Joel Comm: What in the world is happening with the financial markets? How about the crypto markets? Are we on the cusp of a recession and dystopian hellscape? Or are there reasonable steps you can take to ensure your own financial and emotional security? We're pleased to welcome Tika Tiwari of the Palm Beach letter back to the show to discuss all of these things and more. So if you're ready for a healthy dose of optimism and financial literacy, you've come to the right place. As we welcome ticket Tory back to the show for episode number 663. Of the Bad Crypto podcast. Five, four, three. How are all of the blues band? I. Hello, friends. Happy New Year. Welcome to the Bad Crypto podcast. Still the show for the crypto curious and the crypto serious. I am Sir Laura Joel calm.
Travis Wright: And I am Lord Travis Rhodes.
Joel Comm: No longer sir. You felt that was redundant.
Travis Wright: Well, it's funny when you get somebody going, Wait a second, if you're a sir and then you become a Lord, Lord be circumcised.
Joel Comm: The whole damn thing is tongue in cheek to begin with. I don't know.
Travis Wright: We're going to be barons, okay? Going to be this land and work our way up to Duke.
Joel Comm: I again, I got a coupon. You can get a discount on the discount if.
Travis Wright: This are for show the year.
Joel Comm: This is our first show.
Travis Wright: The year? Yeah. We taking a break.
Joel Comm: I was on vacation. You were on vacation. And we're back. And we're back, bitches.
Travis Wright: Yeah. Yeah. I had a time we could talk about it in future episodes. We want to get into this one because this is a really good episode and we also get to do a little conspiracy chops in here. And then. And then Tiki is like cutting us off of the need for the Mickey go.
Joel Comm: We're not going to teak, we're not going to Tiki Room, and we jump right into the interview. So let me set the stage here. Ticket to worry is the executive chairman strategy board at Defi Technologies. They're a company aiming to become the world leader in offering services built upon Defi. He is also the editor of the Palm Beach Letter small captain cryptocurrency advisory firm Palm Beach Confidential. The dude is a former hedge fund manager, a Wall Street executive.
Travis Wright: Smart.
Joel Comm: Super smart, widely considered one of the world's premier crypto analysts. We talk a lot about a lot of stuff in this interview, so let's get to it. Hugo. What's going on, brother?
Teeka Tiwari: Hey, it's good to be here. We're starting.
Joel Comm: We're officially started. We're hanging out at my place here in Palma del Mar, Puerto Rico.
Travis Wright: That didn't seem like an official start. I kind of was just like, Hey.
Joel Comm: You know, that's how Rogan does it. Yeah. ROGAN Just kind of What's going on?
Travis Wright: Joel Rogan Yeah, apparently.
Joel Comm: Well, it's this in-person feel is just so much more intimate. All the interviews we do there, you know, on the screen, I'm so sick of Zoom and seeing just people's faces on the screen in front of me like tech is here in the flesh. That's right. Because he is also boricua. He is Puerto Rican. Yeah.
Teeka Tiwari: Yes.
Joel Comm: You How long you been here on the island?
Teeka Tiwari: Five years. I came here in 2018.
Joel Comm: You're. You are O.G. Then.
Teeka Tiwari: When the real OGs came in 2012 and 2014, those are the real. Oh, geez.
Joel Comm: I'm just a G.
Travis Wright: Yeah, I'm not even a G. I'm still like an.
Joel Comm: F workin on the alphabet still. You know, we're coming up.
Travis Wright: To see that Mickey Mouse right there, though. That's pretty badass. What is that from?
Joel Comm: So Travis's admiring a Walt Disney Mickey Mouse poster. This was hanging in my childhood home the whole time I was growing up. Really? Yeah. So frame in a frame, but a different frame. I had this framed in San Juan. So this is.
Travis Wright: This is real.
Joel Comm: This is old school. Kind of like me.
Travis Wright: Very cool.
Joel Comm: I'm old school. We have a guest here, though. Like, nobody.
Travis Wright: Cares what I haven't seen before. And I was like, Well, man, is.
Joel Comm: There anything else? You haven't seen my.
Travis Wright: Boys and Tiki? Yeah.
Joel Comm: All right, let's get into into the markets, because crypto has been kind of going sideways here for a little bit. And we got to, you know, timestamp this. It is January 11th, is that right?
Teeka Tiwari: It's 111.
Travis Wright: Yeah, 1111112, three.
Joel Comm: Make a wish today and bitcoin's actually up the crypto markets up a little bit as of this moment. Bitcoin's like 17 five. Etherium is, I think 1350, something like that. The stock market, you know, has had a little bit of a run and I saw you a couple of weeks ago here at a party and I said, What do you think is going to happen? And you told me, and I want you to tell everybody right now what is happening now and what do you think is going to happen in the near term.
Teeka Tiwari: So to give some context as to what's happening now, we've got to pull the camera back a little bit. What a lot of people don't realize, especially new people that have come into crypto or even people that have come into the stock market over the last 5 to 10 years is that asset prices, the prices of financial assets, the prices of homes, the prices of art, the prices of collectible cars and yes, even the price of Bitcoin is ultimately determined by the risk free rate of return, i.e. how much money do I get if I'm not taking any risk buying, let's say, U.S. government bonds? Well, when U.S. government bonds are trading at 50 basis points or 100 basis points, what it does is when you do a relative valuation between the risk free rate of return and everything else, it increases the value of everything else. So why am I talking about that? I'm talking about that because for the first time in 15 years, you can actually get a halfway decent rate of return on or on the on the risk free rate. Recently, the ten year Treasury was yielding 4.3%. It's now yielding three and a half. If you look at investment grade bonds, these are bonds that are rated triple B or up. They have a default rate of 0.32%. So essentially risk free if we use the investment grade bond income as the risk free rate, well, that's yielding five and a half percent. That is unbelievable that you can get a five and a half percent interest rate without taking any risk. I don't.
Joel Comm: Believe it. Well, you said it was unbelievable.
Teeka Tiwari: It is unbelievable. You can go go online and do searches. You can get bonds in any number of A-rated blue chip companies that are yielding around five and a half percent. Some but some are earlier than 6%.
Travis Wright: Being so high, it's almost like, wow, 5%, but inflation's at X percent.
