Speaker 1: This morning, lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Listen Beaverville, come home in. I will up yesterday morning with us.
Speaker 3: Fritt, listen up the rays the day with us for listen up.
Speaker 2: The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demography super duper. That's nice night a goo nit okay, yes boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the twentieth day of November twenty twenty five. Good morning, everybody, and welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. How are you everybody, How are you feeling today? My name is Chris Hocken. We've got lots to get to because you know, it's Thursday. It is the best day of the week. We had Tommrs. We got both of them, you know, Tommy Olsen, Tom Pelasera a little bit later as well, we got Ben Lieber, and we've got, of course the Fargo Flash and so much to get to. So why would we wait even another moment? Ladies and gentlemen, Here's some comedy from Greg Warren Potrip Morning Show. Come on in. I am glad you're here.
Speaker 1: It's real though I'm not like they have high school fishing teams.
Speaker 5: It's like they have college fishing teams. They have scholarships to college for fishing. Somewhere there's a dad that's like, sit out. They cut my hours at the meal today. I can't afford to send you to college.
Speaker 1: You want to make it out of this town, you're gonna have to fish your way out. I met a high school fishing coach from Illinois, and I had a lot of questions. I did I go, I assume it's a spring sport. He goes, well, we practice all year round. I was like, it's Illinois, you don't you know? And he goes in the winter we practice indoors.
Speaker 2: Where where? Tell me it's not the swimming pool. That's not fair to the swim team. That's why they made that pool.
Speaker 1: Like, coach one of your anglers for my best butterfly, it's partially his fault.
Speaker 2: He's a supper for spinner bat.
Speaker 1: But I mean, come on, we're supposed to say this fool.
Speaker 2: You know that I'm the cream of a quck. The finger signs week and feet us on your side.
Speaker 4: You hear the distance underside this line, and then you stray.
Speaker 2: Get it all right? Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 6: It us Thursday, November twentieth of twenty twenty five, one week away from Thanksgiving, eight days away from the Power to the Morning Show turning twenty four eight days the rest of the Yeah, the rest of the station's extremely excited for us. Yeah, they should be, especially considering we're the youngest show.
Speaker 5: We are.
Speaker 4: We're the youngest child. We're spoiled rotten like the yeah.
Speaker 2: Child always is exactly, youngest child. Spoil us, Get us a power wheel, take us to Disney World, all of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so crazy. We are the youngest child. Like, we get whatever we want. None of the rules applied us.
Speaker 2: All the attentions, tire, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: They've given up trying to paradise.
Speaker 4: They didn't care anymore.
Speaker 2: Just do what you want for the least mature.
Speaker 4: Don't get arrested for God's sakes, that's all.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Power Trips doing fine. Yeah, they all have jobs. Oh you're going on.
Speaker 4: Vacation again, good? Okay, good, Yeah, go to Vegas. Just don't get arrested.
Speaker 2: Exactly, exactly right.
Speaker 6: The rest of our boys golf and invest What is your youngest boy do he goes to Vegas and guitar, like.
Speaker 4: They're still trying to find themselves exactly.
Speaker 2: He masturbates in the bathtub.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of them didn't bring a backpack senior year of high school. But he's making his way in the world today. It takes everything he's got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll graduate and then he'll be out of the house and I'll finally be able to live my life.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Surprisingly, they're doing the best though. Yeah. Correct, No, everybody here learned the code.
Speaker 4: Yeah, playing video games and doing pornography, and they're gonna be just fine.
Speaker 6: You know, this show is a unicorn. The station's a unicorn. It's it's fun being a part of the fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just case. Oh yeah, brilliant? Was that? Just haha? Volva? That's how is that? Oh?
Speaker 6: This is the Tourett's bit from Dude.
Speaker 4: It's there's only a few funny scenes, but every time Dude says ju damn it, white boy?
Speaker 6: Was that when he drops the in the hot tub, damn it white Boy made me laugh.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get a good copy of that in but maybe polar screaming T words.
Speaker 2: Big big T words. Yes, so good. That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 4: I mean everything about that film is offensive. But then of course everybody's walking down the street with PILs screaming that's a huge bitch.
Speaker 6: I wonder how many scenes like that the Power Trip has ruined for other people.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because yeah, when you hear him, when you hear somebody go, that's a huge bitch. I mean, you're like, that's the best.
Speaker 2: That's a huge bit.
Speaker 4: Is the Powers Morning show. That's all it is right there.
Speaker 6: I love when people email us or tweet us or whatever, and you know, they'll they'll say they've been listening for years and years and years. They've heard us duo drop or hit a button a thousand times. Never knew where I was from, just thought it was funny or a nice little diition of the show. And then they're watching like a random Parks and Rack episode. That's where it's like, it's the light bulb goes. I'm like, oh, that's where it's from. They're just watching some random piece media and then they hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big, oh god, I gotta got it.
Speaker 4: She's a huge bit. She looks like she's fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah she really does.
Speaker 4: She does, man, and her teeth aren't quite right. I mean, it's like it's it's just the cutest.
Speaker 6: It's like the the Rick bid from Messing Out the Rick Rick Rick, where she's got the braces or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she kind of has that kind of vibe in that in that movie as well.
Speaker 2: So good love Amy Pohler.
Speaker 4: You can't even tell. He looks over his shoulder up.
Speaker 2: That's great, man. Yeah, that's a huge guy.
Speaker 4: And the cop with the huge with the very thin penis. Yeah, showed it to him, right to you.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 6: I completely forgot about that, and I haven't seen that movie I've been in twenty years.
Speaker 4: Don't hold up. But man, that therets of the word, everything about its offensive. The huge fat lady, which I believe must have been a gentleman pretending to be a lady.
Speaker 2: You never know, there's probably George Mirrasan.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm talking about the very heavy lady.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't remember that party either. Again, I haven't seen it in twenty plus years. Whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anyway, all right, it is always jam packed Thursday.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: We assume Tommy should be kicking down the door in the second Ben Lieber, I believe, I hope if he doesn't bring it up since I watched Twin Cities Live almost every day, or at least listen to it. I hope he brings up something that your name came up on the show about two days ago, Christopher, and I hope he brings it to the table. If he doesn't mind, I'm going to your name did oh no, Drew Elizabeth Reese's son. Oh no, that's how your name came up. We'll explain when Ben gets here.
Speaker 4: I can't even imagine listen.
Speaker 6: Well, Zach, let's just say I might have to tell you. I might have to tell you off air because I might have you do like five minutes of production work between now and six thirty, if that makes sense, because I might need you to get a couple of.
Speaker 2: Pieces of audio for me.
Speaker 6: Oh Greece, you got to be at six thirty, and Liberal will be here, Fargo Flash, I assume at some point because the Gophers take on Northwestern Saturday at Wrigley Field, will talk to Fargo Flash.
Speaker 4: Before we get to this with Ben, can I just say I just stopped.
Speaker 2: A pee's something about Mary?
Speaker 4: Right me too?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right? Such a great bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially can considering that's exactly what Ben still there was doing really was he really was just paid and just across a pile of dudes looking up in the bushes.
Speaker 2: Tom Pelisaro at like a twenty. That's right.
Speaker 4: Thanks for our friends at bel Bank, am.
Speaker 6: I forgetting anybody flash Pelissaro liber.
Speaker 2: Tommy. I think that's it. I think that's standard Thursday.
Speaker 4: Has there been how many funny movies have there been in the last ten years?
Speaker 6: Not many, not very many, right, So, I've heard a lot of people talk about how it's harder to get a major studio to release a comedy because comedies don't play well anymore in theaters. I think mister Z's mentioned that in the past, that it's not easy that it's to get people to go to the theaters. You have to have a big blockbuster now and the rest of the movies are kind of struggling. So those are the kind of things that just get released straight to you know, a streaming service or whatever, which is too bad because comedies are the best.
Speaker 2: Was Naked Gun good? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was funny. There were funny parts, wasn't It wasn't as good as obviously, you know, I mean about the other ones. But let's see, see Friendship was too hard to watch. I couldn't finish it.
