Speaker 1: The airwaves.
Speaker 2: Here is my request.
Speaker 3: You don't have to play your best.
Speaker 2: I've been listening to Shmay.
Speaker 4: And you seem black friends Nathan Kosh, good morning, wheels down, Nathan Cosh. For those that may or may not know, let me introduce you because the unlikely vent unlikely people are tuning in after all these years, and go well, Nathan Cod. It's a long weekend, so there might be a new listener. True, and we love every new listener and the old one. Nathan Kosh is highly regarded quotas captain by his friend's colleagues and passengers.
Speaker 5: I hope so.
Speaker 4: And he is also a vet, which is really handy when he comes in here. So if you have a sick animal across this Queen Kingsburg, see you do that King's Birthday, long weekend.
Speaker 5: Speaking how many years, many many many years it was Queen's birthday My entire life, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Pretty much, yes, your entire life. We've not known any other version. It was always funny when Mum and Dad would talk about the King King. Yes, thought, oh that's a little weird.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's like back of the old day, back and now and now it's back in the new days.
Speaker 4: It is so, Nathan, if you'd like to join us, anything you'd like to raise on the program one, double, three, six nine three, Any Carlton supporters if you would like to join us as well, it'd be more than welcome.
Speaker 5: I'll come back after one.
Speaker 4: Then little Blake. The son in law is Sean, and Sean's a passionate Carlton person in w A. And so there's this, there's this fight between Shawn and me as to whether or not she can Mary from Melbourne. And I think at this stage was Melbourne for a long time because I just singing it's a grand old flag.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think she may have gone back to calviin Oh.
Speaker 4: No, because I'm not there enough yes to force to force.
Speaker 5: Isn't it funny? How you know we have our allegiances to our footy clubs and then something comes along, perhaps with our kids, and they change, or you know, you get differences in families and it causes all sorts of fun and games. And yes, it's it's interesting because well, my son when he was younger, I'm it's called a supporter, long suffering. I mean that goes without saying, and he or some cousins of mine were very passionate Essendon supporters and they took him to the football when he was young. It took him a few times and he said to my ex you know, he came and said would dad be upset ify? And so I was told this and she said, look, I think he might be, so maybe not. But I was doing some stuff with the club at the time, and Grant Thomas was the coach at the time, and I was going in there for a meeting. He said, oh, I have you've got any kids, you know, come bring them along. And I said, you know what, this could work out really well because my son, you know, he has been indoctrinated by his cousins because he's been going to Essendon games and things, and I think it'd be really good. So he said bring him in. Anyway, So at this meeting there's the assistant coaches and Grant Thomas, and Grant says, well, come on, we'll go down there training there we are sitting inside at Morabinoval sitting inside the ground, and said come in. We go into the dressing room afterwards and introduced him to Nick Revolt and Robert Harvey and Steven Milne and Justin Kozitski and all of the greats. And then I moved him straight into the Saint's shop next door, decked him out from head to toe ins and killed the gear welded on. That's it. And I said to him he last year for his twenty fifth birthday. Now, I said, son, I'm going to give you a birthday present that money can't buy.
Speaker 4: And he said that's that dad premish.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, well no, And I said I will give you permission to change teams going they're not traveling too well. And he looked at I knew what the answer was going to be, and he looked at me and he said, I can't. I can't do it, And I thought, you're done. Like the rest of us.
Speaker 4: It must have been really difficult for the great suffering so South Melbourne footy clubs, Yes, to lose their team or the great Fitzroy football game when you think about it now, and they still continue to barick four albeit rebranded. Yes, and those great teams that people may have supported, saying South Australia forever and in Western Australia forever, yep. Then you get the things on the West Coast Eagles or the crows Port Adelaide and so on. I mean it's that change in context. I guess of the team that you may have followed as a child. Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, and then you know the things that the clubs have gone through, even in my memory. And you know Hawthorne wasn't that Hawthorne and Melbourne we're going to be merged at one point.
Speaker 4: They were and Joe Goodknick.
Speaker 5: Joe Goodnick came along and tip some money into Melbourne Football Club and it's sort of saved all of that. And I guess it evolves. The game does evolve. And now the challenge to evolve. Yeah, and the current chapter of course is the Tazzy Devils and it's not going to have anything to do with the team, but it's all about the stadium. And you know, whether the Tazzi government's got a billion dollars to build a stadium with a roof, because that's part of the deal. They have to put a roof on otherwise it ain't going to happen. So there's all these people now that have giving their heart and soul to try and get this club set up, and it could all come to nowt if well, there's going to be an election in Tasmania and if the opposition gets in it maybe all over red Rover. But even if the current government gets back, they just may not have the money to do it. Billion bucks. I believe their annual budget is ten billion a year, so billion dollars really is ten percent of their annual budget.
Speaker 4: Really surprised to hear. I'm not surprised to hear. I was interested to hear. The great Man Eddie was talking about the Collingwood football club and what a cost to put a team on the ground these days. Yeah, and I think, and I hope I haven't misquoted. I think he said just to get that team up each and every year for Collingwood eighty million dollars.
Speaker 5: Well they save a lot on dentistry though, don't they.
Speaker 4: The big news of course his King's Birthday.
Speaker 5: You're not going to Scott, you know, but they say that the well actually that the inventor of the toothbrush was the colleingleand support.
Speaker 4: Scott Morris because they said if it.
Speaker 5: Was from any other team, it would have been called a teeth brush.
Speaker 4: The it's dreadful Scott Morrison has blanket vaccine mandates, school closures during the pandemic defended the creation of the National Cabinet back big spending measures rocketed out the other side of COVID. Yes, yes, yes, anyway, so he's now ac it's got Morris to ac.
Speaker 5: Well, therein lies another question. I mean I'm not sure. Well, perhaps our listeners can add their opinions. Do you think that politicians should get these sort of gongs because this is their job? To me, those sorts of accolades are for people that go over and above and it's not just what they do for their job. So you know what, every polygue just gets a gone when they retire. I mean they get a lovely golden handshake of course when they leave the Parliament, and they won't have to pay their big super tax because they get exempt like various other people. And you, with your three million dollars in super you're going to be struggling, Tony. I know that, but won't be easy. Won't be won't be easy. But it's just I don't know. I'm just not so sure about Polly's getting all these accolades.
Speaker 4: Philip Adams Yes, e Straordan contribution, according to the Australian Today, has been recognized the appointment of Order of Australia General Division Eminent serves to broadcast media, to journalism, the arts, cultural leadership and to the community over many many years. Yes, correct, So look at those as we go through the morning together. If you would like to join in, we'd love to hear from you. One double one, double three six nine three is our telephone number. I'm Tony McManus. It is Australia Overnight. Nathan Kosh is here. Your call straight after this and it's a big welcome to everybody through five double A and adelaide the ACE radio and it work. It's three o W here in Melbourne. I think six p our listeners join us a little later on the morning. Nathan Kosh is here. Cond is captain extraordinary and if you need some veterany advice, now would be the time to ring through one double three six nine three. In Mooney Ponds now there's a name, the Great Moody Ponds are Thomas Sina.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning Tony, and good morning Nathan.
Speaker 5: Hello Thomasina. How are you this morning?
Speaker 7: I'm very well seen from cold as we all are.
Speaker 6: Cold, but I don't mind the rain, so this is a good thing.
Speaker 5: Oh desperately.
Speaker 6: Indeed, Nathan, I have two questions. Yes, one is related to the cat. Yes, I believe there's a pheromone plugging.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, this question.
Speaker 5: No, that's all right. It's called Philly Way and it is a pheromone, so it's a hormone or inhaled hormone that it does help to settle them down and calm them down. And you plug it into the wall, just like one of those air freshnary kind of things. And we can't smell it, but they can, and it can just help if they're a bit stressed. It can help to calm them down a little bit. There's in the States, they have a whole bunch of different versions and they're starting to be released here. There's a second one called Feely Way Friends, and it's specifically designed sort of from multi cat households. If there's a bit of argie bargie happening between the cats in the multi cat household gibargie. Yes, feel Away Friends, but the normal feel a Way is just to help settle them down, because it just makes them feel a little bit more relaxed.
Speaker 6: And is there anything that you can actually, like, you can put on your hands. Yes, And so when you're actually stroking them. It's also going on to their coat.
Speaker 5: Look, there is a spray as well, and they say not to put it directly on them, and because cats particularly do the grooming and so they'll lick it off. Not that it's harmful, but it's just better not to. So you can put it in their bedding. You can spray it on their bedding with dogs as an equivalent product called adaptyl, and you can get it. Maybe your cat will tolerate it. Just tie lit bandana around its neck and just spray some of it in the in the bandanna. Or there's the collars as well, and I think they've got the collars here and then you just put the collar on in that way they just get a little a little dose of it just all the time, and it can just help it. Look, it's not going to turn a you know, a whirling dervish into a placid lap cat, but it can well help just to take the edge off them a little bit.
Speaker 6: I think I think that's what she needs so well.
Speaker 5: And look it's available from pet shops, so it's not something you need prescription. So I think it's worth a try. And you know, we suggest it all the time. When we've got cats and dogs with some you know, stress issues, behavioral issues. Because it's one of those things you know, it can't hurt to use it. It's very simple, it's very straightforward, it's very safe, and that just might help to make the difference and just take the edge off for a bit.
Speaker 6: Good. I think she's she definitely needs it as she's getting older.
Speaker 5: And it takes time to work. It's not an instant you success. It's going to take a few weeks before you notice a change.
Speaker 4: Did you have another quickie Tomas sooner?
Speaker 6: I do? Actually, Nathan, you said you once owned a horse. Yes, Do you still ride?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: I don't. When I was at during my uni years, I started learning to ride and then I ended up buying a horse and he was a massive seventeen to two hands Thoroughbred, a slow race horse he was and had him for a few years and then when I was in final year vet, I just didn't have the time to do him justice and to ride, so I sold him on. And I think I've been on a horse once since. Went up to the Bulow River station in the Northern Territory and we went on a bit of a horse ride, but that's about it. And I think now my bones probably wouldn't cope with riding a horse because I don't want to come off and bust anything fair enough to but it was. It was great fun and he was terrific. But I ended up the truck with owning a horse. Is that whether you ride them or whether you don't, they still cost you because you've got to feed them, ais them, farriers, vets, rugs, whatever else. So you're forever forking out money. And as a student, I was working weekends in order to save up money to look after him, and which meant that I just didn't have the time to actually ride him. So it sort of defeated the purpose a bit, and I sold him, and I thought, well what am I going to do for a hobby? So I started learning to fly and the rest of history.
Speaker 4: Thomas sooner you kicked it off beautifully for us. Now I'm just looking at matha Gardeners. Yes book, Yes, cats comes under Sea Cats.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's good, which makes it easy to find, very handy for you and.
Speaker 4: Martha in the day. If you're troubled by a visitation of cats, yes, what would that be a visitation of cats? Cats?
Speaker 5: Visiting, like strange cats jumping over your fence and things like that.
Speaker 4: I can keep them away from your favorite plants by sprinkling a little kerosene or claddy ammonia on a cloth, leaving it on the spot. There you go. For some reason catchtone like orange peel, so leave it around the cut edge facing upwards.
Speaker 5: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 4: From Arthur all those years ago. Yes, in a fantastic speaking of horse riding, you may or may not remember from the great three x Y all those years ago. It was a great friend and announcer mic O Lachlan.
Speaker 5: Yes, I know the name who worked at x Y.
Speaker 4: I worked five ad in Adelaide for a long time. For Adelaide listeners would remember the great mic O Lachlan and recently, up until recently was hosting a talk program in right around Tasmania. Great bloke and Michael took me horse riding for the first time. This is Circer eighty four eighty five, the morning before the day before I was due to fly out overseas for the first time in history. Could not walk for three days, walking around Paris and London for three days because that horse ride. He was agonizingly painful. Nobody told me how difficult that can be.
Speaker 5: Things get stretched that you don't realize that you have.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Ross in North Coulfield.
Speaker 10: Morning, Good morning, Tony, Nathan, Hello us. I remember Mike Ilchlan. He used to do the seven.
Speaker 11: O'clock so on.
Speaker 4: The did the great mic O Lachlan. They called him super In Adelaide he was known as super Jock. Not so much a three x Y. I don't la him super Joe, but certainly a three x y.
Speaker 11: He was melour.
Speaker 4: Did you call himself super Joe?
Speaker 12: I think he might have.
Speaker 4: He was a great music presenter. There was none better than mic O Lachlan when he was on fire.
Speaker 10: Oh very good. I've got a question. I've got a I've got a seven months old labrador and at the park another dog had bit his ear and he went he didn't realize that he was bleeding. Yep, he's losing lots of blood. So I got a steptic gell. Yep, after I've washed it and put it on, and I'm just wondering, does that sort of hold that steptic jell? Let's stop the bleeding permanently and just leave it on for a few days or should I wash it off and change it or would you suggest, yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I think you're better off once the bleeding stopped, then what you need is a disinfectant, so use something like a better Deane or Savlon, and I would put it on the wounds. One of the problems with dog bites is that bite wounds mouths are full of bacteria and when they bite, they're very prone to becoming infected. So the important thing is that now that the bleeding is stopped, and that should stop pretty quickly, which sounds like it already has. Now the important thing is to make sure that it does and get infected. So yeah, as I say, put something on detol can be a bit stingy, but certainly better den or hibitating the red stuff or savlon is good. The thing you've got to watch with ears and ears do bleed a lot because it's part of their heat exchange mechanism. So as we perspire, then dogs will pant and cats will pant. And also there's a big blood flow in the ears and that acts as a bit of a radiator as well, and sometimes what can happen is that you get one of the big blood vessels rupturing in the ear, and because there's not much pressure inside the ear, it can actually blow up and make the ear quite fat. And if it does that and you do nothing about it, as the clot sort of settles down and gets reabsorbed and forms the scar, it will contract and that scar will deform the ear. And what you get is what in the humans like happen with boxes and things, is a couliflower ear because it's all bent up and twisted up. So if it looks like that he is getting fat, then you might need to take him to the vet and they probably need to anesthetize him, and there's all different things you can do, but you need to keep the ear flat. But if it's just the bleeding and the bleeding stuff, that's fine. Now get into the disinfectant and if you notice if it looks a bit pussy, or if it looks a bit gunky, or if the ear looks like it's swelling up, then I'd get your dog to the vet.
