Speaker 1: Hello, I'd like it. Can you spell etiquette? Good morning everyone, Welcome to Australia. Overnight and now here's my grandpa. Australia's quiet.
Speaker 2: The night rolls on, voices echo until the break could dawn through the dark. There's a guiding light. Three aw keeps us close tonight overnight.
Speaker 3: We share the stories and laughter everywhere from city streets.
Speaker 1: To the outbacks.
Speaker 3: Guys Australia trees as the station.
Speaker 1: Fly Rob, that is a great line I heard. That's always one of the callers. I think you said you could lose your head in a guillotine and you could still keep dancing. It is a great line. Thank you for that. Good morning, City weeks Hard goes n.
Speaker 2: Sonie's voice like.
Speaker 4: A friendly.
Speaker 2: Brings the country close across this.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Dennis Walter, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, we shed here, Maddie there at five double a hello, thank you everywhere. You might be one of the great stations through the ACE Radio network. Good morning to you and jump on board. Give us a call you know you want to one double three six nine.
Speaker 6: Three mid night.
Speaker 3: Softly City wakes Hard goes.
Speaker 1: Now plenty about which to chatter to his voice.
Speaker 3: Like a friendly hand brings the country close across the land.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine going into a shopping center. You're in a shopping center and you're having your nails done, or you might be looking to buy and you shirt or a top or as good, and the next thing there is a massive lan cruise are flying down through the shopping center. You would be left to think wt F. Really now, there'll be a lot of commentary about that, There's no doubt, but just how awful, how horrid that would have been, how dangerous that was there but the grace of God. You would think. Saw that on the news last night, I thought, what do these people think? What's going on in there? Presumably very small brains that says, oh, that's a really good idea. Come and join the program one double three six nine three. For those in Perth, Hello to you, coming up just the other side of ten o'clock your time. Nice to have your company as part of Australia Overnight. You can join the program and for text messages zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. Working on the other side of the glasses, A young and Jackson, Young and Jackson. So that will be the first voice you hear when you ring through lots of things about which we'll chat one and nothing in particular. But I wrote down a little note that says, what's the I thought this was really good? What was your first job? What was your first job? And what did you learn from it? So if you were writing down that first job that you had, presumably as a youngster or maybe is some sort of a professional, what was your first job and what did you learn from it? A little later on the program, we'll catch up with Tracy Sheen. I think it is the person who pretty much is across all things tech in a way that maybe makes this a bit interesting. She goes back nineteenth ninety. She's been talking and helping small business owners. But what I want to talk to her about is AI AI. It's really fascinating for those of us that don't understand. And I put my hand up around that. Is it helping oussie kids learn or is it in fact letting them cheat? Metaphorically? We'll look at that, and plenty of time for your causes. We go through Justine in Burn, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Now I'm really pleased to hear from you her. Just speak briefly with Dennis on the program last night, here on three a w hope you're well fined and safe and things are on the improve.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Well, I was ringing to tell you my oldest son got back from America today. So he's been away from Nelly nearly four weeks.
Speaker 9: A wild yeah, yeah, so I.
Speaker 7: Missed him so much because of obviously what's been happening at home. But oh so nice to having him at home. And obviously he saw a big difference in my husband. So it's sort of slowly turning a corner with the treatment or the radiation and the camot finished now, thank god, and I think we're five weeks into recovery, so we don't know the results until August. You have an MRI, but it's looking positive. So you just take one day at a time.
Speaker 1: Time and at least it's this on the horizon. Things are looking the worst may be behind God willing.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, awful, awful. It's worse than what we ever imagined, particularly the last two weeks of such intense radiation and chemo, which was just you know, you lose so much weight and he had a feeding.
Speaker 8: Tube and you just got awful awful.
Speaker 7: But Peter McCollum, amazing, but it's what you see in the hospital and you're just all ages. But anyway, we're getting there. And my other son, he turns eighteen tomorrow, so Lord here in my prayer. Yeah, getting the license and you know what that wind. But there's another one on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now with the number is the number one son? Who's back?
Speaker 7: Yes, oldest son? Yes.
Speaker 1: So when are we all coming around for the slide night? Look at all the photos.
Speaker 7: Well, he's in bed because he has to be at work tomorrow at what track. So I tried to keep him up till nine and then he's gone to bed. But no, he's great. He had he's had a fun trip in America. He's been there with his girlfriend's family. So I didn't have to worry worry about him. It was lovely. I didn't have to get the phone call that I had previously when he was in Europe and you know, I've lost my suitcase. Mum, I've lost this.
Speaker 10: I've lost that where.
Speaker 8: He was with his girlfriend himself. It was very considered.
Speaker 1: So it's actually so, well, did did it turn up the suitcase?
Speaker 7: Well, that was in Croatia. That suitcase went missing. That's a very funny story. I still tell you that another night.
Speaker 1: I'm still missing.
Speaker 7: He didn't get it when he got to Croatia, but on his return he was adamant that he was going to get his suitcase, and someone told him what he had to do, and he literally went into a suitcase room at the airport and all the tickets had been taken off, and he knew his suitcase, and he said to his mate, who's very funny, I'm not leaving until we get this suitcase. Thirty two. They literally, they literally put all the silver suitcases to one side, and eventually they got the suitcase and they got out of there. There were security guards guns, and he said, I'm not leaving. I know my suitcase is here. That was Europe, whereas America with no problems at all.
Speaker 1: Fantastic justin I love you and leave you. But it's good to know that everything's hopefully on the improved for you. Good on your nice to talk about it. I'll be in Melbourne town morning. Rub you going sensational.
Speaker 11: But you're talking earlier about our workplace.
Speaker 1: Yes, So the idea of etiquette in the workplace or in fact at home, just that overall sense of etiquette is it is it still valued a sense of etiquette.
Speaker 11: Oh made no chance. So at the depot in our life room, we've got one of those water cours. And I've lost count of how many times I walked in try to be tripped to fill the water bottle up, No water left, no water in the core. And yet there's a whole rack right next to it.
Speaker 12: Got four bottles.
Speaker 11: And yeah, one one particular time, I'll walk in, I'll bit Pete off about something. No water in the coller. There's two people sitting in there. I took the bottle out through it across the lunch room. I said, make there's two of you here, Why haven't you filled it?
Speaker 1: What can you to fill it? And robot was the reaction.
Speaker 11: They were all shocked and like I Ca'm down. I said, calm down, How long have you guys been sitting here like I without a word of light. You do not have to move or if you're standing at the corner, you literally turned with his arms reached. There's four bottles within arms for each and yeah, and I've even had times where I've filled my bottle up and there's that tiny little big at the bottom and I've got a cup. I've emptied it out and put a fresh one in for the next purpose.
Speaker 1: Goodness, Yeah, it's not hard rather and I got to tell you it happens all the time. I reckon the big workplaces right across the stre people will identify with that frustration. I've just been down in our little kitchenette here, not far from where I'm sitting now. And look, I'm not blaming anybody, but just a little thing like why am I rinsing? Jackson was doing the same thing. We're out there and we're rinsing dishes that somebody's had a bite to it, and just to put it in the rack soots clean doesn't smell. So when we go out to use the kitchen to make you cup it to you a bit later on this morning, we don't have to look at it, wonderuble three six nine three complain, complain, complain, and we'll do your calls the other side come and join us. It's Australia overnight. We didn't want to, we didn't want to start negatively, but gee, it gets straight up the SNOZ, doesn't it. Yeah, based on one of the previous callers there, we're talking about things that you may have lost when you're traveling. I've often referred to curiously talking about it over the weekend traveling and had this really much love back in the day, green Levi cord jacket and lost. Never know where it went. I suspect I left it somewhere in fairness, and then you go back to find it and gone. Nobody knows where it is. The hotel had no reference of it, completely gone. And for a long time now I've thought to you, I ever wonderer, hope somebody is wearing it, and wearing it to this day with great joy. It was a much loved green Levi jacket. If you happen to ever see that green Levi jacket, could you send it back to me. Tony McManus, care of three aw in Melbourne. Things that you've lost when you've been traveling anywhere around Australia, around the world one double three six nine three, Now, Tiffy, how are you going with your tiles?
Speaker 13: Don't get me?
Speaker 1: So, how did it end up?
Speaker 13: Well, Ahmed is going to help me. I don't know where he's going to get him from, but he's going to help me. I mean he was happy to help me before, But like these days, I like to supply them and then then when it gets his daughters cheaper. Don't get me started on a particular company, don't, honestly.
Speaker 1: So well, let's let's talk about the idea of the tiles for which you were looking. You were being specific about the tiles, and the discussion went around the fact that they couldn't be supplied or word available or not necessarily so much.
Speaker 13: They they wanted me to go Chinese. They didn't wanted me to go Italian. I said, listen, it's my bathroom, my house. I'm going to go with what I feel is best.
Speaker 1: What I would like since but do you on the top of the waz a beautiful.
Speaker 13: And I'm happy to pay for it. But this guy assumed, well, it's too expensive for you. To excuse me, You don't know what I'm going to pay. You don't know what I'm you know, I said, this has been hell for me. It's not just how it looks, it's the fact that I've had a leak. I'm going to have waterproofing done. I said, I just want it to look good as well as function. Well, that's what I said.
Speaker 14: I mean.
Speaker 10: Is it too hard?
Speaker 13: Been too for them?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe I don't know. I just you would think it would be pretty straight forward if you've got a clear idea of the child you're looking for. This is the update, by the way, on the the mold and the beautiful.
Speaker 9: And the ugly.
Speaker 13: But they said that they wanted measurements. I said, you never told me that when I called you two months ago. Now I called them on the.
Speaker 1: Tuesday slow down, slower down. So they asked you for measurements and did you provide them with me yesterday?
Speaker 13: But they didn't tell me that when I first balled them. That's the thing. So I've been getting two different sorts of you know, what they wanted, and it's been confusing for me. I'm tired, as I've actually dropped my nine o'clock way cup routine because I'm that tired.
Speaker 1: Have you got a We're all a bit tired. If he have you got a? Have you got a tyler?
Speaker 14: I have?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Does your tyler sing?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 13: He doesn't sing.
Speaker 1: You need a tyler that sings.
Speaker 13: Well, I could do the singing if my voice wasn't so great.
Speaker 1: We need a Then you get the tiles for which your little heart would desire.
Speaker 13: And I hope that I get to see the metal band that my heart desires as well, But that depends on the support workers too.
Speaker 1: You said little email about that this is a new band.
Speaker 13: Well it's a new wish. They've been together for twenty years nearly. But they've got four albums that I comemeber all of them. But the latest one is called Friend of a Phantom and the band is called Vola. They're a Danish progressive metal band. Some of them they growl a little bit, not a lot, but I don't like all the growling, to be honest. But to be honest, you know, it's very rare that I get to see anything like this yere, because you know, we have a few things in a but not much. We're not known for that. And the problem is, no matter what band it is, they mostly perform at night, no matter who they are, no matter what genre or artists whatever, that's what they do. That's going to be a problem. I hope it won't be a problem, but it might be a problem. I hope it's not going to be a problem.
Speaker 1: It won't be a problem if you're always good to chat, look after yourself. Thank you were fee I Wednesday Gardens morning.
Speaker 15: Yes, good morning, how are you okay?
Speaker 1: I'm well, thank you for asking yourself.
Speaker 16: Shot.
Speaker 15: Yes, I'm fine. I love your show, and I would like to talk about my very very first job making nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 1: Nineteen sixty six, what a year.
Speaker 15: Hey were what a year?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 15: It was good the different times. But you know that shows how much the world has changed now these days since then, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, sixty six was the year that we got the decimal currency, too, wasn't it.
Speaker 15: That's right, Yes, indeed it was fourteenth.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 15: My first job, was my first job ever, was at and can I mention the name.
Speaker 1: Of the it's a cools you can We're not the alphabet. You can do anything you like.
Speaker 15: Well, it was at one of Adelaide's largest centers for people with disabilities of reabilization center called Bedford Industry. Yes, and it was. It's on Goodwood Road at Panorama and anyway, I was a switchboard operator at the time at the beginning, and then later down the track I went into another department what was called the subcontract department. And with that department, particular department work involved like tying strings knots into strings for the abertoires. At the time, packing parcels and lucky dips for Johnny Martin's around, Yes, and oh, cutting cotton for actual mills. I'll forget what else packing nails into boxes for the Sporting Arms Association. Although the wages weren't very flash, but it gave us something to give one something to do. And not only that, but it taught me how to mix and get along with people. And then I moved on. Later in nineteen sixty eight, on the ninth of February, I finished up with them and I went to one of our blindness agencies at the time, which was in North Adelaide, opposite the Children's hospital, and there it went on from there.
Speaker 1: What a great job, wonderful memory. Now, if I put to you, and I said to you, if you wanted to come back here we are the twenty twenty five, how do you think you go in the workplace as a sixteen, seventeen, eighteen year old now to learn some of the tricks based on what you already know. Do you think you could start all over again given the possibilities of artificial intelligence for example.
Speaker 15: Well, I mean I'm halfway there anyway, because as a person with a vision impairment, I use a lot of audio like we have. You know the cassettes.
Speaker 19: We used to of course cassys if.
Speaker 15: You remember them, and they were the order of my day. Plus reading and writing braille. And the other thing too, is with the fact that without braille, people who are blind or vision impaired would never be able to read braille. And I learned it when I was five years old.
Speaker 1: It's a great way to start our next guest, Faith. Thank you for that, Tracy Sheen. Tracy's a wonderful person. She's going to help us talk about AI helping Ossie kids in particular. Does it help them, they'd make them? Does it learn they learned how to cheat? And Tray says, it's no different on how we taught past generations to use things as you say, calculates for example, or I don't know, going online and you know, reading the reading the Wikipedia. I guess these days. Tracy Sheen, good morning, Good morning. It's a love me to have you on the program. Thank you for a little bit of time, given that we were just talking about those things that we learned all those years ago. People now were sort of to some degree, Tracy, reinventing themselves at that younger, younger age because things have changing and they continue to change.
Speaker 10: Look, I don't know if they're reinventing as much as you know that the kids don't know any different. Right, It's exactly the same as your previous guests saying that she had to learn how they had to learn how to read via braille, and I had to get a pen license when I was at school. We didn't know any different. We just had what we.
Speaker 1: Had, the old pen license. Were you an ink will monitor trace?
Speaker 14: Gosh?
Speaker 10: Not quite, not quite. I did have to I did have to prove that I could write in pencil before I was allowed to move to pen, that's right. And I did have to get the calculator license.
Speaker 1: The calculator license, what did that entail?
Speaker 10: Well, we had to prove that we could do long division and multiplication and things before we were allowed to whip out the Cassio.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it. We're going to whip out the Cassio. Exactly what a brand that is. It remains. I mean, Cassio, by the way, do some amazing watches these days as well. The reason that we got Johnny is to talk about some of these things, about how we train younger people these days. What do you got for it? Stras?
Speaker 10: Yeah, look, it's it's really really important. My concern here is that our current crop of students aren't necessarily being prepared for the workforce that they're about to enter. So I think as a whole, as parents, as grandparents, as supporters of students, it's really incumbent upon us to support our educators to get up to speed with exactly what's going on, and to provide the students with the ability to actually lean in and leverage some of these tools as opposed to you know, sometimes perhaps tying one arm behind their back and kind of saying to them, look, you can't really use AI for this because that's not the workforce that they're going to enter.
Speaker 1: So is it the we're clearly I think we live in what's referred to, is it not as a digital age?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, look, I think it's it's about to be, if not now, the AI enabled age, I think is the next phase that we're going to end.
Speaker 1: And there's some people are still concerned about that. What will look Look at what that will look like sooner rather than later?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and look quite right, I think a dose of healthy skepticism is healthy. We need to be aware and mindful. But you know, let's face it, it's here. It's not that it's coming. It's already here. We've been using it for years, whether it's Google Maps, whether it's any of the streaming platforms. Even your show is available as a podcast and all this technology. So it's already here. It's just that we now need to really identify that it's going in leaps and bounds, and we just need to get up to speed pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Tracy, going back to the early part of the eighties, We're got great radio station three b A in Bellerrette and Victoria, and for some reason, I'd purchased this a very small TV and I took it into the studio because I think from memory it might have been tennis it was on. It's a very small TV screen. I set it down where I was playing the records so that I could give updates on the score. Boss of the radio station came up the stairs and said, that's got to go. We don't have TV screens here in a radio studio. Now, as I look around the studio in which I'm now sitting in twenty twenty five, conservatively between the two studios. Five there, I reckon there's another four or five. Conservatively there would be fifteen screens.
Speaker 10: Well, you and I have certainly a lot in common. I mean, if I think back to the early eighties, I was probably busy recording Casey Casem you know, that's the year the old.
Speaker 21: Top forty, the Americans Top forty, exactly hitting the play and the record at the right time and hoping people just like you weren't going to talk over the whole in production so I could capture the entire.
Speaker 22: Song that I wanted.
Speaker 10: So, you know, again, it's just that evolution. It's just being prepared to recognize that the way that we were doing things then is not the way that we're doing things now, and it's not going to be the way that we're doing things in twelve months, three years time.
Speaker 1: If I have people have looked at your website trace, which is called the Digitalguide dot com, what will they see?
Speaker 10: They will see everything from how to adopt AI in an ethical way, how to support kids with responsible adoption, and you know, all kinds of digital literacy and everything in between.
Speaker 1: Do you bring in the little four, five, six, seven year olds in that early.
Speaker 10: I have. I have grand babies that are six and three, and you know it's the old story of if I can't spet the video recorder other than even a video. Now again I'm showing my age, but you know, give the kids that I remember the first time my oldest grandchild looked at a magazine and he tried to pinch and zoom, thinking it was an iPad.
Speaker 5: So I do that too.
Speaker 1: It's great to talk to you, Tracy. Thank you. Have a look at that website, the Digital Guide dot com dot au Tracy Sheen. Thanks for staying up nice and late for us Tracy on Australia every night. We'll do this when we come back. Plenty of time for your calls. Come and join us. One double three six nine three for sending the messages and some of them are hysterical. Well done you zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. Glad to have your company wherever you are right across Australia. The ACE Radio network of three aw here in Melbourne of course, five double a Adelaide and six p E in Perth if you'd like to come and play. And I'm looking at the board, which is most gratifying. Thank you for that, we'll race through some of these calls. Question up for grabs one of the many talk topics that we have and we don't. We don't rehearse, We have no rehearsal, have only very loose plans. My dear friend and a great radio mentor as a lovely bloke by the name of Bob Moore Mills. Many of you might remember the name, certainly do in w A. But Bobby worked in Sydney for a long time, did a fair bit of work at the Old three Ex Wife for a time. I think Bob morble great operator, and he would often say to us when we were young and naive, Tony Mack, whatever you do, don't overproduce. Just let the listeners do their thing. They're infinitely smarter, wiser than you will ever be. And I thought, well, that was a backhanded comment. I've learned that he was absolutely right. Your first job, what did you learn from it? Is the question up for grabs if you'd like to participate. What was your first job and what did you learn from it when you think about it now? If anything?
Speaker 23: David morning, good morning, please Tony please, just three things out to talk to you, please, all right, please, first, I used to ride a pushbike from Hazelmare near Guildford to Dianella. Forty minute ride on a pushbike and forty four minutes back. And I was apprenticed French polisher.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, French polisher. And for how long did you do it, David?