Speaker 6: Had a handful of scenes though, Yeah I did, but it's more awkward than funny. He is the king of cringe, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Deadpool obviously, those are all great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, none of those movies that they're listed here are in this decade. I don't know what decade they think we're in. Once upon a time in Hollywood. It's not a comedy.
Speaker 2: No talking about what. I haven't even seen it. I know it's not.
Speaker 4: Dude, you would really love that film. I don't know how many times I have to tell you, what if I said I hated it, would you watch it?
Speaker 2: Hmmm?
Speaker 4: Ricky Staniki, No.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: Some of these I just did the same thing you did, just like googled, Like, hey, best comedies in the last ten years. Some of the lists that other just randos are putting up here, Like if those are the top ten, we're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebodies are just these lists look terrible.
Speaker 4: The reason I bring it up is because I just quoted two movies, you know, in the first ten minutes of the show, and both of them are thirty years old, right, See that all the twenty ten two thousand second.
Speaker 2: Bridesmaids already is fourteen years so good. That's an all times.
Speaker 4: Disaster artists in twenty seventeen. But is that a comedy?
Speaker 6: I mean no, No, that's a that's a drama. I mean, I know you're supposed to be laughing because it's about Tommy Wizo in the room, but it really was a drama, just showing how ridiculous whatever it's got its moments. It's supposed to be funny because the room is funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Other Guys a drama.
Speaker 6: Ten Yeah, Other Guys is a fantastic movie, super funny, but that's fifteen years old.
Speaker 4: Pop Star never stopped Stopping twenty sixteen. That's pretty good, but it's not great. But there's some very funny moments in that ly exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's worth watching. One definitely worth watching. That's funny.
Speaker 4: Jeez. There's just not much to choose from Guys Crazy.
Speaker 2: We're probably forgetting a couple.
Speaker 4: Of days real old right now.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it happens, it does. I mean, yeah, even like our guys. Schwartzen talks about how like studios don't want comedies anymore because they aren't huge blockbusters like you saying core and they you can. There's thousands of streaming services you can put those on.
Speaker 4: Dude, we're I'm looking at a still shot from Royal ten Oft Bombs in two thousand and one, and it's where Grandpa takes the kids to the dog fights.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god, I know you don't look. What does he say to them before?
Speaker 6: Your dad probably hates me or something? So good man, Yeah, they're smoking. It's such a great That movie is so good.
Speaker 4: Super Baptist two thousands, So they're.
Speaker 2: Not even close. Another absolute slammer of a deal or movie.
Speaker 6: I have not seen Abbott Elementary, but I know a lot of people rave about that. How about his comedies in general Borat's two thousands, Oh yeah, sure, yeah, but how about how about network?
Speaker 2: Not even network?
Speaker 6: How about his comedies right the the Offices, Parks and Rex Brooklyn nine nine's obviously sure, I mean, but that's been around for like good twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 6: I mean, man, we're struggling with comedies just on network, TV or streaming services in the last ten years as well. I'm trying to think of a bunch of really really good ones that weren't already in existence. Yeah, have you guys.
Speaker 4: Seen you all have seen walk Hard the Dewey Cock story, right.
Speaker 2: I've seen pieces, Yeah, I've seen pieces of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What's what's the ladies man's name? What's his name?
Speaker 2: Tim Meadows?
Speaker 4: His role where he basically is the the bridge to every drug that Dewey Cocks ever does.
Speaker 6: Yeh, yes, you don't want any of this man, man, we're smoking marijuana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, it's so good. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I wonder if we asked to your point, Chris, twenty two year olds and just said, hey, give me the you know, the comedies of your teenage years that just are the killers?
Speaker 2: Do they have five or ten?
Speaker 6: Like we all watched Billy Madison and Happy Gilmour and Dumb and Dumber and something about Mary We were, you know, wedding Singer. We watched the same comedy is Over and over Wayne's World?
Speaker 2: Do they have those?
Speaker 4: They laugh at tiktoks?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Were they just watching Euphoria reruns? You guys remember the movie This is the End?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that is a really well done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the kid's name? Who's a disaster in that show? Michael Sarah Michael Sarah that's he's really pressure.
Speaker 6: And there was a bit that they asked Rihanna if Michael Sarah could slap her butt in real life, and she said, yes, as long as I could slap him back. And at one point she you see it, she slaps him with a closed hand and it hits him right in the ear.
Speaker 4: And it's like a lay down for like two hours. Smack the crap on him.
Speaker 2: Hacks is great, Okay.
Speaker 4: I always said always Sunning Philadelphia, ted Lasso. Is that a comedy?
Speaker 6: I will I will argue forever that is not a comedy. I've I laughed almost never at that show. It was way close. Gonna make me cry, then make me.
Speaker 4: Last word Creek.
Speaker 6: That's oh, there you go. That's an answer. Yeah, that's That's one of the best comedies that definitely. I haven't even seen it, but that definitely counts to what I was asking for.
Speaker 2: What about the bear drama? That are not even close to a comedy? Not even close?
Speaker 4: Boy again, man, like you said, I'm sure that there's some like one or two that are like what are you doing?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: What was funny is flea Bag. Flea Bag was very good. Alien's great, but Hacks, flea Bag.
Speaker 6: Even even if you're gonna give like Ted Lasso quote a comedy and I don't, these are still like not necessarily well, especially Fleabag and Hacks. Those aren't for the masses. Critics freaking love both of those shows. Those are not like pop culture takeover shows like The Office was or Friends or Science Old their cheers.
Speaker 2: Those are just Yep, they're gonna win a bunch of awards.
Speaker 6: If you watch him, you're probably gonna respect him.
Speaker 4: Rick and Morty in South Park.
Speaker 6: Have you guys seen the Righteous Gemstones? I saw season one.
Speaker 4: A couple of episodes are good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was getting worried, baby, what about the change up? And uh for you, thank you? There's another really funny movie. Yeah, see change up doesn't count.
Speaker 4: But she's ripping the change up right now? What he's bounded down? But that went off in twenty thirteen. Wait, Park rec went off in two fifteen. Mm, hm, Archer's still on, but it's seen its best days.
Speaker 2: Archer was still on.
Speaker 4: Ye, it is eah always sunny. As I said that, she's.
Speaker 6: Always great, So you know what's crazy? I'm not I'm just thinking out loud, think of how as it looks like from Afar. Movie comedies and TV comedies continue to fade away. Yeah, the social media world, Zachary and Sauce and I were just talking about this off the other day or two we go.
Speaker 2: How about the rye of comedians?
Speaker 6: Though now you have all these TikTok and Instagram and Twitter giant deals in the comedic world. Comedy podcasts are gigantic, Like yeah, so there's a lot of comedy just in completely different forms. And we got some megastars, but they're just not necessarily motion picture or TV stars. They're social media comedy stars. They're touring and selling out arenas and doing podcasts.
Speaker 9: Rosie just texted a good one for a comedy movie. Yeah, Marle and Mesh.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tommy, those shirts are brand new, They've never been worn. They're just way too enormous.
Speaker 2: Oh are these all live shirt?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I'm all in if you want to be having If not, thank you so much. Yeah. Their workout shirts for you and your your your fantastic nipples.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, thank you?
Speaker 4: He really does do you think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I really do?
Speaker 4: Those are real good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are good. Those are really solid, you know, real good. Yeah, I approve I don't know why I approved. I approve what song is should have been gone. That's Steve Harry Steve period. I heard that walking into the gas station this fill. It's a top five slammer. It's a great bit from basketball.
Speaker 6: Right, But that comedy came out in like ninety nine or something. To see you when did that come out? Oh ninety nine something like that. That's twenty five years old. About Crashers, Well, Crashers is like what twenty tens waiting Crashers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, way back in the way.
Speaker 4: But dude, that's great. I mean, that's that's an example of one of the great comedies of the last however, Yeah.
Speaker 6: So good like that how you were describing Billy Madison, like how you watched it all the time? That's winning Crashers sure, and I'm sure bad super bad too. Yeah, that's also from the two thousands probably, that's got to be like, oh seven or something.
