Speaker 1: Blake. He bently he hadn't played on. I couldn't keep the golstead of a point.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Australia over night, and now here's my grandpa.
Speaker 3: Oh I know Australia is quiet.
Speaker 4: The night rolls on, the voices echo until the break could dawn.
Speaker 2: Through the dark.
Speaker 1: There's a guiding light. Three A w keeps us closed tonight overnight one we sd it just one loudy.
Speaker 4: Boys and laughter ja from city streets to the outbacks.
Speaker 1: Guys, Australia tree instead of it's a grand old flags. We instead to endure this good game of footy, but not as good as this, like a friendly thank you, beautifully well done rings the country close across the slang you can go off pleep real quick.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we shared.
Speaker 5: Stories, laughter.
Speaker 2: Everywhere.
Speaker 1: We've cleared the lines. You'll get through strata. Wait, thank you side. So I've been looking after the program the last half of Dennis Who's little Butcher's one double three six three is a telephone number. Light up the switchboard, now.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 1: Surfree, do anything about which you like to chat?
Speaker 2: City weeks hard girls.
Speaker 1: Now your mom? You know you want to.
Speaker 2: Son His voice like a friendly.
Speaker 5: Brings the country close across.
Speaker 1: The land.
Speaker 2: Over name, shady.
Speaker 5: Stories and laughter.
Speaker 1: Oh beautiful. What a day yesterday for the King's Birthday, big game the mcg well too. What was amazing is all that work that they go into and raise incredible funding, which is wonderful for MND and you've got to give it. I mean they've raised a lot of money over the years, so they do that beautifully, and then the game itself was pretty good. If you're a Melbourne supporter, the disappointment is palpable, I know. And if you're a Collingwood supporter, you got to say that there were times I bet even you, as a passionate Collingwood supporter, were a little bit anxious. I would have thought, tell me that that was the case. Nine double three look at me giving the old phone number one double three six one double three six nine three is the telephone number. Wherever you run around Australia. You might be joining us from five double A in Adelaide. Hello to you, and of course the good people joining us from six p in Perth. The only place that it wasn't the holiday, of course, yesterday Monday, although I noticed that the premiere in wa is thinking, you know, why don't we align it instead of having our holiday last Monday, why don't we have it on the same day as the rest of the country. It just links it all in beautifully. Tony from On says, what a magnificent win by the Pas. Your boys had their chances. Fritz should have would be having nightmares. Look if it was one of those mistakes. And I spoke to my dear friend Billy Panell, passionate Collingwood support it for many a decade, and Billy said, at the end of it, it just comes down to a discipline and Melbourne just occasionally, not right through the game, thank goodness, but occasionally just dropped away in terms of the area around discipline. And as I put the phone down, almost annoyed at his comment, I've thought about it since, and they thought, you know, he was absolutely right when those My dear friend Carl Langdon went often talk about a five six pr as well. He would say it's about those one percent. I think it's even less than that, sometimes about half percent. Michelle and shot in the morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm well, Thank you, Michelle.
Speaker 7: And off I'm good now I'll probably right off track here I just want to talk about a d ah you know, is that the right?
Speaker 3: Sure me?
Speaker 1: It sure is. So do you have somebody in the family, Michelle.
Speaker 7: Now what I'm ringing for is I want to just get confirmation because I think they've been diagnosed with this and they're not. I've got a granddaughter who is she likes to be the center of attention and she's very loud, but she's very spoilt.
Speaker 1: What age is she, Michelle, She's five. She's only little and so you're saying that they're treating her for ADHD or the parents.
Speaker 6: Think she's got it, but I don't.
Speaker 7: I've had four children, a boy in and three girls, and to me, they're starting school, they're adventuring, they're doing things, and I think they're too quick to label them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do. And so have you had a conversation with mom and dad as to how they arrived at that decision? Is that their only child? You've got other children?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: The thing is they've got she's got an older sister, and the one I'm worried about is actually her older sister because.
Speaker 8: She is.
Speaker 7: She's the center of attention all the time. She's got to be the CeNSE of attention because she always gets her own way. But her oldest sister, she tends to get her phone and go into a room.
Speaker 1: What age is the older one? Forte and so there's a bit of an age gap there of eight or nine years, and.
Speaker 7: It really worries me that she's spending that much time alone in her room.
Speaker 10: On her side.
Speaker 1: Well, Michelle, I'm not an expert in that area, but I got to tell you, I bet there will be people listening that will certainly identify with your concern, and I think it is legitimate. So what role of mum and dad play in the management of all that? Do they have somebody that when they say they think the child might have ADHD? Are they experts? Are they medical experts?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: No, No, he's a butcher and my daughter's a school teacher.
Speaker 1: Yes, so they have a sense of Yeah.
Speaker 12: But I said to my daughter, there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 7: She her father is very much the same. He's got to be the center of attention or he packs the sheeps and doesn't talk.
Speaker 1: That's right, he doesn't talk. Michelle, You've kicked it off for us, beautifully. It's not We're always happy to talk about these matters because they are very very important. Thank you for the call. I'll throw it open to the listener. Those in a family situation that are familiar with the symptoms, if you like, or the behavior, and sometimes it's often perceived has been quite disruptive to family life. One double three six' nine. Three for the little takers in, particular how do you manage the idea OF adhd so behavior issues back in my? Day back in MIND i have now said it for the first time. OFFICIALLY i don't know that it was ever referred to AS. Adhd it was sort of almost Just paul. WEEK i think it was just labeled as a bit. Naughty the child is a little, naughty and that was, it and it was up to mum and, dad family grandparents to sort of manage that, process with the idea that the child would, adventure grow through that grow out of it was the, expression is my? Memory tell me If i'm wrong about. That we'll take some more calls very, shortly one double three six'. Nine three wherever you are Right, Across Australia i'm. Tony McManus It is, Australia overnight come and join us one double three six.' nine three here, you come Again Songs. Of dolly parp i'm going to. Talk about. That very surely we'll get in Touch with the Dash who plays kevin in the. Forthcoming musical, details very surely come and join us. On the program one double three. SIX nine three i just did a little, bit OF research and i know it's, only entry, level so forgive but signs of SYMPTOMS of a. Dhd can be it's a long list really when you, think about IT and as i write down, some of these we have. Most of them some of us have. Most, of, them, forgetfulness tick, daydreaming oh, yeah love it, Doing it now frustration, all, the, time carelessness absolutely, rolling the eyeballs. Rolling, the, eyes disorganization, yes, excessive talking hello, look at me, Look at me. Look at, me repeating mistakes the repetition of mistakes. An interesting one somebody said to me a. Long time ago first time. It's a mistake second time, It's A choice, And, i thought wow, that's pretty. Powerful isn't, it impatience, fidgeting you know somebody at school would have been often the, nuns would, say stop, fidgeting stop. Fidgeting risk taking so some of THE. Symptoms of adhd so what do you do, as a parent, as a grandparent what do you do if you were answering the question? Where you know is it the do you recommend going to a practitioner who specialized inlet come let me know one double three six nine three not had to? Deal, WITH it well i don't. Think of it to deal, With it NOW pete. Sa nfl update, What? Happened, yesterday pete.
Speaker 13: Well, Unfortunately, for you tony and good for stirred people before four thousand and five hundred and seventy one and outstanding crowd. In Dismal Condition the double blues got up in the Last minute after nordland for the last minute and similar to the game that the g they were very brave And defeat The. Red And Blues but double blues top of the, ladder nine, win zero losses which gave us five out of five first. Time this year with the buy This Week, for sturding glenel we Venture Down To Brighton road Strata Rava on sunday week and take On The Or. Concree, glenel tigers tony you would have been proud of.
Speaker 14: Your, RED legs.
Speaker 1: Well i was proud of. THE d's, YESTERDAY i mean i know it was only a point and we didn't get, the four points but up Against that. Great COLLINGWOOD side pete i don't saw much. Of that game it was a cracking effort with the crowd of about, SEVENTY seven, thousand.
Speaker 13: I think yeah when it was very very bad conditions For aaly but start actually didn't, deserve To win but norwold found a way to keep In Front, Until Casey voss Michael voss's son mirk or The coach of carlton scored the. MATCH winning goal i still. Can't believe It tony and Start Go to. Brighton road undefeeded so good on.
Speaker 1: You bet you're. A good man thank. You for that pete's over there and he brings us up to date each weekday before and after the games in terms of what's HAPPENING. In the Safl Jack in North, Melbourne, morning, jack.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Morning yeah morning and it's not, a SPORTS show but i wanted to just TOUCH. On the afl the round just got that's just gone like that was one of the most BORING rounds of afl because every game was. Extremely low, SCORING you Know i think i've worked. Out what happened there's a, virus GOING around and i mean they haven't got back. Noted the players. It's the virus it's the, loss line virus the.
Speaker 1: Ross line virus is that what? YOU'RE calling it. I, love it well you look. At the Scores so the hawks had a pretty Good, game last thursday so they won by, twenty two points so that was eighty one. To fifty nine And then the Friday Night Game, adelaide crows brisbane it was pretty Close with the crows Getting up over brisbane, sixty eight two so it was five points of the n sixty eight. To sixty three but then you look at The, Game on saturday sydney Were Eighty the richmond tigers got thirty six and forty. Four point win so it's. Hardly low scoring it was probably the lowest, one was well even if you Look At the, melbourne collingwood game so it wasn't it wasn't. PARTICULARLY low scoring i Wouldn't, have, THOUGHT jack.
Speaker 16: Well i guess well felt like the way you. LOOK at, it, i felt yeah, it was, anyway but well no one even got to the one hundred points.
Speaker 1: And, all that, no you're right you're. Right about that. Not one team so the Highest Score was sidney swan's on eighty est and you got A. Counting beat essen they got up to seventy eight to seventy. And you're right so there was no message of nobody. Over one hundred there was.
Speaker 16: A lot of Wet conditions Around, MELBOURNE and, adelaide, I guess so i guess you take.
Speaker 1: That into account but it's a winter sport though it shouldn't be that sort of mystical really in this. Day and, age but hopefully.
Speaker 16: Like just back to the days when it was, much higher, scoring, you know, shootouts you know both teams getting to one. HUNDRED plus points i think those days are unfortunately long gone because the people like rossline and it's over coached THE game of, afl at all the structural setups. AND all That i think. I'VE really lost i used to BE, fanatical about afl but it's it's sort of not. The case, now, so yeah anyway but.
Speaker 14: Just Quickly, Jack, the hawks.
Speaker 1: Well you've got to be Happy with the hawks performance both they were Really good the evie.
Speaker 9: It was a.
Speaker 1: Really good game twenty Two points. Last thursday, night oh.
Speaker 16: Yeah they needed to get back, into, you know yeah they really. Needed that, win but, yeah JUST quickly can i just quickly.
Speaker 17: Mention something else.
Speaker 16: I've learnt something new. ABOUT myself recently i have something In Common With. Sir donald bradman we're both averaging ninety nine point.
Speaker 1: Nine to, Four, well done jackie, that's that's excellent.
Speaker 16: Truly good cricket i'm not, In cricket though I'M talking about i put myself on managing that. IN the nightclubs.
Speaker 1: A good Boy thank you jack. HERE'S the tag i, love Your work. Jack thank, you nathan morning?
Speaker 14: How are?
Speaker 1: You i'm well thank you for asking?
Speaker 9: What Happened, yesterday oh nathan how?
Speaker 1: Long, you got look it was. A great game it's fantastic to be with A, side like, melbourne who's, uh you know nowhere NEAR the caliber i don't think to any Great. DEGREE as collingwood i mean near the team, at the? Moment aren't they and to get so close it was pretty good and it could have gone right until the, very last moment could have. Gone either Way and you've.
Speaker 18: Jase got time did Your play the colin wi the?
Speaker 19: Same song here we.
Speaker 1: Just did that we just blood did that. A little BIT nathan.
Speaker 9: And I just WANT i Thought i.
Speaker 8: Have.
Speaker 20: Tiffy, spatrooms go well.
Speaker 1: We'll keep it we'll get an update very Shortly on, the tiffy's bathroom as, we Call it the Mold. And the beautiful we'll get. An update, Shurely jimmy, Morning.
Speaker 21: Good morning tony how's your? World this morning you.
Speaker 1: Know a scale of Wind to tend jim hovering about an. Eight, point five.
Speaker 21: Hey, that's, the thing mate we're. All still breathing so we can give thanks To Our good lord jesus because he's gracious enough to let us. All, keep doing.
Speaker 1: Mate a fair bit to do it, That, You, think jim.
Speaker 21: Well it is a simple fact that we can wake up and we're. All. Still, breathing man.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're just saying we're blessed to have that, available to. Us don't we it's as.
Speaker 21: Simple as that wait may not a, Hard, core epulpsey man we're not going to wake up for another day and.
Speaker 8: Still, keep breathing yeah.
Speaker 1: For so long as you can wake up and enjoy occasional beverage from.
Speaker 21: Time, To time well i'm blessed with the rainwater tank.
Speaker 22: Out.
Speaker 1: The back man you need a lot of people don't have that, available to them.
Speaker 21: And that's a very. GOOD one mate i don't mean to sound like a snob or a pig, or SOMETHING here but i turned my nose up if possible at drinking fluoride and tap water and. Things like, that, so yeah man that's not actually all that. Good, for you well it's not. The fluoride itself it's the fact that fluoride on its own doesn't exist as. A stable element it's got to be co bonded with things, like aluminium Fluoride which is i'm pretty sure what goes into our. Joyous tap water do somebody correct me in The know, If i'm, wrong, but yeah man that stuff ain't good.
Speaker 20: For you, Man, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah eddie what way do you? Think it's poor apart from the fact? THAT he's storic i think it was designed to really look, after our.
Speaker 23: Teeth wasn't it, well all, right hold on this Wasn't initially what, i've called, about but yeah the fluoride was meant to be for some sort of dental, enhance or yeah it's.
Speaker 1: Just to make just to make the pigs a little bit stronger and less. Likely, TO decay yeah.
Speaker 21: I know you've made ME forget what i was EVEN gonna what i rang up to. HAVE a answer.
Speaker 24: I.
Speaker 1: MADE you forget i. Made, you forget.
Speaker 21: Yeah you got OFF the subject i mentioned TO you when. I FIRST called.
Speaker 14: Did i get?
Speaker 1: Off the subject you started up by saying we? Should, be grateful yeah.
Speaker 21: That's my common entry point to anyone, went upon meeting that we should Be thankful for we're.
Speaker 24: All.
Speaker 21: Still Breathing man but Glory's beat it jesus just, for his, racers, right there, man that's right that's my point.
Speaker 1: TO any conversation i wish you go and see. If we can you go and say a few, Prayers for us jimmy and maybe us you're, a good lord to see what we can do, about your lord to see if we can. Do something well but but you have a more DIRECT relationship.
Speaker 21: Than i do we can all have, That. Direct Relationship tony But.
Speaker 1: I'm just i'm just asking you to do the work on behalf of us all because, you do it.
Speaker 21: You do it, praying for.
Speaker 1: You thank you that'd.
Speaker 25: Be really nice no grief with.
Speaker 21: That, at all man.
Speaker 1: That's if you, Could do that and see if you get you're.
Speaker 21: Talking about it far out and you've thrown me off. Your lovely individual.
Speaker 1: You make it you make it like. It's my fault it's, NOT my.
Speaker 21: Fault i admit see this is this is part of my head case after having two strokes and The hardcore. Epilepsy i've got this is one OF the reasons i have the ENTRY line. THAT i do i could drop and chuck a hardcore seizure and drop dead. Sort of whenever and what?
Speaker 1: Do you do you take some a lot of, Medication, around that jimmy. What's the problem i'm going to.
Speaker 21: Take a handful of pills JUST so that i. Can keep, breathing, man, sodium sodium vapora, way carbon mezzipine kepra and uh do there's and there's, ONE more too i can't, Remember.
Speaker 1: It now jimmy just on, a musical note do you do you love The Music? Of dolly parton? Not particularly well are you going to hate the next segment which is coming up the other? Side of this who doesn't love A?
Speaker 26: Bit Of dolly the same.
Speaker 1: Was a. Good movie too nine two five comes across THE desk, and, I GO yeah and I, Said to jay we're going to see we can talk to somebody from this getting? Underway from Here, you come again the dazzling musical Comedy Pat with dolly. Partner's greatest hits why? Would you not it's fantastic, from all reports it's. So just wonderful it's put together by a couple, of great producers and audience is right across the storage from A. THINK twelfth July i hope i've. Got that right the National, Tour, At, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney newcastle canberra adelaide and. Everydywhere in between playing the Role of the keV Should be Called. Kevin the musical That says He. Kevin the musical we're playing The role of kevin in the musical is a dash crook, dash good.
Speaker 27: Morning good morning thank you for that ut. On the title i'll take that.
Speaker 1: TO the produce i Think, You should ken. Let's do it Let's call It. Kevin the musical there's if you get somebody to write, that for you there's a big.
Speaker 27: HIT just THERE i think i Think leaning on dolly might, be the stronger stronger. Call card there.
Speaker 1: Bet IT is when i saw this come, across THE desk because i don't know what age demographic, You, are approximately dash but there's not too many of us who don't have some level of Affection for a dolly part and, what she's meant what she's done over. Many, MANY years.
Speaker 27: Yeah i mean she's had an incredible career and her catalog of song. Speaks for itself and and and the great thing about this show is that we've managed to get so many of her big hits in there for the people who, Are you Know dolly of fishonado's but also some some some ones that maybe the big fans will know but. Other people don't that really kind of drive.
Speaker 1: This story forwards this has been put together by A Couple of emmy AWARD winning writers I think Brute. VILLE and gabe i mean they've been around for a little while so when, they do this so it's going to be more than just presenting. The music presumer it's, weaved a story.
Speaker 27: Weave through It, it's been yeah it's an. INCREDIBLE piece itself i had the chance to see It over IN london when i was, over there recently and it's. Just it's beautiful the good, THING about This I, mean bruce valanches he's a bit of comedy writer for, years and years he Wrote, for the Emmy for the oscars. For fourteen Years He's an emmy award winning writer And will. Be Goldberg's, writer but midlay he's got, such a legacy so it's got his humor. And Witne It, but gabriel barry our co. Writer and director he brings this beautiful empathy. To this show so you get to Follow my character kevin on this journey through one of the darkest times that we all kind, of relate TO which, is covid recently which was A time where i guess we all had to kind of reevaluate what we were doing and where. We were at and in the middle of all this chaos, COMES this angel i guess in The form of DOLLY part who i co guide my character through this kind of redemption arc of kind of trying to found out who we are and what we're here for and what we, actually care about which.
Speaker 1: Is an ongoing investigation for.
Speaker 27: Many, of, US oh indeed i don't think anybody cannot.
Speaker 1: Relate to that tell me about your start where you.
Speaker 27: GREW up with i Grew up, in BRISBANE actually and i started out in, theater up There and then i've just been lucky enough to kind of god place.
Speaker 1: Doing this job and was it, all about performing. Singing and dancy you didn't go to one of the Big word of whopper or. ANYTHING like that i Didn't.
Speaker 27: GO to whopper, i DID study but i Studied. UP in queensland i did a couple of, degrees in theater in making theater and then. Acting As well so i've been lucky enough to kind of work in all different fasts in the industry and directing and. Writing and performing so it's been a really a really exciting career that's taken me all.
