Joel Comm: Imagine paying only 4% taxes to the government for your business income. And now imagine paying zero capital gains taxes for all of your crypto gains. Well, I don't imagine it. I live it legally. Sir Laura Travis is super busy today. So you've got me and my guest, Devin Michaels, here to discuss how the tax situation that I mentioned is real life and how you can surround yourself with high performers that may help set you up for a very profitable future by joining us on the high seas. Ya sound exciting. Ahoy, matey. Come along with us on this ride for episode number 693. Of the Bad crypto podcast.
UU: Five. Four, three, two, one, zero. Listen, who's bad? I.
Joel Comm: Welcome to the crypto podcast, Sir Joel. I'm here with you. Travis is getting ready to do some globetrotting and he's got a lot of stuff to do. He's very busy right now and so I'm rolling solo today, but not truly because I've got a guest with me. He's an old friend, and we're just going to jump right into the interview because there's two things that I want you to walk away with as you listen. Number one, how to pay less taxes legally and not just crypto taxes, but any type of gains taxes on your stock portfolio, taxes on your precious metals gains, crypto and more. And I want to invite you to come along with us on a vacation on the high seas. You're going to love this. Let's listen in. As you know, sir, Lord Travis and myself have been living in Puerto Rico now for over two years. It's it's been really interesting, meeting ton of incredible people. But one of the gentlemen who is responsible for me being here is an old friend. His name is Devin Michaels. Devin's an entrepreneur. He's a crypto guy. And he was on episode number 382 of this podcast a little more than three years ago. But you might not know it because he was on the same show as Dr. Ron Paul. Doctor Paul, of course, was the headliner. And then there was like, Oh, also Devin and I wanted to give him the spotlight today because we've got a lot of really interesting things to talk about. Devin Michaels Welcome back to the Republic of Bad Cryptopia sir.
Daven Michaels: Mr. Joel, my dear friend of almost 15 years. It's great to be here with you, Mika.
Joel Comm: I think it might be longer than that.
Daven Michaels: I think it might be too.
Joel Comm: If we had met around 2007. It's, it's 16 years now.
Daven Michaels: Yeah. Yeah.
Joel Comm: We just taken it your way from me.
Daven Michaels: Sorry about that. We just celebrated the 15th year of one, two, three employee. I was shooting a commemorative video for our employees. So that's 15 years there. Wow.
Joel Comm: And for those of you watching the video version on YouTube, Rumble or Odyssey, that is a real background. Devin lives really a big stone's throw away from me right on the harbor here in Palmas, Del Mar. And it's a beautiful day. It's a hot day. But you know, it's mind boggling to me is here we are closer than the rest of the states to the equator, and they've been having a worse heat wave than we've been having.
Daven Michaels: Yeah, not too bad here. Not too bad. Nice breeze. Beautiful Paradise all year long. Yeah.
Joel Comm: So for those of you that really want to go deep on the Puerto Rico connection and the tax benefits, I recommend you go back to the episode we recorded three years ago. It's bad cosine forward slash 382. We'll have that in the show notes for this particular episode as well. But I want to touch on it, Devin, before we get into some other things today, including we're going to be talking about. So you guys want to stay tuned for this and interesting opportunity to go on a cruise with us in April. That's a little teaser for you. Let's let's start out with the the overarching benefits of why Americans are moving to Puerto Rico.