Speaker 24: Oh? Well, we don't.
Speaker 23: Well we're done to my become tradesman. But it was a very hard risk situation back in those times, in the nineteen seventy to seventy five, okay. And after that, I you know, I vanched out into other avenues and so forth, into the building game. But I'm saying but also too one thing is the I remember a song I spoke to earlier, the group called the screen petty singers beans in your ears.
Speaker 1: Don't I can't hear the teacher rugged beans in my ears? Beans in my love? It haven't heard that vs? Yeah love it David?
Speaker 23: Okay, and also too please. Midland City is mentioned in the.
Speaker 1: Chalk I know where the Chicken Man's on.
Speaker 23: You told you about about it killing made away from me?
Speaker 1: I know, just not that far away, David. Thank you very much and always good to have in the program. David. Feel free to call in from time to time we'll find out more about the idea of that French polishes. Any other French polishers are listening. We had a chemist down the road whose name just escapes, But if Gerald Quiggley's listening, he will remind me of the chemist down in Glen Iris shopping center there who was a great pharmacist. I can see his face, just can't remember his name as a kid. So we're talking seventies, and he was also a French polisher. It was a hobby. I guess those sorts of things can often be hobbyed, not necessarily professionally. Pete Melbourne Hio, Peter, Yeah, to there you go. We've got a really good line for you this morning. You're not driving.
Speaker 25: That's the same line, Tony. I think. I think it's going wrong on your end.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's our end. It's our fault. It's the nine network's fault. It's not your phone, Pete, it's the great conglomerate that is the nine radio network.
Speaker 25: It's very biased wing, I think. So anyway, that's right.
Speaker 1: Hang on, what's that got to do with the quality of your phone?
Speaker 26: Uh?
Speaker 25: Whenever, whenever I attacked the right wing, my phone usually starts breaking up and then call back and then say her later and saying so so.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Can I just take that up for a moment, because I'm fascinated by that. So so you think that many of the conversations we have, by definition so called right wing, whatever that means from the.
Speaker 25: Morning until your show, that's right wing, right footed, right fingered, right everything. You're the only one that sits on the fence, which is good, And you're the only one who gets my phone call. All the rest I'm barred out of everyone making phone calls in the morning afternoon.
Speaker 1: You've been really.
Speaker 25: They've even banned me on the sports as well. Some reason, I think the protecting the so called announcements. For some reason, I think we're too harsh on them.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just fascinating that that is the case. Do we ever ban anybody? Jackson? I don't think we ban people. Do We try not? We try not to. The only thing we stop is that really revolves bad racist, nasty coins of course, of course, and people who.
Speaker 25: Swear I'm open to all the two. For the last year and a half, I might never come across that bad, have I not yet?
Speaker 26: No?
Speaker 25: Yeah, exactly, I'm hurrying up in the morning regarding that that carlor roll off, roll off the ramp, remember.
Speaker 1: Run off the ramp?
Speaker 25: Pt the car that fell off the ramp of this morning, the rink is up.
Speaker 1: I told you, Oh, yes, she did mention that I beg your pardon better you did call back. Yeah, that was we were going into the bricking program. Correct.
Speaker 25: Yes, And what happened again today at Northlands.
Speaker 1: Right through the shopping seat, just bizarre, unbelievable.
Speaker 25: It's it's a bazaar, it's suppos it's a bad time. It's a bad time. And then when I asked you had yesterday as well regarding the war and that you said, there's nothing to be worried about. You shouldn't be scared.
Speaker 27: For you, I think we.
Speaker 25: Have to be a bit scared, Tony, because if everyone thinks that we're boll proof, everyone can do everyone anyone can do what they think they can do and get away with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure. I'm not too sure that's scared is the right word, Pete. I would like to think that we are smarter than just being scared. I think we've got to be aware, We've got to be acutely aware. Of what's going on in the world. We've got to be acutely aware of what may potentially happen down the track and be ready for that as a nation.
Speaker 25: Of us as a nation, I don't think we can be ready for anything with other people turning me our future. No other countries are going to say to us, Australia is going to have to do this, Ausra is going to come helpless for this.
Speaker 1: Those what are those countries saying that?
Speaker 25: Well, America is saying that, China is saying that, Israel saying that, Russia is saying that. Ukraine is saying that. I say, if you as goes to war, I think I'll call us for help. Yeah, we need to go to wall We're gonna call us, Well, don't we that's the whole point of orcers.
Speaker 1: Well, well, historically that's been the case. Whether another is going to live as be as prevalent as it once has been, God only knows of this stage, Pete.
Speaker 25: We just signed a quarter of a trillion dollar contract for Walkers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's still under negotiation. I think as we speak, Pete, I want to find out one of the people have to say. It's always good to talk to you and for the most part, you're always welcome on this program. Let me tell you one double three six nine three is our telephone number. We will do this. We'll go to Adelaide, we'll go to Arthur Justin. You can come and join us as well wherever you are right across Australia, jump on board. Have your say, one double three six' nine. Three good. Morning stack of EMAILS i looked at, yesterday replied to a lot of. Them in, fact have replied to all of. Them you can do that overnights at THREE aw dot com dot au overnights at THREE aw dot com dot. Au one in particular pointed out The President trump the family have released a new. Phone it's a new. Phone the question is still trying to be. Determined how much of that, phone if, any is benufactured In. America Kot Chin, Kachin. Kachins somebody pointed out too that we had our politicians got to pay rise because of the remuneration. Tribunal it's what they do and part of that process policies get a federal politician to get the pay, rise and lots of other people inside government get a little snippet of that as, well and people sort of go into a meltdown about. That that is. Understandable question THAT i ask is did anybody notice that the sort of sums of money that the president earned last, year according to a lot of, emails suggested he picked over five hundred million dollars in revenues from products and ancillary little side. Businesses five hundred. Million can you imagine the mountdown In australia we'd have if our senior leaders were making on the side five hundred million dollars a. Year sharon In, Adelaide, Hello.
Speaker 28: Hi, tony lovely to talk to your.
Speaker 1: Game you, Too, Sharon thank You.
Speaker 28: Hi next month marks fifty years That i've been in the workforce and my first JOB i was able to leave school BECAUSE i had a. Job it was in a tax accountant's office AND i did shorthand that i'd learned at high. School So i've been doing shorthand SINCE i was, fourteen AND i currently work for a chairman of an organization AND i still do shorthand in my job.
Speaker 1: Today, Oh, sharon you would have to be one of the best in the state hitman.
Speaker 28: Shorthand AND i still have my text books and one of them is a dictionary with just a every word that shows a shorthand outline for that.
Speaker 1: Word does some of the younger ones that you've seen come through as sharing over that, Journey do many of them still do a little bit of? Shorthand if, any.
Speaker 28: There are a very. Few Before, CHRISTMAS i caught up with a lovely lady THAT i met earlier on in one of my. Jobs i've only had three jobs in my. Life one of them was for a company for thirty two. YEARS i did do four jobs within that, company two of them for twelve years. Each AND i met up with a lady from one of those, jobs and she did shorthand as, well and we were talking about. IT i, mean it's probably only some journalists that do shorthand now, exactly But i'm very very glad to have learned, it And i've done it even in my own own not just in my, roles but in my own life outside of. Work i've written things in.
Speaker 1: Shorthand so if you were if you were doing a shopping, list, yeah if you're doing if you're doing a shopping, list would you tend to do that in your?
Speaker 24: Shorthand, yes good.
Speaker 28: Point that's the type of Thing i'm. MEANING i would like to add that What i've learned from working is to stay, positive that change is, constant and always put your best foot.
Speaker 1: Forward how important because we're going to talk a bit a bit later on this morning. Etiquette the idea of old fashioned etiquette was that always does it remain? Important? SHARON i think. So.
Speaker 28: Yes you can tell the people that, Like, yeah you can tell the people that have that the chairman THAT i work, for it's such a pleasure to work for this person that's feeding the role for over fifty. Years you would say he doesn't need to, work but he's still there at the desk on A friday at six.
Speaker 1: O'clock, yeah it's what they.
Speaker 28: Do, yeah very very privileged to work next to this.
Speaker 1: Person final question THAT i, Have sharon for you, is given this amazing career that you've been able to, have do you still continue to? Learn?
Speaker 28: Oh definitely you have to because AS i, said change is constant and you need to keep but with. IT i do management payroll AND i have to load to a super, fund and you, know you need to know what you're doing because you're responsible and accountable in your, role and change is constant and you're still learning. THINGS i need to know how to load this super to Super, choice and how to DO stp loading payroll to the tax department every month now?
Speaker 1: Month yeah, yeah well but we could do a whole Thesis sharon on how the technology around a lot of that has. Changed i'm so pleased you call through and we'll talk again soon.
Speaker 10: Hopefully, yes because it started with a.
Speaker 1: Backus that's exactly right it. Did it started with a backs for those who remember, sharing that is just, brilliant lovely way to finish. Up thank. You one double three six nine. Three started with a backus one double three six nine. Three I'm tony. Mcmatus It's australia. Overnight good, morning, Amen, maxie Says. Tony make my first job was pushing a broom at a storeman's. Assistant WHAT i learnt was and in a hurry you stay home on your rostered day. Off that's, Funny. Maxie it is a straighter. Overnight you'll call straight up To gabe's.
Speaker 29: News you're listening To australia over eyes With tony.
Speaker 1: McManus, okay we're up to. Date thank you one double three six nine. Three and for text, messages keep them, coming we sort of get so, many many of which are, outstanding some a little, unfriendly a little. UNKIND i don't read the ones that make comments with REGARDS i really make comments about previous, callers BECAUSE i don't think that's the intention of. IT i, mean everybody's entitled to a view in an, opinion and clearly including, me don't always completely understand what it is trying to be said by way of, commentary and that's WHY i, question and people get a cross WHEN i question. It, however put that to one, side SO i don't read texts about people making comments about another. Caller but this is a really good one From. David good morning to. You in today's fast paced, world being aware is more vital than. Ever we're constantly bombarded with, information whether it be, news social, media global, events making it essential to, pause, reflect seek truth that's so, important and seek the truth his, side her, side and the. Truth awareness means understanding not only in what's happening around, us but how it affects others and our. Environment calls for, empathy critical, thinking mindfulness in our actions and, reactions whether it's climate, change social, justice or just. Misinformation conscious awareness empowers us to make informed decisions in a world that often encourages. Distraction awareness becomes a quiet, strength guiding us to live with, intention, compassion and. Responsibility, david that is a. Cracker i'm going to print that out and put it up on a. Wall it's. Fantastic james.
Speaker 30: Morning you know the Keyboard warrior's, right.
Speaker 17: They're on your show every. Morning are that?
Speaker 1: Correct Keyboard?
Speaker 17: Warriors you just mentioned text day mentioned text about when text text bet out of? Calls?
Speaker 24: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, often often people will often people by way of, comment will, say will make, comment and often it's quite unpleasant and. Nasty SO i. DON'T i, DON'T i, DON'T i don't repeat those on heres What i'm.
Speaker 30: Saying, yeah well.
Speaker 17: You're welcome to send down, man just in my bank account and your bare minie there.
Speaker 1: You go make a quid. Now And, wilson do you Remember Ann wilson from the Band. Heart?
Speaker 17: YES i remember At barracuda and ALL i want to do is make love to.
Speaker 1: You magic, man some great Chore.
Speaker 24: Alan.
Speaker 1: Wilson each is fright and she's seventy five today And wilson is. Seventy did you see that The Kennedy center Where heart came out and did their version Of stairway when the members of Led zeppelin were being offered honored to The Kennedy Center.
Speaker 17: Awards, NO i didn't see, That tony a.
Speaker 1: Heart doing heart doing that wonderful rendition of Led Zeppelin stairway to. Heave it was.
Speaker 17: Fantastic i've got an interesting one for, You, Tony, RIGHT i really rang. About it was Pum county's birthday.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, right it was eighty, three now is?
Speaker 24: It?
Speaker 17: Yep, now AS i have mentioned this to, you this is the Daily it's one they've done in my website back in two thousand and, nineteen the Twenty. August, right the headline Is threety po McCanny is pot making his anger tar picks by flat flattening coins.
Speaker 30: On a railway.
Speaker 17: Track it's part being worth one point two.
Speaker 1: Billion oh, GOD i hope that's. True it's probably, not but it's.
Speaker 17: True it's got pictures of, him picks of him on the.
Speaker 1: Track, oh that'd be. Right that's what he does in his spare, time goes and gets makes his picks from.
Speaker 5: PINS i wouldn't.
Speaker 17: Put it past, him, Mate, SERIOUSLY i know a little people have got, money, Mates honey and believe you, me they all live for to Direct, well which doesn't make sense to. Me, WELL i, mean you, know if you've got, Money if you got, money you don't have to worry about spending, money you.
Speaker 30: Know, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's, poor is? That AND i don't. Know i'd love to Be i'd love to be Interviewing paul McCartney and, Say, paul is it true that you go get out of, bed go to some railway, line put some coins on the railway, line have them flattened by a, train pick them, up then go, home have a sleep and then use them to play the.
Speaker 17: Guitar apparently he reckons they make better picks than the ones you can.
Speaker 31: Buy.
Speaker 1: Apparently, YEAH i hope that isn't an interesting. Story and if it's, in if it's in The, GUARDIAN i have no doubt it's probably. Right good on Your, james you wanted to say BEFORE.
Speaker 17: I go is one of my favorite fans of all. Time it's the birthday of the Late Tommy davido From Four.
Speaker 1: Seasons oh, yeah what what a great body of, Work, James thank you for. That the wonderful Four. Seasons we ever play them a bit later ON Ardiei agi good, Morning.
Speaker 24: Good, Morning tony And. Jackson besides being a paperboy after. SCHOOL i THINK i told you alls training mechanic At Chastin bowls AND i think he went. DOWN i was just wondering if there's no way that will be there.
Speaker 1: Now The Chadson bowl, Gone so you would that have been? There were you working at The Chadston, Bowl.
Speaker 24: Laddie mid, seventies very mid seventies.
Speaker 1: Old SO i reckon somebody will let us know when That Chadston bowl disappeared From, chadston presumably when the great Mister gandell took over and, said, well we, reckon we can do better than, this and.
Speaker 24: DID i don't see any bowling centers like that.
Speaker 1: Anymore, well it's a good. Point where would you go bowling Around?
Speaker 24: Australia, Now, well there used to be one right next to the For SKay railway, station but that disappeared too.
Speaker 1: Gone there was, One i'm going to Say Camberwell.
Speaker 24: Bowl he's at an outdoor it's one of doors this time was an indoors well for tenpin.
Speaker 1: Bowling, yeah but they were never, outdoor were? They?
Speaker 24: Oh ten? Pin, yeah he is a different. Thing, Yeah, WELL i just remember the.
Speaker 1: Working, no not as opposed to lawn. Bowls, Yeah i'll got a mixed. Up, yeah So i'll tell you lawn bowls are?
Speaker 10: They you?
Speaker 1: Love? This WHERE i used to work for a bloke called Mister. Watters what is news? Agency WHEN i was a little kid in Glen, iris down near The glenarras railway. Station and on A saturday they had The Sporting globe would come out and that had arrived with one of the late time heralds on A saturday night and you'd go down to the little bowling club in Glen iris where all the bowlers were coming off and they were tired and, emotional and at that stage they had a couple of beers and you could sell them the papers FOR i Think i'm going to say the paper itself may have been thrippence because this is before, currency so it must have been about sixty, four sixty, five sixty, six and they'd give you, sixpence so each time you got a deal you were making a really good percentage in.
Speaker 24: TIPS i remember the sixpence. Pennies.
Speaker 1: Yeah but when those newspapers went up to the full, price let's say they moved them up very quickly up to the, sixpence you were no longer making any money in terms of the. Tips, YEAH i remember that bloody paper boys were being affected by. Inflation do you.
Speaker 24: Remember the shillings that you had to put in for the?
Speaker 1: Games?
Speaker 24: Mader you did.
Speaker 1: Shilling it's like and hence the great, expression the great expression the two bob, Watch arthur crazy as a too bob.
Speaker 24: Watch that, expression the too bob, watch.
Speaker 1: The old too bob. Watch look at? This thank? You are? That always good to? Chat thank? You Campbell well oad Was camberwell BALLS. Jc thank. You helicopter flying up and down the street as we. Speak, also we'll watch that around the que. Area thank you for that text one double three six nine three Are. TIVY i need some help with some shoes and a heel talking about a click andy click heel that ladies like to wear when they go out. Here, however, however however WOULD i get up To, HOWEVER i can't have them too high BECAUSE i don't want to lose my. Balance it's a very. Point so you're trying to find some new, shoes is? That what are you looking? For Tiffy maggie, Morning oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ok Born Tony. Yeah amongst so many concerns that we all, have you, know, locally nationally and. All, yeah the whole lott and also inclusive IS. Ai how do you see this as a possibility of killing talk back?
Speaker 32: Radio nor?
Speaker 1: Distinct distinct distinct Because i'm not actually. REAL i AM ai robot speaking to you, Now.
Speaker 9: Maggie oh, no, no, no, No i'm asking you. Seriously oh, LOOK i.
Speaker 1: Think the time will. COME i suspect the time will come that you won't need a. Host there'll be No Dennis, Walter there'll be No maddie at Five DOUBLE. A there'll be No Stephen mills at six pr In, perth or A Carl langdon hosting a breakfast. Program it will be. Done in, fact one of the networks has already started to do, it oh WHICH i won't mention it BECAUSE i don't want to give them any media publicity for. It but it's already. Available don't don't you, know disguise it as anything. Else it's already. There in terms of. Talkback to be able to have these, CONVERSATIONS i think less, likely but who knows what the next ten to, fifteen twenty five fifty years will.
Speaker 9: Hold the absolutely, scary particularly.
Speaker 1: NO i don't think it's, Scary. MAGGIE i think it's part of just the human. Evolution i'm sure people thought when they you, know when we had gas, heaters probably thought it's a bit scary because we don't need fires. Anymore people might have thought that people are really scared of electric. Vehicles BUT i reckon there was a time when we had petrol cars and people, said, well we don't want to give up our horse and. Cart people thought it's going to be scary if we're going to give up our horse and. Cart but nobody want to go back to horse and, cart, now would? They?
Speaker 27: Oh, look get, Me, Oh i'd love to go.
Speaker 9: Back there'll bend. Time Oh, god IF i had the opportunity and it's stuff to part, DREAM i would love to take one back time.
Speaker 1: And do What meggie.
Speaker 9: Just have been a simple life.
Speaker 1: Or what showed up as a simple.
Speaker 13: Life well without, No.
Speaker 9: Oh, god you've caught me on the.
Speaker 24: Hop.
Speaker 1: NO i, know AND i don't mean to do, that but many of, us AND i include, myself nobody is more romantic, about you, know the, fifties sixties and seventies than. Me BUT i just wonder whether would we really want to go back to those. Years would we really go back, to you, know all the things that are available to us, now would we want to find out go all the great joys that we have in life now and go back to the, sixties, seventies. Eighties?