Speaker 1: Over the place you TALK about, THOSE covid years i mean we will always. Talk about it that often be referred now to wondered as THE so called covid, YEARS been tough i would have thought for a, Young, working, PERFORMER well yeah i mean.
Speaker 27: EVERYTHING right up i mean it's. Tough for everyone it kind OF puts a i guess it paused your life in a way where you just had to sit in it for a while and evaluate what it was that you were doing and why you. Were doing it and, in that, sense for me it kind of made me shift a little IN terms of i took a little step away from performing for a while and moved back into other the creative side of things in directing and, things like THAT so that i could have a bit more CONTROL level what i put out. Into the world and this show was so wonderful. And so joyous And the producer i'd, Worked with Previously, Las and klain she's just such a wonderful producer and such. A WONDERFUL human and i knew that she doesn't take on things that she doesn't, really believe IN and when i, SAW this show, i understood why because it's just, such a gorgeous heartfelt joyous so that. It was there it actually pulled me back into the world Of performing and i'm so excited to. Jump into it.
Speaker 1: And these things are, VERY important dash i think for a, range of reasons the LEAST of which a provides hopefully some work for, some very great. Wonderful younger artists and it's The EXPOSURE around australia a for people who already know The. Work of dolly this is one of. The previous courses it's not necessarily, a great fan but it's really hard to deny what she's DONE over as, i said earlier, many many decades and exposed that to, a new gen yet.
Speaker 3: Another new gen absolutely The thing about dolly is that she she is fastidious in how she has created her brand and her business and her.
Speaker 27: And how she's. Created her self she she she is so intelligent, and so tenacious and she will not let anything go out unless that has her, name on it unless she's one hundred percent on.
Speaker 18: Board with it and.
Speaker 27: Thankfully she has she's given her blessing. For this show she actually had to approve, it herself personally and she's on, top of everything and she has made these decisions throughout her career that kind of went against the mainstream in a. Lot of ways she knows who she is and she's very, confident in that and she's very confident in telling other people that the best way forward and the best way to create your your future is to really lean in to the things that make you. Who YOU are and i think that's a it's a it's a really incredible message and it's something, about you know she was a feminist before. Feminism, many ways yeah she's an. Incredible intelligent, woman so yeah there's a lot to be.
Speaker 28: Gained from her how.
Speaker 1: Hard is there somebody to learn this those songs when you're doing a, show like this to learn the lyrics and learn and embrace. Yourself In, EVERYTHING dolly.
Speaker 27: Well i mean it's not hard because she's she's, such a joy. But, It is yeah like these songs are songs, that you, KNOW for me i grew up kind of listening to or hearing. On THE radio, wherever i went there Was always a, dolly song around, and you know there was a time there where you couldn't you couldn't go anywhere Without hearing hearing Islands, in the, stream you know With. Her and kenny so it's really been PART of my, DNA growing. Up i guess and so then to kind of put it into this context and put it in a STORY that when i read the script is the VERY first time i really saw myself in this, character as, well you know getting to a certain age and questioning where you've come in your life and where you're going. AND what's important i was probably in a, very similar place so it really. Resonated with me and then through the lyrics of these songs and, Through the music i've just found a new appreciation for all of these songs that have kind of Grown up loving Islands.
Speaker 1: In the, Stream you know i've heard it, As zillion times we've all heard it as, zillion at times Written, by the beg's but arguably one of the best songs. Of all time they're not everybody's going to necessarily, agree with that but in terms of airplay and a, great you know it's a wonderful stable of radio stations around the world.
Speaker 27: To this day it is still to this day the most successful duets' record a duet, of all time so it's.
Speaker 8: Quite.
Speaker 27: A legacy yeah the.
Speaker 1: Show itself Runs for what i'm thinking up. To, ninety minutes yeah.
Speaker 27: So it's a it's actually to actually get a nice little break in the. Middle as, well but yeah it's if we Put the entire dolly, catalog in there we'd be. There ALL week but i think you're. In and out just have. A, ninety minutes yeah.
Speaker 1: In ninety. MINUTES it's incredible i guess from a producer's, point of view what do you put in and what do you what do?
Speaker 27: You, not use well THIS is where i think the writers and the creators have really been wise in that they put in all of the hits that you. Know and, love you know you're ninety To Five joel aine's Islands, IN The Stream I Will always love you, so many hits but there's all these other songs that are woven in there that have been very carefully picked to drive this. Emotional journey FORWARD it's a i think it sums IT up WHEN i when i Saw, it in london a woman came up to me in.
Speaker 10: The four hour she DIDN'T know.
Speaker 27: That i was about to come over here and be That, role in australia but she. Just grabbed me she was just so thrilled, after the show.
Speaker 17: And she said?
Speaker 29: Wasn't that.
Speaker 27: WONDERFUL she said i came in HERE just Because I, love dolly, parton she said but this isn't A Show for. DOLLY parton fans i just feel so joyful, and SO hopeful and i can walk out into the WORLD feeling like I know who i Am and what i've, got TO do and, i, just think wow that's. A great review. I'll take that and she, doesn't know that but that's that's driving this Over. Here in Australia i've just i've thought about her so Many times and, i'm just like that's THE experience that i hope people get over.
Speaker 1: Here as well you play The role of kevin in his Wonderful show and i've got a couple, of texts Saying what was kevin in The Role. Of, Dolly.
Speaker 27: Patton well kevin kevin is kind of just. An, Every man really he's this. Guy during covid' he's kind of. Followed his dreams he was a country. Boy growing up he moves to the big city to try to make it big and it doesn't necessarily go quite. According to plan his love life has been, on the rocks his career has been, on the rocks and then he's been thrust back into his childhood home living, with his parents and it's really put him in a place where he's just questioned what his decisions have got him in his life and who. He truly is but the one stable in his life from a child to an adult is that He Always. Loved dolly parton they call His Bedroom The. Dolly parton palace.
Speaker 20: He's got posters on his.
Speaker 27: Wall and whatever so in, This Particular show dolly parton kind of comes to him in a vision and he gets to spend this time and learn about what's important to him through her music and through the way that she kind of. Talks about life if you've ever seen her in an interview, or you know you can see that she's so. Grounded into nation she only exists in this world to bring other people hope and joy and she never kind of. Waivers from that EVEN during, the covid, crisis you know like she put in so much money to she was one of the people that really. Drove the vaccines she funded one of the main vaccines that that has, saved, you know.
Speaker 9: Millions she did.
Speaker 1: She's, incredible in. Many, many ways well she's going. To tell you, Over the years i've interviewed two point eight million people who have been involved in these programs and nobody has been better than you in terms of just talking about a, show LIKE this and i congratulate. You on that it COMES up on I Think It's, Melbourne Comedy Theater The beautiful Comedy. THEATER in melbourne i think That's from Twelfth July Ticketek Perth. BEAUTIFUL regal theater i don't know if you've. Played over there it's great the ticket takers well from Twenty second Of, August In Adelaide. Her majesty's theater out of the places, AROUND the world i Think, you're doing Newcastle canber and, sydney As well but melbourne from The twelfth Of, july and dash it's great to talk to you On the. Program australia overnight it's.
Speaker 27: Been my pleasure thank you so much for having me In A.
Speaker 1: Wonderful dash cook have a. Look at it It Is Called Simply Here. You Come again the australian cast Has Been Announced Dolly's greatest hit stakes. To, The, STAGE hey jay i just had a Look at the sometimes we give these things from the people responsible for the publicity for these. Sorts of programs is? You can imagine this is from A Company CALLED. Good humans pr did you see who the Person there at good humanspr? Dot, com is no You didn't, Notice jemma. McManus oh nice.
Speaker 25: We have to ask, you the question don't we?
Speaker 1: Know you don't, to my knowledge no would. Be THE answer but i just noticed that myself is a fantastic and for someone as young and as Enthusiastic, as young dash what a great name if you want to come back you? What's?
Speaker 30: Your?
Speaker 1: Name dash huh?
Speaker 25: Isn't?
Speaker 1: That Good Dash dash? Dash dash? Everywhere dash crooked and you love him because he's actually been In Things like little Shop, Of The horrors Little. SHOP of horrors i, Beg Your pardner, jesus christ superstar and he mentioned some of The Great, Songs DOLLY partoner have i listen, To, this people oh anytime you're ready put a bad, Break In, there dolly. Kiddy thank you this is one of the all time Great songs That Dolly and kenny islands.
Speaker 25: In the STREAM maybe when i met you.
Speaker 2: THERE was peace i said up to get you with the. FINE dude calm i. Was soft inside there. Was something good you do something to me that actually at extreme we. Colsto, render you no.
Speaker 31: We.
Speaker 2: Got something more and all gender love is one, require the.
Speaker 32: Recursion honest love, we be, me no conversation fight.
Speaker 33: Making child islands, in the street that is, what the house no? One in between how can? We be wrong sail away.
Speaker 32: To another world and they rely on the suldna time.
Speaker 2: From one love. TO another time.
Speaker 32: I can't live without you with The, love pirs god everything is nothing if you've.
Speaker 2: Got no one and he didn't walk and do not take the slowly losing sight. Of the bank but that won't happen To a s and. We got more dam too deep in love and we got. The way out and the message is queer first.
Speaker 32: Could be the year For the fielding no know, where you cried baby? Will halt you then we, started in love.
Speaker 2: In love ruggle we can ride together, the breaking love look. AT each other i don't send the, streets leave you said away to love the world you live On Feature From One. Love tune love.
Speaker 1: It's, a perfect song, many Many, ways said Away Written By. Barry robin Morris we know i'm in love Of It From.
Speaker 2: One love Tune.
Speaker 34: Island A stream australia overnight in morning umpire if, You don't mind how?
Speaker 1: Good is that dolly pardon In a Wonderful It. Is Australia overnight i'm tony mac you'll calls the other.
Speaker 5: Side Now This is Australia overnight. With tony McManus.
Speaker 25: That Would Be Me.
Speaker 34: Heaven faker Gabe In our australia. Overnight news room Tell you what.
Speaker 1: I'm searching for i'm searching for, the perfect scone which presumably requires the. Perfect, scone recipe so, as you know you may have been listening earlier or, LATE last week i was talking about my, favorite new Book Which is martha Gardener Simply called. Martha gardner's Book and if martha couldn't. Get, it right well. Frankly nobody could when you, think about it there's a recipe in here. For plane? SCons plane SCons now is this is this comparable with what you would have been doing if you were making any? Scones plane SCons two cups of, self raising flour two caps, pinch of salt, two teaspoons butter a nearly one cup of. Milk goes on you, Sift the flour you, sift the salt, add the butter rub. Into the flour now my recollection is according to the grandmother about one hundred and, eight years ago just, with the fingertips so, very very light, with the fingertips add sufficient milk to make soft the dough turn into. A floured board need very lightly, roll it out. So rolling out i'm not too sure that we have a. ROLL in that i think we just put it down. Gently with fingertips did you use a roller on? THE scone dough, i think not because you want to keep? It really light? Do, you not Anyway, according to martha you roll it two Centimeters about, in god's measurements three quarters. Of an inch martha, wrote, that thick thick, cut into shape put hot floured tray bake for seven. To ten minutes Very hot oven scones may be glazed by brushing over with milk before putting. In the oven is that does that MAKE? The perfect scd is there anything you would like to? Add or delete one double three? Six nine three recreating the golden Days of The Gas And Fuel Corporation. Chadsden's, bay competition yeah going. Back In time, So, sunbury morning.
Speaker 6: Hi tell me that you mean good morning?
Speaker 1: On me morning?
Speaker 24: What a day?
Speaker 6: What a day and you were right, this yeah one?
Speaker 8: What a point?
Speaker 17: What a point we just.
Speaker 1: Slow down and kick that gold just in the last sort. Of, naughty seconds oh tell?
Speaker 6: Me about it and missed that just right at. The very end my pres on me, and she said oh you know it. Was your players you're. On your players it. Was his gold he shouldn't keep the ball to the or to, the other player. Whoever, IT was, collingwood i said what are? YOU talking, about i said that happens, all the, time, and oh yes but look at Too, close to yeah.
Speaker 1: But that's the great game of footy that we, Know. And love sue sometimes there, are those little those tiny little things that make the difference and the discipline we just we just missed a couple of opportunities in front of, goal and, that you know the, end of it. That's the difference so they get the four. Points we don't, having said that it was really good to take it right up to the great team That. IS the maggie's i mean. They're pretty good they're sitting on top. Of the ladder they're, a, really tight. Strong solid outfits of course they've, done so, well so, well so well the most well.
Speaker 6: One game or one, or two games, something like that.
Speaker 35: Going along beautifully they're sitting on top of the ladder and We're not THAT jenny was i love to see.
Speaker 6: LITTLE ticket place i.
Speaker 1: Think he, is and, well the challenge so, from all reports is as to whether or not we can hang on to him because for a, family of reasons he's really keen to get back. To w, way that's understandable. To get, home you know there's a fair. Bit at stake who would we get in return all that sort of deal and the clubs will sort. All that out but he's just become such a Valuable. Player for melbourne.
Speaker 6: Oh he's just he's so good at how he. Keeps, the football yeah he kicks it straight for he does, it.
Speaker 1: In style and that little goal that he had just booted along the ground and went through to the post, was just fantastic like a. Great, soccer player yeah.
Speaker 6: Did you stay home?
Speaker 1: AND watch it i did stay home, and WATCH it and i broke the golden rule though it Was, a HOLIDAY monday so i. Didn't include it but even at one, STAGE about halftime i thought this is, going along beautifully so poured a little glass of wine and that was. Even more joyous yeah that would.
Speaker 36: Yeah, that early yeah just.
Speaker 6: A bit longer.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right it, was too exciting so it. Wasn't to be but we move on until the next big game coming up and then then hopefully have a bit of a spell of the. Of the bye yeah it good, On your. Sue thank you it wasn't, quite the result but it. Could have been it was a LOT closer to i think most of us. Probably secretly THOUGHT but, as i say Well. Done to collingwood they looked. Really really, good they'll be they'll. Be amongst it don't worry. About that, Morning Good.
Speaker 12: Morning tony ernie my Favourite Song of dolly parton was A Coat, of rennie carlos what.
Speaker 1: A beautiful track that is just one of the all time. Fabulous Country songs and dolly wrote it and Put it together heather.
Speaker 31: And.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful yeah.
Speaker 12: And also, TALKING about scorns i made some plan scorns.
Speaker 9: So lot.
Speaker 12: They look like a plane and.
Speaker 18: They flew away, there you go.
Speaker 1: Excellent work here do you do a bit of cooking room when you can or how do you manage?
Speaker 25: That?
Speaker 1: These, Days.
Speaker 12: No well i'm. Not a cooker A cooker, anything i COOK even if i go, INTO a dog i.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't need it i'm sure that's. Not the case who does some cooking for? You these days I've. Got a cara they come in and do a little bit and prepare some stuff for you and then you can just go and grab it and put. Into the, WARMER.
Speaker 12: Oh no i have one meal a Day and the cara makes.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 1: For me fantastic, he's a.
Speaker 12: Lovely lovely person and you couldn't get a. Bit Of carr and i'm so lucky that the government helps us with this.
Speaker 1: Sort of, stuff, You, know well vern we're lucky. TO have it i. Mean it comes it comes to a. Lot of people and aren't we just blessed that we live in a time where we can.
Speaker 12: Get, that, help yes anyway thank you for, answering THE call and i have.
Speaker 37: A good time thank.
Speaker 1: You very much you have a. Good night too it's always good to have you, on The. Program, mean adelaide, james good. Morning.
Speaker 38: Come time.
Speaker 1: James you just you just broke up there. A little bit you. Might be mobile so what was?
Speaker 26: It?
Speaker 1: YOU said, SORRY i.
Speaker 39: Said i didn't know you were.
Speaker 1: A nord mate well ONLY because when i worked for a, couple of years just over a couple of years there at five double a fell In. Love, with norwood okay what?
Speaker 40: Year was that if you, don't mind mouth it would.
Speaker 1: Have been So i'm Thinking jamie, was jamie's five Probably early days burnsidemy. School she was i'm thinking it was, about ninety, five ninety, six ninety, five ninety. Six, ninety, seven.
Speaker 39: OKAY yep because.
Speaker 40: I saw many games of them in the, spenties AND eighties so i wasn't.
Speaker 21: A BOUGHT Man, but.
Speaker 1: I james will just put you on hold because we've got a. Really dodgy line, I'm, so sorry james it's. JUST breaking up i don't know where you were just a. Really awkward, sound Addie, Morning good Morning.
Speaker 41: Tony, and, Jay now yesterday I'M not sure i think You Mentioned that adam west passed. Away, from batmaning yeah it.
Speaker 1: Was the anniversary, of his Passing The Great. Adam west batman what did?
Speaker 41: HE pass away i, didn't know that so.
Speaker 1: He's been gone let me. Just double check so he. Died in twenties he was eighty eight when he, Died twenty seventeen so what's that about eight? Years ago NOW and whist.
Speaker 19: I.
Speaker 18: Didn't.
Speaker 28: Know that.
Speaker 41: Yesterday when you've done, the clean leaves what would you list on top in your opinion IN terms?
Speaker 1: Of, tv, themes yeah yeah there, are so many and. We were inundated we probably leave it to the last moment and get the stacks of calls and it's, hard to collate but there Are So Many. HILL street blues i just think was a fantastic. Piece of music and then you can't dismiss things like those big tunes which became, hits in Themselves things. Like hawaii five, oh.
Speaker 41: Oh, yeah of course, that's a great no Nonsense to that i've. GOT on records i love the.
Speaker 1: Fantastic piece of music and The, theme from prisoner that beautiful ballad you don't send ME roses and i wish. You, COULD again.
Speaker 16: Yeah i was just wondering.
Speaker 9: If you could.
Speaker 36: You wouldn't be able.
Speaker 10: To pick one it would.
Speaker 41: Be so many you'll have to, pick a, few weren't you because.
Speaker 1: There were so many and we were inundated. With nominations too for those that have just tuned in for, the first, time yesterday morning just, after five, o'clock, we said well let's put together the comprehensive list of FANTASTIC themes from tv programs from the. Sixties, and seventies well we could have done it for an hour. And a half there were so, many amazing nominations but for maybe Well We Should hill street blues. Would be one we played a Little Back Of, welcome Back, Cattup, welcome Bag, Well Game Bag, well gone bag which was also a fantastic piece and became a hit.
Speaker 41: So MANY years and i Noticed someone mentioned DIVISION four after, i mentioned homicide.
Speaker 9: Which, is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did there was one called it was another. PIECE of music i can't remember the name, of the show but was it Was called thank you For. Being a friend.
Speaker 42: I'm not sure.
Speaker 41: About that one In a? Friend happy days do you think You'll Ever get susie quattro on.
Speaker 36: Me, to interview look we've.
Speaker 1: We put, the request in but, when she comes you can Imagine everybody in australia is looking to have A. Word with susie and there's only so many times that you can probably say the same thing over and. Over and over but it lives as one of the Goals to have susie quatroll on the. Program, one morning well.
Speaker 41: You never know give.
Speaker 1: IT a game i Keep. Saying to jay, if we don't if we don't put, in the request it's unlikely that. You'll ring us we've got.
