Speaker 1: Oh boy, Bernie the dog, he's my big boy. He's a big poodle. He is sick. So for the last few days, since about Sunday or so, he'll go outside and he'll have the runs, and the poor guy and he'll you know, they try and they go and then they feel like they got to go again. So then he wants out again and again, and he'll sit out there and he'll try to poop and try to poop, and he'll he'll get the runs. So he went on the carpet on Monday morning sometimes, so he'll go downstairs to the exit door and where we let him out, and he'll he pooped on the carpet. He's never pooped on the carpet ever, not even once. We've had him for like six or eight months now, so we're kind of worried about him. Last night and we heard him going up and down the stairs. And so this morning, Susan I woke up. My wife says, did he poop down there? And I go downstairs and look it was like you ever take a bottle of mustard?
Speaker 2: No? And you yeah, No.
Speaker 1: It was like somebody took a giant bottle of poop mustard and went all over the carpet this morning. Did you do your typical like, Susan, I didn't see it. Let me finish the story. So I go upstairs and in his little room that he has, there's carpet there too. Poop mustard bottle again. Oh no, splatters everywhere. Oh gosh, Susan's like, is it bad now? I wanted her to be able to sleep because I knew if I told her it's worse than you could ever imagine. I know that she would not have gotten back to sleep. So because I care, I said, no, it's not so bad. There's a couple of couple of piles. It's not too bad. Because I wanted her to go back to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, piles or puddles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not want to There's a difference between a pile and a puddle, you know what I'm talking about, Jenny. And I wanted her to go be able to go back to sleep, so for the next couple of hours she can sleep peacefully, restfully. She would not be able to sleep knowing that it was all over with the giant poop mustard bottle. Did I do the right thing, Jenny?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you did the right thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that was nice of you, but like, also, what's wrong with Burne?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We're gonna have to take him to the vet because the poor guy, he's such a sweet dog. She's like, he's he's trying to throw up. She put him in the bathroom with me this morning. She put him in the bathroom. He stood stationary for fifteen minutes, just did not move. So he's trying to throw I don't know if he ate something. He probably ate a shoe, yeah, and his intestines are blocked or something like that. Did I do the right thing by Bailey?
Speaker 2: Well, it's the right thing to not tell her, But did you clean it.
Speaker 1: Up that I didn't have a time. I didn't leave any time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I figured you didn't. So that's why I was.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I mean that's kind of our deal, is like you know, she she doesn't get up at four or fifteen in the morning and work, So I would have cleaned it up had I had some more time or at least started to. But I'm gonna be honest with you, this was probably a forty five minute clean up job.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, I can picture it.
Speaker 3: I can picture, Like, what kind of equipment. You all have to get out to clean the mass up.
Speaker 1: There is no proper equipment. It's a towel and it's another towel, and it's a bucket and some soapy water. And then even after that, you got to call zero res. Yeah, because you're not gonna get it. And this is a brand new house. Yeah, we've lived there two weeks. Forgot brand new, brand new, brand new car.
Speaker 2: He's baptizing it for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he sure is got it. Really, what would you have done? Let's say you woke up, you get a little dog you let's say Ava, yea, and you woke up, and let's say you got to work and Alyssa's got the day off and you woke up and it's everywhere. Would you lie and say, yeah, it's not that bad and let her go back to sleep transparently? No.
Speaker 4: I probably would wake a Lissa up just because I know she'd be more concerned about what's wrong with Ava, and I wouldn't be able to like, let's just say I didn't tell her anything.
Speaker 1: Then I come home from.
Speaker 4: Work and it's worse, and other Lissa's like, oh God, what's wrong with Ava? Then I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I didn't even tell her that there was an initial incident. You know, I would have if you didn't tell Susan, good for you. I would have cleaned it up, because now it's going to continue to seep and soak into the.
Speaker 1: Carpet, cheep and soak. Yes, wake up to the smell of the poop and puddles. It's horrible. I'll tell you. It's one of the things about having a dog. We forgive our dogs for so much because we just love them so much, and then you take them to the vet and it's going to cost five hundred and sixty two dollars for the vet. And that's just the way it is.
Speaker 5: I remember when I had dogs I would like keep track of I'd say, like, if I had a nickel for every time I've stepped in poop or vomit, I would be rich.
