Speaker 1: Calmic books and rab bands, Time to the treetops, falling down holding.
Speaker 2: Hand, strisy Goos and Red.
Speaker 3: Pomp, Holy Rhymes, Suny Night, Rowl, Escape and.
Speaker 4: Yellos, Dairy Tales, Snow or fives.
Speaker 1: Crime through the Window. Remember when you were.
Speaker 5: The car steal.
Speaker 6: And that spy?
Speaker 7: Remember a thank you, Ernie Siglely. What a wonderful memory to hear the voice of Ernie Siglely followed by this voice of Andrew mc laren.
Speaker 1: Hello Simon, former producer of course of The Only Sickly Show. Yeah, you sort of stepped into another role completely a w for what a year?
Speaker 7: Two years? I produced her? Yes, two thousand and one. In two thousand and two.
Speaker 5: How I I'm good. I've had a really lovely week. How about you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Same here you can't complain And yeah, I've got tomorrow. Got a lot of Joeanne's relatives arriving. I'm sorry you don't say that, because no, Joe may still. I know it's going to be one. When did she find out what you do for a listen like a scream? Lately she started to list a teacher. I've told her a couple of do not do it? No, keep away.
Speaker 7: You can't have your partner listening.
Speaker 1: No very worrying.
Speaker 7: Anyway, my partner didn't listen.
Speaker 1: We still ended up separating, but it may have hastened the separation.
Speaker 7: It would have yes, wouldn't have made thirty years if she was listening to what I do. Hey the kids, Yeah, they're all good. I'm still teaching driving. I took Ethan for a driving lesson this morning from nine till ten thirty. We went. We drove to Chadston and back and had a bit of a wander around Chadston for twenty minutes or so, and then I took Rachel for a driving lesson. We drove to Shannon's house, my oldest daughter, so I could see the grandkids because I haven't seen them for a couple of weeks. We just haven't. It's just been they've been busy, I've been busy. We never cross paths. The kids are in daycare and staff. My daughter's working, so we just don't get to There's not a lot of time to catch up.
Speaker 5: So we did that.
Speaker 7: So I went over and played with the grandkids for a couple of hours and then came home, did some work and came into work sounds.
Speaker 1: Good to me. We've got a lot of good things again tonight. And remember when haven't we?
Speaker 7: Yes, we have, And actually I just realized what I've effectively given you just then?
Speaker 3: Is this the weekend wrap? The Blind Factory's birthday sale is on big savings Call one three blinds or head to the Blind Factory dot com dot au before it ends.
Speaker 1: That was the pre rap. Yes, yes, you just heard. This is the rap. I've got nothing more though that, I'm afraid not of the weeks are just rolling by far too quickly without much happening in my life. I got to do something. Yeah, I have friends. Who are you need so active?
Speaker 7: We need a hobby outside your rampant gambling problem.
Speaker 1: Let's bring that up.
Speaker 5: Please, have you played again?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, I haven't.
Speaker 5: But because it was a forty six dollars loss last.
Speaker 1: The way you remember the exact amount? Was that right? Yes?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I can't remember people's names, and yet I remember that your last gambling debt was forty six dollars.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I find out a bit unsettling.
Speaker 5: It's a cheap night out there, it's a good night.
Speaker 1: We said this last time.
Speaker 7: But sitting around smoking Cuban cigars and guzzling.
Speaker 1: And there's so much smoking of cigarettes when I think about it. Yeah, because I wonder any of us all alive.
Speaker 7: I'm not really much of a card player. I think i'd like playing cards, but I don't have anyone to play with.
Speaker 1: What you can how long? One night? I know you better not.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't think you want me there, do you?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: When worlds collide?
Speaker 7: Hi, guys, this is simon the punts I work with.
Speaker 1: No, not like that, there's no it's all like that. But I have a feeling they lead you alive.
Speaker 7: Well, you and your friends are all sort of educated and use fancy.
Speaker 1: Words and oh no, no, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 5: They trade these are they?
Speaker 7: Because I can swear like a warfie if I need to go all butks, Yeah you're doing.
Speaker 1: That is Yeah, got a fear of doozy mate, I mean now, but it's just some of the games I think would be too much for you. Okay, you see brag that Bragg was played at the beginning of the movie lock Stock and Smoking. You know that Guy Richie movie.
Speaker 5: Well, I know of it, but I haven't seen the movie.
Speaker 1: Great British gangster movies. So what's brag is that a is a two card brag card game and you are two cards face down each player, and.
Speaker 7: I should be able to cope with that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, It gets very hairy chested from then on in because the betting starts without looking at your cards, and you try you save start off, I'll go a dollar blind. The next place is our dollar blind. The next p after that said, nana, let's try and bump people out three dollars blind. The next player after that says no, making eight dollars blind. Now the next one round, let's ten. So no, none of you have seen your cards. So then someone picks up their cards and they've got a pair, and that's about the best hand you can have, right and brag. So you've picked up they pick up a pair of queens. We'll say, yeah, well that's a fabulous hand to pick up.
Speaker 7: Could only be beaten by a pair of kings or a pair.
Speaker 1: Of vaces and a pair of twos. Yeah I know, okay, because there's a two card break, right, So they've picked up they've picked up the queens, but they have to now bet double because they're open so they now have to put in twenty dollars every time it goes around, and you'll get players who think he's only bluffing me. He hasn't got anything really at all. But he's just gonna say when he's gone in open, I'll still I'll pump him high as I can go, and they'll make it fifteen dollars blind. So we've got to then put in thirty dollars blind, thirty dollars open when it comes arount of and so it goes very hairy chested. It's in lockstock and smoking barrel. I can't think of the name of that movie. And it's played in the in the boxing ring at the opening scene of that movie. All right, yeah, tough stuff.
Speaker 7: It does sound a bit a bit out of my league.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: I'm better with Monopoly or Twister.
Speaker 1: You stick. Sometimes I've been cruelly cruelly treated in brag everyone has. We don't play that all night. But anyway, getting on to other things like remember when yes and what's coming out?
Speaker 7: Just before we do, we should say please gamble response, oh god.
Speaker 1: Yes, please yes, and don't play break.
Speaker 7: Remember what does Dave O'Neil saying all those things. Remember you win some, you lose more or something.
Speaker 1: That's right well said, and I have to all right. Yeah, coming up a little bit later, we're got a couple of topics we want to run around with. Though.
Speaker 7: Now we did have a guest locked in for tonight, but unfortunately the guest isn't able to make It is a late notice, so we've decided not to go with the ring an emergency guest and embarrassingly say would you mind coming on tonight because someone else fell through. So we've decided to take a calls on one double three six ninety three in this part where we normally do the remember when legends.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, and then of course after ten o'clock it's Trask's timetable. We're going wack hard to believe it's forty five years ago to nineteen eighty.
Speaker 7: Oh, nineteen eighty feels so recent to me, it does, But that makes me seem like an old Qadja just saying that because it is forty five years ago, and Ben sitting out there wouldn't remember nineteen eighty at all. His parents would be lucky. I remember nineteen eighty.
Speaker 9: It was fourteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ben was born in the mid nineties.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, yeah, so I think.
Speaker 7: So he missed the height of Phil Collins's success.
Speaker 9: I think mum might have been seventeen.
Speaker 1: I think your mother was seventeen and ninety eighty.
Speaker 10: I think, oh, and then my dad believed my dad would have been twenty two something to that.
Speaker 1: So they were just young pups themselves. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yes, so his parents aren't that much older than me. I was born in seventy one. If your mum was seventeen in ninety.
Speaker 9: Four, so she no seventeen.
Speaker 7: Seventeen in nineteen eighty, she was what sixty three sixteen?
Speaker 9: Was born in fifty eight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, it's it's the way back, all right. All of those things will wait and we all get to them very soon.
Speaker 7: Yes, so we want your calls one, double, three, six nine three. So whould we throw out topics now so people can think about it during the break. I saw that today as the anniversary of the day that the Olivia Newton John Cancer and Wellness Center opened in Melbourne back in twenty twelve, so it's been up and running thirteen years ago, and Olivia Newton John. As soon as I saw that, I just thought, I always have such fond memories. Olivia Newton John, I had the pleasure of meeting her once. I was at an opening night. I have told this story before, but not for a while. I was at an opening night and my wife was with me, and we're standing in the queue to go to the loo just before the show, because there's always a que for the women's For some reason, we're standing in the queue and we're standing behind Olivia Newton John. And my wife hadn't realized, and so I'm looking around the room and there's just hordes of people. Everyone's crammed in. The volume is loud, you know, you know how loud those foyers can be at a show, so that people are talking, it's very very loud. And I taped my wife on the shoulder and pointed to Olivia Newton John and I say, that's Olivia Newton John. And she says, what, So I've gone, ah, that's Olivia Newton John. As I've said those words, the entire room just stopped talking for no reason. The volume level dropped by about two and so Olivia Newton I basically just yelled in Olivia Newton John, Z that's Olivia Newton John. And she's turned around and I've got I'm I'm so sorry. I'm just explaining to a wife that we're standing behind you in the queue.
Speaker 5: And she was lovely. Oh, yes, it's lovely to meet you.
Speaker 11: Who are you?
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 7: And I said that I'd work with Bruce and Field and she said, I love them and tell them. I said hi, And it was lovely. She was just alight.
Speaker 1: Yes, I never met her and have had the pleasure, but I saw her paying the price of fame at a restaurant in Albert Parker. I was there with a lady who worked at three a W. This is nineteen eighty.
Speaker 5: I'll say, were you David someone from A W?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, just I.
Speaker 5: It was just a work face.
Speaker 1: It was a work thing. There were just there, a couple of us, there four of us there. Anyway, There I was with this girl I'd taken and sitting at the other end of the restaurant. Oh my goodness, I poured it out. That's who was Carol used to work with Pat Carroll, Pat Carroll and Olivia Newton John Yes Meal there and oh that's why we won't bother them. But then we started then people started to come into the cafe, into the restaurant and all sorts. Was albin In John Well, she didn't get a moment's piece of the poor girl, people standing waiting to talk about She's got a meal in front of her and there's people wanting to talk to it, not moving away, not just saying hi and moving on, standing and just talking and talking at it. And then I noticed there was no dessert or coffee ordered it all. She and just headed off that it is a price. You get very good pay, you get the best tables at restaurants and all that sort of stuff. But there is the downside of fame, isn't there?
Speaker 7: There is? And when that first happened to you, it would have been upsetting as well.
Speaker 1: I hated it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, stuff, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I'd stand in those KFC lines, you know what I mean? One first after I say hey, move, you know what I.
Speaker 7: Mean, and paparazzi su.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all with.
Speaker 1: Their box brownies. It was. It was a terrible scene for me. And can I throw this in because I know we've got to take a break.
Speaker 7: Well, I haven't actually given my topic yet. Just off the back of a Livy it was just lessus to talk about a living Newton John. Well, I was just going to ask what your favorite Livy Newton John song is one double three six ninety three. Have you got a favorite of Livy's? That'd be lovely to hear it?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 5: Yes, what did you want to say?
Speaker 1: Mine minds? What was your keeping with music? Actually? What was your parents? What was your parents' favorite record? What was a record was in their collection? Not yours? But when you're a kid growing up, what did your parents play with? My parents? It was it was Sinatra, no Nacking Cole. Any time I hear Nacking Cole's voice, I'm immediately taken back to being a kid in the lounge room at Smith Streets and killed it and so on. And also he's probably forgotten a a sax ofteness from England called Freddy Gardner my parents loved and the instrumental versions of popular songs by Freddy Gardner. It was just the sound of that sax, which I've hazually heard over the years since. I don't know what's hav one of the parent's records, they've disappeared, but those memories have ever etched on my mind. What were your what were your parents' favorite records. Tell us about it. Very good question.
Speaker 7: I'll give you mine after the break. One double three six nine three, Simon, we are responsible for Ernie's Afternoon Delight opener. I think I might have.
Speaker 1: Been the Stalin vocal band no I used.
Speaker 7: We did play that, Yes, but we also did There was a Glenn Nicholas version that he did on the Big Gig, which was very funny. I played that a couple of times, I think, yeah, but I honestly can't remember.
Speaker 12: Rob.
Speaker 7: Yes, back with your cause. One double three six nine three. Give us a buzz.