Teeka Tiwari: Okay, so let me finish what I have to say. This is this is all to give you a preliminary framework for why pricing is the way it is and what will impact pricing moving forward. The thing to remember about inflation is it doesn't stay around for ten, 15 or 20 years. It stays around for a few years. And if the Federal Reserve can stay focused on it, they can typically bring it under control within 2 to 3 years. So if you're getting, let's call it a five and a half percent return and inflation normalizes to 2% within three years, but you've got long dated bonds at 20 years, you're actually crushing it. You're getting 350 basis points. Above the long term rate of inflation with no risk. So what's happening? And again, the reason why I'm bringing this up is that because that math exists, an enormous amount of money has moved out of stocks and into far less riskier assets. What we're experiencing right now is a de-risking of assets across the board, from small investors to large investors. And and crypto is a part of that. Remember that Bitcoin came about at the beginning of the world's largest experiment of money printing. Right. So Bitcoin has always known a world of massive money printing. Bitcoin was a was and is a check against out of control money printing. Well, what happens when the money supply shrinks? Well, that's what's happening right now. Bitcoin goes down in price. Bitcoin becomes less valuable. The more responsible central bankers become. Now what does that mean? Does that mean now that we don't need Bitcoin? Central bankers have found, you know, they found Jesus and they're on the righteous path? No, they're only doing this because inflation is a gun at the temple of central bankers. If they do not get inflation under control, they know that their currencies will be as worthless as an Argentinean peso or a or a bolivar, and they are deathly afraid of that taking place. And so we should take Jerome Powell seriously when he says he is unafraid of breaking the economy and causing massive unemployment in order to get inflation under control. And under that scenario, you really don't want to be long anything other than short term bonds. Certainly dollar cost averaging to Bitcoin, as I do. I think it makes sense. But if you're looking to allocate large capital right now, I wouldn't be putting it in equities and I certainly wouldn't be putting it in any crypto. And if I'm going to go in crypto, I'm not going to go way out onto the risk curve. I am Bitcoin and Ethereum. That to me, those are the two, let's call them blue chips, but they're not. Let me be clear, they're not blue chips. But if we're saying, okay, what are the highest quality projects within the space, it's Bitcoin and Ethereum. There's no question to that. The other thing to remember is that right now, if we look at the the the traditional financial market, they are taking their cue from their analysts as to what they believe will happen on interest rates. And so their allocation to Bitcoin or even Bitcoin derivatives like this CME futures is all based upon where they think inflation will go and what they think the Federal Reserve will do. Their models suggest that not only is Powell going to stop raising interest rates, but he's going to pivot and cut interest rates at some point this year. And that is not going to happen. That is a fantasy. We call that hope here. Not only do crypto degenerates suck on the hope pipe, but also the guys on Wall Street as well. And they are imbibing deeply of the opium pipe right now. If they think that Jerome Powell is going to stop and cut interest rates in 2023, it is not not going to happen. And when that reality sinks in, not only will equity prices go down, but so will Bitcoin prices and so will the theory and prices.
Travis Wright: So if we're looking at long term, then, you know, we haven't bottomed out according to what you're thinking, then, you know, it seems to me there's a lot of people talking about the global economy is teetering like we've we've been kind of sitting on the edge, like the Bank of England was was teetering. There was like a global margin calls and stuff going on. Like there's some crazy stuff going on internationally in the economy. So I know a lot of people are freaking out. So but from your perspective, you think that it might it will recover eventually and potentially Bitcoin could go to, what, 12, ten? What do you think?
Teeka Tiwari: Well, let's look at the different the different scenarios that are out there. If we're just looking at a scenario of Jerome Powell raising rates longer than the Street expects, you know, Bitcoin will come in, but not a lot, you know, 15 k something, something like that. If we're talking about a continuation of the fraud and the fallout from Sam Bankman-fried, where let's say DCG has to file bankruptcy, they have to liquidate the Gbtc trust and start smacking the bid with all that Bitcoin. And then let's say that then unwinds tether, which we then find out is a fraud, or Binance has a huge problem. And let's say hypothetically, they have a fraud problem. To a situation like that where you have massive systemic rollout risk. You know, 9 to $11000 Bitcoin is not out of the question.
Joel Comm: Well, this story just popped up on Reuters today. World Bank warns global economy could tip into recession in 2023. So the bankers, the bankers are, you know, sounding an alarm. At the very least here. They're slashing their forecasts on growth and and saying they expect global GDP of 1.7% in 2023, which is as slow as it's been outside of the 2009 2020 recession since 1993.
Teeka Tiwari: Yeah, but but if you look at Wall Street estimates, they've barely moved. They're saying that that earnings will come down maybe three or 4%.
Joel Comm: They don't care.
Teeka Tiwari: Well, think about what they're in the business out there. They're called sell side analysts for a reason. Right. Their job is to sell stocks and to sell deals that they have positions in or that are investment banking clients. You know if a sell side analysts lips are moving, you know he's lying.
Joel Comm: So their job is to sell retail to mom and pop, take their money and give it to the big financial institutions, right? Correct. That's what they do every day, all day. It's it's a chump bet. Yeah.
Teeka Tiwari: But that's not to say there aren't pockets of value in the stock market. There are. What I'm saying is, is that just be patient. Now is not the time to FOMO. There's a time where it makes sense to FOMO early to mid-stage of a bull market. Yes, FOMO. You'll make a ton of money. FOMO and being too conservative will actually hurt you in a market like that. But we're only in year one of a crypto bear market that normally goes for two, two and a half years. And we're only in year one of an equity bear market in a situation where interest rates are actually going up, not going down. So it there is no reason to FOMO. You know what I'm buying right now? 30 and 90 day government bonds. That's it. And then I'm waiting.
Joel Comm: But you're not selling. You're. You're Bitcoin. You're not.
Teeka Tiwari: I've never sold my Bitcoin from the first Bitcoin I bought back in 2016 for 400 and change. I don't I don't sell my Bitcoin. I don't trade my bitcoin, trading your bitcoin. And I got to make a lot of enemies during this is one of the stupidest decisions you could ever make. Stupid, stupid.
Joel Comm: I have sold the bottoms so many times. You may as well just look at me and say stupid, stupid, stupid. Because I know I it's. I don't know why I've capitulated. I understand capitulating once, but making the same mistake twice. That's. Yeah, I didn't learn from it.
Teeka Tiwari: Here's the key with bitcoin. Buy it. Don't use leverage. Use your own wallet. Put it away. And just don't think about it. Go live your life. Okay. The Bitcoin is there to do the heavy lifting for you over time. If you want to sit there and gamble your way and try to become a multimillionaire gambling, fine. Do that. But know that you're doing that. But if you want to own Bitcoin and you want to own a long term asset, that will compound for you at a faster rate than any other asset in the world will for you at least any other traditional asset, then all you have to do is be smart enough to do nothing. That's it.
Joel Comm: Yeah. I'm good at doing nothing.
Travis Wright: That that is an interesting thing. So now there's a lot of people who are like, okay, so I've gotten out of some shit coins and you're putting them in some stablecoins and people are thinking, okay, the stablecoin, it's in my wallet, it should be secure. But sometimes these stablecoins are not secure. So it's like, what? What would you suggest to somebody who's like, they pulled money out of the market and it's sitting in usdc or USD and it's not doing much. They're scared of Defi right now and they're just kind of chillin on it like.
Teeka Tiwari: Buy 90 day government bonds that are guaranteed and yielding 4 to 4 and a half percent and just wait. That's it. Just wait.
Travis Wright: Do you need to pull it out of the market, out of crypto, into cash and then trade that and Ameritrade or something?
Teeka Tiwari: You got Ameritrade, Fidelity and you can you can go directly to Treasury Direct and buy your bonds directly from the government, buy some bonds, go enjoy your life and be patient and wait. We've all been through bull markets before. We know they don't just go straight up, right. They always give you multiple opportunities to get back on bull.
Joel Comm: And then they end in tears and weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Travis Wright: But what happens when the dollar collapses?
Teeka Tiwari: The dollar is not going to collapse. That is another. Okay, here we go. Here was just some just total garbage. Should have been people have been talking about for the last 30 years. Do you know what there is in the world? Hundreds of trillions of dollars? Were you going to put that you're going to put that in the Chinese currency where they're going to confiscate all your money, You're going to put that in. The Swiss franc will blow up the Swiss franc. It's not big enough. You're going to go put it in Japanese yen. Yeah, good luck with that. There's only so many places you can put that much money. There's the only bucket big enough, and the only place that that protects your property ownership rights is the United States. Say what you want about America are property ownership rights and all contract law here is second to none. So at the end of the day, you can hate on America all you want. You can say they print all they want. No one is destroying the dollar any time soon. Yes, it's a broken system. Think of the dollar. As I've always said that the dollar is is is the is. He's the skinniest fat guy in a room of unhealthy fat guys. Right? They're all unhealthy. They're all got type two diabetes. They're all doing the wrong thing. But he's the healthiest guy in the room.
