Speaker 1: On Perth six PR. This is Perth Today with Simon Beaumont.
Speaker 2: Yes, good morning, thanks for listening to Perth Today. Here until one o'clock today on this Friday morning, going into the afternoon. Hope you're going well. Coming up on the program, Glenn Jakovitch will join us to talk football, sport on Life. Chris Murphy's Magical Mystery Tour will be with us after midday. Looking forward to seeing Merph alfter twelve. And how's your instincts on whether your kids are sick or not? There's a new study that should show that us as parents and as grandparents often know when our kids are sick. And should that be part of part of the questions the questionnaire the routine when you might attend an emergency department with a kid who you think is sick. We'll have a look at that on the program in just a moment. Just just saw overnight and this morning that Jim Cardilly has passed the family family patriarch of Cardilli Fireworks. We'll have a chat about that after eleven o'clock today. It's the Cardilly family have been involved in fireworks and pyrotechnics since the eighteen eighties, back back in Italy and we'll remember Jim Cardilly after eleven o'clock today here on the program. Thanks for listening in. Are you a sendalink customer? Have you been trying to process a claim this morning with Centalink? Just want to try and find out. We have heard a little whisper there maybe a national outage that maybe send a Link is struggling with processing claims this morning. So is that true? Send Link my Gov whatever the new part of it is called. Are you having trouble with a center link outage this morning? Let me know on one double three eighty two. You can text us as well. Zero four eight seven, triple nine eight eighty two. I've got a yes, no question for you. Want to try and clear something up straight away from right, Let's clear this up once and for all. Thanks Max, I have to listen to this. Are you or were you aware that it's going to rain today? Are you aware that it's going to rain today all roads? It seems to be leading to the weather apocalypse A number of it's I woke up this morning, I've heard I've heard a number of things on the station and yesterday with rusty warnings about the weather. This weekend. It is. It is that time of year. It is that time of year. But yes or no? Are you or were you aware that it's going to rain today? Yes or no? Have a bit of fun with this today. It does feel like it's the it's the day of days, isn't it all the weekend of weekends? Had it? Heard a number of things I did here safety message in our news this morning. Thank you Max. There it is there, It isn't We've heard a number of reports today from the Road Safety Commissioner, from Adrian Warner, and from Philip Ama and people in the newsroom that it's going to run. It's going to rain today and over the weekend. One double three eight etty two or is he messas zero four eight seven, triple nine eight eighty two? Is the question today? Were you aware that it's going to rain today? Who knew? Who knew that it does rain this time of year? This was James Ashley from We'll get to James Ashley in just a moment. So we had these warning same time last year. So what we've heard this morning is Adrian Warner, the Road Safety Commissioner, saying it's going to rain and we need to prepare ourselves and prepare our cars. But Philip are talking about it. Millsy wants to change the public holidays because it's going to rain raining this weekend, which is a new one to me. It is going to rain today, yes or no? Yes or no? Were you aware that it's going to rain today? Chris says yes, yes he was. And thunderstorms too, says Chris, I think it rain. I think it rained this time last year too, didn't it. We'll come back in how you go, Max. We got our system back up, so this was Sorry about that, Folcus is a bit of a system issue. It's wet. Here's a safety message.
Speaker 3: Road Safety Commissioner Adrian Warner is pleading with West Ozzis to take care on the roads this wa day long weekend. More than sixty milimeters of rain is expected across Perth over the long weekend, with twenty to forty mills expected in the Southwest on Monday. Mister Warner says it's been a while since we've had conditions like those expected and vehicle preparation is key to remaining safe on the roads.
Speaker 4: Well, I want people to think about how they drive in wet conditions and take a bit of time to prepare for their road trips. So look, there's some simple driving tips. There's a few simple checks to prepare and a bit of planning that will hopefully keep everyone safe. We've got to slow down, give yourself much more space for stopping to that car ahead. That's a critical thing. If it's overcast or heavy rain. Got to hatch your headlights on. And my chip is if it gets really bad, pull over if you can safely and put your hazard lights on.
Speaker 2: I hope everyone's safe over the weekend, but it is. In case you haven't heard, it is going to rain today. Yes, no question. Let's try and clear this up. Were you aware that it's going to rain today. We've got two yeses so far to the show. This was James Ashley from the Weather Bureau the same time last year, exactly the same time last year. Have a listen.
Speaker 5: Friday evening, a cold front will move through, another cold front Sunday, Monday, and then another cold front middle of next week. So real change in the weather pattern. That high pressure system that's really dominated the weather is retreating and being replaced by what would call more normal sort of weather pattern for this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. So that was exactly the same time last year. Is it us? Is it a slow newsday or is it just the weather's coming in and we're looking for something to talk about. I know we like the weather, like to talk about it. Yes or no? Did you know that it's going to be raining? The yeses are four the nose the noses zero at this stage. And we've had a couple of texts come in to say that the Woodside protesters are outside the Perth courthouses. Police are in attendance and listening to the drum beats that's coming from Pete. Yeah, thanks Pete. We ran a poll yesterday. Is it all over for the Woodside protesters? So today Jesse Noakes, Gerard Masa. Jesse and Gerard were two of the fellas who attended, I use the word attended Meg O'Neil's house while back Taralia Stilast. He's in court today. So they charged today with doing act. So they've been charged. They pleaded guilty in today's sentencing. So do an act to create false belief? Good morning, Jesse. If you're listening, this is at the Woodside Age. In April twenty twenty three, they went to the AGM with stench bombs and smoke flares purportedly. They later said it was a prank. It was just a prank. We never intended to evacuate the AGM. So this was this was a couple of years ago. But they're in court today. And as we said yesterday, do you think it's over for the protests? Our listeners felt very clearly that it wasn't that they would keep going. But that is why they are in the outside courts today. They will be sentenced. The charge is do an act to create false belief and I think Jesse at the time. Jesse at the time said, look, we just pranked Woodside. We pranked the of the Woodside AGM. Thanks Pete for sending in that information today. Yes or no? Did you know that it was raining? One double three one double three eighty two is the phone number today? Did you realize it was going to rain? And the Davis says yes, also the sun will come up tomorrow. The yeah, it is raining. And in case you haven't heard, we've got we've got question marks around when we have our public holidays. We've got the adried and one of the roads Safety Commissioner is warning us bomber coming out today and doing a press conference. Defense is doing a press conference as well, So just Ben says, yes, I was aware. I keep my finger on the pulse. Dave says, yes, I noticed it it was going to rain because I stepped outside and looked at the sky, says day Alien says, I aware of the Rayvend's forecast. I've heard about it every day this week, and I even twitched off the reticulation. Thank you ailing the voice of reason one double three eighty two. Yeah, it's it's a per thing, isn't it. It's going to rain. It's going to rain. Let's catastrophize about it. Did you know that it's going to be raining? The yes, the thirteen and those one obviously we're having a bit of fun with that. Be safe if you will remember the finish and the start of apocalypse. Now by the doors, the final reckoning between good and evil.
Speaker 6: Here's the song, This is the beautiful for.
Speaker 2: Jim Morrison on the doors, This is the end, beautiful. Friend. Tony says, yes, I amn't aware, but being in the supreme nanny state of w A wait a while, I demand to be reminded of the dangers of rains as Tony from val Divers. Thanks Tony running in Coral Bay sendling out it's been out for a year, Thanks Jack. Jack. We are aware of your issue, mate, and it's a complex one. Damon's has rained fake news yes hahaha, says Paul. And it's nearly winter. Are you aware that's going to rain today? Sixteen Yes, and two knows it's the end of the world, folks, it's going to rain in June seventeen minutes past nine o'clock. Back in a second, Kevin says today's yes, no question has to be the dumbest stare. But making a point, Kevin that we seem to be catastrophizing about the fact that it's June and it's going to rain. Yeah, a bit of Friday fun mate, this one here, so I know all rainer was rained on w A da waffle, footy games is mouse? Thank you Mouse? Mea rain morning, Simon. Yes, so we're going to rain this weekend. It's it's June, meals he wants to change the holidays around one double three A two. Love to hear from you today. Yesterday on the story, we noted two instants involving e scooters and the Dylan capeon has the story in the West today, Dylan's probably listening to us. Good morning, Dylan has put together we've actually had four scooter fatalities this year, which is a serious issue. And I think most of us would know se realize that e scooters go a lot faster than twenty k's an hour or nineteen k's now they're meant to be governed to that speed, but they do go fast. And we're going to speak to someone who knows a little bit about this about what retailers do say to customers and what interestingly, what customers are saying to retailers. If you don't if you don't soup this e scooter up, I'm not going to buy it. How about that. We'll have a look, have a look at some of that. We're not going to tell people how to soup up on an ease scooter, and we would never do that, but it does happen. There are YouTube demonstrations, and we'll talk to someone who works in the industry in just a moment on the program. A report out today this is a delicate issue, obviously, A report out today that our parents gut instinct that their child is deteriorating their health is deteriorating. This could be used in a hospital. The basis of this report is that a lot of parents have a comprehensive, instinctive feeling about their child's health. Michael Page is, the WA President of the Australian Medical Association, joins me now today.
Speaker 7: Michael up, Morning Bowie.
Speaker 2: It's my understanding when parents perhaps do present in an eed or to in a serious situation that they are they can be asked there is a parental scorecard, is my understanding. But this is a little bit of a game change. This Monash University study. Are you worried that your child is getting worse? Is the question? What do you think and feel?
Speaker 7: Look, I think this study tells us what many parents probably already know, that their instincts about their child's health are pretty good, are pretty well honed. And it also tells us something that many doctors and nurses who work particularly in emergency departments this is an emergency department based study also already know, which is that if a parent is concerned expresses concern, then they ought to be taken seriously because they know their child well and if they've got a gut feeling that something is just not quite right with their child. In many instances, that gut instinct will be correct and may even and may even may even be superior to traditional kind of measures of whether a child is unwell. In other words, of parent's gut instinct might give you more information than just taking their heart right, taking the bloo pressure, changing the temperature, and so forth. That might give you additional information over and above those things as to whether that child is likely to deteriorate. And that's something that has been I think, you know, many people have known that for a long time. It has already before the publication of this study started to be incorporated increasingly into clinical assessment algorithms in emergency departments, as you alluded to. And of course you know there's been some high profile cases which have drawn attention to that.
Speaker 2: So, Michael, to your understanding, and I haven't, unfortunately I've been I haven't been to an ad with anyone kids apart from one time. But that was fairly obvious that she'd managed to breathe in a ten cent coin, so we all knew what was happening. But is it part of the process now where the parent is proactively asked in in wads, what do you think is happening here?
Speaker 7: It's a pretty routine it's a pretty routine question now in emergency departments for parents to be asked about their level of concern. I mean, I suppose to some extent their level of concern has taken for granted, given that they've brought their child to an emergence department've obviously got some baseline concern. But now we've got things like call lines in the in emergency department, so if a child is waiting in an emergency department waiting room, that they are able to raise their concerns proactively by use of a telephone to say, look, I think my child's deteriorating in the waiting room. I don't think it can wait any longer, and that should alert the clinicians to the need to more rapidly assess that child, because, of course, sometimes a child might only be subtly unwell. But the thing about children is they're very resilient until they're not. If you get what I mean, they can appear quite well and things can go south, very very suddenly. And that's why that parental concern. Look, I think my child's deteriorating needs to be needs to be factored in, because that can happen very quickly in an emergency a waiting room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I hope you don't mind me asking this, Michael, do you have kids? Has your gutting syncre and your kids?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 7: And you know, thinking about a study like this, you know, as a parent rather than a doctor, I think, well, gee, you know every time, you know, doctors are the worst actually when it comes to catastrophizing things with their own children. You know, you know, the slightest symptom is suddenly a horrible disease, and of course usually it's not. And that's why I think a study like this is important and it should change practice. But of course it's not to say that every child's sorry, every parent's worst morbid fear about what the symptoms their child has could mean are necessarily going to be correct. And I say that from personal experience, not again as a parent. You know, I can, I can catastrophize with the best of us, and I'm usually wrong. So it's not to say that we should, you know, get on Google every time our child's got a sniffle and assume the absolute worst. But on the more serious end of things, of course, if a parent is worried about their child, it does need to be taken seriously and it does need to be properly investigated. And when that's in the emergency setting, that's where things can really go wrong if something is missed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Michael, thanks for making yourself available or we always appreciate our chats. Thanks Michael anytime. Michael Page, the ama WA President. So this is a Monish university study. It's just come out and the vital science check is that Monash are suggesting is staff at EDS and in hospital should ask are you worried your child is getting worse? Results of the survey, he says that if a parents that they're worried, their child is about four times more likely to require intensive care even when their vital signs appeared normal. Now, obviously we've had some very high profile cases in WA recently and I'm hoping to be sensitive about the ramifications of this research. But Aaron Mills is the lead researcher, says listening to parents could play crucial role in preventing deaths and serious harm in hospital. This is coming out of Monash University, So our question to you, when is your intation? When is your intuition your gut instinct? And Millsy I talked to Mills about this this morning. He thinks that mums often know when has your intuition intervened and potentially saved your kid or change the care for your kid? One double three eighty two love to hear from you today. We are on until one o'clock today. We're asking the question did you know that it's raining? Obviously it's a tongue in che cheat question. The yeses are twenty nine and those are three Melanie's Melanie gets it. She said, I've just turned the radio on. It's going to do. What says Melanie in the bullsbrip it's going to rain. Jones says, we've had twenty mills already. Julie says, yes, I knew it was going to rain today. It happy pretty stupid not to see that for yourself. If the media need the media to tell you, oh boy, it just seems to be all roads are leading to the rain. Gooday, Terry, how you'll go?
Speaker 9: I hope your daughter yeah got well and all that. It was a tragic, but I was just wondering after the incident. Did take long to see any change in that.
Speaker 2: Yes, we knew, Yeah, we knew something was what she had done. She breathed in a ten cent coin terry and she just went very quiet and very listless, and we knew something was up. So and that was the parental instinct. I wasn't home at the time, but yeah, so rushed her off, had an X ray and sure enough that she had to have a general and get get the ten cent coin extracted. And it was it was more of the change, you know, change and how she how she was, how she was obviously having trouble breathing as well. So yeah, but it was pretty heavy, mate, pretty heavy. Nothing. Nothing worse than seeing a little kid go under a general anesthetic, that's for sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely mate. No, I had a son that's had a long history of metal food conditions made so when you when you hear those stories, you always want the best outcomes.
Speaker 2: For you do. Yeah, she's good, mate, Thank you for asking. Yeah, she's gone swimmingly so yeah, it does, you know. And we talked about it with our team often when we sort of talking about stories and topics to cover on the radio. We know, you know, if we generate a bit of conversation amongst us, amongst ourselves, it's probably worth while discussing with our listeners a great K parents intuition. What do you think we got you there? K, Sorry I.
Speaker 10: Didn't hear my name. That's in nineteen eighty three. Our daughter was four years old. At the time, she had been quite She was normally a very active, energetic child, and she became very listless. Doctor started her on antibiotics, said she's picked up some sort of bug. This went on a couple of months and she was losing weight and in the end said to my husband, we need to get her to Princess Margaret. We raced over there. After a couple of hours, the specialist came in and he said, you were very lucky you brought your daughter in. Her organs are shutting down. So I still get emotional over this. She had what was called michael plasma back in those days. It was just new to Australia, but the nickname for it was walking.
Speaker 2: Pneumonia, walking pneumonia yep, yep.
Speaker 10: And her body was shutting down. They reckoned she would have only had a day or two to live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, we ye brought.
Speaker 10: It just in time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing parents intuition Case exhibit A. Thanks thanks Case.
Speaker 11: She hows she going, Yep, she's doing well.
Speaker 10: She's now just had her forty six birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh good, very good, Well done to you. Good good parenting there. Kay excellent, thank you, Kay, thanks for calling in today with your story. So it's been backed up by by a study that if you ask parents, do you think your your kit, your child's condition is getting worse. That's a really important intervention. And what is obviously in all of that is it's not something you just ask at the start when someone first presents right, You've got to keep asking it because conditions can change over time. Greg says, thank goodness you told us about the rain today. I work in the insurance industry and it's a busy season. We had no idea it was about to start. And look, this is meant to be a tongue in cheek right. Most of our listeners are getting it. Is it where you're where? It's going to rain? Because it's been a topic of some discussion one double three A eighty two. I blame climate change for this reign. I'm a yes, as Mick. Can we blame the rain on Roger Cooks Islam. No, we cannot. We'll come into the Sorry, we'll change topic in just a moment. We have noted there's been four escooter fatalities already this year. We are into June. We had three in total last year. We've got four already this year. And these are not necessarily related. They're not necessarily speed related. But I think most of us got most of us would be aware that you can change the speed, the upper limit speed on your escooter reasonably easily. We'll talk to someone who works in the industry in just a sect. Did you realize where you're aware that it's going to rain today? The yes are thirty two, so the nose are three. Brad get to you in just a second. Thanks for listening. This is Perth today.
