Speaker 1: And you have cats walking in front of your screen and dogs, where are you living in Nazi Germany? Putts and the cattle. Tell the kids to be quiet and make some butter popcorn at home. And another pro the popcorn. He just made a good point. It's hard for people to make it at home because you're making it wrong. You need to make it with coconut oil and salt in the oil when the popcorns pop. You'd be surprised to hear this, but the best tasting popcorn actually doesn't have real butter. It's a mixture. That's what I would do. And the food. The food's expensive. For pizza thirty dollars. You can make a pizza at home with what you like. Not a fifteen year old as his life making your pizza was washing his hands. I am a germapholl, so working at a theater was tough for me.
Speaker 2: Tweet.
Speaker 1: I love the theater industry. The theaters only make a dollar a ticket anyways, so you're better off being at home. You can watch it in three months. And if people say, oh, they want to see previews, even previews on Reddit, TikTok, Facebook six months before they even release them. In the theaters because everyone's leaking stuff.
Speaker 2: So he's right, and he's right.
Speaker 1: I saved, stay home, save your money. You can have thirty people in your house and you can drink.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what came with you. Seriously, if you worked that hard at your regular job, TJ, you would be a millionaire.
Speaker 1: Hey, I do.
Speaker 3: Now, he said, I got the receivers. DJ.
Speaker 2: You're awesome man. We love you. We love you, buddy.
Speaker 3: Have a good weekend. TJ was one of our best ones.
Speaker 4: You guys came with notes.
Speaker 2: Thank Paul, Thank you TJ. That was awesome. All Right, we'll do if you got any ideas for another pro and con. We were always open ideas. Pro this, pro that, pro whatever, pro pro back of the plane, pro front of the plane, pro aisle, pro window. Maybe we do pro ile and pro window. Write it down, Jenny, Oh, I.
Speaker 5: Do like that one, Dave. I just have a quick question though. You said that you were fully on Paul's side there because you love to go to the movie theater. But did TJ kind of convince you a little bit the other way?
Speaker 2: He I don't say he would convince me, but I respect his opinion. I mean, he's definitely got some good points. I just a theater is an outing, and it's like, it's good to go. You know, what'd you do this weekend? Are you gonna bring up that you sat home and watched a Netflix movie or you're gonna say, yeah, I went to Eden Prairie Theater. We watched that new movie and then in Imax and head it was great. So one is an outing, and I love going on an outing. You know me, I love an outing.
Speaker 5: You did outing, especially an outing that doesn't involve you having to talk to anyone else, like you can just be in the movie theater by yourself and watch a movie.
Speaker 2: Very true. All Right, we're gonna do get Conan Graat tickets for you. We're gonna do those coming up in a second, but right now, let's do Jenny, you've been on Reddit. On Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 5: All right, we're gonna talk about skills that only take a couple of weeks to learn, but it could genuinely like change your life somehow. Okay, so take notes if you're like looking for some life changing skills. The first one might not change your life, but it could help save someone else, which is first aid. Like imagine being the person who knows how to do CPR. I mean, I took a babysitting class when I was like nine. I don't remember anything from it.
Speaker 6: The only thing I remember from that class is how to give a baby CPR?
Speaker 5: See and I don't remember that.
Speaker 4: But your whole mouth over their mouth and their nose?
Speaker 5: What is the dave? What is the pushing on the chest song? Staying a lot?
Speaker 4: Staying a lot?
Speaker 5: And then didn't they say baby sharks the new one too?
Speaker 3: Baby baby?
Speaker 6: That is hard to do. We had to take a CPR class, like at my last job.
Speaker 5: Very difficult, all right, skills that only take a couple of weeks to learn, but they could be life changing if you work at a large company, learn everything about Excel or some sort of data data visualization Jesus software. People will think you are a genius and honestly, your life will be much easier if you do know the ins and outs and the shortcuts of Excel, if that's something that you have to work with every day. Another one is budgeting. Make sure you know where your hard earned cash really goes to. I think there's someone on the show we're trying to get to be better at budgeting.
