Speaker 1: I think you by exhorted because count met a big win.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Australia overnight and now here's.
Speaker 2: My grandpa Daddy.
Speaker 1: You'll be happy.
Speaker 3: Australia's quiet the night.
Speaker 4: It rolls on, voices, echo until the break could dawn.
Speaker 3: Through the dark.
Speaker 5: There's a guiding line three aw keeps us closed.
Speaker 3: Tonight overnight.
Speaker 6: We sdy.
Speaker 1: Stories and laughter.
Speaker 6: From city streets to the outbacks. Guys, Australia tree as station flights.
Speaker 1: Wonderful to have your company wherever you are light across Australia. Thank you to Simon and the team here for.
Speaker 3: Remember when night hours.
Speaker 1: The softly morning Andrew.
Speaker 4: City wakes Hort goes now. Sony's voice like a friendly.
Speaker 7: Brings the country close across the slam over.
Speaker 2: No, we shared.
Speaker 4: Stories, laughter.
Speaker 1: Everywhere we've cleared the lunch. You'll get through a strut away, come and join us. Wonder only Nathan cost just a moment one double three six nine three for sending a message that you do that as you row four double seven six nine three six nine three.
Speaker 8: Nights soffree City wings Hart goes now to his hawks like a friendly hair brings the country close.
Speaker 3: Across the Sland.
Speaker 1: It's what we do. Come and join us tonight one double three six nine three. Because Nathan is here, Let's do this. It is the pilot himself.
Speaker 5: Go I lot up the airways. Here is my request.
Speaker 9: You don't have to play, but hope you'll do your best.
Speaker 5: I've been listening to show the rain, and you seem lack of friends.
Speaker 1: Nathans Morning wheels down, Nathan Cosh for those that may or may not know, let me introduce you because the unlikely event, unlikely people are tuning in after all these years, and go well, Nathan coll it's a long weekend, so there might be a new listener. True, and we love every new listener.
Speaker 2: And the old one.
Speaker 1: Nathan Kosh is highly regarded quantas Captain by his friend's colleagues and passengers.
Speaker 2: I hope so.
Speaker 1: And he is also a vet, which is really handy when he comes in here. So if you have a sick animal across this Queen Kingsburg, see I knew I do that. King's birthday, long weekend.
Speaker 2: How many years, many many many years? It was Queen's birthday.
Speaker 1: My entire life, yeah, pretty much, yes, your entire life. We've not known any other version it was always funny when Mum and Dad would talk about the King King. Yes, thought that's a little weird.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like back of the old day, back and now and now it's back in the new days.
Speaker 1: It is so, Nathan, if you'd like to join us, anything you'd like to raise on the program A one double three six nine three. Any Carlton supporters if you would like to join us as well.
Speaker 2: It'd be more than welcome. I'll come back after one.
Speaker 1: Then little Blake. The son in law is Shan, and Sean's a passionate Carlton person in w A. And so there's this there's this fight between Shawn and me as to whether or not she can Mary from Melbourne. And I think at this stage was Melbourne for a long time, because I just singing it's a grand old flag.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think.
Speaker 1: She may have gone back to Carlbin.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's.
Speaker 1: Because because I'm not there enough yes to force to force doctor.
Speaker 2: Isn't Isn't it funny? How you know we we have our allegiances to our footy clubs, and then something comes along, perhaps with our kids, and they change, or you know, you get differences in families and it causes all sorts of fun and games, and yes, it's it's interesting because well, my son when he was younger, I'm it's called a supporter, long suffering. I mean that goes without saying. And he or some cousins of mine were very passionate Essendon supporters and they took him to the football when he was young. It took him a few times. And he said to my ex you know, he came he said, would dad be upset if I married? And so I was told this and she said, look, I think he might be, so maybe not. But I was doing some stuff with the club at the time, and Grant Thomas was the coach at the time, and I was going in there for a meeting. He said, oh, if you've got any kids, you know, come bring them along. And I said, you know what, this could work out really well because my son, you know, he has been indoctrinated by his cousins because he's been going to Essendon games and things, and I think it'd be really good. So he said bring him in. Anyway, So at this meeting there's the assistant coaches and Grant Thomas, and Grant says, well, come on, we'll go down there training there. We are sitting inside at more An Oval, sitting inside the ground, and he said, come in. We go into the dressing room afterwards, and introduced him to Nick Revolt and Robert Harvey and Steven Milne and Justin Kazitski and all of the greats. And then I moved him straight into the Saint's shop next door, decked him out from head to toe ands and killed the gear welded on. That's it done. And I said to him he last year for his twenty fifth birthday. Now, I said, so, I'm going to give you a birthday present that money can't buy.
Speaker 1: And he said that's that dad, premiership.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, And I said, I will give you permission to change teams. Ah, they're not going they're not traveling too well. And he looked at I knew what the answer was going to be, and he looked at me and he said, I can't. I can't do it. And I thought, you're done. Like the rest of us.
Speaker 1: It must have been really difficult for the great suffering so South Melbourne footy clubs, yes to lose their team or the great Fitzroy football Glad you think about it now and do they still continue to Burick four, albeit rebranded. Yes, and those great teams that people may have supported, saying South Australia forever and in Western Australia forever yep. Then you get the things on the West Coast Eagles or the crows Port Adelaide and so on. I mean it's that that change in context. I guess of the team that you may have followed as a child.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know well, And then you know the things that the clubs have gone through, even in my memory. And you know, Hawthorne wasn't that Hawthorne and Melbourne we're going to be merged at one point they were, and then Joe Goodnick came along and tipped some money into Melbourne Football Club and it's sort have saved all of that. And I guess it evolves. The game does evolve, and now charge to evolve. Yeah. And the current chapter, of course is the Tazzy Devils and it's not going to have anything to do with the team, but it's all about the stadium. And you know, whether the Tasi government's got a billion dollars to build a stadium with a roof, because that's part of the deal they have to put a roof on, otherwise it ain't going to happen. So there's all these people now that have giving their heart and soul to try and get this club set up, and it could all come to nowt if well there's going to be an election in Tasmania and if the opposition gets in it maybe all over red Rover. But even if the current government gets back, they just may not have the money to do it. Billion bucks. I believe their annual budget is ten billion a year, so billion dollars really is ten percent of their annual budget. So I was really.
Speaker 1: Surprised to hear. I'm not surprised to hear. I was interested to hear the great Man Eddie was talking about the Collingwood Football club and what a cost to put a team on the ground these days. Yeah, and I think, and I hope I haven't misquoted. I think he said, just to get that team up each and every year for Collingwood eighty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Well they save a lot on dentistry though, don't they.
Speaker 1: The big news of course his King's birthday, you know, but they.
Speaker 2: Say that the well, actually that the inventor of the toothbrush was a colleing let's.
Speaker 1: Support Scott Morris because they said if it.
Speaker 2: Was from any other team it would have been called a teeth brush.
Speaker 1: The I'm not it's dreadful. Scott Morrison has blanket vaccine mandates, school closures during the pandemic, defended the creation of the National Cabinet back big spending measures, rocketed out the other side of COVID. Yes, yes, yes, anyway, so he's now ac Scott Morrison AC.
Speaker 2: Well, therein lies another question. I mean I'm not sure. Well, perhaps our listeners can add their opinions. Do you think that politicians should get these sort of gongs because this is their job to me, those sorts of accolades for people that go over and above, and it's not just what they do for their jobs. So you know what, every polygue just gets a gone when they retire. I mean they get a lovely golden handshake of course when they leave the Parliament, and they won't have to pay their big super tax because they get exempt like various other people. And you're with your three million dollars in super you're going to be struggling, Tony, I know that. But won't be easy, won't be won't be easy. But it's just I don't know. I'm just not so sure about Polly's getting all these accolades.
Speaker 1: Philip Adams. Yes, extraordin contribution, according to The Australian Today, has been recognized the appointment of com of Order of Australia General Division. Eminence serves to broadcast media, to journalism, the arts, cultural leadership and to the community over many many years.
Speaker 2: Yes, just couple correct.
Speaker 1: So we'll look at those as we go through the morning together. If you would like to join in, we'd love to hear from you. One double one, double three six nine three is our telephone number. I'm Tony McManus. It is Australia over. Nathan Coosh is here. You'll call straight after this.
Speaker 10: And it's a big welcome to everybody through five double A and adelaide the ACE radio and it work.
Speaker 1: It's three a w here in Melbourne. I think six p our listeners join us a little later on the morning. Nathan Coosh is here. Cold is Captain extraordinary and if you need some veterany advice, now would be the time to ring through one double three six nine three in Mooney Palms. Now there's the great Moody ponds are Thomas Sina.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Good morning, Tony, and good morning Nathan.
Speaker 2: Hello Thomasina, how are you this morning.
Speaker 12: I'm very well seen from cold as we all are cold.
Speaker 11: But I don't mind the rain, so this is a good thing.
Speaker 1: Oh desperately, just so much.
Speaker 11: Indeed, Nathan, I have two questions. Yeah, one is related to the cat. Yes, I believe there's a pheromone plug in. Yeah, yes, this question.
Speaker 2: No, that's all right. It's called Philly Way and it is a pheromone, so it's a hormone or inhaled hormone that it does help to settle them down and calm them down. And you plug it into the wall, just like one of those air freshmary kind of things, and we can't smell it, but they can, and it can just help if they're a bit stressed. It can help to calm them down a little bit. There's in the States, they have a whole bunch of different versions and they're starting to be released here. There's a second one called Feely Way Friends, and it's specifically designed sort of from multi cat households. If there's a bit of argie bargie happening between the cats in a multi.
Speaker 1: Cat household Bargie.
Speaker 2: Yes, feel away friends, but the normal feel a way is just to help settle them down because it just makes them feel a little bit more relaxed.
Speaker 13: And is there anything that you can actually like you.
Speaker 14: Can put on your hands, yes, and so.
Speaker 11: When you're actually stroking them, it's also going on to their coat.
Speaker 2: Look, there is a spray as well, and they say not to put it directly on them, and because cats particularly do the grooming and so they'll lick it off. Not that it's harmful, but it's just better not to. So you can put it in their bedding. You can spray it on their bedding with dogs as an equivalent product called adaptyl, and you can get it. Maybe your cat will tolerate it. Just tie a little bandana around its neck and just spray some of it in the in the bandanna. Or there's the collars as well, and I think they've got the collars here and then you just put the collar on in that way, they just get a little a little dose of it just all the time, and it can just help it. Look, it's not going to turn a you know, a whirling dervish into a I said lapcat, but it can well help just to take the edge off them a little bit.
Speaker 11: I think I think that's what she needs so well.
Speaker 2: And look at it's available from pet shops, so it's not something you need prescription. So I think it's worth the try. And you know, we suggested all the time when we've got cats and dogs with some stress issues, behavioral issues, because it's one of those things you know, it can't hurt to use it. It's very simple, it's very straightforward, it's very safe, and that just might help to make the difference and just take the edge off for a bit.
Speaker 11: Good.
Speaker 13: I think she definitely needs it as she's getting.
Speaker 2: Older, and it takes time to work. It's not an instant you success. It's it's going to take a few weeks before you notice a change.
Speaker 1: Did you have another quickie job sooner?
Speaker 15: I do?
Speaker 11: Actually, Nathan, you said you once owned a horse.
Speaker 14: Yes, do you still ride?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: I don't. I when I was at during my uni years, I started learning to ride, and then I ended up buying a horse and he was a massive seventeen to two hands thoroughbred, a slow race horse he was, and had him for a few years and then when I was in final year vet I just didn't have the time to do him justice and to ride, so I sold him on and I think I've been on a horse once since. Went up to the Bulow River station in the Northern Territory and we went on a bit of a horse ride, but that's about it. And I think now my bones probably wouldn't cope with riding a horse because I don't want to come off and bust anything. Ah fair enough to but it was great fun and he was terrific, but I ended up. The trouble with owning a horse is that whether you ride them or whether you don't, they still cost you because you've got to feed them, just them farriers, vets, rugs, whatever else, so you're forever forking out money. And as a student, I was working weekends in order to save up money to look after him, and which meant that I just didn't have the time to actually ride him. So it sort of defeated the purpose a bit, and I sold him and I thought, well, what am I going to do for a hobby? So I started learning to fly and the rest is history.
Speaker 1: Thomas, sooner you kicked it off beautifully for us. Now I'm just looking at Martha Gardeners. Yes book, Yes cats, it comes under sea cats.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's good, which makes it easy to find. Very handy.
Speaker 1: You and Martha in the day said, if you're troubled by a visitation.
Speaker 2: Of cats, yes, what would that be a visitation of cats? Cats visiting like strange cats jumping over your fence and things.
Speaker 1: You can keep them away from your favorite plants by sprinking a little kerosene or claddy ammonia on a cloth, leaving it on the spot. There you go. For some reason, cats don't like orange peels, so leave it around the cut edge facing upwards.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: From Martha all those years ago. Yes, a fantastic speaking of horse riding. Yeah, you may or may not remember from the great three x Y all those years ago. It was a great friend and announcer mic O Lachlan.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know the name who worked at x Y.
Speaker 1: I worked at five AD in Adelaide for a long time. For Adelaide listeners would remember the great mic O Lachlan and recently, up until recently was hosting a talk program in right around Tasmania. Great bloke and Michael took me horse riding for the first time. This is Sircer eighty four eighty five. The morning before, the day before I was due to fly out overseas for the first time in history. Could not walk for three days, walking around Paris and London for three days because of that horse ride. It was agonizingly painful. Nobody told me how difficult that can work.
Speaker 2: Yes, things get stretched that you don't realize that your hair.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Ross in North Caulfield, morning.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Jents, Tony Nathan, Hello, rous. I remember Mike Lachlan needs to do the seven o'clock.
Speaker 18: So on.
Speaker 1: The did the great Marco Lachlan. They called him super In Adelaide, he was known as super Jock. Not so much a three x Y super jock, but certainly a three x y. He was Melbourne. Did you call himself super Joe? I think he might have. He was a great music presenter. There was none better than mic O Lochlan when he was on fire.
Speaker 17: Very good. I've got a question. I've got I've got a seven months old Labrador and at the park another dog had bit his ear and he went yep. He didn't realize that he was bleeding. He's leasing lots of blood. So I got a steptic gell after I've washed it and put it on, and I'm just wondering, does that sort of hold that steptic jell Let's stop the bleeding permanently and just leave it on for a few days, or should I wash it off and change it or would you suggest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, I think you're better off once the bleedings stop. Then what you need is disinfectant, so use something like better Den or Savlon, and I would put it on the wounds. One of the problems with dog bites is that bite wounds mouths are full of bacteria and when they bite, they're very prone to becoming infected. So the important thing is that now that the bleeding is stopped, and that should stop pretty quickly, which sounds like it already has. Now the important thing is to make sure that it doesn't get infected. So yeah, as I say, put something on Detyl can be a bit stingy, but certainly better Den or hibertating the red stuff or savlon is good. The thing you've got to watch with ears and ears do bleed a lot because it's part of their heat exchange mechanism. So as we perspire then dogs will pant and cats will pant. And also there's a big blood flow in the ears and that acts as a bit of a radiator as well. And sometimes what can happen is that you get one of the big blood vessels rupturing in the ear, and because there's not much pressure inside the ear, it can actually blow up and make the ear quite fat. And if it does that, you do nothing about it. As the clot sort of settles down and gets reabsorbed and forms the scar, it will contract and that scar will deform the ear and what you get is what in the humans, like happen with boxes and things, is a couliflower ear because it's all bent up and twisted up. So if it looks like that ear is getting fat, then you might need to take him to the vet and they probably need to anesthetize him, and there's all different things you can do, but you need to keep the ear flat. But if it's just the bleeding and the bleeding stop, that's fine. Now get into the disinfectant and if you notice if it looks a bit pussy, or if it looks a bit gunky, or if looks like it's swelling up, then I'd get your dog to the vat.
Speaker 17: Okay, Anger, is it just a normal better day like myself.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can use the cream or you can use the liquid, but yeah, just normal better Dean is fine, okay.
Speaker 17: Really appreciate your all.
Speaker 2: A pleasure, Russ pleasure and welcome.
Speaker 1: Lots of text coming in as well. Get there, Heavy rain sell. This is from j C, who sends a lot of messages about fire and rain. I've seen fire, I've seen rain.
Speaker 2: I've seen sunny days that I thought never.
Speaker 1: End, as smooth as silk. A pleasure to listen to you both. Thank you very much for that, Rod, JC says heavy rain cell about to hit Melbourne soon. You can see it in the rain radar. J C, thanks for that.
Speaker 2: Jonathan, how are you? You bet good friend of the program.
Speaker 1: He is very much so we will do this when we come back. Plenty of time for your calls. Come and join us. It is Australia overnight. It is the King's Birthday edition one double three six nine three. Come and join us a nice heavy company wherever you are right across Australia. It is a Monday morning.
Speaker 2: It is the.
Speaker 1: King's Birthday Monday more. If you'd like to join us. You might be staying up late, you might be a first time list of first time caller. You can jump on board as well. We'd love to talk to you. One double three six nine three. Nathan Kosh for those that don't know, is a Cortus captain. So anything. If you have a question with regards to aviation, there is no finer. And if you happen to have a sick animal in your life, Nathan can be here to help you. And it's all free, free veterinary advice. Three will just stay over here together.
Speaker 2: Just don't tell anyone, all right, David, good morning to be on the black.
Speaker 18: You will, hello David, Nathan. How are you both?
Speaker 2: Very well? David, how are you traveling on this King's birthday?
Speaker 18: Well, I rang up to say you too. I nominated you both for and honor.
Speaker 2: I'm not disappointed why we didn't get it.
Speaker 18: He didn't get anything, so I'm real you know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, as you should be. Maybe we need to start a petition or something.
Speaker 18: I'll just keep putting it in guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks very sweet.
Speaker 1: We don't need the accreditation now, we're just happy.
Speaker 2: Happy in the service.
Speaker 19: You know, yes, No, Well, if they can give to both sides of politics.
Speaker 18: Those gongs, I think you guys will be entitled to.
Speaker 2: It, thank you. So what's your thought? You know? My thinking is that, I mean, politicians go in and that's their job. Should we give them all these honors and things for doing what they're meant to be doing? To me, those sort of awards are for over and above and that. You know, the people that do all sorts of other things in the community. I guess they do too, but it's really their jobs. So why do we give them all these accolades for doing what we pay them to do? Are there any politicians listening to give us a call for politicians? Sorry, David interrupted.
Speaker 19: I said, I think it's jobs for the boys. You know, you're staying here for so long, we'll give you all gong. Well, I reckon the next one that's going to get it is done. Here's a need you to possibly get one in about eighteen months.
Speaker 2: I dare say. That's just what they do. They have to sort of disappear off the radar for a little while and then all of a sudden they get given something.
Speaker 18: Mm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so anyway, that's yeah, system you did.
