Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you, Yeah, follow.
Speaker 3: The Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: Buenosz Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
Speaker 2: Jemmy you s Petros and Money flex back to two because it is Game one of the World Series tonight on your Home of the World Series, on your Home of the World Series, Champion Dodgers AM five to seventy LA Sports. First pitch from the Galpin Motors broadcast booth from Trey Y Savage of the Blue Jays will be at five eight pm. Blake Snell will follow in the bottom of the inning, trying to extend his incredible postseason performance thus far against the Reds, Phillies and Brewers, dominant in each of his starts, exactly why he signed with the Dodgers in the first place, for this very moment tonight. Pe If he does not get a second start in the World Series, will Blake Snell make history as he has already made history in each of his previous starts. The only place to find out is right here on your home of the Dodgers A five seventy LA Sports and it's Blake.
Speaker 4: Snell versus Yay Savage, and it's happening tonight in a foreign country, Canada, and David Vassy will join us in an hour from now, and we will get the latest from what's going on with the Dodgers Game one of the World Series. Every pitch, every inhale, every xhal, every crack of the bat you will hear right here. And our extensive coverage is brought to you by Strauss Tim Kates with scam this morning, chopping it up with the mayor from the MLB Network having a great time with Steve Sachs, the Saxy Dancer. You'll have Marongo casino, Dodgers on deck starting at four, he's provided to a barbecue that starts at four, and then, like you said, Matt, five oh eight, first pitch from that guy, yay Savage.
Speaker 2: Where you're gonna watch the game, Kates?
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna be at the kook.
Speaker 2: I got multiple options, Matt, where I figured you're a popular man around town. Everybody wants to host of scam and Dodgers on deck at their World Series watch party on a Friday night. I'd like to.
Speaker 5: Think that, but the only places I really have to watch it are the studio with Colin Ye, which is a good option. It's a good option because Tim Conway comes over during the breaks and watches the.
Speaker 6: Game with dogs.
Speaker 4: See that big dog?
Speaker 6: Hey, look at that bad that guy release from the battery.
Speaker 3: Well, oh.
Speaker 2: I can go.
Speaker 4: You can't hit it? Candy? Who Dominican fella?
Speaker 6: How did he get here?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: They have the viewing party at the house that we're gonna have with the family.
Speaker 2: They have friends coming over, girls got friends coming over and wipe out people coming over? Like what kind of party were talking at?
Speaker 4: Another big night for the sady lady.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, because later tonight they're actually going over to Glendale College for a village Christian football at senior Night, so the athletic trainers are getting.
Speaker 6: Recognized as well, so she's gonna get reconized.
Speaker 4: Just a jam packed night for the host of scam, no rest for the weary, but.
Speaker 5: Don khu goes there is always an option. Let's Seeah, that's what we're talking about. What's the what's the largest TV at Don Kucko's. How big would you say.
Speaker 2: That, Matt?
Speaker 5: It's probably about out of fifty inches.
Speaker 4: I think you feel like you're right on the fifty yard line, like the Beach's restaurant.
Speaker 5: In brew house, there's one, two, three, four. I think there's five TVs in the bar.
Speaker 4: In the bar, Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: I get right, I.
Speaker 5: Get right in the corner corner booth. It's about five to six. Can really stretch out if there's only the two of us.
Speaker 4: I believe that was a Tim Conways story the other day. He came in and told uh Don McClean and I I believe really that he was at Don Cucko's and every TV had something on. None of them had the Clipper game on, even though it's La Ding Dog.
Speaker 2: We can all get behind that though, right.
Speaker 4: Ry, we absolutely can. It's fine with me. Uh it's a frog man Friday. Oh wait wait, wait, wait wait wait what it's a flex alert. It's two o'clock. A lot of people with a lot of superstition. I heard a guy called scamp. I mean.
Speaker 2: Two o'clock. It's to a heart's too hard the people it's it's not tune, it's noon.