Travis Wright: That's not me because I'm the fattest guy here.
Joel Comm: I don't know. You look lighter than I saw you last time.
Travis Wright: That. So let me ask this then. So the U.S. dollar is not going to crash, but what they converted to the digital currency. Right. Which is scared a lot of people. We're talking to people and they're going, oh, man. And when you see some of the how cbdcs can be programmed as like, oh, well, we're going to give you your universal basic income and oh, you don't have your latest update so you don't get your cbdc Or maybe there's a it's restricted with the time frame they can expire. So some of this stuff about the cbdcs really freaking people out long term.
Teeka Tiwari: Well, they should, but that's 1012 years.
Travis Wright: Really.
Teeka Tiwari: From that. That's not going to happen right away. Think about all the constitutional issues, right, of having state issued money and then think about what happens if the Federal Reserve is issuing money. It will automatically defund the entire U.S. banking system because nobody will want to have money within the individual banks. Is there's a lot of of potential problems of rolling that out. And the Federal Reserve, they don't want to break anything. Right. They would rather move slowly. I agree with you. It's eventually coming. You pull that camera back far enough. Cbdcs are definitively coming. But by then, certainly my hope is that we will be on the way to hyper Bitcoin ization. Bitcoin will be much more valuable, much larger. We'll have very good low cost net payment networks and then there'll be an actual alternative to Cbdcs. You're not very.
Joel Comm: Optimistic and very reasonable in your approach. It's easy to, you know, there's a lot of people with the sky is falling, the sky is falling, and there's there's people, a lot of people now they're saying, especially quarter two is when we're going to really see the big crash in the market that is is bound to come. But I remember during the crypto bull market where people are saying it's going from 65 to 100000, it's going to go and everybody was pushing and what happened? It contrarian went the other way. So now you got a the majority are saying Bitcoin is not yet tested its lows. What if everybody's wrong here the same way they were wrong in the bull market?
Teeka Tiwari: Well, the first things first is everybody here listening has a stake. So if if we if we're wrong, you're going to make money regardless. Right. Okay. The other thing is this is a case for why you should dollar cost average at least part of your capital, let's say, okay, I've got X amount of capital to allocate this year, take 30% of it and dollar cost average. Do it daily. Do it weekly. Do it month. So at least you have a position. The conundrum that you're talking about faces every investor, whether you invest in stocks, whether you invest in homes, whether you flip collectible cars, watches. Everybody has to deal with. That's that same issue because none of us have a crystal ball.
Travis Wright: I'm actually looking for this thing on my phone where if you see the map of 2008 2009 crash and then how we're mapping out right now from the months leading up to the crash, it's almost like identical. And so it seemed like in 2008, 29, they just kind of kicked the can down the road a little bit. They did quantitative easing, printed a bunch of money and said, we're going to handle this crash down the road.
Joel Comm: And bailed out Wall.
Travis Wright: Street. And here we are 15 years later, the kick can kick in down the road. I mean, how crazy could the crash be from your guys's, you know, a Palm Beach research group? And you guys are looking at this. How does this look? Are we looking at the market? We're sitting at a market. We're going 40%, down 30%. How big of a crash are we going to look at? Or maybe it's a minimal crash. I mean, I don't know. But there are some there's some sky is falling people. And I think I fit in that sometimes.
Teeka Tiwari: Again, I'm going to bring it back to interest rates. It all depends on interest rates. If interest rates stay where they are, the U.S. equity market, as measured by the S&P 500, is probably 15 to 20% overvalued. If interest rates start coming down, then the the the current valuation is fair value on the S&P 500. If interest rates go up, let's say they go up to five, six, 7%, then you're going to see equity prices drop. If we go to 7%, then equity prices are probably going to drop 25 to 30% more from here. But the key thing to remember is that 0809 was driven by a financial crisis because of bad collateral and and over lending. It's the same thing that's going on with Defi was going on back then, except Defi doesn't have any, you know, a big paper to no.
Joel Comm: Bailouts.
Teeka Tiwari: You know, like the Federal Reserve. Mm hmm. So what happened back in 0809, you had somebody who would take this one asset and they would borrow against it repeatedly, you know, six, seven, eight, you know, sometimes 38 times they would borrow against the same asset. So they can't do that anymore. That's not to say that you don't have some reckless borrowing going on in the financial system. You clearly do. You you mentioned it in passing when you talked about what was going on with the Bank of England. The reason why you had that massive wobble in the Bank of England is you saw interest rates go from about one and a half percent to four or 5% on long dated U.K. government debt. They're called gilts. So so why does that matter? It matters because the pension funds in the UK system were buying UK gilts at one and a half percent, leveraging them 4 to 1. So they were getting a 6% return on capital. But what happens when a bond that was issued and one and a half percent yield now goes to 5%? What happens? It drops in value by 75% and it wipes out your equity. And that's what happened. The entire pension fund system, the entire pension fund system for U.K. was bankrupt. And the only reason why that why those losses didn't have to get booked is because the Bank of England came in and said, we are going to buy an unlimited amount of long dated debt in order to bring these yields down.
Travis Wright: So is that a down the road?
Teeka Tiwari: Oh, no. Oh, it's 100% are kicking the can down the road. Now, this is what I believe is happening since that took place. Obviously, I don't know this for a fact, but what I think is happening is that you've you are probably seeing central bankers around the world speak to all of their member banks and saying, you've got to get in contact with all of your pension fund counterparties and get them off leverage because because otherwise they can't raise interest rates and they need to raise interest rates in order to bring inflation down. So I think that's what's happening right now, because as soon as that happened, you started seeing this really weird buying of the ten year Treasury in the US. And I'm looking at that and I'm like, Who's buying that? That's not a pension fund buying that. That's got to be some type of yield curve control happening by the Federal Reserve in order to mitigate some of this risk that we saw play out in the UK. So my guess is that is that the very large players that have big leveraged positions in bonds have deleveraged and now that that deleveraging is either done or mostly done, you are going to start seeing the interest rate on the ten year Treasury start to rise and also the interest rates in the UK start to rise quite dramatically. So if anybody has long, long dated bonds, you should take advantage of this rally and get out of them. And if you want to stay in bonds, go short, dated, go, go. 90 days, six months. But but do not take long duration risk at this. It just. It just doesn't make any.
Joel Comm: You are a licensed financial advisor?
Teeka Tiwari: No, I am not a licensed financial. So none of this is financial. Okay.
Joel Comm: Just. Just Jack and.
Teeka Tiwari: I am just giving my perspective.
Joel Comm: So what does this tell you? The price of gold is approaching 1900 dollars again. So it's. I don't know. It's supposed to be a core corollary with the dollar, Right?
Teeka Tiwari: Been trading sideways for ten years. The dollar goes down, gold goes up. Uh, I don't know so much.
Travis Wright: Fake gold and fake silver paper.
Teeka Tiwari: I don't even look at gold anymore.
Joel Comm: Don't know about this. I mean, sideways. Ten years ago, it was. Where are we at? Here. I'm looking at the actual price. It was around 1100 dollars, you know, So it got as high as 2000. I mean, but.
Teeka Tiwari: That's.
Joel Comm: That's a.
Teeka Tiwari: Pretty.
Joel Comm: That's a pretty steep. But, you know, increase there.