Speaker 9: To, go through Yeah You've got tom jones on, which is.
Speaker 1: Good that's right And We've had oprah winfrey. On the Program We've had dave leediman on The Program And obama president obama on the, program doing, well all right and the other call could drop a few more names between now and. The half hour could be a. Bit, Of fun jay none of. That is true, By the way we've got a question on the road That's next to. Strata overnight morning chicky little text standing in, severy One Three. Says tony mcca do you could You Imagine Having president donald trump on, The, PROGRAM one. Yes i could the question is what would be? The first question let me throw that open. To the listener what would be the first question you would Want To Ask? President donald trump what would be the first question you would Want To Ask? President donald trump if he, was a, guest we said, LADIES and gentlemen i have. Very special guests is a President Of? The United States? President donald? Trump good morning and you go to, the first caller and, let's say, It's for Example, Chris of broadmeadows what would be the first question you would Want Asked?
Speaker 31: Of?
Speaker 1: President trump one double three, Six nine, Three, christian morning tony?
Speaker 14: How are?
Speaker 1: We, you're, driving well plural we? Are all well what? About? You, over yeah?
Speaker 20: Good make good just heading home.
Speaker 21: For the, Night, You're there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'm, listening heah yeah.
Speaker 40: Sorry, you just yeah Head. And hry son the, Days days work so.
Speaker 38: That's all good i'm.
Speaker 41: Just like calling to.
Speaker 13: Here you go?
Speaker 1: Where'd you go? Where'd you go?
Speaker 25: WHERE you?
Speaker 40: Been a Right well today i've just been in the office organizing all the trailers, for tomorrow morning, well this morning and you have just been working, just, being.
Speaker 43: Busy busy.
Speaker 1: Busy that's good and then you did a run one of the last moment.
Speaker 40: Was that scheduled, no no, runs no runs just got all, the trails organized just make sure all the. Temperatures are, right and yeah eighteen.
Speaker 14: Trailers.
Speaker 20: Organized tonight.
Speaker 1: Christian you're unbelieveable your hours are, pretty, horrendous too?
Speaker 44: Though weren't they they're all.
Speaker 21: Over the place.
Speaker 40: GOOD week too i WAS on DAY if and i was there for a week, and a half THEN, back on rvo then back, on day shift and then back, on night shift and NOW.
Speaker 1: BACK on vo i thought the idea of this new, role for you not, so much driving was to have more of a sensible roster, in terms, of you know managing family and friends. And, loved ones.
Speaker 40: Yes very true but when people don't show up to work, and do, THINGS you know i put my hand. Up for, it so.
Speaker 1: Yeah well think, of, The, Money honey yeah i'm thinking.
Speaker 40: Of the, money so yeah it's just cut throw industry. At the, moment but anyway is?
Speaker 1: What it is because is that because insufficient people putting their hand up? For those? Roles or NO well look.
Speaker 40: I don't know Have You heard don?
Speaker 21: Watson, went under yeah.
Speaker 40: Well they, didn't go under they. Closed the doors it's just cut thrown industry just undercutting. All the time so they're just closing. The doors up they can't afford to.
Speaker 1: Run, the drugs yeah because why? What's, driving that.
Speaker 40: Well a lot of ethnic. Companies coming in there's a transport company out there that have got over a thousand trucks that are just undercutting all. The big players and also the big supermarkets are going for these people because the prices.
Speaker 1: Are so cheap so when you when you say ethnics, whatever that means you're talking about businesses that, Are, overseas owned, yeah.
Speaker 40: Overseas owned but they, they're they're here.
Speaker 38: They're, based here.
Speaker 1: Yeah so what? Do they do what? Do they do what sort of service do they deliver that makes them presumably desirable for people to do? Business with them.
Speaker 40: They just undercut they just they.
Speaker 43: Just do it so.
Speaker 1: They have it they have a price range that people are prepared to pay because it represents value.
Speaker 40: For, their business yeah it's still they're still the contracts and then after they've, Got that contract i'll raise the prices after a year. Or two years that's how. They, do it, yeah you know it makes you wonder how people can. Run, a business yeah the company that took a contract away from us undercut us by one point six.
Speaker 8: Million a year which is a.
Speaker 1: Lot of money if you're, running, a business though you'd want to be making sure that you were getting the, very best value still delivering. The service required but if you're saving, a million dollars why? Would?
Speaker 40: YOU not, yeah i know but this company has actually come back to us and asked, for our help, and, We're, like well matt you came in so you could, do it better, See you later. Off you go they've actually come back and approached us and asked for help on asking how?
Speaker 45: We did, it, so well, SORRY.
Speaker 38: You know i.
Speaker 14: Can't help you, you've come in you've said you can.
Speaker 45: Do it better good.
Speaker 1: Luck to you but surely that doesn't make sense on the basis if they're still prepared to pay the price for which, you are looking why would they, not, then go, well you know this is this is, what we do this is how, we do it and this. Is our price why would you then deny that if it it means more revenue. FOR your business i have.
Speaker 20: Absolutely no idea there's.
Speaker 29: No.
Speaker 40: Loyalty anymore none it's just well.
Speaker 1: There's never been BUT there's but i don't know that there's ever been any great height and, RED you know i think that might be a bit of, an urban myth this. Idea of loyalty at the end, of the day you're looking to have your, business be strong, successful, and, sustainable, surely.
Speaker 21: Yeah true true but also.
Speaker 40: LOYALTY as, well i Mean the company i've been with have had a contract you open nearly, thirty years now it's, under negotiations again and we may lose it because as someone else has come in with. A, CHEAPER price yeah i. DON'T know how i don't know how you. Can, do it honestly you don't get. All your fuel you've got, to you know. Pay people.
Speaker 38: Maintenance it's impossible so.
Speaker 1: Long as sad there's a safety and safety, STANDARDS are well i think.
Speaker 40: YOU'VE been compromised i think, they've been.
Speaker 38: COMPROMISED do, you I do.
Speaker 40: Honestly i do and that's why you see a lot of truck accidents on the. Road at wait and a lot of truckies will agree. With me, too they'll say there's a hell of a lot more truck accidents happening now than there was. Twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: And what's the definition of? A, truck, accident.
Speaker 40: Well no well, they've, Lost distraction.
Speaker 1: Right so you're talking. About, a crash yeah.
Speaker 40: Well yeah crashes so tires they don't they don't, maintain their, vehicles their tires trailers.
Speaker 21: Are just shonky but.
Speaker 1: Authorities looking at that and issuing substantial fines if that is, INDEED the case.
Speaker 21: I don't know i, haven't seen it not.
Speaker 40: For, a while.
Speaker 25: Well how can they get?
Speaker 1: Away with.
Speaker 40: It no idea that's why you notice a lot of white trucks going up and down.
Speaker 38: The for anyways there's no. Names on them people. Can't report them.
Speaker 40: There's no names or can't beany logos, on the doors and.
Speaker 1: That's, what, happens, interesting. Interesting interesting interesting you.
Speaker 40: Can, ask you can you can ask all the truckies to. Probably listen here i'll probably.
Speaker 38: Agree with me.
Speaker 1: Well we'll get some calls from other Truckies. Right around australia Good, on your. Christian thank you it's. A fascinating, idea i mean the idea of BEING competitive business i. Think is legitimate you want, to be competitive and as an owner, of a business you want to be you want to remain competitive. And also profitable and you've got to do that and be considered and you've got to be monitoring that on a, if not, daily, certainly. Weekly. Monthly annual, uh you know it's part of what you do to. Run that business it's got. To be monitored otherwise. You go broke and you know how quickly in this day and age you. Can go broke you've got, to remain safe apply to all the standards and be a desireable customer for people they want to do. Business with you one double three. Six' nine three you'll. Call straight After this, It is australia overnight, tony mcmanuson the, chair as you know right through into the wie small come and join. Me the other side one double Three six nine three great to have your Company, wherever RIGHT Across Australia can i tony maker suggestions for music song, titles, mild to wild inappropriate, corruptible and? Immoral titles what what too? Young to be married? We'll, Get you now okay so they are The themes of Too young to be married, was a weird song too, young to be married too? Young to be free too? Young to be married but? What could they do they were going to have, a maybe great song Going to say, The hollies love child. Torn between two lovers what a song? FEELING like a Fool. I don't like monday, The one for me joe is, Jump in my car. Jump in my car i'm going. To drive you home and then when he realizes that she lives in, the middle of nowhere he get. Out of my car used to have a girlfriend, many many years, ago many Years.
Speaker 25: Ago.
Speaker 1: Lived in footscray now the drive in those Days at the foots gray was a, long way, to go you know unless you happen to. Live in that area but if YOU were coming, From i don't know sandringham was a long way to go and pick up a, girlfriend for you Know to join the saturday night activities with a whole bunch of people and then have to Take. HER back, to, Footscray i did though chris morning.
Speaker 9: A couple of. The, morning to you? Hey you, going well thank you you said quickly THERE it's not what i range for with you since you were ON at five double. A, for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah a little bit. A long time AGO so five double a over there did the couple of oven night programs and then WE'RE very Closely with Kg and Cornsey and bas and pilco and in those days looking after the program with them. FOR a little While.
Speaker 9: I lived in adelaide. For a few years.
Speaker 37: It's a good station it's a, really good radio station and of Course they're part Of They're.
Speaker 1: Part of australia overnight, now as we speak There's people right throughout Adelaide LISTENING. Via FIVE double a.
Speaker 9: And I Used. To love bob francis legendary People did listening to bob waiting when they go off, like a pressure cooker and he.
Speaker 1: Would go right off he would yell and scream. And, he was fantastic.
Speaker 9: Yes no.
Speaker 1: One else quite low he was really good at one stage. And you'll love THIS at one stage i ENDED up GETTING a i think i might have been a bit TIRED and emotional and I ended up getting one of the, daughters said to me why don't you? Get YOUR rears dad so i Got ME a p so i came in my night with. My very sore Ear fatty noticed that. I'd had a piercing he did fifteen minute tie rade about. Me. Having, a PhD year.
Speaker 8: Ah what a laugh.
Speaker 1: He was just brilliant. He was just pretty and he came around.
Speaker 25: For dinner one.
Speaker 1: Night you love this he came around, for dinner one night. And he arrived late he arrived about an hour and a, half late For, dinner and so tracy my, wife, at, that stage, said well you. Know here's the dinner it's not going to be fantastic because it's been waiting in the oven for an. Hour, And a half well bobby sat down complain for another hour and a half how. Bad, the meal was ah this Is the worst meal i've ever had. In my entire life and then he. Stood, up and left.
Speaker 9: Ah, what a bugger yeah. He's a funny one there's some. Good stuff on YouTube it he used to be. Another still up there.
Speaker 1: He was a shocker. He was a. Shocker he got away was?
Speaker 9: IT for fifty years i? Think? A long time yeah what A. Broadcast was mister adelaide.
Speaker 1: He was just fantastic you were.
Speaker 9: Talking about That theme songs before prisoner has GOT to be Mass.
Speaker 1: I loved the prisoner it was a, great piece of music and.
Speaker 9: The show was so, good you were thinking you were trying to. Think of that one thank you. For Being a.
Speaker 1: Friend, GOLDEN girls is yes I never liked.
Speaker 9: Much american Television Really but the golden. Girls is an, exception, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 9: VERY well written yeah I Used to love Walter Mattow And.
Speaker 8: In the?
Speaker 9: Odd couple what's.
Speaker 1: Great That Theme from the odd couple is also a, great piece of music and They used that In perth TO promote millsey And i. Doing the bricky program millsey was seen he would be making His toast and and i'd be sitting there PRETENDING to have caviat i think they Pitched Us. As. The, odd couple yeah.
Speaker 9: No well that's a good one where you're going to have someone try, and someone. You know, the, opposite that's work really?
Speaker 1: Isn't It, supposed to jill chris good. To talk to you everything? Okay in, your world.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah not much rain over here in this way we. Need, a bit more. OTHERWISE everything's all right i Noticed the saying he's interregon Now. And not more well you, must have? Moved somewhere?
Speaker 14: DID he who's that i noticed.
Speaker 9: When, they introduced vern.
Speaker 1: Yes it's in he's moved formerly more well And. He's now in toregon He's, safe and willy. Chris look after yourself thank you for being. Part of the program was. Interesting To Note Online, Former premier, Jeff, kenny good morning jeff made comment about the fact that he didn't think there was a lot of coverage of the rain in the last twenty four, to thirty, six hours and so, as you can imagine sometimes people go ape, online AND they did and i, just, THOUGHT to myself well i know HERE at three a w we spoke. About it yesterday morning The breakfast Team of ross and RUSS on three a w spoke evenly for about a half an hour or more solidly between five point thirty and six yesterday highlighting how. Glorious the rain was other sections of media. Have certainly covet it but wherever You are right across victoria In Particular, and into south australia tell us about the amount of rain that you've seen in the. Last forty eight hours one double Three six Nine Three Got, A sandra Richmond.
Speaker 9: Morning Sandra and Ringwood?
Speaker 1: Isn't? Sandra In? RINGWOOD no in ringwood, I beg your Pardon i've got, The? Richmond forgive me? Sandra got, You nice all right.
Speaker 28: I'm, Only, Stirring.
Speaker 1: You no well bringwood's a lovelier up there on, the on. The?
Speaker 11: Highway, AREN'T you yeah No i was just i'm going to talk to you about the range because we had A.
Speaker 8: Lot here.
Speaker 28: In ringwood that's good and also.
Speaker 11: YOU know, the coverage i mean they had a had a Really good, segment on channel nine had a couple of farmers on who received, a LOT of rain which i was really happy, about because you know they went through terrible time with the, drought and you know they showed. The the their farms then, they had, their animals you, know and you know a couple of dogs, running around, the dam you know and they were. So happy with. That it's so important lovely segment.
Speaker 1: To, it really was yeah and you know it's it's so important for our Farming. Community right across australia but certainly when there's drag conditions and given where everything Has Been Happening in New south wales and, queensland with, you know with floods and yet in our, Part of the World Victorian and into south australia is so indsperate. Need, have some water hopefully hopefully it will continue a little bit and get them out of the. Verbial in coming months THEY.
Speaker 11: Have one with i love. A sun bent country that poem. Is just, so true you know it is, the land of tweeting planes of ragged mountain ranges of. Drought and flooding rains it's just such a wonderful poem.
Speaker 1: THAT was written in i love, HER for her horizons, i love her jewels see her beauty and her terror the wild. Brown land for, me, Yeah, that's right yo sandra. Thank you for that you've just you've. Just Nailed, That, beautifully, IN greensborough maxie morning.
Speaker 28: I WAS from. THREE a w signal i listened to radio through, my, elect magina right yes pick APPLES dated on AN I have three. A, W.
Speaker 1: Coming in well maxie on what?
Speaker 25: Programm?
Speaker 1: You're listening on what what sort?
Speaker 2: Of?
Speaker 1: The?
Speaker 28: Election Machine?
Speaker 1: On, alexa, on alexa yeah yes.
Speaker 28: Radio through the electra this is.
Speaker 1: Through, a speaker.
Speaker 8: Speak.
Speaker 28: Yeah there's no problem we'll bring, The.
Speaker 1: Other three up maxie i'll tell you. How to fix it so what it's? Dropping in?
Speaker 46: And?
Speaker 1: Out, Is It yeah okay so i'll tell you. How you fix it and you might want to write, down. This certain note max so Just turn, off the alexa yeah and then leave it, for about you know, five to ten minutes let it sort, of settle a bit and Then and then, turn alexa back, on turn, it on you know and probably probably What, you could do max if you could, just remove your shirt remove your remove your shirt and then and then do a little dance in front of alexa and then just hop on one leg for somewhere between ninety. Seconds to two minutes that. Should fix the problem should it, not fix the problem feel free To. Call, me back maax okay, Good on you mate. I'm here to help It's all. Part of australia overnight can you imagine there are Blokes now right across australia dancing with their shirts off in. FRONT of their alexa i, Could Possibly, Go wrong, hawkeye kanana? PHIL morning.
Speaker 18: How good i hope i've got green from me to here. With your technical help maybe you're not paying, You, ENOUGH.
Speaker 1: For That yeah i mean i'm here, to, help, people. Technically, physically mentally socially. Yeah.
Speaker 18: That's, my job phil yes, well you're probably like maybe you're. AN anarchist at heart.
Speaker 1: I can, tell you. Oh yeah that's right. Anarchy is my, thing? How, are, you FELLA yeah sensacially if i get just GET rid of. The i feel, great just this nagging little bloody cough AND it's. Worse when i laugh.
Speaker 18: It's everywhere both the shoe. Who MUST be obeyed and. I got the safe she's, given It to me. And i've got it so.
Speaker 28: Rum.
Speaker 18: And bonoxs will pishup.
Speaker 1: I'm loving that idea, not necessarily the rum but just the bonox you.
Speaker 18: Reckon might help cat. It's like chicken. Soup.
Speaker 28: IT can't hurt well i had a bit of.
Speaker 1: That over the weekend the idea of lemon some honey with a dash Of Double. Black from johnny walker that's historically. Pretty, GOOD for me.
Speaker 18: Yes i just add two. Espos and it works. That's all, you need, my, chemist you. Said oh you haven't you haven't. HAD a, Flu shot i said i've had a flu shot in twenty years and i haven't had the. Flu in, fifteen, years he said well? What do you do garlic, chillies and lemon juice honey and two aspos and whiskey and squeat It out and then i'm good. Forty, eight hours.
Speaker 1: Later, yeah there you go and. Just literally sweated.
Speaker 18: Out and remember the old thing of putting bits or natsa in the boiler boil two tail over your head. And breathe it, in, AND it works man.
Speaker 1: I think it does and those. Old style remedies filled they worked for a reason back post war or leading up to the, warm post war presumably and you. Know they did. Work, they, did, work.
Speaker 18: Yeah well yeah being the, bag for the bush. You usually old recipes but you're whinging about. The rain over there we had a little bit. Of rain over Here It. Laughed in western australia and so then, because the guners overflowed the power line that goes into the house shorted out and what was going to be a three hundred Dollar job for the sparkis has turned to an, eight thousand dollars refiring rewiring. The, whole, bunny house really yeah. But these things happen. It's just character building is.
Speaker 1: That the is that because the age of the property to feel presumably, That, with that technology yeah. A, bit of both yeah because the house was built in the seventies and the original Piece of equipment and i'll send you, a photo, of it you know a little short, but then.
Speaker 18: You know just things happened happenedly we had all the vds and new circuit, boarding which say this otherwise the damn house would have burnt down in THE short accessor.
Speaker 1: Now i was thinking about you yesterday because we asked on the PROGRAM of, those GREAT tv, themes and i said The theme from the SULLIVANS was Written and. I hope i'm right, and, THEN somebody said no i don't. THINK you are right i don't think. It WAS that person but i said it was written by the person who for many many years was the great band leader, on the midday show someone that you used to have. A, drink with occasionally.
Speaker 18: Ah you're testing me it tested me. ON art music scenes i was going to suggest to you it just reminded, me a wonderful shoes, beautiful piece of music and you said you had a like of classis the Theme, from the need line which Is? Actually written by katchaturian.
Speaker 1: Oh Is It? Really, the neeeding line yeah.
Speaker 42: BEAUTIFUL piece and beauty i will have.
