Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Look yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers Tamle Catshi.
Speaker 4: Everybody, and welcome into this Saturday edition of Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: On this June twenty seventh.
Speaker 4: Hope you're well as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers set at fifty two and thirty on this season, first place atop the National League West. They've got an eight game lead in the division. After dropping the series opener to the Padres last night, the Dodgers are right back at it tonight as a square off with the rivals from the South in San Diego. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mountain first bench from Peco Park is coming up at ive forty. Between now and then, we got a lot to cover here on Morogo Casino. Dodgers on deck. We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts coming up in twenty minutes. Charlie Steiner stops by in thirty minutes, David Veasse joins us. Throughout the hour, he's gonna go one on one with general manager Brandon Gomes. A lot to get into with Gomera as we are getting closer to the trade deadline. The Dodgers trying to work their way through some injuries right now in the twenty six man roster. You'll hear from the Dodger gm coming up in forty five minutes. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the gallop before broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: Last night in San Diego, Sasaki had some command issues, while the Dodgers' offense had some missed opportunities. Rookie Sasaki got the start, the young right hander fighting control issues all season long, and he reared his ugly ahead again last night. Meanwhile, the Dodgers' offense, though, gave him some early run support to work with in the second inning, one of those Hooki moments.
Speaker 8: Bets against Bueller.
Speaker 2: First pitch, crack to left, fail, back toward the wall.
Speaker 1: It is gone.
Speaker 4: Mookie bets with a laser to left him.
Speaker 2: Bushing Buehler on the first pitch of the second inning, just over the wall and beyond a leaping Samant Taylor and left.
Speaker 5: Mookie Bets stay hot.
Speaker 4: Mookie bets with the solo home runoff of Walker Bueller, his tenth of the year.
Speaker 5: Dodgers early what not the lead. However, in the bottom of.
Speaker 4: The second the Zaki control problems on full display. He walked to Padres to begin the inning, then he left a pitch over the plate for ty France.
Speaker 2: The O two France lists went high in the air, the deep left failed.
Speaker 1: This ball is gone.
Speaker 2: Ty France really makes Sasaki pay for those back to back walks.
Speaker 8: It's a three year um shot.
Speaker 2: France's tenth of the year in San Diego goes from one down to two up with one.
Speaker 5: Swing of the bat, three run home run for ty Franz. Just like that, Dodgers down three to one.
Speaker 4: Sasaki would have traffic on the bass pass the next couple of innings. Finally, in the fifth after Manny Machado and to tease hit doubles off the wall, Jack Dryer came in to replace Sasaki. Dryer escaped the bases loaded jam to get a two run deficit still in place, Dodgers had their chances against Walker Buehler. They chase their former teammate in the sixth, but couldn't get that big hit against Yuki Matsui. With the bases loaded again in the eighth, Adrian Morrohoon get Mookie Bets to ground into a double play to end that threat. So two golden opportunities that ended with nothing for the Dodgers. Offensively, the Dodgers bullpen kept the game within reach until the bottom of the eighth when the Padres broke it open with a four run rally. The Padres go on to win it last night seven to one. Walker Buehler gets to win his first against his former team. Rookie Sasaki gets the lost. Dodgers were over fours runners in scoring position. I did six base runners. Meanwhile, the Dodgers' pitchers combined to walk nine batters and a hit by pitch. That's ten free base runners allowed last night to the Padres. That's just way too much with the loss. Dodgers now fifty two and thirty, but don't you worry. There's still eight games up in the nl WES and tonight, right back at it with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch at five forty and with more we head out to the galpin Ford broadcast booth as we say hello to.
Speaker 5: Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Guys, All right, TC, happy weekend to you and everybody hanging out with us on the Dodgers Audio Network. Game two of three for the Dodgers and Padres and Mo. The Dodgers are hoping that this series in San Diego goes like the last one where they dropped the opener and then came back to win the next two games and win the series. But before we get to tonight, last night, it was not a good night for the Dodgers. They had as many runs allowed in that one game as they had the entire Minnesota series. They walked nine, hit one, did not have a single hit with a runner in scoring position, and grounded into three more double plays.
Speaker 8: It was just not a good night in any fasts.
Speaker 10: And another double players will strike him out throw them out, So a lot of opportunities were really erased in last night's bowl game. Then on top of that, when they had opportunities, they were zero for four with runners in scoring position, Padres took advantage of it. They were four for ten with same opportunities to knock in runs.