Speaker 2: I really wanted to stump your core. I can't.
Speaker 4: You can't do it.
Speaker 2: You guys are onto something with this comedy thing, thank you.
Speaker 3: Because their fire and bullet really to actually depressing. Great comedies are the best. Yeah, they're probably the thing in the past that'll be.
Speaker 2: Rosie said, we forgot about the fault in our stars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he leaves that one memory. He loved it, remember when we were in that. We're like to please stop living.
Speaker 6: Philadelphia is an all timers.
Speaker 4: It's five in the morning.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Family. It's the Black Friday tradition. You will not want to miss.
Speaker 9: The Power Trip Morning Show will be live at Mall of America bringing the initials game, tons of laughs, and your chance to score serious holiday cash. Be there the Huntington Bank Rotunda from seven to nine am on November twenty eighth. That's a week from tomorrow. Check out kafe dot com quer calendar for all the details. Damn it, I already told you what I was.
Speaker 6: I already forgot to tell you what I was supposed to have you get from me before six thirty. The ben just actual to me to remind me. So, Zachary, don't let me forget. Next commercial break, I'm gonna tell you what I need from you. Well, should take you thirty seconds, but I gotta have you do it before sexty.
Speaker 2: Buddy yat.
Speaker 6: Zachly, I used to look at you differently, Zachary, ten years ago, Like I didn't even notice you, and now I you know.
Speaker 2: Now I'm all in. Man, you got it going on.
Speaker 6: You're smart, you're clever, good looking, dude, talented, talented.
Speaker 2: I'm just sorry I missed it. Man.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it's like the Lady Bogs factor. You take the glass off and you're like, God, dang, look at this hot piece.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: Man's the next Friday, right, Yes, sir America. Yeah, Sess wants to do a little shopping. Well we might. We might pop in and say hi if that's okay. Tommy the powert Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Tommy the Powerture Morning Show is turning twenty four next year.
Speaker 2: You've been on the show for what eleven eleven? Yeah, so you've been on it for half. You're a big part of the show.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: If you guys need a guy one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, sure, everybody's everybody's allowed to stop buying high five and jump on why not? Hello?
Speaker 2: You cool?
Speaker 6: It just depends how how after we get on Thursday on Thanksgiving? Totally get it. Yeah, but it'll be a good day. No, I think we have a question or two for sas Yeah, yeah, maybe I keep hearing she's still dressed like kid Rock. Oh it's a month ago.
Speaker 2: I tell you. Go on Saturday morning, seven am. Hop it on a flight. Hang on? Is as gussable or not?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah it gets Yeah, so you are going to rig Le.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's going to Riggs.
Speaker 2: So amped it's like a bachelor party. Seven am. The game at eleven.
Speaker 6: You're not going to be cutting it close as close as it gets.
Speaker 2: But I have the old fashioned Oh yeah, you got that to get your hands right. But hang on, go back.
Speaker 6: So seven o'clock on Saturday, what is that a forty five minute flight something like that? So you're getting you're laying in pre eight o'clock right, sure, renting.
Speaker 2: A car, getting picked up? How are you getting to the game? It's great. So I actually mapped this all out.
Speaker 6: It's thirty minutes exactly from midway to its Hotel Zachary, some hotel right next hotels. Hotel Zachary is actually what it's. Yeah, there's bathtubs and weed.
Speaker 2: It's right next to it's right next to Marriott, right next to Dude's.
Speaker 6: Only Sessa is gonna have to dress like kid Rock. No, Sess isn't going literally just dudes.
Speaker 2: It's me and Murker going me Mikey down there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so thirty minutes minutes before nine o'clock, you should be at your hotel. Well, we actually, for some reason, we take off at seven and it says we land at nine, which makes no sense to me.
Speaker 2: Now saying that check into this.
Speaker 6: No that Cocker Center just stopping Milwaukee. No, we leave at seven ten, Look at no joke, we leave at seven ten at nine oh one.
Speaker 2: Can't be right. I can't be right. Yeah it can be. It's about an hour forty to Chicago.
Speaker 6: What yeah, yeah, you guys, I'm looking at nuts. Yeah, so it's to midway seven ten.
Speaker 4: There's no way.
Speaker 6: It's an hour forty to Chicago and looking I don't what forty? I just googled. Come on, yeah, man, it's not wrong. What's hour thirty?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think, Oh hair is a little faster what I thought it was like fifty minutes it should be. Yeah, how is it an hour and a half? Oh hair is fifty five? But I think that What are you yelling at me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry? Did he hang on? It's like you just said, o' hair is fifty five. It's short, is fifty five? But yeah, Midway is an hour to fly to Wyoming and then go there.
Speaker 6: They swing it past the Statue Alberty and then come.
Speaker 2: Back to Chicago.
Speaker 6: Due drive the plane. There's no way, it's an hour and forty minutes, sir.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping her early land. There's no way.
Speaker 6: There's a forty minute difference between airports in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That that's really weird.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 6: So anyway, so land at nine of course grab that's confusing, but go on, grab the bags. Hopefully get in the uber by nine thirty. That's like if everything goes smooth. Now, it's thirty minutes door to door from Midway to where I'm staying in a second before Chris.
Speaker 2: Flies to Chicago all the time with the Viking. Oh yeah, how long does it take you out?
Speaker 4: I have no idea. I'm drunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah I heard that, brother, me too. I'll be right there, man.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Okay, we're gonna be tailgate on the flight and then we land, grab our bags nine thirty, get an uber nine thirty to ten, we're gonna drop our bags, and then we're actually staying right next to Wrigley, So.
Speaker 2: Like it, walking distance shouldn't be that bad.
Speaker 6: Right at ten o'clock and then we'll walk in and go have fun. Man, here will's top top today?
Speaker 2: Drink.
Speaker 6: There's a great Mexican restaurant right across from Wrigley that you'll love.
Speaker 2: Is there really outstanding? Good March? Oh outstanding? Yeah, yeah, you'll love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean there's a I think there's a lot of Gopher fans going a lot, so we'll be fun.
Speaker 2: I mean old tros fantastic.
Speaker 4: You guys ever do margs with Vodki instead of Tequili?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, yeah you can, it's good.
Speaker 2: Have you actually done it? I have you like same ingredients? But just ye? Man?
Speaker 4: So yep, yeah, because tequila makes my clothes follow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See that's why I drink it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, I've ever done an espresso martinis with tequila, so that's what.
Speaker 2: I do all the time.
Speaker 4: That sounds yeah, that sounds real deadly.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a good it's the best ever. Yeah. Yeah, court doesn't seem right. I'm not. You should have phoned into O'Hare. Oh really? Oh yeah, because if you look on a map here see hair is here. Here. Oh it's way closer, hold on here's.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter you're going to be second track.
Speaker 6: Yeah, where's more on brilliant?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because now you're gonna that's horrible. Yeah, I'm an idiot. Yeah, I mean, it's about it's a I mean, but like there'll be an hour of traffic.
Speaker 9: Google says typically thirty minutes to an hour and five minutes. Okay, so that's if you when you depart at nine thirty am.
Speaker 2: Sure. Sure, So if we backed that up to nine, maybe it gets better.
Speaker 4: And mess up.
Speaker 2: Ye back then everyone has fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chicago screen except for getting wherever you're going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 6: Hopefully we just stay in Wriglar and then we don't really move from there. But they're like a train, yes, yeah, of course, yeah, always weekend, Yeah, of course, and you can ride one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well Tommy's hoping.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we didn't make it to the game.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Hot ticket to Worst Rock. Front Page Sports next.
Speaker 6: Better leaving in like thirty minutes Fargo flashing a little bit, Tom Pellosaro at A twenty.
Speaker 2: This is the Power to Money two.
Speaker 9: Time now for Front Page Sports, presented by Holiday Station Store Holidaday's Station Stores.
Speaker 2: Hell, Tony, you said you went to a gas station this morning.