Speaker 4: It's Ronnie. Let's Ronnie. Let's see what he has loaded.
Speaker 3: Up hopeful music at noon.
Speaker 4: I heard it this morning and he was like, I don't really have anything to say, but I've called the other days and the Dodgers have one s calling today. So a lot of people try to get a lot of things done as far as their superstitions go, trying to keep the same routine, try to stay above water, ahead of the sharks, and by sharks. I meet Canadians and the Toronto Blue Jays who have it out for your Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they're in the World Series, right.
Speaker 4: They want to beat them. They don't want to just be there and lose. They want to beat the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: They want to win. They believe that they will win.
Speaker 4: They do I don't know why. I can't tell you what their innermost thoughts are, but I can tell you that they're hopeful too, so we can counteract their hopefulness with our own hopeful music at noon.
Speaker 2: At two seven.
Speaker 3: Correct for shame.
Speaker 4: Just because we've had a few very cavalier shows that started at noon the other day doesn't mean we sniffed that out very often well.
Speaker 2: And also frogman stuff. You know, we do have that flex alert sounder.
Speaker 4: It is a Frogman Friday, Frogman, frog Man Frogmen. Is that flyball or is it a seagull prog man coming in up the lake progman just to catch again? Progman On a frog Man Friday. We celebrate lakes, rivers and the sea mostly to the man. The Pacific Ocean keeps us in awe and in fear or it is large and dangerous, and there are people that protect this product, like the close Guard and the lifeguards, and the Navy, and the police, the harbor Patrol, and of course the greatest protector of all time from the show Sea Hunt character played by Lloyd Bridges. We're talking about Mike Nels.
Speaker 7: The covenor San Diego. We were giving the midgets of a real workout. Bill was developing it to sell of the Navy. He'd done a good job with its silent electric motor. It could carry two men equipped with diving lungs about fifteen miles at a fair speed. It still had some flaws. The doors designed for quick escape and emergencies were sometimes opened by changes and pressure, and the controls weren't perfect yet. I enjoyed helping Bill, especially as I could see the value of the small craft for surprise attacks and secret missions. Not that I intended to go on any I figured those days were in the.
Speaker 4: Past for me.
Speaker 7: I thought that we were testing the subsecretly, but I was mistaken.
Speaker 4: Todd Light's thirteen to five. What are you nuts? We still got to take that Florida man. You know what that's like these days.
Speaker 8: You got the Navy everywhere, You got frogmen, you got the EC twos with the satellite tracking, you got the bell two nine AsSalt choppers up the ass.
Speaker 4: We're losing one out of every nine loads.
Speaker 3: That's no dunck walk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about money.
Speaker 4: What do you suggest that's reasonable? That was the great dodger, pa Man Todd Light, So be on the Mic at the World Series on Monday for Game three. We'll be there and the greatest organist that was ever known to any sports arena ever playing Sea Lab on a Frogman Friday. It's dita room.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know you asked, uh, you asked Tim Kats Matt, where is he gonna watch the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like, well, I have a man.
Speaker 4: He's like, I have a choice. You know, it's either my young Asian friend or my family.
Speaker 2: Colin. Ye, well do you want a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Have to fly all the way to Thailand have their young Asian friend keep them coming instead of their family? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't want anybody to find out about it.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying it sounds like, you know, my young Newbile friend.
Speaker 2: It does, however, seem like, hey, where's so he's in Thailand? Yeah, and you're not with him. No, he likes to himself.
Speaker 4: He's in Vietnam. He goes once a year, is that right? Yeah? Well what else does he like to do? Well, you know he's out there, he looks at the mines, he checks out the old minefield.
Speaker 2: Okay, seems a little dangerous, That's what he says. That's why I can't go. Yeah, that's very dangerous.
