Speaker 1: Yesterday. Thanks for listening in here until one o'clock today with Perth today. Thanks to Blackers and Carl and the hard working Brecky team. I'd love to hear from you one double three A datty two if you want to give us a call. Today hasn't really started raining yet, has it. We spoke about this on Friday where we were catastrophizing the amount of rain we were going to get over this weekend. But apparently today's today, so and I get a general sense that today's a day where people are doing day trips rather than long trips down south. I could be wrong, but I reckon people are going to places like more River Mandar and where Mandra those nice little two three hour kind of trips for people. I get. That's the impression I get. I could be wrong, But if you're out and about today, let us know it is WA day today and we'll have a yes, no question about wa being the best place to live in the world. In just a second on the program, you can set in Texas today as well. Zero four eight seven, triple nine A doaty two. We do have Rita Safiotti on the program in just a moment talking about wa day. But there's a few news stories around as well, which I reckon we can ask Rita Safioti about. I wanted to ask you about bear knuckle fighting, So we've covered the story a couple of times on the show. The bar Knuckle Fighting Championship is apparently coming to Perth. If you go and look at the Bear Knuckle Fighting Championship website, the Australian event is still listed on there, so the organizers think it's coming here, but you can't buy tickets as yet. So it's on the nineteenth of July and we're not sure where, and that's in forty seven days time. So we have spoken to Rita Safioti and the AMA about this number of times. And of course it was our colleague Jamie Burnett who first discovered the story when he spotted that David Templeman, the former Sports Minister, had allowed BKFC onto the Combat Sports Register. Anyway, Basil Zemplus, the opposition leader, had this to say about bear knuckle Fighting yesterday.
Speaker 2: If the Premiere can organize a Perth based rugby team, can build a racetrack, then the least is should be able to do is ban bare knuckle fighting shows some leadership premiere and get it done. The Premier of Western Australia has within his powers to do what he thinks is necessary to keep the community safe and to uphold community expectations.
Speaker 1: It is very clear that.
Speaker 2: Bare knuckle fighting organized bare knuckle fighting two men in a ring with no gloves boxing on with their bear fist is not acceptable in our community and the Premier should step forward and ban it.
Speaker 1: So that was basil yesterday and you know, I know Meredith Hammett, the Health Minister, was out on Saturday night as well talking about it. So this is our understanding here on the show. We did ask Rita about this last week. So Rita told us that she has met with Bob Kachera who's the chair of the Sports Commission, of the Combat Sports Commission, and I think Anthony Grover, who is one of the reps. Groves is the CEO or the administrator of the Combat Sports Commission. And we asked Reta on the twenty seventh of May, would she have veto of the event? Is it her say have a listen. You mentioned potential for a veto from yourself. Do you think you need to exercise that.
Speaker 3: Not at this stage, as I said, the Combat Sports Commissions have gone through and identified a number of safeguards and mechanisms to make it as safe as possible, and they've been working through that and they seem very very rigorous.
Speaker 1: So that's Readasafioti last week talking to us, so he seems to be happy with the processes. You know, the Combat Sports Commission can endorse and support and allow the event. But bas Will still pretty fired up and he said it's up to the Premier. I get a general sense that it's up to the minister, who's also the Deputy Premier. But as I say, it is advertised on the website BKFC Australia think it's on, but you can't buy tickets yet, so there's still a ways to go. It's forty seven days away. Readers on the program in just a moment and we will ask her. I think it's down to her potentially not the Premier, as Basil is saying, what do you think one double three eight at to it's a holiday Monday. Love to hear from you if you're out and about today. We have a yes no question for you on WWOOD on WA day.
Speaker 4: Right, let's clear this up once and for.
Speaker 1: All yes, no, yes, no, wherever you are listening on the app, driving around, listening at a home out in the shed, is w A the best place to live in the world. Is w A the best place to live in the world? Is wa the best place to live in the world? Thank you to Jeremy Clarks And then yes or no? And potentially why why is it a good place to live? Here's a couple of reasons from us from our little team. We've got the longest wood wooden jetty in the world. We've got the longest fringing reef in the world. Help me along his zeid. We've got the biggest life of mine in the world world, probably the most understated bell tower in the world, in the world, best sunsets the world, longest urban sprawl in the world, longest timber jeddi in the world. All right, there's some of the things that we've got in Western Australia's probably got the most number of animals that look like rats but aren't rats in the world, and the only place to use the word bundi's in the world the world, he said, So yeah, listen, give us a shout today. Why is it the best place to live in the world Western Australia and yes or no? I think most of us would be a yes. I'd love to hear from you today. Our call of the day today will win the Ultimate Family Pizza Night all thanks to Home Slice Cafe and Pizza Bar. They're in Mindari. You can enjoy two pieces of garlic bread and your choice is softering, either to enjoy in house or pick up. Home Slice is a newly opened pizza bar in Mindari and it's owned by operated by a local twenty three year old lad called Liam. Extensive menu, artisan pizzas, all of the above. Home Slice in Mindari Phoenix Takeaway Night. But that's our prize for today. One at Double three hated It two is wa the best place to live in the world? Yes or no? Chris says no, it's got Ruda safiod in it. Now, come on, Chris. One Double three A two is at the best place to live in the world. This one here from Nathan, Hello Nathan on this holiday Monday. What's the difference between having the UFC kind of perth versus bare knuckle boxing A beer fist to someone's heads seen less brutal than a knee to the face or a head kick as you'll get in the UFC. Very good point, Nathan, A very good point. The what do I think UFC wrestling, grappling, choking throws, you know, all of the all the mixed martial arts. Bare knuckle boxing is just that trying to knock someone out on you with you with your bare fist. Is w A the best place in the world to live? We've got one. No, Are you a yes, seb I think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've never lived anywhere else, so I think it.
Speaker 1: Is the best place. Is the best place in the world. I'm a yes. I can't speak for Anne and Lindsey. Yeah, we'll take your your thoughts on that. We've got the most most large trucks on suburban roads at peak hour. Thank you, Terry. Yeah, happy w A day, says me. Thank you, Mi, good on you. What time the shops open today? Please? I don't know. Lisa eleven all right, No, just relax and listen to the radio. Lisa, what sort of shop afterwards? What sort of sho the I gas have we open? Lisa? And all the Petxel stations, all the seven eleven's, No, says Jeff South Australia. South Australia has the Barossa. So what so we've got maybe've got the Swan Valley, got mate River Bickley Valley one double three E two. Today is the do we live in the best best place in the world? Cliff says no, not with Labour's tax laws coming in so a lot of people. A few people say no, be grumpy with the government. Yeah, thanks for your thoughts today. Rita Safiode will join us in the program. On the program in just a moment, is w A the best place to live in the world? Strangely the nose of four and the yeses of four. We will come back in just a set. Thank you for listening. Quarter past night. Lisa sms as earlier to ask if the shops are open.
Speaker 6: They are.
Speaker 1: I've just looked at my local Woolies and Warwick. It's open, open at nine o'clock closing at six. It's the best place to live in the world. Isn't it that? The yeses are eight, the nose nine. Aileen, the voice of reasons is happy Wada, Simon, Yes, Wa is the best place in the world for me. Came here for one year, forty three years ago and I'm still here exclamation mark. Sally says best place in the world to live. Woolies is open just being so I can enjoying my WA day. Thank you Sally from Wa. No worse drivers in the world, No from me. We've got cooking his crony says Don. It's amazing how many of our listeners don't like living here because of the government who were voted in back him with a massive majority. Jared from the stadium tri Club, Hello, Jared, just back for three weeks in Europe. WA's hands down the best place to live, accommodating, pursuing, psyching, running great where the good people. Thanks Jared. Nice to hear from you made one double three A eighty two is the number what to be up to s yeses and the nose are nine. So people do enjoy living here. A little bit of correspondence on the bare knuckle fighting sesh I best place to live, except if we bring bare knuckle boxing. My suggestion is to turn Parliament House into bare knuckle boxing. Do you think that's going to happen? So about you?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think any like that sort of stuff that the Polies do. Brain damage to each other, says Suresh not condoning that, but I understand the tongue in cheekdness. Siesh, Yeah, it's not. It looks this is one's really up in the air. So Basil thinks the Premier will have the final say and can intervene. It's our understanding that Rita can have veto as the sports Minister as well. But it's on the BKFC website. They think it's going to happen. Chris, he says, yes, it's the best place to live in the world, but the weather forecasts are no good. Many people didn't make plans are supposed to be big great in storms. Yeah, there was some catastrophizing on Friday, wasn't there. Kylie says, Happy wa Day Monday. Simon, thank you, Kylie. Yes, absolute best place to live. I could talk all day about the reasons. Why is it the best place to live? Andrew says, yeah, morning, boys and girls, I'm going to say no, there's probably top ten, plenty of other better place in Australia live South Coast, New South Wales, Marimbula. Thanks Andrew, thanks for your thoughts joining us on the show. Now is reader Safyotti, Deputy Premier, Transport Minister, Sports Minister, Treasurer. Of course, gid Arita, thanks for talking to us morning, Simon.
Speaker 7: How are you going good?
Speaker 1: Thank you. We've got a yes no poll today? Is Wa the best place to live in the world?
Speaker 8: Nice to say yes to that.
Speaker 1: You're yes. Why what do you like about it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: Look, I just think our incredible lifestyle and the ability to be able to get a great job but also to live in what is an incredible lifestyle. So we don't have many of the challenges other places have in relation to things like toll roads and the level of congestion some other cities have, and our state is beautiful, so I just think it is a combination. And when you talk to people who come and move to the state or visit, it's a great place to raise a family too, So I do think in particularly if you've got kids, it's a great place.
Speaker 1: What is What do you do today with yours your little gain?
Speaker 9: Oh well, we're just talking about that because I'm working. I've got a bit of work on today, so I'm working a bit today, but I probably just would.
Speaker 10: Probably go out for a bike, quiet ride or walk.
Speaker 9: Around a park. Somewhere today. I think might go and visit my mother in a nursing home. But that's pretty low key normally. Of course, we have the festivities out and my kids were asking as I walked out, just now we got the big Wada celebrations, and I said, no, it's been moved because of the weather. But I do say the weather's looking pretty good at the moment, so I do understand the storms are coming in this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, there's I think there's a bit down up freeo.
Speaker 9: But as you say it, yeah, sorry, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We've been we've been catastrophizing about the rain since Friday. I think, reader, reader, what just a couple of things, if I may, we have We've seen a twenty four year old woman charged with dangerous driving grievous bodily harm on from Saturday for an eat scooter crash in the city on the corner of Murray and King. Is that coming across your desk you worried about each East scooters and then being a bit swooped up and being badly driven.
Speaker 9: Well, look, yeah, it's an issue that is raised for me.
Speaker 11: Of course.
Speaker 9: It's more with re sweet Bears, Minister for Road safety, but as Minister for Transport, it is something that's worrying, that worries me in particular in relation to if there's been any modifications to the East scooters and the fact that honestly you just don't want pedestrian's being hit by East scooters. It's terrible and my thoughts are with the person that's now in hospital. So it's something that will continue to look at. Compliance, maybe something we need to increase, in particular in these types of clashes because pedestrians should be able to walk on paths safely.
Speaker 1: We spoke to Areta it was a reta sorry, a retailer on Friday, and she said she's aware that your customers say, look, if you don't see it up for us, we're not going to buy it. We're going to buy it somewhere else. And although this, although this is a woman who was charged on Saturday night, seems to be a lot of young blokes saying that to retailers. Have you heard that.
Speaker 9: I haven't heard that directly, but I understand that in some instances I've heard at third hand. But look, we're happy to have a look at this issue more specifically because you know, look East scooter is controversial at the time, but it was happening anyway, so we brought in a whole range of regulations. But it appears, of course some people are abusing those rules and those regulations, and we need to make sure that maybe our compliance activity is increased to prevent to try and prevent these things happening.
Speaker 1: BKFC, if I can change years, BKFC Beatical Fighting Championships are advertising on their website, Minister that they will be in Perth on July the nineteenth, that's forty seven days away. Is it going ahead? Do you think?
Speaker 9: Well, it's going The event has to be sanctioned by the Combat Sports Commission. So there's two stages of this. This was first whether the sport can be allowed in the state, and that was something that has been signed off by the previous Minister signed off, so the.
Speaker 11: Sport is allowed.
Speaker 9: And then there's the actual event, and so what the proponents have to do is put forward to the Combat Sports Commission what is involved, and then the Commission either approves or doesn't approve it. As I understand this often happens with these types of activity, is that they start promoting while they're still trying to secure the approval the commission.
Speaker 1: So I think Bob Kultures the chair. Last time I spoke, you said you'd met with him and Anthony Grover and some other other people from the commission. It's a nine person commission. Can you or the Premier still exercise of leader and are you is it? I mean, given the look of the sport and what it actually involves, is it something that you're comfortable with having here?
Speaker 9: Well, I think the Premier used these words and it's probably the words that I'll use. It's not my cup of tea. But similar to the discussion and the debate around cage fighting, all the Octagon, MMA and UFC, the similar arguments were put forward and at that time we as a government allowed, of course the Octagon to come back to w or to come to WA and now we are very much big supporters of UFC and we have a welshweight champion and Jack So these same discussions we had, or as mister for sport, I take advice from the experts, and the experts from a government perspective, is a combat Sports Commission.
Speaker 11: Who have a look at the sport, look at.
Speaker 9: What's happening around the world, have a look at the types of regulations you need to make sure it's as safe as as possible, and that's what they've done. And so they've stipulated a number of key regulations about, for example, the experience of the fighters, some other regulations about medical practitioners being on site and bringside. So I take advice from the Combat Sports Commission, and the advice is that they believe with the level of regulations they've imposed that it can be undertaken safely in wa and that's the advice that I'm sticking to.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is any of the criteria where they assess an event to come to perth, is any of that community feedback or community opposition? And would you consider that is community opposition to an event the fact that you or mister Cook would take into a consideration, Well, there's.
Speaker 9: A lot of people that don't like combat sports, I'd say that, and so these types of events aren't to everyone's liking. I understand that, you know. So, But in relation to this, it's really about making sure that the sport can be regulated. And the other point, and I think it's the point that the premiers made and other ministers are made that if you don't regulate, then things go underground and it's much less safe for the competitors. So this is something as I said, you know, I've gone and looked at what's happened around the world. It does happen in other places around the world. But all I can do is take the advice of the board and a team that's been appointed to give me this advice.
Speaker 11: And as I said, this is the.
Speaker 9: Same I mean, I remember just a few years ago talking about UFC, and some of the same accusations made against this event were made against UFC. So I take the advice of the Combat Sports Permission seriously. They've gone in, They've created some additional regulations in relations to safety. As I said, it's now up to the promoter of the event to make sure they satisfy all the regulations and rules that the Combat Sports Commission have put in place, and that's the work that has to happen.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: Just one final one, if I can, Minister. We have been reading the last few days that we could have up to three point eight percent increase in our utilities and that you know, I guess that broadly means water, gas, electricity. How does that is that against sort of flying the face of what you said during election campaign that will look after people and the increased cost of living, all those reports are wrong.
Speaker 9: We made a commitment to increase the basket of house of fees and charges less than this CPI and that's what we'll deliver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, and any sweetness, any little that you might be how to give us a little heads up on for Battler's you know the electricity rebates and the like in the Bible.
Speaker 9: Well, I will say one thing is it currently that the Student Assistants payment's being rolled out. So we've had one hundreds of thousands of applications. So the student assistance payment, which is really a unique payment helping families.
Speaker 8: Support their kids at school's being rolled out.
Speaker 9: So I urge anyone that hasn't applied and has children primary or high school to apply for that student's assistant payment as the applications open in term two and so that's been rolled out, and in relation to other issues, I'll leave that to Budget Day.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the chat today. Back to where we started, Yes, no is WA the best place to live? The yeses at nineteen and those or eleven. So we're at this stage. It's a good place to live, according to our listeners, or the best place to live. Thanks for chatting to us today. She's gone, Reading's gone help us nine. I guess you know. Optically UFC involves more technical skill. I imagine they're throwing this, wrestling, the grappling. There's all judo, all boxing, kickboxing, MMA, Brazilian jiu jitsu, all of that goes into UFC, So broadly, I think it's more technical. Bare knuckle boxing is just trying to smash someone's head in with your bare fists, isn't it. So what do you think, listeners? I probably won't go and see it. But is Reader and the government right to leave it to the Combat Sports Commission? And you know, and Basil raises a good point. If the premier wants to tap Reader on the shoulder and go I don't like this, we shouldn't have this here, there probably is a mechanism for him to do that via cabinet processes. What do you reckon? One? Double three eight y two? Joe Enn's phone in, Hi Joad, good morning.
