Speaker 1: Welcome to a brand new fall season of The Nightcap on seven hundred WLW. Gary Jef Walker. Great to be back in the catbird seat. Great to be back on the air with you. Sorry, Reds fans, there's not more playoff action to consume. And the Bengals, well, we'll leave that for later discussion. The wild Man will be joining us later, and I know that he has a case of what he would call the anticipated goo after another Bengals loss yesterday to the Detroit Lions, which pretty much everyone expected, I think, including the Bengals. But we start this evening with my friend Peter Bronson, the author of so many great books centered on history, especially in this part of the country, and the former Inquirer columnist and just a guy who has been a great boots of content for me and been a good friend for many years. Now. Pete, welcome back into the Nightcap studio. How are you doing. I'm glad to be here with you, Gary Jeff. You're very kind in your introduction there. I appreciate well, no, I mean you're like a less gist. My first show, my very first Nightcap, my very first guest was Marty Brenneman. Oh I only select the best. Oh well, I'm glad to be in his company. I like Marty. He's a good especially if you're the leadoff hitter. So how have you been?
Speaker 2: Very good? Life is great. I've been very busy this summer traveling. Celebrated my fiftieth wedding anniversary with a wife, Kathy, and that was a lot of fun. We had the whole family up on Lake Michigan, as we used to do when our children were still children, and brought the grandkids up there so they could see the joy of being on the lake and playing in I got.
Speaker 1: To tell you that there are so many reasons that I really really admire you and look up to you personally, and it has It has very little to do with your great accomplishments, which would be enough on their own. But the greatest accomplishment I think a man or a woman can have in this life is an enduring relationship with a spouse. Oh yes, fifty years is incredible. And the thing is people who are if you're listening to this and you've not been married, but you're contemplating it for the first time, warning it is very difficult to maintain. It's the best job you could ever have. But it is a job, is it not.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of responsibility.
Speaker 2: And you know, I would just say to those that are in their twenties and thirties and they feel like this is just not going to work and things are just too rough, I'll tell you what. Stick it out. It's like an investment. It just gets better and it pays off better and better and better. The interest compounds and your life gets better, your marriage gets stronger, your family gets stronger, and that's the real payoff.
Speaker 1: Krist and I just celebrated our eleventh winning inn relations this time, and so all told together. If you count the first marriage, which I don't know, we'll do just for the sake of this conversation. We've been together on and off since May thirty first of nineteen ninety seven. So good, great, you know, we got back together and God showed us a way to do that and it was wonderful and it has been amen to that, Bless the Lord. So okay, So that's one thing. You have been tirelessly working on. Another book which is just about ready to come out. Yes, the last.
Speaker 2: Book was the last book was called Promise about this area, Yes, about the first settlers and pioneers who came here are a really tough.
Speaker 1: Group of people. Yeah, they were, They had to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Miami Slaughterhouse, it was known. Cincinnati was really wasn't even known as a city or a town at the time. It was just a little tiny settlement around Fort Washington. But everybody did know that it was the Miami Slaughterhouse because the Shawnee and the Miami tribes were so fierce.
Speaker 1: Well then you know, all the German settlers finally established a city here and it became Poorkoppolis and a pig slaughterhouse. Yeah, the other one, the other slaughterhouse house to another. And some people say, with the state of the city of Cincinnati, it's maybe not necessarily a positive thing that in many neighborhoods it's become a slaughterhouse again. And that's another topic for another time. But so tell me about the new book, Peter. Well, the new book is called Magical hist Street Tour. And what I'm doing in this time is a lot like the other books. I'm focusing on our local history and the really rich treasure of history Cincinnati has, and so much of it is buried, it's undiscovered. When you tell people these stories about what happened, for example, during the Confederate invasion of Cincinnati in eighteen sixty two in my book called The Man Who Saves Cincinnati, which you've written about. Yeah, a lot of people are completely I speak about this all the time.
Speaker 2: I do various groups, service clubs and historical societies and so forth, so I stay busy with that. I was totally unaware of that, and so most of the people that I meet, and so they are all these great treasures of history. And this time I've found five that I'm using as short stories, and some are you know, like you could sit down and read it in a couple hours, and some are a couple a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: So it's nonfiction, but it's framed of fiction. I would call it historical fiction.
Speaker 2: Historical fiction, so the history is all accurate, and nobody says or does anything that would be inconsistent or invented as a means of telling our history, but that we use the fictional characters in a few instances to help move the story along and make it more exciting. So I might pair up in one story a real detective, a Cincinnati detective in the eighteen middle eighteen hundreds, and his name was William Rainey, and a very well decorated Civil War veteran and a great detective who's a character in his own right. But I paired him up with a newspaperman who is fictional, but it was based on newspapermen at the time. Okay, So, and they're kind of a cohorts to try and solve this crime that they see, which is that two women from the Whitewater Shaker commit community up near Northmen they check into a downtown hotel and commit suicide apparently.
Speaker 1: And the rest is very interesting.
Speaker 2: They were kicked out of the Shaker community, banished for violating the oath of celibacy, and there was a young man who is being allowed to come and stay in the community who helped them both the mother and the daughter violate that oath. And it's a very fascinating story of love, of romance, of mistakes of crazy cults. I guess you could call them like the Shakers. They're a little bit on the cultish side, and that's maybe a little bit controversial for people who know the Shaker's story. But I'll just leave you with this on that one. If you go out to the Whitewater Shaker Community Cemetery. You're gonna find out first of all, that it's not well populated because celibacy, you know.
Speaker 1: A celibate community, Peter. This is how cults die. This is this is how the world may die. With the population rate that we've got in this country and around the world. You know, we went from this hysteria. We're over populated. There's no way that the earth can feed that many people. It's going to be horrible. We've got to restrict our and you know, now our birth rate is not even at replacement rate in the United States. But anyway, I digress, so very good point.
Speaker 2: So celibacy is the cult a sac for this. So the cemetery is not well populated. It's a lot of room with only a few graves in back. But in the middle of the cemetery is a monument and it says this is dedicated to the Shaker community, a community of celibate Christian Communists.
Speaker 1: Now who knew that? Who knew that? I did not know? Isn't that great?
Speaker 2: And so that story I heard about this suicide of these two women, I began to investigate it and it turned out to be very fascinating. It's a bit of a mystery. It has some medical mystery in it. It has mystery of what were these young men doing in the Shaker community who were allowed to come in from Cincinnati. In this case, the guy was a drunk, a total black sheep, and his wealthy family and they sent him up there to dry out. So interesting story. Well, instead of drying out, he got two women kicked out. Yes, and the double standard that becomes evident where he was allowed to come back and the women were not A very sad story, but fascinating. And so that's one of the stories. But yeah, the book is a magical history tour, yes, yes. And in it also I will include ten places that you need to see or visit with your kids to show them and explain Cincinnati history, what really happened here and the importance of it.
Speaker 1: You've you've lived in Cincinnati a little bit right around the time that I have. I moved here in nineteen ninety four, the second I came ninety two, not originally from here. But you have so sunk your teeth into the culture and history of this town. I love it. Do you think that if you had, for example, remained in Arizona or remained in Michigan, that you would have found the same treasure trove there. Is it because you were you were eating at the table that's set for you, or do you think that there's something very unique and special about this area in particular, well from Wrining history, I.
Speaker 2: Kind of answered that all of the above, But with the exception of Michigan, because I grew up in Michigan, I took it all for granted and I didn't really have the history, didn't really interest.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of people probably take Cincinnati history for granted, and that's the reason people like you write books exactly.
Speaker 2: So you might be living in Arizona for ten or eleven years as I would, as I did, and yet I didn't go to the Grand Canyon. Well, people that I knew that live there all their lives didn't go to the Grand Canyon. Yeah, you know, so, I mean it's sort of like one of those things if you just grow up there, you take it in stride and it's like that's just the way it is. Whereas when I came to a place new, I was fascinated by Arizona history and the history of the Arizona Rangers and the wild West and all the things that happened out there. Very exciting history. But when I came to Cincinnati, I find it's even richer because it goes back so much farther, and it goes back to the seventeen hundred, the late seventeen hundreds, you know, for the for the Western civilization part of it. And there's just so much rich history here and so much that I still haven't uncovered and discovered.
Speaker 1: Do you find that in your research there are ample people to talk to that do know these things, so you can call this information out into a book. I mean, where do you find sources?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is it's like the golden age of historical research. I believe I.
Speaker 2: Can find things that used to take me weeks in the newsroom to just because of the Internet and because I can push a few buttons on a keyboard and I know where to go.
Speaker 1: Be careful. Dave Patter has warned me that AI hallucinates.
Speaker 2: So do you want to I don't let me say right up front, I do not use AI in any way for my books. I don't trust it, and i've as an artist or a writer, what modest level of that I have. I am not willing to forfeit my intellectual imagination and my capacity to write to some machine that's going to tell me how it should be done. No way, I don't touch that stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, the problem is and uh, actually I'll be talking to Dave this week on the program. But the thing that he was bringing up just last Saturday morning was the problem with AI is that it consumes other AI, and soon there will be no human content on the Internet at all. That's all gary replaced by artificial intention. How can we possibly trust that? You know, I was listening to an interesting podcast the other day, and I like to do that while I'm walking, and a lot of times they stimulate your imagination. I'm listening to an interesting podcast right now.
