Speaker 1: The one and only Monster Jam goes back into US Bank Stadium February seventh and eighth.
Speaker 2: We have your tickets in.
Speaker 1: Check out our contest page at kfean dot com to see how you can win a family four pack of tickets to the February seventh show. That's KFE dot com. Keword contest to enter today.
Speaker 3: That's this weekend, man, Oh my, yeah, I know right.
Speaker 4: You know what else is this weekend that I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl, the Winter Olympics, let's go. Hell yeah, I'm specifically looking forward to the women's US hockey team plane, especially the preliminary game against Chechia tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That's right, okay, Jurd Fox, Good morning, a man, let's go. I'm ready to roll.
Speaker 5: Technically I'm leaving Sunday, but I'm in the works of moving my flight to Friday, so I'm ready to I'm ready to get out of here, ready to get to Italy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool. I'm fired up. Yeah, I'm fired up.
Speaker 5: It'll be It's always so fun, just like I've been to the last two World Championships, which we're in Utica, Utica, New York, and.
Speaker 2: Then check ya you say, I keep saying chech it might be that maybe from the world. Ye there, yeah, he would know everybody so hard on that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, that's brilliant, but yeah, it's just so fun to travel and do it, and now.
Speaker 5: To do it on the Olympic stage, which is just like way higher level.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 4: All right, let's put Parker to the test. This is, you know, just your future wife.
Speaker 2: No big deal. Uh.
Speaker 4: The US women hockey team has a preliminary game against Chechia tomorrow. When they have Finland on Saturday, Switzerland on Monday, came it on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Those are the prelimbs. That's right, amazing hot lots. How many?
Speaker 4: How many gals on the team are born or from Minnesota, so you know, originally from not necessarily moved here professionally or collegiately, but are listed as being from Minnesota.
Speaker 2: How many gals? I feel like I could go through the.
Speaker 5: Whole roster and and get it, but that would take forever.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 6: Kelly.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 7: Five is the right.
Speaker 4: Damn Five Minnesota's on the team now Part B or Part two out of this question. How many current members of the Minnesota Frost are on the US Women's Olympic Hockey.
Speaker 2: Team, Olympic Hockey team.
Speaker 4: How many current members of the frost or team could also be?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 5: Could be six Kendall Lee, Kelly Taylor, Britta Kendall, Lee, Kelly. I think that's it.
Speaker 2: Five. You're going five Ritta Kelly, Kendall, Grace Taylor Lee. Six. Six is the right answer. The guy knows his hockey.
Speaker 4: Man six, get the bucks and deep Zacho, Oh yeah, get to get on the fore check call him down.
Speaker 2: Well they man, I'm excited for you. That's gonna be fired. It would be fun to go to Italy and Milan and.
Speaker 4: Cortina without regardless of the Olympics, it would just be fun in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm excited just hearing her story.
Speaker 5: She's been over there since Thursday now, so almost almost a week, and just to hear all the stories of the village and the cafeteria. And I don't know if you guys know, but Jake Paul's fiance is a speed skater for the Netherlands. She's yeah, so she's seen her a couple of times and kind of just like a larger than life figure. She's like one of the best speed skaters in the world. And she's also getting married to Jake Paul, So she's got a lot going on for herself right now. Speed skater. Yeah, Utah, her name is Utah. But yeah, just to hear her stories too are crazy. It's just it's it's the it's the highest level of competition. It's something she's dreamed for her whole life. So it's a it's gonna be fun to watch her live it up.
Speaker 4: Has she thought about things like, you know, if she finds a way to break out in a huge way and win a dramatic gold medal kind of a game that she could end up on like the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallond or something like Has.
Speaker 2: She thought that far?
Speaker 4: That's not out of the possibility, not at all. That happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You always see, you.
Speaker 5: Know, the top competitor, like like a Sean White or something like that.
Speaker 4: Or like the curling guys or the curling guys. Yeah, exactly, maybe that's Taylor in a couple of weeks. Yeah, that would be something else. That would be something I have to have to lead you on to that one you have to go with. Yeah, that's what I do. We all have to cover it, right, we have to go, we'd have to go. Yeah, who's on the hotline, Christian?
Speaker 3: I think it's Tommy. I'm I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: Good morning, amazing, hot okay, hot Rod Hi Tommy.
Speaker 2: He had an appointment with the Hot Rods. He just wanted to say. That was a pocket dial.
Speaker 4: By the way, he heard hot Rods brilliant, get an order.
Speaker 7: He thought.
Speaker 2: He did hang up after he said it. He called his brother, so I forgot TI. Man. Thanks, what a guy.
Speaker 4: So what else are you pumped for besides the actually take events?
Speaker 2: That's a great question. I'm going to Venice as well.
Speaker 5: So I'm fired up for that because people say that that's like going to disappear in a couple of years. I don't know if that's true or not, but I heard that it might like flood out, So I got to get that will I, Well, I kind of enjoy it. That could be completely false as well.
