Speaker 1: All right, smo Joe in the morning. This topic of the Conversation podcast is the afghan. What's that?
Speaker 2: Do you know what an afghan is? Actually you don't.
Speaker 1: Isn't it that a purse? It's like a blanket, isn't.
Speaker 3: It's like a blanket, like a knit or I don't know if it's knit or crochet. It's like a blanket.
Speaker 1: My grandma and my mom were all about that was kind of like the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say, my grandma Grace, who passed away when I was a senior in high school, made them for everybody, all the grandkids, all the kids, all the cousins. Like, she loved making afghans and slippers for all the kids in the family.
Speaker 1: So my uncle, that's the name of a movie too, the afghan.
Speaker 3: They're so cozy. No, my uncle passed away this past week. His funeral was on Saturday. So my mom's brother passed away, and he was ill, and he was very old. Actually today would have been his eighty sixth birthday, so he was significantly older than my mom. But still so very sad. Like to lose a family member, especially goal like somebody who's you know, close in proximity in the family.
Speaker 1: To you.
Speaker 3: But my family, especially my mom's side of the family, not good with grief and loss and processing. And so my cousin Renee, this is her dad who had passed, was really struggling last week and kept asking for signs from our grandma. You know, please, Grandma, just let me know that my dad is up there in heaven with you, and you welcomed him, and you're taking good care of him, and that you and Grandpa are going to continue to take good care of him. Like, please just give me a sign that he's that my Dad's okay. This is a thing in our family of people asking for signs and dreams, and it happens all the time everywhere. For our family, me probably the least by far, but especially for my cousin Renee. My grandma sends her so many signs. Sure enough, later that same night that she prayed this prayer, she goes into a closet of her home, like a closet where she keeps like her son's clothes and shoes and everything, and the afghan that my grandma made for her family was just laying on the floor of the closet on top of the shoes, and she was like what in the actual heck, this is not.
Speaker 2: Where I keep it.
Speaker 3: So she was frozen, going okay, so right away she went and asked her husband Gary, did you like move the afghan?
Speaker 2: And he was like no.
Speaker 3: She went and asked her son Tyler, who lives with her, did you move the afghan? And he was like no, Why would I put it in a closet on top of shoes? How insane is that? And she's like, well, there's my sign from grandma that my dad's up there and she's got them and and he's good.
Speaker 1: Jerry didn't move the nobody grabbed the afghan.
Speaker 3: But this stuff happens to her all the time that you just Renee specifically Renee my mom a little bit Lucy a lot of times. Lucy never met my grandma but has this weird closeness where she has dreams about her, but especially my cousin Renee.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, and that's comforting. That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It was very comforting.
Speaker 1: We always have the birds that will come like a cardinal, you know, from time to time.
Speaker 2: You know, like butterflies, I know the though.
Speaker 1: No, so my dad used to love cardinals like those were his favorite birds. And after he had passed. Jacob would have a cardinal sitting out on his window all the time, and Jacob kind of had a little special relationship there with my dad. But it was but it was every now or doves. My sister Pat always says that when the anniversary of my mother passing has happened, she sees white doves a lot at that time.
Speaker 3: So I totally forgot to put this in my topics to add to this. So this happened over the weekend as well. Wes's mom passed away. It's almost been nine years, almost ten, And yesterday he came in the house and he's like, Today's just one of those days. I wish I could call my mom. Like I wish I could call my mom. We don't have a lot going on. I just want to catch up with her and and just like tell her like how the weekend has been. And I'm like, oh, like that makes me so sad that I'm able to call my mom.
Speaker 2: And he's not. All be damned you guys. We go out in.
Speaker 3: My driveway, our driveway to unload his jeep because I had a little home good situation yesterday. So we're unloading all this stuff on the driveway is a sticker that Wes's mom had like written on wes Nativity to store the Nativity set that she gave him that we have like up in our attic above the garage and I haven't taught. We haven't touched since we put Christmas stuff away. It was just stuck on the concrete of our driveway. And he was like, how crazy is that? I just said, I wish I could call my mom and we go outside, and that's on the driveway.
Speaker 2: It was I I like that, goosebumps.
Speaker 1: Wow. That told me that's yeah, you know what they they're sending signs if we when we've talked to the death lady tells her name no no, no, no, no, Rebecca Rosen. When we had Rebecca on the show, she would always say that they're sending She didn't talk to anybody. I don't know. Maybe I ask, you mean you aren't getting signed? I know I feel the same way like I want them.
Speaker 2: But I just mentioned Grandma Ellis today.
Speaker 1: Grandmama, what's going on? Amanda?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 5: So my mom passed away about three years ago, and I one, I feel like when I ask for signs, I don't get them. But I have a folder on my phone that I've like labeled for like pictures that I feel like were signs. I saw that on like an idea.
Speaker 6: On TikTok, and I just thought that was like a really good idea, so I can like go.
Speaker 5: Look back at it when I'm like feeling sad and.
Speaker 6: Stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I've had some like pretty crazy ones.