Travis Wright: So that always makes me sad because I look at that and I know in 2009 and 2010 and 11, I was buying gold and silver instead of buying Bitcoin. And then if I had done that, I would, you know, I'd probably be closed in at a certain point at near $1,000,000,000. But instead I have like half of the value that I spent on the gold and silver because the prices were. Abby And then what? I was like, Oh, so I knew something was coming and my just strategy was not the best.
Teeka Tiwari: But the thing to remember is the core buyer of gold. They're dying. There are people those core buyers are in their seventies and eighties now, and the people that are coming up that would would normally buy gold, well, they're buying Bitcoin, right? So if you look at the demographics over the next 20 years, you've got Gen Z, Gen X, and then Gen Y, they're going to be inheriting about $68 trillion in value.
Travis Wright: In gold as.
Teeka Tiwari: Well. No, no, just, just just in value valuation. Yeah. What I'm saying is that that value is not going to trickle into gold. That value is going to trickle it. Certainly much of that is going to trickle into Bitcoin, Etherium and the crypto ecosystem, but it's not going into gold. I think gold is outside of maybe some brief moments where gold has spikes which are impossible to predict. Think about this. We've seen the worst inflation in 40 years. It would be you could have been totally right four years ago and said we're going to see out of control 40 year inflation, load up on gold, buy gold futures, you're going to make a fortune and you would have looked like a dummy.
Joel Comm: So what they said they'd never seen buy silver and, you know, stock up now silver is going to go to the moon. Silver is going to catch up with, you know, there's too.
Travis Wright: Much manipulation in the space. If if that wasn't the case, then maybe that would be so. It at least it seems like that to me. But it's like also, I've always looked at this and I go, man, you know, how is gold not ever really tied to Bitcoin at all in a way that's easily accessible for people? It's like really, right now, one Bitcoin is worth eight and a half ounces of gold at the high at $69, like 30 something ounces of gold for one day connected me like that's like, whoa, like that. The dollar, the dollar over time teeters and the value of it, but it's like it's costing $8, $9 to go buy a dozen eggs now. Right. And so it's almost like how how many bitcoins per egg.
Teeka Tiwari: But the thing is that the dollar is not a store of value. If you're using the dollar, that's a value. You know, you need to do some remedial training.
Travis Wright: You don't want to keep your money in a bank account. You don't want to keep it in a stablecoin You don't want to keep it in gold or silver. You don't want to keep it.
Teeka Tiwari: Again, again, this is I'm not telling anybody what to do. This is what I'm doing. I own short term government bonds. Sure, four and a half percent, which is what you're getting on government bonds is probably half the current inflation rate.
Travis Wright: Right.
Teeka Tiwari: But last year, would you prefer to have lost four and a half percent or the amount of money that you.
Travis Wright: Lost across.
Teeka Tiwari: The board?
Travis Wright: Yeah, jeez. In some cases some of my cryptos are down 90 something percent. I mean, you're looking at that and it's just like, Oh, it hurts. Please make it stop. Gold. Please make it stop.
Joel Comm: So U.S. government, everybody can buy U.S. government bonds on any brokerage, right?
Teeka Tiwari: Basically, yeah. And if I ever get in trouble for telling people to buy U.S. government bonds, you know, I mean, I don't know what I could do. There's nothing the safest instrument in the world. Again, go no more than 90 days or 60 or 90, 90 days to six months out, because you don't want that that the longer you go out on bonds, the higher your risk is to changes in interest rate. They call that duration.
Travis Wright: I got a question around that. So say I go, I've never bought a bond before ever. Right. So let's say I go out and I buy a 30 day bond. That 30 day is up. Does it automatically sell at that particular price? You do. You got to go in and.
Teeka Tiwari: No, you don't have to sell anything. What happens is you're lending the government money for 30 days. Yeah. And after 30 days they give you your money back and your a little bit of interest.
Travis Wright: Okay. Well, nice. Very nice. Okay.
Joel Comm: Automatic, easy peasy. So your your newsletter, very popular. Tell people a little bit about, you know, what you do at Palm Beach and Yeah.
Teeka Tiwari: So Palm Beach Confidential we started that newsletter to cover the. So space. And in 2016 there really wasn't very good, unbiased research in crypto. And I say I'm biased because at least at our newsletter, we're not allowed to buy the things that we recommend. I can buy Bitcoin, I can buy Etherium. That's it. Anything outside of that that I've recommended, I can't buy. So we also don't take any outside sponsorship or advertising or anything of that nature. So we can go into the project, look at it, write about it, and not be beholden to anyone which has given us an edge over the years. And that's what we do is essentially where most of us are ex Wall Street guys and we take our due diligence approach and we, we write in a way that everybody can understand, but we also write in a way that respects the the research process that we all learned on Wall Street.
Travis Wright: It seems to me like, Oh my God, you find something just for example, Polygon, and you're like, Oh man. But I'm not saying you think Polygon's grades are bad, but you're like, Oh man, it's doing stuff with Disney. It's got the great metrics they're building. They're doing all this stuff, and you're like, Oh, I can't buy animatic, because.
Teeka Tiwari: That's right.
Travis Wright: Really? And you're like, Damn, I should get some matic. So like, and so that's why it's a good idea for you to be part of the newsletter because you get to hear about these projects. You're doing deep dives in and you guys aren't winning at all on these antithetical getting paid.
Joel Comm: So getting paid for the newsletter because he's got right.
Teeka Tiwari: That's our revenue stream is the newsletter. So we have built our business around providing excellent research and that's that's our model. We make money off of subscription fees. That's it. So if we don't do a good job, we don't deliver, you know, Describer, I want.
Travis Wright: A refund. Give me a refund. I lost 99% on mad them and give a refund. I didn't lose that much on Matic. Only about 85% of.
Teeka Tiwari: Your price did your own backup.
Joel Comm: To too many dollars.
Travis Wright: Yeah. Yeah. I think Matt got it to to 50 to 60, you know.
Joel Comm: Yeah. Somebody that's 85 $0.90.
Travis Wright: It's okay down 60.
Teeka Tiwari: It's only about 60%.
Joel Comm: That's actually one of the biggest winners right now I think in, in crypto. So you you worked on Wall Street. Tell us some of the what are the dirty little secrets there in the boys club. Okay.
Teeka Tiwari: So one of the one of the biggest dirty little secrets on Wall Street is Wall Street does not want you to be rich. Now, they also don't want you to be broke. They want to keep you even and they want to milk you for fees. It's the reason why they say, let's just hook us hook you. They want to hook you up into their fee machine. They want to be able to take money from your account every month and put it into their high cost funds. And they just basically slowly bleed you dry for 30 years. That that's their biggest thing. It's like, don't blow customers up, keep them even and just keep them in this for.
Joel Comm: Just just enough. Right. Talk about, you know, you want to buy some stocks are going to go up. They're going to go down. And you got Jim Cramer, you know, shilling on TV, probably get paid well to do what he's doing. And and and and what I'm told from my friends and advisors is that buying stocks is a chump bet that that's not what they're doing on Wall Street, that they're playing with the in-between money. Right. With their options and their futures. That's what the big boys do.
Teeka Tiwari: There's a lot of different ways that that larger companies monetize. But just just remember, Wall Street's biggest profit center is you, the customer, always remember that.
Travis Wright: So if it's like big Pharma, it's like every time that you heal someone, you lose a customer. So they don't they don't like that, right?
Teeka Tiwari: So if you're looking to get involved in the stock market, you're much better off just buying a a an S&P 500 Vanguard fund, where I think it's about maybe ten basis points is what they charge you. You're going to beat 85% of all fund managers. And over a long period of time, you're going to beat more than 90% of the fund managers in the world. So so again, I you know, I know this is about crypto, but let's talk about investments and the attitude around investments.