Speaker 2: So I've heard it's a tourist trap, but I've also heard.
Speaker 4: It's kind of awesome for a day or two. Yeah, I think, yeah, it's probably smelly.
Speaker 5: I think staying in it is something that like you don't want to go for like a week, but just taking a day trip will be fun.
Speaker 2: Lake Como.
Speaker 5: I heard it is unbelievable, So we're going to do that. And then what yeah, I know lake Como, Tomo with the season.
Speaker 4: How much of this is so all of these journeys though almost all of these these are without Taylor, right, Yeah, it'll be.
Speaker 5: Yeah with with either my mom is coming over there or her parents over there as well. So we're gonna just do little day trips the day there is in games. And then we're staying three days after the gold medal games. So and Taylor's staying too. She's not flying back with the team, no, she They fly back on the twenty third, I think, so after closing ceremonies.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then along of a break does she had before the Frost have to get back at it.
Speaker 5: I think it's like right away. I think it's like one day off and then get back to practice. So we'll see what kind of attitude they have if they have a gold medal or a silver medal or a bronze or.
Speaker 4: And maybe she can't stick around because she's got to go to Los Angeles to go see Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 2: That's right, yeah, you never know. That'd be a good excuse. That would be a good excuse to ditch you in the fam. That would be fun. Yeah, pretty cool, yeah man, best of luck. All right, time for the news.
Speaker 3: You got that right, buddy, boy.
Speaker 2: This is Cafe in News with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 3: That's me, all right, I got a lot for you guys.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 6: There are new details about that bio lab bus on you guys about in Vegas that's at the center of a federal investigation klas Is. This document show at least two people got definitely ill after spending time in the house. It's not clear who they were or when it happened. A local and federal agents rated the home over the weekend after it was linked to a similar lab in California. The owner of that lab is a Chinese national who's now facing charges for allegedly making and selling misbranded medical devices. Investigators arrested a man who they believe is an associate of the California lab owner. If you read the things they brought out of this lab, it's some real bad stuff like monkey pox and stuff like that, Like real real bad stuff right there in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we should probably go cover it. Yeah, we probably should.
Speaker 3: I think you probably should.
Speaker 4: Let's get as close to the action as possible. That's what you do on the strip. Yeah, and uh, I mean, I'm just gonna read the news stories from the Vegas Strip. It's still it'll feel like we're taking the pulse of the community.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Yeah, man, it's important to be on the ground.
Speaker 3: It's real important.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm only using this news story because of one word.
Speaker 3: California thieves caught in Nevada with.
Speaker 2: Loot excuse me the loop? Yeah, great song.
Speaker 6: Three men from northern California were underrest in Nevada after officials say they were caught with five hundred thousand dollars in loot.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 6: The items were reportedly inside big rigged trailers that were stolen from a Tahoe Reno industrial center. Vehicles were later spotted and Sparks conducted a stakeout out the suspects trying to move the stolen trucks. They're under arrest with the loot.
Speaker 3: I love the word.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that always mentioned on Carmen San Diego? Didn't you have to find a lute?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think I ever watched a full episode of that show. Well, it's because it was too much geography, and I've never heard of that.
Speaker 3: Carmen san Diego.
Speaker 4: Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? Great theme song, Jess, it's like animated. It was a kid's show. No, it was a kids show where you used to. I think there's an animated versions in the last like ten or fifteen years, but we grew up on a non animated verse.
Speaker 2: That's old. Oh yeah, it was like ninety.
Speaker 3: I've ever heard that. Where in the world is lu Nanny Umbrero?
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard that? Yeah? Of course that's.
Speaker 3: In the world is Carmen San Diego.
Speaker 2: But they just cut that part out of the lou Nanny. That's brilliant. Yeah, same theme song. Hey is uh?
Speaker 4: I'm flipping through the old channels right now? Is there anything on Olympic related right now? A great question, free limbs or anything or of any kind.
Speaker 2: Does that controller have the microphone thing? Sure? Just speaking just say Olympics.
Speaker 4: You can spell dangang bag of hammers. Oh, it's gonna on YouTube trip This is no results phone for bag of hammers.
Speaker 3: While you're doing that on a Olympics.
Speaker 2: Say amazing, hot Ross. You wish there's chasing gold.
Speaker 4: Mentaling olympicscy Gortina Olympics.
Speaker 2: She sounds idious.
Speaker 4: None of this stuff's live best of curling, best of outline scheme.
Speaker 2: Isn't that like the red zone? But yeah, that's yes.
Speaker 6: Police and police in Chelsea and Michigan are looking for answers after a human skull was found in a donation ben dropped off last week in a local good Wolf store. A woman left a donation January twenty sixth. Please say the skull appears to have been accidentally included her drop off.
Speaker 2: What how do you accidentally?
Speaker 3: I saw a picture of her.