Speaker 1: They did that.
Speaker 10: And for San Diego, they're trying desperately. I mean, we talked about it last night. If you go back to May twelfth, the San Diego Padres had half game lead, they were in first place in the Western Division. Well, they kind of closed the gap one off the list last night. So now they're eight games back. They're going to close this series as best they can. Because we mentioned last night too, the Dodgers in that stretch they play seven to ten against the Pres and San Diego's thinking, hey, look why not be on a hot streak, And they weren't four in a.
Speaker 8: Row, no question about it, Mo, and you talked about it last night. He's like, now this San Diego team is starting to feel good again.
Speaker 9: They had a really tough month right since that last meeting between the Dodgers and Padres here and Sandy Diego, and now they're starting to come out of it. It's like the way one Padre person put it to me was like imagine a cargo ship at seat trying to turn around.
Speaker 8: It's going to take some time.
Speaker 9: Because that's how bad they were offensively, but they have started to make that turn, and you don't want to give them any daylight. It's very important for the Dodgers to punch back tonight, and that's why they have to be thrilled that it lined up with a Yoshinova Yama Moto star.
Speaker 10: And to turn that ship around, you need a lot of room, and they have a lot of room. I mean we are only one game technically into the second half of the season, so there is room in order to turn things around. They're also getting a little bit more healthy, and the Dodgers in the same situation, maybe getting some guys healthy. How long it's going to tank don't really know. But in the meantime, there's some guys that you had not really been hitting the ball exceptionally well. Mookie Mats is the top of the list, and all of a sudden he has turned around. He's really become a force. But Andy pa has has not really put the ball into play, and I think he's expanded his drink zone a great deal if we look over it, maybe the last four or five.
Speaker 9: Weeks, Yeah, the last forty one games. Motive specific Paz. He's hitting two to oh eight in that stretch. Kyle Tucker also scuffling. He's oh for his last twelve. The Dodgers have dropped him to seventh in the starting lineup here today. All right, Tim, we're gonna get it back to you when we join you a little bit later. Moe is gonna give you a key to tonight's game.
Speaker 5: All right, sounds good, Nellie.
Speaker 4: As we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans get that game day meal on. How about Shaky's Pizza parlor? What are your Shaky's pizza? You're checking your mojos right now at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 5: Coming up here, I'm Wronggo Cansino. Dodgers on deck. David Vase goes high and.
Speaker 4: Tight with the Dodgers general manager Brandon Ghms.
Speaker 5: We're gonna hear from DV throughout the hour.
Speaker 4: We're gonna check in with the Dodger manager Dave Roberts coming up in about ten minutes later on. We'll get you Dodger's magical moment. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. I'm deeper into this pitcheat matchup, but I'm naxt show Tody Rewyan and we'll check in with Kirsten Watson Sports in La Busy hour to come as we lead you. After first pitch from Sandy A go on this Saturday, Dodgers.
Speaker 5: And Padres, thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio know.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your.
Speaker 1: Home for La Dodgers Faseball Hits.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers and Padres came to this three game weekend set.
Speaker 5: Yoshinovo Yamamoo.
Speaker 4: Padres going with the opener and Kyle hartfollow by Randy Vesquez.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up in five forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewinde.
Speaker 8: Wheelers all one.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Tani swings and it's a groundball base hit through the right side and a leadoff single for show, Hey.
Speaker 8: Show, Hey.
Speaker 4: Otani goes one for four. Last night Dodgers had seven hits. He had one of them, but now hitting two ninety four on the season four to twelve on base person is the Dodgers collectively as an offense just could not get that big hit.
Speaker 5: Oh for fourth runners in.
Speaker 4: Scoring position show Hey had no advance with runners in scoring position last night because the bottom of the lineup just could not get on base for him.
Speaker 5: They streaded six runners and a seven to one loss.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: Hey curious now it joins us from San Diego. Brought to my Cars for Kids donat now cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with the ka all right, a little game of cat and mouse with the Dodgers and padres is San Diego.
Speaker 5: Now go with an opener they are, so.