Speaker 10: Okay, is it just a normal better day.
Speaker 5: Yes, you can use the cream or you can use the liquid, but yeah, just normal better Dean is fine.
Speaker 10: Okay, really appreciate your thought.
Speaker 5: Pleasure, Russ pleasure to welcome.
Speaker 4: Lots of text coming in as well. Get there, Heavy rain cell. This is from j C, who sends a lot of messages about fire and rain.
Speaker 5: I've seen fire, I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end.
Speaker 4: As smooth as silk. A pleasure to listen to you both. Thank you very much for that, Rod. J C says heavy rain cell about to hit Melbourne soon. You can see it the rain radar. Jo C, thanks for that.
Speaker 5: Jonathan, you beck down good friend of the program.
Speaker 4: He is very much so we will do this when we come back. Plenty of time for your calls. Come and join us. It is Australia overnight. It is the King's Birthday edition one double three six nine three. Come and join us. Nice every company wherever you are right across Australia. It is a Monday morning. It is the King's Birthday Monday morning. If you'd like to join us, you might be staying up late. You might be a first time list of first time caller. You can jump on board as well. We'd love to talk to you. One double three six nine three. Nathan Kosh, for those that don't know, is a Contus captain. So anything if you have a question. With regards to aviation, there is no phoner, And if you happen to have a sick animal in your life, Nathan can be here to help you. And it's all free, free veterinary advice. Will just stay over here together.
Speaker 5: Just don't tell anyone, all right, David, good morning, be on the black you will.
Speaker 11: Hello David, Nathan. How are you both?
Speaker 4: Very well? David?
Speaker 5: How are you traveling on this King's birthday?
Speaker 11: Well? I rang up to say you too. I nominated you both for and honor.
Speaker 5: I'm not disappointed why we didn't get it.
Speaker 11: He didn't get anything, So I'm real you know what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, as you should be. Maybe we need to start a petition or something.
Speaker 13: I'll just keep putting it in guys.
Speaker 4: Ok, it's very sweet. We don't need the accreditation now, we're just happy, happy in the service, you know. Yes?
Speaker 11: No, Well, if they can give to both sides of politics those gongs, I think you guys will be entitled to it.
Speaker 5: Thank you. So what's your thought? You know? My thinking is that, I mean politicians go in and that's their job. Should we give them all these honors and things for doing what they're meant to be doing to me. Those sort of awards are for over and above and that. You know the people that do all sorts of other things in the community. I guess they do too, but it's really their jobs. So why do we give them all these accolades for doing what we pay them to do? Are there any politicians listening to give us a call.
Speaker 4: For politicians?
Speaker 5: Sorry, David interrupted.
Speaker 11: I said, I think it's jobs for the boys. You know, you're staying here for so long, we'll give you all gong. Well, I reckon the next one that's going to get it is done, and he doesn't need you to possibly get one in about eighteen months.
Speaker 5: I dare say that's just what they do. They have to sort of disappear off the radar for a little while and then all of a sudden they get given something.
Speaker 11: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So anyway, that's system you did.
Speaker 11: Sorry, Nathan, I interrupted you, Tony. I see you did get my reports brother from the car racing.
Speaker 4: Yes, all you did for what happened in w A over the weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I didn't go because she who Bay said.
Speaker 4: No no money, honey.
Speaker 11: New the computer said, now mhm or a gross.
Speaker 4: Gill and let's thank you for joining us.
Speaker 14: Hello, Hi Tony, Hi Nathan, thank you for taking my call pleasure. I've got a i'd say, fifteen sixteen month old male, entire golden retriever who is doing my head in. He has chewed the living crap out of my couch, which I cleaned up today. I bought him a Queen Sizes mattress, which he has already started to chew.
Speaker 15: Admittedly, I don't work him.
Speaker 14: Because by the time I'm on my own, so by the time I get home, I haven't got.
Speaker 7: Time to walk him.
Speaker 14: He is chewing everything.
Speaker 5: What can I do now? My first question to you is why are you keeping him entire? Are you going to breed with him?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 14: No, no, I'm a single home person. I've just had my female multi shit seed do sex because cost me nearly six hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm just.
Speaker 14: About paid that off. So when that's paid off, he's going to get done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Good because it's although you know, I would never say to people, look at get your animal neuted, and it's going to turn him into a placid lap dog. That's that's not going to happen.
Speaker 14: A breed I break, I break guden retreats for fifteen years.
Speaker 5: But but yeah, if he's if you're not going to breed with him, definitely new to him on medical grounds as much as anything else is testicular cancers and prostrate problems and things that they don't get if they're if they're newted. But I suspect that what's going on with him is that, you know, because you're working and because you don't have time to walk him, he's getting bored, and so he's starting to get destructive and then he's just chewing in appropriately. If I had him a big button, he's.
Speaker 14: Been doing it since I got him, Like he's got a he's got a multi shitsue partner that lives in the backyard with him.
Speaker 5: Yep, my god. Yeah, have you got have you got some like a food releasing toys that you can give him when the toys like the cong you know, kongs and things where your stuff them with food and that keeps them occupied as the food is slowly being released. Those sorts of get some of those, and there's a million of them around and they're not terribly expensive. Some of them will dispense a wet food, some of them will dispense dry food, and they there's sort of games and things, some of them where they have to tap this to open that, and you know, they get one little bit of dry food or other things with it looks.
Speaker 14: Like a plate, but he has to move a certain over to open something.
Speaker 5: There's there's all different kinds. Have a look around. But I think if you can do that and you know, put put some food and whatever into those toys, that will keep him occupied for a fair amount of the day and hopefully it'll take his mind off of having to chew. Often these things and it's not because their mouths are sore or their teething or that type of thing, but it's what we call the displacement behavior. So he's stressed about something and the way that he shows it is by chewing, because that gives him the release, even though you know, the energy release, even though it's got nothing to do with what's actually causing his anxiety or in the first place. Now it might be if none of those things work, you need to have a chat to your vet and he may need some sort of anti anxiety medication. And even if he doesn't strike you as being nervous, sometimes that sort of behavior is a form of anxiety, and then by giving him something that'll just take the edge off him, maybe he's not going to be chewing so much. So I'd try the food releasing toys and as I say, there's a heap of them, and then see how you go with that. If that's not helping them, you might need to get to the vet and have a chat about some medication just to settle him down, just to take the anxiety away.
Speaker 4: And hope that helps a little bit. In Nord, Hello is so Bell, Good morning to you.
Speaker 16: Good morning, tea mate, Good morning Nathan, my favorite, two beautiful guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you. You should get out more. But yes, thank you very much. We'll take it.
Speaker 17: I wanted to talk about riding a horse.
Speaker 16: I rode a horse in FG back in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 18: Right, I was sixteen years old.
Speaker 16: And I was riding this horse.
Speaker 19: No at all.
Speaker 20: Yes, on the beach, no, no, it was we went to a waterfall, yes, And I had.
Speaker 16: A bikinis on and that was all I had on.
Speaker 13: Well, it was the best.
Speaker 16: I loved it. Well, yes, can you believe that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of those resorts and things in islands, and just to be able to ride, ride bareback, or ride along the beach. It's it's quite fun, isn't it. And the horses, of course, they have placid horses, so they're not going to take off and.
Speaker 16: They're beautiful, but but they we were galloping along the road after we'd gone to the waterfall. It was like a complete galloping thing.
Speaker 5: Yes, which when you're not when you haven't got a saddle, can be a bit.
Speaker 4: Exciting, a little a little bit sore.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, yes.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Isabelle, have you ever been to Cable Beach, a little place called Broom in w A.
Speaker 16: No, I haven't hadn't. I want to go to w A. I really want.
Speaker 5: To go there there and I lived in Broom for six months.
Speaker 4: Ride the camels.
Speaker 5: I did do a camel ride, a camel ride on the sunset. They have a string of camels and Thermoe dromedaries. Yes, not a battery and camel of course, because a dromedary has one hump, and that's what ours have, and the battery and camels have two humps. And then if you there's camels with no humps and their name is Humphrey, I like that's the one we're sixty years old, like that's right. Yes, and he still he still couldn't put on a pair of pants for the occasion. Candless pantless, yes, but yes, the riding the camels at the Cable Beach and I did a little bit of locoming at the ved clinic up there, and then I got the we got the call and they said, oh, you've got to go out to wherever and have a look at one of the camels. And I'm thinking, oh my god, what do I know about blooming camels? We are talking with the owner. They knew pretty much what was going on, so I was just there to give them a hand. But yeah, there's they're interesting critters and they're they're not the nicest things generally. They spit, they carry on and get a bit ta.
Speaker 16: I had alarm splicit in Thelaidzoo.
Speaker 8: Many many years.
Speaker 5: Our pack is Lama's camels. All if they're pretty good at all of that.
Speaker 16: They do all little things.
Speaker 5: Yes, Indeed, you guys are beautiful.
Speaker 13: I love you, by thank you.
Speaker 5: A great place, beautiful beach, just stunning. It's you know, because you get of course in w A, which we don't get on the East coast. The sunsets and when they're if they're doing their burning off and there's a lot of particles in the air, the red the glow of the sunsets is absolutely spectacle.
Speaker 4: It's very very special part of beautiful world. When we do this will come back. Are your calls if you'd like to join in one double three six nine three for Australia every night. There's a great name. Greta Bradman and now Greta Bradman a m am citation for Melbourne based Breadman these days. Her significant service to performing arts, a range of roles and to psychology.
Speaker 5: I didn't know she was a psychology.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So she's quoted in the pav today and the OS saying Grandpa, really, don't you love that?
Speaker 5: Grandpa?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir Donald Bladman, Grandpa really instilled in me, my dad and the whole family a sense of Hey, fame is complete, not a BS yes, which is lovely. Yeah, it's not something to you either go after or think about just because you happen to be good at one thing, and its story goes on. As a talented child singer, talented, incredible, Yes, veered away from music mental health struggles sadly before returning to record and perform at the highest level and then sidesteping a career into a psychologist as a psychologist more than her fair share of self doubt. Many of us have had self doubt. Of course, we have Dory morning mel Hi.
Speaker 21: Oh, that lady with the golden the trees. Yes, First of all, I think she paid too much to get multis. She's a D six. Normally it's about one hundred and fifty to two hundred. She paid six hundred.
Speaker 5: Yeah for a female. And I don't know, and I can't pass comment because I don't know where it may have been a complicated desexing or whatever.
Speaker 21: So yeah, with the chewing. If it's only a puppy, you know, that's what dogs do. But it needs a dog that size needs to walk the day. Now, whether she gets someone a puppy walk or someone like that. I mean, my daughter walks puppy dogs and she's twenty bucks an hour and she's run off her feet. And also there's a it's a thing called bully sticks and they're like a resin type sticky bite. The pet shops, you know, the food outlets for dogs. The dog's entertainment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's the sort of thing and we were talking about that. I think funding is a bit tight, so I don't know if she'd be able to afford to get a puppy walker. But I think at the moment that's part of the problem, that the dog's inside and her circumstance does not allow her to walk the dog as much as she would like. It's got to be other ways, and I think, yeah, the food distracting things, and as you say, those sticks are anything like that, that's just going to keep the dog occupied for a while and keep it away from chewing on things that we don't want them to chew. And if it's there and there's no one to say no to it during the day, then it's just going to go on its merry way. But I wonder too whether, as I said, whether it's a manifestation of an anxiety or some other stress. And so maybe it might come down to some anti anxiety medication just to help to take, not to tranquilize it, but just to settle it down. But anyway, we will get a report as we as we go along, and keep listening, mel and if you can add some suggestions and everything too. They're always gratefully appreciated because a lot of our listeners have had animals or issues the same and if you can share your experience, and that's fantastic.
Speaker 4: It's really tricky, yeah, thank you, Melt. It's really tricky when people have a dog for exacts. I mean, I gush. They all need to be.
Speaker 5: Walked, well they should be, and some look some more than others. But yeah, they like the stimulation of being out there and also the exercise they are bred for running around, of course to various levels. And a Golden Retriever is a retriever. They would go out there and retrieve ducks that had been shot or that type of thing. Labrador retrievers same. So yeah, it's about keeping them amused and occupied and letting them run. And that's why when I see people say you have dogs like Kelpies or blue heelers in town, you really do need to know to keep them exercised and occupied. And friend of mine has two heelers and they're fantastic because they're very active people and they go out and take it, take them for walks and runs and things, and they get plenty of stimulation and plenty of exercise. But you know, you've got to try what you do as best you can, of course, but if the dog's telling you that something's wrong because it's starting to chew crazily, then I think, yeah, we need to try and help if we can.
Speaker 4: One of our senior producers of Dennis's program here on three o. W.
Speaker 5: Taylor is a dog dog walker. Yes, she loves it, yes, and she has She tells me story. She has all these dogs that she just walks at the same time with handfuls of leads, And I think, don't they carry on and don't they cause grief with each other? And know she's very strict and they get sin bind if they cause any problems, and they can get suspended or they can even be expelled. So yeah, she runs a tight ship. But all of these dogs get on and she takes them out for walks, so they have a ball same way that she manages Daist pretty much, it's exactly the same.
Speaker 4: It takes him for a bit of a walk before he goes on here at eight o'clock, Simon, what do you got for this morning, oh.