Speaker 19: Sorry, Nathan, I interrupted, Tony I see you did get my reports brother from the car racing.
Speaker 1: Yes, all you did for what happened in the w A over the weekend.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I didn't go because she who BAEd.
Speaker 1: Said no, no money, honey.
Speaker 18: Knew the computer said, now all right, guys off, that's all right.
Speaker 1: Nice to talk to you, Gillett. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 20: Hello, Hi, Tony, Hi Nathan, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Pleasure.
Speaker 21: I've got a i'd say, fifteen sixteen month old mile entire golden retriever.
Speaker 14: Who is doing my head in.
Speaker 21: He is true still living crap out of my couch, which I cleaned up today. I bought him a Queen sizes mattress, which he's already.
Speaker 14: Started to chew.
Speaker 21: Admittedly, I don't work him because by the time I'm on my own, so by the time I get home, I haven't.
Speaker 18: Got time to walk him.
Speaker 21: He is chewing everything.
Speaker 2: What can I do now? My first question to you is why are you keeping him entire? Are you going to breed with him?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 21: No, no, I'm a single home person. I've just had my female multi shit seed do sex because it's cost me nearly.
Speaker 18: Six hundred dollars.
Speaker 21: I'm just about take that off. So when that's paid off, he's going to get done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good because it's although you know, I would never say to people, look at get your animal neuted and it's going to turn him into a placid lapdog. That's that's not going to happen to be a breed.
Speaker 21: I bread I've bread garden retreats for fifteen years.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if he's if you're not going to breed with him. Definitely new to on medical grounds as much as anything else, as testicular cancers and prostrate problems and things that they don't get if they're if they're new toed. But I suspect that what's going on with him is that, you know, because you're working and because you don't have time to walk him, he's getting bored and so he's starting to get destructive. And then he's just chewing in appropriately a big button.
Speaker 22: He's been doing.
Speaker 21: It since I got him, Like he's got a he's got a multi ship partner that lives in the backyard with him.
Speaker 23: My god, ye.
Speaker 2: Have you got have you got some like a food releasing toys that you can give him when you reach the toys like the cong you know, kongs and things where your stuff them with food and that keeps them occupied as the food is slowly being released. Those sorts of get some of that. And there's a million of them around and they're not terribly expensive. Some of them will dispense a wet food, some of them will dispense dry food. And there's sort of games and things, some of them where they have to tap this to open that and you know they get one little bit of dry food or other things with it.
Speaker 21: That's like a plate that he has to move a certain thing over to open something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's all different kinds. Have a look around, but I think if you can do that and you know, put some food and whatever into those toys, that will keep him occupied for a fair amount of the day and hopefully it'll take his mind of having to chew. Often these things and it's not because their mouths are sore or their teething or that type of thing, but it's what we call the displacement behavior. So he's stressed about something and the way that he shows it is by chewing, because that gives him the release, even though you know, the energy release, even though it's got nothing to do with what's actually causing his anxiety or in the first place. Now it might be if none of those things work, you need to have a chat to your vet and he may need some sort of anti anxiety medication. And even if he doesn't strike you as being nervous, sometimes that sort of behavior is a form of anxiety. And then by giving him something that'll just take the edge off him, maybe he's not going to be chewing so much. So I'd try the food releasing toys and as I say, there's a heap of them, and then see how you go with that. If that's not helping them, you might need to get to the vet and have a chat about some medication just to settle him down, just to take his anxiety away.
Speaker 1: And hope that helps a little bit. In Lord, Hello, is so belgoboring to you.
Speaker 24: Good morning, tea mate, Good morning Nathan, my favorite, two beautiful guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You should get out more. But yes, thank you very much, we'll take it.
Speaker 13: I wanted to talk about riding a horse.
Speaker 24: I rode a horse back in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 25: Right, I was sixteen years old and I was riding this horse.
Speaker 2: No at all, Yes, on the beach.
Speaker 24: No, No, it was we went to a waterfall, yes, and I had a bikinis on and that was all I had on.
Speaker 26: Well it was best.
Speaker 24: I loved it. Yes, can you believe that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot of those resorts and things in islands. And just to be able to ride, ride bareback or ride along the beach, it's it's quite fun, isn't it. And the horses, of course, they have placid horses, so they're not going to take off and oh they.
Speaker 24: Were beautiful, but they we were galloping along the road after we'd gone to the waterfall. It was like a complete galloping thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, which when you're not when you haven't got a saddle, can be a bit exciting. At I was going to say yes indeed, Isabelle, have you ever been to Cable Beach, a little place called Broom in w A.
Speaker 24: No, I haven't hadn't.
Speaker 13: I want to go to w A.
Speaker 24: I really want to go there.
Speaker 2: It's worth it there and I lived in Broom for six months.
Speaker 1: Ride the camels.
Speaker 2: I did do a camel ride, a camel ride on the sunset. They have a string of camels and dromedaries. Yes, not a battery and camel of course, because a dromedary has one hump, and that's what ours have, and the battery and camels have two humps. And then if you there's camels with no humps, and their name is Humphrey, that's the one.
Speaker 24: We're sixty years old, like.
Speaker 2: That's right, yes, And he still he still couldn't put on a pair of pants for the occasion. Candless pantless, yes, but yes, they're riding the camel at the Cable Beach. And I did a little bit of locoming at the vet clinic up there, and then I got the We got the call and they said, oh, You've got to go out to wherever and have a look at one of the camels. And I'm thinking, oh my god, what do I know about blooming camels. We are talking with the owner. They they knew pretty much what was going on, so I was just there to give them a hand. But yeah, there's they're interesting critters and they're they're not the nicest things. Generally. They spit and they carry on and get a bit.
Speaker 24: I had alarm splices inlaid.
Speaker 27: Many many years.
Speaker 2: Our pack is Lama's camels, or if they're pretty good at all that they do horrible yes, indeed.
Speaker 24: You guys are beautiful.
Speaker 28: I love you by.
Speaker 2: Beautiful beach. It's stunning. It's you know, because you get, of course in w A, which we don't get on the East Coast, the sun sets and when they're if they're doing their burning off and there's a lot of particles in the air that the red the glow of the sunsets is absolutely spectacle.
Speaker 1: It's very very special partner the world. When we do this will come back. Are your calls if you'd like to join in one double three six nine three for Australia every night. There's a great name Greta Bradman and now Greta Bradman AmAm citation for Melbourne based Bradman these days her significant service to performing arts a range of roles and to psychology.
Speaker 2: I didn't know she was psychology.
Speaker 29: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she's quoted in the paper today in the Ohs saying Grandpa, really don't you love that?
Speaker 2: Grand Grandpa?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir Donald Bradman, Grandpa really instilled in me, my dad and the whole family a sense of hey, fame is complete, not a BS yes, which is lovely it yes, it's not something to you either go after or think about just because you happen to be good at one thing, and that story goes on as a talented child singer. Talented is incredible. Yes, veered away from music mental health struggles, certainly before returning to record and perform at the highest level, and then sidestepic career into a psychologist. As a psychologist, more than her fair share of a self doubt. Many of us have had self doubt. Of course, we have Dory morning mel Hi.
Speaker 22: Oh, that lady with the golden retrieve. Yes, first of all, I think she paid too much to get her more Teese's to d sex. Normally it's about one hundred and fifty to two hundred. She said she paid six hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah for a female. And I don't know, and I can't pass comment because I don't know whether it may have been a complicated desexing or whatever.
Speaker 22: So yeah, with the chewing, if it's only a puppy, you know, that's what dogs do. But it needs a dog that size needs two walks a day now, whether she gets someone a puppy walker or someone like that. And my daughter walks puppy dogs and she's twenty bucks an hour and she's run off her feet. And also there's a it's a thing called bully sticks and they're like a reven type sticky bite the pet shops, you know, the food outlets for dogs, the dogs entertainment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the sort of thing, and we were talking about that. I think funding is a bit tight, so I don't know if she'd be able to afford to get a puppy walker. But I think at the moment that's part of the problem. That the dog's inside and her circumstance does not allow her to walk the dog as much as she would like. So there's got to be other ways. And I think, yeah, the food distracting things, and as you say, those sticks are anything like that, that's just going to keep the dog occupied for a while and keep it away from chewing on things that you know, we don't want them to chew. And if it's there and there's no one to say no to it during the day, then it's just going to go on its merry way. But I wonder too whether, as I said, whether it's a manifestation of an anxiety or some other stress, and so maybe it might come down to some anti anxiety medication just to help to take not to tranquilize it, but just to settle it down. But anyway, we will get a report as we as we go along and keep listening, Mel, and if you can add some suggestions and everything too, they're always gratefully appreciated because a lot of our listeners have had animals or issues of the same and if you can share your experience, and that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's really tricky, thank you, Mel. It's really tricky when people have a dog, for example. I mean, I guess they all need to.
Speaker 2: Be walked, well they should be, and some look some more than others. But yeah, they like the stimulation of being out there and also the exercise. They are bred for running around of course to various levels. And the Golden Retriever is a retriever. They would go out there and retrieve ducks that had been or that type of thing. Labrador Retriever is same. So yeah, it's about keeping them amused and occupied and letting them run. And that's why when I see people say you have dogs like kelpies or blue heelers in town, you really do need to, you know, to keep them exercised and occupied. And friend of mine has two heelers, and they're fantastic because they're very active people and they go out and take it, take them for walks and runs and things, and they get plenty of stimulation and plenty of exercise. But you know, you've got to try what you do as best you can, of course, but if the dog's telling you that something's wrong because it's starting to chew crazily, then I think, yeah, we need to try and help if we can.
Speaker 1: One of our senior producers of Dennis's program here on three O. W.
Speaker 2: Taylor is a dog work dog walker. Yes, she loves it, yes, And she tells me story. She has all these dogs that she just walks at the same time with handsfuls of leads, and I think, don't they carry on and don't they cause grief with each other? And no, she's very strict and they get sin bind if they cause any problems, and they can get suspended or they can even be expelled. So yeah, she runs a tight ship. But all of these dogs get on and she takes them out for walks, so they have a ball same way that she manages Deadist pretty much.
Speaker 1: It's exactly the Zome takes him for a bit of a walk bey game on here at eight o'clock, Simon, what have you got for this morning?
Speaker 30: Oh, yester morning, Tony in. Yeah, my mom was boring a third one day. One more brother around and bitter round or yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: Look sometimes the and I've heard stories sometimes the sledding dogs, because they're not bread for person, you know, for for being pets. They're bread for pulling sled's working dogs, and so their temperament isn't quite the same as you know, a Golden Retriever or a little Maltese or something like that, and so we can find that they can get that way. And friends of mine many years ago had a husky, and I've heard similar stories for no good reason, all of a sudden just started to get quite savage, and unfortunately they had to remove the dog because they had little children. But they can turn. And that's why I always say you never ever leave dogs with children unsupervised, because you just don't know. They're not robots and something might happen, or they might just the child might cause some sort of issue that triggers the dog and they can end up badly. So yeah, it's not unheard of, Simon. For well, if dogs aren't socialized, or if they have that temperament, they can be quite aggressive. So you always have to be careful and always when you're approaching strange dogs and things, even dogs that are tied up outside the supermarket, that type of thing, if you want to give them a pat, you know, always make sure you wait for the owner and just see if it's okay to pat the dog, because you hope if it's tied up outside the supermarket it should be friendly. However, not always.
Speaker 1: Zero four doubles seven six nine three six nine three four A message. You can do that as well. Zero four double seven sixty nine three six nine three and four emails which you have a really good look at later on today it's overnights at three aw dot com dot A you for those that are waiting you stadium will come to you straight after the news. Nathan Cash is here. I'm Tony mcmaus. If you'd like to jump on board, don't leave us here by ourselves here the side there you can call through now. We'll get you on a SAP one double three six nine three. Keep the text line open as well. Zero four doubles seven six nine three six nine three. We're going to go and make it cover. You do the same that we'll street it see you straight after the news with as.
Speaker 9: Now this is a straightia obenized with Tony McManus the.
Speaker 31: Strange Place, and we did like to think of you two.
Speaker 1: You and I went snuck up. We made a cap of tea and we rated the Cabalt chocolate bin who was very very kind and said that we'll try one of these. You just didn't tell me. It's a really hard beece of chocolate. Yes, I've bitten him on the front tooth, and I thought, oh, did you hear it? Snap?
Speaker 2: I heard not your tooth, but I heard the I heard the chocolate snap. But give us a smile, Tony, I think, oh, I think it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, It's all right. But at one stage, no.
Speaker 2: He've done a too.
Speaker 1: Yes, come and join us one double, three, six nine three. Lots of texts coming in. People are saying it remind us great Australian songs from the Star Rusty Wiley, Yes, which I think was another one written by Johnny Young. Okay, sure he wrote that's stand to be corrected, but I'm sure he did Speak to the sky by Rick Springfield and you the one that you speaked up from Johnny and East Victoria Park. You remind us somewhere over the rainbow. Yes, remember that wonderful version by Israel Kami Kowalski.
Speaker 2: Close, You've got the got the beginning, a wonderful Hawaii It's lovely version. Apparently he just went in, did one take and that was it and and it's been released subsequently. So some of the words are a bit skew if but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It's it's still worked. Alison. Hi, So hello to the one and only Nathan Kosh or don't yeah, well hello James, you know, hello to you, James, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 32: Swing. That's thing article the Sun UK website online. Right, I had a crazy plane lady who was recorded having mid air meltdown on American airlines a couple of years ago. Right, she was, she's launched an exclusive hunting account right now. In your years in the industry, is that a regular parents or.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Look here, Look there have been there have been instances of people sort of losing it on aeroplanes. And we had probably a year or two ago, someone on a flight back from Bali that was having some issues and ended up needing some restraint and assistance really for the whole flight because they just you know, really really lost it. So with you millions of people in the air at any one time, then you know there's there's always a possibility of someone whether they've got mental health issues, whether they're affected by drugs or the like, can certainly cause some problems on board aircraft because you're locked up in a little tin. Can really that Sometimes a little bit of claustrophobia can also cause stress for people on an aircraft. But look, ninety nine point nine nine percent of people are a fine. You just get the occasional one and of course they make the news, so you think, oh, is this something that happens all the time, But it certainly doesn't. Definitely not.
Speaker 32: Also in America, I have armed security guards.
Speaker 2: Look, there are a marshalls on some flights, and you know we we have them. They have them, and they are undercover and they're just randomly placed on flights and sometimes they they will be there and they are trained not to react because sometimes these things, let's say, I'm hypothetically someone was carrying on and then they decided to show themselves that that person might be a decoy, and there might be other people there as well, So they keep a very low profile until it's a situation that they they judge and they decide and they might have to do something, do something about.
Speaker 32: Yeah, because freshly oid an incident or in Adelaide on the public train. It's a regular occurrence with crazy people. And there was one got a week or two back on the secret line, right, and I thought it was going to get out of band anyway. The guards security go just ignored it, just kept near him. Yes, And then when he got off, he said, it's not worth it. You just let him do whatever they want, you know, rav On, because the more you try and stop them, yes and heed he mentioned the Vondai jac So yeah, it's not worth it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's the thing, and you know you have to use your judgment. If you escalate things quickly, then you don't know which way it's going to go. And there can be some issues with people with different things going on. So yeah, certainly they just have to play it by year and on that situation to do what they think is the best thing that's going to help keep it diffused, as you.
Speaker 1: Would, James, thank you for that. Hello, well listen, we gotcha excellent.
Speaker 26: Hello, so keep it quick.
Speaker 27: I've phoned up about my cat before I got her when she was one year old and she was a trauma cat, so yes, adopted her. She's six years old now. She has these psychotic events normally two a year. She's on talks the team, Yes, coming care sae yep. But she had a psychotic event about four weeks ago and now and then two weeks ago she had another one. And now tonight she was really good, she was settling down, she was fine, But all of a sudden tonight she's gone off again and she hisses, she spits, she attacks me, and I don't know what to do. I don't know if it's tummy trouble. Then yesterday I thought she hadn't done a pea or a poo, but I checked it and she did today. And it's like she's terrified of something. I don't know what to do. She got a little brain shamer. If she's sick, yeah, well I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look, it's hard to know. And if the flu ox a team which is the chemical name of prozac, if it's been helping, that's great, they might. I think it's going to be something. Given it's that level of issue, I think, you know, heading back to your VET and going through all the options. And then there are the veterinary behavior specialists out there and they often will work through teams calls or zoom calls and so you can have access to the best people in the country. And if these things are getting more frequent, these episodes, and what we what we would always do is before we label something as a behavioral problem, we would always try and rule out any physical issue. So if you can get it back to the vet, but get them to do a good check over, maybe some blood tests, all of that sort of thing, and if everything comes up as being normal, then, as I say, if if it's reached the end of your vet's ability to deal with a behavioral issue, get them to refer you to one of the veterory behaviorists and you have a good talk with them and they will hopefully be able to provide you with some sort of training, advice and probably a different medication as well. But it's a very specialized area and all of the different things that they use are generally not compounds that we would use. But there might you know, you might need to switch medications that sort of thing. So I think Allison you're probably better off to head back to your vet and discuss in depth.
Speaker 1: Well done you, Ellison, thank you for being part of the program. A very important text here that says, any suggestions on how to stop my blue Healer from barking while in the car, well, we highly recommend that if you are training your dog that you don't do it from inside the car. It's best to do it and train and support the dog when you're not in the car.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: But the other thing is get it used to the car, and sometimes yeah, I went straight over. I know what you mean. I choose to ignore it.
Speaker 1: It's a funny text says any suggestion it has stop the blue Hiller barking while in the car, well, no, don't do it from in car. Do it from outside the car.
Speaker 2: Yes, But often that you know, dogs, because they're out and about and because they're seeing the world. I'm just going to keep going. They'll they react because there's all sorts of things going on. So yeah, you don't see. What Tony is saying is don't leave the dog in the car while you're outside the car trying to train it.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: So you need to be in the car with the dog when you try and train it. So the thing to do would be just to sit in the car in the driveway with the door open and just keep your dog entertained and you know, play a game and distract it and do all of that sort of thing and then close the door and then maybe start the engine and over a period of time all of this and then just sort of up and down the driveway. So the aim is to desensitize your dog so it doesn't get so reactive when it goes out when it goes out in the car. So it's really a matter of over a period of time, little bits, little little times in the car and reward your dog for remaining calm and being calm, and don't just sort of take it out for a big drive because then obviously it's going to get reactive and carry on. So just try and you sit with your dog in the car in the driveway and then gradually build it up as it gets used to the car and stops reacting and barking.
Speaker 1: There you go with that, Tony make Nathan didn't get to hear the verdict on the AI segment you originally spoke about with Nathan a few weeks ago. Don't remember that one.
Speaker 2: Please get back to us, Jenny with I should do.