Speaker 12: There's been a breakdown on Tonkin Highway southbound before more each in Morley Center and left. Emergency lanes are blocked. Towing services are on site, motorists are outside the vehicle traffic heady back to Marshall Road. Please be patient, exercise caution. ELSA on the Mitchell Freeway flowing well, Kanana Freeway going well as well. Graham Farmer Freeway No delays there. North Bridge Tunnel moving well in both directions. I'm James keys On, Perth Traffic leader six PR.
Speaker 2: Pedro says, Hi, guys, at ten am yesterday, I knew with one hundred persent accuracy that would rain today because I washed my car. Thanks Peter. Richie says, can we blame the rain on Millie Vanilli? You've all done? Richie me boy. Helen says, yes, I knew it was going to rain. My joints are aching and the clouds are getting darker. One double three eighty two. John Say's Bomb says yes, So I suppose he is going to rain having some fun with us today. It's you know, we've got people the three press conferences today on the rain, from the Road Safety Commissioner, from Bomb themselves, and from Defense. So I reckon it is going to rain. Brad's phoned in, Hi, Brad, Hey, very high, good bread.
Speaker 13: Yeah it's raining in Miling, mate, just so you know coming out this way in Marling.
Speaker 11: Okay, yep.
Speaker 13: We'd just got to actually cancel the w A Day festival it was on in Rosewood that three years ago because of bad weather, moved to October sometimes, so it's not his fault because he would have planned that a bit better, but done on the parents intuition that twenty five years ago, my young bloke who was about four or five at the time, come on one after and they put himself to bed, which was really unusual for five year old anyway, wake up a couple of hours later screaming and yell and tearing on him. Off to emergency. Didn't know what was wrong with him, but we just said, look, there's something not right with him. The doctors kind of looked at him and said, I will just monitor him, will monitor him. Midnight came and I will just monitor them. We'll just monitor him. And I just said, look, he's not right this, there's something wrong with his. Child. Surgeon I had a look at him first thing in the morning, took one look at him and said his appendix has gone and yeah, six days in hospital his appendix burst and yeah, we knew something was wrong with him. And they just said, oh no, we're not sure what's going on yet.
Speaker 2: But wow, parent, parent, yeah parent, they do mate. Yeah, yeah, thanks Brad, good good call, Thank you take care out there.
Speaker 13: Hey yeah well there mate you to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thanks Brad. Brad from hocking, wonderbul three, A Eddy two, Jimmy's in Onslow. Hi, Jimmy rain not in Onslow, going to be about thirty degrees crystal clear and beautiful, says Jimmy. Where are you working? Jimmy meanwherez the port working for the show? What are you doing up there? Jimmy, let us know. Wonderful three A Daddy two sound like Macca. Then we did had a did some stories yesterday on the show. We noted there had been a hit and run involving an e scooter and a fatality involving an e scooter, both of which were late at night incidents. You know, he scooter people driving around late at night. So we got talking about East scooters this morning, and it's quite apparent and clear, including the North Beach big police operation on the ride out that happened from Charles Riley over, quite clear that a lot of East scooters are souped up. They change the firmware has changed, or somehow they're adjusted so they can go faster than twenty k's an hour. To have a chat to Nat Furman. She's the owner of the bike Kioskin Mandra. She knows a little bit about this gooday, Nat, How are you.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Simon? Well yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, going well, thank you. We don't know whether the fourth East scooter fatality this year did involve speed Nat, but we are aware that these things can be souped up. What are you hearing and seeing?
Speaker 15: Yes, well you can.
Speaker 14: There are a number of ways you can play with the speed limiter on an EES scooter. We don't get amongst it, and no honorable retail I would tell somebody how to increase the speed of their scooter, but there are a lot of backyard guys out there who do do it, make a buck just taking the speed limitter off. And every scooter is different. So you get some lesser quality scooters where it's just a simple press for handle and press the throttle and suddenly you've taken the speed limitter off. And then you can get some really big, bigger scooters where you really have to get down amongst the controller, snip a wire or unplug a wire. And that's how people are doing it, and it's not condoned. And I think they go fast enough. I mean our speed limit at twenty five k's an hour is enough.
Speaker 2: It's twenty five I thought it was twenty. So retailers across the board would if we wouldn't do it in you know, wouldn't it's illegal to do it, so they wouldn't do it. What implications are there for an owner if they change the governor on their e scooter? Does it make their warranty null and void?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, so if there is any claim, usually I get a year warranty. If there's any claim, they won't even look at you if you've taken the speed limitter off.
Speaker 2: Yep. And what are customers saying to retailers.
Speaker 14: Well, they hold us over a barrel. Some of them. They say things like, well, if you don't tell me how to take the limitter off, I'm not going to buy this scooter. So you just have to say, well, see ya. That's how it is. And I can tell you that the demographic of the people asking you to do it is overwhelmingly young men.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's so.
Speaker 14: I think I've had one one woman ever who said, hey, how do you take the speed limitter off his scooter? It's always it's always men in their twenties, even up to in their forties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, I'm just outside that range. Nt So it's not it's not my gang. We did have a little look online. Again we don't. We're not going to tell people how to do this, but he's a little bit of he's a montage. These are a straight YouTube videos. Have listen.
Speaker 17: Here's how to make your nine b G two Mexico thirty five kilometers an hour?
Speaker 18: How a going?
Speaker 19: Today?
Speaker 17: I will show you how to I lock the spit limits for model Ypro.
Speaker 2: This is how you can make any scood at you over thirty miles an hour.
Speaker 20: To accelerate the school a little bit more.
Speaker 8: Then it's a lot of too.
Speaker 17: I'm sure many of you who write electric scooters always have the desire for more speed, especially if you have a stock scooter. In this video, I'm going to show you the most easiest and freeway to unlock your scoter's speed to make you go thirty five kilometers hour plus.
Speaker 2: So my apologies not not all of those are Australian examples, but you can easy Aussie accents in there. And you're right, it sounds like it varies from model to modeled and brand to brand.
Speaker 14: Hey yeah it does.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And those YouTube videos that you could keep going there, I'd say dozens but probably hundreds online for every different scooter model.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for chatting to us Leisure. Have a good day. So ya, Nat Furman, owner of the bike key us down Mandra So they go, people do, and customers say it to retails. If you don't show me how to up the speed on this this bad boy, I'm going to I'm going to go and buy one from somewhere else, could I phil?
Speaker 22: Hey, Yeah, I'm a post to the Australia Posts.
Speaker 21: We're only allowed to go by law eight to ten kilometers an hour or so on the footpaths for obvious reasons for kids running out on bikes and people backing out the driveways. And these guys are insane forty fifty sixty kilongs.
Speaker 23: Now on footpaths.
Speaker 24: There are a menace to society.
Speaker 2: Oh mate, they are You see him? See them all the time, don't you.
Speaker 21: Yeah, badly dressed up in black, generally in black, very rarely with lights. So, I mean one gentlemen just got killed on Spearwit Avenue a few months ago.
Speaker 23: You may have seen it on the news.
Speaker 21: He turned into a big, big truck. So it's they're fun and great, but they're taken to extreme and forty to fifty. A child's going to get killed, get run over. It's just waiting to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Phil, thanks mate, thank you. So I just had chatting there to Nat Furman, who owns the bike Kioskin Mandro. Yeah, the retailers won't do it, she says, she won't do it on her scooters, but does get asked a lot and customers ask for the speed limit to be lifted. Interesting, isn't it get a rich in?
Speaker 25: Oh?
Speaker 26: Good a something? What Nat said It just triggered something with me. She said about warranty, and I thought to myself, know what insurance companies are like, supposing you've been fiddling with your scooter. There's been enough burning the houses there and they can prove.
Speaker 2: That to you.
Speaker 26: The cause of it was because of you fiddling with it. You could find yourself out of pocket eight hundred thousand dollars because the insurance company. You're back out of it as quick as that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no doubt may that. And with a game reading between the lines, which are when we talk to the police have been seizing scooters recently, right so North Beach and other places they see scooters, so they must have a way of testing or working out if the thing has been souped up. I don't have if to just get on it and you know, take it for a hack to see how fast it goes. But yeah, there are ways of telling you, right, I think, mate, thanks for your call. Cheers can they Pete? Good?
Speaker 11: There's this video on YouTube and I don't know what strange stated is that it's an Australian police force chasing him the kids on a freeway doing over under it. He's pacing traffic or accelerating past it. They chase him for a while, then he turns off and goes down like a bicycle track. So they chase him on the motorbike and this narrow track into the scrub sort of goes while they Then he turns around and they're trying to turn around. One cop of falls off his motorbike. But as he does, he sort of grabs hold of the kids. You come to try and fly and past him. It shows that they're unbelievably fast.
Speaker 2: I can keep up with travel and that's in Australia.
Speaker 11: To say, Pete, the two Australian place chosen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, okay, well made. I'll have a look for Thank you, Pete, thanks for calling in. Got on you at one double three, eight eighty two. We've been having a little bit of fun with this today. Yet the yes, no question. We are aware that it's going to rain, press conferences, media statements, newsreaders, brecky presenters. It's the start of junees just around the corner, and it is it is going to rain. We will keep an eye on what happens with the sentencing. With the protest. There's a disrupt Hub borrup Hub protesters in court today. So Jesse, Jared and Talia are in court today creating a false belief. They say they pranked Woodside at the August twenty twenty three a GM. So we've got stink bombs, we've got flares. We're going to let them off. They've been charged with creating a false belief. We'll find out about that in just a moment. Billy, stay there, mate, come back and talk to you in just a moment. Did you know it was going to rain? But yeses are forty in the nose A three thirteen minutes to ten. All right, So the people who listen to the show forensically, I didn't pick the joke when I mentioned that my little one had swallowed a coin, and the bloke ring and said, you notice any change in hurt as in loose change thanks to the half a dozen people have noticed that and I didn't. I don't think Sean or noticed to Ie those well spotted. Yeah, retrospective joke spotting Billy eastcooters.
Speaker 27: Are you going bowie good Billy? Yeah, good mate. Now we're just saying we have a threat on Friday afternoon down at the rocket porch all there on the cafe strip yep. And you get the scooters coming through there, the electric scooters, the big three or four of them flying through. They must be doing at least fifteen to twenty days an hour. And you've got the size of both end of the boardwalk saying to get to dismount and walk through. And that's even pushed by. And it's some of these electric bikes as well that the kids are doing really through there. Yeah, it's just great if someone's really gonna come a cropper.
Speaker 17: You know, before long.
Speaker 27: I don't know who's supposed to be breaking it all down there, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's a lot of it, isn't it, mate? The plenty plenty of it. They are, they are souped up. That's smart my phrase. Hey, Billy, is that the Is that the cafe with the five dollars beers?
Speaker 27: Yes, mate, yeah, we call it cheapest chips.
Speaker 2: It is it Island Islanders Islanders, Yeah cafe.
Speaker 27: I think it's called the probably ain't. Yeah, No, they've got five dollars stubbies. And and if you're over sixty and you have a main deal, you get a you get a wine or a beer free with your dinner.
Speaker 2: Best kept, best kept secret, mate, I know mate, it's a good bricky spot too. It's it was the best kept suiting in Perth billion until you and I told everybody. Thanks mate, cheers, Yeah.
Speaker 27: All right mate, he love your workers.
Speaker 2: Thanks Billy. Yeah, Islander's Cafe, Island's Cafe or Islander's Cafe Rookie and for sure good spot for brecky spot for a five dollar'd be a great view. Did you realize it was going to rain? The Yeses of forty two, the Nose of three having a bit of fun with us today. It's there's been a lot of chat about it on this station. Stephanie says, I knew about the rain, got all the washing done yesterday. I knew it was going to mix it. I knew it was going to rain, and all the trades rolled up with their camper trailer attached instead of their work trailer. Thanks Mick. I knew it was raining because I was standing in it, says Shannon. Shane's the same. Put the washing on the line for it will just be my luck and sure is so. John, goody, John, I knew it rained today. Recently, my horoscope said I should buy an umbrella for this week. Thanks John. One double three eight eighty two. Katherine Shelfelt joins us from the Bureau of Meteorologies forecaster Meteorologists. Gooday, Catherine, Good morning, Simon.
Speaker 28: You'll be pleased to know that I knew it was going to rain.
Speaker 2: That's your job, though, right, you've got one.
Speaker 28: We occasionally get caught out when we're off.
Speaker 2: Duty, but you know, so, yeah, look, it's been an issue. And I did have a little look on Carl Langdon's radar this morning, and it looks like he's reaching inland to places that need it. What are you seeing in hearing?
Speaker 28: Yeah, look, so far there's been some good rainfall through the central West, which I think those farmers have had a really dry sort of autumn, so they should be happy. Yeah, the heaviest was just about thirty five millimeters at Three Springs. But basically today we've got a load that's sitting off the west coast and so not even really a cold front. It's kind of some bands of showers and storms just coming through ahead of that low. So the west coast is where the rain is sort of most likely to be heaviest today, but some of it is certainly extending inland. There's storms at the moment through the Great Southern and in western parts of the Wheatbelt as well, But probably for today the heaviest falls will be around that southwest corner and south coast. It's a bit funny forecast today saying three to thirty milimeters, which is sort of just indicating that if you're not under a thunderstorm, like it's just a shower, you'll get that lower sort of number. But if you happen to get in a band of thunderstorms, there is the potential for those sort of heavier falls around the place.
Speaker 2: Catherine shelf out listeners from Bomb Forecast and Meteorologies. Catherine Monday, what are you seeing and thinking about Monday.
Speaker 28: Yeah, so Monday's definitely more interesting. So over Saturday and Sunday things should quieten down a bit. There'd still be a few light showers around, but mostly coastal. But Monday, we've got quite a strong low pressure system sort of approaches and it's really slow moving, so we get again sort of a cold front, but more of a trough ahead of that low It comes through Monday morning, so that looks like it will bring some really good rainfalls. So if you're on the coast somewhere sort of between Geraldton and maybe Walpole ish, we're going for sort of thirty to fifty millimeters and again maybe a little bit more than that if you happen to get under a line of thunderstorms, and some of that will push inland. So we've got like ten to thirty millimeters through western parts of the Aga areas, and then even sort of five to ten pushing further east than that could also be a bit windy. On Monday. We get some fairly fresh and northerlies ahead of that, so and windy. Chance of some sort of damaging gusts in any thunderstorm, Yeah, but it doesn't go away. There's more rain Tuesday, Wednesday and pretty much throughout the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, June, Hey, yeah if we hear yeah we do. Hey, thanks for the chat today. Have a good weekend. Thanks Catherine.
Speaker 28: Thanks Simon.
Speaker 2: Remember a Game of Thrones? Remember Game of Thrones? Yeah, the theme right from the right, from day one, this was the theme. The winter is coming, Winter is coming.
Speaker 29: You don't know cold?
Speaker 30: Winter is coming for him.
Speaker 2: And winter is coming.
Speaker 1: That's cold.
Speaker 31: Winter is coming.
Speaker 30: It's cold, and it's work.
Speaker 8: Winter is coming.
Speaker 2: Winter is coming, Winter is coming. Be safe, everybody. Did you wear you're where it's going to rain? Yes?
Speaker 32: Or no?
Speaker 2: That's a yes or no question today, after an absolute avalanche of information in the media, including on this station over the last couple of days, did you know it was going to rain? Yes? The forty six and the nose are three and the three people said no. It's funny wonderble three eighty two for the three people who said no. If you walk outside and get with his raining is the deaser yo Kin Matt in AUGUSTA gooday, Matt, half your luck, mate. I know I didn't think it rain as the bomb forecast said it would rain. These forecasts have been ninety eight percent wrong all year. I don't know that ninety eight is a big number, Matt, I don't know that's rain. And Rob from managersaid, I'm going to shark I'm going. I'm going to Shark Bay on Sunday. Anyone up there can tell me how much rain is around. Thanks. Rob said the word rain a lot today. Ben Jakovic is next, he'll come in. We're talking sport, we're talking life. Good game in footy last night, wasn't it Bomber's real really really good against the Brisbane lines Jacko. After the ten o'clock news, Eric's semestis today, Eric, I wanted to say thanks to the double passy Steve Kilby and the amazing gang of w W. A musician at the Milk Bar last night. Took my wife along. Both really enjoyed. At the church hits were a highlight. The whole show was great. Steve's wholsoon, great Yarns introduced the tunes and the audience is hanging off for Iver. You Worth. The inclusion of the violin and the cello was an absolute master stroke. Thanks again. You are most welcome America. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You're the perfect bloke to win it. Put me down for a yes on the rain, so Eric knew it was going to rain. He's been listening to six PR after the ten o'clock news Glen Jackovich on Sport.