Speaker 13: Silent happy waj sinon. Do you want me to turn my radio down?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 13: Okay? Very quickly, Silent gave the templeman, who's always been an absolute joke. He's got a lot to answer for now. As far as as sorry, silence, as far as the retail, she can sugarcoat it, how it likes, how she likes. The bottom line is it's violence. Instead of doing whatever they can to avoid the violence, they're promoting it. And lastly, why isn't she taking her advice from the medical people?
Speaker 1: Thanks you, yeah, thanks jo Ano. Yeah. The AMA don't like it, do they? And you're right. I've just I've got a list here of who is on the Combat Sports I'll come back. I've got a list who's on the board of the Combat Sports Commission. I think all the factors being raised by the AMA, by members of the community, and by missus Zemblis are legitimate. We're trying to stamp out violence in our community. Does does two blokes whacking each other in the heading in a ring? Does that impact on the community? Does it flow into the community. I don't know if there's a lot of data around about that, and I do get a lot of correspondence that look UFC codes. You know, the crowds are pretty good and the like I do remember way way back in the day when they were boxing fights on with long undercards, and you know, pub patrons watching an undercard for seven hours the pub car park could get pretty unruly. I do remember that specifically happening at the gate years and years and years ago. I'll come back in just a moment's w The best place to live in the world of Yeses are twenty four the Nosery eleven back in a sec.
Speaker 14: Unfortunately, reports of a crash. Iron Road is city bound at Archer Street in a Carlisle. The right lane is blocked. There no entry to Archer Street from Iron Road to eastbound. Instant response, police and Defense are all on site, their motors and first responders are out.
Speaker 6: Of their vehicles.
Speaker 14: Traffic is heavy on approach, so just avoid the area if you can. I'm seb Clik and Perth traffic lead to six.
Speaker 1: Pr Wada folks, So I hope you're having a good time wherever you are. I get a general sense it's a day for day trips, so beautiful mandra dwelling up perhaps Mundaring where people heading out for day trips today. I think I could be wrong. I could be wrong. You might be heading back from down south. Darren says so yes, no question today, Sebbi, is WA the best place to live in the world? Thank you, Sebbi are the Yester twenty eight The Nose A thirteen. I've never lived anywhere but pursus Patrick, I would expect other place in order to be as good as better. So I'll say no, it's my family that makes the best place for me. Now, Wonderble three two. WA is not the best place in the world. It's a no for me. Thank you, Chris, Thank you Chris. I'll put you down in the nose, but I probably need a bit more of an explanation from you. Turn my radio down. Lady Joe on Fire says MJ. Thank you, MJ. She was MJ. She's always on fire. Jones in a permanent state of being on fire. Reckon Phillips says, yes, I love it. The w is the best place to live without doubt. Ken from Southern Rivert good on your Ken. Yes, yes, yes, but quite a few people worry about the place because of the government. I've got a lot of this coming in today. Is that an issue for you? Do you feel like you need to move because of the government. We voted them in in big number. It's her own fault. M says wa best place to live, Yes, yes, yes, haven't been out of the plus state since the twenty nineteen AFL Grand Final. Crystal says, don't we have enough violence as it is in society? Seriously, the idea this is a sport where regulated is a nonsense. It's a yes from John. Good on you, John, keep the correspondence coming in. You would have heard on with Blackers and Carl this morning that our median house price has just surpass Melbourne here in Perth and median median house price has just compast Melbourne for the first time forever, which means, given there's a shortage of supply in stock, which means we're doing a lot of renovations. We'll talk to Matt Body from five Homes in just a moment on the program. Gooday, Jerry, oh good aboe.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Just a quick comment made about the Bannackle thing and Rita Saviotti. I think she doesn't listen to anybody, it doesn't matter what advice she's given. And the very word combat commission, well you think about a combat commission that they don't think they've got much of a brain between them. But your thing is to it also will attract unsavory characters that will come to this event as well into the state, et cetera. And I think it'll also be a drug PUSH's haven as well. Thanks Simon, Thanks Jerry.
Speaker 1: That's a lot the Commission. The Combat Sports Commission has been around for a number of years. In fact, when I worked at Department's Sport and Reck way way back, it was there.
Speaker 17: Then.
Speaker 1: They've got nine members. Chairperson who's Bolka chaer currently. A member represents contestants in the sport of boxing. A member with industry experience of the support of boxing. A member who represents contestants in combat sports other than boxing. A member with knowledge of combat sports other than boxing. A member with knowledge of the combat sport known as mixed martial arts. A member who is a medical practitioner with knowledge of combat sports injuries. Someone from the cops, a member appointed by the Commissioner of Police. A member who represents the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries. And I do believe that person is a number formerly number fourteen from the Frio dockers in Anthony Grover, who's a fine feller. One double three AH two is the phone number. You would have heard the story this morning. So we've gone past Melbourne in terms of our median home price, which is astonishing. But when last week when we spoke to the guys for the Master Builders and also from Summitt Homes, we were told that reno's are absolutely flying along. Matt Body is our man from five Homes Renovation Builders. Kid a, Matthew, how are you good, bowie? How are you going very well? So you're busy?
Speaker 18: Yes, extremely, yeah, extraordinary. It seems it's out of all this time and year to be this busy.
Speaker 1: Really yeah. So this on this holiday Monday, mate, when people are will they be doing doing renovations themselves or getting guys like you and builders and chippies and people to come in to extend their homes. It's you know, if you're thinking of buying another house, it's probably a lot less expensive to renovate, isn't it.
Speaker 18: Well it is, and I think it's I mean, most people are budget consciously these days. But it's also the fact that it's the timeframe sort of thing. I think if you go to buy a brand new home, or you're going to build a whole new home, it's a time frame on that at the moment, which is, you know, it's been pushed out from eight months out to well over twelve months now, So I think a lot of people are thinking, well, well, I don't want to waste that time. Let's renovate our home that we're in and we can do it at our own timeframe. So whether that's do a bath room first and then we'll do something else next, I think that's where people were starting to think. So, yeah, renovations are going through the roofs a little bit at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't have to pay stamp duty either for correct for a new joint or get a loan. Hey, Matte, what are you doing? You're putting new rooms on second floors on what's your what's your people doing?
Speaker 18: From our from our point of view, Yeah, we're doing a lot of extensions off the back of homes, extending the extra rooms, making family and living areas a lot larger so they can accommodate that, adding extra bedrooms. So obviously people are staying a little bit longer, kids are staying longer at home, so we're doing a lot of that. But I'm also saying, like a lot of my guys are going to work on other homes where people are just doing bathrooms, a couple of kitchens and just freshening the place up just to make them feel comfortable without it.
Speaker 19: So there's a lot of that.
Speaker 18: Going on as well. And I think the society at the moment, I think people are loving the fact that they can, they can go out and do it and have a go at it. So I think that's That's another thing. You watch social media, you see other people doing it online, so you know everyone's going, I'll give it a crack, which is fantastic. It's great for our industry. It's great for trades. It's poor for me because trades are hard to get at the moment. Again they've got busy, so but yeah, it's fantastic to say, yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, hey Matte, really good to talk to you. We'll see if our listeners are renovating at the moment. Thank you mate, beautiful Thanks Bowie pe Yeah you too, mate. Matt Body contestant from the Block of course back in it was twenty nineteen from memory, but the from five Homes Renovation Builders, our resident expert on renovations, building and DIY Matt Body so the prop track home price index, which does sometimes differ from what we were saying slightly A medium value of homes in per seven hundred and eighty seven thousand bucks. I remember when it passed five hundred thousand, probably know ten years ago, maybe seven eighty seven thousand, which and that's Melbourne is seven eighty two thousand, So we've gone past Melbourne, which means that people are renovating. Are you renovating your home at the moment in why one double three eighty two? Are you renovating your home? And is it because buying a new home or building a new place is two time consuming and too expensive? Bill? Thank you for calling.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've just got a few words from Safar. I've read once that you said every Italian growing up here was in love with Mario Milano, the wrestler. Well i've seen him.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Well when I was a boy I left Cornwall were young. It's pretty big there that the women, yeah, Doc Martin, Yeah, the lady's maid and my mother because of Disney and all that. But why don't they give.
Speaker 7: You a few?
Speaker 15: But there's one part in Britain. Well, they've changed world soccer and there's been a few riots. Lately there was the one over Eastern Italian team got beaten in France, but they changed English football in Liverpool because up there they got bearing on boxing and they also had the Liverpool Kiss and they all had Irish names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, thanks Bill, what's going on there? One double three eight d two is the is the phone on? You'd like to ring in? You can one double three eight eighty two. I think they've got a bit big on, Bill, because we say, is w A the best place to live in the world? The yeses are thirty three the nose of Fourteen'd love to hear from you today. If you're on a day trip somewhere, let us know where you are. Are you in dwelling up? Are you in I don't know, Mandra perhaps maybe Collie down in? Maybe at Maundering? Where are you somewhere somewhere that's half a day away having a day trip today? One double three eight d two. It's fifteen and a half minutes to ten o'clock. This is perthday. I'm Simon Beaumont. Obie says. This person's Safiote, that's reader. Safioddy continues to show no interest in how these violent fighting events affect the community, has a total disregard the fact that government, in the first instance has responsibility to keep community safe. Thank you, ob Peter says. The infamous Conor McGregor is a part owner of BKFC. Yeah, I've seen presenting Beltz Peter and some of the vision I saw this morning won double three eight eight two. This diece says Simon. I love w it's the best exclamation marks. I don't like what the government is doing, but I wouldn't live anywhere else beach. His sunset the best. Don't agree with his beer fist fighting. It's encouraging violence. We have enough here as it is. Nearly every day there is something happy. W a day. Thank you, love your comments. Lots of people essay missing us today. Good ay John? Oh hello hello John.
Speaker 21: That's that's fine question. You don't hear me.
Speaker 1: Yes, Ken, with.
Speaker 21: The Roman gladiators at that time, if they would have had two doctors there to watch to see if the guy was butchered it up, do you think that would have been acceptable to people?
Speaker 1: Then that's that's a really good point. Yeah, there were no doctors at the colisseum Mate where they when the Lions came in I.
Speaker 21: Don't think so, no, and we find that that particular practice being barbaric. I can't see the difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks mate, And that you know it is bracket creep too. It's an in cremental bit of bracket creep here, isn't it? With the social standards that's you know. I think the opening the door to UFC meant that other sports like this would were a possibility in our state. Brian says, Does it mean a fistfight outside a pub is okay now because the government now classes it as a legal sport? Brian, I reckon the technical argument there is it's not in a ring, and it doesn't have a doctor, and it doesn't have rules and rounds and all that sort of thing. But I take your point, Mick and bickten Today, Mick, we've been going to do an extra bedroom and on suite and on suite had quotes of ninety thousand to two hundred and two thousand. Tralli's hourly rates are just obscene, thanks Mick, supplying demand. Hey mate, still cheaper than buying a new place and paying stamp duty. But I appreciate your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you today. One double three eighty e two. Someone's made the really interesting point here, Steve. I won't read all this, Steve, but thanks for your thoughts. Now's the nanny state? Why can we not drive legally one hundred and twenty k is an hour? Were one hundred of klometers away from our cities and open roads the USA and other places can drive legally eighty five miles per hour. Thanks Steve. He's had an indication it's being an anty state one hundred and ten k and our max this is per today. I'm Simon Beaumont. Joey Rawson is a senior meteorologist from the Bureau of Meteorology. He joins US now today. Joey, Hey, Simon, how are you very well? Thanks? Now, we were very very worried on Friday that we were going to have some going to have a lot of rain and mayhem, thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening. Joey, How did we How are we looking for the rest of today?
Speaker 17: Yeah, so right now it's actually looking pretty good, especially around that Fremantle area where we've got the WA Day celebrations going. How however, there is some showers and thunderstorms approaching we're expecting them to hit the west coast during this afternoon, more like be later in the afternoon, and those nice kind of flying conditions that we've got at the moment are going to turn to quite wet condition Simon. And there's also the possibility of thunderstorms, so there could be some squadly winds. So yeah, winter is going to kind of hit us as we progress into the afternoon, and it's going to stay around till like at least Wednesday night. We're going to get these periods of showers that are going to be quite heavy. And also you know the charts of thunderstorms in there, and we're looking at potentially getting a one hundred millimeters by the time we get to Thursday, and one hundred and twenty seventy is our average for June. So yeah, a significant couple of days of weather coming up, and so I think, yeah, getting out and enjoying things now and preparing properties as well is the most important thing to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joey Rawson's with us. Winter is coming as a setting game of thrones. Joey, We've got a big soccer match here. It's soccer rouse Japan. Is that Wednesday and or is that Thursday? The soccer Thursday? So the soccer us are playing here Thursday night, sell out crowd. Will that get get some rain? Joey, No, it's good news.
Speaker 17: By the time we get to Thursday night, most of this weather will have tracked out to the east. So yeah, looking pretty good for that. So yeah, hopefully it's good for the soccer rus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you Joey. Thanks for chatting to us. I'm going to the footy this afternoon at lead of all, I think I should. I'll meet the brolly or aren't I.
Speaker 17: Yeah, take the brolly.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right mate, definitely thank you for the chat. Thank you seeing the meteorologist Joey Rawson from a bomb from the Bureau of Meteaology. Are we allowed to say bomb? Let us say that we I'm going to say you're right, and I am going to say yes.
Speaker 20: No.
Speaker 1: Is w A the best place to live in the world? The yes, the thirty four and the nose of fifteen? Hello, Mark.
Speaker 22: Moun Bowie, you mate up and Col at the moment listing on the app. So Col's all good. Yeah, it couldn't be anywhere else working at the moment, So I just wanted to know whether you've heard Dan Green didn't put on this his fighting mate, So what it was was he reckon about it?
Speaker 1: It's a really that's a really good thought. Yeah. Yeah. He's championed the anti one punch stuff, hasn't he?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 22: Yeah, So I just wanted to know what his thought on was because the reperussions are for what could happen that, you know, in the out in the public.
Speaker 1: So I just wanted to Yeah, we'll give him a short shout mate, that is a really good thought. I hadn't thought of that. Good producing by you. We will will give him a call. How he's what's happening in cal Today's Sebastians from Cawn?
Speaker 14: I was there four days ago, I think Thursday. It's a bit brisk in the morning at the moment, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 22: It is a bit cool in the mornings, yes, but you rug up and you get into work and up here working Bowie. So we're gone to the festival today.
Speaker 1: Where are you? Where were you working?
Speaker 22: We do infrastructure for the mine, so bit all over the place. But yeah, the council work as well for him. So it's good, good.
Speaker 1: Good on you. Where's the festival down that's Tenary Park.
Speaker 22: I think it's cool, so yeah, go down to see what the food bands are like and a bit of a walk around, a bit of fresh air off.
Speaker 1: How good, Mart, thanks for calling mate, have a good day, Thanks buddy, see your mate. How good? Six minutes to ten o'clock. I can't I can't remember what year's adopted. As are saying, how good Calgooley today for Mark And yeah, if you've got some plans for w a day, let us know a lot of people heading down to Frio. Don't let the reports of inclement weather puts you off. I don't think this is June. It is. It is probably going to rain, maybe one hundred meals by Thursday, which is close to the month by Wednesday, sorry, which is close to the monthly average. We'll come back. I'll let you know how our poll is going. Is w A the best place to live in the world? Back in a second. I'm sure if you heard Will Schofield on the weekend with his ra be gravelly voice, so he's having a day off today. So Adam Papalier will join us after eleven o'clock to talk sports. Goey resting the vocal cords up perhaps after eleven on Sport. We've got an important animal rescue milestone for you after ten o'clock and the Aurora over the weekend, Matt Woods will talk to us from the Perth Observatory. That will come as well. I've got a couple of questions for you as well. I played for parking at a beach yesterday in Perth. I wonder if you might technically I reckon it's a beach if you know where that is one, double three, ay two? Is the phone number? Yes or no? Is WA the best place to live in the world. The yes is are thirty four and the nose fifteen. A lot of correspondence coming in and the nose are often you know, well that's to nanny state and was suppressed by the government. A lot of the nose are that which we hear a lot of on the show. And you know, as we know, there was a silent majority listening to this program in our radio SA that did vote the Labor government back in federally and state wise in massive numbers. If you want to give a call, give us aque. You can wondable three eighty two, zero four eight seven, triple nine A two the Wa best place to live in the world knows is Sue of Burstwood two more details. Thanks Sue. Steve says there's only two states to be in WA and inebriated. Thanks to Steve and A and Alam. You've got a point here. Do you actually believe what the bureau says? And having been right this year? Info comes from Darwin Miles from Perth. You know they're nice people, Joey and jess Lingard and nice people and we like them. It's a great shame that we don't have a bureau in Perth. That is a great shame. I reckon, that's a bad move. We'll come back after ten o'clock. Phone lines Rode and I hope you're having a good Wa day wherever you are. The rain's coming in this afternoon. Thanks for listening back after the news. Yeah, w a day today. Don't be downhearted. Thanks for list in one double three eight eighty two. Adam Papalia will join us after eleven o'clock to go through the weekend sport. The soccer u's are playing Japan this week at op the stadium. That is a big deal. That's a qualifier. It's a qualifier, so perhaps will join us to talk that three. We are interviewing one of the players as well, Tony Popovich. The coach doesn't do one on one interviews, which is good. Good on him, I guess, how strange. So yeah, perhaps will be with this after ten o'clock today one double three, eight eighty two. Wherever you are today, I love to hear from you. Have you been renovating? Are you renovating at the moment? Chris says Chris. I painted the bathroom and the laundry over the weekend. Does that count? Yes, Chris, I'll call that renovating lights renovating. Yeah, just the light version of renovating. I think, Pete says yet Hi Bowie high Pete, multiply by infinity. Wa has the worst government of the best place to live. And Marsha Hi, Marsha Baert knuckle fighting. What is this saying to our young that we are very prone to being influenced. We have to tell a cook government that it's not okay. Keep pushing, Basil, says Marsha. No for no, not the best place in the world to live for every day living, the hospital system, education is no better than here than over East or many other countries. Plus it's two isolated, says SEU of Burswood. Yeah, I don't. Yeah, I'm a yes, so I would say I'm a yes. I reckon it's pretty pretty good here one double three eight at two. I paid for parking at the beach yesterday. I'm pretty sure technically where I parked was a beach. Did anyone know where that might be? It was only five bucks for five bucks for about three hours I think, or maybe two and a half hours, five dollars and five cents. It wasn't expensive. But I paid for parking at the beach yesterday. There's a reason because it's a very overcrowded bit of car parks. And know where that is where you pay for parking at a beach in Western Australia, in Perth, in the broader metropolitan area, very broad one double three eight ety two of your you know where that is paying for parking at the beach. I didn't think we did that, but I did yesterday.