Speaker 11: They're going to have Kyle Hart not to becing confused with Kyle Hurts for the Dodgers. So Kyle Hart's going to be the opener, and Dave Roberts said that they expect for Kyle Hart that he could likely go through two innings of work at least get through six batters before they go to Randy Vasquez, who the Dodgers saw in last month in May. So because of that, he did make a slight adjustment to the lineup. He decided to move Kyle Tucker down putting him in the seven hole and then moving up Tommy Edmund because he just likes kind of if you want to apply a little bit more pressure to Kyle Hart, he likes Tommy Edmund being in that sixth spot. So a slight adjustment to the rotate to the lineup, excuse me today. But they are continuing to expect to see Randy Vasquez come out behind Kyle Hart. So it should be an interesting one because the last time we saw Randy Vasquez, to be specific, it was late. It was in May, and they were able to get to him early Showhi Tany at the leadoff home run, So it does seem like they're going with the opener to try to offset that. It'll still be interesting once he gets into the game.
Speaker 4: Yoshinobo Yamamota on the flip side, going for Dave Roberts and a guy who's been really consistently good for Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: He's that's exactly what he is. You know, whenever Dave Roberts talks about Yoshio, but he just talks about whenever you put him in, you know, he could be whatever the team needs, whether that's a stopper, and I don't think you necessarily need a stopper right now, but to get back into the win column, to put yourself in a position to win this series. He is that guy. We saw him be excellent his last time out here, only giving up that home run in the first inning. Unfortunately, you know that home run proved to be the difference in the game, as it was a one zero game. But he is someone who we've seen lights out performance. It just feels like, and even when he has to grind through it, he's still able to get through six, like that's just who he is on the mound. He's steady, he shows up for his team, and so they're expecting him to do that again today.
Speaker 12: But I don't know, I.
Speaker 11: Feel like we've been so close to whether it's a no hit, a perfect game of the sorts that the one run when he was here. It just feels like there's going to be more greatness tonight because that's what he brings whenever he's on the mount.
Speaker 4: Speaking of bringing the Dodgers are going to be bringing back to Oscar Hernandez here very shortly off the il.
Speaker 11: They are, so he is continuing with his rehab assignment right now with the OKC comments team, and Dave was saying today that they do expect him to be returning on Monday, so it will be on this road trip. The team will be in Sacramento playing the A's and they expect him to return then with him when that when he comes back, obviously we're seeing the power with the offensive results a triple A at the moment, Dave was saying, you can't really rely too much on that information, but ultimately they believe he's in a good spot. With talking to tay Oscar, he feels really healthy with that hamstring, so he will come back step into left field, but they're gonna kind of ease him back in. We aren't gonna expect him to be playing every day like we had been seeing. He said that there will be times for whether it's Tommy Edmund to step in and left to help support, if you know, kind of giving him a day here and there. They're gonna manage him because of course they're continuing to play the long game.
Speaker 4: And the log game is what the Dodgers played best now back to back World Series championships, and certainly getting healthy at the right time is what they need Kurris.
Speaker 5: We appreciate it. We will check you with you after the game.
Speaker 4: Still they come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We're gonna hear from David Vesse. We'll get you an injury report. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. But also coming up next to the manager Dave Roberts, Dodgers and Padres from San Diego on this Saturday, I'm Tim kass Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 3: Nowhere, this is Marongo Casino.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season law.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, he continues. On this Saturday afternoons, we leads up to first pitch from San Diego Dodgers and Padres Morogo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at five forty.
Speaker 1: He is the LA Dodgers injury.
Speaker 4: Report, present of by UCLA Healthy official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. As we keep talking about good news as far as the Oscar Hernandez gon to be activated on Monday when the team goes to Sacramento to take on the athletics.
Speaker 5: Will Smith not on the road trip with the team out with the next.
Speaker 4: Inflammation, key Ky Hernandez on the sixty day IL with the left oblique injury. Tyler Glass now lower backspasms, presuainly busy off the field. Blake Snell on the sixty day IL surgery to move those loose bodies, He too is.
Speaker 5: Trying to work his way back off the field.
Speaker 4: And when Diaz on the IL recovering from elbows surgery, he is doing baseball activities. Seems to be a little bit further along because his surgery was before. Blake Snell looks like right now, Evan Phillips the closest Dodger and Landon Neck both on minor league rehab assignments. All right, let's head back out to pet Coole Park and check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 12: Anything else for questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts, No.
Speaker 13: I think the only thing I did was I moved Tucker down one just because I think that heart can can take down seven to eight hitters. So just have a little potential. Tommy Edmund tax, But I get it when you.
