S1: These past few weeks will be noted in the history books as a turning point in both the world financial institutions and the exponential growth of AI tools. It's like an earthquake metaphorically struck the globe. Did you feel it? Perhaps not. But what the aftershocks from the early days of 2023 mean for the future of humanity, The direction of the global economy and the coming next world order will be felt in the months and years to come. Today, we welcome our friend Chris Snook back to the show to discuss this next world order. The forces that are going to drive our future and how your life will be impacted. And yes, crypto could play a big role in it. The Sith Lords are doing their best to bring us in line with their wishes, but we Jedi are fighting the fight for freedom and liberty. So have your lightsaber at the ready and may the force be with you for this episode number 675. Of the Bad Crypto podcast. Five.
UU: Four, three, one zero. Ignition Boost. Bad.
S1: Set the Wayback Machine to October 24th of 2018. Five years ago almost Episode number 197, where we had Christopher J. Snook, our friend and comrade, on an episode called The Future of Money prognosticating about what comes next. And he is back with us today to take a look at those predictions. You know, was he on track with what the direction things are going and to look at these five forces that are propelling us into the future. Chris, welcome back to the Bad Crypto podcast, sir.
S2: I am super excited to be here. I can't believe it's been five years. That's nuts.
S1: You look moderately excited. I don't know that you're super excited. Yeah, he.
S3: Didn't. He didn't look inside at all.
S1: I'm really. I couldn't be happier to be here today.
S2: Couldn't be happier to be here. Thanks for having me. I'm just tempered. I'm tempered because I know we're going to ramp up.
S3: So we all remember episode number 675 already. I'm so excited. By the way.
S2: Dude, love 675. That's a solid number.
S1: It's a good number. It's a good number. I don't know. You know, when you look at numerology, what it means, but maybe Trav, you can look that up while I while I ask this first question. So you listened to episode 197 and prepping for this show. You listen to it last night. I want to know what stood out that you know, that you or we said in that show that was prescient and you feel is like, oh, yeah, that was spot on.
S2: I think what's interesting is, you know, we talked we talked a lot about the role that these new forms of money, i.e. crypto and. All forms, but Bitcoin and things that we talked about kind of how they were going to unlock and be and disrupt and create some new things. I think what stood out to me was just that it was a it was directionally a great episode to to listen to. I think, you know, we got most of the predictions right. I think what you can't foresee is when the pandemic was going to hit what what the aftermath of that would look like. And now we're kind of seeing that play out. I think there's some disappointment in it. I think in 2018, we talked a lot about places like Estonia and we talked about Lithuania because in the time we recorded that, I had just lived overseas for like 990 days or something. And we we kind of that stood out to me too, because it was talking about how we have been hearing about those places and how progressive they were and how much infrastructure they had been laying down. And yet when I was over there on the ground, like unless you were talking about it with someone, it wasn't like you were tripping over blockchains or tripping over bitcoins in the street, which was kind of the impression I had before going there. And so, you know, we talked a little bit about those things. And I think what's relevant about that as we look at today is I think there's a level of interest that has has ground swelled over the last five years for sure. I think we've seen a lot more growth in the number of people talking about these concepts, the number of institutions that have placed a bet on the future of things like Bitcoin. And yet the apathy is probably at an all time high. And I think that there's, you know, if you wanted to be concerned about stuff, you could be very concerned right now in the midst of this current kind of global banking crisis, if you want to call it that. I think we I think we.
S1: Are going to call it that. I mean, it's what it is. And we're going to we're going to delve into these these five forces that are driving. Trav, did you come up with what numerology tells us about 675?
S3: Well, 675 would be six plus seven plus five is equals 18 and one plus eight equals nine. So it's a good Tesla number number nine if you're doing that. But number you know what that is?
S2: You know what that is? Number nine is the number of completion. So maybe this is the last time I'm ever going to be on the show. Maybe.
S3: Maybe so. You know what's interesting, though, is like we've had a lot of conversations, Joel and I. And then also, you know, you and I as well, Chris, around the everything bubble, right. And how this right here, this and there's a book called The Everything Bubble. We've read it. We've been talking about how things are probably going to go. The financial system is going to be some big cracks in it eventually. And we've talked probably going to be some cbdc central bank digital currencies coming in. How's it going to happen? Little did we know that we were going to see the huge economic cracks in the system as the same time as we're seeing these ginormous advancements in artificial technology and other technology things. It's like it's like this whirling dervish that's going on right now between the old world financial system and the new technology system sort of simultaneously. We're at a pinnacle. It's weird.
