Joel Comm: A young man walks into the bar and says, Give me a vodka tonic. Unsure of the man's age, the bartender must ask to see his ID in order to prove that he is old enough to order the drink. What if the bartender knew from the blockchain that the guy was old enough without even asking for an ID? He'd be accepting proof with no knowledge of actually having seen the proof. That's zero knowledge, proof or Z. K Pete. Today on the show, we welcome Dore Garbus of the Mina Foundation to discuss Z KPIs and why they're essential to building a Web3 future with privacy and scalability in mind. By the time we're done, you'll have proof that you've got some knowledge of zero knowledge proof and episode number 668. Of the Bad Crypto podcast.
UU: Five, four, three. How are you all working the there? Who's bad? I.
Joel Comm: And you have proof of listening right now. How do we know? Because you're listening to this in your ears, but we don't know that you're listening to it. So I guess we've got no proof that you are because you're we don't know who it is. There's privacy, like when you're listening to shows, right? Yeah.
Travis Wright: That is actually really true. The only time that we know if you're real, who's tuning in is for one, looking at our analytics and seeing the numbers. And then to when you leave a review, mostly when you leave a positive review is when we really know who you are. But when you leave a negative review, it really helps us peer into your soul and see how awful of a person you truly are.
Joel Comm: Yeah, and we've got one of those for today. But we've also got we've got an introduction to Zero Knowledge Proof today, which I think is really interesting once you understand exactly what this is all about. And so Lord Travis is going to come up with a zero knowledge NFT, a commemorative NFT that we are going to give away for free. And we'll tell you how to do that after our interview today. So, Trev, should we get on with the show and and welcome door through the door.
Travis Wright: Come on, baby. Light my fire. Let's go.
Joel Comm: There are many terminologies bandied about in the blockchain world, and one of them that has surfaced again and again. I must confess, I know very little about what this actually means and how it actually works.
Travis Wright: Would you say would you say you have zero knowledge about it?
Joel Comm: I have zero knowledge about it and I am the proof that I have zero knowledge about Z CP'S zero knowledge proof. And that's why I'm pleased to welcome Dawg Barbash to the show. He is with the MENA Protocol. In fact, he is the head of the ecosystem at the MENA Foundation, and we're going to find out what he means when he's going to tell us all about Zeke's piece today. Dore, welcome to the Bad Crypto podcast, sir.
Dor Garbash: Hello. Hello. Good to be here.
Joel Comm: Good to have you. I really I know so little about zero knowledge proof, and I want to learn today. So why don't we start on a really high level? Like, make it so easy that if I were a fifth grader and you were explaining it to me, that I would understand.
Dor Garbash: Yeah, sure. I'll do my best. I think the maybe let's start by why is it good for why do we even care about the KP? I think that's a really great way to start. Okay, three, three main things. Why? Why? This is even like a thing that you need to learn. So first of all, scalability. Okay, We know. We know in blockchain space we have a tiny bit of issue around scalability and their knowledge. Proof is is one way to to address it. And you actually see significant activity on there too, that are building scalability solutions using ZEEK APIs. Okay. The second one we call it for synchronous. Okay. If you look at if you think about. Like blockchains like Ethereum or a lot of other blockchains where you have all these miners staking faking polls, you know, that that need to validate the blockchain to make sure it's decentralized. One of the things that one of the big hurdles they have is the fact they have to download the entire fricking blockchain to validate it. And now it's like many gigabytes of size. And actually it's going to grow and grow and grow over time to be terabytes of size at 1.21 gigawatts.
Travis Wright: But why? Right. So much?
Dor Garbash: That's right. Yeah, but it makes it you know, but it makes this idea of decentralization less accessible for everyday people. And, you know, you just need to have like a giant server farm, etc.. So with the K proofs you can actually and what minute they're, they've actually compressed, condensed this, this, this validation from many, many gigabytes into 22 kilobytes of something that can fit on your wrist and your pocket watch, you know, a smartphone. And I think the third one, and which I personally find the most exciting, is privacy. Okay. We know this is a big, big topic right now. I think everybody cares right now about privacy and how every day it seems like, you know, our life is becoming less and less private. We're getting more and more surveilled, less feel urgency about where our data even comes from. And here's zero knowledge proof. This is a bit like dark magic. Okay? It can. It gives you the ability. To prove, you know, something without revealing what it is that you know to the other party. So I give you an example. Let's say I want to buy a beer. Okay. And I need to prove to someone I'm over 21. I don't know. And it's over 21 or 18, but I can.