Speaker 11: Look at this offense, I mean, with the familiarity with whom they were able to do the last time you guys were here. Do you like how this potentially could be someone of a confidence booster as the offense loves.
Speaker 1: To get going again, I hope.
Speaker 13: So, you know, I think that even last night, I thought we swung the bats fine. We had some balls at guys for some double plays, but I thought the bets were good. You know that morijone inning, he made pitches when he needed to. But today should be a good one and we got you motor going, so it feel good about that.
Speaker 6: David Edmunds hit the ground run since he got activated off the il. Is the right ankle that big of a difference maker for him or is there something else that's allowed him to hit the way he's hit so far?
Speaker 12: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 13: I do know that he's feeling good. He wasn't great in rehab, but there's obviously there's no correlation. But as far as like the health piece of it, he's swinging about really well left handed, which is typically his off side. So the stability on the front side I think has helped.
Speaker 12: But Yeah, he's moving.
Speaker 13: Around really well and he'll play all three this series.
Speaker 6: How much with him back and tail on the horizon, how much does that change the dynamic in the length of your lineup?
Speaker 13: It changes that dynamic and the length Taya obviously is there's added slug and you know, depending if he's hitting you know, fifth, sixth, or seventh, it just adds at length. So I still you know, like having you know, Ryan Ward here and getting his feet wet, getting opportunities. But yeah, to kind of get whole with our team. As we get Will Smith back and you know Evan Phillis back, you know, it's gonna look a little bit different.
Speaker 4: That is certainly good news. Starting to get guys back, slowly but surely. When we continue here on Marango Casino Dodgers on deck, will check out with David Vat say, so lead you out the first pitch on this Saturday Dodgers and the Padres. I'm Tim kateson is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 3: Nowhere as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Padres game two of this three game weekend set, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch coming up, and five forty Dodgers Baseball brought to by Alpato.
Speaker 5: Born in La and made for your game.
Speaker 4: Dale Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salces and hot sauces right to you El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 3: Can joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 5: All right, d V. He's go back to last night.
Speaker 4: Dodgers fell victim to Walker Buehler, who got out of a jam in the sixth inning thanks to some help to the bullpen and picked up the victory against his former team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Walker Buehller was strutting around earlier today like he was twenty nineteen again.
Speaker 12: After the way he pitched against his former team. He was feeling pretty good.
Speaker 6: I was standing on the Dodgers side of the field at about two o'clock this afternoon when Bueller started yelling at me across the field. So he was feeling good, and I said, man, your cutter was looking good last night. He said, the cutter always looks good, Dave, so he's feeling good. And here's what he said after the game as far as just wanting to beat the Dodgers in the level of competitiveness he has against his old team, Yeah, I.
Speaker 14: Want to kick everyone with us. I want to beat up everyone, especially in the division, and especially a team that you know has been so successful, you know, against the organization that I'm with now, and I want to be a part of turning that around. And you know, I certainly don't want to lose to them. So you know, doca's not rocking.
Speaker 6: And I'll say this Tim, The Padres are going to be at Dodger Stadium next weekend for a four game series, and Walker Buehler is going to start in one of those four games, and it'll be the first time that he pitches at Dodgers Stadium in another uniform, So that will be emotionally charged, no.
Speaker 4: Doubt about David is brought to you by Ford Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow. Right now, they've got employee pricing for everybody. They're offering to everybody right now. Go to your Southern California Ford Dealer Today or visit by Ford Now dot com. Blake's now, David, what's the latest on a possible return?
Speaker 6: Well, since Blake's now through another bullpen session yesterday, a fifteen pitch bullpen session, and he certainly felt great about it.
Speaker 12: But here's the reality. He's starting from square one, Tim.
Speaker 6: What he's doing now is what pictures do the first week of spring training. So it's going to be basically a six week build up. And if you look at the calendar, that's in the second half of the season, and that's after the Dodgers long East Coast road trip to open up the second half of the year. So the last week of July when the Dodgers returned from playing the Yankees in New York, the Phillies in Philadelphia, and the Mets in New York as well, is six weeks from now, and that's realistic to believe that Snow will return and hit the ground running and be ready for the stretch run.
