Speaker 1: Had my birthday the other day. Oh well I was sixty.
Speaker 2: I was turning keeping that up my sleeve. I was going after the music, going to say and by the way, folks, Dave turned sixty. But you've played the cades. Well, can I say on behalf of the audience, happy birthday? You know what? It is a pleasure to have one day of O'Neill in our lives now for sixty years.
Speaker 1: And to sixty year old people in their sixties doing this podcast. You're in your sixties.
Speaker 2: I'm past the middle.
Speaker 1: Imagine when you were twenty and you heard someone was in their sixties.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my dad's old. When my dad turned sixty, was like really old?
Speaker 1: Oh really old.
Speaker 2: I don't feel very old. No, I look old and I served yesterday for two hours, so you know you.
Speaker 1: Don't look that old. I tell you what rewatching Sam Payne show. There's a lot of nude you on Sampagne show. Just what did you bring that? Well, just because you look good, you don't look sixty. And if you can look good when you're nude, I'll tell you what you're going. Well, yeah, I don't look good in the news.
Speaker 2: Well, all I know is that from my phone.
Speaker 1: If you saw there's a second dude photo of you.
Speaker 2: Now I know, I know, the one of.
Speaker 1: You holding the French of Penny in front.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, because I said on the show that was a frinch of Penny, the original photo with the flower. And by the way, I think my friend told me that the it's.
Speaker 1: Not a fan of Penny though, is No, it's biscus or something.
Speaker 2: I think, hi biscus, but that was in Fiji. I think that might be the national flower. And I've put it in my bottom.
Speaker 1: Is that terrible?
Speaker 2: Trying to be funny? That's just really inappropriate?
Speaker 1: Sidekick was saying on the last episode of Pang he said, stop showing the photo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I kept showing it. That kept showing him, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean we were when we need a quick glance and like my daughter's like, oh I didn't need to see that. Yeah, no one needed. Well anyway, what have I looked?
Speaker 2: And can I apologize to you for that? And look I feel but he took it off my phone. It's wrong, I said to him, whatever you take off my phone is on you. I picked out photos that were quite friendly and quite quite nice, you know, and I've got anyway, so I had to go back. They asked me to do videos, and I don't want to go down this road again. But there is a photograph of me with a French panny in front of my It's funny.
Speaker 1: Well you know what the bottom line was, It was funny. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope I didn't hurt anyone.
Speaker 1: I only talking about this because triggering. You look good, all right for sixties, but I turned sixty. And it's often because I don't work during the day. I mean occasionally go, well we do this during the day and I do a voice ab or something. My wife's like, what do you want to do during the day. Do you want to go for a walk in the botanical gardens? Fuck? No, what about an art girlery? No? The movies? Well, the movies. Yeah, But I went to a movie the other day. I hadn't been a movie for a while, and about twenty minutes and I'm like, this isn't that good this movie.
Speaker 2: Did you walk out? No, I would see I walk out. I go this is not working for me. It isn't going anywhere. I'm wasting my time.
Speaker 1: You know. The movies on and I wanted to see what did you do it. Well, I went to a Chinese restaurant because I thought I'm going to have a pizza that.
Speaker 2: Night, hang by yourself or with.
Speaker 1: Not with Kieran, and my daughter was home from UNI. So said, this is during the week on a Thursday.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say that the Chinese restaurant wasn't for fault. Were you the only people there?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, not in Paran, which is a popular It's a Chinese restaurant that I go to sometimes with Adam's friend of the show and he used to live around there. That's great Chinese food. What was your order? Well, you have a guess. What do you reckon? I got and remember I'm pretty basic, a basic beach.
Speaker 2: Oh you started up with some spring rolls.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like spring rolls that much. I love the giant ones that we spoke to all about, but I don't like that. You know what, I don't like the little ones. There's not enough bang for.
Speaker 2: But shoem I then dim sim Yeah, well dumplings. Yeah, you started with dumplings. That's the dumplings, and then you went might have gone Saint chabal onstead of an accent.
Speaker 1: I apologize, but think more basic thing. More basic fried rice, yes, but not just fried rice especial yes, special fried rice. Because it was your day, I said, a curate, that's all I'll need. I'll need four dumplings and I want the special fried rice all to myself. You guys can't have any, and they got vegetarian fried rice, but I ended up giving him some.
Speaker 2: You're good like that.