Speaker 2: And this person, who has done a lot of research on this, said that he compared AI. He said, this is the biblical tree of knowledge by which you will gain wisdom and the promises that you will be like God. Remember the tree of wisdom in the Garden of Eden. That was the serpent that said, yes, have this eat of the tree of wisdom that God forbids, and you will be like God, and you will know all that you need to know about good and evil. Well, he's saying that this is where AI.
Speaker 1: Is going to go. It's going to be the the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and by imbibing in it, you are paying a huge price, mankind. Oh, I believe that full stop. For Adam and Eve, it was being banished from the garden.
Speaker 2: They lost their their relationship with their direct relationship with them.
Speaker 1: They suddenly suddenly found out that they were naked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they realized the self awareness of their of their frailty and their weakness.
Speaker 1: And what did they do. They tried to cover themselves up. The problem with AI that makes us even more of an issue is that, as Hatter told me, AI, AI is consuming AI, and AI has already been proven to hallucinate and just make things up blatantly. So well, did you see.
Speaker 2: The story about the AI that used one of its creators and had read her email and found out that she was having an affair and it threatened to expose this to all of the people in her workplace and her family and her social network unless she would promise never to unplug it.
Speaker 1: Wow, No, I did not hear that story. Oh, there are several stories.
Speaker 2: Out there blackmailing people AI, the blackmailing AI will lie, it learns to lie. Yeah, and I mean it's going back to the two thousand and one Space Odyssey with how the Computer.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I can't do that, Dave. Yeah, you're making a big mistake. Dave got chills. Really. So I'll just preface the next segment with this talking to Peter Bronson on the Nightcap the new fall season, and.
Speaker 2: You need to have a little from last week's episode or the Law and loorder boom uh.
Speaker 1: But real quickly to preface what we're going to talk about next a little bit. I was on for Tom Brenman filling in a couple of weeks back, and I just came out of the breaking and it just struck me. I said, I'm becoming very concerned that I'm not as concerned as I should be about all the craziness going on around me. Yeah, and we'll get into that next. Oh, that's a good topic. Peter Bronson with us on this new Nightcap. A new book coming out, the Magical History Tour. When's that going to be out?
Speaker 2: It'll be out at the end of October. If everything goes well, I should have it off the presses before the end of this month of October, and it'll will be ready then for Christmas sales. And I'll be trying my best to get the word out everywhere I can, well, including here here. Yes, absolutely, right now we're doing it more from Chili Dog, Yes, press dot com.
Speaker 1: All right on seven hundred WLW A break and then back. This is Jim and Pete. Of course, not do you live you don't live in the city of Cincinnati. No, I don't. I live in Milford. So you cannot vote in the upcoming Cincinnati mayoral or council elections. No, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, I always thought I always thought it was an outrageous taxation without representation, that they take employ taxes from people who worked on town as they did for me the entire time I was working at the Inquired not a little bit, not a little bit. It was a significant tax. And that yet they're taking your taxes and they give you no representation.
Speaker 1: You don't even have any vote, and who's running the city simply because you're not living there. But but you're paying the tax, paying the taxes. It's one of the great things about moving the studios out here to Kenwood is that we were out of the city of Cincinnati and they stopped extracting their a pound of flesh or maybe a pound and a half out of me and I live in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the great migration right out of the blue cities.
Speaker 1: People are leaving blue cities. Wait until Zorn mandani ohhens the New York City rare in New York. They are businesses, people with money stock exchange in Texas. The tax base that he was planning on using for all of these eye eye in this you know pie in the sky social programs that he's promising the millennials in the gen Z who are the only ones that are going to come out and vote number one. This is the big problem with Cincinnati too, and many other big towns. You have an off year, so called off year mayoral election, Yeah, council election, very thin turnout uh as little as eleven or twelve percent in some cases, Pete. Yeah, So you have taxation without representation, but the people are choosing not to be represented by not going to the polls and voting. For sure. And in this town, we have a mayor who continues to say that the ongoing violence, which he describes as gun violence. Yeah, it's all the guns is unacceptable, and he says this over and over and over again, but yet nothing is really done about it. And I'm not sure that Aftab pure vol alone could stop the violence, whether it be with gun or machete or any.
Speaker 2: Other Well, I don't know, Gary, Jeff. I mean, what we're seeing happened in Washington, d C. What we're going to see happen in very maybe Chicago, maybe Chicago. Right now it seems to be going in the Memphis, Memphis.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles, New Orleans. Yeah, Portland.
Speaker 2: What we're seeing in these cities is just a proof, a very vivid, textbook demonstration of lack of leadership. Yes, if you provide the enforcement, this crime doesn't have to exist. If you provide, you have back your parturrence, Yes, you back the police. Really, what these National Guard troops are doing is the administrative stuff so the police can get out there and do their job.
Speaker 1: Well. In the National Guard troops that are being brought in, which this judge is Biden appointed judge out in Oregon has stopped Trump's plan to come into Portland, which is temporarily right. We'll see how it goes through the court system. But what the federal troops are there for are to protect federal buildings, yes, that are being attacked, exactly, federal law enforcement that are being attacked. That's what they're trying to bring in the National Guard and the federal troops for mobilizing the California National Guard, which Gavin Newsom, of course, for purely political reasons, not for public safety reasons, not for common sense reasons, is roundly rejecting because it would be a referendum on how poor the leadership is in the lack of enforcement, and that has been If you say, a mayor of Los Angeles by the governor of California, go ahead.
Speaker 2: If you say, like aftab Our, mayor, this is a problem of gun violence, and the solution is in these root causes. Basically, what you're saying is there's nothing we can do about it. It's generational. It's all society's fault. And then if you have somebody come in to DC like President Trump did and demonstrate that in a matter of even overnight, within days, that city is safe. The murders have stopped, people can use the restaurants, they can walk alone on the street.
Speaker 1: They went over a week without a murder in Washington, d C. That hadn't happened in years in the nation's capital.
Speaker 2: So what he's basically done is he's made people like Aftab and their root causes a liar.
Speaker 1: He's made them a fool. He's made them look like they absolutely have no clue what's going on, and they don't. I mean, honestly, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 2: These problems have always been around and what we've what we learned from them is that if you enforce the law with zero tolerance, with the broken windows theory, with all these other things, if you put people on the street that are enforcing the law, the crime problem goes away.
Speaker 1: So if you're listening to this so difficult. If you're listening to this and you're a citizen of Cincinnati and you're not registered to vote, well that's problem one. But if you're registered to vote and you're not going to vote, with all the opportunities you have to vote within the next month, it's on you. It's not an a have to have pure vault. It's not in the city council. It's on It's not on the prosecuting attorney, it's not on the police chief. If you don't vote and let your voice be heard. When you have more than ample opportunity, then then it then it is then it is your fault. Then it is societal. Don't you think I do?
Speaker 2: And and another thing on the mega trends here that we're seeing is that in these blue cities, as you see out migration, what happens is the people who today are the most radical, They're the ones who are happy with them dollars a communist as their mayor of New York City. And that's what we will see in New York City. We'll see the population begin to evaporate among those who who would fight against that and vote against it, and you'll end up with more and more people who are basically happy with decline and crime and miserable quality of life because their ideology is.
Speaker 1: More important than their actual real world experience. Well, Mom Downie, for example, keeps claiming over and over that even though his policies are blatantly communists, that he's a Democrat socialist.
Speaker 2: Well, what is that? That's just like a Walmart communist. I mean, come on, it's a dollar start communists. A guy who says I'm just a democratic socialist. That is like that's on the ladder, and it's just the next step below a communist.
Speaker 1: And maybe the thought is we have eight million people, so we lose a couple of million people, it'll be less people to control, all, you know, and as retain power. Yeah, yeah, exactly. All the loonies, as you mentioned, are staying here.
Speaker 2: Well, and these people really don't care if you leave. I mean they kind of want you to because those would be the people who might vote against him and criticize him.
Speaker 1: But they're going to leave in droves. I mean, they already are.
Speaker 2: And we're going to see the same thing and we've seen it over the years in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I mentioned before the break talking to Peter Bronson on the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW, I mentioned before the break Peter, for this segment, one thing I wanted to discuss with you was how I was expressing that I was becoming concerned that I wasn't as concerned as maybe I should be about certain things and whether it's cultural or whatever. Because the more I read the Bible, the more I pray, the closer I become my relationship with Christ in my faith, the more I realize that many of these things ultimately don't matter that much to me. Yeah, And I don't know if that's selfish or if I mean yeah, I mean, it's the things that are going on right now in our country and in the world are terrible. They are, you know, it's a healthscape in many places well people.
Speaker 2: We also have a media though, that is set up to absolutely sensationalize and to incite anxiety, fear, right, to emphasize everything that it's it's at its most insane, and so that gives you the impression if you consume too much of this cable news and broadcast.
Speaker 1: Media, absolutely become obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: It gives you that constant feeling of anxiety that the world is falling apart, and that I mean, I'm not saying these things aren't happening and they're great concern. All I'm saying is that their business model now is to keep you in a constant state of anxiety, so you feel like you have to tune in and stay on.
Speaker 1: Top of this.
Speaker 2: And it's really sad because that's really not what the media is for. That's not what I believed in when I became a newspaperman. It's not what I tried to do in my career in newspapers. I didn't set out to make people afraid or to give them the absolute worst, sensationalized, darkest view of reality, which is what we see now.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not like tabloid journalism is new though, No, It's always been around, but it was always kind of an outlier. It was always the national inquirer. It was you know, on the fringes, the fringe, for sure, that was the goofy kid. It wasn't the mainstay of reporting. Yes, today reporting has been replaced in so many cases in the news with commentating, with pure agitation and slants just too, as you said, generate anxiety.
