
Speaker 3: That's where the Family Jewels are right Yeah, Crown Jewels, I guess not Family Jewels.
Speaker 2: Hotel room. So you guys were at the London.
Speaker 3: Bridge, Me and Fergie.
Speaker 2: That is a banger.
Speaker 1: That's pretty first album is a banger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Big girls don't cry.
Speaker 2: That's your tramp stamp.
Speaker 3: Why would that be my tramp stamp? I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're into tattoos, big.
Speaker 3: Pee, please, I'm begging.
Speaker 2: I think you're hoping.
Speaker 1: Big girls don't cry when you hook up with female Damien.
Speaker 3: She's going to cry a disappointment.
Speaker 1: What's the what's the feminine version of Damien? Like, how do we switch her first name? It sounds more like Damnielle. It's got Darlene. Sure, Darlene. Woody banged a couple of Darling.
Speaker 2: Darlene from that lady.
Speaker 3: She was scary.
Speaker 1: Wasn't there a Darlene on on Roseanne the Daughter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, yep. Forget her name Darney. I mean, Darling was a character's name, but I forget.
Speaker 2: It's Sarah Gilbert. That's it. Yeah, thank you, Ben Darling.
Speaker 3: Coaches.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll talk to Marty Gellner a second, and the newest manager of the Minnesota Twins, Derek Shelton, joins a power trip after this song.
Speaker 5: Fan