Speaker 1: I knew blokey as well cute and very smart go blues glad here is founding a whole lot better, Jenny. That's very kind of you. Tony and Nathan follow Essington in AFL, Port Melbourne in VFL. What's only in grassroots footy VFL has changed. I can't follow, and because Port Melbourne has always been my team, goes on VFL has changed a great deal? Makes you thank you?
Speaker 10: It has, Yes, Nathan, I've been using the adaptable, adaptable natural pheromone YEP for the dog and neck band, purchased in Queensland and delivered sixty bucks yep as opposed to one hundred.
Speaker 2: So you do need to shop off, you know, have a look around online for these things because the prices can vary. And yeah, it is a natural product and last about a month, and yeah, give it give it a go.
Speaker 1: Let me Liz David your next star in Australia. Overnaright. We are blessed with some very funny, clever people that are really cool but will often text yes and so they remind us of things that we have not heard for a long time. Like always thought that camel with No Humps was simply called Alice. Yes, Alice the Camel has no humps.
Speaker 2: Okay, it wasn't part of my child I think it was.
Speaker 1: I think it was part of going to say, play school. But really it might be one of those one of those songs that they someone will tell us, Yeah, somebody will know. From where did that little jingle come from? Alice the Camel had no humpsh wonderuble three six nine three in Israel? David, you know the wonderful Nathan Nathan. David David Nathan.
Speaker 2: We've only known for fifty sixty years. No, not sixty, but fifty fifty.
Speaker 12: Fifty ye, yes, fifty years. And I have to say that Alic Camil had no humps, have no partner repertoire multi python in the back of the map.
Speaker 23: Plat did it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 12: Never, no, no, I mean it didn't come up there with Now a message from the Swedish Prime minister.
Speaker 2: Yes all those yes, indeed, yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: And now a message from the Swedish Prime minister.
Speaker 12: Eighty five year old gentleman see you didn't really want a message from him, did you. That's not when you say the US Martials that are undercovered, do they have an umbrella in the plane?
Speaker 2: Well, clearly. I mean if you're going to be undercovered, you have to do it properly. Oh they carry a newspaper and put it over their heads a lah Rocky horror picture show or Rocky horror show.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah, or or something out of Get Smart with Agent thirteen in the.
Speaker 2: Yes, in the rubbish bin or wherever.
Speaker 12: Or the overhead baggage.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he but Agent thirteen wasn't only thirteen. He was different numbers at different times. I think, wasn't it difficult?
Speaker 12: Then? I think he was played by a couple of actives. He was funny, though, that guy. I wonderfully you got any other part than any other show where.
Speaker 2: He might have been in a cupboard somewhere, or he may well have ended up under a table somewhere in a different program. But I don't know. So, Tony, did you you were a Get Smart?
Speaker 1: What you were?
Speaker 2: You told me very much? So so Agent thirteen. He used to pop up in all different receptacles and various.
Speaker 1: It should have been a rubbish you know in a lift or the top of it. Yes, weird. It was so cleverly written, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes, mel Brooks of course was behind it. Fantastic brilliant mind.
Speaker 12: But there is Yes, we got a we have a new grand.
Speaker 2: Grand Now is it a two legged or a four legged grand? A four legged grand.
Speaker 12: Their new grand dog is seven months old and it's a sort of a breed of a pinch of Piccanese. And it's very skin and bone and very very bony, very very timid. Yeah, like you know, the other dog, a big grand dog, which is sort of a on the other shepherd and loves me. But this dog is so scared, it's scared of anything. How do we sort of socialize? How do we make it a friendly?
Speaker 19: Look?
Speaker 2: What some people say, Well, the best thing to do is to take it to the dog park and get it used to whatever. And that's the worst thing you can do because then it's going to completely spin out. So what you need to do is to just very slowly, very gently, one person at a time, even if you just sit there on the ground with a few treats and things, and you know, toss the treat to the dog and then you know, gradually a bit closer and a bit closer. And what you don't want to do is to overwhelm it, because if it is that sort of timid kind of dog, it's very easy to overdo it. And then when it does sort of have a run off, then you just got to start again. If it's sort of really it's continues and sometimes they're like that, you know, in a new situation because we don't know what's gone on beforehand with them. But there are some breeds that are more timid than others, definitely. But yeah, then I think, you know, a trip to the vet, and might need some anti anxiety medication, as we've been talking about, something just to help relax and reduce the timidity and so that it's able to function a bit better. It can't be happy for the dog if it's that scared of everything. Just make sure also it has somewhere with it that that's its safe place where nobody goes and annoys it, and it can go there and be left alone, so it knows that, you know, when it wants to sort of withdraw itself, then it can do that. Sorry, you're broken up there, David.
Speaker 12: So when it wants to retreat and just be by itself. It's got a place to go it you.
Speaker 2: People exactly, so you know, you have to let it just gradually get a bit bolder. But it's got to have a place, a safe place, so that if it is all a bit too much, then it can go there and you don't go in. Nobody follows that. It just goes there and can stay there until it's ready to come out again.
Speaker 12: I think part of the problem is that it's dad in inverted Commas is an eleven year old boy. I probably need some irobably need some a little bit of possibly part of the problem, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they can look kids can be a little bit boisterous, and especially they don't read the dog. And you know, obviously he wants a dog that he can cuddle and play with and rough around and that type of thing. And that's great. But if it's that timid dog, all it's going to do is to spin it out. So you need to word up your dad's are you sorry your dog's dad? Inverted commace that really this is a type of dog that needs to be taken very slowly, otherwise you're just going to end up with a dog that's going to be spinning out and freaking out and very unhappy and not a good pet for you because it's just not going to be engaging.
Speaker 1: You're on your David Happy King's Birthday, David or King David.
Speaker 12: Take for Thursday. So you've got you've got Jay, You've got the King, you've got turning. So there must be a big party in tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huge, No expense spared.
Speaker 1: Friday the thirtieth, going along beautiful.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a whole bowl of chocolate that will no expense spared.
Speaker 1: Friday the thirtieth, David, Thank you, I Milton, let me thank you for joining us.
Speaker 33: Are yourys Nathan? Then you report?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 33: Okay, anyway a question for you Nathan, just curiosity, Yes, because I'm in the aviation. Yes, okay, So what's your what percentage the flights that you do? Are you in control of the air correct or how many times is the part flying in the orient suit?
Speaker 2: We take it in turn, so we'll do fifty to fifty, So we try and you know, mix it up. One one flight I will I will do the part flying, and then the next one it'll be the first officer. So we chop them around. If the weather's bad, then it's us as the captains that have to do it, do the takeoffs and landings and things. If there's any sort of non normal situation, we are required to also the captains are required to land the aircraft. But we do try and split it up fifty to fifty so that the first officers get get to go at flying as well, and then that's how they're learning, learning the ropes, and so when the time comes for them to get a command, then you know, it's pretty straightforward for them hopefully.
Speaker 33: When did you find today.
Speaker 2: When I got into Melbourne about thet for the second time, about nine o'clock on Sunday night in from.
Speaker 33: Sydney, how was the approach with the weather?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Low cloud, very low cloud, but yeah we were on our instrument approach and popped visual and that was all fine. So everything was good. But there's a fair bit of low cloud around Melbourne and a bit of rain around Melbourne and hopefully around Adelaide and everywhere that needs it at the moment, Western Victoria, in Southeast and South Australia.
Speaker 33: Sorry, Len obviously a few of the helm no problems, just normal oilst approach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we use a GPS based one called a GLS. But yeah, same sort of thing has its advantages and that you don't get any distortion of the beam, so it at tracks us a bit truer. But yeah, there Tony's fascinated. But yeah it is. Yeah, we come in and we in Melbourne and Sydney we have GLS approaches, but same sort of thing, just a beam that takes you right down to probably about sixty meters off the runway, and so we can we can as long as we get below the cloud then we're fine. Otherwise we have some different approaches that will get us even lower.
Speaker 1: I know what. Old Tony love this segment because he's passionate.
Speaker 2: He loves his aeroplanes absolutely.
Speaker 1: Liz red Hill Morning, Good.
Speaker 11: Morning, Nathan.
Speaker 34: Hello, we will behavior question please, we love them.
Speaker 12: I have an.
Speaker 14: Inside dog who loves to bark, bark because he.
Speaker 13: Needs to go to the toilet.
Speaker 14: Yes, so we go to the toilet.
Speaker 34: We have to go up and down the driveway, round round circles, in and out upside down. Why don't they just go to the toilet.
Speaker 2: Because it's a it's a very vulnerable position for them to be in when they when they go, and so a lot of dogs will have a bit of a ritual beforehand where they scope out the territory and make sure there's no predators and things around, and so they'll do a bit of a reconnaissance before they'll allow themselves to do the business. We all do that, don't Well you do. I've seen you up and down, pacing around. I always thought it was a prostate problem, but no, Tony's just looking around to make sure that there's you know, Simon Owens isn't looking in the background, goes to the loop.
Speaker 1: That's right, and last time is Simon just comes in as applauds and that's.
Speaker 2: Just that's the end of performance. That's it's done. Kills the performance, yes, but no, Liz, it's it is a natural behavior, and some more to a greater extent than others. But yeah, they will just sort of check out to make sure that it's safe for them to go.
Speaker 20: Oh it's so cold and wet.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, they don't care. I know. So yeah, well can you can? You is your yard locked up? So if you just sort of let your dog out and keep an eye on it, that you don't have to go out in the elements.
Speaker 13: No no, no.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, so you have to go we have to go out.
Speaker 34: On the lead, up and downnround.
Speaker 2: Well, the other thing that you can try is just go to the area where your dog goes and just sort of stand there so you're not chasing your dog around and so hopefully it'll get the idea that you just got to reduce this ritual and just get on with it, especially when the weather's in clement.
Speaker 13: I'll give that a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just go out for a walk. Don't don't just sort of follow the dog around, but just find a spot stand there with the lead, and hopefully your dog will give up and just do it thing and then we'll go.
Speaker 1: Back and say world on you were Lizzie Agent thirteen. According to a text ending five age zero Agent thirteen played by David Ketcham, Yes to see that appeared in many other sitcoms, including shows like the Mary Tyler Moore show.
Speaker 2: Wow In and.
Speaker 1: He's now ninety seven. Wow you go be good to get him on the program, Dr John, thank you for that. We'll do this break when we come back, Bronnie Leah and you'll be next Australia every night. As you know, the Australia overnight audience right across Australia is infinitely smarter than the host.
Speaker 2: Which is me and me and you.
Speaker 1: And so there's a great text here that says Alisa Camill was actually a song often used to teach kids how to count okay, and part of the narrative was has one happened to so you would learn, you know, as a two three four year old wow, right through to the a trick we would.
Speaker 2: Sing that yes, yes, yeah, yeah, look year at year seven were the best three years of your life?
Speaker 1: Were?
Speaker 2: They were?
Speaker 1: Fantastic girl, Bronnie, thank you for waiting in south Yery, good.
Speaker 14: Morning, Oh boys looked so lovely developed to listen to him with an interesting program. When you were talking about Johnny Young earlier, when I've already said to you once that I came from Norriagen, right, We had a property outside Marriagin and in nineteen sixty four I went to Perth from marriage and to the Underwood Business College in Hay Street. But I also boardered with a whole lot of beautiful country girls at a property at the corner of Vincent Street. It was four forty Vincent Street, Leaderville, and that was the intersection with Norwood Street, right near.
Speaker 1: Lake Manga, Yeah, where you are, beautiful Lake Manger.
Speaker 35: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And it was a two story house and at least a dozen country girls we lived there. Some went to Teacher's College. I mean we had Pam O'Halleran and the best of girls from Kendon up. We had lots of girls from different country areas, which I was only one.
Speaker 1: Would this have been approximately.
Speaker 14: Nineteen sixty four, would have been Beatles, Yeah, but better than that. We were out on the balcony off and on that large two story old property where it was a beautiful old property which had a ball room upstairs, and it had sort of bedrooms or let off the ballroom, if you know what I mean. And you went out onto a terrace at the front into Norwood Street and you could hear John and the band playing and practicing in his family guards.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right when he.
Speaker 14: First started and he was already I think playing at the Raffles Hotel been because he would have been. But the thing is because we were younger and we weren't allowed to go because like under eighteen.
Speaker 1: Of course, well yeh, the very famous Raffles Hotel. I don't know how long had you been there, Bronnie. But it was updated some yeah, right, well it was updated round about I'm thinking ten, maybe even maybe a bit longer and referbed and it is just right on the on the river there. Gorgeous spot as you would know and remember. But it's a lovely place now, the old Raffles Hotel, well.
Speaker 14: It's a landmark, person landmark and it'll always be an iconic one. Getting back to aircraft for Nathan and the listeners in the mid eighties where he used to have a male model. He used to come to Melbourne and Australia a lot because he modeled clothes for the Ermin Guelder Zena and I think later he a model for Georgia Armani. His name was Harry Denker d E N K E R. There's a whole story about what happened to Harry on the internet. But how lucky can you get now? What happened was in his latter years. Of course, he used to travel everywhere on his modeling missions and he had an accident with a plane and it turned out, of course, you know, the usual story is that and the story is, of course he would have sued the air line and did all that because after it, he is a model and he's got to work, and he did some damage. But then on the other hand, he ended up with a squint. Okay, so he claimed that that affected his modeling career, even though it was an aging model. So read the story on the internet. I mean, we know this guy because he used to come to Melbourne a lot and he is a lovely guy.
Speaker 2: Or Harry, you said, d e n K E r.
Speaker 14: N K Harry Danker. But later he changed his name and he lives in London now with his partner. But the fact of the matter is it just shows you just how easy, first of all things can happen, but how it affected his career.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm just I don't think if we found one, but I don't think that's the right one because I don't think your model.
Speaker 15: Male model.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, we'll have to.
Speaker 1: So there's one about a male model at sues Looftnes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that was a light.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's right. But of course you've got to remember when we met him in his early to mid twenty.
Speaker 2: And left him with that left him with a squint.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, this thing lefting with the squint and totally ruined his career.
Speaker 2: Fell while boarding a jet, leaving him with facial injuries, and a Squint sued them for seven million in earnings lost since the accident when he slipped on a wet and oily residue while walking along the air bridge London flight at Munich Airport.
Speaker 1: And he had that according to the paper, he had that wonderful sort of what they referred to it as the sort of George Clooney style salt and pepper hair he.
Speaker 14: Did because he was German, and he had also had a lovely complexion. But the tiny I think, you know, tiny one. He was an attractive human. Believe me, it's just the other way because I think there's anything wrong with that.
Speaker 1: He was a closes, very attractive man. Brodie, that may be call of the morning.
Speaker 14: So you can be lucky in the end, you know what I mean, because as you're getting older, you're not going to get as much work.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: That's great, well done, Leahne, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: And so what's your experience with male supermodel?
Speaker 1: That's the topic.
Speaker 35: Oh that's not the topic I'm ringing about.
Speaker 18: We tried you.
Speaker 35: Apparently you were asking a strolling to songs for international artists. Yes, well, Vander and Young wrote Walking in the Rain, which Grace Jones saying and did she do a version? They gave it to her to sing. Yeah, she did the first of it. Well, they do a version, but hers is much better. I think she did it first or I'm not sure anyway. Another one is Mike Chapman and Nicky Chin wrote songs for Suzi Quattro, Pat Bennettter.
Speaker 1: The Sweet and Lots and Lots and Lots.
Speaker 35: Smoky Mard, Bonnie Tyler Turner not Bonny Tyler Exile. Yes, they were very big.
Speaker 1: Going to Kiss You all Over?
Speaker 35: Yeah, Yeah, that's the weird song that.
Speaker 23: It is very Yeah, well do we?
Speaker 2: I guess we can't really include the Beg's in that as well as Australian, can we? Even though they were they were of course and Frank Ifield.
Speaker 35: And well the bej is also. I think they also assisted in writing with some of Olivia.
Speaker 2: So yes, they would have done.
Speaker 1: There was in the early days of working here and Radio announces. We'll tell me if I've got this completely wrong. We would have to fill out a form called opera. Australian performing rights and fill out a sheet.
Speaker 2: As to Australian content.
Speaker 1: That's how many Australian songs you were being played. This is going back to the late seventies early part of the eighties and artists like Chapman and creators of music like Chapman were eligible for to get a ticks as part of Australian content, as were the Beg's okay, because they were still considered as Australian artists at that point. That one more time, le briand Brian kadd Yes, very much in Australia.
Speaker 35: Yeah, well, I'm not sure. I think he wrote songs for other people.
Speaker 1: Did a lot, did a lot in Nashville for a long time, didn't he I met him? Oh well, he remembers you.
Speaker 2: That was Frank Iffield, who remembers That's different.
Speaker 35: I don't even know who that is.
Speaker 2: He did a song I remember you.
Speaker 35: Oh goodness.
Speaker 2: So that was the sorry, lousy joke. Anyway, let's continue.
Speaker 1: That was very good.
Speaker 35: All right, I'm going to go to bed on babysitting overnight, babysitting.
Speaker 14: My friend's four kids.
Speaker 35: Don't don't do it often.
Speaker 1: Don't call us, We'll call you.
Speaker 2: Are they early rises? Are they likely to let you sleep in or are you going to get woken up at some ungodly hour?
Speaker 35: They well, I get them, I don't get them to bed as early as possible. It could be kin or what of them? And one of them spleens out man during the night, so I wake up to that. Of course, also one under two, so she might wriggle a bit and wings.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you will.
Speaker 1: Good on your lee and thank you lots of techs coming in the Nathan and turning make here. Thanks for the segment. Can you remind me why dogs go round and ran and ran in jurgles before relieving themselves. We'll think we touched on that earlier, didn't we? There was a record you had something to do with the magnetic field.
Speaker 2: Well, there's lots of theories and just sort of looking it up here, and one of them is that, yes, studies show that dogs tend to align their bodies with the Earth's north south axis when defecating, suggesting they might be sensitive to magnetic fields. So it's not as far fetched and ridiculous as it might sound. But there's also that it's territory marking, that it's preparing the ground that it is the safety checkers as we were talking about before, that they just sort of look around and make sure that there's no predators so they can do their business in peace. And another theory that it's the movement sort of helps to stimulate the bow. So there's all of the all sorts of theories.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and there is nothing worse. As the old song goes, the answer is not necessarily when you're blowing in the wind.
Speaker 2: No would you don't want to do that, you want to blow down wind? If anything, Thank you you do.
Speaker 1: Nathan and Tony dearly love. The combination of Somewhere over the Rainbow, What a Wonderful World, also sung by Israel uplifting song. It is a beautiful song. I agree. We might say we can play that surely. And we've mentioned Alice the Camel, the history the history of a little song like Alice the Camel has one hump. We'll do this when we come back. Merril, you will be next on Australia Overnight morning. I've been like a little kid in the last few days over the weekend, carrying around my own personal copy of Martha Gardner. Yes, Martha Gardner's Everyone's Household help.
Speaker 2: What year was that printed?