Speaker 1: On Perth six PR, This is Perth Today with Simon Beaumont.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening in. I'm Simon Beaumont and here until one o'clock today. We've got sport with Jacko coming up in that just a moment and the Mers Magical Mystery Tour continues after twelve o'clock today when Chris Murphy comes in. Thanks for your correspondence on scooters on e scooters, This one's from cole Toe Cole. I was at the ice Specialist in mandra a while back. I saw a youth coming towards the place and he wrote his e scooter through the self opening doors into the waiting room. Then he hit an elderly lady. So I grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and threw him out the door. Another gent threw his scooter into the bushes. Whoof that mess with Cole Police are call, but I was being treated at the time. They had put him in the scooter in the van that was the last we saw of him, it says call So I had a lot of correspondents come through on this, Jacob says. The past twenty years and not so young. We're doing tricks jumps with BMX bicycles and little scooters in the street and pavements. I do not understand the issues were e scooters? Well, Jacob, they're supposed to go twenty five k's an hour, mate, and they go forty fifty, sixty, seventy eighty. That's the issue. And Pete sent us in his video of the coppers in Queensland chasing the guy doing one hundred k's an hour, chasing him on police bikes. Did you know it was going to rain? The yeses are fifty one. The those are four. Parry Paris says Hi Parry. I knew it was going to rain when I asked, Siri, and Eddie says on he was going to rain. Cats and dogs today went outside and I stepped in a poodle, says Eddie. Let's do this.
Speaker 33: Oh.
Speaker 34: And now a player who Dave Wood for South Prey Mattle at sixteen played his fiftieth Blopeall game at eighteen. Dule AFL Premiership player Alan Jakovic's brother Glenn.
Speaker 35: Jakovic web and left good morning, Simon, good to see you, always good to see you.
Speaker 2: We spoke to the president of the South Cooge Junior Football Club yesterday. They've got they've got new lights, but they're not turned on Western Power and turn them on yet, so we had a chat to him yesterday. Do you have any paraphernalia? Do you have a metal named after you? Down at South Kooge that's where you played?
Speaker 33: Yep, I do, and it's where I started as a kid with following my older brother Gary and Allen. First at Russell Road, South Ge where my second school got bordozed right, Yes, so that over will still there. They play soccer on that open and summer cricket. The chain rooms are still there.
Speaker 2: They painted it okay white, Okay, it stands out.
Speaker 33: And then we moved to Sandwich Park in nineteen eighty six and then they had some massive growth south of obviously the kerg Biley area with high residential.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a housing year.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, we had to.
Speaker 33: Borrow players and I had to play four games a weekend under eights, under tens, under twelves, under fourteens, did you an armpied on under sixteens fifty cents a quarter?
Speaker 30: I got two bucks. That was the great days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were good though. Now do you have a medal named after Yes? I do, I do and medal.
Speaker 33: I've gone back a few times and coached against them when I was at the Applecross Hawks, and I think I coached against them five times and I won all five ye and I got a little bit spieful, you know.
Speaker 30: So yeah, when I say spiteful young.
Speaker 33: Boys when they're twelve thirteen, they get a little bit of and bit of test and starts to building them. So yeah, it's good fun in other words. But yeah, they've got a medal named after me, but they don't have a photo of me in the clubrooms. And it's quite distressing because there's a photo of my brother and he doesn't have a medal named after him.
Speaker 2: So he's got a photo. He's got a photo, no medal, and you've got a medal and no foto.
Speaker 33: He's got a plark Melbourne Football Club, Alan Jacob the years he played at South Viginia and I've got nothing just so I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 30: So I'm glad they got no lights.
Speaker 33: Yeah, it sucked in, sucked in, but a great junior footy club too.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Glenn Jacob should have a photograph and a plark it's out, I believe yes, No, yes, that's a question, that's yes, no question, yes, no question. The good game of footy last night, We'll get to that in just a moment. Brisbane found a way to win and they will cover it. What about NAT five coming back straight in?
Speaker 33: Uh, well, we'll never questioned the internal runnings of football clubs. I guess preparing their players, they're the best at it right, So I state that quite clearly.
Speaker 30: But high risk is at high reward. I'm not sure.
Speaker 33: You know full respect to in that five what he's done to the game, and he'll be at a Hall of Famer. He's been an automatic Hall of Famer gun and a gun in his prime. I don't think there was a better player in his prime when he was up and running. You know, he's impact on ground and in the ground level football smarts. But the last couple of years the game has changed significantly that if you can't transition with pace and move forward to the ball and back, you're going to struggle to go week to week, and he has struggled to do that because his body has let him down and you know, the father times caught up with him. So this is a massive game. They're playing a very good side that transitions just as good as any team in the competition right now. To me, I'm not sure what role he plays. He struggled to play forward. He'll have a great presence, there's no doubting that, but we just wait and see. But I just feel that this has tried and not proven anymore within that given his body situation, he's inconsistency told up in big games or you know, in the latter part of his career.
Speaker 30: What about it about.
Speaker 2: Does he bring leadership?
Speaker 27: Though?
Speaker 2: Jacko is a former captain and a natural leader of that group. If you've got no Alex Peers, is that a fact that you think for Frio.
Speaker 30: Well then that's a blight.
Speaker 33: That's the coach and the telling the rest of the football club that they've got no leadership. That's if it's not Alex Pierce. We've got to get Nat Fife back in there. I mean, I think there's great leadership. Luke Jackson, I mean, are you saying that sarrong with Brashaw got no leadership.
Speaker 2: If it's a factor, well I don't.
Speaker 30: I don't think it is.
Speaker 33: I think across all lines, you know, the big Kahuna, Josh Tracy, I think he shows great leadership, Luke Jackson when he's in this role, that he's playing great leadership. They're back line Cox and.
Speaker 2: Dam right right? Sorry sorry sorry, Yeah, I always say that. The other Ryan bloke who's on the station all the time, Lukey.
Speaker 30: Right, Luke Ryan. I think they've got great leadership that's already there.
Speaker 33: So I hope I'm proven wrong and it's high risk, well no risk, but reward.
Speaker 30: And he gets through unscathed.
Speaker 33: But yeah, I would have preferred probably a couple of games at the Waffle and then bring him to a home game.
Speaker 2: So one double three eighty two is the phone number. Beev says, Yes, I knew it was going to rain. Thanks, Thanks Bev. Glenn Jakovic has enough photos and parks of Glen Jakovic in his own home, is Lee Is that true? I go to shry It, Nah, I'm going to Glen Jacovitch Ryan, Nah, I'm not allowed to.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 30: I did have, like, you know, a bit of memorabilia but.
Speaker 33: We painted the house a couple of years ago and I've never put a back up and I just it's passed that, you know, like I don't need it.
Speaker 30: Yeah, I can Selemnty if you want to. That's some good staff. That's a really good stuff.
Speaker 2: Hey, the AFL have come up with a West Australian state of origin team given we had the state of origin in the rugby league this year. Did you watch that the rugby to watch the league? Yeah?
Speaker 30: I missed it on Wednesday night because I wasn't he was on the plane coming back from Melbourne. Yeah, some commitments for.
Speaker 2: The The fellow named a West Australian AFL state of Origin team. So if you want to, if you want to have a guest listeners about who might be in that team. This is the current team and it's pretty good. The spine is pretty good. I'll go down the spine for you, JACKO fullback. Who do you reckon? Will be the full back for Western Australia. Sam Tayl Sam Tayler of course center half back played for West Coast On Germany in the In the midfield, Martin Cripps and Liam Baker who would be center half forward in a w A State of Origentine. You reckon, they got me Jesse Hogan arguably a full forward as well, and Aaron Norton in at full forward. So that's the spine.
Speaker 30: Yeah, I don't mind that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And Cameron Coniglia, Kenneglia Canelio and Chad Warner as the following midfielders. Give us a shout today, you reckon who should be in the current WA State of Origin team. We'll come back three o people. What do you think of a NAT five coming back in a little bit of a surprise because we knew how bad the injuredy was so good on American and anything you like this on your mind. I'm going to chat to Glenn about about Brisbane last night. Still that their best foot is still really really good foot, isn't it. They look like they the premiership hangover lasted the first week of the season. Now they are well and truly back and he can coach and they play for him. I reicon Chris Fagan sixteen past ten. If you'd like to speak to Glenn Jackoe Rich you can. Thanks Shaan being some structural changes at the AFL. I heard Brad Hardy talking to Milsy about it and Carl this morning. Glenn and I was listening to three Out yesterday leading into the game, and there's quite a bit of quite a bit of chat in Melbourne that maybe Jimmy Bartel will go and work for the AFL. Good player, has been on the board at GWS and might be the sort of front man and more respected to figure they might know and love. So it seems like they need a better spokesperson, doesn't it. The AFL.
Speaker 33: Yeah, I just I get the cynic in me saying well, is there a person in w A or South Australia that could fill that role like they do always go internally. I don't know. It's a Victorian centric and Jimmy Bartells a very polished speaker in the media. I think he's very forthright. He's got some great insights and very successful as a player as well. And he's been, you know, like you said, on the board of the GDWS Giants and so forth, so he's got the experience. But yeah, just the cynic in me. I know there's a number of people from an administrative pointer here in WA that should be headhunted too and be a bigger voice for Western Australian football. We're throwing football is not going that great. True, He's not going that great. So yeah, so there's.
Speaker 2: Plenty of players in the system, but our two local teams aren't going there. Well, I think financially we're probably self sustain and self reliant, aren't we. The two clubs are not the stadium, the deal.
Speaker 33: Yeah, but just remember the Westeruntralian Football Commission on the license of the two teams. And you've see what I'm doing here. They should be up here and the two clubs are.
Speaker 2: There's the other way around, yep, it is. It is the other way around here, the.
Speaker 30: Other way around. So so you.
Speaker 2: Were at AFL house this week where you made aware of the changes, just part of your all Australians.
Speaker 33: Yeah, we had dinner that night afterwards and we spoke a number of things about the game, the length of the game. You know, young people tuning in and tuning out. There's there's a fair bit of that. And you can only ask your teenage kids, and I asked mine. They're really enthralled in watching last night, But in Adelaide, West Coast last week they just watched quarter and went on their own things. Yeah.
Speaker 36: So that.
Speaker 33: I think that's something that you've got to listen to the next generation. I mean, you could watch West Coast and Adelaide replay after he would go home and watch it again and we know the result in the after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched all games, but you're right, my kids who played footy don't watch it anymore.
Speaker 30: But just going back to your state of origin.
Speaker 33: Thing I saw Mitchell Georgia artis he'd have been the starting a day for me. If you got Norton and Jesse Hogan three tolls, West Australia, three tools, the way they hit the contest, they would cause a few sides, a few problems. So I wouldn't be going leaving him on the bench because he is a gun player.
Speaker 2: He's sure, he's so. He's a shying lighter pulled out later at the moment, isn't he? Why do Brisbane keep finding a way to win land? Is that is that belief? Is that culture? Is that experience? Because they it's all the second second half of the last quarter, specialist, aren't they?
Speaker 30: It's all that.
Speaker 33: But look in twenty sixteen they were a basketcase in the competition. They said, Chris Fagan up there, they got some compensation picks, some support from the AFL, and to their credit, with good management, they turned it around and it took a little bit of time, but their last four or five years have been exceptional. Some good players, good you know, character players like Joey Dannaher. You'd watch him every day of the way because you don't know what's going to happen. He could stand on the goalpost and you know, or he could knock it over, or he could kick ten or you could go and sit in the crowd and watch foot himself.
Speaker 2: So Charlie Cameron, Charlie Cameron, you.
Speaker 33: See what a pluggage starts a bitch you have very own. Hopefully he gets back and he's all okay, Brandon that is, but yeah, I mean lucky Neil two brown lows. He's going, He's just humming along. So yeah, from Brisbane's point of view, I really enjoyed how they I really enjoyed watching Essendon last night. I really thought that the young players stood up. Caddy's going to be a superstar. They really took it right up to the reigning is Chris Fager would have some concerns even though you know they're culturally they're good. They understand each other, that the relationship within. They talk very highly of the coach. But this season's a marathon and you know they've got some kings in their armor. They've got a sort out and this is the period now because everyone's coming at them and Collingwood and notably their bulldogs are looking dangerous.
Speaker 30: Gold Coast don't write them off.
Speaker 33: People won't pick them just because they've never played finals. But Geelong you can have a deny and then you've got Adelaide sitting forth on the ladder with a very good run home. I think they lock in a top four position if they consolidate their home games.
Speaker 30: They got West Coast.
Speaker 33: Here, they've got a few gettable games away, they're going to be hard to push out. So I don't know how Geelong get in the Bulldog.
Speaker 2: So it's it's going to be a tight race to make the eight Glen.
Speaker 33: If I don't win this weekend. They don't that that's where they've themselves in this situation. But they've proven to us. They went to MG Stadium, never won there before and really demolished, demolished the Giants. Didn't beat them, they demolished them, They exposed them. So you know then the captain not there, he gives them that stability down back. But you know one goes out, another foot soldier's got to come in and stand up. And I think Freeman I've.
Speaker 30: Got the depth.
Speaker 33: I would have liked to say, you know, an opportunity given to another player than Nat Fife given where their list profile is and what they're trying to achieve.
Speaker 30: But they need to win this game.
Speaker 2: It's a really important to them, Glenn. What about start five in the back line that him attack the ball always enjoyable? Jackoss, Brian from Hamsley. Thanks Brian, No, no, so you just said it. It's a must win for Freo that comes in from Luke. You might have buried the lead there are you Are you espousing and advocating for shorter games of AFL football? Glenn, Yeah, I think so, yeah, Yeah, tell me more.
Speaker 33: I just think the injury toll, spectator appeal, the combination of that and the intensity of the game.
Speaker 30: We're asking so.
Speaker 33: Much of the players to do so much in that period of time. I think it needs to really be looked at because the umpire now before you used to you know, it's just it's go, go go. When the ball up is he picks you and picks you and then throws it up and within two or three seconds. So the intensity of the players is being asked a lot of in that, you know, twenty minutes plus time on. I think the game needs to shorten by a good five minutes across the quarters. How they do that and how they look at it, I think it's something that needs to be reviewed at the end of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, you heard that first from Glenn Jakovic. What do you think, listeners, Glenn saying five minutes per quarter reduction. So that's overall overall, five minutes overall.
Speaker 35: Overall as a minimum. Yeah, as a minimum. Okay, not each quarter, but overall. No, yeah, all right, no, Rys, let's see what that is.
Speaker 33: Well, twenty minutes turns into one. There was one game the other night the court. I think the Bolldogs in the Geelong game, because there's a lot of goals. We went for thirty five minutes. It's thirty five minutes you're on the ground. That's a lot of time for one quarter. Times happened be fall. Yeah, it's not gonna happen every time, but it does take its toll as the year that the season's too.
Speaker 30: Long for my liking. I don't like these buyers.
Speaker 33: In the middle of the round. There six game, six games, six games that y're on off zero round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, one double three a eaty two. I liked. Have a chat to Glenn today, anything you like. Eagles did, Brian says, the Eagles boys did pretty well against l a considering the Rucks were thrashed West Coast.
Speaker 33: Glenn got a lot of work to do simon. For a first half, they were really in the game and the Crows were. We broadcast the game here on A to eighty two and Brad Hardy raised it a couple of times. You could see that the Crows were just playing like the Humlo Trotters a little bit, and you know, they flicking the ball over there and tapping it around and hand all over your head, and it was into turnover. West Coast just didn't know how to capitalize on it. Good first quarter Brady hofkicks their first goal and a couple of nice transitions apply, but then when Adelaide put the foot down, West Coast went into turnover footy, and yeah, it was. It was tough to watch in that second half of them, but it's it's you know, they got to take the wins quarter by quarter, but they've got to reduce the deficits. They can't be losing by you know, an average losing margin. I think sixty seven points are adelaid over for the last six games, so I think they were lost by sixty sixty six. That's eleven goal. It's eleven goal thumping. And the Rock situation is, look, they're battled manfully, really well. The two ruckmen in recent weeks where they got their win, they lost their Essendon by two points, but when they come up against quality, they just get absolutely done.
Speaker 2: Over Glen, where were you standing when Peter Wilson kicked that goal over his head the cork in the ocean?
Speaker 14: Go?
Speaker 2: Where were you standing? Did we see something comorable? It's night from Nate Caddy?
Speaker 30: How good was that?
Speaker 2: It was really good? Yeah, that's a great So that was a team goal, wasn't it.
Speaker 33: That was just like in the park with your mates planking of the pack and you go, you know, this is what you do that under their team rules. Now you've got to give that off what's in front and center and he's just gone, No, I'm just going to do what I do, and that's that's why people loved it. You know, it's entertaining. Whereas I I was at center off back playing on Barry stonem so I was glad it was at that end because it was a crucial gay stage of the third quarter where the Peter material show started to you know, unfold and I reckon. It was a delay in goals for about four or five minutes. No one kicked a goal. Day threatened, we threatened, ball up, ball up, and then Peter Wilson goes, I'm just going to kick it over my head and he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cork in the ocean, like a cork in the ocean. Hello Dennis, if you're listening, it's a twenty eight minutes past ten. If you'd like to speak to Glenn jackoebitch, you can one double three A Daddy two. We're a talkback station. We are a talkback program. Hayden says, I'm twelve and I like your show very much that I'm listening from Perth. Thank you. Hey, are good to hear from you today. Yeah, get in touch, have a have a chat to us if you will. This one here Jacko your team years and not because they used to be. They'll never win a premiership in the next fifty years. I reckon, says James. Fifty years is a lot. James, sorry, fifty years is long. Takes a lot.
