Joel Comm: The new British prime minister is pushing for central bank digital currencies. But down in Africa, Nigerians are rejecting their government's push for the same. The SEC says trade coin club members are part of the Ponzi scheme. And there's big news around the Solana blockchain as a new Google partnership could bring the chain to the masses. Poor Xqc's Metta may be getting trashed, but Instagram could bring Nfts mainstream. We salute all of our United States veterans who have fought for our freedoms and dedicate the moment of silence coming up to those who have lost their lives in defense of those freedoms. On our bad news, episode number 648. Of the Bad Crypto podcast. Five for.
UU: Free are for all those. Whose bad. I.
Joel Comm: This episode is airing on Veterans Day initially, which is why the moment of recognition and silence for those who have served. We do take our hats off to you. Thank you. Both men and women who have served. For your considerable contribution. We appreciate the liberty that we have, at least for the moment in this country. And may your sacrifices not be in vain.
Travis Wright: Also, shout out to everyone who looks at the clock and randomly it's 1111 because that happens to me quite regularly. I was like, oh, 1111 Make a little wish.
Joel Comm: Where did that alert?
Travis Wright: I don't know. I think it's some mystical shit from back in the day.
Joel Comm: Like it at 420. Are you supposed to puff Puff? Is that like.
Travis Wright: Oh, boy, You know, it's always for 20 somewhere as long as it's 20 past the hour, I guess. But I don't know. Think about it. 1111. It's rally hasn't been the thing. It's been the thing since people have had clocks.
Joel Comm: What if it's 7-Eleven? Get a Slurpee.
Travis Wright: Well, get a slot back because.
Joel Comm: It's a 7-Eleven. This time they're under the sun. Get yourself a big gulp. Big gulp.
Travis Wright: Make a wish. You wish you could drink this in one big gulp so you could go get another.
Joel Comm: I wish we could get on to the content of this episode of the Bankrupt podcast. Joel, Com and Travis right here. And we've got news that you can use. We did mention that the UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak is pushing heavily for Cbdcs. I watched the video. I don't think it's in this article here, but there is a video of him and it just it makes me want to retch because they are selling cbdcs as though they are going to be such a blessing for the people and it's going to just lead to all kinds of ways that we can use our funds and make everything more secure. And the bottom line is it's a trap, folks. It's all a trap. Central bank Digital currencies will be used in the hands of nefarious people, which many of our leaders already are. To track everything you do and if you want to question if this reality is something that could be a reality here, look up the Chinese social credit score system. They implemented this a few years ago where they're tracking everything. People buy and sell their tracking what they post on social media, who they are in, in contact with. And if they decide that you said something they don't like or you are, you know, somehow in relationship with people that might be undesirables, they lower your social credit score just like that Black Mirror episode nosedive. If you haven't seen it, go watch it.
Travis Wright: Well, to me, it is interesting. I mean, because look what happened to Kanye West. They didn't like what what happened to him and they kicked him off of J.P. Morgan, Jp morgan, and said, hey, we're not going to have you be part of our thing anymore, so take your Yeezy empire and skedaddle. And so, you know, think of that. That's a that's basically I look at it like this. I say that to people when you go, wow, look at that happened. And then I also say, Do you want to know how close we are to sort of global authoritarianism, sort of one world government type stuff? Look at how quick the whole world's shut down for COVID. Like, it was just it was just a maybe a slightly harsher flu. And what they did was immediately, oh, people were sick. Let's put them in nursing homes. I don't know if you remember that bunch of people. One of the nursing homes got got got a bunch of these old people sick, everybody up in arms. Now, you can't go to funerals. You can't go to the synagogue. You can't go to church. You can't go to certain restaurants unless you're Walmart and Target. You can stay open. Everything else has to shut down. The whole world was like, okay, except Africa, who didn't do it. And they basically had no COVID, right? So it's like it's just crazy to me if you don't see where we are. And we had Liz Truss, right? Was that her name? Liz Truss? Liz Truss Yeah, which I trust her completely, because anybody who's in charge of government anywhere, you got to trust them. But think of this is they were not they were not so quickly she was released from she resigned but something happened. Maybe she didn't want the Cbdc I don't want to. We see that happen globally because once that happens, they don't like your opinion. They're going to shut you off and that's not a good thing.