Speaker 6: My guess is you went to holiday and look at so look, Celsia is two for five, which is perfect because it looks like that's exactly what you got.
Speaker 2: Now you can mix and match any flavor you want. Would you pick this morning? The really into their fantasy lines? Of course you are. What is it called those fantasy vibes? No joke, sparkly fantasy vibe? Yep. So what flavor is that? This is? Oh, this is in again, sparkling Mandarin marshmallow, same one as last week, Marshmallow? Are you're in love?
Speaker 6: The colors love the same thing we said last week. If Manda and Marshmallow sounds terrible, then.
Speaker 2: Go get what up?
Speaker 4: You're on camera, God, you are on camera.
Speaker 2: Then go get any flavors you want.
Speaker 6: Two for five bucks at holiday you wants himself, that is the place to go.
Speaker 2: And Tommy lives it. Man, you're not just a messing around. You go. You're all in. I mean travin salesman.
Speaker 6: You got to be on the road going to guess I mean.
Speaker 2: That's like your sanctuary.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, truck stops glories, man.
Speaker 4: I got every time I go to the rest stop in Maple Grove and Tommy's there all the time, I believe it.
Speaker 2: This is one of those days. I have like fifteen little sports notes.
Speaker 6: I got a lot of stuff today. Yeah that's what you said, you had four today, Yeah, exactly. Sometimes I have nothing. This is one of those days. I have a million different things. So, yeah, lots of stuff. Stuff, like you know, the Wolves and Wild played last night, But I also have like ten or twelve interesting just random sports stories.
Speaker 2: So sure, the Wild played, the Wolves played. Let's start with something else though, Okay.
Speaker 6: Because look, if you're like well, people that are waking up, they're gonna want to know if the wild one.
Speaker 4: Just check your phone, already.
Speaker 6: Looked on your phone if the wild one, And if you haven't, you're gonna do it right now.
Speaker 2: See it worked out.
Speaker 4: It's a wicked game.
Speaker 2: Oh great song, all right? Yeah, a plus so good.
Speaker 6: I wish I was at Applebee's singing to some chick standing on a table.
Speaker 2: All right, let's start with the New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 6: The New Orleans Saints have marketing rights for the country of France, and they are finalizing a deal to play a game in Paris. It would be the first ever regular season NFL game in Paris in twenty twenty six. Next year they might play in Paris. Looks like they're going to play in Paris, it's just hasn't been finalized. The announcement likely coming in the next couple of weeks. One of the road games for the Minnesota Vikings in twenty twenty six is at the New Orleans Saints, So I don't know how likely. I don't need fifteen people going here's the seven reasons why the Vikes won't be the one they pick.
Speaker 2: Who cares? Let a boy dream, right?
Speaker 6: The Vikings are on the road in New Orleans in twenty twenty six, So if you eliminate the division games because they just don't bring division games overseas, if you eliminate that, yeah, now we're talking. Well again, I don't know if the Saints have nine home games or nine road games next year, where you're talking maybe six, then pretty good odds. Yeah, so now we're like a sixteen percent chance to being the France team.
Speaker 2: That'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 4: But I can't imagine they do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah go again, Yeah, I can't imagine.
Speaker 4: I mean this, we've done three in two years.
Speaker 6: I wonder if if they hadn't done the back to back this year, right, because the Vikings travel and obviously we're capable of going exactly. This team knows how to travel internationally. But I wonder if they had not done Dublin and then London, if they would have been more likely.
Speaker 2: But I think Chris just nailed it.
Speaker 6: If it if it wasn't the double up this year, huh, I think we'd probably be highing a higher on the list. My guess is we're not going to France. But again, let a boy dream.
Speaker 2: You loved it? Would you take that over Dublin in London? If the three were on the board.
Speaker 6: I would definitely take France over Dublin me too. I think Paris is different than London, but it's got it's got a lot of similarities. It's a huge, huge city. I freaking loved Paris, really loved it. And again the low X dictations helped. Everybody crapped on it. Everybody told me how rude everybody was going to be, how it's overrated, how you didn't need much time there, and I'm like, I thought it was awesome, So that helps.
Speaker 4: Well everybody else.
Speaker 6: So you were like, I'm home exactly, and dude, oh they were super helpful.
Speaker 2: Everybody was really nice. I loved it.
Speaker 6: Everyone drinks espresso there, right, a lot of coffee, a lot of cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Sure, what else? What else you want again?
Speaker 6: My eleven year old said, do you think they don't know it gives you cancer?
Speaker 2: And I go, oh, they know, they just don't care.
Speaker 4: That's the great American smokeout by the way, speaking of that was that that means it means they're trying to get people stuff smoking.
Speaker 6: Oh good, vape in too, or just smoking. One of my buddies he gave up the vape. Now he's chewing. Oh perfect, that's uh. Chewing is the toughest thing you'll ever try. Network Well, either way, Christopher, you got a shot man maybe maybe maybe France in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: I'll take it, man, I love it. You mean where we're going, I'm in. I got a backpacked already.
Speaker 6: But if they didn't, would New Orleans be a cool place? I know you've said it's a hell hole, but I've never been there.
Speaker 4: Let me we went either way there, you're right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let me say this though, Tommy, Yeah, you need to go to New Orleans. Yeah you would, you would specifically pretty tame call Bourbon Street would be your paradise.
Speaker 2: The city is scary, it's a dumb situation, but there are there are a couple of streets. The French Quarter during the day is spectacular.
Speaker 4: It's names yahs, Little Harriet. Night.
Speaker 6: Oh, French Quarter at night is scary. But Bourbon Street is an absolute tornado of fun.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's a hell hole. How far are we talking?
Speaker 6: Oh, blocks and blocks and bosh really oh yeah, And it's and it's like it'll go like strip club into like some bar that's playing local like New Orleans jazz, into like some country a yo key bar, into like another strip club into like a.
Speaker 2: It's just a dream.
Speaker 6: Every other bar has live music and Chris can backman, he's been there a million times. It's so much fun. It doesn't matter if it's the kind of music you hate. Everybody's just into it. There's a vibe. Everybody's point two.
Speaker 4: And there's a lot of you would freaking love it.
Speaker 2: That just clok the other way out love it. Isn't that the story where you kept the TV on really loud?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Sleep had about twelve yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And he takes all the covers. Oh that'd be so fun. So like, either way, yeah, New Orleans Saints game is gonna be a fun game. Next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, either way we win and that's a good point.
Speaker 2: And they're terrible. Yeah yeah, Well in the stadium, that's cool stadium to go to. No, no, no, not good there mean.
Speaker 4: Uh no, I don't know about fans. That's fine. It's just a it's a it's a beat up old stadium. Some bad things happen in there. Man.
Speaker 6: Hey, let's stay with the Vikings for a second. Here's good new. It's trending the right way at least. Former Viking now New York Jet. Chris Boyd, who was shot in the abdomen Sunday morning in Manhattan, upgraded to stable. He has had multiple procedures, including one that removed the bullet from his right lung. He's twenty nine. The police still continue to search for the gunman. They've posted pictures of what his face looks like. So my guess is it's a matter of time. I mean, somebody knows who that guy is. But Chris Boyd even posted on social media that he's quote starting to breathe on my own now, So it looks like it's trending the right way.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 6: Sounds like the bullet's out. Sounds like he's breathing on his own. So let's hope it continues to improve. That's really scary.
Speaker 4: Was it like a hit.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it was a fight.
Speaker 6: It sounds like the people that he was with got into a scuffle with somebody else and then somebody pulled a gun out and shot him. He's a great dude, man, good dude, man it Yeah. So that's trending the right way.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's great. Yeah, great news. The Wild.
Speaker 6: Four to three over the Hurricanes in a shootout, and the Wild are red hot and the Hurricanes one of the best teams in the NHL. But yesper of Alstad, fun to say, Man absolutely on fire. Had a streak of ninety five consecutive saves geez, one hundred and seventy five minutes and twelve seconds between a handful of shoutouts, two shutouts and then like a period in the game before that period last night, So fourth longest shutout streak in Wild history. It ended last night, but he still got the win, including an unbelievable glove save in the shootout that helped secure it, so.