Speaker 1: Eighty four?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Eighty four, so just smidge over the forty year mark. Yes, I thought it might have been earlier, but I checked it. It's eighty four. The forward is actually written by make sure I get that right, Bob Cornish. Oh, yes, great mister Cornish, who was a gm of three u z for many.
Speaker 2: Okay, But they talk about one of the things.
Speaker 1: They talk about from Martha in this book is the making of chocolate. Knew, And I said exactly the same thing. If I say to you two hundred and fifty grams of cofa cop h a, you instantly think of chocolate crackles. Exactly right. Yes, in this particular piece, though, two hundred and fifty grams of cofa, three tablespoons of cocoa, which would have been Bourneville.
Speaker 2: Probably Cadbury, Borneville, Capriborneville.
Speaker 1: One cap icing sugar, one cup powdered skim milk. You melt the cofa, you mix all the other ingredients together, and then add to cofa with a few drops of vanilla and allowed to set. You're making your own chocolate. But it was very much that was the ingredient's co for, wasn't it yes, they're doing those beautiful chocolates to stick stick the rice bubbles together.
Speaker 2: When was the last When was the last time you would have had chocolate crack for years?
Speaker 1: Fifty years ago? Yeah, they were just weren't they just gorgeous as a kid.
Speaker 2: In the little paper cups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was the great joy to actually take some of those to school, particularly if you made them on the over the weekend. You take them to school and play lunch on the wind on the Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Coconut on the top or no coconut.
Speaker 1: I would sell them.
Speaker 2: It was part of your year. If there's trafficking, trafficking.
Speaker 1: You want to buy some cocoa pobs.
Speaker 2: Come around the back of the shoulder shed.
Speaker 1: That was the drug of choice in the day mirror. Good morning, hi Tony.
Speaker 34: And you can still get cos it's still available, I'm sure.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And sorry, what was Cooper?
Speaker 2: It was sort of a coconuty something, wasn't it.
Speaker 34: Yes, I think it's a solidified coconut oil.
Speaker 36: Yeah.
Speaker 37: Uh.
Speaker 34: And Martha Gardener, well, as you know, I've got a bookshop and I regularly sell Martha Gardener book so everybody still loves her and.
Speaker 1: So these would be pre loved versions, presumably.
Speaker 34: Yes, my shop is second hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, gorgeous.
Speaker 34: I rang, you asked, Nathan, I threw up. I'm actually in kids. Yeah, I threw up about a week ago. And we're sitting on the time acts about take off right on time, blah, and then the captain says they're going to replace attire, and I just couldn't believe they hadn't found it before.
Speaker 2: Then well, they may well have found it, but they were just having to organize getting the jack and everything ready and the pit crew and all of that kind of thing. So, yeah, we do they they actually, yeah, that's right in the RACV. You know, they're always busy. But yeah, we do have to change tires from time to time because they do have layers of rubber on the outside and it won the outer layer goes and you start to see some canvas exposed. They're allowed up to about well in the old language, thirty six inches of canvas before they have to change the tire. So there may have been a bit of discussion about whether it needed changing or not, and then got to the point where they agreed that it did need to be changed, and so they they can do it pretty quickly, and they're big tires, so it's quite a job. But yeah, we've certainly had them jack up the jack up the aeroplane and switch a tire.
Speaker 34: Yeah, just it so good that pounded, of course.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the all of the what we call the bogies, the axles, they have pairs of tires, so there'll be two tires for those wheels, you know, and two tires on the main gear and on the bigger aeroplanes even more. And each tire in itself can take the entire weight, so if one tire blue or whatever, then it's it's not a problem. They can still land and we wouldn't take off if we knew we had a bunk tire. But yeah, they can certainly still land on one. So it's all just about redundancy and about keeping it safe. And obviously there was some discussion about the tire and they changed it and the way you went, what's.
Speaker 1: An approximate proces these days of a new Pirelli for a jet?
Speaker 2: Oh, look, I think you know depending you can probably buy ten and get the elevens one free.
Speaker 1: It is. That's exactly the deal we're looking for. Yes, we're here to help. One double three six nine three for Australia of a Night, Come and join us, the Opiside, Kingsmirthday Weekend, Kingsbirthday Monday, the big Game Collingwood Melbourne, Melbourne v. Collingwood getting underway three a w footy right across the country.
Speaker 2: And of course the big free big Breeze we'll be getting underway. Wonderful charity.
Speaker 1: Gee they've raised some money, haven't they. We'll look at that and your calls coming up on Australia Overnight the episode.
Speaker 9: Now, this is Australia Overnight with Tarny McManus.
Speaker 1: And it's a big welcome to everybody through six p hour in birth it is the eighth radio network through Victoria into southern New South Wales. Three are w here in Melbourne, that's where we are. Five double A in Adelaide. So we're all together and now all together for Australia Overnight. Thank you to h That is Harvey Deagan. The great team there they have for their Sunday Night edition. I'll remember when if you'd like to jump on board. Perth listeners, you know how it works. One double three eight eighty two. Why Wood your really when you think about it? Why wood your well, I'll tell you because Nathan Kosh is he say.
Speaker 2: Good morning birth, good morning path.
Speaker 1: That's Nathan Kosh. Nathan Cosh, as you know, is a highly regarded Corantos captain pilot many many years is also one of the leading vests.
Speaker 2: In Australia leading good lock.
Speaker 1: Sorry did I say leading? I meant one of.
Speaker 2: The misleading, one of the bleeding.
Speaker 1: Misleading in Australia. So if you have a sick puppy you might have a really until he said, but I can't know what was? What was the TV show.
Speaker 23: That was?
Speaker 2: Are you being so?
Speaker 1: Just one of the miss Could.
Speaker 2: You imagine that today you reckon? That would even get a quarter of along? It was a funny show, yes, with are you free mister Humphrey.
Speaker 1: So if you would like to join so you'll get through straight away. If you ring now, you'll have it pretty much to yourself. One double three six' nine three now during the news and people do you watch people jump in all over? This, yes because it's an interesting piece by our good friends At Media stable and they write based On Sarah blake who is a conflict strategist and mediator And sarah makes the following points via media stable and asks the, question Is Megan markele her own worst enemy and then goes on to say everyone has the right to their own, opinion and anyone who personally starts with their Own netflix series fair game when it comes to social. Media as a former, Actress megan should be able to take criticism like water off The ducks back right well with. Love megan offers viewers an insight into her home And bounty full, gardens but it's not actually her home and she's been roasted for. It she actually lives in a fourteen plus million dollar, mansion and it goes on to, say before giving birth To lily bed in twenty twenty, one herself And Harry gy rating and working in the hospital. Room, NOW i don't know why that's why that bothers, people but clearly it apparently. Does and it goes on to, say what is it With Megan michael that makes people? Cringe and is it time for her to lay low for a. While hashtag discussed one double three six nine. Three now you AND i disagree on. This you have a you suspect that she has become her own worst.
Speaker 2: ENEMY i think she might have just seems to. LOOK i don't pay much, attention AND i won't know watch any of the, programs AND i don't do any of, that but just the bits and pieces that you. HEAR i just think she just seems to be complaining about all sorts of things and why doesn't everybody love? Me And i'm the best and under this and. That SO i don't. KNOW i don't just, YEAH i don't spend any time thinking about exactly my.
Speaker 1: Point, yes so do we? Do we? Do many spend way too much?
Speaker 2: Time, Oh i'm sure. Some oh, absolutely you have a look at anything on social media can blow up and you just, think and you, know even even here we get the odd critical email or call or, message and you, think, well if you don't like, it just don't. Engage you don't have to do. That you can switch. Off there's any number of other things to read or watch or whatever ON. Tv so if you don't like, her then just don't watch.
Speaker 1: IT i think most people will agree with you. That And i've often, SAID i wonder if A Princess diana was still with, us and she's not, obviously, yes would she would she be more empathetic to her daughter in.
Speaker 2: Law, OH i think so that's, yes because she Would, yeah because she copped, it you, know in her generation and joining the royal family is it's not just a piece of cake or opening tea parties are doing all of. THAT i think it's there's a hell of a, responsibility there's a hell of a, workload there's a hell of a lot of expectation on anyone in, it and it's not. Easy AND i think those that are borne into it for the most part kind of they're they're groomed as they as they grow to know that that's what their role is going to be and that's how it's going to. Be but for those coming in from the, OUTSIDE i think it be quite a culture.
Speaker 1: Shock and you AND i know. Families family life doesn't always go as you would hope or plan absolutely given your very best, endeavors and that's still the case with many families that would be listening right. Now for whatever, reason things don't go always that. Well, however given the profile of the protagonist through, this you look At His majesty on, today the birthday we celebrate the birthday Of His Majesty king's birthday, weekend you look at the great work that the Future king is doing in conjunction with the wonderful documentary make, it and we saw that in the last couple of. DAYS i think it's Called. Oceans it's the new, documentary, right and it's going to be an extraordinary piece and wonderful and the great work that they. Do and then There's Harry, yes, who for whatever, reason is the young. Loved and then there's questions about DARE i say, it questions about who his father might be in, anyway AND i wonder if that is yet to be fully explored. EXPLORED i don't.
Speaker 2: Know, WELL i, mean you, know he wrote the book or was involved in the book called The, Spare AND i THINK i, mean in my time and in, yours it is difficult for the second in, line because the first in line was you, know, okay they know that that's what they're going to. Be but for the SECOND i think it's very. Difficult THEN i just think the three generations of the royal family THAT i, know you have a look at the Late Queen elizabeth's, Sister Princess, margaret and how she went in many ways off the rails as well because she was The. Spare AND i think she looked to have a she liked to have a, tiple AND i think she was really wanted to be the, queen And elizabeth was very much a reluctant, queen and so because of the accident of birth and, whatever she was the spare and sort of went off the. Rails and then the next generation for a while, There Princess, anne who was the, spare also went in many ways sort of off the. Rails and now she's an incredibly respected and loved member of the royal. Family but in her youth she was a little bit you, know, Wild and now in this generation that the next one in line Is. Harry SO i just wonder whether the fact that you're there but you're not there does something that you know so close but no.
Speaker 1: Cigar it's an interesting Conversation i'd love to give to. You on board one double three six'. Nine three we're asking The Question meagan michael own, worst enemy, if so why, if not why do you think it suffers all.
Speaker 2: THE criticism i, always remember, you know when you say their own. Worst enemy i'm reminded of a line From The australian parliament and people forgive me if it's not the, right protagonist but might Have Been. JIM killen i think even back in the Day, That god i've Been the parliament and said one TIME sometimes i think on my own, worst Enemy And fred day jumped up from the other side, and said Not while. I'm alive that's that's a, funny line even if that's.
Speaker 1: Not true, it's fantastic. Isn't it one double three six nine three is. Telephone Number i'm. Tony McManus nathan coosh. Is Here it's australia. Every night you'll call straight. After this come and, join, us okay don't leave you. By ourselves some calls to keep. Us going one double three six nine Three for perth listeners that you can join us now one double three eight. Eighty two you can even send the text if that's easy. For you is zero four double seven six nine three six. Nine three but it really is about. Open line. It's talkback whether you might have a, sick animal it's a good occasion. Coming Well nathan kosh is here as. A vet you might be planning a. Trip, away well he is also. A pilot he can he can fly, you personally should, you, choose absolutely we'll be happy if you have one of those. Great jets what's the most desirable private jet in, THE world.
Speaker 2: I WOULD think i think Called A global express is, the one and there's well there's a newer version of. IT now i think it's CALLED a g seven thousand. Or something there was One At Avalon. Air show they are, pretty flash that is for sure too.
Speaker 1: As a piece of equipment or the way that it's been. Decked out.
Speaker 2: Ah botho they have an. Incredible range they just look they look like they're meant. To fly the beautiful aeroplanes and the interiors. Of them, you know your home would not be as fancy. As those The, Golf, stream YEAH the g seven seven hundred, Sorry, aerospace, yes Yes golf stream aerospace, whisper quiet whisper quiet from inside because the engines are at. The back, and yeah it's it's just everything it's got. Just extraordinary and YOU and i will never be able to afford one, that much that much twenty, five probably if, not more if, Not, more yes seventy. Seventy five there, you go. Cheventy five so even if you won the seventy mili last week in, the lottery you still wouldn't be able to. Get one because then you could put the juice, in, it yes and a crew and then the it's just it's telephone because. It's unbelievable but they.
Speaker 1: Are beautiful but presumably if you were, doing that you would want. To share you'd have a share and, you know you'll if you're put in fifteen.
Speaker 2: Fifty eight well that that's something that's happened more In, the states where they do have this shared ownership and if you, need it you just sort. Of book it hasn't quite caught on as, much HERE but i think they've got a lot more corporations than things that can make use of that over In. The states, but yeah there's certainly a number of corporate, jettes here and you are able to hire corporate jettes if for whatever reason that you might. Need one, but yeah they're.
Speaker 1: Certainly, Spectacular Well jeff bezos gave me. A, call yes he. Would have, he, Said look i'm thinking about. Buying one what do you reckon you? MAKE it, i, Said, well jeff you've got, The, money yeah? It okay, he, said yeah what are you? Looking like you said about.
Speaker 2: Eighty, Eighty yeah and he would have taken that out of the petty. CASH tin i.
Speaker 1: Exactly right come and join us one double three six. Nine, three now one of the things we were talking about earlier is this beautiful PIECE which i haven't heard for a, long time but it is Gorgeous.
Speaker 2: FROM israel i can't even. PRONOUNCE it i have To the hawaiian name yeh, go on have a crack, At.
Speaker 1: It camica walk.
Speaker 2: That'll do and it's a.
Speaker 1: Beautiful piece hawaiian singer and best known for this. Beautiful piece.
Speaker 3: So well.
Speaker 1: We, are.
Speaker 38: Dreams the dream of Once, in allah the bar ah s well o, the rainbow blue bird flies.
Speaker 1: Teach Dream of jean.
Speaker 39: Go too.
Speaker 4: Some day wish hippon stuff with the bird buzzer fabbihind.
Speaker 40: Be wear trouble milks like lemon drops high above the chimney.
Speaker 2: Up to air.
Speaker 6: You fin meal sid well over the rainbow.
Speaker 39: Blue oohstly.
Speaker 5: And no dream that you?
Speaker 39: Did too for why oh.
Speaker 7: Why can't hide elassy trees of greenland red?
Speaker 16: ROSES too i watched them blue for beIN new and into, my sail.
Speaker 5: Waw wander forward the glassie skies.
Speaker 16: Of blue and lassie pouso white and the brightness.
Speaker 3: OF day.
Speaker 16: I like the dark and, ink, too myself what a wonder forward the colors of the rainbow so pretty in. The sky also unfaced of people passing By.
Speaker 39: See frey shaking, ansaying it how do you do they REALLY saying i?
Speaker 41: LOVE you.
Speaker 6: I hear baby spy and that most, any gold they'll learn much more than.
Speaker 5: We'll know and think, to myself.
Speaker 9: What a.
Speaker 5: Water foreworld.
Speaker 39: Some day wiship bonds. Wake, up well the Clouds of bobby behind.
Speaker 40: Be will trouble mills like a lemon drops high of the gyminutess.
Speaker 39: Weird you find me.
Speaker 41: Way the Rain.
Speaker 39: Way god dream that you? Did too why oh can't go.
Speaker 3: A.
Speaker 42: Oo oo we're gonna probably about thirty years ago since we goest that you Think.
Speaker 43: That Naughty three naughty three ninety four part Of, The, naughties okay which doesn't seem that, long Ago doesn't lots, OF you, i know lots of lots of lovely texts and messages.
Speaker 1: For that haven't heard that for a. Long, time yeah.
Speaker 2: It's just an amazing combination of songs and just so simple of him singing with.
Speaker 1: The ukulele keep, It, Simple, steve hello thank you for, Joining Us, Steve, hi yes.
Speaker 44: GOOD morning i also liked the Way That billy thoughte sings that.
Speaker 1: Song.
Speaker 44: Too yep we have a Little Cavalier King. Charles spaniel and when she goes to drink from her, water bowl she scratches the floor. Beside, It, first yes sometimes makes a terrible mess because it moves.
Speaker 1: The ball and yeah.
Speaker 44: Yeah yeah the rest, of it just wondering why does she doesn't?
Speaker 2: Do it she's, otherwise, healthy happy.
Speaker 44: All, good yep, No problem she's always.
Speaker 2: Done, this yes it's that's most. Unusual behavior do you have what just do you have a war bowl with sloping sides or one that?
Speaker 44: Can, tip no just a standard water bowl that sits on.
Speaker 2: The, ground yeah but and it but it's got sort of sloping, sloping sides.
Speaker 1: Sloping, Sides Yes so i've.
Speaker 44: Had all, different ones and she still does the same to every one.
Speaker 2: Of, Them okay and that's wherever the, bowl, is anyway wherever.
Speaker 44: It is the thing that reminds me of is in the old cowboy movies when they bent down to have, a drink they'd clear the top bit of water away from. The oasis ye have. A.
Speaker 2: DRINK yeah i don't know whether she's just stabilizing the ground there or, you know for for. Her feet it's it's A very i haven't heard of, that before but it's if it's just, a habit and otherwise she's fine and healthy and doesn't cause. Any DISTRESS but i guess it's just the fact that she she spills the bowl a. Little BIT so i think if you can find, a bowl a heavy bowl with, you know quite large sloping sides that she knock it around, so much maybe that's going to help reduce the amount of water that she spills around.
Speaker 35: The.
Speaker 44: PLACE yep i was just wondering if it's a.
Speaker 33: Common, thing, yeah no. OVIDENTLY not i don't, think So but i'll look.
Speaker 2: It up i'll get back. To you if i'll just keep a listen out for a little bit and i'll just see if there's anyone anywhere that's got an answer or. Something simple but, just yeah they do some unusual things and they have their little habits and quirks the way that. We do but as long as it's not of any consequence and. It's okay, but yeah as, you say it just makes a bit of. A mess so just bear with Us and i'll SEE if i can. Find, Anything, hey steve You're.
Speaker 1: In tasmania what's the feeling about what may unfold in the next twenty four to thirty six Hours, In tazi.
Speaker 44: We would prefer my family would prefer that the money that they're allocating to that would be spent.
Speaker 1: On hospitals as opposed to.
Speaker 44: The stadium my wife has been waiting two years just to get in see an orthopedic surgeon for, an assessment for an assessment that's more important to me than playing football eleven times. A.
Speaker 1: Year yeah and the, idea, of perhaps notwithstanding what might Happen, tomorrow tuesday the idea of another state election.
Speaker 44: That doesn't worry me. That much we do a postal vote and get it over and done, with quick and it's no inconvenience. For us but we've got to put up with all the rubbish that you hear on the, radio beforehand all these people.
Speaker 33: Making.
Speaker 44: Promises yeah and the.