Speaker 22: Yester morning Tony in Yeah, my mom was the one day one more brother and better hand or yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, Look, sometimes the and I've heard stories sometimes the sledding dogs because they're not bred for person, you know, for being pets. They're bread for pulling sled's working dogs, and so their temperament isn't quite the same as a Golden Retriever or a little Maltese or something like that, and so we can find that they can get that way. And friends of mine many years ago had a husky, and I've heard similar stories for no good reason, all of a sudden just started to get quite savage, and unfortunately they had to remove the dog because they had little little children. But they can turn. And that's why I always say you never ever leave, you know, dogs with children unsupervised, because you just don't know. They're not robots and something might happen, or they might just the child might cause some sort of issue that triggers the dog and they can end up badly. So yeah, it's not unheard simon. For well, if dogs aren't socialized, or if they have that temperament, they can be quite aggressive. So you always have to be careful and always when you're approaching strange dogs and things, even dogs that are tied up outside the supermarket that type of thing. If you want to give them a pat, you know, always make sure you wait for the owner and just see if it's okay to pat the dog, because you would hope if it's tied up outside the supermarket it should be friendly. However, not always zero four doubles seven six nine three six nine three four a message.
Speaker 4: You can do that as well. Zero four double seven six nine three six nine three And for emails which have a really good look at later on today it's overnights at three aw dot com dot are you for those that are waiting you study will come to you straight after the news. Nathan Cosh is here. I'm Tony McManus. If you'd like to jump on board, don't leave us here by ourselves either side there you can call through now. We'll get you on asap. One double three six nine three. Keep the text line open as well as zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. We're gonna go and make a kappa. You do the same and we'll street it. See you straight after the news.
Speaker 3: We like.
Speaker 23: Now this is Australia Urban Eyed with Tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Please where's.
Speaker 4: And we did like to think of you two You and I went snuck up. We made a cap of tea and we rated the Cavity chocolate, who was very very kind and said that we'll try one of these. You just didn't tell me. It's a really hard pece of chocolate. Yes, I'm bitten him on the front teeth. And I thought, oh, did you hear it? Snap?
Speaker 5: I heard I'd not tooth, but I heard the I heard the chocolate. Snap. Give us a smile, Tony. I think I think it's okay, it's all right, but at one stage you've done a tooth tooth.
Speaker 4: Yes, come and join us one, double, three, six nine three. Lots of texts coming in. People are saying it remind us great Australian songs from the Star Rosty Wiley, Yes, which I think was another one written by Johnny Young. Okay, sure he wrote. That's stand to be corrected, but I'm sure he did. Speak to the Sky by Rick Springfield and the one that you speaked up from Johnny and East Victoria Park, who reminds us somewhere over the Rainbow. Yes, remember that wonderful version by Israel Kami Kowalski.
Speaker 5: Not close, You've got the you got the beginning a wonderful Hawaii It's lovely version. Apparently he just went in, did one take and that was it and and it's been really subsequently. So some of the words are a bit skew if but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It's still worked. Alison, Hi, say hello to the one and only Nathan Coosh or don't Yeah, well hello James, you know, hello to you, James, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 24: And Nathan the swringing An's sting article on the Sun UK website online. Right, I had a crazy plane lady who was recorded having midair mountdown on American airlines a couple of years ago. Right, she was, she's launched an exclusive hunting account right now. In your years in the industry, is that a regular parents or.
Speaker 7: No, look happen over here.
Speaker 5: Look, there have been there have been instances of people sort of losing it on aeroplanes. And we had probably a year or two ago, someone on a flight back from Bali that was having some issues and ended up needing some restraint and assistance really for the whole flight because they just, you know, really really lost it. So with you know, millions of people in the air at any one time, then you know there's there's always a possibility of someone whether they've got mental health issues, whether they're affected by drugs or the like, can certainly cause some problems on board aircraft because you're locked up in a little tin. Can really that Sometimes a little bit of claustrophobia can also cause stress for people on an aircraft. But look, ninety nine point nine percent of people are a fine. You just get the occasional one, and of course they make the news, so you think, oh, is this something that happens all the time, But it certainly doesn't. Definitely not.
Speaker 24: Also in America, I have armed security guards.
Speaker 5: Look, there are air marshals on some flights, and you know we we have them. They have them, and they are undercover and they're just randomly placed on flights and sometimes they they will be there and they are trained not to react because sometimes these things, let's say I'm hypothetically someone was carrying on and then they decided to show themselves that that person might be a decoy and there might be other people there as well. So they keep a very low profile until it's a situation that they judge and they decide and they might have to do something, do something about.
Speaker 24: Yeah, because I'm freshly oid incident or in Adelaide on the public train. It's a regular occurrent with crazy people. And there was one a week or two back on the Secret line, right, and I thought it was going to get out of band anyway. The security go just ignored him, just kept near him. Yes, and then when he got off. It's not worth it. You just let them do whatever they want you, to know, because the more you try and stop them, yes, and he mentioned the Vondai jation. Yeah, it's not worth it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's the thing, and you know, you have to use your judgment. If you escalate things quickly, then you don't know which way it's going to go. And there can be some issues with people with different things going on. So yeah, certainly they just have to play it by year and on that situation, just do what they think is the best thing that's going to help keep it diffused, as.
Speaker 4: You would, James, thank you for that. Hello, Well listen, we gotcha.
Speaker 8: Excellent Hello, right, So keep it quick. I've found up about my cat before I got it, when she was one year old and she was a trauma cat, so yes, adopted her. She's six years old. Now she has these psychotic events normally two a year. She's on talks the Teine. Yes that coming care of sache yep. But she had a psychotic event about four weeks ago and now and then two weeks ago she had another one. And now tonight she was really good, she was settling down, she was fine, But all of a sudden, tonight she's gone off again and she hisses, she spits, she attacks me, and I don't know what to do. I don't know if it's tummy trouble. Then yesterday I thought she hadn't done a pea or a poo, but I checked it and she did today. And it's like she's terrified of something, but I don't know what to do it. She got a little brain shamer. If she's sick, yeah, well I don't know.
Speaker 5: Look, it's hard to know. And if the flux A team, which is the chemical name of prozac, if it's been helping, that's great, they might. I think it's going to be something given. And it's that level of issue I think, you know, heading back to your vet and going through all the options. And then there are the veterinary behavior specialists out there and they often will work through teams calls or zoom calls, and so you can have access to the best people in the country. And if these things are getting more frequent, these episodes, and what we what we would always do is before we label something as a behavioral problem, we would always try and rule out any physical issue. So if you can get it back to the VET, get them to do a good check over, maybe some blood tests, all of that sort of thing, and if everything comes up as being normal, then, as I say, if it's reached the end of your vet's ability to deal with the behavioral issue, get them to refer you to one of the veterory behaviorists and you know, have a good talk with them and they will hopefully be able to provide you with some sort of training, advice and probably a different medication as well. But it's a very specialized area and all of the different things that they use are generally not compounds that we would use. But there might, you know, you might need to switch medications that sort of thing. So I think Allison, you're probably better off to head back to your vet and discuss it in depth.
Speaker 4: Well done you, Allison, Thank you for being part of the program. A very important text here that says, any suggestions on how to stop my blue Healer from barking while in the car, well, we highly recommend that if you are training your dog that you don't do it from inside the car. It's best to do it and train and support the dog when you're not in the car. Yes.
Speaker 5: But the other thing is get it used to the car and sometimes yeah, I went straight over. I know what you mean. I chose to ignore it.
Speaker 4: It's a funny text says it is it has not the blue Hill of barking wall in the car. Well, no, don't do it from in car. Do it from outside the car.
Speaker 5: Yes, but often that you know, dogs, because they're out and about and because they're seeing the world. I'm just going to keep going, they'll they react because there's all sorts of things going on. So yeah, you don't see. What Tony is saying is don't leave the dog in the car while you're outside the car trying to train it.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: So you need to be in the car with the dog when you try and train it. So the thing to do would be just to sit in the car in the driveway with the door open and just keep your dog entertained and you know, play a game and distract it and do all of that sort of thing, and then close the door and then maybe start the engine and over a period of time all of this and then just sort of up and down the driveway. So the aim is to desensitize your dog so it doesn't get so reactive when it goes out when it goes out in the car. So it's really a matter of over a period of time, little bits, little little times in the car and reward your dog for remaining calm and being calm, and don't just sort of take it out for a big drive because then obviously it's going to get reactive and carry on. So just try and you sit with your dog in the car in the driveway and then gradually build it up as it gets used to the car and stops reacting and barking.
Speaker 4: There you go with that, Tony Mac and Nathan didn't get to hear the verdict on the AI segment you originally spoke about with Nathan a few weeks ago. Remember that one. Please get back to us, Jenny with I knew blokey as well, cute and very smart Go Blues glad here's founding a whole lot better. Jenny. That's very kind of you. Tony and Nathan follow Essington in AFL, Port Melbourne in VFL. What's only in grassroots footy VFL has changed. I can't follow is and because Port Melbourne has always been my your team goes on VFL has changed a great deal MAKESI thank you it has, Yes.
Speaker 25: Nathan, I've been using the adaptual natural pheromone yep for the dog a neck band purchased in Queensland and delivered sixty bucks yep as opposed to one hundred.
Speaker 5: So you do need to shop, you know, have a look around online for these things because the prices can vary. And yeah, it is a natural product and last about a month, and yeah, give it a give it a go.
Speaker 4: Let me, Liz David, you're next on Australia Overnight. We are blessed with some very funny, clever people that are really cool but will often text yes, and so they remind us of things that we have not heard for a long time, like always thought that camel with no humps was simply called alice. Yes, alice, that camil has no humps.
Speaker 5: Okay, it wasn't part of my child I think it was.
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 4: Part of going to say, play school. But really it might be one of those one of those songs that they someone will tell us, yeah somebody from where did that little jingle come from? Alice the Camel had no humpsh wonderuble three six nine three in Israel? David, you know, the wonderful Nathan Nathan. David David Nathan.
Speaker 5: We've only known for fifty sixty years. No, not sixty, but fifty fifty.
Speaker 7: Fifty yep, yeah, fifty years. And I have to say that Alice Kamil had no humps, had no partner repertoire munty Bison in the back of the map plaf did it need no never, no, no, I mean it didn't come up there with now a mass such from the Swedish Prime minister all of.
Speaker 5: Those yes, indeed, yeah, that's right, and now a message from the Swedish Prime minister.
Speaker 7: Eighty five year old gentleman. See, you didn't really want a message from him, did you. No, that's not there. When you say the US martials that are undercovered, do they have an umbrella in the plane.
Speaker 5: Well clearly, I mean if you're going to be under cover, you have to do it properly. Oh they carry a newspaper and put it over their heads a lah Rocky horror picture show or Rocky horror show, Yes.
Speaker 7: Yes, or or something out of gets Smart with Agent thirteen in the.
Speaker 5: Yes, in the rubbish spin or wherever.
Speaker 7: The overhead baggage.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes he But Agent thirteen wasn't only thirteen. He was different numbers at different times. I think, wasn't he?
Speaker 7: I think he was played by a couple of acts. He was funny, though, that guy. How wonderfully you got any other part from any other show?
Speaker 5: He might have been in a cupboard somewhere, or he may well have ended up under a table somewhere in a different program. But I don't know. So Tony, did you you were a get smart?
Speaker 4: What you were? You told me very much?
Speaker 5: So so Agent thirteen. He used to pop up in all different receptacles and various.
Speaker 4: It should have been a rubbish spines or you know, in a lift or the top of it. Yes, weird. It was so cleverly written, wasn't it. Yes.
Speaker 5: Mel Brooks of course was behind it. Fantastic, brilliant mind.
Speaker 7: There is Yes, we have a new grand.
Speaker 5: Grand Now is it a two legged or a four legged grand a four legged grand.
Speaker 7: New grand dog. It is seven months old and it's a sort of a breed of a pinch of Pecanese, and it's very skin and bone and very very bony, very very timid, like you know, the other dog, a big grand dog, which is sort of a only other know shepherd and loves me. But this dog is so scared, it's scared of anything. How do we sort of socialized? How do we make it a friendly?
Speaker 5: What some people say, well, the best thing to do is to take it to the dog park and get it used to whatever. And that's the worst thing you can do because then it's going to completely spin out. So what you need to do is to just very slowly, very gently, one person at a time, even if you just sit there on the ground with a few treats and things, and you know, toss the treat to the dog and then you know, gradually a bit closer and a bit closer. And what you don't want to do is to overwhelm it, because if it is that sort of timid kind of dog, it's very easy to overdo it. And then when it does sort of have a run off and you just got to start again if it's sort of really it's continues and sometimes they're like that, you know, in a new situation because we don't know what's gone on beforehand with them. But there are some breeds that are more timid than others, definitely. But yeah, then I think, you know, a trip to the vet and might need some anti anxiety medication, as we've been talking about, something just to help relax and reduce the timidity and so that it's able to function a bit better. It can't be happy for the dog if it's that scared of everything. Just make sure also it has somewhere with it that's its safe place where nobody goes and annoys it, and it can go there and be left alone, so it knows that, you know, when it wants to sort of withdraw itself, then it can do that. Sorr Are you're broken up there, David.
Speaker 7: So when it wants to retreat and just be by itself, it's got a place to go and it can still.
Speaker 5: People exactly, So you know, you have to let it just gradually get a bit bolder, but it's got to have a place, a safe place so that if it is all a bit too much, then it can go there and you don't go in. Nobody follows that. It just goes there and can stay there until it's ready to come out again.
Speaker 7: I think part of the problem is that it's dad in inverted Commas is an eleven year old boy, probably need probably needs some a little bit of part of the problem, I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they can look kids can be a little bit boisterous, and especially they don't read the dog. And you know, obviously he wants a dog that he can cuddle and play with and rough around and that type of thing, and that's great, but if it's that timid dog, all it's going to do is to spin it out. So you need to word up your dad's You're sorry your dog's dad inverted commace that really this is a type of dog that needs to be taken very slowly. Otherwise you're just going to end up with a dog that's going to be spinning out and freaking out and very unhappy and not a good pet for you because it's just not going to be engaging.