Speaker 1: But you know what I noticed on the menu, And this is what I really want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's no fried rice. I know you've said enough. It's really exciting.
Speaker 1: What's it called that place, the Oriental t Cafe? It'so a recommendation on Did you have green tea?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't want you. I die coke. Another reason I like going there. They've got diet coke. And I noticed on the menu there's no fried rice anymore. There's just special fried rice. I just I just started thinking they must have they must have had a meeting at one point. Guys, do we need to have fried rice anymore? Everyone's ording the special fried rice?
Speaker 2: You know what, it's a.
Speaker 1: Spinoff from the original that.
Speaker 2: They probably heard this show because we said just calling special isn't enough, Because what a special guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, prawn's and Chinese sausage. I think it is.
Speaker 2: It doesn't special, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but you know what it's like. Then I said, you're right right, this is a good this is a good talkback topic for your radio show. Gives a call one three hundred four. When has the spin off become more successful than the original? Okay, I'm going to hit you with one. Fraser and Cheers, do you reckon? Fraser was more popular than Cheers?
Speaker 2: Hang on? Pretty good? But Cheers was a great show, six show personally, I don't think Fraser was as good.
Speaker 1: And Cheers like the fried Rice and phrases like your special fried Rice.
Speaker 2: No I thought it Cheers would be the special fried Rice.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, the original. They're the original. Note it's the original. Then the spin off okay, okay, okay, give you another one. Happy Days and more Comindy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what do I do now?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? Morecamini was more popular than Happy Day? Okay? Yeah, that's a special fried Rice?
Speaker 2: It was very popular Morecamindy, it was. But Happy Days was huge ever saw in color?
Speaker 1: I loved Happy Days? Yeah, give's got one hundred trible two seven seven.
Speaker 2: Before the others. I'm like to.
Speaker 1: Spin off been more successful which I could think of than the original? Yeah, I hang on, are they giving this you look? You can look it up? Oh bands in the band world, I got one side project? Okay, go on, okay, I'm going to give you one.
Speaker 2: I won't know the Traveling Wilberries as.
Speaker 1: Opposed to say, like Tom Petty or one of the guys that was in the Traving Wilberries. The Traveling Wilberries were bigger than some of the guys that were in the Traveling Wilberries. I reckon were they? But they are very popular, Traveling Wibalbries. Only there are two albums? You got one? What's your one?
Speaker 2: Godfather Godfather Too was was was was more the one that people go to than they do Godfather one, don't they?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And Paddington Too. And Paddington Too was better than Paddington the original. Yeah, Paddington three was no good. Padding two was like they reckon, It's just like a the perfect comedy movie.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I wish I could think it's some more.
Speaker 1: You know, what's quite hard. I was lying in bed googling it last night, and it's quite hard to think of spin offs that were more successful than the original. But I'm putting I'm putting special fried rice up there.
Speaker 2: So that crossed your mind in the China's restaurant and you went, that's interesting. They've pulled it back. Yeah, don't even bother.
Speaker 1: And I try to engage my wife and daughter on these conversations.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with them? I know, it's a fascinating conversation, endlessly fascinating. And look, we've talked about it for five minutes and when we feel.
Speaker 1: Good, were in fact almost eight minutes. We're entertained.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, and it's these decisions like you paid a really nice picture. I don't know what else we can actually say.
Speaker 1: We're kind to play them.
Speaker 3: Is welcome to somehow related Now please welcome your host, Glenn Robinson, Dave O'Neill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're back, and anyway, happy birthday. That's that's that's Hey. Do you feel any different?
Speaker 1: No, like I was saying, I feel about thirty.
Speaker 2: Five in you. Do you feel you have wisdom.
Speaker 1: A little bit when it comes to some stuff? Yeah? I always say to the kid, I've been around for a while and I've seenff because you know what you see, you see stuff happen over and over again, particularly in work or like in comedy. I just go, I've seen this before.
Speaker 2: Because being around you, you know the deal and yeah.
Speaker 1: And then just with life stuff, you're like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are pretty good to talk to about stuff, to your your I live on your mantra, don't worry about that'll be fine, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that matter in five years time.
Speaker 2: That's a really good mantrate for life.
Speaker 1: Matter of five years time. Yeah, when you hear stories, I was doing it. I've got spaghetti bog names. Jesus, Oh, that was great. That's spaghetti bolo names.