Speaker 24: And Chris Silent, good morning, How are you good?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 19: I didn't catch all of your stuff this morning.
Speaker 24: But again you're talking about mma and stuff and the people are posing et cetera.
Speaker 18: Et cetera.
Speaker 24: I just wanted to run a story by other Probably I only saw it myself this morning. But there's a comedian in the UK's Scouse Guy, which I don't really have a lot of time for scouts. It's been a mank union. But he's quite funny. I quite like him, and he just does down up company language warning of course, but he trained for about ten months to get in the ring and do a fight. And his whole thing is about encouraging the youth because knife and gun crime is absolutely right in the UK. And his whole aim is to get the kids off the streets into gyms. Doesn't have to be mma where they'll be boxing whatever. He's put the whole lot where there's at least supervision, regulation and you know they're being.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fitness discipline, all that stuff, yep, yep, yeah.
Speaker 24: And the whole thing is he just said, let's get our kids off the streets and stop them knifing each other where they just go into gyms and it's regulated, supervised, they're trained and encouraged to do it the right way. And it's receiving a really good, sort of very good feedback from the public. It's it's really been you know, taken that taken very well.
Speaker 1: So that point what what discipline was he? Was he boxing? Was he what was he doing?
Speaker 25: No?
Speaker 24: He did cage fighting mbc UC.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, yeah, thanks.
Speaker 24: M Paul Smith's name.
Speaker 12: Is he's quite good, very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, cheers mate, Paul Smith from a Liverpool espousing. You know it's good for young fellows in particular to have the discipline of training at a gym. Can't argue with that. UFC is the commercial arm, the promotion arm of m M A mix mixed martial arts and the questioner we are facing I suppose as a community BKFC be Knuckle Fighting Championship. His book to come here in July the nineteenth. I've had a quick look at some of the venues. None of the venues are selling tickets as yet, and it's up to seemingly up to the Combat Sports Commission to endorse and to tick it off and to sign it off. So Basil zemplus out and about yesterday, after hearing Meredith Hammett being grilled on Saturday nights, she used their health minister, Ama don't want it. It would seem quite a large section of the audience listening today don't want it. But it looks like Rita and the Premiere are going to observe process, the bureaucracy and the bureaucratic planning process. I'm a no for BKFC. I'm a reluctant yes for UFC, but that's because people pay to go there. It's not free to wear. You know, there are a couple of hoops you have to jump through to actually watch it. But yes, I'm a reluctant no on UFC, But I'm a sorry reluctant yes on UFC Bet Knuckle Fighting Championship. Does anyone know where I to pay for parking estate? The beach one double three two is the phone name. You might have been there yourself, north of Perth. Jim says, yes, I mean yes, beautiful place to live as far as possible from the war and turmoil in the rest of the world. World go wa, says Jim Christine with a couple of kisses high Christine. I love it here. I love visiting other places, but it's always the best to come home. Appreciate that. What else? What else can I read to you? From the tax line? Lee? Good Ay? Simon not sure if you're talking about more River, it's ten dollars to park in the car park for the day. Shy of Gingernar Ruthless Lee. It is the More River car park. I think technically it's the beach. It's a river. It's on the river, isn't it, mate, But you can see the beach. It feels like you're paying for parking at the beach. And I paid my five bucks. If your lead your spot on, you're right, pay my five bucks. And as soon as I put the ticket in the car, the ranger wandered past. So they are and there wasn't that many people there. Yeah, the Shiage engine do go after that. It's because the place is very popular, I think, so they try to make a bit of revenue and make sure people don't overstay at the beak. But it felt like beach parking to me. Leak spot on mate. Yeah, you pay for parking at Moore River even on a Sunday. It's a third eight and a half minutes past ten on leak, Thank you, mate, will come back in just a moment. Thanks. Zeb Janine sent us in a good clever text. Hi, Jeanine. The members of the Bare Knuckle Approval Committee or whatever it's called. That's funny, Jane. It's the Combat Sports Commission. But I know what you mean. Except for the police, nominee are all from the industry. Of course they're going to approve it. This is a classic Dracula in Charge with the blood bank, Jeanine. That is spot on one double three eight eight two. Zeno says, absolutely yes, wa is the best place in the world to live. Don't agree with our government policies, but I love living here in Perth, and Dave says. Davo says, yeah, Nah, I don't know what you mean there, Dabo, but always good to hear from you, you know how on the show we do love and care for our wildlife and native wildlife and Native Animal Rescue who do a mighty job with all their volunteers and their citizens. Are looking for a precious patient. So we have talked about the Southwest snake neck turtle that we're worried about through the wetlands of Perth that have been predated upon by foxes. But Tessa espron joins us. Now Tessa is looking after a special turtle, in fact, a specialists called precious get a. Tessa good to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Simon, Happy Labor Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. Fifty one thousandth animal patient to be admitted to a Native Animal Rescue Australia. Well done.
Speaker 8: Yes, sad in the way the double edged good. We don't want obviously animals wildlife injured, but it just shows the amounting amazing effort that Native Animal Rescue has helped serving the community.
Speaker 10: Over the last whatever many years and taking our wildlife north of the river.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt, Yes, you do a mighty job on behalf of all of us. So full power to you. What's happened with? What happened the precious?
Speaker 8: So precious came in yester year after being unfortunately hit by someone.
Speaker 10: As she was shn across the road.
Speaker 8: Our turtles on the move during our brain events. Obviously some of them wanted to still nest. They can nest up to three times a year, so unfortunately she was run across her head at the top of the characters which has cracked it and she was bleeding from the mouth and having quite extensive mema domers around their head.
Speaker 10: So the amazing event of staff on site gave me a call and my head in and.
Speaker 8: We have kame giving a treatment and.
Speaker 10: Pain relief, had X rays and we're.
Speaker 8: Going to hopefully get incredibly tough patient.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but obviously we have to taking the wilful the animal and see.
Speaker 1: How she Yeah, I'll just get you to move a little bit if you can. Your phone is starting to run. Your phone's really starting to glitch out a little bit.
Speaker 23: There, you're right there.
Speaker 1: That sounds better. So she's been running over, run over ahead, and she's is she responding to treatment?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she is. She's had pain relief overnight and that's definitely helped settle her. But it's going to be a long, extensive rehabs for this turtle because her shells cracked, so we've got a long road ahead. It will be at least a couple of a few months before she'll go back into the waterways. We need to allow her caracas to heal, we need to fight off infection, and we need to make sure that you know, she's adequately supported with hydration and nutrition and all the rest of it going in. But fingers crossed, she made it through the night, So we just got to see how she travels over the next few days to see if she's stubborn enough to keep continuing on with a healing journey.
Speaker 1: So, Tessa, last time I spoke to you, I was spoken to Eddie the guy with the gun as well. The guy goes out to try and fight the foxes. Where are we at with that? In your view? You know, I've always thought that we need more government funding. Where are we at?
Speaker 8: Well, it's a tough situation. We did get forty six thousand dollars from the Labor government. They made a pre election promise with us to increase the funding for DBCA to do fox eradication. But that's only that forty six thousand dollars is for the over two years to be spent. It only increases our program from six weeks to I think it's nine weeks now or twelve weeks, not sure completely, but you know, it's still a huge, major issue. Like I'm getting reports from ellen Brook, Eglinton, Ballajer, literally, Mula Loou Beach, Coogee Beach, everywhere that foxes are just getting increasing in numbers and sightings. And the sad thing is is, you know, I went to Banyander yesterday and we literally lost forty nests along one section because a couple of the mowers had unfortunately lifted up the nest the mesh that's been put over nests, and I think someone had removed nests covers as well. So we've got major issues you know with these boxes. Their numbers are just out of control. They can smell the turtle eggs underground and they're just yeah, they're just if we keep going losing our eggs and our nesting sites like this, I have real concerns about turtles and our long neck turtles surviving in.
Speaker 1: The long run to species disappear.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we really need the government really, like I don't know, commit to grow of funding for our fox chapper to go in and to employee more so that we can do a better job. I mean, I heard the other day that they he caught a fox that was king he loos that was chasing a pugs down at Bibra late. Like they're getting huge, these animals, so there's no predator for them. So they're doing incredibly well feasting on our wildlife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Well, you know, Tessa, I think you've heard me say the government that needs to do more, it needs to step up. It's not it's not you know, you guys do a mighty job, but you can't leave it to citizens, scientists and volunteers. This is a super serious problem right through. I had some photos sting from Point Parent on the weekend, so down a Rockingham, so it's right up and down the coast where the wetlands where there's wildlife. You'll find a fox in numbers and they're breeding and their.
Speaker 8: Mobile Yeah, and you know they're going into our urban areas, they're hattling pets, they're annihilating everything inside in our wetlands and they actually thrive in this wet weather. And you know whereas all our wildlife adormant, and except for birds and mammals, the reptiles especially a dormant so they're slower to move, so they're really struggling. They're just getting predated and picked off left right at the center. So we really really need to get on board and provide more financial support to DBCA. I just don't know what we can do to convince our parliamentarian that this is a really important local issue. It's the health of our waterways, it's the health of our wildlife, and it's becoming a huge bobm especially with the new gun laws coming in as well, that's going to severely impact us in our pest management and use in Asia of humane humane use and asia of our wildlife.
Speaker 23: Like ruse etc.
Speaker 1: It's a perfect storm, isn't it. To keep up the good work. Look after Precious on on our behalf aunt. Always appreciate having a chat to you.
Speaker 8: Go well, yeah, thank you, have a great weekend, Tessa es Baron from Native Animal Rescue.
Speaker 1: So Precious is the fifty one thousandth animal patients to be admitted to Native Animal Rescue Australia. Do a good job, don't they. So you know, we've talked about a lot on the program. We've spoken to the shooter, we've spoken to the councils. There's two little being done in this area. The foxes have arrived in great number. They breed quickly with the lakes drying out a little bit because of our changing whether patterns or climate patterns, whatever you want to call them. They just are able to walk out on the mud and dig up the turtles' nests. We'll find the nests outside of the lake and dig up that. We could lose these species and the foxes are coming in great numbers. So they had photos sent in from Rockingham last week down at Point Peren. You know, we've always done a fox audit on the various shows I've done at six PR over the last fifteen years, and it always used to seem like a bit of fun when the Foxes turned up. But it ain't fun anymore because they're taking out speed. It's like the Long Deck or the Southwest snake necked turtle back. In just a moment, it's twenty five past cent. Thanks for all your correspondence and your thoughts that is coming in today. We're going to go to UCLA in just a moment. Sebbi's just made that the trip over the Nulla boar. How do you describe eukla seib Pretty pretty pretty Yeah, little big, little thriving troos. It's thriving metropolis. Possibly Dan Murphy's.
Speaker 14: I don't think Bunnings, No, no, no, none of that, none of that, no im mac are those shops that sell good ice creams? Yeah, ice creams?
Speaker 1: What's on of those shops with one legal on the corner? What they call it froo ones?
Speaker 19: Yeah chi.
Speaker 1: Fortunately they've got three time zones. The reason we're into that UK has actually got three time zones, so we'll have a chat to someone from Uklin just a moment. Thank you, Seb. We'll take pauses w A the best place in the world to live? Or the yes of forty one the nose of twenty.
Speaker 14: Moving around the majors, the Minteal, Kuannana and Graham Farmer freeways, all traveling well. Double demerits are in effect for the waday a long we can right up until midnight tonight, so take it easy on the roads. A good running in and out of the CB day and nothing to report around the metro area. I'm said clark on Perth traffic leader six PR.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your thoughts today we're asking you. Is WA the best place in the world to live? John says Perth would be a great place to live if was not so dull, colors and boring. Come on, John, I don't reckon it's any of that, John, and Tony says, I change my vote. Any place where we can spend time talking about turtles on a radio station is the best place to live in the world. Thanks Tony, appreciate that you know the principle though, right Tony, the state are leaving this to volunteers and to citizens science to protect us from feral pests which ain't okay, I don't reckon Yeah to the fishing nats or the buffheads is Dave. Thanks Dave, thanks for clarifying that. Did you get a glimpse of the Aurora Australis last night? Matt Woods from the Perth Observatory went on a trek last night and got some absolutely amazing photos. Could I Matt? Good to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Hey, Simon, how are you doing good?
Speaker 1: Mate? Where did you end up having to get to to get those photos?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I traveled out to the Central Wheat Belt, so I went to Boyden Rock near brookt And I had thought about going to Mount Dale and testing my SUV's ability to climb a mountain, but it was a little bit too close to the cloudy weather, so I just continued on and had a little bit of a ten minute track up to the rock, and thankfully it was a really nice view. You could just make it out as a grayish pinkish haze on the southeast corner, but as soon as I started taking the photos you could clearly see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing, isn't it. And there was some cloud cover Metro last night, so it was always going to be tricky. So the further un east, the more clear sky you got. That's the thing, isn't it matter? Often to the naked eye, as you say, just looks like a like a bit of a bit hazy, But often a camera lens really puts in focus, doesn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was looking really promising like it could possibly be something like say August last year, where if you were down like I was down at Island Point Reserve just twenty minutes south of Mandra and you could clearly see it with your own eyes. We weren't, fully you know, we weren't expecting it to be anything like May or October where it was. It didn't matter where you were, even in the suburbs, you could still see that red. But it just unfortunately there's the polarity. Just we needed it to be a negative polarity, and it was a positive. So you know, in terms of when the storm hitting the earth, it's like an off switch if it's mainly a positive polarity for the storm. And so it just wasn't really doing things. So you did need to be out out of the city to actually be able to see it any great detail, particularly with the camera.
Speaker 1: Tell me what that means that what's the polarity argument.
Speaker 7: So there's an embedded in the solar storm. There is an up down magnetic field direction, and we call it BZ and we track that and it's one of the most important tools we use to see whether it's worth actually going out. So a negative BZ meaning south, is more like an on switch for the aurora, where a positive is like an off switch. So it's just not the atmosphere wasn't charging up. So what happens is you had a solar storm sent from the Sun about eight am on the thirty first of May our time, and it took about a day and a half to get here. So the Earth is also has a strong magnetic field that protects us. And so if anyone's ever done that high school experiment where you get the bar magnet and you dip the iron that you pour iron filings over it, you see the magnetic field lines. Yep, that's what's protecting us. So that our magnetic field pushes that solar particles around, deflex it, but some of it comes back along the magnetic field lines and then hits the atmosphere and the actual solar particles interacting with the oxygen and nitrogen particles causes those particles to glow like a neon sign, and that's what we're.
Speaker 1: Seeing, all right. And madam just looking while I'm talking to just looking at some of the reports around Australia and New South Wales. Tazzy over here in Wa. It was quite quite the show last night, wasn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, particularly on the East coast. It hit here about mid afternoon, so it was perfect timing for New Zealand and for the East Coast, and that initial runt was actually quite strong, so you get a lot a lot of streaks in the images coming from the from New Zealand then from the East Coast, so by the time it got here it was a little bit dull. But hey, you know you're not I'm not complaining. I drove an hour and a half hours to drive and I was sick with a cold and I managed to get something, so it would have been a hell of a sad trip back if I.
Speaker 1: Didn't get any did well? Mate? Hey, matare they your private photos? Are they? Or there's the observatory on them?