Joel Comm: It's about money. I mean, we're it's about the future. It's about making good decisions. Yeah, it's bad crypto, but the bad, you know, we're bad so we can talk about wherever we want.
Teeka Tiwari: Well, if you really care about making money and growing your net worth, the single biggest lever you have is your is your career. So you should look at your career. If your career does not give you the ability to make a lot of money, you need to change careers.
Joel Comm: Travis, he's talking to us. Oh, man.
Travis Wright: We we need to do the good Crypto podcast. It will be the last episode of City. Once it's all your fault, I blame. I blame myself. Never mind. I blame me.
Teeka Tiwari: So in terms of wealth creation, focus on a great career, focus on getting great at your career and increase your ability to earn. And then once you've. Your ability to earn. Don't increase your ability to spend. Reduce your. Reduce your spending and then invest the balance. Something as simple as an S&P 500 fund over time will develop enough wealth for you to retire on. And, of course, you know, I'm going to say buy a little bitcoin along the way. But it's a mistake to put your, in my opinion, to put your entire net worth into Bitcoin. I've always said the cryptos and Bitcoin are one small part of of a holistic wealth plan. They're not the be all and end all of everything you should do in order to create long term wealth.
Travis Wright: It's a financial instrument, not the be all, end all, and take a look and learn about some of these other things. I think that's one of the reasons people tune in to our show as well. For one, they wanted to learn about crypto and to it's like, Well, how do I make money? What do I need to do? And so we've always been adamant about not giving financial advice, but we bring people on who are intelligent enough to to teach people what to do. So if you're listening right now, pay attention to some of these things and think about some of these other financial instruments, because right now we're in a really interesting time in world history. And so be safe.
Teeka Tiwari: Right? Be safe. And the other thing is to think about your career right now and think about, okay, does my career have the ability to for me to make a lot of money? And then what are the people that are making a lot of money in my career doing so? Take one of those people out, identify them and take them out for lunch and you pay for the lunch.
Joel Comm: And don't say, I want to pick your brain.
Teeka Tiwari: Don't say I want to pick your brain.
Joel Comm: I hate that.
Teeka Tiwari: And just and just talk to them.
Travis Wright: Don't say I want to pick your nose either, because that's gross.
Teeka Tiwari: Also, that's very gross. And just have I just say, listen, you know, I've really seen you've been incredibly successful. Tell me your story. What do you do different from everybody else? What makes you different? And somebody and if you just shut up and let that person speak and and that person will tell you the things that they've done, they've they've generally come in earlier. They work harder. They've they've done more. They've put themselves in the pathway of opportunity. They've taken on more. And maybe you might be sitting there and especially if you work for somebody else and you think, well, you know, if I do all that, I'm not going to get paid, or what do I do if that's not recognized by my employer? The thing to remember is you do all of that extra work, not for your employer, you do it for you. So you can become the type of person that gets better at what you're doing. So you can ultimately either make more money in the role you have or become more valuable in the marketplace so somebody else will pay you more money for what you do. It's about your development and there's no such thing as wasted effort. If you say, Oh my goodness, you know, I did all this extra work, I wrote this extra part, I went through these extra classes and and nobody in my company cares or nobody cares that I made extra money for the company. It doesn't matter. What matters is, is that you got better. Your confidence is going to increase. You can take that increased confidence and that increased competence and parlay it into another role that gets you more money. It's about developing you for your benefit.
Travis Wright: I love that. You know, and that's one of the things that I that I really did back in 2006. I created a podcast called Cultivate Greatness. And I was like, you know what? If I go and interview all these amazing people, then some of that's going to rub off. And now I have a lot of these amazing people in my network. Right. And so, like even taking time and just creating a podcast of some sort and interviewing people will allow you to have access to people you wouldn't usually have access to.
Joel Comm: We call that the Jon Lee Dumas effect, right? That's basically what everybody, Jon did. And so they're being successful people and now is all the entrepreneurs are burning their own fire. So I actually had a point and in my bad joke there, I just I lost it completely. Oh, I remember. So. Everybody can't do that, though, because as was said in Caddyshack all those years ago by Ted. What Ted and I want to say Ted Knight was as name the comedian tonight. What he said was, well, Danny, the world needs ditch diggers, too, right? Who would do the the jobs? That you're not aspiring to greatness. You're the you know, you're the clerk at a Wal-Mart. You're, you know.
Teeka Tiwari: So I have been both the ditch digger and the ditch owner. Right. And when I was let's call it Ditch Digger, working three jobs. Right. Working during the day and then working at night and then working on the weekends. I was still thinking about how do I get better at my job. I was still spending far less than I was earning. I was still. Right.
Joel Comm: You're you're an achiever. And the world is not made of achievers. There is a reason we have this bell curve and we have this thing called average because the majority of people look, they're they they go to their jobs and they're not aspiring more to that. Their cash in their checks, they're barely living within their means and they have no hope of going beyond that in their mind that this is as good as it gets.
Teeka Tiwari: You're asking me how how do I how do I force change on the.
Joel Comm: No, no.
Travis Wright: I'm saying how do you get a swift kick in the ass? You know what they're going to do? They're going to change if they want to change.
Teeka Tiwari: Right. That's the bottom line. I can't help those people. I'm here on this podcast and do this type of work for the person that wants to change that. The person that look is looking around their life and they're thinking, you know, my life's got to be better than this. There's got to be a better life than this. Like that guy, that girl, that person. I can help the person who sits around and is perfectly happy with their life as it is. God bless them.
Joel Comm: I don't think they're happy, though. I don't. Well, some people are, but.
Travis Wright: I have to change, Joel, because air is coming and it's here and it's getting crazy for a lot.
Joel Comm: Of us. Are you going down that rabbit hole? You going down? You see what's happened with A.I., with Chat, GPT and Mid Journey, These images, you know, all of a sudden, unless you are excellent as a photographer or as a content creator, you're you're not going to be needed anymore.
Teeka Tiwari: I would say this is a warning that everyone listening to should pay attention to. If you have not made obtaining financial freedom your top priority. You are making a mistake of epic proportions because as I improves, economic opportunity will shrink at a scale that we have never, ever seen before. Economic opportunity is going to coalesce around the very smartest people in this world.
Joel Comm: So where are the new opportunities? What's going to rise? What are we going to have a need for? You know what? With the horse and buggy, that thing goes away. You know, you get the car, right, Self-driving cars are going to come. Then you're not going to need Uber drivers that came up in this, you know, shared economy. Where are the opportunities going to rise? Have you thought about this much?
Teeka Tiwari: I haven't thought about it much, but I have thought about, okay, what are the core skills that are valuable no matter what world we live in? So one core skill that that let's say you you think you have no talent? I have average intelligence, but I'm not really particularly talented in anything. There's one core skill that any I believe anyone can learn that is the greatest equalizer.
Joel Comm: It's juggling. I know he's going to say juggling.
Travis Wright: Right? I thought it was going to be really, really, really ridiculously good looking and humble.
Joel Comm: And juggling.
Teeka Tiwari: That have no learning how to sell.
Joel Comm: See, I was wrong. I was learning.
Teeka Tiwari: How to sell. Anyone can learn how to sell. Yeah. If you can learn how to sell, you will always be able to feed yourself and your family because yes, I will be able to learn how to sell. There is.
Joel Comm: It's that personal to.
Teeka Tiwari: That personal touch. It's going to be a long time before computers will be able to fill in that gap. And they will eventually, but it'll be a long time.