Speaker 3: Who likes to bush.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about life skills that will change your life, And I said budgeting, which Vaunt is working on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Someone else said, you could become decently skilled at cooking in just a month if you tunnel focus on it, and then from there you can take control of like a lot of other things. They claim because you're good at cooking. I don't really know where they get that information, but there you go. Another one is if you can learn to type properly in just a few weeks, that really will help you find a lot of different jobs, because think of how many jobs out there. I mean, I think that that's a skill that we all get taught in school.
Speaker 4: Now, you know, I think you get taught Voon. Did you take typing class?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 3: I am a beast at typing. Shout out mister Jones, my ninth grade typing teacher. Yeah he's just an older guy.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you did have to take a class and we had to take a type Are you using the typewriter back.
Speaker 2: Then or literally used a typewriter? Yes, And that the kids that got to the class first would get the electric typewriters with an electric return. And he got there late like your boy Dave, you had the manual return. You had to lift your left hand up and go zoop back over right side.
Speaker 3: My teacher, my typing teacher, didn't. He said to me. He was like, you are just way too fast for me because I was just type type type away faster than him.
Speaker 4: Wonderful they still have typing class.
Speaker 3: Go on, Jenny.
Speaker 2: Okay, I might call it keyboarding, but sure someone.
Speaker 5: Said learning piano chords in case you ever end up in an old booby trapped cave and you need to play a bone organ to escape. That's quite extreme. But one thing I will say is I started taking piano lessons. My mom got me into them when I was probably like seven or eight. And I remember music class being pretty hard for me until I started taking piano lessons and then I just learned chords and how to read music and all of that stuff. But music was really hard because they don't really teach.
Speaker 4: You that stuff in music class. Ye, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean kill a triangle though, bing I'm off the beat?
Speaker 5: Am I supposed to be on the twos and fours or ones and threes? So it's seven seven seven, okay, all right, all right, one last thing. These are life skills that can change your life pretty drastically that you can learn within a couple of weeks, and it's working out. It really is like pretty easy to learn how to like do the right working out. I think a lot of people just like hop on a treadmill or hop on an elliptical and think that that's working out. But in reality, Dave knows this. He works out at SNAP. Strength training is like what you really need to incorporate into your life, and that can change your life because then you can grow older and not be sore by the time you're fifty, just from walking up and downstairs. So it really can change your life by learning.
Speaker 2: How it's really we are moving and it's coming so handy lifting heavy things. Like there's a safe, a literal safe that was in our basement and it's been in the basement for years and I said, okay, well I got to move it, and I lifted it out, I carried out the stairs and Susan's like, you carried that. I thought we'd have to have the movers do that, and I'm like, yeah, you know, working out a lot over it Snap. Another moving story, I told it this last week was there was a couple of guys came over to get a couch that we put on Marketplace, and a couple of guys, one was twenty twenty five and one was about twenty. The twenty year old was really struggling with his end of the couch. I said, I got this going to step in yep, and I to handle it no problem because Snap Fitness shout out, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: I was at a girlfriend's birthday party this past summer and as a joke, some of her friends gave her like two pounds and five pound weights because she practically broke her wrist from like she never works out. She's one of those naturally beautiful skinny women I know, and so she almost broke her wrist from just like helping lift something that shouldn't have done anything to her. So they're like, you need to like lift some weights, lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with your legs, by the way, with your back, practice your squats. Good to squat, keep your chest up, keep your chest up. Squat, keep your chest up.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'll squat better if you just yell squat at me.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: Squat Bailey, squat Okay, lower Bailey Lower can't. Let's give away Conan Gray tickets shows coming to Target Center coming up February nineteenth. If you want to go see Cony and Gray, we'd love to get you there. If you don't know who Cony Gray is, that's okay, kind of a new newer artist but big enough to sell out to play Target Center. Play a little clip there, Go ahead, if you want to go, just grab your phone and we'll take a random number caller at six five one nine eight nine k d w B and randomly but to spin the wheel of songs. Here, spin the wheel of songs and see whatever comes up. Let's play. Do we have time to play a song?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 5: Here it is man, I need it. Dave Olivia, Dean.