Speaker 4: You're on your David Happy King's birthday, David King.
Speaker 7: David Thursday, so you've got, You've got Jay, you've got the King, You've got Tony. So there must be a big party.
Speaker 26: In three.
Speaker 5: Huge no expense spared.
Speaker 4: Friday the thirteenth, going along beautiful.
Speaker 5: There's a there's a whole bowl of chocolate that will no expense spared.
Speaker 4: Friday the thirtieth, David, thank you, I Melton, let me thank you for joining us.
Speaker 13: Are yours? Nathan? Then you report?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 27: Okay?
Speaker 13: Anyway a question for you, Nathan, just curiosity?
Speaker 5: Yes, I yes, okay.
Speaker 13: So what percentage the flights that you do are you in control of the aircraft? Or how many times is the pilot flying in their odience suit.
Speaker 5: We take it in turn, so we'll do fifty to fifty, So we try and you know, mix it up. One flight I will I will do the the pilot flying, and then the next one it'll be the first officer, So we chop them around. If the weather's bad, then it's us as the captains that have to do it, do the takeoffs and landings and things. If there's any sort of non normal situation, we are required to also the captains are required to land the aircraft. But we do try and split it up fifty to fifty so that the first officers get get to go at flying as well, and then that's how they're learning, learning the ropes, and so when the time comes for them to get a command, then you know, it's pretty straightforward for them hopefully.
Speaker 13: When did you fly in today?
Speaker 5: When I got into Melbourne about the lot for the second time, nine o'clock on Sunday night from Sydney.
Speaker 13: How was the approach with the weather?
Speaker 5: Yeah, low cloud, very low cloud, but yeah we were on our instrument approach and popped visual and that was all fine. So everything was good. But there's a fair bit of low cloud around Melbourne and a bit of rain around Melbourne and hopefully around Adelaide and everywhere that needs it at the moment, Western Victoria, in Southeast and South Australia. Sorry, LN.
Speaker 13: Obviously a few of the helm no problems, just normal oils approach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we use a GPS based one called a GLS but yeah, same sort of thing has its advantages and that you don't get any distortion of the beam, so it it tracks us a bit truer. But yeah, there, Tony's fascinated, but it is. Yeah, we come in and we in Melbourne and Sydney. We have gls approaches, but same sort of thing. It's just a beam that takes you right down to probably about sixty meters off the runway, and so we can we can as long as we get below the cloud then we're fine. Otherwise we have some different approaches that will get us even lower.
Speaker 4: I know, way to old. Tony love this segment because he's passionate.
Speaker 5: He loves his aeroplanes absolutely.
Speaker 4: Liz red Hill Morning, Good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Nathan.
Speaker 27: We're behavioral question.
Speaker 4: Please we love them.
Speaker 27: I have an inside dog who loves to bark, bark, bark because he needs to go to the toilet.
Speaker 28: Yes, so we go to the toilet.
Speaker 27: We have to go up and down the driveway, round, run circles, in and out upside down.
Speaker 29: Why don't they just go to the.
Speaker 5: Toilet because it's a it's a very vulnerable position for them to be in when they when they go, and so a lot of dogs will have a bit of a ritual beforehand where they scope out the territory and make sure there's no predators and things around, and so they'll do a bit of a reconnaissance before they'll allow themselves to do the business.
Speaker 4: We all do that, well, you do.
Speaker 5: I've seen you up and down pacing around. I always thought it was a prostate problem, but no, Tony's just looking around to make sure that there's you know, Simon Owens isn't looking in the background.
Speaker 4: Loop. That's right. Last Simon just comes into applaudse.
Speaker 5: And that's just that's the end of performance. That's it's done. Kills the performance, yes, but no, it's it is a natural behavior, and some more to a greater extent than others. But yeah, they will just sort of check out to make sure that it's safe for them to go.
Speaker 28: Oh it's so cold and wet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, they don't care, I know. So yeah, well can you can? You is your yard locked up? So if you just sort of let your dog out and keep an eye on it, that you don't have to go out in the elements?
Speaker 27: No, no, no, you.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you have to go we have to.
Speaker 27: Go out on the lead up and down under around.
Speaker 5: Well, the other thing that you can try is just go to the area where your dog goes and just sort of stand there so you're not chasing your dog around, and so hopefully it'll get the idea that you just got to reduce this ritual and just get on with it, especially when the weather's in clement.
Speaker 27: I'll give that a guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just go out for a walk. Don't just sort of follow the dog around, but just find a spot, stand there with the lead, and hopefully your dog will give up and just do its thing, and then we'll go back and say weld On.
Speaker 4: You were Lizzie Agent thirteen, according to a text ending five age zero Agent thirteen.
Speaker 5: Played by David Ketcham.
Speaker 4: Yes see, that appeared in many other sitcoms, including shows like the Mary Tyler Moore Show.
Speaker 5: Wow in and.
Speaker 4: He's now ninety seven.
Speaker 5: Wow you go be good to get him on the program.
Speaker 4: Dr John, thank you for that. We'll do this break when we come back, Bronnie Leah, and you'll be next to Australia Overnight. As you know, the Australia Overnight audience right across Australia is infinitely smarter than the host, which is me and me and you. And so there's a great text here that says Alison Camill was actually a song often used to teach kids how to count okay, and part of the narrative was has one hump and too, so you would learn, you know, how to count as a two three four year old right through to the a trick.
Speaker 5: We would sing that yes, yes, yeah, yeah, look year at year seven were the best three years of your life?
Speaker 9: Were?
Speaker 4: They were fantastic? Bronnie, thank you for waiting in south Ery good morning.
Speaker 28: Oh boys, look so lovely to be able to listen to him, what an interesting program. When you were talking about Johnny Young earlier, I've already said to you once that I came from Naragen, right. We had a property outside Marriagen and in nineteen sixty four I went to Perths from marriage into the Underwood Business College in Hay Street. But I also boardered with a whole lot of beautiful country girls at a property at the corner of Vincent Street. It was four forty Vincent Street, Leederville, and that was the intersection with Norwood Street, right near Lake Manga.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where you are, beautiful Lake Munger.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 28: And it was a two story house and at least a dozen country girls. We lived there somewhent to Teacher's College. I mean we had Pam O'Halleran and the best of girls from Kendon Up. We had lots of girls from different country areas which I was only one probie.
Speaker 4: What decade would this have been? Approximately nineteen sixty four would have been Beatles, Yeah, but better than that.
Speaker 28: We were out on the balcony off and on that large two story old property where it was a beautiful old property which had a ball room upstairs and it had sort of bedrooms or let off the ballroom, you know, I mean, And you went out onto a terrace at the front into Norwood Street and you can hear John and the band playing and practicing in his family guard.
Speaker 4: Oh is that right when.
Speaker 28: He first started and he was already I think playing at the.
Speaker 27: Raffles Hotel would have been, because.
Speaker 28: He would have been. But the thing is because we were younger and we weren't allowed to go there because like under eighteen of course.
Speaker 4: Well yeh yes, the very famous Raffles Hotel. I don't know how long had you been there, Bronnie, but it was updated some yeah, right, well it was updated round about I'm thinking ten maybe even maybe a bit longer and referbed and it is just right on the on the river. There a gorgeous spot, as you would know and remember, but it's a lovely place now, the old Raffles Hotel.
Speaker 28: Well, it's a landmark, person landmark and it'll always be an iconic one. Getting back to aircraft Nathan and the listeners in the mid eighties where he used to have a male model. He used to come to Melbourne and Australia a lot because he modeled clothes for either Erman Gelder Zena and I think later he modeled for Georgia Omani. His name was Harry denkerd n K E R. There's a whole story about what happened to Harry on the internet. But how lucky can you get?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 28: What happened was in his latter.
Speaker 27: Years because he used to travel everywhere.
Speaker 28: On his modeling missions and he had an accident with a plane and it turned out of course, you know, the usual story is that, and the story is, of course he would have sued the airline and did all that because after he is a model and he's got to work and he did some damage. But then on the other hand, he ended up with a squint okay, so he claimed that that affected his modeling career, even though it was an aging model. So read the story on the internet. I mean, we know this guy because he used to come to Melbourne a lot. Is a lovely guy?
Speaker 4: Was it Duncan Duncan or Harry Denker?
Speaker 28: You said ja d e n k E r r d e n k E Harry Danker. But later he changed his name and he lives in London now with his partner. But the fact of the matter is it just shows you just how easy, first of all things can happen, but how it affected his career.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I'm just I don't think if we found one, but I don't think that's the right one, because I don't think your model.
Speaker 28: Male model.
Speaker 5: Yes, we'll have to.
Speaker 4: So there's one about a male model at sues Loofturnes.
Speaker 5: Okay, eighteen.
Speaker 28: Yeah, that was a light. Yeah, that's right. But of course you've got to remember when we met him, he was only in his early mid twenty.
Speaker 5: And left him with that left him with a squint.
Speaker 28: Well, this thing's left him with the squint and totally ruined his career.
Speaker 5: Fell while boarding a jet, leaving him with facial injuries and a squint. Sued them for seven million in earnings lost since the accident. When he slipped on a wet and oily residue while walking along the air bridge in London flight at Munique Airport.
Speaker 4: And he had that according to the paper, he had that wonderful sort of what they referred to it as the sort of George Clooney style salt and pepper hair he.
Speaker 28: Did because he was German. And he had also had a lovely complexion. Yeah, but the tiny I think freckles, you know, tiny one. He was an attractive human, believe me. It's just a pity it was the other way because I think the girl.
Speaker 5: Anything wrong with that.
Speaker 4: He was closes very attractive man. Bronnie. That maybe call of the morning.
Speaker 8: So you.
Speaker 28: Can be lucky in the end, you know what I mean. Because you're getting older, you're not going to get as much work.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, product product, that's great, Well done. Leahne, good morning.
Speaker 29: Good morning, Tony, Wathon and Jay.
Speaker 5: Hello, So what's your experience with male supermodel?
Speaker 4: That's the topic.
Speaker 29: Oh, that's not the topic I'm ringing about.
Speaker 5: We tried you.
Speaker 29: Apparently you were asking Australian who write songs for international artists? Yes, well, Vander and Young wrote walking in the Rain, which Grace Jones.
Speaker 1: Saying, and did she do a version.
Speaker 29: Did they gave it to her to sing? Yeah, she did the first that well, they do a version, but hers is much better. I think she did it first, or I'm not sure anyway. Another one is Mike Chapman and Nicki Chin wrote songs for Suzi Quatto, Pat Bennett, The Sweet.
Speaker 4: Lots and Lots and Lots.
Speaker 29: Smoky Marred, Bonnie Tyler and Turner not Bonny Tyler Exile. Yes, they were very.
Speaker 4: Big, going to Kiss You all Over?
Speaker 29: Yeah, Yeah, that's the weird song that.
Speaker 16: It is very Yeah, well do we?
Speaker 5: I guess we can't really include the Begs in that as well as Australian, can we?
Speaker 30: Even though they were they were Samanta.
Speaker 5: Of course and Frank Ifield and.
Speaker 29: Well the Beg is also. I think they also assisted in writing with some of Olivia.
Speaker 5: So yes, they would have done.
Speaker 4: There was in the early days of working here and Radio Announces. We'll tell me if I've got this completely wrong. We would have to fill out a form called Opera Australian Performing Rights and fill out a sheet as.
Speaker 5: To Australian content.
Speaker 4: That's how many Australian songs you were being played. This is going back to the seventies early part of the eighties, and artists like Chapman and creators of music like Chapman were eligible for to get a tickers as part of Australian content, as were the Beg's okay, because they were still considered as Australian artists at that point.
Speaker 5: So that one more time, Brian Brian kadd yes, very much in Australian.
Speaker 29: Yeah, well, I'm not sure.
Speaker 10: I think he wrote songs for other people.
Speaker 4: Naville did a lot, did a lot in Nashville for a long time, didn't he I met him. Oh well, he remembers you.
Speaker 5: That was Frank Iffield. He remembers that's right.
Speaker 4: Different.
Speaker 29: I don't even know who that is.
Speaker 5: He did a song I remember you.
Speaker 29: Oh goodness.
Speaker 5: So that was the lousy joke. Anyway, let's continue.
Speaker 4: That was very good, all right.
Speaker 29: I'm going to go to bed on babysitting.
Speaker 27: Overnight, babysitting my friend's four kids.
Speaker 5: Oh, don't don't do it often.
Speaker 4: Don't call us, We'll call you.
Speaker 5: Are they early rises? Are they likely to let you sleep in or are you going to get woken up at some ungodly hour?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 29: Well, I get them, I try and get them a bit as early as possible. It could be ten of them and one of them screens out mum and during the night, so I wake up for that of course, also one under two so she might wriggle a bit and wins.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you will.
Speaker 4: Good only Lee, and thank you well. Lots of text coming in the Nathan and turning make here. Thanks for the segment. Can you remind me why dogs go round and ran and ran in jurgles before relieving themselves. We'll think we touched on that early, didn't we. There was a record you had something to do with the magnic any field.
Speaker 5: Well, there's lots of theories and just sort of looking it up here, and one of them is that, yes, studies show that dogs tend to align their bodies with the Earth north south axis when defecating, suggesting them might be sensitive to magnetic fields. So it's not as far fetched and ridiculous as it might sound. But there's also that it's territory marking, that it's preparing the ground that it is the safety checkers, as we were talking about before, that they just sort of look around and make sure that there's no predator so they can do their business in peace, and another theory that it's the movement sort of helps to stimulate the bowel. So there's all of the all sorts of theories.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and there is nothing worse. As the old song goes, the answer is not necessarily when you're blowing in the wind.