Speaker 7: So they're my photos that I share them with the observatory because I took it with the observatory camera.
Speaker 1: So I just wondered if we can both. Yeah, I might see if we can let our just listen to seeing it. That's okay. I might see if our people can talk to your people on that.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And it's one of those things that you know, you guys, people can go out and see this themselves. There's really good apps out there we can keep an eye Like the Glendale Aurora app is really good to look at, especially if you want to learn this. You know it will tell you. It has a little help functions each on each of the little graphs, but you can keep an eye on like this. Really good Facebook pages as well. There's like the Aurora Australa's West Australia page which you can join. Also pac Man Space where there's really good I always just double check my information as well as checking. Of course, there's the bombs Aurora page and also Noah in America will give you a really good data as well. And it's one of those things it's just persistence. You just got to go out and you will get rewarded in the end. I remember the October when I went out five nights in a row because the we just kept on being hit by a solar storm. But unfortunately that polarity just was not the right way. And it was the sixth day where I wasn't actually going to be hanging around us. I was late at work doing reports, and it just happened to just change, and all of a sudden we got an absolutely magical display that I'll never forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Mat, good to talk to you as always, Thanks for chatting to our listeners. And I'll put you back to Anna Linz and see if we can grab a version or at least grab a link to where people can go and see your shots from last night. Thanks mate, Yeah, nourice. Thanks Matt. Matt Woods from the Perth Observatory so drove himself out there last night. A few people did. The vision of the Aurora Australis from the Eastern States were incredible. So it's a geomagnetic storm that has polarity and that we see it in our atmosphere, particularly particularly through a camera lens, where it seems to seems to sharpen up for whatever reason. Thirteen No, sorry, twenty three minutes to eleven. If you'd like to phone in, you can one double three A Daddy two. The text zero four eight seven trip or nine ay two. Thanks for your thoughts today all the people on who are saying is West Australia the best place to live in the world. Waday nothing to celebrate minutes of wa taxpayer dollars spelled on spend on an enter errol team while our waffle team rounds facilities while I in poverting typically a derby waffle game in the dump of Freeman or because Freeman needs commercial support, kids and adults are like a void for our no hungry jacks, McDonald's and KFC. And don't forget a freer festival to extract more dollars for crap city Freem. Well that's not very aspirational or positive, is it. I wish I hadn't read that out one double three eight eighty two Frio fred to struggle a little bit around the mall area free The number of but new bars in Freemanil is astonishing and down there a couple of weeks ago to see roach with these bars everywhere in Frio and nightlife are plenty. The rooftop bar at the National Karakee, the Old sinner Goog Karakee over by the Norfolk, there's a couple of new bars over there as well. I reckon Frio is going pretty well for nightlife, but probably struggles a little bit around some of the retail areas. The Day one, Double three, AD two. If you want to give us a shout today, we are taking a poll on WA day. Is WA the best place to live in the world? Yes? Is a forty one that knows are twenty. We are going to UCLA next. Stay listening. Yeah, thanks for listening in Today. Adam Papalei will join us to talk sport, football and life after eleven o'clock today, So perhaps we'll be joining us and we'll go through the last weekend round of footy. A lot of the sports guys are down and out. I think Jacko's traveling. Scoey's voice is really he's really struggling with his vocal cords at the moment. I don't think he broadcast the football on Saturday, and he was still pretty husky yesterday, so he's out of action as well. So not a bad replacement to get your sports director off the bench tomorrow. I wanted to mention this to you. I just saw this, just saw his story in The Australian today the Snowy Hydro two point zero construction project. So people who are working on that workforce, which is dominated by Australian Workers' Union, the average worker is paid two hundred grand a year and they get one hundred and forty bucks a day or double time for working in the rain, one hundred and forty bucks a day for being in the camp allowance. So it's twelve billion dollars the Snowy project, which is is mind bobbling, isn't it? Went mind boggling when you consider with the power that the union will have two hundred thousand bucks a year to work on the Snowy Hydro two point zero project, one hundred and forty days of just being in camp and get double time for working in the rain. That's that's not bad, is it. We spotted a story the other day that's Eucliff. You live in uk in Yukla, the town of Yuklu which seebe's just been through and had had quick chat to us about good pie by the way, good pie, but a chicken pie. Different but yeah chicken But no Yochi Bunnings are dead. No yo chi feelthy about that.
Speaker 14: No racetrack, No race track, eitherough they could do with the racetrack out there. Actually River lakeys no like nah, I didn't see anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it's on the null the board. It's very remote. It's in three. It enjoys three different time zones. Franco Nicoliny is the duty manager at the Yuklo Motel cad I. Franco, good to talk to you.
Speaker 26: Good morning, good and they to meet you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you two, you've been there a couple of years, is that right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 26: Yeah, I arrived on the July twenty twenty three. I'm still here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you like it?
Speaker 26: Yeah? Yeah, I like it. It's a beautiful place so till Yeah, yeah, it's a beautiful place.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How old are you afraid?
Speaker 26: I'm three?
Speaker 13: Three?
Speaker 1: Okay, young, young fella. And do you do you You obviously know that there's different time zones. Which one? Do you observe different time zones for different folks coming through or for different business purposes?
Speaker 26: You mean if the time difference?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the threes aren't. So you've got Perth Adelaide and or Easton. What do you operate off?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 26: Yeah, it's funny because well, what I was reading about the history of that is that was created because of the delegraphic station was located here and they need to have a difference with that. So but I think that now it's not it's not something useful that most of the people use for a special reasons. I mean, I think that it's just an historic or funny thing from this area.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 26: And all the guests arrived here, they are so surprised about this, so they are asking every time like, oh, you have a different time than Adelaide, than birth and well sometimes they said, oh, well I don't know if I have to take a breakast, have a breakfast or lunch or something. So yeah, it's funny, it's funny, it's something really special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's quirky. So if you look at your iPhone or your watch or the nearest clock right now, Franko, what does it say? That's quarter to eleven in what does you what is your iPhone side?
Speaker 26: It has past eleven?
Speaker 1: Half past eleven South Australian time.
Speaker 26: Yeah, no, no, we are different times than South Australia. I think that now in South Australia it should be let me check that Adelaide. Yeah it's forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: I help us yeah, okay, we don't.
Speaker 26: We don't. We don't use the South Australian time and Western Australian time. We are in the middle.
Speaker 14: Yes, twelve fifteen, Adelaide eleven thirty year class.
Speaker 1: Okay, just got a sign time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they had three clocks up there in the Yeah.
Speaker 26: Yeah, exactly. Well actually in the service station and in the entrance of the roadhouse we have three clocks. So most of the people take a picture with that, like a selfie or something because it's funny, and they put it on the social media because we have Adelaide clock and south of sorry Yukla and third three different docks.
Speaker 1: Well that's amazing, Yeah, that is amazing. So Frank, how's the vacancy or the occupancy rates at the Yukla motel for tonight?
Speaker 26: So for tonight we are we have like fifty percent or something. We have the model like ten rooms or something like that. And the caravan park what we never know. Sometimes we are almost fully wooked and sometimes we are like we have plentyful spaces. But yeah, yeah, usually we are like close to fully book every day or something like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, all right, and maybe is there as far as lifestyle goes. I mean, I know you work at the motel, but is there a bar is can you get a cappuccino somewhere one where you are in town?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 26: We have everything in the roadhouse. So we have model rooms that are really nice with an ocean view some of them. We have a caravan park with showers and toilet facilities, some barbecue where you can do your barbecue.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 26: We have the restaurant that is working since five two s thirty every day, cafe with breakfast, maning available and cappuccino very really really good flat white yep. Well we we use goffee from Esperans, so it's it's yeah, yeah, it's really good. And we have a bar as well and service station.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 26: So they all the guests need to have a beautiful stay here. They can found it here in Ukla Hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and I should.
Speaker 27: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 26: And a good swimming pool as wells well, it's not the time now, but because it's winter or autumn, but in summers yeah nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: The fella sitting next to me went through Ukla last week, so he knows a little bit about it. But you often get I don't know if they create much attention. But sometimes you get someone running across Australia or walking across Australia or riding a pushbike. Does that create a bit of a stir when someone comes through who's doing that? So I would imagine I would want to be looking for somewhere to sleep.
Speaker 26: You mean if some people stay here while they were crossing or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 25: So yeah.
Speaker 1: The notion of traveling across Australia as part of a charity fund, you know, to raise money for a charity or on a motorbike or something, that's a that's quite a big thing to do, isn't it.
Speaker 26: Yeah, yeah, it's so nice. And we had some well actually we are having some tours like long ride bike or somewhere, names like Quarantee like mental problems or something like that. And we had one of the famous one that we had in social media was government stay with US Governments Knights and yeah, yeah, we used to like black Dog and a lot of groups staying crossing in a charity ride with motorbike cyclist.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, all right. It's the center of the universe most nights, isn't it. Hey, Frank are really good to talk to you mate, No traffic nights, run about, snow, traffic calming devices, none of that stuff that we have to put up with.
Speaker 26: No, no, no, it's all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a right hewong are going to stay for.
Speaker 26: Well, I don't know. I have my visa until November of this year, and I don't know what will what will happen, but I have been here for almost two years so in New Glad and in Australia. I arrived on November twenty twenty two, so we will see what happened in November of this year. But it's a very good country, nice place, people friendly, so I would like to stay longer. We'll see what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, thank you for the chat.
Speaker 26: No worries the day and you're your day, and thank you for the opportunity.
Speaker 1: No way sechey Franco Nicolini, anything to add anything, anything more to add about U? Class summed it up pretty well. Did and he's got a lookout like a mountain or a radio hill. TV.
Speaker 14: Hell, we'd lost a bit of time, so we were sort of skates through club.
Speaker 1: But I did like it at one hundred. Now they have the quarantine stoppings on there for your friends. You need to throw out Yeah, okay the ping there, no, no, that was yeah, well done.
Speaker 14: Holly was trying to hand in some seeded bread. I said, I think that's going to be okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's more Laura Biding than you. Tho you're from Calgoley. Thanks. Sa SAMs with us today and he'll be pulling up stumps at eleven and Brucey Welsh generic Bruce will join us as Franco Nicolini judy manager at the Yukla Motel. So three different time zones Yuko time, w A Time and South Australian Time. How does your how does your iPhone know? How does your iPhone know? What place you're? Geo? Something in Joe cashing perhaps one double three eight A D two. Is WA the best place to live in the world? Forty seven? Yes? Is and the nose of twenty three. Back in the moment asking the question today, yes or no? Is w A the best place to live in the world? Yes, the forty seven The knows are twenty three, Shane says, Simon, how can you judge with that? Seeing the other places in the world. To come back from Europe, there are a few places over there that I could think I could retire in Shane, I put you down. So put you down as a no, Shane. I've lived in Sydney, I've lived in Newman, I've lived in Athens for a little while, born in England, traveled a fair bit being the state's a fair bit. I'd maybe it's because I've got kids, Shane's good place to bring up kids, isn't it? I would have thought. But thanks Shane, Thanks for correspondence. Peter, w A the best place in the world, Hey mate, good morning boy.
Speaker 25: Yeah, look tell you what bring the Singapore since about nineteen sixty nine of bringing backwards and forwards there for a couple of years. I'll tell you what. W A is a fabulous place. But I just wish they had the law and Order of Singapore. You wouldn't have any of this nonsense. I'll tell you what. You'd be out of a job. I think, Bow, you wouldn't be able to talk about that stuff at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've been to Singapore quite a bit for sport and it's I agree with you, and it's pristine and there's no rubbish. I don't It's a good place to visit. And you know I don't know if i'd like to be a local living there, mate, living in one of those apartment blocks out by the airport, or you know they had in the what's it called.
Speaker 25: I've been there. I've lived in certain places in Singapore, and I'll tell you what, it's wonderful place. The only thing you couldn't do over there is probably is play golf it stew expenses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no I have done that. Yeah, thanks Pete, cheers mate, Good on you talking about Singapore a lot. We were not getting the cane here. I'm pretty sure we're not getting the rotan and the Yeah. As I've said it before lots of times on the various programs I've worked on, we're not getting the Singapore law and order system here, but it is a super place to live and work in for a little while as an expat. One Duble three A eighty two. This one here from Philip today. Philip on beer knuckle fighting b KFC on lots of words. There are now strict protocols in the RFL protecting the head. There's no problem with beer knuckle fighting, I think not. What happened to Queensbury Rules established in eighteen sixty seven to protect boxes in the rings. So forget the rules. Not for me, I'm against it, says Philip. Thank you mate. Is it the best place in the world to live? Yes, Goussie rules, says Ben, so Ben likes Gosnells and Helen. I just made the comment that Frio, whilst it might be struggling commercially a little bit, just the new King Square area, Helen, where there's where the library is, the free our library is fantastic. Got a three D printer. It's unreal, real center of town. There's some nice shops through there now, that nice surf shop that's through there, keeps some nice cafes. And I mentioned that when I went down there the other week on a Friday night, there's a heap of bars, and Helen reckons that's not sillilarly a good thing. Hell Helen, she says. The number of the bars and the Frio CBD. We all like to drop into a bar at times. The number of bars in the central for our district is of serious concern. Legislationary proximity issues of licensed premises needs to be addressed. Three instances of violence behavior King's Cross example, not to repeat it that the Freo councilor mayor are ignoring Frio rate payers need for a safe and secure city center. Helen, I didn't see any of that, but my job was there earlier in the night, but it was absolutely cranking. It was a nice warm nights and all through that area where the old synagogue is across the road near near the Norfolk. All through the city Frio social was really busy in going off, but I didn't see any any social behavior. You know, could argue that it's part of a modern city with growing pains. But for our nightlife was was good and it shifted away from from the mall. The mall area and the rooftop bar at the National Hotel is something else. It's got the four views over the city back over Monument Hill. It's yeah, I appreciate your thoughts, Helen. Didn't see any anti social behavior, see more any social behavior in the day in Frio than what I did at nighttime. But those licensed premises are really close together, no doubt about it. You just sort of walk from one to the other really easily down the lane ways. There's that one, the new big one that's we've got the big garden outside and the fire. We've got a fire going. Helen can't remember what it's called. It's over by the over By Premier Pianos used to be you know, you know. The bit is Wa the best place to live in the world. The yes is of forty eight, the nose of twenty five. Love to hear from you today we talked to Adam Pappalier and just a moment we'll wrap up the weekend sport. We've got Australia playing in Japan in a qualify this week as well a State of Origins coming to Perth. Also, how good with Frio? How good with Frio? How good was so Wrong? How good was Braceure? How good was Jordie Clark? On Saturday got one hundred and twenty Fantasy team points? How good? We're free on the weekend with su Ruckman. Adam Papoalie will join us after eleven o'clock to look at the two West Australian teams another disappointing Fardingham, Belting the West Coast, fair Edingham, East Perth Forever eleven o'clock. Now, yeah, thanks for listening in. Really appreciate your company on this Monday long weekend holiday is Wa day. I hope you're going well wherever you are. I suspect it's a day for people to have day trips or their families. More river dwelling up Moundaring Weir, maybe head down to Mandra Rockingham. That's that sort of day, I think. With the weather coming in this afternoon, we're running a poll today. Yes, no, is Wa the best place to live in the world? The yes, the forty eight and the nose of twenty five. Now we don't have an official introduction introduction piece of music for our next guest, so just imagine enter Sandman who is playing dar did do, due, did do? And now on per Today to talk sport, football and life. A man who drives his car at ten k's under the speed limit at all times. A man who went to the Espanade pub in bussedon to watch the Danny green Briggs fight with Simon Bowmon only lasted twenty five seconds. Our sports director here at six pr Adam Papollier. Did I Adam, Hello Bowie, Great to have you.
Speaker 28: The only reason I agreed to come on this morning was to have one of those amazing musical intros, and you've.
Speaker 1: Half asked it right off the top. Yeah, I've got I've gone with a live version. Hey not the acoustic version at the unplayed. Hey thanks for stepping in. Great chat to you. Another a big weekend of footy and buyers coming up for the WA teams. Of course, I'll ask the question that I always asked either Sculley or Jacko or whoever we have on for sport paps. Whose footy is the best footy in the competition when they're going good at the moment? Whose footy is the best footy? Whose footy is the best foot right now? Is Collingwood's with the way that they're playing, with the way they are absolutely killing teams with limited entries inside fifty and just their efficiency and their ability to rebound and hold up their defensive end and then turn that into attack. I mean, Jamie Elliot's in career best form at the moment. So I think the Pies are at the moment the best is their best footy overall, I think Brisbane are still a better team when they are absolutely up and going, But right now I don't think they're at that same level as what Collingwood are playing. And life's all about timing, Simon and for an AFL season. It certainly is that each and every year it's about playing well now and banking wins. But you don't want to be your absolute best in June and July. You want to be the absolute best in September.