Speaker 6: There's a still frame of this lady dropping this off and it's wrapped up in a T shirt.
Speaker 4: Pull your hands up. The lady that dropped off the skull, would hawk listen? I'm a big fan of Hey. If you let's say, you know, if you bring something to the airport, they always say, like, you know, did you you have anything on you?
Speaker 2: And bubbles stop you right, bundle your bags?
Speaker 4: Remember Carlin used to have that little bit about did you pack your own bags?
Speaker 2: No, Carata packed my bags. I've packed my own bags.
Speaker 4: But anyway, my point is is if you drop a whole bunch of stuff off at Goodwill, right like when my wife says, hey, drop all this stuff off, I don't look through it, right, I just throw it in the back seat of the car and go drive to good Will. Is there plausible deniability there? Like let's say they go through my stuff and they find a human skull, and I go, I don't know what's in there, Like am I screwed or or is that a Is that gonna hold up in Courtfu'm like, I just dropped it off.
Speaker 2: I didn't know there was a human skull in there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that's how that works. Questioned, I don't know.
Speaker 6: They're always findsary mixed into all my clothing. I gave away broken things. Well this is trash, but that's all right. I gave them nine shirts we still had the price tag.
Speaker 2: And then you went back and bought some of them. That's what you know.
Speaker 4: Good Will is always like, we don't accept microwaves.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the case. I'm just stuff like that, right, we don't accept microwaves.
Speaker 4: What you do is find the largest garbage bag possible and surround the microwave clothes.
Speaker 2: And then when they go, hey, what is this, what's in this bag? It's all closed. Don't look.
Speaker 4: You drop the clothes off in the bin and you just hall ass out of that little garage and later, good luck recycling that microwave.
Speaker 3: The son of a bitch, I'm afraid I'm a good letter from good Will.
Speaker 6: With these tastes going on, what are we supposed to do with all these brown stained underwear and sleeveless T shirts?
Speaker 3: Somebody thinks thatch.
Speaker 2: Go oh man, I love dropping stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever given a T shirt that had sleeps on it.
Speaker 2: You love doing that.
Speaker 3: If you see people in Rogers with sleepless T shirts.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. That's so good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Affliction is backing Rogers in the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Just some giants selection. It's like an ed hardy store. Anyway.
Speaker 3: I got hardy underwear.
Speaker 2: I believe that.
Speaker 3: I like the other day.
Speaker 2: You bought him the other day.
Speaker 7: Ye need?
Speaker 3: My thing keeps growing. I gotta have room for the boys. Get any fellows.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried those s A X X. Get two pairs of those as well.
Speaker 3: They got a little pouch free thang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they work good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I never heard of them.
Speaker 6: It's like having a party, like having a guest house for ding dong cast house.
Speaker 4: It's fully furnished that it's where Cato stays. All right, Sauce will do sports in a second. Parker Fox is here before he goes to Italy. This is the power of Trip morning show on the fanad.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: A Doberman pincher has won Best in Show at the Westminster Dog Show. The one hundred and fiftieth Annual Westminster Dog Show was held Tuesday in New York City. This year's winner was a four year old Doberman named Penny. That's a huge bit good Doggiestberman, sar.
Speaker 2: They look bad ass.
Speaker 1: I saw on Sauce's dad's story that they are on Twitter. I should say that they recognized Catherine o'harah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: We watched that movie yesterday. It's so good. Best show. Oh it's a ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: You have two left feet, that's the best.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he really does have. Everywhere they go, she's banging somebody.
Speaker 6: You know, and he's just great. Whether he's so cool, you know, what. Everybody's got a story, right.
Speaker 2: He doesn't seem thrilled, but he does accept it. Yeah, seems a little bummed out.
Speaker 3: You know what I always say? Boy, you know it's good to buy used car.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, it's already broken in why people buy ed hardy tank tops? Yeh.
Speaker 3: Don't use blue light though, black light whichever, don't use that either.
Speaker 2: You're not checking the car facts. I don't want to check the car sauce. Would you like to do athletic news? Sure, I'd love it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you're like man if I check the car facts.
Speaker 2: Sometime I like man thrust. Why you judging? For judging?
Speaker 6: Time for Fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck Building contractor Thank.
Speaker 2: You hogs Daddy.
Speaker 4: Last night, the NFC beat the AFC sixty six fifty two in the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: It was thrilling.
Speaker 3: First play from scrimmage, EM it's no not in it's mets.
Speaker 2: So I was watching the DA Cowboys thing.
Speaker 6: By the way, have you guys seen the Dallas Cowboy's new show America's Team on Netflix?
Speaker 2: It good, real good.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna tell you something I thought I would never say in the whole my whole life.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones seems like a good dude.
Speaker 2: Whoa I know, did he pay to have this documentary made?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but like he did.
Speaker 6: You know he and Jimmy Johnson played football together at Arkansas won the national championship.