Joel Comm: So I don't know if you saw this just tossed in as in here, The Atlantic, which is an incredibly far left magazine, wrote this article by Emily Oster, Let's declare a pandemic amnesty. Let's focus on the future and fix the problems we still need to solve. Oh, you mean forgive you for locking away our senior citizens and leaving them isolated to die alone? Is that what you mean? Or do you mean forcing experimental vaccinations or RNA altering drugs on people? Let's get.
Travis Wright: Over it, Joy, for.
Joel Comm: Talking about. Are you talking about making us wear the stupid face diapers that do absolutely nothing? Which, by the way, I don't know if you've seen.
Travis Wright: Forgive and forget. Yeah. I don't know how serious. You know, I was so interesting. I learned this. It's like it's whenever I wanted to go to a restaurant, I had to show my vaccine card because it's like somebody dies. And then I say, Where were they vaccinated? That is so rude of you to ask. How dare you ask if they were like, Well, I mean, I'm looking at the statistics here and I see in the funeral home statistics where they said, Oh my God, there's more funerals than ever. Like they would say normally in in a place 150 funerals a year in a funeral homes, a pretty good year. That's a great year. Now they're talking 350, 400 funerals like. And they have to do bulk, you know, youth caskets. As for them, basically in their whole existence, they never had to do book youth caskets. And they've had to do that twice in the last seven months. There's something going on. Nobody's talking about it, but.
Joel Comm: Some people are talking about it, just not, you know, the people who should be talking about it. Those in the trusted media there.
Travis Wright: Might be on for some people to hear. Like we've been ranting a little bit this week, like and I'll give you that. We've been ranting because there's a lot of noise here.
Joel Comm: This is our microphones. We can we can.
Travis Wright: Microphones.
Joel Comm: We can say whatever we want to say about whatever we want to say. And if people want to listen and there's a lot of people out there that are nodding their heads, we know we we hear from these people and they're like, yeah, you guys just just speak the truth. And this is all tied into blockchain and crypto gang. We're talking about central bank digital currencies where they can track everything that, that you're, you know, up to And.
Travis Wright: Just check this out is a great segway right here because conversely, we're talking about, you know, the new prime minister of the UK who's like, yeah, we want Cbdcs, we want Cbdcs. But right here the Nigerians are rejecting the country's cbdc in favor of decentralized crypto currencies. That's exactly what we need because when they're decentralized, nobody controls them. When they're a centralized bank, digital currency, the centralized bank controls them, which can then lead us down a very authoritarian path. You don't have this, you don't have that, you don't have enough in your wallet. You can't access this, you don't have this NFT, so you can't do this. You can't go here, you can't get on the bus, you can't get on a plane. Like you mentioned that we're living in Black Mirror in a lot of ways and it's really bizarre.
Joel Comm: The population of Nigeria is considered to be the most crypto savvy on the African continent, with the nation ranking as the top country in Africa for. Crypto adoption and 11 Globally, more than a third of Nigerians between the age of 18 and 60 reported owning or training cryptos in 2022. They also have the greatest export of princes seeking places to go to have their funds transferred. You might have gotten an email from.
Travis Wright: I got an email. I was so excited that the prince chose me. I thought I was Nigerian. Prince was like, Oh my God, Travis. I've been waiting to transfer you money. And, you know, I saw I saw the future of population in the world in golden 50 years. In the future, Africa is going to explode in population. It's going to explode. And that's great. I think we need so like, we're going to start seeing some really interesting leaders popping up in some of these countries where there's 220 million people in Nigeria, there's 330 million in America, like.
Joel Comm: 380.
Travis Wright: That will pass 380. We have three.