Speaker 30: I don't think that would.
Speaker 2: Would you be one hundred and fifty, one hundred and two, yeah, fifty two, Yeah you are, yes, I'll bee hundred and two. Yeah.
Speaker 30: We used to be doing this.
Speaker 2: We will, yeah, I reckon, we will. I reckon we will. Yeah, I'll be one hundred and twelve. That's it right, with a good Mediterranean diet, in fresh produce from the from the market.
Speaker 30: Garlands garden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, half ten. We'll come back in just a moment. Give us call one, double three, eight eighty two as we we'll go out with this. This is Adam A. Papalia's call on the goal last night, the Nate Caddy goal. You may have seen it. Is it a contender for a goal of the year. There's a listen to see what Adam Pappleyer thought of it.
Speaker 36: Roberts blast a high ball in Caddy at the spill.
Speaker 2: It's Gresham who tries to roam it.
Speaker 36: He goes from the impossible angle, crossed it back to the square.
Speaker 34: Over his head.
Speaker 8: Caddy kicks the girl, scores our level.
Speaker 36: Incredible stuff from the young essenonce star and over the head goal from the forward pocket. He is pumped up. Chris Fagan can't believe it. No one can believe it. But the Bombers are starting to believe it.
Speaker 35: Adam Pappley is the very good call and you know what, it just crept into our game, which is good.
Speaker 30: I think it's really good.
Speaker 33: I think it went to the coach's box at that time and bred Scott was laughing, you know, at an intense moment, scores a level. What great commentary by PABs. But the coach is going, did he actually just do that? And I think it's refreshing. I think, you know, like in Nowaday, if you did that, missed, just start walking to the bench, just start walking, run to the bench of the bars. And I understand that because the team rules are and you set them in stone and so forth. But I think there's been a leniency with that because we want the entertainers to entertain. I mean what he showed Caddy last night strap in for the next ten or twelve years.
Speaker 2: This kid's nineteen, isn't it.
Speaker 27: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How good I enjoyed that.
Speaker 33: I enjoyed the commentary, and I enjoyed the vision going to Brad Scott when he turned and he looked to his assistance and they just had a little chuckle in the box because that's an intense environment and when you can have moments like that, I think in the viewership it's so refreshing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big time. I'm Adam Papalie. Perhaps if you're listening, it's McDonald's, it's not Mick. Back in a sec.
Speaker 12: There's been a vehicle roll over at Rockingham Road northbound at Thomas Road in Quanana Beach. The left lane has been closed by police. Ambulance is on site. Vehicle in a left hand emergency lane, motor Star out of the vehicle. Traffic is now flowing. Mitchell Freeway is flowing well. Kranana Freeway northbound slower around ankatell Roe Graham Farmer Freeway, Nodalay is their Northbridge Tunnel moving well in both directions. I'm James keys On Perst Traffic lead at six PR.
Speaker 2: We're just talking about the West Australian State of Origin team. The AFL have put one out Glenn and Simon. I think Aaron Norton is the best full forward for Western Australia they could choose. He's not reliable at kicking gold and'd rather see someone like either Jake Wardoman, Darcy Foggerty and possibly Ben ben King. Jake Wardoman is in the team. He's in the team, but he's not playing in the position.
Speaker 33: With Aaron, Thank you mate. He's best when he's like the third talk your third ford, not the main ford, and you've seen that his role at times at the Bulldogs where he's really excelled. He hasn't had that consistency, but he always threatened he's going to break a game open and take those marks and you know he's Goalkicking is obviously something of concern. He hasn't got the best accuracy rate, but still a very good player. I'd have him in my starting lineup.
Speaker 2: Rick says he's a Frio fan who's three boys played at South kog Get on your Rick. It's ironic that Will Brody doesn't get a game due to his lack of speed, but Nathan Fife does.
Speaker 33: It's a very good point. It's a very good point. But he was still command a good opponent at five. But that opponent will be told one simple instruction in transition, you go like the clappers, and you'll have a plus one four to the ball when they're attacking. Can that keep up with him? Can he be accountable or will he be throwing his opponent to someone else to pick up and that you can't.
Speaker 30: Afford to do so?
Speaker 2: Is there still a still room in the modern game, Jacko for the clean hands, the big inside ball. Oh, definitely, because that's what he That's what he potentially is, isn't he.
Speaker 33: But in his prime he did that and then his follow up it was a second and third effort where he got chain of possessions or there was another option going forward. He can't do that anymore. That's that's totally understandable. It's not a critique. It's just, you know, his body can't do that anymore. You know, at his age and what he's given to the game and what he's absorbed the punishment over the years of you know, just that compounding effect. And you look at Patrick Cripps is going really really well, you know, the brown low last year, but just started to see signs with himself because he's carrying that side himself with you know, with a little bit of support. But the Carnton have really struggled to you know, support some great players that they have.
Speaker 30: Their four best players.
Speaker 33: Are as good as any four and or their four to six as good as any other four to six in the other seven eight clubs.
Speaker 2: So is that weitering crips kerno? Who's the fourth? Who's the fourth?
Speaker 25: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There's the four there, Yeah there is four? Who's the fourth best player? Come one? Double three? Added to Simon's phoned in, Hello Simon, good.
Speaker 37: Good eay boys, Just a question on free well with Jacko says that they probably will lose tomorrow, but that's hypothetical. Six and five. How can we already lost five games this year and still looking forward to having success at all throughout this year, which is very doubtful when you look at the top eight and I think four of the coaches the top eight have already run premierships. Now does that tan you? So Freemantle should be chasing the horse, whether a hard edged experienced coach to take them to the promis Land.
Speaker 33: It's a good question one that Simon people are always asking, given that free mat or not in the eight of the minute, and they've had their inconsistent start to this season where there was a big expectation, a big season launch, no more excuses from their from their chairman of their football club. You know, we've heard all the you know they want to be the first team, this team, this group of guys to win the first ever premiership for freemt That's really good to internalize. I'm not sure if you make that a public comment. As consistent as they have this year for the very reason when it blows.
Speaker 2: Up, they blow up.
Speaker 33: But it's gone really south and they've hardly featured in the top eight this year. During the course of you know, the drop that game against Sydney which they should have won obviously, the same killer game, we're all just scratching our heads and then they go do what they do up at NG Stadium.
Speaker 30: So the point is from Simon getting a hard edge coach.
Speaker 33: If he doesn't make the finals this year, I don't you know, that'll give him six years that he's bet at the helme. I think this is this year and he's got that workplace agreement. Do they go a seventh with him? And generally the rule of thumb, you've got seven years to build your own team, develop your own style, develop players and you know, take on the competition to win that premiership. They reckon within seven years. If you haven't done it, then time to look elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Yep, thanks Simon, thanks for your court mating and running for court call of the day. Walsh is probably Sam. He's an a greadtor, isn't it.
Speaker 30: Yeah, maka MacKaye when he's on on Q.
Speaker 33: So they got there, you go through that. I mean you've got Blake Acres, he's X three a but chera. I'd have Cherr in that group. So there's six or seven deconing there. Six or seven is the best, as good as any in their competition.
Speaker 2: Brisbane went last week by eighteen points. Let's go through Glenn Jakovitch's tips for the weeks folks, if if we can and we do have a yeah, no JACKO for you today, JACKO tonight. Collingwood versus Hawthorne second versus six.
Speaker 30: Yeah, don't you go for the Pies.
Speaker 33: They've been up for a long time, the Hawks have They They just getting found out a little bit. They just we're a little bit off last week against the D's. I can't go past Colinwood given the fact that their form is winning. Form is good form, as they say, Simon. So the Pies for me in a a in a you know, a much anticipated game tonight.
Speaker 2: People's People First Stadium on the Gold Coast. This is tomorrow at eleven twenty Glen Gold Coast Sons versus Free.
Speaker 33: Oh, I can't believe the I shouldn't speak about it but sports. But you know there're one thirty nine, the Sons at home. Yeah, they're just doing a lot right, the Sons and kicking good scores. So I'll tip the Sons at home because that's why they're third on the ladder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're good for their best foot is good. GW is the Giants versus Richmond X versus sixteenth. This is at Enjie Stadium.
Speaker 30: Yeah, Giants for me and that one.
Speaker 2: Yep, Giants for Jacko Sidney versus Adelaide at the SCG.
Speaker 33: Yeah, Adelaide going his favorites and I'll stick with Adelaide. Their fourth on the ladder going really well. I don't think Fogginy'll have a game like he did last week. He was really well down. And Philthorpe, who was outstanding. He's going to be one of the best big Key Fords in the cop Taylor Walker if he plays, he was managed last week. The midfield, their back line is strong Sydney just the Ford line is. They struggle to keep goals, so whilst their midfield is held up by two players in Warner and Heeney missing Errol Gordon Sydney. I think they lose this one. They don't make the eight, all right. So you're Adelaide and Crows for me, grows for you, Melbourne sent Kilda. There's no, there's no, it's no coincidence that Gornon, Petrarca and Oliver are back and Melbourne back. You found what they aren't they?
Speaker 30: Yeah they are.
Speaker 2: They're playing Saint Kilda eleventh versus fourt eighth, playing in our springs.
Speaker 30: Well, they spoke about.
Speaker 33: Their reset as an organization, as a football team and a football club, and we were asking that when they was zero on fire, but they certainly turned it. They need to keep winning to put that pressure on to make the you know, the top eight. Saint Kilda not for me. So Melbourne win this game in this is in Alae Springs. So yeah, they haven't had a happy hunting ground there. Freeman or Belton them by ninety two once there last year, so seeing killed it, well, you don't know what you can expect from him, So you've got to stay with consistency and I'm sticking with Melbourne.
Speaker 2: West Coast Eagles versus Geelong and at here in Perth.
Speaker 33: Yeah, well, do to the West Coast Eagle supporters to hang tough with their football team averaging over still forty thousand people. Some of the top four six sides in Melbourne are not getting that in their home game, so they can't say they're fair weathered Eagle supporters. Times are tough and this is where you dig in and turn the turnstiles and go and barry for your side. Archie Reid, good to see him back, obviously a straight swap for Jake Waterman Bailey Williams manage. That's really interesting that one. Bo Allen, good to see him back and job Shanahan gets an opportunity so that we're looking forward to seeing that young fella.
Speaker 2: All that they choose. You're picking the cats, are you Cat's too strong?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right. Glenn Jacke, which is his tips and he was correcting last night's tip as well. He did tip Brisbane, So what on Glenn the Pies, the Pies Greater with Sydney g W S g W as adelaide, the d's and the cats. That's Glenn's tips for this week and Suns and the sons and abbreviated rounds because of the because of the diet of the buyer situation. We'll come back in just a moment fifteen and a half minutes to eleven with a yeah, no, Jacko, thanks listening in. Glenn. Jackovic has been with us since ten o'clock today. Big round of footy coming up this weekend. Three bags of ice, twelve bucks. Glenn.
Speaker 33: Well, you know it's a bargain because w a da you got the big derby down at Premo Oval or Community Bank Oval South taking on Asha Mantle and traditionally that used to be called the Foundation Day Derby. It was just the best buge in Waffle as well as the other East Perth and West Perth. But for us, you know that Foundation Day derby was just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great. Yeah, it was both both the Freemantle teams going well in the Waffle. Glenn. Yes, no, yeah, no, Jacko. If that's okay, just yes, no answers Glenn if you will, And that's every week unless I ask you to expand on it, and.
Speaker 30: I answer it exactly the way you say.
Speaker 2: The biggest travesty in the biggest travesty in Wa sport is that there's South Cooge Junior Football Club does not have a photo of Glenn Jackovic in their clubrooms. Yes, having a medal named after you is overrated. The best player to ever run around in a South Coogee Junior Football Club jumper is Allan Jakovic. Yes, the best players shine through with the football. Yes, rain predicted on Sunday night, it might be only West Coast Eveles players family that go to the game against the Cats. No, no, they'll go. They'll turn up, won't they. South and East Fair hit first and second on the ladder, making the Monday's Wada clash the most hyped up clash in recent history.
Speaker 30: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now these are recordings to Cane Corns, all right, So Cane Corns is this week, and I'll he's just come out and talked about all the things he thinks are overrated. So I want Glen Jackovitch's opinion. The NRL state of Origin is overrated. No, Caine Reckons it is. The boxing day test is overrated. No, the Senor Hobart yacht Race is overrated. No, Cane you hesitated there, Cane corns is overrated. Yes, the Freuur docors of medical staff will need to bring extra tape for when five returns. No, the captain should never be wrested from AFL games. Yes, humorcluggage, we would go close to being the best midfielder at any club. Yes, WA state of origin team as named by the AFL would still get pumped by the big V. No, Nate Caddy is the next Wayne Kerry or No, current day Glen, current day Glen Jackovic. So that's you sitting over there, fifty two. You would tie up Nate Caddy. Yes, I don't notice.
Speaker 35: You were very very You're heading to Kara, Yes, I am going up there for the twenty second Nicol Bay Billfish Classic, which I host.
Speaker 33: It's a fishing competition, to catch and release competition fifteen kilogram line. So I host the three days and we'll go out to the Alchipelagoes Dean Cox Country and we will fish and we'll catch some nice billies, I hope. So black marlin and salefish is the competition and it's going to be twenty eight degrees and hopefully I catch a billy. That's that's my just ambition to catch one or two billies and release.
Speaker 2: Have you caught a billfish?
Speaker 33: Yes, yeah, I've caught a black Marlon and a number of billfish. But last year I got duck eggs. I was really poor fisherman last year and I dropped a few and my technique was real poor. So they've already reminded me on text message that you know, I need to bring my a game. So it's like, you know, I was very good to be able, but I'm going to the MCG. I need to perform out at the Alchipelagoes and damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right mate, well done, Thank you for today. We're lucky to have you. Enjoy the weekend.
Speaker 30: We need them for our ky when there.
Speaker 2: There might be a little bit more expensive in Caratha, but yeah, three bags vice twelve bucks means there's an event on Any event's a good event. Thank you, Glenn. Thanks Brittan mate. Well done Glenn Jakovic. We're lucky to have Glenn every Friday. We will be on air on Monday too with Perth. Today we do work public holiday, so be around for that and we'll have a sports segment for you then to go through the weekend's footing. Now we're getting a story of Facebook which is which is a bit jarring and a bit concerning. There's a couple of them, a couple of almost domesticated pet pelicans up at Calbarry on the foreshore that are fed by the local tourism bureau or the tourist center. And there's a story on Facebook which we are trying to confirm that the pelicans up at Calbarry may have been may have come to grief courtesy of some human intervention. Now we're trying to confirm that. I'm hoping it's not true. It is a story that is on Facebook that a couple of pelicans from the Cawberry foreshow have been knocked off by some humans. We're trying to I'm hoping that we can confirm that that's not true, because that's not great. If it is, we'll come back in just a moment. That's from the Cawberry Info notice board. It's with a very heavy heart so on post of informat community. Two of our precious pelicans were killed and their headless bodies are found yesterday between the Allen Center and VMR, which I'm assuming is Volunteer Marine Rescue. The authorities in RSPCA, have you notified anyone saw something suspicious Wednesday night or Thursday morning? Please come forward. The people involved are pure evil and hopefully be caught and held accountable. We'll bring you that information. Hope it's not true, but it certainly sounds and looks and feels like it may be true, which is which is awful. Why yeah, why do you do that? It's six and a half minutes to eleven. We're running a satyria. Yes, no question today? Did you know? Did you were? You're aware that it's going to be raining today? The yes is are fifty five and knows a four back In a second, one of our listeners is said, in enough Docker knocking, the Eagles are worse than last year. Look, I agree with that. I agree with that sentiment. I absolutely one hundred percent believe and I agree with that we I guess the commentators on the station do go hard on Freo because we thought this was going to be a year where the window was open, whether in the premiership frame it was only a couple of years ago, two years ago, though, were you know, the finished fifth or fourth with forty five seconds of the season. It goes that might be why that is, But I absolutely agree. I think I think West Coast are worse than what they were last year. That's bloody hard to watch them, no doubt about that. One win on when what is it out of ten games this season? Eleven games this season? I absolutely agree with that. One double three eight two is the phone number? Did you were you're aware that it's going to be raining over the next couple of days. The yeses are fifty five the nose of four. Clearly that's a satirical take on things. The Bureau of Meteorology, you're doing a press conference today, the partner of Feire and Emergency Service doing a press conference today, Adrian Warner, has done a press conference telling us that it's going to be wet and we need to drive with our lights on and be careful. And yes, of course that goes with that saying. But does seem to us, to me at least, that we seem to be very very what's the word obsessed with the fact that it's a range today? One double throat to Kevin Reckons, that wasn't our best question meant to be a Friday joke question, keV. Thanks for listening though, mate. We spoke about Moon yesterday. Moon is the mum dolphin in the Swan River Canning Park, So moons, but the river guardians have put a post up on Moon, the resident female dolphin who died a couple of days ago, and a calf passed away. So I'll do this quickly. It looks like the little calf was either stillborn or died almost immediately after birth at a congenital deflect defect congeneral of his tail couldn't swim, so that's why the river guardians saw Moon propping the baby dog the calf dolphin up, trying to get her around the place Moon. It suggests that moondove from sepsis, which is a severe systemic infection and probably caused by a tear in Moon's uterus after she gave birth. So now she did have a lump on her back which appeared in April twenty twenty four. But that is just a sort of scene. There's a small pocket of pass in the muscle, so just letting you know on the dolphins there is that's the outcome of the post mortem was conducted on Moon and the calf which died a couple of days ago. And that is with big thanks to doctor Stevens who did in the cropsies courtesy Deeper and Mourdock University. So sort of bringing up to date with that, we are bringing the cow Berry Tourism Bureau. I know we talk about wildlife and animals a fair bit on our show, but where it's because we care about them. Looks like the two pelicans have been killed on the foreshore of Cowberry. It's no good erin. We're going to talk to you after the news. If that's okay, we'll have a quick chat.