Speaker 4: Not for me. It's too hot in the Mosquitos. Uh now, man, I do have I guess this is a self report because I want to apologize, uh, not to you, of course, but to Ronnie Fossler's I want to apologize to Ronnie Fossio. We've made fun of, well, we've made fun of Ronnie for a long time, about upsetting Ronnie. About uh, Ronnie upsetting Don mcclan who was in yesterday for four hours while you called the Chargers victory over the Indianapolis or excuse me, the Vikings. Yeah, they'd be They beat the Vikings. The Colts beat them a few days back, and then the Chargers got right back at it and then decidedly beat the Vikings, which would mean, of course the Vikings would beat the Colts. Works that way, but anyway, but it does though. That's the thing. I just hate to say this because Don McClain our bff, a basketball icon at home and abroad. Uh. I mean it's not just Ronnie that he side steps and trips up, you know, into the hole embankment covered with ice plant. You go tumbling into it because the questioning, you know, the questioning of you while you're trying to do the show and keep it together. And and he did it to Ronnie. And we always, you know, we've had we've poked fun at him.
Speaker 9: Do we have that sound righting shotgun for the next couple of days?
Speaker 6: Wait, Ronnie, how is the state allowed to have two official songs?
Speaker 9: I don't know, Don, That's that's what I read. What's the other one? I don't know and didn't care. It's immaterial for this particular segment of the show.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Ronnie, I was just curious.
Speaker 4: Now, I gotta be honest, like, you know, it's not funny when it happens to you. You know, Don's out there asking everybody questions like the red baron and just stamping it, you know, up just stamping the thing on the side.
Speaker 2: Man, you know what, the people are curious, Don.
Speaker 4: The curious little monkey. Uh, you know you do the fun fact, Matt, But I do it if you're out because it's sponsored by Concordia University, Irvine Masterson Coaching Podcast number ninety thousand Coaching. Yeah, and I had a fun fact about the very first pro hoops game, the very first professional basketball game ever played. Was in the mid forties, and it was in Toronto versus the Knicks. And I'm not writing a book about it, but I'm telling you the fun fact. And this guy, Aussi Stutsman or whatever hit the first basket in pro basketball history. And Don's like, well, what league was that? I know, it's not the NBA. What league is it? So you know you have to stop and look at it. Well, Kate's humor's down and does like you know, it does like a Kate's dance and kills time. You got to stop and look it up, you know. And it happened all four hours probing, ask questions, and Ronnie wore the sting of that one, you know, the about the Colorado State song. That's what he read, and how they're allowed to have two lest we forget, play that one again. I mean, that's very strong. That's a great example of what Don.
Speaker 9: Does writing Shotgun for the next couple of days.
Speaker 6: Wait, Ronnie, how is the state allowed to have two official songs?
Speaker 9: I don't know, Don, That's that's what I read. What's the other one? I don't know and didn't care. It's immaterial for this particular segment of the show.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Ronnie, I was just curious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ronnie didn't look up the other one down and he didn't have time to look it up in that moment, And we always looked like wankers and clowns. Here's me yesterday, trying to do the fun. Fact was played in Toronto, of all places, between the Toronto Huskies and of course the New York Knickerbockers at Maple Leaf Gardens in nineteen forty six on November one.
Speaker 6: What was the league at that point?
Speaker 4: Do you know? It wasn't the NBA, They were different leagues. Yeah, it was the Uh it was the Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why I asked too many questions on the show. You know, it's a very good question, Don, there's the Kates dance. Great question, Don. I like the way you ask all these questions.
Speaker 4: It was the.
Speaker 5: BAA I like your sponsor, Petros.
Speaker 4: Damn it?
Speaker 6: Why I asked too many questions on this.
Speaker 4: Curious down the curious monkey tired of it? Some of them the mid range curiosity.
Speaker 2: You know, Don, that's what I read.
Speaker 9: I don't know, Don, that's that's what I read. What's the other one? I don't know and didn't care. It's immaterial for this particular segment.
Speaker 2: Of the show, I don't know and didn't care.