Speaker 13: Remember when I got caught stealing all those whites from Sears?
Speaker 3: Well, that's nothing because you have a cambling.
Speaker 5: Problem, Andrew.
Speaker 7: Yes, Simon, and I'm just looking for the important piece of paper with an important message from Cameo Memorials.
Speaker 1: Yes, Lokta directly oposite the main gose of Forkla Cemetery. I think we all know that Camea Memorials have always been there and they've always cared.
Speaker 7: That's true. They've been setting memories in stone for entire generations of Melbourne families since eighteen seventy.
Speaker 1: Four, building monuments to your individual needs, respecting your wishes. Cameo Memorials are very proud of that service they've provided and they understand just how important to be to Melburnian's for one hundred and whatever fifty years.
Speaker 7: Yea, there is none better than Cameo Memorials. They offer memorials, plaques, fountains, mantlepieces. It's going to be a very busy grave with all of those on it. In traditional styles, Asian styles, Jewish, Islamic, Orthodox, you name it, they do it. And don't forget those carved statues they've got as well.
Speaker 1: In all sorts of sizes too, And if requested, Cameo can restore and maintain memorials over the years for you for.
Speaker 7: Affordable prices those all important seniors card discounts, and they're caring guidance which is legendary. Make it Cameo Memorials. Here's Andrew with the.
Speaker 1: Web address came Memorials dot com dot au. It is twenty five past nine. It is remember when thanks for your company, of course, and we are talking about records that your parents had in their collection and are living you and John. Her favorite song, your favorite song of hers. There's so many. She did a bit of rocks. She had a bit of country. She did all sorts of stuff too along the way, didn't she She did, She covered it all. And we've got Jacob Roval Hello, Jake, bye, boys.
Speaker 14: I just wanted to remind you of that movie. It was called lock Stock and two Smoke and Barrels, that guy Ritchie film.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. And that's the movie with the card game going on inside of a boxing ring.
Speaker 14: That is correct. It's got Jason Stape them and the old Lenny McQueen was in it too, and Vinnie Jones actually.
Speaker 1: And what a classic crime movie that is. Eh.
Speaker 14: That was an absolute beauty. And when it comes to living in John I don't think you can look past grease lightly job.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, greased the movie in its entirety itself. Yes, but John Travolta actually sang gree slightly.
Speaker 15: I don't think it was in it.
Speaker 14: But we'll get some over here in a four barrel card.
Speaker 7: Yeah, great song. Yes, John Travolta and his finest Yeah there was a ripper. Yeah, we all love that. We all wanted to do Upper Car like that too.
Speaker 5: I think in our use absolutely get on your Jake, oh boys.
Speaker 7: One, thanks mate, Take care Merle's in northbol And home.
Speaker 16: Merle toughly listing two years.
Speaker 5: Guys, I think.
Speaker 16: Simon Jules the movie, the Steven Field film. Yes, turn fifty this year.
Speaker 5: Oh does it really?
Speaker 7: Was it nineteen seventy five Jaws?
Speaker 1: That probably was?
Speaker 16: And you know, Simon may be so scared. We had an above ground and I wouldn't go up. I was sure Jaws.
Speaker 1: Look, I was even worse Bill. I had a clark wader and I wouldn't go near that. For two or three years.
Speaker 7: I didn't shower for my whole teenage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we noticed that.
Speaker 7: It's lovely and thank you for calling in Merle. That's a lovely call.
Speaker 1: I think. Statistically, the attendance on beaches in southern California dropped enormously the summer after George or during Jaws release.
Speaker 7: It changed the bathing habits of a nation of the world.
Speaker 1: Basically.
Speaker 7: An interesting thing about it was when they when they made Bruce the Shark, because the shark was called Bruce for some reason. When they when they made Bruce the Shark, they tested him in normal water, unsalinated water, desalinated dece just normal water, drinking water, and everything worked fine. When they put it in the ocean to film scenes, it started shorting out and just didn't work properly. So the fact that you don't actually see the shark until about fifty five minutes into the film, and it's all done with that music Ben was playing, and the suspense and seeing people suddenly disappear under the water, all of that was only because they didn't actually get the shark working. Otherwise it would have been just a more regular horror movie. Yeah, So it was the anticipation, the anticipation, so Spielberg thought, well, I'm gonna have to go a bit Alfred Hitchcock here, and it's all about, yeah, the anticipation and what people are imagining rather than what they're seen.
Speaker 5: And that's I think what made it a classic.
Speaker 1: Jaden's mom and dad, Oh, you're a lot downger than me, Jaden and half you're like whose mum's records were The Cure and in Excess and dads were Blondie and Kate Bush. So there we are. Yeah, yeah, another generation, another taste of music.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm the same age as Jaden's parents.
Speaker 1: Then that sounds like it. Yeah, Karen's an alterna Meadows.
Speaker 6: Hello, Karen, I'm Andrew, I couldn't watch George either.
Speaker 17: I thought it was too scary. Yeah, it's my favorite living in John Records.
Speaker 7: Hope to again from Greece, but this time with Olivia actually seeing it. It is a lovely song, yes.
Speaker 17: I think it can. And also one of they didn't have that any records and she used to flay the King and I.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, the soundtrack of the King and I with what's his name? Your b your Brener, that's him, so shell. We danced all the rest of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, that's a ripper. Here we go, Karen.
Speaker 5: He is a bit of hopelessly devoted.
Speaker 1: Just m hm swell.
Speaker 7: It is a lovely song. If only we had more time. But what a great song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a great test of it. William in Port Melbourne, Hello, William.
Speaker 18: Would have to be the case. So that was my That was my.
Speaker 7: Was your mum's favorite song?
Speaker 18: That was And there was the other one, the Crystal Shander Liz.
Speaker 1: The were the two favorites so late, the Crystal Sandly that's right.
Speaker 18: You one thing, Andrew, I've got a lemon tree, don't you know? You know that's just coming right there. It was just like a lime tree. It was all great, it's got back into the rot.
Speaker 7: Now, yes, well yeah, lemons are green before they turn yellow, so.
Speaker 18: It took a took actually a long while into the right color.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unusual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, different season. It's been a kind of a warm autumn, wasn't it. I think a very warm autumn. It may have infacted I don't know, into a freezing winter. Well yes, so far.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, all right, good on your William, good luck with your lemons, Arthur's in westwit'sgreag.
Speaker 8: You day, Arthur, goody, Simon and Andy. And then firstly, on my happy birthday to you produce the Taylor today. Yes, it's a birthday today anyway. My mum's favorite songs, she loved El Martino, to the Door, the Son Moscow, Genghis Khan and of course Olivia and and John. You know this one, which obvious did with a lot of Elvis records my favorite, and hers Let Me Be There.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's one of my all time favorites of hers as well. Yes, it's a good song, let Me Be There in the Morning, let Me I love the bass guy in it. I've always got a film about that.
Speaker 8: Still got the record that I used to play for my mom and would you believe she loved the thing from the good, the beard and the ugly.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Hugo Monteneglo.
Speaker 7: Hard to sing to you.
Speaker 8: Well, that's of of the record that I played for a mink condition.
Speaker 1: So good memories.
Speaker 7: Yeah, nice one, all right, got on your Arthur. Here's a bit of Olivia's song for you. Let me be there. Listen to these wonderful harmonies. Never let me, let me.
Speaker 5: Let me.
Speaker 19: You can't share.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good sound. Very I liked her very first hit and that was I was amazed to find it was a Bob Dylan song.
Speaker 5: If not for you, I don't think I know it.
Speaker 9: If not for you?
Speaker 1: Could we ben? If not for you? Or living in it? And John's got to be there because that was the one that sort of put her on the map or internationally, Yes, because she's been in this group to you know, here we go, Yes, not for you.
Speaker 20: Maybe I couldn't even find the door, I couldn't even see the floor.
Speaker 1: Not fine. That was the very first one that wrote through for her. I said, she's been in a group called Tomorrow spelled like tub O Morrow and they hadn't done well, they'd sort of been a manufactured group, you know, they tried to sort of launch them and that hadn't worked, and I think she just mucked around in England for a while and then came up with that, which was the one that put her over the top. And I'm going to say nineteen seventy seventy one, oh.
Speaker 7: That early, yeah, I would think, so yeah, how about that? That was a bit of a slide guitar in there was. It was the year, so it's like country team to it.
Speaker 1: And then, as I said, years later, I found a Bob Dylan wrote, the man who wrote so much good music.
Speaker 7: I never realized that Olivia was sort of world famous as it were before Greece because as a kid, Greece came out in nineteen seventy seven, I think, and I was six, So that's where I first discovered Livy in Newton John. Then I was reading my Peanuts comics because I've got every Peanuts comic that Charles Schultz ever did, and I was reading through them, and I was up to nineteen seventy five and there's a strip with Charlie Brown and he's saying, maybe this will happen, Maybe maybe the little Red hair girl will come and have lunch with me today. A whole lot of wishful thinking. And then at the last panel he goes, maybe one day I'll marry Olivia Newton John And I thought that was a lovely thing. And then I looked at it for nineteen seventy five? How did Charles Schultz know that? And it was then that I found out, No.
Speaker 1: She done very well before that, with songs like if not for You and let Me be There, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Amazing.
Speaker 7: All right, we better get a break underway. We'll be taking more calls in the last hour, of course, so apologies for those who have called through who we can't just get to yet, but we've got to get Rick Mille on the line after this.
Speaker 21: Tell me why I need another bad Tell me why I got that Alba long.
Speaker 1: Tell me why I bet our satiners all to pay.
Speaker 7: Yes, the number of things you can find on eBay and on Facebook, Marketplace and even better just at a garage sale is amazing. And if you've found something on any of those places of late, and you want to share the joy that you found when you discovered it, give us a call one double three six ninety three. Chat to this man Rick Milne, Hello Rick Ye Andrew Hi Rick.
Speaker 22: We did evaluation day on Saturday down at My brother is involved with the Brotherhood Saint Lawrence down and Bentley and I did the evaluation day there and there were two things that were quite outstanding. One woman wrote to Elvis when she was nine and she had brought in all of the letters that he'd sent her. He must have sent her about twenty letters over the time, autographs, autagraph and Christmas card and all sorts of things all from her. And she was very careful opening them. She didn't rip them open. She opened them very carefully. She had about ten of them. It was amazing. And that was one. And then even more amazing to me was an elderly man. He said that his dad used to work for Dave Neille Melbur and she gave him this magnificent pin of a stick pin in a box and it came from Drummond to the jewel which is a very upmarket jewelry store in the city. And she gave him this special pin for his services rendered as he was a footman, believe it or not, and she gave it to him. It has been to pass down through the family. I thought it was spectacular.
Speaker 1: It sounds wonderful, well, you said, along some rather spectacular things here, tonied, I'm intrigued with this. If we sat here and this is this kiora sports parade that was on three k z.
Speaker 7: Rick it was.
Speaker 22: And the fellow who was the announcer was a fellow called Max Ready. He's on three KS and he was Helen Reddy's father. And now she had that famous song some years ago, Helen Reddy, I am woman was not? I think that was the name of the.
Speaker 1: Don and quite a few others, Yeah, quite a few, that's right.
Speaker 22: So this is this is good old jack a Max Ready. And he did the on the radio station three ks headlong gone. Of course he did the Kura which was a soft drink sort of cordial, the Cura sports parade, and it was a radio program and that was that was Max Ready.
Speaker 1: Yes, wonderful. Is a sort of a character ture of him standing at the at the three kz microphone. It's so wonderful, very much of a tira.
Speaker 22: Yeah, it was a beauty. And did you like the very second item I sent? Remarkable? And now there is apparently a big auction of what we'll call disaster email, a disaster mail. And this is an envelope that was sent to somebody in Ballarat and that's been stamped opened by Burglars Ballarat.
Speaker 8: Yes, not amazing.
Speaker 5: So what opened by Burglars is in that that's an official stamp to say somebody actually tore this opener.
Speaker 22: Who they actually did was they They they took seven hundred mail items which are ransacked by them in the post office over a weekend in nineteen twenty and it took seven hundreda This is one of only two that's ever been found with it opened by Burglars.
Speaker 12: Fell a rabbit.
Speaker 7: Wonderful.