Speaker 9: Maybe, Yeah, YEAH i, WOULD i, WOULD i would.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it's a great talk, Topic. Maggie we'll see what others have to say about. It one double three six nine, Three come and have your say when you're ring through to the. Program australia overnight we no longer have anybody that works as a human behind the. Glass we now have artificial. Intelligence we just call him young And jackson and so all staff have. Gone it's now a robot answering the phone and when you ring through you'll hear this. Voice oh, no would you like a Doctor Tony polish? Broadcaster this is an interest. One thank, you Doctor John polish. Broadcaster Off RADIO Obf radio In clacka replaced presenters with AN ai host going back last year twenty twenty. Four few weeks later they abandoned the experiment due to public. Outcry THE ai hosts just did not sound sufficiently. Human, cheers thank you Doctor. John lots of emails and text with regards to bowling. Clubs bowling clubs are tenpin Around. Australia you Can Tenpin, Bowl Greensborough Bowling Grimshaw street In. Bandura thank you for. THAT i think there's one in my, rabbins Says. Rob as well A Victoria, Gardens Northcote bowl is well and truly got Cat tony and Young An. JACKSON i learned things from my first, job of, course but just wanted TO i wanted to tell you the best piece of ADVICE i received in my working. LIFE i was working as a secretary typist in a bursu's office At Uni Wa Wa. Uniuwa i'm assuming and one day he came, in saw the inbox was full and overflowing and, said, quote you, know if you don't get on top of, it it'll get on top of. You it's a great quote and it's, simple but sometimes we forget if you don't get on top of, it it will get on top of. You AND i find it's true of life and always. Relevant no true words were. Spoken that's From Elizabeth now In. Adelaide Thanks lizik of you as they. Said post nine to eleven says the text ending in five eight. Zero be, alert not, alarmed and if you see, something say. Something thank you for. That here we Go leo, morning good.
Speaker 25: Morning where are.
Speaker 12: You i'm in Clan burn AND i just did a suspicious dlop off another.
Speaker 1: Package really and so, well let's say two pious so you pick it?
Speaker 12: Up, no THEY i go to the house he. Dropped they put it on the back off front, seat and THEN.
Speaker 24: I just drop it.
Speaker 12: OFF i mean it's you, know there's no obligation for me to report it or ANYTHING i usually. DO i have done in the, paths but it takes two or three days when the people get back to you it's not worth, doing.
Speaker 1: Which is disappointing. Really but wouldn't authorities wouldn't the police want to? KNOW i, mean if you were duplicating that right Across, Australia let's say there was five to ten of those Across australia every, day perhaps.
Speaker 12: They'd be fifty to one hundred an, Hour i'd.
Speaker 1: Say, okay So i'm being. Conservative let's say there was thirty of those Around australia overnight each so there's a lot of so, called as you, say drop. Offs wouldn't you think authorities would be inclined. TO i don't, know map that keep records of that for future, reference if, not if charges couldn't be immediately, laid just to get a sense of some of that.
Speaker 33: History, well unfortunately they don't seem to want to. KNOW i, mean there is a way to know where majority of the deals are being, done And i've offered it to police and no one's ever, said send an email to this person or this.
Speaker 1: Place you.
Speaker 12: KNOW i don't know if they want to know or don't want to, know or what it. Is BUT i, mean, look when you're talking about the usually IS i pick up somebody they got to somewhere up to see a friend to give them money they owe them in the middle of the night AND i turned, AROUND i, say, oh, yeah no a drug deal and they go oh AND i, say, hey so my first. Radio, anyway they got a friend's place to get the money out of them and then come straight. Back, now that can, be but that's just as, general small person that time person getting some marijuana or whatever they, take and it's just. Unfortunate it's never going to be.
Speaker 1: Stopped there was a Great skyhook's song many a year ago with the lyric when The sun sets Over carlton and you're out to make a, deal look out who you're talking to and make sure it is. Real it's.
Speaker 24: Real, yeah good.
Speaker 12: Point but generally like, That i've never heard a. Complain but another thing THAT i was TALKING i was thinking. About remember once upon a time we used to have typing pools we.
Speaker 1: Did there would be many people listening across The australia right now that would work in those in those teams of young women just there for.
Speaker 12: Typing and it was there was a. Sonographer it's a type one hundred and twenty words a METAL i think the minapause seventy but some did one twenty one to forty words a.
Speaker 31: Minute.
Speaker 1: Yep and what about those wonderful people that worked in in courtrooms right Across.
Speaker 12: Australia, yes doing the transfer strength the transcribing that's, right that's recorded and then transcript lata and you have to pay whatever dollars per.
Speaker 1: Page and even in Our parliament's.
Speaker 30: Leo, yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a great.
Speaker 12: Skill BUT i, mean but our unemployment rate's still very. LOW i mean despite all the change and all the jobs have. Gone there was a GUY i my brother used to know who did a four year apprenticeship as a mattress. Maker in those days it's all done by. Hand now it's all done by.
Speaker 1: Machine what a mattress? Maker, yes and.
Speaker 12: There was an apprenticeship of four years really so yes and, yeah LIKE i, said they did this, well no one does the appreciate. Anymore but there's no need for. It it's all done by machine.
Speaker 1: Or brought in, mechanized, mechanized.
Speaker 12: Mechanized all these frames that they're coming in a big bail and you just open it up and they all expand and all get. Predone that's always to be done by.
Speaker 1: Hand of course things have, Changed, yeah a lot of. Change how old when you when you think about your, mattress just to change the, subject how old would your mattress?
Speaker 12: Be one problem have at the moment Is i'd say eleven years?
Speaker 1: Old eleven years? Old SO i, think based on what we, know the recommendation is that you fling it out after you, know eight to ten.
Speaker 12: YEARS i believe that someone come. Now ONCE i got was a twenty five year warranty on, it not that anybody ever claims on that. Warranty, yeah of, course SO i expected the last fifteen twenty. Years but mine is also a pocket. Spring they're the best you can buy only BECAUSE i used to sell mattresses and there Were, YEAH i had sold one to a lady with who complained about the price when she saw it when she husband decided to buy. It when she, did got. Delivered but then two weeks later her son comes over and buys them one for. Himself because what had happened was that what that hasn't had a ritts aleg, syndrome restless new mattress once they got the new mattress with the pocket. Springs literally remember the old commercial where they used to put a theme roller across the other person that didn't disturb.
Speaker 1: Them, yeah that's that was a great ad that was like, that but it is.
Speaker 12: TRUE i mean the other, Person, yes you. Reckons it was the best night sleep she had in years because every time his leg would, skate she and hill a.
Speaker 1: EMO i think that's. FANTASTIC i wonder mattresses Across. Australia, Lee i'll let you, go thank, you stay, safe we'll talk. Soon how many people have got a very very old? MATTRESS i reckon there would be people that have a mattress that would be older than ten fifteen years just asking for a friend one double three six nine three Helf and do you choose your mattress and when you get a new, one does it feel as if you, think, well why didn't we do this years? Ago and you look at the price of. MATTRESSES i mean we just did a quick. Shirt, Well leo was talking. There you can pay as low as sort of three four five hundred dollars up to thousands of dollars for a mattress working on the floor at the stocking, change Says. Bruno High, Mount gambia still has ten bin. Bowling are very strong and it's in the same spot it's always, Been, marty thank, you just a little cheeky thank. You ten pin Bowling Southern Cross hotel there it was many years ago The Southern Cross hotel had a ten pin bowling. Place good on Your sandra will come to you, Next brian And justin In. Frankston is the money going to be? Forthcoming we'll find out the other. Side just thinking that call From, leo who is An uber, driver can you imagine where Around? Australia he, says probably hundreds every. Day, however even if there's fifty a day Around, australia you would think that the authorities would like to be able to have some. ACCESS i don't know how it would work given privacy, laws but some access to that the twos and froze of that sort of. Movement if it is indeed a, Thing leo, says it's a, thing it's a well known. Thing why wouldn't We why wouldn't authorities want to?
Speaker 9: Know?
Speaker 1: Who, how, why where and? When would that in any way be? Helpful but AGAIN i guess privacy laws so here if, police for, example were doing a check on an uber driver and they, said but didn't know it was An uber, driver like you go through the breath of lasa in a drug, test and then you gave him by the, way we might have a look in your. Boot oh we'll have a look in your. Boot what's in your boot or in the back? Seat, oh by the, way what's that? Package i'm not sure it could be. Drugs wouldn't you think that there would be some interest in? That just asking for a friend another great, topic AND i wish we could talk to our great Friend Marny lischman's probably a bit late to Get marney. On if you happen to be listening, money feel free to call in one double three six nine three talks About you'll love this young And. Jackson if you love your partner but find the bathroom habits, Irritating you're not. Alone from towels on the, floor make up smears on the, sink the toilet seat left, up these small habits can create big. Tension it's no surprise that many couples are adopting the growing trend called the bathroom. Divorce don't you love? It much like its, cousin the sleep. Divorce this isn't about ending a, relationship but read defining shared. Space couples who once use the same bathroom decide to, separate separate their, routines, belongings and even Daycor these private spaces reflect individual, habits, values and comfort. Levels for, many the bathroom divorce marks a shift towards healthier boundaries and more thoughtful co living in a modern world where critical divorce is on the, rise it's important to actual. Divorce, rather it's important to communicate our needs to our partner and find solutions together to avoid. Conflict bathroom. Divorce what bathroom habits have you been in trouble? For hashtag discuss one double three six nine Three bathroom and bedroom? Divorce is it a? Thing Sandra, Ringwood good morning morning to. You, well have you been through a bathroom?
Speaker 8: Divorce, NO i can't SAY i. Have But i've got to be really careful because now THAT i have divertesn't have to use INSUL i have to be REALLY i, have and my manual dexterity is not what it used to. Be and it happened last night WHEN i was. INJECTING i dropped the used syringe on the. Floor oh, Yeah so you, Know i've got to be really careful that that that doesn't, happen you, know so very.
Speaker 1: Much so how long have you Been how long have you been self injecting? Assundra, no probably.
Speaker 8: About two, years and you get used to it and the other the other thing THAT.
Speaker 18: I don't.
Speaker 8: KNOW i don't know Whether i'm doing it, properly But landic and old just doesn't seem to be too. Bothered BUT i often find a you, know blood, spot you, know and you, know and a little bit of blood spurts out from from the vein WHERE i, injected you, know and.
Speaker 30: Ouch is?
Speaker 1: It is it? Uncomfortable?
Speaker 8: Oh, NO i mean you get used to. IT i mean, people so people get a bit of a bit of the horrors WHEN i tell them what what's. Happening but what can you? Do either you do that and you, know, well, YEAH i mean it's for your, health isn't. It so, anyway.
Speaker 34: That's not WHAT i rang up.
Speaker 8: ABOUT i rang up to talk to you about Most, wait that's.
Speaker 1: Not Why sandra Rang why did you Ring? Sandra?
Speaker 8: Oh, WELL i was saying To, jackson you were talking about. SHOES i think you're talking about high.
Speaker 1: Heels if you said the note saying that she was looking for a particular sort of style or a shoe not too, high not too, short as something that showcases the calf.
Speaker 8: Muscle, no BUT i was thinking back to WHEN i was still at school and my mom used to have to take me Into David jones to buy my shoes BECAUSE i have AN e fitting in my, shoes and she used to have to take me to actually be fitting for my, shoes and she used to have to buy me an e, fitting which was.
Speaker 1: What the width was at the. E.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Yeah i'd still still have to go to a proper shoe shopping and, crying year and and by by you. Know of, COURSE i know they have the feeding THAT i. Needed and you KNOW i have to pay about two d and twenty dollars for a.
Speaker 1: Pair of, Shoes so that's is? It because you have a slightly wider.
Speaker 8: TUTTI i have a much wier wider foot year AND i know that this shoe shop In, croydon you know that they cater for people like me with wider, feet you, know.
Speaker 1: Handy and if you if you're walking out two hundred dollars for a pair of shoes on a semi regular, basis how many pairs do you have and then for how long do they? Last, Well i'm.
Speaker 8: Sort of wearing out one period of shoes, now and when the sale was, ON i went in and bought another pair in the same style BECAUSE i like this. Style they're, sandals BUT i MEAN i wear in this this cold THAT i wear a socket with, them you, know so don't like food or warm but, NO i really like, them and you don't like The dietress remarked at how good the style is from my? Feet So i'm you, Know i'm not doing anything deetrimental to my food, Either and.
Speaker 1: What about anything that's a little more casual like a running shore or a walking issue that you might find FROM i don't know a. Company you, KNOW i.
Speaker 8: TRIED i tried wearing a runner no, good and, well you KNOW i. Did it didn't last very, long AND i went to that that really expensive what's that really expensive foe? SHOP i can't, think BUT i brought a pair of New balance runners and they didn't last very.
Speaker 1: Long well that surprises me because that's the brand THAT i was sort of thinking. About so because it just when you say it didn't last, long how long did it last for?
Speaker 8: You probably probably only a couple of.
Speaker 5: Months you really for?
Speaker 1: Walking, yeah, YEAH i, mean.
Speaker 8: And you, KNOW i try Because i'm getting a little bit you, know, stiff stiff as the. GIANTS i like to try and get my walker out and just walk down to the, shops which is you know a little bit of a distance like and you, know so SO i put these sandals on AND i walk in in and, yeah SO i get a bit of exercise every.
Speaker 1: Day good look after. Yourself it's always good to have you on the. Program thanks you very much for your call us. Runners those that those that do a lot of. SPORT i don't know how many people are up thinking about going for a run this time of the, morning this time of the. YEAR i guess probably. Not but for those who do a fair bit of, sport if you're looking to go and buy a you, know a really decent, shoe And i've been looking at them in the last few, weeks some of which are on, sale most of which are the ones THAT i would look at and Not but you look at the you, know something for about a hundred fifty to maybe two hundred and fifty plus dollars for a really smart, shoe and THEN i never know whether you get the one that is designed for, running do you get the one that's made for? Tennis will probably not no longer playing a lot of. Tennis how do you make those decisions about which is the one to that works for? You and Then sandra says she got a pair smart peb a new, balance great, brand then doing it for a long, time and then only this seemed to last a couple of. Months why would that Be, Brian good morning to you In. Richmond, hi good, Morning.
Speaker 35: Tony i'd love to go back to the sixties.
Speaker 1: Again you, go please do what well you're saying you would like to go back to the. Sixties i'd love to.
Speaker 35: Go i'd love to go back to live in the. Sixties there's followed. Things for the. Music, no first of, all there was, football was real. Football it was tough rugged that's one. Ye dancing dancing needs to be at the town.
Speaker 1: Halls of, course.
Speaker 35: Yes work there used to be lots of jobs, around no mobile phones or very little and the hotels used to close.
Speaker 1: Ten o'clock or six.
Speaker 35: O'clock dancing dancing was at the town.
Speaker 1: Hall, yes six o'clock. CLOSING i forget about six o'clock. Closing when you think about, it how weird was that? Really? Yes and that if you wanted to get a beverage there are all different ways of getting a, beverage but you certainly couldn't do it at a pub at six. O'clock the six o'clock swill that's, right.
Speaker 30: Yes and do you know WHEN.
Speaker 1: I started working at The Hilton hotel In, melbourne so we're talking about seventy three seventy, four on the front desk there was you couldn't get a feed in the hotel on A. Sunday there was nothing. Opened it was just bizarre when you think about that, now the bars wouldn't. OPEN i think there was bars that would open from about four. O'clock the front bar at The Hilton hotel then would open from four o'clock for a few hours and only for house.
Speaker 35: Guests so what did you do for the lunch?
Speaker 1: Meals oh, well staff would have lunch out the, back but for guests they couldn't eat there or have a drink there during the day on A sunday and the only place that was, Open, Yeah. Sundays sundays there was, nothing and we'd have to find out waste or places to find where you could send guests who were coming in from overseas and so we'd like to have something to. Eat where do we go and Say i'm, sorry everything's closed, Here And i'd send them to including Don lane in those days and send them down to places Like vlados In. Richmond the only place was. Open. Yeah times have, Changed, Brian so you reckon you go back to the sixties?
Speaker 27: Happily, yeah.
Speaker 35: Definitely and in the FOOTBALL i remember after the games afl if you go into the rooms and made the.
Speaker 24: Players that was.
Speaker 1: Great that was fantastic when you're. Kid in, Particular, BRIAN i agree with you who do you barrack For DID i Say, Hawthorn, hawthorne well. Done you're having a pretty good. Season you'd be happy so, far wouldn't.
Speaker 27: You, yeah we're just.
Speaker 35: Saying in there AND i don't know if we. Can we're not going as good as last.
Speaker 1: Year well you could. Be it could Be melbourne geelongs might. Kip, Yeah, yeah you got to say they're looking pretty. GOOD i agree with the dangers just on fire at the, moment isn't? He, brian thank you for that one double three six nine, Three and look at the. TEXT i bought some new shoes and they happened to be THE nb wore away the stuff in the back after six months of where, Gee i'd be taking them back if that was, Correct i'd be taking them back and, say surely this, product which is advertised and has this amazing reputation for whatever, reason didn't suit. Me and after six months, GONE i wonder how many cases you're done in that pair of. Shoes it's a great text ending in FIVE a zero one double three six nine. Three it Is australia Over tony, McMahons, Morning, bruno thank you for your, Text, sirs says as a twelve year Old Tony macker working in my godfather's coffee. Shopper or here we, go what could possibly go? Wrong? There the godfather's coffee, shop the back rooms filled with cigarette, smoke legally or illegally. Gambling, now if you live a cigarette the middle of the g, at the passive smoke will get. You, well that's. Right The nike, Man i'm A nike, man Says. ROB i have to replace my, Sneakers nike Air. MAX i bought their foot G i've only had those for two. Years turns out That i've had them before the driving foot had worn a little bit on the. South there you, go thank. You the Ones i'm speaking at the weary at the moment Are i'm just looking assex. Assex but, see these ones are really, comfortable great in here for. Work i'm not too sure THAT i want to go running in them now because they're probably at least a couple might even be three three years. Old oh, yeah but probably. Enough do you have in as do you put in a soul's in yours most of the? Time? Yeah pretty flat, feet so a bit of extra support that helps, ME i find that's. Right as you get a bit, older you're looking for a bit more support because of the flat. Utgies Chris, Mine Morning morning.
Speaker 19: ASSEX i find the. Best they're so, cushiony and you put them, on you feel like you could just jump off a building with.
Speaker 1: Them, yeah they're pretty. Good very they're pretty. GOOD i. Agree that's not, why but that's not. Why chris. Rang, wow why did you? Ring?
Speaker 36: CHRIS i heard you just mentioned about how nothing was open on A.
Speaker 5: Sunday, yeah well there was not.
Speaker 1: Much. Yeah.
Speaker 19: Oh it reminded me of that famous line When Zazaga boo came to momourn she's.
Speaker 5: Screwing what a? Dump she? Said nothing is up and?
Speaker 19: Downing it, said? Dump what do you?
Speaker 24: What?
Speaker 1: Doyear would that have been The zaza.
Speaker 24: Came, JEEZ i don't. KNOW i don't know she.
Speaker 19: Was she in amaze is or anything that was seeing, Now, No i'd have to google it didn't come.
Speaker 1: Up would have been sixties or. SEVENTIES i reckon it must be seventies seventies.
Speaker 35: Trying and google?
Speaker 19: It are you doing? That?
Speaker 1: Yeah, NO i except THAT i go back and there'd be people that worked in the hotel industry right across the radio where particularly where the licenses were certainly not operating on A, sunday and even cafes and restaurants were really, limited very very few would be open for a.
Speaker 19: Lot, yeah oh there would be nothing, open nothing, open not Even maya or anything was.