Speaker 4: Plus the fact that he stole my Dodgers In five prediction, which was my college whip around propped at back.
Speaker 2: Well that's everybody's prediction.
Speaker 4: No no, Fred said Dodgers in six. Okay, Well Fred's an idiot, so he does not allow to pick.
Speaker 5: Let's not forget when I did an impression for it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's this is my favorite. I've been asking this for this for weeks.
Speaker 5: It was during a den of Live Guy while you were gone in Brazil. Matt and I wrote one and it was for an English person I believe. I don't remember who it was for, but here's a little bit of that.
Speaker 6: Dade seventeen won a talent show on an Australian TV show called Sing Actually Mate. It was called Sing Sing Sing. Yeah. Wow, that's terrible, Tim, Yeah, that was timp Please.
Speaker 2: I thought it was all right, Tim, you got the maid in there.
Speaker 4: Just the Tim, Tim, Please, I need that to be the plea please.
Speaker 9: Tim, please, Matt, your turn's coming, right.
Speaker 2: I think the difference with me, Ronnie is I just answer it without having a clue and well yeah Mary, and then we just move on.
Speaker 4: I would have said that Matt just makes something up and that just ignores with somebody athletes.
Speaker 2: I mean, if he asked me, what is that CBA Canadian Basketball Association. Of course, so anyway in nineteen forty one, that's not true that I don't care.
Speaker 4: Tim, Please, So it is time for Dodger fan Fair. It's time to get excited.
Speaker 2: Didn't care.
Speaker 4: I don't know, and I didn't care.
Speaker 9: It's not I don't know, don that's uh, that's what I read. What's the other one? I don't know and didn't care. It's immaterial for this particular segment.
Speaker 6: Of the show.
Speaker 4: So it's time. It's time to get the beat cannon this celebration. We'll get the curious down the New York knickerbockers at Maple Leaf Gardens in nineteen forty six on November one.
Speaker 6: What was the league at that point? Do we know it wasn't the NBA?
Speaker 4: They were different leagues. Yeah, it was the Uh see, I try to do a mad thing. Damn it?
Speaker 6: Why I asked too many questions on this show.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a very good question, don damn it? Why do you so?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to get that in everybody's heads, curious Dawn, the curious little monkey. It's not I'm sorry, Ronnie, it's not just you that gets stumped by the schwab or whatever. So Don McClain, so.
Speaker 9: Petros, are we gonna also play that one on continuous loop?
Speaker 4: Which one done? It's not as good, you know what?
Speaker 2: It really Isn't it really is?
Speaker 6: You know why?
Speaker 9: Because it was the first one. I was really kind like, please.
Speaker 4: It's not the first one, but it's the first one where somebody pushed back. You know, for years we've just tried to accommodate these questions. Oh you know, but you're not a seven year old, don You don't get to just ask questions all day long. But anyway, it's time. Too many questions, Yeah, I say time, it's time to jerk the wheel and get ready for great sports talk. Supporting our partners, the LA Dodgers in the World Series Championship and in their World Series Championship endeavors an epic time in history to be a Doyer type and that's certainly us as we are your do your station. But standing in the way is the great White North, the Holsers of Canada, which I learned yesterday has one million more people than we do in California.
Speaker 2: It's a whole cut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know, so being the Petrosen White, I'm too stupid. Thank god somebody asked me the question.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: The Petrosen Money World Series coverage twenty twenty five really starts today as we have Game one, and we'll be right back with the top story of the day. David Vassa will join us in the second hour and we will have everything you need going forward. Yay Savage versus Blake Snell. David Vasse excited that it's Snell Bump day. Tim Kaite's been snorting bumps for three weeks.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, you yack hid.
Speaker 4: The Chargers won. Matt's in a good mood, great mood. Ronnie's exonerated by attacking our six foot ten guest host years ago.
Speaker 2: Don't know and didn't care.