Daven Michaels: Yeah, absolutely. So Puerto Rico is a territory. And if you are a US citizen and you jump through the legal hoops and you make Puerto Rico your legal home, in other words, you live here at least half the year, then you essentially pay almost no tax. So we pay 4% federal income tax. We pay 0% capital gains, we pay 0% in dividends. And it is truly a game changer. A dear friend of both yours and mine and neighbor of so many years, John Lee Dumas, who is an unbelievably successful podcaster, always says, I work 4% of the year for the federal government and 96% of the rest of the year for myself, he said. He works the first couple of weeks of the year for the government and then that's it. And that's that's a big game changer. So we lived in LA where we were paying between, you know, corporate and federal and state, and I think I was paying about 63% in taxes and it was just absolutely ridiculous. And so we first moved to Vegas, got rid of the state tax, and then eventually moved here and got rid of most of it. But there's so many more benefits, too. So, for example, one of the greatest benefits is is deal flow. And you were talking about that a few minutes ago, the amazing people you meet here because you got to be a mover and shaker to to do this. You know, you have a tax situation, right? You need to save money. You're doing well in addition to that, to to pick up and move to a territory, you have to be a pioneer, which you are such a pioneer. And you and I both have that pioneering spirit, as does everybody over here. And then what happens is you have to spend at least a half a year in Paradise. It just sucks, right? I mean, look, look at this. It's just that's so hard, you know? So it's gorgeous here all year long. There's great food, great people. And the actual people who live in Puerto Rico, actual Puerto Ricans are some of the loveliest people in in the world. They will just give the shirt off their back for you. They are so nice, so wonderful. And I'll give you an example. You just walk down the street and people are saying, good day to you. Good day, good day, good day. Well, we leave. We travel and and people aren't speaking to us like saying like greeting us on the street. We're like, gosh, you know, you get used to this, right? And then we greet people and they look at us like we're crazy. But there's also a lot more benefits than. Just tax benefits. So. So the way all this works is, as Puerto Rico is a territory, they have their own tax authority. And it's not the IRS, it's Hacienda. And so if you're a bona fide resident of Puerto Rico, that's who you're paying your taxes to. You're letting the IRS know what you're up to, but you're paying Hacienda, and there's all these other programs that are available, too. They used to be a whole bunch of different acts. They've now put them under an umbrella called Act 60. When Joel and I got into this, it was called Act 2022, and we were just two of those acts. But now Act 60 brings them all together. And just to give you some examples of some of these acts, I have a car that is a plug in hybrid. It only gets 19 miles on a charge. Okay? It's just it's just a token thing. But because it has a plug, I was able to import it here tax free and save 30% in taxes. There's an entertainment tax here. My cousin Danny was just here shooting a pilot for Amazon. She got a 40% tax break of which you can cash in that tax break at 97 to 90 to $0.99 on the dollar. So it's essentially cash back. There is a hospitality credit. If you have like an Airbnb that has at least I think it's 7 or 8 beds and baths, you get 40% back over four years. Many of you who might live in the US might be familiar with opportunity zones where you get amazing tax benefits, while 98% of this entire island is an opportunity zone. And this list just goes on and on. I learn about all these new incentives every day, and I don't know all of them. But in a few minutes, we're going to talk about one way that I'm going to both you and I are going to learn all about them. And by the way, Joel, my guess is you don't know about all of them either.
Joel Comm: No, I don't. I know you know XD that's that's what I'm here on and you know what you say is so true. I came for the tax breaks and I did have friends already. I knew you and I knew Jld and had visited. In fact, I think that we. You're recording the last time you were on the show was when I first visited you in February 2020. The episode came out the the following month and we were going to move to that May and then Covid hit and everything became more complicated and we put it off for another year. But I'm really glad that I pulled the trigger when I did. I came for the tax breaks, but I'm staying for the community. I have never in my life and I'm approaching 60 ever being in a community like this of high performers, of creative people, of good hearted people. And you have everything in where we live in Palmas Del Mar, from thousand heirs to billionaires and from hanging out with people. You wouldn't know the difference of who you're hanging out with because it seems like the egos are largely checked at the gate and people were all here kind of for the same reasons. Yeah, it's a yeah for sure.
Daven Michaels: Sorry to interrupt, but yeah, it's like kind of a flip flop and t shirt community, right? So how are you going to be flexing? You know what I mean? So it's nice. It's nice. People do check their egos at the door. I think for the most.
Joel Comm: Part, there's all of these groups that we're in and signal and what's happened. There's always something going on. You know, I've become a pickleball enthusiast since I've moved here. Aaron is a big golf enthusiast. And, you know, we we live on the golf course. So Holes five and six of the Palms course are right behind our condo and the beach is right outside the door. And so it's just there's always something to do. Yeah, we're going somewhere tonight. Are you are you joining us tonight? What's going.
Daven Michaels: On tonight?