Speaker 3: That's how they know each other.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think I did know that.
Speaker 3: I did not know that. It's a damn fine documentary.
Speaker 8: That he is the reason why the guy who used to coach Kentucky is now the head coach at Arkansas basketball because of Jerry Jones, because of the money he puts into it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't. I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: But I will say, Ben Leber, if you're out there listening and you've seen it, please call I got to see if you if you think I'm right about this, And if you haven't, please watch it.
Speaker 2: Episode three, fall in and say amazing, hot work.
Speaker 3: You can do that too.
Speaker 2: No, don't do that, kay stop No.
Speaker 6: Episode three of that show, which again is called America's Team I believe on Netflix. Episode three may be the best episode of any sports documentary I've ever seen. It's the most well edited piece of documentary on sports i've ever seen. The way they mix in the National Championship and the nineteen ninety two NFC Championship game into one episode.
Speaker 3: Is brilliantly done. What'd you ask me?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah about the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: So the quarterback for Dallas, now, what's his name?
Speaker 2: Dak?
Speaker 6: Dak throws a sixty yard touchdown to uh, the guy with three names from Detroit.
Speaker 2: First play, that's him.
Speaker 3: First played the game. I was like, good, this is on. This is better.
Speaker 2: I think the field is only fifty yards.
Speaker 4: But no, but to be fair, you're gonna think I'm in the You're gonna think I'm making this up, but I'm not. Antoine Winfield picked off Joe Burrow with four minutes to go. Apparently that was the clincher. So the NFC wins sixty six fifty two. NFC head coach Jerry Rice Yeah said quote, my team just didn't give up.
Speaker 2: They kept fighting.
Speaker 5: It was I watched the first two drives that had to change the chattel because it was just like, oh, it.
Speaker 2: Was classic, excited. Yeah, and you guys watched the whole thing. We watched it. You know.
Speaker 4: It's strange, honestly, though, think of think of anything the NFL does wrong except for the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, universally hated.
Speaker 4: There's almost nothing else the NFL does where you're like, geez, they are screwing this up by budding games overseas. Right, No, they nailed it. They almost everything right now. They have the draft that goes from town to town and that's a huge success.
Speaker 2: It makes these big choices and you're like, man, these guys are smart. That's why they're making billions and billions of dollars totally. And then there's this Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got an idea for this.
Speaker 6: I'd say the Pro Bowl is old timers game, and we just watch old men just punish each other one calm down, Ken Stables.
Speaker 1: Dead quite literally amazing Hot Rode sure, yeah, literally crossed him off them.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Dante Culpepper, Well are they aren't they trying to figure out because flag football is in the twenty eight Olympics, that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why they keep doing that, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's how they're going to spreak it football after twenty eight?
Speaker 2: Can we shut it down? Can we shut it down? Yeah? What's that? The Pro Bowl? Yeah, don't no, they're they want this to be a lasting thing. They do.
Speaker 1: They think flag football is going to be the gateway drug to the rest of the world in terms of.
Speaker 2: They did the tush push in flag football at the end of the game. I must have missed that. It was like the last play of the game. I think we were saying good night to each other. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Chicago, Minnesota, and Detroit had a three team trade last night. J in basketball, Mike Conley Junior went to the Bulls and Kevin Herder and Dario Sarik Sorich.
Speaker 2: Sorry, come on, dude, to the Pistons.
Speaker 4: You can say it either way. Yeah, thank you. Yeah you have you have the ability to.
Speaker 2: Do that, and whatever makes you happy can't be that bad. I like the sage. We're on the same page. Yeah he's doing yeah body Yeah.
Speaker 8: Detroit also received a twenty twenty six first round protected swap from your Timberwolves. The Timberwolves cleared like ten and a half million in cap space.
Speaker 2: A lot of people thank you.
Speaker 3: How much cap space you need?
Speaker 2: Oh not roads. A lot of people think it's to clear the deck for Jannis.
Speaker 8: Some people think they are just trying to get under the first apron part, which.
Speaker 4: They have harder your thoughts on the Yanna's trade, and I think Jade McDaniels.
Speaker 2: Nas reed, Oh yeah, I mean, what do you think? There's a lot going on right?
Speaker 5: I think anytime you can take a player like Jannis and Adam to your roster, you'd be dumb not to at least try and see what that looks like. Now, do I think adding him over Jada McDaniels, is he a better player?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably, But but Jaden's younger.
Speaker 5: He's he's cheaper, he's he's healthier, He's got the three point shot. Jannis doesn't have the three point shot. The one thing that concerns me is if you go with Yannis and if nas Reid is a part of that, you lose all front court shooting ability. Because Nas is good for a couple threes per game. You're not going to get any shooting from Rudy, so so you completely lose that. So that's something that I'm a little concerned with. But I know the goal was to get under the apron. They could have taken Colby White too. I don't know if you guys saw this, Yeah, so that is intriguing to kind of see what happens with this.