Speaker 2: Dave Ryan Show on one on one point three kd WBH. We all have a friend that believes something dumb, whether it's Kim Trail's or some weird nine to eleven conspiracy or whatever I was talking. You know Carson, my boy, he's in Hollywood right now. He just got another manager job, and I'll tell you about that another time. But he was home a couple of weeks ago and he had a leftover burger from Hell's kitchen and he's like, I'm gonna warm up that burger. I'm like, oh, okay, but turns the oven on and I'm like not in the microwaves, Like oh no, microwaves have radiation. They can kill you. And I'm like, no, boy, here we go. So it's like, okay, use all the electricity to warm the oven up and whatever. And I'm like, I didn't try to convince him, Just let him have his dumb belief that microwave ovens, you know, have radiation and it can kill you. I don't think that's true, or we would have heard about it by now. What dumb belief does your friend have? Send me a text or use the talkback because we'd love to hear your voice. Just open up the talkback feature in the iHeartRadio app the red microphone, or send me a text and be like, my dad believes that there is a bigfoot in a Noka, Minnesota because he's seen it himself. Whatever Bailey is seeing a unicorn, that's rare, Yeah, that's real. What dumb belief does your friend have? Let us know? Text us katiewb one or use the talkback feature and we'll play when we come back. Ah. We love our friends, we love our relatives, but sometimes we're like, what did you say? Uh? What does your friend believe? Your friend believe? That's dumb that that you're like, Okay. For example, Carson believes that microwaves will kill you because of the radiation. We'll go into your food, and radiation, as we all know, causes cancer. A text message says radiation or microwaves actually do have radiation, yes, but it's a different kind of radiation than X rays, for example, and a much lower frequency, so it's safe for your home. But it does say don't put your face up to the microwave to look at your pot pie in there, because it's just safer that way.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 2: Right, here's one. My dad has become a conspiracy theorist, and his latest added belief is there are children chopped up children in fast food in fast food, jumped up children in fast food.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, No.
Speaker 2: Another one. Let's see, my dad believes in dog Man. A dog man creature is a popular North American cryptid. Most famous is the Michigan dog Man, a wolf headed humanoid with a human torso seven feet ten.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you guys have any does daily.
Speaker 4: How do you guys, Well, I like this text that we just got in.
Speaker 6: This is one of the wildest things I've ever heard in my thirty nine years of life. My best friend came home from her trip to Vietnam and she was showing her niece who's thirteen photos of her trip, and her niece was giving her the most bewildered face and then said, isn't Vietnam black and white?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: She literally thought an entire country was black and white because of the old black and white movies she saw.
Speaker 3: Not gonna lie, I asked my fourth grade teacher once. I said, well, what was it like when the world turned color?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Did you just wake up one day?
Speaker 8: You did?
Speaker 3: Not that stupid, I asked mister Coleman, my fourth grade teacher, because he was like, yeah, things used to be in black and white, like on TV shows and movies. I thought the world was like that, and he looked at me like I was an idiot, because I was, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 6: I am the friend who believes something stupid because you guys make fun of me all the time. But I did, with my bare naked eyes see a unicorn in Wisconsin when I was fifteen and then again when I was twenty. I've seen two of them in Wisconsin, and I think you have to be a little bit one with the Lord, a little bit one with the magic of the universe in order to have a unicorn revealed to you. And Hi, and no, that's a big parton none of you have that magic within you, and I do.
Speaker 4: So I've seen a unicorn. I stand ten toes down.
Speaker 3: I believe in that.
Speaker 6: Belief thinks, Okay, enough enough, I will continue talking now.
Speaker 3: I believe that Stevie Wonder isn't really blind.
Speaker 2: Which is funny because I know you maybe ten percent really believe that, which is kind of funny. Somebody said birds are spying. Birds are not real, and I think it was one of Bailey. You said your friends birds are not real.
Speaker 4: I have a friend I don't.
Speaker 6: Also, I'm not sure if she thinks that it's like kind of a joke, like a bit, but she'll say it a lot, so I think that there's a little truth to it. But she says that birds are like government agents, they're little like robots. Because she said, have you ever seen especially pigeons, She's like, have you ever seen a baby pigeon. No, you haven't seen a baby pigeon because they're robots.
Speaker 4: Birds aren't real.
Speaker 3: We have a ton of talkbacks of people and the things that they either they or their dumb friends believe.
Speaker 2: Good morning guys, John.