Joel Comm: I think we're up to 380. Just overnight. We just we did that. So while Nigeria gets it, JPMorgan is coming around. You know, of course, you remember Jamie Dimon many times had said, you know, to avoid Bitcoin and that's a scam. Of course, JPMorgan is moving heavy into blockchain now and they are calling JPMorgan trade on public blockchain a monumental step. For Defi, they're using polygon to trade tokenized cash deposits and they are just another in the line of financial institutions that are going, All right, if you can't beat them, join them. How do we get our big piece of the pie.
Travis Wright: Mhm. But how bullish is that for Polygon. Yeah. Like when you start paying attention to all the projects that are popping up off on Polygon right now and with it only being a dollar 20 now that's what it was when we last saw it. I don't know what it is exactly today because I'm not that far of a futurist, but I mean it was 70 something cents, 50 something sense not long ago. And here it is. You start seeing, you know, what, Disney is going to start doing stuff on Polygon, JPMorgan, starting to do stuff on Polygon. There's a lot of projects doing stuff on Polygon and that should tell you something about Polygon. You know, projects can start doing stuff on them. Pay attention.
Joel Comm: We've been big fans of the wax blockchain. The only good thing that I can see that's come out of EOS, but because it is not an EVM, at least not yet, that was the big mistake that William Quigley made, is taking wax off of Ethereum to create their. They should have immediately had the bridge right. Have your own chain that's faster. That doesn't have the gas fees because even with.
Travis Wright: Which should have been like a.
Joel Comm: Polygon, it should have been going on. Yep, it should have been like polygon and it wasn't. And so now Wax is is getting a little left behind. However, I think that they're working on the EVM. And so that will, you know, because right now you want to be able to put the chain in your metamask. Right. So it's easy to do if you're on polygon draw on Binance Smart chain. If you're on an avalanche arbitrage doge chain, right, you just add it to your metamask it uses the same address, you're just adding this new RPC protocol and now you can trade your tokens there using the same format. Whereas with wax you got to go to a set of wax wallet. With internet computer you need an ICP wallet. Could be a better chain. It could be faster, more transactions per second, but you still need another wallet. And so now that polygon, I think Polygon's got a pretty bright future. Not financial advice.
Travis Wright: They're not polygon, they're poly here to stay.
Joel Comm: Yeah so also here to stay. The SEC seems like every episode now we have a story about them going after somebody. They are charging the ETrade Coin Club founding members with operating a $295 million Ponzi scheme. It's an MLM network marketing. Just another reason that I do not like network marketing. There's a number of reasons I don't like it, but they've raised I.
Travis Wright: To do it. I like the idea of it, right? But the problem is, is that it's centralized power. Those up at the top normally are the ones that win the idea of, oh, basing on my effort and getting of getting a group of people together and helping everyone. I like the idea of network marketing or multilevel marketing, but in practice I've just never seen it really work. Aside from maybe Amway, which kind of stuck to the Oh no were one of the original ones.
Joel Comm: There's a lot of ones that it's worked. There's a ton of companies that work for, you know, New Herbalife, but it usually works for a very small number of people. Now the idea of, hey, you know, this creates opportunity for everybody. But here's the this leads to the thing that I dislike the most. Most often you're encouraged to go to your war market. Multilevel marketing is just another name for how to lose family and friends. Right. Because who do you go to? People, you know. It's the best thing. You need to buy some of this. We're all going to get rich together. Yeah.
Travis Wright: Buy these pills, potions and lotions, and put them in your garage pills.
Joel Comm: Potions and lotions. They don't. They don't help you. If you put them in your garage. You have to rub them around and drink them and stuff. Right?
Travis Wright: Pretty routine. So you know the boxes of them and you put them in your garage.
Joel Comm: And then you get a divorce. The the reason that the SEC is going after them, after they've raised 80,000 Bitcoin from over 100,000 investors, they are saying that they allegedly deceived investors by telling them they can generate daily returns of 0.35% on their crypto through a bot. But instead, these funds were used to compensate himself. Jeff Paradise Man named a last name. Taylor Callaway, Leilani, a kind of Taylor and Jonathan troll for their involvement. So these guys are all in trouble. We're all on a lot of a lot of trouble going.
