Speaker 1: There are new exhilarrated NBN plans coming in September. It can be hard to keep up with all the changes with the way the internet works and with the upgrades the NBN has been rolling out. At the end of the day, what do we want reliable internet, fast Internet. I just want to check in with our sponsors NBN. Jane McNamara is with the NBN and joins us. Hello Jane, good to be with you.
Speaker 2: Clinton.
Speaker 1: It does get a little bit confusing with all the different options there are now and the upgrades that you guys have been rolling out. You have upgrade and you're rolling out full fiber to the premises. What does full fiber to the premises mean?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Look, your listeners will recall that we finished that initial roll out back in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, connecting every home and business across the country to NBN, and to keep pace with that demand that we have on the NBN and our love to be online and need to be online, we've been rolling out upgrades across the country ever since. And nothing beats full fiber. That's fiber optic cable all the way from this to your front door. So lightning fastbroadband. You can't get more reliable and faster anywhere anywhere in the world. So you know, for one point four million homes and businesses across New South Wales, you know this fiber upgrade, full fiber to the home is now available and we've got these amazing accelerated speeds coming from the fourteenth of September, and we don't want anyone to miss out on the opportunity to get that upgrade in practice.
Speaker 1: In practice, what does the fiber upgrade actually mean? To have joined everyday Sydney family.
Speaker 2: So really what it means is we want our listeners this evening to think about the plan that they're currently on. And we know most Australians are on a mid pier plan. And what we know is with all those connected devices that we love to use, about twenty five at the moment, going to grow to more than forty usually that mid sized plan, with the number of people in the home, all of those devices at the one time this evening, you might notice that it's not performing how you think it should and that's the perfect sign an increased speed plan. So going up one plan and getting that fiber upgrade is the perfect solution to make sure it's ready for today and you know ten years from now.
Speaker 1: I live in the sutherland Shire and I've been fortunate, we've been connected. We're an anger thing. We've been connected to the NBN probably for about five years now, and I must have been I'm on that mid plan. I'm not on the top plane and on the mid plane. But I was reading about somebe who lives not far from me, Robin Cronulla, and they upgraded the top plan that the one hundred megabe per second, and the difference it made to them was significant.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and you know it was funny. I read this story as well, and you know, Rob really noticed that the technology he is on it was part fiber but part copper. And so what we're doing with these upgrades is we're removing that copper so you've got none of that degrading copper in the meat, making sure that you've got fiber all the way to the home. And it was really simple for Rob. He actually just contacted his phone and internet provider, had a conversation, said what's available for me because this plan's not working anymore for my family noticing buffering and dropouts in the evening, and you know I want better, and you know the phone in internet providers of course sell the plans to you, me and our listeners, and he was advised that he could get an upgrade to full fiber placing the order going up one of those speed tier plans to the hundred plan, and there's no that triggers the upgrade for free, so you don't pay for the fiber upgrade. You might have a couple of dollars different in your plan, or maybe not because you know there's a lot of competition with one hundred and fifty retail service providers, so you might actually get a better deal and save some dollars by triggering this upgrade. But talking to your phone in internet provider to see if one of these upgrades you know is available to you is absolutely the first step.
Speaker 1: And Jane just lastly talking about saving dolls. It's into financial year and so many retailers have end of YEW financial year sales, and I know a lot of the providers and the resellers of internet services also do super competitive time.
Speaker 2: And you know, if you haven't checked your plan in a while, do it. Do it now, because we know that the phone and internet providers want your business, you know, talk to them about doing your deal. They're even bundling some of their services as well, so you might be able to get your NBN, you might be able to get your mobile and some of those streaming services all bundled up for a really competitive price. So you know, do your research, talk to friends and family, talk to your phone and internet provider, and maybe go to some of those independent websites that do all the hard work for you.
Speaker 1: Good on, Jane, thank you, Thank you j mcmahara from the NBN. You can go onto the NBN website and actually just type your addressing and see what's available for you in terms of upgrades. Great things are happening every minute on NBN. To find out more, visit that website. It is NBN dot com dot au