Speaker 7: I had a friend that was so did see she thought stop signs with the white line around it were optional. Yeah, until getting pulled over and telling the cop that he thought he thought that she was lying, but truly thought a white line around a step side meant it's optional to stop.
Speaker 2: I've heard people with that believe that's funny. All right, here's another talkback.
Speaker 9: So you know how sometimes when you're cleaning the car, you find loose change, a few pennies, you know, maybe nickel, and you just want to get rid of it, so you throw it away. Well, my husband believes that if you throw away any penny or nickel or anything, that you will be telling the universe that you don't appreciate money, and therefore it will make you less money in the future because you threw away a penny.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, yea with money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't disagree. I don't disagree with like that specifically, but I pick up every penny when when they moved their moving the offices and the remember the old arcade machine that sat in the kitchen, you guys, Yeah, yeah, they moved it and there was a penny behind it that had probably been there for years. Your boy Dave Ryan picked up that penny because I said, I am now a penny richer than I was this morning when I woke up. It's a penny, but it's a symbolic of like, appreciate things and don't just look at it. Like I remember Steve Lettart loved that kid, but he had a handful of pennies in his hand, like he fished them out of his pocket and he threw him in the trash. No, and I'm like, it was like twenty five pennies. He's like, nobody wants a penny. And I'm like, dude, take that.
Speaker 3: Take that.
Speaker 2: It's free money, all right. Here's another one. In twenty twenty, my dad, this is a text message. In twenty twenty, my dad watched a YouTube video. Then he believed that five G phone service caused COVID. He claimed it caused your blood cells to stop spinning. Then you slowly get COVID. My jaw just dropped from the stupidity, it says brit That was a theory back then. It was a very short lived theory that five g sells phone towers caused COVID. Oh yeah, bomberously not true.
Speaker 4: This Texas.
Speaker 6: My friend thought Hawaii could sink because it is just floating.
Speaker 3: Okay, talk is hilarious. What a dumb thing that you were somebody that you believed as a kid, that as the kid, just did you believe?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Eta again from Wisconsin over here. In first grade, I was completely convinced that I saw Leprechaun on the school playground, followed him all over the school playground, looking through fences and stuff. Second grade, I went to a new school and told them all about this Lepercaun that I was absolutely convinced that I saw. I'm sure they thought I was completely nuts.
Speaker 4: I believe you. You saw it, you followed it.
Speaker 3: Some fools that get high together. No, that's real life.
Speaker 6: I always I always think that, you know, like in movies when someone time travels or whatever, and they'll come up to someone and they'll be like, you don't understand I'm from the future, and the person is like.
Speaker 4: No, you're you're crazy. We're gonna have to put you away because you're crazy.
Speaker 6: I always think if someone came up to me and they were like, Bailey, I'm from the future, I would be like, tell me more, tell me more about the future.
Speaker 5: I'd be scared.
Speaker 4: I would be scared, but I would believe them. Probably. You never know. You gotta believe people, y'all.
Speaker 2: You gotta believe everything everybody says. I told you, Oh, I told you that kem trails are real. It's the government trying to poison us. And when you see your an airplane flying through the sky and there's a trail behind it they're spraying chemicals.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a negative belief.
Speaker 2: There are people who actually there are people who actually believe that it is just Okay, we had to take a break. We'll come back in a second with you can't make this stuff up? On KATWB, what is a phrase that people use these days that irritates you? For example, my truth? Or I did a thing and we got a whole bunch of these phrases coming up next on KTWB. Hey, we were doing this a minute ago and it was kind of fine. It was like, what is the dumb belief that your friend has and you're like, oh my god, are you're Siria. We had a couple of more talkbacks that we wanted to play back. Here we go, Hi, everybody.
Speaker 11: I was a full grown adult. I told my young daughter that whala corns weren't real. She came home from school and told me they are real. They're a nor wall. I felt so stupid. I googled it and she was correct.
Speaker 4: I have a great day, by what corn?
Speaker 3: Because a narwall is looks like a whale with a hold horn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wait, walls are real. Yeah, you didn't know nar walls were real? Today? If wall is real, a unicorn is real.
Speaker 5: It literally looks like a unicorn whale and has a horn.