Speaker 5: No, which you don't want to do that, you want to blow down wind. If anything, thank you you do.
Speaker 4: Nathan and Tony dearly love. The combination of Somewhere over the Rainbow, What a Wonderful World, also sung by your Israel uplifting song. It is a beautiful song. I agree. We might say we can play that surely. And we've mentioned Alice the Camel, the history, the history of a little song like Alice the Camel has one hump. We'll do this when we can. I'm back Merrill. You will be next on Australia Overnight morning. I've been like a little kid in the last few days over the weekend, carrying around my own personal copy of Martha Gardner. Yes, Martha Gardner's Everyone's Household Help.
Speaker 5: What year was that printed?
Speaker 4: Eighty four?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: Eighty four, So just to smidge over the forty year mark, Yes, I thought it might have been earlier, but I checked it. It's eighty four. The forward is actually written by make sure I get that right, Bob Cornish. Oh, yes, great mister Cornish, who was a gm of three u z for a manu Okay. But they talk about one of the things they talk about from Martha in this book is the making of chocolate. Knew, And I said exactly the same thing. If I say to you two hundred and fifty grams of kofa cop h a, you instantly think of chocolate crackle, exactly right. Yes, in this particular piece though, two hundred and fifty grams of kofa, three tablespoons of cocoa, which would have been Bourneville.
Speaker 5: Probably Cadbury, Bornville, Cabri, Borneville, one cap icing sugar, one cup powdered skim milk.
Speaker 4: You milk the cofa, You mix all the other ingredients together and then add to cofa with a few drops of vanilla and allowed to set. You're making your own chocolate. But it was very much that was the ingredient's cofa, wasn't it. Yes, they're doing those beautiful chocolate.
Speaker 5: That stick the rice bubbles together. When was the last When was the last time you would have had the chocolate crackle years.
Speaker 4: Fifty years ago. Yeah, they were just weren't they just gorgeous as a kid.
Speaker 5: In the little paper cups?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was the great joy to actually take some of those to school, particularly if you made them on the over the weekend. You take them to school and play lunch on the wind on the Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Coconut on the top or no coconut.
Speaker 4: I would sell them. It was part of your.
Speaker 5: If there's trafficking, trafficking, you.
Speaker 4: Want to buy some cocoa pobs.
Speaker 5: Come around the back of the shelder shed.
Speaker 4: That was the drug of choice in the day. Merrill.
Speaker 27: Good morning, Hi, Tony and Nathan. You can still get cosa. It's still available.
Speaker 5: I'm sure, yeah yeah, And sorry.
Speaker 4: What was copa?
Speaker 5: It was sort of a coconuty something, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 27: I think it's a solidified coconut oil.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 27: And Martha Gardener, well, as you know, I've got a bookshop and I regularly sell Martha Gardener books. So everybody still loves her.
Speaker 4: And so these would be pre loved versions, presumably, Mary.
Speaker 27: My shop is snack of Hands. Yeah, gorgeous, I rang you o, Nathan, I flew up. I'm actually in kids. Yeah, I threw up about a week ago. And we're sitting on the time Act just about take off right on time, blah blah, and then the captain says they're going to replace a tire. I just couldn't believe they hadn't found it before.
Speaker 5: Then, well, they may well have found it, but they were just having to organize getting the jack and everything ready and the pit crew and all of that kind of thing. So, yeah, we do they they actually, yeah, that's right in the RACV. You know, they're always busy. But yeah, we do have to change tires from time to time because they do have layers of rubber on the outside and it won the outer layer goes and you start to see some canvas exposed. They're allowed up to about well, in the old language, thirty six inches of canvas before they have to change the tire. So there may have been a bit of discussion about whether it needed changing or not, and then got to the point where they agreed that it did need to be changed, and so they they can do it pretty quickly, and they're big tires, so it's quite a job. But yeah, we've certainly had them jack up the jack up the aeroplane and switch a tire.
Speaker 26: Yeah, it.
Speaker 27: Sounds good that I founded, of course.
Speaker 5: Yes, but the all of the what we call the bogies, the axles, they have pairs of tires, so there'll be two tires for those wheels, you know, and two tires on the main gear and on the bigger aeroplanes even more. And each tire in itself can take the entire weight. So if one tire blue or whatever, then it's it's not a problem. They can still land and we wouldn't take off if we knew we had a bunk tire. But yeah, they can certainly still land on one. So it's all just about redundancy and without keeping it safe. And obviously there was some discussion about the tire and they changed it and the way you went, what's.
Speaker 4: An approximate process these days of a new Pirelli for a jet?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Look, I think you know depending you can probably buy buy ten and get the eleventh one free.
Speaker 4: It is. That's exactly the deal we're looking for. We're here to help one double three six nine three for Australia Overnight. Come and join us. The episode kings Birthday weekend, King's Birthday Monday. The big game Collingwood Melbourne Melbourne v. Collingwood getting underway three a W fourty right across the country.
Speaker 5: And of course the Big free Big.
Speaker 4: Freeze will be getting underway.
Speaker 5: Wonderful charity.
Speaker 4: Gee they've raised some money, haven't they. We'll look at that and your calls coming up on Australia Overnight the episode.
Speaker 23: Now, this is Australia Overnight with Tony McManus.
Speaker 4: And it's a big welcome to everybody through six p hour in birth. It is the ACE Radio Network through Victoria into southern New South Wales. Three are w here in Melbourne. That's where we are. Five double A in Adelaide. So we're all together and now all together for Australia Overnight. Thank you to h That is Harvey Degan, the great team there they have for their Sunday Night edition. I remember when if you'd like to jump on board, Perth listeners, you know how it works. One double three eight eighty two. Why Woodyer really when you think about it, why Woody, Well, I'll tell you because Nathan Kosh is here.
Speaker 5: Say good morning Birth, good morning Path.
Speaker 4: That's Nathan Kosh Nathan Cosh, as you know, is a highly regarded Quantus captain pilot many many years. Is also one of the leading vests.
Speaker 30: In Australia leading good luck, Sorry did I say leading? I met one of the misleading, one of the bleeding, misleading.
Speaker 4: Mister Beds in Australia. So if you have a sick puppy, you might have a really until he.
Speaker 30: Said it, But I can't know what was the what you can what was the TV show.
Speaker 4: That was?
Speaker 5: Are You Being so?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 5: Could you imagine that today you reckon? That would even get a quarter?
Speaker 4: It was a funny show.
Speaker 5: With are you free? Mister Humphrey.
Speaker 4: So if you would like to join us, you'll get through straight away. If you ring now, you'll have it pretty much to yourself. One double three six nine three now during the news and people, do you watch people jump in all over this? Yes, because it's an interesting piece by our good friends at Media Stable, and they write based on Sarah Blake, who was a conflict strategist and mediator. And Sarah makes the following points via Media Stable and asks the question is Megan Markle her own worst enemy and then goes on to say everyone has the right of their own opinion, and anyone who person stars with their own Netflix series fair game when it comes to social media. As a former actress, Megan should be able to take criticism like water off the Ducks back right well with love. Meghan offers viewers an insight into her home and Bounty full gardens, but it's not actually her home and she's been roasted for it. She actually lives in a fourteen plus million dollar mansion, and it goes on to say, before giving birth to Lily bed in twenty twenty one, herself and Harry Gy rating and working in the hospital room. Now, I don't know why that's why that bothers people, but clearly it apparently does. And it goes on to say, what is it with Megan Michael that makes people cringe? And is it time for her to lay low for a while? Hashtag discussed one double three six nine three. Now you and I disagree on this. You have a you suspect that she has become her own worst enemy.
Speaker 5: I think she might have. Just seems to look. I don't pay much attention, and I won't watch any of the programs, and I don't do any of that, but just the bits and pieces that you hear. I just think she just seems to be complaining about all sorts of things and why doesn't everybody love me? And I'm the best and under this and under that. So I don't know. I don't just yeah, I don't spend any time thinking about.
Speaker 4: Exactly my point. Yes, so do we do? Many spend way too much time?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm sure some. Oh absolutely, you have a look at anything on social media can blow up and you just think, and you know, even here we get the odd critical email or call or message, and you think, well, if you don't like it, just don't engage. You don't have to do that. You can switch off. There's any number of other things to read or watch or whatever on TV. So if you don't like her, then just don't watch it.
Speaker 4: I think most people would agree we did that. And I've often said, I wonder if if Princess Diana was still with us, and she's not obviously yes, would she would she be more empathetic to her daughter in law?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think so that's yes, because she would be Yeah, because she copped it, you know, in her generation, and you know, joining the royal family is it's not just a piece of cake or opening tea parties or doing all of that. I think it's there's a hell of a responsibility, there's a hell of a workload, there's a hell of a lot of expectation on anyone in it, and it's not easy. And I think those that are born into it for the most part kind of they're they're they're groomed as they as they grow to know that that's what their role is going to be and that's how it's going to be. But for those coming in from the outside, I think it be quite a culture shock.
Speaker 4: And you and I know families. Family life doesn't always go as you would hope or plan absolutely given your very best endeavors, and that's still of the case with many families that would be listening right now. For whatever reason, things don't go always that well. However, given the profile of the protagonists through this, you look at His Majesty on today, the birthday we celebrate the birthday of His Majesty King's birthday weekend, you look at the great work that the future King is doing in conjunction with the wonderful documentary maker. If we saw that in the last couple of days I think it's called Oceans. It's the new documentary, right, and it's going to be an extraordinary piece and wonderful and the great work that they do. And then there's Harry Yes, who for whatever reason, is the unloved. And then there's questions about dare I say it, questions about who his father might be in anyway, and I wonder if that is yet to be fully explored explored. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, you know, he wrote the book or was involved in the book called The Spare, and I think, I mean in my time and in yours, it is difficult for the second in line, because the first in line was you know, okay, they know that that's what they're going to be. But for the second I think it's very difficult. And I'm just thinking the three generations of the royal family that I know. You have a look at the late Queen Elizabeth's sister, Princess Margaret, and how she went in many ways off the rails as well, because she was the Spare and I think she loved to have ale, she liked to have a tiple, and I think she was really wanted to be the queen. And Elizabeth was very much a reluctant queen, and so because of the accident of birth and whatever, she was the spare and sort of went off the rails. And then the next generation for a while there Princess Anne, who was the spare, also went in many ways sort of off the rails. And now she's an incredibly respected and loved member of the royal family. But in her youth she was a little bit you know, wild, and now in this generation that the next one in line is Harry. So I just wonder whether the fact that you're there but you're not there does something that you know so close but no cigar, It's.
Speaker 4: An interesting conversation I'd love to give to you. On board one, double three, six or nine three. We're asking the question Meagan, Michael own worst enemy? If so, why if not, why do you think he suffers all the criticisms.
Speaker 5: I always remember, you know, when you say their own worst enemy. I'm reminded of a line from the Australian Parliament and people forgive me if it's not the right protagonist, but might have been Jim Killen. I think even back in the day that God I've been the Parliament and said one time sometimes I think on my own worst enemy, and Fred Dally jumped up from the other side and said, not while I'm alive.
Speaker 4: That's right. That's a funny line. Was a bridge and peace.
Speaker 5: Even if that's not true, It's fantastic, isn't it.
Speaker 4: One double three six nine three is telephone number. I'm Tony McManus. Nathan Kosh is here. It's Australia over night. Your call straight after this come and join us. Okay, don't leave Zee by ourselves. We need some calls to keep us going. One double three six' nine three For perth listeners that you can join us now one double three eight eighty. Two you can even send the text if that's easy for is zero four double seven six' nine three six. Nine three but it really is about. Open line. It's talkback whether you might have a, sick animal it's a good occasion.
Speaker 3: To.
Speaker 4: Coming Well nathan kosh is here as. A vet you might be planning a. Trip, away well he is also. A pilot he can he can fly, you personally should, you, choose absolutely we'll be happy if you have one of those. Great jets what's the most desirable private jet in.
Speaker 5: THE world i WOULD think i think Called A global express is, the one and there's well there's a newer version of. IT now i think it's CALLED the g seven thousand. Or something there was One At Avalon. Air show they are, pretty flush that is for sure.
Speaker 4: Too as a piece, of equipment the way that it's been.
Speaker 5: Decked, out oh both both they have an. Incredible range they just look they look like they're meant. To fly the beautiful aeroplanes and the interiors. Of them, you know your home would not be as fancy.
Speaker 4: As those The, Golf, stream YEAH the.
Speaker 5: G seven seven hundred, Sorry, aerospace, yes Yes golf stream aerospace, whisper quiet whisper quiet from inside because the engines are at. The back, and yeah it's it's just everything it's got. Just extraordinary and YOU and i will never be able to afford one, that much that much twenty, five probably if, not more if, Not, more yes seventy. Seventy five there, you go. Seventy five so even if you won the seventy mili last week in, the lottery you still wouldn't be able to get one because then you're going to put the juice, in, it yes and a crew and then the it's just it's. Telephone numbers, it's unbelievable but they.
Speaker 4: Are beautiful but presumably if you were, doing that you would want. To share you'd have a share and you know you'll if you're put in.
Speaker 5: Fifteen eight well that that's something that's happened more In the states where they do have this shared ownership and if you, need it you just sort. Of book it hasn't quite report on as, much HERE but i think they've got a lot more corporations and things that can make use of that over In. The states, but yeah there's certainly a number of corporate, jets here and you are able to hire corporate jetes if for whatever reason that you might. Need one, but yeah they're. Certainly, Spectacular Well jeff bezos gave me, a call and yes he.
Speaker 4: Would have, he, Said look i'm thinking about. Buying one what do you reckon to you? MAKE it, i, Said, well jeff you got, The, money, yeah okay, he, said yeah what are you? Looking like he said about.
Speaker 5: Eighty, Eighty yep and he would have taken that out of the petty cash ten.
