Speaker 1: All right, Joe in the Morning show. It was so nice to have the family home for the holidays. It was incredible to be able to see my sons. Oh stop that music for a second. It was incredible to see my sons. It was incredible to have nice, big feasts together. We went downtown. I saw Anna rob And and Sexy Red, the lady in red she was.
Speaker 2: She was wearing uh.
Speaker 1: This red dress, which, by the way, if you didn't see, she also posted some uh social posts around the city.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: She was out taking pictures, uh with a I have the worst gaitar ever because I go, is this your boyfriend? And the kids like sitting there like this shiver and he's like, no, very good. But he was taking pictures for you. And then you got in some of our family photos, which was fun.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: We went downtown the day.
Speaker 1: After for Black Friday, and we uh you know, spread our our air up and down Woodward shopping in all the stories. Chelsea bought cowboy boots at this How do we have a cowboy store? I'm going to tell you the place was jammed and people were buying Kevin. First off, let me say something to you didn't know anything about it. Leave it to Dan Gilbert to go out and get the hottest cowboy shoe line in the world. I guess the supposedly Detroit beats even Chicago with that because I heard the people travel from Chicago to come there.
Speaker 2: Yeh.
Speaker 1: But in Chelsea bought some boots that were looking like hot. I'm excited, nice, I'm excited. I'm excited to have her. She'll never wear them with nothing, but it would be like a dream come true. If she just like walked in the room with nothing on, it would be like I'd be like, who stole my wife?
Speaker 2: Then we were going up and down, and we went to the tree.
Speaker 1: We went to the little shopping area there, what do they call it Cadillac Plaza shopping or something Cadillac Square. And then they have like two cool areas now that you can lodges that you can sit there and drink hot cocoa with some kind of an alcoholic beverage. And then we were going to go to lunch and we were going to eat at the restaurant that's at the base of the Christmas tree. If you're from outside of the Detroit area, we have our tree that is beautiful. And then we have this restaurant called Park that is there, and I made reservations on open table.
Speaker 2: Some time ago.
Speaker 4: You are so good.
Speaker 1: We are freezing our butts off. After walking around for like two and a half three hours, we get in for our you know, twelve fifteen or something reservation. Walk in the door. I walked in with confidence, like, look at this, mister big radio guy walk in. I go, hi, I gotta have a reservation for Tom. And they look at me like they saw a ghost. And I said, yeah, it's on there somewhere, and They're like, isn't it anything else. I'm thinking, oh my god, maybe I made the reservation under Mojo, which Chelsea hates when I do that. She thinks that it's very you know, egotistical of me to do that. But if it gets me at table, I don't care. So I try Mojo and he likes. She goes, I'm sorry, we don't have that for you. And this place is jammed all right. There's people sweat people eating brunch like you guys eat brunch all the time. You young young people like to eat brunch. I like to eat breakfast or lunch. I don't go brunching. So we're standing there for a little bit, and I'm looking behind me and Mom is not looking happy at me, and she's like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: And I go, no, thating, I got this.
Speaker 5: Please did you pull it up on your phone and show them that you had?
Speaker 1: I said, try here, spell my name and I spelled my name out for him. Capital C know I'm doing all the thing, and he goes, oh, I see, yeah, we got you down here for Saturday.
Speaker 2: Oh I put it on the wrong day. No, what have you? Has any of you guys ever done that before?
Speaker 1: Where has anybody ever like made a reservation or even like you book travel and you show up and you're like, yeah, I got my plane ticket that's going here. Yeah, your playing ticket was for yesterday. That's what I felt like. So I look and this guy was really nice, which, by the way, shout out to everybody at park. Yeah, everybody from the young guy that was working the counter that I was willing to offer him like one hundred bucks to get me a table. I didn't have to, thank God to the manager came over there like they saw our whole family that was there, and they're like, don't worry.
Speaker 2: About it, we'll get you the table. That's good.
Speaker 1: So they ended up putting something together for us. It was really really nice, and the waitress was awesome. She like, everybody's going to start a podcast. Everybody, have you ever done that before?
Speaker 2: Shannon? Have you ever done that? I probably?
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 5: The one that sticks out because I still roast him for it is when Wes and I first started dating, he planned like a date night. This was maybe for our second or third date, and we were downtown in fact as well, and he was like, I got it, I got dinner. We're going to go to a really cool place for drinks afterward. And he planned the entire night for the following weekend, same exactly, like same thing you did. And so we you know, we were just walking into places to sit down. But I have never let him live that.
Speaker 2: Down because so did you guys? Could you guys go anywhere? Did they?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean we ended up walking in, you know, somewhere else and it was fine.
Speaker 2: But that happens, you.
Speaker 1: Know, That's like, that's the other thing, Like what happened to me is bad because you got all these people that are depending on you. What happened to Wes is probably worse because you're still in the impressed game.
Speaker 4: Oh like, there was no impressing that day. There was no impressing.
Speaker 3: You Know.
Speaker 5: What happens to me though, with reservations is I I've had a few different last names.
Speaker 4: We can all laugh about that now. So on the different apps.
