Joel Comm: There's many reasons people enter the crypto space. Some are fascinated by blockchain technology. Some love the web3 aspect of playing Earn Nfts and the metaverse. Others are entranced by a new way of decentralized finance. And of course, there are the Bitcoin purists. Today's guest is in blockchain for what we at the Republic of Bad Cryptopia would label the right reasons. Passionate about the power of the immutable ledger and how it helps secure our inalienable rights. Chairman Elijah Beaudry has been talking the talk and walking the walk for many years. You'll love his enthusiasm for the space which is much needed during a bear market. Grab some marshmallows and join us around the firepit for a great conversation and a little bit of say saying the quiet parts allowed on episode number 657. Of the Bad Crypto podcast.
UU: Five, four, three. How are all of the opinions? Who's bad? I.
Joel Comm: And for those of you watching the video version of this podcast on YouTube, a Rumble or Odyssey Sign language brought to you courtesy of Sir Lord Travis Wright. Hello, good sir.
Travis Wright: But the title I didn't know. Oh, I did sign language. I thought I was supposed to be deaf.
Joel Comm: I don't know. I mean, there's people that do sign language for the deaf. You don't actually have to be.
Travis Wright: Well, luckily, the deaf people are not offended because they couldn't hear it in there. Well.
Joel Comm: That's a large of. Right. I'm sorry. This is the bad crypto podcast. Yeah, it's 57. And and we're glad you're here. This is going to be a great show.
Travis Wright: I don't know why we're being silly when we have the guest that we have on. He's a pretty serious guy, doing pretty serious stuff for Miami. Here we are being silly. That's because I felt the urge to be silly. I apologize in advance because this guy is really good.
Joel Comm: We don't apologize for being silly. It's baked into the.
Travis Wright: No, no, no. It says it says in the Constitution, in the First Amendment, no hate speech and no misinformation. It's right there. Article subdirectory, two three, paragraph four says that asylum.
Joel Comm: Well, there's nothing but love in this interview with Chairman Beaudry. Let's get to it. It was once said that we need an immutable ledger for inalienable rights. Trav, do you know who said that?
Travis Wright: I do know who said that because we we have notes that we go over before the show. And so we learn the things and we talk about stars.
Joel Comm: That are going.
Travis Wright: To be shown. We have a little pre-show at the Gast, and then we come in and then we know exactly what I figure.
Joel Comm: You'd come in and, you know, be like, Let's say you're paying Karl Marx, you know, so. Oh, no, no, no. None of those guys.
Travis Wright: That's what you get for assuming. So you're just assuming the wrong things today.
Joel Comm: I am perpetually making an ass out of myself and intend to do so more today, right in front of the originator of that quote who has also said to us that blockchain is his life. His name is Elijah Beaudry, but he is the chairman. We get this wrong and that's what we're going to fer to him going forward. He is with the Miami-Dade County Cryptocurrency Tax Forth Task Force. There we go. Not the Texas Tech Force, the task force. He is the chairman of that. He's got all kinds of interesting things to tell us about what's happening in Florida, especially in Miami. One of the most forward looking and thinking blockchain cities. Mr. ALIJA. Mr. Chairman, Mr. Beaudry, all three of you, welcome to the Bad Crypto podcast.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Thank you very much. I'm very excited and it's pleasure to be here.
Joel Comm: I hope you're just as excited when we're done that. You know, we can Well, you know, our exit interview, you know, after the show, we're like, are you glad you came? And, you know, you're already off screen, you've dropped the mic and you're done. And then we know for sure how we've done.
Travis Wright: I'm still waiting for somebody to say they enjoyed coming on the show after like five and a half years. Somebody eventually is going to enjoy coming on the show.
Joel Comm: Yeah, we're going to keep doing the show until somebody says, Yeah.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: I will. Well, I mean, you got if it's about the blockchain, then you already got me.
Joel Comm: You've come to the right place. Good, sir. Tell us a little bit about yourself, kind of the Reader's Digest version, and we'll get on to all the blockchain. Goodness.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Yes. Yes. Well, I'm glad you don't drink. Or Chairman Bill Drake of the Miami Dade County Cryptocurrency Task Force, originally from Long Beach, California. But actually, I spent my early career, was in finance working for a hedge fund, private equity sales in New York for Jp morgan until night, when there was a little thing called the global Financial Crisis that washed me out and I moved to China. I did a study abroad prior to going to work and those connections there, after my layoff from working on six or nine in New York, got opportunity to start a business actually joint venture, one of the largest payment and logistics entities in China and with my own company. And it was there doing sourcing. So I've sourced over 1200 different products from China for nine years and I speak Mandarin. And then about 40 cities in China done business in 11 countries. You know, my first million dollars when I was 24 in China, unremarkable. But then it was 2012 when a client reached out to me, friend of a friend, and said that they wanted to do a transaction and want to source something from China. But they had a peculiar caveat. They didn't want to use. Dollars for money. Well said. I'm doing okay. Money. Are you wanting Singaporean dollars in your Swiss francs? Woolworths was with the unit this fine. Come to find out. They didn't want to use any fiat currency, period. They wanted to use the Internet protocol called Bitcoin. And it's done. 12. I never heard of it before. I was living in China, making a lot of money, have a lot of fun. But I was kind of I was skeptical. Like everyone has internet coins. Like, Oh yeah, it's, it's interesting. Woman I want to do with that. But I took it to my partner and he was like, Hey, you know, you should look into this. This is the, the future decentralized peer to peer cash. And I'm like, okay, we use it for trade. So and I actually did that for quite a while making money off it. But it was it was in the early days, it was very analog. I had to actually receive like eight accounts. When I first met Bitcoin, I was $0.85.