Speaker 2: And both sides, the right does it in their in their demographic, and the left does it in their demographic. That's why we can't have any common ground of facts, because they won't allow those.
Speaker 1: To this show to touch this show. People know this show is an opinion show in many cases, right, and there's information, but it's largely opinion. And like you and I are giving our opinion right now exactly on the topics of the day. But don't call I don't call this a news report necessarily, No, it's not supposed to be that we discussed the news, but we don't. Yeah, but we do the news up front, right out in front. But the newscasts, uh, all across the board on radio, on TV have become and it's I swear it's it's specifically in the age of Trump. It's just been exacerbated, it has, it's been increased just tremendously, but it's become this agenda driven, half truth kind of opinion in so called news headlines, and it's just it's unfair and it's not right. Well, it's been happening for a long time.
Speaker 2: Gary, Jeff, I watched it increasing all the way up in the in the year's bt before Trump, and it was getting worse and worse.
Speaker 1: It got to the point where we had and I.
Speaker 2: Was the editor of the opinion section, but we had as much opinion in the newspages as we had in our opinion section. And if you look at newspapers now, a lot of them have totally abandoned their opinion sections because they're doing it in the news columns. There's no longer a wall there, there's no longer a Berlin wall that says, hey, you guys, stay honest and just report the fact, we'll go ahead and spin it or try to give opinions to the.
Speaker 1: Inquir's opinion editor recently departs, and they don't have one right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Honestly, I don't know. I don't stay in touch with the Inquirer anymore. I check in online from time to time, but now and then some of the stories just make me so disgusted.
Speaker 1: I just say, all I really look at is sports.
Speaker 2: You know, the Bengals and the Reds, and there's not much reason to look at that.
Speaker 1: There's a guy named glennam Harmyer and he writes these constant letters to the editor to the Inquirer. Oh really that plish them never get published, No, of course not. They took away the comments. Why did they take away the comments?
Speaker 2: Because basically what they've done it's like what we said about the Blue Cities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they keep.
Speaker 2: Singing to the choir, and singing to the choir, their lefty audience and their audience, their subscriber based shrank down to a little tidepool of only leftists. And if the conservative person went into the comments, they would almost be eaten alive.
Speaker 1: And the boy attack. My choir is now three people who are toned, deaf and out of tune.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean some of the stories are just that they make me. I just shake my head.
Speaker 1: Where is the editor that allowed that? All right, so let's reserve. I talked about things that I'm not concerned about. Here's another one. But it turns out you're more concerned than the last couple of minutes of our conversation. How sad it is it to watch and it's not just the lack of Joe Burrow to watch this collapse by the Bengals. I wanted to get Peter Bronson's take on sports real quickly.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm no sports reporter by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 1: The toy department as they used to do, exactly.
Speaker 2: And I've always been a defender and an admirer of Mike Brown. I think that he's maligned a lot more than is appropriate. Uh, And again, everybody always likes to revert it's the ownership, it's the ownership. Well, look, they've they've put out the money. They've put out the money for what the team said they wanted, and and apparently nobody can figure out that if you get you can't protect a multi billion dollar franchise quarterback if the offensive line can't block, I mean, how that is?
Speaker 1: What is with the coaches? I mean I got to ask what is with the coaches? You know, and a lot of people saying, you can't fire Zach Taylor because you know, the quarterbacks out the you know, the the franchise quarterback's gone. So it's not Zach Taylor's fold. The play calling has been atrocious for the last couple of years. Yes, yes, the Bengals did not make question Bingles did not make the playoffs with a record setting sack leader and Joe Burrow having possibly the best season in NFL history by any quarterback in any era, and the Bengals still did not make the playoffs. And and don't forget you, mar Chase. Yeah, you've got the number one run believable season five. So it's not it's not a lack of talent or players. It's a lack of talent somewhere else. Well, and the draft.
Speaker 2: Picks they're making, the trades they're making, somebody's.
Speaker 1: Just look no closer than on the sidelines and in the front office.
Speaker 2: Well, I agree, it's it's sad, but it kind of we're going back we're falling back now to that place where we brag about excelling at mediocrity.
Speaker 1: Jeez, Peter, thank you so much for your time tonight. I really appreciate it. It's great, great to see you again. It's great to have you back, and it's great to know that there's a new book in the in the pipeline here. Magic History Tour is the name of it. That rings a bell? Right, Magical History Tour. A little bit as the former host of Breakfast with the Beatles, Yes, yes, it brings major bells.
Speaker 2: He's coming from all right, all right, thanks very jeth all right, have a great one, fantastic and there's more nightcap just ahead in moments on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Listening to a man standing in the park is in funny. Listening to a man standing in the park getting hit in the groin with a frisbee oach my groin is funny. Eddie and Rocky are also funny. So when you think of getting hit in the groin, oach my groin, think of Eddie and Rocky, Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 1: More afternoon at three what seven hundred WLW is the nightcap on seven hundred w l W Arry jump into the new fall season and tonight a first time guest and something that I've been looking forward to a great deal because this story seems to me to be so compelling and while we don't have I guess full disclosure that we'd hope for during the Trump administration on the Epstein diaries and the list and the names, we know who some of the victims were of Jeffrey Epstein and his ring really of not only human sex traffickers, but something even darker as you go deeper into the story that was being told by a woman named Juliet Bryant, and this revolves around a trip to Cape Horn, South Africa, about twenty three years ago, when Jeffrey Epstein arrived there with Bill Clinton, Kevin Spacey, and Chris Tucker along for the ride. We have those names, and that very same night, a twenty year old named Juliet Bryant lured into what we come one of the most harrowing and revealing chapters in the Epstein saga for the first time, her story being told in her own words through the diary she capped at the height of her captivity. And that book is and we have the author here who has done the research and used Juliette Bryant's words so incredibly well to tell the story. The book is called Blue Butterfly. Inside the Diary of an Epstein Survivor, author Sarah McCarthy joins us, Hello, Sarah, good evening. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing very well? Thank you, Gary. How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? And like I said, I really wanted to hear at least a tidbit of the story. Of course, I haven't read the book yet, but I guess it's it's on the way to being available everywhere. Is that true for.
Speaker 5: Me in the United States and Canada? For Noal?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have a how did did you come to know Juliet Bryant and the story?
Speaker 5: Julia has been a good friend of mine for over fifteen years, but she actually endured her abuse in silence for almost two decades. It was only after Epstein was arrested that she came up with a story and said that she had been abused by him. Basically, her name was on the flight logs and the press started to get hold of her. She hadn't even told her own mother, So yeah, she came up with a story and when she told me, which was twenty nineteen. I then met with her Faith to Faith in Cape Town in twenty twenty and she gave me the darker side of the story that went beyond sexual abuse. And when she told me that, I said to her pitness, we have to write a book, and she said, yes, I would like to do that.
Speaker 1: Finally, breaking her silence, I said, born earlier, I meant Cape Town. So between two thousand and two and two thousand and four, my goodness, almost almost two years. Your friend Juliette was trafficked across continents and was was a main attraction at Epstein's multiple residences. And Blue Butterfly describes a trip in it to Epstein's Zorro Ranch in New Mexico where Juliet kind of describe what Juliet describes in her diary about that last trip to Epstein's ranch in New Mexico and what he woke up to.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, on that trip, which was June two thousand and two, that was the only time he took her to Borrow Ranch, a huge Titanic compound in New Mexico, And on that trip she has a terrifying flashback of wreaking up naked in the laboratories while our female doctor was operating on her abdominence withouter knowledge and with outer consent. She can describe that flashback in visit detail, so it wasn't a dream. There were other things that happened on that trip. Firsonally, that was the only trip that Eptin didn't sexually abuse her. He took her into a small room and gave her something that she described as a pelvic exam, which was a more medical in nature. Then she has this terrifying flashback of wreaking up in the laboratories. And furthermore, when she returned to South Africa, she had a small star, a little round circulars guard a couple of inches above the pepper. That was weird and eclaimed after that trip. So all of that this shows that there's a possibility that Epstein was committing medical times unauthorized medical procedures on the book. So that is why Juliet story actually turns the whole Exton story on its head. It's not about sex trafficking, it's about medical experimentation. Juliet was never traffied to any other men, and she never saw any other woman being trafficked to any other men either. For the all this was corroborated by Attorney Brad Edwards, who said, in the small fraction of the woman was being traffic and that was not his main business.
Speaker 1: So what happened, say, when Juliet met Bill Clinton, the former President of the United States, who was pals with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 5: Yes, well she met him on the first night that she met Epstein. So that could have been the twenty sixth of September two thousand and two. And we know this from the flight Looves because that's the day that they blew into Caton. That was the night she was recruited. She was about having a drink with a friend and a very beautiful American mind came up to her and said, I'm here with it very well to the American billionaire. He has connections to Victoria Secret and he can launch her modeling career internationally. So this sounded like a dream country for her. So she went along to a restaurant called Belisa in Cape Town where Epstein was having dinner and they were midnil when she walked in, but yet everybody stood up and they shook their hands. When she met Phil Clinton. She said that He made her feel quite uncomfortable because he held onto her hand for a long time while he was looking and or speaking to somebody else at the table.
Speaker 1: Did she meet any other celebrities while she was being trafficked?