Speaker 2: Because you step in poop, pee, vomit so often with a dog. With a dog, it's so gross, but we love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's like you just forget and they don't know, and they're so innocent, and they they look a little bit guilty, like they feel bad. But maybe it's just your imagination, So what would you do? I hope you've woken up to a better morning than I've had so far, So all right, move in on on Katibb. It is Tuesday. Savannah Guthrie's mom. Have you guys heard about this story? It's the weirdest story. And my son Chase works as a reporter in Arizona and that's a big story everywhere. But if you don't know Savannah Guthrie, who's an anchor on like This Today Show, big thing on the Olympics and on NBC, her mom, who is eighty four years old, has gone missing. Nobody has seen her since Sunday. She's elderly, she's eighty four. They say she's on medication that she needs all the time. She cannot walk more than fifty yards and they are almost certain that someone abducted her. Now, old people, if they get dementia, they do wander away. They'll even get in their car and drive hundreds of miles and not know where they are. But they say it looks like an abduction. And people are like, well, why why would you? And they are connecting it to the fact that you know she's Savannah Guthrie's mother, like maybe a kidnapping sort of thing. I don't know, it's so weird, like who would there's no kidnappings anymore unless it's like a random dad taking his daughter or something like that. But you don't really hear about kidnappings because they're so easy to foil, you know what I mean, There's no way they're going to get away with it. You do the money drop over here where they're going to nab you on the money drop. So it's just a weird story. They say they're looking at DNA. They say it definitely looks like it was a crime and not her. Wonder. It's just such a weird, sad story. Yeah, and then people are going, why is why is Savannah Guthrie's mother getting so much attention?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like a strange it's a strange situation, but just like a strange like choice of people too likes such.
Speaker 2: It's just interesting. I'm interested to see, like what happens with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I mean I hope she's okay about I mean three or four days now without her medication at eighty four years old. Yeah, and obviously with somebody who's probably not concerned about her health. That's not a good thing, all right. Other things going on. Vunster's the Pot coming up in a little bit, Dave's Dirt, we're gonna cover that for you. Cardi B tickets all coming up on the Dave Ryan Show. Let us know your thoughts on anything. If you need us ten send a text to k d w B one three kd w B. Well, it's kind of early, but never too early for young Vontavious Carl Leak to take a big ladle and stir that pot.
Speaker 4: It's actually not me Today Today's Kicky Palmer. She's got people on the internet talking about something she said on the Today Show.
Speaker 2: But one thing I need you to know is that I never want to live together.
Speaker 5: You're so questioned.
Speaker 2: I take it personally.
Speaker 1: I like my lone time with the Goldberg said the best one.
Speaker 2: She was like, I don't want to better in my house. Yeah wait, wait, wait this time out.
Speaker 1: You're for real, right, even Mary, even do you live around the corner.
Speaker 2: The corner will be great.
Speaker 1: So she never wants to live with her partner ever.
Speaker 4: And I know there's a big debate because there's celebrities that I know that live on the opposite side of the country from their partner. Do you think you could not live with your partner?
Speaker 1: I could not live with Susan and she could not live with me. I mean, what's the point of being married if you don't want to. But it's nice to have somebody around the house. But when I go to Colorado, I enjoy the five days there of like solitude or seeing my friend or my sister or whatever. And you know, it's not like I'm going, gosh, I wish she were here, but it's kind of like me. You love me, right, Do you want to see me all the time? No?
Speaker 4: But do you think that when you go to Colorado you're okay with it because you know it's temporary? Like what if it wasn't every day your lifestyle was I don't see my wife every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. I'd have to. I'd have to give that a try, right, Yeah, right away, Jenny.
Speaker 5: I have friends who it's not that they don't live together, but they have like their own like rooms or their own spaces in their house. And that I love because I think.
Speaker 2: I would you would end.
Speaker 5: Up even if you really really love someone and you're just so in love, I would get sick of you eventually, and I would need to retreat to a place that's just mine.
Speaker 2: And so I have friends who just have their room, and then you like.
Speaker 1: Their bedroom, their bedroom, not a room to like hang out in necessarily, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so then you go to your bedroom at night, and then if you choose to be together at night, that it's a choice that you're making and you're still like in the same place, you know, splitting rent or mortgage whatever and all of that, but you have.
Speaker 2: Your own space, which sounds lovely.