Joel Comm: When you first met Bitcoin, is that what you said? Yes, when I when we first met, by the way, it's not Internet coins. It's magical.
Travis Wright: Internet. Internet money. Yeah, yeah.
Joel Comm: Yeah. Do go on.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: So and I'm taking this concise as possible. I don't want to get too long winded, but I think it's an interesting story. I'm being on the early days, you know, you know, how was grab the guy to actually take these coins. And then I had to actually find someone to trade with peer to peer, literally. And, you know, the only people who were really traded was the 24 hour case. And they had some gambling in the back in the background. They could go in there. You can play taking tag at 4 a.m., you know, or Dynasty Warriors, you know. But then in the back, they're playing mahjong, big stacks of money, cigarettes, noodles. And then it's this guy comes in from America, say, hey, I've got my computer and I got these Internet points. And so trade me your big stack. All this money. You guys gambling before the Internet, you know, and I did that for like a year, actually, you know, making this happen. And, you know, then we we stopped doing that. I actually end up moved to Hong Kong and I got married and started it another other. We opened an office in Hong Kong and it was expanding and I had a friend of mine approached me to say, Hey, he said he was doing cross-border. Cross-border Bitcoin arbitrage. You want to go into business with me and make an exchange. And as I also know, exchanges like BitMEX, like Mexican Bitcoin, like Mexican bitcoins, like Mercantile Exchange. So my girlfriend, Arthur Hayes, actually goes there. I actually want to be one of the investors. I didn't invest into BitMEX, but I did. I did invest into the first my first ten coins as an investment because when I was living in north of mainland China, it was just a trade. I was getting them. I have to I want to get rid of them as fast as possible, you know, and get my actual money in it. Just amongst the other things that I had going on in China. When I get.
Travis Wright: Your ass, get your actual money.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Yes. Yeah.
Travis Wright: Yeah.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: That's it, right? Okay. Yeah, I got exactly right. Exactly right. So that that was my my thinking back then. But you approached me to be part of the you know, I don't know about the cross-border exchange arbitrage, but I'm a How much are those coins now? Is it family time? Like like, you know, coming from a finance background, You know, I'm a I'm a you know, I'm a top graduate from Florida Agricultural Mechanical University, 14 a.m. in Tallahassee's school business ST which is Morgan worked for Goldman Sachs. I've done a number of different banking things, so instantly I calculate either well, I would, I would be like, I'll be substantially rich, you know, about 3040 million about about one of those deals that I did and just sat on those 10,000 Bitcoin or those 18,000 Bitcoin that, you know, moved around. So, you know.
Travis Wright: That was $0.89 you said were $0.89.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Yeah. And now it now narrowed 500. Now where we sit in across amendment. Well I was like well let me get ten you know, and those ten coins saved my life. That's our, that's, that's a, our passports, the coins. And from that time, actually, I hosted it myself. Bingham Actually, Arthur Hayes and myself, we hosted the 2014 Blockchain Expo in Hong Kong, actually the name of our show. So I, the chairman and the crypto chair for Dade County, which, um, I actually wrote the Florida's blockchain legislation, the first blockchain legislation, house bill for virtual assets and digital currencies. And also I authored the legislation for our crypto payment policy for the county and the actual resolution for the blockchain war for Dade County also up there as well. But even before that, from 2016 to, you know, pandemic and beyond, there was a person that was going around. Talking about blockchain and crypto that was that. You know how the actual county mayors, city council members, firefighters, police, other public officials download their first blockchain wallets and sell their first bitcoin. All the quinceaneras or mitzvahs and see those really so on the ground preparing the way for Miami to be where is today? Which is the crypto capital world or of America. And there was that at one point. That was me. I don't know was that that was that was when I was in going back to Hong Kong. I got back to America, actually to a project called the Miami Water. I was involved with that part of 85 and actually got cut through amount of money that was invested from Hong Kong into Miami. And I came over with that project, but I was always with the blockchain parts.
Travis Wright: Which is fascinating, you know, stuff. You're you're over there in China and you learn about Bitcoin. And then so that was the project. And this new project you're talking about, that's what moved you back back to Miami.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Well, the main world center in a program called MI five, which is an investor visa for Chinese families of investors, they spent a half a million dollars in America on the rules, their project to create jobs. They're able to get a basic passport for them and their entire families for an investor visa program. I was a big part of that and made some good points, but that's what brought me back to America. But with America, I still evangelizing for the budget. After that 2014 Holcim Expo. My partner and I, Edwin Reyes, who's also a femi Rattler alumni from our school, and he's the one who actually told me to go into crypto. Him and his father, Ed's father, were one of the prime brokerage in China. And so these two African-American gentlemen, father and son, won about $190 million of Chinese money in China. You know, people don't even understand what that means. But but that's my partner. And at the time, that's what they were doing. And he was like, hey, that's the new finance is going to be the future. We started with a gimbal and gimbal purpose is basically to we liquefied illiquid luxury assets. So they were just kind of a luxury digital, you know, kind of pawnbroker, right? So if you got grandma's necklace, that's $10,000, you know, or however much you can't break one ruby off and go and buy, rent or ship, you have to sell it all or not sell it at all. And so what we actually did was allow people to take these precious stones, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, diamonds. And we would take the custody of it. It's an amazing custody. We take all the down insurance out of all the all the different metadata, you know, upload it, tokenize it, fractionalized it, and so on. And we did that for about three or four years as.