Speaker 4: So we'll be back with more petros and money on AMPI seventy LA Sports, your home of the defending World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports a preset on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App using Apple CarPlay or Android Autumn road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Hoddle everybody, what's cracking and welcome back. It's Petro saying money. Live on AM five seventy LA Sports. You're home of the Dodgers and we've got World Series action tonight. People have been patient, they have waited, and the action is now on your doorstep, right here on AM five seventy LA Sports, your home of the La Dodgers taking on the Toronto Blue Jays tonight. Blake Snell is on the mound and right now the voice of the Bolts back from calling the game yesterday on KFI Matt Smith with the Top story of the day, Top Story of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not easy, you know, that's the bottom line. This was not easy. Yes, the Dodgers are in the World Series. They made it there by sweeping the Brewers, I, knocking off the Phillies in just four games, and making easy work of the Reds. They won nine of ten. It looks like domination. It looks like they're making the playoffs a procession. But that's really just recency bias.
Speaker 4: It is per Sassonal playoffs.
Speaker 2: That's what it's been thus far, right, ten games, nine wins.
Speaker 4: So if you felt like the Dodgers were dominant and you've just been watching the playoffs this year, you'd be right.
Speaker 2: However, it clouds the picture of what this season was. It was quite simply the most trying regular season of this thirteen year run that the Dodgers have dominated, winning the division every single year save one when they booked one hundred and six wins but came in second place to the Giants, and they're one hundred and seven wins the only time they didn't win the divisional crown. This has been the toughest go even though prior to the season, like so many seasons before, it was projected that this could be a one hundred and twenty win ball club. They get out to an eight and zero start, we think maybe it's a one sixty two and zero year. But it was Freddy dealing with an ankle. It was Mookie Bets playing shortstop is selfish. Maybe he's chasing an individual award, an MVP award, and he can't get it in right field. He's got to get it at shortstop. Then it's Mookie and enduring a sickness that took him months to get over, lost fifteen pounds, and then three months of whatever. His slump was saved by David Vasse he was. I mean, the conversation around Mooky in twenty twenty five was, oh wow, it wasn't oh the Dodgers can afford all this stuff. It's Dodgers really stepped in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got fifteen more years of this on a contract.
Speaker 2: You're dealing with this. Oh man, not even the Dodger's going to be able to handle this kind of hit. That's what it was until Mookie said he had to ignore the Mookie Bets season and just being Mookie Bets every single day moving forward and in doing so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on Mookie bet season, he was all kinds of different things. Yeah, he was Marlon Wayne's one day, he was Tommy Mottola one day, he was all kinds of different people.
Speaker 2: Now, speaking of now, it wasn't glass now, it was glass not now all season long.
Speaker 4: That's right, Matt. You went in with a pair of tweezers and you took thenot out of glass glass.
Speaker 2: It was the mound is too wet in Philadelphia, not being able to finish starts or even get into the fourth or fifth inning.
Speaker 4: I had the worst cramps all week.
Speaker 2: We played the Chazz cramp sound bite repeatedly for what was plaguing Glass. Now this year it was Blake Snell showing up. Listen in to David Vass say, strutting like a rooster.
Speaker 4: Let me walk in like a rooster.
Speaker 2: About Blake Snell and how snell Zilla is exactly what the Dodgers needed, and almost exactly in the moment when he said it, the dude was gone, just see you later. No snell Zilla for like three months. And then after winning the that woman with the eyes that are spaced so far apart on her head in Chicago, with the nose piercing brook I believe is her name.
Speaker 4: You use a different name every time, but I think it's pretty though, Gina. Last time, but that lady, the Cubs fan lady, she cried, she's marry saltry Matt very.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why the people like they like. They like her sports takes, not because they're great sports takes, but because they're sultry sports takes. She was almost in tears when the Dodgers signed Roki Sasaki, screaming it's not fair. Why do they get to half everything? Why can't the Cubs have Roki Sasaki? Why can't the Padres or the Yankees or the Mets have Roki Sasaki? Why must it be the Dodgers only to have Roki Sasaki barely pitch.