Travis Wright: I can approve you. You look like you're over 21. Oh, yeah.
Dor Garbash: Yeah, yeah.
Joel Comm: He's just a very hurt.
Dor Garbash: Someone asked me how I did this to. It's never happens to me. But, you know, with their knowledge, first you can prove you're 21 without saying how exactly old you are. Right. Like the bartender should have. No. Like, why should the bartender know you're whatever, 43? You know, that's none of their concern, so. And so this way, with using this proof, you can you can do it. And a lot of different types of data, you know, from like showing your for example, that your. Eligible to apply for a loan without printing out your bank account in detail and showing all your audio bank transactions and of the balances in all your account and spreading it to many, many people.
Joel Comm: And it's kind of like being precourt, like being pre-qualified for a loan, right? You're like, you gone to the banks, you're qualified, and now you're going to go to a lender and and the bank has vouched for you. Now they're going to ask for proof of that, right? But it's the same basic concept, right?
Dor Garbash: Yeah, I can basically I can mathematically prove to you that I'm indeed over 21, you know, and I have mathematical proof to believe it, and I don't need to take out my I.D. or I don't need to print out my bank records and I can prove I'm a real human without sharing with you my Social Security number. You know, all this stuff. And it's it's a game changer. It's a game. Like, it's hard to think about it because we live in a world where we have to do that stuff, like, all the time. So we kind of take it as, you know, for granted. But in kind of like both, let's say, zero knowledge privacy world. And. People will be able to do a lot more things without being afraid about their identity being exposed or their private information being exposed. It will enable us to do. Way more things in our everyday lives. I mean, you know, I think just like the basic really basic stuff, like being able to to vote, okay, Like everybody on this planet being able to vote. Proving you're a real person, you know, you have legitimacy to to vote, but not to be afraid that your identity or your vote, you know, becomes known to some ruler. Okay. Like so again, as Americans or Westerners, we kind of take these things. It's pretty obvious, but it's actually not a right that's universally accessible for everybody on this planet.
Travis Wright: And yeah, it sounds it sounds interesting what you're talking about, but I think that there's still a core part of this that people don't understand yet. Right. It sounds great. Okay. Zero knowledge proof. You don't need you don't need knowledge to be able to do that. But how is it not manipulated? How is it that it knows it goes with proof of work? I'm able to see the blockchain. I'm able to see all the transactions. It can be proved that this is accurate. That's not accurate. If you're condensing that down to 22 kilobytes and it can be on a thing, how exactly does that work and how exactly is that a better system that would not be manipulated?
Dor Garbash: Yeah. I think this is yeah, I think, you know, it's kind of funny because I think also behind the, you know, these abstractions of the blockchains, you kind of have extremely complicated cryptographic mechanisms, right, that are not really not everyday person can understand them, you know, But although they are do end up end up in the blockchain. So as you know, as proof, it's actually very, very, very, very similar. There is a bunch of. Cryptographic primitives like this very high math that I probably don't want to make now. And I'm actually not sure if I could be the best person. Like, you know, I'm not like a technical genius. Like other people in the foundation.
Joel Comm: Travis could.
Dor Garbash: Go into.
Joel Comm: My maths, just give him a moment to light up and give him some equations.
Travis Wright: Well, the thing is that our listeners, our listeners, a lot of them, you know, they're kind of new getting into the space or they're trying to sort of get a general gist of what it means. And it sounds interesting. Zero zero protocol you zero proof. You don't need, you know, zero knowledge proof, Right. Okay. So you don't need knowledge to be able to do this. But that goes against a lot of what we've told a lot of people throughout the years is that you need to have some of this proof. That's what makes blockchain great, is you can tell this, oh, this $10 here is this person's it's in this wallet now it's moved over to this person's wallet. So I think that maybe the the Z Z copy of it all is a little confusing is like, who's the oracle who holds that truth? And if we don't know it.