Speaker 2: Hang on, put my headphones on.
Speaker 1: And you had chicken caesar salad.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I reckon. What you had is a sleepy time.
Speaker 1: I feel sleeping now, but it was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, you know it's a death right meal for sure. If you if you've been knocked off during the after mid afternoon, would you have speedy bolinnies?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, it's a.
Speaker 1: Pretty good dish. Used to be Schnitzer, but I don't know. I had one on Saturday night. I fell a bit ill.
Speaker 2: Don't go there too much there too often? Yeah, because keep it special because I would say most households, well, am I right in saying this? They would have spaghetti bolinas once a week? Yeah, that's a big statement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but with kids it's easy.
Speaker 2: It's the kids like it and it can last a couple of nights.
Speaker 1: Well, you have it about once every two weeks or a week. The kids complaining, They complain, some of them do. Yeah, but Barney, the youngest one, loves it. Me and him love it.
Speaker 2: We love it, so you celebrate. It must be hard and been a parent like that and having to keep all the kids happy.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't do separate meals. It's like that, why should you know? But some people do no really, yeah, yeah, they'll cook different meals. And I also people do that thing where they cook something for the kids and they've cooked something for themselves later on when the kids are little.
Speaker 2: But now we just always so you good your parents, You had what you had and then if you didn't finish it, you.
Speaker 1: Had it. You know what, Indulge your kids. That's why I reckon. Anyway, let's go to topics. We have two topics. Gotta work out how they're related about food. Fascinating topics. Already, I wonder if it will be about food. Sam has been listening game. I've got to steer them, steer them away, taken right away. What are the topic?
Speaker 4: Sam, Chris Farley and Shrek?
Speaker 1: A Yeah, yeah, Shrek. I only saw Shrek recently. I'd never seen that. Yeah. I went on that podcast that Peter Hawley does.
Speaker 2: He does a film about that, where you watch a movie that you haven't seen a lot of people saying thing you talk about it.
Speaker 1: I did Shrek and never seen Shrek, and it would.
Speaker 2: Have been easy to talk about. There's a lot lot to like in there. It's great, Mike Myers.
Speaker 1: I'll watch it on my phone in my bed. I remember with actually my youngest son.
Speaker 2: When you were googling earlier.
Speaker 1: Ah, it was. It's a funny movie.
Speaker 2: It's a great.
Speaker 1: Poignant sort of isn't it. He's a big troll that lives in a swamp.
Speaker 2: There's the bad guy who is John John Lithgow plays the bad King or something. Yeah, yeah, and he has to comes in. He has to. He meets a woman and he's got to go on otherwise he's going to lose the swamp unless he the princess back to something.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: You only just saw it, and you can't remember.
Speaker 1: Five years ago. I reckon four years ago and hang on saw it? I mean seemi recently, Like I just remember when I worked at Nova, there was a guy who couldn't believe I hadn't seen Shrek. You haven't seen Shrek the music guy. He actually looked a bit like Shrek. You haven't seen Shrek. You're a comedian and you've never seen Shrek. I said, I've never seen Shrek. You haven't seen Shrek, so sort of put me off a little bit. I never saw it.
Speaker 2: But those movies are they're family movies. So another guy like you said, sixty years old doesn't necessarily pop in. I don't think.
Speaker 1: But I would have had kids at the right age. Actually, but oh I had some good songs inn it had the Proclaimers. Yes, which song was it? I'm on my way from uh huh uh huh uh huh uh huh, I'm on my way. I had a friend of a friend who slept with one of the Proclaimers. Didn't work out, couldn't work out which one it was because they're twins.
Speaker 2: Were your twins, you would you would have.
Speaker 1: I was never in a band famous as the Proclaimers. I saw the Proclaimers live great in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Really, everyone just hanging from the one song.
Speaker 1: No, they've got two songs.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, sorry, they've got song when.
Speaker 1: I wake up. Well, I know I'm going to be I'm going to be a man. That's what that one and when you get home. I'd had some other good songs to a letter to America and whatever. I was a Proclaimers fan.
Speaker 2: What is Shrek? What does it mean? I think it means.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I think it's like.