Speaker 4: I think it's a guy. It's Bri Bri Bridle.
Speaker 2: Sultry Bri.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of.
Speaker 2: So that's what it was when he signed. And then it became, oh no, he's having an emotional moment on the bench, and we think, probably this guy just needs a year. Let's shut him down for the year. It's too much for him. This is a lot. And we heard all about coming over from Japan and how even though Yamamota was only twenty five, he's still because of the multiple years in professional baseball and the two Japanese. Sai Young is a little bit of a different situation than Roki, and let's just, you know, support the young man, and let's chalk up twenty twenty five to uh a developmental year and he'll be ready to go in twenty twenty six max months. He's leg got Joe Feisman on an errant throw to third base to the point that we didn't think he was gonna play again this season.
Speaker 4: It did fly to that.
Speaker 2: Prior to that, p couldn't see.
Speaker 4: He was blind as a bat up thing.
Speaker 2: I'm blind. It's like wow, like.
Speaker 4: John Claude Van Dam when the win Oh Seung Lee, you put the powder in his eyes.
Speaker 2: I mean that was like two months. You had like a month of max months he can't hit, and then he shows up with some glasses, like six weeks into the season, starts raking, and then his leg gets broken in half and he's getting Byron left witched off the field, and then all of a sudden, he's back to asker. Hernandez hit one nine in June, two thirty in July, and two eleven in August, averaged just three home runs per month that whole time. And on top of all of that, well, let's do this one first. We got all these bullet points. This team had the worst bullpen era in baseball. Tanner, Scott Bust, Kirby Yates, Bust, Blake Trinen washed up. They needed to be rescued by dudes like EMMITTS. Sheehan who was coming off in elbow surgery, Tony Gonsolin, the Catman coming off some other surgery landing knack lost a bunch of weight. Put it back on. It was losing well before this as a team. As a team, the Dodgers from July third until September sixth, this is not like a two week slump. July third until September sixth posted a twenty two and thirty two record ten games under five hundred over two plus months, certainly the worst of any playoff bound team. They were talked about as essentially being done a favor by the Mets complete collapse, otherwise they might miss the playoffs altogether. They end up losing first place in the division, the latest we've seen save that one year with the Giants when they were still on pace to have the best record in baseball in over a decade, when the Padres decided to bring the heat late in the season, only for what to happen for the team to finish in third and then be questioned as to they don't get to buy now. You got to bring in extra games, and you got to use your arms for the wild card, And even if you beat the.
Speaker 4: Reds, no one thought they could beat Philly.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, I'd rather I would have I think I think the Padres might have tanked it.