Speaker 27: So we'll.
Speaker 2: Erin was in Calbery recently with the grandkids, and we'll tell us about the pelicans. Stay listening eleven o'clock now, I'm Simon Beaumont. This is Perth Today.
Speaker 1: On Perth six PR. This is Perth Today with Simon Beaumont.
Speaker 2: He thanks your company you today. Appreciate it. Rain. I wonder what it was, says Jim. Thank goodness, the bureaucratic agencies have kept me informed. Thanks Jim. Yeah, it was meant to be a satirical question today yes, no question. Where you're where it's going to rain? Carolyn says, I knew it was going to rain when some ducks turned up to the lake in our local park of us morning. Thank you very much, Carolyn, Greg says rain. I won't believe until I hear a lot of press conferences about it. It's just rain, says Greg. Thanks for your question today, and Brendan says, wait, the yes no question was satirical question. Mart does I get a send off today before she goes on maternity leave for baby Ethereal Simone? When she's coming back, she's funny, she's funny, Brennan, I don't know. I don't know when she's coming back. I've worked with a lot of women over the years, and some say I'm coming back, so I want to come back to work. I love work, and they do do that, and others say, no, I really like having babies and I'm going to keep having babies and stay at home forever. So it's a very very individual decision, isn't it, And it's always different for different people. But AND's here for a few more weeks. Brendan, thank you, mate. It is eight minutes past eleven, going to talk about the Pelicans in Cowberry in just a second. But we noticed the story this morning that the city of South Perth have finished their underground power, so that pretty much concludes that. I'm aware of the underground the targeted underground power program, so there's been a number over the years. The state government subsidized targeted underground power program concluded last year in twenty twenty four, So around about sixty percent of Perth homes have underground power residential homes, so that means another three hundred and fifty thousand homes NWA at last count still don't have underground power. They have overhead power, and it's not going to be funded by the state government anymore. It'll be down to you as the ratepayer or the landlord and the local government. So let me know, if you don't have underground power and you're looking to get it, what is council saying to you? How much is it going to cost? Where are you are you getting underground power? Have you got a letter? And how much will it cost? Is at three thousand and six ten thousand bucks. Because this will now be foisted onto residents and local governments. I think the state in out of the underground power program. So around about sixty percent of WA residential homes. Perth residential homes now have underground power. But do you not have it? And how much are you being told that it's going to cost to your South Perth? Just finish their program. So the heavy Heart we bring you this story. We think the pelicans in A couple of pelicans in Calberry have been knocked off erin. Thanks for hanging on.
Speaker 38: How are you hi, Simon, I'm quite distressed after reading that this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I haven't been at Calberry for a few years. The pelicans are on the foreshore, are they they're fed by volunteers, local volunteers.
Speaker 14: I think that's right.
Speaker 38: Yes, every morning it's quarter to nine, I think it is the Yeah, a volunteer comes down and the pelicans come in and they explain the history of the pelican feeding there, how it started. And then yeah, usually four to eight come in. Sometimes there's less, times there's more.
Speaker 2: And you've been there with your grandkids.
Speaker 38: Yes, we're up there just a fortnight ago. We took them up. We've been going up for years. We took our children up and then yeah, we just holiday up there a fortnight ago with the grandchildren and yeah, took them down to the Pelican scening and they witnessed it for their first time. So yeah, very sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well if you're upset, they will be as well. Or how old are they.
Speaker 38: Erin, oh, ten and seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well they maybe they don't need to know straight away. How are you so this is just information? You sent this information to us. You saw it on the Facebook page, that's right, Yes.
Speaker 38: It was on the Calberry noticeboard Facebook page.
Speaker 2: I saw it, so yeah, yeah, all right, well thanks for sending it in. It's an awful story, isn't it.
Speaker 38: Oh it's heartbreaking. It just makes you wonder why someone would do such a adhurrent.
Speaker 2: Thing, you know, especially fair especially they're a little bit domesticated and tamed, and you know, which means they'd be trusting.
Speaker 38: If people, right, they are, that's it. They're very trustworthy. I mean, they do keep their distance from people, but you know, at the same time, if someone's got a bucket of fish, they think they're going to get fed, I suppose.
Speaker 2: But yeah, for sure, Yeah, yeah, all right, Erin, thanks for chatting to us, Thanks for setting us.
Speaker 38: Thanks Simon, good on you.
Speaker 2: Thank you Erin was up there two weeks ago with her grandkids who are ten and seven, saw the pelican feeding and it looks like two of them have been knocked off according to the Facebook information noticeboard. So we have have called telephoned our friend Lou Rowe at the RSPCA. They haven't heard a blue hasn't heard anything, which he's following it up. We've spoken to the visitor center that they're still waiting on conform. So this has appeared, This has appeared on Facebook, but we don't know any more than what we've been able to relate to you today. That's it's so good, isn't it. The seal down Albany comes to mind every now and then people just all awful to you know, local wildlife that is that you know has a relationship with people in the towns. It's terrible. Hey, one level three A two underground power? Have you have you had a letter from the council. Are you getting underground power at your joint? The state government have pulled back now on the program. They had six different tranches of the program, but I think it finished in last year. City of South Perth have just done their own thing. Maylands have Maylands have finished doing underground power as well. It's called the Targeted Underground Power Program and it is no more. It's now up to councils and residents to pay for underground power. Is my understanding? Yeah, give us a call one level three A d are getting underground power and how much is it going to cost you as a as a resident. Just a developing story, Max.
Speaker 1: Perth six PR's story.
Speaker 2: Thank you Max. An update from the court, So the sentencing for the trio of Woodside protesters will not happen today. We're hearing from our court reporter that one of the defense lawyers was unprepared, not sure which one, and so the court room has only heard this pretendising submissions and arguments. So this is the sentencing, not that they have already pleaded guilty. The senencing will go ahead on Friday of next week. Disrupt borup Hub protesters did gather outside the court to protest the Northwest Shelf decision. We will watch that with interests. So Talia, Jerd and Jesse don't know their fates, don't know what the sentence is at this stage. Could I Roscoe.
Speaker 13: There we go?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 31: You would having been in Newman, you would have of the past latening and you know, just had a queue, yes on your way driving up new That's where those pelicans go to breed every year, apparently, so they wait for the rain and then they know the rain gets there and then they go over there when that lake fills out, because you know, it's only for three or four months of the year, they go over there and bread and then they head back to Calbery apparently.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 31: Okay, And and the other thing was I do know where here remember or not, but the black swans were speared for the airport way back in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 31: The airport, well, it used to be where three and four are yep, and it wasn't even too story now. That's back in the days of the orbit in and they used to have a pond there and these black swans were in the pond and someone came in and speed them overnight.
Speaker 2: I do remember the pond and I remember seeing the swans. I remember that very clearly, vividly. They were attacked to with they I didn't know that.
Speaker 31: Yeah, well, yeah, yeah, they were speared one night. I don't know whether they got more or or not, but yeah, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks Roscoe. Roscoe, I remember doing a story a couple of years ago about a pelican being founded at a if something like Laverton or Meeka Tharah Airport sort of drifted drifted through on the winds. But yeah, so they go in land to breed, do they yeah, mate, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 31: And if you if you're like you know, being a rocket, are more canannable, you would see the ones that go into and Munda John Road there. Yeah, they're like an albatros. Mate, they get up there and they don't actually have to fly. Yeah, massive windspring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just saw in the third winds. Yeah, I have seen those, mate, out that you're you're right out the back of Oakford Steak Hill Road, belldivas out the back there, you see you see you see heaps them out. Yeah, thanks Roscoe, cheers mate. I appreciate that, and I think the Yeah, we're still trying to find out little bit more about the pelicans being killed at cal Berry. People remember Sammy the Seal being hurt down at Albany and killed down in Albany. You know, it wasn't that long ago that people poisoned some dolphins at Aqua and Hillaryes. Remember that that's where the dolphin statues are there these days, one of my friends LDP is saying that North Perth residents are being asked to shell out five thousand bucks per household for underground power. Thanks LDP, seventeen minutes past eleven. Love to hear from you today. Sad passing this week the family patriarch of the Cardilly family. The Cardilly family have been involved with fireworks and pyrotechnics since the eighteen eighties in Italy. We'll talk to Rob Cardilly because the family patriot, Jim Cardilly passed away eighty six on Monday, so we'll have a nice chat with Rob, who I reckon. He's a bit sad today with the passing of the of his dad and the family, the family patriarch, they bought fireworks out from Italy. Stay listening, Yeah, Karin has semesters. Good a Karin, Good morning Simon. We live in Doublevue. We've got a letter recently regarding on ground power and they've given given us an estimate of anywhere between two and ten thousand dollars, says Karin. So that's city's Stirling, isn't it Kriinn. Thank you for that, Kyle the Garbo get a Kyle. Plenty of pelicans up at Tamla Park tip if they want to replace the cawberry ones. Thanks Kyle. So that's out near Mindari and Brad from Jane Brooks says, let's not forget the Parkerville kookobar or Simon. Yeah, Brad, I do remember that. And you know that bloat the cook barro flew in and grab Loakes merely and he grabbed hold of it and dispatched it at the table. I think one double three eight two. Simon says, I actually suspected big raym is coming about a week before. The Weather Bureau called it as the black cockatoos. The rain birds were flying around squawking back then, as were the ravens the crows. When they appear a lot. When they appear a lot and they make a lot of noises, you know a big change is coming, says Simon. Yeah, so that's our yes. No question today are satirical question where you're aware that it was going to rain. The yes is a sixty one and the nose of five sad passing this week with a family patriarch of Cardillly fireworks. Jimmy Cardilly brought fireworks to Wa seventy years ago, passed away sadly, aged eighty six on Monday, and Rob Cardilly, from the Cardimi Fireworks joins us. Now, gooday, Rom, I'm sorry sorry to hear of your family passing.
Speaker 25: Thanks Simon. Yeah, it's never good and yeah, yeah, it's still a bit bit fresh for us all. You know, it's only been a few days, but we're getting through it.
Speaker 33: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I note with great interest that jim you pass his name on to one of your kids, didn't you.
Speaker 25: I did. Yeah, my son and who's also involved in the business, and he was so proud of his grandfather, and dad was off him. And Dad's got six grandkids in title and he loved them all dearly, you know. But yeah, it's just just it's the way things go. And you know, we we'll keep on going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate you talking to us today. Rob. It's been and andie's fairly fresh and raw for you. I was reading this morning. I had no idea that the Cardilli name goes back and fireworks and pyrotechnics as she goes back to the eighteen eighties in Italy.
Speaker 25: That's correct. Yeah, we're five generations, so great grandfather, grandfather, Dad, myself, and my son Jim.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 25: So, you know, in the early days, there wasn't much. The business isn't what it is today. Obviously things have developed and grown over the years and dad, Dad was very keen, as I remember as a kid, to push the push the industry here in Western Australia, to give fireworks throughout the state. And he wanted to give everyone. You know, I really, I really given that experience and he did it. And I can remember as a kid going all over the place with Dad, and I've got some really fond memories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, life will live, hey, And I hope I got this pronunciation right. He's he's great. His dad, your girl grandfather is a Gaetano. Is that he pronounced it, that's correct?
Speaker 25: Yeah, yeah, Gaetano?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so he was the same, right. He took him around as well.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 25: Gaetano came out from Italy and he learned his craft over in Italy. Over in Europe there's a lot of religious festivals and stuff, so that's where they sort of, you know, sort of learned their craft down in southern Italy. And then he came here my grandfather and they were working in Osmond Park. They had a market garden and my grandfather would go to the osten Park co Op on Main Street and buy the chemicals that he needed to make fireworks. So it's an interesting story, you know because back in the day they made everything and and you know, like my dad had, his life was not all roses because in the early days he was making black powder, you know, as the propellant for fireworks. And he had a big accident when he was making it, and he was three months and in the hospital he had skin grafts to his arms his arms, sorry, he pulled through that. He was eighteen at the time, and he kept on going. So, you know, his vision was so strong.
Speaker 2: I would imagine when Rob card Dely says, my granddad had a big accident and he's working working fireworks. That's a that's a big accident that involves an explosion.
Speaker 25: Yeah, well that's my dad. Sorry, but he was My dad was making black powder. Yeah, yeah, at eighteen years of age. So you know, he spoke about that. He didn't really bring it up a lot, but you know, it's you know, there's a lot of history that goes in behind it all, and you know, we're just so proud of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's ultimately how he's I did see the post on social media and that came through loud and clear. How proud of him was he just in the phone. It didn't like a really big blow, rob like a little blow.
Speaker 25: Little. It wasn't it wasn't true to all. He had a great sense of humor. He started out with the Osmond Park Agricultural Society. He went to them and he said, listen, I want to put firewoks on and they told him to go away. It was Ron Beaver actually. Then he went back the next year and Ron Beaver said, okay, we'll go in tonight and we'll give you. I think Mum and Dad. I think I can ask my mum, but I think it was like a shilling on the gate. It was something silly, you know, after six o'clock and Dad did it, and the crowds grew and everything grew and and you know, like Dad's went from there and built some really strong relationships and they're like family to us, Like the Royal Agricultural Society. Dad's been there for seventy years. You know, wanna ue osbrond Park show, the claim wont Speedway with the Migros, the it just goes on and on kelm Scott show, Cannington's Show. It's just it's just endless, all the all the Crown Western Strating Troding Association. Dad brought in the first fire works for New Year's Even perfect at Gloucester Park with Rob Bovale, you know, and it grew to be so big that they had to close the gates when I was in my teenage years because the crowds were so massive, you know, and everyone would go to the trots on New Year's Eve, you know, it was so big.
Speaker 2: And sorry, no, you're right. I was going to say, when when Gaetano was involved with fireworks in Italy, I'd imagine they've been very different to it. Because a lot of your stuff now is electronic timing and sequencing, a digital type work, which you know, for ignition sequencing purposes. I'd imagine it'll been very, very different in the eighteen eighties in Italy.
Speaker 25: It was even as a kid growing up, we all we still Dad fired to fireworks manually with what we called a portfoio, which was like it's like a long cigarette with a flame at the end. So and that's and that's what Dad knew. And it's only the last twenty odd years, I suppose, you know, all twenty five years that we've gone this other way with computers. And obviously it's it's just changed the industry one hundred percent, you know, so what you can do now, But you know Dad always was old school as well. And and five weeks for a funny industry, you need that bit of old school with you all the time. And you need the and you need the new, and you need and you mix it with the technology and you just create. You just create wonder in the sky, you know. And that's and that's what he did. And even until last week, my dad would we were talking. He was in Charlie Gardner's and we'd still talk a little bit of shop.
Speaker 37: A little bit, you know.
Speaker 25: We'd ask me about certain things and I'd tell him I'm going to a meeting and he and he wasn't well, but he was always you know, asking me what's going on and how we going And in his blood, it's just it's in his blood. It's just incredible, you know. I know we've all got dads and we all love them. Dearly and parents and siblings and it's but it just really hits his home, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, Hey, thanks for chatting this for today and again sorry for your loss. And it's exciting and I have I have heard you talk about the family connection, but I didn't realize it was so it was so long and the tradition started back in the home country, Rob, So take care, give give James Jimmy a cuddle for us and look after yourself. Thanks for chatting to us today.