S4: Hmm. Well, let's let's take.
S1: A look at these then, because we have in our show notes, which you guys can check out all five of these forces that we're going to be talking about at bad coding forward slash six, seven, five. The first one, Chris, is you noted that the demographics of the world are changing pretty quickly, especially here in the United States. Talk about that.
S2: Rapid fire. We've lived on the last 50 years of essentially the ME generation, which was 78 million boomers, which most people have known, kind of investing in the markets, buying stuff, consuming stuff. And now they are in a position where through the act, if you don't have time to get into, they are now forcibly having to withdraw from the markets systematically each year. And what's interesting is, again, demographic wise, that was supposed to happen when they hit 72, they pushed it back last November of 2022 to the age of 75. Now, the reason they gave was so that boomers had more time to invest in the market and pad their retirement. That's one. If you had a tin hat on or if you're just putting some logic and reason together, you might think maybe they pushed it back because they can't have millions and millions of people withdrawing from the stock market at the same time. Nobody else is buying into it. Right. And so it was.
S3: 65 years old, then it became 72. Now it's 75.
S2: As of November of last year at 75. So, you know, so these demographics matter. People don't like to talk about them. Macro guys argue over them. But at the end of the day, like, you can't you know, you can't discount the fact that when you go back 50 years, they were 25 year olds. Right? And they were looking at the same thing at 25 year old. Today is in different time. Right. They were looking at Dow at 972. They were looking at, you know, bond market in the double digits and a real savings rate where you could actually save and earn money. They were looking at affordable housing compared to their average median income. And so they were looking at yield curves that weren't inverted and that were up until the right. And so growth and possibility and future prosperity, i.e. investing in my future all was in the asset classes that we've known and love the last 50 years, Right. Real estate bonds and stocks. And if you're a 25 year old today, you don't see those dynamics, right? You got the Dow at all time highs and it doesn't connect to the actual Main Street or real economy because multiples are out of control. We've had 15 years of zero interest rate, well, ten years of zero interest rate money, 15 years of almost near free money. And so everything was risk on. And these valuations, as Travis said, you know, in this everything bubble kind of blew up every asset class to levels that really don't make sense and have gotten unaffordable. Rich have gotten far richer, pandemic accelerated that, you know, with several people adding $100 billion to their net worth while, you know, 500 million Pfizer.
S4: Oh, sorry. Did I just I sorry.
S1: I sneeze.
S2: So so I guess, you know, the demographics force is real. You have a bunch of boomers that are our parents age and that plan to live for as long as they can and probably will live longer than their predecessors because of advancements in science and health. And yet they have, you know, a dwindling, limited supply of fixed income. And so what are they going to do? Well, what all of us would do, if you don't know how long you're going to live and you have a certain amount of assets to write it out, you start cutting costs, right? You sell your second home, you you live with the used car. And so as you exit the consumer market, there's there's got to be someone to replace your thrust. And and right now, you know, we're in a position where consumers have carried the US economy to the tune of 70% of GDP for the last several decades. And we're loaded up in debt. You got 3.9 billion people on the planet on the other side of the planet under the age of 39 that are digitally native and that are kind of emerging markets from Southeast Asia to what have you. And so there's these interesting shifts in where the future of consumption will be. Digital assets will be probably more purchased, whether it's in the form of skins or avatars or things that people maybe don't fully understand yet, then physical assets, or we'll buy physical assets with digital representations of them. And again, how we move that around the world, how we hold that in our quote unquote wallet, whatever you think that is, has to be connected to the three core values, which we'll talk about, I guess, in a follow up here, because that's another force of the difference in a 25 year old today and what they value and why that why that is a indicator of, I think, where we're going from a consumptive standpoint. But we'll take a breath and, you know, kind of talk about whatever.
S3: So Force One, global demographics are rapidly changing. That's true. I mean, you talk about the boomers and how they were so big consumers because because it rhymes with boomer. So you got to be a consumer. And so now those things are changing. And we're talking one of these other forces around geopolitics, right? We're talking about some of this other stuff that's going on. China's going to come up. But right now, you know, ten was a 15 years ago, 2008, when we had the other big boom, the financial crisis, then.
S2: GFC baby, the GFC, great financial crisis.
S3: That was the great financial crisis. So what's this one? The greater financial crisis of 2020. You know, who knows?