Joel Comm: I don't know. I have to ask Aaron. All right, cool.
Daven Michaels: Cool. You check with your social director. I'll check with mine. Yeah, but like you said, I've never experienced anything like it except on, like, television, Right? These little, you know, these TV shows that take place in this little small town. Everybody knows each other, and they're all like, best homies. But I've never experienced in real life until moving to Puerto Rico.
Joel Comm: I think part of it is, you know, when you're in the city, like we came from Denver to orchestrate somebody's calendar with yours in multiple couples calendars, you get together, it's a big deal. It's an event here. There's so many people and so many friendly people that it's like, Hey, what are you doing for dinner tonight? Hey, we're having, you know, karaoke at our place this weekend. We're going to the Beach Club on Sunday. And and people just continue to get together to the point where we have now had two since we've been here, vacations with groups of people from here. So we basically just pack up Puerto Rico and we put it on a cruise ship and taken on the road. And we'll talk a little bit more about that here soon. By the.
Daven Michaels: Way, are you going to Rusty's root beer float party.
Joel Comm: Tomorrow? Yes, I am going.
Daven Michaels: To hit that, too. But we have another party. Simultaneously. So we're going to be jumping back and forth. Yeah.
Joel Comm: So let's you know, we kind of hit on the governmental programs, the things that are available here. And we'll try and find a website for you guys that has all of the different acts so that you can take a look at those. Let's talk a little bit about some of the services on the island and the things that people are working on.
Daven Michaels: Yeah. So what's interesting is, well, okay, so let me start with my own personal experience. So I always I felt that when we came here, we were going to approach this as we are a guest in this territory. And and so I don't, you know, try to push my opinions or agenda on anybody. And my goal was to make this place a better place than when I got here, right. To to make a difference and make an impact. And I like, I kind of an impact junkie. So I really like that. And a lot of people are doing the same thing here. And, you know, you can you could actually come here and say, I'm not going to do any of that. I don't want to have any impact. I'm just going to do my time and so on and so forth. And you would still impact the economy because you'd hire a ton of people to help you with a bunch of different stuff and you put a lot of money into the economy. And so I'm involved in a lot of projects here. One of my favorites is I am a member of Partnership for Modern Puerto Rico, which is the think tank that was created by Alberto Barco, who's the former secretary of commerce to Puerto Rico. And he actually, if you came in on our program, Act 20, 22, several years ago, he would have signed the decree because it was he and his regime, if you will, that that ushered in Act 2022. And it has had such a huge impact on the on this island. So many things are happening. I'll give you an example. In this enclave that we all live in, there has not been new development here in two decades, in 20 years, because it was overbuilt in the heyday prior to 2008. Now there's new construction here. Um, and people are benefiting. One of the things that is included in the Act 60 program, not in my decree, but in the current decree is that you have to buy a property within two years. So you can come here, you can rent a place, you can check it out, see if you like it, but eventually you have to buy something that is so great for the economy. You know, it's fantastic. You can see it. You can see things changing here and you can see that there's a lot of collaboration between, you know, people that grew up in Puerto Rico and us transplants. And it's pretty cool to to see it in real time. Um, I happen to be involved with several charitable projects. We gave 1500 toys to the orphans last year. Um, and I'm working on something really cool. Matter of fact, I think we should talk about this. So. Yeah, I think it's making news.
Joel Comm: Here we go.