Speaker 4: It's a huge horn too.
Speaker 5: But I thought it was just in story books or something was real.
Speaker 2: All right, another talkback.
Speaker 12: So my mom is absolutely obsessed with UFOs or aliens. She was over the other day and she was looking out the window and there was this light, you ball, whatever whatever it was, and she was talking to it, telling you to come here, come here. And my two year old son, Now, my son looks out a blank window and we'll say hi, and it creeps me out.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 8: Another one, my conspiracy is that plastic straws are the worst thing in the ocean right now, that are killing all the animals and stuff like that. I think it's another scam for to get people to buy reusable straws. From lots of research and documentaries, I've seen that netting by the fishermen is actually the worst thing for our oceans and for our animals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true because nets get lost and nets get like you know, I mean, all the nets they used, they get lost and then fish get tangled in them, because that's what they are. I think we have one more talking.
Speaker 3: I used to be a high school teacher, and the amount of kids that thought chocolate milk came from brown cows. Wow.
Speaker 5: I mean I believe that when I was young. I definitely believe that.
Speaker 2: When you're five, it's something your mom will tell you that. It's like, oh yeah, Jenny believes that. But when you're fifteen, come on, now, come on, all right, let's get you uh, let's do you can't make this stuff up? On k KD WB.
Speaker 7: Four.
Speaker 2: What is the phrase that people use these days that irritates you? This one came into the number one answer. My truth. My truth is well, people tend to use that a lot, and I understand what you're saying is kind of like, well, my side of the story is. But it's like there's really only one truth. You know. There's your truth, there's my truth, and there's the actual truth. So my truth another one that gives me the ick. Yeah, use that a lot.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves saying that one.
Speaker 2: I did a thing. Friend of mine got her hair cut off real short last week and she's like, I did a thing.
Speaker 4: Bothers me.
Speaker 6: When it's like someone who gets engaged, they'll be like, I did a thing, which is a picture of their hand.
Speaker 4: Can't you just like tell me what you did? Oh did you get engaged?
Speaker 6: To say I got engaged and I'm so thrilled, But like, I did a thing.
Speaker 2: It's giving Bailey, it's giving chili, it's giving spicy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I say Bailey, and that quite actually giving.
Speaker 4: Hater aid.
Speaker 2: I like that one. Not gonna lie. I just came around a long time. Yeah, I think we all say that. That's kind of like, you know, I'm not gonna lie. That was so good. Donut boy mom and girl dad.
Speaker 6: Yes, I agree with that one, just because you're you're a mom. You're a dad, Like, why do you have to be a boy mom and a boy.
Speaker 3: A bunch of boys or a bunch of girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, but you're still a dad, you're still a mom.
Speaker 2: Well, here comes somebody who's not a parent telling parents how to think. We always appreciate that, Bailey weighing in, I appreciate your you know, sounding off.
Speaker 4: All right, Dave, I'll just never speak again.
Speaker 3: It's giving hater.
Speaker 2: No, I I boy mom and girl dad was not a thing when when my kids were little, but I was very proud of being a girl dad. Allison was my she was my buddy up until she was about twelve and then puberty hit.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, now it's not cool to hang out with that anymore.
Speaker 2: I could care less. No, no, no, it's I couldn't care less. Yeah. Yes, we're like family here. Yeah, the Manson family. No you're not. No, there's go ahead.
Speaker 6: The gen Zs say a lot where they say I fear, so they'll be like, I fear we've lost the plot, or I fear something something. They'll they'll say I fear before everything, or they'll be like I fear we lost lost the plot. Hope this helps and they'll say, hope this helps to be like snotty.
Speaker 4: It's like a snotty thing that the gen z say.
Speaker 2: That reminds me of another one. Educate yourself. It's like, if you don't agree with me exactly, you need to educate yourself. Oh yes, nine to eleven was an inside job. No, it wasn't. It was terrorism. Oh, you need to educate yourself. Oh yeah, yeah all the time. Let's go.
Speaker 4: I love that. I like saying that too, Let's go. I say it as a bit though.
Speaker 5: It's like if I win a game, I'm like, let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's school. It makes me feel like a man.