S2: Time. Time will tell. But I do think this is going to be you know, we talked about next World Order in the title of this. And that's not a nefarious term. That's just the reality of if you look back through history, right, every time we get to some systemic 100 year change or whatever you want to call it, there is a reshaping of the New World Order and who is kind of at the top, who is doing trade deals, with whom, what the what the sanctions are, all that kind of stuff. And for the last 100 years, in ten years that we've had the Federal Reserve and through both the gold standard, then Bretton Woods and then and then essentially 1971 coming off the gold standard, you know, as we've moved through this different thing, we've had this central bank kind of model for the last hundred and ten years that we take for granted as normal, but it's 110 years old. And if you look at books like The Fourth Turning, which you guys have heard me talk about at nauseam, we kind of are in that crisis mode of that fourth turning, which is somewhere around 20, 30, 20, 32 is when we'll hit the peak piece of that. And what happens in that time period is the institutions from the last hundred years are either torn down, fall down or kind of degrade to a level. And then in parallel, what's happening is for a period of about ten years, there's this overlap where the institutions that will rule the next 100 years or the first 50 of the next hundred years are being stood up and they're to replace. And there's like all this disarray that happens in that period, as you can imagine, because the status quo is kind of fighting to maintain itself. But it's it's kind of like, you know, it's a it's a broken down house. Right? It's it's ultimately just going to collapse.
S4: But it's like the movie.
S1: It's like Money Pit with Tom Hanks. Right. You know, that's kind of how they're treating the the US, by the way, as you were talking about new alignments and stuff. I want to point out this tweet just broke that Putin and it's.
S4: Happening right now.
S1: On Russia China, strategic cooperation. And of course, this empowers both both Russia and China. But you alluded to how young people today are valuing things different and want different jobs. So this is this is force number two, right?
S4: Well, yeah.
S2: So force number two is to simplify, you know who another favorite author of mine wrote several books connect to his most recent one. It's called Move His you know, the three forces that or the three values that kind of anyone in the wise generations value are in this order. Mobility, connectivity and community. Right. And if you think about that, that makes a lot of sense with what you've witnessed, right? I mean, everything from the me generation has now become the we generation, including the names of companies that we have, like we work and things like that, right? So mobility is that we collapsed.
S5: We yeah, we crashed. But the, you know, the, the.
S2: Thing that stuck behind with all that are these values that are hard anchored and almost hardwired into their consciousness. And they're not they're not bad values. Right? Mobility is one they they don't want to be contained in a geo a job, you name it. Right. The flexibility that being digitally native and having this $1,000 supercomputer in their pocket is given them and platforms from YouTube to what have you to distribute is this idea that I can live a life on my terms and I can make money whether it's a living wage or whatever, doing things from wherever I want to be.
S5: And so mobility.
S3: That's not just I don't think that's necessarily a Gen Y or a Gen Z thing because I'm Gen X and you're Gen X and you you just talked about spending 90 days over in Estonia. I've spent months here and months there. And I mean, that's it's so much better than being tied in to having a mortgage in some place. You don't you don't want to stay most of the time. Right.
S5: Well, and and quite frankly, you know, it's.
S2: Also a defensive strategy for those.
S5: People who.
S2: You know, kind of really worry about the uncertainties that that kind of faces right now. Right. Is the ability to be nimble is is an actual asset as well. But you're right. I mean, and I think, you know, obviously there's been a lot of podcasts talking about with smart people about this. You know, mobility has penetrated other generations for sure, including Gen X in the sense that the pandemic really gave us the ability to finally work from home in a way or.
S5: Remotely in a way where.
S2: People kind of got hooked on that and don't want to go backwards. Right. And and that's got its own pressures on things from commercial real estate to what have you, right? I mean, if you go to New York today, it's completely different New York than it was five years ago. I mean, I literally was in Midtown looking across at the McGraw-Hill Building from a hotel room, and I counted no less than a dozen floors that were stripped down, bare to the bones across the street. And that's one building out of how many hundreds that that are in high rises. And those office jobs are not coming back. And then when you factor in, I again, not jumping around but jumping, trying to connect these dots for folks rapidly like when you connect the I exponential change that's happening in the deflationary forces it's doing on knowledge work, whether it be accountancy or paralegals or what have you, tell me who's going to be in those offices then.
S4: Let me let me let me.