Travis Wright: I would say this. Good luck to all you. All I would say this. Here is some interesting news that Google is launching a blockchain node engine. And they're saying that Ethereum is going to be the very first blockchain that is supported. And they're partnering Google Cloud is partnering with Coinbase and creating that the Google Cloud blockchain node engine. More blockchains will be supported by the theorems going first. How bullish is that? I mean, Google's in the game now, bro.
Joel Comm: Incredibly bullish. And they're not stopping there. They're have unveiled a partnership with Solana. So at the breakpoint, which is a four day conference that is simultaneously held in four different venues from November 4th to seventh. I guess that's the Solana conference. They made a series of announcements and one of them includes the launching of smart phones and decentralized app stores partnering with Google Cloud. And, of course, Google wants a piece of all of this.
Travis Wright: Mm hmm. Well, thinking about that, let's have a decentralized phone and here's Google to help us decentralize it. Yeah. Like, to me, that's like, you know, Solana could really, you know, drive growth with having a smartphone, getting people off Android. That's not going to happen, though. Google's in it, Right? So what happens now? What I mean, well, now going to go.
Joel Comm: Anyone, anywhere can build their own Solana store and they've got Geo NFTS that are going to be part of this smart salon of smart phones available for preorder in early 2023. So whatever you think about Solana and how much it goes down and how vulnerable it's been, clearly they are kind of like McDonald's. We're stuck with them. It's it's it's crappy food, but they're everywhere and it's smart marketing, you know? So there's a lot of inferior products out there, gang, that win the day, you know, out of their mediocrity because their marketing and their their ability to joint venture with with other brands is solid. And so congratulations to Solana. I still wouldn't build anything on it. That's my $0.02.
Travis Wright: I still wouldn't build anything on it either. But I mean, they're going to be around. You really cover that right now. Also around helium. Helium is now building out its mobile network and they plan to give free trials to so lot of phone users. So so there's helium connecting with Solana. And these saga phones are going to get a3a 30 day free subscription to Helium, which is basically that sort of like mesh net type thing.
Joel Comm: Yeah, decentralized wi fi, which which I am a fan of. I think that that's a pretty good deal and it's smart of them to partner with Solana behavior releasing blockchain phones and let's work with whoever we can to distribute our network. So they're going to give away 30 day free subscriptions to helium mobile. And so I'm not exactly sure what people are going to get for that, but they want to participate in 5G network and make your own 5G hotspots. And then I guess you'll earn helium tokens, H.A. tokens for running hotspots on your phone. So you'll be a portable hotspot. You won't need to buy one of the high priced ones that you plant in your home wherever you go. If you're not, you are one. You are a walking hotspot.
Travis Wright: Yeah. So think of that data though, that might be coming through that hotspot. I don't know what kind of implications there might be if you are a hotspot. WI fi that's open and decentralized and other people are utilizing that. Does that come back on you? I don't know, but we'll keep an eye on that. Also, we're keeping an eye on Instagram. Joel Metta is now talking about Nfts.
Joel Comm: He's right. Yeah. This is this is a big deal. The I think that they've released some examples already, but you're going to be able to mentor Nfts on Instagram. You'll be able to create them and sell them in the app. It's going to happen very soon. They won't charge any service fees until 2024 and for.
Travis Wright: Gas.