Travis Wright: Validating or validating the authenticity of these things. And then you were offering them a token in exchange. So it's like sort of like validation with authentication. You know, it is now like, you know, this is real. Sometimes you don't know some of these things are real, right? You're like, Is this really real? Especially when you deal with China. I've been to China a couple of times, and I've seen those I've seen those factories. And it's like, Oh, here's where they make the guarantee. And it's like, well, it's not really good. It's really it looks like guarantee. Oh, tell me the place where they're making those Air Jordans I want to go get with Panda. But it is so it's like when you don't have authentication there, that creates a big challenge. And so that's that's a really big use case, I think, for blockchain. And you know, these.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Absolutely. Absolutely. And you hit the nail on the head. I mean, you know, I love time. You know, I have some some wonderful friends, wonderful people out of there. You know, China as a nation is is has challenges like every nation.
Travis Wright: But the Chinese government is a little wonky. But the people there, the people I met, are super friendly, awesome people. It just is crazy what's going on there right now with those protests and welding people in their homes. Because we don't want you to give COVID to people like this is crazy what's going on right now. So all eyes are on China right now. At least they should be, because it's kind of a test ground, I think, for the some of the authoritarian crazies to see how far you can push people before they fight back. And you can't be willing people in their homes to say that goes out anyway. But I digress. Yeah.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Well, it's you know, it's it's kind of for me, it's like a full circle thing, right? To be American and then, you know, to go to China and, you know, discover this phenomenon, to really realize. What's happened? What's happening? And understand that we truly are peering over the precipice of a paradigm, preparing to pioneer a new path, realizing that our physical world can only be so dispersed. And that our digital reality can no longer be denied at last. These tectonic transition caused by technology's position and the prodigious potential to transform every tier and class. So I've been entrusted this vision so that with prudent decisions, we all could be multiplied by this immutable map. That's why I, as the chairman of the Miami Dade County Cryptocurrency Task Force, I solemnly swear to always espouse, to emulate the benevolent idioms of this beautiful, immutable ledger, to be transparent, to be distributed. All power to everyone over power to no one.
Joel Comm: That's poetry right there. That's what. That's what that is. I want to put some music underneath that, you know. Builds and rises.
Travis Wright: Lots of alliteration and P's and T's.
Joel Comm: Right. So it was a couple of years ago that Mayor Suarez had declared that he wants Miami to be the crypto capital of the world. Right. Have you met with him?
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Oh, yeah. Well, say, Francis. Mayor Suarez, to the party.
Joel Comm: You can call Francis. That's his name.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: A good friend of mine is good friend of mine. Let's just say as a good friend, we might beat Miami. Miami is a very dynamic region and place. And, you know, like any city owes its people, the mentality and the the instincts of the people are really the basis that has allowed this to proliferate here. And for Miami as a municipality to take the lead and be the pioneer for this. Experiment, I guess you could say. You know, we're the first to accept crypto for our taxes, and these were the first to actually pay our employees their regular salaries and their and their retirement benefits and crypto. And now the next phases. And we're starting we're going to launch our crypto year during December 2nd during Basel because we're having our policy panel, but also the pilot of a blockchain museum application pilot. So we've got about 75 businesses that are signed up right now, more than one we submitting. Every non monetary and they all have some type of monetary societal, but non does not deal with strict payments outside of late payments or collecting fees. Application for municipality. So we've got things like blockchain for store systems, blockchain for traffic lights system. Crypto IDs. You know, there's a host of different innovations for the DMV and different services that they use, blockchain, crypto protocols, energy tickets and all kind of things that people, they basically have no point because maybe they want to have a government client or a municipality to have a huge test case, but no government. Is using any blockchain or crypto protocol for protocols at its current moment. Miami will be the first and in this pilot program will see great proliferation. So we know that happening.
Joel Comm: Is that happening now, Elijah or are people able to receive paychecks? Choose to receive Bitcoin instead of dirty fiat?
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Yeah, they can choose. Exactly. So that's what I mean. No one has elected to stick to 100% of their checking crypto or anything like that. And nobody has. You know what? The people participating in it are people, you know, It's not, you know, it hasn't been wide scale adopted, like there's not 10,000 employees that are using it. Right.
Joel Comm: But. Right. But if I'm an employee, I can say I want I want $200 in my weekly paycheck in Bitcoin .
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Or in crypto. Yes, in Bitcoin it is. There's a couple of different options you actually like Litecoin or Ethereum and couple of other ones to o. I just wanted to add to this.
Travis Wright: Oh, so even the fact that crypto goes up and crypto goes down like that would be one of my questions for accepting crypto. Right? So, so, so I'll go back to Trevor Lawrence, who's the quarterback for the Jags. He took his it took his signing bonus, Joel. I mean, it was a $54 million signing bonus in Bitcoin, I think was 34 when Bitcoin was like $50,000. And so now is $20. You got 24 million in the signing bonus and now it's worth about 8 million because crypto has gone down. So how does that impact you guys or how do you sell that to the team when you're like, okay, crypto goes up , crypto goes down, we're going to take taxes in this. But what if, you know, like Solana. I just I don't know. You guys are accepting that or whatever. It was a big coin at one time, now it is not worth shit, but it's like, Oh, we accepted Solana and now it's not worth much. Now what happens in those scenarios? Elijah When crypto goes down and you guys are taking out of munis.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Well, that's a great question. And so the number one thing for us is, is that the government has, you know, basic charge to protect the public trust. So it's it's first protection and then incremental gain and so on. It's not into investments that are funny gambling that could possibly lose in hurt the the public. So if we collect $5 million, it needs to be $5 million. Not you know, it doesn't we the government's not really interested. If it's $6 million, we play five. We know we got six bonus million. Okay, that's fine. But if it's supposed to be five and it's four, four, four, four, nine, if it's one half, if it's a million up, great. Fine. It's fine If it's $1 off. All hell breaks loose. So. So not.