Speaker 1: Nothing and so you Can, yeah and in those days you're back In Colin. Street you'd be the only car park out the front of The Hotel australia In Colin street on A. Sunday, yeah there'd be no one in the, city not good.
Speaker 24: Foot WELL i.
Speaker 19: GUESS i, mean, now you, know it's the. World we move around so much with airplanes and things are just, NonStop so you have to be. Open BUT i don't know the people still land In melbourne for shopping and that as.
Speaker 35: Much probably, not.
Speaker 1: But WELL i think they. Do a lot of people from W. A i know a lot of people From South australia would often on a regular WHEN i say, regular once maybe twice a, year jump on a, plane jump in the, car drive For, melbourne just purely for the shopping at certain times of the.
Speaker 27: Year oh, YEAH i guess so there.
Speaker 1: Yep there's a lot of. That there is a lot of.
Speaker 19: That, yeah, well, YEAH i don't come into the city much.
Speaker 5: ANYMORE i used to be in there every, day So i've lost touch with, IT i. Guess BUT.
Speaker 19: I used to be in there every.
Speaker 1: Day no great need to do it these, days, Presumably.
Speaker 35: Well, no not, really nah, no but.
Speaker 19: YEAH i guess people still do coming every.
Speaker 1: Day it's lovely to actually go into the, city whether you're go into the heart Of perth where you're going to the city Of, adelaide whether you come to the city Of melbourne at the heart of a city and the pulse in the, field is still a great thing to. Do probably when you get a little, older you're not so inclined to do those trips into. Town but, gee when you're younger and you've got young kids and you take them into, town it was always a bit special back in the. Day you'd even get dressed up just to go into the. City Kaye podson's in The Australia Every night. Newsroom bring us up to date in just a. Moment have you ever had a bathroom? Divorce have you ever had a bedroom? Divorce you know when you sleep separate, bedrooms sleep and single in a double. Bed you know WHAT i mean.
Speaker 29: Is australia overnight with tiny McManus.
Speaker 1: Won't have your company wherever you are right Throughout, Australia good morning to. You it might be six pr In. Perth, hello nice to every. Company one double three eight eighty. Two you can jump on board all those great listeners right throughout the wonderful state Of Western. Australia one double three eight eighty two is the number you call through the. Rest it's one double three eight one double. Three i've had a mental blank. There one double three six nine. Three thank. You one double three six nine. Three and if you're sending a message zero four double seven six nine three six nine three break news as a. Sea and then are reporting That japan's Nip On. Steel japan's Nip On steel has finalized as planned to buy one hundred percent of THE us steel Despite President trump's past opposition to that. Deal, oh we won't be Happy Japan's Nipon. Steel who would have thought to buy one hundred percent OF us steel Despite trump's past? Opposition can you imagine those meetings at some point later? Today lots of things about which we can. Chat one double three six nine. THREE i had a shower, yesterday young And, jackson as you, Do, yeah that's good to. Hear thank. YOU i just thought i'd, share had a bit of a, snooze WOKE i think you run about, eleven SO i didn't have much of a, snooze woke round about eleven and then Thought i'll just do some, reading did a little bit of, reading and drifted back to. Sleep it woke, up had a shower run about one, thirty AND i noticed WHEN i got out of the, SHOWER i like to. Sing now people have heard me singer who don't ever ever sing on the, radio AND i must stop doing, it SO i promise YOU i. Will BUT i got out of the, shower and BEFORE i knew, IT i was singing a theme from A tv series THAT i haven't heard or thought of for probably fifty. Years i'm thinking that, long, really it would be fifty. Years AND i don't know, why but it came to. Me felix the, cat the wonderful wonderful. Cat now why DID i think of that? Particularly? So felix the, cat the wonderful wonderful.
Speaker 37: Cat feelings the, cats the wonderful wonderful.
Speaker 26: Cat whenever he gets in the, things he reaches into.
Speaker 18: His bag of.
Speaker 26: Driggs felix The, cat the, wonderful wonderful. Cat you laughed so, much your sides will, leg your heart will go fit a bad. Watch And felix and The Wonderful.
Speaker 1: CATS i, mean it's just. Easy it's, gorgeous and people would remember. THAT i would imagine right Across australia at the theme Of felix The. Cat, now let me think the great television programs that you AND i Knew love sixty, seventies eighties right through that featured A tv show and an. Animal and so when you think about, IT i, mean SO i know it's pretty. Broad and briefly before you were here, yesterday When jay was in the, chair young And jackson we were talking about something came up About Rin Tin. TIN i can't remember, why BUT i, said go really, well Little. TIMMY i think it Was Little timmy who said, it would say to the, dog Go, rennie And rennie would rescue your attack whatever he had to, attack because it was a GREAT tv. Show Rint In, tin you're glazed. Over you have no idea What i'm talking. About it's not One i've. Seen In. Tin you tell the younger ones today And mayde yesterdayn't. Understand but you've got a FAVORITE tv program that featured an, animal and it could Be felix the, cat it might be rint In Tin and obviously the one that's going to jump out for most people would be you can't think of one, either dot dot, Dot, yeah dot dot. Dot so we'll let the audience do it one double, three six nine. Three we'll take some, calls have some fun with that as we go through the morning together At Nathan good, morning, Morning.
Speaker 32: Tony i've heard you And sandra talking about shoes.
Speaker 1: Before we were talking about, Shoes, yes we. Were and the diffinently some people have of finding the right shoes That tiffy sent me four point two million texts good on your tivvy talking about how difficult is to find the correct. Size not, easy she, says it's.
Speaker 32: Not it's my, fate my, fate my fate of WITER i spent eight, hundred eight hundred dollars on, shreets on a pair of, sets, really, yeah BECAUSE i was with my feet and it's this SHREET i bought COMES i have to wear like AN ai for support my. Leg, yes AND i have to spend eight hundred dollars on pair.
Speaker 1: Of Streets and where would you buy, Those, NATHAN.
Speaker 32: I bought them come under the name of the. COMPANY i don't know the company in. BUSINESS i have to go to the. OUTSIDE i had to go downside In melbourne to go and get.
Speaker 1: Them so what in the city area outside the, CITY i, mean there's a, beautiful very high end shoe shops.
Speaker 32: And at the outside Of melbourne Me carton and.
Speaker 1: All that round counting around that. Area there there you. Go and when you buy a pair of, shoes you're going to pay six and seven and eight hundred dollars for a, Pair then for how long will they?
Speaker 6: Last they last?
Speaker 22: ME i had them for.
Speaker 32: Six over six, years and so.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good if you've Got if you're getting six years or more from a decent pair of, SHOES i would have thought that represents pretty good.
Speaker 32: Value, yeah and they still laving for a part at. All WHEN i was, WALKING i had neally had to spend like two hundred dollars on a pair of. Shoes there you, go, bounces and NOW i don't have these ones last me for a long.
Speaker 30: Time, yeah, yeah good on.
Speaker 1: You and are they leather or are they a different? Leather? Weather and always, black, black always, black always, black always. Black there you, go good, Onion, nathan thank you for. That look at all these, callers great shows that featured at some, point and it could be in the, jingle it could be a, storyline could be an animal that. Featured it could be an, Animal it could be A i'm just trying to think of suppose of the distinctions by definition we're asking about. Animals could be a cartoon. Version it might be a real life version featuring an animal over the. Years what do you got for?
Speaker 32: Us?
Speaker 1: James?
Speaker 25: Morning, Uh i've got A?
Speaker 35: Skippy didn't they forget that?
Speaker 1: Whistle Didn't we always love the theme From? Skippy? Ah what do you? There it?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 35: We love from school.
Speaker 5: Sing?
Speaker 1: Along if you know the, words here we?
Speaker 38: Go what are you?
Speaker 1: Doing what are you? Doing so much? Fun it seems like, yesterday doesn't.
Speaker 12: It.
Speaker 1: James that's a great. One thank you for. That, Kenny good morning to. YOU i Like.
Speaker 14: KENNY i Like.
Speaker 1: Kenny how is your here's your love with your? Granddaughter but there all three of them are doing really. Well. Kenny thank. You that's the. ONE a lot of skill will be running the joint very. Shortly if she's not, already you have you have you Seen Braver HAVE i seen Road? Runner? Yes Mel Gibson's Brave. Heart what a terrific, Film, Kenny, yeah.
Speaker 35: Tally makes it.
Speaker 5: True?
Speaker 1: Story is it a part of? History is a basil true? Story yes it. Is, yeah it's based on A it's based on a theme associated with a particular time In. Scotland, YES i think it's fair to. Say i'm not acutely familiar with the whole history of, that but it was a pretty incredible time with that leadership and that particular, leader and it was, challenging but it is a much love part Of scottish. History Is willie Will willie Will who's still? Alive my Friend.
Speaker 5: William wallas you know what he?
Speaker 19: Was he's doing a.
Speaker 5: Lot but you Know William wallace.
Speaker 26: In?
Speaker 1: Braveheart, YES i think?
Speaker 26: So?
Speaker 1: Yes is did you, say Is William wallace still? Alive you know what the main?
Speaker 28: Actor?
Speaker 1: Oh, yes he would be, yes well and truly still. Alive. Kenny it's a great. Memory thank you for bringing that. Up we'll ask the audience they would have great memories Of Brave heart as. Well what a. Film we'll take these calls straight after this one double three six nine, Three allo would be another. One, hello we'll do that straight after. This it Is australia. Overnight you bought.
Speaker 19: It, hello.
Speaker 1: Look at the look at your basing if you sit there the other side of the, glass at my side of the, glass and you watch the text line just by people's great. Contributions in terms OF, tv shows that we know and love over the years have featured an, animal and there are, many whether it be the cartoon, version whether it BE i don't know a Mister red, version for, example Mister red, theme AND i know that they use it a lot in the. Brickage, hello Mister. Red it goes a little like.
Speaker 4: This the horse is a, horse of, course of, course and no horse of, course that, is of, course unless the horse is the famous. Mister and go right to the source and ask the. Horse he'll give you the answer that you and he's always.
Speaker 1: Understand of. Course talk to Mister jack Any jack the streak and waste your time at. Day but mister will never speak unless he has something to.
Speaker 4: Say our horses are, horses of course of, course and this one we'll talk to us voices his. Horse you never heard of a talking? Horse, well listen to this less know THAT i am mister and.
Speaker 1: As a, kid we just couldn't get enough the great Mister. Red here's the, question which we came? First was It francis The Talking? Mule Hello, tommy nice to hear from. You francis The Talking mule or mister it. It i'm going to Say francis came, first and that was a was a movie series Of Francis Talking. Mule AM i right about? That somebody will tell me If i'm, wrong as they. Do, hello Mister, red very funny At, Geraldine good.
Speaker 39: Morning, okay you're not to tell you a story About.
Speaker 1: Skippy please do that's.
Speaker 39: Sixty eight sixty. NINE i worked At wolf in the department store In morngong and they decided to Bring skippy down for the children to, me and they bought the Whole it was the old station wagon And skippy was in the cage in the. Back they bought it into the docks and they opened up the roller door and put a wooden extended ladder across the opening to stop the children from coming. In, well they Got skippy out of the back of the, car was just sitting, there and then all of a sudden the ladder broke and the children all rushed in. Skip they had quickly Put skippy back in the cage and that was, it and it WAS i think that there were Three, skippies BUT i don't even think it was any of The.
Speaker 24: SKIPPIES i, think but just a cagary from.
Speaker 36: Wherever that's.
Speaker 1: Right And i'm sure that would have been the case with a lot of those projects over the, years where you, know if how many lassies were, there for, example that's. It there probably.
Speaker 39: PLENTY i think at the beginning last year it was the mother or the daughter that came on, next and then they just had any any laces that came.
Speaker 1: Up, YEAH i like.
Speaker 32: The Talking mule that was.
Speaker 1: Through francis The Talking. Mule, yeah, Yeah francis The Talking. Mule and who was The there was a great person that was in those series of films whose name just. Escaped somebody will remind. Me In francis The Talking, mule the actor.
Speaker 36: Was one of the old.
Speaker 30: Actors was?
Speaker 1: It was it something O'Connor or something?
Speaker 27: Connor, OH i don't know.
Speaker 1: O'Connor it'll come back to, ME i, Reckon i'm pretty. Close somebody let us. Know, geraldine great memories Of, Skippy thank you one double, three six nine. Three wasn't there if you think about the credits of Say, lassie wasn't there a in the credits of THE tv? Series there was a person who was responsible for the training of the dogs who made a pretty handsome career of training not Only lassie but other animals FOR tv and movies over the. YEARS i can't remember that, name but somebody look it up and let us. Know one double three six nine. Three now here's a listener who simply refers themselves as G O d good.
Speaker 40: Morning also comra.
Speaker 1: Hello, there, yes go.
Speaker 24: AHEAD i mean they do back In toboba one one and they do Bate dez you, know don't you?
Speaker 1: DO i Know dez? DO i how DO i?
Speaker 15: Know?
Speaker 1: Dez god.
Speaker 40: H and but, no only she sits there with The Wellington street.
Speaker 1: In In Western australia In. Perth, yeah, yeah and that was that was the original ninety SIX. Fm yeah when and as he was the manager back in those, Days so that's got.
Speaker 24: To be what he become before he come bots.
Speaker 1: When oh that's, right of. Course, yeah it's a great memory.
Speaker 40: Him back In australia For.
Speaker 24: Rocofon we wouldn't be in rocofin.
Speaker 1: Yeah and now the did you see that the great radio station over there In, perth that ninety SIX Fm god that you refer, to is still going along. Beautifully they had a cracking radio survey and the morning program over there is just, fantastic isn't.
Speaker 26: IT i.
Speaker 35: Know i'll go on the on the.
Speaker 17: Line, now yeah you.
Speaker 1: Listen you haven't? Listener you haven't listened as? Well speak.
Speaker 25: Good on.
Speaker 1: You we better not start broadcasting their program on an open line talkback. Show Go, god but, hey, buddy, yes Yes, god, yes, YEAH i.
Speaker 24: CAN'T i can't go to. SEEK i can't cussy sailed to. Anicipation, GOD i might let you.
Speaker 1: Go because obviously you're a be tired and. Emotional but thank you for being part of the. Program lynn w a, Hello, Lynn, oh here are you?
Speaker 5: Going?
Speaker 41: Tony donald O'Connor that it was a great little dancer.
Speaker 1: Too he Was donald. O'Connor now did he do apart from the the that particular, series did he do anything? Else was he in any other movies.
Speaker 41: To the movies he used to dance With Gene Jean, kelly, Yes Jane kelly and seen hopes and? Movies, Anyway Thanks, tys.
Speaker 1: Please pleased you ring. Through thank you so much for. That donald. O'Connor i just need to Check donald. O'Connor, LOOK i type it and it comes Of Donald. Trump Donald donald O'Connor was during that period of. Time if you look at the, movies have a listen to. This donald O'Connor was a prolific, actor roles in comedies and family. Films some of the biggest memories include singing in The Rain i'd forgotten about, that The Buster keaton story as. Well he was so, young passed away in three was born in nineteen twenty. Five came to fame in the SERIES A Gloria, Jean Peggy ryan And Much. Love francis The Talking mule singer dancer had very few. Rivals was, wise, cracking fast, talking a little bit Like Mickey rooney in some. Ways wasn't he singing in The reign of nineteen fifty? Two make them, Laugh make them, laugh make them? Laugh did? That awarded A Golden? Globe lots of other. Things had an elder, Brother Jack jack. O'Connor how Many jack O'Connors do we? Know worked At Paramount Paramount, Studios men With wings and As fred McMurray's character as a, boy he was billed fifth singing you centers The Great fred McMurray my, goodness and played and played Hacklebeerr fin Opposite Billy Cook's Tom. Sawyer did he do some did he do some other? Shows, mcmaanus you? Idiot he did plenty of other. Shows donald O'Connor more of who calls the other? Side it Is australia, Overnight Maxie allison will come to you next To gavin In portland as. Well messages include great names like shows with. Animals see if you like Jungle jim would be One. Tarzan would you have to include that? Now HAVE i made it up in my? Head or was there also a character Called Bomba Bula, Buller bula bomber? Anyone, maggie good, Morning oh you've caught, Me, maggie you stayed. There we'll come back very. Shortly then you get you get a wed and we won't catch you. Unawares don't go, Away, maxie good morning.
Speaker 23: To The Littlest.
Speaker 1: Hobo oh The Littlest. Hobo what a theme that was. Too we should see if we can find that a bit later. On that is. Fantastic the Littlest. Hobo great memory, There, maxie.
Speaker 5: And Also tony called the quall in as your.
Speaker 1: Neighborhood didn't we Love sheirl's. Neighborhood And claude he was a bit, naughty That claude you. Know, uh mag see he was a bit. Naughty was a CHILDREN'S tv program they got it was very buddy FUNNY tv show where with the wonderful the late Great Shirley. Strawn good on, You, Max thank you my. Friend, Now, maggie are you still? Unaware?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, no, no, no, yeah no a big.
Speaker 30: Question we like big.
Speaker 1: Questions.
Speaker 9: Yeah you you mentioned earlier on about the deal Between japan and THE us by we did. Steal, NOW i don't know whether Nip.
Speaker 1: On steele going to take over A us Steel, no.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, NOW i don't know whether you and others Around australia are aware there's in a Tough. Austradia Why ella a big still? Works Why ella in that? Area, yep, yep, Yep and it is, okay not just a state Of, australia but it is essential To. Australia and whatever a deal was done in the past With guper or what if his name was you know to fault teagle or, whatever but we In australia need two continue on and maintain our own still.
Speaker 1: Works yes we, Do, maggie you've now that. BEAUTIFUL i think that's very very. Important we do have a very strong steal how we get how we get the iron ore in the first, place but then to be able to manufacture it is really going to be a great assent and should continue to, be albeit that that's changed over the years as. Well In. Adelaide also Is, allison morning.
Speaker 42: Morning what's your little theme tonight? Tonight is it movies or cartoons with animals in?
Speaker 1: It we have no, Theme. Allison you can just go with anything you. Like there is no.
Speaker 42: Theme WELL i heard someone and what you said About bono or. Something i've never heard of that little.
Speaker 27: Character bono or whatever you said before just a.
Speaker 1: While no bomba, Bomber, Yeah i'm, sure, sure sure it was. Bomber was it just called bomber boy or just? Bomber whether he was like a thinking it came on A channel nine AS i, recall but it might be wrong about that where he came on and he was sort of like a YOUNG i marginally more virile version Of. Tarzan, OKAY i just.
Speaker 42: Went to an animal, theme SO i sort Of twinkie drink Mister ed and Top, cat, Yeah, ed and we Love.
Speaker 1: Topcat we just Love topcat every night before. Dinner what a show Top, cat the most Top, cat the Top. Cat, Look i'm going to stuff it, UP advi sing. It here's the real, version the most effectual Top, cat.
Speaker 43: Effectual intellectual, intellect comedy, probable.
Speaker 1: The, indisputiful indisputable leader of the. Gang and write songs like that? Anymore and do they.
Speaker 18: Probably?
Speaker 5: Not the Top.
Speaker 1: Cat we loved him well, indeed well done you thank you for that wonderful. Memory In. Portland Hello gav And maney of three.
Speaker 14: Of any which?
Speaker 23: Way but LUs which way you?
Speaker 1: Care the, monkey, Yes claude and the other One, tiger The Tezzy tiger would but they tiger appear in a?