Speaker 1: Costs of the cost of running yet another Election. In, tasmania yeah well that, costs millions?
Speaker 44: Doesn't it a lot?
Speaker 1: Of money a lot. Of money good on, your steve look at a?
Speaker 44: Football, stadium, yes yes is that?
Speaker 1: The sentiment do you think That many tasmanians Would have.
Speaker 44: People we speak to they want the money. Put elsewhere it's a lot of money dollars and it's not going to stop there because they've also got to build other fields, for practicing and there's other things that they have to add on, to that and it's going to cost a whole a.
Speaker 2: Lot more but are they not talking about using that stadium for concerts and things like that, so that, you know hence the need for.
Speaker 1: The roof.
Speaker 44: We don't get the big people down here because with the five hundred thousand population it's not. Big Enough elton john comes down here a, few times but otherwise not many others costume much to bring all their equipment across from the ferries and they set it up just for two concerts.
Speaker 23: Off, that yes.
Speaker 2: It's certainly generated a lot. Of discussion hasn't that?
Speaker 1: Served done there's good on, You.
Speaker 2: Now well before you, Run, AWAY steve i just did a little bit of snooping and they're talking about you, know why so it is a thing because there's a number of articles, about it and they're talking about why do dogs pour at? Their bowl now SOME and i don't know necessarily that these would apply to you in, your situation but they talk about as a, cooling mechanism particularly, in summer because they wet their paws and that can help to cool. Them DOWN but i presume your dog does it all.
Speaker 44: Year, round no they scratch beside the Ball, not yeah so, that's yeah that. Doesn't.
Speaker 2: Work yep and then they're talking about some dogs are fascinated by their reflection and they'll sort of look at that off the bowl and looking to interact with. Their image so hence they scratch an. INVESTIGATIVE behavior i don't know if, that counts, they, say yep so we're not doing very. Well here that they prefer, running water so with the water, moving around it resembles running water.
Speaker 44: FOR them i will say that if we put some fresh, water in you'll drink from it straight away without.
Speaker 33: Doing.
Speaker 2: It yeah so maybe the water is, always, pressure, yes, yes yeah but maybe it's it's as you, were saying it's sort of like a reflex of trying to sort of get the top of the water away to get. Deeper down there's another one they talk. ABOUT boredom i don't think that's it attention. SEEKING behavior i don't think that's it. Compulsive, behavior, sometimes yes, you know they just get into habits and it might be it might be something that she's become that's become a bit of a compulsive habit.
Speaker 33: For her that's how we see it.
Speaker 1: As, well yeah good, On, you steve will let you. Go person our very best. To, missus steve thanks.
Speaker 33: Very Much.
Speaker 1: By tricky and that's not an unusual story to hear as somebody who's waiting for two years just to. GET attention, i mean this is a great Nation of australia and you've got to ask ourselves how do we find ourselves in this position where people are having to wait two years just to get.
Speaker 2: An assessment but, it's difficult isn't It any whether you're balancing your household budget or the, national budget where do you put? The money there are many things that require, your attention and ideally you'd love to put all of your, money in, say health but then what happens? To education and if you put all the money, into education what happens.
Speaker 1: To, health yeah it's a. TRICKY one, i agree it's going to be managed and that's why we put him in there to do the very best they. Possibly can one double three six. NINE three i. Love this i'm sure three are w issues the g seven hundred golf streams standard issues to.
Speaker 2: All, programs, oh yes well we Have The australia. Overnight one it's in the car, park there.
Speaker 1: That's right getting ready to flow us Home.
Speaker 2: To, BERRICK yes i think the only the closest thing you'll get to fly your Home to berrick is. A bruin thank you, Very.
Speaker 1: Much steve we'll stay there when we come back to. Your calls Maggie and annie will come to. You next it's all Part Of. Australia, revenue, surprise, surprise SURPRISE can i Team make Just see channel nine news LAST night i found the footage of that nineteen Sixty Four Grand final Melbourne. V, collingwood yeah given to the big games coming.
Speaker 2: UP today i never said you would, remember it wouldn't you take As, a.
Speaker 1: Oh As a, melbourne supporter you could be viewing it would be. GOOD viewing i saw that just the tag, of IT and i didn't get quite at the gist of it on nine last night. Special replay keep an eye On the red And the blue for. Later, Today yes rob hopefully will be a cracking game and raise lots of which is the important part of a big date. Like today, Maggie, morning oh.
Speaker 45: Good morning Tony. And, Nathan. Hello, magge, yeah Now just i'll flip by a couple of THINGS before i get the.
Speaker 33: Original point please.
Speaker 45: Sixty for that was When the beatles were. Out, here yes that's the one you played Not A wonderful WORLD as i was. Warbling ALONG.
Speaker 2: But, i mean probably the most famous version Of that who do you think that would?
Speaker 33: Have Been because i'm not.
Speaker 45: Up to i'm not a new. INTO music i don't even hear, the lyrics Don't, YOU no. I don't i hear the tune and that's warble along AND occasionally i might pick up a word, or TWO and i, don't know some sort of Hearing death IS this i?
Speaker 1: Dare?
Speaker 2: Say Anyway Because, LOUIS armstrong i think probably you know it was the most famous version of. That song louis.
Speaker 1: Look, Going.
Speaker 2: Megi he's just he's having.
Speaker 33: A moment.
Speaker 1: Hereat time there's no time, Wasting, Here meggie well it.
Speaker 13: Isn't the time machine?
Speaker 45: Clicking, Down, okay no.
Speaker 1: We don't have a time machine here in, The, Studio megan.
Speaker 2: So sorry what were you going, To? Say maggie we? Did digress, so yes well of course.
Speaker 45: You DO and i don't mind a little bit of digress here and. There too let's play.
Speaker 3: To.
Speaker 45: THAT sympathize i do sympathize somewhat for. That, man yes, he spoke, you know, oh god not for a number. Of reasons, you know billion dollars. Or whatever you know. That, Heavy yeah and.
Speaker 2: When is any project ever coming on budget or? Under budget you know it's going to blow out to a lot more, than that?
Speaker 13: Isn't, it no always?
Speaker 45: Over, budget yeah and then, You, KNOW nathan i believe you had mentioned too Well that no could be the big stage to attract Big, Artists tsmania but Here in adelaide.
Speaker 37: We find that a lot of.
Speaker 45: The headline big artists at times five past, Half, lady.
Speaker 1: Yes for probably the very. Same, reasons no before, You go i've got a question for, Yes. Away maggie now.
Speaker 45: You earlier on were talking about some sort of a leash. Air, CRAFT yes i didn't catch, the.
Speaker 2: Name A GOLF stream g. Seven Hundred GOLF stream g. Seven hundred it's a. Corporate jet, and yes if you, Buy, one MAGGIE can i please come and fly if you've got a lazy seventy?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 45: MEAL no i hate now who Makes The.
Speaker 2: Gulf stream It's an american business. Jet company Oh.
Speaker 45: It's, american yeah, well, yeah yeah Loosely. Termed american. Yeah yeah and how much would?
Speaker 2: They cost seventy? Five mil if you happen to have that rattling around in the back of, the couch you could scoop your coins together and wander around to the Dealership and i'll try and negotiate you a, Better.
Speaker 45: Deal, nathan now would you be able to?
Speaker 2: Fly, once look with all of, these things you have to be trained, on it because you can't just sort of, Walk in so you need to be endorsed. On it it has to be on. Your license, so yes you would. Go over there will. BE simulators i don't believe there's, any here but you'd head over To the states and a. Proper course we do an. Engineering course you learn about the systems, and things and then hop in the sim and then and then do the do the endorsement on, the aeroplane the normal operations and then the non. Normal operations and that's essentially what happens with any new aeroplane that you fly of the. Larger variety so we can fly of the, big aeroplanes only one type at. A time but with the corporates, and things you can fly multiple, different aircraft and certainly with light aircraft you can fly a whole bunch of them at the. Same time, As.
Speaker 1: Well, Well, done maggie thank you always a great cooler And in wheeler's, heel, morning oh.
Speaker 20: Good morning pertaining, to fly my son is an aerospace engineer and he works For the bombardier building. Private jets and also he Worked For rockeed martin and.
Speaker 2: He did the Thirty five Oh, the fighter.
Speaker 20: A, fighter Plane. The rasta he Wor, in. Texas yep and then So there's provider and he also Worked in Montreal.
Speaker 2: For, BOBBARDIA yes, i mean there's not too much of an industry, here anymore? Is THERE so i think if you really want to get involved, in it you have to, move overseas which is a shame.
Speaker 20: For you and he is at the Moment, in california and it's not such a funny thing just jumping in the plane and going home, from work because that is next on.
Speaker 2: The, list, Yes yes so does he get back here often or do you get? Over?
Speaker 20: There, no no he's been away for. Ten years he came. Back, occasionally no.
Speaker 1: That's.
Speaker 33: A SHAME but i.
Speaker 20: LOVE flying i used to. Love flying oh my dad was In The. Air force my brother is. A pilot he was a.
Speaker 14: Pilot too.
Speaker 2: Oh wow so it's in the it's in. The blood it's in, the, family right in the.
Speaker 18: Blood engineers and which which way did you go?
Speaker 20: With, THAT well I think i've spoken to. You before in, my day girls, weren't, allowed yes AND but i did. THE opposite i became. A, nurse excellent.
Speaker 1: Well done it's, interesting though when you say that out loud now and it's it feels it feels weird thing to say the girls. Weren't allowed it. Feels odd oh.
Speaker 2: It was it was a. Huge thing and there's still a little bit of a, barrier there although they're working very hard to break. It down and certainly the WOMEN that i fly with are perfectly confident and not a problem and it's no big deal. At all but back in, the, day yes. That's Right deborah Wardley And, DEBORA laurie i think she. Is now and She took anset to court because she was training all of these students that were getting into the airlines and they wouldn't give her. A gig and she won the case and she really broke. The BARRIERS but i certainly know older women who were not able to know they were great pilots and just not able to. Do anything and the ridiculous situation is back In The Second world war when they were building or spitfires and hurricanes and things for, the raft they had to get these aircraft to the, front lines and they didn't they couldn't spare or they didn't want to spare any of their. Fighter pilots so there was a women's auxiliary and these women would, actually fly not, in combat but fly these aircraft from the factory to the lines or to. The squadrons and so they were given a little card and they just hopped in whether it Was a lancaster or whether it's a spitfire or a hurricane, or whatever and had their little card with the speeds and how to start it and do all that kind. Of stuff and they, did that and they flew many different types, of aircraft all the ones that were being manufactured IN. The uk and then at the end of the war, they, said well we'd love to have a job in, the airlines and, they, said well don't, be ridiculous you. Can't fly and it was just such a nonsense that these women flew all these types and everything, was fine and then after the war they were told that they couldn't.
Speaker 4: Do it so.
Speaker 2: Just ludicrous, but anyway we're certainly working towards. Changing that it's nowhere near fifty. TO fifty i don't know if it ever, will be but certainly everybody who wants to do it should have. The opportunity, we know.
Speaker 1: What is it because it doesn't have?
Speaker 2: The, appeal, WELL look i mean some what's?
Speaker 9: The?
Speaker 2: Roadblock NOW just i think some careers aren't necessarily people don't. LIKE it i mean you look at vet science. For INSTANCE when i went through it was about eighty, percent male and now pretty much worldwide it's eighty. Percent female so it's found. Its LEVEL and i don't think everything needs to be or should be fifty. To fifty but as long as anybody who wants to do it has the opportunity to, do it whichever career, it is it's going to find. Its level so you'll find certain careers skewed, towards female certain careers skewed, towards male some of them straight down. The MIDDLE so i think as long as everybody can do what they want. To do the numbers don't. Particularly matter what a.
Speaker 1: Great call thank you. For that we'll do this when we, come back more of, your calls if you'd like to jump on Board while nathan. Is here one double three six. NINE three i wasn't the pilot is a. Little text i'm not too sure what that, MEANS though i wasn't. THE pilot i. Don't know do we miss the context?
Speaker 2: Of That flu here. We go it's flu in a Nineteen Twenty javelin chipmunk with original engine and it was Fun from NICKY and i wasn't.
Speaker 1: THE pilot i wasn't, the. Pilot okay lou armstrong favorite meal was beans. And rush not too sure what that. Means either i'm losing the some of these. Themes, here yes but we did do a bit of a double Check On. Louis armstrong so you had a great story.
Speaker 2: To, share well the story goes he actually was A fluent yiddish speaker because he grew up in a very poor neighborhood and his neighbors or he just reading a. Bit there he went to work For a jewish family and that gave him enough money for him to purchase his first cornet and as a and he always he always wore a Star of david as a as a sort of thank you and as a reminder for for his.
Speaker 1: Early days is that a, Lovely? Story beverly?
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 46: Morning hello it Was It Nat, King Kong Nat king cole who first sang what a? BEAUTIFUL world i think It Was.
Speaker 2: Louis armstrong armstrong Know That Nat king cole sang? Wonderful world?
Speaker 16: Did?
Speaker 13: HE yeah i heard him.
Speaker 37: Sing.
Speaker 46: It okay the lines are like a bright beautiful day dark take. Good, night yes it reminds me of. The data for all that charm, and drudgery it is still a. Beautiful world love is as perennial as. The grass you are a child at. The, universe yes like the trees and. The stars you have a right to. Be, here yes strive to.
Speaker 1: Be happy that a, little too?
Speaker 46: Will, WELL yeah I actually i. LOVE it i sort of knew it about four. Years ago I'm so I'M surprised i still.
Speaker 2: Remember it there's some things that you know that that do stick in. YOUR head i can remember we were we learned in well. Form one in, year Seven our english teacher really drummed into us and we had, to LEARN and i don't remember much. OF it a poem called If By. Rudyard kipling, OH yes i. Love, that yes if you can keep your head when all, about you yes and blaming it, On you if you can trust yourself when all men, doubt you and, you know on, it goes.
Speaker 1: Just.
Speaker 2: Extraordinary words do you fit into?
Speaker 46: Those Categories n.
Speaker 1: I'm just an. Average mo.
Speaker 2: That's me, he didn't he didn't write. About.
Speaker 46: Us YEAH actually I learned french at school a long long, time AGO and i found all my FRIENDS and i but you still remember a Poem, in french which is. Very surprising so you must have a sort of a brain that remembers somethings. WE are, i think.
Speaker 1: Well, Done. You beverly YOU and i could do a little. TRIP together, I think beverly to.
Speaker 2: Pattis that would be lovely.
Speaker 1: One of.
Speaker 2: The, Aforementioned yes i'll take you there and tell me how it tell me how it all. Pans, out thanks.
Speaker 1: Good, On. You beverley always could. Do chat we'll do this when we come back and nog. It off, BUT stress i think that's a new. New thing it's coming up to the, news time IS what i was trying. To say entirely think because none of us get. Enough sleep and have you?
Speaker 2: Noticed, that sorry you're just woken j HE'S been, i reckon he's.
Speaker 1: Been nodding off for the first. Three hours it's that.
Speaker 2: Little bit of dribble on the side of. His mouth that's the giveaways usually.
Speaker 1: The giveaway we'll come back your call straight. After this.
Speaker 27: The colors of.
Speaker 5: The rene.
Speaker 1: This is gorgeous.
Speaker 2: As were, Going, by, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're going to, do this but it's not we'll. See. Tomorrow now This Is Australia urban Eyes with.
Speaker 47: Tony McManus hello there you Right across australia with her be three aw Here in Melbourne FIVE double A and ADELAIDE The ace radio network and have good friends at six P.
Speaker 1: In perth hello. To you we mess it up just just prior to the news where we played a little bit of but it's whilst. It's, branded yes it's Branded That. King cole we don't.
Speaker 2: Think that was no singing wonderful Well just Armstrong And. Louis armstrong so doing, that, version yes.
Speaker 1: Thank you david and all those people that have been sending emails as through. As well we. Appreciate that now a couple of quick calls you wanted, To do but there's something else we'll, get away. Wasn't, IT no I, Think, barbara barbara, Go.
Speaker 48: Ahead hi, Oh Hello i'm Barbara From west like. I'mazy now BUT when i, WAS sixteen i got a very interesting job and it was over At in SPREE and i was testing the sides and different compartments Of the camber.
Speaker 34: Jet fighter, oh YES.
Speaker 48: And i always found That very they said to me how important this. Part WAS that i had to fill in these forms as the men would bring in different parts of the AIRCRAFT and i would have to test the metal on it to make sure that it was ready for the next piece of work they do. On it so it was like a rock well type.
Speaker 22: Of machine it was a.
Speaker 20: Lovely thing and as the men.
Speaker 48: Would hold certain parts of, THE plane i would take a reading on it and then fill in all these forms before it could go to the. Next PART and i found that interesting and Very very you have to be very accurate.
Speaker 2: On it so what were you measuring the thickness of the metal to make sure that it was? Made, proper yes that was?
Speaker 48: It, Right yes i'm sure the machine was called a rock. Wall machine it was a, beautiful THING and i can still remember when the men would bring in the bigger parts that, hold it, you know you get two and three to hold, it up And then i'd do the testing on the different parts of the metal that. Came through so it was a very interesting Kind of that was all Munition that finsbury turned very quickly into turning. Out MUNITION and i just happened to get that job at a very. Young AGE but i took it very very.
Speaker 18: Serious well as.
Speaker 2: YOU would, i mean that. Was critical if there were problems with the, metal structure then that could have.
Speaker 48: Been catastrophic, so, definitely yes you have to be very very sure. Of yourself and then of course LATER on i went further into my studies and became. A teacher so, and yes it was a very interesting time in my LIFE and i met.
Speaker 2: Lovely, people yes and you sound, very eloquent, You, do oh thank you.
Speaker 48: Very much my father, was Military and i've managed to have two, beautiful children and one son became he was in the naval reserve and he finally became crime, scene investigator and the daughter was in the government. As WELL and i married a man who was at long range weapon establishment that was a.
Speaker 35: Great, life yes and so.
Speaker 2: Correct me did you if you don't mind me? Asking again you said your?
Speaker 48: Age, Before yes i'm eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Eighty eight you. Sound, UNBELIEVABLE oh i still in my.
Speaker 48: Own home i'm very very confident, AND yes i have a good life and keep myself.
Speaker 1: Very interested and just for People, around Australia That west lakes area that was where the footy ground used, to.
Speaker 20: Be, that's, right, yes yes thank god.
Speaker 1: It's gone and so would you were you on one of the waterways. Around, There yes i'm not far.
Speaker 48: Off from, the lake only about or about a five minute walk from.
Speaker 3: The.
Speaker 48: Lake, gorgeous yes it is a, loveliest spot. Very nice it's better since the football area. Has gone because my main master bedroom we found it rather difficult to lye in bed on a summer's night with the blindest up if it's a, lovely breeze which we get, down here because the lights from the walk was rough in, our eyes so we had to change.
Speaker 1: Rooms around who do you bear? IT for.