Speaker 4: Cannot wait to get him back, all right, David, We'll check back you with you just a little bit. Davi's gonna go one on one the GM Brandon Gomes that's coming up in about fifteen minutes. Not gonna miss that up next to your Dodger Magical Moment lead you up to Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Padres from San Diego. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mat. We'll hear from the Dodger GM Brandon Gums coming up in less than fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: But first I.
Speaker 15: Do not about a hot dog who wants a hot coun It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment, Bitch Magical Magic presented by Hawfey Hot Jobs.
Speaker 4: Well, we go back to June twenty seventh, nineteen eighty on this day, forty six years ago at Candlestick Park in San Francisco, Dodgers and Giants.
Speaker 5: Jerry Royce with a no.
Speaker 12: No Lettle number.
Speaker 8: Back to Rice.
Speaker 12: He picks it up. He's got a.
Speaker 8: Right At thirty one years old, Ashton.
Speaker 7: It on no hitters. He missed a perfect game only by an error by.
Speaker 12: Phil Russell in the first.
Speaker 7: Henning, you have my magnificent moment for the big blonde. Rick Suckcliffe throwing his arms around him, had all.
Speaker 1: Of the Dodgers happy for their fare.
Speaker 7: Representative put foot on a magnificent show.
Speaker 4: Jerry Royce with the no here in the great Vincecully on the call. Dodgers won eight to nothing. He faced twenty eight batters, one more than the minimum. Bill Russell made an errant throw in the first inning on a grounder from Jack Clark. He was the nineteenth no hitter in Dodger franchise history, just the sixth since they moved from Brooklyn nineteen eighty.
Speaker 5: A great season for Jerry Royce.
Speaker 4: He won eighteen games and finished second to Steve Carlton for the National League Cy Young Award. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 5: Hofey hot Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 4: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check you out with Charlie's Dinner.
Speaker 5: It leads up to Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 4: Long, Dodgers and Padres on this Saturday. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the MOUNTA time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low prize for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today we say hello to Charlie Steinner.
Speaker 16: All right, Tim, we get ready for the second game of the series, the eighty third of the season. After the Padres beat the Dodgers last night seven to one, Dodgers at fifty two and thirty still the best record in baseball eight games in front of the Padres and mow the Padres at forty three and thirty seven second place in the West.
Speaker 12: Showed some signs of life. And of course now they've won.
Speaker 16: Four straight, three against first place Atlanta and now seven to one win over the Dodgers last night.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Charlie, yesterday we talked about the fact that coming off of that three game sweep over Atlanta, they were really feeling the roads. And then they take the opening game of the series against the Dodgers. Yeah, you know, we're one game into the second half of the season. But if you look at the San Diego there's room if they can continue to play very well, and they did last night. Not only played well, they pitched well. They're going to be trying to knock on the door of the Dodgers because the last night kicked off an area. These two teams will be facing another in seven of ten games on the schedule, So there's gonna be a lot of hopefully for San Diego at least in their thoughts, some chance to make up some ground.
Speaker 16: And currently their second in the wildcard race in the National League.
Speaker 5: They have gone four straight.
Speaker 16: They've outscored Atlanta and the Dodgers combined twenty to nine. And so with Yamamoto going tonight, the Padres have a opener going by the name of Kyle Hart, a lefty.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and for the Dodgers, they've got lefties in. I'm not a fan of the opener, and especially if you're considering who the starting pitcher was going to be. It does set or upset the routine of a star pitchers trying to come in. We'll see how it fans out. One of the year is of concern for me is on this road trip. Now, in the four games the Dodgers have had forty one advance with runners in scoring position, they have only nine hits that it's a two to twenty average. And while the other side both combined to twins and last night with the pres while they only have eighteen advance in those four games with runners in scoring position, they're hitting five hundred. So the Dodgers have not been able to erase scoring opportunities, limited as they may be against the opposing teams.
Speaker 16: Large question marks continue to surround Roki Sasaki. Four innings last night, three runs, four hits, five walks, unable to retire anybody in the fifth.
Speaker 1: He needed eighty one pitches, only.
Speaker 16: Forty five of them for strikes to get twelve outs, and so he's looking to find his way, and so two of the Dodgers in the rotation.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's going to find some repeatability, if you will, with his mechanics, because he started off last night's ball game walking three of the first five batters he faced, and then there was the three run home run coming up in that second inning. But as you're alluding, to is that you know too many pitches. The strike zone does not move. It's seventeen inches wide, and you've got to be able to find it more often than what he's been able to find. At eighty one pitches forty five. I mean, that's that's barely fifty five percent strikes that were thrown last night for a major league pitcher who makes a living supposedly throwing strikes.