Speaker 1: So they must have had a stamp made up at the post office opened by Burglars.
Speaker 22: They've had made open by Burglars.
Speaker 1: Is remarkable.
Speaker 7: That reminds me of rick A. And we invite your calls one double three six nine three if you want to chat to rick. That reminds me of the joke of the lady who went through a bit of a hard time financially and wrote a letter to God and sent it off to the post office. It was received at the post office. It was addressed to God. And so the post office people have gone I don't know what to do with it. So they've opened it up, and she told her tale of my dog requires surgery. I've lost all them, blah blah blah. So I'm writing to you God to ask if you could send me five hundred dollars. It would make the world of difference to me. So the people at the post office felt terribly sad, for they did a whip around and they came up with four hundred dollars. So they sent it to her with a note from a note from God saying, here, this is what we could do for you. We've managed to get together four hundred dollars. She Then a couple of weeks later, they're sitting there at the post office and there was another letter arrived, again addressed to God, and it was the lady who said, thank you so much, God, You've made such a difference to my life. It is so marvelous. But there was only four hundred dollars there rather than five hundred dollars. It was probably those thieving bastards at the post office.
Speaker 5: Isn't that.
Speaker 22: That's a good one. So I've not heard that one before. That's a ripper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now moving on with some of these little items here, this North Noven BP badge.
Speaker 22: Yeah, now this is a this is a fake. Well it's not a fake, it's new. But they're claiming that it's a you know, a historic badge, but it's been made by somebody and certainly not BP. In fact, i'm so growth they haven't sued them. But somebody's made these things very recently and they're advertising them at substantial prices, and frankly, I think they're absolutely worthless because they're not real. They're just somebody's had them made up and making making out like it's an official BP product at all, because.
Speaker 7: They've got that design from there. There were because I had I was fascinated by that, so I did a bit of a look and they got that design from a series of patches.
Speaker 22: Yeah, like a little transfers. Yeah that's right.
Speaker 7: Well, the ones you put on your Duffel coat or something, was it, that sort of thing.
Speaker 22: Yep. And what they've now done is that they've made metal versions of them. Somebody has and is sort of passing him off as historic you know, blah blah blah, and.
Speaker 5: They're not at all. No, I do not buy, but what a good idea?
Speaker 1: Don't put it in his head, brick Rick one double three six nine three, by the way.
Speaker 22: Age and let people see and make sure that they don't buy.
Speaker 7: Yes, these are on our Facebook page, these pictures that Rick is referring to that he's sent through to us. So have a look at three. Aw remember when.
Speaker 1: One double three six nine three. If you want something valued, please, this is your chance. Call in right now and you will get on because Rick is only here till ten o'clock.
Speaker 7: There's another couple of great pieces you've got here, Rick, just ahead of those Bernie Brickette.
Speaker 22: Do you remember Bernie Brickette, the character?
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I'm looking at his little face here. It's a pity I don't remember him.
Speaker 22: Yeah, he was a he was a character. And I actually have one of the things I'm looking for. It's not for me, but for somebody else. They believe that there was a Bernie Brickette cap, So looking for a cap with is this little character. I don't think he was a TV character. I think he was just a print type thing. But you know Bernie as in brick You know Bernie if you might say you know Bernie Brickett, Yes, yeah, that was his name. So if anybody has one of those, I've got somebody looking for one.
Speaker 7: If not, I can get some made up. It's my new my new pastime.
Speaker 22: Now thought.
Speaker 1: To order, provide anything.
Speaker 7: Yes, antiques and collectibles, to order.
Speaker 1: The magna carta, whatever you like. He's got it all.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 1: And lastly, Rick, what you have brought him?
Speaker 22: Let me see what I thought.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the pin.
Speaker 22: Yep, that's the pin, the first one. That's just sorry, spectacular right and given by Dame Nelly to her footman who happens to be this person's father.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 22: There was some amazing other things that came in as well. The fellow brought in a robot in the original box, and it looked it was as new, And I said to him, did you know did you just pick this up? He said, I've had it since a child and I always looked after my toys. And it was just absolutely as new, with hundreds and hundreds of dollars. It was a very rare one from made in Japan. And of all things made in Japan, robots are about the best, and they can really big some fancy prices. This is a rip up and it emitted sparks, and all sorts of things with a beauty. So yeah, some amazing things actually came in on the day and you never well, I thought the most amazing of all actually was the letters from Elvis, just amazing. So she had about ten or twelve of them.
Speaker 12: Been in touch with her.
Speaker 22: His writing, It was definitely his writing.
Speaker 7: Now we've got calls coming through, so we'll get a break out of the way here and come straight back with your calls for Rick Miln if you want to join the queue one double three six nine three.
Speaker 1: Mister collectibles here. I remember when right now, Rick Milner, mister paraphernalia and all that, and taking your calls. Sandra's in Frankston, Hello, Sandra, Oh good in me.
Speaker 24: Andrew Simon then Rick Rick. As you're talking about the Bricket guy, I'm sure down in Brighton where I used to work many years ago in the sixties, the woodman used to come into the shop next door to where I work.
Speaker 8: They'd go to the dry.
Speaker 24: Cleaners and one of them had Ronnie Bricket written on his hat that was like a beltcat. And then when I was up at the bus stop near the station sometimes another one that had the felt head on with his name on it, so I think they were like they had their own personal names.
Speaker 7: There you go, but that same brickette character, a black brickette.
Speaker 22: Yeah, yeah, well I'm glad you. I'm glad you know it's Andra. You are aware of it? There about that?
Speaker 1: Thank you. Memories of brickets, they are they still around? I think you can get them with bunnings, aren't they Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Can still get brickets. Yes, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Thought they become politically incorrectly.
Speaker 7: Now I think they're made by redheads. They still I'm sure they manufacture brickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Paul's in Forest Hill. Hello, Paul are there?
Speaker 25: Yes, I've got the tickets for the Melbourne Olympic James.
Speaker 22: Yes, is it the one? Is it for the Olympics at the MCG, like you know, the main Yes, okay. They are the ones that are pretty common, Paul. They still turn up pretty often because there were hundred thousand people there every day. The ones that are much much harder to find are ones that were for like, for example, rowing or wrestling or you know, all the odd bod things. But the MCG they still turn up pretty often, about ten to twenty dollars a piece, Paul.
Speaker 25: And I'm road maps up from Golden Place.
Speaker 7: Golden Golden Fleece road maps.
Speaker 22: They can. They're pretty common as well. They still turn up all the old I remember Neptune petrol. It was like a King Neptune character. There was a Neptune petrol, and now they turned up pretty often. I have to say also, Paul, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Got on your Paul, thank you for that. Edo is in Brunswick.
Speaker 5: How are you Edo?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 12: Look, the Saint Louis Fair was on in ninety oh four ninety oh six. They had the Olympics at the same time, and I ended up with a souvenir just around the corner from the Kurham industry, and it was it's sort of like a snow dome with a wooden base, but the snow dave was empty and inside it was all sorts of different minerals like the silvery right okay, and you could shake it and they had a wooden base and on the wooden base they used a brandy eye to put some Louis nineteen oh four whatever it was. Yeah, And I always thought there was a prette thing that sounds like.
Speaker 22: It's a pretty interesting what's this current ministry? What's it all about?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 12: Led General still was just down the corner from Curb Industry.
Speaker 22: Ah, well, Texically where I am.
Speaker 7: How about that small world good item.
Speaker 22: I like the sound of that one, and I would think it's got a nice failure fifty one hundred beautiful.
Speaker 7: Good on you if you get a chance at We're going to give out Rick Milne's number shortly if you can take a photo of it and text it to him. He'd love that.
Speaker 22: Good Thank you, good thinking.
Speaker 5: Love to have a look at that.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 26: Ed.
Speaker 7: John's in Listerfield, Hi John, Yes.
Speaker 27: A bat Bernie brickette. Yes your search Mumber Parade nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 1: A c M.
Speaker 27: I he's he's a thumbnail of that video and an hour and one minute seven seconds in you can see all these Bernie Brickettes, would I think dancing.
Speaker 5: Girl in the costumes.
Speaker 12: Pre Mumber Parade?
Speaker 27: Half a dozen of them, Yeah, waving to the waving to the cameraman and all that.
Speaker 22: Yeah, we all know about it. Disappoinding me that really the people are running this program don't have you know, sometimes don't have the knowledge.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's why we have the audience to back us up and to be the brains.
Speaker 22: Trust it back up more like making you up.
Speaker 7: That's wonderful.
Speaker 1: John so Bernie Brickett. John was featured in a Moomber parade parade nine sixty years ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, we should have We should have known. We should have known that Bernie Brickett. All right, girls, we'll take a break and come back with and find out what Rick is looking for. And we'll give Rick's number out too after this.
Speaker 1: Coming after news and remember when we're not that far away too from the timetel. But right now is Rick Mill talking collectible? And what's something you are after? Rick?
Speaker 22: Well, we're after now that we all know about Bernie Brickette looking for a cap that apparently there's a Bernie Bricket cap sof and we had one of those big great comics cameras, old booty cards and old magazines of all kinds, fifty sixty seventy records, autograph books and also Tuckfield's bird cards, but those that have blue printing on the reverse with somebody prepared to bet three dollars each of them, which is there out there in the millions, I know, But they're looking for once with blueprinting on the back, and that's it. Zero four one eight three three nine, one zero three.
Speaker 7: In the thirty seconds we've got before Newsrick, somebody put on a Facebook marketplace during the week their entire Malway collection, all fifty editions, and they only wanted one and a half thousand for it. It was it's worth so much more than that. I was so tempted to buy it, but I just didn't have the space. So I broke my heart and I don't need two.
Speaker 1: Said he's got problems, Ricky, don't talk to him to the news.
Speaker 5: Don't worry about bargain.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Rick Millon zero four one eight three three nine one zero three. We'll be back after the news. With Kevin Drask.
Speaker 20: Friday night.
Speaker 11: It was late.
Speaker 26: I was bugging you home.
Speaker 2: We got down to the Gator and I was dreaming of the night.
Speaker 11: Wouldn't turn out ride? How tell you?
Speaker 5: How well?
Speaker 19: Around? Tell you?
Speaker 25: That is true?
Speaker 2: I want to make you understand I'm talking about a lifetime flat.
Speaker 5: Eight after ten.
Speaker 11: That's the way it began.
Speaker 28: We were hand in hand and Miller Fan was better than before.
Speaker 5: Sunday night.
Speaker 7: This is remember Wayne.
Speaker 11: We yell the scream for.
Speaker 3: But you.
Speaker 15: Made us stand across the room.
Speaker 7: Come on, Kevin's getting.
Speaker 11: In platient end it all too soon on the way back home, I promise you never be.
Speaker 7: Come on just see remembering Please.
Speaker 1: We can't wait, you know, I can't wait, just just to be out. Kevin will, Kevin will do his lo in the moment.
Speaker 5: Hello, Kevin Trask, Hello, Simon Owen's Hello, Andrew McLaren. And it's a beautiful song, though, isn't it. Rem It's one of the most popular songs in America. It's a It's huge in America on the charts. It's a great song, perhaps not now on the charts.
Speaker 7: Then let's talk about the most played records.
Speaker 1: Yeah McLaren, Okay, Uh, Kevin, we have to ask this rather somber question, don't we.
Speaker 7: Oh, yes, we do.
Speaker 5: Now I remember when it's time for who died? Kevin?
Speaker 7: Any one become unlive this week? Kevin that I've got very good news. There's no one for me to report. And I thrilled the bits when that happens. Yes, and a long may continue. Death takes a holiday, Yes, excellent.
Speaker 5: But I just thought i'd mentioned the survivors meeting that was on yesterday at the Emerald Hotel.
Speaker 1: In South Any of them close?
Speaker 7: No, not one. They're all standing up and all having very good to hear.
Speaker 5: I just like to run through some of the people who were there. Pete Smith was there, for instance, and Pete Smith did a tribute to Phil which was lovely and he did a great a few minutes on Phil. And in the audience we had people like Angela McGowan, Keith McGowan's partner from years ago. She was back in Melbourne. She was lovely. Doctor Celly Coburn. I had a lovely chat that dtor Celly. Heidi Victoria was there. Lynn Baker from the trots Man, from the local paper.