Speaker 6: One of them I was like the anniversary of her passing and I went and bought like a lottery ticket and the ticket numbers were her and my dad's wedding anniversary.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's so And like for like Kevin.
Speaker 6: Anna, like I just feel like until you get them, like you just don't truly under like, like I totally get why it's skeptical and like sometimes I tell my friends that, like, oh, I like had a sign for my mom, and I know that it sounds crazy, but like I don't know, there's you. I just feel like you know it on a different level.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And honestly, sometimes you don't realize you're getting them when you're When you're getting them, like you almost have to really concentrate on it. It's kind of weird. Like especially you almost have to have something come up where you're like missing on them or like WestEd with you know, I wish I could talk to my mom today. There's a couple of friends of mine that have done the AI thing, where they've AI their loved ones voices talking to them. To me, I get weirded out by that whole deal, like that happening, But if it comforts you, you know what, take it? What about video for him? Like a video? It would be wild, It'd be wild. I don't have many recordings of my mother's voice. It'd be cool if AI could make more recordings of it, just to hear. What's a blind Claudia is on with us? Miss Mojo?
Speaker 4: Guys, Hello, I can have a story that relates Once upon a time I had a friend that passed.
Speaker 8: She died, and and you know, I never can the comfort to tell her I love her, I'm sorry and everything. And just when she died, when she died, she she she she she, she spoke to me. She spoke to me through electric.
Speaker 1: To what happened? What do you mean I mean shut your electricity off?
Speaker 8: No no, no, no no, don't play.
Speaker 2: Don't play with me.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe maybe you didn't pay the DT email there, No.
Speaker 8: I did. I was well paid in in the d T email.
Speaker 1: But you know the light bulbs, the light bulbs, like the.
Speaker 8: Light bulb was just flickering, yeahlicking.
Speaker 9: Like can you see the don't play with me?
Speaker 7: Well did he will?
Speaker 6: Did that?
Speaker 5: We did?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 8: Then that gave her give her the piece and respect that she does it.
Speaker 1: That's right. How dare these guys? I love you? I love you blind Claudia.
Speaker 9: We love you as valid question, Ashley, you have a friend that.
Speaker 1: Shows you signs?
Speaker 7: Yeah. So I was having a really hard time. That hadn't been that long since she had passed, and my girls are inside and I just like, I was like, I gotta just go for a drive. I was like, I just I need, I need a minute. So I went to go outside a get in my car. I'm already almost bawling my eyes out and I'm scary to start my car and I look right on my steering mill there's a dragonfly. And I mean she had she had dragonfly tattoos. She had dragonflies all throughout her house. I mean that was her thing, was dragonfly. So when I've seen it there, I was just like it was just it was crazy.
Speaker 1: No that's that's very cool. I like it. I love that the comfort of knowing that they're there. Rob lost his mom. I'm so sorry. Rob. A month ago your mom passed.
Speaker 10: Huh yeah, Mojo was uh you know, I listened to you guys every day. I love listening to you guys. I'm from the east side of the state. I live in Miscegan now, so thank you. I just turned it on, and you know, I, Mojo, I've been struggling really bad this last month, you know. And so she passed away July eighth. And then, like I said, every Saturday, me and my fiance would talk to my mom on Saturdays. And then the Saturday, right the Saturday after she passed, I was outside and I'm on our butterfly had came by, you know, and I the one thing I didn't get to say to my mom before she actually passed. But the one thing I wanted to do it is, you know, come visit me in our dreams. Come, you know, come on, I don't care, you know, I want to know that she's there. And Saturday, and I was really I was emotionally struggling really bad. I was crying really bad, and I let the dogs out and brought them back in and then I went back outside and I saw another monarch butterfly. So you know, it's really rough. I mean, I'm forty one and lost my mom at seventy. You know, she was seventy shit, a full life to live and it just kind of happened. And my parents were like fifty years in November, and you know, it's just been a tough time. I figured I call the mojo because I know you have that hole in your heart too from when you lost your mom.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's yeah.
Speaker 10: You know, if I'll ever be able to deal with it, to be honest, can I.
Speaker 1: Tell you, you know, you never it never becomes something that you ever stop, you know, and I'm sure West feels this way too, Shan where it uh, you never stop missing on them and loving on them, but they do send you those little comfort you know, signs, and honestly, they're always there. Somebody asked me the question, They said, you know, how can you believe in heaven and then God and all the rest of that stuff? And I said to him, I go to be honest with you so that there's hope that one day I'll see him again. You know what I mean, so absolutely, you know, but hey, I hope our moms are are partying together right now. And if my mom's up there in heaven, she's got a cigarette in her hands, she's gonna sing.
Speaker 10: You know. See, my mom doesn't have a cigarette, but she's having a hell of a time and she's gonna be there. Me and my fiancee get married in twelve days.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 10: We're getting ready for a wedding too.
Speaker 1: You should do something with butterflies for your mom.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should do something. Maybe release butterflies at your wedding or something. We're butterfly pins.
Speaker 10: I got to find him somewhere, all right. Well, I appreciate it. Thank you, Mojo.
Speaker 1: See you, buddy. Take care,