Speaker 14: I don't.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 48: Don't know i've never followed family DO but. I don't i've never been very interested in it.
Speaker 22: AT all i have.
Speaker 48: Other interests what did. You teach i've talked just about everything from reception.
Speaker 2: To matriculation, oh goodness.
Speaker 1: Reception they call it Reception In south australia we did then and Here, in.
Speaker 2: Victoria yes right up.
Speaker 48: To entculations so and the new first Laboratory, in adelaide the. LANGUAGE laboratory i. Ran that so that Was quite that was an. Exhausting job, but anyhow very interesting AND as, i say it's been a very interesting journey.
Speaker 1: My life what a great Story about write.
Speaker 2: Your memoirs you have some sort of jottings or musings or something written down of some of the things.
Speaker 48: You, remember yes the only thing that really not, marks Me but i'm over. IT now i tried to go OVERSEAS and i can't fly because once the plane gets to a, certain altitude something happens to my blood and.
Speaker 13: My, sight.
Speaker 48: YES so i had to. Be OFFLOADED as, I say i'm the only LADY that's i held up a jumbo without.
Speaker 35: A gun.
Speaker 48: They had to bring the Plane to sydney and they got me off. The plane my daughter was. With me we were going to go for a lovely. Shopping, OVERSEAS anyhow i just COULDN'T see i couldn't hear fourteen Days in sydney and then they brought me back on a different plane that could come.
Speaker 14: Very.
Speaker 48: Low, yeah yeah so that's the end of my. Flying days.
Speaker 34: That's it oh.
Speaker 2: Goodness me oh that's. A shame you should do a cruise. Or something hop on a boat, And.
Speaker 34: Yes i've got an off water around.
Speaker 2: Me down.
Speaker 34: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Very much nice to talk to.
Speaker 47: You about what a fantastic call and lovely everybody has. A, story, yes absolutely it, is great and even there is lots, of text so one in particular says, a lovely fascinating Call.
Speaker 1: From barbara, eighty eight all about when young and, The program and that's really what this program is about in any.
Speaker 2: Many ways we'd love to share people's stories and what. They do, and everybody as, you say has something in their life that is interesting. To others so it's good to be able to learn a little bit.
Speaker 1: About it. It does it definitely gladdens. The heart one of The stories i've just been reading as you, were speaking and NOW that i, tell you it's just disappeared from, my Screen so i'll get back to it in just. A moment but to suffice to say that there is more ranks With the president Of The, united states and it's surprising and a member OF, the ABC The abc america actually looks like he's been stood down from something that he. Allegedly posted so it's on for young and are you going to stay you to? Hang you what are your plans For This? King's day? Birthday weekend? Your mother and welcome to hang to a serial time not?
Speaker 2: Far, Away okay i'll hang to all the serial people are.
Speaker 1: Asking for how much longer do we hang with the? Chuk have have you got any idea when it might come to A, grinding look.
Speaker 2: We're up to episode one hundred and forty ONE of i think roughly about, three hundred.
Speaker 1: So in moving through we could be here at, this rate we could be here by early of. Next, year yeah the feathers, are flapping, very sooty certainly fling as.
Speaker 2: We speak i'm sitting over here Watching a Man in pain over the other side of. The desk you didn't Like The.
Speaker 1: Southern, american yeah it's. Very good it, is GOOD but i, get it but it's it's it often shows up for me as a bit of a a, One trick BUT then i should know THAT'S what i am one.
Speaker 2: Trick pony, that's right we'll do this when we.
Speaker 1: Come back plenty of tome for. Your calls come and. Join us it is one double three six nine three is the telephone Number for. Australia overnight we're just cruising Through a king's birthday holiday Here. In melbourne certainly they had their big special day last Weekend In. South australia your PARDON. In wa so it's not a holiday in that part of, the, world no but it is most. Other places one double three six nine three is our telephone number if you are sending a text message or you would like to more importantly zero four double seven six nine three six. Nine three lots, of emails many OF which i will actually address later. On today overnights AT three aw dot COM. Dot au overnight's AT three aw dot COM. Dot au quiz question yes comes up from textending in nine. Six zero i'm stuck on a quiz and need. Some help do you know who discovered milk and what were his or?
Speaker 2: HER intentions i don't, right question but no one. DISCOVERED milk i mean mammals have been providing milk for their young since we have been. Mammals, Forever YES but i wonder if the questions why? Cow's milk why.
Speaker 1: Cow's milk as opposed to the go to the garmand the garment or. The oat the almond always gave lots.
Speaker 2: Of milk, oh yes and the oat. As well, you know people ask why is it? So expensive so have you ever seen a milking machine for? Those things no cost the. Fortune microsurgery humans.
Speaker 1: Have consumed dairy products, from cows sheep and goes for at least at least ten. Thousand years the first archaeological evidence goes back To The neolithic age EIGHT, thousand bc which indicates the milk was consumed in the Places, Like Europe, Middle, east Africa. In asia there, You go so it goes, back long, long time the origins. Of milk why was the first? Cow milked and where as early as, twenty seventeen that.
Speaker 2: Long ago that, long ago way.
Speaker 1: WAY back.
Speaker 33: I, remember, it well.
Speaker 1: How to milk? A cow you're looking at some of the really weird sites that we're not allowed to. Look at how the? Milker cow do we need to? See that on THE Screening A brief history of milk. Homestead homesteading most archaeologists believe that cheese was first discovered when milk was stored carried to the stomach of. The, ANIMAL.
Speaker 2: Well, i mean you wonder about a lot of the foods and things and how it came about things like. Even chocolate how did they figure out that you needed to, do this that and the other to the coca to, create chocolate or, you know how did they figure out coffee was much better when you wacked some hot order on it and that type. Of thing it's really quite extraordinary how we've ended up where we've.
Speaker 1: Ended Up So daniel peter is from memory was the story who sort of all but invented or created what YOU and i know and love is milk chocolate and. A legend and he Was, a switzerland the country without a single homegrown coco been it would become the first place for that. To happen Yes, in, switzerland yes but surprisingly one man from a. Small village his Name Was. Daniel, peter today most chocolate companies produced various types milk, choking bars but do you know the idea of milk chocolate belongs to, One Man. Daniel peter candy lovers have an opportunity cabre dairy Milk milk darve, chocolate bar and the list goes on all those.
Speaker 2: YEARS ago, i mean that's, a topic isn't it one's? Favorite?
Speaker 1: Chocolate now do you remember as? A KID and i wrote this down over the weekend because it came up as. A conversation did you have a hall cupboard when you were growing up? AT home a?
Speaker 2: WHOLE cupboard a? Whole, cupboard no you didn't have A hall we didn't have a. Whole cupboard what do?
Speaker 3: We?
Speaker 2: Put what what was in your? Whole, cover well that's that's Exactly what i've. Written there, You go so what what what was in the?
Speaker 28: Hall?
Speaker 2: Cupboard okay so in our?
Speaker 1: HALL cupboard a lot proud, Of this.
Speaker 2: Well you were in there at. Various times.
Speaker 1: We are but it was even it was even worse. THAN that i that it was often referred to as the, chemist.
Speaker 2: Shop the chemist shop where medications.
Speaker 1: Were kept, oh okay so it was just, you, know, yeah yeah it's in the chemist's, chemist, caboard right which was a hall cupboard down the back near the bathroom before you would turn off to bedrooms either side around the time and in there were Things like valiant Okay and affiliate that are sorted of drugs back in.
Speaker 2: Those, days okay WHO dare?
Speaker 1: I ask?
Speaker 2: Who was okay?
Speaker 1: And So and i've taken this up, with People including, jill QUICKLY and i would talk about this where why were why were those things so readily prescribed.
Speaker 2: In, The, day well because we didn't know all of the long, term effects and they were miracle drugs back in, THE day, I think and actually for war post sixties when valium probably one of the, early ones was it even? Fifties, posting yeah we post war, For sure and so people who, couldn't sleep people WHO had, i mean valium is a, muscle relaxant so for those with spasm in muscles, and things it was and pain it. Was huge but it is very addictive and also it reaches a point very quickly where you become adapted. To it your body becomes adapted, to it and so you don't it doesn't work the way that, it worked and then you have to up the dose and up the dose and up, the dose and that's where a lot of the problems start.
Speaker 1: To arise and the other thing that was always intriguing about that is where, the chemist, excuse me doctor would. Prescribe them chemists would then have a. My recollection is a kid not much will be YOUNGER than i was at, the time that would deliver, These.
Speaker 2: Things yes on. A bike on, A, Bike YES and i think that's until VERY recent i think kids were still, after school we're delivering.
Speaker 1: Stuff on their they get a little fee the lobby there after school in the three point thirty worked through until six delivering these. Potent, drugs yes around the Suburbs.
Speaker 49: Of, AUSTRALIA yes i think it's a biz when you think about, it now that that's A very up until, VERY recently i think that's been. A thing and do you think that the baddies, can, go oh there's there's a kid's got to have a lot of drugs on.
Speaker 1: His bike or.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe it was not quite as sinister. As that back in. The day we were a bit simpler and so people were left to their own devices a. Bit more because he didn't hear. About it you didn't hear it was a thing that, you know some poor kid got knocked off their bike and the. Drugs taken so, you know someone now has a stash of becks that that they.
Speaker 1: Didn't have stash. Of Becks vincent's Vincent's powders, ford, pill, disproine disperine all of. Those pills. That's funny so the question that we have, FOR you i forgot what the question was there the history. Of milk now we sort of probably. Covered, that really we think some of those, things, that yes hopefully we helped out. That caller we'll do this when we. COME back a couple of calls before the cereal. That's next so we had the other, one was as you, pointed Out, Was, mogadon mogadon a Valium And.
Speaker 2: Sarah, pak yes they. Were all they were.
Speaker 1: The three and so the QUESTION that i always had, for people why were they, being described? Prescribed PRESCRIBED would i, say, described, yes prescribed forgive? Me prescribed why were they? Being prescribed and how were they? Delivered by quite often young kids coming from. A pharmacist but then we Have GOT jay c Who Says East brighton pharmacy still has delivery kids in. The afternoon there. You GO and i worked THERE when i, was Twelve. Says jo, so yes so maybe there is still some of those delivery type.
Speaker 2: School things there's still some of the old school pharmacies and, things around, you know the old apothecary styles with wooden panels and all of that type. Of thing What did? Mogodon do it was a it was a. Nerve, relaxant yeah it was, a tranquilizer a.
Speaker 1: Valium, ms well it's a.
Speaker 2: Muscle relaxant but because it relaxes, the muscles it it sort of settles. You down mogodon. The same so, they're, all.
Speaker 1: Yeah what was what was going on in?
Speaker 2: THE well i. Don't know did you what did your milk taste a bit funny before you went? Into bed do you think there might be a little thing floating around the round around the top? Of it my brother and you're talking about do you recall sleeping very well as? A child tony still do?
Speaker 1: Pretty Well The, sandra, hello oh.
Speaker 28: Good morning i'm a little bit, of subject not. At all that chicken man think is that could ever get?
Speaker 35: Bird?
Speaker 2: FLU well I think i think there are a few people that hope that it does get terminal. Bird flu did you mention That?
Speaker 15: To, JAY no, i didn't jage that's what.
Speaker 28: And that but, up here what? Is happening the kangaroos, Are, rampant yes starving road kill yep, IN hope i was talking to the Farm at hopeton the. Other day they're even in. The cemetery it is.
Speaker 2: So, Sad yes i've been hearing stories all over the place because of course with, the drought that the kangaroos are moving where they wouldn't, otherwise go and in towns and people are still watering gardens and there is water around that they're definitely moving in towards towns and the grass that's growing by the side of, the roads and there are many many animals that are getting hit by cars at.
Speaker 44: The moment it's.
Speaker 28: So sad and this is a little bit of Sort Of, cuvier yesterday what's?
Speaker 36: The day what's?
Speaker 44: The?
Speaker 1: Day.
Speaker 2: Monday, monday yeah we often. Wonder ourselves have you ever Heard Of? Mystic park mistic just, remind Us.
Speaker 25: Sir sandra It's Between lake bow and krang up here Right. Northwestern, victoria yeah it's a tiny little off off. The highway and we went out to our seventieth, birthday party which.
Speaker 28: Was a high tea.
Speaker 1: And, cocktails goos.
Speaker 28: MY god i have never ever ever seen food or hospitality. Like that there'd be about five houses out there and. This hotel it.
Speaker 33: Was amazing i've never heard.
Speaker 1: Of it so this Is, in victoria In The, murray valley In between Karrang And. Swan, hill, well yeah.
Speaker 28: We've Got, swan hill then we're coming Down To. Lake boga then We've Got mystic park, As such kirang and then you're on your Way. To bendigo that's the.
Speaker 1: One there it looks don't, Look Gorgeous mystic. Park beautiful it was.
Speaker 13: A, high ah.
Speaker 28: It WAS and i mean this isn't an ad. For them they don't know me or nothing that, you know how some thin still stays in, Your.
Speaker 2: Mind yes, of course.
Speaker 28: Well yeah it. Was fantastic and was that at.
Speaker 2: The hotel THERE because I think i just saw a little article come through that they're looking for, new owners that the hotel's up. For, SALE oh i.
Speaker 28: Don't know we went out there because it was pouring rain and you sort of got out and, ran IN but i. Don't know it was cup sauces and plates.
Speaker 15: That was it.
Speaker 28: Was amazing but and so was. THE hostess i don't know whether she worked there or owned. The place, but, YEAH no i didn't know what, was UP so i didn't see. Any sign there's just.
Speaker 2: An article from their website they saying they're looking for their. Next OWNERS so.
Speaker 35: I know this, is Trivia but i'm, just.
Speaker 2: Saying, oh yeah well we're we're.
Speaker 1: ABOUT trivia i was just thinking about.
Speaker 13: Bird, flu, yes.
Speaker 23: Yes well don you thank you.
Speaker 1: For that it's always good to talk. To You. Sandra david good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Again hello good.
Speaker 18: Morning GENTLEMEN am i on you are no?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? Call it? Go ahead you're Talking, to tony go Ahead, it, yes well good.
Speaker 50: Morning gentlemen well understand you with a, bird, FLU yes i would SAVE the i would save the hospital system a lot.
Speaker 51: Of MONEY and i just a simple using the year the chickenman.
Speaker 23: With caves.
Speaker 2: Very divisive, is yeah, you know maybe it's a good opportunity for you to go and put the.
Speaker 50: Kettle ON when i was, A kid i did a chemistr and used to used to deliver medicine tourses. Of people that's just the way things. WERE done, i, mean yes it was an innocent world and nothing. Went wrong just, things.
Speaker 2: Happened, Honestly yes, AND kids i mean kids selling newspapers on.
Speaker 18: The streets there was no dishonest.
Speaker 2: To you and you. Do that and kids would do, A paper you could do a paper run in. The morning you'd get up AT oh i got a clock on your bike and throw the newspapers over. The fence it was that.
Speaker 1: Was straight it was a good one to make you quid With The progress press back in the day you Delivered The progress press once. A, week yes dollar. Five happens baged the dollar and saved the. Five, cents yes that was a.
Speaker 50: Tip for, the lollies because you know you could get one hundred and fifty different sorts of dollies.
Speaker 3: In the.
Speaker 2: Milk bars would have a glass cabinet with all the boxes, of everything and you'd have one, of these one cent worth of these and two cents worth of that.
Speaker 50: Gorgeous cobbers they must have had Strong, nervous yes because reminded of me of a brilliant Skit From. Kingswood, country yes an. AMAZING skit i forgot the name of the. Net comedian he's really a really. FABULOUS guy a cup of coffee ross and that, doesn't matter yeas a cup.
Speaker 2: Of coffee he played ten.
Speaker 18: He says, He says i'd like water.
Speaker 23: With the two otherwise it's a. Bit, dry ye it would be.
Speaker 2: Very funny that's.
Speaker 1: A classic maybe maybe you can.
Speaker 51: Find that it was very.
Speaker 23: Very funny it's a.
Speaker 1: Nice, piece david we've Got the are you happy With? The, cereal Yeah.
Speaker 18: THE cereals i just like the.
Speaker 36: BAND play i think you to doing a great.
Speaker 18: Job tonight so will it have been a lot.
Speaker 1: Of fun that's very kind, of you Very kind all. Right mate we'll talk to you. Again soon. Thank you that means we love you and.
Speaker 2: Leave, you yes, over now you're going to be here. NEXT week i will be here next week. Sometime definitely but you don't know.
Speaker 1: WHICH day i don't know who TODAY because i get text, Saying winsday nathan going to.
Speaker 5: Be, here, YEAH yeah i.
Speaker 2: LIKE to i owe people money.
Speaker 1: Or, Something well i'm. Not sure thank you for being part.
Speaker 2: OF it A Happy?
Speaker 1: King's, birthday yes and to you we'll. Talk soon the, d's, TODAY yeah i.
Speaker 2: Think?
Speaker 1: So okay good only Thank. You cereal. That's next that's a great piece, of music, you know. Just wonderful nice to have your company wherever you are Right. Across australia you can join us the other side of, the news coming up, to four coming up to two IN, w a coming up to us three and Serve. Us Astradia i'm. Tony mcmatus australia over night one double three six. Nine three we'll have a look at what the papers are doing The. Age TiSER we'll do that next part of. The program.
Speaker 9: Now this IS a Scladi your Overnight with, tony McManus.
Speaker 1: The GRANDFATHER what i say in, the DAY as i, remember saying life can be great if you just don't weary, the challenges not. Too weary well these days my expression would be life is wonderful if you don't fall into heightened levels. Of despair and when sometimes you working through as we, all do you work through the news cycle and you see it in the news, last NIGHT and i think, to, myself really what more do the authorities or what more do YOU and i have? To do, for example story again in the. Pavement today but you would have seen in the news, last night no doubt heard it ON three aw or FIVE double a OR. Six pr the police blitz over the long weekend found that one in every eighty eight drivers was either on drugs or driving well over the legal. Drinking limit nearly a third of the drink drivers apprehended by police blue double the legal. Alcohol limit let me say, that again nearly a third of the drink drivers apprehended by police blue double the legal. Alcohol, limit now does that just drive? The despair it must be if you're a, working copper if you're working in. That field given everything that we've known about this for decades and decades, and decades why do people think it's still okay to risk, their lives but more importantly the lives. Of others the dreadful toll that has on people that lose somebody, through this the approach to, drink driving significant penalties with those breaking. The rules, yesterday afternoon officers had already caught one hundred and thirty six drink drivers and eighty five drug drivers right across. The State, IN, victoria mo just can expect a rammed up police presence across major roads and highways as people return home from the long Weekend. TODAY monday, i mean IT just i don't know, about YOU but i find, it, staggering really and it's about the lives at. A risk it's about the the just the carnage that this does and the heartache it creates for families for not twenty, four hours not thirty, six hours not, three months often forever because you've decided it's okay to get full OF the p one double five and, then drive or do your drugs and. Then, drive really the Campaign that i've been advocating for for now for some time is simply just don't be, a dick and we should really promote. That heavily don't be a dick and if, you are if you are accused, of anything we will assume that you are, a dick and then the penalties should. Be, Enforced anyway i'm a. Happy Writer note Julian, in armadale, good morning.