Speaker 7: That's a rather unfortunate nickname, isn't it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I hope you're feeling well down right there, Ben.
Speaker 1: He spent a lot of time in the smallest room, did he.
Speaker 7: Gary McQuaid was there.
Speaker 5: Three a w former newsreader Bill duff Ash long Ash was one of the organizers. Yes, And Dennis Kaine was there. He spoke a bit and introduced a few speakers. Brian Smith, remember Brian Smith, the TV newsreader from Channel nine.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't.
Speaker 7: Okay, if you saw him, you know him.
Speaker 5: Tony McManus was there, Yes, the old tone Keith Livingston three dB, that's your three k N three ks here he was the doc.
Speaker 7: He's the doc.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's now involved in fire fire.
Speaker 1: Firelight.
Speaker 7: He's an arsonist.
Speaker 1: No putting them out fire firefighter. Firefighters were pretty vintage. Firefighter.
Speaker 7: Wasn't going to kill me at the next.
Speaker 1: Most doesn't do it nineteen sixty two?
Speaker 9: Did he release a calendar at the time that's at fireies.
Speaker 7: After appear with I don't think chest, I don't think.
Speaker 1: We're going to go through every name on the lane.
Speaker 7: I'm going as far as I can.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I want my fault. No I spoke to so I won't check my mouth off. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: There were sixty there.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Gavin Wood was there, John Verdigan, yes, senior or junior, both both both senior and junior. Gordon Bennett from Channel seven was there, rob Curtain, Grant Brown, Darren Hinch was there and Darren said a few words, which is great. Still going here, Andrew Craig Willis. He's a made of yours, isn't he.
Speaker 1: Well I've met him twice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well that makes him mate.
Speaker 11: That'll do.
Speaker 7: We'll dine out on that.
Speaker 5: Ron Win Robinson, your Bronwin was there, Yes, John Allen, Sean Cosgrove, and a lot of apologies from people who couldn't be there. But John Michael Housen, for instance, was coming and he couldn't be there. Yes, and about twenty others of ologized. So it was that great day. And as I say, I'm only organized by Ashlong and Bill duff Well.
Speaker 7: I got an invite from Ash, which I'm very appreciative of. I just couldn't make it to this one, but I am going to come to the next one.
Speaker 5: A lot of people, a lot of people asked about you really. Oh, yes, definitely, said I said, my name's Kevin Trash.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: They said he's not coming, is he?
Speaker 7: No, it was good. It was a great day. No, that's lovely. I'm glad that get together happens because it was originally organized by Burt Newton and that back in the day wasn't.
Speaker 5: Back in the day and Graham Kennedy used to go and Joff Allen and all these sort of people. Now it's continued on over the years.
Speaker 7: And what's the criteria? You have to have worked in radio for twenty five years or so. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It used to be the writeria I don't think listening to that list it would apply that.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I think there's a few people that haven't worked twenty five years. I tell you how I didn't mention, and I shouldn't mention too.
Speaker 7: He's eating into his own time.
Speaker 5: Caroline Aylett and Gwen Johnson. Now Gwen Johnston. She's a regular listener to remember when and she's swizzing guys and dolls and I think nine eighty six images. So that was lovely to have a chat to her about theater, treading the boards, treading the boards.
Speaker 1: Lovely.
Speaker 7: That's it, boys, that's it. That's all I've got to report. All right, Well, we better get to a break in and get the Time Tunnel underway after this.
Speaker 3: Kevin Trask's Time Tunnel. The Blind Factory's Birthday sale is on big savings call one three blinds or head to the Blind Factory dot com dot au. Before it ends, it's time to go back and remember the people, events and to the soundtrack of our lives with Trasks Time Tunnel.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Time tunnel has been entered, it has been opened. The stone has been rolled back. Kevin and we going back to the year I changed the style of underwear I wore.
Speaker 5: So that's a you did.
Speaker 29: I did that particularly year in nineteen eighty Yep, up until that that particularly years, just by chance, I remember, I was wearing the sort of more old fashioned modesty started to go Underwe.
Speaker 5: To jocks you were, I got into the jock you became a jocks boy, and.
Speaker 1: I'd had before. I just said the sort of larger sort of modesty flap sort of arrangement. Anyway, the year was nineteen eighty.
Speaker 7: And when we do next to nineteen ninety six, that's when he changed to the G string that he currently wears.
Speaker 5: Nineteen eighty. Yes, we took about the passing of Maywest. Blank looks on both faces.
Speaker 1: No, West, absolutely come up and see me sometime.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well she was.
Speaker 1: She was a huge star.
Speaker 7: Weren't there rumors that she was actually male? I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I thought there were rumors. I've never heard that rumor, haven't you. No, No, maybe it's.
Speaker 7: Someone else, probably couldn't be. Yeah, I'll shut up now. Sorry.
Speaker 1: I've had a rumor though, that Kevin was one of her paramours, if only briefly.
Speaker 7: Me and carry Grant, carry Grant.
Speaker 1: You and Kerry Grand are paramore.
Speaker 5: No, No, Jane Jane, Jane j May West. May West got Kerry Grand into films, as she did for me too, But mine finished up on the cut floor.
Speaker 1: You didn't come up. It didn't measure up, I think, was what May said.
Speaker 5: That's what she is, exactly what she said. She was a writer, she was a comedian.
Speaker 7: She was.
Speaker 5: She was someone that was sort of stepping over the mark all the time with censorship. She said, censorship, censorship I made a fortune out of it. Was exactly what she did do. And so she was the Kyle Sandylands of her day. Went in a way, yes, yes, pushing.
Speaker 7: Against the the the.
Speaker 1: Norms of society than what I was looking for and the three words.
Speaker 5: She was after the role of Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard in the film, but she knocked her back. I'm glad she did, because I don't think it'd worked with Ma West.
Speaker 11: I would have known.
Speaker 1: Laughing at that last scene and her sashing down the stairs like no, she couldn't.
Speaker 7: Yes, with the gowns and everything. Now, I don't think it quite worked.
Speaker 5: She passed away in her sleep at the age of eighty seven, and she had a pretty good career.
Speaker 7: Throughout her entire life. I liked May May May West have you a.
Speaker 1: Lot of trouble with the old memories is still burned deeper. That resk is.
Speaker 7: Only one syllable in nature of her names.
Speaker 1: History.
Speaker 7: It's the history he had, the emotion this is.
Speaker 1: This is tough for Kevin.
Speaker 5: Let's catch the song, boys, this is who was it?
Speaker 1: May West?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 20: Let me cling onto you like Calvine. Make that low down music, trickle off your spine. Baby, I can warm you with his love.
Speaker 16: Arm mine, no angel, all.
Speaker 20: Let my fee your fingers running through my head. I can give you kisses till you walk on. Love me, honey, love me till I just don't care. No Angel, I'll thank your blues. Stop down your troubles marking with us. Here's your donation, take my mation. You're mine away before the night is gone. Come on, flag this giant so we can carry on.
Speaker 11: I can make it a heaven lout of shades.
Speaker 9: Norway Angel, What do you think?
Speaker 7: Yeah? No, it's good, good, It's different, isn't it great? Style?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm not a huge big voice, but she gets it across.
Speaker 7: She certainly does, just very quickly, and we don't sort of do newsy stuff normally on this show, and we're not.
Speaker 5: Going to break that tradition.
Speaker 7: But I will point out be listening for the news at eleven because currently the US Defense Secretary is up giving a big speech about Operation Midnight Hammer that happened with the US So it's.
Speaker 1: Much a do in the Middle East at the moment once once again.
Speaker 7: Yes, so there's he's talking about that now, so there'll be no doubt updates in the news at eleven.
Speaker 1: Quick Quiz time, Kevin.
Speaker 7: It is too.
Speaker 5: I just before we do that, I mentioned the Sinatra Society of meeting on Tuesday night at the Clayton Arras. Who Frank Sinatra's concert the Americas. It'll be a great night. So that's this coming Tuesday night for the Sinatra Society. Now the quick Quiz. In nineteen eighty, the Logi Awards were held at the Hilton Hotel in Melbourne and hosted by Bert Newton. There were special appearances by overseas stars.
Speaker 1: Which of the.
Speaker 5: Following was not a guest star at the nineteen eighty Logies. Was it a John Enman, B. Dolly Parton, C. Michael York or D. Sillah Black. Not one of those, is not there? Three out of the four were the nineteen eighty logo, correct?
Speaker 7: And that's John Enman, Dolly Parton, Michael York or Silla Black.
Speaker 1: All right, well, just to explain who John Inman is?
Speaker 7: Do you remember? Are you being certain?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: That's what I know.
Speaker 7: He was very big in idea. I would just said that, being sir, would I would say he would have been here because he did a series down under? Are you correct? I'm going to take a punt and say he was here? Dolly Parton?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 7: I actually don't know who Michael York is. Is he a mate of yours from the pub?
Speaker 5: He was in Cabaret? He was one of the leads with Liza Minelli in the film Cabaret. I think it's German? Was he something?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 1: It was English?
Speaker 7: English?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure about it.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going to go Michael Yorke.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say Dolly Parton wasn't here? And wasn't it the logis?
Speaker 11: Ben?
Speaker 10: I think it might be Stilla Black? Oh, yes, because I don't remember Silla Black going to the logis. It's not saying she didn't, but I just don't remember.
Speaker 7: You don't remember her doing that fifteen years before you were born.
Speaker 11: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we are, here's the rap, because we're going to get the pace up. Yes, yes, yes, John Inman, are you being served? Yes, he was there, Michael York Cabaret, Yes, he was there. Andrew still the black Yes, she was there. Oh Andrews right, and Andrew, congratulations because Dolly Parton was nowhere near the Hilton Hotel in Melbourne in nineteen eighty Yes, yes, yes, I thought that's the first one you've ever got, right, I think.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, oh no, we can go back over the tapes. I'll send them round to you, thank you. I'll deliver them tomorrow.
Speaker 7: You've got nothing to do tomorrow. Listen to them all day.
Speaker 10: He's got a shelf full of them. He keeps keeps all these wins every single week.
Speaker 7: Well, and that makes sense it would be Dolly, because if Bert was hosting, Paddy wouldn't have let Dolly anywhere near him. All right, let's move wong then to what was happening at that time in films of nineteen eighty seven, great year for films.
Speaker 5: The Empire strikes strikes back nine to five Elephant Man, Ordinary People, and the Best Picture went to Ordinary People as well. But here in Australia, Break a Morant was the big one. This was based on the story of the Boll War and what a cast Edward Wood would Yeah, why are you saying it?
Speaker 7: That's what his name sounds like if you take all the ds out. Okay, he was in it.
Speaker 5: Jack Thompson, Brian Brown, Bud Tingwall and John ward Is in a strong cast.
Speaker 7: I think it was.
Speaker 5: I think you were actually one of the best Australian films ever made. I think it one day.
Speaker 7: A lot of people don't like Australian films. Did you know that, Andrew?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're looking at one right now.
Speaker 7: Well have you ever watched to Break a Morant?
Speaker 30: No?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it. To my shame, I have not.
Speaker 7: It's a magnificent film. We'll we'll have to have a night where we all get together and watch it. I think, yes, well we'll do that. Thursday is good for you guys.
Speaker 1: Those underpants to try on.
Speaker 5: I can read the.
Speaker 31: Uh.
Speaker 5: It won ten awards at the AFI Awards and it is playing regularly. I think on World Movies, SBS World Movies, they played from time to time, but I will never forget the AFI Awards. They brought in a pipe band and they were playing that Soldiers of the Queen, No Down, and it was marvelous. But here's the song, and it was actually recorded by Edward Would.
Speaker 1: Would Would Would Woo woo.
Speaker 7: Yea it breaks erect.
Speaker 15: It's the solace in the fight for engl clo. It's old wild glory.
Speaker 11: Let us see.
Speaker 2: And when we say we fall is what?
Speaker 15: And when they ask us are it's not? We'll proudly point to everyone of England, soldiers of the way.
Speaker 16: The word.
Speaker 7: There are a bit of Edward Woodwood singing Soldiers of the Queen. My dad had the pleasure of arresting Edward Woodwood. There's a story for it.
Speaker 5: Your father arrested Edward Woodwood.