Dor Garbash: Yeah, it is. So it's actually in that way it's very, very similar to the blockchain. Right. So you have. You know, the entire blockchain and payments. You know, it's all it's all basically about math, right? It's all about these cryptographic primitives that that work and cannot be broken or hacked to. And this is just 200 notes. Perfect. Just this is just applies for. For proving computations in the same way that you prove transactions. So, you know, without getting too much into the details, there's some hard math in the background that that works and makes sure that the proof is legit. And this is actually like the proof you claiming to have. Is actually like a hard proof. Of course, this requires significant computational research says. But again, this thing for you, you will be able to see them on the blockchain.
Joel Comm: Yeah, because when we're talking about proof or it's 100% like there's no well, we think we can prove it. It needs to be factual. It needs to be completely legitimate. So when we're talking about privacy especially, which I would imagine is the biggest concern for people that are supporting and looking at ways to move zero knowledge proof forward, there can be no ambiguity, just like the Bitcoin blockchain has to be completely accurate. There's no room for error in the ledger whatsoever. Not even one Satoshi can be off zero knowledge. Proof means this is completely accurate. There's no room for fake news in this protocol.
Dor Garbash: Yeah. I mean, it's at least about the specific facts that are being computed and taken as inputs. So it's kind of like, you know, in the end of it all, you know, it's, you know. In theory, you could have fake news, although like the specific fact, you know, about the person's age being above a certain number, you know, it will be true and it will be proven. You know, there's still a limit to what what can be proven and actually proven.
Travis Wright: And now I think, you know, a lot of what's happening on Ethereum is the scalability is not good. I mean, I saw a tweet just the other day from a top game developer who said, look, though, most blockchain gaming is not going to happen on Ethereum. It just can't because it can't process enough power at one time. There's not enough transactions and it would cost way too much money and gas to play some of these games on Ethereum. Now, what you're saying to us, it seems like, is that with the Z pick Z, KCP excuse me, zero knowledge proof is that you have an oracle that says, Here's the truth and we have to trust that. But then we could do a lot more transactions per second. So it would seem like Web3 metaverse, blockchain gaming, game fight type of stuff, play to earn could work a lot better, maybe on one of these types of things. And you said that Z KCP is like a blockchain. Are you saying it's not a blockchain?
Dor Garbash: No. So if you if you think about it, to go first of all, like. You don't need to trust someone who provides as copy, you know, because you can. You can compute it yourself. Okay. So you can run. You can validate and run this calculation. It's the same s And I think a secondary thing is am. That? Yeah, One of one of the key things that can happen in a business that can happen off chain, like the computation can be off chain and you can actually. And I think this is like the stuff, it's kind of it's hard to wrap around. You can actually. Prove a certain computation actually took took place. Okay. So it's actually like. Better than Oracle's in a way, because you don't need to trust. And if you don't need to trust the Oracle. Am. So I think the physical piece is a group is a cryptographic primitive. And it's not necessarily a blockchain per se, but blockchain can use this cryptographic primitives. So Mina uses descriptor back to back cryptographic primitive, you know, to make the broth, to make the blockchain process more succinct. Or we use this primitive to build zero knowledge apps. So privacy preserving apps. But but it's not the same as, you know, it's just another technology that can be on top of auction.
Joel Comm: You guys call this programmable privacy, right? So why or why is zero knowledge proof so essential for the Web3 experience going forward as opposed to what are we what do we have right now apart from zero knowledge proof one knowledge proof like what's what is? If you're not using zero knowledge proof, what are you using? You're using a public blockchain, right?
Dor Garbash: Yeah. Using a public blockchain, which has a lot of benefits. But, you know, let's put this analogy in your everyday life, right? Like, imagine that every single transaction you make with your your credit card and purchase is going to be forever posted on the public ledger and everybody can see it, which is basically what's going on, you know, a second or a second way to look at it. Think about if every time you you voted or. If for something or signal something, you know, everything is like under public forever, even if it's like 50 years from now, you know, and like where we're at, anything we're saying now would probably be like, not, not be fit, right? You know, everybody can everybody can access it and connect it to you and your your offerings. Okay. Like the zero privacy here. And, you know, this is actually I would say probably like this is worse than what's going on in Europe, too. In terms of privacy, at least at least in some applications, you know that that private information is only visible to a few corporations. Right. Or, you know, corporations and governments and not generally to the entire public.