Speaker 28: So can the Pies do that consistently right the way through the season is going to be a big question for them and for the other teams trying to chase them. It's about trying to time you run, but have enough wins under the belt to finish in the top four to then make a real assault at the flag come August September. I wanted to ask you the question and it is difficult because a number of teams have played twelve games. Adam and the Western Bulldogs and Essendon in particular sitting just outside the eight on eleven games. So the Bullies potentially are sitting in ninth, but the top eight top certainly the top nine is probably set, isn't it. Collingwood, as you say, Brisbane in second, Adelaide Crows who are great at home, gold Cot Sons with a lapse on the weekend, but that they've only played eleven as well. Cats look like a beat anyone, don't they? Hawthorn, g Giants and Frio sneak In and the Bullies. That nine looks pretty set, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 28: Essendon, I don't think anyone sort of thinks that they can be a top eight team because when you look at the sides that they've beaten this year, they've literally beaten eighteenth, seventeenth, sixteenth, fifteenth and fourteenth, so all those teams that are below them on the table. So I don't think we've got a true representation of Essendon yet. And yes, the ladder is going to be pretty compromised the whole way through this year because if you think back to that opening round when we lost that game between Gold Coast and Essendon, they're going to be even after all these buyers are finished, they'll still be a game back on everyone else. And then that fixture will be played after round twenty four and before the first week of finals, So we won't quite know what that means. I know, Will Schofield's glass half empty on that thinking that that game is going to be worth absolutely nothing and it's going to be a complete waste of time. But I'm more glass half full that you might get to that point and isn't. It might be out of the finals raced by that point, but the Suns will be fighting for a spot in the top four, I think at that point in the season. So I think there still will be a fair bit on that one. But yeah, anyone from really the Bulldogs below them, it's going to be tough for them to make the finals, isn't. And a level on points with the Dogs or a game outside the eight. Great to see free metle jump up there on the weekend.
Speaker 1: The top eight.
Speaker 28: They were unreal, they really were, And we were calling that game on Saturday afternoon. And I think it's a thing that Frematle fans can feel is in the first five minutes of the game, you know whether they've turned up or not. You know if their pressure is there and you're in for a good afternoon, and if it's not there, you get really concerned that they're not going to be able to fight it through the course of four quarters of footy. But you could tell right immediately from the start, and Calyb's wrong spoke to us postgame about it that their pressure in that first turn was probably the best they'd had all year, and given the conditions, given how Wet. It was up against a really quality opposition. That is one of their great wins that they've had in recent times, and it absolutely sets up the rest of their season. They go into a buy now. They've got three of their next four in Perth, seven of their last eleven in Western Australia. They can certainly go on a run right now. And they might't want to get ahead as themselves because that's what happened at the start of the season, but if they can continue to bank wins, they'll be a significant top four chance. And all those people that were coming for me about three or four weeks ago when I said just to hold fire for a second before you sacked the coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did hear you saying that you were very consistent on all that apologies. Yeah, and I heard I heard the interview with Caleb, So I heard Skeet say to him, can we go back to the some Kilder Gamekeet's got that theory about, you know, turning the corner which is which is legit? And Caleb Throm says, do.
Speaker 28: We have to Well we spoke to Caleb after that Sin killed a game and he was the one that had to front up and try to explain, you know, what actually happened all that night, and they didn't really have any answers. But yes, it absolutely can be a turning point. And sometimes those types of losses are ones that you have to have and you see a response and teams at that point when you have a loss like that can either fracture or they can come together. And it looks like Free I've come together. They've made some significant moves with the way they're playing. Shape Bolton into the midfield has made a significant difference. And Luke Jackson obviously starring as a number one ruck over the last few weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and loss as good asn't he He just adds that body, that energy when he kicks a goal obviously lifts the team. When to the eye, you know, Brayshaw had an amazing, courageous game. Shape Bolton had a great game as well, but the most number of Fantasy points was Jordi Clark. So, yes, he's just that natural speed. He's been good, isn't he he is?
Speaker 28: Yeah, when you kick and mark the footy a lot, that's how you get those numbers up in those fantasy games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he certainly does that a lot. Across half back. Yeah, but he was brilliant.
Speaker 28: I think Luke Jackson is certainly a big part of it though, I mean twenty seven disposals as a well. He was really a rover at times. With Darcy in the ruck, they played him up around the midfield a lot more, and he's spoken with us on radio in recent weeks about how he wants to be around the footy a lot. That's how he plays his best. But if they've got Darcy and they've got Jackson in the team, they can play them both around the ball because Jackson's good enough to play as that bigger bodied midfielder in there, which probably helps out so Wrong and Brayshaw, who are a little bit more undersized compared to some of the other midfielders in the competition. So it just adds a different dynamic in there. And yeah, it starts with their pressure and their willingness to compete for the footy. They got the jump on the Gold Coast Suns and they're able to hang on in the end in the wet was a terrific win.
Speaker 1: If people think I'm ignoring to them at West Coast, I am what I'd ask you. Perhaps Geelong were very very good. Weren't they When they go, they go so quickly, they move, they get energy on the ball, as Dave Monday would say, and in a way they go. Were there some signs yesterday that you liked from West Coast?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What were the words you used just before the news? You said they got smashed yesterday, didn't you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I just yeah, I know, I said, it's just a yeah, I thought they did, and I you know, it's just it's hard to watch when you just can't go with the team when they when the other team turn up the heat.
Speaker 28: So yeah, I thought there was some really positive signs from the Eagles yesterday. I mean, it was eleven points at three quarter time. I know, it blew out late, which it can have a habit of doing when you when you're trying to, you know, get those last couple of goals to really get draw level with the team, you can get opened up back the other way. But the way they fought the game out, I think that would bring a lot of promise to Eagles supporters or the majority, unless I'm reading it wrong, And would love to hear from any of the listeners if they have a different opinion or the same opinion, but the way some of the younger guys competed, the way Elijah Hewitt takes the game on. Harley Reid was involved yesterday as well, and they found ways even though Geelong looked like they were going to bust that game open, both in the first quarter and then in the second term, to still find something and fight back into it and keep it pretty tight until the last ten minutes when yeah, it blew out to a forty point margin, but it was a much closer game than that. So I think that Eagles fans can take a little bit of heart out of that performance because the Cats are going to be around the top four this year, so that's a pretty good effort against a team that is going to be one of the contenders this season.
Speaker 1: Played twelve one to one percentage of sixty four point five.
Speaker 28: But that's the demoralizing part. Yes, the ultimately've be better the last six weeks. Yeah, the last six weeks have been much much better compared to the six weeks before that when they really got blown apart. So that hasn't happened as much in recent weeks.
Speaker 1: Needed to beat Richmond, We'll come back, Thanks, Adam, We'll come back for your furthright opinion. There, we'll come back. We'll go through the round and if you want to have a chat, so perhaps about about Frio or West Coast I reckon I reckon Freo a well and truly back there was a win full of character and a lot of debt in the side too, Adam, it certainly was.
Speaker 28: And just West Coast fans, I wonder if your opinion's changed on Oscar Allen. So four goals yesterday played really well up forward, A lot of fans wanting to push him out the door a few weeks ago and get that compensation pick in he really played a lone hand up for yesterday. I just wonder if Eagles fans opinion has changed on Oscar Allen and whether you would rather keep him at the club now rather than get that priority pick later in the year. Yeah, Ringing West Coast Traditionally I've always hung onto players, haven't They Rarely do they let players go or use them for trade bait or whatever. But they are a club that has always traditionally kept their players. One double three at two. If you like to have a chat to Adam Papalee or to me one Duble three Addy two Ringing. You might win call It of the Day. It's eighteen past eleven.
Speaker 1: Great Call of the Day Today Prize Today Paps the Call of the Day, win the Ultimate family Pizza Night, Home Slice Cafe and Pizza Bar. It's up in Mindari two pizzas garlic bread that your choice is soft drink, either to Enjoying house or pick up Home Slice. It's called It's oppled by a local bloke, twenty three year old lad Liam Gada Liam. The pizza bar in Mindari is called home Slice, Artisan pizzas, peraps, sides, local produce or made in the house. Give home Slice in Mindaria go for your next takeaway night. So ringing if you'd like to have a chat to Adam Papalia or even to me today. Tony's phone in from Baldivia's Hi Tony, Hello, Hello you good boys mate.
Speaker 19: I was I wanted just wanted to say I was really impressed with Jimbi last night.
Speaker 5: He held.
Speaker 19: Cameron two, who was arguably the best full forward and competition at the moment and a common medalist favorite. He held him for the most of the most of the game. It was unbelievable. I thought he was very impressed. Perhaps I don't know what's your thoughts on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was very, very good, Tony.
Speaker 28: We were debating on the TV coverage last night about who actually won that match up and asked Jeremy Cameron that exact question, and Cameron, I think, a little humbly said, yeah, Jimby had me covered for most of the game, and he obviously cashed in late with four goals in the last quarter.
Speaker 1: And not all of those were on.
Speaker 28: Jimby at the time, but particularly in those one on ones, whether the ball was coming in pretty quickly from the Cats at times, and Jimmy was able to hold his own against Cameron and he was giving up five centimeters height difference in that battle too, But the way he was able to wrestle and spoil and just work so hard, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great spot on call there, Tony.
Speaker 28: That was a terrific matchup to watch yesterday against Jeremy An who kicked nine the last time that they played against West Coast. He'd kicked six goals and five goals in the last couple of weeks before that ends up with another five last night as well. But yeah, that was a great battle, Tony, really good call.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tony in the running for call the day mate, Thank you very much, Jill says via the SEMs paps Oscar Allen could only stay if he wants to. If he's tossing offers around, he should cut and run. Thank you, Jill. This one here from Tammy and I think I think Tammy from Tam and Tammy is is going to ask you and me to criticize other commentators, which we probably won't do. Eason states commentators need to learn free your names Dwayne Russell and Kelly Underwood, and there's a couple of examples here. I've always found I always found Dwyane Russell really good on WA teams because he comes out a lot. He calls w A teams a lot. But that's just me. Is there specific examples of players I can help, Siakowski said of sweet Kowski and Kelly Underwood sit the teammatee a lot.
Speaker 28: According to Tam, so thanks Tam. Anyway, Well, well, well, we are all prone to making mistakes, Boe. It does happen from time to time when you accidentally say the wrong name and when you're thinking about someone else.
Speaker 1: But we try. Sometimes a little mistake slips through yeah, thanks Tam. Good to hear from you. I appreciate your thoughts today, Brian. Without doubt, Oscar has always been one of the eagles most gutsy players, says Brian. Thank you, Brian Gooda, Masa, thanks for calling in.
Speaker 29: How are you yay morning on weekend doing stuff unfortunately, but I'm going to say, I think excite that made one mate. I rate Reuben Jimmy higher than what do you think? Boys, He's very sold, He's very consistent what he does in the team.
Speaker 28: Perhaps, thanks, there's much more upside with with Harley Reid, I think in terms of the impact that he can have on a on a game, but of what the Eagles need right now, Rubens he's certainly been part of that, and they've floated around with.
Speaker 1: His best position a little bit.
Speaker 28: We saw him last year play a little bit of midfield, he played all his junior foot ye as a half back, and then last night we saw him as a deep, isolated one on one defender. He's the type of player, though, Masa, that you'd love to have in a side because they'll just do whatever the team needs to do, and he played extremely well yesterday. I think he's sort of been one of those players that's given everything he can throughout the year, under a fair bit of pressure at times with the way the ball comes into that back line that the Eagles have to stand up against. But good call Maza. I think he's certainly played well. But Harley Reid was good yesterday. So he got around the footy and he got amongst the goals as well. He brings the crowd into it. It's just trying to get Harley to go to that next level, which I think his form line Over the last month.
Speaker 1: He started to get a bit busier, starting to have more of an impact.
Speaker 28: He's only in his second season, which you always have to remember, and he's got high expectations on his shoulders. But if you can get him from a averaging sixteen disposals which he has been averaging this year, last month he's been up more around eighteen twenty. If you could get him to twenty five disposals a game, Bowie, I think you see his impact go through the roof and then it'll be a very different looking player.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, Kozo says West Coast now suffer the same as affliction as Frio. They simply don't know how to do the fundamental thing by marking a man closely like a glove. I'll get PAP thoughts on that because of but I do here Brad Hardy, So you know, guarding grass rather than guarding players. So depends on the time of the game and depends what's happening, I think, doesn't it.
Speaker 28: Yeah, it's a game plan thing as well, and the Eggles are at the coment that do that. Yeah, thanks Coso. The one that was a bit amusing yesterday was Tyson Stengele being given so much license to just roam around, particularly in that first quarter. He could have kicked three goals and the game really would have been away from them by that point. He needed to be a little closer checked early on in that game, and that that might have, you know, sort of set the Eagles on a better path earlier.
Speaker 1: On in that one.
Speaker 28: But yeah, it can be frustrating. They'll generally lock down hard on on one or two and then the rest. It's more about that that team defensive effort.
Speaker 1: Yep, thanks cause O, good on your mate, and we'll go through the round in just a moment, so to give perhaps a chance to look at the round that was albeit during a by round and not a full number of games. Who's the free O barometer player? Perhaps when you're watching if someone's on if that, if that, if that does exist, who's the barometer player for Freo? Who's on shape Bolton?
Speaker 28: I think he's the difference maker for them when when you look at it, if he's on and up and firing the free metal or a chance to win another twenty odd disposals and three goals on the weekend. He's that last piece of the puzzle they were searching for to kick you a goal when you when you need it, when when you don't have that perfect system going forward. He can just create something out of nothing. And that tackle he did to create that last job straight away, didn't he He knew straight away what the play was, didn't he. Well, mentioning that interview with Caleb Sarong, he couldn't believe that Luke Jackson kicked that ball across the corridor at that stage of the game. He was having a few heart palpitations from that point because generally in that situation, if you're Luke Jackson, you're not kicking it back into the corridor because if you turn it over there the other opposition team can sweep it back up the field and score. At the other end, you're supposed to go down the line into the pocket, lock it in there, take more seconds off the clock. But he kicked it across the face of goals. The Sons look like they're about to sweep it away. Bolton lays the tackle, Ames kicks the goal and Freemattle win. But I'm a little bit with you too, Bowie. I think Patrick Voss might not be the barometer, but he is the energizer. He is the one that gets his team fired up, and he just tries to hurt people out on the field, and you know, in a legal way, but he throws his body weight around and if he can, if he can finish a bit better than he has to start his career, he'd be a very valuable member forward line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt. Let's go through the round quickly. Perhaps get your thoughts as we reflect on this holiday Monday day. Looking back at the round that was, it seemed like an age ago, but Brisbane not comfortably at the end. I suppose Essendon really had a run of lessondent run up Brisbane ninety to seventy two, eighteen point win at the Gabba. They find a way brisy.
Speaker 23: They do.
Speaker 28: Not playing their best footy Brisbane, but they're second on the table, which is I think a very scary thing for the rest of the competition, and they've got players to come back into that as well. Esson We're pretty gallant their young players coming through. Nate Caddy in particular, it was a bit of a breakout game for him and something for Bombers fans to look towards the future. But Brisbane just kind of keep ticking off the wins that they need to have. They'll have a couple of down weeks here or there, but for them it's not about now, it's you know, in three months time when they're gearing up for a tilted going back to back.
Speaker 1: Sam Mitchell has always said maybe Hawthorne aren't that good just yet. He's always consistently said that we saw on Friday night Collie would certainly show them up fifty one points.
Speaker 28: Yeah, it was a poor performance from the Hawks, a bit of soul searching for them to do. Colling with again supreme with their ball movement and their efficiency inside fifty and their pressure on the contest. They're just such a well organized team, it kind of doesn't matter who's out there for the Pies, they just all roll as one. For Hawthorne, though, yeah, had some concerns about them a few weeks ago and whether they could sort of go on a bit of a run. Here, they're the team that's in danger of falling out of the eight right now. They're level on points with Hawthorne, the Giants and Freemantle on twenty eight, so the doc is equal six at the moment, just a little bit back on percentage. But the Hawks, when you look at their win loss and who they've beaten again a bit like we're talking before with this this and then, they've only beaten those teams that are well below them on the table. They haven't claimed a win against a side that's going to be one of those real contenders yet. And they've got a couple of big games coming up which is really going to sort out there he's in over the next couple of weeks. The biggest win of the season was against the Giants back in I think Round one or round two, but since then they've only beaten teams sort of down the lower end of the table, so we don't really know with Hawthorne yet until we see if they can actually beat one of those teams that are in the top four free We've talked about them a great eleven point winning the wet and just showed so much a ticker and ways to goal and ways to win. So huge team effort, then sucked in dinner GWS Versus a three point game. In the end, GWS just sneak home courtesy of almost like an inspired Callen Ward at three quarter a time with the big rev up. This is one of the great things I think we've seen in footy Simon, and I think as time passes, this will be a moment that's talked about in footy history.
Speaker 1: So Callen Ward for those that missed it.