Speaker 2: A monster in Yiddish or something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know the story, The origin story is fascinating. He was a book. It was a really looked over book, and a kid in a library in LA loved it and kept getting it out. His dad was a TV movie executive. Yeah, and he said, dad, you should turn this into a movie. I saw an interview with the kid. Him and his brother loved this because you look at the original book and it's not polished or you know what I mean. It's not basic, but very folks. He kind of home homemade it even say kind and but these kids loved this story of Shrek. And then the dad got the rights, and.
Speaker 2: How many I think they made three? Sick one, two and three, and like there was The Forever.
Speaker 1: And the Donkey and Edie Murphy.
Speaker 2: Eddie Murphy and and what's the what's the girl's name? Cameron Diaz played the Princess.
Speaker 1: I met her whatever what I met camer Diana. They need you the ones her an Tony Collette he met Cameron Diaz. She's really nice, she's friendly, and I think she liked me Tony. Tony kept shutting it down like it was really annoying. So I said, so both of you guys go with musicians.
Speaker 2: And she didn't want to talk about and Cameron go, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: A good point, yeah, because and then he's like, no, he's just trying to get to talk about her boyfriend. And she's like, okay, what shut up?
Speaker 2: But no, but Tony Claude has broken up with her husband. He's a musician, isn't she. She's such a good actress, she's fantastic. Cameron Diaz is still with that guy. His brother's on the voice. What's his name? The two guys, come on, don't do this to me. Don't tell me you don't know.
Speaker 1: Justin Justin Timberlake. Why don't she with Justin Timberlake for a while.
Speaker 2: No, but she's she's married and had a child with the one that everyone's yelling at the podcast. Now, don't make me go to my phone.
Speaker 1: He's on the voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his brother's on.
Speaker 1: The billy saying, now, who's on the voice. This is the voice America? Yeah, or the voice Australia Voice Australia guy Sebastian.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. You are gonna yell when you are Adam Levine or something like that.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, Okay, Sam, what is who's Cameron Diaz's partner.
Speaker 4: Cameron Diaz has been married to Benji Madden since twenty fifteen. Benjamin Levi Madden is an American musician. He is the lead guitarist and backing vocalist for the rock band Good Charlotte, as well as pop rock collaboration The Madden Brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've met them too, the Madden Brothers. That guy didn't like me.
Speaker 2: Which one didn't like you?
Speaker 1: One of the mad brothers because he couldn't tell which.
Speaker 2: One were you being?
Speaker 1: Were you? Yes? I was one of them. Was married to Nicole Richie's Lionel Richie's daughter, And I said, when you met Lionel, did you go hello?
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with that?
Speaker 1: He did not laugh.
Speaker 2: You know what, anytime you talk about someone's partner and.
Speaker 1: Me, I mean, if lone of Riches your father in law, that's pretty funny, isn't it. Don't you reckon? That's funny?
Speaker 2: No, it is funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I remember the guy that was in charge of ABC. I met him a few times to speaks and specs right, and then someone said do you know who his father in law is? And his father in law was Frank Spencer from Oh Betty. So I said to him eventually, when you meet him, did you did you, you know, say anything about I mean, that was a great show Max Spencer. He goes, oh, he talks about it, you know, And because I think you know he became a serious actor and singer, didn't he you know? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I'm just thinking though, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, if your father in law's famous, people are going to ask you about it it's funny.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, But do you imagine if you.
Speaker 1: Went home, you met a girl you met home and you know her Dad'sdale Braithwaite or someone you. I mean, that's funny.
Speaker 2: It's funny. I realized that. But maybe they get sick of talking about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what was it? Not a good Charlotte about their KFC ads?
Speaker 2: Is there anything that like you draw a line at, like, you know, I don't like talking about my private life that much. Is there anything anything that I can go to you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Look, I don't talk about that. What about that weird tattoo you've got?
Speaker 1: That's right?
Speaker 2: He gave their boyfriend pep.
Speaker 1: Want to shut it down? Shut it down?
Speaker 2: Look, you know it's really tricky, but you know, I just think it's sometimes you go, well, they deserve some privacy if they don't want to talk, because some who would I'm going to have to ask through. But we had some on the panel who was from uh Ugh.
Speaker 4: Glenn, let me stop you there. I know that it's Christopher Guest who's married to Jamie Lee Curtis.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's sorry. Yeah, So anyway, we had them on the panel and we were told don't ask any questions about Jamie Lee Curtis.
Speaker 1: Fair enough.