Speaker 5: Yes, well obviously with Kevin Spacey and trip Tacker was there. She said Kevin Stacey wasn't particularly friendly or interested. She didn't have much interaction with trip Tacker, but she met scientists she met on the trip to Sarah Ranch. She was also taken to meet the former governor of New Mexico who was for Richardson. That was also an unusual encounter because they looked her and another survivor up and down and then went into a room had a meeting of Epstein and then they left, And she wasn't She didn't understand the reason for her being there.
Speaker 1: What was there? What about Donald Trump's involvement? Does she detail any of that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she never met him. When she was on West Farm Beach, Palm Beach, they drove past Marie Lago and apparently Epstein said to her, or that's where my good Trump, my good friend Trump lived, But she never she never met him personally.
Speaker 1: All right? Did she did? She tell you about anything else about Jeffrey Epstein that no one to this point has revealed. And I'll accept the PG answer.
Speaker 5: Yes she did. She said a couple of things. You know, there was lots of anecdotal things about him, saying he liked to name rock and he said that Michael Jackson once called him because he was interested in moving to Palm Beach, and when he heard Michael Jackson's cadence on the telephone, he thought that it was a joke. But actually another survivor also mentions Michael Jackson's name, but I don't think he was involved in anything nefarious. She gave me another anecdote that Exstine told her that when he was younger, he used to he did both as the text tactic driver, I did find other corroboration evidence of this, but not the fact that he said he used to give the pre rise in exchange for sexual favors. And as the pug's answer, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Giseleine Maxwell Maxwell obviously in prison and has not opened up the way many people thought that she would. Maybe maybe she likes staying alive. I don't know, But what did she mention Jeffrey Epstein's sidekick Guselaine maxim Maxwell.
Speaker 3: She did.
Speaker 5: She obviously had a lot of interaction with Maxwell. She said she was very scary. She ran the properties, very smart, very accomplished, and very scary. She ran the properties. The staff were very nervous of her. I think they had sort of a manifest that they had to follow certain rules. They can't you speak to them unless spoken to that sort of thing. I said, was Maxwell ever kind to you? And she said once she stuck up for Juliet because Julia used to smoke. Epstein hated the habits, used to tell her that her hands stunk and she used to have to go and wash her hands before she came near him. And once Gilaine stuck up for her and said that after her father died, she used to make a packet of cigarettes or whatever a day.
Speaker 1: So that kind of gives you an insight too, into what daily life was like on Epstein Island. You said, Justlaine Maxwell was running the properties and the like, Well what did she What did she tell you about the day to day?
Speaker 5: Well, she gave me some interesting insights into living on the island. She said, it was the most suitable case that you've seen that she could never relax. They were always survailed. The girls couldn't just go off on their own. They couldn't just walk off the front law and explore the city. There's always someone watching them, and they always had to be on Exstein's second call for when he wanted them for obvious reasons. She did say that aside from that, she bounced on the chance trampoline that was in the sea. I found corroborating reports from Virginia. The three she walked around the island, she took she discovered some photographs and cameras, disposable cameras, so she used to walk around the island taking photographs. So she actually has this photographic evidence of her on the island and in Paris, etc. So unlike as a survivor, she's also got her passports from the time. And because she was South African, she flew in an art of South Africa, and she's got all the gates and going in the art of the United States.
Speaker 1: Did she ever try did she ever try and escape?
Speaker 5: Well, this is interesting and it ties back into the whole eugenic side of things, which hasn't really touched on much. But also it's very real possibility that Epstein was using some type of mind control techniques on the girl. Juliet said when she came back from that last trip to Borrow Ranch, her mental state was not the same. She completely collapsed, She had severe panic attacks. She had to be hospitalized up to ten times. Nobody knew what was wrong with her, and she honestly believed that they performed some type of mind control procedures on the girls to absolutely render them uncredible witnesses and unable to do anything those to their authorities. All right, I have to explore that in Blue Butterfly.
Speaker 1: We're talking with Sarah McCarthy, author of Blue Butterfly, based on the diary of Juliet Bryant, who basically was sex trafficked and experimented on, she believes by Jeffrey Epstein and his cohorts over a two year period and nearly two year period the eugenics angle real quickly, Sarah, This to me is really at the crux of how creepy the whole Epstein for and not that the rest isn't creepy at all it out to begin with, okay, but the fact of doing experimentation and what does she say specifically outside of that flashback she had about that, well.
Speaker 5: She believed, yeah, she believed that her eggs are being harvested during that procedure. And it's you know, when you look at what Epstein said himself. In the early two thousands, he started telling associates that he wanted to feed the human race with his DNA, and specifically he wanted to impregnate up to twenty women at a time at Sorrow Ranch. He spoke about this with his associates, with the psychologist and computer scientist Roger Shank. He said he aspired to father lots of children of different women, and this was would have taken place in around two thousand and three, the year before Juliet was traffic to New Mexico. This was reported on by The New York Times in twenty and eleven. The Guardian also said that Epstein was inspired by Robert K. Brian's repository for German or choice. This program started in the nineteen eighties. Graham was a eugenicist who announced that he wanted to start a sperm bank that was stopped by Nobel Laureates when that closed down in nineteen ninety. I believe that instead of the sperm being incinerated. It could have very easily just been transferred across to Borrow Ranch, because in nineteen ninety nine, that is when Epstein started expanding his facilities at Sorrow Ranch. So yeah, when you look at all of that, that corroborates what she believes happened.
Speaker 1: All right, three quick ones here as we close this out, Sarah, And these are personal opinion things, but I just want to get your take. Do you think that Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide? Did he kill himself?
Speaker 5: No? No, yes, I think he's still alive.
Speaker 1: Oh you think he's still alive. Do you think that Epstein has links to intelligence agencies or had?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: I was fortunate enough to speak directed with Aridon Minashi. He gave an exclusive information for me butterflies, and he worked directly with Joy Roberts, Maxwell and Epstein.
Speaker 1: All right, and uh, yes, Well how did how did Epstein make his money? Was he really just a financier who was very adept and had great acumen at that? Or I mean, how is he How is he financing all of this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I don't think so, because I've got friends who work in finance and they're working all day. He was busy actually abusing aduls all day, so no, he couldn't has been following the market. Thomas roll Show goes into this and looks at an intricate web of financial activity around how he kept getting he got funds to buy islands, etcetera. It all sends back to the fact that Epstein had power of attorney over Illiana Lesley Xner's trust, so they would there was a pattern though, they would sounds of stock and that money would then be used at Steiner to have the ability to then, say by a private island or an aeroplane, etcetera. He also got a lot of these assets from Leslie Rexner, namely the New York mansion for free all right.
Speaker 1: Sarah McCarthy, the author of Blue Butterfly, based on Juliet Bryant's diary, which suggests that there was a global sick agenda. To Jeffrey Epstein went far beyond sex trafficking and abuse, but eugenics and all kinds of experimentation. I mean, this is just madman's scientist kind of stuff. And you know, maybe that was what was really going on. The sex was just it was just a side note. Maybe I don't know. I can't get inside the mind of somebody that's sick, and I hope I never can. Sarah, thank you so much. Great success with the book Blue Butterfly. Look for it and is it out now or will it be out soon?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 5: It is available for pre sale at trinday dot com TRN and also available on Amazon at body in bookstores, as well as Bound and Noble once it's released.
Speaker 1: So please look out for this all right, thank you so much. It's the Nightcap and it continues on seven hundred wlw Eddie here for Loan Prato. Are you trapped in a high rate mortgage? Hey? Look stop right now at Loan Pronto they are delivering the lowest more. I go to guy when it comes to climate and energy, and I know I'm not going to be fed a bunch of well false facts and bad data when I talk to this man. He's written several books on climatism and he happens to be the man at the Climate Science Coalition. My friend and yours, Steve Gorham joins us on this night Cap in the new fall season. Good evening, Steve, How are.
Speaker 6: You, hey, Gary?
Speaker 7: Jeff?
Speaker 6: Great to join you again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you may have read I know you've heard us talk about green breakdown, which is the coming renewable energy failure outside the green box, and of course the mad, mad mad world of climatism starring polar bears and all kinds of stars from the fifties and sixties. No, so Steve last week, and I was I hate to tell Reds fans this, but I was kind of hoping that they wouldn't make the wild card because it pushed us off the air last week, last Tuesday, when we were going to talk about the ending of the EV tax breaks for you purchasing an electric vehicle and the government subsidizing you for doing it, and that is over now, correct, at least for the time it is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the one big beautiful bill passed this summer ended the EV tax credits. And what was in place before was a seventy five dollars tax credit to the purchaser of a new electric vehicle and also you could resell them to other people for some amount up to four thousand dollars. That ended September thirtieth. And you know, EV's they're they're doing well in China and Europe is kind of mixed, but they're flat in the US.
Speaker 1: We've had.
Speaker 8: The share of EV sales new light car sales was about seven percent last uh, November, December, January. Then it dropped to about six percent in the summer, and then we had a little surge here in the last month or two because the credit was ending.
Speaker 1: But it's probably going.
Speaker 8: To go down to probably six percent or less of evs of small vehicle sales in the next few months.
Speaker 6: Which isn't real good.
Speaker 8: You know, it's not not replacing all the internal bustion engine cars as a lot of people are predicting. So EV's are going to get better, but uh, they're not going to take over the world here, at least in the US in the short term.
