Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the Morning show. Congratulations to anybody that got engaged. Does it really matter though what the ring is and has got a story behind this?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: So some of my mutuals are getting engaged, especially around the holidays. I had a couple friends get engaged and one of the rings was like the most gorgeous ring that I ever saw. So I sent it to my best friend group chat and I was like, look at this ring, like if I'm ever in a position where I want to get married, And a guy asked, you tell him I want this ring and my friends were like, no, you don't. We heard that's a lab grown diamond. I'm like, a lab grown diamond? What's wrong with that? And they're like, it's not the same thing. It's not the same thing. And they were just basically giving this girl crap because her ring was not a real diamond. But is lab grown not real? Like, I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Moist night, No, it's not even that night. So it used to be, you know, people would always go, is that a cubic?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: And they would because that was like that was a pubic pubic, not a pubic, but it was like fake but a lab grown is an actual thing that's worth It's worth money.
Speaker 2: It's actually worth money, but it's the price difference.
Speaker 5: We did so much research on this, and so to my understanding, and I feel like we should call Franny Lucido because she could probably describe this better than me. A lab diamond is a diamond. It is just not made by God, right, it's not it's natural, but it is still a diamond. It is not a c z or moist snizing.
Speaker 3: Are they a lot cheaper?
Speaker 2: Like what's the there thinks?
Speaker 1: So they're still worth money though they're still worth decent money. They still cost money.
Speaker 5: But for people who say it's not a diamond, it is still a diamond. It's just not a from the earth diamond. It's how it's described.
Speaker 2: So you brought this up real quick.
Speaker 1: You brought this up and Lydia and you were having a conversation on this one. Lydia, I want to ask you a question. Okay, if you should have get to a ring from that good looking man, Andy gas station guy, and he got you a lab grown, would you be upset? No, not at all, you would not be upset. Okay, good I thought you. I thought you were gonna say yes, Bianca, would you want a lab grown or a real groan?
Speaker 2: Man, I don't even care. I'm so clumsy, I'm going to break the ring regardless.
Speaker 1: Honestly, actually you need like one of those remember the candy back in the day that the ring podcast tattoo. I just wanted to know what people think about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some people feel like if you get me a fake diamond, then you don't real quote unquote really loved me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not fake though.
Speaker 2: They said this is not from the earth is fake.
Speaker 4: We went through this when when I was looking for rings with Sharill, we were having this conversation about do you want a lab grown or moisten ight or real diamond because you're paying a lot of money for I guess just a symbol of your affection. And even though the quote unquote lab grown, you literally are almost identical.
Speaker 2: Like you put two and two together, they look better.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, So you're I mean with the sounds of Anna's friend that said this, Oh you don't want that's a lab grown.
Speaker 2: That's a petty girl. Where's she from? She's from? Uh yeah, she's an open County girl.
Speaker 6: That's why diamond.
Speaker 1: Hey, hold on, a second, real quick on the phone with us from Lucido Fine Jewelry, Joe, lou.
Speaker 7: Hi, Joe, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Guys? How you doing? Joe?
Speaker 1: Tell me with the whole lab grown versus you know the diamond, you know the real So is there such thing as called real diamond or what is it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: They are both diamonds. Diamond is the hardest mineral known demand and both of them have the same chemical properties as one another, so they are both forever. But what you guys are saying is completely right. It is almost impossible to tell. It's impossible to tell with the naked eye. You know, we have a machine that tests for them.
Speaker 1: And why why do people devalue lab grown though? I don't understand, Like why would Anna's friend say she wouldn't want that?
Speaker 7: You know, there's a lot of misconception out there, and there's a lot of different views on it. But the whole reason why a diamond is so valuable is because they're rare. And the more the higher the quality the diamond, the more rare they are, the larger the size, the more rare they are, the larger, the nighter the quality, and a larger size even more rare it is. So when lab grown diamonds became a thing, there was a value that was established and they get they were grown in labs. Well, as they kept getting better and better at growing these diamonds, they became less rare. So when something you know is more is less rare, man, I tell you it's gonna keep going down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, yeah, but that makes sense. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing I don't understand because to me, if it's beautiful, it's beautiful, and you know there are I mean, I know that this is the case with I guess with designer clothing or designer handbags and things like that. If the thing looks great, does anybody really care? Yeah? And if if you go out and you're you know, hanging out with your friends and wearing it on a daily basis, does it really matter? Like if somebody comes into Lucido Fine Jewelry and they're looking at rings and their budget is five thousand dollars and that doesn't get them whatever the bigger diamond that they want to get in real but they can get them a lab grown. Do you guys then turn them towards the lab grons and say, hey, why don't you look at this.
Speaker 7: One one hundred percent. We're here to educate our clients and we want them to have something that they're absolutely literally gonna love. And if it's a specific style and you know, a two carrot, you know elongated radiant is what they're looking for, and it's accessible. The price point that they want is successful with the lab stone, we're going to get it for them.
Speaker 4: Of course, give me a percentage real quick, of all the people that come in looking to get married or engage. Give me a percentage between lab grown and real diamonds. What's the mark you dictating right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's uh, I'll give you a ballpark. I would say about half and half. Yeah, A lot of people think that long term. When you're coming in, if you're buying a five carrot diamond, a lab versus naturals, you're talking about one thousand dollars, two thousand dollars versus eighty thousand dollars much it's important or more, it's important to know that these lab grown diamonds, we don't know what the value is going to do. So as long as you're okay with losing that few thousand dollars that you're going to spend on that lab rown diamond if you want to trade it in in ten years or something like that, then it's okay.