Speaker 16: He's given up thirteen runs in his last fourteen innings of work, including four home runs, and he's walked thirty in seventy two innings so far this season. And so the Dodgers, again looking ahead to October, how does he fit into plans? You know, you've got Sheen who's having some issues of late, and then perhaps laur Looking ahead again, the Dodgers right now comfortably ahead of everybody at fifty two and thirty, but we can look down the road and see what that rotation is.
Speaker 1: Going to look like.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and how long is it going to take for Snow and for Glass now to get back into that rotation. She is gonna pitch tomorrow. We'll know more about that. But for Emma, she and he has had difficulty in the month of June, as Era is almost seven and a half in the four starts that he's made there. So for Yamamoto, the Dodgers need a good performance from him tonight to kind of curtail the offense again San Diego. One of the things we mentioned last night. Also, they will steal bases and if you're not paying attention, if they get on base, they're going to try and force the issue again tonight. They'll try and force the issue again tomorrow.
Speaker 16: So the Dodgers and Padres Game two of the series at Petco coming up in just a bit, Tim, all.
Speaker 5: Right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium because a unicloide dot com slash us. Still they come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Nelly and Rick will have those keys to the game. But I'm next, we're gonna hear for the general manager, Brandon Gomes. That is next, Dodgers and Padres, first pitch of five forty. I'm Tim Kas' is the back back World's Champion.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's some Dodgers and Padres Game two this weekend, set from Petco part Yoshinovu Yamamoto. That goes for the Dodgers Padres electing to go with an opener, follow by Randy Vasquez. First pitch coming up at five forty. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. It's a game night, It's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be Vassy fielding insults from.
Speaker 1: A Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 12: It's the Dodgers and Padre.
Speaker 6: It's getting set for first pitch or joined right now by Dodgers GM Brandon Gomes who pulls all the strings. Alex Freeland should be beware treat vass a nice or Brandon Gomes. We'll have a target on your back. Thanks a lot for the time. Great to see you.
Speaker 17: Yeah, thanks for having me, David.
Speaker 12: Great vibes around the team.
Speaker 18: Brandon, Yeah, it's been a fun group and obviously playing good baseball, and I can't believe that when you all start break is right around the corner.
Speaker 17: So a lot of good stuff so far.
Speaker 6: I know everybody is never satisfied around here. But considering you have an eight game lead over the Padres, you have one of the best records in baseball, how comfortable do you feel where things stand with the team right now?
Speaker 18: Comfortable is not a term that we generally use. Feel really good about where guys are at right now, and and you know, trend lines on a lot of them as well. Plus you know, looking forward over the next month or two, getting some guys that have been down for a bit, some reinforcements to join us. So, you know, all things consider playing well, the guys are really stepped up with you know, some injuries along the way, and it's been good opportunities for different different guys. Uh, But you know, the overall outlook of the team right now really solid and hopefully looking to improve as the next couple of months come around to.
Speaker 6: It's incredible to believe you're the only team in baseball this season with fifty two wins, most wins of any team in baseball so far this season, and you really haven't had your whole team together. At the same time, when you get tay Oscar back and you have Edmund back, how much of a different look do you think this offense will have.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, those guys obviously getting Tayo back and Tommy back in the rhythm really continues to link in the lineup. But the guys that have come in, and you know, while different guys have been out, have really shown well. So I think it's been great opportunity for the younger guys to come in. And you know, even you know Ac getting regular at bats, getting him in, you know, he's going to be a tough at bat. So you know, the lineup will continue to round out and be you know, have really good length to it. And then as guys start to heat up and round into form, that'll only be another positive as well.
Speaker 6: And not only the guys that are filling in for injured players, but even a guy like Dalton rushing Brandon getting a lot of opportunities with will Smith being down, how much do you think he's starting to understand what it takes to get through a regular season.
Speaker 17: Yeah, very much.
Speaker 12: So.
Speaker 18: I think this is you know, part of part of the luxury of having two really good catchers, especially you know, guys that can handle a staff, but also it can really produce on the offective side of things.
Speaker 17: So you know, having Will go down and.