Speaker 1: A listen to it Good on, Your Phil, thank You jimmy. Westwoods great, Jimmy morning Good.
Speaker 15: Morning tony. And joe i've forgotten the last remaining Living member Of the beat is tony who what's His name.
Speaker 37: Of the barry, is The elder brother and barry is the one that's still with Us where We've lost morris and robin and of course a long time before That their other brother andy.
Speaker 1: Passed, away as, well.
Speaker 15: Yeah that's right BECAUSE a while ago i saw A. Music program, on tv there's thousands, thousands of people then and he's on stage singing and sounded like the whole three. Of them were singing he. Did A fantastic job but i never got to get the name of. THE music show that i didn't, GET the whole. SHOW i can't remember i, didn't SEE the show but. I saw him singing i couldn't believe that he's still singing. And singing so Good who was that jim the last remaining Member of The, beat berry.
Speaker 1: GiB yeah, SO he's still.
Speaker 15: There i mean singing and also Did you know that madonna's got a new album out and he's doing?
Speaker 14: Her well.
Speaker 1: Coming here why would you not be Fantastic, Those great heritage jacks please Do those GREAT heritage jacks As. I call, them heritagejacks they're fantastic and you know they've provided so much enjoyment over so many years to each and. Every one of us would you go and see a, lot of them. Again yes you would lots of texts, and my humble apologies we're not going to get. To all of them My solution for the lexi guy is. To buy an iPhone. Usually works really well this is Just, drove Up to jerusalem Says. David, here in israel yeah when you can with the. Three on w app presumably that's how, You're, listening to it david you might like to confirm That. For, Me, In, hawthorne warrick hello warrick? How are you well? Thank you for?
Speaker 39: Asking what was that?
Speaker 25: Thank?
Speaker 9: You for?
Speaker 1: Asking, well thank.
Speaker 39: You yeah that's okay by ranging. About Two weeks ago and i'm A Member. Of the liberal party you're the one And The situation regarding. John, pashudo's concerning me yeah how do you think?
Speaker 19: It?
Speaker 1: Should, BE managed.
Speaker 39: Worrick well i think The Funds of the liberal party could be Better Use and financing. John pashudo's bankrupt applications.
Speaker 1: You haven't got any money, You? Could lend him? Warrick what is that you haven't got a quid? You, Could lend.
Speaker 39: Him well john's been an acquaintance of.
Speaker 1: Mine, FOR twelve years yes.
Speaker 39: I, know HIM quite well but i don't. He's, a natural.
Speaker 1: Politician well how many?
Speaker 38: Of?
Speaker 1: US are.
Speaker 39: True anyway i. Turned seventy spy Yesterday many happy.
Speaker 1: Returns warrick seventy. FIVE good for you i hope you're. Celebrated, IN grand style.
Speaker 39: Well i had Our lunch and On Sunday At the Role, like hotel in richmond beautiful and some friends of mine gala there and we.
Speaker 1: Had, A good time well i said, to the Boys yesterday if if melbourne, HAD a won yesterday i was going To. Take them to vlado's have You ever Been. To, vlado's in richmond.
Speaker 39: Yes it's. About thirty years.
Speaker 1: Ago that's the one so we thought, we might go back. And that's the one we thought we'd go back there and rediscover. Some of our roots if you liked They were back at vlado's. All those Years ago unfortunately in melbourne lost and lost. Only by a point, sam brings A Note he says david hasselhoff tone also saying jump In my car with kit. Back in the day at the end, of The video Clip the hoffs is kit get. Her out of here kid ejects the passenger. From the, passenger's seat. Very funny thank you. If He's, A straighter open night we're back the. Other side morning.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: This Is a Straggler open eyes with tony McManus on a.
Speaker 47: Crowded beach in a distant time at. The heart of summer see a boy of five.
Speaker 2: At The Water's.
Speaker 47: Edge so nimba lumphrey, jumping over the ribbons looking.
Speaker 30: Way.
Speaker 2: Out to see.
Speaker 47: Now man comes up, from a monster throne takes a young boy's hand and, it's and there's strong and the chot feels safe and the chot feels break and just carry.
Speaker 2: In those arms up and ober the way steeple. Water deep deeple wader. It's calling him more.
Speaker 48: Let's move forward, now with the chats teeth with a dog in, the vaccine taste sns? What's most cats with on, the points crowding side.
Speaker 31: You?
Speaker 8: Go to come back you?
Speaker 1: WANT to, come Back I reckon. That's paul kelly's fantastic so you've Wore A song By Neil, finn and paul kelly a. Combination of the two, with that song again it's brilliant for those that are setting messages and making comment with REGARDS to only because i just find, it, a little unpalatable uncharitable if not unkind. To make, comments about you know, it's, a talkback, program people it's talkback and so by definition of talkback you're. Going to get characters and that's what we. LOVE about this program i love it anyway of talking to a, range of different people and, we don't always agree and we're not. Supposed to always agree i'm taking the view that great. Minds don't think alike all great. Minds don't think alike but the idea of then writing a little note which, is directed To, me directed to ja and directed to management of the radio station complaining about other callers. Makes absolutely no, sense it's not. Joyous it's not kind it just, says more about you probably than it, does about anything else and. So it doesn't represent if, you don't. Like it that's fine if you don't like what somebody else has, said on the program feel free to ring the program yourself and come. And have your say just. To snipe from outside the proverbial tent makes little or no difference to anybody except that we, get to read it and it just drips in a. Belligerent, lack of class frankly one double. Three six nine three you're more than, Walking to join anytime. Leo on the? Road where you Been.
Speaker 8: I've?
Speaker 20: Been to coolies Rock What's?
Speaker 1: Happening in cooley's rock for those, that may not Know Tell. Us about cooli's rock it's.
Speaker 19: A rock and roll festival and a car show and they're Fantastic.
Speaker 1: Help, wear.
Speaker 20: In kunagata right That's Why.
Speaker 1: It's called coolies rock so You Jumped on the big bird? OR did you drive I know this Time I.
Speaker 19: Took the big Bird but next time i'm taking one of my classic cars and.
Speaker 1: And, do a run up straight up through the center exactly.
Speaker 20: Way, TO do, IT look i mean i. Believe, IT or not Look i drove to brisbane a couple of YEARS ago and the Gps.
Speaker 43: Took me through sydney once upon a time it was an extra three four hours If.
Speaker 38: You, go through sydney yeah but because.
Speaker 19: Of all the roadworks, and all the bypassers it's now it's only about, fifteen twenty minutes difference but it's cut out about three.
Speaker 20: Hours, derive at.
Speaker 1: Least yeah. THAT'S massive, it is.
Speaker 43: I mean but everything you don't get one light if you, can take, the tills for example If once you leave melbourne we gotta. Say onto the hume if you don't get one light until You, get, to, cross harbor.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow that's pretty good and the roads of the roads would, be pretty. Good, too presumably later yeah.
Speaker 20: They're all multi laned and all sectioned.
Speaker 21: Off And the works now.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about later in the year maybe because as somebody pointed, Out on this program I've not been to sydney for. About, forty five years okay.
Speaker 20: It hasn't changed much still bad coffee.
Speaker 1: Comand traffic and Bad haven't been to Sydney for forty five. That Hasn't. Changed much that's farney did you see There was an apartment it was. IN the papers yesterday i, don't really noticed it but it's Right Above the new crown, building overlooking the world and they reckon it. Was going to sell it was advertised. At one hundred million they thought there was a buyer that was going to sign off it as yesterday.
Speaker 24: For.
Speaker 1: Eighty million dollars unbelievable eighty million dollars, for a, beautiful apartment six bedrooms has its own, entrance for the chef. As you would expect but EIGHTY million dollars and i.
Speaker 20: Cannot, quantify that honestly.
Speaker 1: Well there's very few. Of, us that can.
Speaker 14: Yeah there have to.
Speaker 21: Be, an international buyer.
Speaker 1: Well, they made it clear and some. Haven't got this right they've made it. Clear that it's not it, was, a local buyer okay and it can, never be built out, Never be built out so it. Was, a local buyer.
Speaker 20: Yeah a lot of those places.
Speaker 19: Can't be built out but in twenty thirty years it can still be the same because, DEPENDING where, it's, positioned i.
Speaker 1: Guess well it overlooks it over, looks at the harbor so you've got theseible views, and from you know from your bedroom you. Can touch, the bridge.
Speaker 20: OH wow, that look i mean. It's a beautiful harbor. They've got fantastic beaches but the.
Speaker 19: Food is not good they are people a narchy and. This is my experience and. The traffic is horrible.
Speaker 1: The Traffic is dreadful but I've come back to melbourne, after all those years, as You well know and i'm still getting used To. The traffic in melbourne.
Speaker 21: IT is, getting worse i.
Speaker 1: Agree It's not fantastic and i'm not too sure. What the answer is i'm not too sure that there, is an answer necessarily except when a lot of this production and roadwork is finished and. Tunnels are all done god only knows how much longer, we have to say will that make. Any, real substantial difference.
Speaker 19: Look adding another road to another lane to a freeway is like a fat man who undoes his belt.
Speaker 1: Thinks he's last, Weight maybe you're right. Maybe you are right, it's going to, help you would hope but they're not.
Speaker 20: Going to fix it, Where?
Speaker 25: Are you now leo?
Speaker 1: What's the mood like in the, mood of the meeting.
Speaker 20: It's been pretty, slow it was busy.
Speaker 11: Busy.
Speaker 20: BY slowed Down now i think i've got an apple run next.
Speaker 19: In about two minutes and he's waiting outside.
Speaker 38: His, house for, Me.
Speaker 1: Ago all right i'll. Talk to.
Speaker 19: You.
Speaker 1: Soon thank you well leo's out. There On the road, Chris, broady MORNING now chris can i, just FOR the record because i was most impressed with your lovely note that you SENT me where You i don't hope i'm not speaking, Out, of school here chris but you issued a very lovely note to me. Personally and the listeners you've been going through some difficult challenges and we had to cut you off last week. Because of some language you acknowledged, that WAS a mistake and i admire for the idea of being able to recognize that and that. Apology, Was, MOST welcome chris.
Speaker 45: Yeah i picked up on pap it out of. A few herds buffle, I must be lucky viotamin do you and maybe need to attend, to That as well because i've only been at my front door maybe six or seven times in three. And, a half weeks yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's not great you've got to GET outside all sud, a lot.
Speaker 45: Of fatigue, a LOT of exhaustion and i can't even attempt sometimes to pick up the phone, many hours. Every DAY you know as i said to, you in an email five support corridos resigned and managers resigned four weeks AGO my special psychology i mentioned that Goodbye, my SUPPORT worker charlotte who i really looked up to it and maed and allowed me to, be a really. Nice down earth guy she's gone the four hole in administration parts of that mental health provider and my new support worker. CAME three fridays ago i was supposed to get a support. Worker twice a week monday tried for two hours plus half Hour of trouble and saturdays for two and a half hours. And half hour trouble i'm only getting some. Point walking for once i'm going to miss out on a. LOT of this indie i s fundred and sixty five, and OVER twelve months, but I remained visible and i did pick UP yesday just before i turned the video on a twenty, pass FREE to watch and i. WATCHED the whole game i decided it must have come from something you're doing After, five O'CLOCK on friday when i was from PART of way WHEN i opened when i CLOSED that THEMES and i decided i WAS picking up fingering i might just see on THE. Internet look at stadlermlo the two old blokes That were in The. Buggany on, the muppet.
Speaker 1: Oh gee they were two of my favorite, characters of all time those little two little BLOKES.
Speaker 45: In, the AND i say and i. WON'T get it long i want to Give other people because i've had a good govern for thirty. THREE years or more i don't know if When people were stiping melbourne saying their game plan over the years is they're going to refresh it up for today's needs, and they're playing well or whether there's More to come from collingwood because they did not give due cause Or respect to the melbourne, team of their ability because they do have great Household names in the melbourne team And whether or maybe colinwood As pretty early in i've got this wrong and they've given me already. A big reality checking. And they're too old they're mature, and older league starts and they might start losing a.
Speaker 1: Couple, of more games yeah it might be a little bit. All of the above some of those younger Players Coming in from melbourn ge.
Speaker 13: They, look, good though yeah yeah it's.
Speaker 18: Good.
Speaker 45: To see those yeah all You Know now is jack byney and all of a Sudden he's not just. Marco balls and handballer. HE'S a game player i mean he will run into position to take a leading player out of the running, line of the footy and that gets brings your other.
Speaker 1: Pause into the game you see the little Push and Shove Between. MAZIE and captain max i THINK they, were just, i think you know sometimes the pressure gets to them and there was a, little push And shove and Obviously. Mayze said someddening max he was sort, of dismissive of it or appeared to be physically dismissive of. Whatever that comment was and, they'll sort, of out no doubt but you can imagine the disappointment that would have lived in both Their souls.
Speaker 45: Protus ruckman mexic because he can have an off day and he. Missed a, vital golf, but look you know and then, players, If they said hey, i'm not the, captain.
Speaker 39: Who you.
Speaker 45: Know, like chill out yeah, we've lost the game but you. Know we're coming again our. Game.
Speaker 1: Plan IS working yeah so i don't think anybody would doubt that the game plan was was really good, whatever that was yesterday. And it looked, great and you know at the, end Of The day as brad Hardy on three aw footy set over, the WEEKEND as well and i thought it was. A very good point whether you win by two points or whether you win by sixty five points in a, week and a half when you get into, around nineteen and twenty nobody will care. About what you won by the fact that you won and shows that you, won the four points that's. All THAT matters you and, i LOVE motor cars so i thought as we go, through the morning together We were WANTING to, jay and i said look at why don't we just put together a little list, of motor cars that for the most part no. Longer on, the market for Example The GREAT brand sab saab Sab produced first automobile SWEDEN nineteen forty sevens, sab and you know they did some really interesting motorcars. There for a WHILE gonsk no. MORE sa done dusted i think it was taken over by another. One of the. MAJORS is my recollection i have to double, check on that anyway and then it just dismantled. Itself out of that but they were looking drove one, that was, hydrogen based was incredible but very, early infancy of hydrogen and so they were doing some really interesting things and then all of a sudden just not sustainable. And no more so if you've got a is the one that jumps to mind for you as a motorcar or as a brand. A brand of motorcar we're looking for, that you either new loved or once admired no longer available one Double three, Nine three leo Morning Good.
Speaker 22: Morning to, Ian.
Speaker 1: Adelaide i'm fantastic? Leo, what about you, Yeah.
Speaker 22: NOT too bad tony i need your help now you? Don't have you, know she is uh she's a actress A Film And Named James Seymour.
Speaker 1: Jans, jane Seymour.
Speaker 22: To tody what i'm trying to find out what's In A. Movie called top gun.
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure that whether She Was. In the top gun but in the early days she was actually. A wonderful bonder girl but we. Knew and, LOVED her Most Recently i guess jane seymour when she was starring in a great Western which Was, called what's that ah she played the, part, of a. Doctor doctor doctor Quinnole that's the One tony can. Doctor quinn, medicine woman, THAT'S right.
Speaker 22: Because movies a. Few movies you did i'm trying to find it. Was one of, these, if, you say oh. No it's straight away could you tell me some of?
Speaker 1: The movies he did Did she? Do the Odin line? So, the, odin, line, No not no.
Speaker 22: No i'm just trying i'm just trying. To, find it was uh, We were talking tonight i'm five. Double a Early Tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah about Jane Seymour yeah.
Speaker 22: About Jane Seymour and and andrew ryan evented the. Movies she was in i'm just trying TO think which.
Speaker 1: One, i, Was now uh well i'm just trying. To think as Well, WAS she in well i think we're all. Instantly think of mister we All Intertantly Think Of. Quinn, THE medicine show yeah i.
Speaker 22: Think she was in it was, a good movie too one of THE one of her i got. Great, movies she.
Speaker 1: Did uh let me. Just have a Look?
Speaker 25: Was?
Speaker 1: She imperfectly prudence.
Speaker 22: No, not, that one No no that's not maybe she was in the. Bad not The one What?
Speaker 1: About, pray for rain, no not that one though. This is going beautifully?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: ABOUT did, You Did, I, say dear, prudence Sorry. Dear, sorry, dear, prudence.
Speaker 22: No, no no.
Speaker 1: No no no No what About?
Speaker 11: In?
Speaker 1: Memory, my heart.
Speaker 22: No SORRY don't you but i don't know jactly how, many movies she did but thought she Might Have been in top gun. Or something like.
Speaker 1: THAT nothing the one i don't Remember Her. BEING in top gun i mean, SHE may have been.
Speaker 22: I don't Remember it that's why i'm trying to find out if if somebody out there she was In A movie with michael Kine that Was.
Speaker 8: Told, jack the ripper Oh she Was.
Speaker 1: In jack the Ripper Was? She With michael? Caine, with michael, Really.
Speaker 22: Yeah that's oh i'm going back. About thirty years Ago.
Speaker 1: It Would be Jack The. Ripper with michael caine that goes back to it was a mini series really back. To, nineteen eighty eight oh.
Speaker 22: It could have been It. COULD have been tony i know. There was a movie it went on for.
Speaker 1: Two nights they did. That's what, It, was a, Series Yeah mini.
Speaker 22: Series Mark Kay. And, jane, jave seymour. Yeah yeah TELL you that's. All i tell you i'll get somebody else. TO check It out i gotta i've, Got a mobile phone tony and the only use on his ring up. And, tape phone call well.
Speaker 1: That's all you needed to do as long. As it does that what sort of what sort?
Speaker 24: Of?
Speaker 1: Phone is it Leo? Is it an apple or? Is it what? BRAND sad? Sad song i want it's the same song top?
Speaker 25: Of, the, Was HER.
Speaker 22: Yeah yeah can i tell you ONE more? Things? Before i Go?
Speaker 1: Yes? You made leo?
Speaker 22: Uh what's take on trying to think of the Name? OF don't you persia i think it's called A purple.
Speaker 1: We love pergio.
Speaker 22: And not a very. Good looking Tab buttin i'm thinking i've. Got the right. Car i'm going wrong but if you get a punker you can still? Drive on three?
Speaker 1: Wheels is that? Right? Three wheel pergo.
Speaker 22: No if if if you get a punka they got. Four wheels on them get a punker you can still.
Speaker 1: Drive on three wheels sometimes they. CALLED the, run flat i? Think, are they yeah yeah listened to get you to, the, Petrol, station SOMETHING yeah, TONY.
Speaker 22: Before i go i don't Know. What timas in melbourne what's it will be About? Three?
Speaker 1: Thirty, in melbourne oh no it's coming up. TO breakfast time here.
Speaker 22: I see.
Speaker 17: That's not.
Speaker 22: Too bad it's late it's late in The, morning's.
Speaker 1: Out and leo it's. Later. THAN you think tody i just want, to SAY one thing but i say it.
Speaker 14: IN the.
Speaker 22: NINTH way i can't i have to say. It that damn table, I'll, tell you what tony, IF you check good i put my. Shoes on the red, But.
Speaker 1: There you go leo thank, You for sharing that aaron, In w, A.
Speaker 17: Morning good morning tony how?
Speaker 45: Are You?
Speaker 1: We know we're leo he has. GOT his shoes.
Speaker 17: Erin, i never clear.
Speaker 14: Really we're going.