Speaker 25: Thanks Simon, appreciate it. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Rob Cardilly from Cardilly Fireworks. How about that a family tradition in pyrotechnics back in the eighty and eighties, back in Italy. Wow about people, isn't it? Those relationships with people at Ossie Park a shilling too far off the fireworks at Ozzie Park back in the day. A lot of Italian people live around Ossie Park, A lot of concrete lions, a lot of concrete gardens. But yeah, the Osborne Park show. Hey, that's a big one. Was that always has been. It's twenty nine past eleven. We will come back in and just a moment. We would love to hear from you if you can tell us are you getting underground power and how was it going to cost you. It's going to cost more in the future because the state government have finished their targeted underground power program. Chris Murphy will join us after mid today. I've got a cracking topic for you. It's about the singers, singers, the pure singers that you may not have heard of. Mercec got his top five and I to ask you your singers. Singers, the singers that aren't big names but have gun voices. It's twenty nine and a half minutes to midday. Brian says virus a mess back in the day with Colin Barnett's Premier. You got a letter from him Hammersley project for underground power. I wrote back and said no way. It cost six thousand dollars back then, said Brian in Hamersley. Good suburb, Hamersley. Brian, thank you mate, one double three eighty two. We're going to speak to Brad Tucker in just a moment. Astrophysicists, We've got a couple of space stories for you. Curtin University scientists have discovered a mysterious flashing object at the center of the Milky Way. Mick Corlos. If you're listening and there's three large asteroids that if they make contact with this planet that could destroy entire cities, and they are they're hiding, they're crouching, crouching ty because hidden asteroids out there in the in the ether. Now, listeners, if I said to you that one of our listeners used to make his own fireworks, would you know who it was? Could you guess which one of our listeners makes his own fireworks? Who do you reckon? It would be? If you think it's the bloke who went to the wrong Glipoli one you're on Anzac Day with a mate went to glipping in Italy instead of Glipply in Turkey. You thought it was that bloke, you'd probably right. Gada lads, hello mate.
Speaker 39: When I went to school, my science teacher taught us how to make a bomb.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 39: And it's pretty simple. It's pretty simple. I probably don't need to say this, but it's just.
Speaker 13: It was zinc.
Speaker 39: And sulfur, sulfur, zinc and sulfur, Zinc and sulfur, you know, powdered zinc and sulfur, all right, And and I learned that at school. You did come home and and we make these rockets.
Speaker 18: Out of whatever.
Speaker 39: We found unbelievable. What school was this, lads, Oh well, this is Christian Brothers and Highgate.
Speaker 2: Oa, not very increasing, not very Christian.
Speaker 39: And honestly it was. It was unbelievable. It was incredible what we could do just by going to and the old hardwares you go to, they're not like Bunnings. You just go there and you just get a stoop of this and a stoop of that and whatever, and you come back home and you make a make a rocket and you set it off.
Speaker 2: Thanks mate, Well, the federal police are listening, so we'll we'll move on. We have spoken about this before. Times were different work. We've talked about before about when we used to do it with were kids. Some things used to make and get it, you know, and get away with it and get away with not hurting or maiming yourself. Times are a little more sophisticated these days. We have heard from the RSPCA sadly with regards to the death and decapitation of the pelicans up at Calbarry. That's the part of the story we've left out. So a couple of pelicans have been killed on the cow Berrye Foreshore. Happened. That happened last night, Sean, last night, yesterday afternoon. We're just trying to work out when. But the RSPC have officially been contacted. Two decapitated pelicans have been found on the foreshort cal Berry and the case is still open. Thanks to Louise Row and the guy and the team out, RSPCA w a couple of space stories for you on the show. Now, Brad Tucker joins US astrophysicists with the Australian National University A and U g A.
Speaker 23: Brad, how's it going going?
Speaker 2: Very well? It's it's always something happening out there. The scientists that curtain have found a serious flashing object. Brad, what do you think? What's your theory?
Speaker 25: Yeah?
Speaker 22: Look, so it's it's interesting. It's not aliens, unfortunately as much as we'd want it to be, but it is some sort of weird kind of new object because what this thing does is it flashes every forty four minutes for a couple of minutes, so you know, almost thinking as like a lighthouse turning around or beacon. Now we know of out the stars that do this, often things called neutron stars or pulsars which are dead stars that's been really fast give off these kind of missions of light. But this one not only produces radio waves but X rays. So you have something that it's very energetic and generally implies kind of hot and probably you know, something with producing massive amounts of energy at a certain time, doing this at a regular frequency, which is quite a strange because it doesn't seem to match in the idea that's a dead or dying star. It's probably something else that we're not quite sure of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so that so you're not sure, they're not sure.
Speaker 22: No, that's right. That's a good thing to be, right.
Speaker 24: You know.
Speaker 22: We we like the mystery bit, and I think it's really a side of you know, we're building all these new facilities, especially out in w A with the square kilometer array which the Pathfinder telescope found this one, and starting to look at the universe in really different ways. You know, we've been observing skies for thousands of years as humans, but modern day technology allows us to see things in different speeds, different ways, different colors, different you know, time periods, and we're really starting to uncover new parts of the universe, you know, just like exploring the depths of the ocean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, Brad, How how is this being observed? It is just one of these awesome radio telescopes or is it through the square klometer array? How Ali I would to say it?
Speaker 22: Yeah, yeah, so so ASCAP the Australian square kilometer ray path fire. This is the precursor to this huge squarek longer array has been observing the radio skies looking for things that change with time. You know, we think about most things in the universes, it's not really changing that much, or at least on quick timescales, but we're finding more and more things that do.
Speaker 7: And this is exactly what this was.
Speaker 22: So, you know, they filled us with radio waves out in WA and you know, again we find lots of things like that. But then when they looked in with X ray telescopes in space, they saw that this is also producing X ray light at the same time. And that's really the surprise and the combination of these facilities that gives you the real power and knowledge to try and find new things that are going on.
Speaker 2: Speaking of bread, Takasixpa's favorite astrophysicists from the a n U Australian National University, Brad, what about these asteroids that are parked up behind Venus. They're a little bit hard to see, but what do you make of that?
Speaker 22: Yeah, so that's an interesting one because you're kind of mentioning they're like in our blind spot. And we talk a lot about finding asteroids. We find asteroids all across you know, the Solar System, but we do know that when you sit near the Sun, and Venus always sits near the Sun as viewed from Earth, that you do have this you know, it's like a glare that you can't quite see that well. And there's a group of asteroids that orbit essentially in a similar path or orbit of Venus, so they're kind of shadowing Venus. They're not orbiting Venus, but they're kind of hanging out that area. And there's a number of them that they found that have some weird orbits or what we call elongated orbits that potentially could at some point be disturbed and take them off their path. And they're a decent size that if they hit the Earth, they could cause quite serious problems. So we're not talking about dinosaur level extinction event, but you're talking about things that are a couple of one hundred meters wide, so that if they hit the earth, you're gonna do quite a bit of a damage over an area, you know, potentially destroying the city or leveling an area. And so that's a you know, what this study is trying to show is, hey, you know, yeah, we know we need to look for these things, but here's our blind spot that we need to pay extra attention to.
Speaker 2: So with those brad what when potentially could we know about the path? They tell you that they will be on the move, of course, and they are big, but when will we know where they could end up or go?
Speaker 22: Yeah, so a lot of this is figuring out and studying their orbits further. So what you really want to do is to understand their path for quite a long time so you see how it varies. So now that you kind of know they're there, we can dedicated resources to look for them quite regularly, even for short periods, so it doesn't take long to figure out, you know, will they ever pose a real risk or will they head But the key part, like lots of things, is knowing that they're there. You know, It's like checking your blind spot. So at least you've checked your blind spot in the car and you know the car is there. You may not know the exact path, but you can at least prepare for. So in this case we know that we prepare for, but we also have that a benefit that we study it for a couple of months, we can get a really good orbit and idea where it's headed and where it may head in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Brad. Always great to talk to you. Thank you for making your time making some time to speak to the listeners in Perth on six PR. Thanks Brad, takes care. Cheers mate, Brad Tucker astro astrophysicist from the A M you. So there's a couple of space stories for you. Curtain UNI. This we are you know with helps us from South Africa, the Curtin University UWA. This square kilometer array bauti of kit that we have in the Murchison. It's already starting to find things we didn't know were there before. Thank you for listening. You can call us one double three A toy two is the phone number you can smsis zero four eight seven triple nine eighty two. I'm Simon Beaumont. Phone lines are open. I'll bring you up to date with our tongue in cheap poul. Did you know were you aware it's going to rain? I'll bring up to date with that in just a second. And Chris Murphy after Midday today, little known unreal singers. Yes, no question today. We always keep a tally of our poll through the course of the program, and we asked this one this morning. Where you were where it was going to rain? Very tangue in cheek, of course, and we want everyone to be safe and well out there. It was just a flurry of activity. We've got a midday press conference from the Bureau of Meteorology, We've got a press conference today from DFS. Heard from ajor and warn of the Road Safety Commissioner. It's been in the news, Mills he wanted to change the public holidays around to ensure that races go ahead and that people can have a good winter holidays. It is June, and it was this time last year that it was started to rain heavily at this time as well. Yes, no, did you know where you're aware that it was going to rain today and over the weekend? The yes is a sixty one on the nose of five. Chris Murphy's topic today for Magical Mystery Tour is really really good, unreal singers that you may not had heard of. And I asked the question before, if you could pick any one of our listeners to six PR and to this show, who would be most likely to make fight their own fireworks? Poorly reckons Polly's Was it Troy from Collie Polly? That's pretty good? Probably? Probably he probably has made his own fireworks, some says Troy. If you're listening and poorly, well done to you. You may recall last year, I think was covered on this show and on the station that in October last year the Ombudsman Chris Field resigned. The corruption watchdog the Triple C showed evidence that Field, Chris Field had had claimed a disturbing lack of familiarity arrogant disregard of his functions under the Parliamentary Commissions Act, so he failed to seek approval for international travel over a two year period as the head of the International Ombusman or attending International Ombudsman duty. So the w a Omsman did step down last year, but a new omdsman has been appointed and this is a media statement that's come out today. So it's taken a while to find one but the Premier has announced that Bevan Warner is the Ombardsman here in w A pretty experienced you know, and this job is really important. It's the ultimate arbiter to ensure that all of us are treated fairly by public institutions. So Bevin Warner has been a chief executive of Launch Housing and has been a Managing director of Victoria Legal Aid. So he is now the West Australian Parliamentary Commissioner for Administrative Investigations, i e. The Ombardsman. So Bevan Warner is our new Ombardsman one double three eight two. If you would like to have a chat to us today anything that's on your mind. We have been asking the question about underground power. So we spotted a story today that the City of South Perth have finished that underground power program. But this is a program that sat outside of the state government program. So the state government program can cl tcuted. Last year. There's been six different types, six different iterations of the underground power program. It finished last year. So now if you're getting underground power in your street and to your house, you probably have to go and have to go alone or with some help from your local government. Around about there's still around about three hundred and fifty thousand homes in Perth that need need underground power. I have overhead power where I live in the city of Stirling. I haven't got a letter as yet, but anywhere between six and ten thousand it would seem Frosty get a Frosty has sent us an SEMs about twenty years ago the City of Melville and announce an area that get underground power and listed the cost that will be shared between Western Power, the Melville City Council and property owners. There was a problem as a few streets in the designated area already had underground power. The council first, so they would have to pay the cost. But after a massive backlash, including the melvill Community newspaper, that the council relented and exempted those properties from the cost. I do remember that, Frosty, because the two boys who read and the cafe next door to where I worked at the taxpayer funded Communists Broadcaster, the boys around around the coffee shop were caught up in all of that. So I do remember all of all of that. Wonderuble three eight two. If you'd like to give us a call today, it is a little eleven minutes to twelve. We've just been speaking to Rob Cardilly from Cardilly Fireworks. His dad, Jim passed away on Monday at the age of eighty six, with an amazing family business history that stretched right back to the eighteen eighties in Italy. And if you are part of an amazing family business has gone back through the years, I think one of our former averds. I think Trevor's Carpets is one of those amazing family businesses that's been passed down from generation to generation. If you are part of a family heritage history with a business, let us know it is nine minutes to twelve. Back in a second, Patrick says, the flashing light in the sky in the milky way, he's just an old gold top reflecting the many suns in the system. Patrich, I don't know what a gold top is. That is that off a milk bottle. Maler I don't know what you don't know what you mean. Sam says, the late great guy Fawks made his own fireworks, which did not end well for him.
Speaker 25: He did not.
Speaker 2: Sam Pete from Belmont also somewhat cryptically says danger Will Robinson Pete, I think that's he's referring to the space stories as well. Anne Barclay is having a bub so that may be the reason why she recently went out and had a mocktail.
Speaker 40: Hello Anne, Hello Bowie. Did you know that it's raining today? And did you know that I'm having a baby?
Speaker 2: I know your mum's list. I know your mum Kathy's lit.
Speaker 40: She's very annoyed that you brought up the five dollar Foreshore drinks. That's their special little secret. Yeah, that's so secret now, and I can't.
Speaker 2: I think it's called Islanders to double down and to circle back into annoy your mummy even more. But I'm pretty sure that little bar yeah, Islanders.
Speaker 14: I have.
Speaker 20: Well, back in my day it was called the Palm Beach Cafe. Okay, very creative name.
Speaker 40: Yes it's not that Palm Beach a five dollars summers bees as well, so five dollars cider because I don't actually drink beer, but I do enjoy all other sorts of alcohol when I'm not.
Speaker 2: Pregnant, all other sort You can't wait, can you? So maybe maybe it is called the Palm Beach Cafe. That's a good topic. Isn't the places that are called names that they and they're not. But they're not there.
Speaker 20: They're not there.
Speaker 40: It's not in Palm Beachbach. At what point does it a carbon Palm Beach then Rockingham.
Speaker 2: Beach where the Palm Beach Jetty is I would have thought, yeah, okay, so yeah five Palm Beach Cafe. So there's a and look, I hope this goes well for these people. So a couple, Jas and Claire Miller, have turned their coffee house into Perths first non alcoholic bar. A.
Speaker 40: Yeah, so essentially, from what I understand, it stays open after dark or you know, at nightfall, turns into a bar, but it doesn't serve alcohol.
Speaker 20: So can you call it a bar if it doesn't serve alcohol or.
Speaker 2: Is it just like touch shop?
Speaker 20: Yeah, a vending machine with service.
Speaker 2: And you and in your experience, you know, you've been out recently with their friend Megan and you went to somewhere in clays Brook. You into the Royal.
Speaker 20: Royal, Yeah, the Royal did you What did you have?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 40: I can't remember the name of it, but it was a really delicious mocktail and it kind of tasted almost like the real thing. It was similar to margarita sort of cocktail it was pink. It might have had like a watermelon theme, and it had that black salt on the side of the glass. So yeah, I love those drinks that have salt or chili salt on of the glass. So yeah, you get that salty hit.
Speaker 20: When you drink.
Speaker 2: I like the when they got tequila or vodka in them as well. Yeah, a drink responsibly. How much was your mocked out?
Speaker 40: It was either sixteen or eighteen dollars. I should be able to double check the rice, I know. And that's the only criminal thing is it was. It was really good and it almost felt like the real thing. But I definitely wasn't getting a buzz, which was good. I'd be worried if I did, to be honest.
Speaker 20: But it's a lot.
Speaker 2: The little baby Simon does not need you.
Speaker 40: Getting a buzz, so they need all the help they can get with their brain, considering who the parents are.
Speaker 20: But it's a lot to pay for a mocktail.
Speaker 41: So I know that.
Speaker 40: You know, there's say alcohol free bottles of gin and things like that, So when you're making a mocktail, I feel like there are two tiers of mocktail. There's mocktail that's just a few different types of juice mixed together, and that I would say is just punch, and that I don't think you should pay more than ten dollars for something like that. That's with you, yeah, just like you know, if you're just mixing lemonade and pineapple juice and grenadine or something, then that shouldn't cost a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to find out the name of this place opening up in Whims.
Speaker 40: So it's Peak cafe Peak, Yes, Peak coffee shop. So then it turns it turns into the bar at night. So it's the same business. Coffee shop by day, alcohol free bar by night. So still kind of just a coffee shop at night, I suppose, but with more delicious drinks.
Speaker 20: I suppose.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 20: I'll have to go test it out.
Speaker 40: I mean, it would be nice to go somewhere and not be tempted, but surrounded by bottles of wine that I can't drink.
Speaker 2: Your funny scale summer holidays in cold fashioned as some of the drinks, and you paid eighty sixteen or eighteen bucks.
Speaker 20: From mocktail I have in the past, So is that you know? Is that okay? Does that pass the pub sniff tests?
Speaker 2: It's a lot in it.
Speaker 40: It's a lot of cash to part with for something that's not actually getting you inebriated.
Speaker 2: Would your mum ever drink a mock fa um wouldn't be.
Speaker 20: Her first choice. She probably would if she was if she was driving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she was with you and wanted to be solidarity.