Speaker 7: Yes, he and a bunch of others. He was I think it was in his days in the UK, because Dad's English. He was a bobby over there. And yeah, Edward wood Would I can't remember what the charge was, a drunken disorderly or something.
Speaker 5: Like that, but he was rather full of himself. He pulled the old do you know who I am?
Speaker 11: Thing?
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, And they didn't care they just arrested him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we move on though. Films of nine in eighty we're talking about this is the year of the time tunnel this week and this movie was right down quite understand. Barroom Buddies, what's that all about?
Speaker 5: Well, the song is Barroom Buddies and it comes from a film called Bronco Billy and Bronco Billy starred Committed Eastwood and Sondra Lockey, directed by Eastwood.
Speaker 7: He directed it.
Speaker 5: And and do you remember Moole Haggard, Oh, the country singer. Yeah, he was a big country singer. He had heaps and heaps of hits. None of them were really hit popular in Australia, but overseas in America he was huge. So we've got this film where Clint Eastwood's playing a someone in a wild West shot. He's throwing knives, that's he occupation, throw over the dives. But they go into the bar, him and Merle Haggard, and they're sitting at the bar and they've seen this song in the middle of the film called by Room Buddies. And so it's Clint Eastwood having a good time with meule hanguiy it. Hey, I want to sing till the feeling gets it right.
Speaker 8: Well, that's harmonized, will be dynamite.
Speaker 1: I told a little high notes, have done it for years.
Speaker 7: Good deal, old buddy, and all four of the beards.
Speaker 5: There's always some lady alone at the park.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you always let her know just who you are.
Speaker 15: I know a couple gals and weekend called down there.
Speaker 11: Shake the picture right off.
Speaker 19: Woh, we're ballroom buddies and that's the best cat buddy foods with a buddy of mine.
Speaker 5: I laugh when you're happy, and I cry when you're blood.
Speaker 7: We're bareroom buddies.
Speaker 28: And we're doing fine.
Speaker 26: So pore me and never we got nothing but time, old chuggle lugger lugging barroom buddy of mine.
Speaker 5: What a great song.
Speaker 1: It's good fun. So you've never heard that before.
Speaker 7: Clint loved it. Case plays piano and he did a bit singing, singing paint your wagon. I talked to the truth, Yes.
Speaker 5: He did soon, but that wasn't good. I think this was.
Speaker 11: It was quite good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I think he's having a bit of fun there with me.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Mill passed away a few years ago, but Clint's still going strong. Yeah, into his nineties into his nineties, I recalled the fabulous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, incredible. All right, we'll come back with more. In Trask's Time, Tunnel the shows, the television, the mystery Voice who Died, and some of the popular songs all ahead in trasks Time, Tunnle nineteen eighty and asks Timetunnel Kevin, what were the shows of nineteen eighty.
Speaker 5: Well, we shined the spotlight on the Unmasked tour of nineteen eighty. Andrew looks a little bit puzzled.
Speaker 1: Ye, yeah, it just been confused.
Speaker 7: This is Kiss.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, never a Kiss fan, but no, they were huge that year.
Speaker 5: They were at at Waverley Park and I was out there with my children, Andrew and Natalie, and they were fans, and I didn't know what to expect. As soon as I got in there and I saw the stage with speakers up into the clouds and these people come out with all this makeup on.
Speaker 7: I thought, I don't think I'm gonna like this.
Speaker 5: So when it started it was deafening, and my children.
Speaker 1: Going, yeah, it's a fat great dad, a great time.
Speaker 5: And I got down under the seat and I got as much paper as I could possibly get to shove in my ears, So I blocked the sound up with that with the paper, and I was able to survive the show. But those years have gone by.
Speaker 7: I don't mind kiss No. I like Shandy. I think was my favorite song of their.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell her. Gene Simmons is one of the cleverest businessmen in the world of music I've ever known.
Speaker 7: Did you meet him?
Speaker 1: No, I've never met him, but I've just seen an interview with him, and he is one switched on dude. Ben, You do you agree with me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like he's just frighteningly intelligent.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because there are some people like that you would never like, particularly with Gene Simmons. Do you think, oh, he's a bit of a rocker. He's got an idiot.
Speaker 9: An idiot, No, not intelligent.
Speaker 5: You had to have a long tongue to be kissed, didn't he. Well, it was that was Gene Simmons.
Speaker 7: I don't know about the others as such, but but we were we were doing Nightline one night and as some publicist I can't even remember who it was, rang Us and he was at a function with Gene Simmons and he said, I've got Gene Simmons here, do you want to chat to him? So I said to Bruce and Field, do you want to chat to Gene Simmons from Kiss and Bruce of course has gone yeah, putty on brisk Jeane, You're good to have a chatto. What you been up to? Well, Bruce, I've been looking into the political dealings that have been going on and it starts on with this very ABC type discussion Bruce and philivego. I have know idy what he's talking about.
Speaker 5: It was wondering did you have a copy of that?
Speaker 7: I don't think it was in the days before I used to archive everything, so I don't want to do It'll probably be in the highlights reel of Nightline for that night. Yeah, so I'll have the highlights reel, but I've got thousands of them and just haven't got the time to archive them all. Well, that would be an absolute ripper.
Speaker 5: I'll find it eventually.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I wonder what the neighbors would have thought out there at Waverley Park and maybe you might have been able to hear the concert at through a w if you opened the window because it was pretty loud.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I see the AFL have bought AFL Park of Waverley Park. Do you see that in the paper the other day?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Actually bought it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So now we're going to hear the Kiss with the opening on stage at Waverley Park in nineteen eighty. No, God, you wanted that.
Speaker 11: I have got the.
Speaker 21: Fan in the world.
Speaker 8: A dandy.
Speaker 1: Time. I want to see it.
Speaker 5: Joy rides.
Speaker 11: Feel the Mage's.
Speaker 1: Something that I be wise and died. We're gonna make it all come true.
Speaker 15: This girl's from made for me, A girl I was made for you.
Speaker 1: I worked good.
Speaker 7: I'm with you, Kevin. I wasn't really a fan at the time as such, but they really grew on my years.
Speaker 5: I mind the fabulous, but I just take this paper out of my ear.
Speaker 1: Television in nineteen eighty, Kevin.
Speaker 5: Yes, television in nineteen eighty we had things like Faulty Towers, soap Dallas.
Speaker 7: Dallas was big, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: I never watched it.
Speaker 1: Nothing I did because I was working nights of three out doubly during It's mostly a lot of the drum.
Speaker 5: Yes, that was the one with Blarry Hagman.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I still don't know who shot JR. The famous episodes of television.
Speaker 5: Christian Shepherd Christian Shepherd just comes to mind for me, spoilers.
Speaker 7: Out of nowhere.
Speaker 5: I just plucked that.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that, Andrew? Yeah, very well done. Think that's why they keep using you here.
Speaker 5: And The Sullivans, of course, was on and we had Paul Cronin dear Paul as a co host here on Nightline and remember when yeah, so many many years, but he was terrific as Dave Sullivan in The Sullivans. Here's a little bit of an interview with Ian Maurice the Bear up on four BC in Brisbane talking to Paul Cronan about The Sullivans.
Speaker 32: When you were when you were studying the role after I said yeah you got the job, did you study anyone in particular?
Speaker 33: I mean, what do you mean me?
Speaker 5: What a silly question.
Speaker 33: No, it's a very good question because I modeled Dave Sullivan.
Speaker 5: And my father.
Speaker 12: Well, did you then that he was exactly the.
Speaker 33: Same type of bloke that the script called for.
Speaker 30: We all had a couple of pages of this is your character and the day was a father, I forget what he was probably forty and he's got four children, he's got a wife, Grace, and he's he's a Protestant she's a Catholic.
Speaker 33: They married behind the aultar whatever that means. We think we know what that means. And it starts three days before World War two broke out, and we're listening to men'sies making his speech. Prior to his speech was the speech by Churchill, and we were then we work camped around for a little wireless in those days as a family listening to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big show.
Speaker 5: I never missed it, never said yeah, and lovely to hear Paul's voice, it is.
Speaker 7: It is love. He is a lovely, lovely man.
Speaker 1: And then of course Grace caught the plan and she died, and didn't she remember, Yeah, I think Grace Alvin, Yes she perished a plan crash, Yes she did.
Speaker 7: H all right, mystery voice time, Yes, after the break, we'll do the mystery. We look forward to taking your course. Well it it just gives us time to set it all up because if we if we knock it off in two minutes, fine, but if it goes ten minutes, we're going to be sandwiched up to news. So it's just a formatic, all right. So I'd like to squeeze a break in here, a mystery voice, We get your mobiles ready because we want you to text us after the break fourteen.
Speaker 1: To eleven, the time tunnel will remember when this is the tricky part, Simon.
Speaker 7: It is the mystery voice. Kevin Trask is about to play us a mystery voice. Then we're going to guess who it is, and we invite you to do the same by texting your answer. Zero four double seven six nine three six nine three is the number when you think you know who it is. Ben has hidden them from our view so we can't cheat. And Kevin, do we have a clue? Well, the clue is it's not a song tonight.
Speaker 5: I'm talking to someone interviewing someone who is the person I'm talking to, So everybody, I'll have to listen very closely. You do this and work out who it is. It was the mystery voice. Why did you pick Astray? It's a long way from Broadway. It's off Broadway as we know, but also there's a freedom here, you know, on the road.
Speaker 34: My road to make in this musical was it was quite a tough one because there's so many gatekeepers.
Speaker 5: That want to do it their way or they don't want to do.
Speaker 11: It at all.
Speaker 34: So in the end, I kind of decided to do it myself and this is why. And I found that Melbourne was great and it was open, it was positive, and when I toured here in twenty ten, I just felt, wow, this this is a great city. And I thought, well, Sydney's a good city too, but I mean Melbourne was really good for me and I felt this is the place.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is a new and never have an interview as a mystery voice before, not in my time.
Speaker 7: No, you don't do very often.
Speaker 5: So what sort of accent is that?
Speaker 1: Living old English? It's British, but I don't know where where're from.
Speaker 7: It's got to live a Puddley and twang into my year, I think, would that be right? I'm not sure on that question. Where he came from?
Speaker 1: He's been here in twenty ten until it here, then he mentions, and he's come back? Was he later on? I've got no idea ben at all anything.
Speaker 9: Are they a promoter or are they an actor?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 7: Here we go, very very good. A promoter or an actor neither?
Speaker 1: Ok So a singer, yes.
Speaker 7: On stage musicals as were like theater or concerts concerts?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 9: Were they born in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 5: No, he's around in nineteen eighty and very popular.
Speaker 1: Still with us today.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, Ringo not ringo.
Speaker 5: That is that liver liidal sound of liver nothing nothing to do with the Beatles.
Speaker 31: Okay.
Speaker 7: I just had to get that out because that's that it was clogging up my head from the you're in release mode. You'll probably come up with the answer, okay.
Speaker 1: Well known for TV appearances more than no, not well known for live concerts and recordings, recording English singers.
Speaker 9: Would it be someone like Tom Jones?
Speaker 5: Like, no, not the sort of sort of Ron Stewart Engler, No, no, No, you're on the track though.
Speaker 1: There's O'Connor.
Speaker 5: Not there's O'Connor, my mate what's his what's his name? The Max bi Graves, not back Max bio Graves. I think we should play it again and have a quick listen to this voice.
Speaker 7: All right, Why did you pick Australia.
Speaker 34: It's it's a long way from Broadway, it's off Broadway as we know, and but also there's.
Speaker 5: A freedom here, you know, on the road.
Speaker 34: My road to making this musical was it was quite a tough one because there's so many gatekeepers that want to do it their way, or they don't want to do it at all. So in the end I kind of I decided to do it myself.
Speaker 1: And this is why.
Speaker 34: And I found that Melbourne was great and it was open, it was positive, and when I toured here in twenty ten, I just felt, wow, this this is a great city. And I thought, well, Sydney is a good city too, but I mean Melbourne was really good for me and I felt this is the place.
Speaker 5: Did you say still with us?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, so rules out David Bowie, Mick Jagger not.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what's what would like a little sneer doesn't hurt you.
Speaker 9: You know what's the musical he's talking about?
Speaker 7: That's the key. Yeah, that's the key gives us answers.
Speaker 5: The musical You've done remarkably well, Ben, because that is the key.