Daven Michaels: For the big reveal. What's up? So we moved to Puerto Rico five years ago, five months after Maria. We first. And if you don't know what Maria was, it was a once in a hundred year hurricane. There's such a thing as a Cat six. That's what hit Puerto Rico. As a matter of fact, when it came onshore, it came onshore right here, right here in Palmas, Del Mar, right behind me, 210 mile an hour winds. Unbelievable. And it was it was devastating for Puerto Rico. It was interesting, though. I was in a meeting yesterday with Alberto and Luis Lumba, and we were talking and they said, you know, one great thing about Maria is they put us on the global map. People didn't know about Puerto Rico until Maria. Now, a lot of people think that Puerto Rico still doesn't have power and it was knocked out by Maria and that that's not the case at all. But I guess it did draw attention to to Maria. So our two Puerto Rico excuse me. So anyways, when I moved here, nobody was here. The lights were out. Um, and I started a little cigar club. Um, and later it just became a social club. We, you know, cigars were kind of optional. Um, and we would have maybe 5 or 6 people that would show up and we do them once a month. Fast forward five years later, we have almost a thousand people in the San Juan Social Club and we do events once a month, a curated locations across the island. And my whole vision for that, it was not complex at all. It was basically I wanted to bring Puerto Ricans together with transplants, people like us, and just to to have cocktails and break bread and get to know each other and have a dialogue and have fun. And I'll tell you, I would like to take full credit for that inspiration. But actually it was somebody else's. So we used to live in LA and I used to have this friend, Brian and Brian had this networking group and I think it was called like Networking at Night or After Dark or something like that. It was like a happy hour, a thing. And he would really build this as this serious networking group. And we used to make fun of him because what it really was, was a bunch of young professionals getting together to like hook up. I mean, but it was super successful. It was like he would he put it in nightclubs and he'd pack them out and it was great. And we would just poo poo on him. But he was one smart cookie. And. And fast forward decades later, he has the biggest incubator in Los Angeles that was born out of that. And so so I just started doing these events. I didn't charge for him. It's just, you know, fun getting people together, knowing that, you know, it would it would create some cool stuff on the island. So anyways, you know, now we get a lot of people that show up to the events and it's super awesome. And I had another inspiration that I can't take credit for. So Joel, as you know, for the last decade, I've spoken on a cruise called The Marketer's Cruise. You never came along, right? Never try to get you right. Okay. So the marketers Cruise is all the top marketers from all over the world. They get together on a cruise once a year, about 450 of us. And I would speak on that cruise every year. And the byproduct of that was three things. One, I made a lot of money from the deals that I made to all these joint ventures I did with a global audience. They went back to their respective countries and they were thought leaders in those countries and they spread my word and kind of made me a global brand in my space. And then lastly, now it's a decade later. There's not much money for me to be made. I'm already doing business with all of these people. There's a little fresh blood every year, but that's about it. But now we just go every year because now our best friends are there and we know that if we didn't take the cruise, we wouldn't see them. And that's what happens when you have time with people. Time equals depth. The more time you spend with somebody, the more you get to know them, the more money you can make with them, the deeper your friendship and bond becomes. And so I always wanted to do a cruise. But five years ago, as soon as I got to Puerto Rico, I had the idea. But the timing wasn't right. Now, five years later, we are launching the San Juan Social Club cruise.
Joel Comm: Remind me the URL, I'm going to go and pull it up so we can show it.
Daven Michaels: Yes. If you go San Juan. Social Cruise. Com. San Juan Social Cruise. Yep. And so the idea behind the San Juan Social Club cruise. It's for residents of Puerto Rico and people that are interested in Puerto Rico that want to network, make friends and learn about all of Puerto Rico's amazing resources, benefits and opportunities and those resources, benefits and opportunities. I kind of put it into three buckets. One is governmental, which is a lot of the stuff that we talked about today. Two is all the cool stuff that guys like you and I are doing all over the island. Things from like investments to like renewable projects to you name it. And then lastly services, all the different services that are offered on the islands, banking services, accounting services, hospitality, different services like that. And so we set sail April 13th of next year. We announced it three weeks ago. We've already had 150 people register and it looks like we're going to cap it at 300. I don't want to, but they don't have enough room on the boat. They don't have an event space big enough for us. So I think we're going to cap it at 300. We are on virgin virgins. Brilliant lady, which is not even in the ocean yet, right? They drop it in December and then Joel and I and a few friends are going to go test it out in February. And then in April we do the big cruise. So we'll be on Virgin's brilliant lady. If you're not, I mean, you've probably heard about Virgin Cruises, but you may not know it's the hottest cruise line on the ocean right now. Everybody is raving about Virgin. It's all adult. It's super fun.