Speaker 23: Good morning could you tell Me it's tony which maybor liberal Government in victoria introduced the secret rules be about nineteen.
Speaker 1: Seventy one i'm going to say it would have Been And sir henry or maybe or maybe It Was Sir, rupert.
Speaker 23: Hamer because we've been around.
Speaker 1: The world.
Speaker 23: There was one over a house and people Killed. On victoria no was what was the.
Speaker 1: Big numbers that they had in their? Old son was it one OH one o? Three, six yeah so of course.
Speaker 23: Don't remember the most famous motorbike policeman Was Now. Paul cronin we never did you really get To? See shirl that's a.
Speaker 1: Great question i'm not too sure that We did i'm not sure that.
Speaker 2: We did what a.
Speaker 1: Great question did we ever get To? See shirl he said over.
Speaker 23: To, you shell that's the One Police sargeant manton wasn't and? That's right and the great What's The?
Speaker 1: Michael, Pate Yeah michael pate was, another one wasn't? He one? A Voice michael?
Speaker 23: Pate, WAS now I wonder i've had memories of our. Old trip i'm looking at the photograph on my fridge and my father run three of us used to Go To. Palm bay you know what?
Speaker 1: That is just remind Me palmel palm downwear Out Of.
Speaker 23: Posser. Pine there we used to Go. To Melbourne from Melbourne to brisbane and the OLD t aa.
Speaker 35: And.
Speaker 23: The friendship and there was a brilliant hostess There. Called sybil she knew, everybody's. Name everybody she was. Absolutely marvelous used.
Speaker 15: To go sil.
Speaker 1: That was the. Great character that was The.
Speaker 2: Great sybil.
Speaker 23: That's right and she used to dress in the most exotic costumes. Really anyone they used to catch live fish. And barracutter it was a Brilliant perfect we used to catch an old boat Called the realmer that used to be Caught from Prost And pine pier Into Onto. Long isiland that was. The story and a big storm in the nineteen sixties and our Neighbors In parkham street actually were caught in that storm in nineteen.
Speaker 1: Sixty eight that's the One That long island was an interesting it was a beautiful place in the islands was it was. Just gorgeous but then, that closed is. My understanding don't country remember well what was Known As? Long? Island? Yes it who?
Speaker 23: Closed it?
Speaker 1: IT did i went there many many years Ago With. Andrew skinner skinner good morning. To you he'll remember it WAS and i reckon that when we, did that that would have been, early seventies and then sometime after that that island ceased, to exist is. My Memory hope i'm right.
Speaker 23: About that this is a true story that we actually got to prisone overnight before we caught the next light uponko Friendship To. Possim fine that's we were missing our banks in terms that we had to change jets of seven to Seventh in brisbane and they still left the plane went Back to melbourne and.
Speaker 1: We had no bags bags change and at midnight guess.
Speaker 23: What they did a taxi some OF them taa deliver their bags back at.
Speaker 1: The hotel oh is?
Speaker 42: That Right?
Speaker 1: In Melbourne? In Brisbane in brisbane.
Speaker 23: At the hotel that's long gone Called. The daniel that was one of those old nineteenth century hotels that had the scrub the old scrubber pink for your shoes and had the old. Metal lifts you could see the people that going up and down. The lift do you Remember, those no we were naughty boys because we were told off. By manager don't press the lifts, on this you're not.
Speaker 1: Using it, Fantastic, now julian have you do you follow the footy?
Speaker 15: AT all I.
Speaker 23: FOLLOW melbourne i can remember when we were. Little boys we used to wait for the test pattern to finish and they were casting a friendly ghosts and in the morning it used to be a football demonstration for the kids with dom barrassy thing.
Speaker 1: IT was i remember. That too was just wonderful to get up And Watch ronald dale on. The telly.
Speaker 23: That's right and you also remember the vacuum. Clean sales every one of them that used to come to your door Was. Mister jolly that's, the One.
Speaker 1: Mister jolly, now well let's hope they have a big win Today. Over Collingwood.
Speaker 23: OVER collingwood i hope we do win. ANOTHER thing i wanted to mention you have over come. The time it is many many many. Years ago we had a nighbor called Only As. Auntie joan now she bought a business In country queenstad and she was a really. Professional lady she could make a, real hamburger and she could make the real quick, or chips and she really toasted the buns and crispy bacon. And eggs she made it all. To order and she had the old type of milkshakes when they put them in, the thing and all different famous pepper, and, chocolate raspberry many, of those all around two major, road schools and went, and.
Speaker 1: GORGEOUS gorgeous i can hear the joy in, your voice which is. Even, fantastic julian. Thank you we will do this when we come back. Your calls annie will Go, to stall we'll Go, to jeffrey and we'll go. To you come and. Join us one double three six nine three men's Final The. French open it's. REALLY interesting I mean sinner won the first two sets, six four. Seven six alcatraz then. Came back he won the next two and he's leading now in the fifth so we'll keep you up to date on. The score so he's up four to three in that fifth and. Final set what, A competition what. A game we will, DO this i know. We're not we're going to take. Some, calls okay where. We're, going oh let's Go to ANNIE. And q hello Morning.
Speaker 52: And, HI look i was listening to your conversation With about beck and The four valley and.
Speaker 14: Accord.
Speaker 46: With me accord.
Speaker 27: With me my mother had a.
Speaker 34: Whole pot, the effects she Had, the ford and she had.
Speaker 1: The value she, had everything and we didn't know why at, the time and it was probably none of, our, BUSINESS really i guess in. That sense but when we know what we, now know how liberally these things seemed to. Be prescribed we didn't have, one box. Two boxes we probably had eight boxes of each. Of those you know.
Speaker 29: WHAT'S interesting i was thinking because over the last three years dealing with treatment and THE way, I did i found like wellness, and mindfulness yoga and everything else to deal with any any of the insomnia that might.
Speaker 13: HAVE emerged, I mean i cannot believe some of the stuff that.
Speaker 1: SHE took, i mean, ON earth i would take, it well not with not with what we now know and the type. Of medications having, said That and i've got, to SAY and i don't Know what, I'VE well i haven't mentioned because it only Happened last Thursday, or Friday AND friday i think it was where a pharmacist came round and looked at and it's all Linked, into medicare and, you know but he looked at the medications just to give me the background of. The process looked at the MEDICATIONS that i had historically taken and some OF which i continue to take, for intergestion. For example so then you got this SITUATION where, i, said well, tell me explain to me how. This works what he said is that this program which has been set up where somebody comes in like, a chemist if, you like comes in and looks what, you're doing in conjunction with, your doctor comes in and examines everything that. You're taking it's saving, the government in his learned, of view billions, of dollars billions of dollars just by implementing.
Speaker 29: This Program and i'll tell you the probably the best thing about that is you're actually looking at what.
Speaker 1: Works and what works and what doesn't work exactly.
Speaker 52: RIGHT out i think meditation and yoga, or breathing and going to seek help from a professional is probably better advice than running.
Speaker 1: To, MEDICATION look i have what we now know to be, the case and YOU and i are, not Experts so i'm certainly.
Speaker 27: Not experts.
Speaker 1: We're NOT but i suspect that there is a greater link in that than just the idea of this wild prescriptions that were being handed out in the sixties and. The, seventies yes.
Speaker 13: There was that people were standing like there.
Speaker 1: Was no exactly, exactly Right which i've queried that a fair a few times over. The years good only any. THANK you I Installed, Holo.
Speaker 53: MARK so i want to did you get my message out of a day? About dom and it doesn't really say a lot ABOUT what i actually shut, the Doors but i'd say it'd be rites. And everything apart, from that it's not REALLY why. I, Called.
Speaker 1: Well i'm just trying TO think i did see you. HANG on i was. JUST chatting i was. JUST chatting i was just going to answer you a QUESTION about i get as zillion text and emails as you, can imagine and forgive ME if i haven't followed them, all up but IT was i was swamped over, the weekend. So forgive but it was a bit of a sad story that. Really there.
Speaker 53: It was, it was, it was but we had a good night. Soaking rain not just something that comes down now tomorrow and fans is off. The ground it actually started The influenced well.
Speaker 1: That's encouraging hopefully that goes down, further south down towards the, you know the southern part of, THE state.
Speaker 33: I hope so so.
Speaker 53: Just rained all. Wake in it was one of those weakends where you just huddle off and front.
Speaker 1: And stand on top, of well let's hope that it makes a. Big difference anybody down through, that area right Down through warnable and around, that area give us. A call how important is? The rainbeen one double three six nine three one double three six nine three Still?
Speaker 53: Be american, go?
Speaker 1: Ahead right this not.
Speaker 53: Another topic that teacher was in class and said that the students were doing, numbers today and, everyone, said okay right As, little johnny what comes after? Sixty nine this is.
Speaker 1: A get might just a little get rid of? That one? Thank you one double three six nine three set, telephone number why bother? In, Northboard, Hello, jeffrey yeah, Good.
Speaker 26: Morning tony you mentioned a little while ago about the road toll or at the start of. The hour and in Nineteen seventy i'm pretty sure it was nineteen seventy were they had a public a campaign call declare war on ten.
Speaker 2: Thirty four it was ten.
Speaker 1: Thirty four now i'd. Written down i'm glad you've clarified that because i'd written down ten, Thirty six so yourega was ten.
Speaker 26: Thirty, four yeah declare war on ten. Thirty four, and look we going for an hour on the. Road toll but when, You say i've sort of thought about it a bit, in itself as most. People would but because there are a lot of idiots.
Speaker 1: On, the road.
Speaker 26: You're never going to you're never going to cut the road toll by too much more than what it. Already is and one REASON that i look at is the population in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 23: Was approximately two Million, in victoria.
Speaker 26: And now it's round six seven and we've gone from ten thirty four with a population of two million down to around about roughly two hundred odds with a population six and a. Half million so, YOU know i think all, things considered with of idiots on, THE road i don't think we're going to get much better, and LOOK and.
Speaker 1: I think that's a. Reasonable, assessment however in, My, view Jeff and i'm sure you'd probably agree one one life is. Too many and so what are we going to do to you, know this this is this assertion that we can't do better doesn't wear. WITH me i think we can always. Do better and whilst we've gone from THAT one o three four down to whatever the current, tols are it's still unacceptable and the behavior that YOU and i see pretty much every day must be debilitating for the officers of the law enforcement who go up the road and they pick up these people that are, fullip one, double five sometimes twice the. Legal, LIMIT well i would propose.
Speaker 26: Zero limit THAT'S what i.
Speaker 1: Would, do Yeah well i'd be up. For, That yeah i'd be up.
Speaker 33: For that THAT'S what i. WOULD prepare i would get.
Speaker 18: Really tough.
Speaker 26: Irks, me also is this this cry of we're going to. Educate people you get educated on the speed limits and all the rest of it when you go for, your license and you can go for your license and do everything right under, a test and then the, next day, next day you're on. Your own you can do what. You like and that's what a lot of.
Speaker 1: People. Do Yeah, and jeff when we talk about the we talk about the road toll where, somebody dies and that becomes that figure about which you. Were talking what we don't hear about is the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people who are severely injured as a result of. Poor behavior.
Speaker 26: That's correct and they tried a few years ago to have some quite, you know the son of the ads with the road, road toll, you know some of the just, you know with the repercussions of The, ear yeah and.
Speaker 1: To have people understanding how devastating that.
Speaker 23: Can, Be yeah but they took.
Speaker 26: That off they took those off. The air are, too dramatic you know what the, people want, you know they put those back on the air and, see what, you know the repercussions of road trauma.
Speaker 17: Really are who.
Speaker 1: Would have made the decision to remove? THOSE commercials, i, Wonder.
Speaker 26: Well i'm not sure exactly that all the hullab a. Little, bit oh it's too traumatic for the people and all this sort. Of thing that's what's needed more, and more in, my opinion to make people, wake up.
Speaker 1: To have people acutely aware that each and every one of us have a responsibility did a, driving course have done several driving courses over, the years but one in particular Was, with jaguar and the, trainers said in, their experience what happens is people get into the car and they put IT into d for DREAM and, i, thought gee that's right for a lot of us. In it you get, in there you put it and then you just go through.
Speaker 26: The, motion well it really annoys me when there's a forty k speed limit and people just get right of you and they just especially on, wet roads they just don't think and they're going past you at sixty and seventy in a.
Speaker 23: Forty.
Speaker 1: Zone, yeah crazy, you.
Speaker 33: Know it's just.
Speaker 26: Really annoying and THAT'S why i Say what.
Speaker 33: I've said good On.
Speaker 1: YOUR jeffrey i agree. With you, well done it's a. Great call thank you for being part. Of it we'll cross over To the french open very Shortly With, craig GABER which i can tell you at This. Stage alcatraz he's four, FIVE up i Beg your pardner's five to four up in The fifth so we're going. Very much we're going straight now where We're going? Craig's here?
Speaker 35: Is?
Speaker 1: He, Hello craig i'm pleased. You're There craig gabriel just, Brings.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 36: Yeah We've got Carlos al chiras serving for.
Speaker 54: The championship he saved three championship points in the fourth Set when sinner was in. That position and this is just absolutely extraordinary stuff because what we're also seeing as records of been broken with the length of. This final it's now the longest men's final At The. French, OPEN well i MEAN since i think about twenty thirty years. OR something I can't i've got to look at the. Books again also.
Speaker 36: In games it's the longest final since nineteen's eighty four that was a total of fifty. One games we passed fifty one at four to two in the. Final sets so things are really really tense. Over here ALTERAS as, i said serving for, this match he's come back from two sets to love down to me in.
Speaker 1: This position he's sitting at, this stage you're sitting fifteen thirty. Thirty fifteen so we'll keep you up. To date what a game. YOU enjoy i know you've got other commitments for, the NETWORK and i thank you very much for jumping on board. With US as, i said we will keep you up to date as we go through this next few. Minutes together but it's for those that. Love TENNIS if i won't mind if you cross it a gen if you want to have a. Quick squizz it's really. Quite compelling we will do this when we come back your course in It funny i'd written down ten, thirty six but reminder was actually ten. Thirty four ten thirty four of the. Road toll lots of text. On it it's interesting everybody has a view. About it. We do we talk about the road toll and the loss on. Our roads this Is, around australia by, the way given that we're talking to a national Audience on, australia overnight so we don't dismiss any. Of that it's unacceptable to each and every one. Of us but many are pointing out if you look at what drugs do in, the community those that take their, own lives which is dreadful for a range, of reasons and you add up, those numbers it is just awful for those that are. Left behind but surely we've got to pay attention to some of the things over which we, can control which would be numbers around people thinking it's okay to, use drugs abuse alcohol and then get behind the car. And, drive now if you had, a child if you had, a daughter if you had anybody in, that situation it would be very difficult to forgive YOU and i might be people historically would like to think that we. Can forgive we, don't forget but we. Can forgive but you reckon a thing would like that would. Be devastating if you had a family and a, love member love family member who was a victim of somebody who just chose to drink and drive or full of the drugs and then drove of which they had, no control, that is the victims have, no control would. Be horrid you, Good morning, Good morning Village.
Speaker 15: Of melbourne how.
Speaker 1: You're done we're. Pretty well we're just we're keeping an eye as.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: SPEAK hugh i don't know whether you fancy the tennis if you have any interested, in sport but watching the it's going down to a bit of. A knuck but it With between Sinner and elka tres two sets All and. Sinner serving he's up at forty thirty and it's five games all in the. Fifth set on.
Speaker 6: On on.
Speaker 15: One of those people that can mystics that can can read what's going to happen in. The endorse my wife was a. Tennis expert she hit up at three o'clock in the morning and watched the, whole match and She. Loved barty is That the? Aussie player?
Speaker 1: She, is well we all Love.
Speaker 2: Missus barty, you know.
Speaker 15: Isn't it Funny With ossie say you get a national figure and, you go, oh yeah and then then then your brain's. Gotta go, hang on this computer's got a flat battery right there? There there when was? It, important, Yeah web me wife sat up at three o'clock in the morning and watched a win and she didn't quite. Get there actually she she my wife Said that mardy girl's going to be top of. The TREE and, i thought and that's the only reason that stuck in my mind was because it came from. An, authority.
Speaker 1: Yeah well she knew she was. Spot on she was well and truly. Spot.
Speaker 15: On yeah my wife was Lived in herbert and all the life that they got on very good with the indigenous community. Up here the these Are In. North queensland it's it was only settled one hundred. Years ago wasn't settled that?
Speaker 1: Long ago it's not. That, long, no, no no.
Speaker 3: It was it.
Speaker 15: Was may it probably happened like the turn of the, twentieth century the very.
Speaker 1: Late did when you say it, was settled.
Speaker 15: When it was set, in nineties.
Speaker 1: Eighteen nineties yet when you say it, was settled what was.
Speaker 15: Settled nineteenth century you're.
Speaker 1: Still, There Yeah but i'm saying what when you say it, was settled what? Was, settled well bubs.
Speaker 15: Were built there were. Towns everywhere it didn't, mining flew but bubs. Were built that's how it. Was settled it was settled, with alcohol and that was because my wife said that mining is built. On Gambling and I'VE seen tv shows where where a family came from when they when they show over on the Edge, of england right on the edge where the thin, deposits were the miners lived in stone houses and they were they were Of that welsh moreover that Side, of england and they Came To north queensland because they had the experience to go underground and under underground tunneling in the Hills around herban that was bigger That The palma river. Took off i've got a book On The palma river of a lady Friend. Up pier she's running a. Tourist business she's one of The local, aboriginal tribe.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 15: And and they've got a shop up in the main Street at herbanton now and they're doing tours on. Their land they're Still very there was sort of a settlement built on the Edge of herbanton and a settlement on. The river it was a nice, spot too three fire bro houses and a little toilet and washroom on. The cree always very neat Because the aboriginals very quickly latched on and, became drillers.
Speaker 1: Drilled rocks i'll tell, you what you be the you could be the great spokesperson for that whole place up there in Frontal. With queensland always good to. Talk to Huey In Melbourne.
Speaker 23: High case, Good, Morning hi i'm a road Traumas.
Speaker 1: Of, well katie what's.
Speaker 37: Your story eighteen.
Speaker 13: MONTHS ago i was in a HEAD on a woman was texting on mess cross double white lines and hit. THE car i was in hospital for six weeks to learn to, Walk AGAIN okay. I did twelve, months ago my thirty year old son was murdered by a drug driver who went through red lights and hit. The car it was a pasturing. And, Kilty.
Speaker 1: Okay i'm.
Speaker 13: So sorry you got no idea what drug driving does and how what destroys families.