Speaker 28: He's been a giant for a very long time, made the switch to go up there and leave the Bulldogs, and he's been sort of the heart and soul of that club for a very long time. We knew that this was going to be his final year, and then the first quarter of this game he goes to layer tackle and his knee goes from underneath him, and pretty clearly everyone knew straight away it was going to be an acl which means season over, which means career over. He was emotional on the bench being consoled by his teammates. Yeah, came across while he was laying there getting the ACL test done and he was in tears Callen Wood, which is not what you see from him generally. He's, you know, one of the hardest players in the competition. But for him to then go to his side, pick himself up, with all the personal thoughts that he'd be going through that was his last game of footy, to then go and give the address to his team at three quarter time, that is incredible stuff. To be able to put your own personal trauma aside and go out there and for the team, give them that speech and he's lifted them to victory by doing so. He's just one of the incredible footy moments. And a three point win to the Giants. They played terribly all day till that last quarter, able to just roll over the top of a very gallant Richmond team and they're aside. Richmond have shown a lot more this year, and I think a lot of people they would, yeah, given the youngsters in their team, but the Giants needed to get the win they did, and absolute all credit to Callen Ward. It's such a sad thing to see him finish his career with a knee injury like that.
Speaker 1: It looks that way, doesn't it.
Speaker 28: Still waiting on official confirmation that it's that acl, but it looks that way.
Speaker 1: Doesn't get to go out on his terms either, which is a shame for a bloke who's been these nicknames. Cement Head, isn't it up there? It's just hard at hard as so he's like a ripping fellow too. The Melbourne Express slows up courtesy Is and Kilda. Often the form gets thrown around in Darwin, doesn't it? Or in our spring? Sorry Alianz this one?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 28: Was it at Sint Kilda's expense or was it at Melbourne's expense? Because they kicked seven goals twenty one? Simon seven goals twenty one and they go down by twenty eight points. I mean they kick a little bit straight out there. They had all the opportunity to win that game of footy, but they don't get it done. Usually a bit of an ugly affair when ross Line and the Saints are involved and St Kilda get a win. Still not sure what they are as a footy side. This year they sort of win some games you don't expect them to and then lose ones that they absolutely should win. And it's exactly the same with Melbourne. The Days were on a bit of a roll. They were starting to get back to some of their best form. But are they too far away? They're two games outside the eight now. If they had won that game, you know they'd be leveled with the Bulldogs and Essendon and knocking on the door of the top eight. But it might just be a stretch too far without the form line that they need to be actually and pushing towards a top eight spot. And did you hear ross Line after the game yesterday? They asked him what he was up to for his mid season break and he says, oh, I'm off to Vegas.
Speaker 1: I'm head in Vegas for the week. He's a mystery. Brad Hardy calls in the master deflector will come back in just a moment, Adam Pappoli, We've been through the round. We talked about the Eagles as well. We'll come back in just a moment. We have got the soccer is gaming in our city coming up this week and it's a it's on, it's a legit game. It's a qualifier for the World Cup. The soccer who's playing Japan? How good? Stay listening. I'm going to talk to one of the soccer us on the program in just a moment with a straighter playing Japan in a live qualifier coming up. So Indonesia still still to come, and Japan so well and truly in the in the thick of things, perhaps only a year out from the World Cup to be played in the USA, and it's this is a big night and it's sold out at opposite this week. Adam, I have a year, No adamo for you today? Have a yeah, No, we'll o in a year. No, So just yes, no answers if you will. Absolutely, Collingwood are premiership favorites. No, Brisbane are premiership favorites. Yes, Collingwood are more annoying than Brisbane. Yes. Angus Brayshaw should have been sent off for an HIA head injury assessment after his head knock yesterday. No, but Andrew should have no sorry, sorry, my apologies. Andrew Brayshaw should have been sent off after his head knock yesterday for an HIA assessment or an HIA. Yes, but it was a very courageous act. Was an incredible act and that art will great last two minutes from interesting one, isn't it? Technically? How how that's going to roll out? Sorry about the angus and the Andrew listeners. Harley Reid needs to be on the front page every week. No, Eagles fans are just glad they didn't lose by ten goals to a premiership contender on national television.
Speaker 19: Yes.
Speaker 1: Calling Sidney a bit of a rabble, it's like saying someone is half pregnant because they are a big rabble. Yes, I think yes they are at the moment, aren't they? That was was it two points at halftime? Yeah? Shocking?
Speaker 28: The Swonso fallen a long way off some real issues for Dane Cox to try to navigate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on Cox, sye the Saints w are a footy tip is worse night to me? Yes, the Dockers are a foot tipper's worst nightmare. Yes, but less so in the last month. Yeah, we're good answer supposed to Yes? Nos, but on standard because it's because it's you and you're a good man filling in for us today. Cane Corn should have a little break, Yes, because he is You're you're a very good g WS. Collen ward is the heart, the soul, the number one ticket holder, the patron, the best man of that club. Massive. Yes, g s could potentially rename their best and fairest award from the Kevin Sheedy met Little Medal to the Callen Ward Medal.
Speaker 28: No, maybe you do joint the Seedy Ward Medal. Maybe yeah, but you don't take someone off it. Yeah, okay, yeah, that's a good point. The buye the this is that concludes the yes. No, Adam, oh, thank you perhaps appreciate that and thanks for filling into today Ryan's phone in today, Ryan, good, thank you far away.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 27: I just think do you agree that the Eagles need to recruit more the B and C grade experience confielders through the free agency in the next year or two just to help the likes of Harley Yo and a lif to Hewart and the Guts. You've seen some of their experience guys become less reliable. So Sheed and you have both missed a lot of footing in recent years through injury. Kim Kelly's form has dropped off in a big way. And don't you think they just need some more experience like the likes of Jack Graham to come in and help Harley read Alshih Hewart and go.
Speaker 23: In the guts.
Speaker 28: Thanks you, cal Ryan. I don't agree with you on this one because I think they've done that now. I think bringing Baker and Graham in has been good, not excellent, but good solid. It has helped out. But I think now it is all about young talent, and I think they've got those players that they think can start to roll through there. So if you can keep if you've got Elijah Hewitt going in there, you just want to give them the bulk of the midfield time and let them go to work. And it's about hitting the draft now and completely going that way. I think you've still got now that you've brought in Graham and Baker. I don't think you want to bring too many more of those guys around that age into the side as you bring a whole bunch of young guys through.
Speaker 1: So I think you've done that now. Hit the draft.
Speaker 28: That would be my big thing for the Eagles for the next couple of years, And something I think they should have done two or three years ago is go harder at the draft and have you know that really solid young crop of good draft that he's coming through so they've sort of had this sign in this weird rebuild, but it's taken a very long time to pull the trigger and go through it. They've got a stack of draft picks coming up this year. I think, no, just just go young, keep getting the talent in the door. Stick with the older guys that you've got there now for another two years or so, and then by that stage that the young guys now you're Hewitts and your Reds if he's still there, and a couple of other guys coming through, will be getting towards their sort of prime years of football.
Speaker 1: And we'll be able to take the club forward. Thanks Ryan, Thanks you Core Mating in the running for Call of the Day. Perhaps the fans don't necessarily like the buy. The players want it. They demand it through you know, their affiliations with the AFL, through the Players Association and the like. What a gun commentators like yourself think of this buy situation that we have over these two weekends.
Speaker 28: It's not two weekends this year, Simon, it's four weekends I think, or maybe five this year.
Speaker 1: It goes for a long time. The buy rounds this week.
Speaker 28: So they've done it in dreams and drabs a little bit more by just giving you know, sort of four teams a week a week off and rolling it through over the next month. I'm starting to come around to just have a whole weekend off and just get it run, to have a buyer, commentators included, and then reset and go. I just don't know what you sort of fit in that week. Perhaps you know, the AFL are keen to promote the Northern rounds, so maybe you go back to how they used to have it, where it was a buy for everyone except for maybe four teams, and you just do it over a two week period and there's one round that significantly compromised and you play, you know, two games up in Queensland and make it a Northern Round. Or Sydney and Collingwood used to be that traditional fixture that have standalone on a Saturday night, played one game in Sydney, one game in Brisbane and do it as a split round like that. We've got two games one week and seven on the week after and just get it done. It's sort of I think it loses a bit of momentum when you drag it out over as many weekends as they are, and the ladders so compromised for that long through the period of time that you don't know exactly where everybody sits. So I think there is a better formula to it.
Speaker 1: And just finally, Adam, if I may, we've got two Wada derbies today, the classic clash down in Frio East from Antle, South from Antle, top of the table clash you do you like there?
Speaker 28: I'll always go with the home team there. I think it's at Fremantle Community Bank Oval, of course, but I think South from Outal for me today, I think they'll be stronger.
Speaker 1: I'm like you looking more at the other one.
Speaker 28: Even though East from Oundel and South from out will get there, they get all the headlines for the w Ada Derby. I think East Perth and West Perth is going to be a really good game, as it always is. But I believe no Hamish Brayshaw for the Royals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a big loss. I'm a fair way removed from it, but I reckon there'll be a little bit of Adam set Selwood sentiment at East Perth as well, which will have in fairy Galvan eyes, but no Hammer Brayshaw, which they'll they'll feel that. So picking the mighties there. Absolutely stick with the Mighty Royals and we'll go with ease Perth. Yeah all right, Adam, thank you for coming off the bench today, magnificent and we look forward to hearing you on six Hours soon anytime.
Speaker 28: So I'm looking forward to another big weekend the foot He moves to the Southwest for the first time for Premiership points on Sunday is the Eagles head down to take on North Melbourne. So that's going to be terrific, good highlight down there on a great part.
Speaker 1: Of the world.
Speaker 28: And still not sure what North Melbourne are doing selling home games if they're going to be a credible footy club, But if they want to sell them to us, we'll take it every day of the week and you'd play some extra footy over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you mate, Thanks for coming on and having a chat to our listeners today. Cheers Paps. Thanks to Adam Papalia, our sports director at six PR. Matt, stay there, matell, come back and get you. In just a second, we're going to speak to soccer U as his bay itch in just a moment, of course. The Melbourne City captain fresh off a win on the weekend, but he's playing up. The soccer Wu's are playing Japan this week at a qualify at our ground. It's sold out and it's a live legit qualifier for USA twenty twenty six. There mate, Ken says, the soccer use is not sold out. I can still buy tickets. Thanks Ken, Thanks letting us know that's what we will. Were told that today and Ken reckons the seedings being extanded onto the ground for the soccer Use. Thanks Ken, And in answer to your question, I do believe that's happened before four K tanger Sports at the ground previously, So good luck mate in enjoy that. So it's a live, legitimate qualifier for USA twenty twenty six. When the Soccero's take on Japan this week at Optics Stadium. We are going to talk to as his Bach in just a moment. He is, of course one of the soccer U's defenders in a mighty mighty part of the as the captain of Melbourne City. He's a fresh off Melbourne City had a one nil win in the A League Grand Final over Melbourne Victory on Saturday night and as its Beach joins us now as he's today Simon Beaumont, good to talk to you.
Speaker 23: Hey you going mate, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we're more than welcome. Very exciting this live legit qualify have you. Did you have a chance to celebrate your club win on the weekend or straight on the plane and back on the waters.
Speaker 23: Yeah, it was a little bit of both. We had a little family function which is nice, just a rod labor across the road, so we got to spend a bit of time there and obviously, yeah we're straight to business the next morning on the flight and here in Perth now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fantastic, great to have you here and Japan, Japan and the business, aren't they mate. You've got to you've got to, you got to step right up here.
Speaker 23: Yeah, definitely. Obviously quick mentality switch a lot on the line riding for us, So yeah, look it's really exciting. Obviously it's been a home game as well and been in Perth, a beautiful place to play out again, so yeah, look, were all excited and expecting a great game.
Speaker 1: In terms of bringing the team together, this is always the always the dilemma for national teams going into camps coming from all around the world or around Australia to be together. How do you sort of get that. How do you gel before the game?
Speaker 23: Yeah, look, obviously international football is different. You know a lot of the times you don't have much time to prepare. But obviously the coaching stuff put on a good pre camp for the boys that finish their seasons early in Aberdabi, so that obviously helped. But yeah, look, the environment we've always set within our national team in Australia is we just make everyone comfortable and we have a great connection with whoever comes in. And yeah, look that I think they'll play no problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you know what this Japan team, what do you know about them made? And how did he prepare for them? Because they they've been at the top of our region or they're thereabouts for some time, haven't They're they're a big bit of kit.
Speaker 23: Yeah, look, they're going to be. They're a great squad, that's for sure. But I think you know, the game we played in Japan, we matched them really well. I thought we performed really well that night. And yeah, look we're expecting a tough game, but we just got to focus on ourselves. I think, you know, since the Boss has come in, we've improved in every camp, in every game, and so it's going to be no different leading into this one. And obviously we're on home curf, so it's added bonus, big crowd. So yeah, look, we're all excited and excited to take the game to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Popovich does bring that, doesn't he. He He's a he's a winner. How do you get on with him? Is he?
Speaker 23: Is?
Speaker 1: He sort of as ruthless and as single minded and focused as he seems to the fans.
Speaker 12: Me.
Speaker 23: Yeah, look, I love working under him. You know, he's been a breath of fresh air I think for us as a playing group. And he said the standards straight away and all life as a playing group, we're board in straight away, and I think you can see that in the performances. Like I said, you know, we've just improved in every single game we've played under him, and we're only going to get better. And like I said, you know, the standards are really high. It's not just in the games, but in day to day and the way players need to prepare and look after themselves. And on the training pitch, you know, we train like we play. So yeah, look it's been great, and you know we just got a couple more hurdles to reach our end goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure if you've come across it yet, as Is, but Julie make your nutritionist is she's a Perth girl, and she's she's spent a lot of time talking to our lis is on this program and as you say, the prep Tony and her get on famously, but he wants to make sure you're looking after yourself off the pitch.
Speaker 23: Hey, yeah, definitely. Yeah, she's been a great addition to the obviously to our group and making sure, like I said, you know, we're professional athletes, so you need to prepare everything to a tea and she's a big part of that with nutrition and you know, supplements and those kind of things. And yeah, look, you know you can see change in a lot of boys with their bodies or you know, obviously less injuries. So yeah, she's played a massive part in joining our group.
Speaker 1: Always one of if she's any good, I'm I'll pass it on to as Is. It's good good hey mate, Jackson Irvine and Harry Suit you know, under clouds, under injury clouds, but some of the soccer is great. Paul oak On Paul Oak on English to earn earns his call up. So young the young guys bring some energy.
Speaker 23: Right, Yeah, definitely. Look, you know, obviously you never like seeing boys miss out Judy injury, but you know that's part of our game and it opens the door for for another player to come in. So yeah, look, obviously they're they're losses, but you know we gain a new player, like you said, with Paul Oakland Junior. So yeah, look, I haven't had my training session yet with him, but obviously he saw the way he was with the twenties and obviously if the boss has selected him, he's doing the right things at his club football and that's why he's here. You know, you don't just get selected here by doing nothing, So he's obviously been performing and yeah, look excited to see you know what he's like. And I'm sure with everyone else you know, we're going to bring a lot of energy going into this game this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done on Saturday night, big win for you guys for Melbourne City and as the skipper, I'm sure you're very proud and we will be right behind you when you take on Japan this week.
Speaker 23: Good luck, Thank you very much, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cheers mate, As he's bach these powerful defender for Melbourne City and they have a win on Saturday night one nil over Melbourne victory. But yeah big and as Ken, one of our listens said, it's not sold out, so it looks like there's still tickets of our ob check that Ken, Thank you mate. The soccer Oo's back in back in town should be a big crowd and as I said to the Weather Bureau this morning, the Bureau of Meteorology should be a dry night as well. So get along if you can. Four minutes to midday. Shannon Lush will join us after midday today on this holiday Monday, on Wa Day, get your cleaning questions in. My advice to you is to not ring in on your speakerphone, just ring in, so give Shaddon a reason to tell you all. Shannon fixes things since she cleans things, so he's joining us after the midday news. Thanks for your thoughts. Is Wa the best place to live in the world? The yeses are fifty ones and the nose are twenty six. Thanks for your thoughts. Masahi Mars the by Mids are absolutely crapholer. It should be won by weekend only, Masa. I think the players want to mate. Hey, Oscar Allen should be traded he's got wonky knees is Don, He's good yesterday, Don. And this one here from this one here from one of our listeners. Hey, good chat. But I don't think West Coast were thrashed right in up to the halfway through the last quarter of the Best Game this year, the young fellows are finally starting click Edwards, Jimby Off, Harley Hewett future looking up says bomb and it's a person's name Bomb, Midday News Now and then Shannon Lush. Yeah, Shannon Lush is going to join us on the show in just a moment. She fixes things, Shannon, so she we're just calling her back. So we're having a few telecoms issues at the moment. So if you want to phone Shannon you can, as you know, she fixes things. Anything you like, one double three a eighty two. My advice to you would be don't phone her on the speakerphone and make sure your phone line is nice and clear. So it's a holiday weekend where we are not where Shannon is, of course, and she'll join us on the program in just a sec. If you want to ring, you can one double three a totty two. Anything you like. Shannon Lush, She fixes things, and she joins us right now, Hi, Shannon, how are you?