Speaker 1: You know what I would do. I take the difference of the money put it in an ira.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just Joe. That's pretty cool. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Now, thank you for going on with us, buddy. We appreciate you so much. Joe Lucido shout out, Joe. We'll talk to you soon about it.
Speaker 2: Thank you to do so. All right, man, that's wild to know all that.
Speaker 1: Katie, what do you think about and his friend being a little snarky towards her other friends' lab grown diamond?
Speaker 8: Well, it happened to me too, so it's crazy at to sound. So I got engaged in twenty twenty married in twenty twenty two. My friend got engaged queen there and got married after me, and we were talking about it, and her brother proposed with a lab grown diamond that was bigger than hers that she got. Hers is the real diamond. So we were having this conversation. She was complaining about how this ring was bigger than hers. Her brother had gotten it for his fiance and hers is real, so it's better. And I was like, well, mine's a lab grown and I don't think she knew because she a music.
Speaker 1: Was like oh uh.
Speaker 8: Oh, well, I mean I mean that's fine. Well no, babe, like your your opinion was different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she wouldn't have been able to tell if you didn't tell her, right right, No, And I mean she.
Speaker 8: Looked at before. I love your ring. It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that's crazy. What things?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: Because it was grown in a lab and not in the ground in the dirt.
Speaker 2: What's the difference. Man?
Speaker 1: If I was the guy marrying her, I would quickly start thinking about that person I'm marrying if she's that Patty.
Speaker 2: What's up Abby?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 9: First time, long time. I just my opinion on it is that it's nobody else's uh opinion. And I see like a lot of girls that are judging it that I have never been engaged before.
Speaker 2: What do you have? You have a ring?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we got married. We got engaged in September and I went on a work trip and this girl was asking me to see it. So I show it to her and she's like, well, is it real? I was like, well, yeah, it's real, and she's like showing me this diamond that she has picked out her boyfriend. But I was just like, she kept calling it kind of like fake and stuff because it was lab drones. I was like, Okay, well that's your opinion. I guess you could keep it to yourself, but they're real and I come from farm backgrounds, so like, if you think about how plants are grown, you have like genetically modified organisms like in the seats, and then you have like organic stuff.
Speaker 2: I was think of it like that, you know what I do.
Speaker 1: I look at that and then I look at her breasts and I say, THO, what's going on? Megan?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning? What's up?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 9: First of all, my.
Speaker 6: Son was in the car when I first called. He wanted me to tell you guys to have a good day.
Speaker 2: We'll say hi to him and then you can play on the podcast. Hi, Brandon, a mom is a hottie. Thanks for being on with those, Megan, what's going on?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 10: My wedding ring.
Speaker 6: Is not lab grown or grown in the dirt. It was grown at Pandora and I picked out my own ring and that was my choice. It wasn't like my husband's choice if it was to him he would have paid thousands of dollars for a ring, but I'm too much of a klutz, So my grain would have fallen off one day and I would have lost it, and then I would feel so.
Speaker 10: Guilty for losing my wedding ring that came.
Speaker 6: Thousands of dollars because I've seen those stories of.
Speaker 10: Like people losing their wedding ring and I could only imagine the weight that they feel because it's such an expensive, sentimental piece of jewelry, and I'm like, I could never live with myself if I lost mine.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing too, is that you you know, you think about this that if it gets stolen or something bad happens to it, Now you got to worry about how much you're paying an assurance for this. If you don't ensure your ring, you're probably not very smart, especially if you spend a ton of money on it. But then secondly, if you're that if you're somebody getting married and the person is that petty about what their ring is, I'm worried about what our lives are going.
Speaker 2: To be like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Ye difference in the money and I would buy myself a house with it or put it towards something like that.
Speaker 2: I want to hear from all people we did. I want to hear from a lady where the ring matters, like, we're the ladies that who say the phone line sir, We're the real or nothing ladies.
Speaker 5: I did not care, yes, but I would say that either way. It's really like we literally sat at Lucido and really like explored all options. You cannot tell the dang difference at all. I liked this particular diamond, but yeah to me, and truly it would not matter to me whatsoever to me.
Speaker 1: To me, I sit there and I look at it, and I think about the ring that I got engaged with.
Speaker 2: We don't even have it anymore.
Speaker 1: Supposedly, Chelsea, supposedly it got stolen or lost or something like that.
Speaker 2: It was an insurance claim.
Speaker 1: Shout out, shout out the Stade Farm and the guy with the khakis.
Speaker 2: But it was it was literally all I could afford. It was. It was.
Speaker 1: I bought it a k Jewelers, and I bought it with my severance check from the radio station. And it was honestly one of the ugliest rings I've ever seen. But it was beautiful to Chelsea, and she loved it, and I'm going to say this to you. It's not the ring that she has right now. And they guess what. I think that if you're married long enough, then you work your way towards whatever the ring that you're gonna that you're gonna want. And I will say that again, you know, if you're going to depend, if you're going to sit there and as a girl, say to your friend, oh, that ring is not as beautiful. It was beautiful in the picture at the beginning, and then all of a sudden you're gonna sit there and pull the eyeball thing out the look at it. Do we have anybody on the phone line that says the ring matters?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: And then there was one who texted him. But she doesn't want to talk to me, she doesn't want What did she say in the text? What was her text? She said, the ring does matter, but I can't talk. Wow, can't say it with a chase.
Speaker 1: Where's her area Code's see where six one six It's West Michigan right Grand Rapids