Speaker 4: Exactly right come and join us one double three six. Nine, three now one of the things we were talking about earlier is this beautiful PIECE which i haven't heard for a, long time but it is Gorgeous.
Speaker 5: FROM israel i can't Even pronounce Hisaii the hawaiian name yeh, go on have a crack. At it camica walk something. That'll do and it's a.
Speaker 4: Beautiful piece hawaiian singer and best known for this beautiful piece.
Speaker 3: Well both theorine bow.
Speaker 2: We up hide.
Speaker 31: And dreams that you dream of once in the love the bar hide, so well.
Speaker 1: Oh the rabow.
Speaker 32: Blue, bird flies and the dreams that you, dream of dream really do go to.
Speaker 33: Some day with shippon stuff with the birth thousand bubby hide.
Speaker 9: Be were trouble milks like lemon drops high above, the chimney.
Speaker 3: Up the t well, you fly me fly well over the rainbow.
Speaker 1: Bluebers fly.
Speaker 2: Jeems that she. Did too for why for why can't.
Speaker 3: Tie hide.
Speaker 32: High wellasy trees of greenland red.
Speaker 9: Loses too i'll watched them blue for me, and you and into my sil word wander forward the glassy skies, of BLUE and i see clous of white and the brightness.
Speaker 3: OF dy.
Speaker 9: I like to die and think, to myself what a wonderf the colors of the rainbow so pretty in. The sky also unfaced of people passing by.
Speaker 2: See fresh shaking as, saying it how do you do.
Speaker 3: They REALLY saying i?
Speaker 1: LOVE you.
Speaker 3: I hear baby spy and that most m.
Speaker 31: They'll learn much more than we.
Speaker 2: All know and think, to myself what a wonder foreword some day Wish ship bardster? Wake up were the Clouds of bobby behind.
Speaker 23: To be.
Speaker 2: Trouble mills like a lemon drops high above the chimney.
Speaker 33: Duptas wear you find me a way over, the rainbow?
Speaker 1: Way up.
Speaker 2: God dreamed that you. Did too, why oh why can't go?
Speaker 3: A o.
Speaker 4: We're it's probably a year about thirty years ago since we first. Heard that you, Think, that yeah, ninety three, ninety three, ninety four early butt of. The nineties we can't which hadn't seen that, long. Ago, doesn't yeah lots OF people i know who lots of lots of lovely year texts and messages for that haven't heard that for a. Long.
Speaker 5: Time yeah it's just an amazing combination of songs and just so simple of him singing with, The ukulele keep.
Speaker 4: It Simple. That's, steve hello thank you for, Joining Us, Steve, hi yes.
Speaker 12: GOOD morning i also liked the Way That billy thorpe sings that.
Speaker 4: Song.
Speaker 12: Too yep we have a Little Cavalier King. Charles spaniel and when she goes to drink from her, water bowl she scratches the floor. Beside, It, first yes sometimes makes a terrible mess because it moves the ball and yeah. Yeah yeah the rest, of it just wondering why does she?
Speaker 5: Do it she's, otherwise, healthy happy.
Speaker 12: All, good yep, No problem she's always.
Speaker 5: Done, this yes it's that's most. Unusual behavior do you have what just do you have a water bowl with sloping sides or one that that?
Speaker 12: Can, tip no just a standard water bowl that sits on.
Speaker 5: The, ground yeah and it's but it's got sort of sloping sloping.
Speaker 4: Sides. Sides Yes so i've.
Speaker 12: Had all different ones and she still does the same to every one.
Speaker 5: Of, Them okay and that's wherever the, ball, is anyway wherever.
Speaker 12: It is the thing that reminds me of is in the old cowboy movies when they bent down to have, a drink they'd clear the top bit of water away from. The, oasis yeah they have. A.
Speaker 5: DRINK yeah i don't know whether she's just stabilizing the ground there or, you know for for. Her feet it's it's A very i haven't heard of. That before but if it's just a habit and otherwise she's fine and healthy and doesn't cause. Any DISTRESS but i guess it's just the fact that she spills the bowl a. Little BIT so i think if you can find, a bowl a heavy bowl with, you know quite large sloping sides that she can't knock it around, so much maybe that's going to help reduce the amount of water that she spills around.
Speaker 22: The.
Speaker 12: PLACE yep i was just wondering if it's a. Common, thing, yeah no.
Speaker 5: OVIDENTLY not i don't, think So but i'll look. It up i'll get back. To you if i'll just keep a listen out for a little bit and i'll just see if there's anyone anywhere that's got an answer or. Something simple but, just yeah they do some unusual things and they have their little habits and quirks the way that. We do but as long as it's not of, any consequence and. It's okay, but yeah as, you say it just makes a bit of. A mess so just bear with Us and i'll SEE if i can Find, Any.
Speaker 4: Hey steve You're. In tasmania what's the feeling about what may unfold in the next twenty four to thirty six Hours.
Speaker 12: In tazi we would prefer my family would prefer that the money that they're allocating to that would be spent.
Speaker 4: On hospitals as opposed to.
Speaker 12: The stadium my wife has been waiting two years just to get in see an orthopedic surgeon for, an assessment for an assessment that's more important to me than playing football eleven times. A.
Speaker 4: Year yeah and the idea, of perhaps notwithstanding what might Happen, tomorrow tuesday the idea of another state election.
Speaker 12: That doesn't worry me. That much we do a postal vote and get it over and none with quick and so it's no inconvenience. For us but we've got to put up with all the rubbish that you hear on the, radio beforehand all these people.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 4: Promises yeah and, the costs the cost of running yet another Election. In, tasmania yeah well that, costs millions?
Speaker 12: Doesn't it a lot?
Speaker 4: Of money a lot? Of money good on your stok at a?
Speaker 12: Football? Stadium, yes yes is that?
Speaker 4: The sentiment do you think That many tasmanians Would have.
Speaker 12: People we speak to they want the money. Put elsewhere it's a lot, of money, billion dollars and it's not going to stop there because they've also got to build other fields, for practicing and there's other things that they have to add on, to that and it's going to cost a whole.
Speaker 5: Lot more but are they not talking about using that stadium for concerts and things like that, so that, you know hence the need for.
Speaker 4: The roof.
Speaker 12: We don't get the big people down here because with the five hundred thousand population it's not. Big enough john comes down here a, few times but otherwise not. Many others costume must to bring all their equipments on the ferries and set it up just for two concerts.
Speaker 4: At, that yes.
Speaker 5: It's certainly generated a lot, of. Discussion hasn't It's, good now well before you, Run, AWAY steve i just did a little bit of snooping and they're talking about you know why so it is a thing because there's a number of articles, about it and they're talking about why do dogs pour at? Their bowl now SOME and i don't know necessarily that these would apply to you in, your situation but they talk about as a, cooling mechanism particularly in summer because they wet their paws and that can help to cool. Them DOWN but i presume your dog does it all.
Speaker 12: Year, round no they scratch beside. The, ball yeah so, that's yeah so that doesn't.
Speaker 5: Work yep and then they're talking about some dogs are fascinated by their reflection and they'll sort of look at that off the bowl and looking to interact with. Their image so hence they scratch an. INVESTIGATIVE behavior i don't know if, that counts, they, say yep so we're not doing very well here that they prefer running water with the water, moving around it resembles running water.
Speaker 12: FOR them i will say that if we put some fresh, water in drink from it straight away without.
Speaker 4: Doing.
Speaker 5: It yeah so maybe the water is, always, pressure, yes, yes, course yeah but maybe it's as you, were saying it's sort of like a reflex of trying to sort of get the top of the water away to get. Deeper down there's another one they talk. ABOUT boredom i don't think that's it attention. SEEKING behavior i don't think.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: Compulsive, behavior, sometimes yes, you know they just get into habits and it might be it might be something that she's become that's become a bit of a compulsive habit.
Speaker 12: For her that's how we see it. As, well yeah.
Speaker 4: Good, On, you steve will let you. Go person our very best, To, missus steve.
Speaker 12: Thanks, very much.
Speaker 4: Good bye tricky In it and that's not an unusual story to hear as somebody who's waiting for two years just to. GET attention, i mean this is a great Nation, of australia and you got to ask ourselves how do we find ourselves in this position where people are having to wait two years just to get.
Speaker 5: An assessment but, it's difficult isn't It any whether you're balancing your household budget or the, national budget where do you put? The money there are many things that require your attention and ideally you'd love to put all of your, money in, say health but then what happens? To education and if you put all the money, into education what happens.
Speaker 4: To, health yeah it's a. TRICKY one. I agree it's going to be managed and that's why we put him in there to do the very best they. Possibly can, one, double, three six nine. AND three i. Love this i'm sure three are. W ISSUES the g Seven hundred golf streams standard issues to.
Speaker 5: All, programs, oh yes well we Have The australia overnight when it's in the car, park.
Speaker 4: There, that's right getting ready to to flos Home.
Speaker 5: To, BERRICK yes i think the only the closest thing you'll get to fly your Home to berrick as A.
Speaker 4: Brooms thank you, Very. Much steve we'll stay there when we come back to. Your calls Maggie and annie will come to. You next it's all Part Of. Australia, revenue, surprise. Surprise SURPRISE can i? Teammate You see channel nine news LAST night i found the footage of that nineteen Sixty Four Grand final Melbourne. V, collingwood yeah given to the big games coming up today and never see.
Speaker 5: You would, remember it wouldn't you take.
Speaker 4: As, a oh As a, melbourne supporter you could be viewing it would be. GOOD viewing i saw that just the tag, of IT and i didn't get quite at the gist of it on nine last night. Special replay keep an eye On the red And the blue for. Later, Today, yes rob hopefully it'll be a racking game and raise lots of which is the important part of a big date. Like today, Maggie, morning.
Speaker 18: Oh, Good morning Tony, And, Nathan. Hello, magan, yeah Now just i'll flip by a couple of THINGS before i get to the. Original, point okay sixty for that was When the beatles.
Speaker 17: Were, out yes that's the one You played Not A wonderful WORLD as i was. Warbling, along YES but.
Speaker 5: I mean probably the most famous version Of that who do you think that would?
Speaker 17: Have Been because i'm not Up to i'm not a new. INTO music i don't even hear, the lyrics Don't.
Speaker 24: YOU no.
Speaker 17: I don't i hear, the tune and that's how. Warble along AND occasionally i might pick up a word, or TWO and i, don't know some sort of, HEARING death i.
Speaker 27: Dare, say, okay.
Speaker 5: Anyway Because, LOUIS armstrong i think probably you know it was the most famous version of. That song louis.
Speaker 4: Going, So.
Speaker 5: Megie so he's just he's having a moment here.
Speaker 4: My time there's no time, Wasting.
Speaker 12: Here meggie well it isn't.
Speaker 17: The time machine.
Speaker 4: Clicking, down no we don't have a time machine here in, The.
Speaker 5: Studio megan, so sorry what were you going, To? Say maggie we? Did digress, so, yes well of course.
Speaker 17: You DO and i don't mind a little bit of digress here, and, there toe let's play to that simple part sympos somewhat for that man who spoke, you know, oh god not for a number. Of reasons, you know billion dollars or whatever, you know.
Speaker 5: And Has, the yeah and when is any project ever coming on budget or? Under budget you know it's going to blow out to a lot more, than that?
Speaker 17: Isn't, it no always?
Speaker 13: Over?
Speaker 17: Budget yeah and then, You, KNOW nathan i believe you had mentioned too well that, you know could be the big stage to attract Big, Artists tsmania but Here in athlete we find that a lot of the head blind big artists at times by past. Half, ladies yes for probably the very.
Speaker 4: Same, reasons no.
Speaker 17: Before, You go i've got a question, For.
Speaker 4: Away, maggie now you.
Speaker 17: Earlier on were talking about some sort of a leash. Air, CRAFT yes i didn't catch.
Speaker 5: The name A GOLF stream g. Seven Hundred GOLF stream g. Seven hundred it's a corporate jet, and yes if you if you, Buy, one MAGGIE can i please come and fly if you've got a lazy seventy?
Speaker 17: Five, MEAL no i hate now who makes The.
Speaker 5: Golf stream It's an american business. Jet COMPANY oh I.
Speaker 17: Did, american yeah, well, yeah yeah Loosely termed american, yet yeah and how much would?
Speaker 5: They cost seven seventy? Five mil if you happen to have that rattling around in the back of, the couch you could scoop your coins together and wander around to the Dealership and i'll try and negotiate you a, Better.
Speaker 17: Deal, nathan now would you.
Speaker 11: Be able to?
Speaker 5: Fly, one look with all of, these things you have to be trained, on it because you can't just sort of, walk in so you need to be endorsed. On it it has to be on. Your license, so yes you would. Go over there will. BE simulators i don't believe there's, any here but you'd head over To the states and do a. Proper course we do an. Engineering course you learn about the systems, and things and then hop in the sim and then do the endorsement on the aeroplane the normal operations and then the non. Normal operations and that's essentially what happens with any new aeroplane that you fly of the. Larger variety so we can fly of the big aeroplanes only one type at, a time but with the corporates, and things you can fly multiple. Different aircraft and certainly with light aircraft you can fly a whole bunch of them at the same time.
Speaker 4: As well, Well, done maggie thank you always a great cooler And in wheeler's heel, Morning, air oh.
Speaker 26: Good morning pertaining To find my son is an, aerospace engineer and he Worked for bombardier building private jets and also Worked For lockheed martin.
Speaker 5: And he did the Thirty five Oh, the fighter a.
Speaker 26: Fighter Plane. The ratta he Worked in, texas ye and then For, the provider and he also Worked in Montreal. For, BOMBARDIER yes.
Speaker 5: I mean there's not too much of an industry, here anymore? Is THERE so i think if you really want to get involved, in it you have to, move overseas which is a shame.
Speaker 26: For you and he is at the Moment, in california and it's not such a funny thing just jumping in the plane and going home from work because that's next on.