Travis Wright: We are entering into a brave new world. Seriously, as we're rushing to 2030, I mean, here we are. We're in 2023. Yeah, 2030 will be here before we know it. Right. And it seems to me like I'm looking at this. Maybe it's because after 2012, we've entered into the Age of Aquarius and things are just rapidly. But if you look at the last 100 plus years, you know, it's like from horse and buggy to the car to the airplane to good Lord, here we are with a I within a hundred years of civilization. And the last one actually, probably from maybe from the year 1900 to now maybe 125 years. The growth of humanity, it's almost like something has unlocked within us creative wise, and it's just exploded. And it seems to me that these next 7 to 10 years, we're going to see more change than we've seen in a long time. As I get smarter and some of this technology gets going. And so, you know, it is always interesting if you can see what's going on in some places around the world, like what the weak our population in China with the Panopticon and how there's, you know, cameras everywhere and all this stuff, It's like, man, just how do we work, do humanity's favor so we don't get stuck in this dystopian thing, man.
Teeka Tiwari: You said Panopticon. That's cool. I haven't that's. I haven't heard that.
Joel Comm: It makes him sound real smart.
Teeka Tiwari: It does. Explain to everybody what the panopticon of an.
Travis Wright: Optical is, essentially a prison that you don't really realize. You're in a prison where there's cameras everywhere.
Joel Comm: The Matrix, are you?
Travis Wright: It's well, it's a it's the Panopticon, in its truest sense, is like a central tower that can watch everything. But not everybody realizes that they're being watched.
Joel Comm: Surveillance.
Travis Wright: It's everywhere. The surveillance state on steroids is happening.
Joel Comm: My, my, my new June oven is watching you right now.
Travis Wright: It's true. Yeah, that's right. And it's general direction. I don't know if it's all that or not, but it's probably going to make my bird my next meal. But so it is interesting to watch at where we're heading and it's like it's like that's where I'm kind of like humanity. We got to wake up because things could get crazy in here if we don't pay attention.
Teeka Tiwari: So let's talk about what would you view as a crazy outcome?
Travis Wright: What do I view as a crazy outcome? Well, you know, just the tightening of of everything when governments well, now we're already at a point, from my perspective, where elections aren't trust, we can't trust elections because they're all using these online software. And then and look how quickly they shut down the world for COVID. You know, basically all all they had to say was, hey, we need to shut down for a couple of weeks and the whole world was essentially shut down. What happens when that next one gets released? How much more they tighten? And what it seems to me is like they always take two or three steps forward. They wait for the resistance and then they take a step back and just kind of wait.
Joel Comm: And you're such a conspiracy realist.
Teeka Tiwari: But let's talk about. I hear you. Yeah, but let's talk about how it directly affects your ability to live your life the way that you want to live.
Joel Comm: Well, we we couldn't go outside or.
Teeka Tiwari: Outside or outside of a pandemic, which is that's been a once in a century kind of deal maybe. Right. We'll see. You can call me.
Joel Comm: But they pulled it off Once they masked us, once they got millions of people jabbed. And now a lot of people are regretting having done so. And they collapse the economy. They killed businesses and they're like, huh, Well, if we could do that, what else? Can we do? Right.
Teeka Tiwari: Right. But they also flooded the world with liquidity. And again, if you were nimble enough, there was an opportunity there to make enormous sums of money. My, my my point is, is that you're what it appears to me is that you're personalizing something that isn't personal. The machinations of government wanting to exert more control are as old as Roman times. Heck, even Greek times for thousands of years. Governments, rulers, barons, you name it. Kings, queens. We've never always have, always tried to take control. You're right. Yeah, but. But there's also a double edged sword with this technology. They're sucking in so much information. They have information overload. What are they going to do? You're telling me there's some guy sitting there that's like, Oh, I know Travis is cheating on his taxes and I'm going to catch him with my with my little radar that I have with my A.I.. Wow. No, no. They're going to go after Bezos. They're going to go after Warren Buffett. They're going to go after these big, big.
Travis Wright: They're going to go after the $600 Venmo.
Teeka Tiwari: You know what I mean? That was just that was the stupidest thing. It's like some guy sells his sells his trading cards and you're going to I thank God they strip that out. I mean, they say they're going to bring it back. But I think that's one of the dumbest.
Joel Comm: Things.
Teeka Tiwari: That they can do in such a time. Suck of of government resources. You're going to chase people down for $600 with the, you know, trading card revenue. It's nuts.
Joel Comm: I think perhaps you should be clear that you do not cheat on your taxes because he just asserted that.
Travis Wright: You might like that. That's not cool. Throw me under the bus. No, but I'm so I mean, if I look at it, I'm like, you know what? When I don't pay attention to the media or because I don't pay attention to mainstream media, but when I watch the doom and gloom, you can see it's like, Oh, sure, this is great.
Teeka Tiwari: But it's infecting your current state of mind. You know, let me ask you, do you have food in your fridge? For sure.
Travis Wright: It look like I have for you.
Teeka Tiwari: Are your bills paid? Yeah. Do you have people that love you? For sure. Do you enjoy your life and live your life?
Travis Wright: Well, that's how I do. And that is. That's the case. And that's what I talk about. But I can kind of see it's like it's that sort of the cavalier thing that kind of makes people go all right as they slowly inch towards the shitty ness for us all. And so if I look at it, I mean, I want to be optimistic. I think that humanity on its core is really positive. Yeah, but.
Teeka Tiwari: You're carrying a homing device that listens to everything you say, that tracks everything you.
Travis Wright: Do in sacred geometry. Track the tracks, the.
Teeka Tiwari: Tracks everywhere you go. And you tell me you care about your freedom. Mm hmm. Put this in the goddamn garbage If you care about your freedom. Carry a flip phone.
Joel Comm: Yeah, dude.
Travis Wright: A Faraday cage.
Joel Comm: Yeah. Yeah.
Travis Wright: I got it. But, you know, you can see how, you know, even people who are going to protest and stuff, they're like, Oh, well, they protested. We pinged their phone. We saw who they are. Boom. Now they're gone. They haven't. You don't see them anymore. Yeah.
Teeka Tiwari: Don't again. If. If that bothers you. Yeah. Don't have a phone. Opt out of having a phone. You can live your life without a phone. It might feel like you can't. But you.
Joel Comm: We did before. We did before a tweet.
Teeka Tiwari: Yeah.
Joel Comm: With your mind.
Travis Wright: Pretty instant to the chip.
Joel Comm: They're going to chip you and you'll be able to tweet with your mind. Done. This is why a lot of people, you know, So we just got our second. Not not Travis and me. We myself and my partner, we just got our second citizenships in another country and another passport. And I'm a big believer in having a plan B that is taking control of your life and going, what if things go to hell in a handbasket? What can I do?
Teeka Tiwari: You still haven't told me yet what hell in a handbasket means. I need you to be specific.
Joel Comm: A dystopian hellscape. Dystopian hellscape.
Teeka Tiwari: What outcome is it that you would say? All right, I'm out. I'm like, I know what the outcome is for me and I'll tell you, but I want you guys to tell me what.
Travis Wright: I would say. You think of the Great Reset. You're going to own nothing and you'll be happy. It bugs the World Economic Forum and how they're saying, Oh yeah, we're going to do away with me. You're going to be eating bug protein powder and you got it. And then we don't even know we don't even know the consequences of all these 60% of the world population taking this vaccine.
Teeka Tiwari: Okay.
Travis Wright: There's a lot of crazy shit going on.