Speaker 1: And the whole thing is is Is it an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical?
Speaker 7: No, it's not. Is it Michael Crawford? It's not Michael Crawford is the music?
Speaker 5: Because you said he's not a stage actor. Though he's not a stage actor, he's a concert performer. But he spoke about bringing this musical which he wrote, he wrote, who wrote it? He wrote a musical, not one of the other people. Oh yeah, I know what.
Speaker 7: They're Swedish. That was an English accent.
Speaker 35: So is.
Speaker 7: He's very big in the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 5: I'd say bigger in the nineteen seventies, in the nineteen eighties and a number of hit songs. Oh seventies, Yeah, tough, this is good. Okay, Well, I think times on the wings. I'm going to get the big clue. He uses a stage name.
Speaker 7: It's Elton John. It's not Elton John.
Speaker 5: Cliff Richard's instance, and part of his stage diamond is part of his stage name is something to do with an animal, an animal bear, Bobby given it to you, Eddie the Ernie muskrat no a domestic animal.
Speaker 7: Cat, Cat Stevens. Cat Stevens is correct.
Speaker 5: I am talking to Cat Stevens about his musical Moonshok Moonshadow, which was on at the Princess Theater, probably the best part of maybe ten years.
Speaker 7: It almost it almost makes perfect sense now when you when that happens. But how sad is that that?
Speaker 5: We would never.
Speaker 1: Was?
Speaker 5: It was a tough one.
Speaker 7: Ahea, did the listeners go well? Five minutes ago exactly, Catherine wrote use of Islam, also known as Cat Stevens. That was the third text we received. So it's very quick of you, Catherine, Well done, Well done. Other suggestions Andrew Lloyd Webber, Michael Palin, Tommy I don't know, Terry Gilli and Michael Kine. No, you'd know if it was Michael Kaine, Ben Elton, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Graham Chapman.
Speaker 5: As great answers there, but yeah, but well done. Well that wouldn't have got Cat Stevens.
Speaker 7: All right, we could time to square. No, we're sort of running late here. We'll need to break and then come back. I think with the popular songs of nineteen eighty after.
Speaker 1: This, okay, the hit songs of nineteen eighty.
Speaker 5: Kevin Trausk, who's seen these boys? Another brick in the wall?
Speaker 7: Pink Floyd, correct.
Speaker 5: Magic, Olivit and John Have you've just been talking about her? Yep, do that to me one more time, Captain, Yeah, very good, it's still rock roll to me. Billy Joel.
Speaker 7: The Rose.
Speaker 5: Lost in love air supply so far Coward of the County, Kenny Rodgers.
Speaker 7: Yes, we don't talk anymore. We don't come on, Ben, we don't talk anymore.
Speaker 5: We should know that one.
Speaker 1: What is it? Who was it?
Speaker 7: Cliff Ridgard?
Speaker 1: Of course, is that the one was on roller skates?
Speaker 5: No, that was wired for saving Yeah, cool cool change, Frankie Lane, No, that was cool water close.
Speaker 11: Who is it?
Speaker 7: A little riverband?
Speaker 5: We can allow people just sticking their head in the door of giving the answers.
Speaker 7: It's my fault for leaving the door open.
Speaker 5: What what about fame fame Irene car very good, one fine day, one fine.
Speaker 9: John Farnon.
Speaker 7: Even Tony's wincing. Now, no one find is that.
Speaker 1: The revival of the song for the Chiffons, Well, it could be.
Speaker 5: This is no I think she wrote this. This is a female singer, Carol King. Yes, Carol Carol King is correct.
Speaker 7: I thought so. I always knew that thank you. You won't get this one, And and the mystery voice is sticking.
Speaker 5: He's entering the door. Won't get it either. Pilot of the airwaves of the waves was.
Speaker 1: Off with that harmony.
Speaker 7: But yeah, oh, come on, I can see the forty.
Speaker 5: Five it was on.
Speaker 7: It was on what's the name of the singer on the forty.
Speaker 1: Five that's gone waves?
Speaker 5: Come on, I do know this. This is sad because you one hundred percent up to this and you're the last question. You're going to blow it? Boys, Yeah, this is said initials.
Speaker 7: Yes, initials might help c d.
Speaker 1: Oh compact this?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 7: Yes, no, not compact his first name shit shit chur chur chart chart.
Speaker 5: Daniels Who Charlie Daniel, No that's not right, no Charlie, No, admit to Charlie dare. Okay, No, I wouldn't have got that at all. Then, yeah, that's okay. You can't get them all right. Did you like Fiddler's Dram Yes?
Speaker 7: I did very much.
Speaker 5: So they had a lovely hit and I love this one day trip to Bangor.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, we've taken so long with those. We're heading off the news.
Speaker 5: Where we go next week? Kevin nineteen ninety one, boys who yod not everyone, thank you for all you do.
Speaker 21: Recall the tele as we walked along the sea crunch and then on the sand here and a brass banda the day Gerara, Elsy and uncom took the candle about out.
Speaker 1: Dash over by.
Speaker 30: Remember them, remember the reason, Remember remember remember.
Speaker 7: Then, remember that and remember remember remember.
Speaker 24: Remember that that night we.
Speaker 5: Fell in loyal beneath the stars by that's just a.
Speaker 22: Lot then.
Speaker 7: Remember remember remember Ben Then that's right, what a great song.
Speaker 1: Lovely that's not the original version, but it's a good version of it all the same.
Speaker 7: Who did the original I think it was the Earls.
Speaker 1: The Earl, Yes, one of the how many approximately ten million singing groups that came out of America in the fifties and sixties, doing it with a sound similar to the Yes everything sounded like that, but I love it same. I'm not knocking at at the.
Speaker 7: Genre or whatever it is zoom groups like that.
Speaker 29: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's good to be here with you for the last I remember when we want your calls to well come out. We've got the montage, but we do want some calls as well. Down we simon most definitely, if I may for something more please. The Muppet Movie premiered in cinemas on this day, Dune twenty second, in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 7: That is the day today, isn't it. Yes, I hope to say the Muppet Movie. I love the Muppets. I don't know about you, but I just think they're wonderful.
Speaker 1: I sort of missed the Muppets. You don't understand. I was just a little too old for muppetry. Yeah, it was just a little bit a little too late to me.
Speaker 7: Hey, been, can you do us a favor and shut the door.
Speaker 5: We can hear Caroly talking to Tony. Thanks mate, they're just a little bit loud.
Speaker 1: Well you will leave this door open?
Speaker 5: Well I do I leave the door open for me?
Speaker 1: Is it because of my body?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 1: Be honest, No, Look, if we're going to work together.
Speaker 7: As much garlic as you like, I really don't mind.
Speaker 1: In other words, it is no, thank you, No, it's not.
Speaker 5: No, it's just knew.
Speaker 1: I knew the honeymoon will be over sooner and later. It's all been. Oh, Andrew you a wonderful I just adore Sunday nights with you. And now the truth is only to come.
Speaker 5: Out, miss Phil. No, it is.
Speaker 7: It is a pleasure working with you. And no, it's my own Oh it was the muppet thing. It's my own claustrophobia that makes me keep the door.
Speaker 1: Open, really, because it's a pretty big studio, but the walls sort of close.
Speaker 5: In on you.
Speaker 1: After thirty years, there has been a long hard call, hasn't it.
Speaker 7: I've had such a tough life working in radio. Gee, I've had a dream Run, Haven't I.
Speaker 1: Pretty damn good? Yes, it is the same at the one station we move on.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 7: So the Muppet Movie premiered in cinemas on this day, and that makes me think of I love the Muppets. I love non human characters throughout my whole childhood and everything, watching Humphrey be Bear when I was little, watching Sesame Street with all the characters again, Jim Hansen's Muppets, even watching play School with Big Ted and Humpty and all of those, Jemima the Doll. I love those non human characters. Well have peppered our entertainment.
Speaker 1: Well, for me, it's Daffy Duck all the way, Oh lovely, Yeah, the sarcastic, the really quite adult Daffy Duck making comments that really only adults would get. It's just entertainment from the time of being a kid and mine. I'm going to throw in one from really left field. And there are only two or three cartoons made of him, I think in the fifties, and they were shown on TV for a while and shown in theaters. It was Nutty Squirrel. Anyone remembered, by any chance, Nutty Squirrel nutting. It was manic. He was absolutely manic in the Daffy Duck school of her behavior and full of very adult asides about the content of the cutter anyway, but Daffy Duck normally was just the one that stood out for me.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, Well, Daffy Duck, I think is a great choice of Disney's equivalent, Donald Duck as well. Why is it that ducks are always portrayed as being angry.
Speaker 1: Full of angs, don't they? And Donald's short wick was very funny.
Speaker 5: I was wonderful.
Speaker 1: He explodes on anything really once wrong sentence and he's lost it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're wonderful characters. And that's what I want in calls. That's what I want to throw in here, non human characters that we've enjoyed.
Speaker 1: And I would love to keep going with something I raised a little earlier on the program, and that is the records your parents played, Not the ones you brought home, the ones your parents played, the ones that take you back to being a kid sitting around in front of the radiogram, perhaps on a Saturday night, and your parents put on the think listener mentioned earlier soundtrack of The King, and I think I can't remember who was one of the records but it also surprives me a little bit with parents who are much younger than my parents. Of course, from another generation people who are listening to in excess is as young with kids. Give us a call, tell us what were the songs the records that your parents had in their collection.
Speaker 7: We did get a couple of texts on that. Our grandmother used to think we'd like listening to her album of Max Bygraves singing I'm a pink toothbrush.
Speaker 1: Not I remember that song. It was pretty annoying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my mum loved Cliff Richards. My dad loved Foster and Allen. Max on your Max, Thank you for.
Speaker 5: That was that big song.
Speaker 1: There was an old song that revived Foster and all when he was sweet sixteen or something like that.
Speaker 5: It was like a whale song.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, something like that. All right, So now it is montage time that we want your calls. But if you also want to play in the montage, we're going to do that now quickly before we break, we play montage of songs here. All of these songs were collectively in the charts in one particular year, where not after the year that they were released, because some of them will have been released the year before. But we want to know when all of these songs collectively were in the charts together. When you think you know, text your answer to zero four double seven six nine three six nine three. We'll read the five winners of ten winners out. Sorry when we compile those after we get this.
Speaker 28: I'm at my level right out down down by the river side, down by the river side, down by the river side.
Speaker 11: Day.
Speaker 1: This has been what a rare mood.
Speaker 26: I'm ind Wyatt's almost like being in love.
Speaker 11: Bless your beautiful hide wherever you.
Speaker 31: Maybe we ain't bet.
Speaker 11: Yet, but I'm a willing to bet the gal For me.
Speaker 5: Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in.
Speaker 21: The mall, going court, go court.
Speaker 9: Oh, we set your senses in the world.
Speaker 21: Go and court, go and court doooning up to go and see good night sweetheart.
Speaker 19: Well it's time to go.
Speaker 21: Good night, sweetheart, Well it's time to go.
Speaker 2: I hate to leave you, but I really must say good night, sweet heart.
Speaker 5: Good night.
Speaker 28: I get no kick from champagne, me alcohol.
Speaker 11: It doesn't move me at all.
Speaker 5: Hap the maze river, while the old mill run.
Speaker 9: Hop the mazy river.
Speaker 36: The new day's sun blow me keys from across the rooms, say I look nice when I'm not touch my I hair as you pass my chair. Little things need a long.
Speaker 20: Another bride, another jew another sidey honeymood, another season, another reason for.
Speaker 1: Making wood.
Speaker 35: And mumbo mambo talano and coumbo mambo talana. Coo you mixed subsidy Leana or your calibrazy?
Speaker 3: Do the mumble like a crazy one.
Speaker 5: Marfa loves mambo, Mama loves mambo.
Speaker 9: Look at him sway with it, getting so gay with it. Shout no labor it bound, shouts from.
Speaker 19: A his t.
Speaker 1: Even chow the gold.
Speaker 19: And John ship them, ship them, ship ship them.
Speaker 5: I said, take rattling road, I said, take ding road.
Speaker 8: I said, take riding road.
Speaker 26: Smile, Oh your heart is oaking smile even though it's breaking.