S1: Make a point about that, Chris, because we just did we just covered this on The Bad I show. If you guys want to check out Bad, I show episode number four, because what happened this week is Google, Microsoft, OpenAI, Midjourney. They all took a huge step up today in what these tools are able to do. And now Chatgpt four can not only pass the bar but can pass the medical exams, right? I mean, it's crazy. And I just read in a newsletter that I subscribe to called Neon Pulse that according to the World Economic Forum, who we all love and admire so much, 50% of all employees will need reskilling by 2025.
S4: That's huge.
S3: We're never we're never going to forget the month of March 2023, folks, and we're still here in the middle of it.
S2: And I mean, you know, and this.
S5: This either this no matter.
S2: What happens tomorrow, we won't forget this week. Right. Because, you know, we've got ECB raised their interest rates.
S5: 50 basis.
S2: Points a week ago. We just saw what happened with Credit Suisse and UBS on the heels of, you know, the SVB and Silvergate thing. And then, you know, without getting into it and all the, you know, economic hit that may have happened to signature, the fact that Barney Frank, who wrote the Dodd-Frank Act, was literally quoted yesterday in the in Wall Street Journal and every well, saying that there was no reason to shut signature down except for the fact that they just don't want crypto banks. Like when you have that kind of stuff happening, it's analogous when China just goes and says we're going to ban Bitcoin or ban this because they don't want capital flight out of the renminbi. Well, they're China. They could do that. And we say, Oh, that's a bad way to govern people.
S5: The way we do it is.
S2: Is the same. We just call it democracy and do it with unelected regulators.
S5: But at the end of the day, like, these forces are real and what they are is they're reactionary forces to the fact that we have so much changing so.
S2: Fast.
S5: That the smartest.
S2: People in the world, the most thoughtful.
S5: People in the world, are struggling to.
S2: Connect the dots on exactly what to do. But at least they're thinking about it.
S5: Those in power realizing that the the power dynamic is is.
S2: Even easier to grab than than ever before because there's so much chaos.
S5: And so.
S2: And meanwhile, like 99% of the world.
S5: Is just walking.
S2: Around, you know, hoping that their real estate stays where it is and they can keep buying their $7 Starbucks.
S3: Yeah, dude, I actually did this. I was like, Oh, my God, everything's collapsing. This is crazy. And then I went outside and I was like, Wow, it's such a beautiful day. These trees and and the ocean. None of this snow that the world's collapsing right now. How about that? It's so nice. Yeah. Maybe I should go outside more and think.
S5: Think. I think that's actually a really good.
S2: Totally off point, but very relevant, Travis.
S5: Which is.
S2: That we have to remember that, right?
S5: Like we have to we have to not go down that fear mongering rabbit hole that is naturally.
S2: Human to do.
S5: When we have.
S2: This much uncertainty. Because at the end of the day, you know, that's the dark side that you're talking to. Joel in the intro, right? The Sith Lords, that's what they want.
S5: They want us to be so afraid of paralyzing. We just follow.
S4: And that's not I am your father. That's right.
S5: And so I think, you know, sometimes sometimes the healthiest thing we can do.
S2: Is even if we're super excited about all this innovation and we're riding, the wave of it is to make sure we get outside and get into nature, make sure that we realize that that sun's been coming up a lot longer than we've been on this rock, certainly a lot longer than there's been central banks or decentralized currencies. And at the end of the day, you know, innovation and art is like water, in my opinion, right? It always finds its level. You can't invent things.
S5: Like once something is in the market, you can't invent it. So whether you like it or not, whether it was good or not, whether.
S2: The unintended consequences were bad or not, you have to find a way to live with it, because once it's invented, you cannot.
S5: Invent it. And and so a lot of the solutions that we need are readily available.
S2: But we have to realize that these forces are causing people to anchor into their corner. And that's kind of what's going to happen for the next probably 5 to 10.
S3: So make sense. So that kind of covers force number three. Then you kind of covered that while we were chatting with that. It's like exponential technologies disrupt and destroy before they create. That's kind of force. Three one people listening back at home to make sure they get that that bullet point. So that pretty much covers that. Here we are. I a lot of this stuff's going away.
S1: There's something that dawned on me, two guys that as we were talking about Force three and I just tweeted it. You know, for years we've joked about, you know, for people who are losing their jobs because minimum wage is pushing up. And and, you know, bots are able to do the job. We've said learn to code. Well, guess what Turns out that was bad advice yeah.
S4: Prompt.
S3: Learn that learn to be a prompt engineer.