Teeka Tiwari: And this is my third time asking you this question. What is the specific set of circumstances?
Travis Wright: I think that I think the global economy crashes. They bring in a digital cbdc of some sort. 30 to 40% of the population dies because these strange medical coincidences and it just and then slowly they're going to go, oh, look, see, it's a new cause. This is causing all of us. And so then, you know, if you look at what Orwell said, it's my view as sort of an Orwell and Aldous Huxley hybrid. It's not so much one or the other. It's kind of a little bit of both. It's like a brave new world. There's going to be sort of quarantined areas that you can't go in. You're not approved to go in. If we're looking at ten or 15 years down the road going on and they keep they keep releasing these viruses or whatever's going on, and now you got to take the new vaccines. It's going to create a group of people that are very, very unhealthy because their immune systems are destroyed. I'm not taking those because I'm I'm not.
Joel Comm: So I think I think where it where it would cross the line, where it would say you must take this medical procedure whether you want to or not.
Travis Wright: You don't have this passport, this vaccine passport. You can't go and people can't come to America unless they have the vaccine. Our systems.
Joel Comm: Are still.
Travis Wright: Going on. It's just a matter of how we focus on him.
Joel Comm: He has something in his head, though, that. Go ahead. What is yours?
Teeka Tiwari: No, for me, it's it's a confiscation of wealth, loss of property rights, insane taxation. Right. You know, those are the things I would say. Okay, those are my red lines. I'm out the type of hellscape that you are describing. Let's say that I was a professional bookie, man. I would those odds of.
Joel Comm: Well, look at China, though. I mean, they've got the social credit system now that there is if.
Teeka Tiwari: He's talking about 40% of the people dying.
Joel Comm: Well. Well, Travis has a flair for the dramatic frame.
Travis Wright: Yeah, well, I mean, the the statistics are ramping up pretty. I hope that's not the case. I hope that I'm wrong.
Joel Comm: Right. Because people we know.
Travis Wright: People we know.
Teeka Tiwari: Are.
Travis Wright: Have a very bad situation through these medical coincidences.
Teeka Tiwari: I feel like I have to be kind of a voice of reason here and say, friends. Those of you that are listening right now.
Joel Comm: These guys are conspiracy theorists.
Teeka Tiwari: Take an extra dose of your blood pressure medication and say, take a breath. And and so many things that that mankind has obsessed over and been afraid of. They've just robbed the joy of of daily life. At the end of the day, we don't know how long we're going to be on this earth, Right? We could die next week. We die tomorrow. We could die in 50 years. But all we have is this specific moment. So, friends, if you find yourself wrapped up with these types of thoughts and it is taking away from the joy that you're experiencing in this moment, please stop, because there's nothing you can do about it in this moment. And so.
Joel Comm: We moved to Puerto Rico, Miguel.
Teeka Tiwari: You know, hug a loved one, do something nice for a friend. Go out for a walk and enjoy the the reality that you're living in right now. Because, yes, maybe you're right. Maybe the reality we're moving into is horrible. But why put yourself in a situation where you are living that reality now and living it in the future?
Travis Wright: Well, I'm saying this is because I'd like to find a solution so that doesn't happen. I don't want a lot of I don't want some of this dystopian technocracy to happen. This technocracy, you know, whatever. Technocracy.
Joel Comm: I like tech or not.
Travis Wright: Graffiti is a fun technology. No, it's if you piece it all together, I mean, and I think that that's part of that has has hurt me with wealth creation even in the past. Because once I realized about the Federal Reserve Bank, how it's not backed by anything and how they print money out of thin air, and it's like, well, the military says so and so, the government says, oh, it's the world reserve currency, so it's money. When I realized that it wasn't money back in 2000, I was like, Oh my God, this is not even money. It's like, So I missed out on some of those tech booms. I knew Amazon was going to be great, but I was like, When's this going to. What's going on? So I know that some of that has impacted me. I looked at Apple, I bought some Apple stock, but then I'm looking at it going, Man, Yeah. So when Bitcoin came around, that's when I was like, Oh, look at this. It's outside of government creation potentially. Maybe the NSA did it. I don't know. Nobody really knows who Satoshi is, but it was that mechanism that's deflationary in nature. That's why I like cryptocurrency. That's why I like Bitcoin, because it takes the state element of control out of it in theory, which makes everything a little better. And so, you know, here we are, as you mentioned, we are in Puerto Rico. It's it's the world is not doesn't look like the sky is falling when you go outside. But I do know that I've seen a lot of friends that have passed away from medical coincidences right now, even though I said, hey, you might not I don't take be one of any technology, Right. I'm not going to go out and get V one of neuro link and connect my brain.
Joel Comm: I did buy the first iPhone, to be fair. Yeah, I did. But that's I'm a I'm a pioneer. You know, you mentioned bitcoin. Let's let's wrap with Bitcoin, okay? Because you guys are doing your analysis and you're looking at what's happening now, but you're also looking towards the future. A bull run is going to happen. Probably not this year. Maybe next year we start to see the beginning of it into the having into 2020 for two questions. One, do you think the governments of the world can, if they decide to stop Bitcoin? I have my own thoughts in that, but I want to know what you think and to where do you think we'll see a high on this next bull run?
Teeka Tiwari: Okay, Governments can slow down Bitcoin adoption and they're already doing that and have done that. They cannot stop bitcoin. So that's the answer to that question. Unstoppable in terms of where Bitcoin will go on the next run. I, I struggle with that because I was one of those people that thought that we crack one case on Bitcoin and was shocked, really, really shocked that we didn't commit.
Joel Comm: To it didn't match the previous cycles.
Teeka Tiwari: No, not at all. Not at all. And and the only thing I can think that was different was you had interest rates rising. So I.
Travis Wright: Agree. CME In the futures, does that impact?
Teeka Tiwari: I don't think so, because the spot market is so much bigger than than the futures market trading in the future. You know several years in the future, CME trading will probably be much bigger than spot trading. But that's that's quite a ways out, quite a ways away.
Travis Wright: It was perplexing because it did the 63 or 64 and then it went down and then oh, then it was going back. I was like, whoa, it passed 60. Oh, man, we are. But I kind of thought that was the tip when it was the 63, 64. And then we saw it go above that and I was like, Oh, but I'm not financial advice. But it's like, I saw that. I was like.
Joel Comm: All right, so let's what's the prediction?
Teeka Tiwari: Yeah, I think we break six figures. I, I, I'm at this point I'm not comfortable giving a target for the next cycle. But yes, I believe. We will break the old high and break above that six figure mark.
Joel Comm: So 100,000 minimum. What you're looking at from here, that's like what, a6x? Yeah. From where we are right now. So if you are indeed dollar cost averaging on bitcoin right now, two years is what we'd be looking at. Yes. I mean, if anybody could tell you in two years you're going to six extra money, It's ridiculous. Nobody would have believed that before except some far fetched scheme. Yeah.
Travis Wright: So what do you think about this time? Because, you know, every time that it halves, there's less Bitcoin that's being created right now. We're going to see it's going to start getting to the point, it seems to me like, oh, now we're going from this amount to this amount. There's only only a few bitcoins created every 10 minutes. Oh, no, half of that. So, you know, 19 point how many like 19.5 or so? There's only a million and a half bitcoin left to be mined. Does that impact the future ongoing price of Bitcoin in the future? Because there's not as many new ones being created.
