Speaker 1: Well in Sydney. Now there are three men in custody of allegations they profited from the sale of fake, counterfeit luxury goods and made as much as ten million dollars from the sales. The profits of their alleged crimes then went towards buying high end sports cars, Lamborghinis and McLaren's. The men have been in court this afternoon seeking bail. A decision on bail will not be made today. Detective Superintendent Peter Foe is the commander of the Organized Crime Squad and joins us, thank you for your time. Detective. How did this operation work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hi Clinton, thanks for having me so. Essentially, the organized crime Squad we're going to Unexplained wealth team and they look at exactly what this scenario was. People who are out there living well beyond their means and making money from any type of crime really but organized crime. And they work closely in with the new South Walest Crime Commission. And we identified these people that they'd been doing this for about three years and went into resolution on the investigation yesterday, finding large amount of fake copied luxury goods and seizing these nine high end luxury motor vehicles.
Speaker 1: So what were they selling? What were the luxury goods?
Speaker 2: Oh? Look at I mean when we executed the three search on the premises, it was like going into department store. Essentially, there's absolutely everything. There's sneakers, clothing, watchers, handbags, everything you can think of the high end luxury goods stores sell. They were selling copies off.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you've made these arrests and this is all going to be played out in court, and that process is started the day Peter, because I've often wondered when you pull up a set of lights. It can be in the suburbs of Sydney, and you look at the car next to you and it's a Lamborghini, And sometimes you look at the driver behind the wheel and they look pretty young, and you think, well, you've done very well for yourself. Maybe you've had a tech startup or something. But you do wonder sometimes where the money is coming from for these cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, and you know everyone that drives on these cars is doing it illegally. But you know, this is a perfect example of how people can make enough money through committing crime to sort of build like enough wealth to move not only extremely large amount of cash, through their bank accounts, but by these luxury motive vehicles. One motive vehicle alone was worth approximately one million dollars out of the vehicles we see, and the title of Eagles were well over three million dollars in value. So yeah, I mean, and these people were quite they're blatantly flaunting their wealth that they're making from this. You know, they're on social media posting things in terms of their wealth. So it's always good to get these type of people that the best thing is that these people are undermining a legitimate business and industry. You know, there's legitimate business out there trying to sell goods and they employ a lot of people and those people rely on that employment, so you know, they undermine that whole process and industry.
Speaker 1: Of course, this plays out before the courts, but what what now happens to what you've seized?
Speaker 2: Essentially there, you know, we have all the goods and there's you know, we've got a large amount of goods here, well over a thousand different items that we've seized, and they're you know, they're analyzed and certified as being copies or fake or fraudulent, and then it's highly likely they'll be destroyed at some stage.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you for your time, no problems.
Speaker 2: Thanks Clinton.
Speaker 1: Detective Inspector Peter Foe, who is from the Organized Crime Squad. The command up now