Joel Comm: Fees covers gas for both creators and collectors. Of course, if somebody buys within the app, you're still subject to the 30% iOS app store fee and whatever Android feeds are. But. This is happening. There's there's there's no way to avoid it. And I think it's pretty funny that it's happening as quickly as it is, because it was just a year ago during the NFT Bull run that so many people were saying Nfts are a fad and they're stupid and there's never going to be any practical use for them. And you guys are being scammed. And we said then, no, you're wrong. What we call you is a mass adopter. Pioneers pioneer in tests. This technology's early adopters are the first ones to go, Yeah, this is the thing. And meanwhile they're taking the arrows from all the rest that are to follow. And if you were one of those saying that's a scam and tweeting voraciously about how you would never, ever own an NFT, guess what? You will. You will. And we told you then and we're telling you now, they're here to stay. It's coming. Instagram, you're not going to be able to stop it. It's going to be huge. And just like we have seen people become stars as creators on on Snapchat and YouTube for their singing, their dancing, their magic, their jokes, whatever. We're going to see a new wave of artists become stars via their NFT creations.
Travis Wright: Mm hmm. And I just did the keynote here at NFT NYC in London. So I guess technically Nfts in London around the future of NFT is it's not just crazy hilarious cartoon JPEGs that are NFT. So you got to get that out of your mind. There are there's about 30 different use cases now that we can determine Nfts will be utilizing on. Again, you can check that out. Link tree link Tricky link tree slash future of Nfts. You can snag that. I go in-depth on that. I've actually added a couple of of links to that as well. Joel.
Joel Comm: I've got to point this out as well. Just because it popped up yesterday. Square Enix is a renowned game developer and creator of Final Fantasy 14, which is one of the world's most popular MMO RPG games. And they have announced an NFT project and they are getting absolutely clobbered on Twitter. A Clobbered like there's hardly anything they don't.
Travis Wright: Understand in their teams or you would you do it in a video game? Just skeletons do it.
Joel Comm: So if you want to see like what it is here, I can actually go to the tweet.
Travis Wright: Let's see what should happen with Gorillaz, dude. Gorillaz said, Hey, we're going to do some NFT. And they just came out on the set, right? Like, okay, we're not going to do an empty. Well, maybe they'll do them on Ethereum, where the gas fees were so high. However, now that proof of stake that they're not as high.
Joel Comm: Since Biogenesis as the name of the project and they posted this video out there. And if you will, scroll down the tweets of what people have said in English. I think I speak for everyone when I say we won't be buying. Let's see.
Travis Wright: What did you say?
Joel Comm: I said, Congratulations to Square Enix for having the companies to lead into the future in spite of the smear job that's been done on NFT is gamers are pushing back for all the wrong reasons. Eventually they'll get it. This is why all pioneers and early adopters come before mass adoption. By the way, only one like no comments. 6 hours after tweeting I am so shadow banned. I am so Shadow banned still, and I don't know if it's ever going to get lifted. I hear some other people on Twitter are getting more.
Travis Wright: You need to start with your opinions. Joel, you're very opinionated with your words and your thoughts and the things that you say.
Joel Comm: No, thank you, Steph. You while this hurts. No, thanks. This sucks. No. And block. No, no, no, no. Where is the dislike button? So people, the fans, these are mass adopters you're looking at here. They have been told that nfts are one thing when they don't see the vision for what they could be about. And I think Square Enix jumping in here and in doing it is a great move for them and I applaud them and I hope that they don't back off. I hope that they go through with that because I guarantee that they're going to sell these things like crazy because FOMO happens, right? The sale happens to people like, I'm not buying one of those. I'm not buying one of those. And then they see the start.
Travis Wright: I'm buying for those. Oh my gosh, they're going, I got a square penis. What you say clear in. Okay. Something like that. Yeah. He has a square penis. Like, that's the weird thing. Good luck with that. I don't know how you identify.
Joel Comm: Square peanut t. Oh, thanks for tolerating us. Everybody, please do go take just if we've made you laugh. Okay. This is the this is the the guidelines for today. If we made you laugh and you haven't written a review for us yet, please go over to iTunes or wherever you listen to the show, give us five stars and let us know that we made you laugh. Maybe you learn something to doesn't cost you any. Thing to be nice to others, and that would be really nice to us because we do the show for you for free out of the goodness of our hearts.