Speaker 5: The, list, Yes yes so does he get back here often or do you get?
Speaker 4: Over?
Speaker 26: There, no no he's been away for. Ten years he came. Back, occasionally no.
Speaker 4: It's.
Speaker 5: A SHAME but i.
Speaker 26: LOVE flying i used to.
Speaker 8: Love.
Speaker 26: Flying oh my dad was In The. Air force my brother is. A pilot he was a. Pilot too.
Speaker 5: Oh wow so it's in the it's in. The blood it's in, the family in the. Blood engineers and which which way did you go?
Speaker 26: With, THAT well I think i've spoken to. You before in, my day girls weren't allowed, to, yes yeah AND but i did the. COVER opposite i became. A.
Speaker 13: Nurse excellent.
Speaker 4: World done it's, interesting though when you say that out loud now and it's it feels it feels weird thing to say the girls. Weren't allowed it. Feels odd oh.
Speaker 5: It was it was a. Huge thing, and yeah there's still a little bit of a, barrier there although they're working very hard to break. It down and certainly the WOMEN that i fly with are perfectly confident and not a problem and it's no big deal. At all but back in, the, day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's Right debor Wardley And. DEBORA laurie i think she. Is now and She took anset to court because she was training all of these students that were getting into the airlines and they wouldn't give her, a gig and she won the case and she really broke broke. The BARRIERS but i certainly know older women who were not able to, you know they were great pilots and just not able to. Do anything and the ridiculous situation is back In The Second world war when they were building or spitfires and hurricanes and things for, the raft they had to get these aircraft to the, front lines and they didn't they couldn't spare or they didn't want to spare any of their. Fighter pilots so there was a women's auxiliary and these women would, actually fly not, in combat but fly these aircraft from the factory to the lines or to. The squadrons and so they were given a little cut and they just hopped in whether it Was a lancaster or whether it's a spitfire or a hurricane, or whatever and had their little card with the speeds and how to start it and do all that kind. Of stuff and they, did that and they flew many different types, of aircraft all the ones that were being manufactured IN. The uk and then at the end of the war, they, said well we'd love to have a job in, the airlines and, they, said well don't, be ridiculous you. Can't fly and it was just such a nonsense that these women flew all these types and everything, was fine and then after the war they were told that they couldn't, do it so. Just ludicrous, but anyway we're certainly working towards. Changing that it's nowhere near fifty. TO fifty i don't know if it ever, will be but certainly everybody who wants to do it should have.
Speaker 4: The opportunity, we know what is it because it doesn't have the appeal well some what's?
Speaker 32: The?
Speaker 5: Roadblock NOW just i think some careers aren't necessarily people don't. LIKE it i mean you look at vet science. For INSTANCE when i went through it was about eighty, percent male and now pretty much worldwide it's eighty. Percent female so's it's found. Its LEVEL and i don't think everything needs to be or should be fifty. To fifty but as long as anybody who wants to do it has the opportunity to, do it whichever career, it is it's it's going to find. Its level so you'll find certain careers are skewed, towards female certain careers skewed, towards male some of them straight down. The MIDDLE so i think as long as everybody can do what they want, to do the numbers don't. Particularly matter what.
Speaker 4: A great call thank you. For that we'll do this when we come back here more of your calls if you'd like to jump on Board while nathan. Is here one double three six. NINE three i wasn't the pilot is a. Little text i'm not too sure what that, MEANS though i wasn't. THE pilot i. Don't know do we miss the context?
Speaker 3: Of?
Speaker 4: That flu here.
Speaker 5: We go it's flu in a Nineteen Twenty javelin chipmunk with original engine and it was Fun from nicky and IT says i.
Speaker 4: Wasn't pilot that wasn't, A. Pilot okay lou armstrong favorite meal was beans. And rush not too sure what that. Means either i'm losing the some of these. Themes, here yes but we did do a bit of a double Check On. Louis armstrong so you had a great story.
Speaker 24: To.
Speaker 5: Share well the story goes that he actually was A fluent yiddish speaker because he grew up in a very poor neighborhood and his neighbors or he just reading a. Bit there he went to work For a jewish family and that gave him enough money for him to purchase his, first cornet and as a served him pretty well. Through it and he always he always wore a Star of david as a sort of thank you and as a reminder for his.
Speaker 4: Early days isn't that a? Lovely, Story beverly? Good?
Speaker 34: Morning hello it Was it Nat, King Kong Nat king kole who first saying what a? BEAUTIFUL world i think It Was.
Speaker 5: Louis armstrong armstrong Know that Nat king kole sang? Wonderful world?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 27: HE yeah i heard him.
Speaker 21: Sing, it.
Speaker 34: Yes okay the lines are like a bright, beautiful day dark sake.
Speaker 15: Could, night yes it reminds Me.
Speaker 34: Of theta for all the charm, and drudgery it is still a. Beautiful world love is as perennial as. The grass you are a child of. The, universe yes like the trees and. The stars you have a right to. Be, here yes strive to? Be happy that a?
Speaker 4: Little Too?
Speaker 34: Will, WELL yeah I actually i. LOVE it i sort of knew it about four.
Speaker 15: Years ago I'm so I'M surprised i still.
Speaker 5: Remember it there's some things that you know that that do stick in. YOUR head i can remember we were we learned in will form one in. Year Seven our english teacher really drummed into us and we had. TO learn i don't remember much of it a poem called If By. Rudyard kipling, OH yes i. Love, that yes if you can keep your head when all, about you yes and blaming it, On you if you can trust yourself when all men, doubt you and, you know on, it goes.
Speaker 6: Just.
Speaker 15: Extraordinary words do you fish into those Categories.
Speaker 5: That i'm just an? Average mo? That's me, he didn't he didn't write.
Speaker 4: About.
Speaker 15: Us YEAH actually I learned french at school a long long, time AGO and i found all my FRIENDS and i but you still remember a Poem, in french which is.
Speaker 34: Very surprising so you must have a sort of a brain that.
Speaker 15: Remembers SOMETHINGS.
Speaker 34: We, i think.
Speaker 4: Well, Done, you beverly YOU would i could do a little, TRIP together I think Beverly.
Speaker 5: To pais.
Speaker 17: That would, be lovely.
Speaker 4: One of the aforementioned.
Speaker 5: Private, Jet yes i'll take you there and tell me how it tell me how it all. Pans, out thanks good.
Speaker 4: On you pefore he always could. Do chat we'll do this when we come back and knog. It off but of. A, STRETCH no i think that's a new. New thing it's coming up to, news time IS what i was trying. To say, GETTING tired i think because none of us get. Enough sleep and have you?
Speaker 5: Noticed, that sorry you're just woke and.
Speaker 2: He's been.
Speaker 4: A reckon he's been nodding off for the first.
Speaker 5: Three hours it's that little bit of dribble on the side of. His mouth that's the giveaways usually.
Speaker 4: The giveaway we'll come back your call straight. After this.
Speaker 1: The colors of. The, rend yeah this.
Speaker 4: Is, gorgeous, Yeah, definitely yeah we're going to, do this but it's we'll. See.
Speaker 23: Tomorrow now This Is Australia urban Eyed with. Tony, McManus.
Speaker 4: Hello nett we're Right across australia with it BE THREE a w Here, in Melbourne FIVE double A and ADELAIDE The ace radio network and have good friends at six P. In perth hello. To you we mess it up just just prior to the news where we played a little bit of but it's whilst. It's, branded yes it's Branded That. King cole we don't.
Speaker 5: Think that was, singing wonderful Just crazy Armstrong And. Louis armstrong so doing.
Speaker 4: That, version yes thank You to david and all those people that have been sending emails as through. As well we. Appreciate that now a couple of quick calls you wanted. To do but there was something else we'll, get awad. Wasn't, It, NO no i Think, that barbara.
Speaker 5: Go, ahead hi, Oh Hello i'm Barbara.
Speaker 19: From westlax.
Speaker 21: I'm eighty.
Speaker 19: Eight now BUT when i, WAS sixteen i got a very interesting job and it was Over At inn sprey and it was testing the sides and different compartments Of the camber. Jet fighter, oh YES and i always found that. Very interest they said to me how important this. Part WAS that i had to fill in these forms as the men would bring in different parts of the AIRCRAFT and i would have to test the metal on it to make sure that it was ready for the next piece of work they do. On it so it was Like a rockwell type.
Speaker 21: Of machine it was a.
Speaker 19: Lovely thing and as the men would hold certain parts of, THE plane i would take a reading on it and then fill in all these forms before it could go to the. Next PART and i found that interesting and Very very you have to be very accurate.
Speaker 5: On it so what were you measuring the thickness of the metal to make sure that it was? Made, properly yes that was?
Speaker 19: It, Right yes i'm sure the machine was called a rock. Wall machine it was a, beautiful THING and i can still remember when the men would bring in the, Bigger parts i'd, hold it, you know you get two and three to hold, it up And then i'd do the testing on the different parts of the metal that. Came through so it was a very interesting Kind of that was all Munition that finsbury turned very quickly into turning. Out MUNITION and i just happened to get that job and a very, young AGE but i took it very very.
Speaker 4: Serious well as.
Speaker 5: YOU would, i mean that. Was critical if there were problems with the, metal structure then that could have.
Speaker 19: Been catastrophic, so, definitely yes you have to be very very sure. Of yourself and then of course LATER on i went further into my studies and became. A teacher so, and yes it was a very interesting time in my LIFE and i met.
Speaker 5: Lovely, people yes and you sound, very eloquent, You, do.
Speaker 29: Oh thank you.
Speaker 19: Very much my father was Military and i've managed to have two, beautiful children and one son became he was In the, naval reserve but he finally became crime, scene investigator and the daughter was in the young government. As WELL and i married a man who was at long range. Weapon establishment that.
Speaker 5: Was a great life for and so? Correct me did you if you don't mind me? Asking again you said your. Age, Before yes i'm, eighty eight. Eighty eight you. Sound, UNBELIEVABLE oh i still in my.
Speaker 19: Own home i'm very, very confident, AND yes i have a good life and keep myself.
Speaker 4: Very interested and just for People, around Australia That west lakes area that was where the footy ground used.
Speaker 19: To be, that's, right, yes yes thank god.
Speaker 4: It's gone and so and so would you were you on one of the waterways.
Speaker 27: Around, There yes i'm not far off.
Speaker 19: From, the lake only about or about a five minute walk from.
Speaker 3: The.
Speaker 19: Lake, gorgeous yes it is a, loveliest spot. Very nice it's better since the football area. Has gone because my main master bedroom we found it rather difficult to lye in bed on a summer's night with the blindest up if it's a, lovely breeze which we get, down here because the lights from there was rough in, our eyes so we had to change.
Speaker 4: Rooms around who do you bear?
Speaker 13: IT for i.
Speaker 1: DON'T don't.
Speaker 6: I.
Speaker 19: Don't know i've never followed family DO but. I don't i've never been very interested in it.
Speaker 8: AT all i have.
Speaker 22: Other interests what did?
Speaker 5: You teach i've.
Speaker 19: Talked just about everything from reception.
Speaker 5: To matriculation, oh goodness reception they call.
Speaker 4: It Reception In south australia we did that.
Speaker 5: And, in, victoria yes right up.
Speaker 19: To mariculations so and the new first Laboratory, in adelaide the. LANGUAGE laboratory i. Ran that so that Was quite that was an. Exhausting job, but anyhow very interesting AND as, i say it's been a very interesting journey in.
Speaker 4: My life what a great Story about write.
Speaker 5: Your memoirs you have some sort of jottings or musings or something written down of some of the things.
Speaker 19: You, remember yes the only thing that really not, Marks Me but i'm over. IT now i tried to go OVERSEAS and i can't fly because once the plane gets to a, certain altitude something happens to my blood and.
Speaker 20: My, sight.
Speaker 19: YES so i had to. Be OFFLOADED as, I say i'm the only lady that's ever held up a jumbo without. A GUN because i they had to bring the Plane to sydney and they got me off. The plane my daughter was. With me we were going to go for a lovely. Shopping, OVERSEAS anyhow i just, COULDN'T see i couldn't hear fourteen Days, in sydney and then they brought me back on a different plane that could come. Very, low yeah so that's the end of my. Flying days.
Speaker 27: That's it oh.
Speaker 5: Goodness me oh that's. A shame you should do a cruise. Or something hop on. A, boat, Yes.
Speaker 27: Well i've got an off water around.
Speaker 5: Me down.
Speaker 4: Nice to talk, To. You barbra what a, fantastic call and that lovely everybody has. A, story, yes absolutely it, is great and even there is lots, of text so one in particular says, a lovely fascinating Call from barbara, eighty eight all about when young and the programs all and that's really what this program is about in any. Many ways we'd love to share people's stories and what.
Speaker 5: They do, and everybody as, you say has something in their life that is interesting. To others so it's good to be able to learn a little bit.
Speaker 4: About it. It does it definitely gladdens. The heart one of The stories i've just been reading as you, were speaking and NOW that i, tell you it's just disappeared from, my Screen so i'll get back to it in just. A moment but to suffice to say that there is more ranks With the president Of The, united states and. It's surprising and a member OF, the ABC The abc america actually looks like he's been stood down from something the. Allegedly posted so it's on for young.
Speaker 5: And indeed are you going?
Speaker 4: To stay you're going to? Hang out what are your plans For This? King's day? Birthday weekend? Your mother welcome to hang to serial time not?
Speaker 5: Far, Away okay i'll hang to all the cereal people.
Speaker 4: Are asking for how much longer do we hang with? The chuck have You got have you got any idea when it might come to A, grinding look we're up to episode one hundred and forty ONE of i think roughly about, three hundred so in moving through we could be here at, this rate we could be here by early of. Next year the feathers are flapping. Very slow they.
Speaker 5: Certainly flak i'm sitting over here watching a man in pain over the other side of. The desk you.