Speaker 2: You a situation.
Speaker 5: But I'm hearing it's either Minnesota or Miami, and we could see something today.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to be US, I really do. I got a feeling that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: It would probably have to be Jaden, Julius, maybe Rob and Picks.
Speaker 8: So and and Jaden might go to Portland, yes, because Picks would come from Portland.
Speaker 1: Three trade, Yeah, exactly, a hot is being floated to I mean, it's a big ask.
Speaker 4: It's a big ass So if you if you could get somebody to bite on the exact same trade you just said, right, yep. But swap Jaden for Nas, Yeah, is that just a no brainer? If it's Julius Nas Robin Picks, I think so.
Speaker 5: But it's so tough because because nowadays in the NBA you need front court shooting ability. Like you look at some of the best teams like chet Holmgrid in Oklahoma City.
Speaker 2: Chet can stretch the flour and shoot the three.
Speaker 5: As a Hartenstein doesn't shoot the three, So you at least have one guy there for you that can shoot the three. If you go Rudy and Yiannis, you just have nothing in the front court. Shooting and it's Cat and Rudy again, right, I mean it is, but Kat can shoot it, right. So it's one of those deals where you completely take away three point shooting at two positions, and I think that's dangerous in the modern NBA. Now, is it worth it to get the freak and one of the best players in the NBA? Probably, But I just I don't know. I'm such a Jada McDaniels fan too, and I think he's beloved here in Minnesota. And we've seen the way Anthony Edwards spoken about Jade, and I don't know. I think there's just a lot going on in this trade. But like I said, it's Giannest, it's the freak. You have to at least try.
Speaker 8: The Clippers traded James Harden to Cleveland for Darius Garland in a second round pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought that was a really good get for Cleveland. I was talking to my buddy, he plays for the Toronto Raptors, and he was mentioning, I think Cleveland's a threat now in the East. You know, coming out of there, James Harden's playing at a.
Speaker 2: Really high level.
Speaker 5: Darius Garland's been hurt this year with a little toe injury. He had surgery on it. I'm pretty sure, and he's kind of just been lingered. But yeah, if you would have told me they're just swapping Harden and Garland, I wouldn't have really believed.
Speaker 2: You, because that's what ten years age difference.
Speaker 5: And so Cleveland must kind of evaluate where they are right now and think they have a chance to make a push in the East with the Knicks not playing as great.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll see what happens over there.
Speaker 8: The Super Bowl is on Sunday between the Seahawks and the Patriots at five thirty pre game I think starts after a Gopher game on Sunday.
Speaker 2: The Hawks are minus four and a half.
Speaker 8: The Gophers battle seventh ranked Michigan State tonight at six oh up to seven.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and your Gophers, Parker, have lost seven straight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've been struggling, dealing with a little bit injuries to their best player, Cade Tyson had an ankle injury, kind of lingered lost on Yeah, lost on a buzzer beater to Penn State. At Penn State, we had won there the last two years in a row, So I know that one hurts, but you come back and you get another opportunity, and I think it's one of those situations where if you're those seven guys within the rotation, and I think five of them are seniors, you get an opportunity and you're in your last year to play tom Izzo and to play Michigan State. I'm sure the crowd is going to be great at home and get an opportunity to have a top ten ranked win, and it's going to be tough.
Speaker 2: But Michigan State isn't.
Speaker 5: They're good. They're really good. Defensively, they don't have the shooting from the outside. The point guard doesn't really shoot the ball at all, So you have an opportunity to kind of jump on them early, keep away from the ability to shoot the three point shots, and maybe have a top ten win at home.
Speaker 8: Zacho the Wild battle the Preds tonight in their final game before the Olympic break. Game time at seven o'clock. You can hear it on this station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the classic case of you know, can you stay focused before what's on the horizon. And for a lot of the guys, it's a vacation. You're going probably somewhere real warm and nice. Yeah, for some obviously it's the preferred route, which is Milan and representing your country, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of Olympians.
Speaker 1: Had a big recognition ceremony the other day Grand Casino Arena, recognizing all the and it took forever because of the whild have, Like I think the second tied for the second most Olympians in the NHL. So yeah, just I mean, it's a team they should be absolutely but again, uh, we'll see how how focused they can be and hopefully you get a couple more points before the break and we're.
Speaker 6: Too good to go on break right now? Can we skip this break and keep Yeah, that's actually I'm serious. I was listening to the other day to Carell talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were asking him about it. Yeah, and that that was a common thread in the post game. Like, you know, with the way Corella has been playing, how hot he has been, you know, is this a good time for to slow down for a while. But you know, I think that the rest and the opportunity, you know, and that I mean, you feel bad that he can't play in the Olympics and represent his country, but the good news of that is he can have some time to to rest and recover while you know a lot of his other teammates are going to have to be going balls to the wall here for a couple of weeks. So yeah, I think the Wild of a nice mix up players who are going to get that rest, gonna get ready to go. You know, feel bad for guys like Jonas Bardeen who wanted to go and play and had to make that tough decision, But you know, I I think the Wild they are sending them themselves up for a good to be in a good position when they come back for that whatever fifty or so days to you know, not only obviously the playoff thing, that's a foregone conclusion. They'll be there. But man, you know, we've we've we'll look at how Mortal Colorado has been lately. It's still a bit of a stretch, but it's it's looking more of a possibility to maybe go catch them.
