Speaker 1: The Bruce Reynolds is the Deputy Lord Mayor of the City of Perth and joins you. Now, Bruce, thanks for your time, Simon, Yeah, I'm well, thank you. Is that the case Orange and Purples there going on trucks as we speak?
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, mate, Both both service providers have have been suspended while we go through this phase of assisting with the authorities with all the collection of data and providing of all information that we can to assist in the ongoing investigation. Investigation.
Speaker 1: So, Bruce, did you meet last night? Did you have a special meeting with counsel on this? And obviously it comes off the back of what happened last Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Correct. So as you can imagine, since Saturday through till tunesday afternoon, when information came through around the actual fatality, we've we've had to act and irresponsible and respectful. So we called a special meeting where the counselors were able to come together. Information was provided to US Fire administration and the decision was made to suspend the scooters whilst we go through this phase of assisting with the authorities in the investigation.
Speaker 1: So suspended at this stage, but not necessarily a permanent. Did you give any thoughts to somehow trying to police the use of scooters better or is it just easier at this stace to take them take them off the road.
Speaker 2: At this stage, certainly to be respectful to the families involved, we think that there's more and more an absolute appropriate measure, and then we'll go. We're fully committed to assisting with the investigation. Once we've collected all the data, the next phase of decision making will obviously come into play. We need to get this right, Bruce.
Speaker 1: What happens with the contract? Is there any not sunset clauses the wrong word, but is there any clause where you can suspend? Supply? Because Beam are in all those other major senses that I mentioned, you know, not Calgol anymore, but Bustled and Bumbrie, Rockingham, Albany and the Lie. Pretty much everyone uses Beam and I already imagine they'll be watching what you guys do fairly seriously. But how does the pulling of the contract work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there is, without having the contract in front of me, there are clauses in the contract around suspension, and an incident of this of this type would obviously be one of those one of those clauses.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, all right, Bruce Will thanks for talking to us. Is it just a one day operation to get rid of them? And how many purple ones and how many orange ones are there?
Speaker 2: Off the top of your head, yeah, there's around two hundred and fifty of each, so five hundred in total. The notification has obviously been sent out and as your caller mentioned, this scooter companies and collection of those scooters. So yeah, so that's that's where that is. We've imagined so that it's probably going to be forty hour hours before they're all collected off the streets. But from twelve o'clock they will be disabled, so even the ones that are on the streets they won't be used. But also, you know, mate, this is a tragedy at all levels. So so our thoughts go out to everyone associated with the families, and especially the Fun the Fun family, and they're extended family and friends.
Speaker 1: It's it's a tragedy, yeah, it is. Bruce, Thank you very much for talking to us. Really appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Seem