Speaker 5: Show nor.
Speaker 7: Was it a?
Speaker 1: Team was it a was it a cartoon? Show was called The Tezzy?
Speaker 24: Tiger was just he was part of The Donald dark And nephew and all. That Ty, Uh i'm.
Speaker 1: Not Sure i've ever seen The Tezzy tiger.
Speaker 5: Show, oh he's just the cartoons that used to be on in the morning Net like he was part of the like won't.
Speaker 23: Thing Teddy tyner used.
Speaker 44: To go off all the, time spinning the circles and that.
Speaker 1: Good on yet all, right thank, you we'll put it on the. List we'll put it on the. List gave you got another, one, Yeah and the other one is.
Speaker 36: Gentle, ben.
Speaker 1: Gentle. Ben there's another fabulous so one featuring that gorgeous well done, you Gentle. Ben another great piece of music around Gentle ben as. Well getting lots of, text so forgive us if we don't get to them all when we talk about these. Things the quite often the text goes into meltdown with so many different, ideas AND i miss him because they disappear off the screen pretty. Quickly boom Boom Bushel Basil, Brush tommy b thank. You Basil brush was another cheeky little. Character we Love. Basil basil was on The telly until not that, often that long. Ago bomber from the. Fifties, SEE i would have thought it was laying in the fifties somebody Saying Johnny wessmuller was. BOMBER i Thought johnny Was. TARZAN i don't know that he was ever, bomber but could be wrong about. That but thank you for all those checks coming. Through ponsi And. Ashburton good morning.
Speaker 30: Many Mister ed was great With Alan, yea how good was?
Speaker 26: That?
Speaker 1: Mate? Allright just wonderful Mister reed.
Speaker 30: And Grizzly. Adams oh, yes now who?
Speaker 1: Played, yes who Played Grizzly? ADAMS i can't.
Speaker 30: Remember it's pretty famous THAT i.
Speaker 36: THINK i think he.
Speaker 1: Was m hang, On i'll see If i'm going to keep talking for about ten, Second ponds make something.
Speaker 27: Up horses a, horse of, course of, course and we we do to a horse of, course and of, course of, course of course the famous Mister ed it Was.
Speaker 1: Dan haggerty loosely blased on The California Mountain Man John Grizzly, adams but it was played By John. Haggerty all, right, okay that was a great. Show watched an, interview watched an interview. YESTERDAY i think it Moves colbert and the haging you so Soon i'm come think of the first name. Now But Jane mansfield's daughter interview just, fantastic just. Fantastic, ponzi are you keeping?
Speaker 24: Well?
Speaker 30: Yeah, yeah, good have a colonoscary yesterday at?
Speaker 24: All?
Speaker 1: Good so, yeah no, problem no dramas so far and no.
Speaker 30: Dramas who went up To hay last? Week enter the cheap?
Speaker 1: Show how'd that?
Speaker 30: Go they're really?
Speaker 1: Well was?
Speaker 30: Great caught up with a heap of our.
Speaker 1: BAITS a few people.
Speaker 30: Run, yeah heaps of people are going To medigo on the ninety for the world be a cheap show now The Bendigo Cheap show taken over from dumb.
Speaker 1: A Beautiful Win's that schedule.
Speaker 30: Ponds ninety twentieth and twenty first of next.
Speaker 1: Month of next, month, yeah will you call in and give us a report on. That that'd be fashion to find out because it'll be a massive.
Speaker 30: Event as you, say, ye it's three thousand cheap.
Speaker 1: At LEAST i would have. Thought, yeah good on Your, ponzi thank, you look after yourself after the colonosco by. Yesterday it's good to have those things done from time to, time isn't. It and for those who have had one, recently it makes your eyes, water but it's. Worthwhile when you get the, nod it's very. IMPORTANT A K gully good, morning kh, Okay i'm, well thank.
Speaker 34: You, YEAH i haven't run in for a, while but, yeah LOOK i don't. KNOW i really have turned on about half an hour. AGO i don't know whether you've Had Black, beauty which goes.
Speaker 45: Back what a?
Speaker 1: Book?
Speaker 34: TWO? K, yes, yeah, yeah that was a lovely black.
Speaker 32: Horse, yeah.
Speaker 34: And i've Also CAN i do another couple or?
Speaker 1: Not of course you.
Speaker 14: May, Okay well there was B j and The.
Speaker 1: Bear oh, y, yes what's? It they're a famous girl that's starting that that wore very short. Shorts, Yeah i'm not, sure BUT i KNOW i used.
Speaker 34: To WELL i watched.
Speaker 31: It it wasn't that.
Speaker 12: OLD i don't.
Speaker 1: Think i'm thinking and The bear fool late, seventies maybe even earlier part of the.
Speaker 36: Eighties and there's one.
Speaker 14: Or?
Speaker 1: Slipper which? One have you?
Speaker 23: Had?
Speaker 1: SLIPPERS a couple of people via texta mentioned. Flipper no one you see is smarter than he. FLIPPER i think that's about.
Speaker 23: All sort OF, ok.
Speaker 1: You've done really, well thank? YOU K are you keeping?
Speaker 34: Well oh, yeah, look you're just so cold up here to be one on sort Of, yeah it's very extreme cold up here In Oppuny.
Speaker 24: Gully it's a.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous it's a lovely place to.
Speaker 34: BE i know it's, lovely but it's, just you, Know i'm getting old and now i'm sort of filling the.
Speaker 1: Colors have you got a wood heater or an open, fireplace noducted, heating ducted, Heating so that's not too. Bad, oh it's.
Speaker 34: Good And i've got some little conviction radiator things THAT i used to because gas is pretty. Price, yeah, look you know it's full an extra clothes and, yeah put the case for a bit chill off the other little.
Speaker 14: Radiator, OKAY i.
Speaker 1: Always used to say to the kids when they were, Little so it's a bit. Chilly and this was even in W, a of, Course so THE sa. One if you're, chili put on some warm, clothes do.
Speaker 34: Like we're not just casual thick jump and then the thing over the top of.
Speaker 1: That and.
Speaker 10: If you're.
Speaker 34: Warm but it's nice if the year is warm as well.
Speaker 1: Well of, course but if you can keep your extremities so nice and, warm like your feet at, least and the feet really. Cold but if you've got, that Please, okay it's nice to hear, Chirpy, kay thank, You, okay, bye that's good to. Talk K is there a beautiful frenry gully everybody up through those beautiful Dandy knog's nice to talk to. You come and join. Us one double three six y nine, Three, bob good. Morning do you let us know At Chill wills That chi double. L Chill wills was the actor For francis The Talking. Mule another, text coming from a great friend Over, west Says Lassie Tony. Mack this is, rich Says lassie was originally trained By this is the NAME i was thinking of, Too Rudd. Weatherwacks Rudd, weatherwacks a Legendary hollywood animal trainer turn male colleague Named powell into the very First lassie for the nineteen forty three Film Lassie Come. Home do you remember Seeing Lassie Come home when you were a kid for the first? Time how devastating that?
Speaker 35: Was oh my.
Speaker 1: God rudd continued Training lassie for the long RUNNING tv series that aired from nineteen fifty Four this is THE us from fifty four to seventy, four so it made it the ninth longest RUNNING tv series ever In america Was? Lassie and look at the people that starred in THAT tv, Series just to name a, FEW i think the one that stands out for me Was June, lockhart WHO i think was one of the originals as the. Mum now what Was mum's name In? Lassie was it what was the name of was It? Ruth did she play the role Of? Ruth so it was husband and wife Team. Ruth was It Ruth, Martin paul And Ruth? Martin, okay from fifty eight to sixty, four and then that changed over and Then June lockhart played And June lockhart of, course was also In i'm going to Say lost In, space but he will tell me If i'm wrong about. That and there Was gramps and the little kid In lassie was just called was It tommy Or Jeff? Tommy was It Jeff Jeff? Miller that Was Jeff. Miller that's, right the. Character, oh great memories Of. Lassie who would have Thought rob's In? Geelong, Morning, robbie how are you? Well thank?
Speaker 31: YOU i just wanted to tell you a couple of. Things it Was bumba The Jungle?
Speaker 1: Boy Was bomba The Jungle? Boy thank you for clarifying, that, NOW i, reckon that's got to be late, sixties early part of the, Seventies.
Speaker 31: Rob, yeah AND i used to watch all those. Shows he Wasn't Johnny Wise.
Speaker 24: Miller that.
Speaker 31: Was a different. Fellow During lockhart was In Boston. Space so she's played the mother and.
Speaker 1: She was In skippy as, well and Not skippy or In lassie as.
Speaker 31: Well very quick with all these, THINGS i.
Speaker 1: Know it's just the amount of rubbish rob that we have running around in our. Head that's only it only comes out. OCCASIONALLY i, mean you're.
Speaker 31: Pretty, good you're pretty quick with. It and the other, thing the dog In The Littlest hobo was Called. London oh that's.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 31: Yes the thing is what drives me crazy is there's three different themes to, that and one thing, goes look.
Speaker 25: Over the world is your?
Speaker 31: Home Look, golver that's the, theme and there's three different themes to.
Speaker 1: It was that the original, themes, WELL i.
Speaker 31: Think it was that was the THEME i always. Remember then they've done two other themes that aren't very. Good the first from those Nice words was really. Nice but then they've they've got two other themes and it's a bit hard to find at, times but it, goes, hey look over the world is your? Place the goalver that's the, Theme but the other two themes hn't very.
Speaker 1: Good, well look we'll look one up and see we can find it very. Surely the other one That i've been. Following WHEN i get a, moment it's funny that you revert back to your childhood sometimes and. Unwittingly and SO i found this thing Called, rex and there's been lots of versions Of Rex's european sort of production Where rex goes with his police officer friend and does pretty much of the.
Speaker 31: Groundwork, yeah a friend of mine used to watch that all the.
Speaker 1: Time it's really, corny but, gee it's. Good the.
Speaker 31: Other the other thing Was donald. O'Connor he was a one who he used to dance off the walls and everything is just. Amazing he was.
Speaker 1: INCREDIBLE i was reading about him during a break. Earlier he says he wasn't a particularly good. Dancer he didn't feel comfortable with the.
Speaker 31: Dancing, okay, well he danced With Jeane. Kerry but there's a, movie you. KNOW i don't know what this movie was THAT i, saw and it Was donald O'Connor AND i think it Was jeene AND i was on a cruise ship and they were teaching old women to dance and that sort of, thing and they could do it Because waltz wasn't eating while it was easy for them because the other. Dances BUT i can't remember whether that was in a movie or they're on a cruise, ship teaching women to.
Speaker 1: Dance teaching women to dance on a cruise ship at what could possibly go wrong? There, ROB i don't.
Speaker 31: Know, well it was probably because when they were older And donald O'Connor.
Speaker 1: A bit on the fairst and you put on some weight and that sort of.
Speaker 31: Thing BUT i don't know whether it was With Gene kelly or. Not but, yeah, so BUT i just want to let you know those a couple of. Things and, yeah that some Littlest.
Speaker 1: Hobo that's, great the Littlest. Tobo we'll see if can find. That we might do that after the news coming. Up, Rob thank you great to talk to you down there In geelong At Gosnel's, Way jackie, Morning come.
Speaker 45: On, Tony. Jackie i've just about the programs with the, animals and the one that my three used to watch when there were children back in the SEVENTIES i think Was kimber The White. Lion oh, REMEMBER i can't remember the theme tune, one Though i've heard often. Enough it was a cartoon lion more like a cub had come rushing forward with the theme.
Speaker 44: Kim it Goes.
Speaker 1: Now it's just a wonderful. Memory we'll see if we can do, that and maybe if you keep, listening we'll see if we can find.
Speaker 45: On talking about SOMETHING i read years, ago the wreck and they used. Males, LASTLY i don't know how true that is there to learn quicker or.
Speaker 1: Something, well the bits and pieces That i've been reading here so it says it talks about That Bob. Weatherwax after the passing Of ruds passing the ninety, eight his Son bob Weather wax took over the. Mantle bob had apprenticed under his, father continued the family, tradition training less his successes for a lot a lot of THOSE tv shows. Forever The weatherfax family didn't just Train. Lassie they helped redefine animal acting In. Hollywood that amazing. Family and you're right there was all sorts of Boy lassies and Girl, lassies but they are all known As.
Speaker 45: Lassie the confusing for the. DOG i don't.
Speaker 1: Know, well they were highly, trained highly skilled people that worked with those dogs for that level of. Acting it's just, great wasn't. It wonderful Memories, jackie thank. You we've got to do this For. Mitchell Marlene. Waiting we'll come to, you promise you the other side at one double three six y nine, Three come and join, Us, Oh Inspector Rex. Bruno that's the One Inspector. Rex and there's been quite a few versions of that, SHOW i think over the, years coming out of various markets In. Europe Inspector rex aul a lot of Farm it's, silly but it's curiously. Engaging we all love a white. Lion Kimba, kimba who live down in deep Beside.
Speaker 26: Africa who's the one who brought the jungle?
Speaker 46: Babe who's the king amnas In?
Speaker 41: Africa kimber is his?
Speaker 29: Name when we get in trouble and we're in a, bit who's the one who just?
Speaker 3: Wonter who believes in doing good and doing?
Speaker 1: Right Kim, yes AND i lovely have not heard that for a long long. Time look at all this fantastic texts coming in as. Well The jungle boy saboo more of your calls.
Speaker 29: Afternoons now this is a, stragger open eyed With tony mcmas keeps on.
Speaker 1: Calling me down the Road that's WHERE i always.
Speaker 46: Been ever, stop, Mate i'm, thrown can't stay from. Arm just turn around And i'm going. Again maybe, Tomorrow roll settle town until, tomorrow roll just kick so if you want to join me for.
Speaker 1: Just crown your, hat not. Travel that's all.
Speaker 46: Stuff maybe tomorrow Roll Wana Settle.
Speaker 29: Town until tomorrow roll Just Kip.
Speaker 1: Coop The Littlest hobo was a storyline just for young And, jackson who would never have heard of The Littlest. Hobo presumably you wouldn't have seen that the theme was The Littlest. Hobo we just wander around like a you, know it was a. Dog we just wander around aimlessly and meet up and hook up with various people At let's country towns and, villages do some really good work like save the whole, town save somebody's, life and then just move on and the next we look forward to the next episode to find out where The Littlest tobo went. Next that sounds, Fantastic no it. Doesn't you just take. IT i really want to watch. That you were smiling and, thinking what The mitchell you tell the young ones today and they just don't. Understand Hello, mitchell.
Speaker 47: Any, Morning tonny. Morning last night you were talking about the airline awards that are going on at the moment out of.
Speaker 1: The which was really interesting to get some of those nods for those big, ones including some of our local airlines did okay out of.
Speaker 25: It, yeah, YEAH i was.
Speaker 47: Just wondering if you saw. That, Yeah Virgin australia picked up two awards. Yesterday they did very, surprising really.
Speaker 1: Good well was it surprising or did they just do well in that particular. CATEGORY i haven't got the list in front of me, now but it was something, like you, know cheeky Little meals or. SOMETHING i can't remember what it was.
Speaker 47: Now oh, no, no they won the Best Airline staff In australia.
Speaker 1: A big your, pardon that's what it. Was, yes it was forgive.
Speaker 47: Me it was the best Regional airline In Australia.
Speaker 30: Pacific.
Speaker 47: Yeah well so that one pulled me off guard that.
Speaker 1: One so you know we're doing, Okay, Mitch yeah.
Speaker 47: Definitely because then the main spotlight was actually On quantus dropping ten spots from twenty four down to, ten twenty four to.
Speaker 1: Fourteen i'm, sorry which is good for.
Speaker 24: Them oh not, really but.
Speaker 1: Sorry so what did you say they went from twenty to? Fourteen they went from.
Speaker 47: Twenty four to.
Speaker 1: Fourteen, okay so they've moved that. One, yeah they've moved up the, List yes they, have which they'd be encouraged by, that because they've had a pretty dreadful.
Speaker 47: Time they're not really doing much to go further than. THAT i don't think they've done really much over the past year to attain. THAT i would Think virgin's done more over the past year than they.
Speaker 1: Have well introd you much say as if you actually worked for A. Virgin, no actually work for. Quantits this doesn't urge. You it's interesting, because as you, know we Have Nathan kosh on the program quantas. Pilot vetten joins me on the program usually at least once a, week usually on A monday, morning and he AND i have spoken about the fact he Won't BUT i say that once great, brand and it was a revered brand anywhere in the. World australians loved their own home made, brand and it seemed to get tarnished in the last half a decade or.
Speaker 47: More definitely Was, YEAH i started in twenty, eighteen and, yeah the years THAT i, WORKED i just watched the unfortunate demids of what. Was yeah a great a great airline and great for this the. Country and, yeah it's going to take quite a while to get that one back and.
Speaker 1: Forward do you think it can bounce back and have that same high regard as it perhaps once did it certainly did for a long.
Speaker 19: Time, oh it.
Speaker 47: Would need a full restructure AND i don't think it. Will it will take probably a decade at.
Speaker 1: Least. Wow NOW i don't want to go into, details are you? CRUEL i?
Speaker 47: WAS i was ground staff, right very Good adelaide and, yeah SO i got through. That but, yeah it'll be very interesting to see how the aviation industry In australia goes over the next couple of, years BECAUSE i think we might be on the.
Speaker 1: Up what you would hope that is the, case and it is without Vas nation, alone how important our airline industry is to get us from a to be in a way that's probably unique anywhere else in the.
Speaker 30: WORLD i would have, Thought, oh it would have to.
Speaker 47: Be we're probably one of the most unique airline, industries probably in the country only in the, world only having two major carriers at the. Moment And i'm not sure if you saw in the news they're thinking of REVITALIZING taa.
Speaker 1: What as a, brand as as a brand.
Speaker 47: Or operating out Of darwin And.
Speaker 1: CANBERRA i wonder who owns? AIRLINES i wonder who owns that, naming, right.
Speaker 47: WHAT i would assume it would Be quantus after it got amalgamated Into Australian.
Speaker 1: Airline you'd reckon to be sitting somewhere on the shelf as a potential brand to. Resurrect that would be. Right, yeah, Yeah, mitchell great, Call thank you for keeping. Touch nice to talk to you At, Marlene good morning In ben's.
Speaker 14: No good, Morning.
Speaker 44: Tony some oh pretty good some doggie uh films and things of. Course And i've got an idea it wasn't there a lady.
Speaker 19: And uh.
Speaker 1: Uh Inspector, Rex Inspector, Rex Inspector rex is just a lovely. Series it's very very, clever but it's quite gorgeous.
Speaker 44: And rinching in oh Go. Rennie Uh and The australian one wasn't Big.
Speaker 1: Red you are you're talking About Red, Dog Red, Dog Red. Dog we Actually millsey AND i at six P. R we Had Red, dog the Original Red dog no longer with, us in the studio with us and it was just a gorgeous animal or they all are they? All, yeah well you're right about, that they?
Speaker 17: All?
Speaker 1: Now, marlene how long have you? Been just remind me how long have you? Been In. Bensdale not quite only nine years eighty nine years. Yep Well i'm coming born.
Speaker 24: HERE i was born In Brecon, hill so you're.
Speaker 1: A broken hill, girl and then went To bensdale.
Speaker 44: In bensho WHEN i was about three or four weeks.
Speaker 24: Old well there you.