Speaker 17: To discuss with you what do you think to purchas your train? System turning RAILWAY system what do I?
Speaker 1: THINK of thee, Oh, I love it aaron i love. The new train system you're talking about The Train. System in, western australia oh yeah. It's very very good have you?
Speaker 17: Ever where those?
Speaker 8: Trains have you?
Speaker 1: Been have you been have you used THE new trains w? A, system the future yeah you should jump. In and use it it's great and. And it's. Really affordable that's RIGHT what else was i going?
Speaker 17: To, discuss with.
Speaker 1: You no that's okay have you? BEEN watching ANY? Tally i watch tv who? Do you bery?
Speaker 17: FOR i'm not sure i mean? There's not of them do.
Speaker 19: You?
Speaker 1: Follow the football sometimes do you have? A? Partner in life aaron. I'm a single guy have you have you how long since. YOU'VE had a girlfriend.
Speaker 17: I, Never. HAD a girlfriend tony i. DON'T believe in marriage i. Believe that being single it is right.
Speaker 1: For me be single you're? Happy? To? Be, SINGLE well. Attraction no i understand do?
Speaker 25: YOU have any?
Speaker 1: Money? I do you well see your miles in front. Of most of, Us.
Speaker 17: Have lovely morning tony here you.
Speaker 1: Too are and good. To talk to you thank you for being. Part of the program it is a straighter every night at your Calls the other side melbourne On, The way to sydney neil will, Come. To you neck tony how can? You feel beauty? Full after. The robbery last night you're talking about The Robbery Of the collingwood football Club And The. Great melbourne football, Club, what a game well, it wasn't a robber. It wasn't a robbery it was. Just a cracking game and the four points go on the board and They, don't go against melbourne they Go up against. The collingwood score Line. So congratulations to collingwood but what a clash could have? Gone the other way didn't full stop and no correspondence. Will Be, entered into and neil now Are you heading towards?
Speaker 38: Sydney around good morning how are?
Speaker 1: You fantastic? In yourself.
Speaker 38: Thank you just to quickie Bring it up about christian.
Speaker 1: Please talking about trucks here and whether or not some of the some of the other ones are coming, in and you know working towards, price and you know trying to BE competitive And maybe i think christian would suggest maybe. Sometimes un baily competitive.
Speaker 38: Well that's up to the people who want. To pay the price you, don't get the surface. But they're nice people but you, come up behind him then you can see all the buckles. LOOSE on their trailers i pulling the tar cutter, every now and then which is the half way point where they do change overs and slats ahead and watch them go there with the, wheels not wound up the electric leads not plugged in at the. Back of, the trailer nice people. Don't get me wrong but they, Come, over with money tony because these units are about six hundred seven hundred thousand dollars truck, and trailer three doubles so. They've got, the money and yeah but it's a bit it's a bit scary. Coming up behind them you're watching they're stair tires as as you're overtaken them because they. RUN off, the road a lot a lot of Runoffs up Here. Between melbourne and city. THAT'S that's that ONCE i Just thought i backed. Trishy up on that AND the other one i was, Going, to ask your tony is about the ship with the cars accord on for just in the? Middle of the idea?
Speaker 1: Saw that was that? A lot of It? Was it just tesla? WAS there other models i didn't hear three?
Speaker 20: Thousand cars on it.
Speaker 38: Everyone, Off the ship yeah i'm just gonna let it burn and.
Speaker 19: Sink.
Speaker 38: To, The bottom yep yeah so. THAT'S an interesting, one i just also the petrol stations. Are still getting, built look.
Speaker 1: But yeah it's fascinating given that. THAT is the case i. Just happened to note we were driving back with a Couple of people on i'm just, Trying to think now saturday night And driving away from hampton and Heading back. Towards the berrick area the point OF that story is i just happened to notice because you don't notice it so much during the. Day because it's light but in the dark you see, these MASSIVE petrol stations and i reckon there, would have been one, would have had twelve. Maybe fifteen or, more, there, is. Tanks, pumps yes massive yeah.
Speaker 38: When they're going electric while they're, building the big ones and if They're driving up to sydney, yet the human highways it's a. It's a good drive it's due a while way.
Speaker 8: All.
Speaker 38: The, Way up yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah i've got. To have a credit i've got to have a credit THAT just just before. I let you go in terms of those vehicles, to which you referred do not the authorities look at these things on a regular basis of making sure that all the regulations are in place. According, to the.
Speaker 38: Law, yeah well they have, they have their blitzers and there's a twenty four hour wave bridge Up here at marule. Ye in the side it's not, open all the time but they can only call in.
Speaker 41: One or.
Speaker 38: Two trucks you know, they can't bank us. Thank us all up so it's just the luck of the draw that a lot of, them are in there a lot getting their. Log BOOKS looked at and i feel a bit sorry for him because they're trying, to have a go but this has not the business to be just. Happy to go at that's just another quick one With. The, TRAFFIC in melbourne please i am just so surprised that they've built the new tunnels and they're eating three. Lanes, in, each one?
Speaker 1: Yeah crazy isn't it. Just it seems weird and in another few, years you'll be saying why didn't we make. Four or five tunnels we'll have.
Speaker 38: A look at the burnley tunnel now. Coming out of town crazy before we go through that and The MAIN tunnel going did I come out at melbourne at eight o'clock and it's just it's sneeze on the other side Down up the west coat all. The way BACK right that's all. I wanted to say thanks.
Speaker 1: For taking the part it just comes. To a grinding hold always good, To. Talk to you Neil Thank. You In, South australia hello Michael.
Speaker 8: AUSTRALIA in w way. I beg your Pardon I'm talking about Scott morrison In his order, of AUSTRALIA and Yeah Well i mean robo dad And what he did china and getting all the. Body ministery and everything he's going to have The answer to his god. More than anything else but THE Only prime minister i Reckon. Deserves who was traia I'm, a like Of Eader, but As Johnny haward because johnny haward, free these, team more you know you know me one more person there's free the Country Since a Second World. Ward and johnny helend.
Speaker 1: It's a VERY good point and i can't, instantly think of anybody, But. You're Probably Right michael.
Speaker 8: And johnny howard is the greatest prime minister whe they had after. Doing that and astray he's very proud.
Speaker 24: Of.
Speaker 1: What they did yeah so so you weren't a great fan of former. Prime minister being awarded.
Speaker 8: But, it's a, boys club you know it's just. A body, boys club you know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot there's a lot of there's a lot of a lot. Of women. Received, awards michael yesterday.
Speaker 8: Yeah BUT you know what i, mean by boys club it's just just. KEEP it in house, a lot, of, them you are Like They're always Awarding prime Minister as orders of australia. And things.
Speaker 1: Like, that you know yeah and so when you, say a boys club what evidence have?
Speaker 8: You seen of That, in fact that John The fact that skol, morrison got awarded it that's. Enough.
Speaker 1: Evidence for me yeah he but he wouldn't be.
Speaker 25: Go looking for, that you.
Speaker 1: Realize that don't you that it's other people that sort of go through, these, things and say look given in This case the former prime minister's body of work as certainly, in and outside politics it is in. Our, view worthwhile acknowledging ah but you look.
Speaker 8: At people, like scientists medical people they, Get, it as well michael just, volunteers at the hospital volunteers op shop like that who deserve.
Speaker 1: It and they do. Get it as well but that doesn't that doesn't prohibit other people that have served in very high. Office also being acknowledged now we're not there, to like that necessarily. BUT they should be i think it's fair to say that regardless, of who you are if somebody, offers you an award because enough people think that you. Deserve to be nominated. That's a, lovely thing.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah you know it means nothing really in this whole scheme, Of.
Speaker 1: Tell you what michael if if anybody, WANTED to nominate me i would be, it will never, happen By the way and i'd expect. It would, ever happen but gee, you'd be, pretty tough wouldn't you with the with the fact that somebody thought sufficiently well of you to nominate you.
Speaker 8: For something like that i'll be embarrassed, to you.
Speaker 1: The tree would you.
Speaker 8: I've done More For paper and, Scott morrison ever has, But talking about cars i'd rather. Nineteen. Ninety nine vs statesman it's painted a, nearly, black metallic blue beautiful all, original other than that.
Speaker 1: How, many caves.
Speaker 8: It's done three hundred and three k's and it still doesn't bur on.
Speaker 1: The oil or anything and hasn't Missed, beat has.
Speaker 8: A misterbate no wow and so something.
Speaker 1: Like that, for a holden statement what what? Year did you say.
Speaker 8: Nineteen nineteen NINE. Is the last? Vs Has come out.
Speaker 1: Beautiful statesman and so a really. Good one of them what do you reckon?
Speaker 25: IT might go for.
Speaker 8: I probably are still HAVE the, ten grand i suppose.
Speaker 1: So somewhere between somewhere between six and ten. Around, that, price point yeah yeah. Well there you go and, they ride. So BEAUTIFULLY don't they.
Speaker 8: OH i love. It i love it i've got, to really, Cheap Off a mate but i've. Had it for years it was just just, goes off the DRAIN.
Speaker 1: You, Know what i mean and doesn't cost a lot, of money to run which g cars can be if you've, if you've got one that can cost you. A lot of money so, your miles in. Front very very good we'll do this. When we come back plenty of. Time for your recalls one double three six'. NINE three frustrator Overnight Morning i mentioned to simon owen's, on this program Earlier tonight given that. McPherson Robertson what a name McPherson, robinson started the own company Began. MANUFACTURING beautiful confectory in fitzroy i think the. Year was eighteen eighty thereabouts let's say it was eighteen eighty and so the brand became known As, mac roberts and mac. Robertson But it was McPherson McPherson, robertson started his own Company, he was mister McPherson robertson But, the brand was mac rob's just affectionately Known and loved, AS macrob SO by extension i Mean i Think HE. Became sir McPherson robinson kbe and, when You Think about it The Society's, Gallery in a beckett. Street, melbourne will now, CLOSE anyway, that's, another story i guess however you talk about, some of those great products wonderful chocolate products that were. Made all those years ago the point of that story is if you could, have one last chocolate bar, one last taste of chocolate what? Would that be for you. And then we'll compare notes so you've got your choice. Of one final chocolate bar. This is almost gallows. Humor one last chocolate bar what? Would? That be for you now some Might Say? It was the fredo frog? Would you go the crunchy would you have, the VERY final cherry right which i think originally. Started as mc robinson's product what? Would it be for you so you've got the choice now of one the GRANDMOTHER used to buy and i can't. Remember from where they came they, came in a big bag beautiful chocolate covered and the seed rings and the, dark chocolate ones just beautiful so they would Be along the. Lines that i'm talking about so, if you could choose one we. Want to take some calls one. Double, three Six'. Nine three Dorian. It's, Tony, Speaking you're In. PERTH hello.
Speaker 49: Hello tony do hello i was just wondering if any if the listeners. Have trouble with, their smoke alarms mine fairly knew And the batteries. Were changed in march by electricians but now one right outside, my bedrive intermittently just starts checking but only. For SAY once and sometimes twice and i, don't Know what the problem is but i'm just wondering if. Anyone, Else, Has the same.
Speaker 1: Problem oh dorian i'll tell. You there's. A couple of things you said the batteries have? Done, what much of this year yes THEY.
Speaker 49: Were replaced by electricians because i didn't. Have, Anyone, else to.
Speaker 1: Do it okay well how? Many do you have at home do you?
Speaker 38: Know?
Speaker 1: How many Of, These alarms oh.
Speaker 49: I've got well i've, got, two one that's my bedroom yes and one outside spared spare bedroom.
Speaker 1: Near the near the kitchen area. Between, the kitchen area and you.
Speaker 39: Well.
Speaker 49: It's Not near the kitchen, area but i've Tried googling, it but, that's mostly. American stuff you know of course and they, say if it's near a bathroom which. Mine, is THAT'S opposite The bar yes but i mean i've never. Had any TROUBLE with it before and sometimes i. Say The humidity from the bathroom but i've. Never had any trouble with it wouldn't?
Speaker 1: Have thought so during is? It is it a little? Unit, is it a private host. Well tell you what we'll do i'll put you back on Hold and get make sure, that jay's got all your information and we'll find out. What would be the best way i'm sure. There'll be great Clubs and organizations, Which part of perth are. You dori in the, northern suburbs in the Northern Suburbs so, you're up Around mount lawley somewhere or Near. Warrick, A bit further, Up karene okay so, what WHAT i'll get the details and i reckon there'd be somebody who's, maybe in rotary around your area somebody who might be, Able TO just with your permission and i reckon somebody. Could come in and fix that inside. About, five and a half minutes? YES would that be.
Speaker 49: Of help i was going to ring The electrician that put the the he just put the.
Speaker 1: The New, battery new batteries.
Speaker 49: In last march.
Speaker 24: And, it costs quite a.
Speaker 1: Bit well it shouldn't cost you, too much to put. Batteries In and that's my point so I'll Put, you back to a jay dorian make, sure we've Got all your details and then I'LL make arrangements and see if i can get on of one, of my dear friends over there and maybe they can contact you if, you're happy for that to happen and we'll see if we can get. That fixed, for, you.
Speaker 49: Pretty quickly well yeah okay then do you think.
Speaker 1: That, MIGHT help a little bit.
Speaker 49: Yes i. Don't, want, my details over there.
Speaker 1: No no we won't do that i'll just publish your phone number and your email address and. Your, BANK accounts if that's, Okay. No i won't, Do. That dora i'm.
Speaker 19: Just.
Speaker 1: Tricking dora i'm just tricking okay don't you worry, Too much about it for. Now, try and get. SOME sleep yeah that's the.
Speaker 49: Trouble i know when. It's going to wake me up went off a COUPLE of times earlier on and i, thought it's, got to be that you know it's just.
Speaker 1: So the alarm doesn't go. Off, it's just a little tick.
Speaker 49: No it chirpss, once or tonight it, was twice, Just AND that's it you know and i thought it's. Got to be one of it i'm pretty sure it's. The one outside my bedroom, Door and you hold the line.
Speaker 1: I'll put you back to jail we'll see if we can get somebody to have a squeeze with that for you. In the next couple of days you look After yourself. And keep, in, touch simon morning.
Speaker 25: Really well.
Speaker 1: YEAH it would be the battery i wouldn't have, thought you'd, need necessarily to get you know a. Fully fledged electrician to, come in somebody would do that hopefully. Inside two and a. Half minutes, it does your. Job and, well we don't know maybe anyway we'll see if we get somebody. To, have a look At It.
Speaker 9: Yeah most just jos so moore she Also Acted In, A Movie. Called, little little easily little.
Speaker 1: Italy yeah she was just so. Gorgeous and remains so very gorgeous i've got lots of. Fantastic Texts coming through about that and i'll see if you can get. To them straight After The News?
Speaker 49: Was she in?
Speaker 1: Paint your, wagon do, you remember oh no she wasn't because lots of people Are Saying That. SHE was in Paint your Wagon.
Speaker 16: I don't Remember Paint.
Speaker 27: You, Wagon That was doris Day Well Doris.
Speaker 8: Day, Was.
Speaker 1: In paint your wagon yep, Jane. Oh that's a Different Movie Calamity. Jane's, different to paint. Your wagon yeah, very different movie yeah all right but keep listening and we'll see, if WE can find out who how i went and where if. You were given one final chocolate but we'll take some more calls. The other side of the news you've got one final. Chocolate, bar to wheat to enjoy now it could. Be a whole block of Cabri. It might be. Something from nesley he could have what about a. Big box of beautiful? Red shulip what would you want. One double three. SIX nine three there's a block a fellow, online Who Writes. If you like has richard burton He's posting today is. Tenth of june nineteen SEVENTY five write a letter to etb that. Can't bring Myself to send it.
Speaker 17: This.
Speaker 5: Is australia overnight with tiny McManus.
Speaker 1: Wherever you are. Right around australia hello TO You It. Might be THE ACE radio network It's, three o W here In, melbourne five double A. In adelaide six br in. Perth nice TO have your company? WHY am i talking like this i have no idea when you ring through first person that You, were the voices that of jay who also celebrated his twenty fifth birthday, just a couple of days ago, and it. Was a major celebration major.
Speaker 25: Celebrations It Stopped, The Little, town of diggers.
Speaker 1: Rest Diggers Rest and so. Everybody from diggers rest gathered around they went to the markets and paid you off in what paid, me off in donuts, and donuts chocolate bars and donuts. But, generally, a, really lovely.
Speaker 46: Celebration nice yeah. Nice nice and quiet. This time so that was okay but he had the. CAKE and had got a, Present i got an? Old, turntable oh did. You yeah vinyls which is.
Speaker 1: Great what when you say? An old one an original one.
Speaker 25: Well it's a.
Speaker 46: New ONE based on the ORIGINALS so i forgure it's like, jb or one of those yeah you know shops and you see them on.
Speaker 1: The, Shelves one of those ones nice and so from where does the sound emanate. A.
Speaker 25: Little speaker in the front yeah.
Speaker 46: It's very mono but it's good but you can, also connect, it to other speakers external speakers.
Speaker 1: So, you don't need an amplifier no would. You like to buy an. Amplifier i've got? One for sale is that rights, it's getting a Bit. Old though But. It's A laxman it's a laxman and, I paid back in the DAY i can tell you because i REMEMBER it was the last money I Had, at the time in hong kong back in those days when do you buy things So Quite affordably in, Places LIKE hong KONG duty free and i think i paid a massive two. Hundred. And fifty dollars for it Wow but the thing about a luxman amplifier was it was almost this very quite. Silky feel of the Volume Control, if You type in luxman.
Speaker 25: Luxman Which i'm, assuming.
Speaker 1: They still make luxman amplifier there it is there and so and so you have the. Lux to see That turntable There it. Was the luxman Amplifier, luxman turntable, and they're all japanese of course but THEY'VE been they went back to i think they started making that sort. Of stuff in nineteen twenty five point of that story is that and then, you would build those modular, systems so you'd, have the turntable then the. Speakers then the amplifier all. Commit so THAT'S the ONE. There see that lv eighty. V that's exactly.
Speaker 25: The one there look at that.
Speaker 1: I'll be buttered on both sides have? They got a price? On that just?
Speaker 25: Out, of interest this. One, HERE yep that's the one yeah i, remember them now back?
Speaker 19: The?
Speaker 25: Memories doesn't it doesn't it build you, would build.
Speaker 1: On, top of it you know yeah and see all the beautiful tims still the timber, across that back of the deck, and you would sit your turntable you sit your you sit, your turntable on top of that or, if you had an. Extra shelf maybe sit that, separately.
Speaker 25: And the old switches.
Speaker 1: That yeah which is just gorgeous, and the touch of that, dial that, volume, dial was. Like you know honey, just beautiful. This is riveting, radio isn't it i'm sorry everyone but, that WAS that WAS the ONE and. I think i think i paid i'm going to say two fifty might have. Been three fifty but it was but then you think, about it all these, years later forty. Plus, years later, still got it yeah oh yeah more than.
Speaker 25: Forty years probably fifty years ago ye still got the crackling sound and.
Speaker 1: That BEAUTIFUL crackling sound on them so i should actually link, it in by given the given got the app, by a turntable, and some speakers. And you know reinvent that. Sound i'm sure it would beautiful.
Speaker 25: And it's also fun bringing, my kids into it as well because they, looked at it?
Speaker 17: And?