Speaker 2: I think it was around that time where she did a strip to these on Yeah, that movie, and then she doesn't want to be sort of remembered for that fair enough, so you know, and we didn't.
Speaker 1: I saw her in something the other day. What she and she's in there in the Chef Show. I think she plays.
Speaker 2: So she's doing a lot of the sort of roles that.
Speaker 1: Are really good, rugged, kind of tough, unrecognizable Glynn. I want to see you. I want to be seeing at home one night. There's an ABC drama on setting A has a commission flight and I want to see you walking in a singlet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like a film, Yeah, like an.
Speaker 1: Aussie but you know, hardcore. You're on Heroin.
Speaker 2: You're like, do you want me to do? You can do this thing?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Are you going to be.
Speaker 1: I'll be the cop? Oh? Come and I go listen, young lady, we're looking for your father with Derek. He's up for arm robbery? Where is he around?
Speaker 2: Think you're looking for me?
Speaker 5: You had a problem, That's what I was The actors do we just put on a bit of a voice, voice a problem, you know what guys like you really give him this ship?
Speaker 1: Well, you sound like a Heroin addict. I'm sorry, I'm a head.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm sound like, okay, can you want me to do heroic scene again. Just don't do heroin addicts.
Speaker 1: You know who does a good one is David Winnham.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll do. I'll do the actor being a heroins' in spit. Yeah, call me out of the room, Call me out of the room.
Speaker 1: Shad, where's your father? We need to speak to Derek. Is he around?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Uh, it's gonna shoot. I can't make any moves because.
Speaker 1: This is good. This is much better.
Speaker 2: I regon I get I get an award for that.
Speaker 1: I can. Yeah, they just trying. I like trying to turn its theorious acting.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I prefer Ossie actor who wears bloodstones, carries a bit of a satchel when he goes to auditions. He maybe wears a scarf and then he speaks normally and then you see him in the movies and he just goes like the yeah you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like Sampson does that.
Speaker 2: Yeah me acting? No way, I was stup. It very natural. The smoke rallies and where Blunt started. Yeah, I don't know what's going on, man. Okay, so we talked Shrek. I don't think so did one Academy Awards. I think yeah, I think it did. I think it had lots of big stars that had had.
Speaker 1: Mike My We've talked about my minds before, haven't.
Speaker 2: But I think he was what he was a topic. He doesn't do that, didn't want to spend time with his kids, wants to spend time with the Family's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Good decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eddie Murphy he came back recently.
Speaker 1: God, I love Eddie Murphy funny.
Speaker 2: Hey, I can't do the voice, but you know, he just does that such and such great timing, you know. And John Lithgow, he's a bit of trivia for you. He was in I know, I don't want to say that because he sounds like what you mean him. No, I was approached about doing it rather in a movie pitch Perfect, and he ended.
Speaker 1: Up doing your part.
Speaker 2: No, No, actually I've got wrong.
Speaker 1: Was it was it him?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, now I've embarrassed myself. Oh, should have embarrassed myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going to play.
Speaker 2: In pitch Perfect five or something.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Sam who played the Aussie dad in Pitch Perfect.
Speaker 4: In pitch Perfect third, John Lithgow plays the Australian father and has to do the accent.
Speaker 2: I feel a little bit better. And the guy who plays a commentator in that. Also, I think let's not just let's not check this. I think he played Kel in the American version of Cathy Kim. Oh wow, this is as interesting.
Speaker 1: So many connections.
Speaker 2: This is as interesting as Fried Rice and Special Special Rice.
Speaker 1: You know, Shrek has a comment about Disneyland. Remember he goes to It's like a piss take on Disneyland. Yeah, because the guy had a fight with the head of Disney and they have maybe they go to the car that he has the lineup and it's all soulless.
Speaker 2: And I don't remember that, but it was having to go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, look, I think we're done with Shrek.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about Chris Farleys Fahally, Chris Farley, very funny man.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah, I remember seeing I think I talked about. We haven't talked about Chris Farley before on this show. So I remember seeing him in an episode of Roseanne and he had was in a leather jacket shop or he came out wearing a leather jacket and he just absolutely stole the same. Didn't know who he was, and I remember seeing that years before he became really big. And then I went, oh, my God, I went, God, I'm good. I can pick him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a star. You're a star picker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a star picker.
Speaker 1: You said the same thing to me when you met me thirty years ago. But it hasn't happened for me yet.