Speaker 1: All right. Uh, and listen, I've always said, you've always said you want to drive an EV, that's your business. But the government shouldn't mandate that you drive an EV or you shouldn't get these wild tax breaks because you purchase one. I mean, that's that's some that's some on the scale at at the max right there. And I know this is not a it really isn't a political discussion the ones we have about climate, although people try and make them political discussions and use climate as a political football, Steve, But I'm surprised that part of the reason the Democrats have shut down the government is because they want that put back in that was passed in the big beautiful bill back on July fourth, as they want to put so many other things back in that we're repealed with that piece of legislation, or.
Speaker 8: The production tax credits in investment tax credits for winning solar of thirty percent. We also got the situation where vehicle chargers don't make money for anybody. Every company that is producing vehicle chargers is losing money, but they're being subsidized. Know, we got all these subsidies at state and federal levels and utilities and everybody else to try and put chargers out there. It's just not it's not a real good business unless it's in subsidies. And so I think is this it's going to be kind of stalled at least for the next three years and the administration. We'll see what happens after that.
Speaker 1: I thought that half a billion in taxpayer dollars that went to Soleindra during Obama was big, but I mean, these things have just gotten out of control. Monsters on the backs of American taxpayers. And not really helping the environment at all. Recent US Department of Energy report has stated that climate change may not be catastrophic. After all, what do we know about this, Steve Yeah. This was.
Speaker 8: Energy Secretary Chris Wright went and selected for scientists and a good economist. These are skeptic scientists John Christy, Judith Curry, Ross McKittrick, and Roy Spencer. Roy Spencer's an advisor of mine, and also Stephen Coonan an economist, and they wrote a report called a Critical Review of the Impacts of greenhouse gas emissions on the US Climate.
Speaker 6: They had really only one condition.
Speaker 8: For Secretary, right, they said, you know, you can't tell us what to write, and you can interfere.
Speaker 6: In any way with what we're writing.
Speaker 8: And so they wrote this report and it's very scientifically based and it basically says that the climate models are have been exaggerating things.
Speaker 6: We're not seeing.
Speaker 8: Dangerous climate situations even though CO two is going up. We're not seeing more hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and droughts. And they concluded that quote, the CO two induced warming might be less damaging economically than commonly believed, and excessively aggressive mitigation policies could prove more detrimental than beneficial, which you know, you and I have talked about for quite a while on this. And so they wrote this report and it's been attacked all over the place, challenged in court already. This is by the Environmental Defense Fund and the Union of Concern, Union of Concerned Scientists, a couple climate groups and environmental groups, and so they've attacked it as being secret group that wrote this report.
Speaker 6: It wasn't a secret.
Speaker 8: I mean it took a month I wrote this and they published it. So but you know they're going to attack this right at laughter, That's what's been going on. But these these folks are right. The climatists are wrong. Climate is dominated by nature, not man made emissions.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. The ep administrator, Lee Zelden, has gone a long way to try and correct these these omissions of real science and the bad data at the EPA. He announced he'd be repealing the two thousand and nine endangerment finding on greenhouse gases for the listener if they if they're not sure what the two thousand and nine endangerment findings are on greenhouse gases, can you tell us that first and then tell us about the impact of mister Zelden doing that from the EPA.
Speaker 8: Yeah, December seven, two thousand and nine, a date that will live an infamy, not hor but because during the Obama administration, the EPA ruled that carbonoxide and other greenhouse gases were endangering public health and welfare. It's called the endangement finding. It's basically the basis for calling carbon dioxide a pollutant and the basis for all kinds of laws to try and roll back power plant emissions and other things. Now, the EPA gets their power from the Clean Air Acts of nineteen seventies and in the nineteen eighties. EPA is the regulator of pollution across the country. But there was nothing in the Clean Air Act that talked about greenhouse gases or carbon dioxide. And so I think what the Administrator Zelden is going to argue is that the EPA overstepped their bounds in two thousand and nine and that if Congress wants this, they need to specifically vote this in. And this is going to go all the way to Supreme Court. This is they're setting up a rule making and people are going to comment, but this is going to challenge. It's going to take a couple of years, but it really is a big, big change, and we shouldn't be calling carbon dioxide a pollutant. That that's this foolish stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, how did that ever become the boogeyman in all of this? Because we know that carbon is one of the basic building blocks for life on Earth, and carbon dioxide is necessary for plants to grow, for the greening of the earth, for the production of crops, for the for the health of the oceans. We know that CO two is necessary, and we're still we're still comparatively to other times in Earth's history, at minuscule levels in our atmosphere of CO two. It's not the dominant molecule or gas that's in our atmosphere, even with all the man made emissions. How did CO two ever become the bad guy here?
Speaker 8: Well, it was a computer modelers that noted that carbonoxide was rising in our atmosphere and they said this is enhancing the greenhouse effect and causing our temperatures to rise. Doctor James Hanson and another of course, former Vice President Al.
Speaker 6: Gore promoted this in a big way.
Speaker 8: But you're right when I present the groups, I say CO two is green, makes the plants grow. It's one of the three substances on Earth, along with water and oxygen. That's the center for life. We each breathe out We burn sugars in our bodies produce carbonoxide. So everybody on Earth exhales about two pounds a day of CO two, which shouldn't.
Speaker 6: Be called a pollutant.
Speaker 8: So anyway, mister s Elton's going to try and roll this back. We'll see what happens. This will be a huge fight, but I think eventually they're going to argue on legal grounds, which is what the Supreme Court talks about, and say that the EK overstepped its bounds and Congress is going to have to vote this, which they would never do if they want to keep this endangerment finding in place.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, you know, trees breathe CO two, soda, plants yep, the ocean requires it.
Speaker 8: Well, they breathe oxygen. You're right, they breathe in CO two.
Speaker 3: Yes, for.
Speaker 8: Us philosynthesis and exhale oxygen.
Speaker 1: They breathe out oxygen for us, and we give them CO two for them. It sounds like a perfectly symbiotic relationship to me, Steve, for life on Earth, European leaders announced plans this year to invest hundreds of billions of dollars or euros in AI to try and catch up to the United States and China. In a recent article that you did, you point out that these announcements conflict with European net zero energy policies, And I think the last time we talked, we talked a little bit about this. But if they need, if they need all that energy for AI, there's no way mathematically they can make their net zero goals. Correct.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that's the case. They've all announced this year that they're going to go pursue AI. French President Emmanuel Macron said he's going to provide more than one hundred billion euros to boost artificial intelligence. But I don't think he realizes how big this is. The Meta Data Center in northern Louisiana, when it's completed by twenty thirty, is going to use two thirds of all the electricity that Paris uses, and when it's expanded, it's going to use as much as Paris. So we're talking some big, big numbers. And in France, the per person electricity has been declining since two thousand and five. It's found about sixteen percent, so every person in France, by the way, they have a person called Marine Lapine of the opposition party announced he's going to install air conditioning across France. They don't even have the air conditioning in many of the buildings or their schools, so they've.
Speaker 6: Been doing this net zero thing. In the way behind Germany.
Speaker 8: The same thing. Chancellor Angelo Marco was closing nuclear plants, more than twenty of them. The new Chancellor, Frederick Mertz says he's going to provide subsidies for data centers, but the per person power consumption in Germany's down nineteen percent since two thousand and five. And finally there's Prime Minister Kars Starmer who's also pushing AI. But UK is on the road to becoming a net zero society with a zero electricity society. With net zero, the average person in the United Kingdom consumes a third less electricity than they did twenty years ago, so they're going to have to change all this if they want to do AI, it's just not going to work. We'll see what happens. But you know, your listeners could should picture a huge title wave washing over a little tiny sailboat and the title waves the artificial intelligence revolution, and the sailboat is net zero. It's just going to get washed away by all that's going on.
Speaker 1: Last week, Nvidia announced a one hundred billion dollar investment in open AI, the artificial intelligence laboratory. I think you were kind of referencing that what is going to be the impact on US energy supply.
Speaker 8: Well, this outfit, open AI that produced chat GPP, is planning to invest something like five hundred billion dollars across the world, half of it in the United States, and they are in the process of building data centers in Texas, in other US locations, in India, Norway, Abu Dhabi. And when their stuff gets done, it's going to use more power than the city of New York. I mean, it's really really big stuff here, and so Nvidia is going to sell them something like five to six million graphics processing units is the plan, and these things cost about thirty thousand dollars apiece. I mean, this is just really really big business. And again it's another example of the big guys in the world investing all this money to do AI, and they're going to need power for all this and the wind and solar can't do it. It's just going to completely change the landscape.
Speaker 1: Personally, Thank god we have the president we have and not the one that was the other major party's choice, because we all know how much Kamalaharas loved electric school buses. Recently, an electric school bus fire in Canada. How did the kids make out?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, this was fortunate. Actually, they stopped at an intersection and the bus driver was noticing smoke coming out of his vents. There were only five kids on the bus, but he got them all off and then the thing just kind of exploded. You should see the pictures of this bus. It's just terrible and you can't put these out. Normally, a driver can put out a fire in the engine of a diesel bus he gets out of his fire extinguisher, but you can't do that with these batteries. When they catch fire, the whole thing goes up. So yeah, you know, I warned my kids and say my grandkids shouldn't be getting on school buses that are electric, and families shouldn't be doing that. The risk is just very, very high. But again this has been pushed and subsidized because of the idea that we have to try and stop the ocean from rising if we all drive electric vehicles, and that just a modern superstition.
Speaker 1: Green Breakdown, your latest book or your most recent book, you predicted that the world is heading for a renewable energy failure. How is the breakdown happening? Can it be reversed by us going back to fossil fuels, which it seems more and more of the world is realizing it's got to forget this folly of wind turbines, windmills and solar panels and get back to energy that actually works.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 8: And you know, we have a resurgence of nuclear small nuclear, small modular reactors.