Speaker 18: Making sure that he you know, when he comes back, he's one hundred percent giving this opportunity to rush, to get in there and be you know, more of the everyday slash, you know, bulk catcher, good friend to navigate at bats, understand how his body's gonna feel day in and day out, and then continue to build his chops with our pitching staff and and you know, getting used to the game calling night in the night out.
Speaker 12: Comfortable?
Speaker 6: Are you with the way Dave Roberts, Mark pryor Freddie Freeman helped kind of get the emotions back in check last Wednesday with Rushing and Otani?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's a it's a beautiful thing that this group is, you know, so tightly knit and obviously you know Doc leading the leading the charge. You know, all anybody cares about his winning and knowing that egos get set aside and everybody is here to make each other as good as they possibly can be. And this is a you know, these these guys are brothers. They spend a lot of time together, so you know you're gonna have some uh stuff when when you're around competitors like this, and you know, the way it was navigated was excellent in my opinion.
Speaker 6: All of us, even on the media's side, that are around Dalton rushing every day. He's got such a big heart, He's such a great guy. Can you set the record straight for perception versus reality of who he is?
Speaker 12: For us?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean he's one of the nicest human beings I've been around. I think, you know, this question comes up like I would have rushed babyesit my kids and feel great about it. So, you know, I think he's just an intense competitor and when the juices get flown, guys get caught up in the moment sometimes, so you know, it's a lot easier to calm down the intense competitor than to try to bring it out as somebody.
Speaker 17: So it's much we'd.
Speaker 18: Much prefer to have that, and we'll take it as a good learning moment and you know, moving forward it will be in a better place because of it.
Speaker 6: Brandon goms dooches GM is our guest. We are almost at the end of June and the trade deadlines not until August second, is it too early to think about August third? Is it too early to think about that, Brandon? As far as what conversations you may be having behind the scenes, is it a little premature for people to start talking about a trade deadline that is pretty far away?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean, obviously everybody likes to tie. It's a good news cycle. And trying to understand what you know, each team, where they're going to be in standings, and what the team needs are you know, as we stand here today, you know, with the guys coming back, which will probably be around that time, you know, it's going to be hard to go out and acquire better players than what we actually already have in house.
Speaker 17: And a lot of you know, our aggression in the past.
Speaker 18: Few off seasons is to avoid the deadline and be paying a huge premium for you know, rental players or guys that you know, you know, it may not be as good as you already have in house. So a lot of it is wait and see see how the next you know, a couple of weeks, month.
Speaker 17: Or two play out.
Speaker 18: But with the current team we have and the guys that are coming back. We feel really good about this group and that we're more than a championship caliber type of team.
Speaker 6: Back to back World Series champions, fifty two wins. And yet it seems like you have the most assets of any team because of your drafting, your development, so many great young players in your farm system. I would imagine that's unusual where teams want what you have when you're in this position.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we're very fortunate.
Speaker 18: We have such an amazing scouting group PD, you know, and part of you know, an aggressive ownership group is to be able to go out and get get guys in the offseason and not necessarily have to dip into your farm system to go out and get players. So, you know, it's a true organizational win to be able to have the prospects that we have right now, and you know, the rankings that we have, and you get to hopefully watch these guys develop and play out and come up and impact a major league team over you know, the next few years. And you know, it's always striking the balance between winning championships now in long term and you know, like I said, right now, the current group that we have here in the big leagues, we feel great about going out and trying to run a third championship in a row. So we'll continue to assess what it looks like on the market and if there's a meaningful upgrade somewhere. We've shown that we're not afraid to do that, but feel great about this current group.
Speaker 6: Brandon, thanks a lot for the time, and thank you on behalf of everybody because we have a front row seat to such a special time in Dodger history and to see this team still be as hungry as ever to go for a three peet is really special.
Speaker 12: So thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 17: Yeah, thanks for having me. Nick there.
Speaker 12: He is the man, Brandon Gomes.
Speaker 6: You might see him work in the phones at Capitol Grill and Burbank. Brandon receive a gift card to Capitol Grill.
Speaker 12: Fine Dining, Find Gentlemen, find GMS. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 4: Some good insight there from Brandon Gomes on where this team is at and where they're going. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Padres up. Next, we'll break down this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere I'm Tim Katis is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Hits the Dodgers and the Padres on this Saturday. First pitch with Petco Pars coming up at five forty.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dynam we look at the pitching matchup, brought.