Travis Wright: And they love that. Right. The governments love the fact that you can go in and trace where that Bitcoin came from. You can go in and trace where that Etherium came from originally. But what you're saying is you're going to go from zero privacy to a zero knowledge proof, which will then sort of mask your identity but still allow you to transact. It seems to me that that's going to be something they're going to try to outlaw down the road, too, as they move towards this, the central bank digital currency type thing.
Dor Garbash: I think there's actually a wide variety of privacy use cases. And yeah, it's. I you know, I don't know what what people would like to legislate then or not. I just know that I just believe that that a world where. Individual privacy is is protected if is a better world.
Joel Comm: This is different than like like a monero or a Zcash where it's a masked address, but there's still a public chain where you can see the transaction that took place, right? I'm assuming that somehow this is like next level from that.
Dor Garbash: Well. Well, first of all, like, like, you know, make me know layer one is is public and accessible, but. Yeah, when you do. When you when you were using the K apps. Yeah. That's a that's a that's a different matter. And then yeah, you can benefit from all these like. Privacy features.
Joel Comm: So so we're both really deep into Nfts. How do you see zero knowledge proof applying to, you know, Nfts and, and, you know, gaming assets and metaverse, all of this, especially when we're talking metaverse, we're really, you know, privacy could be a huge issue for people.
Dor Garbash: Oh, yeah, definitely. Yeah. I mean, if you can think about it together. That's very fascinating. I think. I think just. Well, I think privately owning and if it is as a starter, that's like a pretty good, good start. I also believe that a lot of initiatives are kind of used as almost like a reputation system. Okay. Like kind of a way for you to. Showing you you've been to places, you accomplished things, right? You get an NFT, you know, it's almost becomes like a diploma. So I think people can start to add. You know, do good. Provide value. Get recognized without revealing their entire identity. And I think this is great, you know, especially if you think about. All the other spaces in third world countries where people don't even have basic human rights. And. Yeah. I don't know, like. Are there any other use cases you are also interested in or fascinated with? And if this is kind of not my not my expertise, but it's very fun conversation.
Travis Wright: I think it's interesting when you when you're just talking about all of the use cases. And so I'm looking at some other product, you know, some other places right now where it's talking about, you know, for one, the blockchain side of things, finance and how Zeke, Zeke, KP is going to work on that. Online voting sounds really interesting to me because there's a huge problem when it comes to just mail in voting where you can where the mail in votes get sent to different addresses, sometimes multiple people at one address, they fill them all out, drop them in a box, that vote just gets counted and that's not legit. So I would love to know how does Zero Knowledge proof work in online voting and what is the best use case that you've seen so far with online voting So people could participate in something like that so they could get a feel for how legit it is? Because I don't think people at the beginning is going to trust it until they learn to trust it.
Dor Garbash: Yeah, that makes sense, I think. Yeah, Well, Ted, generally there's a bit of a legitimacy challenge right now for democracies around the world where the legitimacy of democracies are constantly challenged. And yeah, and I think having, having mathematical proofs that, you know, your vote has been, you know, your vote is real and being counted is actually would be extremely valuable in that context. And. Let's see. What what was your second question?
Travis Wright: And my question was about what what sort of online voting is out there now? Is there a use case for that where people can go and do online voting and see how it works? And then because I know that there's people who are working on different forms of trying to help people with legislation. Right. To actually give power back to the people. And it seems to me like this could be something that could help give power back to the people if it's trustworthy. Right. So people have to become excuse me, people have to become familiar with that. So what what is working People go to test online voting with with zero knowledge right now. Is there a place?