Speaker 3: Danny Oh, I've said this on the radio before, back when I was in a long term relationship. I said that it'd be great if I just like live next door to my partnerol, like if I had a house and they lived right next door, so we had the option to see each other at any time. I think there's still a difference between what Bailey's saying of friends having their own rooms but being in the same house and like being in separate houses. And I just like my things the way I like them, and when they're not that way and they're misplaced because someone put them somewhere else and they can't remember where they put them.
Speaker 2: So then that makes my living.
Speaker 3: Situation stressful to me because I've been living by myself for like almost a year now, and it's been great to just know my house is exactly how I want it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I could do a shared space. But I love I mean as somebody that did long distance, and I guess it is different when you get married, but it's somebody that.
Speaker 1: Did long distance.
Speaker 4: It is just so nice to have somebody to come home to, to talk to, to be able to not say anything for hours and then just make a stupid joke or like.
Speaker 1: Far in front of them and just be like ha ha, No, I get that. No, It's like I think that there's a lot of married couples like, yeah, I enjoy a break. It's like you hear about moms who are like I'm going to the hotel this weekend. I'm going to go to the Marriott. I'm gonna go swim, I'm going to watch a movie in my underpants. I'm going to order a pizza. And that's like your kind of escape, and there's I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I mean, sure, there are couples that just cannot get enough of each other. I don't know that that lasts forever. Here's a text message at Katie WB one really interesting. My mom's been with their partner for twenty years. They live two hours apart. Wow, twenty years. Yeah, and they live two hours apart.
Speaker 5: I have a friend who is like sort of recently married within the last five years, and his wife is doing like a medical program down at like Mayo, and so she lives in Rochester and he lives in Saint Paul. And they have two kids, so like he sees her event like sometimes and then they just kind of like cart back and forth, these little bitty kids right for them.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine, he's like, I gotta know with like a totally normal guy forty ish or so. His husband doesn't live with them, And I'm like, how does that work out? He's like, Oh, it's great, it's great. He comes over once in a while on the weekend. We see each other, and then he goes back to his house. I'm like, Wow, and you're married.
Speaker 2: And you're married.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. God blessed the people that can do that. That's strong love, that is real, true love.
Speaker 5: It's like marrying like a pilot your pilot is going to be gone for a long time, right, I want.
Speaker 1: To marry a pilot that goes hot. Yeah, yeah, yeah. If you're a pilot and you want to, like, you know, have a second husband, yeah, let me know, send me a text. You're married, Katie one, so so you would need.
Speaker 2: A second husband too.
Speaker 1: You're right. Okay, that's a good one. Bought. I like that one. What do you think? Send a text, said Katie will to be one. By the way, Pucksatani. Phil did see his shadow yesterday, which in Minnesota means six more weeks of bad sports teams.
Speaker 5: You know the city that he sees his shadow in is called Dave, Do you know? I think it's Gobbler's Knob.
Speaker 1: That was your mom's nickname in high school.
Speaker 5: But that's actually the.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, Bailey, And we'll be back with the sing along song of the day. I need your help. I need your help. It's a desperate plea for help. What song should we play next? I want to know what song we should scream sing along with next to kind of boost your move because I figured out a couple of things. You cannot be unhappy when you're singing unless you're singing like a very sad song. You can't be unhappy when you're singing, and you really can't can't be unhappy when you're eating. You can't be unhappy when you're playing ukulele. You can't be unhappy when you're making sweet sweet love. You don't have time for that. You got to be somewhere. But you can't sing along with the radio this morning. Send me a text and let me know what song you want to sing along with. Even if you've texted in before, we didn't play it, try it again. Or if we played one of your songs yesterday we had to repeat Brittany on the show, who would send in a couple of songs? Send me a text to Katie, will you be one, five, three, nine to one and we'll play your song next. Kennbury Tale Bryan kt w B and come over to your bar mitzvah and come over to your birthday party, your mom and dad's anniversary party, and I'll stand up and go. Wanda Aprile with his shorter Sota. The drift of maj has passed it to the rota and bothered every vine and swish liqueur of which ver two in gendred is the floor, and then it goes on and on and on swish liqueur. I don't know as old English.
Speaker 2: That sounds delicious.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go with our sing along song of the day. Good morning, Norah, Good morning, Good morning Nora. What part of town are you in this morning?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Lovely Hudson, Wisconsin. Beautiful over there, Yeah, just across the river gate gateway to the Dairy State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got spotted cow on tap there that they do.