Speaker 2: A career high forty two saves. Check this out.
Speaker 6: I would love somebody maybe Zachary knows this because I know he was at the Extra like twelve thirty in the morning. Yeah, Zachary the wild last night we're out shot by the Hurricanes forty five to eighteen and still one Do you know.
Speaker 2: What the I don't I'm asking you a question you might not know the answer to.
Speaker 6: Do you know what the largest shot deficit in Wild Hit history is? Where they still secured a victory because that's got to be close forty to eighteen and they won.
Speaker 2: I obviously don't know.
Speaker 9: If the top of my head, it's almost thirty shots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was.
Speaker 9: That was a crazy, crazy effort there by by Val said, he I mean absolutely killed it. They definitely would have I think liked a better second or third period, but they after the streak. Yeah, it's Boldie's Boldie said. A wins a win. They're not going to care in April. How uh you know how that went down? And so they keep get a couple of very big points before going back out.
Speaker 2: On the road.
Speaker 9: But uh at Pittsburgh tomorrow, Yes, that was. It was tough to watch at times they want so.
Speaker 2: It takes a lot of smile. So one like seven and nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I met what's the guy's name? What's his name name? I met his brother at the col Swindell show.
Speaker 2: Oh, no kidding.
Speaker 4: They are twins. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Did you know that? No? No, what does he? What does the other twin do?
Speaker 4: His name's no Spur?
Speaker 2: Should have known. Explain that joke, you can do it.
Speaker 6: Explain the joke well, Jasper, Nope, No, you're off to a bad start. His name's yes, Jasper vasted. Yes, so the other guy's name is no Spur, But explain it. He doesn't wear spurs when he rides a horse. He's not Gasper the friendly ghost. No, he doesn't like spurs. Basketball, got it?
Speaker 2: No, I don't get it. You don't get it. This isn't a bit. No, I'm dead serious. I don't get it.
Speaker 4: It's just yes and no.
Speaker 2: It's the opposite of yes is no. Oh. Yes, Sometimes I think to d oh, I don't think so. That might be a preposterous statement.
Speaker 6: No preposterous statement is I'm too busy during the holidays to go to a wild game.
Speaker 2: Use some people are busy.
Speaker 6: The Wolves beat the Terrible Wizards one twenty to one oh nine. Julius Randall dominant again thirty two points, ten boards, six assists. Look at help him. Nas red hot from three he had twenty eight led the team a couple nights ago off the bench. He almost did again last night with twenty eight. NAS's red hot as well. Wolves really pulled away in the second quarter. They outscored the Terrible Wizards thirty seven to seventeen in the second. So they're now ten and zero against teams with losing records, zero to five against teams with winning records.
Speaker 2: But they're ten and five and that's fantastic. You don't make the schedule, no, so.
Speaker 6: Just keep beating these teams until you figure out how to beat the good ones. They now go on a three game road trip at Phoenix tomorrow night at eight o'clock is the first one. Then they are at Sacramento on Monday, then at the Champs. The red Hot Oklahoma City thunder on one, who I think are fifteen and one something like that. What, Yeah, they're on fire. I have money on him over seventy seventy wins, seventy win they're on pace for they're on pace for the greatest record in NBA history.
Speaker 2: We'll see if that can maintain. And all I do is win, so it doesn't matter. I mean at this point your bankroll. In speaking of that last.
Speaker 6: One, Sometimes we make bets on the show that we completely forget about, and sometimes we make bets on the show that uh, power Trip Bets thankfully keeps track of monitors.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm on him dead all this bet.
Speaker 6: We hadn't talked about this bet in month, so I had completely forgot about it. And look, it's the middle of November. I didn't realize we were cutting it close. But according to Power Trip Bets, I believe two days ago the fifteenth horse at Santa Anita died, which hits the over, which means I had to pay.
Speaker 2: So he's one hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Because Sauce, for the record, of course, was cheering for horses to die.
Speaker 2: So he could profit.
Speaker 4: It was getting to be ridiculous.
Speaker 6: So I paid him one hundred dollars because I believe the over under was fourteen or fourteen and a half. The fifteenth horse died this year at Santa Aida, and Sauce profited off of that. You can't lose, so for the record, you were very excited that the fifteenth horse passed away, correct, I was very excited that I got paid one hundred dollars, and I was very because of the death of horses. Sure, and I was very excited to see that you put fifteen horses in.
Speaker 2: Me and I doubled check. It was fifteen.
Speaker 6: That was It was brilliant I put horses, and again I doubled checked that I wasn't fourteen or sixteen. I wanted exactly fifteen horses in the Venmo description. I'm glad you counted and understood what I was doing. God, that's good man. I just want you to know that when that one hundred dollars hit the Venmo, I wanted you to really remember those fifth fifteen. And I hope you're happy. Oh, I just depositive moved on. I hope it was worth a hundred bucks. God, I wonder what your record is right now, since like July hit, I think I've won twenty of nine or twenty one of twenty bets or something I think possibly is wrong. I think I've won twenty of twenty one bets.
Speaker 4: I think I owe somebody fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Actually, yes, I've won twenty of something like that.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's I lost just to Hawk, he lost to me, and then I won. I think I beat Hawk last week because another bet I forgot about Sam Donald was the starting quarterback week eleven. Oh, I saw that one poah two. I think I'm fifteen or seventeen? How many did I lose a bet to you? Is that what you just said?
Speaker 2: Yes? Did I pay you? I don't think so. How much is it one hundred?
Speaker 4: For? What are you lying to me?
Speaker 2: I would never lie to you about that?
Speaker 4: What was this?
Speaker 2: Sam Donald was a Donald bet? You bet you one hundred? I think so. I think so.
Speaker 6: I'll double check, but yeah, powered your best will post it also, so that one you bet on Sam Darnold's success or failure, not animals dying, and you share animals. Okay, Hey, how did that two fifty feel when you're in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Well standing?
Speaker 6: Because we also just bet a ton of money on Oregon.
Speaker 2: Great? Yeah that was it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a big win for you, big hit, good effort. Yeah, one hundred bucks. Yeah I have.
Speaker 2: Won, Yeah, twenty of twenty one. Yeah, you can't keep that. That's insane.
Speaker 6: It's got at one point. Oh, sure, but I'm going to keep gambling. I know, God, what other animals do you want to bet on? Where you would like to see their demise? Should we do dog racing and cheer for how many deaths?
Speaker 4: So my cat's got a BET's appointment on Friday to bet.
Speaker 6: I'll take the over that that it lives. Do you want to take the under no that it passes away? Mates, I don't want to pet personal pets to die.
Speaker 2: But people's keep they take care of horses, They.
Speaker 6: Groom and feed them on of whole shebang. Yeah the strip club. No, the horse that gave you you your money. That was the name of the fifteenth horse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god. Yeah, yeah, it's an all male couch.
Speaker 6: If they if they run round at Santa Anita. It kind of sucks that the fifteenth died in the middle of November. How awesome would it have been if, like December twenty fifth, we still we still were at fourteen horses and you're not just as guilty and you and I had a six day sweat because.
Speaker 2: You wanted fourteen of them to die. Cool, that's how you started gambler. He's betting on dead turtles. That's not untrue.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my friend and I used to bet on whether or not the turtle would make it across Highway eight and they never did.
Speaker 2: Never. What really matters is next. This is the Power Trip morning Chow on the fan.
Speaker 6: We all remember that one teacher who made a difference, who believed in us, challenged us, or just made learning fun.
Speaker 2: And now's your chance to say thank you in a big way.
Speaker 9: With Iheartradios, thank a teacher powered by donors, choose nominated outstanding public school teacher who's gonna buff and be on for their students to win five thousand dollars to stock their classroom with whatever they need. Help us say thank you the educators shaping our future. Nominate your favorite teacher now at iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 6: The room just got full. Ben Lever is here, Justin Gonzimius is here. Of course, Tommy Olsen is still here. Good morning, gentlemen, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Merry Christmas, Mary christ chrisay.