Speaker 4: All the barnyard is busy in a regularities, and the obvious reason is because of the season.
Speaker 26: Cher my.
Speaker 27: Stranger bar.
Speaker 2: Did you say got a lot to learn? Well, don't think I'm trying not to learn. Since this is the perfect spot.
Speaker 19: Touler, teach me to not.
Speaker 15: Very tale.
Speaker 1: Can come true. It can happen to you.
Speaker 11: If you're young at home.
Speaker 37: This floor ain't got tired to pick the shingles. Ain't not tired to pix the floor, Ain't that tired. It's not a hantle window paint. Ain't want to eat this house no longer?
Speaker 19: Please, getting ready to read the same, ready to.
Speaker 5: Be there we go. How's that Andy?
Speaker 1: That is the sound of the fifties. But what exactly exactly?
Speaker 5: I'm just a bit the whole house rose me clooney.
Speaker 1: I think that's I heard throw one of my favorite songs of the fifties, blow me a kiss. Little things mean a lot. I love the line it brush my hair as you pass my chair. Little things mean a lot. I would hate Joanne to do it though with me, because my wig would you know, in my case, might come off it get.
Speaker 5: Caught on those mesh gloves she wears.
Speaker 1: She's so addicted to them. And anyway, moving on.
Speaker 5: When I say mesh, I mean chain mail.
Speaker 7: But you know that's that's what the hell, that's that whole costume drama thing she's going through.
Speaker 32: Christus, But we don't get me too. I think it's nineteen fifty four. You are spot on, and normally we give out the first ten to correctly guess. Everyone's been all around tonight. But we only have five people who correctly guess nineteen fifty four, so well done to them. John of Packenham was the first to correctly guess. Chris of Adelaide was second. Jenny from Narry, Warren Michelle of Doncaster and Rob of Richmond were the only five to correctly guess. Maybe we're getting it's getting a bit. It's a bit sad, isn't it that we always get plenty of winners? Nineteen fifty four is a tough one. I guess it's getting so far back in time it is.
Speaker 7: It's seventy years seventy one years ago.
Speaker 5: Whoa wow?
Speaker 1: I mean, I of course don't remember it when it would happen, any of these songs. Of course I've just been told about them my old people. Yes, old announcers in the game.
Speaker 7: Well your parents would have listened to some of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would have. They would have. Actually, hey, can I be a realness? Is not right now? Ben? But can you look up just to make me well? I'll probably start whimpering, which may not be that good anyway. Can you look up and see if it's there Freddie Gardner playing these foolish things.
Speaker 7: Pretty gardener was the sex was the saxophoners my parents just loved.
Speaker 1: And many a Saturday night would go by with the precedent radiogram playing in the lounge room at thirteen Smith Streets and killed her and the dad in the corner with the abbots and the mum sitting in front of the fire, which is never adequate. They look lovely and they're very ambiyond, aren't they coal fires or wood firees? But you if you stood more than sort of about six feet from the fire, you didn't get any of the benefit of it.
Speaker 7: No, unless it was in a like a canar. Oh no, this was just an open fire. An open fireplace almost doesn't. The heat just goes straight up the chimney.
Speaker 1: Very inefficient. But the canars are much better.
Speaker 7: For you've got to have a screaming great fire in there to actually get the radio.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much was that that lounge room pretty damn cold if you weren't sitting on top of the fire. Yes, anyway, one to double three six nine three records your parents had in their collection. Also, our Simon wants to know about your favorite cartoon character, well, the.
Speaker 7: Favorite non human Papa to cartoon character. Anything that's just not human, all right, and we'll take your.
Speaker 1: Calls after the Oh, here we go, Oh Freddie, thank you to the news, the great Freddie Gardner who died servicing his car in nineteen fifty or son, Oh, really underneath sitting underneath his car. I think that's mom and Dad's copy. It was spratched like that too, and another chorus and about this time out here Andrew, time for bed. I was just a moodset of for Mum and dad. Bossn't they're sending little Andy off to an early night? So I never thought about that, but I think there could be. Yes, of course there was Saturday night. Yes, oh beds, all right, Yes.
Speaker 7: Back after this with your calls. Hello there, we're back and taking your calls now on one double three six nine three. Leanne has called in from Miniat for you.
Speaker 1: Andrew, Hi, Leanne.
Speaker 6: Hi, Andrew, Simon and Ben. I have one for each of you. I've got Ren and Stimpy.
Speaker 7: Oh wonderful cartoons, yes, and.
Speaker 6: The albums that these are just some of many. My mum used to listen to Santana, the Four Tops, the Beatles, Hot August Night, Barry White, Jose ap Lisiana Pink Floyd C. C and g Is quite through the start that I can remember when I was little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you grow up with that music leaves an imprint on you for life, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: Absolutely? And I could go for Miles and Miles with the albums of the other parent, but they're the ones that's mum. I used to just sit there in front of the stereo when she played them.
Speaker 1: Very influential, isn't it. And you still like that music, that sort of music of your mums today.
Speaker 6: I love all of it. I love I love stuff from like bluegrass right through to today. I like a bars for a variety of music.
Speaker 5: Oh that's great, Yeah, nice, Yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 7: Thanks le Anne, thank you, thank you, No worries, take it cheers. Lynn is in Melton, High Lynn.
Speaker 31: Hey, Simon, Andrew Benn. Yeah, old records. Well I can remember as a little kid, I would have been probably six six years old, and at this time my mother would put on Mary Lanza. Yes, yeah, and you're talking about talking about non human cartoon character's. My favorite is Marv and the Martian. There should have been no shattering kaboon.
Speaker 7: Yes, they claim this planet in the name of Mars.
Speaker 31: Exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's wonderful Marv and the Martian was that his own series? The character he was a Warner Brothers cartoon character. Remember little You didn't sort of ever see his face. He had a big green helmet and these two big white eyes would peer out.
Speaker 5: From the helmet.
Speaker 7: But he was just his little little character, and he was a Martian who would come to clay Earth as his own planet. And I think it was usually in a fight with bugs Bunny, wasn't he?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 31: Get for a minute. I want to wish Taylor a happy birthday. Yeah, and I happen to do my wife's birthday to day as well.
Speaker 5: Is she thirty like Taylor is?
Speaker 31: No, you can add a few years on just a couple, all.
Speaker 5: Right, fair enough?
Speaker 7: Well, happy birthday to your life. Did I hear grown in the background there later?
Speaker 16: No, No at all.
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 31: We we had a wonderful day.
Speaker 7: Oh it's like, did you go out for dinner?
Speaker 31: I know we went after lunch. We went out to a lovely hotel in Riddles Creek, a very relaxing noice atmosphere and lovely place.
Speaker 8: What do you have.
Speaker 31: For lunch?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 31: Rather boring for me. Oh yeah, there's got all these things or I would I have I can't remember now. I think I had a hang on a second chickens n Yeah, oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, old pub favorite.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with the chicken Stitz. That's good memories of you with your mum. And Murray Alandsa. Just to explain for people who don't know, in his day, Murray Alandser was a huge star. Yeah, so it was sort of like a Who's a ten today? I can't think? And yeah, all that lot of the nineteen fifties and the Blind Guy Andrea bo that's idea. And Lens had a fabulous voice and had lots of sort of pop hit records. It was. He had an amazing career, but it was sadly died at the age of thirty nine.
Speaker 5: Was he that young? Wow?
Speaker 13: Ye?
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you, Lenn. We must take a break. It's eleven thirty before remember when it's done for the night. We want your calls please one double three six nine three. But we're not that far from the Mervin.
Speaker 7: Twenty seven to Midnight on three A W and Andrew McLaren and I are here taking your calls, which includes Simon of Kolakhi Simon.
Speaker 18: My mom.
Speaker 14: This was listen very Ben Cosey and Perry.
Speaker 5: Nice and.
Speaker 27: Uh Calin.
Speaker 12: I loved.
Speaker 1: Wonderful character.
Speaker 12: Yes, and miss Percy.
Speaker 1: Yes, all those those Warner Brothers cutters have got to be They're still funny. And some of them are seventy years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and every one of them was brilliant.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 16: And they were saying oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And some of the voices done by the one man wasn't it was blank blank didn't basically did them all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good on assignment.
Speaker 5: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: In lovely collect and we are now with Caroline of Glenn. Caroline of Glenn Osmond.
Speaker 17: Hello, I'm Warner Brothers as well, and I love bugs Bunny Yappy Duck and Wali Kiog and Pepie Lapel.
Speaker 7: Wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just one little thing. I'm sorry, but my ignorance geographical ignorance. Where's Glen Osmond Adelaide?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I said, I'm sorry, I just didn't know. Thank you Caroline for filling us in.
Speaker 7: It's wonderful. How come you listening to us from Adelaide this evening, Caroline? Is that something you often do?
Speaker 8: I always do.
Speaker 17: There's no talkback radio in Adelaide anymore, so I listened to three A w on the apple the time.
Speaker 1: What's happened to five double A?
Speaker 7: Well, don't be sending her off to another station. You're not a five double A fan, No nobody is.
Speaker 17: It's the bottom of the ratings. It's crap.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, oh fair, And.
Speaker 1: Were getting the load down on Adelaide ready, Yeah, thank you, Caroline. Welcome, anyone's welcome.
Speaker 5: Glad to have you with us spring a word. Yeah, it's that's lovely.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Caroline. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I think that wonderful stone they built or they used to build houses in sort of sand sandstone whatever, it is beautiful. We just don't have it here. And we've got the bluestone and other materials, but there's the native sort of rock.
Speaker 5: The same in Perth.
Speaker 7: Perth is or sort of big white buildings sandstone, I assume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just don't see that color. It's just some of those nineteen ten homes in Adelaide, up on the Adelaide Hills, they're just glorious.
Speaker 7: You know what, I've never liked what's that orange brick?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 7: No, never warmed to orange crick, which I think was nineteen sixties.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it it was an into the seventies. And when we say that, of course we're not talking about the orange brick houses that listeners to remember when they are malus that's another shade of orange, yes, and that they glow beautifully in the night and all that. So we're not talking to you. You understand that.
Speaker 7: If you think I was referencing your house, No, somebody else's around the corner.
Speaker 5: Who listens to five.
Speaker 1: So one of those times, yeah, yeah, they were triple M.
Speaker 7: They'd be triple M listeners. I'm sure Darren is in Ipswich.
Speaker 13: Darren, Yeah, Yeah, gentlemen, I've got a record. It's not a mother bought it for me. I'm seventy five, and I remember when I was six, and it was on a forty five and it was presented by a radio announcer I think it was three k Z called Norman Swain.
Speaker 5: Yes, and uncle Norman.
Speaker 13: Norman Swain put out this forty five called The Meaning of Christmas. It's one of the most beautiful stories. And I still got the record, and I've prepared to Michael Well final grandkids now, and yeah, Norman Swain is on Planet Records. I remember the name entirely it was a Norman Swayin used to have a host of children show on three KZ.
Speaker 11: Did all.
Speaker 1: What a wonderful little bit of nostalgia you've got there, Darren. Yeah.
Speaker 13: And the cardon always remember and everyone talks about modern day was Heckel and Jekyl.
Speaker 21: Oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the crows they were made sorry to correct you, yes, yes, I'm sorry to correct you so coldly, but but yeah, actually magpists. They looked like crows in fairness, they did, but.
Speaker 5: They're actually makepists.
Speaker 7: But they're rippers, Darren. And they go right back, don't they.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they do, certainly do.
Speaker 1: Very much. What about this? This is a text from Graham did Andrew and Simon. My cartoon character is the Great Gazoo.
Speaker 5: Do you know the Great Kazoo?
Speaker 7: The Great Kazoo was from The Flintstones when the Flintstones jumped the shark, that old showbiz expression. Because The Flintstones, before the Simpsons was the longest running cartoon series in the world, and my understanding is and but it got to a point where Pebbles and Bam Bam grew up, so they made them into teenagers rather than the kids, and then they introduced the Great Kazoo, who was a little green alien who would when Fred and Barney got in trouble, they'd call out for help from the Great Kazoo and he would magically appear and solve whatever problem.
Speaker 1: No, no, sort of strayed from the Flintstone Path by the time the Kazoo appeared.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think everybody had well.
Speaker 1: Not not Graham. You enjoy them, Roger Ramjet's secret Squirrel. But this is quite a list.