Speaker 2: So can you like shut up?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I did not hit that? Would you hit that?
Speaker 2: You can see your beaty finger over there.
Speaker 4: See Vikey's news next, more with Parker Fox and the rest of the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 6: After this on the Fan, Corey, can I preview something of course in regards to that Dallas documentary. We're gonna go back in time and I'm gonna tell you guys about the herschel Walker trade because I don't think our generation quite knows just what we did. It's fascinating. Okay, Bikings after this Parker Fox's poetrip bording Shop. Parker, I'd like you to bring me something back, Okay, anything that you ever well, something small that fits in your bag that's not going to get you arrested, but that I can't possibly get in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Tell you, I'll try my best.
Speaker 6: Something small, something that every time I look at it, I'll think of you. And then remove my drawers.
Speaker 2: Oh and then what not underwear? Just drawers from his uh dresser?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked good will. Yeah, just take the whole dresser drawer, all the stuff.
Speaker 2: Over there, put it on the ground and let it sit there.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna want these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sweet.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys wanta do Vikings?
Speaker 2: Sure, it's time for Vikings Us on the Power Trip, presented by all Right C. J.
Speaker 4: Ham officially retired and by officially, we mean he announced it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we already knew he.
Speaker 3: Didn't go to the same college as you and so in South Dakota.
Speaker 5: Didn't know he went to the college that I really wanted to go though, I was getting recruited by and I visited twice and never got an offer. Augustanaunderstand she is in Sooux Fall, South Dakota, and go Viking.
Speaker 2: Why did you want to go there?
Speaker 5: Just a really nice school, cool city, cool city. It was like the perfect level for me out of out of high.
Speaker 4: School casino right outside of town.
Speaker 2: Right there, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: And then the University of Sooux Falls like butts up to it, so it's like there's but but yeah yeah two campus is right there, A lot of people to be around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like that guy. Yep. JM good.
Speaker 3: He was on the show a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: You said something about the Herschel Walker trade. You wanted to teach Parker Fox a listener too.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing, young Parker Fox.
Speaker 6: When I was a young man, Yep, there was a player, a college football player by the name of Herscha Walker, and I will always say I believe he's the best college football running.
Speaker 3: Back I've ever seen. Really, and that means bo Jackson, that means Ricky what was his.
Speaker 2: Name, Williams, Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush, you name it, all these great Simpson herschel Walker.
Speaker 6: Wasn't just great, but he was better than everybody by a long long ways. And I remember always hearing him saying he never lifted weights. All he ever did was when commercials came on TV, he did push ups and set ups. So I started doing that and I did it for about two days. But I digress. He was a great player, and he got to the NFL and he was He was selected to All Pro two consecutive seasons. He's playing for the Cowboys, right, yeah, great running back, but the Cowboys are terrible, and Jimmy Johnson has just been hired as the coach. The Tom Landry was fired. It was very controversial. Jerry Jones was the new owner. He fired everybody. Nobody knew who he was. He was from Arkansas. People hated him and they needed to do something to, you know, turn things around. So he says to himself, I'm going to trade Michael Irvin, a young wide receiver everybody wanted. So he calls Los Angeles the Raiders and talks to Al Davis because Al Davis always wanted wide receivers, and Al Davis for some reason said, dude, you don't want to trade Michael Irvin.
Speaker 2: He's great.
Speaker 6: So Jerry's like, okay, good thinking. So the only other thing he had was herschel Walker. So he starts this bidding war and people are throwing out ideas and throwing out ideas, and then he talks to Minnesota Vikings general manager Michae lenn They were very, very close and as far as they were concerned to being another Super Bowl kind of team, the Vikings were, so they put together a trade propose and Jerry Jones, there's no other way to say it, he swindled Mike Lynn and I don't and I know it didn't look like that at the time, and literally, I know hindsight is twenty twenty, especially on this what I'm about to tell you. You're going to say that seems ridiculous. I can't believe that the Vikings fell for that. But everybody the day after this trade said the Cowboys got fleeced. Everybody did. Dallas Morning news writers were like, what are you doing? You just ruined our team. This is ridiculous, But now looking back, you can't believe it. For one reason. So in the original proposal, Dallas agreed to give herschel Walker in three draft picks to Minnesota. In exchange, the Cowboys would receive five players, three draft picks, and conditional picks attached to each one of those five players. That's the key, because they attached draft picks to each of these players that would come to fruition if the Cowboys cut those players and Mike Lynn because the Cowboys were so bad and needed players at each one of these positions, was one hundred percent sure they wouldn't cut them, but they did so. The original trade featured Jesse Solomon, David Howard, Isaac Holt, Alex Stewart, and Darren Nelson, all players from the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 3: We all know Darren.