Speaker 1: Go Well i'm going To bensdale And i'm just going to tell you Where i'm going BECAUSE i think you'll know this. Place i'm sure It's. Beingsdale let me. Check keep, talking keep, talking keep. Talking i'm just looking at the notes for an event that i've got coming, up and it is NOW i can now how you hang on? Standby it is, NO i beg your. Pardon i'm, Wrong i'm, Wrong i'm. Wrong i'm. Wrong i've got a completely. Wrong it's Craigy. Burns so not anywhere near.
Speaker 13: You that's that's.
Speaker 30: No we need no, Forgiveness.
Speaker 1: Melbourne SO i should just shut it bench. Down you're you're down towards uh Skips. Land you are, Too, yeah my fault on the gild lakesh it's a beautiful area, Too. Marlene it's good to talk to.
Speaker 5: You keep in.
Speaker 1: Touch, yeah well do By Simon colak, Morning, simon really well thank you.
Speaker 8: News PuO.
Speaker 1: Cord there's oh, yes that fantastic. Scene the scenes with that animal were, extraordinary weren't.
Speaker 8: They should he in the, castle he's in the rolling, right.
Speaker 1: All those bikies just bang in one fell. Swoop what a wonderful scene that, Is, simon thank. You great memories That.
Speaker 24: Ardie good, Morning. Tony who you're talking? About Inspector rex?
Speaker 1: Inspects, YEAH i had a dog the.
Speaker 24: Same As Inspector. REX i trained him and could do exactly what he'd. Done, Yeah german shepherd Cross, hill but he was extremely.
Speaker 1: Smart would you have would you have another?
Speaker 26: One?
Speaker 24: LOOK i had the same any, dogs And i'd love, to BUT i probably wouldn't at this. STAGE i just walked my friends dogs at the.
Speaker 1: Moment they take. It they take a lot of, work don't.
Speaker 24: They that doesn't worry, me But i've got my reasons because something happened to, him and, YEAH i just don't want to go through that one after the. Other which were the.
Speaker 1: Siblings it's sadly sad sad, time was?
Speaker 48: It?
Speaker 24: Yeah, Yeah LOOK i had two siblings of the sisters And Jack, RUSS i had so many but and my Mate's german shepard and one after the. Other they went down or had to be put, down and you, KNOW i saved them from cancer and it was just too much for. Me so and, anyway are you talking about series with?
Speaker 1: Animals And i'm not too sure how we got. There were inundated with different names of shows that featured an, animal either in the show or as a character of the. Show the list has been infinitely more lengthy THAN i thought it may have.
Speaker 24: Been what About cheeto With, Tarzan.
Speaker 1: Yes of Course Cheetah Cheeta jarzan where it actually hold the cheetah's, hand which was very nice of him to do, that holding hands in the. Jungle once going back to The german, shepherd so early days working in the little kiosk at The Harold Holt. Memorial so this is going back some. Time this would be you, know late, sixties just as a, kid part time job during the summer. Months and then there was a manager of the pool at that stage who would walk around the pool with His german shepherd AND i remember how highly trained it. Was it would hardly leave his calf for the entire time they'd walk around the pool.
Speaker 24: Area, well it so trained as smart as one of the most inteligent. Dogs but my security boss years, ago we used to work with, them remember at the, station and he trained out to train up the dogs At Great dan and The german. Shepherd in those, days they didn't wash off the, graffiti had the dog pinned up the Bottoments which one would you like to?
Speaker 35: Buy?
Speaker 24: You the old trends of The.
Speaker 1: Sickam Rex, Sickam, Hey, addie gotta. Go we're gonna go Into brady very very. Surely do you want to say good? Morning we catch up with him in The Brady garden through the barrel it down there there a battle come.
Speaker 3: Down done in the garden into the, underworld come out of the, cover good bye.
Speaker 1: And god bab happening In. Brady we catch Up tuesdays And thursday is part Of australia Over. Night good, Morning, Eb good Morning. Tony how are you fabit? Happening? MAN i, mean it's just it's almost moment by moment at them at the moment it.
Speaker 40: Is and it's been a busy couple of hours for The Prime. Minister so we're hearing he has just finished charing a, meeting an emergency meeting looking at Around israel and what will THE uk do if The americans ask For british. Help now THE uk has air bases in the, vicinity could it be that The americans will ask to use. Them they may ask for refueling. Facilities starmer basically is getting. ORGANIZED i think something big is coming in the next twenty four to forty eight. Hours trump is hinted at. IT i don't Think starmer has been given a heads up by. This my genuine gut feeling is that he hasn't been told something is definitely going to. Happen but he likes to be. Organized so he called A cobra. Meeting sounds very. Dramatic actually stands For Cabinet Office Briefing ROOM, a which is where The prime minister goes to when they have this emergency. Meeting and he normally gets his military and security and defense people around the, table and he asked the questions and they give him the.
Speaker 1: Advice it's wonder. WATCH i mean it just who knows? Where nobody knows presumably really where this is going in the coming, hours, days maybe. Weeks, yes AND i think.
Speaker 40: The americans have a decision to. Make, Clearly iran has been weakened by what has happened The israelis are saying that they have complete control Of iranian, airspace so there's no risk of any aircraft being shot. Down now do they go for the? Kill do they decapitate the? Leadership trump has already taken the social media saying that they know WHERE i told You homine is and they're going to leave him alone for. Now you know that the Language trump, saying we're not going to take him out brackets kill for. Now nobody knows where this is, going but they have some big decisions to, make AND i think the real worry is a wider regional war now in The Middle. East if they were to do, that all hell would break.
Speaker 1: Loose we'll keep up to day in coming, days Asks princess Of wales pulls out Of Royal. Escot this is pretty about the last, minute, two isn't?
Speaker 40: It, yeah very last. Minute So kate's name was on the official kind of list of everything today Because william was presenting some of the. Prizes charles And camilla went. Along it has been glorious, Sunshine the racing looked. Amazing her friends who went, today they've had a fantastic time and everyone was very much looking forward to seeing The princess Of wales in the carriage, procession so you would see the golden carriage The Royal. Mile previously we've Seen Queen. ELIZABETH I i think she only ever missed two or Three Royal ascots in seventy odd. Years she loved. It charles is not so big a fan of the horses he has ridden over the. Years he has raced as an amateur jockey In SANDOWN i think nineteen eighty one it, was but he does not have his mother's just absolute passion for horse. Racing, however he was there today and so Is. Camilla william went. Along but we don't know what's happened With. Kate you hope that she hasn't had too bad a, day that it's not some sort of you, know cancer related. Issue she's had all the, treatment but, look she's a young woman coming out of a very difficult two. Years so people are just gonna have to be.
Speaker 1: Patient have you been for swim?
Speaker 40: Today, No i've been keeping. Cool i'm not In, london so that is. GOOD i was on the tube yesterday and it was. Hellish so we are in a heat wave here and before anyone In australia gets carried. Away it's An english heat, wave so we're gonna hit thirty One celsias On friday.
Speaker 1: In.
Speaker 40: Australia came.
Speaker 5: Back why.
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 26: Go?
Speaker 17: Why it's a.
Speaker 40: Heat wave for, Us Team. Mac we've got nine days of this, coming so we hit twenty seven. Today it will get hire thirty One friday all through the. Weekend england looks amazing at the. Moment OBVIOUSLY i can't talk About scotland and wild But england looks glorious in the sunshine and they're selling a lot of. Beer if pubs are lucky enough to have a beer garden.
Speaker 1: With the top of thirty one, degrees what do you go planning for the.
Speaker 40: Weekend so one of my best friends from, university she is having a fiftieth birthday, party So i'm going to go along to that and celebrate with her and her family and just chill, out maybe watch some. Sport, tony tell me who Won state Of origin The queensland. Side oh, well, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it's been an, interest so it's game on. NOW i didn't see BECAUSE i was having a, nap BUT i work out for the, result and you're, RIGHT i don't think anybody WELL i don't think the tipsters would have necessarily said, that but it's going to be an interesting time for those that love that on for.
Speaker 40: The decider and well done everyone in person up the stadium amazing well.
Speaker 1: And they would have a full house. Stay and the other thing we've been talking about this morning and first, job that first, job when if you're riding your, resume what was your first? Job and then what did you actually learn from that first job that has sustained all the other things that you've.
Speaker 40: Done that was a great. Question WHEN i was a kid In, IRELAND i spent every summer and we get three months summer holidays In Ireland, June, July, august best three months of the. YEAR i hanker after these, Days. TONY i lived with my grandparents for the summer holidays WHEN i was a, kid and would you believe us my granddad's local, pub they used to have me collected, glasses the empty. Glasses SO i was maybe eight years of age WHEN i started doing. That and AS i got bigger AND i was a tall, kid they used to let me serve beer behind the.
Speaker 5: Bar and what DID i?
Speaker 40: LEARN i learned how to deal with. People and you saw the, good you saw the. Bad AND i remember one day a guy just said to, me you've got a lovely. Smile you're a great. Kid keep working hard and life will be good for. You AND i learned a lot from that. JOB i really enjoyed.
Speaker 49: IT i really really enjoy.
Speaker 1: It i'm a great proponent, too man the idea of hospitality if you can, work survive and do even okay as a youngster in, hospitality and that includes even places like McDonald's these, days because the training they provide a young people is quite. Extraordinary yeah it.
Speaker 40: Is and, look i'd know. Training look this is this Was ireland in about let me work it. OUT i THINK i started there in about nineteen eighty, four and so there was no, training there was no health and, safety and you, know it was a working class part Of County, wicklow Where i'm proud that my ancestors and my grandparents came. FROM i absolutely loved that. Job and the pub has changed, hands it's changed, name but the little river still flows past us AND i have many many happy memories of being in there with my, granddad him nursing a half at last guinness and me zipping around collecting glasses washing, glasses drying, glasses AND i used to come home not a word of a, light honing laden with. Coins people would you, know they'd buy their around the beers and they'd slip your, quid, yeah fifty. P AND i had great sweets money as a.
Speaker 1: Kid the good thing is. Teeth that's, well that's that's. Right and you've got most of that money.
Speaker 40: LEFT i think it all went on sweets and fishing tackle IF i remember.
Speaker 1: Correctly you have a great week in friend and we'll talk to you next.
Speaker 40: Week god left teams.
Speaker 1: Made by you in The brady in THE uk fabe. Happening we've got the young of the wrestlers coming, Up cereal on the, way plenty of time view of calls one double three six nine three wherever you are right Across, australia whether it be THREE A w here In melbourne WHERE i, am haven't looked via the THREE A w. App we've got brand new sort of studio, settings don't we? Great is that the? Word thank? You brand new graphics and they look quite smart young And jackson pretty, SCHMICK i reckon pretty. Stylish i'm just looking around the studio. Now it gives it a different sort of a. Feel it's not quite as glaring as it, Was so if you happen to be watching, Online i'll. Smile, now that'll. Do that's the only spot we'll get it on me like. That but it looks really. Good we will do this break and when we come, back we'll take some. Calls i've got to find. Out we might do something out to news because we might have a bit of. Time, Anyway i'll select something a bit. Special Charlie, Drake The Charlie Drake. Show people might remember. That Did Solomon rushdie ever sing a? Song, NO i don't think he. Did, anyway we'll talk more about the other side of This Frustralia Overnight, Morning good morning.
Speaker 2: Run like a circle and a spiral.
Speaker 1: Like a wiu within a Wil ian's reminding us The adams family had a pet, lion which don't forgotten. About this is. Great adam's family had a pet lion Called Kitty. Cat in THE tv Series francis The Talking mule consisted of seven films released between nineteen fifty and nineteen fifty, six and all centered around a so called wise cracking army mule Named, francis who only speaks to his human, companion the hapless but well Meaning Peter. Sterling they were based on the nineteen forty six novel By David, stern who originally wrote short stories Fores squire magazines about the mule's, adventures and each movie Plays francis And peter in a new setting Where francis a street smart advice deadpan, delivery Help peter navigate one ridiction a situation as to another great history in there stories Of, francis the talking mule that you, said blother squawking on the shore and leave their footprints in the. Sun feeling like A Crispy cream. Donut they opened their first store In australia on this day In penrith In New South, Wales Crispy Cream. Donuts just one is not. Enough back in two thousand and three it was.
Speaker 46: Over you were suddenly aware that the autumn leaves were turning to.
Speaker 1: The color of a serial on the, way we'll see the other side. There come and join the program where you can drop a line overnights at three aw dot com dot aw.
Speaker 46: As the image is unwind like the circles that you find in the windmills of your.
Speaker 1: Mind we'll look at the papers when we come back up to the NEWS a little bit treasurer Of Jim palmers has pledged to lead an overhaul Of australia's tax system another one but no changes to THE. Gst no changes to THE, gst so that it'll be one of the stories for after the news coming. Up we'll talk to you as well if you'd like to jump on board one double three six nine three is our telephone. Number I'm tony. McManus It's australia over. Eight good.
Speaker 29: Morning you're listening To Australia Open eyes With tony McManus My.
Speaker 1: David, company wherever you are right Around. Australia today's lesson how to be? Kind we love this story in the favor Today susi O'Brien, wrts a key national education body calling for kindness. Classes kindness classes in schools excuse me to teach children have to be more, resilient empathetic and help prevent. Bullying sort of makes. Sense independent Schools australia represents around about seven hundred and forty five thousand students one hundred and twenty eight thousand staff from schools nationally has lodged many a submission established By Education Minister Jason. Claire the review then goes on to examine current school procedures and best practice methods to address bullying. Behaviors still goes, On, sadly there wouldn't be too many people listening at some point that didn't go through school and endured some level of. Bullying it's never. Pleasant why kids do? That if we? Know but it does still. Happen, sadly it's rather like asking the story goes on, Here it's rather like asking if a certain behavior meets the definition of. Bullying schools should simply be asking is this behavior? Kind is it that? SIMPLE i ask, you the, listener is it that? Simple if you ask the, question is this behavior? Kind if, not then corrective action is likely to be required regardless of the. Definition according to the, submission today's lesson how to be? Kind, now if you AND i were giving this, class you AND i were giving this class to a class OF i don't, know twelve, thirteen fourteen year, olds what would we say to? Them what would we say to them about the idea of just being? Kind or is that Too do you get the sense that might be just a little too? Simplistic one double three six nine, Three come and join, Me julian, Morning good.
Speaker 5: MORNING i was very surprised to hear on classic radio, recently but the composer Of Blue, hills the long running a received no.
Speaker 1: Show, YEAH i think there was a lot of that in the.
Speaker 35: Day can you have you.
Speaker 5: Got the scene? There can you tell? ME i forgot them to name the, announcer, well who Was british who came To australia and when he found out they were using his, Scene.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure who it. Was we'll see if we. Can i'll get young And jackson to have a. Look this is the. THING i think this is the theme to which you. Refer have to listen to. This we think that's the right. One, julian does that sound? Familiar Ronald. Henmer Ronald hemmer was the. Composer Now i'm going back to school.
Speaker 5: Bullying NOW i can remember there was a very, popular long Running british series Called wacko starring the late Actors Jimmy edwards who played at school principle who Bullied Julian, orchard a Veteran british, actor was on television in the early nineteen sixties just called whacka do you remember this?
Speaker 1: Series, no a little too, Young jimmy it was he was the one that had that, massive wonderful. Attache Did Nema? Steasha that's?
Speaker 5: Right who always perform The Sibilly theater In? Melbourne did he On april, two nineteen sixties. Six i've still got the, program Though Jimmy edwards was. Not the last performer was Actually Mickey rooney In october nineteen sixty. Six AND i think there was A Don lane show according to his, book also from The. Tiboli could you verify that from.
Speaker 1: The that was broadcast from The?
Speaker 5: TIVOLI i think so there's something in his book about The Tiberlin theater That Don. LANE I another program that's very hard to get is the last nineteen sixty five command performance at The Melbourne Town hall Starring Don, lane very Young Don.
Speaker 1: Boing, well that may well be the. Case my memory is When Don lane came To. Australia, yes was there? NOT i Hope i'm getting this. Right wasn't there some sort of issue when he arrived In australia and it may have been something to do with. Marijuana i'm not sure about. That wasn't that the newspaper headline at the.
Speaker 5: Time, No i'm not quite sure. About so we go back right one hundred years Before. Donald we go back TO. J. C, Williamson american who founded the great Former Jason Williamson.
Speaker 1: Theaters there's a great it's a wonderful, NAME J. C williamson, forever wasn't.
Speaker 5: It americans came To australia in the nineteen Thirty look at many many entertainers Like Bob dyer and how many more can you think? Of jack A little was another.
Speaker 1: One Jack little was the very Famous jack A. Little, yes of, course.
Speaker 5: Good ever meet?
Speaker 1: Him NO i. Didn't he was JUST i mean remember watching him on the wrestling all those years, Ago but, no never had the. Pleasure Paul jennings was our school football coach for a little what school umpire who was also an occasional hot co HOST i think it was a three a k at the, time and was an occasional host On World Championship wrestling as. Well that's, Right Paul.
Speaker 5: Jenny remember That Jack little was also one of the stars of the original Musical Chill perryman And ticky And John Ticky taylor Of Pajama game that he played in the original pajama. Game he can, sing you, KNOW.
Speaker 1: I did not know. That ticky And john trained.
Speaker 5: Actor and of course remember Over christmas on three AT w used to Be Murphy hanlon And Tommy. Handlan they used to do The christmas Over christmas break.
Speaker 1: And would they do that? Together on are? Together that's?
Speaker 5: Right and They tommy had the same. Joke my three daughters Were, April may And june.
Speaker 1: Book you will go back.
Speaker 5: To how many More americans can you think? Of Hayes gordon was another.
Speaker 1: One what from where Did Johnny ladd? Original was He english Or American?
Speaker 5: English he Was?
Speaker 1: English was He?
Speaker 5: English and a very very nice? Man he's along with.
Speaker 1: Us there was a lot of those people that were, really really. Good if you were ever in the audience At Bendigo street for whether it be A Graham kennedy show or later maybe The Don lane, show some of those people would be dragged out and they would do these amazing audience, warmups one of which was the Great Johnny Ladd yes go on and the great line THAT i think it Was Johnny ladd had AND i used years later when you were doing audience warm ups or you'd say to the, audience tell you WHAT i want you to do on everybody, now to turn around in your, seat turn around and shake hands with a person behind.
Speaker 5: You that's, interesting that's a long time, ago isn't it.
Speaker 1: A long time? Ago and of course everybody the orders would turn round to the person behind them who had also turned, round who would also turn, around who had also Turned and then everybody would giggle and realize that they couldn't shake hands because everybody was turning around to shake hands with a person behind.
Speaker 5: Them do you remember when the early days of school At Auburn, south they used to this Is, John this Is.
Speaker 1: Betty, oh this Is, John this Is. Betty betty can? Run Remember john can Run. Betty the school of the.
Speaker 5: Air remember that's.
Speaker 1: Right we would listen to. That it be put on into the, classroom wouldn't.
Speaker 5: It and do you remember this is going back a long time?
Speaker 1: Ago The hospital, hour very, wonderfully The Hospital, hour and THE abc would RUN tv education shows and a big screen would be taken into the classroom and we'd all sit around the black and WHITE tv for a PARTICULAR tv, program the education shows back in the, Day, julian always a. Pleasure you nail it, Perfectly, John. Can this Was john And betty books In. VICTORIA i think it was called something else in W a but very Similar John, Betty John Can, Run Betty Can, Run John Can, Skip Betty Can. Skip And. FLUFF i Think fluff was the. Dog, chris good, morning how are.