Speaker 2: Chicken nuggies, Chicken Tendy's, let's roll with any other babyfication of English chicken nuggies. Oh what do you have? Chicken nuggies? Oh, chicken Tendy's. Stop it and last one unless you've got one. I love to hear yours if you got one. I'm in my blank era, I'm in my nineteen fifties era. I'm in my blonde era. I'm in my whatever era. Is another annoying one.
Speaker 5: Okay, Taylor, Yeah, I feel like that's sprung fair Taylor since she did the Era's tour.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you think she's the one that started that?
Speaker 5: I'm in my and I think it's funny because like a lot of friends, like for instance, Tina that used to work on the show, she relates to Taylor because she's like, hmm, just like Taylor, I'm in my engaged era or whatever like that.
Speaker 2: I love it. All right, We do you have any let us know? Send me a text. The text is always open at KDWB one. That's the short code. If you're new here five three nine to two one. Go look at my Instagram story because I was on the phone facetiming with my dog Bernie last night and I'm like Bernie, hi, buddy, and he recognized my voice and he tilted his head to one side and I screenshot at it and it's adorable. Go check that out. Also follow him online the Bernie Tails tail as the Bernie Tails and Von's dogg has got a page too, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's Ava, Girly. We just supposed to a picture this morning. She had a little puppy played a and Ava. She's weird around certain dogs, like she's a good puppy overall, but she's better I think in the house with puppies because she's like, all right, I'm in the house, I can't go crazy as opposed to when we're out. She loves playing. Sometimes she just gets a little too rough. She's not a biter at all, but she'll just you know, sometimes she has to learn social cues.
Speaker 2: They can be unpredictable because Bernie is like he is the sweetest dog around the grandkids. They can lay on him, they can pull his ears, they can turn him over whatever. But he gets around another dog and he gets He is unpredictable. Sometimes he's happy and other times I get a hold him back while he barks violently in another dog and he's on his hind legs pulling on the leash. It's like, whoa, I real quick.
Speaker 5: That picture that bomb postage is so cute because it's like another little golden puppy ish and they look adorable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never had the greatest plated of her life her Instagram at it's Ava Girley. Also, we just sent a DNA test. Dave inspired me because he got Bernie a DNA test a couple months back because he wanted to figure out exactly what Bernie was. I got an email yesterday that Ava's DNA results are processing. So in the next week, maybe two, we gonna find out what my Ava.
Speaker 2: Girl is that. That's because you're really not sure.
Speaker 3: Now, we fostered, we adopted her from a foster we were originally foster parents, and they said some type of coon hound mixed. But I want to know what that means.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, what is that?
Speaker 2: All right? We'll be back in a second. Dave's Dirt coming up in just a minute. We're gonna cover everything that's going on, including things to do this weekend. There's like the RV camping show this weekend and a whole bunch more this weekend. We'll cover that on Dave's Dirt next on KDWB. Hey, by the way, I got to think the LEO Agency, because they sponsor. You can't make this stuff up. Every time you hear it it is because of a grant. Yes, a grant. I canna start using that term. This bit is made possible by a grant from the LEO Agency.
Speaker 5: That sounds grandy.
Speaker 2: A grant from the LEO Agency. Tell me what the LEO Agency is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would love to.
Speaker 5: They're expert realtors in Minnesota and they're kind of changing the real estate game because they are doing half price commissions. So you can check them out on the Leoagency dot com and I'll love them. Call Ben, give them a call today. I mean, I know Bailey's in the market to get a house. Lots of beard shopping right now. Spring Market's kicking off, so give them a call.
Speaker 2: Okay, brought to you by the Leo Agency. Let's do the dirt on KDWB. It's a third wheel to any celebrity couple.
Speaker 5: We just need an invite. Dave's dirt on Katie w B.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sabrina Carpenter makes the dirt today because this kind of comes up again. Sabrina Carpenter's aunt is the voice of Bart Simpson. You might have known that when Nancy Cartwright explained they're not blood relatives. Sabrina's dad is her step brother, so there's been some nepotism claims that Nancy Cartwright got her into show business, blah blah blah. She remembers that when Sabrina was just six years old, she said I want to be on a Disney Channel show, and unlike a six year old vont leak, she actually made that dream and.