Speaker 1: So we have more than two hundred.
Speaker 8: Gas fired power plant that sort of being built in the United States right now. Texas itself is planning to build one hundred gas fire power plants. So what a state like Illinois I testified for the Senate a few weeks ago, is going to do what they do with solar is going to have no effect on the overall picture. But the world's going to get back to sensible, low cost, reliable energy. By the way, the Green Breakdown has a lot of great color sidebars. One of these, and these are real headlines here's one from physics dot org. Feeding cattle seaweed reduces their greenhouse gas emissions eighty two percent. So we got a bunch of people out there that want to feed our cattle seaweed to stop global warming. But people got to get the book and it'll give them the real story, the science and the economics, and also a bunch of funny color sidebars.
Speaker 1: As you mentioned, he just testified before the Senate a couple of weeks ago. He speaks in front of groups all year long defending.
Speaker 6: The true and yeah, that was that was the Illinois Senate, by the way.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, the US Senate would be well served to have you testify and speak there as well. Steve. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time and all of the energy you expel coming on my show and dealing with me. But I really, really am so glad that we have this connection to I and call on you when I need somebody with some real information. Steve Gorham, Executive director of the Climate Science Coalition, author of The Green Breakdown, and so much more. Thank you so much, sir. Thanks hearing Jeff, You betcha. It's the nightcap in the new fall season, and we got plenty more left. Hang on, Eddie here for loan proto. Are you trapped in a high rate mortgage? Hey, look stop right now at Loan Pronto, they are delivering the lowest mort Well. W talking to Jim Reneci, businessman, entrepreneur, a former congressman, and Kenna of course in Ohio for Senate governor, was a gubernatorial candidate. Rather and he'll correct me if I get all of his all of his different detailed accomplishments and things that he's tried for wrong. But always a delightful and lively discussion with mister Raeesi about the issues of the day, especially politics in Washington, d C. And that's where we begin tonight with the government shut down and the pain felt by millions of Americans who aren't government employees, of which you know, Jim, I got to tell you, first and foremost, welcome to the show. And secondly, secondarily, I made sure that I had plenty of bottled water and toilet paper because I knew this was going to happen, because I was so concerned about it. But welcome to the show. How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great.
Speaker 7: And hopefully your listeners aren't gathering up the water and toilet paper just yet. But I can tell you you're exactly right. C ours have become a norm in Washington, DC. Shutdowns aren't as much as a norm, although I lived through a couple of them when I was in Congress. They seem to pop up here or there. They cost the American people a tremendous amount of money, even though the American people aren't aware of it, and it's one of the reasons why shutting down is not the answer. But it happens, and it's happened a couple of times now and looks like it we're in the midst of it again.
Speaker 1: Well, you know Chuck Schumer, who is getting blamed by many, and I don't think wrongly so for calling it to Schumer shutdown because he couldn't rally troops in the Senate the way he did for the big spending bill, the big whatever build back in July. He acquiesced finally on that. But Chuck Schumer is notorious for talking about how governments up downs are so terrible and they're so they're so anti democratic, and yet he is leading this one seemingly on the Democrat side of the Senate. Is he not?
Speaker 7: Well, he is, but you got to remember the only people that lose the American people. But who wins is who wins the messaging. And right now Schumer is winning the messaging battle.
Speaker 1: Oh do you think so? I don't think so. I don't think he's winning the messaging battle at all. It depends on who you listen to. But go ahead, explain your reasoning.
Speaker 7: Well, the only reason I say that is I've looked at a tremendous amount of polls. I keep track of PBS, NPR, Taris, Poles, Mourning Consult. I mean, all the polls right now are showing thirty eight percent of US adults are blaming Republicans, twenty seven twenty seven percent blaming Democrats, thirty one percent blaming both parties. So right now, if you look at polling, and I think that's the key Morning consult a poll done September twenty sixth to twenty eight, forty five percent of voters are blaming Republicans. So the messaging battle and carry here's what you have to remember. Republicans are never going to blame Republicans. Democrats are definitely going to blame Republicans, but it's the independence that really matter. And the independents have become more and more anti what's going on in Washington. They actually came out and supported Trump by almost sixty eight or sixty nine percent last November, but today their only support of at about thirty two percent. So the real key is going to be how independents think, not how Republicans think, not how Democrats think. And I do believe that these polls are showing that the Democrats have become very very sour among what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, you mentioned NPR and PBS, so those aren't going to be Those aren't going to be polls are going to be skewed to show the Republicans in a positive light. Jim, you know that. What does Trafalgar say? What does some of the other polling operations say that predicted that Trump was going to win the election? No matter what the other polls were saying, What are they saying?
Speaker 7: Well, again, I'm only looking up the ones that I'm seeing, and there is a tendency. Here's the real key, and this is the reason I think Republicans have to be a little bit concern. The Democrat message is that the reason we're staying shut down is because the Affordable Care Act tax credits are being taken away at the end of this year, and we need to make sure we stand up for those.
Speaker 1: Gus, which, of course is not entirely, entirely true. It's not true at all, And Speaker Johnson detailed that earlier today. How that's not true. They just wanted to clean CR so they could keep the government, keep the lights on, so they could finish the appropriations work that they were supposed to have done.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 7: Again, I always try and be objective.
Speaker 6: I've lived through this.
Speaker 7: A Speaker Johnson has to say what he has to say. He has to protect Republicans. I'm a little shocked, and again I don't want your listeners to think, boy when he's being hard on Speaker Johnson, I'm surprised he's not. I'm surprised that he's not in Washington. Look, I lived through two shutdowns. We were not allowed to leave. Every Republican member I actually sat in Washington, D C. On New Year's Eve because we had a shutdown over the holidays and had to be there on New Year's Eve. Always said, it's the loneliest time I've only been by myself twice on New Year's Eve. One's probably when I was born as a baby. In the second time in Congress, but yeah, we were there waiting to come up with a deal. And there are some American people who are not happy that the House isn't sitting there either. So the speaker's got the speaker has to say what he has to say. But I do think there is other pulling out there. Washington Post and again we we can claim some of these polls aren't effective, but uh, you know, seventy one percent of respondents believe that these tax credits are important, and ninety five percent Democrats, eighty percent Independence, and sixty two percent of Republicans want them to expire. So I was talking to one of my former colleagues who's a member still a member of Congress, and he said, it's going to be interesting because we probably will come back at some point in time. And you can remember I said this because I'm not making this up. I'm getting this from Republican member. We thought we probably will. We probably will come back, and it'll be by approving the ACA subsidies.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: Well, I think that in mind too.
Speaker 1: The thing that has been made. The case that's been made by the Republicans is that they're trying to save Medicaid and some of these and make make the ACE work better. And the only way you can do that is through these appropriations bills that have to be passed. There need to be There are like twelve different appropriations bills that need to pass. They've passed three of them. The House. You talked about the House being gone, and during this shutdown, the House passed the clean cr and Senate to the Senate. So the Senate is holding this up, Jim. They can make any argument that they want, They can make any argument that they want as to why. But all this is this was a stopgap to get us to November twenty. First, what I want to know is how come they can't pass a budget that isn't just a kicking the can down the road kind of thing. And it's Republicans and Democrats, And this is what people independents alike are pissed off about, including me, because I was talking to somebody else about this, Jim, and they're arguing over how to spend our money. This is money. Washington doesn't have just a big pile of money somewhere that they generated themselves to fund all these things. It is Congress's job, primarily not to conduct investigations, but to appropriate funds to levy taxes and to provide for the common defense. And constitutionally, there is no other job that Congress, the House of Representatives has, or Congress in Sentate than it is to figure out how to spend our money. It's our money, and people forget that it's the taxpayer's money, it's not Washington's money.
Speaker 7: Okay, I one hundred percent agree with you, But I want to come back to your first comment where you said, well, you know, the Speaker is saying, let's just sign this R and we're going to come back and pass our twelve appropriation bills our budget. Well, here's what I would ask the speaker if I was interviewing mister speaker, when's the last time the House and Senate has passed twelve appropriation bills and a budget? And the answer is almost forty years ago. Mister speaker, who are you kidding? You are not coming back to pass the appropriations bills, You're not coming back to pass a budget. This is the problem, and this is just what you said, and this is what American people are so set up with Garry. It's one of the reasons why I left Congress. I was on the budget committee. We could not get a budget passed, and we never got twelve appropriation bills passed. And we tried and tried and tried, and even when we got something past, the Senate wouldn't pass it either. So it doesn't matter. The speaker can say this all he wants the American people, and you're one hundred percent right. The number one job for the US Congress is to pass a budget and twelve appropriation bills. Yet they failed for forty years, and the speakers saying, well, if they just passed the c R, we're going to pass one.
Speaker 1: Well he said, he says, he says he came to change that. Jim, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: And by the way, how long has he been there? And what are your last year?
Speaker 1: Year? Two years? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And what happened and what happened the year before? They have not passed the budget and they have not passed appropriations bills. Every speaker says they're here to do it, and every speaker knows it's impossibility. So quit talking about it and come up with a solution. How about this, Gary, And here's what I've said. If Jim or Acy was Speaker of the House, I would say, none of you are leaving. We're going to stay here for three hundred and sixty five days straight until we passed twelve appropriation bills and a budget. And if you don't pass those, we'll stay for another three hundred and sixty five days straight. If you want to get the House and Senate to do their work, don't let them go home.