Speaker 7: From Banana Man, Yes, which was The Goodies, a cartoon voiced by the Three Goodies.
Speaker 1: Mister Dobi Morph Dexter, Dexter. You he was a robot too, wasn't he?
Speaker 5: Or Dexter the robot from Perfect Match? Oh well, Rob is always good.
Speaker 7: With the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mister red Rags, he's Bouncer.
Speaker 7: Bouncer was the dog in Neighbors. That's we're talking your favorite non human characters and Rob you have said Bouncer.
Speaker 9: Don't underestimate the popularity of Bouncer.
Speaker 7: How many people tuned into Neighbors. I must watch Neighbors because I want to see Bouncer walk beside his owner.
Speaker 10: You'd be surprised, Like Bouncer still gets to mention on neighbors every so often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to be alive anymore.
Speaker 10: No, No, he died decades ago, but as well and truly a very popular character on it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of these characters non human characters in shows, Ben yours Ben non human.
Speaker 5: Speaking of non human characters.
Speaker 10: Ben, I can grow out of antenna if you like that way. Not in public, My favorite is Bender from Futurama. Bender Bend, Bend, Bending, Yes, is the I look, I'm going to agree with you. I think is the single greatest character ever to be put into a cartoon.
Speaker 7: It's a big god is. I cannot think of a better character.
Speaker 1: Though familiarize myself fut Futurama.
Speaker 10: It's just it's a related show to the Simpsons. It's done by the same people. And Bender was one of the main characters. Who's a robot who drinks, but he needs to drink because because he's a robot, so he needs to be lubricated, so he's always drunk.
Speaker 1: He drinks oil.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so it's like he's drinking oil, but he drinks beer.
Speaker 7: He drinks beer to fuel his cells, yes, to fuel his power cells. And if he doesn't drink, he gets drunk like he becomes almost unconscious and paralytic if he doesn't drink, so he's basically sending a bad message.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, there's a not a kid's cutoon character at all.
Speaker 7: Really, is it not as such? No, But he's just got great attitude.
Speaker 10: He's good attitude, and he's got some interesting ideas. I've got a bit of a clip here of one of his more interesting ideas.
Speaker 15: All right, yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own theme park with black jack and hookers.
Speaker 7: In fact, forget the park.
Speaker 1: Oh I like him. I've just been introduced, and I like this guy. And he's angry, isn't he? He has that face. Wonderful.
Speaker 5: He is a wonderful character.
Speaker 1: I think we need to break.
Speaker 5: We do. Thank you to your who was called and texted. We do need to break.
Speaker 7: We've got the Mervin Purpose Quiz quick quiz coming up after this.
Speaker 1: This is what you've been waiting for. And here it is a quarter to twelve. Remember when three at w this Sunday night, the fabulous the Eternal Mervyn.
Speaker 4: Who wants to be on pervis have flashy flunkies everywhere Pervise who.
Speaker 26: Wants the father of a country estate.
Speaker 20: A country estate is something i'd hate, alright.
Speaker 11: I want to see a little bit more attention to detail in the Mervin Purpose quick quiz ten points for everyone you get right, ten points taken from you if you get them wrong. Are we right to go with the panel here? Are you right? Yes?
Speaker 7: I am, mister d Simon, Yes, thank you mister.
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 7: How are you murder.
Speaker 27: Today?
Speaker 11: All right? Here's the first question. Which fabled monster had alliance head of the serpent's tail?
Speaker 5: Quickly the host?
Speaker 11: Ten points taken from that because of pegass, Hey.
Speaker 5: Pegas, please call it cyclops.
Speaker 11: No, the shimmer shimmerer, Yes, the chimmer. Don't say, oh, dear over him?
Speaker 38: One question in movements twenty points.
Speaker 11: Out after how many days can a bloodhound still detect a smell?
Speaker 5: Or six days?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 11: Twenty quite confident? No, both of you three a week lose ten ten yes, lose twenty from Which country does the lettuce originate? Interesting questions?
Speaker 7: Arabia No, Latvia?
Speaker 11: Lose ten on that one. Peru red, Yes, it ran interesting, isn't it? Thanks?
Speaker 7: How did they get all the way over here?
Speaker 11: Well? They they sold the seeds to people in Warrandyte. They sprinkled the effect.
Speaker 4: Religious people in around say, let us pray which.
Speaker 11: Bird lays the world's largest egg?
Speaker 1: Living?
Speaker 11: Well, the largest egga the Ostrich's ten points to you.
Speaker 7: But I was going to say, what about the moa?
Speaker 1: The moa?
Speaker 11: What's the moa?
Speaker 1: It was the world's largest bird that laid the world's largest egg.
Speaker 5: Not anymore.
Speaker 38: Back in the dinosaur age then it was actually short for the mona, and if you saw the egg you'd know why.
Speaker 11: Or what about the ummy doodle bird? You remember that one? Yes, he was just swoop very low that doing so.
Speaker 5: What happened to gravel rack laid an egg?
Speaker 11: Who had great balls of fire? Gentlemen, Jerry Lee lewis no lose? So I'm told, what about Juian? Have you the man on fire?
Speaker 4: Bruce on his honeymoon?
Speaker 11: That's little Richard. It was in which language? Does PUPI mean belly bucking? In which language just pooping? Latin meant belly bubble, belly button Yugoslav no lose ten?
Speaker 1: All of you is?
Speaker 11: Is right? All right? Then let's move along here. Okay, I haven't ticked any of these. Oh here we are. If your eyes were one hundred feet above sea level, how far would the horizon be.
Speaker 38: I don't know, but you'd stand out in public twenty for that, that's clever.
Speaker 1: Twenty one miles.
Speaker 11: No, forty miles.
Speaker 14: No, they are fourteen miles.
Speaker 11: Fourteen miles is correct. What is curious about the tail of the Manx cat? There isn't one? How do you know?
Speaker 1: Because they don't have a tail, There isn't.
Speaker 7: After Ian gets to them, do you sell them?
Speaker 11: No, I don't sell them. Are they collectible?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, they would be because there's none of them.
Speaker 7: Oh I was going to I thought they did have a tail, but it was bald.
Speaker 11: No, just nothing. It came to the bottom and stopped and stumps.
Speaker 5: How do you know?
Speaker 7: What's happy?
Speaker 11: Do you call me stumps again? You've gone away with that too often. The Manx cat has no tail, But the Manx man three legs? The Manx Man?
Speaker 7: What the man who lives in minx embarrassed?
Speaker 1: Well, that's their symbol, the three legged man.
Speaker 11: So how does he walk on? Every third? Steps around in a circle over his head?
Speaker 5: His priends all day outside porn chops?
Speaker 12: Who is.
Speaker 23: Who?
Speaker 1: Does he lose?
Speaker 7: Points?
Speaker 1: Mister?
Speaker 11: Yes he does. A savage filth who was known as the prince of poly poly polophony, the down polophony.
Speaker 7: Oh no, he's the prince of polyester.
Speaker 5: Pythagoras loose ten j buck mark is correct?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 7: How many times its own heights?
Speaker 11: Can an athletic flea jump twenty fifty? Ten times one hundred? And they all lost ten? There? Who was the original man? You love to hate?
Speaker 5: Boom?
Speaker 11: You all lose twenty points for that?
Speaker 26: I like you?
Speaker 11: Who wasn't?
Speaker 5: That's right?
Speaker 11: Fun stonheart? Where would you find Cassini's division? Where would you find his ring on the.
Speaker 7: On the division in the inside fine.
Speaker 1: Unset?
Speaker 7: Such close?
Speaker 11: Yes? What are the other two rather whimsically named types of quark besides updown, top and bottom?
Speaker 5: There's a spinning quark.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I want the.
Speaker 5: Types of quark. And there's Joan Quark.
Speaker 7: She's the mother of Samantha saying west quark and hang on, there's quark forms.
Speaker 8: Quark kent.
Speaker 11: Eastern west quark, strange and charm. That's right, strange and charm. One more, mister, We won't have time. What are the scores?
Speaker 38: Okay, scores ill phillip on minus seventy because he was rather obscene Ian on minus forty, which was very good for im. I was on minus thirty because I got twenty points there from the very kind and gorgeous looking mister D's. Mervin went outright. They won seventy points, the only one with a positive score.
Speaker 1: Not again.
Speaker 7: And for his second appearance tonight. The first one was helping us with Kevin's.
Speaker 1: Quinn, I shouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: Kevin gets a bit digger because couple his shoulders. To know that I'm minding some of the answers to you. You like the way I said, It'll remember man.
Speaker 1: I hope that helped. Hello Andrew, Hello Tony. What has clasped in your your rather dainty left fingers.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a little pressy that I got. And so it's just like little life breakers. And I thought they were so good. I don't know what you've seen them. They're so good for you know, throwing curious little questions out for listeners to participate. For example, and I'll put it to both of you. We might look at this after midnight. If you could only eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, one meal every day, what would it be for the rest of your life?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's for the rest of well in my case, there's not all that many years ago, so that's not true. Stop saying that I shouldn't say no. I mean, but to compared to some of the younger like ben out there would perhaps be crumbed veal schnitzel.
Speaker 4: Nice, very classy with the potatoes.
Speaker 7: That would be some green bean.
Speaker 1: I don't think of. And would you eat it with cutlery or just vacuum in with my mouth?
Speaker 7: So for me, if it's not going to be my famous tuna casserole, which is which is famous people, if it was more of a pub meal, I'd probably go with klamari. I love kalamari.
Speaker 11: Be robbery.
Speaker 1: You'd want to make sure you get it right before you sign on for that.
Speaker 7: But even the cheap calamari that contains no calamari, I don't mind that. So you know the rings, you get the frozen ones from the supermarket in the box and you and there's just nothing in there that's remotely calamari.
Speaker 4: You were both missed on Saturday for the Survivors. I heard Kevin talking to you about it was fantastic afternoon catching up with people that I hadn't seen for many many a year obviously, and even to meet and spend a bit of time with the wonderful Gordon Bennett. Yes, from seven what a gent leader and did amazing programs at seven for years, whether it be spoiled or whether it be working with many of the people in the sport like Sandy and Bruce of course over those years, that's right.
Speaker 1: But I want to get back to the food you What would you if you could only have one meal for the rest of your living?
Speaker 5: A bit.
Speaker 4: Probably if it didn't make me ill every time with intergestion, it would be just a fully blown, wonderful Italian, pure Italian version of a spagetty carbonara.
Speaker 23: Oh yeah, except a lot of just a lot of pastor every day four years, assuming by this quiz that you can't be impacted poorly, but I think, wait.
Speaker 1: How many years you've got to go to?
Speaker 5: Looking at you?
Speaker 7: It's the ultimate answer to that question, though, if you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, surely the answers of beef Wellington, isn't it.
Speaker 5: We will move on too soon? Simon?
Speaker 9: Is it too soon?
Speaker 5: Okay? One more?
Speaker 7: And you you love this? What's the best job you ever had?
Speaker 1: Best job you have had? This one here and working for mister Stephen Beers and the wonderful management team at three a W.
Speaker 4: When you're an authentic kick, I just loathe that.
Speaker 1: Simon.
Speaker 7: Oh, I've been here for thirty years. I've only had two jobs. I was a bank clerk for six years and here for thirty. So yeah, for me, the answer is working here too.
Speaker 1: So that's it.
Speaker 4: No, there's nothing if what would you do if you ever left three W God forbid?
Speaker 7: By the way, my primary passion is writing, so if I could get a job writing, i'd be very happy. But I think a book, writing anything, writing writing, script and Portland. Oh well, now you're opening doors that won't come up.
Speaker 1: Well, just a thought down in Victoria, not Portland. Well it would be no good in Melbourne. There'd be a heap of in Melbourne, wouldn't there? But you'd be starting afresh. What's the matter?
Speaker 7: What do you even know?
Speaker 11: What does?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: I'll be innes. I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 7: I need to go to my studio now. I love you both, all right, thank you? Tony midnight, Tony McManus up after midnight. He'll be on here in a bed eight minutes from now.
Speaker 11: But that's it.
Speaker 7: For us for another night, Andy.
Speaker 1: We got to say goodbye, and as we say goodbye, will say, just as everywhere I go.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Ben,