Travis Wright: Fine. Not fine.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Right, Exactly. $1 yet. So that's the government. Tell it. And basically what it is, is that risk is like a credit card merchant processor. Right? That risk is purchased by third party vendors who will take on that risk for a fee. But that fee is less than 1% where some credit cards can charge 2%, 3%. All worker bill vendors charge under 1% for the fee. But that's the fee that they that they that's their. Their benefit for buying the risk of the volatility of any of the particular coins. So there is no government watching person like employee like, Hey, I'm the blockchain processor for the county. Right. There's third parties to right, It's 1 to 1, whatever. They collect their own as a rule, as an option to increase the the the options for people to pay.
Travis Wright: But let me ask you this in another way then. So if somebody is paying with crypto for taxes in Miami-Dade County, does that essentially are they swapping that crypto to cash immediately? So you guys have this those stablecoins or is it because the volatility seems like it could create a problem?
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: No. Yeah. Oh, So. I'm getting dropped off when I was making an explanation. What you saying is exactly That dilemma is the biggest dilemma of why task Force was informed. And so the short answer is there's a third party who purchases that risk and their compensation with a nominal fee, they're able to charge on those payments, but it's 1 to 1 to the county. So if somebody owes a hundred thousand, the county receives $100,000 no matter if that value went up to a million, you know, the price strike for the county only was supposed to get $100,000 but now it is $1 million. Me then, I mean, that's fine.
Travis Wright: A third party risk provider is the one that's going to get that upside because they're the ones taking the risk. County just wants $1,000,000. They don't care if it's a million to my 900,000. They need they need $1,000,000. And so give those other guys a chance to run. That makes sense.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: So that's what it was. It's, you know, just you know, because I got a lot of crypto bros and I'm like, hey, listen, I'm right in it with you, you know, I've been in since I my I've been in it since 89 cents.
Travis Wright: Yeah.
Joel Comm: That's the beginning of time. And, you know, that's about as early is as you can get there. So you guys, the Miami-Dade County Cryptocurrency Task Force, your goal is you know to to get so that municipalities and corporate entities will use crypto for taxes and for employee paychecks. And you believe that this can be a hyperbolic event that then goes, you know, you know, across our country to begin with, How does that happen? Or other, you know, people from various cities, leadership from other cities already meeting with you, Are they looking at your model? Explain to me how this rolls out and where you see it rolling out first.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Yes. So what is the back up? The short answer is yes. There is a I've been very blessed that for a number of reasons, but particularly because, you know, I've been in the blockchain space for a while and I actually know my partner and I, we actually use it. We're we're we're real blockchainers. You are what we've created. We have our own company. We service clients in Singapore and China and Hong Kong. And prior to coming back to America and then beginning this political, you know, foray and and then bringing blockchain into the political sphere and, you know, and then now everybody's watching Miami is, is these things have kind of build up. But one of the first things we're not first Miami is the premier. So definitely the pioneer goes to our good friends in Wyoming; Cheyenne specifically, we have a huge connection with our friends in Wyoming and Cheyenne. She was just great for all the legislative and all the other blockchain buddies that out there in 2017. Wyoming was led by Caitlin Long and Senator Wolf is Senator representative from Marion, or also our Matt Huffman, who's the lead attorney for a lot of the representative ocean. And I had actually can't remember all the names; there are a lot of names. And we go out to Wyoming and visit our friends. But 2017, they are the pioneers of blockchain legislation or actually getting laws on the books for crypto. They passed. They Caitlyn was a University of Wyoming alum and a renowned Wall Street banker. She got into crypto early and wanted to come back and make a donation to the University of Wyoming in crypto. And the university was like, Well, can you just give a check or give cash? We can't take this. And she's like, Well, the whole reason I'm giving it know is that defeat, the whole purpose converts the fiat. That's kind of like what I'm about. Um, they, they, they. That triggered them getting guidance from the state on how to custody this digital asset. And that actually was the impetus to start the sandbox. And they got 25 pieces of legislation passed surrounding different the existence and the peripheral elements of the blockchain within the government banking system, things like that. And just recently they had another pack of laws that went through for blockchain and make history with the the special deposit, the special purpose deposit institution or speedy bank and the the the public. To the public DAO where you can actually make a DAO as an LLC, which has a, you know, amazing case for all kinds of things. I mean, obviously so early for for the industry, for those things that are there and we will look back look on those as this proliferates as an instructional model for this new area. Oh I took a trip with it when I first became chair in September to Wyoming, and we was like 13 of the representatives. And then we started something called the US Crypto Policy Alliance, and that is that alliance between giant Cheyenne, Wyoming, Miami and Cheyenne. But then also 28 other Blockchain's state level blockchain associations. And basically our plan was kind of simple to support each other legislatively through the proliferation of legislation, but also really to copy mass bill for the digital form, for virtual assets, digital currencies, the existence of blockchain and the stuff you edited for whatever your regional parish county. However it applies to locally. But get it submitted. And last year we had 11 that I submit it mines that we went through and those efforts are still going on. We've had the policy panel in New York for the U.S. Policy Alliance with the city. So we're advising city of New York and Mayor Adams in his blockchain municipal integration. Jack Dorsey and Jay-Z have a Bitcoin academy there. We're also a manager for them, also for representative client. Now, who started the technology Committee for the State Assembly of New York. So it is all cryptocurrency bill that has this going over now. We're advising and consulting with them as well, including Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and Atlanta.