Joel Comm: The ship the ship just looks absolutely beautiful. I've done a lot of cruising and I feel like Richard Branson is next level. This stuff and this boat is going to be sparkly, brand new. And I'm excited because we leave from San Juan, which is real fun. So wherever you're coming from, you just fly into San Juan, spend the night downtown, maybe get a little early, see Old Town, San Juan, visit the fortress, right? Do a little touristy stuff, and then we take off. We spend a whole day at sea on our way to Aruba. Beautiful island. Then we bop over to Curacao. I haven't been to Curacao since I was a little boy, and I've been wanting to go back ever since then because I remember it just being a Paradise. And then we're off to Martinique. You could practice your France if you want to, and then to Saint Kitts and Nevis, where I am also a citizen of I'm a saint. And so for me, it'll be going home before I go home.
Daven Michaels: I think that's so cool. I think you need to use that passport when you come over. So a few things to note. If you haven't been to Puerto Rico before, come a couple of days early or stay a couple of days late. We're going to be showing everybody around, so it'll just be super fun. I have to tell you, this is so funny, Joel. So 20, 25 years ago, let's see, I measure in girlfriends lives and I've been together 15 years before.
Joel Comm: That in.
Daven Michaels: Girls. So. Yes, 20 years ago. Okay. This was in the Mariana days, 20, 20 years ago. I came to Puerto Rico for the very first time. I'm on a cruise ship. We had a half day here and it was beautiful. I remember I just thought it was so cool. And at one point I was on this balcony and I looked out over Puerto Rico and I said to myself. Who the hell lives in Puerto Rico now? I didn't mean like, who would live here. I just meant who the hell lived here? It wasn't. Yeah, it wasn't on my radar. I think I barely knew it was a part of the US. And now I live in Puerto Rico, and so do you. And I think that's just so cool because I just have fallen in love with Puerto Rico. And the pictures you're seeing right here are of old San Juan, which is the oldest city in the US. It's epic. And so, yeah, you know, come early and check it out. And then the other thing I was going to say on on Curacao, listen, I've been in Curacao a bunch of times. We've been to all these ports a bunch of times. We're going for the people, we're going for the ship. But Curacao is unique because I think it was a former Dutch colony, I believe. And so it looks it looks like that It looks you know, so many of these Caribbean destinations can kind of blend, you know, blend, gel together. Right. They're all beautiful blue beaches and what have you. But Curacao is truly unique. And what's interesting is we have some some really top notch speakers, including Mr. Joel, really, you know, top of their game cutting edge speakers, which I'm very excited about. John Lee Dumas will be joining us, too. We have Alberto Barco, former secretary of economic development for Puerto Rico. Brock Pierce, crypto billionaire Harry Dent, another one of our neighbors prolific. We have Michael Drew, the number one book strategist in the world. Nobody on the planet has more New York Times, USA Today or Wall Street Journal bestsellers like 124 of them. Just unbelievable group. Who else do we have? Let's scroll down.
Joel Comm: Oh, John Lee Dumas is there.
Daven Michaels: Yeah. Oh, and then I was going to tell you this, too. So we have Mr. Joel. We have Jerry Conti. And then this is kind of interesting. So Derek Hogan Camp is a dear friend of mine, lives in Europe and lives in Dubai, but actually grew up in Curacao. He hasn't been back there in forever and now he's going to be back there on the boat. So. Very cool.
Joel Comm: Excellent. Yeah. So, you know, this is the people that you're going to be rubbing elbows with on this cruise. I don't know where you are. You know, in your life, those of you who are listening right now. But if you're into crypto, you're going to find crypto people. You're going to find a wide swath of interests in the blockchain space, in the NFT space, in the metaverse. Yeah. In all of this you're going to find high performers and you don't know like I'm going to say take a risk, get on the boat, reserve your room, get on the boat and see what happens. Because any time, you know, in my life showing up is been the key to success is putting myself out there. And we already know there's over 125 people from the San Juan Social Club that are going to be there, 150 and and more to come. And, you know, and I'll see you there. I'll be on the boat. We'll say, hey, I'm on my way to, you know, to the pool.