Speaker 1: If the US, if the US here, here's another question, Jim, and I appreciate that, and you know, uh, you want to get back into that it's nest again, go ahead and run. But but what I'm what I'm asking you is too And this is something that's always been cure. Anytime the government is shut down and they talk about all the horrors that are going to be people are going to be laying in the streets dying because they can't get medical care, and the national parks are closed, and all these federal workers are without their paychecks. You know who's not without a paycheck during a governments shut down? The people who are supposed to appropriate the funds and pass a budget in the House and Senate. How come their checks keep coming?
Speaker 6: Jim, Well, I would agree with you.
Speaker 7: And the only reason they do it's constitutionally in the law. Because people will say and by the way, if you ever hear somebody say, and you're gonna hear this, you're gonna hear a House and Senate members saying I'm going to donate my payroll on my paycheck back.
Speaker 6: That's hogwash.
Speaker 7: They can't donate their paycheck back. They have to be paid their paycheck.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: They can get their check and write a check to charities, which some of them will do, but nobody can give up their paycheck. And what's even worse, Gary, is our military does not get paid. I agree, they have to continue to serve until this government reopens.
Speaker 3: Now they'll get back paid.
Speaker 7: But how would you like to be somebody living paycheck to paycheck in the military, protecting our country and not getting paid. It's one of the reasons why we should never shut down the government just for that reason. But we do what we do, and one hundred percent agree.
Speaker 1: All right, let's switch subjects just for a few minutes. If you got a few more minutes, sure, absolutely, all right, let's talk about this unwillingness to face in various cities, an obvious problem to most people who live in these cities that crime has overtaken them. And President Trump's efforts, which were constitutional in Washington, d C. I don't know about it any other city anywhere else in the country, but all of this pushback to having federal troops actually protect federal buildings and federal law enforcement officers in these other cities, so the police of those cities can go about their job and actually arrest criminals. What's going on with all of that.
Speaker 7: Well, it's politics as usual and faith that we do need safer cities, we do need safer streets. The problem is, and I try and look at this again, not from somebody looking at the federal government or what President.
Speaker 8: Trump's trying to do.
Speaker 7: If President Trump sends these troops into these cities, that means that to get these cities safer, we have to spend more money, by spending more people, by hiring basically hiring the federal government's troops to protect our cities. That's look, it may be a short term answer, but it's not a long term answer. The minute those troops leave, things are going to go. So how do we really fix it? Yeah, and I wish we could start looking at that. How do we really fix these situations? Because sending in the military is good for thirty days, but it's not good for thirty years. And at some point in time we have to be able to sit back and figure out how to fix this. Well, and what I just told you, the only way to fix it is more money. And that's a problem because it's got to be a whole slew of things that are done to fix it. It's just not more money.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you what not going to fix it. No cash, bail is not going to fix it. A revolving door in that justice system is not going to fix it. And that's what we've seen in a lot of these large cities, Jim, and you know it as well as I do. And you know what else is not going to fix it? Hiring camp counselors instead of police, and all the other things that are attributable to the violence and chaos in some of these cities that happened to be yes controlled and run by Democrats time and time and time again.
Speaker 7: Yes or no, Well, absolutely and one hundred percent agree with you. But see you just listed out the answers, but politics, politicians and politics will not allow that to happen. So that's the real key. But you got to remember we're elected society. I may not like the way California runs their business or LA, but I also have a choice not to live in California or LA. And I think that's the answer. I mean, the minute you try and fix the problem, you know, you and I are saying, well, let's eliminate the Democrat mayors and the Democrat But the problem is they're being elected and that's the other issue. So you know, the people that are electing them want them to run the city the way they want them, or you know, the people that are electing them really aren't paying attention to who they're electing. I think it's the latter more than the former. But it is the problem we have, and it's it's why we live in a free democracy where we may not like the Los Angeles is running their city, or even the way Cleveland's running its city, but or Cincinnati or Columbus.
Speaker 1: Well, Jim Jim Jim dearborn Michigan is still a part of these United States of America, which, by the way, we are a constitutional Republic. So just because they've elected it, they can't go to sharia law over the United States Constitution and the rule of law described within. They can't, or maybe they should they maybe they should just maybe dearborn Michigan should just secede from the United States.
Speaker 7: Then well, I think what is going to happen over the next ten, fifteen, twenty years, And I hate to see this as there will be some succession talk, whether it's you know, the state of California, the state Oregon. These comments are going to continue to be discussed as to whether you know, these states want to stay in here. I hope, I hope that's not the case. But these are the issues that really our children and grandchildren are going to have to face as our constitutional republic continues to be tested, which is really what's going on here now. There's the test as to whether we will survive and will continue to be the United States of America. But you know, that'll be some time in the future. I don't think you and I will be around to see it. We continue to fight for it today, but you know, let's well, let's face it, let's.
Speaker 1: Just jim, let's just let's just make a pact to keep on living so we can continue to fight. Listen, thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it. Had a great time with you and some good information back and forth. Thanks Jim Oran Aci, thank you all right on the nightcap on seven hundred W round and third heading for home, not only on the Reds baseball season, but on tonight's night camp. And since we've talked Bengals and said everything in Sundiurya, we possibly can about this pathetic excuse for an NFL franchise in Cincinnati. It's time to put our shoes, our cleats on the other feet, so to speak, and continue our conversation with the wild Man tonight about the red season, what he thinks they need to do. Where do we go from here? I ask had a discussion on Saturday Morning show wild Man, and I'll just start with this, and we were talking about best baseball movies of all time, and my pick is still sixty one, which is the epic chronicling.
Speaker 6: Of a great movie, great movie.
Speaker 1: The Roger Merris Chase for Bay Bruce single season home run record and Mickey Mantle competing. It is a great movie. And I asked Mo Agger I said, if you were going to make a movie about this past season's Red season, what would you title it? And he said the first step. Do you agree with that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Not at all at all, No, not at all all right, So what do the Reds need to do? What would you call? What would you call? What would you title the season that was for the Reds if you were making a baseball movie about it? What would they?
Speaker 3: Still a lot of work to do?
Speaker 1: Okay, still a lot of work to do?
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean Nick Crawl has a number of decisions, and one of them is he might have to part with one of the starting pitchers in the rotation in order to get this bat that the Reds desperately need now. And I've looked at the free agency the bat of the players out there that have been a big bats, Pete Alonzo, Kyle Swarmer. Let's not kid ourselves. Kyle Swarmer is not coming here. The Phillies love love him, he loves being there. They're not letting him walk. And Peter Alonzo he'll probably stay with the Mets, but he would probably call yeah, you know, forty million dollars. I mean, come on, and he doesn't really play that grided defense at first base. They may have to trade one of their pitchers to find it bad. But there's also Marcelo Souna, you know whoever, just like thirty home runs a year for the Braves is available, so might that might be a guy that Tin Kram might be willing to bring in. Here he went and caught him an arm on the leg. But here here's the following things that's probably going to happen. I'm not going to say it will, but the first thing is, yeah, Tito fran Conan needs to sit down with Li de la Cruz and say, look, man, I know, I know you're a team guy. You want you want to win. We need you to move the right field. And here is why. And I heads back to nineteen to seventy five when Sparky Anderson sat down with p Rose and said, hey, would you be willing to move the third base sor George Fauffler could blay left field because it would really help the team. And Pete said, absolutely, I'll move the third base. No, you can't let the inmates run the asylum. You can't let them do it. So you asked La de la Cruz to move to right field, and I think he would and he would have plenty of time to learn how to play right field during spring training. He's got the arm. You keep Frido in center, you keep Marte in left field. You get rid of Austin Hayes, you get rid of Will Benson, you get rid of Espinal. You let Amelia Pagan walk, You let get rid of Sam maul let Martinez walk in his twenty one million dollar deal. H they let them guys go. They let those guys go. Now, who plays third base? To me, that's a new brand, that's a new brainer, south Stewart. But you also keep Keana Hayes because of his defense. But south Stewart can also plays first base. Spencer Steel plays first Who plays shoot shortstop?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: And you didn't ask me Matt McClean, But he would be on his short lease coming out of spring training. But Matt McLean is a short stop from the get go. Matt McLean only made a errors at second base. Led Day, la Cruz made twenty four errors, and in the last two years, Gary Jeff l De la Cruz has made forty eight errors at shortstop. You can't have that. You can't have that. He who would play second. They could possibly find a second basement in free agency, or they could play Gavin Lutz over there at second and or they can platoon that. But to me, it starts with sitting down with l de la Cruz and saying, look, man, we need you to move to right field. This would be for the benefit of the team. You may sell out there. You can track balls down. Think how many home runs that he possibly could could save a great American ballpark. As tall as he is, and his lapman ability and the arm that he's got. You need a strong You need a strong arm in right field now. Now as a relief the relief pitchers, I'd keep Scott Barlow. I keep Brett sooner. I bring him back because he's a lefty and can I make big, big sweaty Tony Santion as the closer.
Speaker 7: I you know.
Speaker 1: What's Here's here's what I would say, just depending on his development. I wouldn't use Chase Burns as a starter. I'd use him as as a closer, a late closer, Chase Burns or or a setup guy.
Speaker 3: They could be our setup guy. They could be thinking that way I did. Tony's Antion has got the boxing, uh to be that closer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really do to.
Speaker 3: Uh, But again, Burns and also you got Connor, you got Connor Phillips, who really was took a big step forward there the season went on, all right, Yeah, that's my take on that.