S4: Learn.
S1: To prompt.
S4: Is better.
S5: And I think you know, and Travis had a tweet the other day I saw that I thought was really interesting. It was kind of your typical kind of play on words, somewhat joke, but serious.
S2: And it had something to do with, you know, in 2021.
S5: And 22.
S2: We're all excited because essentially nfts and blockchain were liberating creatives and giving them a path to income. And then in 2023, I basically just took it all away, right? Like now it's not necessarily 100% true, but I liked how you tweeted it. I thought it was, you know, a very.
S5: Astute kind of.
S2: Juxtaposition of these forces in real time. Joe, you said something to that I.
S5: Think is relevant earlier, which was that you quoted, I think it was World Economic Forum or someone about 50% of workers need to be reskilling. The arrogance of us.
S2: Saying things like need.
S5: To be re skilled is is so far from.
S2: Empathetic that that.
S5: Again I just think we have.
S2: To get better.
S5: Right As a society.
S6: You don't need to be re skilled or they need to take the job booster.
S7: One of the two.
S5: We just we just have to get more empathetic. You know, nobody needs to do anything right in a free society. People don't need to do anything if if they need to. Do you know, there's a saying one of my mentors had years ago, he said, you have to until you want to and then you don't have to anymore. Right. And I and I think there's a lot of real wisdom in that, which is if you tell somebody they.
S2: Need to do.
S5: Something, you might as well just like they're not going to do it right.
S2: It doesn't.
S5: Matter if.
S3: We don't have to be having this conversation. We like to it's interesting to us and we hope that it's interesting to the people who are tuning in and listening because we like to share this information with you. You want to tune in and listen. No, you need to.
S6: You must subscribe now. You must hit the notification bell. It's must.
S5: Or not. I mean, that's that's.
S2: You know, that's a whole other whole other conversation. But again, I thought I thought that was a really.
S5: Important thing that you said because we don't need to reskill. We have.
S2: The opportunity.
S5: To reskill. Those who don't reskill will have.
S2: To somehow be subsidized.
S5: And so the force.
S2: Mechanism is if they don't want to get re skilled, well then we've got to all deal with it right as society because that.
S5: Means 50% of the jobs that you know are.
S2: Going to be gone over the next 3 to 5.
S5: Years will be replaced in ten, but there might be a.
S2: Five with jobs we haven't invented yet, by the way, but there might be a five year gap there where we don't.
S5: Know even what those things are.
S3: So is that for for like we have to rapidly learn to teach ourselves and our children to think original thoughts. That's not necessarily learning new skills.
S2: No, that's.
S5: It's a segue to force four which is. Henry Ford said it. You know, the thinking is.
S2: The hardest work.
S5: A human being can do.
S2: Which is why so.
S5: Few do it. We've got it.
S2: Even harder than when Henry Ford said that 107 years ago. Because we think we think. But this is actually doing the thinking for us through algorithmic behavior modification.
S5: So, you know, we've got a compound.
S2: Effect there, too, which is we think we're smarter than we are. We think we're.
S5: Thinking we've got.
S2: Still industrial institutions, which, oh, by the way, I and and all these.
S5: Things are going to force.
S2: Into bankruptcy. I mean, like.
S5: 30, 30 to 40%. I've seen predictions whether they're right or not. It's not the point of.
S2: Higher education.
S5: Institutions will be insolvent.
S2: In the next five.
S5: Years because they won't.
S2: Have students.
S5: Like why would you go to school if all you're going to do is teach me to memorize.
S2: Shit.
S5: Right when I can go to charging before, have a five minute.
S2: Conversation and I can crank out something that.
S5: McKinsey spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on. Right? Like what I need to be able to do is think because what human beings can do.
S2: Is they can feel.
S5: They can't write. Human beings can, can emote. I can't.
S3: Human beings can also fart, which is good. It's necessary sometimes.
S4: Guys.
S5: We they can definitely.
S3: Jolt is working on I fart three though so soon will be able to fart.
S5: 3.5 fart.
S8: Yeah.
S4: Smell can.
S1: Teaching people to.
S4: Think for.