Speaker 2: Still, well, you know it's.
Speaker 1: A mid level, a mid level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, New Faces was New Famous did a character. We both peaked years ago and they were just on.
Speaker 1: The it's all going to happen again.
Speaker 2: So what did he do?
Speaker 1: He was and then those movies like Tommy.
Speaker 2: Before that he was Second City was which apparently a lot of you know, you go back and you look at some of the stuff, you go, not that good, but happened to people. Yeah, it's certain live he would have been what in the Yeah that's yeah. From that, he spun out into the SNL films, Really didn't he Tommy Boy, Tommy Boy at School?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Black Sheep, Black Sheep, that was big. I saw cone that wasn't that big. That wasn't that big. But the Tommy Boy and the ones he did with David Spade were good. They are a good combo.
Speaker 2: Well they were fantastic company. They really were a team, weren't they David Swait. I hope he's not listening. He's good. It's not that likeable, is he. He's quite confident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like a little smart ass. Yeah, and I think he knows it is so because that's when he took off. That's when he took off on Saturny Live. I've heard him talk about it in interviews. Is when he was allowed to sort of be himself. And remember he used to do the Hollywood Minute or something and he would just slag people off, that's right. And I remember he did a famous one where he held up a photo of Eddie Murphy and he dropped and he said, oh, look a star is falling.
Speaker 2: And that was like that. Needdie turned on him, didn't he ed?
Speaker 1: He got in his car went looking for him. Really he was going to bash him. Yeah, Well, some of these guys are old school, you know what I mean. It's like if you if you insult them, they're not just going to take it. But they settled it. They met and stuff. But when they first met, he said, it was very tense.
Speaker 2: How they worked it out, because it's what's done is done, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is that he was a star on that show Satday Night Live. And now he's on the same show years later slagging him off because his movie started to die in the.
Speaker 2: Movie. He's such a legend. But you know, and wonder how what's his name felt about doing that. I wonder if he did.
Speaker 1: Like jamp Hag on his show, slagging you off, Glad Robins, everybody you know?
Speaker 2: Is he slagging out?
Speaker 1: No, he just puts up nude photos of you. Oh well yeah it wasn't. Yeah, But anyway, I said, it would be like that, you know what I mean, Oh.
Speaker 2: Drawing on something that is best unsaid. And then he died at like thirty three or something.
Speaker 1: It's like a curse, isn't like John Belushi?
Speaker 2: And I'm going to look I'm going to look up on my phone and I won't look at the answer. Don't worry. I'm going to look up other people that died at the age thirty three.
Speaker 1: And Jesus did he he died.
Speaker 2: At thirty three? Whoever we got here either Cassidy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, from the Mummas and Pappas.
Speaker 2: Yeah she was, yeah, she was big.
Speaker 1: She was the big one.
Speaker 2: You're not to say she checked on the chicken sandwich?
Speaker 1: Was that a myth.
Speaker 2: I don't know my mamas and pappas call on your dream. I should be laughing, should I? How dare you know?
Speaker 1: How daddy?
Speaker 2: I did someone say the other day, what about the mushroom lady? And everyone laughed? Do they realize that people died?
Speaker 1: I'm doing a joke about that.
Speaker 2: Are you doing any joke about that?
Speaker 1: It's not appropriate?
Speaker 2: People died? Three nearly four people died.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what My joke is that she said that she didn't mean to get death cap mushrooms, and then the joke says that what have you got to save yourself? And she goes should have gone to Specsavers. I'm sure it's a funny joke.
Speaker 2: It's funny. Yeah, but if you know what if a member of the family happened to Popp, Now you know you've got to think about that.
Speaker 1: I did a ging and lean Gatha maybe six months after she was arrested. And she's from the lean Gatha. They're very quick to toe she's from cram Borough actually. And the woman in the car park I was hosting a trivia night for the Special school because I'm a good guy. What happened the woman in the car Park said, please don't do any mushroom jokes. There's people here that know her family. Fair enough. I said, absolutely, I'm not stupid. I get up there within ten seconds. Some guy d have any mushroom jokes tonight. I'm like she said, we couldn't talk about that. There's no mushroom jokes.
Speaker 2: What about that other thing you know about?
Speaker 1: I just think it's such an unusual case that, Yeah, what's what other thing?
Speaker 2: Didn't you meet the prison guard?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that the prison guai comes to the local shop Alberts, And she's now.