Speaker 6: Give me a sec.
Speaker 1: Hello, Shannon?
Speaker 19: How are you?
Speaker 1: Shannon there? Hallo, Shannon, we got you. How are you?
Speaker 11: I'm here?
Speaker 1: You doing? Yeah, very well? Thanks? Holiday weekend over here. So people I reckon they're either on a day trip, there's a bit of rain coming in this afternoon, or maybe they're around, you know, doing a bit of home improvement, fixing things.
Speaker 11: Well, that's always good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is, isn't it? Do you? You sort of do it naturally. It's part of your life and you're satisfying for you, isn't it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, very love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And any tips of people like myself and need a bit of motivating.
Speaker 11: Do things in bite sized pieces. It's how I train kids with cleaning, and it works for everything. I mean, when you want to teach a kid how to clean their room, you give them a hula hoop and you throw the hula hoop over the messiest part of the room and they only have to clean wat's in side the hula hoop, and then all you do is move the hula hoop every day. By the end of the week, they've cleaned their room and they know how they got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, manageable chunks, hey, yep yeah, or invite someone over for dinner, and then you've got to do it, don't you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I mean I love having garden parties. And when I have a garden party, it's not you know, tea and SCons, it's everybody comes in their overalls and brings garden tools with them when we work in the garden.
Speaker 1: Very good. I like it a busy bee, Shanne, lush busy bee. Yeah, Nolene, I think we've had this question many many times, you and I over the years. Nolan has got some dog wee on a cloth lounge a stain, right, what do you reckon?
Speaker 11: Well, you clean it with white vinegar perk to get rid of the smell and the urine. But if it's a stain, it's likely been there long enough that there's almost no urine left and it's likely to need to use glycerin. So you just use a couple of drops of glycerin onto an old toothpost, lightly brush it across the top of the stain, leave it for an hour and a half, and then take a cake of damp bathroom so scribble on it like you're using a crayon, and rub it out with a cold damp cloth, and when you finish getting the stain out, evenly damp the entire panel so that you don't.
Speaker 5: End up with watermark.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Noline, hope that helped. I hope you were listening in today, Shannon. And I've got a block's being cleared recently in my little neighborhood. I've killed nine mice in seven days in my home. They're little, tiny ones. Not sure how they got in, not sure how many more. There are a bit of mechanical trapping, a little bit of electronic deterrent. What's the Shannon Lush method.
Speaker 11: Well, there's snake pool. That's one of the best ways to do it. You just put snakepool around the house.
Speaker 1: Pet shops swright, don't they.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so do.
Speaker 11: Reptile parks and catch and release programs. They will sell it and it's dehydrated snakepood We can't smell it, but they can, and they just it's just a natural predator. So that just keeps them away. But I do like the electronic deterrence. They work very well. And when we had mouse plays last year and that it got rid of them in forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, yeah, it is. Yeah, I mean if if I use the snake, if I deploy the snakepoo, and I am worried that they might they're in the house in number already.
Speaker 11: Well if you see them, they are okay, yep, yep, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well as I say, ninety seven days, so they are hopefully that their numbers are things.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The other thing that you can use, peppermint oil is a really great deterrent they because it interrupts there because they are attracted to food by smell. That's how they hunt by smell, and pepna oil muddles up there their sense of smell, so they can't smell where food is. If you use a spray bottle and you put half a tea spent of pepmine oil into a liter of water in a spray bottle and just missed it around the floor, they won't come in because they can't smell food anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. If they're in there already somewhere and I can't find them, just mechanical with those methods might causing a move outside your him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, most definitely. If they can't smell food, they will move somewhere else because they follow the food.
Speaker 30: They do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, just a little look online. Snakepool's about fifteen bucks, so that's a very modestly priced I will have a look at that one thing.
Speaker 11: Yea, and it lasts for a long time. Snakepoo. You only have to put a couple of discs in the corner of each room, and that's enough to do the whole room because mask smell. That smell really strong and it's that's Yeah, they don't like snake snakes at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, no, no, because I think they're going to get eaten. If you'd like to speak to Shannelus, you can one double three eighty two. Shannon fixes things, what projects on the go at the moment, Shannon in the lost home.
Speaker 11: Oh, I'm doing a whole lot of glass staining at the moment. Bed lighting and glass staining.
Speaker 18: Yeah, okay, I do lots of things.
Speaker 1: I get that sense. So the years, when I have chatted for years, I know there's never a dull moment. No, I like creating, Brennan says, I use Shannon. This is a SEMs, Shanne. I use Shannon's washing machine met I've got a three year old toilet training At the moment, I'm presuing it's a three year old person. What's the best way scented additive to really neutralize any smell, especially as you get the daycare cloth at the end of the day.
Speaker 11: No, if you're using the washing formula properly, you won't get any residual smell. Is a resid You don't try and ever try and cover a smell with another smell, because often it will actually set the original smell.
Speaker 23: It's not not getting rid of it.
Speaker 11: If you can smell something, it means there's something wrong. So the if it's a top loader, you need to use one quarter of the recommended quantity of soapowder or liquid and add two tablespoons of bike up soda to it, and in your fabric condition slot to use two tablespoons of white vinegar.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 11: That that's for all of your washing. And will your clothes come cleaner, They stay cleaner longer, and they dry one third fast and it's much much cheaper. If you've got a front loader, there's recipes the same, it's just one. It's the recommended quantity.
Speaker 23: Of soap, powder or liquid.
Speaker 11: All the rest of it's the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you, Shannon. John's fined in there you go, Brendan good I John.
Speaker 5: Hello, I've had a mother anderity drinks flow in my car and it's gone all over my car rooflining.
Speaker 11: Yep, you'll need to spunge it down with white vinegar. Just a small amount of white vinegar on a cloth and wipe it over and make sure you do the entire panel. Otherwise with sort of these watermarks that look like they're brown.
Speaker 7: Okay, yep, so do the whole roads, Yeah, whole.
Speaker 11: Feeling with white vinegar on a cloth. Just wring the cloth out in white vinegar and give it a good scrub and it'll come straight.
Speaker 19: Out all right, beautiful.
Speaker 23: Thank you very much, Thanks jos, very welcome.
Speaker 1: Thanks sir shouting sixteen minutes sixteen minutes past twelve here in Perth, Happy w A day to all of our listeners. We are keeping a poll today. Is WA the best place in the world to live? I'll bring you up today with that before one o'clock comes around.
Speaker 11: Pretty bloody marbles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all right in that.
Speaker 23: Oh, I love going to w A.
Speaker 11: It's just wonderful.
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 17: It's now.
Speaker 1: And for our listeners. You live in rural New South Wales, don't you? Yeah yeah, I do in the hills in the mountains. Yeah yeah, nice, good on you. That's not bad either, and we'll come back more. Shannon Lush to give us a call one level three ay two, sixteen and a half minutes past midday. That diesel, Bruce, that's diesel, isn't it. Yeah, I can. We're going to do West Australian songs before the day's out. Your favorite WA songs on WADA that's coming up in just a moment. Shannon Lush is with us. She fixes things. Joe's phone in Gid Joe, Hello, Yellow, Hi who we got lie? Bob? Hi Bob?
Speaker 31: How are you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 32: That's it yep. I've recently moved into a little house and the people that were there before they put reflector tape on the wall. Now the reflector tapes come off and in its place is no more nails, and it looks it's horrible. Every time I drive into my carboard I look at it and go, it's just I've got to get.
Speaker 8: Rid of it.
Speaker 32: But I have no idea where to start.
Speaker 11: All you need to do is get yourself a bucket of boiler water, a hair dry and into the water. Sorry, yep, so.
Speaker 32: I had thought of the hair dryer, but I thought i'd consult you to be absolutely certain.
Speaker 11: Into the bucket of boiling water, you put a teaspoon of tea tree oil, get yourself a rolled up croth.
Speaker 26: To use with it.
Speaker 11: You rub the boiling Make sure you wear rubber gloves because you've got to have the water boiling, and you saturated with with the water with the tea tree oil, and you run the hair dry back. It was important across it and it'll just turn to Google and it just comes straight off.
Speaker 32: Thank you so much, it's a.
Speaker 33: Thank you.
Speaker 23: It'll be gone.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard that before. Is it so reflect the tape in the dry in the carboard? So you just don't drive into the water.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the no more else is what she was trying to remove. It in odhesive and it's it's quite a strong adhesive, but it dissolves in hot water and tea tree oil.
Speaker 1: All right, we're going to Tanya. Now, get Tanya.
Speaker 33: Hello, how are you? My question is I got married the other day and the weather it had been raining on and off, and my wedding shoes look like they're quite waters stained. Would there be any suggestions on how to clean clean them?
Speaker 23: What are they made of?
Speaker 33: I think it's like a cynthia, a synthetic saturin type of a fabric.
Speaker 12: Yep, Okay.
Speaker 11: The easiest thing to do is to just use white spirits and talcum powder. Now, white spirits you get from the hardware store. It's not methylated spirits, and it's not VOD because I don't drink it. It's called white spirits. You wipe them over evenly so that the entire panels evenly damp with the white spirits, and then you give it a really good coverage with talcumpowder, not baby powder, talcum powder. Leave it to dry. Do not touch it while it's drying, your nose it's dry, because the tal compatible will all go fluffy again. Once it is dry, you just brush it off with it with a soft brush and it'll get rid of the stains. Awesome, Thank you so much, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tanner, thanks for calling in this sort of casually got married the other week from days, No big deal. Get AJF Greetings.
Speaker 5: Greeting Simon, Thanks Shannon using your stage completion of tasks, and I will make that excuse instead of procrastination. Shannon, how I did the last six meter section of my roof cutters this morning prior to our sixty odd meals of rain. We're going to get moss and like and on clay tiles. Is it apart from not letting the neighbors leaves land on the roof, which is so difficult to achieve, how can I minimize the moss and likenments growing.
Speaker 11: If you go to your hardware store and go to the swimming pool section, you'll see always moods that say alga side. You need to read the fine print on them and find any of those bottles that contain copper salt bait. So it's an alga side that contains copper salt baate. You put two tablespoons of it into a bucket of water and you just sweep it over the surface. If it's awkward for you to reach, you can get one of those backpack sprayers from your local nursery that you can hire for the day, and you just make up the solution and put it into the backpack sprayer and spray it. You don't have to do anything after that. You don't hose it off, don't sweep it off, just leave it there. A couple of days later, it'll blow away by itself. And because it'll shrivel up and die and blow away and the resid you will inhibit regrowth.
Speaker 5: Great, thank you. I used that same I've used that already for my roll out awning on my old caravan, so yeah, it works. True, we've got the product.
Speaker 1: I'll use that one powers Safety mate.
Speaker 5: Very good and just down the road from Safety Bay Settlements of course, which.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that mate, very nice working. Thanks Jeff. Jeff from Safety Bay on the coast, probably about forty five k south of Perth. Shannon did a Maggie, Oh hi.
Speaker 30: Yes, I've got blue gum wood on my floors and I decided I wanted to bring up the shine. And normally my husband does polish as the floor, but I decided to do it and I.
Speaker 32: Used hardwood polish restorer.
Speaker 30: And what has happened is left like a film like almost like a smeared batter on it. And my poor husband was not impressed. He has been cleaning and cleaning it to try and take it off and we can't think for anything.
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, what's happened is what was the original coating on the timber.
Speaker 30: It was semi like semi gloss.
Speaker 11: Sorry, I can you've just moved away from the part water bay. It was a water based semi gloss.
Speaker 23: Okay.
Speaker 7: See the product that.
Speaker 11: You have put over the top of it has actually burnt into the surface. You're going to need to use glitcerin to remove it. What thank you're doing? Yeah, glcerin when you're doing it with glitcier And there's an easy way to do it. If you roll a pair of panty hose up in a tight ball and leave the last bit of waste elastic loose so it can go over the top of your foot. You put the ball of panty hose underneath your foot, you put the glittering onto the onto the panty hose ball, and then you just rub your feet over the floor and you'll get rid of it.
Speaker 31: Okay.
Speaker 11: I hoped by otherwise, And that way you don't have to bend to do it.
Speaker 1: Maggie. Do you know where to get glittering from?
Speaker 31: Maggie, No, I don't.
Speaker 24: Where would I get it from?
Speaker 11: You can get it from the supermarket. It's in three places in the supermarket. It's in the bathroom aile next to the soaps, It's in the nappy aisle next to the nappy creams, and it's in the cooking aisle next to the icing sugar. Okay, ether the liquid or yeah it is. It's a liquid. Okay? And how much do I understand? Well, you just damp the bandy hose with the glycerom and you just polish it with it a lot. It goes a long way. You can do an area about two square meters with a teaspoon, okay for teethpoint all right, okay, teaspoon for every two square meters.
Speaker 1: Thanks Maggie, Okay, thank you very much. You're welcome. Thank you're welcome for calling in. Thanks Channa. Twenty seven past midday. A couple of text messages that have come in today. Homesey, you're a naughty boy. I'm not going to read that out. Pete says I have grease stains on high coy wood paneling that I can't seem to get rid of. Any suggestions.
Speaker 18: Please, I need more information.
Speaker 1: You need more information, Pete, Try and get back to us if you can. This one from Peter how to get rid of mold on vinyl car seats? So what can you use it to stop it from recurring?
Speaker 11: The best way to remove it is with oil of clothes solution. It's a quarter of teaspin of oil of cloves into a liter of water in a spray bottle. Mist it over, leave it on for twenty four hours, and then just wipe it off with a cloth wrung out in white vinegar.
Speaker 1: There you go, Pete. Thank you, Shannon. This one's from Steve O. How do you get bacon fat out of a dark jumper? Thanks Steve O.
Speaker 11: All you need to do is get a couple of drops of normal dish washing liquid that's not one of the ego varieties. Just normal dish washing liquid on your fingertips, no water, just dish washing liquid, and you rub it into the spot with your eyes shut, and you shut your eyes so you can feel when it changes texture. You'll know that it's done because you'll suddenly feel it'll suddenly feel like jelly under your fingers when you rubbed it enough. That means it's multified and it'll rinse out in cold water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, Steve O. Thank you, mate, and keep that bacon away from you. A jumper mate, probably cooking, i'd say. Karen, Hi, Karen shann and our caravan toilet is plastic is become stained orange brown, possibly from wee wee. How can I clean it up?
Speaker 11: It's more likely that it's from cleaning products that orange brown is. Usually where the polycarbonate is actually burnt. Is glicerin and tal conpowder approximately equal parts. Make a paste of it. It should be the consistency of spreadable butter. Polish it on with a pair of pannios, Leave it on for twenty minutes, and polish it back off again. Repeat if necessary, because depending on how far into the plastic it's burnt, because that's what it is, it's char you may need to do it again. If you do, leave it twenty four hours in between attempts and you'll get it clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Shannon, thanks very much for joining us today. To all the callers and text messages who who correspondence you got in touch with us, thank you. We obviously love having you on board. And Shannon, thanks for helping us to fix things over here on WADAY.
Speaker 11: Really all right, oh worry, Thank you very much, for having me wonderful day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. We will and talk to you soon.
Speaker 11: Hey you betch I see you later.
Speaker 1: Thanks for Shannon Channel US. She fixes things. One double three A two meter is the phone number. We will take pause. We get some news headlines from our man John Nichols. It's w a holiday day, wa day, and I'll bring up to date with our question today. Is w A the best place in the world to live? It's a yes, no question. We'll come back in just a moment. We're going to go to Bianca Carboni as well. We talked about that e scooter who had a day in court today after pranging into a pedestrian on Saturday night corner of Murray and King Street in the CBD. We'll talk to Bianca Carboni in just a moment to find out what's happened.
Speaker 34: Back in a moment, had a text we've got a crashing factor car roll over on Tonkin Highway southbound at Leech Highway at Perth. They poured various lanes blocked there with Toey's on site and emergency services. Traffic heavy on approach. You'll do yourself for a favor if you avoid the area. Apart from that nodal as on the Mitchell Kanana Graham Farmer north Bridge Tunnel in the city or Metro. I'm Bruce Welsh on Perth's traffic leader six PR.
Speaker 1: Happy Wa day, John. How are you are you feeling West Australian.
Speaker 4: Totally per Isn't it great?
Speaker 1: It is great? It is a great John. Is WA the best place in the world to live? Look at our Yes nos? Could you read those out for us?
Speaker 4: Oh, I've never had to do this. Yes, fifty three, No, twenty six. Practically two to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, practically two to one. Now, thank you for coming in. Let's take pause, listen, let's go to our newsroom at six PR. John Nichols, good afternoon, Thank.