Speaker 24: You i'm, well thank.
Speaker 49: YOU i sort of think school is through the wrong directions that have been coordinated to them have lost their. Direction i'm like to THINK i was proud gown To Robino's West Technical skill with gray Trousers emerald or dark green Wall dumble with a yellow pinch STROKE v shaped. Neck as matter of, fact THAT i went To i've scored down a lot of schools in some cases are allowed to be more, casual which reflects changes their mindset and the, therefore you, know it's a lot of these anti social things that have happened around the. Communities now a lot of them are wearing black black, trackies black tops and white runners and and you know it's now as girls continually turn eighteen and up to the current age of thirty, five they're entering the community after their school on education too with the educated that the preferred our relationship or fatten ups be lovers with an alternative relationship rather than a biological relationship or a combination of, either you. Know and SO i think it gets back to the. Mindset it's not just the. Teacher the teachers the teacher kids in line with what governments are wanted them to do or ordinating than to do through education, generally and SO i sort of things move on and we reshape our communities in line with what we have. Today but that's just sort of two sort of iconic things THAT i know that.
Speaker 1: Happening, yeah, LOOK i think that's, Right, Chris thank you very much for your. Call it's interesting why young, people and it's been going on for. Decades this is not used to, anybody but why maybe boys are different to girls in the sense that they will probably use a bit more physical bullying where girls can just be a little bit be archy with, words would be my. Observation tell me if you Think i'm right and or wrong about that would be the. DISTINCTION i guess the point of that, is why is it the boys in particular always thought it was really good to come up from behind and just whacky on the back of the neck in the. Head what was the point of? That and then think that that was some sort of glorious introduction to fun and yet it still goes. On it was really it was a degrading and it was painful and, uncomfortable and some people thought it was a really smart thing to. DO i, mean we all copped it at that point one way or the. Other and girls can be equally, nasty but it's very different to the is my. OBSERVATION i might be wrong about, that but the not quite as, violent but verbally could be really really, unpleasant but still constitute mild form of bullying or different forms of bullying one double three six x ninety. Three people come to you next In. Adelaide markey's there as. Well Jump on bought lots of texts as. Well Tony. MACK i think you're right about That Don lane. CONTROVERSY i think it was a bit controversy or. CONTROVERSY i think there was a fair bit of, publicity is my, memory but it's really vague going back When don first arrived Into, australia then moved To, sydney did really well up there with the, clubs did The Sydney. Show then they did that very FAMOUS i think link Between Graham kennedy based AT imt In. Melbourne Don lane was doing a similar show In. Sydney they did that cable you, know coaxial cable. LINK i Wish Pete smith was there know more about this than anybody that coaxial cable. Link put them on the same screen, together and that was the first that we really In melbourne that we Noticed Don, LANE i think would be a fair. Observation let's do, this we'll come, back you'll call straight after here in three iw were for those Around. Australia we have the best breakfast program in broadcasting, history many many, ways co host of which Is Ros, stevens who asked the question yesterday WHICH i thought was a fantastic question when he talks about the idea of Maybe iran. Surrendering you, know the encouragement too was surrender and ross beautifully as he does so. Good as to whom would they? Surrender? One double, three six nine? Three to whom would they? Surrender, Hello, gabe good. Morning.
Speaker 48: Hello there's no formal declaration of. Anything it's just two countries throwing rocks at each, other, really but rocks with bombs on the. End but, ah, yeah that's a good.
Speaker 1: QUESTION i thought it was a fantastic. Question they just give?
Speaker 48: UP i, mean or do they have The ayatola has specifically said we will never. Surrender we will never.
Speaker 1: Surrender but if you've been encouraged to, surrender let's say the prison of The United, states whether it be The Prime minister of THE, uk whether it be The French prime, Minis canadian pro minist or whatever it is saying you should surrender to whom would they surrender if that's you, know it was just a really interesting. Question And i've been thinking about it for the last twenty four hours and it's a great.
Speaker 48: Question AND i don't know what the answer is unless something has formally. Happened who he is surrender?
Speaker 1: To unless they, declared they make a, declaration we surrender full. Stop and that's just by definition of saying, well we will, stop we will stop behaving by way of doing any, bombing if.
Speaker 48: We will stop chucking bombs at each.
Speaker 1: Other, yeah is that a? Surrender is that just.
Speaker 48: It's away keeping the? PEACE i.
Speaker 1: Suppose tell you WHAT i really, need, though is a fluffy dog.
Speaker 48: Story, Fluffy i've got one for. You i've got one to. You, now here's a question for.
Speaker 1: Those who don't Know Gabriel hodson is from Our Australia overnight news, room the voice you hear on the, hour right throughout the.
Speaker 48: Morning i've got one for. You how good would this? Be retirement after seven years of?
Speaker 1: Work retirement after Seven so all you've, done you've grown up and you've worked for seven years and you fully.
Speaker 48: Retire, yes you've been working really hard since twenty nineteen with a.
Speaker 1: PENSION i.
Speaker 48: Guess so you got?
Speaker 1: Food have you got?
Speaker 48: Water, well it'll be deluxe dog. FOOD i imagine it is a dog talking about.
Speaker 26: It?
Speaker 48: Dog, okay seven? Years seven? Years, okay this dog has got an interesting. Job he's an explosives detection, dog so he works With Australian Federal. POLICE i didn't kind of realize they had a dog in, it but there you.
Speaker 1: Go what sort of a dog is? It does it? Say how? Much is?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 48: No LOOK i did see a. Picture he looks like a black labrador or, LOOK i don't. Know my dog's terribly, well it could be a, bitter but he's a black. Dog that's ALL i. Know he's a high risk explosive detection. Dog his Name's. Ando seven's.
Speaker 26: The.
Speaker 48: Ando the, puppy the dog. Puppy now he started off working At Sydney airport and then since then he's done thousands of sniff. Outs now the highlight of his career and this is this is he's he, Has this is what he, does the highlight of his. Career And i've never met this. Guy he sniffed out the car The King charles used on his visit To. Australia is that?
Speaker 1: Right The king's? Car does anybody know what car that His majesty would have been?
Speaker 48: Using, oh something like The? Popemobile what what are they Use bentley's don't?
Speaker 1: They well sometimes they do in THE uk they. Do but would they have been provided A bentley when he came To australia or would have been An Aston martin who was? Driving would you have had a driver or did he drive it? Himself, no he wouldn't have driven himself In. Australia, NO i BECAUSE i think he's been a Passionate Aston martin fan for. Years, okay range drover is a rather preferred. VEHICLE i should know this because defender MAYBE i think.
Speaker 48: When The queen came over in the year two, thousand she might have had a Fancy holden or. Something it was, bulletproof but her her, Majesty, look it was an aussy. Car i'm pretty sure that's. Right could have been a.
Speaker 1: Forward you know, what do you know the conversation WHEN i first started in this, program the most reaction we had is to the car that the then or Former Prime minister would take to The Carlton Football ground and pull up in The Carlton football ground just to watch the? Game are you?
Speaker 48: Serious and what was, it.
Speaker 1: Sir Robert Menji's, well my recollection is it was A Rolls royce and so The Rolls royce would be parked at The Carlton Football ground so he could watch the game and then go on about his. Business had a little.
Speaker 48: Spot, okay you, KNOW I i kind of think you don't necessarily want a luxury. Car what's really important is safety. Security who cares WHAT i? Mean they could they could go in a tank as far As i'm.
Speaker 1: Concerned but, yeah but to get to get one of those, cars whether it be one of those high, mbmw's they service a lot of governments Around australia as to others around the world rather and they cost a zillion, dollars so by definition they're very. Expensive luxury cars because they've got all special, glass anti, bombing special, undercarriage special, tires all that sort of a Very James bond, Really.
Speaker 48: YES i can only. Imagine but, Yeah ando has been sniffing out those sort of. Cars he's finishing his career At Ken's airport after seven.
Speaker 1: Years he'd be a little busy puppy up there at The Kens. Airport let me get. Sniff had a fair bit of stuff in Far North. Queensland he's been a wacky.
Speaker 48: Backing well he doesn't sniff our, drugs it's. Explosives, WELL i think you'd find other stuff, Yet i'm sure he. Would he also worked it as he last, Year so a very busy puppy and he's off to greener. Pastures CAN i say?
Speaker 1: That look at, This jeff, SAYS i retired after seven, years but then went back to work for one more year until my golf game. Improved well don't, You? Jeff thank you any Other just you've been reading the story about the tax reform front page.
Speaker 48: Of the, year so that's that's. Interesting we'll see what. Happens, yeah BUT i think we do need a bit of Tax do you remember when THE gst came in it was the tax to wind all. Taxes, well we have all these other ones on top of, it, Now.
Speaker 1: Well that was that was the thing at the, time that all the other thing for which we paid level after level after level after level of, tax and yet they mostly remained in. Place and then we have THE gst on top of. All, yes would? People would people want to see all the other taxes? Disappear and we had say fifteen PERCENT gst.
Speaker 48: That could be. Doable but isn't fresh fruit and be exempt FROM? Gst well that's the we.
Speaker 1: Forget now what is and what?
Speaker 48: Isn't, well think about. It it might encourage more people to eat that's, tough you, know to eat that stuff it's going to. Be it makes it intrinsically. CHEAPER i suppose we have.
Speaker 1: To we have to cheapen it so people eat the really good food that's healthy for, them so that we don't have to pay a lot of money for health care for those. People that's.
Speaker 48: True, yeah that was the. Idea, honestly it.
Speaker 1: Was i'll let you get back to The newsroom's nice to see you you. Too so when Does ando?
Speaker 48: Go he's performed his last sniff last it's this week they've just said this. Week it doesn't say what, day but, Sniff i'm up.
Speaker 1: Here In KENS i can shift stuff up. Here nice to. See thank, You pete In. Adelaide morning, Morning.
Speaker 20: TONY i want to talk quickly in THE afl game coming, up which i'd like Your, NOW i don't have AN afl team like Most, Victorians South strains And victoria And Western.
Speaker 1: Rains i'm happy To i'm happy to Get. Pete i'm happy to give you one straight up because EVERYONE i want you to bory for Mel because every new MEMBER i. Get here's the, Thing, beaten write this. Down every new MEMBER i get for The Melbourne Football, CLUB i get a brand new.
Speaker 20: Toaster, Well i'm giving my payment next. WEEK i can join up as a country.
Speaker 30: Member CAN i be In Alte yes you.
Speaker 1: Can we can get you a very special membership for The Melbourne Football club and THEN i get a new. Toaster oh that's.
Speaker 20: Right, Well i'll Give jack some my email address and he can forward that onto me next.
Speaker 1: Week that's done and. Dusted you will become a member for the rest of the year and for next year for The Melbourne Football.
Speaker 35: Club.
Speaker 20: Well, Well Todd, viney who played for Stut and was a tennis. Player his son is playing For melbourne.
Speaker 1: And does a really good. Job he's a little. Gun when he's on, fire he's.
Speaker 20: Amazing that's not WHY i rang you know what we're talking, About.
Speaker 1: Donage a, report because.
Speaker 20: You were mentioning about those characters in the books of school children here In, Adelaide dick And.
Speaker 1: Dora it Was dick And dora In South, australia AND i think it was something different again In wa we had in the in the In perth we had one Name dick And dora In, adelaide And john And betty In melbourne, exactly.
Speaker 20: And we HAD i Think nipped The dog WASN'T Nrp.
Speaker 1: NIP i think that's a good, Memory, pete well Done nip The. Dog you remember that, Beautifully nip The. Dog that's. Great i've forgotten about. That Oh, Fair thank you for. It vege all hygiene products still exempt A. Gst thank you for. That, leo much. Appreciated one double three six y nine three people have gone into, MELTDOWN i, Said Rolls, Royce david Sin. Kilda Thanks david is reminding us it Wasn't Rolls, Royce Tony. Mack it was A. Bentley great to have your company wherever you are right Across. Australia tony, McManus Marky install will come to you in just a. Moment it's capital of Text here in the nineteen sixties we Had dick And dora In grade. One here In, Melbourne john And betty was our grade prep, reader Says. Doris, doris thank you so you reckon there was A dick And dora version as well as The john And betty even here In. VICTORIA i thought we only Had john And. Betty but you were in the business a long. Time you would know means he's. Did, Indeed Driver, bentley thank you for all those texts coming. Through david reminds me more recent luxury suv. Sedans through the most recent visit To australia In october last, Year King charles And Queen camilla was seen being transport An audi S q eight Etron Etron. Electric this choice reportedly generated some, discussion with some comment in being less traditional than a bespoke royal limousine out OF uk was granted a royal warrant By King charles In may of twenty twenty. Four disupployed motor vehicles to the royal, family and you loved. That wouldn't you like to be in a position where you could grant a company Like, audi the part of The Volkswagen, group a royal warrant to provide. Us it's your job to provide us with, vehicles not just for, me for the entire. Family you are. COMMANDED i like to provide those. Vehicles don't you love? It it always scares, Me Tony mack when you hear the words tax, review tax, Review leave the people the businesses alone that are hard working and putting a nest egg. Away start with getting a better return on our, minerals for, example that are all loaded on boats to go. Overseas value added into products that we then buy back at top. Dollar just my. Thoughts it's pretty good thought, There. GRAHAM a lot of people would agree with you on, that as DO. I psychological physical bullying is still, Bullying, Bruce thank you for. That and a great dog story. Here this is the dog story of the morning dog. Story it's a bit of a gag dog. Story my dog a bit a big chunk out of my leg last. Week my friend, asked did you put anything on? It AND i, said, no he liked it just as it.
Speaker 26: Was.
Speaker 1: NOW i just happen to be talking To jackson the side of the, glass the young And, jackson AND i, said what was the first vehicle the first motorca ever mentioned in The, bible in The, bible the first car in The. Bible and he, SAID i don't. Know, Now i'm not going to tell. You i'm not going to tell. You you watched the listeners all ring through now one double three six'. NINE three I hope i've got. This right the only, car first certainly first car that was ever mentioned In. The bible one double three six, Nine Three, Mark.
Speaker 18: Morning marga They are i'll just SCROLL through FB and i saw the number, One lineup dennis and yourself.
Speaker 1: In the lineup for what.
Speaker 18: Number one.
Speaker 5: Radio, stage yes well they go FOR the.
Speaker 1: A team THERE'S the a team and then THERE'S THE b, b team Of which DENNIS and i are just so grateful to. Be here and the good thing is it's, not, cricket mate and, just no it's. Not cricket it's Called. Radio barkie it's called it's. Called. Radio no that's, We're happy we're just we're just we're under. The, radar mark.
Speaker 30: That's NOT why.
Speaker 1: I call that's Not why. Mark called we're having one of those mornings. To go why did?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 1: Call mark why did?
Speaker 14: You?
Speaker 12: CALL now i didn't see the premiere of this.
Speaker 14: State cutting the ribbon down At The Dill Pills testing Center.
Speaker 5: In, fitzroy, yeah right what do you? Call It the?
Speaker 1: Dill, pill well you've got to.
Speaker 36: Be a deal to take, a pill.
Speaker 1: Don't, YOU well i wish it was. That simple you've probably got some addictions going on there as well as a BIT like, i say you've got to be a deal to have. A, cigarette, well yes but there is addictions, Around.
Speaker 14: That, mark yeah but that's a.
Speaker 1: Cigarette legal it doesn't matter the addictions to the.
Speaker 14: Addiction ecstasy when did they? Legalize ecstasy the.
Speaker 1: Addiction is still, the same the need, for drugs and it varies from person to person the type.
Speaker 14: Of, drugs oh so you can take your regal pill to The, testing santa get. It tested, oh yeah that's, honky. Dory mate you're right, to swallower get off your base and off your dolan right the end of. The Concert, drug.
Speaker 1: Yeah so if, you were if you were going to have your. Pill tested so you've got your pills in the backseat of, the car and then you get picked up and the, officer says what's at the back of, the car says are They're my they're my drugs. Of choice i'm racing down to have them Tested and i'll let you know how. It goes is the police officer then supposed to then remove those tablets? From you would you be arrested for? Carrying? Drugs, oh my this.
Speaker 14: Was stupid so you've had.
Speaker 1: Your, drugs tested you put them in the back of, your car and you're driving home and you get picked up and you do a? Drug test what's that in the make of? The drugs but. It's okay i've just had. Them tested. They're fine, it's fine and it's supported by. The government. They're fine.
Speaker 14: Had you end up in the, state, PARLER well i said that they said the pills.
Speaker 12: ARE fine i was off ME when i drive through the.
Speaker 14: Front, door oh they take cay song as you got them tested and now we're.
Speaker 1: All on the. Pill marky. Thank You cameron hopper's, crossing morning eas don't? Go Ahead Hello, cameron bernard you're on. The road whereabouts? To you good morning?
Speaker 7: To, You.
Speaker 1: Yes christian. Go, Ahead, hi christian thank you for being part of The pro we'll go Back.
Speaker 50: To.
Speaker 1: Cameron cameron we've got. You there, Good, Morning cameron. Cameron's disappeared What about bernard on? The, Road, hello christian we've. Got, You hello, Good, morning macca morning. To you phones are. Playing, Out, hello christian? What's happening where? Are? You hello we've got phones that you can't hear me for. Some reason can you hear?
Speaker 26: Me?
Speaker 1: Now, christian YES so i Can he, leadin clear, go ahead? What's happening.
Speaker 36: Good morning JUST something i wanted to add to The whole iran controversy at, the moment something that the media doesn't, pick up and IT'S quite i think, very relevant and that is is that Basically The. Reserve bank if you've noticed all of these countries where, there's conflict an ongoing conflict as time has, gone on is because they're not members Of The, reserve Bank and iran is basically the. Next one have a look at the list of the countries that have, just joined and have a look at the list of countries, that haven't and that's where war. Has been now war the media doesn't report. UPON this i, don't know.
Speaker 1: Why do you suspect that they. Don't, report.
Speaker 5: Well you, tell me you're in, the media they.
Speaker 1: Should, Be well i'm not familiar with, the theory so you'll need to. Explain, what well The.
Speaker 36: Reserve bank is a private consortium that is basically owned outside of. The government it Says The Australian. Reserve bank it sounds like, it's government but it's not that that is a. Private, bank now no matter which way you, spin it some countries don't want a private consortium doing their finance and basically because of that they have basically, said no we don't wish to be part, of it and then bore rops.
Speaker 1: And so what what would be the distinction of that as to what then decides that that creates an outbreak? Of, war.
Speaker 30: Well how?
Speaker 1: Are they how?
Speaker 36: Are they how are they living given the ultimatum of basically having a reserve bank put on their shores or basically war. Will happen this has gone on, with, many many. Many countries if you look at the countries that have joined each one, of them and it's very clear are the ones that they've basically gone to war with they've surrendered and then had a reserve bank.
Speaker 26: Go, There.
Speaker 1: Yeah i've heard these theories, for, decades decades these, CONSPIRACY theories i, Don't, Know christian they've been doing the rounds for as LONG as i. Can remember is there any depth? To it people who read a lot about this stuff will, go yeah yah. Yah yay i've not ever bought. Into, It, look Macca all i'm SAYING is i know EXACTLY what, i know exactly what.
Speaker 5: It is who is all the last?
Speaker 36: Five banks googled the last?