Speaker 4: Didn't Like The. Southern, american yeah it's. Very good it, is GOOD but i, get it but It's it's it often shows up for me as a bit of a a, one trick BUT then i. Should know it's one.
Speaker 5: Trick pony.
Speaker 4: That's right we'll do this when we, come back plenty of time for. Your calls come and. Join us it is one double three six nine three is the telephone Number for. Australia overnight we're just cruising Through a king's birthday holiday Here. In melbourne certainly they had their big special day last Weekend In. South australia our big your PARDNER, in wa so it's not a holiday in that part of, the world but it is most. Tother places one double three six nine three is our telephone number if you are sending a text message or you would like to more importantly zero four double seven six nine three six. Nine three lots, of emails many OF which i will actually address later. On today overnights AT three aw dot COM. Dot au overnight's AT three aw dot COM. Dot au quiz question yes comes up from textending in nine. Six zero i'm stuck on a quiz and need. Some help do you know who discovered milk and what were his or?
Speaker 5: HER intentions, i, don't, right question but no one. DISCOVERED milk i mean mammals have been providing milk for their young since we have been. Mammals, Forever YES but i wonder if the questions why? Cow's milk why?
Speaker 4: Cow's milk as opposed to, the goat, the.
Speaker 5: Diarmond garmond or. The oat the.
Speaker 4: Almond always gave lots.
Speaker 5: Of milk, oh yes and the oat. As well, you know people ask why is it? So expensive so have you ever seen a? Milking machine for? Those things no cost a. Fortune microsurgery humans have consumed dairy products, from cows sheep and goes for at least at least ten.
Speaker 4: Thousand years the first archaeological evidence goes back To The neolithic age EIGHT, thousand bc which indicates that milk was consumed in the Places, Like Europe, Middle, east Africa. In asia there, You go so it goes back a long, long time the origins. Of milk why was the first? Cow milked and ware as early as, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: That, long ago that, long ago way.
Speaker 1: WAY back.
Speaker 5: I, remember, it well how to milk?
Speaker 4: A cow you're looking at some of the really weird sites that we're not allowed to. Look at how to milk? A cow do we need to? See that on? THE screening a brief history of milk. Homestead homesteading most archaeologists believe the cheese was first discovered when milk was stored carried to the stomach of. The, ANIMAL.
Speaker 5: Well, i mean you wonder about a lot of the foods and things and how it came about things like. Even chocolate how did they figure out that you needed to, do this that and the other to the co to, create chocolate or, you know how did they figure out coffee was much better when you wacked some hot order on it and that type. Of thing it's really quite extraordinary how we've ended up where we've.
Speaker 4: Ended Up So daniel peter is, from memory was the story who sort of all but invented or created what YOU and i know and love is milk chocolate and the legend and He, was switzerland a country without a single homegrown, coc bean would become the first place for that. To happen Yes, in, switzerland yes but surprisingly one man from a. Small village his Name Was. Daniel, peter today most chocolate companies produced various types milk, Choking bars but do you know the idea of milk chocolate belongs to, One Man. Daniel peter candy lovers have an Opportunity Cabre, Dairy, Milk Milk Dave, chocolate bar and the list goes on all those.
Speaker 5: YEARS ago, i mean that's, a topic isn't it one's? Favorite?
Speaker 4: Chocolate now do you remember as? A KID and i wrote this down over the weekend because it came up as. A conversation did you have a haul cupboard when you growing up?
Speaker 5: At home a, whole cupboard a?
Speaker 4: Hall, cabin no you didn't have a.
Speaker 2: Hall cabin we.
Speaker 5: Didn't have a. Whole cupboard what do?
Speaker 22: We?
Speaker 5: Put what what was in your?
Speaker 4: Whole, cover well that's that's Exactly what i've written there.
Speaker 5: There, You go so what what what was in the?
Speaker 4: Hall?
Speaker 5: Caboard okay so in our?
Speaker 4: HALL cupboard a lot proud. Of, this.
Speaker 5: Well you were locked in there at.
Speaker 4: Various times but it was even it was even worse than that that it was often referred to as the, chemist.
Speaker 5: Shop the chemist shop where medications.
Speaker 4: Were kept, oh okay so it was just, you know it's in the chemist's chemist's, cabind right which was a hall cupboard down the back near the bathroom before you would turn off to bedrooms. Either side around that time and in there were Things like valiant Okay and affiliate that are sorted of drugs back in?
Speaker 5: Those, days okay WHO dare?
Speaker 4: I ask?
Speaker 5: Who? Was okay?
Speaker 4: And So and i've taken this up, with People including, jill QUICKLY and i would talk. About this where were why were those things so readily prescribed.
Speaker 5: In, The, day well because we didn't know all of the long, term effects and they were miracle drugs back in, THE day, i think and especially for four post sixties when valium probably one of the, early ones was it even fifties, so, posting yeah we post war, for sure and so people who, couldn't sleep people WHO had, i mean valium is a, muscle relaxant so for those with spasm in muscles, and things it was and pain it. Was huge but it is very addictive and also it reaches a point very quickly where you become adapted. To it your body becomes adapted, to it and so you don't it doesn't work the way that, it worked and then you have to up the dose and up the dose and up, the dose and that's where a lot of the problems start.
Speaker 4: To arise and the other thing that was all intriguing about that is where, the chemist, excuse me doctor would prescribe them chemists would then have a, my recollection is a kid not much probably YOUNGER than i was at, the time that would deliver, These, things.
Speaker 5: Yes on a bike on, A, Bike YES and i think that's until VERY recent i think kids were still, After school we're delivering stuff on there so.
Speaker 4: They get a. Little fee they'd love it there after school in the three point thirty worked through until six delivering these. Potent, drugs yes around the Suburbs. Of, AUSTRALIA yes i think it's bizarre when you think about, it now that's.
Speaker 5: A very up until, VERY recently i think that's been.
Speaker 4: A thing and do you think that the baddies, can, go oh there's there's a kid's got to have a lot of drugs on. His bike or.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe it was not quite as sinister. As that back in the day we were a bit simpler and so people were left to their own devices a. Bit more because he didn't care, About it you didn't hear it was a thing that, you know poor some poor kid got knocked off their bike and the. Drugs taken so, you know someone now has a stash of becks that that they Didn't have.
Speaker 4: Stasha Becks vincent's Vincent's powders, ford, pill, disprone disperine all of. Those pills. That's funny so the question that we have for, YOU is i forgot what the question was there the history. Of milk now we sort of probably. Covered, that really we think some of those, things, that yes hopefully we helped that. The caller we'll do this when we. COME back a couple of calls before the serial. That's next so we had the.
Speaker 5: Other, one was as you, pointed Out, Was, mogadon Mogadon a Valium And.
Speaker 4: Sarah, pak yes they. Were all they were. The three and so the QUESTION that i always had, for people why were they, being? Described? Prescribed PRESCRIBED would i, say, described, yes prescribed forgive? Me prescribed why were they? Being prescribed and how were they? Delivered by quite often young kids coming From a but there we have Got the jay c Who Says East brighton pharmacy still has delivery kids in. The afternoon there. You GO and i worked THERE when i, Was, twelve yes so maybe there is still some of those delivery old.
Speaker 5: School things there's still some of the old school pharmacies and, things around, you know the old apothecary styles with wooden panels and all of that type. Of thing what did?
Speaker 4: Mogodon do it was a it was a.
Speaker 5: Nerve, relaxant yeah it was, a tranquilizer a valium much. As well it's a. Muscle relaxant but because it relaxes, the muscles it it sort of settles. You down mogodon. The same, they're, all yeah what.
Speaker 4: Was what was going on in?
Speaker 5: THE well i, don't know did you what did your milk taste a bit funny before you went? Into bed do you think a little thing floating around the around the round the top? Of it my brother and you're talking about do you recall sleeping very well as? A child tony still do?
Speaker 4: Pretty well there, You, Go, sandra hello.
Speaker 20: Good morning i'm a little bit, of subject not at allso that chicken man think is that could ever get?
Speaker 29: Bird?
Speaker 5: FLU well i think there are a few people that hope that it does get terminal. Bird flu did you mention That?
Speaker 8: To?
Speaker 4: JAY no. I didn't ja that's what die.
Speaker 20: And that but, up here what? Is happening the kangaroos, are, rampant yes starving road kill Yep. IN hope i was talking to the Farm at hopeland the, other day they're even in. The cemetery it is.
Speaker 5: So, Sad yes i've been hearing stories all over the place because of course with, the drought that the kangaroos are moving where they wouldn't, otherwise go and, in towns and people are still watering gardens and there is water around that they're definitely moving in. Towards towns and the grass that's growing by the side of, the roads and there are many men animals that are getting hit by cars at. The moment it's.
Speaker 20: So sad and this is a little bit of sort. Of, trivia yesterday what's? The day what's?
Speaker 2: The?
Speaker 20: Day monday.
Speaker 5: Monday, mon yeah we often. Wonder ourselves have.
Speaker 20: You ever Heard Of?
Speaker 5: Mystic park miss just, remind Us.
Speaker 4: Sir sandra It's.
Speaker 20: Between lake boga and karrang up here Right. Northwestern, victoria yeah it's a tiny little off off. The highway and we went out to our seventieth, birthday party which was a high tea. And cocktails, MY god i have never ever ever seen food or hospitality. Like that there'd be about five houses out there and. This hotel it.
Speaker 13: Was amazing i've never heard.
Speaker 4: Of it so this Is in victoria In The murray valley In between krang And.
Speaker 20: Swan, hill, well yeah We've Got, swan, hill yes then we're coming Down To. Lake boga then We've Got mystic park, As such kerrang and then you're on your Way. To bendigo that's the.
Speaker 4: One there it looks don't it, Look Gorgeous mistic? Park beautiful it was A high oh.
Speaker 20: It WAS and i mean this isn't an ad. For them they don't know me or nothing that, you know how something still stays in.
Speaker 5: Your, mind yes, of course well yeah it.
Speaker 20: Was fantastic and was.
Speaker 5: That at the hotel THERE because I think i just saw a little article come through that they're looking for, new owners that the hotel's up.
Speaker 4: For, SALE oh i.
Speaker 20: Don't know we went out there because it was pouring rain and you sort of got out and.
Speaker 29: Ran IN but i.
Speaker 20: Don't know it was cup sauces and plates That was it. Was amazing but and so was. THE hostess i don't know whether she worked there or owned. The place, but, YEAH no i didn't know what. Was UP so i didn't see any signs.
Speaker 5: At their website they're saying they're looking for their. Next OWNERS so i know this is. Trivia better, oh yeah well we're all we're.
Speaker 4: ABOUT trivia i was, just, thinking.
Speaker 5: Yes well don you thank you.
Speaker 4: For that it's always good to talk. To You, Sandra david good.
Speaker 5: Morning, again hello good.
Speaker 11: Morning GENTLEMEN am i on you?
Speaker 4: Are no? Go ahead call it? Go ahead you Talking to tony?
Speaker 11: Go, ahead well good.
Speaker 35: Morning gentlemen well done sand you with the. Bird, FLU yes i would SAVE the i would save the.
Speaker 7: Hospital system a lot.
Speaker 35: Of MONEY and i just to simple using year for chicken man.
Speaker 4: With caves so.
Speaker 5: Very divisive, you know maybe it's a good opportunity for you to go and put. The KETTALOG when i was.
Speaker 35: A kid i did a chemist and used used to deliver medicine tourses. Of people that's just.
Speaker 7: The way things.
Speaker 5: WERE done, i, mean yes it was an.
Speaker 7: Innocent world but nothing.
Speaker 35: Went wrong just, things.
Speaker 5: Happened, Honestly yes, AND kids i mean kids selling newspapers on.
Speaker 3: The streets there was no.
Speaker 7: Dishonest, you yeah and you.
Speaker 5: Do that and kids would do A paper you could do a paper run in. The morning you'd get up and, oh my got a clock on your bike and throw the newspapers over. The fence it was and that.
Speaker 4: Was straight it was a good way to make it quid With The progress press back in the day you Deliver The progress press once. A, week yes dollar. Five happens bag the dollar and save the. Five, cents yes that was a.
Speaker 35: Tip for, the lollies because you know you could get one hundred and fifty different sorts of lollies. Two cents rember in.
Speaker 5: The milk bars would have a glass cabinet with all the boxes, of everything and you'd have one, of these one cent worth of these and two cents worth of that.
Speaker 35: Gorgeous cobbers they must have had strong, nervous yes because reminded of me of a brilliant Skit From. Kingswood, country yes an. AMAZING skit i forgot the name of. The comedian he's really a really. Fabulous GUY him a cup Of coffee ross and that, doesn't matter, yeas anyway a cup.
Speaker 7: Of coffee he.
Speaker 35: Played ted, he says, He says i'd like water with the two otherwise it's a, bit dry it.
Speaker 5: Would be it's. Very funny it's.
Speaker 4: A classic maybe maybe you can.
Speaker 7: Find that it, was very.
Speaker 4: Very funny it's a. Nice, piece david we've Got the are you happy with? The? Cereal yeah.
Speaker 35: THE cereals i just like the BAND pay i think you do doing a great, job tonight so will it been a lot.
Speaker 4: Of fun that's very kind, of you. Very kind all, right mate we'll talk to you. Again soon. Thank you that means we love you and.
Speaker 23: Leave.
Speaker 5: You yes over and now you're going to be here. NEXT week i will be here next week. Sometime definitely but you don't know. WHICH day i don't know which.
Speaker 4: To DAY because I get i get text, Saying winsday nathan going to.
Speaker 11: Be, here, YEAH yeah i.
Speaker 5: LIKE to i owe people money.
Speaker 4: Or, Something well i'm. Not sure thank you for being part. OF it A happy, King's, birthday yes and, to you we'll. Talk soon these, TODAY yeah i. THINK so i get Good any thank you