Speaker 1: When they brought Burns up and they gave him that start in the Yankees, and he when he struck out the first five batters he faced just blowing that smoke. And then of course they figured out what he was doing and and they torched him after that. But I thought, put put that guy in in the seventh or eighth inning. He is gonna he is gonna blow the those two three batters away that you need him to do, and he's gonna provide a perfect setup for for somebody like Santiene or santi On how however you pronounce it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it'd be kind of like the Nasty Boys, you know, when he brought it to arm Charlton, Rob Bibble and Randy Myers and all the viral ballers. I mean, you put Connor Phillips maybe in the seventh innings, Chase Burns, ninth inning, Tony Sandy on lights out.
Speaker 1: I agree with that that mentality and We have talked ever since the middle of the season about Ellie moving to the outfield, and.
Speaker 3: Everybody says that, you know, and again behind the scenes, you know I'm gonna I'll go back again. In nineteen seventy five, Sparky went to Peter Rouse because he knew that George Foster was ready and Parks and they didn't Pete Berline. Pete played third base back in nineteen sixty six, but nobody kind of stuck him over there and he sucked at it, but he went to third base. He played a pretty good third base with the Reds and the years that he was here. I mean the very first game, Gary, Jeff, the very pitch of the game, where do you think the ball was into when Prose went to third base the third base, Yeah, Pete feeling it flawlessly and threw the guy out. I mean, he wasn't a gold glove. Be sure you know he played, you know, he played well over there, he really did. I had opened the door for George lost her.
Speaker 1: I think, and I think he would agree with this, because you're such a sycophant when it comes to Pete.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think Pete Rose could have played any position and probably learned it and and been well more than proficionally positioned.
Speaker 3: So you know, my guys can say that and exactly would have went behind the plate if he had they had, if they needed him.
Speaker 1: He would have done that. All right, Well, get on back to your reruns whatever it is you're watching tonight.
Speaker 3: I have no idea, uh quickly about bad Bunny is the NFL. The NFL has lost its mind. They don't need somebody like that to sell the game. I just don't understand that. I didn't know who's bunny.
Speaker 1: Really, I didn't know who the hell he was until I saw him in a pet in a pink dress.
Speaker 3: What the hell the NFL cross dressers in Spanish? What I speak English? What he's saying. The idiots, man, they really.
Speaker 1: Are, there are they're always about three or four years behind the times in culture when they you know, they don't understand that the whole, the whole, everybody's trans and the woke movement's done. They don't they don't understand stick of forking and it's done, wild man.
Speaker 3: Not only not only that, buddy, is that they don't need that, They don't need that the game itself.
Speaker 1: Hell no, listen, uh, We're done to stick a fork in us. Wild Man, thank you. I'll talk to you next week. How about that.
Speaker 3: I'll talk to you next week, my friends.
Speaker 1: All right, now we conclude with the national anthem to Honor America on seven hundred W l W. Yes, it is once more time to check in with the human goo factory known as wild Man Walker, also known as a sports commando. And in the wake of another expected Bengals loss yesterday to the Lions, I'm sure there's plenty of good to go around for the wild Man. Uh, wild how you doing today? You're recovering.
Speaker 3: I'm well, I don't have the goo. I'm dumb after the other two losses. I'm numb about this football team. That's a lost season. I don't really care what happens. And it's not gonna matter until they get rid of Zach Taylor and Duke Covin and Jake Browning. This team's gonna it's gonna be. It's a disaster. It's a fricking dismester. Gary, Jeff, let's keep it real here.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Bengals were never ever in that game yesterday, and you got these talking heads on television. Well, they scored twenty something points, you know, and three touchdowns. Those touchdowns were garbage like in basketball, garbage time. They were covering this game. Jake Browning, it's not the end or to lead this team to any wins. I want to ask you this, What in the hell has he was he doing last year when he was on the sidelines holding that clipboard watching Joe Bartle play.
Speaker 1: What was he doing?
Speaker 3: Was he taking notes? Was he watching the game? I mean, he set out all last year and watch how things went on the field, and he comes on and performs like this. He's not the answer man.
Speaker 1: You know, wild manship, wild man, I go, I gotta tell you this. So I walked into the studio today and I just caught him. Before I left, I saw Tony Pike and I said, have the Bengals called yet? He said, I'm putting together a highlight film because we had We got six foot five of NFL backup quarterback walking around here at the radio studio. I mean, almost anything would be better than watching Jake Browning just melt down and he knows it's not good, he knows it's not right. I don't know if he's physically capable of rising above his browniness at this point, I don't I don't even know.
Speaker 3: And the words of Lou Penela, I've seen enough. I've seen enough of Jake Browning and ownership, ohs, the loyal fan base and Cincinnati who have stuck with this team to thickened in to the bidder end, the lows, the highs, to go out and find a quarterback that can possibly get them some wins. Whoes not now, don't paint on this, but right now the AFC Nora is up for grabs. Yeah, the Raven stink, the brown stink. The Steelers are Okay, there's still a chance. So let's get a quarterback in here. And they have to trade a player and a draft choice, do whatever, but get a quarterback in here that can sling the ball to the two best receivers possibly in the NFL. And that's t Higgins and Jamar Chase. Jamie isn't winsdon it's the guy I want because that guy will sling it and he may throw some pigs, but he knows what he's doing. And he went to learn that the playbook, you know, all that, the complicated playbook. Think you're gonna give him basic plays, man, and go out.
Speaker 1: There and do it well, give him basic plays and let him call the plays too, because you know what you mentioned, the brown stink and the Ravens stink, which I can't argue with. And guy, the Ravens talk about a skeleton of their former team just with all of the injuries and everything that happens to every NFL team, but not like it has Baltimore this year, Pittsburgh, the Steelers being okay, But you know what those three teams have that the Bengals don't. A competent head coach, Kevin's Kevin Stefanski of the Browns. That the Browns product may not be the front office, the players may not be up to snuff, but Kevin Stefanski is uh. John Harbaugh is chronicled as one of the best coaches year after year in the NFL. And Mike Tomlin, all he does is put together whatever he's got and they are a viable opportunity to win every time, every Sunday, every time they go out on the field in Pittsburgh. And I'm telling you that is the major difference between every other team in our division and the Cincinnati Bengals. Do you agree or not?
Speaker 3: I agree, and On top of that, they have in the front office. They have very smart football people. The Skimmers give the Ravens zoo. Yeah, the Browns du sorta. But Duke Duke Toban for some reason gets the pass from the milk toots media in this town, Radio, TV and those scribes. Duke Toban's track record, look at it, it's not very good. I mean, Ray Charles could have taken Jamar, Chase Steeviee Wonder could have taken Joe Burrow. Duh. It's the other guys. And if they're afraid to give up a sixth round pick thinking they're gonna find something, you know, superstar and the sixth round of the draft to get Jamis and incident in here to possibly salvage the season. There are their minds that's not going to happen, and give up the sixth round picker. Great one of those players, and they got that. Maybe the as we want.
Speaker 1: If they don't have if they don't have the proper line personnel, it's not gonna matter who the QB is. Wild Man and the Bengals are soft on both sides of the football when it comes to those front five.
Speaker 3: I know that Gary Jeff but an experienced quarterback who has seen everything, and jamieus wins them. You can go back. Even with the Browns, they didn't have a great offensive line, but he was he was lightening up pretty good. He'll make mistakes, but he'll be entertaining right now.
Speaker 1: This is not entertainment. No, your absolutely, no, you're right. It is not entertaining. Even if they were losing forty to thirty every game, at least a shootout would be entertaining. This is just bet add football that we're watching from the Cincinnati Bengals. And it goes far beyond who is calling the signals behind the center.
Speaker 8: This is just.
Speaker 3: The lower base, you know, you know it needs the ownership needs to you know, come, I'm crowd to do something here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what the answer is. I'm not an NFL I'm not an NFL general manager. I'm not an NFL head coach. I'm not an owner. I'm just a fan. I'm a fan. I'm watching, you know, they're they're there for my entertainment. And as you mentioned, this is boring. This isn't entertaining. It's not entertaining.
Speaker 3: You can see it why can't they see it to some of the problems. I mean, they always they try to make football sense of science. You know, come on, give me a break. You know, you run the football, you pass the football. It's like baseball. See them hit the ball, catch the ball. It's not rocket science. I always you can see where the problems are.
Speaker 1: I always regarded you as a as a nuclear physicist, wild Man, I just don't understand.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not in that class yet. I tried, but I failed that. But I'm not really. I'm really just numb right now. Over the Bengals season. I really don't care. I mean, I'll watch them. I watched this game yesterday and I really and I just went and when they threw the picks, I went, whatever. You know, they're they're just bad and Brownie. You start with Jake Browning and he can talk all he wants, but he's not the answer and he need to get him out of there.
Speaker 1: I watched the game specifically because I like to watch the Lions play, because you know what, wild Man, they are entertaining.
Speaker 3: Yes, they are very entertaining.
Speaker 1: They're entertaining. They're there for me for my amusement, like a clown. Do amuse me? All right, wild Man?
Speaker 3: And when they want and when they wanted to score, they could score yesterday at will. They just took it easy. They could have scored sixty points yesterday. I am.
Speaker 1: I am there with you one hundred percent. I tell you what. Let's take a break and come back and we'll finish up. Okay, all right, it's the wild Man Sports for the out of Sorts on the nightcap and the new Fall season seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Why would a guy in financial services pick a fight with the financial industry because in many cases the system they built works more for them than it does free