Speaker 1: Yes, Nora, I need, I need some information. I need a fun fact about you, Nora.
Speaker 2: Oh taps on.
Speaker 1: Facts that I always use at any corporate icebreaker is that I received the Principles Award for being most humorous in kindergarten in mum. It's funny because I was really funny in elementary school too. I was the class clown. My job was to make my friends laugh. And now I'm a DJ, so it kind of has worked out. What do you what do you do for a living now? Do you still work the humor into your career?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I teaked in kindergarten for sure.
Speaker 2: Now I work in accounting for a law firm.
Speaker 1: Oh boring, Oh my god, No, no fun and humor allowed at the law firm. No, that's an admirable job, and we appreciate you. What song can we play for you to sing along with? Nora? I want to hear some clarkson My life would stuck without you. Nobody plays this song anymore. That's a great choice, Nora. Thank you. Have great day in Hudson. Hey, thanks, guys, have great day. Bye. One on one three kdwbur. When you are thirsty, you just got done working out, it's snap fitness and you want a little refreshing drink of water, you go for something kind of chilly. But that's the wrong way to do it, they say. Searches for hot water on Google are through the roof. Nothing to do with a cold snap. They say that it does because of a health hat going around. TikTok says that drinking hot water is way healthier than drinking cold, especially hot water on an empty stomach. It is supposed to help with everything from digestion to circulation. So is it just TikTok nonsense or is there so truth behind it? Well, we send our reporters into the field to find out and here's what the here's what they've learned. It's not really a new tip. Warm drinks are big and traditional Chinese medicine supposed to be good for your she, for your sheet. You know what a she is, It's spelled a chi a chi okay, spelled q I. If you ask people in those circles, they'll say hot water is better. It's supposed to help with anxiety, weight loss, and filter out more toxins. But if you ask doctors here in the West, they'll say it's all fantasy or at least overblown. A nutrition expert at the University of Virginia and talked about it, said more water in general is good, but whether it's hot or cold really doesn't matter. As long as it's wet, which is what my dad used to say. He would come inside and drink a glass or regular like you know, room temperature water, daddad grows as long as it's wet. I don't care what, okay, Hot or cold water. Either one can help with digestion because hydration in general helps. But the doctor, she says, the idea that hot water flesh is more toxins is just wrong. Your livering kidneys to deal with the toxins. More water won't hurt, but drinking it cold is just as good. So it's up to you drink more water, drink more water, and we don't drink enough water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, I I remember I felt like in high school, like we didn't carry around water bottles like it was.
Speaker 2: No, it was like nobody did once once.
Speaker 5: I don't maybe it was like in the like after I had graduated, maybe well into like the twenty tens, is when like having a water bottle turned into kind of like.
Speaker 1: A crashion thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so then everybody had like a quirky, cute water bottle. But when I was in high school, you didn't carry water. And so it's so it's so strange to me, not strange, but it's nice to see that, like, oh, kids these days do carry water bottles and they drink water all day as they should, cause we were dehydrated.
Speaker 1: I was exactly right.
Speaker 4: I was in high school with twenty fifteen to twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I lived in that arrow. It was.
Speaker 4: It wasn't at the pump where at Stanley's yet, but we definitely was trendy, like what mil can you carry around a water bottle with the school logo on it or something? And I don't know when, but there was some point I was not a water drinker really, and I don't know where. I drank a bottle of water one day and then I became a religious water drinker. I literally have three water bottles over here right now because I just love like I'm just dehydrated.
Speaker 1: Drink, drink, drink. I'm the opposite. I don't think I have a thirst reflex that works very well. I just don't get thirsty coffee. I do for coffee, but I mean I drink drown. I drink brown liquid all day long, and once in a while, if I'm over at snap, I'll be like, well, I'm a better hemp some water? Can I tell you? Speaking of toxins, have you seen It's like a foot soak that you put your feet into it. You can order it on Instagram or Facebook. You put your bare feet into it and it vibrates and shakes and it supposedly sucks all the toxins out of your feet, out of your body, and you can tell because the water turns brown. Have you seen this? Okay, then I don't have to spend a lot of time on it. But it's a bunk. It's bunk. It looks like, oh my god, because it turns brown. It looks like it's regular tapwaters soaking your feet and then but they say it's something about like the mechanism it is the water is oxidizing. Yeah, so it turns brown whether you have your feet in it or not. Oh really, So do not buy this garbage.