S1: Ourselves. You know in this day and age where it used to be that the media, at least in Western civilization, would report on the news and allow people to kind of frame for themselves what this means. If, you know, if you're not awake, it you don't realize this. We are full blown propaganda now from our mainstream media. They are telling us what to think about what's happening and framing things in such a way that the news is incomplete. It's not even up for debate. It's demonstrable, it's provable. And if you turn on the news and you just suck up what they're telling you, you are being mind controlled. And so how do we break free of that? Is is is Twitter, you know, where Elon Musk says, hey, you know, free speech is for everyone? Are these alternative platforms? Do we need new media? How do we fix this problem to encourage people questioning everything?
S5: Well, and that's exhausting in its own right. Right. I mean, you know, Edelman's.
S2: Trust barometer, which I.
S5: Subscribed to every single.
S2: Year, I look at it and I find it interesting. When Travis and I first wrote digital since it said trust was in bankruptcy back in 2017.
S5: This year, their headline, for all their research said default distrust is the default. So in 2023.
S2: Coming into it or 2022 report, whatever the most recent.
S5: One was Edelman Trust Barometer said distrust is the default. I don't think that surprises anybody.
S2: But but again, if we think about, well, wait a minute, what does that mean?
S5: What that means is we're questioning everything already, right? So. Well, we.
S3: Should wait one second on that. The CIA director, William Casey, he actually said this back in the early 80s. He says, we'll know that our disinformation campaign program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. Yeah, they're creating and sculpting our narratives for us. They own the media companies. They tell them what we want to know. Oh, this guy, this people did this. We're not going to talk any about that. Like, we're not going to release any of this information that should be released. Just lying. MAXWELL We're not going to talk anything about this laptop. We're not going to do anything about this. Oh, but this over here, let's all focus on this over here. And so the.
S6: Misdirection and.
S3: Disinformation is just such a complete apparatus at this part at this point that is just really hard for somebody who doesn't know how to think to actually be able to maneuver through the scenario.
S5: Well, and I mean, again, thinking is thinking is a practice. It's an.
S2: Exercise and it's questioning our.
S5: Own assumptions. It's literally.
S2: Being willing to.
S5: Be wrong right before.
S2: We're worried about whether someone else is wrong. My opinion is it's.
S5: It's willing to wonder if we're wrong. What if what we.
S2: Think is inaccurate? What if.
S5: We believe something that doesn't.
S3: Analysis on myself? And I've come to the conclusion that I'm completely correct. Thank you. Next question.
S5: Next question.
S2: You know, but mean again.
S5: Example of it is, is like.
S2: If you were just a question something.
S5: You go, well, what's a what's like a.
S2: Logic pattern.
S5: You might use?
S2: You'd say, okay, so what I heard about about Bitcoin and crypto is it's highly volatile. That's what I've heard, right? If I'm, if I'm just tuning in to the mainstream. So is that true? Is that false? Well, if you look at the pattern, you could you could say, yeah, I mean, the data says it goes up by 50% and it comes down by 30%. You could call that volatile by any reasonable thing. It was at 69. Now it's a, you know, 28 or whatever, but it hit as low as 16. So I had a 67% fall.
S5: But then you hear.
S2: About Tesla stock and.
S5: You hear about Microsoft.
S2: You hear about these things. And and you know, you look at those math and they're roughly the same. They had a 67, 70%.
S5: Drop off last year.
S2: Right. Or at the end of this year. And then you look.
S5: At this week and First Republic.
S2: Bank gets a $30 Billion injection from 11.
S5: Of the biggest banks in the world, including.
S2: Chase. And their stock falls 87% in a matter of days.
S5: What's more volatile than that? Like, again, if it's all volatile. Then I could think and I could.
S2: Go, okay.
S5: So which one of these things is at the.
S2: End of its 100 year cycle or at.
S5: The beginning of the next hundred years cycle?
S2: Which one of these things might be.
S5: There if bank stocks get hammered in the stock market for the last three weeks?
S2: Regardless of the reason, forget why. And every time.
S5: The stock market has crashed in the last.
S2: Five years since I was last on the show, Bitcoin.
S5: Crashed with it. But this time this week, everything crashes and Bitcoin's up 75%.
S1: Yeah, because there's there's not the hedges that there were before.
S5: Maybe. Maybe something's.
S2: Maybe maybe something's happening.
S5: Maybe there's something I should pay more attention to.
S2: Maybe I should finally try and really.
S5: Understand what this thing called Bitcoin does.
S2: That doesn't mean I should buy it doesn't mean I shouldn't buy it, not make an investment advice. What I'm saying is maybe it's time to think.
S5: About do I know how it actually works or do I only know what I've heard? And maybe I should be interested.