Speaker 2: Nelson they're running back. Yeah, but because actress right. Oh, but because of.
Speaker 6: The fact that Jerry Jones said, Zuike's and got rid of all of them instead. This These are the draft picks they got from us in the herschel Walker deal. Minnesota's first round pick in nineteen ninety, Minnesota's second round pick in nineteen ninety, Minnesota's sixth round pick in nineteen ninety, Minnesota's first round pick, in nineteen ninety one because they cut Solomon, Minnesota's second round pick in nineteen ninety one, because they cut Howard, Minnesota's first round pick in nineteen ninety two, because they cut Holt, Minnesota's second round picking, second round pick in nineteen ninety two because of the Darren Nelson trade, and Minnesota's third round pick in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: Because they cut Stewart.
Speaker 6: So they got in nineteen ninety our first, second, and sixth, in nineteen ninety one our first and second, and in nineteen ninety two our first, second, and third. In the herschel Walker, they've got our first and second and for the most of our third picks in three consecutive years.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 3: And we got herschel Walker.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's worse than the scene. Isn't that unbelievable?
Speaker 4: And they won Super Bowls and herschel Walker lost his shoe exactly.
Speaker 6: And herschel Walker, by the way, I don't know anything about him. I know a few things about him, But anybody who talks about himself and the third person that much has to be intolerable to be around. Yeah, he calls himself. He said, Well, they wanted herschel Walker. So you know, they got herschel Walker and they didn't want herschel Walker anymore.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, you know you're herschel Walker, right, yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: Think yourself, maybe he doesn't know.
Speaker 4: He's Remember remember a couple hours ago we were talking about dumber then a bag of hammers.
Speaker 2: Hey, herschel Walker up there.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, So there you go. So the Cowboys got all those picks from us. Yeah, and we got herschel Walker, Dallas's third round pick in nineteen ninety, San Diego's fifth round pick in some yeah, I know, Dallas's tenth round pick in nineteen ninety oh boy, and Dallas's third round pick in nineteen ninety one. So that is how they built that team.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's wild. It's unbelievable. That's depressing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you guys want to know who they picked up as far as those picks go, because it's kind of interesting to.
Speaker 3: Know what the result in is the picks. Who they got with those picks.
Speaker 4: Right, Because even though on paper it sounds like we got absolutely fleeced. If you draft poorly, it doesn't necessarily matter, right, It's like, well, they wasted him you could argue, well, the Vikings would have had.
Speaker 2: Opportunities to do something with the picks that they gave up.
Speaker 4: But if the Cowboys just swing and miss then strike, I don't know, then Ray doesn't look as bad.
Speaker 2: That's not what the Cowboys did. They hit multiple home.
Speaker 6: Runs, hit multiple ones, and some of this is convoluted. So if you get bored, I apologizes. I'll go as fasts I can. But so in nineteen ninety they used our first round pick for Emmett Smith, I mean again.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest running backs of all time. Yeah, yeah, it was Okay.
Speaker 6: Then our second round pick in nineteen ninety they used as part of a deal to get to the San Francisco forty nine ers third round pick in nineteen ninety and which they used to move up. Okay, so anyway, Then in Minnesotas first round pick in nineteen ninety one, they used to get Russell Maryland.
Speaker 2: Was a beast for a tackles, just a monster.
Speaker 6: Our second round pick in nineteen ninety one they used as a trade to get a running back, Alonso high Smith, who ended up being an important part of their backup to Emmitt Smith. Our first round pick in nineteen ninety two, Darren Woodson.
Speaker 2: Well, it's pretty good. Yeah, I forgot some of this though in fame, I think so.
Speaker 3: I believe that's right.
Speaker 2: I'd look it up with this kission.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 6: And then they used our third round pick in nineteen ninety two to trade it to New England to get their first and second round picks that year. So they used our picks to get even more picks in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was Hershel Walker good for the Vikings, No, very briefly.
Speaker 6: I think he had his first carry I believe was a touchdown. I think Rosie told.
Speaker 2: Us that and that's where he lost his shoe.
Speaker 4: I think I believe everybody went nuts because it was like, this guy's an unstoppable for us. It's like we got his first throw when Ponder chucked it in the Metro home exploded. It was just it's like we got our cornerback and that he sucked for two more years.
Speaker 6: The highlights the highlights of the of the trade for the Cowboys as far as picks, Emmett Smith, Russell Maryland, Clayton Holmes, Kevin Smith, Darren Woodson, Wow, and three Super Bowl wins good for them.
Speaker 2: So just three Super Bowl wins.