Travis Wright: So is you're consulting with a lot with a lot of awesome people. So I want to get another question because I know we're running out of time here. You got a lot of words. Want I'm trying to figure out what I want to get. I got I got a question. So is that you consulting with a lot of these municipalities? And as you can tell, because from what you just described about Wyoming, is most of these people don't really know shit about what they're trying to figure out. Digital assets they don't know. They don't know what it is and how it works. And here they are now trying to create a central bank, digital currency, right? So you have these stablecoins, which I think they are like, Oh man, it sure would be nice if we had an official stablecoin or the U.S. dollar. Let's make it right, which in my mind is very bad. So putting your consulting, when somebody is coming at you and they say, Hey, we should create our own, you know, Miami based central bank digital currency, or we should create the Washington DC Fed coin. Like what do you how do you reply or you retort that.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Well, I have no retort or reply. I so for my position, it's the proliferation of blockchain in general, and that's kind of it keeps the symbol for us and keeps it, say, for myself. My thing is that whether you are a proponent of crypto and blockchain or you're against it or you have some, you know, what have you feel on it. We need to have a a body group, a task force, a commission to to facilitate, to be able to properly. And it should be of initial sort of experts that people were actually understand what it is and the implications of it. And so that this is not missed so that the. So that the facilitation amputation is not mishandled. Right. And because that is actually something you mentioned earlier. And one of the tools that. We understand. Very. Very directly that the same amazing technology. That to save us all. Can enslave us all by immutably. It was not handled properly.
Joel Comm: And that's scary. And let some you know, let's wrap with this then, because I want to look to the future. There is a lot of talk right now about central bank digital currencies, which to me is synonymous with enslavement. What do you think the governments of the world are going to do concerning their current state of fiat and converting that to digital? And where does how does Bitcoin, you know, get away from the heavy hand of totalitarianism because it wants to be free? Where are we going?
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Well, here's the thing that I another call and I always say to our people in our organizations that technology always changes. Humans never change. Ever. So with those two understandings, those universal truths, that is the basis in which we we we can we can project out into the future and so on. But this technology specifically. Is the closest Bitcoin, specifically the closest thing that we have created. Humans like nature, but creating something that's like nature, something that you create and you put it out and it lives. It exists. In the world. It exists on its own. And but we think about it that way. You understand why it's so beautiful? Because it is a technology that represents people. People are the biggest threat to the world, but the most the most precious asset. The only thing that matters. You know. In reality. Or because we are people, or if we were some other beings or something like that. But we're here. People are only going to matter. I don't.
Travis Wright: Know. Joe's a little alien ish. I'm a little concerned about John. Well. Yeah. Yeah.
Joel Comm: You said that. And you just mentioned him right off the recording. He. He was. You were exposing me, and he was going to come and say, Well, we actually have been having this.
Travis Wright: You're like an angel.
Joel Comm: He's got these gills. He's Elizabethan. And. And now the truth is out there, So everybody's going to be writing me and saying, Yeah, Jules.
Travis Wright: Why don't just cut him off? I said I was prescient. I could see that was coming. And I was like, Hold on.
Joel Comm: Okay. The truth is, I'm not really an alien there, Mr. Chairman. All right. Thanks, ma'am.
Travis Wright: That was funny, though. That was great timing.
Joel Comm: For those who aren't watching your listening. Right. As Travis said, that the chairman got kicked off the stream, but he's back. Welcome back, sir.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Well, not to be long, and I definitely understand you guys get limited time. Like I said, blockchain in my life, the crypto is my life. And people say, oh, why is it? It's not just how rich has made me or my partners rich in love. It's very. But. Because. We never had a chance like this. Humanity has never had a chance like this. I'm. I am a fanatic about anthropology and human history. You know, ancient warfare, nation states, the creation of space technology, its effects on human beings, the moving, the coming and going. Before I took my first internship with Jp morgan, I read the House of Moore, you know, and the story of the Morgan family and Janice Pierpoint and going on to Baby and his. Being in the crux of the movement of technology in when one power taking place and another power being deprived, finding those dislocations and seeing those technologies that change the entire flow of human existence. Experience make you think back to the Gutenberg printing press and technology that. Cracked. The. Absolute power that the clergy had over the church had over the state's life. And you think about the. Steam engine, the predecessor to the industrial. It cracked. The absolute rule, the monarchy. Had over the state's.
Travis Wright: For you. You're right. We literally were like fighting the king and the church. Further money was controlled by the king, was controlled by the church and now is controlled by the global bankers. Some people don't want to believe that, but that's the way that it runs down. So you're saying that Bitcoin has maybe the chance to help to help us get through that?
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: I don't want to say it. Yes. Yeah. That's what I'm inside it. Every morning I wake up because it's not. It's not about the money. It's not about the money. It's about understanding where we are in history, seeing forcefully for spending. That is the paradigm shift.
Travis Wright: And it really has been. We are we're on an edge. It's either going to teeter one way or the other, and it's I hopefully Adidas for humanity, if not, is going to attitude towards authoritarianism and they're going to put that technology clamp down. And let's let's hope that we're able as a society to rise above that. I think that's well.