Speaker 3: I will punch you.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: She I thought I was going to be a next Disney Channel kid. I'm telling you, man, there's still time. Aunt.
Speaker 5: You still look way up.
Speaker 3: No Disney Channels does not pop in like I used to be. They don't want you. Maybe they'd survive if they would have casted me.
Speaker 2: Who wow, because they made a mistake in casting Sabrina Carpenter right.
Speaker 5: Brooking stake Well, Kelly Clarkson had a shark named after her. A wife and hausband have written a children's book about the value of sharks and the ecosystem, so they went on a big research expedition to tag sharks and stuff. But one of them got tagged and named Kelly Sharkson.
Speaker 11: Cute.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 6: I'm really excited about this story because Jude Law and Andrew Garfield are going to be starring in a new series about Siegfried and Roy the Magician.
Speaker 2: Oh that soundst story is so interesting. I read a book about Siegfried and Roy. It's so interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So their upcoming series is called Wild Things, and they were photographed recently in Las Vegas dressed up as Sigfried and Roy for this series, which will be on Apple TV, and it's based on the podcast Wild Things Sigfried and Roy, so it'll chronicle the duo's rise to fame. And they look I mean especially Jude Law. He looks so much like the guy he's portraying.
Speaker 3: So uh, let's see.
Speaker 6: Uh Garfield is Roy and so Andrew Garfield's Roy and jud Law is Sigfreed. K.
Speaker 4: So that seems exciting. Dave will have to watch it.
Speaker 2: I love seriously, they were so interesting. They were like the the most over the top loss of vegacy kind of an act. And I saw him probably half a dozen times and they were always just amazing, just amazing. So, and their backstory is really fascinating.
Speaker 3: Yes, get excited. March six, after are nearly four years, Harry Styles has a new album coming out. He revealed the title. It's called and it's the long title. It's called Kiss All the Time, Disco Occasionally Love. He posted the album artwork and then there's gonna be twelve songs on the album. There's a bunch of stuff in his store, such as like vinyls and cassettes and T shirts and low key high key. I'm a big Harry Styles fan, so I'm excited. Also, while we're on the subject of things that I'm a fan of, your boy got his Bruno Mars tickets. Thank you for everybody, for you, everybody on my Instagram. I was on my story trying to, you know, show the process of getting in the Q in the wait list or whatever. I got tickets, and I think the relatively good tickets didn't entirely break the bank. So we'll be jamming out to all Bruno's love songs, ballads, funky tunes together.
Speaker 6: May thirteen, did you hear that he set a ticket Master record for most tickets sold.
Speaker 3: In a day I did, which is crazy. It's crazy because I mean, Bruno Mar's iconic. But a lot of people that did the presale were complaining because the ticket prices were apparently outrageous.
Speaker 4: For pre sale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh wow, dang, like three hundred level seats for thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: Across the Oh, that's crazy. Okay, you're excited about Bruno Mars. I'm excited about NFL playoff divisional rounds this weekend. Tomorrow afternoon Bill's at Broncos. Also tomorrow night, forty nine Ers at Seahawks. It looks like on Sunday, the Texans play the Patriots at about I think noon, I want to say. And then also on Sunday later game is Rams at Bears, so I will be parked in front of the TV and I'm gonna make a crockpot chicken and dumplings for slow cooker Sunday. So yes, very much looking forward to it.
Speaker 5: Well, Hailey Steinfeld is actually married to Josh Allen, who is the quarterback for the Buffalo Bills, and she did that whole twenty sixteen meme which we did to you can check it out on our Dave Ryan Show, which was so funny because every comments about how vont is a baby.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: If you don't know what the trend is, it's basically we heard twenty twenty six is the new twenty sixteen. So it's just flashbacks to photos of twenty sixteen. And Hailey was nineteen at the time, and she had cheered for the Denver Broncos at the Super Bowl and posted a photo at the stadium where she was wearing a Broncos jersey all that good stuff and said, hell yeah, Broncos. But like Dave just said, this Saturday, the Broncos host her husband's NFL team, the Buffalo Bills, And so Haley and Josh got married about eight months ago and she is currently pregnant and due during the off season.