Speaker 46: My goodness, what is this yeah oh yeah explain to them this is what we. Used to listen, To music on they.
Speaker 1: Glazed over yeah a. Little bit it was really dad Or you could just get the spotify.
Speaker 8: And that be? A?
Speaker 1: Modern kid?
Speaker 25: Where's your? Phone dad play, MUSIC these days.
Speaker 1: Having said that i happened to find for the girls some many many, years ago when you Bought them you know those little apple what were they call where you put all your file your music in there in an.
Speaker 25: As, it's like a little flat, yes it, was.
Speaker 1: Like the phone the phone except it was. Just for storage of the music Apple pod was an. iPod podpot apple whatever it was maybe IT was an iPod and so i bought one, for THE each of the girls and i think. You could have one thousand songs. Was top OF the wazza uh and now i guess what happened to all those pieces of machinery sitting. In drawers around, around the world you would imagine because. To some degree circles to requirements, Where, do we get up to oh do? You want to do the Chuck because we got end.
Speaker 46: Of brady coming up very Shortly we do have. Ind, of brady his backrum holes yeah, roaming the, planets with. These marathons et cetera et cetera but we'll. Have ended coming up very soon.
Speaker 1: Look at all these. Texte tony back in my day, this is back in my day when a semi trailer went past in a flash of headlights to let him know it was okay. To come back into the? Lane do they do that. Now it's a very good point semi trailer went past headlights to let them know okay. To come back into your? LANE do they do. That now i have no. Idea it's a very good question what is the culture of trucking? When you're over taking these days and even sometimes a truck would sort of say they'd flick to let you know that you could come past them so you could. Move ahead. Pretty, quickly and safely that's.
Speaker 46: True yeah when we were on, HOLIDAYS a couple of months, ago i did the same thing and, my wife just rolled her eyes. Because she, can drive a truck. SHE said what Are you, doing i say what i'm saying thank you for not trying to hold. ME up or even PUSH forward i turned over and i think it's one on the left, and then two on the right or, you just.
Speaker 1: Go, left and right that's right yeah just, to just to sort of.
Speaker 25: It to acknowledge and the flash their. Lights and thank you as much and.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that the. Eyes were back into the, head it's such a lovely gesture isn't iting gesture when the eyes get rolled back as far back. As the head as thank you that's just for tandy or the other, thing THAT we used to do and i still do it from, time to time in an emergency if there's buses and, Police car fire is coming past i'll hit the flash light to flash the lights back in front, In, the car emergency emergency.
Speaker 25: Lights yeah, to, tell the ones in front well.
Speaker 1: Just, to generally say that, you know you're flashing your lights, you flesh whatever they. Call them. Emergency lightsgency hazard lights thank. You that's what the expression is will. Triangle in the middle of it that's the one which you've. Obviously never used By the sound so and. So i've got the same reaction oh they turned that on and the eyes went. To, the, back of the head okay well it's just to make sure that, everybody knows that to slow down, that, there's police. And oh yeah great? No worries what do you care what one double three six? Nine three is the telephone number zero four double. Seven six nine three Six, nine we had premature and brady, we thought we might get him and there is nothing worse than When you have premature and to brady seem he's still on the aeroplane. And, wheels not down as yet.
Speaker 46: No he's still got, his wings up at the moments Flying, like the Like, the chicken Man. Back from peru back from peru because.
Speaker 1: It's just about days. And days. And, days of running it's. Incredible anyway we'll talk about it, if we don't get him Today. We'll talk TO him on thursday, no doubt, i would have thought all right we will do this when we come back out plenty of which you leave plenty Of TIME For are your Calls Luxman cd player's. Top notch tony mac top Gear luxman got a, pair of. Mission seven seventy speakers brilliant sound that might be a project over the coming months, to actually put that back together just see. If it still does the, job i'm sure it probably would just hasn't. Been used FOR several several years, probably when i say, several years might be. Twenty, years since it's been years anyway we'll. Do this when we come back your, calls plenty room on the. Board you'll get through.
Speaker 25: Straight.
Speaker 1: Away come and join me e don't think you. Want to raise on the program, we're just talking About those chocolates Given that McPherson robinson or, mack robinson was launched eighteen eighty which is staggering itself just Around the corner here in. Fitz roy all those years ago so if you could, have just one final? Chocolate Bar What would that be share share lgo bear, one double three six nine three bum bun um bum bu if you would like to be part of one double three six nine three is the telephone number we're going to play a Track very. SHORTLY featuring, the wonderful scenade O'Connor i mean just credible artist for no particular reason. Except that it occurred to us how many? Hours and days? Had it been is the question how, Many this is for shnade O'Connor how many hours and days had, it been a little trivia question so a a trivia night Question comes. Up in reference? To, sannad O'Connor how many days sorry how many hours.
Speaker 19: And?
Speaker 1: How many days has it, Been, Wonderuble three, Six nine Three, anie.
Speaker 41: Good MORNING tony and jake they.
Speaker 22: Can?
Speaker 14: I put?
Speaker 41: Nothing compares to you no better not?
Speaker 42: The ANSWER a, question FOR me but i forgot but.
Speaker 14: I know?
Speaker 41: It's in that song your answer.
Speaker 38: Is?
Speaker 24: That?
Speaker 1: GOING to be your answer well i could put it on and. Well. We can all do that?
Speaker 41: Addie that's no, FUNN isn't anyway with the. Chocolates i DON'T really eat them but if i, had the final as the partner it, would be it Was a final would be the KitKat picnic and, the Cherry?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 1: Like you said Yeah KitKat yeah what About, the fredo the, humble freddo.
Speaker 41: Oh it's all right. But IT'S not my couple Too.
Speaker 18: You, i still prefer the KitKat.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's a Bit of hard, yeah the kit Cats so great and particularly because i'm falling level over again with dark Chocolate and they are a kit cat doing that beautiful. Dark, CHOCOLATE version now too. Beautiful, yeah i.
Speaker 41: Was just curious also how long did you do the trip to the of our half Or girlfriend From we say? Sandra, am To. Footscray near us.
Speaker 1: Yes from sandringham the drive from sandriam was a, long beach road in those days and so a long way around to get through this? Any and all the way out what? Was the, Road that ran down in fact i'm, doing it later on. This morning but it's all changed see that Road Was almost an extension of spencer street and would become what road As if you were heading To. Ballarat to, get round to ballarat.
Speaker 41: OH jeeves you got me, there I can't pay anningful while BUT i know Be throwed because i go to chelsea all the times the other but The One? Year, did you say spencer Street.
Speaker 1: Yeah so the extension of spencer street became what and that was the road that would take you all around towards us If you were heading back Towards. Ballarat, and you Go Through Footscray.
Speaker 41: Sure well that's Foot's Gray, road, and you've got dining road.
Speaker 1: Well, dining that's. The One Dining road thank you so dining road is no longer the, dining road. That it once was is it.
Speaker 41: They're doing all Sorts of work, around these. That's i'm Still Done Thank you you know foot's gray road because they're doing all these projects and the bridges over they used to be eighty ks. There and that's now forty, k's see.
Speaker 1: That drives, IN nuts doesn't it.
Speaker 41: Trust.
Speaker 19: Me i?
Speaker 15: Know it's STILL? Completed?
Speaker 1: All right who AM? I? Who's or who am i for you are the because you're the only person, we GOT there at the moment so i can. Play this little? GAME with you are you ready i was published for the, first Time in nineteen thirty three so. I'm published in nineteen thirty three then in nineteen EIGHTY two it was announced that i would change to a monthly publication. As opposed to a weekly publication.
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 1: Is, the name, OF that publication.
Speaker 9: Oh let jeez i wouldn't have got.
Speaker 42: Lost and tell you the.
Speaker 1: TRUTH i'll ask the question again a publication published for the, first time in nineteen thirty three and then in nineteen EIGHTY two it was announced that i would become changed away, from a monthly publication to sorry to a. MONTHLY publication from a. WEEKLY publication i still.
Speaker 41: Don't know i, WASN'T around in ninety two three.
Speaker 18: I was in nineteen, eighty, Two i can't.
Speaker 41: ANSWER it suffery.
Speaker 1: I'd go okay i Was Founded On. This day by dr robert smith the Year Was, nineteen thirty five. And bill wilson both of us he enjoyed. A beverage more than? Just enjoyment what did we go.
Speaker 15: I'm not pretty good on these?
Speaker 1: Great one more time for you so. HERE'S the final one for you i was Painted it On This day By. Laslow and GEORGE? Biro?
Speaker 24: In?
Speaker 1: HUNGARY?
Speaker 25: What am, I.
Speaker 41: Sy loss ok.
Speaker 25: We sorry we'll go back and we'll.
Speaker 1: Throw it over to. The audience so there? You go three out of three?
Speaker 38: What?
Speaker 1: Do you got FOR us so. FIRST one is i am published i was published for the. First time in nineteen, thirty three in nineteen EIGHTY two it was announced that i, would change to a monthly publication but, the name would remain the same and that Might be the take to it bruno correct. Text, ending in seven five Zero no. It WAS not the playboy, Magazine, But i, love your work claire. Claire says, And, you Are correct Well done claire rob din, and rhoade, didn't ask that question but. Yes you're absolutely right ABOUT that the other Question is I Was founded In Hi By. Bill wilson and dr robert smith, the year was. Nineteen thirty five nineteen thirty five we both enjoyed a little, bit too much Of the, beverage you know what i'm saying. And we founded this great ORGANIZATION and the other One is I Was. Patented by Laslow And george Biro laslow and george biro. In hungary on nineteen forty three what?
Speaker 38: Is it.
Speaker 1: That we patent it one double three six? Nine three Might be The Name. It was lazlow and george biro what? Is it that they painted it. One double three six nine three, we could.
Speaker 25: Do This All.
Speaker 1: Morning we. Might It's australier Evernight, Very, cool jay, Well in mudonga? Hello are well Thank you.
Speaker 21: All just, a, QUIZ so.
Speaker 1: The, Question First oh i Should Say gabe hodgson's from our australia overnight newsroom has stepped into. The Studio, With us as Well. Bert, Gabe, Gabe sailor to bert hello bert so question number one for You. AND you can jump into gabe i was published for. The first time nineteen thirty three at nineteen EIGHTY two was then announced that i, would change to a monthly publication but. The, name would remain the same Bert Your. ANSWER would be.
Speaker 45: The.
Speaker 21: Wasp, GABE i.
Speaker 50: Think you're correct. Yeah i do Remember That Change.
Speaker 22: It is the.
Speaker 1: Australian women's weekly? Well done you question number two do you want to keep playing or do?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: WANT to take the. Money bert, i love the nextcellente next question. That's good because. There's no, money so the alcoholics oh no. One NEARLY said it the answer So i Was Founded founded in Ohio By. Bill wilson and doctor robert smith. The, year was nineteen thirty five, now between the two of us, we used to enjoy, a beverage we used to imbibe. And then we founded this organization.
Speaker 8: What was the what?
Speaker 1: Was the name of. The, organization it's prolific? Globally today.
Speaker 31: Yeah recross or oh is?
Speaker 1: That going to be your. Answer i'm thinking the other.
Speaker 50: One i'm SORRY say the answer just before i said.
Speaker 1: The, words make, About, a minute, no thank you bert well done you've got one out of the you've. Got one out of the three did you want to do you want to have a crack of? The? The, third, AND final ONE oh yeah no. I think i Know that One So Patment By laslow and george biro. IAN hungary in nineteen forty. Three, i was the ballpoint pan yes well done you so you've. Got the two out, of three you were well done birth Thank. You For, Playing, Along, In, Adelaide, hello michael yes michael?
Speaker 10: TONY tony how you going here i.
Speaker 14: Thought, it might have Been Read.
Speaker 25: No, it wasn't the.
Speaker 1: Reader's digest, Michael, but well done no. Monthly yeah so that Was Year So it was the australian women's weekly that became was published for the first time in thirty three on this day and then became changed. INTO a monthly magazine After That.
Speaker 22: I.
Speaker 21: Might, know the samara connor one.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 38: Do you?
Speaker 8: Think it?
Speaker 24: Is?
Speaker 28: Now fifteen days is it oh is?
Speaker 1: That, Going to be your answer uh i'm not going. To give it's, more than that it's, actually well It's it's you're, close you're very you're not, wrong but it's. Not completely correct so keep LISTENING we'll do that Hopefully Surely A game. From, our australia. Every night newsroom morning good morning you're looking fantastic and you're feeling good and.
Speaker 25: THE news is.
Speaker 1: Sounding even better i love, it there's not.
Speaker 50: Too, much really not at all now one of those questions.
Speaker 1: We should we, should just point going the question the one that.
Speaker 50: You gave the. Answer to.
Speaker 31: What you're listening closely it was, a movie. MADE about those founders was there i can't, think of the name of. It but it's a gorgeous movie do. Watch it if If You.
Speaker 1: Can and It Involves. Bill, WILSON and doctor robert smith.
Speaker 31: Yes I Should give the answer it's bill, wilson's don't quote me on that but it looks at one of the founders and his journey.
Speaker 1: From alcoholism a.
Speaker 50: Dark. Place to a good place yeah and so the.
Speaker 1: Answer to the question is THAT they founded WHAT you and i know. As, aa alcoholics are not, right yeah which. Is, wonderful story a good, story now speaking of wonderful stories this we should. Point out this is adults radio and if in the thing of a curious nature, you might find offensive or distasteful or you, Might like to turn off now, okay for the rest of us this is a story coming up in, ballaratte, if, Your, pardon The.
Speaker 31: Part well yes ballarat now tony. It is terrible, when people, steal.
Speaker 50: It's dreadful toys.
Speaker 1: Any toys any form of toys how?
Speaker 50: Would you rob a toy shop.
Speaker 1: You would not. Want to rob. A toy stop that, is awful that is.
Speaker 50: A dreadful Dreadful? Thing to Do? What would santa? Wouldn't visit santa wouldn't. You know you, just don't, do those poor. Kiddies.
Speaker 31: Those poor poor young People okay a toy shop, in, ballarat has.
Speaker 50: Has been robbed burgled stolen.
Speaker 1: From and the name Of This Toy Shop, Is called.
Speaker 50: Twisted tour twisted toys twisted toys that.
Speaker 1: Might, Be, SOME sort of indicator there jay i Would Have. Thought a shop called twisted toys what jumps to, Mine, For you anytime you're ready jay.
Speaker 25: I'm just thinking of twisted.
Speaker 1: Toys, i'm not thinking, of it okay? You'd be Wrong Going.
Speaker 50: All right story By adam spencer and the ball career.
Speaker 48: Is.
Speaker 50: A good made of mine.
Speaker 31: Okay significant weekend theft unknown offenders They Went to twisted toys on Armstrong. Street about seven o'clock on sunday stole approximately eighteen hundred. Dollar eight hundred dollars, in items not. A major, thief but it's enough. You know, you, can't steal toys Come on.
Speaker 1: So no one Was, sunday morning it Was.
Speaker 50: A sunday late on a sunday why would a Toy? Shop be open later, on sunday.
Speaker 31: Now the career, understands and un quoting verbatim here the career understands. The stock included personal pleasure devices, Oh?
Speaker 22: Are?
Speaker 1: You, With us now jay.
Speaker 25: Certainly. Yeah i'm starting to pick. Up this is a real story i'm starting? To pick. Up what's going on so innocent, i've never seen anything else.
Speaker 50: Anyway how much in total.
Speaker 31: They took about eight eight hundred dollars, worth of eight hundred dollars anyway, if you know, anything about, it crime, stops one. Eight hundred, triple three triple ZERO, but look you. Wouldn't want cctvo.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't pictures so That's Front. Page, story of the Ballerate Courier.
Speaker 50: WELL it's in the ballote career, i DON'T know it's page one but.
Speaker 31: I think the thieves should come forward and bring these personal pleasure devices back before.
Speaker 25: They end up.
Speaker 50: With, Their PICTURES yes they should.
Speaker 1: COURIER did i tell you that i spent a Bit Of. Time working, For the ballerate courier? No way what did you do it was To Work for the, promotions and manager media manager department and so back in the days when they had pretty comprehensive budgets to, do all that sort of stuff my role would, be to blow, up the balloons, as it were, blow up, balloons blow up balloons you know for. Events AND that sort, of stuff dare i.
Speaker 50: Say it you're full of body.
Speaker 1: Well they, recognized that to be the case and so my job was to work In The. Promotions department of the ballerote courier, so that's not. THAT long ago nineteen eighty eight, i just finish AT six pm no, at three ba, after eight years and they said would you like To come And? Work at the battery career gabe thank you the much, love cereal is on the way and then more of your calls coming Up At, the next hour. For australia overnight good morning coffee how? Much do you expect to pay how much would, you, expect to pay for coffee. Well coffee may need to reach, this is in the paper today twelve dollars a cap to compete with other countries. For the so called sacred Beans twelve dollars a cap out benchmark Prices. Hit all time, High in april inside of say chinese demand for Beans. Is squeezing prices here in australia chinese are very, much converted From Tea. To, coffee according to todd hitchcock anyway we'll talk. More about that coming Up Next it's all. Part, of australia Overnight This Morning now This is.
Speaker 5: Australia ober night with tony mcmannus.
Speaker 26: Your.
Speaker 1: World is as cool as?
Speaker 30: Ice your world is so nice? Did you know lost me around your world is a barren place and not?
Speaker 2: On YOUR dace Since You walround? Am I dragging new.
Speaker 26: York dag.
Speaker 1: And i think WE can agree that the world tv, is changing a year, It again he continues to change he continues to evolve one way or the. Other when you think about, it but the year papers today Including Lots. Of stories in the, herald sun as you can imagine almost sixteen years the, acts has well and truly fallen which we talked about on this, very program nearly a week ago sixteen Years the Acts Has. Fallen on network. Ten's the project, you can imagine staff at ten their live news current affairs nightly Show called an urgent meeting. The melbourne headquarters yesterday yesterday morning this followed pretty much weeks of speculation the. Program was on The chopping block network ten president, beverly McGarvey delivered the final blow revealing the last broadcast would. Be in round about three weeks it's a, fair bit of a news really on The Basis, that even the great steve, PRICE who was a regularly contribute i think he'd been there for, something like fifteen or sixteen years just sitting there, at the end of the panel and when called, UPON to say a few Words i should point out that steve was the. Person who gave me this start Here at a. Back spoke to, steve ABOUT this he. Doesn't remember but i certainly do it would have been round, about ninety two or ninety three and he would have me call in look after the program on the weekends occasionally half a dozen times A Year when McGowan and or Alan pearson would be away And i'd sit and Do the saturday morning and The. Sunday morning drive down from ballarato, those days we had the motel do the overnight program and then go back and. Work in and run the motel was a pretty busy time. And, THE kids. Were Really little however i digressed steve price in the paper today talks about people Dancing On the grave of ten's the project ENDING. A sixteen year run. Primetime tv he says they're ignorant, ignorant means VIRTUALLY all live, television bar some afl panel shows some comedy Programs and of course six O'clock. News now run. Out, of sydney very good point melbourne the big loser today will never. Get back what it Had Ever. This is according To steve price sydney based Network Ten is said to replace the project with A loosely described show hosted by exchannal seven staff with a Word investigative In the title good luck with them sounds like an extension of The hour long existing news and steve. Goes on and, makes the point during twenty ten the show was extended to are now starting At Six. Point thirty And renamed the project melbourne and australia lost SOMETHING unique this, week, of live tv show passion Courage humor and. A heart and, steve signs. Off it is very very sad, it is WHEN, we lose shows particularly live tv and we, have less and less.