Speaker 1: Another question because actually this is a good like maybe new segment you kids don't know or something like that, was that's shop and I I mean I was obviously very young and not born when this was going down.
Speaker 4: Most people who are not born are extremely young as young as you can get the So this was obviously early nineties, but the Vikings were able to still build a pretty good roster.
Speaker 1: By the end of this whole deal. And obviously ninety eight happened. Would this have how would this have changed that team? Would it have been enough to push him over? Would that team have never been built the way it did? Well?
Speaker 2: Butterfly effect?
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, drafting was the drafting of Randy Moss changed everything, but change The Vikings were competitive in the nineties.
Speaker 2: We always had solid teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, but that's basically are what now sixty plus year history right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, always pretty solid.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and there they never bought them out, rarely bottom out. If they do, they win one too many games like they did when they had luck in RG three in the draft, yeah, they ninety eight was also the Cowboys did the Vikings a huge favor because the night before that draft Jerry Jones had dinner with Randy Moss and told him he was going to take him, and he didn't. They took some defensive tackle I think out of North Carolina.
Speaker 2: That would have changed everything. That would have changed Moss and.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys would have been a night I mean, yeah, yeah, interchanges the whole course of Vikings history totally. Speaking of the Super Bowl one, we're thinking might go ahead because I got a new, very exciting new bit.
Speaker 6: The only thing that we got out of all those trades and all that stuff from the herschel Walker deable size herschel Walker that ended up being a player of a consequence was Jake Reid.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, part of that threesome with That's right, Chris Carter.
Speaker 2: Randy Moss, and Jake Reid good follow on Twitter. Yeah, yep. Do you have any cool trivia music? Chris? Sure? It's Super Bowl week? You guys up for some Super Bowl trivia? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh this is nice? All right.
Speaker 4: I've written questions multiple rounds specifically for each of you.
Speaker 2: They get progressively harder. Are we a team? No? Individual? Round one? Parker, This first one for you here, Parker.
Speaker 4: This quarterback has won seven Super Bowls and five Super Bowl MVPs.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady, that is correct, Chris. Question two is for you.
Speaker 4: This Niners quarterback was a four time Super Bowl champ before Steve Young took over for the team. Joe, you have a point park, you have a point sauce.
Speaker 2: Question threes for you, so you can do this? No, I can't. It's gonna be the super Bowl trivia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm skeptical because roll of threes, you're about to get screwed.
Speaker 2: Ye sauce. X l v I I I is what number super Bowl? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that fifty eight? Incorrect? Guess again? X l v I I I is what number super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Thirty eight? Incorrect? Forty eight? Got it? Yes, but he got their first.
Speaker 4: Round question and those were the only three questions I wrote. So it's a three way tie. Oh sweet, yeah, break it down. Xl v I I I X is ten L I think is like a multiple of four. So four times ten V is five and then one one one is one. So much of that is right, yet one part of it is gigantically wrong.
Speaker 2: Is L four no is L fourty? No? What's x?
Speaker 4: Twitter exes ten? It sure is? So x is ten V is five? Right, and the eyes are one right, So what could the LB three?
Speaker 2: Two? What one? And you're last off? Okay, you had you had ten and five and three. Actually, this is fun. This is Roman algebra. Is L thirty twenty.
Speaker 4: No twenty five, No ten? No, L is silent? You don't say yeah, I'm silent.
Speaker 2: You don't use it. No, X L v I I I pants I'm currently. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: Let's say I get rid of the X. What would super bowl L V I I I B.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, Corey.
Speaker 3: Thanks Houzi.
Speaker 4: Eighteen no twenty eight, No thirty eight, no fifty eight.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't get it. What's what's I don't get it? Crap? Is it? L is fifty? It's okay. I'll never ask you that L is fifty. Oh so now figure it out. X L V I I.
Speaker 4: I So x l v I I I is sixty eight, No fifty eight forty eight forty eight eight yeah, oh, because the L is after the X.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right there, exactly, subtract. Get the subtraction.
Speaker 8: You could have easily chel forty eight XL is forty So how is XL I sixty one?
Speaker 2: It's not that would be forty one, but they just said it said super Bowl xl I. Maybe there's an X after it because XLI is forty one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, XLI is forty one. Yes, l XI is sixty one. Why don't we even use the Roman numerals.
Speaker 3: The NFL does.
Speaker 4: It's fantasy only the NFL does. That was a super Bowl trivia on the Power to a morning check.
Speaker 3: Even people in Rome are confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well that was fun. That was fun.
Speaker 4: What a fun bit. Yeah the time Park you did agree? You got Tom Brady very quickly. Thanks, Yeah, that was confident that one saw.
Speaker 2: So how many super Bowls has Tom Brady won?
Speaker 4: But answering Roman numerals V one one v one one, yes, somehow you still got that wrong.
Speaker 2: The more are the Power two Morning show after this on the Fan