Speaker 6: Hey, before we move on, even though we've said it publicly delayed again, thank you Adam Weber. Last week was thanks thanks for being our booking agent and getting that done.
Speaker 4: He was super nice for being our bookie.
Speaker 2: No, you don't get a little cash, but you got on the back. That was awesome. He was great. Tommy would take that back. Oh god, he was on the head. I played password. I heard it. I am horrible. Yep, not your best performance, man.
Speaker 6: I was good at giving, so bad at receiving.
Speaker 4: Yea lay brother.
Speaker 2: No, but like zach Zacho was dialed, that played well.
Speaker 6: He was good. Yeah, passwords fun Yep. Not your best day. But it didn't matter because you booked us to Weber that morning.
Speaker 2: I was jacked up, ready to go Fargo. Flash. That's your guy too, right.
Speaker 6: I listened.
Speaker 2: I was on an organ. We listened. I thought you did well. Great guy. Yeah. So many records for the man, all of that. Oh yeah. Kind of a cowboy, Yeah he is. He's like one of those guys.
Speaker 6: That you keep looking and you're like, yeah, okay, definitely one of those.
Speaker 2: That's sick. I didn't say okay either way. Either way's fine. All right.
Speaker 6: So that's that's the quick catch up on Tommy.
Speaker 2: That's fine Benjamin, cowboy Benjamin.
Speaker 6: As you know, I'm either watching or listening to Twins that he's live almost every day.
Speaker 2: That's kind of when I prep for this show again.
Speaker 6: Get my afternoon working to make sure I can get up late and come in here at like five twenty five. Who was what a day or two ago out of nowhere, Elizabeth riscos.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 6: I was listening to the Power Trip Morning Show the other day and Chris Hockey was talking, and then she said that her son, Heathcliff, said, that's the guy that sounds like Harry from Home Alone.
Speaker 2: Right, what? So please please tell me you pulled the audio. I didn't pull the idiom Harry from Home Alone. That's what Elizabeth Reese's son thinks.
Speaker 6: So I had Zach pull audio from Harry from Home Alone.
Speaker 2: Let's see if he's nuts or not. Let's see what this is.
Speaker 4: Awesome To be clear, Harry is.
Speaker 2: That's Joe Pesci. Yeah, yeah, you got the wrong guy. He went the other way. Yep.
Speaker 6: Hold on, because Marv is Mars Daniels. I googled, or I searched Harry and it came up as that, and God knows, you have the wrong guy. Oh I did think he ever, he would even sound at all like Joe Pesci.
Speaker 10: Sandy, don't visit the funeral homes, little buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's smart and I can do a pretty good Joe Pesci, but I have to curse.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 6: But yeah, so once we get to write audio, he thinks you sound like Harry from Home Alone because you guys were doing holiday movie breakdowns, Ben, and you know she said that they watch Home Alone all the time, and that's like Heaths Heath Cliff's like go to movie, right, Yeah, he wants to watch Home Alone. And apparently Hockey is the one that sounds like Harry. He's Cliff cool, like the animated uh Cat. Yeah. I doubt that's what inspired the name.
Speaker 4: But poor Man's Garfield.
Speaker 6: That would be really strange if she named uh her her boy after the poor Man's Garfield.
Speaker 2: But you never know, No.
Speaker 4: Is that that's his that's his.
Speaker 2: Actual that's his actual name. I don't know about you. You know it might be Jo.
Speaker 6: No, you never know. I might be bluffing. So anyway, do you believe that he sounds.
Speaker 2: Like No, I don't believe.
Speaker 4: The thing.
Speaker 11: The thing that with Hawk though, is he does do a lot of inflection, and there's always like a little character built into some of the things he's saying. So maybe when he's doing some bits it sort of sounds like it.
Speaker 4: Ben. Here's my worst too, because most of the time the only person that could hear me at a football game is Ben, and I often go oh god, and I realize I have the button held down and I apologize.
Speaker 2: Or you're in the room next to him.
Speaker 4: I go like this, son of a bitch. He was wide open, like, yeah, I've heard that a few times.
Speaker 2: Is it going to change your life? If you sound exactly like one of the.
Speaker 4: Am I funny to you?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: I wish I could curse? Yeah, I guess I can't want.
Speaker 8: That's question.
Speaker 2: Does you missed the after party for swearing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Sure, that's maybe the only rest It drove us first couple of shows.
Speaker 2: People thought it was just a truth share them and a reason to swear.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah forgot yeah oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And you went on there and told some horror stories on there. Listening to that podcast, you nailed it.
Speaker 6: When we first started, it was almost like, well, nobody's going to hear a million downloads a month. Everybody heard those stories and they were filthy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's basically the same microphone. But yet we were like, oh.
Speaker 2: This is free whatever confessional.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally, man, just like the the Long Lost podcast in Vegas. That's one ever, the greatest of all.
Speaker 2: Five different Yeah, nineteen conversations.
Speaker 4: Ie, we all went from sober to upside down ice crooked in about three minutes.
Speaker 2: That was everyone shot. Yeah that was when Parish got handed an eight dollars tab. Yeah that was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that's a lot for a soft drink.
Speaker 2: Was that our twenty fifth anniversary? Well? Maybe, God, maybe that's hot.
Speaker 6: You never know, all right, So while we're getting audio to compare Chris to Joe Pesci from Home alone.
Speaker 2: You would have got a Divictorm map.
Speaker 6: That a good thing to install and not talk about the Oregon game anyway.
Speaker 2: That was a disaster. It doesn't much to talk about.
Speaker 7: I don't say, guys, best best game experience I've ever been to. I've heard everybody.
Speaker 4: I've got a thing.
Speaker 10: I've been to thirtieth stadiums.
Speaker 7: Not the game, not the fit, not the physical game on the field, but the stadium itself, the setting, the fan base.
Speaker 2: So think of a most.
Speaker 10: Games you go to, so you know it's sich between the first and.
Speaker 7: Second quarters, the chick bil A, we're kicking for chicken. No advertisements they don't need to advertise because they have so much frigging money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what I do?
Speaker 10: So they get up, it's traditional cheers and songs.
Speaker 7: Every every fans out of the seats, singing, cheering.
Speaker 10: They stand and it was it was louder than Penn State White Out.
Speaker 2: Wow. It was crazy loud. This it goes straight.
Speaker 7: They have like sixty sixty straight up though it's like a college stadium, but it's been updated so it's nice. But it's got the same like kind of concrete build to.
Speaker 2: It just look loud. Like. So the guy who next.
Speaker 7: To me goes, he goes, I was at the Oregon he was a fan of course for Oregon. He goes, I was at the organ Penn State white He goes, this is louder. And I and I and I've been to Penn State white Out too, I go.
Speaker 2: This is louder. Wow. So it was a great experience.
Speaker 7: It shows you what it could be if you can build the vision and get the fan base excited.
Speaker 2: But pocket exactly. Yeah, that's a really bucket list game you have. So we need like.
Speaker 6: What red Wing shoes to basically become one hundred dollar company.
Speaker 10: It's not just the money.
Speaker 7: They've they've I mean since I don't know, this is like twenty five years in the making, right, they recruit California, they recruit the West Coast.
Speaker 10: Well, they've done really well in the portal.
Speaker 7: You know, one of their best players is a USC kid that train I mean actually the quarterback came from UCLA. So they've done well in the portal and they have a big game this week, which we'll talk about in the next segment. But Minnesota's it's it's been a bummer because we've struggled and I thought in that game we could be more competitive and we just we weren't. It had a lot to do with Oregon, but at the same time too, we just cannot get it done in the trenches.
Speaker 10: And then last week till you saw some of the tackling issues. So it was a bummer. The game itself, okay, go play was a bummer.
Speaker 6: Back to the outside of the game. Is it more bars or is it more tailgate vibe?
Speaker 7: The stadium is actually a little bit away from campus, So you get to campus and they have a dinky town that's a little bit larger, some bars, and then you walk to the stadium and so it's probably about a two mile walk to the stadium.