Speaker 5: See I would assume that maybe it's like cleaning your feet kind of like the the like hypersonic like cleaner for your like teeth stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just for your feet.
Speaker 2: But like what not.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff. There's a lot of things about toxins, and people are like, oh, yeah, do a juice cleanse or do a water fast or whatever and get all the toxins out of your body. And doctors will say over the body does a great job of cleaning out its own toxins, so you don't need to worry about that. By the way, have some toxins this morning for breakfast, brink some are and your cereal little oatmeals and toxins on tops on Tuesday, yeh, togs and Tuesday. You can't make this stuff up. Is brought to you by the LEO Agency, and we had a lot of dirt covers, So let's get started.
Speaker 2: If gossiping was a career. They make Dave's dirt on KADWB.
Speaker 1: Really interesting story. Savannah Guthrie, who is a host on The Today Show and also she does like the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. She's going to go to the Olympics and cover NBC. She's like an attorney anchor for NBC. Her mother is eighty four years old and she's been missing since about Sunday from her home in Tucson, Arizona. Here is and they have no idea. A lot of elderly people wander away if they have dementia, but they say, she doesn't have dementia, and she couldn't wander more than fifty yards without being helped, and she's got to take medication or she'll die. Here is a clip from the Pima County Sheriff talking about what they.
Speaker 6: Know saw some things at the home that we're concerning to us. We believe now after we process that crime scene, that we do in fact have a crime scene, that we do in fact have a.
Speaker 1: Crime They say that they do have DNA, but it could be meaning it could be the housekeeper, it could be the neighbor or whatever. It's going to take days to process the DNA. Anyway, if they get the DNA, that doesn't mean they're any closer to the suspect, but just a weird Here's an old lady that should be doing cross words and looking at birds out the window, and some horrible, horrible person decides to abduct her. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I hope we get like answers. I hope it's not like, you know, cold case situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to know what's happening.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think she lives in a decently nice neighborhood. And I saw that the cops were asking everyone to like check their ring camera. Yeah, see if anyone could find anything. So. Kim Kardashian has taken a break from studying for the California BARXAM to flirt with an F one driver named Lewis Hamilton. Apparently last weekend they checked into the same luxury hotel in England and reportedly they had exclusive use of the pool and the spa, and then yesterday the pair traveled together to Paris on Kim's private jet. A source said that Kim and Lewis have tried to keep a low profile, but it's pretty hard considering they both basically have bodyguards.
Speaker 2: Following them at all times.
Speaker 3: But that's the first time I've heard of her dating anyone new It's been a minute.
Speaker 2: It has been a minute since Pete Davidson. No, when was the last guy she dated? Doesn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Americans will spend a record one point seven to six billion dollars on legal Super Bowl bets this year and potentially illegal Super Bowl bets this year as well. American Gaming Association says no single event brings fans together like the super Bowl, and this record figure shows just how much American's joys sports betting as part of the experience. But they say you should choose legal, regulated sports books. This year was the first year I realized how much people are betting on sports, and that's like its own sport in itself, it seems, is gambling sports gambling.
Speaker 1: Carson did. He went on sports Kings or whatever it's called, and he lost twenty dollars right away, and he said, never again. And I said, that's the great lessoning gambling. Do not get sucked into gambling. It's great and fun for just a little joy. But yeah, I was really glad that he lost twenty go do and said that's enough, right exactly, I don't think you can sports be here. I really think it's hilly legal.
Speaker 2: It was literally our debate topic first first semester.
Speaker 1: The rumors are true.
Speaker 4: Kelly Clarkson announced that her talk show is officially d U N done. She put a long post on Instagram, but to sum it up, she says, she's stepping away from the daily schedule, which I'll allow her to prioritize her kids.
Speaker 1: This isn't good bye.
Speaker 4: She'll still be making music, playing shows here and there, and you may catch her on the Voice from time to time.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people were.
Speaker 4: Speculating this after she took some time off last year because of her ex husband's death. Also another shake up in the daytime talk show industry, Sherry Shepherd's shows also ending after NIA. It's like four years she replaced Wendy Williams in that slot, and she said after this season she's also d U N A.
Speaker 2: Don I wonder what's going to replace it then?