S2: Maybe not. Me too. I don't need to. But maybe I want to learn a little bit.
S1: Thinking for yourself is never a bad idea. So that's number four for number five. Kind of goes back to we we kind of gave a picture of what this looks like as we talked about Russia and China signing a deal. Geopolitics is the tinderbox. Right? And, you know, we've got this war and Ukraine and honestly, I'm not putting Ukraine flags up on my Twitter profile, not because I don't support the Ukrainian people, but everything I've read.
S4: Tells me they're all bad.
S1: Russia and Ukraine is just, you know, rife with scandal and innocent people are being treated like pawns and dying on both sides. And I don't think we know what's really going on over there. So, you know, combine the lack of knowledge with the volatility of what's going on in these wars and we have one hell of a tinderbox, don't we?
S4: Yeah.
S3: When I say lack of knowledge and an obsessive amount of self-righteousness in a lot of cases, right. It's like, I don't know anything about this, but by God.
S6: I know it.
S3: All right? A lot of there's a lot of that attitude, it seems.
S5: And again, I think to tie some of this all together. Right.
S2: I think we could.
S5: Say we have a pretty good idea what's.
S2: Going on over there.
S5: What's going on over there is the majority of humanity.
S2: That is involved in either one of those sides is suffering. If you're a mother of a Russian child right now, you are suffering because.
S5: Your kids.
S2: Are being shipped off to.
S5: Be basically.
S2: Executed. If you're the if you're a.
S5: Ukrainian family, you are suffering.
S2: And again, back to empathy like.
S5: We have a handful of of we have this notion that we're protecting our sovereignty or protecting our countries. And, you know, every country's right from their own perspective.
S2: Right. Putin's right from.
S5: His own perspective and wonder how batshit.
S2: Crazy it may be.
S5: He's right from his own perspective.
S2: And so was Hitler, by the way. Right. From his own.
S5: Perspective. But that doesn't mean that. Again, it doesn't mean that it's like it's a good perspective. It just means that you're trying to convince someone of a different perspective and all they're trying to do is control and hold on to more of what they have, right? And in the name of whatever their country or their flag is. The majority of people there are no different than the majority of people here. They want things that their government's not willing to give them. Um, and I'm not saying that government is evil because government is essentially.
S2: The reflection of, of, of the people and what they've paid attention to or what they haven't. But when the, when there's.
S5: Been a monetary controlled interest across governments.
S2: Then you don't typically.
S5: Get representation.
S2: At the levels that you'd like. And these are usually when revolutions happen, both internal and external.
S5: And right now the sad news.
S2: Is that.
S5: We have never come through, at least in the last 100 years. We've never come through a crisis period without going through some form of armed world conflict. And, you.
S2: Know.
S5: 100.
S8: A question to that.
S3: Though, is how much of that armed conflict was part of the greater plan to get them to move society to the way that that the elites kind of want? And that's like a lot of times it's like war is very profitable for the few that it's profitable for.
S5: Well, I mean, and again, the incentives, the incentives.
S2: And all that stuff, that's a whole other conversation. But the incentives matter and everything, right? The incentives around media are about clicks and views and and salacious stuff and polarizing stuff is the only thing that gets that anymore.
S5: So that's why.
S2: We have propaganda at nauseam versus news, right? Because facts don't sell. Right.
S5: And so, you know, the these things happen.
S2: And how do you how do you fund deficits and how do you do that? Well, you you create either war or you focus on environmental stuff because it's the only thing that has an unlimited spend. Right? Like when we had a hole in the ozone layer 30 years ago, we couldn't really quantify how much it was going to cost to fix. So it's the perfect thing to invest in because you know that rocket.
S5: Oh, you know, or war is the same way, right? Oh, that missile that missile is going to cost that $150 Million apiece. Right.
S2: Like it's all made up out of thin air.
S5: To fill whatever gap in the balance sheet needs to be filled. And that's the scary thing, is that this time, though, we do have some real political and ideological.
S2: Things happening.
S5: That.
S2: Will.
S5: Be very.
S2: Interesting to see how they play out. And, you know, I hope that if we truly believe in the best of humanity and.
S5: What this country stood for from its foundation, that will we'll find a way to compromise or we'll find a way to find a way forward that.
S2: Doesn't include us. You know, doing the bad stuff because.
S5: But, you know, we may not have a choice.
S2: We may be forced into the bad stuff. And, you know, we're dealing with unstable people.
S5: On on.