Speaker 1: Forever forever you just didn't ever get, past it.
Speaker 13: Never ever as a month you joined the worst club in. The world it's just the club where you've lost.
Speaker 1: The child the worst club in, The. World kate and.
Speaker 13: Then still dealing with all the injuries from a car, accident anyway two, separate accidents both people, On.
Speaker 23: Drugs kate.
Speaker 1: It's unimaginable how DO you, I mean i guess each day one is different to, the other but it's a day to. DAY proposition i guess is how you're going, To feel how are you going to approach? The day how are you going to get through? The day.
Speaker 35: You just.
Speaker 13: One foot in front of the other and.
Speaker 48: YOU just i.
Speaker 42: Don't know.
Speaker 13: It's hard to explain because.
Speaker 53: Lose child.
Speaker 13: It's just not something everybody. Should Do and i've met some lovely people who are in a Bereaf where i'm in a bereaved.
Speaker 37: Parents group does?
Speaker 18: That, help yeah.
Speaker 13: It does it does because they're also in the worst club in, The world so it's we're a.
Speaker 36: Big support for.
Speaker 13: Each other it's just, it's very very very hard and, you smile but you don't because inside you just you. Just crying.
Speaker 1: What, About kate have you got other close family members that you spend time with or what's the. Situation daughter i've got a daughter.
Speaker 13: And She's got i've got two, beautiful grandchildren, so yeah EVERY day i. See them they are the lights of.
Speaker 24: My life but as, you know you've.
Speaker 13: Got grandchildren it's just it's still just you just don't process.
Speaker 34: IT properly.
Speaker 13: I don't it's hard. TO explain i talk to my son every day.
Speaker 1: Every day every day may ask what age, He, was kate when you're lost it, thirty thirty.
Speaker 13: Twelve months ago.
Speaker 1: And had a life ahead that could have. Been. Anything, yep yeah.
Speaker 13: You'll never, get married you'll never, have children and these are all these things just get. Taken away people just. WALK around i do ha in the car with my DAUGHTER because i don't like driving because of. MY accident i just look. At people dix is. An understatement the way, people drives, it's scary. Is, frightening yeah once you've, lived it you just you just cannot understand how people continue to be stupid on. The roads but it's the it's the drug driving that well in my case both cases Was.
Speaker 1: Drugs, yeah drugs well not so much jokehold drugs we're on.
Speaker 13: MESS yeah i mean the woman that hit me with Texting On mets cross double white lines and it took them an hour and twenty minutes to.
Speaker 1: Cut me out of the Car, and kate without going into, any details was that person found guilty? Of, charges no.
Speaker 15: Houll do she's had two.
Speaker 36: Kids in the car with a.
Speaker 37: Just work the system.
Speaker 13: Kept adjourneying and adjourneying, and adjourneying and eventually they just.
Speaker 36: See, you no nothing should never, Get.
Speaker 1: Injured okatie i'm so sorry to. Hear that i'm proud of you for her coming on and sharing because that's where the real heart of this. Issue is and whilst some, are, saying well you know our road toll is down on where it was all those, years ago yes, it is but the devastation for those who are impacted is equally as great as it. Ever, was well it never, goes away ever, goes away.
Speaker 13: GOES away i look at myself every day and look at the scars all over my body from, the surgeries from all the damage that was done, to me AND then i look at a picture of my SON and, i go what, The hell.
Speaker 35: What the?
Speaker 13: Hell happened.
Speaker 1: How's your health, Generally, NOW kate.
Speaker 13: I don't, Sleep obviously That's why i'm talking on. The RADIO what i us for in, THE morning i. Don't know It's very i'm quite Limited because i've had a lot of Damage and i've had. Multiple SURGERIES if i, DON'T know i try to do as MUCH as, i can but it's, really hard very.
Speaker 1: Very difficult as, you one as, you say, one day one step at. A.
Speaker 13: Time yep basically that's all it.
Speaker 18: Can.
Speaker 1: Be kate thank you for being part of.
Speaker 35: The.
Speaker 1: Program thanks not easy is it? For people everybody has. A story it's a. Straighter overnight just to light the mood a little bit on This holiday, monday morning on this day back in nineteen, seventy two It Was the king, made history selling out, not one, not two, not three four Consecutive Nights madison square At the square Of, the gardens and, no surprise tickets were, in demand as you, could Imagine Give the king Hadn't Played new york in over a decade at. That point let's go back the year in nineteen, seventy two.
Speaker 3: Work out to see what to do with me.
Speaker 55: When you're dump in, THE world, i, say weekend where does this?
Speaker 41: Suspicious mine.
Speaker 3: So we're, at rivers fine to?
Speaker 41: Say HELLO would i still see suspish in? Your eyes.
Speaker 5: You'll be called up.
Speaker 1: Just to clear.
Speaker 41: Our man.
Speaker 55: You can't see what you love me.
Speaker 3: About crime.
Speaker 41: He can't come.
Speaker 55: This suspicious.
Speaker 41: And we can't build that.
Speaker 3: Dream suspicious.
Speaker 2: OH then.
Speaker 3: I, rather tease.
Speaker 55: Don't let a good?
Speaker 41: Thing die.
Speaker 3: All of the r, that, dude yeah we. CALL him.
Speaker 55: I can't all.
Speaker 3: Because to, must baby why can't you see what you do? With me when you don't believe?
Speaker 2: THE world, i say don't you do?
Speaker 41: THE track.
Speaker 3: I can Walk out bea to first pay you. ONE trans.
Speaker 55: I can't Walk out.
Speaker 3: Beapa to first pay You. BA tran i can walk Out. BE tra.
Speaker 41: I can't walk.
Speaker 56: Beca to third base You, the monday it's the ninth Day of june twenty, Twenty Five King's Birthday Act New, South Wales, Northern Territory.
Speaker 1: South australia Tozzy. And victoria the only placed the MISSUS out i think is wa MORNING. W a they'll be leaving us a very that is surely horse. Racing community as you can imagine and the lovely Text from Rory in cars thank you for. That reminder horse. Racing community great Tribute To robbie lang racing community rock by the. Sudden death group one winning Trainer At robby lange passed. Away sleep he was sixty Seven four group ones notched up a total of nine hundred and thirty winners if you. Don't mind throughout his legendary training career he trained Horses like roman arch an. UPSET victory i think Of The australia Cup in flemington back you know six seven years later The powerful polanski claim victory In The. Victorian durubi, recent years horsemen come back from bankruptcy turned to the top of the ranks. Of racing tribute as you, can imagine are flowing in From, around australia around the world for The great robbie l just. Wonderful trainer condolences to those In the australian racing industry and to.
Speaker 9: The family It is australia overnight with tiny McManus.
Speaker 1: Any breaking program and getting underway very Shortly with ross. And ross mean ladies, and gentlemen have we got a little quiz? For you come and. Join us one double three six. Nine, three oh we can tell you in terms Of The French, open alcatraz what is what? A match we'll be talking about that, FOR years i, would Imagine but alcatraz has one At The. French open sensational performance given That Today, adam WEST the us actor who of course starred in The SIXTIES batman tv series and regularly features part of the police report here ON three w In, the morning. Passed away he was eighty eight when he died in. Twenty seventeen so it led us to thinking some of those, really WONDERFUL memorable tv themes of the sixties, and SEVENTIES great tv themes from the sixties. And seventies now we want to put together very quickly what we think might be the definitive five. Or seven you, can choose will it? Be five will it? Be seven if you've, got one and now would be a really good time, to win to win to a ring and put in your nomination one double three sixt' nine three one double three six nine three telephone. Calls only telephone. Calls only now you, might think, for example Theme From The brady bunch was. Up there really you might think that it could be the Theme From happy days would be, UP there i would imagine. For many but if we could collate it down to the, top five maybe seven all time GREAT favorite tv themes from the sixties and all the seventies, only now it's a. MASSIVE catalog i. Get it but here's the question. To you what's the number one that instantly jumps to mind? For you one double three six' nine three is? The telephone number one double three six nine three is one. Of the favorites.
Speaker 5: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Your dreams.
Speaker 3: Or your ticket.
Speaker 57: Welcome back to that same old please that you laughed about, for.
Speaker 55: The naties old teams that.
Speaker 3: You hung around but those dreams have remained and. They, turn around well we need to.
Speaker 57: Teasing because we got him. On the Spin welcome bad well the. Bag Well, Back welcome Ba Well Bag Well. Bad welcome ba.
Speaker 39: We always.
Speaker 3: Could spy.
Speaker 31: Hable apologies too we have some Trouble with our well, news line.
Speaker 1: Too so forgive. Us for that that, WILL be electified, i Promise, You brad morning what would you put on The list, Brad hi.
Speaker 32: Today i'd actually put. Too straight out you kind of, Go past obviously.
Speaker 23: Nash the recent.
Speaker 1: It was a great. Piece of? Music wasn't it, so it was and the other.
Speaker 23: One would be tras Film My.
Speaker 1: Favorite, hogan's heroes well i'll put It on the it was a great. Piece of music but was that going to make the top? Five or seven, Brad, GREAT contribution mash, i, would say yes it's just a. Great sensational piece, Well, Done you, Gary Good morning Tony, Max Speaking.
Speaker 18: HELLO tony mac i enjoyed.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 33: Welcome back holder that brought back a.
Speaker 1: Lot of memory that, What a track what. A, Great track listen i'm going to steer off.
Speaker 50: The international scene i'm going To go, the Naddie One the, sullivan oh, YES.
Speaker 1: Hang on i got to. Write that down what, a WONDERFUL piece which i think Was done by i'm Going To say jeff harvey put that Together From. THE midday show i.
Speaker 18: THINK you're right i. Think, YOU'RE right yeah. I don't listen that was a much watch show for certainly a lot of people back.
Speaker 3: In the day and?
Speaker 1: Was it now was that Seventies or, eighties Sullivan's seventies seventies.
Speaker 18: The seventies might have beenished in, the early eighties.
Speaker 1: But, certainly seventies gee it was, a cracking, program you know, for the? Time wasn't it.
Speaker 15: All the.
Speaker 18: Characters Were great uncle david.
Speaker 51: Was my favorite he, Was he was they, were all.
Speaker 1: Great fantastic call thank. You for that where?
Speaker 15: Are we off?
Speaker 1: Good on you where? We off to i'm. Not too sure we Were up, to jay, one double three. Six nine three we're? Going to? Signon? Are we hello Simon Practice In blue blue heelers had a wonderful, piece of Music Didn't? It blue healers But was that i'm just. Trying to think was That That? Was blue healers was, the eighties?
Speaker 5: Though wasn't It In, The Country?
Speaker 1: Practice country practice great shows. Of the eighties we're trying to nominate it to round that definitive list of the, sixties and seventies but certainly. On, the list, Simon Thank, You dean Hello.
Speaker 51: Tony Fly Away In?
Speaker 33: My beautiful BALLOON from?
Speaker 1: Which tv series?
Speaker 33: Do you Remember let's fly Away And?
Speaker 22: The big blow what was the name?
Speaker 1: Of the, Series.
Speaker 51: Good question it's just as a pretty famous tune at the time, in the sixties, sixties and, seventies on SAY from?
Speaker 2: A tv series would?
Speaker 23: You fly, Away my? BEAUTIFUL my?
Speaker 1: Beautiful i reckon the original version of that was. A, fifth dimension.
Speaker 23: Yeah you're Getting close to thank.
Speaker 1: You very much to. The excellent Work Gav, In. Portland MORNING gavin anybody i Wrote a Couple, hogan's hero beautiful that's the that's the Second Nomination. For hogan's heroes that's.
Speaker 23: Going to be one Of the most American's, greatest superhero oh that was.
Speaker 2: A huge hit.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic Gavin?
Speaker 36: And the dukes Has?
Speaker 1: It the dukes who Was?
Speaker 23: YOUR favorite duke i would Have, to Be, Day.
Speaker 1: Not paddy, no, thank you bye. Good on, you for Me It, was paddy duke but that might be just. A demographic. Thing thank you we'll come to you in. Just, a moment andy if you've just joined us for. The first time given that, the great show The theme from Sorry It. Was adam west that's. What Prompted this Adam west from batman passed away, on this. Day twenty seventeen he was eighty eight, When he Died The. Great adam west He. Was the batman really wasn't he as curious as that was at the time. From the sixties so, we, just thought well when you think about those great themes that WERE associated with tv shows THAT you and i loved right through the, Sixties and seventies what was the favorite theme? That, you have now there's one here that says it's disappeared. From the Screen it Says Streets of san. Francisco was fantastic the other one for Me Comes, from YOU doris which i reckon is going to be. A big Contender Theme From. Hill street blues what a theme that we'll look at the other, Side of this come and, join, us, one, double three six nine three. For, your nomination now, in the seventies they would COME on the tv and you'd know exactly what, you're in for and we all hung Out for The One. And only fonz and then if you go back, to the sixties there were so many great shows like if you look at the Theme, from the Monsters Shows like iron side that HAD these Fantastic Tv, themes perry Mason but certainly ironside. Was pretty dramatic there are so. Many of them add to the, List, For, me andy hello there, you.
Speaker 23: Going well Yeah I've.
Speaker 1: Got gilligan's, island oh yeah who can forget from The sixties. The gilligan's theme it. Was, just mesmerizing, andy, well done. You thank you did you have? A favorite Ginger it was. Ginger the favorite you're pretty keen on the professor that You go, nice ardie, Morning.
Speaker 58: Good morning tony and day every Birthday, Gave well thursday i'll go With homicide And.
Speaker 1: Lost in SPACE why did i know that you'd whack in the? Theme from HOMICIDE you know? I love it you. Love that homicide did we ever ask you who was? Your? Favorite, Detective.
Speaker 51: Uh look, terry McDermott was and they're All Good and leonard, Teel of course.
Speaker 1: Leonard Tel The. Great leonard teal and what An Incredible voice. Lennar, teal had.
Speaker 53: Yeah it's DONE well in hl you'll see your counsel and became sergeant after The Death, off Sergeant bonser which terry.
Speaker 45: McDermott pop played.
Speaker 1: You're a amazing good on your thank you, Glad, us morning.
Speaker 14: Yes GOOD morning and i like to nominate THE good Old.
Speaker 13: Ozi, one rush oh what a.
Speaker 1: Great piece of Music It was brian may from the ABC's Directing The. Great brian may now a lot of people are telling me That theme the sullivan's Was Written. By, hector crawford well double. Check on that you may. WELL be right i would have thought that it. Was put together but if some people are Saying It. Was hector crawford i'll be wrong and everybody else. Will, be correct pete good.
Speaker 2: Morning to, You.
Speaker 58: Good morning tony we're four out of four in the sandfall and stir playing ordered. On me today but on, the Other topic, the Adams family, The partridge family Division.
Speaker 1: Four and mattlock you've nailed a few there in. One, fell sweep.
Speaker 50: Yeah and it's raining.
Speaker 18: Cats and dogs good, on your.
Speaker 1: Mate and we'll talk to you again later. In the week to you wor get the. Round yep o bye. Ladies AND gentlemen as i pick up my great, piece of music my great piece OF paper that i have here in, front of me and it's always, a joy because, as we know everyone talking about the end of the financial year or, are they well but the nature be they're, talking, about is hey you can have better health for the rest. Of the year look, Who, It Is cookie jeffrey cook of. Morning good a good to. Have you back nice, to be back. Jeff.
Speaker 37: Thank, you yeah well today is the first day of the rest. Of your life and if you're feeling, it run down, lacking an energy maybe feeling a, little BIT secondhand then i invite you to TRY The nature Be invitation. Power pollen off it is.
Speaker 1: A fantastic, thing to do and it. Makes power pollen it's different, From other, supplements jeff.
Speaker 15: Sure, as it's food.
Speaker 37: Not a drug remitts in jam. Packed with goodness plus our unique potentiation process makes it much, more by available meaning that you get all. Of The benefits it's nature's perfect fuel and people really feel the benefits like all, day natural, energy stronger, immunity better sleep improved digestion and.
Speaker 23: Even, laser focus.
Speaker 1: Well laser laser what, Did, YOU say oh i can't read that laser focus. Such, thank you yeah it sounds like it is, a great boost especially during. The cold winters what's the offer, For Us? Today jeff cook.
Speaker 37: Well, special today look if you've NEVER tried nature b give it. A go today you can buy a thirty day SUPPLY of Nature b power pollen for just thirty nine Ninety five and i'll give you another thirty. Days absolutely free now that's enough for you and your partner to both experience the benefits and remember it comes with our risk free. Money back guarantee exceptionally.
Speaker 1: Really great offer what's the best way to do to? Take?
Speaker 37: It up jump online to nature b. Ee dot com you can call us on one eight hundred one four seven nine nature b. With two e's that's where you go to nature b dot com to place.
Speaker 33: Your order and.
Speaker 1: Do it today Good on Your jeffrey jeff cook there. Natureb dot com. Have to laugh i've, made the point, ask the question And we've got we'll get to these calls in. Just artick here you know. Who you are. Don't go away we'll come to you. In A, moment adam WEST the great us actor who in The. Sixties was batman of course we loved. Him for that he was eighty eight when he. Died twenty seven it's the anniversary of vis. Are passing today We've been watching gem because of the tennis WAS, on the gem and We're watching the gem And of course alcatraz gets up And Wins, the french open which. Is just amazing and then they HAVE a fantastic tv PROGRAM, now on gem which is perfect. For OUR theme but i don't want to spoil it for you because it is such a great THEME in, the TV show but i don't want. To, spoil it, Merreth good, Morning, good morning tony, you really well thank you the nominations so, far have listener this has been some fantastic for those that have been sending lots of text. Through as well i'm there with your mash has got to, Be Up, There Hogan's, Heroes. Blue heelers sullivan's there were just so many from. Which to choose but what, Did, you have? Meredith get that what an open.
Speaker 13: And one?
Speaker 34: Was a, prisoner oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, prisoner was. Massive wasn't it that had and that became a bit.
Speaker 2: Of A Hit.
Speaker 14: Remember coronation, street never.
Speaker 1: Changed it never ever changed. All, those times, margaret good morning.
Speaker 26: Good morning Morning i've Got mork and, Mindy and.
Speaker 1: Yes, Walk and mindy i'm Writing it Down walk And.
Speaker 26: Mindy and josie And, The pussy.
Speaker 1: Cats Josie and the pussycats a. Great, Cartoon, version yes, margaret well done you well and truly. On the, list thank, you thank. You thank you for, all those people we're just not going to get to. Them at all there are. So many wonders we should do it another time when we have a, bit more time because there's so many of our famous happy. DAYS we mentioned i guess in a sense this, was an extension wasn't it? Of happy days known And loved As, mark and mindy Our very Own, Mork and MINDY ross and russa next three. Ow Bricking Program. I'm tony mack for, all we know we may. Never meet again may our hands only ever be held out in friendship and never, never in life