Speaker 4: To you by her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Randy Vasquez on the mound, supposed to be the starter, but he is going to be the bulk inning guy now as they let to go with Kyle Hart as their opener. Little strategy here. Thirty three year old left hander making his first start this year. He's pitched in seventeen games for the San Diego Padres, last pitched on Tuesday, two innings of relief. So he'll go out there, probably get an inning or two and then Randy Vesquez will take over the rest of the way. The twenty seven year old right hander out of the Dominican Republic, Vasquez will be in search of his first career win against the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: He's zero to two with a four to fifty four to fifty eight.
Speaker 4: Er Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers seven to five two sixty five e twenty seven year old right hand in his third season, making his fifteen start through fourteen starts the World Series MVP has a one batters average against while striking out eighty six, which is seventeen walks last time out, six innings, three runs, six hits, six strikeouts, and a loss of the Oriols last weekend. On the road, Yamamoto has probably been better than he has been at home record wise, at least four and two with a two to eighteen r RA and six starts, compared to three and three with a three r RA at home of Dodgers Stadium, Yamamoto two and three with a five thirteen RRA in seven career games against the San Diego Padres, including the post season.
Speaker 5: Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: Kyle Hart will be the opener for the Padres, followed by right hander Randy Vasquez. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. I'm Tim kase As, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue whole season long.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this Saturday from Petco Bark in Sandy Ago. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound to get the start. They're gonna go with an opener in San Diego, a left hander, followed by Randy Vasquez, the young right hander. The bulk of the way. First pitch coming up at five forty. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo starts a great moments start with Sapporo Beer.
Speaker 5: Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 4: Saporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch, let's go back out to the booth one final time, Steven Nelson, Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, appreciate you.
Speaker 9: Tim Back here with Rick Monday as we wait on the very first pitch tonight in Game two of this series for the Dodgers in San Diego, Yoshinobu Yamamoto supposed to be going up against Randy Vasquez. But the Padres throwing a little bit of a curve and throwing an opener out there, one of their four left handed relievers will start and open things up. That is Kyle Hart to face Otani, Pajees and Freeman here in game two. All right, mo, as you look through the notes in the lineup, give me a player that stands out or perhaps a key that you're being watch.
Speaker 10: I'm going with the starting pitcher, Yo Shinomo Yamamoto. If you start to look in June, he's made three other starts. His record, while it's two and one, is barely above two two point zero one to be exact, and a one seventeen batting average against what Yamamoto has done, and I hope Roki Sasaki pays attention to it, because Osaki does not really challenge hitters, at least did not last night at four innings and getting ahead early. My point being, Yamamoto when he's ahead in the count is just a one forty seven batting average against, and he gets hitters behind the count very very quickly.
Speaker 9: And that's something that he actually struggled with in his last start, very uncharacteristic. He gave up four to two strike hits against Baltimore when he lost last Saturday, but still found a way to put up a quality start three urn runs or fewer and at least and well, I think that's the most endearing thing or perhaps impressive thing about Yamamoto. And maybe it's boring, but it's still impressive, the fact that even on knights when he clearly does not have his stuff, you never question his compete.
Speaker 10: The good pitchers have not only just Plan A, now they can shift and go to Plan B and C if necessary. He understands his mechanics exceptionally well.
Speaker 9: Yamamoto has pitched here at Petco Park already one time this year. That was May eighteenth, and he was saddled with a tough loss, gave up a first inning home run and that was it over seven innings, but the Dodgers eventually lost that game one to nothing. Hoping for a better fortune tonight both Yamamoto and the Dodgers as a whole as they look to even up this series.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Nelly.
Speaker 4: Dodgers going into play, as they mentioned at fifty two and thirty eight games up in the Division over the San Diego Padres ten and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks, and as we speak, Arizona in trouble down in Tampa taking on the Rays. There in the top half of the ninth inning, the Arizona's down to their final.
Speaker 5: Out, two outs.
Speaker 4: Top of the ninth Diamondbacks trail the Rays fourd to too, So an opportunity the Dodgers get a win to not only pick up ground on the Padres, but pick up another full game on the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 5: So a big one for the Blue tonight.
Speaker 4: Right guy on the mound, right time, Yoshinobu Yamamota, it'll be to the left hand or Kyle Hart opening things up for San Diego against showhy Otani, the dh the lead things off for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: When we come back, enjoined everybody, I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 4: This's been Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network