Speaker 1: Also any show, I don't know anything. Super Bowl's coming up on Sunday, and we talk about like some of the great super Bowl halftime shows. But here are according to a survey from a website called tv line, here are the worst Super Bowl performances of all time. Super Bowl forty five in twenty eleven, the Black Eyed Peas, from audio issues to uninspired performances. Not even guest spots from Slash and Usher could save that one. The Blues Brothers in nineteen ninety seven. The act really should have been retired when John Belushi died, but they had the freaking Blues Brothers out in an act that was so bad I forgot they were even ever there. I'd never liked the Blues Brothers either. Anyway, they creeped me out. It was just that that gives me the skeevy devies because they're just creepy. The Blues. The Blues Brothers creep me out? Is the Blues Brothers. I'm a soul Man, Yes, which they didn't even do it. They didn't even do that originally. That's a song by somebody else. Number three were Super Bowl of all time. Janet Jackson Justin Timberlake. The gripe here is mostly about how she got black ball for showing her bejeweled nurple, but Justin pretty much skated away with no controversy, but all the boob stuff made you forget about the show that also featured Nelly, Kid Rock and Jessica Simpson. I remember nothing about that super Bowl except him tearing her little, uh broad top off, right, and then he goes, I'm gonna have you naked by the end of this song, and then they bought. He looked at the camera and then she looked shocked, like, oh, you tore my top off. But it was so deliberate they called it a wardrobe malfunction. Yeah, it was extremely deliberate, and it was just like, you know what, I don't know, okay. Number two Disney halftime shows in ninety one, ninety five, and two thousand worst halftime shows. One featured New Kids on the Block, another one had Tony Bennett and Patty LaBelle, and the third was handlined by Phil Collins, Christina Aguilera and Enrique Iglesias. But the worst super Bowl halftime show of all time featured Maroon five super Bowl fifty three and twenty nineteen and Adam Levine showing his nipples. I was just like, huh, not necessary, and les are the worst super Bowl halftime shows of all time? That's the dirt on KDB. We're gonna get right into vaunched on this. Are you gonna do this every day? That's how the month works? Yeah, every day for Black History Month month, Vaunt is put together a Black History Month moment. Let's check it out. Let's get flowers to the voices that change the game. So it's time to celebrate another artist on Funts Black History Month Moment on KDWB.
Speaker 4: It was nineteen ninety six when hip hop was dominated by East Coast and West Coast sounds, but it was getting ready to be taken over by a sound no one had ever heard before. Straight from Atlanta, Georgia Andre three thousand and Big Boy took jazz, techno, psychedelic, and funk and butter rapping like no other Southern artists had before to create outcasts. They call themselves outcast because they never felt they fit into their own neighborhoods or Atlanta's sound, or even on stage with traditional mainstream rappers, still saying true to who they were and never giving up, even after being booed for winning Best New Rap Group at the Source Awards with their third album, Atlien's Debut, It helped solidify their sound and who they were.
Speaker 1: Their first pop hit and first song to.
Speaker 4: Land the number one spot on the Billboard Hot one hundred came in two thousand. By this point, Outcast was a household name that was changing the game and shifting pop culture.
Speaker 1: Forward, winning Grammys.
Speaker 4: And landing the number one spot on American Top forty with Ksey Kaso says, you know you've left the legacy on music when nearly thirty years later, your songs are still timeless and played on the radio as often as if they dropped yesterday. Outcast legacy isn't just about hits, It's about originality. They proved that you could be Southern, experimental, unapologetically black, and still dominate.
Speaker 1: The mainstream without compromising who you are.
Speaker 4: And because of them, generations of Southern artists had the freedom to sound like themselves. That's Outcast and today's Black History Month.
Speaker 1: Moments celebrating the voices that shifted culture forward. In a mathon ONGWB kd WB on the Dave Brian in the Morning Show. Coming up in a second, we're gonna kind of revisit the He's got a perfect body and he's got a beautiful face, but his mom calls him three times a day. Would you date this guy? Perfect body, perfect face, but his mama calls him three times a day and he's on the phone for an hour each time. An we'll talk about that coming up in a second. We've got a bunch of other stuff too, including got Cardi b tickets and a little bit of group therapy. We're also going to ask it's kind of a funny question. You got guests coming in from out of town. What restaurant do you take them out to to show not a show up, but to impress them. Vaughan took his family out to Pizza Pizza Hut. I would choose Benny Hannah, That's usually my go to place, But what about you. We'll have some fun with that coming up on kd WB