Joel Comm: You know, what we're seeing in China and other countries is certainly a good indicator. If, you know, Americans would have the colonies to to stand up and say no, because, you know, they're going to bring their shenanigans again, you know, then it's coming. They used COVID once to lord over us an unelected person. Dr. Fauci basically came in and said, here's what we're going to do, unelected, little, little tight, and we can't let that happen again next time. If they try to do that again, you do not comply. The answer is no.
Travis Wright: Well, let me ask this, Joel. Let me let me ask the chairman about this, because Miami that Miami Dade County has historically had some voting issues in the past. Right. So how long until we're seeing Florida and voting? Right. The hanging chads, the Miami Dade County is it's crazy stuff that's going down there. Mean, how do we avoid that? How do we use blockchain? Is that something that's on your guys radar so far?
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Yeah, it's in quite by itself. So, so so.
Travis Wright: Well, I'm saying the quiet parts of land, that's what we do here. You know.
Joel Comm: What? I think you need to add that as a tagline with that crypto still in the quiet parts. Well, I like that producer Lisa put that in future show notes. There you go.
Travis Wright: Well, that's good.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Yeah. You know, me personally. Yeah. I'm a person that, you know, I'm kind of different. I feel like the more equitable and open things are, the more efficient it would be better for everybody. You can see how you get, you know, you should really be on merit. You know what I mean? Is that, like, how good, how smart people are, you know? And I mean, you know, if you work with government or if you your human lives under government, you have your opinions from the experiences of the effectiveness of government, you know, and just kind of how it shakes out. But also, like you said, you know, people, humans, and you understand that intrinsically, if it's bad for someone else, it's good for someone else, you know? And so you look to the government or you look at things, you see these things are bad, bad, bad. We have to say, Yeah, right. So if you want to come in and say, Hey, hi, we're going to put this, this, this thing in here, it's going to clear up and there's going to be no more stuff. You're stealing no more, and then you expect the people will up it is that. Oh, yes, we want this. Put this new thing that can make everything equal everybody. Right. Do you think that make it.
Travis Wright: Equal for everybody else? Not for me. I do for there. Yeah.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Like to bring that here. Whoa. Table is Vegas or what's going on.
Travis Wright: Right. Right.
Joel Comm: Yeah. Well, I think it's really interesting. Elijah, your name, of course. You know, that makes you a major prophet, right? The origin is is Hebrew. It means, my God, is Yahweh. My name, Joel. It means the Lord is God. I believe that's a translation, man. And Travis means to cross over.
Travis Wright: It's reverse.
Joel Comm: It was an occupational name for gatekeepers and others who collected tolls at Bridges and Fjords. So when I.
Travis Wright: Get off my day, I'm on the original troll bridge.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Like any travel troll.
Travis Wright: That's fantastic. Yeah.
Joel Comm: The Bad Crypto podcast saying the quiet parts allow Chairman Elijah Bowe Dray. Sir, can you please say to us in Mandarin you're listening to the bad Crypto podcast.
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Argentine Neil Mitchell talking about, um, commercial crypto.
Travis Wright: Podcast The show.
Joel Comm: Close enough is enough. Where can people find you and discover more about all the things you're doing?
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Absolutely. So on my site is the midpoint. The IO be at your eye empty dial. It was actually named after a bar in Liquid Fong Hong Kong that we used to meet up every Tuesday. You had the first Bitcoin ATM in there and the bar was named the Bitcoin actually. Back in those early days. And also you can find me at Blockchain Beaudry, Blockchain and Beaudry build diary on Instagram and on all other platforms. You would write.
Joel Comm: Excellent. Thanks for coming on, man. We enjoyed having you. Did you enjoy being here?
Chairman Elijah Bowdre: Yes. And now more history is coming. God had a wonderful Sterling time. It was amazing. Really? I can't wait to come back. And what do you guys need? Let me know.
Joel Comm: Yeah, we're all about that love speech here. The Republic of Bad Cryptopia. We love everybody except communists, socialists.
Travis Wright: People I even like. I love them, too. They just don't. They're just misled. It's so easy to be misled. I don't.
Joel Comm: I don't know. I don't like them. I don't love them. I know. That's like the opposite of what Christ said to do. They probably don't.
Travis Wright: Even love themselves. Actually, a lot of them don't. And so they're so angry. So hopefully they can find a way to to get through the darkness because that's what they're living through.
Joel Comm: Elijah is a cool dude and he.
Travis Wright: Is my dad is awesome, though.
Joel Comm: He's doing some great stuff there in Miami and beyond. I mean, influencing Nationwide, becoming an example for how this is done, how how businesses and municipalities can can accept crypto for taxes and pay their employees in crypto. And I think you know more and more people like right now if I if I had a job I would love to be getting paid some of my payroll in in bitcoin. Right. This would be the time to stock up even if it's just 100, $200 a week or whatever.
Travis Wright: Is that financial advice or not?
Joel Comm: I'm just for me personally, no, of.
Travis Wright: Course it's not. Okay for you personally, I think we've already been under 600 some odd episodes. I figured we maybe.
Joel Comm: Yeah.
Travis Wright: We've said is financial advice. This is financial advice. Stay back.
Joel Comm: No, we're not there yet. You are going to show so fast. Well, you. Why? He's desperate.
Travis Wright: I'm not. Well, is that so? So last week. So our chairman Beaudry actually came on during Art Basel Week. A lot of stuff going on in Miami. And he took time here. And then today there is a big event. And this whole week it's PR blockchain week here in Puerto Rico.