Speaker 2: Everyone that far.
Speaker 10: It's a little far.
Speaker 7: Golfurts on the tailgating at the stadium though, like parro yes, ok, yeah, so we're like.
Speaker 2: It was actually a pretty good Minister drink. Yep.
Speaker 7: The food was amazing at the stadium and it was cheap four dollars hot dogs to two dollars fifty cents for pretzels.
Speaker 2: But they don't care.
Speaker 4: Don't care.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and everyone, even though it was a blowout, everyone stayed through the third quarter to fourth quarter because that's when they do the animal house thing.
Speaker 2: Did you dance? I dance?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 2: It had that's fun.
Speaker 7: That's where they filmed that college. It was really cool. I mean it's now. I don't think Organs an elite team. That's why I think this week is a really interesting matchup. I think they're good, but Indiana Ohio State by far the best of the Big Ten. You can see that Organ's got the speed, but it's not the Organs.
Speaker 2: They're a little clunky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's the Oregon play this week?
Speaker 2: Game day? Game day? Orgon this year?
Speaker 7: And if the Big Ten wants three teams in the college football playoff. This it's one of these two teams I like in an Oregon because then it's nighttime when game day stay.
Speaker 2: It's the best. But he's still there. And yeah, McAfee is on fire.
Speaker 7: Green and yellow everywhere there green, green, green is everywhere, and there's so much of course, there's there's so much great gear.
Speaker 2: I bought cad stuff. You had to. It's the gears too great. We had to.
Speaker 10: I mean it's it is, really.
Speaker 7: But the food, the fans, it was just like it was crazy. I mean, mascot and I guess my expectations were fairly low, and that's what that's probably why I was just like, I mean we were looking at like, wow, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: Actually there's a woman next to me. Guys.
Speaker 7: She brought in the tupperware of cookies into the game, into the game and she goes half her handed on. Yeah, and honestly, I don't know, I don't know if we went through metal protection.
Speaker 2: I don't think we did. That's a terrible idea. Honestly, it was old school. It was just like West.
Speaker 11: Coast, so high tech that it's like just built in a reap from a baby.
Speaker 2: Pull your hands up. The cookie Lady would Hawk totally the Power Trip Morning Show. After this, the fifth.
Speaker 9: Kfan and the Vikings are teaming up for Toys for Tots. Join us live at Cheles and Ian Prairie on Tuesday, December second, from five thirty am until six thirty pm for our annual broadcast presented by Unreal. We're going toy spread some joint.
Speaker 6: If you're one of the first fifty donor seat show, you'll score a sweet Kfan Unreal Winter any Let's got details at kfean dot com, slash toys.
Speaker 4: That's right, baby, that's right.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man.
Speaker 4: And fun, fun, fun, and uh we're gonna talk some college football here momentary line tell ya. But I want to say thanks to Foster Adopted Minnesota who had me come speak at their event actually virtually on Tuesday. That was a lot of fun. I hope you enjoyed that. And then the Minnesota Association of Farm Mutual Insurance Companies had me yesterday doing my mental health speech. So thank you guys for having me, and I hope you enjoyed it and I hope it hope it help. Patri Morico, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Dude, how was the virtual bit?
Speaker 4: It was harder than I expect, yeah, because it was just me talking to a computer, right, Yeah, no feedback at all exactly. Yep. That was tough. But but you know, I think it went pretty well and I got I have my presentation pretty much down now. I feel like I know what the point is going to be, and I get there pretty well, and I think it's okay. I think it's good. I'm I'm getting better at it each time. Yeah, but that was tough. Man, talking to the computer screen and not being able to see anybody's reactions, and the whole time, you're like, I wonder if anybody at all is is caring about this, But I got a great reaction.
Speaker 2: He Drew's a communications major at Bethel.
Speaker 7: He's in a second year, and I'm I find it interesting to go through the material, so I'm trying to figure out when did virtual meeting. I think of the COVID as the point that we're really sure zoom. In his textbooks, it's there's chapters of chapters of how to drive effectiveness with virtual meetings and teams.
Speaker 11: Really well, I'm sure they adapted pretty quickly when they saw this is what we're this is the new normal, right Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and just the idea about building social relationships and engagement. I mean, you know, in a team environment like a speech with hockey, you missed the feedback. I mean ninety percent of communications body language completely, so you didn't miss all it. Like I'm sure they are all excited to hear your speech. You have no idea.
Speaker 10: You're just not seeing facial expressions.
Speaker 4: And that is the tough thing because as you guys, you've known me a long time. All of you have known me a long time. If you're not having a good time, I'm going to work my ass off until you do, you know what I mean. And so not knowing what the reaction is on the other side, that was tougher. But I just had to take a deep breath. I always have to get myself to slow down to I don't know if you guys ever do that when you're doing to talk, but I have to get myself to say, relax, you're telling a story, people, don't you know, it's not the micro machines.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: You take a deep breath, and it's like the hardest because that's usually naturally happens when they laugh.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: No, that would be a hell of a speaker, the micromachines guy. She still just John Mashida?
Speaker 2: Is that his name?
Speaker 4: I can't believe you remember?
Speaker 6: How do you know that it's something like that John something. I think it's like Mahida or Tashida.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 11: While you look that up. The cool thing about the virtual reality speeches, though, is that you know the trick.
Speaker 2: Anyway, go on, your memory is working.
Speaker 11: The cool thing is, like, you know, they always tell people public speakers like just imagine you know these people are like naked or whatever, right, try to like normalize it or like, you know, put them in a different category, but virtually they probably really are naked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 6: The hard thing for Chris is only when he's talking to the computer. It's like, get your hands stuck out of you couch, Jesus, how did.
Speaker 2: You get the dryer? Step up? Tell me this house? Well don't you?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, right though, because what happens is you get you get so comfortable in your day and you've gotten so used to it. I had a meeting two years ago, an early morning meeting, and you know some people are at their like in their desk, you know, in the office or in their home office, on a team's meeting or zoom whatever it is. And the dude was at home taking the call, and he's on his phone and he did not know he had his video on. Oh and he's in the bathroom getting ready.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Pete, you're your camera's on. It was gonna get bad below the bel God, I remember when those first came out. I would I would always just take him in bed all the time, totally.
Speaker 8: You would.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my god, speaking of a zoom taking the zoom calls. But what was you going to do?
Speaker 4: Tommy? Your camera's on? B why do you have all those tissues?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did have a gentleman tell me yesterday, by the way, to make sure that you knew Corey, that that I'm funnier than you, and that right now while he's listening to the show, he's probably pooping. Those are the two things he told me to tell.
Speaker 2: You how to tell poop.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 6: Wow, what a great edition to the show. That was, like, there you go, you're a nice guy. Yeah, yeah, he said, I let you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your dad said, you know there was a vote.
Speaker 4: I said, thanks Rosie.
Speaker 6: Oh hey, speaking of a vote. What an accidental nice segue. Before we talk. I know we keep delaying it flash, but hang out.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 6: I know this website is just trying to get clicks. But somebody from this website sent you and I an email. Chris, did you see this? Do you see the email? You know what I'm talking about. They sent it to you and me yesterday. There's a thing called the sixty four, a website called the sixty four and they do like a bracket for all these random different things. Well, the one that they're currently doing is best sports talk radio podcast in America. And they have sixty four national shows or big shows, sure, and they're gonna square them off and find out what the best sports talk slash podcast in the country is.
Speaker 2: Let's win that sucker.
Speaker 6: The Power Trip is in and in round one we're taking on Petros and Money.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got them. Who were they out of LA? I think in California exactly? Papadakis. So, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 6: Out of the sixty four sports talk podcasts, three of.
Speaker 2: Them are from KFA.
Speaker 6: An oh boy, oh oh, cor why do you bring this up?
Speaker 2: This could be bad. Three of the sixty four are from KFA.
Speaker 6: And by the way, like our friend Ben Mallers taken on Chris mad Dog Russo Ben Mallers in the top sixty four. Sixty four seed it somehow it doesn't look like if somebody seated it, but it doesn't look like they have numbers attached.