Speaker 1: Five Times, but christian this has been going On before google. Was invented these theories have been doing the rounds in books Way before google. Was invented so you're not coming up with. Brand new it's a theory that goes.
Speaker 5: Back decades you obviously know what the endgame, is though.
Speaker 36: A cash for society and one.
Speaker 1: World currency it's obvious obvious to whom.
Speaker 36: Pretty much everybody, tell me when was the last time you were able to pay cash?
Speaker 1: For something you can pay cash wherever you would do for the, most part. Not everywhere you can pretty much pay cash anywhere.
Speaker 27: You GO THE mcg i couldn't.
Speaker 1: Pay cash that's Just the christian just maybe parts OF. The emcg it's hardly it's hardly the benchmark for, World, Conspiracy christian so what are you gonna say to the world conspiracy is based on the fact that you can't pay cash AT The mcg give me, a break really one double three six nine, three though one double three six nine three zero four double seven six nine, three said your text was an interesting conversation with regards to the first car mentioned In. The bible there's actually more than. One OPTION now i didn't realize there's actually more than, one option see that one There. From david but whether or not that was the first to, be mentioned or whether it was the second to, be mentioned or did that one even exist up, until recently believe the One from david might have been the very first to, be mentioned right at. The, beginning yeah well that's that is a. Good point that is a very. Good point so it, was mentioned but the car hadn't been mentioned, There, was yeah. May not the car is only a, recent brand, that's true. That's true whereas the car you're talking about obviously around. Back then well it wasn't back In the, bible years but it was certainly before. The, one yes what, You say we'll take some more calls the other side coming to and it's one double three six. Nine three and those that love a conspiracy theory you can join in.
Speaker 7: And we all.
Speaker 1: Love them but they're. Not new they've been going AROUND for i don't know since. Freemasonr restarted let's talk About the freemasons because they have a lot to answer for. As well it's, a joking. Of course thirteen. To two the year was nineteen. Fifty eight on, this day nineteen, fifty Eight to pala p e la play seventeen, only seventeen became the YOUNGER Scorer Fifa World cup. Finals tournament he Scored for Brazil against wales on, this day nineteen. Fifty eight there's a little Ready for bernard on the road, morning morning turning There are you're going, really well. Thank you.
Speaker 6: I'm just heading, towards stall so just outside are at you know where.
Speaker 1: We're going, You're heading you're going to say call In and mark will have breakfast waiting for you by the time you get there around about. Six thirty what would you put your ruler in there?
Speaker 6: About it MY what i wanted to say is EVERYONE that's i grew Up, in Kenya so i've got no vested Interest, In, Palestinians Libyans, iras urans Or the americans or.
Speaker 30: Whoever else but.
Speaker 6: If you'd like to know why this whole thing, Is happening If The middle east had not discovered oil in, THEIR backyard i think none of these wars would have ever existed and they'd be living peacefully on their.
Speaker 30: Camels, today unfortunately they.
Speaker 6: Discovered oil everyone, wants oil and that's where it. All starts and the only country In The middle east and nuclear Arms. Is ISRAEL so i mean he can count. The starts you, can, Say look israel's on the thread from all, its neighbors or you, can, say well you should probably even be there to, begin with because you're on someone else's Land. IN kenya i grew Up. IN kenya i grew Up. WITH israelis i grew Up with muslims who all went to boarding. School together we always been the. Same dormitory that one was, KILLING anyone i was trying to. Stab anyone we are, all friends and we all friends today after. Forty years when you take when you look at what's going on In The, middle east a lot of the tension is originating from Outside The. Middle east it's got nothing to do With, the muslims and it's got nothing to do With. The jews it's all got to do with who wants what's on. The land, and UNFORTUNATELY for I, Guess, palestinians Iraqs, a libyans all the countries that have been affected, By this syria. Included now BUT this i don't want TO say, us aggression but it is coming. From, There unfortunately israel is the country that is being used to generate. All, this, otherwise well would you have two aircraft carriers Living in america heading To the?
Speaker 1: Middleast today but is that linked in to the, you Know The tom cruise movie where, you know show me. THE money, I, THINK.
Speaker 6: Look i think a lot of it is to do. With money at the end of, the day if money wasn't there the root of all evil in the world wherever, you go it stems from someone, one thing that's something that someone.
Speaker 30: Else had that's what.
Speaker 6: It is, it's simple and it's oil and oil the all going to be there around for the next two hundred years and people are going to be fighting over. It anyway but.
Speaker 1: When you're gre up, in tenure you Say, in kenya and you talk about those relationships you had in the. School playground you were saying that there were little or. No distinction you didn't know that there was.
Speaker 51: Any, distinction well there wasn't because, during It the jews And, the muslims And as I'm, a Catholic, as christians we all.
Speaker 6: Step together we fasted With the muslims just as a short support when they were Fasting over ramadan with and we all broke fast together after. The sunset we all went and fasted before the, sun rose and everyone lived. Like brothers and today the ones that were in school with me were still in touch and very.
Speaker 1: Very close and that food that would that food that would come Out after ramadan was A spectacular you would want to miss out on it.
Speaker 6: ANYWAY alone, i, think well we want to have plenty of dewey ony and whatever else.
Speaker 1: They Need, beautiful bernard it's lovely to have you on. The program don't be. A Stranger, oh tony right to see You by bernie heading towards Stall and. Markie up there's going to cook him a. Lovely breakfast they probably go the, hot cakes or would, have thought and freshly brewed coffee does not get. Much better brendan will come to you the Other Side Shane ay bassett. With movies damian will be here, As Well footy tipping that's still to come Out Of. Australia overnight thank you all. Those people the first, real car if, you like mentioned In, the bible, of Course, was triumph because we All know moses Road. IN triumph a lot of people Are, saying, genesis, ooh goodbye. Six pm we'll see you Tonight.
Speaker 29: Is australia Overnight with, tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Lots of our texts coming in just to really just in relations little thing we put on there saying of cars that were mentioned In. The bible and now the old gag is It was triumph that was the first, one mentioned on the Basis that moses clearly Rode. In triumph moses Wrote. In triumph but look at all these. Other ones people, are saying what about? The accord the accord was mentioned In? The bible was the leaf? Ram mentioned and here's the other thing that was probably mentioned In the Bible, the bible. The viper oh that is, So. Good david another one says a demand for oil is decreasing Because of EV's and another text just on the. FIRST car i don't know about the first car as mentioned In. The BIBLE but i KNOW what i say are things like Taking the lord's name in vain and. BLOODY hell i say that a fair Bit when i'm Driving around Melbourne. And, australia beverly, Good morning, Thank, You, sorry beverly. Good, More, okay yeah.
Speaker 50: It was a, weird conspiracy the THEORY that covid was invented as a solution to the, great overcrowding and that the, Royal Family bill GATES and i Think the Freemasons were oh.
Speaker 1: That's right they all, got together they had the big cigars and, they said how are we going? To, imagine well let's get this little bug CALLED the covid and that'll.
Speaker 50: Fix everything AND somehow i think the associated also with.
Speaker 52: Reptile like extraterrestrials, as well and they've.
Speaker 1: Been involved there's. The, extraterrestrials Uh There's. Bill, gates really when you Think About, bill gates what's he done for. The world when you think about all these people getting together, and say let's do this THING called covid and That'll sort and how did it? Work, OUT beverly i have.
Speaker 52: NO idea i actually bought the book of out the reptile like extra. AND restive i have no idea what was in the, book NOW but i wasn't really impressed.
Speaker 1: With it why did you go and have? Another? Read here It Is Shane ay bassett's movies and thought the weekend you're looking something to watch. To, enjoy well you've come to the, Right, Way olly you've come to the, Right Place Shane. Ay, Bassett, Morning, hello tony.
Speaker 22: Good morning did you.
Speaker 1: Go up watching a little Bit Of? Lassie?
Speaker 22: Lassie no i've probably, seen one one or two of the movies back in, the day but not a big Fan.
Speaker 1: Of Lassie Lassie. Come home.
Speaker 22: They remade. It too there was actually a New or lassie movie they tried to bring. IT back i think it was the nineties. From memory it was a big deal too when it, came out but it didn't. Quite work but those old ONES that i remember BEING, on tv Maybe Even bill collins might have been entered one or two of them On The golden Years of Hollywood On saturday NIGHT when i was, A kid.
Speaker 1: The Great bill collins after a one of. My heroes he was after a retired. Race calling he then went in and did hosted a. Movie shows the first the first three Seasons. Of lassie this is According to rich, who says first three Seasons of LASSIE when i was seven or ten years. Of Age jan clayton played the widowed single Mother of jeff Played By Tommy. Tommy rettick starting with, Season four lassie became part of this. New family the dog's Owner, became timmy a young boy being raised by a. Foster mother first Played By Chloris, Chlorus.
Speaker 22: Leachman chrisman she, was good, very, funny.
Speaker 1: Great and Then By june lockhart who became the then step mum in, that Series and june later on Went into Lost. In, space, yeah.
Speaker 22: Yeah she was another very, famous actor but Being on Lost in space. As well when it comes to movies, AND dogs I remember beethoven growing. Growing up that's what do you?
Speaker 26: Know that.
Speaker 1: That, Is fantastic that is. Just, brilliant yeah what are we going?
Speaker 22: To look very Funny and kujo was a bait Was a saint dog, as well.
Speaker 1: Of course oh there's so many we could have done hours. On it, hang on we have done ours. On it rick moranis is coming out.
Speaker 24: Of.
Speaker 1: Retirement.
Speaker 22: Really yeah he came up Acting in hollywood Completely the canadian actor because he had a tragedy in the family and he've been looking after his own family and children for. Many years and he did did. AN ad i can't remember what the ad, was for but He And ryan reynolds got together and did this Ad. In canada And now staseball's Too, mel brooks even though he's in his nineteen apparently he's Returning and. Spaceballs Too and spaceballs is a, very popular famous classic from, the eighties a Satire Of. Star wars they're making it. Second One and rick moranis is coming out, of RETIREMENT so, I mean i love him In ghost Busters, and parenthood so many. Great movies, but yeah he hasn't acted for, many years and he's coming Back to. Spaceballs too apparently.
Speaker 1: He was just he was little, but funny very.
Speaker 22: Very, CLEVER honey i shrunk the Kids.
Speaker 1: Stuff i've forgotten. About that let's have a look at a couple of movies. Into cinemas this is a Thing Called.
Speaker 51: Dangerous, animals yes the quiet week, this week because there's a big one, next week f One With, brad PITT which i know he's going to just take, Over everything so it's sort of a quiet.
Speaker 22: Release week but this Is an Australian Movie, dangerous Animals Starring joy Courtney And. Yvonne strahovski always brilliant when you see her in MOVIES and. Tv shows she Was In The handmaid's tale And Won emmy awards. For that this is a serial, killer film but on. THE ocean a guy kidnaps someone he's been watching for a, long time takes them out on the ocean and starts tormenting them, with sharks and then it gets a little bit complicated because there's a third party that. Comes in it's a little bit over the top. This movie it's a, good Thriller, but tony it Doesn't make australians. Look good over the Top stereotypical australian characters In this it has, its moments but by the end of it it's a little, bit silly but good, build up, good movie good big cinematography and. So forth, but yeah a little bit bit manic by the end of. This movie but if that's what, you like you're like a good horror thriller and mystery because it does have a few surprises and good. Ocean cinematography Check Out.
Speaker 1: Dangerous animals which demographic would that?
Speaker 48: Be?
Speaker 1: Targeted oh.
Speaker 22: GOOD question i know a couple of people walked out in my SCREENING when i watched it because they just. Had enough probably people who like a, good thriller a good, horror movie because that's what it.
Speaker 1: Turns, into yeah horror. Or horrible where are you going? With that it's a.
Speaker 15: Very.
Speaker 22: BORDERLINE yeah i write it Off an, australian film, you KNOW and i Love supporting aussie movies and actors and. So forth, but yeah half, a movie half the movie is, really terrific good, build up but then how it finishes was just a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, Silly yeah and we do and we want we want A great australian industry and producing, and writing writing and producing. Wonderful performances we don't. WANT silly i don't think we.
Speaker 26: Want.
Speaker 38: Silly no and it's advertised as a, shark movie and the shark movies have got a, big following, you know they're They're great jaws that's actually having the great shark movie all time is having its fiftieth anniversary in a couple, of weeks so we'll be talking.
Speaker 22: About that but it's not really a. SHARK movie i don't play a big role. In this it's more of a murder thriller on, the ocean and then it just goes a little bit bonkers at. THE end a lot of chum in the water.
Speaker 1: In, THIS movie a lot of chum in. The water thing here twenty eight, days later twenty eight, weeks later what's this one.
Speaker 22: About streaming Twenty, eight well the twenty eight years later is a new movie that's just. TIP cinemas i have not, seen IT so i review it. Next WEEK but i just thought they're, very popular. These movies there's three of, them now so twenty eight days later and twenty eight, weeks later first and second movies in like a, trilogy now and they're about, a virus so LONG before covid happened and long before zombie movies became. Popular again these two were in the early two thousands and they were. Huge Hits killian, murphy refines some really good actors pop up In At rose byrn both.
Speaker 48: Of them so IT'S just i.
Speaker 22: Thought it'd be worth what rewatching before seeing twenty eight years later because it's, getting good. Good reviews but they're, both STREAMING and i was never a big zombie. Movie fan but it's more about the virus and what happens to the environment, and PEOPLE and i mean we lived through it in a WAY, with covid but it was it's a little bit very much reality in. A sense but that's what. YOU like i do recommend going back and watching these movies before seeing the.
Speaker 1: New one, Give Me give. Me, strength really let's Go. To, netflix yeah this is a thing Called. Thank you this is that, was beautiful. Well done it.
Speaker 22: Makes me laugh EVERY time i. Hear, that, dumb dumb.
Speaker 1: That's fantas can we do that one? More time one? More time here, we go let's Go. To netflix oh that, is great. It's cool It's Called.
Speaker 22: The, edge Yeah another, australian movie, really good written and Directed By, jane larkin who used to be a professional sports, person herself and it's about three, a powerlifter three women in, professional sport, a sprinter a powerlifter And a paralympic swimmer and it's. Their story, it's fictional but it's based around true events and. It's amazing it's. Very uplifting It's Called. The edge it's not just a. Sports movie it's how these women sought through being like they obviously find hassles getting through their chosen sports because their female but the education and the controversy that embeds them in this world of. Elite sport really good behind the scenes but uplifting and a story that really.
Speaker 5: IT'S just i just.
Speaker 22: Loved it it's a really, well made, small movie, independent MOVIE and i think it's worth Watching on netflix if you love a really solid story and how adversions can just triumph. Over everything it's a bit of romance and. As Well the edge is a Top not australian films if You, have NETFLIX and i love that sound that they make.
Speaker 1: To them It's Called the edge and It's. Onlick netflix. Thank you that's three times. That'll, do now we'll never. Do that, just finally when YOU'RE watching, f one well presume we HAVEN'T seen f.
Speaker 5: One, Yet no i'm.
Speaker 22: Catching, It OKAY actually i have a.
Speaker 1: Look at it TODAY and i want you to notice the watches that are. Featured throughout have a look at the watches a, little bit a, little bit and just note and make notes on the brands and which one you would like to buy me as a Gift. FOR christmas.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 22: CAN'T wait i. Can't Wait dasus thunder is thirty five years old now and one of my all. TIME favorites i KNOW, that's nascar IT'S not f one but.
Speaker 36: Long.
Speaker 22: Ago yeah this is directed by the same Guy That Top, gun maverick and he's got these special cameras that were fit on the cars apparently for. This MOVIE and i believe it's, very GOOD so i cannot wait to.
Speaker 1: See it i've GOT a f. One off talk to you. Later on. Thank YOU. Shane a bassett bringes us all. The details so things to watch over, the weekend which Is Great Shaney Bassett every thursday morning Part Of. Australia overnight that's what the. Thing about we.
Speaker 5: Love it We Love.
Speaker 1: Boddy, Thursday, Night Buddy damian tardio from our Three ow, Brecky program Ross and rus getting underway, Very. Surely damo good good morning, To you.
Speaker 16: Tony McManus any interest, To, note, no no very. Limited interest But For fremantle, docer supporters they'll be very interested in the one four of their. Last five they Bring in James AS Nathan, o driscoll While the bombers they bring in one of the great names, In Football vigo vizantiney for to make his Debut And. Ben hobbs Look the bombers their injury list. Is mounting it's going to be a hard task to go Over to perth and get, the CHOCOLATES but i Think the dockers should do this.
Speaker 1: Pretty easily queensland got the chocolates last night. Over there that, was exciting.
Speaker 16: Wasn't it in the state, of origin.
Speaker 1: Presumably they've got to turn that ground around pretty quickly just under.
Speaker 16: Twenty four all those ground staff are impeccable in the way they can transform the ground.
Speaker 1: In quick Sixth Time Friday night footy one not to Be missed Geelong.
Speaker 16: And, BRISBANE brisbane i have dropped a couple of games they should have expected. To win geelong going into this game as FAVORITES and i can't see them losing this When We bailey smith's firing on.
Speaker 1: All cylinders You're, Going Caldon north Melbourne on, Saturday, Afternoon.
Speaker 16: Carlton North Melbourne sunday satura afternoon and taking my four year Old niece grace to her first game.
Speaker 26: Of.
Speaker 16: Footy now I'm hoping carlton WIN because i promised her jam doughnuts after. The game so if, We lose i'm pretty much Paddling up Shys and creek without.
Speaker 1: A paddle have you got to sign up?
Speaker 26: For?
Speaker 1: MEMBERSHIP oh i did that about four years ago when she. Was born do you get the? Complimentary? TOASTER yeah. I Did Port adelaide sydney coming up quarter Past four.
Speaker 16: Saturday afternoon portelaide will get this done at home Against The, city swans who are pretty much struggling, this year so shouldn't have any Issues in port there and then start to, you Know forty collingwoods and Killed the marvel first versus fourteenth and the golf between these two teams is. Very great collingwood should.
Speaker 1: Win easily sunday a couple OF games gws up Against the suns.
Speaker 16: Well Apart from Brisbane and July on. Friday night this is the other game of THE round Gws And Gold Coast Gold. COAST sons i reckon they will cause an upset away, from HOME Although Gws big Tour Forwards jesse Hogan And aaron.
Speaker 1: Cadman are the ones. To, watch Finally your Doggie.
Speaker 16: Is, richmond YES three ws game for Broadcast on. Sunday afternoon the dog should be too strong.
Speaker 1: For the tigers and for buys. This Weekend, your Adelaide, your Hawks Your, d's eagles all. HAVING arrest i think we'll go home for a bit of a sleepy if. You know we're talking a lot, about animals, So, coincidentally Yeah And marie Bigger And marie bigger now there's. A name he's fifty, Eight today. Happy Birthday and marie a Host Of. Cartoon, connection gee that was a funny show back of.
Speaker 6: The day it's.
Speaker 1: Really brilliant, other animals we mentioned that cats became the longest running Music along broadway back in nineteen, ninety seven still doing, the rounds and a foxhound Dog in america gave birth to a litter of twenty three puppies, twenty three nineteen. Forty four thank you Young and jackson will see you in. The morning i'm turning three At w bricky. Next too by, the Way with Ross, And Russ I'm. Tony mack for all, we know we may never. Meet again our hands only ever be held out, in friendship never in what