Daven Michaels: Exactly. Hey, um, I was going to say to, um, I can honestly say and I'm sure that you can say this to all of your for me, it's all but at least some of your best connections always come from events, right? My best connections, my best amigos, my, my, my highest yielding business contacts. They all came from events. But now if you go from one day or two day or three day event to a one week long event, then you really go deep and the benefits are huge. We're going to we are definitely going to have some crypto celebrities. I did want to kind of tell you guys a little bit about, you know, what's involved and what have you. So it's super easily $300, you know, locks in your crew. So basically you put down a $300 deposit per person, everything's double occupancy and then we collect the rest of the money, or Virgin collects the rest of the money from you throughout the course of the year until December 1st. And then we've negotiated some great perks for you. So number one, $600 on board, carbon credit for cocktails. And by the way, virgins cocktails are super awesome and super inexpensive. Like they're doing this totally different now. I think a beer is $5, a cocktail is $9, which is like half the price of like a Carnival cruise ship or something. So very cool. Um, so we negotiated $600 cabin credit. In addition to that, your, your, your single fee is going to cover your port taxes, your your tips, everything essentially. And if you book this week when you see this podcast will give you an extra $100 credit as well. So it just makes it so unbelievably reasonable. Also, if you're thinking of coming solo, not a problem, you just simply put in on your guest, you put TBD and then you have some options. You have until December to figure out who's going to go with you. You can replace a person like if you want to put somebody in temporarily, we can change it up. Not a big deal. Or you can have us help you find a roomie and that's no problem at all. We're getting plenty of room. We. Us and we have until December to do that. So it's no big deal at all.
Joel Comm: So, you know, a lot of the the rooms on cruise ships are small or dated. This is a brand new boat. And for those of you that are watching the the video version of this, the the suites, they're really beautiful. They're they're great rooms. And this is you know, we're we are doing the very same cruise twice you and I are. Yeah. And I have no qualms with that because I feel like we're just going to be cruising in style. And how long do people have to to put down their deposit and book to be sure they can get get all the perks?
Daven Michaels: Yeah, we have a little time, but you want to take advantage of the perks and jump in now to lock into reservation. We will sell out soon if you want to get the extra $100 credit on top of the $600, then the time to do this is now. Um, and, um. Yeah, I mean, it's super, super exciting. By the way, if you happen to be foodies, um, Virgin does things a little bit differently. So normally you have, um, you know, like a big dinner room, if you will, like a what's the word I'm thinking of? Whatever, an assembly place for dinner. And then there's usually. Dining room. Dining room. Thank you. Um, brain fart. But then there's also usually a couple of specialty restaurants. Virgin's totally different. They have no dining room. It's all restaurants, and they're all Michelin star inspired menus. So if you're a foodie, yum, yum. And if you like to drink, you got a big fat credit that will cover basically all the drinks you're going to want.
Joel Comm: And no kids on the cruise.
Daven Michaels: Okay. It's no kids. And we know for some of you, you know, that that could be a deal killer. And.
Joel Comm: You know, you put them off on grandma and grandpa for the week. I mean, that's what they love that That's what we did with our little. Right.
Daven Michaels: Exactly.
Joel Comm: Exactly. So there you go. The links are in the show notes for everything. Yeah. One last thing.
Daven Michaels: When you when you book, there's a little dropdown who referred to you and just click on bad crypto or comm.
Joel Comm: Okay, great.
Daven Michaels: And that way we can make sure that we put everyone kind of in the same cool kids area and we'll have everything all set.
Joel Comm: Uh, excellent. I was So that will be in the booking process. That's where they do that. So yeah, just, I think it's in my name. So just.
Daven Michaels: Just look, I put both on there.
Joel Comm: Okay? So either one, we'll do the trick. And those of you that are bad kryptonians that end up joining, you know what? We'll probably set aside a little happy hour. Yeah. For us. I think.
Daven Michaels: We should. I think we should.
Joel Comm: Hang out together and get to know you guys a little bit and that'll.
Daven Michaels: Be. I think that's a great idea. How cool is that? You get to hang out with Joel. Calm. Hello. That's awesome. I mean, I get to hang out with Joe all the time. I'm spoiled, but, you know, you probably don't get to if you're just a or if you're a listener on the podcast.