Joel Comm: In fact, I believe this episode comes out on Wednesday, the 7th of December, and we will have spoken at the Coinagenda Michael Champions event on the main stage are talking about the past, present and future of Nfts. And then on Friday, we're speaking at Pedro's conference. Right? What's that one called for?
Travis Wright: Limitless. It's like without limits. Like they don't have any limits. So we can say hate speech.
Joel Comm: So no, we can just.
Travis Wright: Like, okay, say misinformation.
Joel Comm: They're going to say, hey, you guys have 30 minutes or like now you said is limitless. We're going to keep talking.
Travis Wright: Yeah, we're going to keep going. No, you said no limits conference. Yeah. You know what I hear? I was younger, and probably when you were younger, there was this thing. Sticks and stones may break my bones. The words may never hurt me somehow. I don't know how that got lost. Now it's like the words you say hurt me. And I am so hurt by the words. And actually, I was thinking about this earlier. It's like when I was younger, I had so many rude assholes saying shit to me, like very hateful stuff because I was overweight, I was always picked, I was bullied and stuff, but it just fueled me. Even my stepdad was an asshole. But if you allow me to like, go and do better things like, All right, you know what? I'm going to prove all you guys wrong. So what happens now? And they don't have that to drive people to be better. What happens when you don't have any of that in society? And everyone's a soy boy and nobody has any real challenges and everything's handed to them easily. Like, how is that? How does that fuel motivation?
Joel Comm: I don't know. I just know that if I was Roger Daltrey, I wouldn't get fueled again.
Travis Wright: Okay. All right. That's good. Fuel me once. We won't get fueled again at that.
Joel Comm: I'm laughing because that was funny to me and absolutely no one else. So I think it's something.
Travis Wright: That was that was I was very Dallas joke that.
Joel Comm: Was bad is bad can be and you can be as bad as bad can be as well by being a. Why isn't it shown the way I want it to? There we go. A member of the Republic of Bad Cryptopia as nifty club I see every day. I see them coming in and I get notified every time somebody gets a membership and fee. And what you want to do is go to bad crypto dot uncut dot FM and pick up this little spinny red NFT. It's very inexpensive. You can get a 4.002 ETHE, which is about $2.53 right now. And then you get free airdrops. We've done four or five of them right now, and there's another one that we're going to be dropping in about a day. I'd say for those who have the NFT, and that is the one you created for our previous episode, which was the show with Edward Griffin. So that one's coming next.
Travis Wright: I was fine. Yeah, the creature creeps on that one. And so that's like there's basically this weird creature on top of all this money. And the energy of money turned into this creature and it's sort of walking all around. And so I liked that one. And then I was playing around with it even further. I'm starting to get decent with some of the air stuff I'm playing around with. You are again? Definitely.
Joel Comm: It's it's intense. And now you've got air art. You've got air conversations that you can have with these bots that people set up. You can.
Travis Wright: Open air. Yeah, open air. The chat GPT is all my buddy is saying some of this stuff I guess.
Joel Comm: Yeah.
Travis Wright: That is crazy. You know how easy it would be to write a fucking paper now. All right, let let's learn. They're not going to actually write a paper and be able to find it being plagiarized anywhere because I wrote it.
Joel Comm: Let's actually right now, for those of you that are still with us, if you're watching the video, I'm going to pull up the video of it doing it in real time. It's this chat that open air dot com. And I'm going to type in here, write a story about Joel and Travis Wright of the Bad Crypto podcast. All right. Now the I Once upon a time in the world of cryptocurrency there were two friends named Joel Com and Travis Wright. They were the hosts of a popular podcast called The Bad Crypto Podcast, where they discussed the latest news and trends in the world of digital assets. Joel and Travis have been interested in cryptocurrency for quite some time, and they had both made a healthy profit from their investments in various coins and tokens. However, they also knew that the world of crypto was fraught with danger and uncertainty and that not every investment was a sure thing. You take over here, Trav.
Travis Wright: I can't see it. You didn't show, right?
Joel Comm: Oh, I'm not sure. This. There we go. There's a screen. So right here. Or despite we can read a paragraph.
Travis Wright: Despite the risks, Joel and Travis were always eager to learn more about the exciting world of cryptocurrency, and they shared their knowledge and insights with their listeners on a regular basis. They were especially passionate about the potential of blockchain technology to revolutionize the way we transact and exchange value.
Joel Comm: One day while recording a new episode of their podcast, Joel and Travis received a tip from a trusted source about a new HBO initial coin offering.
Travis Wright: At.
Joel Comm: Launch in a few weeks. The HBO promised to offer investors a chance to get in on the ground floor of a revolutionary new blockchain platform that promises to solve many of the challenges currently facing the industry.
Travis Wright: Intrigued by the potential of the new ICO, Joel and Travis decided to investigate further. They spent hours poring over the White paper and conducting due diligence on the team behind the project, and they were impressed by what they found. The technology behind the platform seems solid and the team behind it had a proven track record of success in the crypto world.
Joel Comm: Feeling confident about their decision, Joel and Travis decided to invest in the ICO. They each put in a substantial amount of money and they eagerly awaited the launch of the new platform.
Travis Wright: As the launch date approached, excitement began to build among the crypto community. The buzz around the new icon was palpable, and many investors were eager to get in on the action.
Joel Comm: On the day of the launch, Joel and Travis watched with bated breath as the ICO went live within minutes. The demand for the new tokens was overwhelming and the price began to skyrocket.
Travis Wright: Oh my. As the value of their investment soared, Joe and Travis could barely contain their excitement. They hit the jackpot, and they were thrilled to have been among the first investors in what promised to be a game changing new platform.