Speaker 4: You, Simon, good afternoon. State Treasurer has stopped short of denying that household power and water rates will increase in the forthcoming budget. Rich As Safiote deniers reports that bills could go up by three percent, but she says the ZACH figures won't be revealed until Budget Day later in the month. Miss Saffiotti also says she won't block the controversial bare knuckle Fighting Championships from being held here if the event is approved. Despite the objections of the AMA and others wearing her Sport and Recreation Minister hat Miss Safiotti says it's up to individuals if they want to support any of the many combat sports events that are held every month. The United States says Australia should increase defense spending by forty billion dollars a year in a bid to counter the growing threat posed by China. The federal government says it's open to spending war, but it won't pick an arbitrary number. In soccer, Joe Montemiro has been announced as the new Matilda's head coach and the soccer Oos have arrived in Perth to prepare for Thursday's World Cup qualifier at the Stadium twenty three degrees at the moment. Shower is developing today with a possible storm down to thirteen overnight, much the same tomorrow and on Wednesday with temperatures around twenty More News.
Speaker 1: At one, Thanks John John, as we head towards one o'clock and handing the reins over to Rusty Killette on WADA do you have a w A song or West Australian song or artist that you're enamored of?
Speaker 4: I would like to suggest something that's a bit of lightweight pop, and it's often to cry it as such, but I think lightweight pop is pretty dumb good. I'd like to recommend the New Guys.
Speaker 1: And in your Car, John, Yeah, what year was that? You think?
Speaker 4: I'm guessing eighty one?
Speaker 1: Eighty one eighty perhaps Lee singer's name Linda Nutter, Yeah, Linda Nutter.
Speaker 4: Peter Crosby is the keyboard player.
Speaker 35: And he was the musical director of a show I was in at Uwa called Fest Mafooria Zus Greek apparently anyway, the Mafias exactly well done, and that they had a rap party at his place I think, and his band played and I didn't know who they were.
Speaker 4: But they were the guys at a party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, pretty cool, Yeah, very cool?
Speaker 29: What on?
Speaker 1: John? Thank you very much. That kicks us off for our Wa songs and bands you'd like to hear. You'll hear John Nichols on Perth Live this Afternoon with Rusty Collette as I think God he's recovered, but he's having a day off today, so Oli, if you're listening, good luck to your mate. One double three A two WA songs, bands, artists I've got a couple. We've got a couple ready for Bruce to play in here today. You're right, Bruce, going all right.
Speaker 6: It's a bit like a game show mate.
Speaker 34: It's a BP pick a button you point to me, I'll pick a button if it's right.
Speaker 1: We're doing all right? That didn't That filled me with great confidence? Now we mentioned this off the top of the show today. We talked about EA scooters last week. Four fatalities in Western Australia already so far this year. We talked to a retailer last Friday who said that it's not unusual for customers to go into retail and say, look, give me some extra speed. You suit my scooter up, otherwise I'm going somewhere else to buy one. We did talk about it on the show last last week. Bianca Carboni has been at court today and Eastcooter has front of court accused of critically injuring a pedestrian at the weekend corner of corner of King and Murray Streets. I reckon in the city, Hi, Bianca, what can you tell us?
Speaker 36: Good afternoon, Simon. Yes, the prosecution says they have a strong case for this serious E scooter offense. Essentially a twenty four year old Alisha Camp. She's a UK resident who is in Perth on a visa. She was allegedly drunk on Saturday night when she drove the East scooter into a fifty one year old man walking down Murray Street. He was critically injured and rushed to Royal Perth Hospital, where still fighting for life. There was also an illegal passenger on the East scooter when it crashed, a twenty six year old woman who also suffered injuries, though those were more minor now. There was a bail application made today but that's been postponed until tomorrow. The magistrate has demanded a residential address for the woman and someone with a firm connection to WA to give surety. So ms Camp will remain in custody overnight and hopefully or she's hoping to get out of court tomorrow because it is the day before her twenty birthday.
Speaker 1: So we just lost your phone a day before what birthday?
Speaker 36: Her twenty fifth birthday?
Speaker 1: Seth birthday?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay, do we know what time of Saturday night this happened?
Speaker 36: I believe it was after eight pm?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so there's a fair bit of traffic there's a couple of bars in the area, and you know there's a fabit happening down down on King and Murray, isn't there so or up the top there, I guess is where that all happened, is there? And did you say there was alcohol involved? He said she was drunk.
Speaker 33: That's right.
Speaker 36: So she's facing two charges and so police say that she was drunk while driving the East Scoos. Those charges are both over dangerous driving and relate through the injuries to both the passenger and the pedestrian. And the judge or the magistrate did say this is quite a contentious matter in the community at the moment, as you said, Simon, East Scooter Matters and Royal Perth Hospital have said that they treat at least one patient a day from a writable accident.
Speaker 1: Well, well that's amazing. Well we'll hear and see your reports later on Bianca. Do we know if it's a City of Perth scooter or a private one.
Speaker 36: That's unknown at this moment, all right, so we'll.
Speaker 1: Find out more details. Yeah, that's that's not good all round, Bianca. Thank you very much for our report. Thanks for talking to six PM. We'll hear and see you on nine News of Sabo on tonight.
Speaker 36: Thanks Simon Biunca.
Speaker 1: Carboni so we know a little bit more. Twenty five year old woman from England passenger on the vehicle on the east scooter as well. We don't know whether it's one of those. I think that orange the City of Perth ones, aren't they they're blue? Orange? I think they're orange. Not completely sure? Are you think they are orange?
Speaker 6: Blue?
Speaker 1: Orange and blue? This ry different case? There was yeah, orange and purple the bean the beam ones aren't anything. The bean ones are orange. Thanks team. That's that's no good, is it? We talked about last week One a Day, Will Perth is saying this one a day. I think Bianca has chased it up in her own background recording as there but chasing your w A songs As we head up to one o'clock today, anything you like, would love to talk to you, give us a call, Chantelle, Thank you very much for hanging on.
Speaker 30: That's it, okay, hey Bo, we have to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well thanks Will? What's your song?
Speaker 23: So?
Speaker 9: I'm going to nominate a young Aboriginal rupper who is samely talented. His name is Incaby.
Speaker 11: The song is beat the odds and he's amazing. He gives emminemma run for his money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, Chantelle, have a good day, Thank you too. Definitely the first time we've played that on the station. I reckon, Chantel, you never seased to amaze me. Nineteen minutes to one o'clock. Any anything you like?
Speaker 17: One?
Speaker 1: Double three, add two, I've got one. I've got one for you, Bruce. I'll bring give it to you just a moment. Been a lot of great like great West Australian acts and artists. Hi, Mark.
Speaker 19: Bowie, how are you good?
Speaker 1: Mate? There's always one and you're the one.
Speaker 7: Today on the way.
Speaker 20: That's probably per band. I used to watch them that the Albion not I like it both ways. And also they had shoes too to touch.
Speaker 1: And they ended up being a countdown band, didn't They made him countdown a fair bit?
Speaker 22: Yes they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right mate, thank your good man, thank you?
Speaker 14: Yeah, inside out his daddy thinks he's insane.
Speaker 1: Down down, reckon. When this came out, I was probably twelve thirty, didn't I remember it?
Speaker 23: On counting?
Speaker 1: I didn't know what they were saying, but now I do. It's on my grown up. Thanks Mark.
Speaker 17: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it both ways.
Speaker 6: You think you're grown up.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your support.
Speaker 15: Gary, gooday, good Simon, Bruce to your god.
Speaker 22: It's very good.
Speaker 1: It's a moving feast Gary.
Speaker 12: I know one's band good like my selections Off and from the Path Glenn Ingram in the high Side and it's the Skyboat from It's brilliants quite eat in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, thanks, yeah you too. Cheers here that Brucey. Alright, you're good on music.
Speaker 34: I'll have to pass on that one.
Speaker 1: All right. So what have you got for us? I've got the Ross Ryan Ross Ryan. Yeah, yeah, I've got Ross Ryan for you. That's now. He lives in Albany. We lived in album in the later years of his life, but this was a massive worldwide h have you got it for us?
Speaker 6: Who do you think you're working with?
Speaker 1: Here we go with you, Ross Ryan. I'm Pegasus Stanky Bruce of course.
Speaker 37: I am Michael, I am Jamberry and John that don't have to leave you, Lona Chow.
Speaker 1: I am Jane, I'm Genesis, Ross Ryan, I am Peggas. Is how good international hit? That's good?
Speaker 34: That give me that line is I have no fear? Let's that the next line is I have no fear. I have no fear, yept when I'm pushing your button? Yeah no, and I just the left hand right hand crossing over is worries me a little bit. I haven't seen that before.
Speaker 1: You know, you know the world cart mate octopus comes comes out of the bucket and chooses which team is going to win the game. It's like watching that was his name that octopus? Oh, I can't remember, be some German name Erican. It's coming up fifteen and a half minutes to one. We'll come back in just a moment. Do you have a West Australian song artist act you'd like to play for us? You've got a heap of them here one double three eighty two ring in. It might be our core of the day as well. Thanks for listening. This is this is the Bruce's Iman's show. So Brandon has this semesis Bruce Is. The octopus that predicted the name of the soccer matches was named Paul Right, which is apparently a very common ocopus name. Thanks Brendan, Paul Hey. Did Paul have a gardener? Probably Beatles Garden. He operated between two thousand and eight two thousand two and then he was a common octopus, predicted the rules of international like FIFA football matches, and he was used here during the World to World Cup twenty ten. Paul Octopus de crake Paul, which you're assuming is that the German But he was born in Weymouth, England and he died in Oberhausen, Germany. But watching him come out of that aquarium picking the soccer balls, he's love watching you operak the panels. So you've got Paul on the panel. Paul the panels one, double three two. Marty on the text line says it has to be, has to be. This one has to be the Trifford's Wide Open Road. Good on your Marty. Here it is. It's a wide open road. It's a wide open road. I'll do the singing bit, it's a wide open road. The drums went off in my forehead. Know that what went off my fort If Jimmy was here, you would have got the yeah us, Yeah, that's right, you're not. You're Pauly octopus. Damien says wide open Road. Windows did a good version of that too. Mick Thomas, Weddings Parties Anything did a nice version. The Quintessential w a driving song Wide Open Road by the Triffis is Damien from Belden Demo. The video clip was filmed in Gingin, and the album cover for Born Sandy Devotional is a very different looking mandra Estree Mouse's demo from Belden. Yeah, cheers, mate, Damien. I reckon. Quite a few members of the Triffids lived in that big house at the top of Devil's Elbow near Peppermint Grove Mossie Park there, So I think there's that big house on the corner where Devil's Elbow comes up the hill and goes left then right. I'm pretty sure they lived in that big hill there on the be Hilly today, John, how are you going.
Speaker 5: Hi, Simon?
Speaker 21: Remember the Bakery trust in the Lord.
Speaker 1: I do remember. That's early seventies, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 21: There's another mob too called Fladdy Lumpkin.
Speaker 1: Ye Billionaires, Yeah, I remember, Yeah, I remember Faddy Lumpkin. I saw them a few times. They used to play it, you know, Miss West Coast and the beach competitions and playing the pubs in the Faddy Lumpkin. Yeah. All right, mate, We've got some bakery for I reckon. Thank you, John.
Speaker 6: That's a good reason for I'm living. That's a good reason, farm.
Speaker 26: Dying too well.
Speaker 1: The Lord is the only one.
Speaker 7: You can.
Speaker 37: That's a good reason, farm thinking, very good reason. I'm crying too well.
Speaker 1: The Lord, there's the only one. Thanks Jean trusting the Lord. Cheers Mate Bakery big band in the seventies played around the pubs Fatty Lumpkin had they shared some members with Fatty Lumpkin. I reckon and this is the this is the great, this is the great, obvious one. We like this. Don't be brucie. This is from Mark. What about Dave Warner from Bicton, Western Australia. I wake up there with no one.
Speaker 5: I wake up there.
Speaker 37: I'm just a suburban boy, just a suburban BOYE.
Speaker 1: Quick. They just pull the octopus setting songs off a cliff. What I like about that Dave Warner singing I'm just a suburban boy who's from Bicton. Victim is a fancy flash suburb these days. I think the street that I've talked to Dave about this, he is an author too, right, crime author, and I think Dave freely admits the streeting they grew up and Invicton is no longer there. But yeah, Bigton. Not really the out of suburbs these days, is it? No fancy? Hello Rusty, Rusty Collette, how are you very well?
Speaker 6: Thanks Bowie our mate. I missed the email.
Speaker 1: About the flash shirts.
Speaker 6: Yes, very surphy and ready to rock and roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to the football.
Speaker 6: Good on your Matey's Perth West Perth.
Speaker 1: Yeah you would be. Yes, you've just come in. How's the weather looking? Am I going to get a Do you know something I spoke about Weday? Yes?
Speaker 38: Seriously, since nine o'clock last Friday when you would have you a bit of a joke you were digging about the storm againting right, I don't think it's rain.
Speaker 1: Not a drop, Not a drop, mate, you've stopped us, not a millerter Incredible, isn't it?
Speaker 6: How's the weekend?
Speaker 1: But yeah, really good? Went to more River yesterday with what the nineteen year old who's a sort of a miniature but faster talking version of myself. Fantastic long drive up, hour and a half walk, doesn't mind a chat bella, he's a rip.
Speaker 6: How good is a drive with you? With your kids? So I go, I deal with my boys and when they're looking out because they're not looking straight at you. They just open up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't make strange about being a gain is awesome. And my name, I play a song, explain it. She plays a song, she explained, Yeah, she's a she's a beauty. And then well yeah, and it was. It wasn't a cheap day, russ, I never is.
Speaker 6: You're with your kids. Yeah, that's a job. How are you going to win today?
Speaker 1: Well? I did speculate with perhaps there will be a little bit of Adam Sellwood's sentiment around, because I got a fair bit to do with with the mighties. But it's always a West Percy East Perth is always a huge game because they both gear themselves for it. So hopefully it doesn't rain too much, and that's a good contest.
Speaker 6: I hope the rain holds off a bit. So are we hoping for five o'clock five thirty?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that would be good.
Speaker 6: Is your games only at one or two?
Speaker 1: Two thirty?
Speaker 6: Okay? So another one gets underwa ten past one?
Speaker 1: All right, So that's so your mob's fine. Yeah, it's Afria.
Speaker 6: One and two. This is the first time in seventy years I hit on the news.
Speaker 1: Couldn't it been a long time? Good?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you have for us on Perth life?
Speaker 6: Plenty of mate?
Speaker 38: Do you know that in w A I'm about to break that we're getting ripped off, like seriously duped breaking news.
Speaker 6: At one o'clock.
Speaker 38: Yeah all right, okay, you won't be happy. You're in the car probably listening and thinking this is not good. How did Russy find this out? Trent fascans that we're talking property.
Speaker 1: Three geniuses sharing a studio.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, Broe just stoos on the three.
Speaker 38: Barali big trouble warning out about Barley and cover that we're going to cover a brewer, a local business on w A day doing great things in the world of beer, A couple of things we love w A and B.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, plenty plenty more.
Speaker 38: Yeah, I remember I'm telling you we're getting duped in w A and you're about to find out why I will.
Speaker 1: I'll be listening, mate, Thank you to go the Royal Go there you go, doggies, Thanks mate. Yeah, looking forward to getting to lead a lo oval today. Cheers Russ between one and five today, did I Phil?
Speaker 20: It's good?
Speaker 31: I used to love going to watch a Bag of Bones at the Albion and they used to play all those of per and the lead guitarist was Paul Felton. Yeah, and he passed away quite a while ago, and that they auctioned off his guitars.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What era, mate, What years?
Speaker 31: Probably seventy seven yeah, okay, and he's been probably playing since early, I don't know, late sixties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great era of mate, seventy seven the year of apocalypse now I think Hotel, California. Great era for music. Cheers Phil, cheers, bang of cheers, mate, pretty handy, Thanks very much, Phil. Thanks everyone who's called in today. I'll let you know who's one. Caller of the day talk back call the d angel a second. It's four minutes to one. Thanks for being part of it. I bringing up today in our poll as well is dub London calling from the far away town now. Caller of the day today is Mark. Thanks Mark, two pizzas, garlic bread, your choice of soft drink to enjoy in house will pick up. And it's a home Slice which is a new pizza borough Mundari run by local bloke Liam. Home Slice in Mindari coming out your way. Mark rang Us from Calgooley waiting on bare Knuckle Boxing. Thank you mate. Yes, No is wa the best place to live in the world. Yes are fifty four and the nose of twenty eight. Thank you. Gary said it's just started a rain in East Victoria Park. Kevin said it's raining. Kim says raining heavily in South Fromantle raining. Victim says Kevin, it's raining in Kensington and says Linda looks I going and get wet at the footage. Thanks to my team, Thanks to Lindsey, thanks to Anne, thanks to Bruce, thanks to seb. Back tomorrow at nine o'clock. See you then,