Joel Comm: But now on the high seas, maybe ya we be pirates. So Devin, one of the reasons that, you know, I got into crypto, which we went into length in the previous interview three years ago, was because you were the final nudge, you kind of pushed me over the edge back in spring of 2017, and it was through you that I finally took the leap. And so you are a big crypto guy and I want to know your take the lay of the land right now. You know, time stamp this. It's mid-August 2023. Bitcoin has been hovering in the 29,000 realm. The SEC is coming down hard on everything they can throw mud at. How do you see this all fleshing out? And do you believe personally enough financial advice that 2024 is going to be the bull run that puts us on the same cycle that we've always seen?
Daven Michaels: Boy, that's a really great question. And I would honestly say that my crystal ball is a little murky. But, um, the consensus with the people who know is that the, the this bear period is over. Um, and obviously the number one driving force is, is BlackRock, right? And so you're going to see a insane amount of money flood into the market. So, you know, it seems like, um, you know, we should be back moving again. Um, I think it's enough to move the needle. It should be, um, you know, I looked at like this, um, during the last bear market. What. What brought us back was a few things. It was Michael Saylor, PayPal and Elon Musk. So when we went into this last bear phase, I was like, What? How are you going to top that? You know, but, but BlackRock ETFs that would do that mainstream adoption.
Joel Comm: That's, you know. Right. What we're looking for.
Daven Michaels: Yeah. Yeah. So it I thought this bear market would be a lot longer. I really did. So you know they're not been these most recent announcements I would have said you know maybe maybe years still but I think the odds are pretty good that we could be back in business in 2024. Yeah, I would agree.
Joel Comm: Let's go. We're all hanging on. So another reason to get on the cruise, to prep yourself, to make some connections, meet some people that'll help.
Daven Michaels: These are movers and shakers. People, people on the inside. Yeah, absolutely. So, I mean, and you you guys may not know this, but they call Puerto Rico crypto Rico because the US crypto guys and gals came down here because you know, they make a lot of money in the crypto space.
Joel Comm: So and this is how, you know, we've managed to legally pay far less taxes. I mean, it's almost a negligible, a negligible amount legally, folks, legally. And once you stop paying 30, 35%, 40% in income taxes, the magic of compounding is really something amazing. That's when you really start to see it.
Daven Michaels: Yeah. And you know, you have more money for whatever you want in your life. I find that money intensifies everything. So if you're a good person, if you're philanthropic, you're going to be more philanthropic. And I know I certainly am here. I mean, I give a lot of money. We're doing a lot of things. And and it's great. It's a great feeling. So that's pretty cool.
Joel Comm: Excellent. Well, Devin, thanks for for coming on today. Really encourage you guys to to go to the website for the San Juan Social cruise if you just go to San Juan Social cruise is that right?
Daven Michaels: Yeah that one's fine.
Joel Comm: Then you can get there also SJ Social Club will get you there. The links are in the show notes for this episode and probably under the videos if you're watching there. Bad code and for forward slash 693 is what it's going to be all about. On our next episode, Travis Wright will be back. He is doing some globetrotting trotting the globe and I might be somewhere else in the world as well. But that's the beauty of, you know, podcasting is you can do from wherever you are.
Daven Michaels: Awesome. Awesome. Joel Thanks so much for having me, Amiga.
Joel Comm: Absolutely. And I almost called you Travis. I did call you Travis. Gavin, Do you know how we end the show? You know how we end the show.
Daven Michaels: I guess. Stay back.
S4: Oh, that's it. Bad.
S5: Who's bad?
Joel Comm: The Bad Crypto podcast is a production of Bad Crypto LLC. The content of the show, the videos and the website is provided for educational, informational and entertainment purposes only. It's not intended to be and does not constitute financial investment or trading advice of any kind. You shouldn't make any decisions as to finances, investing, trading or anything else based on this information without undertaking independent due diligence and consultation with a professional financial advisor, Please understand that the trading of bitcoins and alternative cryptocurrencies have potential risks involved. Anyone wishing to invest in any of the currencies or tokens mentioned on this podcast should first seek their own independent professional financial advisor.