Dor Garbash: Yeah. Yeah, that's a great question. So. And before I worked in Muni, I was head of governance in HK, which is a cardano's main. Main development company. And where. There we develop privacy. Privacy. Preserving voting. Using the KPIs that actually powered our innovation fund that had more than 50,000 voters participating and using this mechanism, we funded more than a thousand blockchain projects. And with and right now in meNow, we're going to do something similar. And we're basically just you know, we just had this I mean, I think one of the really interesting and exciting things about zero knowledge proof. Is it just. It's so cutting edge right now that literally those early use cases and everything you talk about, like show me, show me an example of how this is being used. This is now being built, right? All these exciting use cases that are pushing the edge of what's possible, the literally getting getting built right now. So we're in three weeks in Mena, We're going to launch an innovation program called Zika Ignite, where people are actually going to have the ability to receive support and funding to actually develop these types of use cases.
Joel Comm: Yes. So actually, for those who are watching I've got MENA protocol dot com up on the visuals right now says MENA is building the privacy and security layer for Web three using zero knowledge technology. You guys can go down the rabbit hole and learn about Z K apps there and you put out this report, The State of Zero Knowledge report 2022. We're gonna have a link to that for you in the show notes a bad code that I and forward slash 668 and you can read about that travel ask questions your sir.
Travis Wright: Well my question is around this I just looked on coingecko I did not see Mena on there. I looked in top crypto categories and looked for zero knowledge proof cryptos. I didn't see any. So what are you know, when people are now going out and doing their own research down the rabbit hole, where do you suggest they go?
Dor Garbash: I think just Google mina mina protocol.
Travis Wright: Is that going to be a crypto? Is that a project? Is that a coin people can invest in? MENA is it doesn't look like it's available yet, correct?
Dor Garbash: No notes available. This project had been you know, we had our main in launch a few years ago where.
Travis Wright: I mean, if you go there we go. It is it's the number one overall. Wasn't popping up on Coingecko when I tried earlier. And that's a token right now. Okay, I see.
Dor Garbash: It's it's an extremely legitimate project. It's actually had many, many years of development, but we're pretty much the pioneers in in this space. You know, we're I think we're we're like really the only ones that have like an actual functional zero knowledge layer one running and. Yeah. I think, you know, if you don't mind me, like pitching a bit, you know, I think I think the other really interesting thing about now is our like, language for developing Zika, a kind of question, I guess, which is like JavaScript. So if like the most popular programming language in the world and when you look at other actors in the space, they're pretty much forcing developers to learn a whole new programming language. Usually like one that is like obscure and was kind of invented. And, you know, maybe there's like a handful of people that are actually like, using it and. While our technology is just way more accessible for an everyday developer to come in and get started and build their own day care.
Travis Wright: Dude, I'm looking at this right now. I'm looking at this and you guys are like 50 something cents right now, but in the all time high you guys are over $6. So just to get to your previous all time high, that's a 12 x. Not financial advice, but if you're saying that you guys are the leaders in this and you guys are creating the technology that that other peoples are sort of building theirs on, might not not financial advice but might not be a bad idea to look into this a little further.
Dor Garbash: I don't think I can come at that price. No, no, it's really my focus. You know? The focus of us and, you know, is actually like, yeah, just bringing this technology to life and making sure there's real world use cases. You know, making sure the ecosystem thrives and and, you know, and making sure that at the end of the day, we're making the world a better place, you know, and we're giving the technologies that. You know, I really wish for us, as the reluctant community like, to kind of move from a defensive perspective about privacy to a more a bit more like offensive perspective. So. So what do I mean? Instead of like trying to fight the fight of like, oh, let's like add if that any future any bit of privacy while whatever big, big organizations of the world are eating into privacy faster. You know, we can just create a world where privacy is a first class citizen that actually enables people to do way more things they just couldn't do before. Okay. I think I think from like when you start to think about, you know, what kind of headache and cost is getting medical records, for example, from from one one provider to another, sharing scientific knowledge from like even even if you have let's say, if you have an embarrassing personal problem. Okay. Like.
Joel Comm: I don't want to talk about that. I don't want to talk about that.