Speaker 4: All these said here on the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, all of these things. Tim Kates me, I don't know what's going on. Tim Kates, and I looking at it, Shurether going, you know what, I think that's a good plan. I think I'd much rather go to Chicago face Cubs and then go to Milwaukee. I don't want to deal with the Phillies. All of those things happened this year. It was the exact opposite of what it has been. This entire stretch of domination, if it's a word of dynastical domination by the Dodgers in the regular season, has been exactly that. The playoffs is where our hearts were in our throats. The playoffs is where our butttholes were puckered so tight we didn't think we'd use the restroom for a week. But it was the exact opposite. For whatever reason, this year, a twenty two to thirty one stretch over two plus months, one of the worst records in baseball is what this team dealt with this regular season. Not to mention that litany of issues that they faced from spring training and Freddy's ankle not being ready all the way through the end of September, when Kirby Yeates and his thirteen million dollars was a bust In Tanner Scott did not look like he was going to be able to contribute one bit in the postseason. To do what to make easy work of the Reds, to make relatively even though they were stressful victories. Easy work of the Phillies went in both in Philadelphia and in four games overall. I guess I shouldn't say easy work. Those Philly games were tight. They were pretty gnarly. They get your heart pounding a little bit, might need a drink or three. And then to make easy work of the Brewers. And here we are on the World Series because of their nine to one record, and everybody forgets about all the challenges that this team faced and how unlikely this run looked for a good portion of the season, and it was supplanted with four hundred and thirty million dollars this and you're so lucky you have Otani. It's the only reason you're here. That and it's not fair to have this starting pitching rotation in the playoffs because nobody can possibly compete with it, and no other team could possibly Afford, Tyler Glass Now, Blake Snow, Shohail Tani and Moreshinoba Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: We've had it all. And it's funny because the year started, I mean, the year didn't start. I mean the offseason started with the Dodgers are going to win one hundred plus games. No one can compete with them. This sucks. And then they won like the first eight games, and it looked exactly like that, and then, like you said, somewhere around July, things fell apart and they weren't they weren't good. They were just treading water, and all those narratives started. And then they got hot again and have been high stepping like Dion through the playoffs, and all of those prophecies of doom seemed to be wrong, and all of the prophecies before the games started seemed to be much more on point. But we've had to live through it every day here in Great Sports Talk, Matt.
Speaker 2: It's a great thing about being the home of the Dodgers. It's a great thing about having from the field to the worksite Strauss powering our World Series coverage on a five seventy LA Sports It's a team that overcame all of that they didn't overcome it because they got a four hundred and thirty million dollar payroll. They overcame it because of testicular fortitude. They overcame it because of supreme focus and proper preparation preventing poor performance, having the right superstars, as Andrew Friedman told us, having the right guys to write the ship.
Speaker 4: These guys are.
Speaker 2: What are your surper stars doing?
Speaker 4: We are on our he's working to washing balls.
Speaker 2: Tim right, we are understand this. And I would assume because of his date of his daytime job as he's moonlighting with Fox in the World series, Joe Davis will not allow a lot of what the not that Brian Anderson was, you know, necessarily guilty of all of it, but certainly he furthered the predominant narrative of the big spending billions of dollars in local television contracts when other local sports outlets are collapsing in any other one of.
Speaker 4: These high priced Dodgers talent, thanks BA right.
Speaker 2: Instead, it's a team and look another team with that just as big of a payroll couldn't handle it. The Mets could not handle the overwhelming amount of adversity and injuries and slumps that hit them in August after having a twenty one game lead.
Speaker 4: Well, no champion Jim pedigree there.
Speaker 2: Matt none, not a g damn ounce. So, even if the Dodgers do make quick work of the Blue Jays, or if this becomes one of the all time great fall classics that we've ever witnessed, understand while some will paint it to be a walk along a rose petaled laid velvet carpet to get here, now that road was rocky. There was broken glass and rode gravel that'll find its way between your toes and cause you great pain?
Speaker 4: Are you saying? Much like Bougiu Bontan, the great Jamaican artist, says, it's not an easy road. Many see the glamour and the glitter, so they think it's a bed of roses. But he who feels it knows.
Speaker 2: You've done it again. I was just about to do.
Speaker 4: That, damn it.
Speaker 2: Perfectly put p Tim from the convicted felon himself.
Speaker 4: He was entrapped.
Speaker 2: That was entrapman if I've ever seen it.
Speaker 4: Blusha went down on a federal case, just like Chauncey.
Speaker 2: So if you're surrounded by naysayers, by ne'er Dowells who want to bark about the check that was cut. You re mind them Rocky Road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they picked up Max Munsey off a scrap heap.
Speaker 2: It's right, this was not an easy path. They earned it. They earned this perth.
Speaker 4: Remember with a torpedo bat was the big top.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was a big thing. For what never happened to that, I don't know, but I'm glad we didn't put our friend John Minter from Glomar on for that one. Instead we saved them for the idiots. Then we're talking about what Mookie.