Speaker 40: With her daughter, although she'd probably just go, I don't know, maybe a soda, water and lime that only sets you back about two dollars fifty.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so she's pretty thrifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, your funny. Here's slim Dusty. Here he is here, he is Thank you, Ann from your thanks and alcohol free bar coming to Wembley Wilds eighteen dollars mock piles one double three eight eighty two.
Speaker 34: Nothing so lonesome more.
Speaker 2: The Chris Murphy is on a sobriety at the moment. He'll be in after midday. We're going to talk about songs sung by unreal singers that you may never have heard of. So Chris Murphy will join us. His top five is he's texted us today? Is he from Denim in me? And we've been living in Charpay now for approximately twenty one months after living in Walloona for fifteen months. It hardly rains here, but absolutely poored yesterday evening in this morning. All the locals love it.
Speaker 27: Stop.
Speaker 2: It's very welcome up here in Paradise. Thanks. Did he half you like living up there? You could call us one double three eight to eighty two. Do you have an unreal singer that other people may not have heard of? An unreal singer that someone may not have other people may not have heard of? Chris Murphy will join us for RST Magical Mystery Tour and he's top five from Christo Cauda Christo's Sadly as Transport established eighteen twenty nine, Still family honed, never ever done anything like that, this slim dusty accompaniment, but it's the first time for everything. Mackey Max Midday Now Murph up next.
Speaker 1: I've trudged Believe in Mine to a pub with Nobe.
Speaker 27: Now then.
Speaker 1: Until one. This is Perth Today with Simon Beaumont on Perth six PR.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for listening in appreciate your time. We're going to bring Chris Murphy to the microphone in just a moment for MERST Magical Mystery Tour. If you've been our tongue in cheek satirical questions today a year and r question, if you will, did you know it's going to rain in the next couple of days, given that virtually every news story has been about the fact that it's going to rain, sixty one yeses and five nos, or as Murph would say, sixty one yeah, five nahs. Let's do this. Good a Chris, good a mate? How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm well, that's the ticket. I'm really well. I love the year na today I do. Did you know what it's going to rain? I don't know how you could know is rain? If the Bureau of Meteorology didn't know I was going to rain? Honestly, that's my pet, Peeve. I was going to do a very important job yesterday morning before the rain hit in the afternoon, as it said, But the rain had already hit five hours before or two in the morning or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've gone with an interesting synopsis of this. Today, we're going to get somewhere between three and thirty millimeters. Three and thirty it's range.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you, I reckon. In my next life, I'm going to be a weather man. It's the perfect job for me because you just go yeah, it's it's going to be a bit cloudy, possibly a chance of rain, and I'll be sort of warmish. And if you're right, you go told you that's why you listen to my mirths weather. And if I get it wrong, you go, oh yeah, sorry, Well, I mean we don't have a crystal ball. You can't tell for sure?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Either way, you win, I do. You would be good at that one? Level three eight eighty two. Is that funny? Because we wanted you to get on board with this one. It's Chris and I have had an heart to heart it on this particular one. I reckon this is a good topic. So it is aDNA Menzel's birthday right today, yep Adena Menzuel. Now she she was the voice of Elsa and Frozen. Let it Go, Let it Go. So our question today in the Merst Magical Mystery to us are gun singers who you might not have necessarily heard of? The singers singers and you got your top five? Now could you pronounce Adina Menzel?
Speaker 8: Yes? I could, all right there, No, I'm not going to, but I could. Wait. Look, if I tried really hard, I would be able to do it.
Speaker 2: You want to hear John Givolta try and pronounce it. Yes, please, here's John Givolta at the Oscars.
Speaker 32: There will always be a special place in my heart for the movie musical and for the songs that create the most memorable moments. Head Reforum the Oscar nominated gorgeously empowering song let It Go from the Oscar winning animated movie Frozen. Please welcome the wickedly talented one and only.
Speaker 8: Does in what. Even before he got to the name, I thought, he's not going to stand much of a chance of pronouncing the name, or he can barely.
Speaker 2: Read adele dozy from a Dina.
Speaker 8: Men Imagine if he had. Imagine if he had to call it an Indian cricket match.
Speaker 2: The wickedly talented be day a jar revenge you might for man Dad. John Givolda can't say Adena Menzil, but we can. So we're after those singers today and Max is with us today. So Max, this is this is You've got a big job today, mate, Try and find these songs, okay, So do your best and we'll still be friends at the end of it. Can we go to your number five to kick things off?
Speaker 11: Made?
Speaker 2: Have you got these, Max, you got them all loaded in good Man, Okay.
Speaker 8: So for Merv's Top five Little Known Unreal Singers, it's a it's a quirky sort of subject matter and a little bit of murky waters there. So look, I chose for my number five Michael Spiby from The Bad Loves because if you went down on the street and asked somebody who Michael Spiby was, most people aren't going to know, but you may possibly if you're our vintage know the Bad Loves. I chose this little section of we might have been their first single by The Bad Loves called Lost. Just listen to this guy's voice. Honestly, everybody who's.
Speaker 2: Lost the way that I was lost.
Speaker 8: With other trees lo here we go listen to this.
Speaker 2: It's what a great voice, that's unreal.
Speaker 8: He's one of the best, Like he's the top, you know, with all the top Australian male singers, and most people don't know who he is. So that's a bit of a crime shame that's my number five. I can't imagine how good they get if that's my number.
Speaker 2: Five, littlek and forward to this, So we were getting these locked in now, Hi Chantell how are you?
Speaker 14: Hello, fine, gentlemen, how are you very well?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Hello, Chantell?
Speaker 11: That's good.
Speaker 15: Hey, Chris, how's it going?
Speaker 8: Oh very well?
Speaker 14: Thank you, that's good. My nomination is Skylar Gray.
Speaker 8: Skies are great and there's a bit of rain as well. You obviously clocked onto my new weather.
Speaker 2: So what song is it?
Speaker 11: Centil who does a.
Speaker 14: Cover of stand by Me, which is absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: Chantel, fantastic, Thank you. We're going to play mirth stand by Me? Whose version is the best?
Speaker 8: Well, obviously John Lennon.
Speaker 2: Maybe ridiculous to say anything from John Lennon, who's the best?
Speaker 8: Benny King? Probably, yeah, Bennie.
Speaker 2: What what's your favorite Lennon? Yeah, of course amazing.
Speaker 8: It is amazing, Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: He's Chantell's favorite here.
Speaker 32: It is.
Speaker 34: Just as as your stead stem.
Speaker 30: So d dne.
Speaker 22: Oh, I like it?
Speaker 3: Do you like it?
Speaker 2: Breedy a bit of a brato?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You had you? You and Chantel had words last week, did we?
Speaker 42: Not?
Speaker 27: Really?
Speaker 2: Not by hell? Really, not by your stand. It's not by my stand.
Speaker 8: It's no. I just don't you know. I don't like letting stuff slip through to the keeper.
Speaker 2: That's all I know. Please ring us I take this very seriously and we'll make funn of you. One double three, Thank you, Chantill Murph likes it poorly.
Speaker 41: Afternoon boys. Yeah, my nominations are Jeff Martin from the Tea Party, Canadian Boar now lives in Barron Bay. It should have been a superstar. I'm sort of glad they're not. I liked that they're cult, more of a cult following, but absolute talent of a band.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's got a great voice. Jeff Martin. Do you know much of the Tea Party?
Speaker 2: I do, yeah, live. I think they were a good lot of them. I thought there was only three that it was about one hundred them on stage when I saw them. Whether they were doing an ensemble piece, but there was.
Speaker 8: Maybe you were actually just remembering a tea party you went to, because I think there's only three of them in the Tea.
Speaker 2: Party, there's a lot of them. Maybe it was an ensemble pieces of them, the cushionists and all sorts. What's the what's the tune?
Speaker 13: Paul the river?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right here we go, Thank you mate, thanks.
Speaker 23: Fore, thank you.
Speaker 43: Shoe.
Speaker 35: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, he's got a great boys, for sure. There's a great song of the Tea Party. I've forgotten which record itself, but it's a song called The Messenger, which is written by Daniel LaNoar, famous for producing You Two and those kind of guys. That's a really crack and tune the tea Party for me a little bit. He gets a bit medieval sounding, which isn't my normal vibe. But yeah, you can't deny that he can sing and he can play guitar too. Monster on the guitar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good, analysis says always thanks poorly good man, Clark. Troy, stay there. Troy's coming up from Collie. We asked our listeners today. Of all our listeners, who do you think be most likely to make their own fireworks?
Speaker 8: It's going to be Troy from Collie.
Speaker 2: Troy. He's coming up today is yeah the line one O the Wet fantastic Troy warning everybody he's on his way.
Speaker 8: He's on his way.
Speaker 2: Sixteen past twelve merv's Top five gun Unreal singers that you may not have heard of, topic oricon coming back sixteen and a half past twelve. One double three eight eighty two is the phone number. It's nineteen and a half minutes past midday. Chris Murphy's with us for the Magical Murph's Magical Mystery Tour. We're chasing a gun singers that are little known. What's your number four, please, Chris.
Speaker 8: My number four is a guy called Caleb Johnson, and I am trying to remember how I became aware of him. But he was an American Idol contestant, and I'm not even sure how far he got. I think he was up the top somewhere, but I don't think he won. And I sort of went down a little rabbit hole of Caleb johnsone. This guy has got a set of pipes, and only in America, I guess, because there's so many people that in Australia we've not heard of him. But the track that I'm going to play, where he's singing a blinder, he's got Ordly Freud, who's was in the Black Crows, he plays with the Dixie Chicks. He's with Sheryl Crow now. And the drummer is Jason Bonham. You know, we've just got the you know, the son of Led Zeppelin's John Bonham on drums. So this guy really knows how to do it.
Speaker 2: And we were talking about the other day somewhere on the show. Was it with you might have been he's playing he's Is he playing one of your tracks?
Speaker 8: No, No he doesn't, but I wish he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's playing with someone at the moment, or has been playing with someone in Australia. It will come back to me, sorry to Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's unreal.
Speaker 8: Genre we talking here, it's kind of southern rock, you know, classic blues rock, blues based rock types.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Barnes. He's playing with Jimmy Barnes on the last album.
Speaker 24: You know what.
Speaker 8: You're absolutely right, we were talking about that. Yeah, Jules Holland. And there's some other cool guys on there as well. Is it a guy from Chris Cheney, Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, there'd be kid. I haven't checked out the record. Yeah, it'd be great.
Speaker 2: Give us some fellow's name again.
Speaker 8: Caleb Johnson.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 8: We just have to bear with me for a second because this is going to get really good. Maxie Bumper back up here.
Speaker 2: The guy is a rock star. Yeah, it's unbelievable. Yeah, that is unreal. A little bit of a little reminiscent of when Chris Stable and goes goes big on those notes. That's something, isn't it surely stable? And can't do that?
Speaker 8: No, Well, that's that's channeling Lou Graham or do O or you know those guys that sing up the top. That's unbelievable. Even I can't do that. Even I can't do that, even me.
Speaker 2: The guys who sing up the top their technical terms one double, three eighty two. Give us a call and Clark are going.
Speaker 41: Guys, I won't be singer called her, and she's my favorite song of hers is the Journey.
Speaker 2: You don't You don't mind a bit of unusual stuff to you, Clark, you're out there a bit.
Speaker 27: No, I've got a good.
Speaker 37: Top thousand songs of all time.
Speaker 2: Good. I like that it's on your CV.
Speaker 8: Well, I'd like to say I haven't heard of her, but I'm pretty sure I met her. You have at least heard of her. It's not one hundred cent if I know her, and I've certainly heard of her.
Speaker 2: Thaggs Clark. You make Clark laugh, which is not easy to do. Thanks Clark, here we go.
Speaker 42: Oh the times of such a never make it just like the world just turned his back on you, didn't stop you. Oh the times we could have given in and given times I didn't know if you was strong enough.
Speaker 20: Still, you got through so hard.
Speaker 2: A part of the.
Speaker 15: Journey.
Speaker 8: Nice word Clark, Nice word clerk. That's nice.
Speaker 2: So have you heard of her?
Speaker 24: No?
Speaker 8: I haven't heard of her, but I think I think I like her. Yeah, very nice. It's reassuring, isn't it? That you know there is some really great vocalists, some great music, great songs out there. Still, if you can just ignore the drivel that's fed to us on the on the mainstream.
Speaker 2: Do you ever get optioningnxiety? Or that might not be the right word, but either going to a bookshop and a record store and say there's a record in here that could change my life that I would love so much, and you no.
Speaker 8: That doesn't give me anxiety. That gives me a feeling of excitement. Does my whole world could change right now? This is unbelievable, Okay, gets Oh my god, I might like something in here.
Speaker 2: Mightbe because I'm English, very polite, very polite, always.
Speaker 8: As grace as I am a bit anxious, I like something in here. I might even.
Speaker 2: Always worried about what's coming over the hill when you're a pump. All right, here we go. There's Troy. I Troy.
Speaker 18: Hey boys, hey going, I just stood on the.
Speaker 8: Cat Very nice Troy.
Speaker 37: How are you very good?
Speaker 15: Chris?
Speaker 18: And how are you signing?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Mate? Is it truly true to the room that you make your own fireworks?
Speaker 15: Well, my daughter she's on maternity leave. She's running parallel with your lovely and bar play there. Yes, when I shouldn't say popping out, but you know what I mean. And she set up two fireworks and one weeks longer than nowadays. And as you know, I'm I'm visually impaired, so I'm just gonna have to go, you know, see what happens. And I might hear from your next week or not. But anyway, it was nice knowing you and keep all the memory.
Speaker 2: Is that for the gender revealed? Troy?
Speaker 15: Is it? That's a boy?
Speaker 2: We already know that, all right? No, I didn't. What's your what's your song? Troy?
Speaker 15: And oh I've got a new brand name too, boys.
Speaker 8: It's trolly for you trolley with an I E.
Speaker 15: Troy from Collie. So yeah, I love when you're in Walworth of Coles pushing a trolley around thinking of Troy of College. But I haven't got as many germs as on the bars of the trolley. Yeah, yeah, you come here for three weeks. One don't know.
Speaker 13: How can you spend three weeks in college?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: It was the longest two days of my life.
Speaker 37: Okay, have you?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 15: I have the Bobcats and the poor fella he passed away and his daughter's taken over. The the singing and that in the band and the song Simon, I heard you lost your dad. I lost my dad about twelve months ago, next month, and I heard this song and brought tears to my eyes. So sorry about that. Mine is the Bobcats and the man in the picture mat.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thanks Droy, Thanks Trolly, Thanks mate. Here it is the man the picture didn't fly. He's no super hero, he's.
Speaker 8: Sure no millionaires, he didn't look on the moon, he didn't save the world to do.
Speaker 2: But he's my hero anyway.
Speaker 8: We only need a hero, someone to follow, someone.
Speaker 17: To look up to.
Speaker 2: You're nice, joy, very nice.
Speaker 8: A few wins today, aren't we?
Speaker 2: We have a few wins? Got told you is a good topic? One double three eight eady two to twenty eight minutes past midday, we're going through Merph's top five of artists who have gun voices, but you might not hear I've heard of them, Gey, David.
Speaker 24: Hey, it's Tom and here you're going.
Speaker 2: Good mate, what do you have for us?
Speaker 24: That's good. I'm young girl from Way by the name of Chelsea Cullen who said the vocals for Helen Ready's movie. I am woman. She's hasn't been a thing at Ellington but but I'm not sure whether she's still doing that. But she's a fantastic talent. And I don't think anybody many people would know off her.
Speaker 2: No, I certainly didn't murph Chelsea Cullen.
Speaker 8: No, unless it's somebody I'm thinking of that has a married surname that I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 24: Yeah, well she is married at the surnames now wild.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, good name Chelsea wife. Thanks Dave, cheers, mate, Let's have a listen. I appreciate your call.
Speaker 20: Forty one and Danny still calls a b.
Speaker 15: Oh.
Speaker 40: The folks round Browns will say she's crazy.
Speaker 42: Cause she walks downtown where there's suitcase in her.
Speaker 44: Looking for a mysterious starkhad me.
Speaker 8: We're certainly having a win today, Bowie. That's that's quite nice.
Speaker 2: In the young day is aca now but nice treatment of a per epic banger.
Speaker 8: Yeah lovely, Yeah, w A doing it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're on Dave. Thank you mate. We'll come back in just has twelve. So we've heard it hit number five and number four of his gun singers that you might not have heard of. I don't normally get to see the list, but I have seen it today and the number one is spectacular, absolutely spectacular. Good choice by you mate, well done, Thank you man. We will come back in just a moment. Twenty nine and a half minutes to one o'clock.
Speaker 19: Still dealing with that crash Tonkin Highway northbound after Row Highway Perth Airport. The left hand laneers blocked there. Keep in mind there is a bit of wet weather around at the moment. Drive some the cognitions soon your headlights on, extra breaking distance and more time to get to where you're going and do it within the speed limit because double demerit points are in play now through till midnight Monday night. When on a freeway southbound billy A Drive to Russell Road, then Ankletel Road and northbound slow going Thomas Road to ankor Tel.