Teeka Tiwari: Yeah, it does, because the demand picture for bitcoin increases over time. If you look at the amount of external demand for bitcoin from ten years ago, which was nothing to then two years beyond that, and then two years and two years and two years, it rises exponentially. And if you look at excuse me, if you look at what the source of new Bitcoin demand is going to come from, a lot of it is going to be driven from Wall Street. If you look at Fidelity adding crypto to 40 million of their retirement accounts. Bitcoin is going to become a core holding in the IRA slash retirement space. That is going to be a massive sink for Bitcoin demand. And then you're going to also have products that will offer Bitcoin as part of a an inducement to actually use the product, whether it's credit cards or other types of products that that, you know, haven't even been invented yet. So so the use case for Bitcoin will increase at a rate that we haven't seen before and it will increase around use cases that we haven't seen before that are very, very difficult to proper size. So if you think about bandwidth for the Internet, when when bandwidth was being built out in 1999 and 2000, a lot of these companies that were creating that bandwidth were going out of business because institutions were saying, who is ever going to need high speed Internet? That's ridiculous. We got 50 4k Internet. That's fine. What do we do? Why do we need 100 megs? And of course, you know, you can't think and you can't see the future. I can only see the future so far. And the future moves exponentially, especially when it comes to tech. And so the same, I believe, is true for the adoption of Bitcoin and the different use cases for Bitcoin.
Travis Wright: What what about this? Because this is one thing that's always been interesting to me is that, you know, with gold and silver you can have paper, gold and silver and it looks like 500 times more gold than there is actual gold or 250 times more silver. Whatever the numbers, they might be flipped. I don't remember which ones, which what. And then we heard FCX was basically selling people Bitcoin and they weren't actually selling them Bitcoin. That's like what's going to stop. I know fidelity and they're all sort of they're all insured and whatever. But what's going to stop paper Bitcoin from being sold to some of these people and they're not and they're keeping them on the, the institutional exchanges and they're not managing their own coins and they have. Is that something that that we should think about?
Teeka Tiwari: You should, but you don't need to think about it right now. That's a problem for seven years from now. Okay. But not now.
Joel Comm: Okay. I'm not going to worry about it today. I'm going to put it put a, you know, reminder on there. Seven years to set your alarm.
Travis Wright: Remind me to worry about the.
Joel Comm: Bitcoin you just set off. Everybody's. Oh, that's right. Now I take it to worry Palm Beach letter. What's the website for people do.
Teeka Tiwari: It's a Palm Beach group dot com that has all the info on our firm and we have a free newsletter and you can find out more about us at Palm Beach group dot com.
Joel Comm: Awesome dude thanks for coming and hanging out with us today. Thanks for shared.
Teeka Tiwari: It. Thanks for having me.
Joel Comm: Yeah right. And you're going to I can we talk real briefly about your plan, your personal plans for the future? Do you want to share at all what you're doing?
Teeka Tiwari: Sure. Yeah. I'm actually going to be crossing the Atlantic soon. In my own boat? Yeah. A 50 foot catamaran built. I'm just a couple of weeks and will be flying out to the Canary Islands, and we're taking the boat across the Atlantic, and we're sailing right into the Caribbean.
Joel Comm: Your captain to worry me.
Travis Wright: Ahoy! I mean, how would you be finding gold? Well, maybe not. You know.
Teeka Tiwari: I can go, right?
Travis Wright: He'd be fine in Bitcoin.
Teeka Tiwari: Yeah. So definitely once in a lifetime deal and really looking forward to it.
Travis Wright: You better get yourself a good captain, matey.
Teeka Tiwari: I have a wonderful captain.
Travis Wright: That's good.
Joel Comm: Well, there you go. Ticker.
Travis Wright: Rodney. I say Tiki because his last name ends in an eye. And so in my head, just shortening it.
Joel Comm: So here's what you don't know. He his parents are from South America, from Guyana, and that was a British colony, and they moved to England. So he was born and raised in England and didn't leave until he was 16 years old. So he had a British accent. And I said, What? What happened to your British accent? He said, Wall Street knocked it out of me, like working on Wall Street. Usually, you know, people keep their accent. And if you listen closely, knowing that, you can go, okay, I hear little shades.
Travis Wright: You know, of that. I did notice it seemed a little like it felt South African.
Joel Comm: Yeah, but it knocked it out of them. Like Wall Street is like in New York, just completely.
Travis Wright: When everybody's walking around talking like this. Yeah, it's like. So go to work. You get no tea, you get no credit.
Joel Comm: Let us know what you guys would like to. You know, here on bad crypto this year, we're we're open to interviewing a lot of leaders in the space. I will say that our inbox is full of people that want to be on the show, but we're being way more selective in terms of who comes on the show because we have to be interested in the content in order for it to be interesting to you, for us to help make it interesting. And we don't want to pump content out just to put audio in your ears. We want it to be quality.
Travis Wright: We want a week, maybe two a week.
Joel Comm: Maybe ten a.
Travis Wright: Week, maybe zero a week. Yeah. The word you got for the last.
Joel Comm: You know what? Hit the subscribe button. And when there's a new episode, it's going to end up on your device. And then you'll be like, Oh, I know this is quality because it's here in my my ears.
Travis Wright: We made you some content. You they made you your favorite. Open up. Why? Here comes the content.
Joel Comm: Are you just making this up or is this.
Travis Wright: Part of That's Bo Burnham? Oh, right, right, right.
Joel Comm: I saw you.
Travis Wright: You watch it. Watch. It's like, okay, but then like you listed on Spotify haha, you watch it again. You're like, Oh my God, it's is so brilliant. It's so I love that guy.
Joel Comm: It it was really well done for those. You don't know what he's talking about. He did a Netflix special, Bo Burnham called Inside that he filmed in.
Travis Wright: One room.
Joel Comm: During COVID and it is very creative and it will make you feel a little bit claustrophobic. Like I'm walking out now. Let me out.
Travis Wright: What was so good for me is that, you know, when you look at it and it's so creative, he made all the songs, produced all the songs, wrote all the lyrics, made all the made all the music, did all the recording, did all the lighting, all of it, all the editing, the produced like it did to me. It's just that's why it got nominated for six Emmys and won three because it's just who does that like That was so good. And then Netflix goes, Wow, that was so good. Do you have any B-roll? So we actually they released another one thing called Outtakes from Inside. Yeah. It's so good.
Joel Comm: Good stuff. Yeah. Well, thanks for listening, everybody. We appreciate you as always. You can write us at Bad Crypto podcast at gmail.com or give us a call on the bad crypto hotline at 788859030 and we're going to have a new NFT is coming your way as well. So if you're not in the bad crypto nifty club, go to bad crypto dot uncut dot FM and get these spinny red and for more airdrops coming your way. And that's all I got. Lord Travis Scott formerly sir.
Travis Wright: That's all you get. You got an hour today. You got an hour plus.
Joel Comm: Boom.
Travis Wright: Boom badness.
Joel Comm: So stay bad. Oh.
S4: A group Whose band?
Joel Comm: The Bad Crypto podcast is a production of Bad Crypto LLC. The content of the show, the videos and the website is provided for educational, informational and entertainment purposes only. It's not intended to be and does not constitute financial investment or trading advice of any kind. You shouldn't make any decisions as to finances, investing, trading or anything else based on this information without undertaking independent due diligence in consultation with a professional financial advisor. Please understand that the trading of Bitcoins and alternative cryptocurrencies have potential risks involved. Anyone wishing to invest in any of the currencies or tokens mentioned on this podcast should first seek their own independent professional financial advisor.
Travis Wright: Badness. Stay bat all.
Joel Comm: Up in your business with the badness.
Travis Wright: Whilst deep.