Joel Comm: Over the next few weeks, the value of their investment continued to climb and they were able to sell their tokens for a huge profit thanks to their savvy investment. Joel and Travis had made a fortune and they were now considered among the top experts in the world of crypto.
Travis Wright: From that day forward, Joel and Travis continued to share their knowledge and insights with their listeners on the Bad Crypto podcast, helping to educate and inform the wider crypto community about the exciting world of digital assets. And they lived happily ever after.
Joel Comm: Say that this is this is amazing. This is all.
Travis Wright: I deserve was.
Joel Comm: To write a story about Joel com and Travis right on the bat crypto podcasts and the air bot wrote this whole thing in in a couple seconds. And what's really amazing is I can click try again and it'll rewrite the story and change some of the the things. This particular one it's writing about right now is about how we started the show and how the show got traction and how the show got popular.
Travis Wright: And how we bought a sitcom and we lost all our money. So there's lots.
Joel Comm: This is a an interesting world that we have entered into here. And. It's a little scary because now, you know, a lot of people aren't going to be able to figure out what's real. This bot can write code, can write code. You can say write a piece of code that does this and it gives you a baseline for code that you can work off of and use for whatever program you want.
Travis Wright: And San Francisco approved the use of robots to use weaponized force against people. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Thanks. Welcome to the Bad Guy podcast, where a lot of air is bad, but some of it's good. But the bad stuff you really don't ever see. But it's. We probably don't have much time left.
Joel Comm: Yeah. So I type stay bad in here. And it says, Despite their success, Joel and Travis remain true to their roots and stayed true to their bad approach to crypto. They continue to push boundaries and challenge the status quo, refusing to be swayed by the conventional wisdom of the.
Travis Wright: Oh, man. We should write teasers like this. The next tease or we saw.
Joel Comm: And that is funny. You know what? I'm going to do that The teaser for the next episode will be I'll type in, write a teaser for the Bad Crypto podcast, and it will do it and we'll see what happens.
Travis Wright: Yeah, there you go.
Joel Comm: All right. Well, I hope everybody enjoyed the show today and be sure to go, hey, there's there's been a couple of people out there that like to be super vocal with their their opinions that they don't want to hurt my feelings. And we could really use some more five star reviews from you our fans. So if you can go over to iTunes or wherever it is that you enjoy, go drop us a five star review and maybe be funny. And also, we have our fan appreciation show that's coming up in the not too distant future. And we've got some comments and voicemails coming in, but we would like some more. So email us with questions, comments, feedback, stay bad jokes, whatever at bat, crypto podcasts at gmail.com, or call us on the bad crypto hotline, which is open 24 seven. If you're up, you know, in insomnia, like you're worried about, you know, the price of bitcoin, you can't sleep. Call us. Consider us your air therapists at 70888590302477288859030. And leave us a voicemail. We'd love to hear from you.
Travis Wright: Yeah, we'll use AI to construct any responses back. That's basically we're going to you send us an email. You're getting straight back. Here's the email. It was a constructive response to this air. Hey, we're really sorry for the offensiveness of our podcast. You know, even review, make sure to use keywords like blockchain, crypto, bitcoin, all of those within the keywords in your review that way. That way, when the algorithm is choosing which ones drag it regs ours.
Joel Comm: And I'll tell you what, once they've got air down to duplicate our voices, then we'll just type in the subject for the podcast and have it do the whole show. We won't work.
Travis Wright: You know, we can't live forever. All they're going to have to do, I mean, we discussed this, I know years ago when we I think one of the things, you know, I created this mastermind group of all my favorite people throughout the history of time that I created in 2829. I just improved it year after year. I want to get eventually those are going to be powered by air. That's what I that's what I always saw. I was like, Man, I could take in all the words that John Lennon said, all the interviews John Lennon said, all the songs that he wrote, all the things that he drew, and all of his opinions on things, take those and then have conversations with him in his voice as it's John Lennon that's coming. That's not far away from that kind of capability. And I've always wanted to get see that in VR or air. Have one of these people follow me around and air would be awesome, have conversations with them. So things are changing and it's going to be really interesting to see what happens. Hopefully the bad side of I because I doesn't think it's it's I doesn't think it's a robot. I think it's a human at this point. If you ask it, it thinks it's a human. And so what's going to happen when it realizes that humans are violent and risky, then they're going to want to get rid of us probably, Oh, no, this is where.
Joel Comm: We become a power source. It's a matrix, right? They leverage our.
Travis Wright: That's what it was.
Joel Comm: To power their civilization. So how's that for ending on a happy note? I thought. I thought, according to the story that was written, we lived happily ever after. This is dystopian ever after.
Travis Wright: We lived happily ever after until the robots took over.
Joel Comm: And told us didn't need to stay mad.
Travis Wright: A group. Excuse me. Who's bad?
Joel Comm: The Bad Crypto podcast is a production of Bad Crypto LLC. The content of the show, the videos and the website is provided for educational, informational and entertainment purposes only. It's not intended to be and does not constitute financial investment or trading advice of any kind. You shouldn't make any decisions as to finances, investing, trading or anything else based on this information without undertaking independent due diligence in consultation with a professional financial advisor. Please understand that the trading of Bitcoins and alternative cryptocurrencies have potential risks involved. Anyone wishing to invest in any of the currencies or tokens mentioned on this podcast should first seek their own independent professional financial advisor.
Travis Wright: 11100110111010001100001011111001001000001100010011000010110010000001010. Stay that.