Dor Garbash: Yeah, but like, even if you're if even if, you know, it's like it's funny, but it's also real, you know, like people that are facing a problem like addiction. Okay, So right now, they can take just go out in the world and, like, apply to all sorts of places and find the best service, like a normal market place, you know, because they're afraid for their identity, they're fearful for privacy in there. Their access to services is very limited. But what if your privacy is guaranteed? You know what? If you can talk, share, get your problem treated, You know, getting people to to help, to support you without that fear or like, what if people could be whistleblowers or reports? Yeah. Let's say like, you know, more than, you know, millions of people die from, you know, construction workers die every day because inadequate safety procedures in their worksites. Right. What if they had a safe way to report that? Maybe if they can.
Travis Wright: That's a really interesting use case. I thought you said, what if you could be anonymous so you could talk shit, right? Anonymously. It was when I thought he was going to say, but he said talk is you know, that's really. So you're talking about these whistleblowers. I like that idea. Is there a MENA protocol lab of some sort where you guys are saying, submit, you know, your idea for a proposal? We have a we have some funds over here in Mena to utilize. Is that something you guys as ecosystem has?
Dor Garbash: That's right. Actually in this they said it three weeks. What? I think Zika ignites one. Okay. Which will be distributing three quarters of $1,000,000 in US decision tokens just to be this early seed crazy exploration lab for people to develop those early use cases.
Joel Comm: Nice. So, you know.
Dor Garbash: If you're a developer and you just feel like you want to be on the cutting edge and you want to not just like optimize existing things, but, you know, maybe create whole new product categories, push the edges. We want to empower you and give you that opportunity to do that.
Joel Comm: It's funny because the term zero knowledge, the website says build with zero knowledge. Well, that's me. I have no knowledge. I I'm being invited to build.
Travis Wright: Yeah.
Dor Garbash: Yeah. Obviously that yeah I visit that zero zero knowledge whatever weird mathematician an academic think did not consult the branding agency.
Joel Comm: Right. Hey, this don't have a GED or a high school diploma build with zero knowledge.
Dor Garbash: I right. I know my job well.
Joel Comm: Now I have some knowledge. And.
Travis Wright: And we're having one knowledge now. Now.
Joel Comm: Right now I have one.
Travis Wright: Half of the knowledge.
Joel Comm: To add to my zero knowledge board. Thanks for coming on and share with us today. You keep keep developing over there at it Mina mina protocol dot com is the Web site and you guys can find links to it and to the the report that they released in the show notes that bad code that I and forward slash 668. We're going to take our one knowledge now and go on with the show so thanks man appreciate it.
Travis Wright: I just want to say d'oh! You didn't seem mean to me at all. You seem pretty nicer. Yeah, really nice.
Dor Garbash: Thank you. I think that is a great compliment. So thank you so much. You do have enjoyed the rest of your day. Take care.
Joel Comm: And now you know a little bit more about zero knowledge proof. And it really is a very simple concept, and I understand completely why this is important for privacy.
Travis Wright: Mm hmm. I don't fully understand the mechanisms of it. Right. So I don't know where the vulnerabilities are within it, because it's math. It's math. Yeah. But you know what we're in this space is like, you never know. Trust but verify. And so we can interview this guy, and he can be our verification. But now we trust. I mean, I don't know. It's still it's like I need to know more information about it, because right now I feel a little on a little little I don't feel as much trust as I should have. But it seems like if it is legit and it can do the things it says without having those vulnerabilities, then it might be a good solution for online voting. Potentially. I like that concept. I like I don't like mail in voting. People who listen to this show, they know that, right? It's you've seen 200 mule, 2000 mules. You know, things can be fraudulent.
Joel Comm: You're just being a.
Travis Wright: Upset about it. You're upset about it is what it is.
Joel Comm: If somebody is upset about it and we're going to read their review in just a moment, but I want you guys to know that you can get a free NFT. All you need to be is in the bad crypto nifty club. You go to bad crypto dot, Uncut dot FM is the link to it, and then you want to make sure that you've got one of these spinning nfts in your wallet. $3.24 at today's Etherium price. Why do they cost anything at all? Just so we don't have bots scooping them up? You put something out there for free and all these bots end up with them and then they get all the nfts and you know, we figure bots aren't going to drop three bucks. This is for people who enjoy the show. So go to bad Crypto Dot Uncut FM, make sure you have this. I think we'll do the cut off will be Saturday the 28th. If you don't have one by then you're not going to get the free drop. But if you've got one in your wallet, you will get the free drop, which I have not yet seen because Travis has not yet made it. He doesn't even know what it looks like yet.