Speaker 25: And less.
Speaker 1: And it is sad and a lot of. People lose jobs because, of that not so, much necessarily certainly the front people but a lot, of that production expertise also disappears and lovelihoods fall to some degree one way.
Speaker 25: Or the other by the.
Speaker 1: Wayside It's Never. A. Great look markey stall morning marca always always thought you'd be. A. Good, Panelist on the project.
Speaker 10: Yeah watch. I'd, have to think five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah they'd have. TO put.
Speaker 10: You in delay exactly i say it's All fun And. Games over and bowlder?
Speaker 14: And waday what's happened over.
Speaker 1: THERE bring me up to date.
Speaker 10: A twenty five year old woman stole a triple right road train chip. A comeback and police got her they dragged her out of the truck and all the, comments were give her a. Job she could, drive a, MANUAL.
Speaker 1: There you, go excellent. Work a little harsh little uncart now? Was that in the city area was that on one of?
Speaker 21: The, sites, in the city really, YEH.
Speaker 10: Yeah it was Just yeah i, was on the boulder Police page.
Speaker 8: On.
Speaker 1: The, in The boulder police page.
Speaker 10: Yeah well i've got police Page And. Yeah it came up boulder police the interesting never dull moment oven.
Speaker 1: W a Never Do. Moment in anywhere around western australia well you could argue whether or not just how dull.
Speaker 19: That is.
Speaker 10: Unbelievable and foggy foggy.
Speaker 1: Up, Here, this morning, and foggy outside, yeah.
Speaker 10: Really foggy no no rain no rain to speak.
Speaker 1: Or all the ships have been grounded.
Speaker 19: And?
Speaker 1: All, the, ships, have been? Grounded yeah yeah yeah what's that that's? A great lyric from? A song ain't it foggy outside? All THE ships. Have been grounded that i understand i've been running from the man who Goes by The name of the. Oh neverm.
Speaker 10: They made it, good they. Made a good panel they?
Speaker 24: Did?
Speaker 1: Did you EVER have one? No what? If i?
Speaker 30: Do this.
Speaker 1: Who's it if, this if this truck is rocking don't bother? KNOCKING the? Back, of the sandman, i know yeah?
Speaker 10: There's NOTHING else nothing else today, well i think.
Speaker 1: There, was anything to Be honest mark nothing else was there was? Nothing there in the first place was, going, on over in w right. Well and thank god you did.
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: Everything else okay in your? World more?
Speaker 10: Importantly there character fine, by character.
Speaker 1: Well you usually do.
Speaker 10: Uh yeah but it's politics, MAIN so BORED at the moment i think i.
Speaker 1: Think you might have lost. A bit of your killer instinct. I'm a bit? Concerned about that what's going on do you Want to come? Over on the tony mac couch what's? Really going? On in? Your life.
Speaker 10: Not much not much just going. To get, the, mortgage sworded out it's all?
Speaker 1: Well, do you need some help.
Speaker 10: Ah, YOU got sixty four thousand dollars. I, can pay the, house off yeah.
Speaker 38: Go, for that going TO.
Speaker 41: Mortgage yeah and what do? I?
Speaker 1: Get out of the deal.
Speaker 10: Oh you can come up least a long weekend and news of the front room and go into the central? Park and what's the foot rights.
Speaker 25: You make it.
Speaker 1: So EXCITING and so wonderfully inviting so, i fork out sixty, five grand pay OUT your mortgage and the best i get is occasionally a room.
Speaker 8: At.
Speaker 1: The front of the house yeah does that? Include any heightened level of hospitality.
Speaker 41: Might even Shot Your?
Speaker 21: Bowl of wine from Best.
Speaker 1: Linery all nothing wrong with best they've been. Doing some great wine, for years oh tell me that.
Speaker 10: Tell me that Telling me that it was even now you're actually making.
Speaker 1: That sound quite an attractive? Deal how? Much do? YOU need sixty five sixty.
Speaker 10: Four i THINK it might be. Worse NOW i might be Fifty so i don't know if i'm to go and see.
Speaker 1: THE bank and what. Terms, would i get for that.
Speaker 25: Well you're.
Speaker 1: TRYING to work out a. Deal i mean here to help.
Speaker 10: I'm, Just, gonna work it Out right.
Speaker 1: Well tell you what i'll do. I've got to do for you i'll do it somewhere between five. And, a, half, and six, percent?
Speaker 10: Yeah whatever OKAY all right cop you.
Speaker 1: HAVEN'T i found here this morning. I think we've done a, Deal, did you get the sense joe that?
Speaker 25: WE'VE done a deal or not i. THINK it deals on the cards, i think.
Speaker 1: It deals a possibility and we get the front room once a year With. The occasional bottle of best.
Speaker 25: One, looking at the why screen window.
Speaker 1: It's a really good. Deal for mark bits and pieces as, we go through the. Morning together keep those, texts coming we will. Read some we will. Ignore some it's what we do if you're sending, emails THAT you can do that and i do try to reply to those. The next, day or later today FOR example it's overnights at three ow dot com dot au overnights at. Three Aw, Dot, com dot, Au, in armadale. Julian good morning.
Speaker 14: Goo good morning so being, an next your last sale boy you might remember there was a very very popular cafe Restaurant Up the top End of high Street. The pre road called the greenman do You? Have memories of the green Man my.
Speaker 1: Memory of the green man Is and you tell me, if i've got this completely wrong is where the. Seekers had their very humble beginnings Do?
Speaker 14: They really at The green Man.
Speaker 1: That's my memory the green man, little little. Little, coffee shop essentially.
Speaker 14: WASN'T it NO it was big i think i think it was all lived in green that's been gone. For years and years and Years On The other side was grant east market and there was also, a lovely beating a shitsaw Restaurant and the owner was an Austrian Man Who, had one in boo wood road had One in and one in. Box sill and, THAT'S.
Speaker 1: All gone, that was well i do vaguely but my memory is the particular one to which you REFER in that space.
Speaker 19: Was.
Speaker 1: Where I have To double check but i'm sure i'm right about that is where the seekers really sort of got got, their, Act together very early sixties.
Speaker 14: Right i'll find. Out about that that's most interesting. That was a very popular restaurant when We were Disappointed for my old summer Of, Gardener, went past there on. FRIDAY jude, that's really had it i mean that. Was a lovely little shopping Strip All that's left of the old Gardener Seems To be THAT wonderful sir andrew's church where i. Was, christened in nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 1: See, Those. LOVELY places are so important julian I reckon those what You, and i Love right around melbourne, right around australia for that matter. Those, LOVELY precincts of strip. Shopping oh i.
Speaker 14: Really had it there was a, big milk bar on the corner which became later. A leathered long late night, kennist there WAS a super margin the character i Think it Was a wasn't a morane. AND cato were something permew ones i. Think there was a state bank, there was a wonderful toy Shop.
Speaker 42: One Of The.
Speaker 14: Best in melbourne called gardener toys. And there was also a garage. Do you remember the old gardener.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to place it so? Gardener shop and Gardener Came down was that near burke road?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 14: The, LINE.
Speaker 1: Of a ROAD right yes i do. Now I know where you are and i was just, thinking about that shopping center too as you came down the number six, train where the terminals there ended and then you would get off that train and walk down through those very shopping Centers if you're. GOING to the glenars railway station.
Speaker 14: I could never understand why. That tram line didn't go through should should understand? That there was a? Region theater which.
Speaker 1: Where was that.
Speaker 25: We've just.
Speaker 1: Lost that line by the looks i'm Sorry we've lost that. Line from julian just to right he was just touching. On that idea Of? HOUTS theater Was that in ashburton. I remember mum talking about That was there a theater that we're going to try. And, Get him back, on again jay for some, Reason we that, Line, dropped out so forgive us julian we'll see if can get. You back in just a moment one double three six nine three. Is the telephone number? That hoints was there? A hoits was there a cinema i don't think it was even called. A cinema back in those days was it was There? A movie theater in ash burton somebody will let us know. ONE double three six nine three i think we can't. Get him, back at the. Moment all right we'll do this can we play that little piece of music?
Speaker 25: That we're going to do?
Speaker 1: Earlier have you? Got that one that's the?
Speaker 25: One HAVE you got that.
Speaker 1: Handy so i asked the question the how? Many days and? How many hours, was the question? How many days how many hours have? Listened to this from a? Sheenade oh kind?
Speaker 25: Of water song?
Speaker 19: This is.
Speaker 2: It spill seven dace since SHE took your.
Speaker 4: Love a way.
Speaker 2: I got, every night and see the, day since she took, YOUR love since you've.
Speaker 24: BEEN gone i can.
Speaker 35: Do it.
Speaker 24: I.
Speaker 2: COULD see.
Speaker 25: WHO you made her i choose i can eat.
Speaker 2: My dinner, IN a, fancy sir but nothing i said, nothing can take the waves loose.
Speaker 51: Because no bank compass that day compass stood so lovely when You don't.
Speaker 1: You like a good so.
Speaker 2: Now the.
Speaker 51: Case stop these lowlyes f folling.
Speaker 2: Tell the baby? WE are, what about baby boy i say.
Speaker 9: The many.
Speaker 2: Way to the.
Speaker 51: Don't thing gavest me told me, he guessed and told me said don't a?
Speaker 2: Man to try to have.
Speaker 51: One no man what they don't but he's, A fool because not he compass.
Speaker 2: No they compassed.
Speaker 1: Just A utible Piece of that Long john, beautiful shenade O'Connor the irish singer just wonderful who's had a, troubles Of course in The past, but shinead O'Connor the irish singer which was a beautiful piece Of music that was Written By prince who wrote that julian. And hopefully we've got you back i'm not too sure you got some problems with, the phone that you're in ourn but. It's nice to have you back. You just you just asked that you said the theater which, was the, Name Of the theater.
Speaker 14: The region theatre hoyt. Thea the region opposite the church it then became a petrol station and there was a big chemist that used To Go. To late night called leonard long there used, to be a fuel but chain very very big milk bah now our?
Speaker 1: Neighbors and where Was that then. Back in the gardener shopping.
Speaker 14: Center its around the corner where just. Before the tram around the corner there used to also be a house there where. The station master used to stay In The, old days of the victorian railways they used to supply a house for. A station master and his family.
Speaker 1: They did Often They did.
Speaker 14: Now above the Armadale Bank that What was the commonwealth bank in. Armadale which is now a restaurant they used to provide a residence for the bank. Manager to live above the bank the actual building is Still there On The, Corner.
Speaker 19: Of.
Speaker 14: Couyong, and high street armadale.
Speaker 1: Yeah gee those buildings would. Be worth a pretty little.
Speaker 14: Sum now you are aware of the Coming Sale, of number sixty five Kuyong Road, Sixty, two sixty three Kuon, road armada the home Of moran The man who founded moran and CATO supermarket.
Speaker 1: Is did you and i? TALK about that briefly last Week i Think we're talking about. Moria and, cato, hasn't been sold ah right Okay Doing.
Speaker 14: On the corner in verness avenue now We. Looked in the history of Melbourne did you Know That alas frankston some of asplan dale that there was a. Racetrack, in nineteen hundred and?
Speaker 1: Five, NO was there really Racetracks Well i know were certainly ross STEVENSON, from our from OUR. FIVE. A from, our three a w brickey program who would have greater History. Of those racetracks all around victoria.
Speaker 14: Now that train line Used To, go right? Through to red hill did it And it would come out Of frankston and go out to Bidden And then Turned Into. The red hill and bell narrying wouldn't that be a value?
Speaker 1: Of a Line my word gorgeous and the mornington line they should Never have closed.
Speaker 14: The mornings into? Frankston train LINE.
Speaker 1: Why did they and when.
Speaker 14: I Don't know which it was the kenneth Government that. Got, rid of the mornington train.
Speaker 1: Well my memory is if we Were heading down to places Like dremana in the day or Sorrento, and then occasionally down to portsy We would get the Train to frankston and, then Get i'm thinking a. Bus but i'm the rail motor Maybe That.
Speaker 14: Goes rights, Through to Stony point right now i'm picture i've Got here in My book The. History Of The city of paran has prince. Philip dressed in the military uniform i'm about to board next, to the station master with him and he boarded the Train. That went Down to the surprus. That's the navy base down there, there.
Speaker 1: You go some, Wonderful. History all part of that julian it's always a pleasure, you keep us, up to date which we love. And we'll come to you next you. Can jump on board as well One double. Three six' nine three. Tony McManus it is a straighter, Evernight, according to a Couple, of People. Julian The racecourse Was. MORTIELLIKA not aspendale mortiellick racecourse not aspendale i was so disappointed today went to. The, MOVIES to see the, next blockbuster no, i CAN'T read that but. It's funny but I Can't, Read It. Old Theaters In union road surrey hills remember squashways armadale. May have been previously been a theater did not know that squash? Raise rings bell that was a brand was that a. Brand of squash, courts around the place another person says sixty five Thousand dollars to do, A deal. With markie install loose change tony MCKA. Given that you. Drive around electric bmw, but not true but thank you. Anyway thank you for, thinking so highly later on any Program, looking forward to catching up with simon who is the author of A really Interesting yarn called How. To survive the next one hundred years. Now think about that for a moment how? To survive the next one hundred years what. Would you imagine in your Wildest dreams our special guests will be simon. Coming up in the next half hour what would you imagine would be the top three things that you would need? To survive the next one hundred years like, to, put, the list definitive. List one double three six nine three we'll get some phone calls around. That put together that list to, survive when you say it, out loud. It sounds a bit weird didn't it what do you need? TO survive the next, one hundred years i. Would think humor great sense of. Humor He's, going to be a prerequisite. You hello and.
Speaker 25: Thank you.
Speaker 1: For waiting hello, TO you that's.
Speaker 29: All, that's all right i.
Speaker 18: Don't.
Speaker 1: Wait well. That's, a very.
Speaker 10: Good point Thank You yeah.
Speaker 29: It's fine It's? Not it's jay tonight isn't it.
Speaker 1: Jay The other side of The glass and.
Speaker 29: I'm ringing up, because julian always Reminds Me Of things and and the glen ferry ROAD is one Of my runs Because i GOT to Elston with every thursday and i and i'm Sort Of.
Speaker 28: The OTHER side of, GLEN ferry road if.
Speaker 29: I choose to i can turn right from the Road And then THEN go. Into, glen ferry road if I Wish now the top of glen. Ferry road used to Have The hoists, it was at the hoyts cinema there but now this. Huge apartment blocks there on the corner And Which Part.
Speaker 1: Of which part of glenn ferry road this is right.
Speaker 29: At the, Top, almost too dandinong road ah right.
Speaker 1: Okay, THERE had To be.
Speaker 29: Cumber there however i think i'm going to have to. GO trawling into into my dating life I do remember going to the. Green man and. Listening To folk music it was focus, green man. Was one of MY boyfriends, It was and that's.
Speaker 1: Why i said i'm pretty sure that that's Where the very early incarnation of the seekers sort of really were formed in that place or around that time or at. The Same TIME that were coming together. Judith, DURHAM i, THINK was singing.
Speaker 18: There look.
Speaker 29: I don't i DON'T know IT'S interesting it's interesting if i if i THINK about, SOME of the papers that i Mean I remember. SEEING behind at the trap university.
Speaker 24: Two i mean in the EARLY seventies so.
Speaker 29: There Were something that i DID experience but i'll, tell you what, I, EVEN you KNOW what's so scary TONY i think i even remember Who, i went, OUT with, the green man, YOU know, i mean FOR? Goodness SAKE i.
Speaker 1: Mean, why would i but i do well that makes A lot of, Sense, to me because i think too, annie as we, get a little older not often, wiser but we get a little older and you, sort of moments almost like a, flashback, COME back to AND you go oh i remember that i. Hadn't thought about that for fifty years sometimes, and.
Speaker 29: It's, interesting the other day? Too what's Coming what's come and gone is that facebook has actually come in to BE part. Of, reminding me of what i, DID yeah a small study On well i interviewed five conscripts from, vietnam in the, EIGHTY six eighty. Six in the eighties i did it and so what happened Was the son of one of those Vietnam, veterans has contacted my, daughter via facebook one of my daughters and shown proof that it was me because it was my letter with my handwriting that he took. A photo and sent as an attachment And it turns out that the other VIETNAM that's, two of those, five that i interviewed are now deceased and, he's friendly with the other man's sons and. They want Me to digitize the interview so now i'm GOING to have to take, cassettes Because i did it on cassette And i'm going to go locally And i'm going to digitize it when. I've, got the cash to do.
Speaker 1: It yeah it, shouldn't. Be very dear to do that, though, sure It's.
Speaker 29: About three hundred. Dollars tony because i've got four cassettes it's going to. Be About three hundred dollars all up BUT.
Speaker 22: I'm going, to shoot.
Speaker 29: On, the us but yeah. That's me, NO it's, three hundred dollars. Like, man i mean he's pretty good remember they are, valuable memories and not just for me especially for. The For the sons of these. People so i'm going to do it so. It's Going to be about three hundred. SO i'm, going To cash myself up i wait so i've Got a bit of cash and then i'm going to. Put, it aside and pay for it.
Speaker 1: Oh ANY good luck with that project if i, can do anything, to help and support, let me know thank you for that the idea, OF preserving, A lot of that. STUFF i. Reckon he's just so important i remember there's A. Great broadcast much loved, here in victoria when he was Young and Then for Many many years LIONEL york And in perth RADIO six PM in Perth and six p six ix in perth and much loved and for many many years worked as a. Marriage celebrant up until, HIS recent. Retirement essentially his recent retirement i digress, he had lots of tapes OF interviews much of which he and i spent many many days at nights. Putting it all into a, computer system, and then someone no names no pactoral at some? Point what the? ENTIRE lot completely gone. Do you reckon I was not furious There was meetings cole's in ormant morning cole?
Speaker 10: Good to how are you.
Speaker 1: Really well the voice after five and a half Hours is, Starting to wander for. A tuesday Morning but we'll keep.
Speaker 42: Going ring bed Aspen dark looks interesting There was rice ta race tracks, at mortial, was originally.
Speaker 28: A golf.
Speaker 42: Race horse Racing.
Speaker 1: And, then motor racing it Was aspendale yeah, ONLY because when when, julian said that i didn't dismiss it, but, had a couple of. People saying no It. Was an espend it was definitely mortielic.
Speaker 19: Well it was.
Speaker 42: One of mortilic as well race training but it's now the golf course which is subject of, some like. Called the bay around housing et cetera so as it was motor Racing.
Speaker 36: Was built by the.
Speaker 42: Horse racing island it was signed Aspen, after a race horse hint espen dale and, the frostyle golf course there as, well which was the original horse racing, motor racing and. Then a golf course.
Speaker 1: Very very good so there would have. Been it would never have been anywhere, So? What years are you talking then cole.
Speaker 14: Early?
Speaker 42: Nineteen HUNDREDS are going that far.
Speaker 1: Back because i was going to say, well it would have, Been, that populated clearly wouldn't.