Speaker 2: I'm Bruce Walsh on Perth Traffic leader six PR. Let's go to our new room here at six PR. John Nichols, he's there, John, Good afternoon.
Speaker 34: Thank you, Simon Good afternoon. Police have extradited a twenty six year old man from New Zealand and charged him over an armed robbery in Perth almost a decade ago. Detectives so they spoke with the accused back in twenty sixteen, but he fled to New Zealand the next day. Investigators say he's been taunting them from Afar, phoning them and saying catch me if you can, and now they have. Allegedly one nation is experiencing something of a comeback, winning its fourth Senate seat. The minor party has now secured the final Senate possession in New South Wales on with winds and outstesterday in Wa and Queensland. Your research has found a parent's gut feeling about their child's health plays an effective role in hospitals and on Our university study shows parental intuition is as effective as as abnormal vital signs including heart rate, breathing rate and blood pressure. The AFLW fixture has been released. The Eagles will play their first match on the opening day of the season, taking on the Suns at home on the fourteenth of August. The Dockers go to Adelaide to take on Port Adelaide on the seventeenth. Twenty degrees at the moment showers today. The thunderstorm is likely down to fourteen overnight showers and twenty two tomorrow with the chance of another storm.
Speaker 2: More news one, Thanks John, John. We can't find your song that has got or we do have it? Do we Max? Before we go to this, it's Ashton, Gardner and Dyke. Yes, what's the name of that band that's got about one hundred names in one hundred people's names that you always talk about, Dave D, Dosey b and Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I believe that Dave D from Dave D, Dozy Mick and the other guys, Titch Becky, that's right. I believe that Dave D used to be a policeman and he was first on the scene when Eddie Cochran died and the car crashed.
Speaker 2: I heard that in the podcast only recently.
Speaker 8: I heard it a long time ago. Yeah, all right, as if it matters, but yeah, very very interesting footnote in rock and roll.
Speaker 34: Eddie Cochran died the day I was born.
Speaker 8: Is that true story?
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 8: So what I'm saying is I'm very old. I was going to say, possibly the correct go on, give us a bit of twenty flight rock. I can't but Summertime Lose Gone and for Summer Gone and it was me listeners.
Speaker 2: Paris says, I love it when Chris is on, Here's no filter makes a good listening.
Speaker 8: Which is complete poor?
Speaker 2: Oh crap, bulls wanging Resurrection shuffle, John your choice? Yes, little known singers?
Speaker 34: Yeah, all the singers I really like are known, so I thought I'd go for this one. There's a one hit wonder back in the early seventies Tony Ashton. He played some sessions with Paul McCartney. So there's the link.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're waiting for which sessions?
Speaker 30: I have no idea.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, all excited. Then I'm not going to learn something new Ashton, Ashton, Gardner and Dyke. Don't they sound like lawyers that if you if you've got one of those, you know, been in an accident, Ashton, Gardner and Dyke your claim.
Speaker 2: There's a little something for everyone in there. Let's thank you, John. Resurrection Shuffle John's choice.
Speaker 8: Pretty good, fantastic resurrections shuffle. But it's sort of song that Jesus was singing on the ease to Sunday's.
Speaker 23: Ever Done That?
Speaker 2: Most people always ever done this? No, it sounds like something you would do.
Speaker 8: It sounds great. That doesn't know. I love the horn?
Speaker 2: Thank you John. What's your number three? Please? Murph?
Speaker 8: My number three could have been number one, probably should have been number one. She's become well known, I guess because people like Elton John have gone you've never heard of this? Check and she's amazing. Eva Cassidy, you know Eva song Bird. Yeah, so I just think one of the greatest voices of all time. But she only really got well known after she passed away, which is one of those Van Goff style moments. It is, let's have a listen this beautiful voice.
Speaker 2: The sun will be shine.
Speaker 25: Cover?
Speaker 12: What a voice?
Speaker 27: What a voice?
Speaker 2: I've learned out song BOYD because I know it was the name of the album. I didn't mean to cut across the song.
Speaker 8: It was a nice, nice intuition. My wife introduced me to the music of Ever Cassidy when I first met her.
Speaker 2: When she's in her thirties. Sadly could have could have been anything. All covers, mostly covers are primarily yeah, And I think there's the vision of her. There's so little vision of her singing. It's often in this really dodgy club that she's sing in front of a brick wall, like a parb or a club or something. But yeah, incredible, absolutely.
Speaker 8: I mean that if she'd made it, we'd be talking about her like you talk about Barbara Streuisen. It's one of those voices. I mean that what we were listening to there, and that's pre auto tune. That's like I said, it's just a studio somewhere where she lived. It's not even a big, you know, famous l a studio. She is just impeccable.
Speaker 2: Don't be two hard on yourself. I think you numb. One's a really good one. Jeff from Bayswater. Oh, Hi Simon, Hi christ Yeah, good mate.
Speaker 25: Good.
Speaker 45: Chris Simon played the doors at the beginning of his program.
Speaker 8: Yeah I love you.
Speaker 2: Won't you tell me your name? The Lizard King? The poet sounds like Rosby Apparently.
Speaker 27: It is good.
Speaker 45: But my mine's Michael Bublay and Laura Passina. She's an Italian singer and I've actually forgotten the song that was supposed to be I can't remember.
Speaker 8: That comes in handy, Jeff, because what we're doing today is you name a song and then we play a little bit and talk about it. So so nice one.
Speaker 27: Yeah, yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 25: I've been sitting on you listening and I forgot.
Speaker 45: I think it's love love this way or something, love the.
Speaker 8: Way about you. You'll never find a love like mine.
Speaker 39: Oh, that's right, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 16: And you know what, Chris, Chris.
Speaker 45: Simon, Simon was taking the p W five out of me because I was saying, Tommy, he'll he'll guard and he resists, not the you.
Speaker 2: Know that the teacher. Yeah yeah, Tommy Hill forget.
Speaker 25: No, it's Tommy he'll guard.
Speaker 11: You'll guard, Tommy, He'll feel.
Speaker 2: God right, Okay.
Speaker 8: I don't know why you would do that, Jeff, because you know that that's pretty close I would. I would have passed that, Simon.
Speaker 13: Just ask you something.
Speaker 45: Yes, my wife said to me, how when you're on the radio, why you're so good and you're running You're a CEO of a company.
Speaker 2: How do you run your company? It's a very good question. I don't know, mate, I.
Speaker 25: Said, I said, I don't even know myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, good to hear from him, mate, thanks for always listening. Good man, here we go.
Speaker 24: Are you.
Speaker 20: Someone or cares about of.
Speaker 17: The world.
Speaker 8: I know I'm not dragon on something?
Speaker 2: Not bad movies? Yeah, nice Pauline, Laura, Possina or Posina, very nice. Nice word, Jeff.
Speaker 8: It's that sort of music you'd put on while having a dinner party.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jim Morrison would do this. Well probably he.
Speaker 8: Would actually like Boobla. I love Booblo.
Speaker 37: Yeah.
Speaker 8: When I first heard him, I wasn't sold. I thought he would just add a generic which was a bad move on my part because he's not generic at always had a very distinctive voice and he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 32: I know.
Speaker 2: I've interviewed him a few times and he's Canadian obviously, so he's funny. And he said, and this has an adult theme. And I said, how, what's the story with you? And you know, my wife and all her friends, what's going on there? And he said, I'm helping you.
Speaker 8: Is that what he said?
Speaker 2: He said, I'm helping you, Simon.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you said to you for later on thank you boob Yeah, after for after the concert. Right, Yeah, it's not a bad not a bad strategies. Thanks Michael Boo Black did I? Gary?
Speaker 23: Sorry? Got song Chris and Max speaking of speaking of religion, my ones by singer Dying Colby the song a man Yeah, Donny song. I ever know she recorded such a powerful voice when you get into this song. Thanks.
Speaker 11: That's a good guy.
Speaker 2: Thanks Gary, Gary from beautiful South Guildford. Here we go.
Speaker 1: No, you yore the what?
Speaker 16: Who said I can fly?
Speaker 14: I can fly?
Speaker 24: I know you?
Speaker 35: Y're the what?
Speaker 8: Who knows?
Speaker 4: Where are?
Speaker 25: Will?
Speaker 39: Who die?
Speaker 27: Ah?
Speaker 2: Who Who's.
Speaker 8: To carry for the win?
Speaker 2: Cary for the win? It's not bad, It's not bad at always it what.
Speaker 8: I said of Pipes, I've not heard of her.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of her?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't. Seventy eight minutes to one o'clock, I told you this would work.
Speaker 8: You did, actually, and I as soon as you brought it up, I thought, that's a bloody winner. Bowie, we're going to have some fun today and we have. We have so two great minds think alike, Yes, we'll think. We're going to agree that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to get that polygraph installed in here. Come back in just the moment. Merter got two to go, Paul Brendan, Chris, Tim will try and to squeeze you all in that. My angus is Kroner Jim Morrison, for this is the yool friend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, krona Jim. I've heard of Jim Morrison, though possibly not not an unsung hero of ye, yes, all right, I'm aware of you. All right, I've heard of him, and I don't rate him. So there you go, Strike two.
Speaker 2: Six fifteen and a half minutes to one o'clock. We're here tearing down the sacred institutions back in a moment. It's a very nice offer, Chris, Thank you, mate. Twelve minutes to one o'clock. Did your good fellow Paul's phone in your song? Gun song, Gun singer? People might not know of your Singapore. What do you got?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 13: How you simon, Chris.
Speaker 41: I've got an American leave you single from his seventies. Her name was Anita Baker when she sang a song called sweet Love, and I would say.
Speaker 26: That she was as good as a reef for Franklin.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a big good cool Paul cool. It is all right mate, Thanks, thank you, Paul. Cheers mate, Here we go, you baby.
Speaker 8: It's a tiny little bit like shirt, doesn't she yes, Oh okay, just wait a little while and all will be revealed.
Speaker 2: Neighborhood and people's and I love and people that good.
Speaker 8: Don't get me started about voles year and Free to Pain is another favorite of mine. I almost put her in, but I thought maybe people know you know Free to Paine, band of Gold. Okay, she's got a set of pipes. Unbelievable. Anita Baker. I once went down to our local bakery and said, how's work and has everything going? You guys need anything? And said, yeah, I need a baker. Yeah that's that.
Speaker 2: Actually from a long way up, it was still funny. Watch your number two, please merth.
Speaker 8: My number two is a guy called Kelly Hansen who is currently the lead singer for Foreign took over from Lou Graham, and I just read this morning actually that he's quit. So he's got the rest of this tour and then he's out. But Kelly Hansen, this is a track from an album, the one album I think they did of original material with him on lead vocals. This guy, honestly is the done of Lou Graham and the range and stuff, but he's still his own singer and can we just listen to this?
Speaker 16: Guy's been a lot of.
Speaker 8: Great suggestions from listeners today, but I think I'm winning so far.
Speaker 2: How good's that? That's very good? And you're right a little bit a little bit of Lou Graham in there. Yeah, I'm perfect. Get a christ A hello mate? What have you got?
Speaker 37: Yeah?
Speaker 43: Doug Gray from the Marshall Tacker Band. Fantastic voice, very big in the seventies country rock, fantastic.
Speaker 8: That's probably a good cool. I have heard of the Marshall Tucker Band, but not the d What did you say? The lead singer's name was Doug Gray?
Speaker 43: Another great there is uh? I heard it in the love song fantastic?
Speaker 2: All right, We've got can't you see for us? Chris? Thank you mate, thanks for calling, and said, well listen for.
Speaker 20: The tech of Fred Tree.
Speaker 17: We're down at the stairs.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 44: I don't care where we coolt the half about the top ball. Nobody going to know.
Speaker 8: What I'm doing this afternoon. Can't you checking out the Marshall Tucker Band.
Speaker 2: That's christ Yeah, that's what good? A little bit of Chris Murphy and that could at tim.
Speaker 11: Hi, guys are going good?
Speaker 2: Mate? What do you have for us.
Speaker 41: I've got the lead singer of a band called Dirty Honey out of La.
Speaker 25: His name's Mark la Belle, and he's got a great raspy rock.
Speaker 8: Voice speaking my language.
Speaker 2: All right, Tim, all right, Tim, thank you mate. Let's ever listen, no shallo.
Speaker 18: No no profriends.
Speaker 16: Oh oh shine like a start a fresh light.
Speaker 25: Show.
Speaker 2: How good, very very good, Dirty Honey good band too.
Speaker 8: I'd have to head around Tim's place. This is Dirty Honey. Roll myself a nice fat pikelet or pancake or something.
Speaker 2: Chris that Micrones on one double three eight oh D two. We'll do a preview with Russell Collared our man, that Ollie Steel Crook. At the moment, I don't think we'll take Brendan because we're Brennan is Jeff Buckley, and that does it quite qualified.
Speaker 33: Well.
Speaker 8: I've appreciated, Yeah, I've heard of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last goodbye, good song. Thanks Brennan, thanks for hanging on, mate. But it needs to be someone we haven't heard of. Appreciated your number one, please.
Speaker 8: My number one will be known to some people. But she's sort of a I guess you could call a one hit wonder. She's probably had a couple of miney.
Speaker 2: A couple of years in the spotlight.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So she's famous for the big track Stop. Her name is Sam Brown. She's the daughter of Joe Brown, Joe Brown and her brothers from the nineteen sixties, and I just think she's got one of the most underrated singing voices in rock history. Have a quick listen to this.
Speaker 2: What alloyed? Just one more moment, Just one Mama, that's an original. She had, Yes, yes, Joe Brown saying the last Iran concert for George didn't he absolutely see you in my dreams? Absolutely unreal.
Speaker 8: He's a lovely fellow. What an amazingly talented family. But listen to that voice. Honestly, I don't know why she wasn't the next you know.
Speaker 22: I like you.
Speaker 2: I like you a number one very much and thanks for doing that today. Russell Collett joins us. Now he's call it coming off the bench of something. You caught it something the supplementary presenter's bench. You saw Steve Kilby last night.
Speaker 29: Brilliant mate, great tip, very good and every bit as good as he was forty years ago. Fantastic grubby though right, not really, I just had one little crack at one lady who was being a little bit obnoxious. But I must say that, and she knows who she is.
Speaker 2: I'm not mentioning Ruby's name on Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well Ruby be highly embarrassed if you mentioned.
Speaker 2: It, So I'm not mean.
Speaker 29: Big Day, Big Jay coming up Monday, w A Day when I find out the latest with what's happening in the planning.
Speaker 30: For the w A Day derby.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I'll there's two. Yes, spak I ball in the afternoon. Yeah, I'm here, Yeah, okay, I'll be listening.
Speaker 8: I'm busy.
Speaker 2: I'm busy.
Speaker 8: I've worked out what I'm doing yet, but I'm busy. Brilliant fresh voice, Gisella COLLETTI.
Speaker 2: I've heard you, girl from Perth. I've heard you talk about you came in here, stood here at.
Speaker 29: This microphone and blew us away one on the catch up and Tony Mack was that impressed he played the entire song twice that night.
Speaker 30: That's how good she was.
Speaker 8: School girl at Corpus Christie, I think, Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Ye remember word, mate, I'm on the show.
Speaker 29: Plenty, absolutely so, I've got I've got that's time.
Speaker 14: I'm here.
Speaker 29: Andrew Williams, We've got the Derby, we've got the the UK report. We're catching up with this s out and the other plenty on board and we'll do a preview with Jamie Bennett of Weekends AM both Saturday and Sundays.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you mate. Well on Russell Colette's Philly in Frali and he'll be on between with Perth Live between one and five o'clock. We'll come back in just a moment. I'm going to give the honors to announce the final score in the year Na. Did you know where you're ware? That is raining? Going to be raining today? One of my favorites four minutes to one. Stay listening the call of the day today. Chris is Roscoe who found in about the Pelicans at Cawberry. Thanks Groscow. Two tickets of the British Irish Lions are playing the Western Force in the twenty eighth of June. I can see the Western Force taking the lines that off the stadium. Tickets a battle from ticket Master selling out fast calling tomorrow. Thank you Roscoe, Thanks for the call. You have the final word on a year. Nor did you know it was going to rain today?
Speaker 30: Yeah?
Speaker 35: Nah?
Speaker 8: Okay, so did you know it was raining today? Yeah, is sixty six we knew and nah is seven. I got my own personal year. N was did you know it was Friday? I've got a big CM with no and zero with yeah. I have no idea what's going on mate? With raining? I didn't even know it's Friday, let alone.
Speaker 2: It was raining, great topic today and you absolutely knowled it. Thank you. We'd lucky to have your mate, seriously, thank you very very much. And you've got a gig at the at like Manger on Sunday, but also the Color Undergarden Show on Sunday morning as well, Calum Undergarden Show ten am. I'll see you then, one of the one of the biggest in Perth. Cheers mate, thank you, thank you you next week one o'clock now it's a big one.