Speaker 2: So there you kind of remember when she came to Star party when she was just like she was young, like eighteen or something like that, and we played a game with her where she had to like I don't know if we said we had a box of chocolates and we said, predict which chocolate is witch, and she was a good sport about it. You know, DJ's doing a dumb, stupid stunt like you're a good stone for you, and she was a very good sport about it. So very cool.
Speaker 6: Person not a good sport is Ashley Tisdale, who is now being encouraged to expand her toxic mom group Dilemma or debacle into a full blown book. So this will be a burned book with pages for the mean girls that she's talking about, Hillary Duff, Meghan Trainor, and Mandy Moore. And apparently Hollywood movie producers have already approached her for the movie rights to this story, saying that there's lots of interest and it's relatable to everyone, so maybe we'll get a movie out of the Toxic Mom group debacle that we've been talking about for like a week.
Speaker 3: Let's get some audio go in. I want to play this new Dolly Parton song. Now, there's a bunch of features on it, but I think every feature's iconic. It's Dolly Parton with Lady Wilson, Miley Cyrus, read but My Attire, and Queen Latifa. A new one called Light of a Clear Blue Morning.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 6: Kay, Well, there's a lot going on there.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you like country, yeah, you'll probably like that.
Speaker 3: But I likes it. It was giving Dolly Parties country version of like a Man in the Mirror type ballad.
Speaker 4: I think there were too many people singing all at once, and.
Speaker 5: It just feels like a song you only hear at some huge charity event, like.
Speaker 3: In the Mirror.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 3: We are the World? We Are? That's what I'm thinking of that Man in the Mirror. We are the World?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: And what was that for?
Speaker 2: Dave?
Speaker 5: We Are the World was done?
Speaker 2: Produced for what it was in nineteen eighty five, and it was for African famine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, So that's what that song is giving. It's giving, like we're all gathering to raise millions of dollars for a charity choice we made.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll do one more new song. By the way, we had an album released party last night from Madison Beer on KATWB. She's got a new album out and this song is called bad Enough.
Speaker 6: Like It.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, things going on this weekend. It is take a kid ice Fishing Weekend. That means you can take a kid fifteen years old or younger have no fishing license. I think that they can go for free with You can also go free with your taking a kid that's younger, So that is a great opportunity to get outside, share the fun of ice fishing with the next generation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and bundle up. It's about to get cold.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's it going to be this week.
Speaker 5: It's like a high of nine tomorrow, So today is supposed to like start to drop this afternoon, but yeah, tomorrow is like a high of nine.
Speaker 2: Quick other review of things World Snow Celebration and Still Water with the World Snow Sculpting Championships, that's this weekend.
Speaker 5: I think Fond and I both went to that last year. Sorry to cut you off, day, but it was really fun. The snow sculpting and still Water Oh yes, Yes, it's super cool.
Speaker 3: Because there's people that come from just all over the country, maybe the world.
Speaker 5: It's different countries. Everyone is a different country.
Speaker 2: Saint Paul RV Super Show is at the River Center this weekend. Minnesota Sportsman Show is at Canterbury Park, so Vikings Lakes Ice Festival in Egan. That is ice sculptures and just very cool. Let's see some other big ones here. Art Sled Rally is at powder Horn Park.
Speaker 4: I want is so goofy.
Speaker 6: I have always wanted to go to that one because it's like homemade cardboard sleds and they're all like super weird Nazi.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: What else? Mill City Farmers Market is this weekend Minnesota roller Derby saw that once. It was super cool. Roy Wilkins Auditorium that is tomorrow, doors at five, Game one starts at six, and then we have the fortieth Annuel Martin Luther King Day celebration that is Monday at the Ordway in Saint Paul. Gopher Men's hockey host Michigan this weekend Ice Box Days and International Falls. It is the coldest time of the year and they celebrate that up in International Falls. Spicer Winterfest is this weekend in Bold and Cold Winter Festival and beautiful o Watana is going on this weekend. Well, and that is the dirt for now. On KDWB. On the Day, Ryan in the Morning show, what's coming up. We're not done yet. We got another magical hour and we're basically We've got Conan Gray tickets, We've got the thousand dollars, pay your bills, we've got the Friday Morning Dance Party and more coming up next on KDWB