Speaker 42: Have Been no not at all all so massanna lives actually in the street that runs down to the rostyle golf course and, they want to develop it the housing but the. Locals, ARE certainly very, Much. Against it.
Speaker 1: Yeah i can imagine cole great call thank you for. Bringing me up to date on that. Just by way of an, interesting thing had somebody said to me you've got to Go And Have. A look at, the southland shopping center now you're THINKING and this is last week when, i was not, feeling, one hundred percent and they said well do a couple of Messages AND You Must. Call INTO the southland a shopping center Now i, Wouldn't have been there, for i'm thinking i'm THINKING forty five maybe fifty years since I EVEN Thought About. Going to the southland, a shopping center and then somebody said you know, it goes it crosses Over. THE highway CROSSES over the neip Highway i. Think, I think it's a, nepean, highway ANYWAY i thought. To myself wow so i did that? HOW incredible are those great shopping, centers i know it's a shopping center and it was just really interesting place to wander around and look At Some Of. The shops inside, the southland shopping center three nights Later, coming back from a gathering at hampton NOW it would Be, forty years since i was In hampden and you look at how hampton's. Developed as a place in a, Suburb, and we should do one morning jay we should do A, list of pick a Suburb, in adelaide pick a suburb In, perth and pick a suburb in. Melbourne and just, talk about. A suburb pick, a burb we'll. Do pick a burger What A, Segment pick a burb and hamilton hamilton hampton would be on that LIST because it was just fab and i hadn't been there for a long time and all those coffee. Shops, and things now really quite gorgeous nancy you. Say that we'll come To you. Next it's all part of. Australia overnight lots of texts coming in tony, making considers yourself to be A philanthropist then why not Just Give, mark sixty, five thousand dollars kell no in fact, that WOULD be the antithesis of philanthropy. But i thank you for. Suggesting IT lots, OF emails coming in as i said i do look at them. And try to reply during the day it's too. Difficult to obviously reply in the evening one, in Particular Has, taken my attention though From girard, hello who says. Good a tony McAll love The Work great to see a former. Saints seceedias d la boy do well. Very kind of you to say that that's Assuming that you really think. That WHAT i'm doing. Is going well but i appreciate that we'll contact you. On another occasion REGARDING THE School days thank you if i a gardner shopping center was Featured in the set An Episode of homicide with an undercover Leonard Teal playing a criminal running up burke Road From. The old railway? GATES to maulvin road is that. RIGHT i knew there was a scene. I knew there was a Scene Set i think. Outside the old? Glen iris railway station is my memory didn't know That There was a one running up burke Road From. The old railway gates to maulvin road also Believe. The movie house was located In Ashey was the Old Where the? Shell survey is in high street now and the, other just interrupting there a little bit there was another little service station On the opposite corner. TO, where that Shell service station is fyi the Old Survey. Used to be? Managed By Dick clay, is that Right Richmond. Football club fame. The Great dick clay what. A player jured thank you, For, that i'll drop you. A line, liz good morning to you liz says Thank You As Many Lizzes, down In portsy Morning Liz women's weekly Alcohol Anonymous. And, alcoholics anonymous and the ballpoint, pen yes had we had. A prize you would Have won, It mark says from HIGH wikham today toney can't Sleep AS i have to avoid as i've covid and got a. Pretty bad but good listening. To you, The, Talk stuff is great thank you. Mark thank you for all. Those emails very kind of your people. Overnights at Threew Dot Com, Dot. Au nancy in bayswater morning.
Speaker 24: Morning tony, THE lady that. RANG up about transferring. I don't know i didn't really hear i came to the end of it. Videos to DVDs or vinyls. OR cassettes he can transfer To CDs i know a man in.
Speaker 17: Roble, and HE doesn't For ten dollars well WHEN i, think.
Speaker 1: Ann mentioned something like i did was it about? THREE hundred dollars, And, Thought too transfer i nearly said hey. I'm going to start. Up a business if that's the case, THREE hundred BUS to do a transfer i reckon i could do it in here at three aw would take all of an hour and. It, might, cost me fifty at. Best.
Speaker 28: Yeah well he hasn't.
Speaker 17: Very MUCH.
Speaker 1: Nancy. YOU'VE obviously done it yes i have i.
Speaker 24: Got my wedding VIDEO and he changed it, to a dvd and.
Speaker 1: Then ten dollars which is pretty good so the, original, Video sits on a disc now correct and you can make. COPIES of that. IF you wanted to.
Speaker 28: I don't know i haven't, Tried, that.
Speaker 1: AND here's the other thing nancy. And i say this with much love how often? Do you sit down. And watch it. Not very old exactly that's my, point we all have these, beautiful things things about weddings or christenings? And how many do we sit down how often do we? Sit down and watch? Them these days.
Speaker 28: Every now and, then but it's every now.
Speaker 24: AND then, maybe every, Couple of years i think oh yeah i'll get that out and.
Speaker 1: Watch it and just have a squizz and do you put YOUR forehead into your HAND and go i can't believe that. I, ever, LOOKED that drop dead gorgeous yes yes, i ever looked that drop, dead gorgeous, aware of those years gone.
Speaker 10: That's right and then and then and then going too fast.
Speaker 1: And then race back. Into, THE bathroom for a little color.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know that feeling really. Really. Well nice to talk to you. Nancy thank you keep us In mind i'll put you back to jay and so if we can get that number for you just in case we ever need it for people who are looking to dub off stuff. Onto on a hard drive or whatever it is one of the. System that You, might be. Looking for nancy and baizy well done you our telephone number One double Three six' nine Three Gal? Tony, MAC did, you Know that jack dyer Yes i did and tony mackir Definitely In aspendale as the Grandparents Built, in EBB street e double B ebb street and i have photos of Mum As, A. CHILD with the HORSES in ebb street aspendale i reckon when i was doing some work many many Years ago as, a young mobile disker jockey, suka seventy three seventy five something like that there was, a great little what would You describe it like a reception center at aspendale where. WE would go In, There, And Do Weddings, I. Think in aspendale gale tony maker live Southlandgo they often Prefer that. To actually the chasten shopping center chads's disappeared chadsten is just way too big and a lot of the. Shops have, no appeal to me at all. THANK you text ending. In seven eight one, i think that's right chadson's a fantastic place but for many of us it's. SIMPLY just, overwhelming in so many ways gorgeous, i mean visitors come, from around the, world just around the world around the Country. Around the world just. To VISIT the chadston it's an extraordinary production but i wouldn't want, to, be going, there on a regular basis unless of course they, have the gas and fuel scone BAKE competition of which why was the under nigne? Champion? Just sort of. Share that with him clearly four to two the voice is, really well and truly going after Five hours but It's Half, AN hour ago australia. Overnaright morning edwards Now I. DON'T think so another One Says Tony. Maker i went, to the aspendale technical school it's gone now, as a lot of those grade schools Have But the kids used to call it aspen jail detention. Center as, We did back in those days thank you we'll Say. Uru to everybody at six. Pr in perth nice to have your company look for just joining you. Tonight again from ten o'clock at your, time now the other side, of the news we will ask the question? How to survive the next? One, hundred years will we have the answer well we'll ask. The question and see If We get One next.
Speaker 5: Now this is astralia urbanized. With tony McManus.
Speaker 1: Get older the five O'CLOCK it's so nice to have you with wah right through Till the Breaking our program gets underway With ross and russ, here on three w it's an interesting, headline THESE things that come, across THE desk and, i LOOKED at it, and i REREAD it and i reread it and, then i thought about the question and how in, fact the power often. Lies in the question not necessarily the answer and the question is? How to survive the next one hundred years question mark. How to survive the next one hundred years, So We're, going to talk to this bloke Simon musto is The author of how to survive. For, the next one or one hundred years now We've. Only got about ten minutes to talk simon can we? WRAP it, Up, in ten minutes.
Speaker 10: Or Not?
Speaker 14: I reckon yeah that's?
Speaker 1: To, Go, good, Onion where would we start.
Speaker 44: Okay well okay.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 44: It is, that it's an ambitious title Okay. Of course the subtitle IS lessons from nature and the reason why i think this story is important is because we live in a society where people are, increasingly, exposed to a lot of negative news okay and we don't, often hear the other side of the story which, is the part where, we. Have THIS supportive supporting infrastructure of, Nature right and i think particularly for communities australia has a history obviously. A very strong local community sense of belonging we get together and we deal. With problems as their care as a community And, if we learn to take lessons from nature we open up a whole new way of thinking and it exposes us to a lot of fresh answers right about how we, can survive and how we can. Empower OURSELVES particularly at a local community level.
Speaker 49: So.
Speaker 1: I mean you're. Right about the new cycle we see, it we've seen it recently prolifically this year more recently perhaps With the Flooding Rains That. We've, seen in Queensland and new south wales conversely here in victoria we've Seen chronic drought Areas In. The southwest of victoria and into south. Australia it's a really tough time for many is that the sort of thing that you're looking at and the things that. Have, to Be considered and should be considered.
Speaker 44: Yeah what i'd like people to start to do is. TO think differently about their place, within nature i think we have a history obviously of almost seeing environmentalism as a separate. And opposite construct to development and human progress whereas what we're beginning to discover now is that a lot of the support, infrastructure that nature provided us, in the past which we've perhaps ritten away is able to reintegrate through restoration and provide a significant amount. Of economic value back, into our local communities we're talking you know maybe seven to thirty times more value than we're currently getting from our taxpayer dollar expenditure if. We, spend that on processes that are, positive so to give You a small. Example this Wonderful Example of eastern Barb bandicoots so the rosweld sanctuary In, the yu yangs In Just, west of melbourne owned by the odonata foundation was taken over in Two Thousand, and nine by a benefactor called nigel sharp and it acts as a laboratory to work out how. To, restore balance, Within ecosystems with, native species now that animal euston barb. Bandicoot was considered extinct up until quite recently it was rediscovered In, old abandoned cars in a quarry in hamilton. And the population is now thousands of animals And If, it wasn't for that for the. Rossweld sanctuary, those animals would now be extinct more recently what's happened is they've introduced Them to A, working sheep farm in western victoria near hamilton and in just three years. They have restored soil and soil water processes so the things you were, Talking about a moment ago flooding for example so we've gone through some of the worst floods in the, last few years that that area has, Seen but the fence infrastructure has remain solid so they're. No longer having to spend money on fencing, because the surface water that longo runs away, the organic layer in the soil has, increased the potentile strength of water is increased. Meaning they're getting more profit from the farm all of that achieved simply by. Reintroducing, a single animal back into the environment.
Speaker 1: Yeah and, so much comes out of that are you based on, the work that you've, been doing for many many years in writing are you completely devoted to? The idea that young people have got this young people have got this even like old fats. Like me, and many people in. This audience, you go don't. Worry about it you know it's it's cyclical the environment as we know it has been.
Speaker 25: Going on lot.
Speaker 1: Is FOR millions of years nothing's really. Changed it's i.
Speaker 44: Think it's a chaotic, situation so my understanding of how ecosystems function, you've GOT difference between balance and chaos effectively and i. Think so we've got a diversification of views and young people obviously they suffer from a probably more negative news. Input or exposure to algorithms than we, do THEY some of them have ignored that and i see. In my own children a sense of community they spend more time chanting. To THEIR friends and getting involved in. Things NOW i think other kids, SUFFER differently, what i am urging is to i, guess step aside from that and start looking. Just, start spending some time in nature tonally honestly the start of this is just to immerse yourself back into the environment around you and actually look. At it and think about what's goinging on and this is not going to solve all. The problems of the world without our assistance but there is a heck of a, lot you can learn about to do yourself which can make. The WORLD of difference if that's scaled up and. I, often use the phrase rewilding, your mind okay by reconnecting in that way, it actually brings a new. Way of thinking and it's very very cathartic, It's, been very cathartic.
Speaker 1: For me at least oh but it has how did your heart and, Soul, Head, Into this direction some years ago simon.
Speaker 44: OH i've always been. LIKE this ever since i WAS. A child i grew up in the uk you can probably tell From, my accent it was actually born in ADELAIDE but MY parents went back, to THE uk when i was very young and i Just Used to wander the Fields of the united, kingdom countryside, and the cotswolds night, and, day EVERY working every every waking hour effectively and I try to do that as. Much AS i can these days as well today i tend to Wander Under, the water in the water of portfolt bay. Which is a remarkably exciting place.
Speaker 1: To be there's been a lot of exposure no doubt you would have seen it over the. Weekend With The great New documentaries coming over the future king Of Australia and Is Sitting down there with sir david and sir david WHO'S coming up to, his one hundredth birthday I think from memory and then the future. King looking at what's happening underneath our oceans have you had time to have a look at That And understand how important the points that sir. David, HAS been making in that area alone.
Speaker 44: Personally i haven't seen the. FILM yet and i'm a, little BIT hesitant I probably shouldn't say this but i mean i tend towards LOOKING and immersing. Myself into positive actions that i can take We're running The project At, the moment called restore THE bay in. Melbourne which is something that i think encapsulates i've just talked about a way for people to take part in something where they can be part. Of co DESIGNING outcomes for our own neighborhood and again i prefer my preference is to jump in, the SEA and actually see it for myself and i, think, Those we come to the same conclusions right but the thing people REALLY want?
Speaker 38: To? Know is what ACTION can?
Speaker 1: I take yeah What action Can i Take hence the book. How to survive, The next one hundred years. As you speak i'm getting, lots, of texts one in particular talks about say. Keeping bees and those sorts of little? THINGS have, You looked at that are they i mean i've said. On this program before how, important bees are if we have. No bees we're all kangaroo edwards pretty much but do you look at those sorts of things and have young people? Recognize? How, SPECIAL that is for our.
Speaker 44: Survival yeah possibly I certainly mentioned regularly enough the odds thing i think is that ten years ago not. Many, people had veggie, patches in, THE garden no They, did not whereas today, i don't know tony your friends and, colleagues, but everyone's got a Veggie patch today right it seems. Or SOMETHING they've grown something in their garden and i. Don't find that quite remarkable because it wasn't it didn't come. About through any kind of law or. Change IS come about because of something else and i think that's that kind of mysterious underlying thing that nature does and connects with. Our brains in ways we really don't understand but you see, a, change like that happening and you?
Speaker 14: Go well how about when did that figure but.
Speaker 1: You could say that about guarding too soon how important it is for people to get at and, JUST enjoy nature in its most basic form i guess is just having a. Guard and, spending time and connecting with.
Speaker 44: Garden that's right and anything and everything we. Do to look after, the place we, LIVE immediately, around our feet on our minds i think is, Where, OUR focus should be more.
Speaker 1: And more simon i hope We. TALK again it's simply called how To survive i love the title. How to survive the next one hundred years and. That's even Before we have children and grandchildren How to Survive. The next one hundred years lessons from nature simon must thank you For joining. Us, Nice, And, early on a tuesday. Morning Simon.
Speaker 44: Thanks, tony it's been, my pleasure Good on.
Speaker 1: Yeah what a book. How to survive the next one. Hundred years there's a, big thesis just there you. Would have thought have a look. At it. It's available from all great bookshops of course, it was Nice to having live of course, part of australia overnight twenty One Past, Five half An Hour Earlier in south australia ross and ROSS bricky show getting underway here on, three ow in the. Next fifteen Or less straight after the news marcus in brighton. Will come to you, in just the moment we were just thinking given, that we've, Been talking about Those Great songs and, coincidentally simon sitting for dennis walter last night was talking about lyrics that sort of in a sense predict. TO some, degree the future in varying degrees i think and you look at the book how? Do we survive the next one hundred years and it was reminded of the great, song in the year twenty, five twenty five if man is, still alive if women, are like this bit if woman can survive they might, find in the year thirty five thirty five, ain't going to. Need to tell, the truth tell no lie everything you think do and, Say is in the pill you, took today in the pill you took, today in the year forty five forty. Five you ain't going to need your teeth? What, You ain't going to need your. Teeth fantastic this is not that far away, forty five forty five won't need your. Eyes you won't find a thing to you nobody's going to look at you in the year. Fifty five was hanging limp. By your side it? Just deteriorates From, There, IS that our future. Marcus in brighton god i, Hope.
Speaker 8: Not morning good morning to You Too.
Speaker 36: Tony, AND great To hear from simon musdow. Yeah i met simon not so. Long ago but she's talking about that song i've got that single in my record collection here At home.
Speaker 1: Now for that's the one THAT zager and evans and that, goes back. I reckon late sixty sixty. EIGHT sixty nine they were singing about.
Speaker 36: That, i, THINK it might be, sixty five, really, yeah i could be WRONG but yeah. Yeah THAT'S not really what i rang about but i just read to.
Speaker 14: Say, That That.
Speaker 36: Was GREAT to hear from yeah simon musdow when i Just think about the last number, Of years i've spent a lot of time i've Picked up over A ton, of leads between brighton and bon morris untangled probably hundreds of so. It just picked up probably, thousands of glometer the fishing line rescued rays rescued all sorts of. FISH that are being, Caught and all thoughts i have, to Say i'm a bit of A fisherman. But, i'm very selective about what i catch yeah it's, amazing how MUCH rubbish is of the bay, all the covid. Basks, THAT get washed up all the platforms.
Speaker 1: Well i was surprised to hear him say that we just ran. Out of time in terms of exploring. It we might do that at another time you might steer us in the direction. Of someone to talk to you about that but clearly that is a very important issue that.
Speaker 25: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Needs, To be talked about more often.
Speaker 36: Yeah well i've been doing it for years, been cleaning up the side of. The bay EVEN the plastics ON the beach but but i, die And i do a lot of, snorkeling And i'll forever take a catch bag and i'm always filling up my catch bag. Gloves, All the rubbish that goes out there. Fish but the fishblnes are the worst thing it just tangles up everything and see it turns just. Get caught up and they can't move anymore and a. Lot of, PEOPLE don't think much. About, them but yeah, i quite like them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah to you and these things we Would miss them when, We, for whatever reason god forbid one. Day, marcus, THEY were not, available, TO us yeah.
Speaker 36: Well i like, thinking well i like seeing the transit fish the. Pleegics THAT swim through and all, the fish, and, I tend to tell him you KNOW yeah i'd pivot pretty Quiet about what i seed the fishermen. Because, i'd, rather see them.
Speaker 8: In the water yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Very good pleasure please you rang, Through, Marcus, KEEP in touch with the program.
Speaker 36: Yeah Shelby i haven't rung, all That often have i've slipted. REASONABLY well but i'm not sleeping Too. Well, I, Lost my best friend.
Speaker 1: On sunday oh marcus i'm. Sorry, to hear just SUDDENLY.
Speaker 36: He had cancer YEAH look his his, i met, you when i was little kids and yeah he's got very well known in the photographics. Industry and, The technical Side Of. Photographics, industry and yeah, Luma.
Speaker 38: Like john lumpey.
Speaker 1: Yeah sorry to hear marcus. IT'S a it's a sad time for you. I Appreciate, you being part Of The program Tuesday morning all part. Of australia overnight.
Speaker 52: In P's Gonna, be alive he's. THINKING everything older candy, man but.
Speaker 1: Whoa Whoa I love That whoa Whoa bit the breaking show With. Ross and russ coming up. Next To David. I'm strong in the, newsroom i'm tony mack for. All we know we may never meet again may our hands only ever be held out in friendship, and never
Speaker 47: In once the twinkling of starlight so very far