S2: All sides, it seems like.
S5: So including.
S4: Here on.
S1: The show. There's seriously unstable.
S4: People. Yeah, right. Yeah. Yeah. So. So these are all really good points.
S1: Let's bring it together with a positive conclusion. You know, the question is, so how then shall we live? What do we do about this person?
S4: Yeah, I think.
S5: I think, you know, because we're all we're all people that kind of try and focus.
S2: On the positive. First thing I.
S5: Would say is, you know, in the universe, there's there's several laws.
S2: That you can't violate. Gravity's the one everybody's familiar with. Right. Doesn't matter if you're a good person, bad person, if you're freaking, you know, Joseph Stalin or if you're freaking Mother Teresa, you walk off a building, you're hitting the ground. Right. That's a universal law. Speed limits you can violate. If you don't get caught, you can get away universal laws, you violate them, you pay the price. Doesn't matter who you are. And one of those laws is the law of polarity. Right. And that says that you can't have left without. Right. You can't have up without down there. There's a fundamental.
S5: Two sides to.
S2: Everything. So everything we just spent the last five minutes talking about is all the really scary bad shit that's going on in the world with people.
S5: That are maybe overly powered.
S2: And maybe overly narcissistic and all the crazy things that are they're running 8 billion people's lives. And on the other side of that coin is that I just spent two weeks in Europe and I was running around and we were just talking about people.
S5: Suffering.
S2: And we're talking about people living lives and walking outside and smiling. And I saw a lot of that. And I think, you know, these technologies that allow us to have sovereignty over our money, like a Bitcoin or maybe over our identity down the road with decentralized ID or maybe over our assets and our and staying with the revenue streams of our art like Nfts. Over time, these things create fundamental possibilities. These these AI technologies now democratize access to create world class stuff. Yes, it replaces the jobs at Disney and studios and things like that, but it also gives somebody in the middle of nowhere the ability to create a badass.
S5: Piece of anime or culture from a mobile phone. So I think what what we have is we have probably the most important.
S2: Decade of humanity's 10,000 some odd years. I think this month, March of 23, will go down as a really pivotal month and kind of what happens over the next decade or kind of the catalyst and like a turning point. Hopefully that turning pointing good. But I think anyone listening to this this.
S5: Long is trying.
S2: To figure out how to be part of the positive side of that equation. And the way to do that.
S5: Is, again.
S2: Want to create a better life for yourself and want to learn about these tools, not because you need to, but because they can unlock possibilities for you in a world where possibilities that you thought were going to be there maybe evaporating.
S3: The wild time. Thank you so much for coming on the show, Mr. Chris. If you want to hear actually hear more of Mr. Chris, you can tune in to our podcast. Mr. Chris Snook and I do the Web three show excuse me. We do the Web three show and sometimes we're live at the New York Stock Exchange. Sometimes we're not. But we're having some great conversations, having fun. So make sure to check out our YouTube on that. And what else, Mr. Yocum?
S1: Well, we appreciate you guys. And if you wouldn't mind giving us a review, we would really appreciate that, especially if it's five stars. If it's funny, we'll consider it a six star review. Just go to iTunes or wherever you listen that accepts reviews from listeners and go ahead and put that in there. Make sure you subscribe. Ring the bell, tell a friend and we're going to do something really unusual in this episode. We're going to let our guest take us home. Mr. Snook, what have you got to say?
S5: Well, first of all, I want to just acknowledge both of you guys for a tremendous.
S2: Effort these last six years with bad crypto podcast, bad Media, now bad. I you have been consistent. You have been studying. For those of you who have.
S5: Listened for.
S2: Any length at that time, I think you'll be the first one to agree with me that your life is better because of it. So to close us out, if you want your life to be.
S5: Better, like subscribe share.
S2: This podcast, Bad Crypto Podcast bad.
S5: I share these guys with who you know. Stay back.
S9: Who's that?
S1: The Bad Crypto podcast is a production of Bad Crypto LLC. The content of the show, the videos and the website is provided for educational, informational and entertainment purposes only. It's not intended to be and does not constitute financial investment or trading advice of any kind. You shouldn't make any decisions as to finances, investing, trading or anything else based on this information without undertaking independent due diligence and consultation with a professional financial advisor, Please understand that the trading of bitcoins and alternative cryptocurrencies have potential risks involved. Anyone wishing to invest in any of the currencies or tokens mentioned on this podcast should first seek their own independent professional financial advisor.