Travis Wright: Educational and hilarious is what we like to think. Information and a lot of is just off the top of the dome. It's not. None of that's premeditated. It's all decentralized humor that is centralized in our brains.
Joel Comm: I mean, look, we already spent a lot of time recording. It's not like we take a ton of time, you know, preparing. We're thankful to producer Lisa for calling stories for us. And then we come together before the show. And maybe what we'll do here in coming episode is we'll go live during the recording of a show and introduce you to Lisa. And you could see how we actually, you know, go through stories and decide which ones we're going to talk about on an episode, and then we'll actually do the show live, which we then put out as an episode. Would that be fun to do?
Travis Wright: It sounds great, and I do think our production value is getting better. I like how we're showcasing the news articles in between us while we're talking and doing the thing, so it's looking good. We're working and finding new ways to be relevant for you guys. We're not huge fans of social media, so we're not always out there, but we're trying to do what we can and we love you guys. And so we keep doing this because you guys keep tune in and and so thank you to you guys.
Joel Comm: Oh, hey, we said there would be an NFT for this week. So Travis is going to, if you have not yet signed up for the bad crypto nifty club. This episode is going out on the 11th of November, which is Friday, November 11th. So you have until midnight on Tuesday, the 15th of November to have a bad crypto nifty club NFT in your wallet to get an airdrop of monumental step for Bitcoin. Travis is going to design something cool because he has the mad design skills and we're going to airdrop this to you. So go to bad crypto dot uncut dot them and pick up the bad crypto nifty club membership NFT. It's a one time fee of about $3 depending upon the price of Ethereum. It's 0.002 ethe charging for it just so bots don't go and claim a bunch of them. We only want fans of the show to get these. We've already dropped two exclusive nfts and we're going to drop this new one and you don't want to miss it so go pick that up.
Travis Wright: Don't miss it, don't miss it. This is going to be fun. So it's a monumental, monumental step for bitcoin and blockchains.
Joel Comm: You do some cool stuff with it, you want to.
Travis Wright: Do some cool AI stuff with it. You have playing around trying to figure out what to make.
Joel Comm: Maybe we should crowdsource an NFT for a future episode as well. We can do that when we do a live episode. So I'll tell you what, before we do the live episode, we will let you guys know on the episode before so that you can come and join us and make sure you are fully equipped to stay that.
UU: Who's bad?
Joel Comm: The Bad Crypto podcast is a production of Bad Crypto LLC. The content of the show, the videos and the website is provided for educational, informational and entertainment purposes only. It's not intended to be and does not constitute financial investment or trading advice of any kind. You shouldn't make any decisions as to finances, investing, trading or anything else based on this information without undertaking independent due diligence and consultation with a professional financial advisor. Please understand that the trading of Bitcoins and alternative cryptocurrencies have potential risks involved. Anyone wishing to invest in any of the currencies or tokens mentioned on this podcast should first seek their own independent professional financial advisor. So what do you think this monumental NFT is going to look like? What's going through that brain?
Travis Wright: Well, I just. I typed in monumental stuff for blockchains so far, and I've come up with something, and now I'm using a tool that Fonzo has been using called.
Joel Comm: Can you screenshot it? Let's get a look at it and.
Travis Wright: Well, I guess I could screen shareholders sitting here.
Joel Comm: By the way, this is the behind the scenes Easter eggs that you guys get when you stick around long enough after the disclaimers. Now, of course, if you want to see this actually happening, you need to go to our channel on YouTube, Odyssey or Rumble to see the video version of this. And now we're going to bring up Travis's screen here. Oh, that's a nice screen travel. There it is.
Travis Wright: Yeah. So I'm I'm looking at this one right here playing around with this one. And now I've learned how I can take this one and make some additional modifications to it. There was some other one, which was interesting. None of them seem to look as cool as that.
Joel Comm: So you're cranking, which is nice.
Travis Wright: I kind of like that one. So we'll see what pops up and then I'm going to play around with it with my other and the other two.
Joel Comm: So you guys are going to end up getting a cool NFT.