Speaker 5: Sometimes some of them, I haven't changed my name, like I Some of them, I use Murphy, which is which is the name obviously I use on the air, but that really is my maiden name. So I'll go up to the host of stand and be like, reservation for Shannon Murphy. She's like, I'm like, okay, reservation for Shannon Whitlam, my married name. They're like no, I'm like, oh god, I haven't changed the name. Okay, reservation for And then I use my previous married name, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, oh god. She probably thinks some.
Speaker 5: Weirdo that I have all these names that I'm using.
Speaker 2: Actually they think that you're just trying to use other people's names.
Speaker 4: I did it so embarrassing. Please change it, Canvas.
Speaker 2: What happened to you.
Speaker 6: What happened to me was this is not a reservation, But when Taylor Swift came to Detroit, I spent all my tax money on buying it. For my kids and took my kids down there for this Saturday night concert that I thought I bought tickets for. Fine to find out that I actually bought tickets for the Friday nights.
Speaker 4: Oh that is the worst you win, because that's a lot of money.
Speaker 6: My entire life.
Speaker 1: Wow of money.
Speaker 4: I did you cry? I would have cried.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I cried. My kids cried. Thank goodness, there was merch outside. I said, just go buy whatever you want. I felt so mad.
Speaker 2: Man, Chelsea, what's the worst?
Speaker 1: Chelsea just texted me this is the second number on this to you, Candace, You're you take the cake. The next one was, she goes, do you remember when we went to the airport with my mom to have her fly home to Arizona, only to find out that her ticket was for the day before. No, yeah, miss, that's the That was a bad one too. So Candace, marry my mother in law and then me, uh, hold on a second, Brian, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Not much so.
Speaker 7: I Over the summer, I had gotten a bunch of buddies together and we were going to go golfing on a Sunday, and I got online. I booked the tea time all the rest of it. We show up Sunday and the guy looked at us and said, you guys were supposed to be here yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus.
Speaker 5: I ended up.
Speaker 7: I ended up having to come out of pocket and pay for three other people to golf because.
Speaker 1: We were so And the guys never let you live it down right, They're they're getting no.
Speaker 3: Not at all. We were.
Speaker 7: We were forty five minutes later than we should have been, and it was all my fault I to be.
Speaker 1: The reservation person. I hate the person that has to be, you know, getting everybody together.
Speaker 2: Leslie. What's up?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 8: I had a reservation for my girlfriend sixtieth birthday at Carl's cabin and there was six of us and the reservation I thought was for Saturday at seven o'clock, but it was for the following Saturday, and they would not accommodate us whatsoever.
Speaker 2: We end up going to Red Robins.
Speaker 4: So much better than.
Speaker 2: Carl Carls and bottoms. Yeah. By the way, I quick question for you. Can you get drunk at Red Robin You can? Can't you?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah you can.
Speaker 8: Yes, they have a full bar, yes they do.
Speaker 2: Come on, let me let me hear you red Robin.
Speaker 9: Robin ohen no, no, no, no, Red Robin Yum, there you go.
Speaker 2: What was it? What was the other part you're going to say? First time launchime.
Speaker 1: We love you, Leslie, thank you, take care of yourself, thank you, I love you. Oh my god, Jim drove all the way to Niagara Falls.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: So it's my wife's birthday. I bought her Doctor Phil tickets because she loves Doctor Phil. And it was supposed to be in Detroit. It got canceled multiple times and they switched it to Niagara Falls. So we scheduled go with Niagara Falls and have a nice weekend. It was in the winter, got a hotel Falls Front Falls View Beautiful, went to the casino the night before, ate dinner, wake up the morning of. I was trying to get a horse and carriage to take us to the show, and come to find out, they canceled it again. They sent us an email suposed Lee, I never got it and we're a Niagara fault.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. What's your wife's name. My wife's name is JANEH.
Speaker 3: She just had a birthday yesterday.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, and screw you doctor Phil. Yeah, I know, we're gonna push you off the falls.
Speaker 3: Uh we still had a good time. Beautiful view everything with frozen.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you for the call. Appreciate you. Take care, take care of yourself. Oh then very bad. I gotta go to you fast and very bad.
Speaker 4: So my brother knows how much I love Lames.
Speaker 2: My sister in law, I've never seen it. My niece was like fifteen years old.
Speaker 9: So for Christmas, he bought all of us tickets to go see Lams downtown.
Speaker 6: Took us to I think it's Giovanni's in Detroit.
Speaker 4: It's really nice Italian restaurant.
Speaker 2: Love it was so delicious.
Speaker 4: We're all dressed up, we're all excited.
Speaker 9: Only like as we're eating dinner, he looks up the ticket and realizes that they were for the night before.
Speaker 5: Oh did you guys start slamming wine?
Speaker 6: We were so disappointed.
Speaker 2: So this is like the most expensive I've ever had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, that's crazy. Yeah that's La Donna went to Paris, So La Donna no, yeah, all the way.
Speaker 9: To Paris and I bought tickets and I thought the tickets were for Tuesday, but they were for Wednesday. And I found out that morning when it said.
Speaker 3: My tickets expired.
Speaker 2: What was it about? All new tickets for the airline tickets? What kind of tickets right?
Speaker 9: Oh they were for to get into Disney.
Speaker 2: Oh Disney.
Speaker 4: Oh those are not ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I had to buy all new tickets because and I couldn't tell the kids that the tickets expired. I just had to make it happen.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is crazy. See that being in Niagara and oh my god, hit the button place