Travis Wright: I don't I think it's going to be something that's a little silly, though. It should be this one. I'll probably try to be a little more funny because if somebody has zero knowledge, the kind of probably an idiot, this is a little different. If you have zero knowledge, prove it's a different sort of metaphor, but we'll just see how it goes. I'm literally look, you go look in zero knowledge proof images on a search engine. There's nothing they all look blockchain. There's nothing really that make that goes oh, zero knowledge proof. So I don't know that there is a definitive image of the Internet.
Joel Comm: The Internet has no knowledge of zero knowledge. It's like a double negative. So they got to figure that out.
Travis Wright: Dude, I have had a lot of comments and people messaging me about those Etherium Nfts that we put out. Yeah, those ones I was in.
Joel Comm: Those are.
Travis Wright: Those are.
Joel Comm: Really solid if you did get them, but you don't see them, check out open, see your hidden folder because Polygon Nfts tend to automatically be hidden if they're not coming from a verified collection. So make sure you go and look because they could be hiding in there. Also, a lot of great comments we got from people on the Teka Tiwari. We got some great tweets and feedback, but this guy, Trent Rob Rabb. Trent Crabbe. He's a Canadian, a he's a hoser. And he he went out of his way to write this year review because he felt real passionate about the show. He said it was probably the worst podcast I've listened to a and I'm going to read this in Canadian because why not? I don't.
Travis Wright: Even I don't even see that one on my on the.
Joel Comm: Air. I really enjoy investing in crypto podcast. When I stumbled across this one, I was excited as I saw, the guest was Deka DKA and he always provides good insights into the market. I couldn't be more disappointed in these hosts. These hosers are clowns the way they conducted the podcast. The guy in the background constantly adding his $0.02 with the bad jokes and the main guy sounds very inexperienced as well. I couldn't even listen to the whole podcast because they had my tuk pulled over my ears. Which is a shame because I wanted to hear all that I had to say. I felt sorry Teka. He had to sit there answering these. Your hosers. Don't listen. If these other guys are looking to improve, they should listen to the We Study Billionaires podcast to understand how to interview the professionals at the top of their class. Dare. And now I got to go off to Tim Hortons and get me some food.
Travis Wright: Get a donut and a coffee for you.
Joel Comm: Yeah, we're not we're never going to make beer, Trev. We need we're never going to make it. And GM, I mean.
Travis Wright: I think that's a person that has zero knowledge right there.
Joel Comm: Or he's got to prove he's got the proof, though. So what I want to know is I know.
Travis Wright: He didn't realize that we do tend to put in our $0.02 worth that makes it entertaining, at least to us. And it wasn't irritating to us. We wouldn't even do it because it wouldn't be fun.
Joel Comm: And then the thousands of you that do enjoy wouldn't enjoy you be like, these guys are generic. They it is a guy only. So he said, the guy in the background. I don't know which one of us that was constantly adding his $0.02 with bad jokes. And the main guy sounds very inexperienced. I want to know who's the background guy and who's the main guy?
Travis Wright: Well, you're probably the main guy since you're the one who reads the teaser off that comes off like you're the main guy.
Joel Comm: Then I sounded very inexperienced. I've only been doing broadcasting for a little while.
Travis Wright: BRADY Your voice was cracking.
Joel Comm: For two years now. But you're right. I've got no experience or I don't understand people going out of the way to write one star review.
Travis Wright: It needs to go hang out with Justin Trudeau and get his suck on all.
Joel Comm: Yeah, but if you're a Canadian and you know you like the show, we'd like a five star review from you because we're a fan of the Canadian people. We're just not a fan of Trudeau there. You know, a in in people who are mean mean people sucky.
Travis Wright: Well, I got $0.02 here and I would say, you know, try as you might, we still have a 4.5 plus star review rating of over.
Joel Comm: 4.7, which by the way is 4.5 plus still. But we would have been on.
Travis Wright: Where are you looking at? Because I'm looking at hours on on Apple.