Speaker 2: We're talking about it. We shouldn't be frippen about it anyway, go on, what happened? She's oho, you say.
Speaker 1: This, Well, she's anyway whatever.
Speaker 2: She's in the prison to say, you shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Saying, okay, let's not talk about it. But she looked after a lot of the famous prison prisoners.
Speaker 2: And you know, things that other people don't. Don't say anything because I think left it. Okay, who was the other person on Sunday Night Live that died from Belushi? Yeah? Well done? Uh yeah, oh okay? Famous were World War two? Come on, this is good, this is a good game. Hitler close thirty three going, no, no, close close to Hitler? Oh, yes, you're good. Okay. What about a cult leader that died at thirty three?
Speaker 1: No, Jim Jones was older.
Speaker 2: You're good. Come on, you know it, Come on.
Speaker 1: A cult leader? Yeah, a crash.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh this is a good.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of all these people. Uh.
Speaker 2: What about a soul singer from the sixties.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, that's harder. Yeah, I'll give you Line or richiecause he's still alive. Hello, Hello, this is hard.
Speaker 2: You won't get this one. I'll give you the first name, Sam.
Speaker 1: Cook, Pang.
Speaker 2: And Carol Lombard. You wouldn't probably know who that.
Speaker 1: Oh Carol Lombard.
Speaker 2: She died in a plane crash.
Speaker 1: Ah, she's a singer, wasn't she? Carol lomba actress? Ass Yeah? Oh? And I mean, how was Buddy Holly when he died in that plane crash?
Speaker 2: Well he wasn't thirty three, because he's not on this list, but I reckon he was younger. Buddy Holly was Yeah. Yeah, yeah, sad but true. So what are we talking about Chris Farley? What else can we say?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: What was his famous characters? The one that we know and we've talked about before. Is the I love it so much. We'll play that as thinking music. Yeah, what's his what's his character's name? Again? It's this a really funny scenario where he just there's teenage kids sitting in the land room with the mum and dad, and the dad organized this motivational speaker to come and talk to you. Great premise for us because you're smoking marijuana. Guy just and I've been to a lot of conferences and stuff and there are guys said, come out and do that motivational speaking and they're while and truly up for having the piss taken out of them.
Speaker 2: I did a gig for a minute motivational speaker up in Queensland in a room and nobody turned up. Like two people turned up. It was really embarrassing him trying to go.
Speaker 1: He might feel good.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you want to feel good, come on, let's get a hands clap you gain there are two people here.
Speaker 1: Seriously, it's funny. I'm going to give you a tip. I'm going to give you one tip today to make your business go better. That's why they say all this, And they always have a self published book they sell at the end God, you can do it or something like that.
Speaker 2: That sounds like we do ads on this because sometimes you listen to a podcast and they're talking, talking, talking, and then without a beat they go, you know what I've got to bak Mary?
Speaker 1: Does that? Hang on?
Speaker 2: Hang on?
Speaker 1: Are you just talking?
Speaker 2: Or what you're doing? An ad? You should say, now you're doing an ad?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I like green juice and I've always drunk green juice. I was thinking about this the other day. Is this weird? Has anyone else made this observation? The Pope is American? But he's got from Chicago, isn't he? So if we heard him speak, if you oh what if.
Speaker 1: He's got that accident to Chicago, you're born? Bless you? Bless you?
Speaker 2: Are you? Don Jesus Christ mcgarth. You know what I'm saying with me?
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, he's a progressive apparently though I look, don't get me wrong, I think they there's a lot of good boys. You've seen that?
Speaker 2: Have you seen it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Great, it's a good, great movie.
Speaker 1: Really, we went down the beach and my wife and daughter were going to a concert at the Day on the Green, you know, which is in Geelong, And we had two or three hours to kill while they were at the concert and I.
Speaker 2: Said, Chinese restaurant.
Speaker 1: I said, the boys, let's go to the local shopping center and we'll go see a movie, the only movie of ourbles, Conclave. And it was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Whole family saw it, No.
Speaker 1: Me and my two sons, and they loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 2: Your sons loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When can I see this pope movie?
Speaker 1: I'm still at the movies, or you can see it online.
Speaker 2: What does conclave mean?
Speaker 1: It's when isn't it? When isn't it the group of is that when the cardinals get together and there's a conclove. Yeah, before they smoke.