Speaker 2: We're just all in different regions. Pas got to be one of the three.
Speaker 4: I hadn't imagine that we missed the list. We don't ever do anything with we did.
Speaker 6: We're taking on Petro some money, and then we would take on the winner of Evan and Tiki or The Morning Show with with.
Speaker 2: I assume Boomer a siasin who knows it?
Speaker 12: I think, so, yeah, there we're in the same We're in the same division as Ben Maller, Mad Dog, Petro, some money, Dusty cow to anyway, so.
Speaker 2: What do we guess?
Speaker 6: So there are three KFE and shows in the top sixty four and I go, so the Power to Morning Show A. Paul Allen did make it. Paul Allen is taking on hang on please Paul Allen in Round one has the Herd with Colin Cower.
Speaker 2: Fan Outdoors did not make it. Great Guests though, Great Guys Video Games Weekly Video Games.
Speaker 6: We did not make the top sixty four Sturdays a saucy fan indoors smoker after dark. No, these are all good guesses. In round one, something called Karsh and Anderson. Yeah yeah, Corsh takes on the common man.
Speaker 2: Dan, So you're did not make it Common?
Speaker 4: I am a p one for the Dan Burrero show. I cannot believe that did not make it and we did. I don't think he does more sports than one show than we do in.
Speaker 2: Four weeks in a month, for sure. No, not in the top.
Speaker 4: I bet Abbot's glad you brought this up.
Speaker 6: So you guys, Pa and Common made it, didn't Yeah, something called the sixty four. Anyway, we're taking on Petros and money. Let's uh, let's just destroy it. Vote you want to vote for Brakistan the party.
Speaker 2: We don't have that anymore day Sunday. No, I don't think it starts on Sunday. The voting we'll get let's get it up there, let's let's have it all. Yeah, let's win this thing. What if? What if we did something huge with it? I mean, look in Vegas again. All of the big names.
Speaker 6: Are on here, right, Jim Rome, pardon my take, Steven A. Bill Simmons or McAfee Heights. First, take there, they're all on here. Yeah, Rosen Sports Monday. Everybody's what what's that about?
Speaker 2: Levatar? Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 6: Anyway, we're gonna win, So take that, Petros and money the sixty four?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 10: So when you read through those core do you know most of the people like can you hear it?
Speaker 2: I would say I know seventy percent.
Speaker 6: These are big national names, most of them national talk shows.
Speaker 2: Most of them are national sixty four.
Speaker 6: If you guys got invited to like, uh, like a conference or something in Vegas for like new we have to go, you know what I mean, like new technology for radio and all that stuff for like vendors iss LDU, you guys should do that, so wee should put that on you guys find the list.
Speaker 11: You guys find the speaking speaking of Vegas right on the very the very front of the page. Best Sandwich in Vegas vote, Oh god, I assume it's going to be.
Speaker 4: Earl of Sandwich Meatballs flood.
Speaker 2: Do you recognize the local? The local? What did you say that?
Speaker 7: What's a big what's a big local one that you would say, Oh yeah, that is that a Dallas station.
Speaker 2: Battle in Sylvia. Isn't that Chicago.
Speaker 6: That is that's taking on Dan Patrick and round one and then the winner would take on the winner of Paul Allen and Colin Coward.
Speaker 2: Dave Softy Mallers. Yeah, the bracket. I heard Seattle. I was in Baltimore this week.
Speaker 7: I thought, you know, hockey, you probably see this in ben It's interesting when you fly into the other another market. I forget this because I'm more of a visible person. You know how far apart the Washington Stadium is versus Baltimore's No. Twenty nine miles. I mean, it's the when you listen to sports radio there, it's almost confused, like there's so much there's so many teams that they could possibly talk about, and so it's it's interesting to me, like, think of if we had another NFL's team away, it'd be crazy, Like think of the focus on the Vikings and all that.
Speaker 2: It's just there's so much.
Speaker 6: NHL team in Minneapolis, and we can have two NHL teams.
Speaker 2: This market could sustained that because seaking, of which there's ridiculous stuff about this.
Speaker 11: Pro volleyball super pumped about pro volleyball.
Speaker 2: Come here, but.
Speaker 6: Handle I mean Tommy handled too, not volleyball teams.
Speaker 2: They're both female girl yes, sorry, really both that.
Speaker 10: We have two pro women volleyball How many total?
Speaker 2: Fifty? Oh, way less, way less than that. But you guys, Minnesota is a hotbed for volleyball. Makes sense. No, that's that's why one of them would work really well.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like it would probably sell out whatever venue that they I mean.
Speaker 2: As long as it was not like a huge venue, but like interest, But thank you, I don't know. I think it's stupid.
Speaker 6: By the way, I just clicked on our in the Bracken on the sixty four. I just clicked on the description of The Power Trip. Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, Ryan Donalds, and check this out.
Speaker 6: The Power Trip is a high energy sports talk show delivering bold opinions, lively debates, and engaging conversations. Host cover the latest games, news, and hot topics with humor inside an unfiltered commentary, keeping listeners entertained and informed.
Speaker 2: That's your boiler flight statement. Due thank you.
Speaker 3: That's the nicest way of saying what we do, because I would.
Speaker 2: Say I would say we do ten percent of what that just said. Ten percent. Yeah, he's getting his butt pounded in that's what we getting his his butt pounded in Sports Tommy's think about this.
Speaker 6: Let's say we just obliterate Petro some money and out of curiosity, like what show did we lose to?
Speaker 2: And they're gonna flip on the part.
Speaker 3: We lost to this garbage beat us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 6: Fly in a different sports show and just never realize what's going to happen in this bracket.
Speaker 11: If we do win the next two we face go on, we could face off against Common man best.
Speaker 2: What about third point? That's a good point.
Speaker 6: If we win against Petro some money and then beat either Evan and Tiky in the Morning show with Boomer and Common beats carsh and Anderson Law Firm and the winner of whatever the Pivot podcast and Zolac and bertrand Is.
Speaker 2: Tom's got an easier path.
Speaker 6: All you gotta do is beat carsh and Anderson and the winner of the Pivot podcast and Zolac and Burtrak.
Speaker 2: Come on, Carson's got a cake walk.
Speaker 4: Just signed Carshon Anderson Show a quarterback contract.
Speaker 2: I think we could bet on this. We should be I mean, come on, I see yeah, Pat gets it.
Speaker 6: Anything else about big balls rose in Sports Monday, didn't make the top sixty four.
Speaker 2: Hey Pat Kesser, what did Tommy ask for it for Christmas? Big balls? Anyway, best of luck to the cafe. And that's sick. I wonder if we win money. If that happens, I don't think I doubt it. It's radio, but we should. Why don't we put it on everything?
Speaker 6: So PA has got Colin Coward, we have petros and money in comments taken on carsh and Anderson as all right, macho.
Speaker 2: Do you think Avat wants me to keep bringing up those three names now?
Speaker 4: I mean you just made his day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, calm and good luck against Carshon andss not in the top sixty four. It's Pa and Colin Coward in round one and the again the Pips taking petros and money.
Speaker 2: Stop encouraging tough loss. Last week, he's out, oh.
Speaker 8: Many significant injury sound scary injury. Scary they had an injury ear in that game. I hope that kids, all right? I think he is sounds like yeah, scary, terrible.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: Finally we'll talk uh college football and go for football and all that kind of stuff when we get back, because we're sports talk, right, I mean when we come back. We're going to have high energy sports talk with bold opinions, lively debates, engaging conversations. We're going to cover the latest games, news, and hot topics were with as much humor, insight, and unfiltered commentary as possible. That's what we do on the Powers of Morning Joe, keeping listeners entertained and informed informed.
Speaker 4: We do about stuff.
Speaker 2: Some stuff, yeah, yeah, hurts, but stuff.
Speaker 6: Tommy Olsen is here, Ben Lever is here, The Fargo flashes here.
Speaker 2: This is the power trip. Won't he joined the fan