Joel Comm: I don't know where you're looking. I'm just telling you what I'm seeing. And I'm saying when.
Travis Wright: I saw it's like a 5.2 and it's like more than five, we.
Joel Comm: Would love to hear from some others of you with some of the fun. If five star reviews some funny stuff. So go jump over there. Take a minute of your time if you've made it this far and and do that for for the the funny guy in the main guy.
Travis Wright: Yeah it's called the bad crypto podcast like he's over there making bad jokes like, yeah, you don't get it. Go figure. Sorry. Sorry you had to deal with that, you know, ticker. And some point in that podcast, he was he was looking at me like I was a little crazy. He's like, Oh, no, I'm not going to get nearly that bad. What are you just live your life, bro? And I was like, Okay, well, I mean, I do live my life, but I know that shitty people getting in charge of things and economies do tend to crash over time and hopefully everybody is safe and secure when that happens.
Joel Comm: There you go. More conspiracy theories, by the way. Really interesting to see people capitulating on the on the vaccines. Now, Scott Adams, who's a former guest on this show, was one of the people that came out and said, I trust the science on on the vaccines and you should go get them. And he jumped, you know, right in bed with that. And it was just yesterday that he went live on Twitter and he said, you know what, I was wrong. The quote, Anti-vax people were right about this because there is no doubt there is more than enough data now that demonstrates that these vaccines and the boosters actually are more harmful than helpful, according to the data that we're now looking at, not according to opinion, according to the actual data.
Travis Wright: And Kathy Griffin came out and she's looking pale and frail as ever, celebrating her first. Fourth booster that she just got. So congratulations to her. I hope she keeps getting them.
Joel Comm: You know, I don't wish well on I don't wish evil on anybody. I'm just saying.
Travis Wright: Doesn't get as many as you like.
Joel Comm: These conspiracy theories. Turns out that not not a theory realist. And so you.
Travis Wright: Can have zero knowledge of any of that.
Joel Comm: We don't know. We're just critical thinkers and we look at stuff around us and go, What are the motives of those people who are telling us, Fill in the blank, whatever it is?
Travis Wright: And we always have those conversations. It's like, this kind of seems funky. What's up with this? And we're like, Yeah, oh, look, oh, here's another resort. Oh, look at that. And then it tends to come out. If you surround yourself with people who are free thinkers, what tends to happen is you end up getting more of the information that is suppressed to most people, and then you pay attention to that and you read it and you go, Wow, these are this is not publicly available for most people if you're not looking for it. And then you go, Wow, they're not these aren't in our best interests. And so the same people, it sounds like a theory, but the same people who are promoting, Oh my God, we are so overpopulated. We're going to have too many people. We need to do X, Y, and Z to minimize the amount of people, and then they come out later and send sick people in to the nursing homes of grandma and grandpa. They get worse and then they pass on a vaccine. Everybody that just didn't seem logical to me. Turns out we were right.
Dor Garbash: Mm hmm. Mm hmm.
Joel Comm: Just question everything, gang. Think for yourself. Don't let the media and the oligarchs tell you what to think. Just because it's coming through mass media does not mean it is in your best interests. And we're just going to question everything. And I think, you know, we've kind of formed a base around the people who enjoy listening to our show and mostly people that are awake, not woke awake, and at least are willing to ask the questions. And we appreciate you guys listening And those of you who may not fall into that bucket, that's fine. We're glad that you're here, too. We welcome all here. We're not here to ostracize anybody. We're just that it's a show that we host. And so we're going to talk about things that are interesting to us. It is the Bad Crypto podcast, and we are going to encourage you to stay.
Dor Garbash: Who's bad?
Joel Comm: The Bad Crypto podcast is a production of Bad Crypto LLC. The content of the show, the videos and the website is provided for educational, informational and entertainment purposes only. It's not intended to be and does not constitute financial investment or trading advice of any kind. You shouldn't make any decisions as to finances, investing, trading or anything else based on this information without undertaking independent due diligence in consultation with a professional financial advisor. Please understand that the trading of Bitcoins and alternative cryptocurrencies have potential risks involved. Anyone wishing to invest in any of the currencies or tokens mentioned on this podcast should first seek their own independent professional financial advisor.