Speaker 2: And they gave again.
Speaker 1: Good Yeah.
Speaker 2: Make sure that if it was an Aussie pope.
Speaker 1: Awesome a you too remember that old joke when the the Aussie posts up there on the No, the pope's up on the he's given his thing. He's sermon at the Vatican and there's a few Aussie blokes to and they have an esky and it's drinking canes and they're like, look, he's blessed us. He's pouring out he's blessed on us. And then they get up closer and the post doing the crossing the chests going, you'll do a funk off with your you anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's enough, that's enough.
Speaker 1: Let's have Let's have Foley. That's his name, something Foley, isn't it. I want to get a van and live down It's just funny to say that you're in a caravan down by the river.
Speaker 2: It's it's just a fantastic that we'll live to eternity. I think you know. I love it.
Speaker 1: His speech is called go for it. Now. He's used to big groups, so make him feel like there's a crowd here. Come on up, buddy. Hell let's get started by letting me give you a little bit of a scenario of what my life is all about.
Speaker 5: First off, I am thirty five years old, I am divorced.
Speaker 1: And I live in a van down by the river. Now, your kids are probably saying to yourselves, Hey, I'm gonna go out and I'm gonna get the world by the tail and wrap it around and pull it down and put it in my pocket. Well, I'm here to tell you that you're probably gonna find out as you go out there that you're not going to amount to Jack squat. Oh man one of the rights. Okay, so what's your answer? I know this answer because we I thought we'd done this, but I must have done it on radio with I think it.
Speaker 2: Was my business.
Speaker 1: Now I think it's with the We could have mentioned Sampaign. I'm pretty sure we he's radio show played.
Speaker 2: Do you want to say what the answer?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Chris Farley was going to be Shrek and he actually there's tapes of him auditioning or doing the role, but then he passed away.
Speaker 2: What do you mean it was going to do it? Was he going to do it or did he do it?
Speaker 1: He passed it, he didn't do it. He didn't do it, but he did audition for it or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well let's go with that's your answer. Well you've got the answer. Yeah, okay, let's see what I'm going to have to go with what Dave said, but we'll you know, there's what's the answer, Sam.
Speaker 4: Chris Farley was originally supposed to be Shrek back in nineteen ninety seven. Chris had recorded most of the dialogue for the Lovable Ogre before his tragic passing. It estimated that about eighty five percent of the script was completed by Farley. However, due to being incomplete, it forced DreamWorks to recast the role.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you have.
Speaker 3: Been listening to somehow related with Glenn Robinson Daveonil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I didn't believe. I didn't know he'd done eighty five percent of it. Yeah, because you would have.
Speaker 2: I mean nowadays, unfortunately, I would step in and go bang and finish off the fifteen percent.
Speaker 1: And he looks like Shrek looks to me like he does.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much he they what the comparison would be between the old Shrek and the new Shrek.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Mike Mines did and it wasn't meant to be Scottish. He just said I'm going to do it a Scottish and it's worked so well because he had the Scottish father living Publian father.
Speaker 2: He's Canadian English, so you can see it in his comedy that he's got that crossover.
Speaker 1: Yeah baby, yeah, yeah. I've always loved when you turn up to an event in your Austin Powers outfit. It's just did since the Room a Light teacher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did do as some powers yeah baby, yeah, yeah, baby.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. You know what the new costume is I did a get a costume party. I don't know how he guess what the new costume for men of sort of a bit younger than us in their forties? Dad, easy one to do? Big sitcom star?
Speaker 2: Who they dressing up as a current sitcom star? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ted?
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because you've got the mustache and the hat and a golf shirt and your ted lasso.
Speaker 2: It's pretty simple forward.
Speaker 1: I know it's not. No, yeah, baby, yeah, Hey, when don't we finished with a bit of there's audio of him doing Shrek.
Speaker 2: So we could hear him. I would love to hear that.
Speaker 1: What's going on that? Thanks for listening, guys. Let's hear some Chris.
Speaker 2: Farley doing doing Shrek that never the world never got to see you.
Speaker 1: I want you to shut up, see no problem, you're just displacing your anger. Believe me, it's properly. Please you're really mad. Whoever did this to you? No one did anything to me? Yes, yes, yes, someone hurts you so bad. Someone hurts you many years ago. Eat my parents out of this. Right through