Speaker 4: Had probably could have done both. Yeah, he'll be right back with some reaction.
Speaker 2: It looks like the road to heaven, but it feels like the road to hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right about that, Matt.
Speaker 1: All right, Hello PMS listener. Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Rodney, that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: With David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio ap.
Speaker 2: Now, we got the World Series coming up at five o eight pm from the field to the worksite. Strauss powers our World Series coverage on AM five seventy LA Sports, Strauss Workwear, S t R A U S S. Proud to be partnered with them. First pitch five oh eight pm, so about a little over an hour from now. Tim kates with Dodgers on deck and in the fall class. It gets underway to night Game two tomorrow and then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday games three to four and if necessary five from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: That's right. A lot of people are very excited about the game. Some feel nonchalance is the order of the day.
Speaker 2: Nonchalant.
Speaker 4: I have a few texts to discuss the whole thing on a secret text social line, brought to you by your Toyota texts.
Speaker 9: Fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 4: I fear your radio husband is slightly venturing into nonchalance, already making excuses for a World Series win. I'm with you, I'm always expecting the worst. I'm not expecting the worst. I do expect Joe Davis to come on air and say something like welcome to the six you know, or some like weird thing that Toronto's called that nobody knows, you know.
Speaker 7: The.
Speaker 4: Sixth district. I learned that from Degrassi, but I've never been to tron know, other than the airport. Biggest revelation in sports last night. The Vikings are complete boneheads for not signing Sam Darnold after he led him to a fourteen win. You know, I mean I thought Wentz looked great though, Like, why why worry about it? When you got Carson Wentz?
Speaker 2: He had some problems out there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Although JJ McCarthy looked awfully sprite jumping over him when he was tackled out of bounds, do you here out to the field.
Speaker 4: You know, JJ McCarthy is ducking playing time. I'm just saying he looked really sprouted. Yeah, I saw it on Twitter too, I seemed it. When you guys get questioned like that by Dawn, it's also known as getting mcclaimed. Yeah, I got claimed like we all got mcclaimed hard.
Speaker 6: What was the league at that point? Do we know it wasn't the NBA? They were different leagues? Yeah, it was the.
Speaker 4: Damn it? Why do you I.
Speaker 6: Asked too many questions on the show. You know, it's a very good question, Don.
Speaker 4: The funniest part is that Don couldn't tell Ronnie was already annoyed, and then he asked a follow up question.
Speaker 9: I don't know, Don, that's that's what I read. What's the other one? I don't know and didn't care. It's immaterial for this particular segment of the show.
Speaker 4: Oh, Tim please is almost as amazing as the caller said to Rodney about the little glove and the ball. But I don't know, Tim please. So I am looking forward to being mccleaned again on Matt's next road trip. You know who wanted to do a launch pad today and I never got back to herbell but she offered herself up as tribute. But you know, I mean she called Rogan and Rodney like and went on that show a bunch. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think she's back hitting you the second we sign off. Yeah, I did it for a while.
Speaker 4: I went to a game in Toronto. It is by far the cleanest stadium in North America. No garbage on the floor, Everybody picks up after themselves, and you're not allowed to walk down the aisle during at bat. And you've got to wait till the at bat is over. So it's like, go to your seat. It's a place full of polite people.
Speaker 2: There's a hand like the Kings do that. If you go watch a King's game, they will not let you go down the aisle to your seat until I heard of stoppage.
Speaker 4: And the Sussio side of the pavilion, they have a butler, Like every floor at Oxford has a butler.
Speaker 2: They have like a butler and a drum.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And on the Gordono's side, you know what, they have appetizers, muscle meet.
Speaker 6: On tim please please.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll be right back. We'll have another hour and then we're gonna get the anticipation is thick. Then we're gonna have the World Series, the World Series. After everybody predicted the Dodgers would be in the World Series. Here they are the World Series. In Canada, pregame show starts at fourth